AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

Overall
Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports® for sending it out!
  March 29, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers Or Additives
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Great Pumps
  • Versatile
  • Possible Increased Recovery
  • Patented Ingredient Used
  • Over Half Empty Tub
  • Value Is Questionable To Some

From the brand:

AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate is the purest, most powerful nitric oxide pump supplement there is.

How would we describe our agmatine supplement, AgmaPure? It's the next generation product of agmatine sulfate - the purest, cleanest & most powerful nitric oxide pump available.

Currently, AgmaPure is the most unique green agmatine sulfate in our industry. It's of the highest purity, produced by natural biological process and away from the neurohazard impurity Arcaine, which exists in almost all the other brands of agmatine sulfate. Most other agmatine supplements contain impurities - that's NOT the case with AgmaPure.

SLEEVE-SPLITTING PUMPS
AgmaPure creates an immediate boost in nitric oxide delivering hard, dense pumps.

BETTER ENDURANCE
Agmatine sulfate improves blood flow and nutrient transport to working muscles, resulting in significantly greater endurance.

FASTER RECOVERY
Improved nutrient delivery ensures vital nutrients to muscles post workout, which speeds up recovery.

HEIGHTENED FOCUS
AgmaPure also acts as a neurotransmitter / neuromodulator in the brain, which improves focus during training.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. I picked up this supplement because who doesn't love some additional pump during their workout? I sure do but sadly some of the pre-workout products on the market are lacking in this area or they are using inferior ingredients. I have used supplements with agmatine in the formula before but I was limited by whichever dosage the formulator decided to put into the product. This pure individual product from VMI allows me to control the dosing to hopefully achieve my desired result for whichever workout I have planned for that day. Please read on to see how my experimentation went with this tub.

As a side note, when you receive a tub of this supplement, it will look mostly empty like there was a mistake in production. Having seen this with my tub, I decided to weigh out the entire container before my first use. Thankfully the contents measured out at exactly the 30 grams that the tub is expected to contain.

This is a pure and simple single ingredient product. The provided scoop supplies 500mg of agmatine sulfate in the registered form of AgmaPure. The following information is taken directly from the AgmaPure website (http://www.agmapure.com/).

What is AgmaPure?

Maximum Purity & Special Bioferment Technology

Agmapure has reliable craft to produce high-purity agmatine and NO bad breath and bacterial vaginosis. In the biotransformation process of Agmapure, the system utilizes water as medium, the reaction conditions basically lie in the active enzyme, and finally there isn't any hazard byproducts responsible for the foul odor of putrefying flesh and bacterial vaginosis. So it's quite convenient to control and won't bring up any concern about environmental pollution.

No Harmful Residues

The process is green and safe, without introducing in any unwanted and unknown impurity. No matter how accurately the process parameters are set and controlled, the byproduct Arcaine harmful chemical, always remains in the synthetic Agmatine product unavoidably. But for the biotransformation process of Agmapure, the specificity of the utilized enzyme is in high efficiency, so there is no byproduct produced during the process.

Solid Foundation
Agmapure has a validated reference standard and assay method proving efficacy and safety for athletes.

We always follow up on a regular basis the reaserch progress of Agmatine, collect and invent various methods of biosynthesis and analysis to upgrade our products and consumer experiences for better safety and stability

Technical Cooperation

Agmapure has established long and steady technical cooperative relations with universities, research institutes, which promote the upgrade of our products

We has combined experience in the fields of diplomacy, government and industry and technology. We are developing new scientific research basis and new functions below the premise that assures quality.

What are the benefits of AgmaPure?

Increase Pumps & Insulin Response

As a competitive inhibitor of all nitric oxide synthase isoenzymes, Agmapure stimulates some types of Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) and acts directly on endothelial cells to increase the NOS, which induces them to cause vasodilatation, specifically iNOS and nNOS, leading to increased blood flow to the muscle experienced by acting as a competitive inhibitor. Agmapure is a definite contributor to an overall good looking muscular physique lead to a full look to the muscle and increase muscle pumps: agmatine may improve nutrient partitioning, leading to more muscle glycogen stored and consequently more water retained in the muscle. As an imidazoline receptor agonist, Agmatine also showing insulin-like effect that may help improve insulin response through enhanced insulin production which is a key to a leaner, harder, more muscular body in bodybuilding circles.

Cardiovascular Benefits

Agmapure have cardiovascular benefits Due to its stimulation of NOS. It has a potential hypotensive benefit that may help aid in cardiovascular health. This hypotensive role is beneficial for bodybuilders or athletes that use stimulants or hormone based compounds that may cause elevations.

Anti-oxidant

As a known antioxidant, Agmapure aid the body in shedding unwanted free-radicals that have built up during the course of normal daily activities lead to more free radical buildup than with the average person. It helps to keep entire body in a better state of health by limiting the activity of glutamate, over excitation of the brain.

Analgesic effect

Agmapure has potential to modulate pain sensitivity due to its ability to inhibit hyperalgesia (increased sensitivity to pain) and itsneuroprotective activity. Therefore, it may potentiate the effects of analgesics used during recovery from injury in sports training. It offers a plethora of health benefits for athletes, elderly individuals, and people suffering from chronic pain or drug addiction. It can boost your workouts by making you more inclined to work.

Nootropic Effect

Agmapure has a decidedly Nootropic effect that can help those looking to achieve a mental edge, whether it is in the gym or in day to day life. It can also help support a healthy mood, anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and also stack well with other Nootropic supplements. The primary method of action for agmatine is by crossing the blood-brain barrier, entering into the central nervous system and then binding to NMDA Glutamate receptors which is the chief neurotransmitter involved in synaptic plasticity and memory function, this may be responsible for a number of the associated cognitive benefits of this supplement.

Neuroprotective Role

Agmapure is a neurotransmitter due to its antioxidant effect and its prevention of over excitation by glutamate. Agmatine influences brain function in a variety of ways. It inhibits hyperalgesia which protects against brain injury and neuron damage. It also enhances motoneuron and nerve recovery and is used to treat facial nerve damage because it accelerates healing and results in more complete nerve rehabilitation. It reduces stress placed on the brain, especially in the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. It also enhances motoneuron and nerve recovery and is used to treat facial nerve damage because it accelerates healing and results in more complete nerve rehabilitation.

Taste >> This supplement only comes in an unflavored version from VMI and since I always mixed it with a flavored pre or intra workout supplement, there is nothing I can report here. Whether I used 500mg or 1500mg, the powder did not affect the flavor of the other supplement that I was mixing it with.

Mixability >> Much like taste, the mixability of this product was overshadowed by whichever other supplement I was mixing it with. At any dosage that I tried (one to three scoops), the only change in mixability I noticed was slightly more foam in my shaker bottle. Nothing outrageous or that would hinder the drinkability of the product.

Dosing >> As per the brand, you can mix one to three scoops either pre-workout for improved pumps, intra-workout for better endurance or post-workout for improved recovery. I personally experimented with the dosing of one to three scoops at two different times on strength training days. Those details will be explained in the effectiveness section.

Before I speak about the effectiveness of this supplement, I wanted to provide some background information about myself and my training that others could use as a comparison to get a better idea of how this product may work for them. In terms of body size, I am 6'3" and during my use of this supplement weighed between 225 and 235 pounds. I have also been training for 15+ years and have used many different supplements during that time. With that information known, now onto the effectiveness that I had with this product.

In the beginning I started out using one scoop stacked with my pre-workout (which happened to be 5% Nutrition Kill It Reloaded for some of the time). That pre-workout already had a decent amount of pump ingredients included in each scoop but no agmatine. During this trial of stacking these two supplements together, one scoop of AgmaPure did not provide any noticeable difference in my pumps or endurance during the workout. After trying the one scoop dose for about a week's worth of workouts, I decided to up the dose to two scoops mixed with the same pre-workout. This is when the pump and feeling of muscle fullness had a significant increase along with a little bit better endurance during the workout. This seemed to be the sweet spot for me as I also tried three scoops pre-workout a few times but did not notice any changes over the two scoop dosage.

The other time I experimented with this supplement during my usage was intra-workout. While I had this product, my intra-workout drink was either an amino acid product or some keto BHB salts (also from VMI Sports). Much like the pre-workout dosing, I started off with one scoop mixed in whichever intra-workout I was using at the time. At this dose, I noticed my pump would stick around slightly longer into the workout than before but not at the same intensity that I had at the beginning from my pre-workout. When I was using one scoop in my intra-workout, I was also using either one to two scoops in my pre-workout as well. The effectiveness also was not changed based on if my intra-workout stack included amino acids or BHB salts. I followed this dosing protocol for a couple of weeks before I switched things up again.

My last experiment before I emptied the tub of this was increasing the dosage intra-workout while decreasing the dosage pre-workout. During this time, I would use two scoops in my intra-workout drink while either using only one or zero scoops pre-workout. Since the pre-workouts I was using at the same time had a decent pump ingredient profile, I wanted to see if AgmaPure was a supplement that could sustain the intensity of my pumps throughout the entire workout and possibly carry-over into post workout recovery. With two scoops intra and zero scoops pre, I had a great pump from the beginning until the end of my workout. The endurance benefits of this combined with those I received from the pre-workout that I was using at the time was phenomenal. Lastly, the best experience I had with this supplement was when I used two scoops intra and one scoop pre. This combination gave me the best pump and feeling of fullness throughout my entire workout and stuck with me for about 30 minutes after I finished lifting. I also seemed to recover a little bit better with this dosing protocol. Not sure if it was because of the increased blood flow post workout or something else but it was a nice little added bonus. Sadly, I was only able to use this dosing protocol a few times because my tub ran out. I wish I would have found this combo sooner in my experiment because it was amazing.

The retail price listed on the VMI Sports website for a 30g tub of this product is $24.99. They also provide a 25% discount to military and first responders through their website, so that helps a little with the price. You can also find this supplement on Amazon and some other sites like www.bestpricenutrition.com and supplementwarehouse.com for $19.99 at the current moment. Some sellers on eBay will occasionally have this listed for around $15 as well. Please note that you can find regular generic agmatine sulfate on the web for much less but those products do not have the quality and science behind them as the AgmaPure version does.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects while using this product at any dosage level I tried (one to three scoops) or when I changed the timing of the dosage either (pre versus intra).

Conclusion

In conclusion, this first tub for me was all about experimenting with different dosing protocols to find the one that worked best for me. I received some benefits from most of the trials that I did but unfortunately it was the last one that proved to be the best and my tub was almost gone by that point. Hopefully from reading this review, I can save others the lost servings from various trials and they can get the maximum benefits out of each tub purchased. In my opinion, this would be a great supplement to add to your stack if you love the pump and have some extra money to spend each month; especially if you happen to have a pre-workout that is lacking in pump ingredients.

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. The only thing I would like to see changed is an added option with more servings per container. Since the tubs are mostly empty at the current time, it seems like you have plenty of room to put more product in each container and give the customer the option of a better value per scoop if they are willing to buy more.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.