AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate Reviews

By: VMI Sports Nutrition

Ranks #1 (better than 100%)
In: Amino Acids > Agmatine

AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate is an Agmatine Product manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It helps provide muscle pumps and vascularity during workouts by increasing blood flow and dialating blood vessels. More blood flow and nutrient delivery translates into increased muscle mass and fat loss.
ARTICLES

Amino Acids > Agmatine

June 9, 2017

Recently, I have been moving away from high stimulant pre workouts have been going for caffeine pills and lower caffeine content energy drinks (Uptime, Up Energy, and Fitaid). The main thing that I was missing with all these was a pump ingredient. So, when VMI put up AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate I had to try it.

The ingredient profile for VMI Sports AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate is very basic with one ingredient being Agmatine at a 500 mg dose per scoop. There are 60 servings in a tub and they recommend 1-3 scoops either pre/intra/post workout. Agmatine is a derivative of l-arginine. Agmatine has several health benefits that include combating stress (can lead to lower cortisol) and depression, can act as an antioxidant in the brain, and have benefits on insulin and blood glucose levels. As far as athletic performance, the largest benefit to agmatine is the increased nitric oxide activity that will increase vasodilatation. When this occurs, pumps can be greater during a workout and it can help with nutrient transportation. Depending on when agmatine was taken it could potentially help with recovery and endurance.

I will also note in this section that the form of agmatine in this product is agmatine sulfate in the trademarked Agmapure form. The trademark is owned by Shanghai Yongyi Biotechnology Co. and they are based out of Shanghai, China. The Agmapure form from what I have seen is the preferred form to use over standard agmatine. I will also add that there are no other ingredients or fillers in this product.

When mixing this with plain water it has a bitter almost sulfur taste to it. It is hard to describe but it is quite gross. I did try this in a protein shake and I could still taste the bitterness of the product. The only way that I could mask that taste was with any fruit flavored supplement or juice. These seemed to mask it well enough. I will note that the taste is on par with previous agamtine supplements I have taken so this is standard for agamtine supplements. At times I would just put this in a shot glass and shoot it, which was fine. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fine and I had no issues with mixing. I did have some issues scooping it out since the scoop was so tiny some powder escaped onto the counter. For dosing, VMI recommends 1-3 scoops pre/intra/post workout. My personal preference was two preworkout and sometimes another scoop post workout or shortly before bed. I felt like this was the most effective dosing protocol because it gave me the benefits of increased muscle pumps and recovery. The main thing I will say is to check your other supplements because many preworkouts (and some BCAA products) include agmatine.

There are three main areas that I felt like this product was very effective in and that was with muscle pumps, endurance, and recovery. As I stated previously I took two scoops preworkout and one post workout (or before bed on some days), which equates to 1.5g of agamtine. I noticed that when I was weight training the veins in my forearms and biceps were quite pronounced. I felt like the pumps were larger than they have been on citrulline malate that I have taken in the past. I also noticed a significant pump in my legs. In terms of endurance, I noticed that I could push a little harder in my workouts. I recently started a new leg workout routine where I will go to failure on some of my sets. This has been quite difficult but when taking this product I felt like I could push out a few more reps. This carried over into running since I recently started HIIT training on the trail. Again, I felt as if I could push myself for a few more seconds and not stop so soon. It was nothing huge but over the course of several workouts, the seconds will add up. As far as recovery goes, I noticed slight improvement in recovery over when I introduced HIIT and failure sets into my workout in the past. Based on what I read about agamatine when doing this review it was probably due to the increase nutrient transport.

Comparing this to other agmatine products, this was on par with ones I have taken in the past. Even regular agmatine sulfate not the trademarked agmapure form. I have taken Allmax agamatine, Nutrabio Agmatine, and Muscle Feast Agmatine. All worked and had similar results to this product. As stated previously I felt like this worked better than citrulline malate.

In terms of value, this product retails for $19.99 making it $0.33 per scoop. For my dosage, this would have cost $0.99 per day. I did find it on suppz.com for $18.99, which is just a dollar off retail. The price of this product is slightly more expensive than other agmatine supplements. Allmax Agmatine retails for $17.99 and for my dosage would be $0.80 per day. RSP Nutrition retails for $24.97 and at my dosage, you are looking at $0.75 per day. GAT has an agmatine powder for $23.99 and at my dosage, you are looking at $0.48 per day. The main thing with all these comparisons is that some come in larger tubs at 100 servings whereas VMIs comes in 60 servings. In addition, none that I compared here uses the trademarked agmatine, Agmapure.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, VMI Sports AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate was an effective product for increased muscle pumps, endurance, and recovery. I think it is a great addition to a supplement stack and is very versatile. The only drawback is that it is slightly more expensive than other agmatine products but it does use a trademarked agmatine whereas most others do not. I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending out the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Slightly Expensive

June 8, 2017

Big shout out and thank you to VMI Sports for allowing me to review their AGMAPURE!

Hello all, I am a 26 year old fireman from Ohio. I have been weight lifting and taking supplements steadily for a few years now. My goals are to maintain a solid shape for work and increase muscle mass. During my usage of this supplement I was also taking a PWO powder, protein powder, amino powder, multivitamin and a fish oil.

Easiest ingredient profile I have yet to review. There is one ingredient! That ingredient is Agmapure just as the name suggests. The actual ingredient name is agmatine sulfate. Their agmatine sulfate is not like other companies because they go beyond others and purify their ingredient so you are getting the best product available. They claim its the cleanest, purest, and most powerful NO pump ingredient out there and I believe it. There is zero other ingredients in this supplement. Short, simple, and 100% transparent which is just the way I like my supplement labels to look! This ingredient profile is so simple because this product is meant to be an addition to your preworkout or whatever else you take before heading to the gym. Although it can be taken on its own if your only looking for pumps at the gym and not focus or energy.

Well to be honest the taste is terrible. Its an almost chemical like taste. But that being said its only like that when taken by itself. If you mix it into any other flavored drink you cant taste it all. I always took it with my PWO but I would take a sip and then throw a scoop of it in my mouth and swallow. In my opinion that was the easiest way. I did put the scoops into my shaker a few times to test how well it mixed and it mixed just fine. I never saw any left over powder remaining at the bottom of my shaker. The dosing with this is unique and I like it. 1 scoop of this stuff is 500mg. The label breaks down what results you can expect with 1 (Improve Pumps, 500mg), 2 (Maximum N.O., 1,000mg), and 3 scoops (Vein Splitting, 1,500mg). The serving size is 1 scoop and it comes with 60 servings. So if you 1 scoop you get the full 60 servings, 2 scoop you get 30servings, and 3 scoop you get 20 servings. So depending on how you use this product it can last quite awhile or go pretty fast. The scoop is super tiny and its hard to get one perfectly even scoop. So most of the scoops I took were slightly heaping but that was fine with me.

This is where I feel the product truly shines. Now I initially tried 2 scoops to start and I noticed a decent pump. It was not huge but it was noticeable. My second time using it I used 3 scoops and wow was I impressed. The pumps I got from 3 scoops compared to 2 were easily noticeable. My muscle felt full and swollen. My veins were popping impressively. The most noticeable pumps I received were in my biceps, triceps, forearms, and shoulders. Sometimes when I was training forearms they would get so swollen that it would actually hurt a bit lol. Nothing too bad but still impressive. Now it definitely gave me great pumps everywhere else on my body but those were the best spots. I continued to use 3 scoops throughout the rest of my usage. I was happy with their product because I maintained those solid pumps each time I took it. I did not notice the effects fading or me needing to add another scoop in to get those desired effects. I am sure everyone with get different results with this product and if you get a great pump with less scoops that is awesome cause it will last much longer.

The cheapest I found the product was for $17.95 from supplementgeeks.com (free shipping too right now). Other than that I found it all over ranging from 19-25 bucks. If you use 1 scoop it breaks down to about 30 cents a serving, 2 scoops at 60 cents, and 3 scoops at 90 cents. So its pretty cheap but you also have to consider most people will be adding this to a preworkout so add that on top of it. I find it to be at a valuable price.

Side Effects

No side effects besides a bad taste in the mouth if taken alone.

Conclusion

Overall I was highly pleased with this product! It 100% delivered the results it promised. It worked for me everytime and I really enjoyed my usage. I would definitely recommend this to anyone seeking to improve their pumps at the gym! I can definitely see myself buying this product again in the future. Thanks again to VMI sports for sending this out!

March 6, 2017

Hey SR, time to get in my review for VMI's single ingredient AgmaPure supplement. AgmaPure is the purest form of agmatine sulfate around and is used to increase NO levels for a pump primarily, but also has some other benefits such as increased effectiveness of other ingredients. As I get older, and a little cheaper, I enjoy single ingredient bulk supplements quite a bit as I can add them here and there to improve products as well as extend their use. I was excited to try this as if you have read some of my reviews, agmatine is one of the few ingredients where I can really get a good pump going on. On the to the review!

As basic as it gets, 500 mg of AgmaPure, which is a very pure form of agmatine sulfate. I don't really respond well to Citrulline so I really like when I see agmatine in a product as that and beet root nitrates work the best on me. I found this dosage to be great as it really let me add things to my own preference. A very manageable dosage.

Never had this by itself, always stacked in something else. I did get some on my fingers/hands though and tasted it and it was just a little bitter. When mixed into a preworkout, bcaas, or sleep supplement it did change the flavor or mixability at all of those supplements from when I mixed them on their own. Dosing is how much/when you want really. Primarily I used this as a pump enhancer in my preworkouts, or if my preworkout had a decent pump I would add it to my intra bcaas, and also some with some powdered sleep supplements. Very versatile and I liked it.

This is a very solid single ingredient supplement. I believe it helped other products perform more the way they should and provided me with many benefits. Here's a breakdown:

Preworkout: I had a very high stim preworkout that really lacked a pump (K-XR). I added two scoops of this to it and I was able to receive a really good pump during my workouts. Blood flow was increased and veins especially in my arms were more pronounced.

Intra: When I added this to my itra bcaas because my preworkout had decent pumps, my pumps were even more pronounced and longer lasting. They would last well after I got home after my cardio. I liked know this as I know increased blood flow can help with nutrients getting back into those muscles such as bcaas, protein, vitamins, etc.

Sleep: I had read a long time ago that adding some pump products like agmatine to your sleep supplements can help the efficacy of those as blood flow is increased and those relaxation agents can really take effect. I added this to Keep DreamIn and I can say it helped there too. I felt the effects come on faster and would get very drowsy after only 20-30 min, where usually it takes about 45 min-hour.

Recovery: With the addition of this agmapure I did feel that not only my workouts improved but also my recovery. I tended to recovery a lot faster from DOMS which made it easier to get back in the gym and train harder.

Overall, a very solid, versatile product that you can add to many different things to improve your workouts and recovery.

You can find this for $18 and you will get 60 500 mg servings. I doubt people would use it so many things as I did, so it should last you a good month-month and a half. I would buy this again at this value and keep it on hand so improve my other staple stacks.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really liked this product as I found it helped the effectiveness of my other supplements. How many times have we said "Man, this preworkout is awesome but just needed a pump." With this, you can add a scoop here and there to really get what you need.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduction Of DOMS

March 5, 2017

Thanks to VMI for sending this out!

VMI's Agmatine competitor delivers 30 grams of patented Agmapure agmatine sulfate and nothing else. Literally, under "other ingredients" VMI lists "none." There is no flavoring, no dyes, no binders, no fillers, etc. Now, I have absolutely no idea how Agmapure agmatine sulfate compares to Agmass agmatine sulfate. I know some brands use one over the other, but I have never really been able to tell the difference (to be fair I have not tried to either). However, I know Agmapure is a popular patented form - probably the most popular since I see it more often than Agmass - and the real deal. In short, all other single-ingredient agmatine supplements, regardless of the brand or patented form used, should follow this model.

This is an unflavored powder and it is truly unflavored. There is a hint of natural bitterness but I find it gets completely overpowered by whatever beverage I mix it into. You can't ask for much better.

Mixability was perfect. After a few stirs with a utensil or shakes in a shaker, the agmatine was nearly 100% dissolved and indiscernible in the beverage. Again, you cannot get any better.

Dosing was extremely easy and flexible. Each scoop is 500mg, which is actually better than a 1 gram scoop in my opinion. This allows for more flexible dosing, which proved extremely important for me given how I used the supplement. I often took this before my later workouts if I had consumed too much caffeine in the day to use a full scoop of a caffeinated/stimulant-based pre-workout supplement. Sometimes, I would just take the agmatine mixed with some juice and other days I would mix a scoop or two with a half scoop or so of a caffeinated/stimulant-based pre-workout supplement. I would also take this before my earlier workouts if I had not yet had much caffeine/stimulants but planned to do so later. The small scoops allowed for extremely intuitive and flexible dosing. VMI suggests 1-3 scoops ("improve pumps"- "maximum n.o." - "vein splitting") but I rarely used more than 2 scoops regardless of the situation (sometimes 2 heaping scoops).

If you are looking to improve the quality, intensity, and consistency of your pumps in the gym, then you generally have 3 big routes: Agmatine, L-Citrulline, and Glycerol MonoStearate. I have had great experiences using each alone and various combinations of the three in different ratios. I have now adjusted my feelings on this and feel that a combination is best, and that a Agmatine + L-Citrulline combination is better than either on their own. That being said, that difference (of a combination vs single-ingredient supplementation) is the difference between a 9 and 10. At the proper dose, any of the big 3 should produce good results. That is exactly what I experienced with VMI's Agmatine Sulfate, which is perhaps unsurprising seeing as it's 100% patented agmatine sulfate.

With 2 scoops, or 1 gram, I consistently experienced above-average pumps after maybe 10-15 minutes of warming up/lifting. These were not quite "vein-splitting" (although to be fair that was promised at 3 scoops) but they were just as good as the pumps I'd get from a pre-workout. Sometimes, I started feeling myself too much and would wind up changing my back workout to be an arm workout or I would add a few more exercises/sets onto whatever workout I had planned for that day. That can be a little annoying if you are on a strict schedule but I am not on such a schedule. In fact, I actually liked this increased propensity to deviate from the plan because it allowed me to have fun again in the gym at a time when I was starting to lose that special relationship I have with my gym time.

Additionally, at 2 heaping scoops (for those days when you've been watching too much Rich Piana) I noticed a marginal increase in intensity and quality. The pumps were as equally consistent as with 2 scoops but that should not be too surprising. I do not think that the extra agmatine is really worth the increased cost per workout but I do recommend it if you have the $ to spend or need a little psychological boost in the gym to get you back on track like I did.

To describe the pumps a little more, I'll give an example of a typical arm workout. I would start warming up with triceps after downing approximately 1 gram of VMI's Agmatine Sulfate. After the warm-up sets and 3-4 sets of whatever exercise I started with that day (just depends on what was open at the time) I would have a noticeable pump that would stick around for the entire workout. After 8-10 more sets (or ~2 exercises) my pump would intensify to the point where I felt like Arnold after dropping a Trump diss. This intensity would remain for the rest of the workout and replicate itself in my biceps once I started training them. I would keep the pump, in some degree, for 15-30 minutes after my workout.

I found a 60 serving unflavored tub for $20 on Amazon. That's $20 for 30 grams of patented Agmatine Sulfate and nothing else. Of course you might be able to find agmatine sulfate for a bit cheaper if it was either an unpatented form, straight from a raws manufacturer, or in bulk. However, you can also find 100-200 grams of Agmapure for $30 on Amazon. You will not typically get such quantity from a reputable brand like VMI. As far as the "reputable brand offering a single ingredient, patented, namesake supplement" category, this is a good price. I have seen other brands charge $30+ for the same stuff. Still, if I am being 100% honest I have always thought blind brand loyalty is stupid. Why pay $20 for 30 grams of Agmapure when another brand will give you 6 the amount for the same price? It is all patented Agmapure so there is quite literally no difference other than packaging. I understand some people like to just stick with whatever they know works or with a brand they can trust so I will not give this an extremely low rating. Simply put, if you want to be frugal than look elsewhere for the exact same stuff, but if you would rather stick with a reputable, trusted brand then this is a pretty cheap option.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking VMI's Agmatine Sulfate.

Conclusion

8.5/10
This is a solid competitor in the agmatine/pump-based pre-workout supplement market. The results I experienced are exactly what you would expect from quality, patented Agmapure agmatine sulfate. You cannot ask for much more except for in terms of value. If you are looking to maximize your value then look elsewhere because the same patented Agmapure can be found in greater quantities for an equal price or less. However, if you think the trust and consistency associated with a brand like VMI is worth the extra $ then you should definitely try this out (it is actually on par/a little cheap for that department!). I got to a 8.5/10 rating from averaging the Value, Effectiveness, and Ingredient Profile categories with a small deduction from the poor value relative to lesser known brands for the exact same patented ingredient (admittedly this is my frugal nature/bias revealing itself). Ultimately, you will not regret giving this a try - even if you are frugal.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decent Pumps
  • Increased Vascularity
  • Great Pumps
  • Bitter Taste When Just Using Water
  • Poor Value

February 27, 2017

A special thanks to VMI for participating in the SR TROOPS/ER program. Today, I discuss their bulk Agmapure product. Agmatine sulfate has become the foundation of quality pump enhancing ingredients. At the right dosage and intensive training regimen, nothing seems to work better than good pure agmatine sulfate.

One simple ingredient:

Each scoop contains 500mg of straight up agmatine sulfate. In addition to pumps, agmapure has also been demonstrated to have positive effects of anabolic hormone levels and glucose metabolism.

Let's be honest though, the increased pumps and vascularity are what most if not all of us look for when taking agmatine sulfate.

The powder seems flavorless but I wouldn't know since I was always combining servings into plavored pre-workouts.

It mixed well within any liquid preparations I made and I had no problems with clumping or undissolved material.

The effective dose of agmatine can range between 1-3g in most users. Me personally, I enjoy 2g a day. With VMI's agmapoure, I combined two scoops into a pre-workout, adding a full gram to the agmatine that was already in the pre workout product itself, yielding my desired dosage.

Speaking solely on the pump aspect of agmatine, I got some improved solid pumps and vascualrity from this product. My trained muscles felt much fuller and I had some serious veins popping everywhere.

Also, it seemed to provide a little extra endurance for my cardio sessions, so that's always a plus.

Not much more to say on top of that considering I'm only reviewing a single ingredients.

The cheapest I found agmapure was 20 dollars. You get 60 500mg servings in each tub, so depending on how much you use, this tub can last anywhere between 1-2 months. I personally think this is a great value given agmapure's results and benefits.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Plain and simple, if you knowingly have good experiences with agmatine sulfate, VMI's agmapure is a solid bulk product to add to your pre-workout regimen to ensure you get those long sought after pumps and vascularity. Just be cautions how much you're taking and be aware of any agmatine your pre-workout may already have to ensure you're getting enough, but not too much.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

TRAIN HARD

February 24, 2017

Pump products are fun, I love them. Seeing my veins and getting a pump are some of my favorite things in life.

I've never tried agmatine on its own in my life, so this was a perfect opportunity to give it a run.

Just straight up agmatine. Specifically, AgmaPure. I guess you could compare this to CreaPure, CarnoSyn, etc.

Makes this very versatile.

Now on it's own this will taste awful, but once mixed with other ingredients(pre-workout for instance), it's not noticeable at all. Cant really think of many instances where I would take this on its own as it is.

One scoop gives you 500mg, and they recommend up to 3 scoops for intense pumps.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Well, I got exactly what I expected out of this. Every time I added this to my various pre-workouts, I noticed an increase in pumps, endurance, and vascularity.

Most of the time, I added a scoop or 2 depending on what product I was taking. Basically, I made sure I was taking 1500mg of agmatine before every workout. The vast majority of my workouts have been awesome lately, and this product sure helps.

Not too much to say since its a simple one ingredient product. Whether one scoop or 3, I always got the same result.

Value:(9/10)

You can get this for a little under $20. That's a good price, especially if you mix this with another pre-workout. It's also a high quality version of agmatine. I can kind of compare it to ThryoTwin from Giant Sports. Awesome product, not really amazing on its own, but affordable and a great add-on.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, this is a great option for someone who wants to add a little extra "pump" to their workouts at a price that won't break the bank.

Since most stimulated pre-workouts have agmatine in them as it is, I'd consider it more of an add-on than a standalone product.

February 7, 2017

Big thanks to the peeps out at VMI Sports for their participation in the TROOP program and hooking this product up for review.
I've always considered pump products to be more novelty than necessity, but there is no denying a good pump can provide a boost in motivation during a workout. This is my first delve into pure agmatine powder, so let's get into it...

Dosage: Started out with two scoops (1000mg) mixed into my pre-workout of ON Amino Energy, eventually moved up to 3 scoops (1500mg)

Ingredient Profile(9.5/10): Pretty straight up here. 100% Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate. Agmapure is noted for it's level of purity to other comparable products on the market, so high marks for that.

Mixture(9/10): Very easy and simple to mix up, it did not add any noticable textural differences or clumps when mixing this in with my pre-workout.

Taste(8/10): The taste disguised well when mixed in with my pre-workout, I did detect a slight bitterness when I went up to the 1500mg dose, but not a considerable enough difference to affect the overall taste of the pre-workout.

Effectiveness(9/10):Now the real test, how did this perform in the gym? I'd have to say pretty well in my experience. At the two scoop dose of 1000mg I did experience some good pumps, some vein popping, and some strong blood flow. I went with two scoops for the first two weeks with this, and noticed an improvement in pumps over taking Amino Energy on it's own. However at the three scoop dose of 1500mg... whoa man! Definitely among some of the strongest pumps I've experienced during a workout, and definitely a motivator to move some weight when you get the blood pumping at that level. At 3 scoops, it doesn't make the container last long, but man does it deliver. If you're mixing this into a preworkout that already has an high dose of agmatine or other N.O. booster you could probably get away with two scoops at 1000mg. For what I was using though, 3 scoops was the sweet spot for sure. It is also marketed that this can help in recovery as well, but for what I was using it for in a pre-workout form I don't think it had much affect on my recovery aspects.

Side Effects: No noticeable side effects.

Value(5/10): This will run you $18.95 off of A1 Supplements, which is the best price I could find. Which at 60 scoops a container at 500mg a scoop, this container has 30 grams. This will run you 64 cents per two scoop serving (1000mg or 1 gram), or 96 cents per 3 scoop serving. Which is considerably higher than other Agmapure products you can find online in the 19-20 cents per gram range. This is the only real downer to this product.

Overall, I enjoyed using this product and am impressed with the pumps it provided. I can say with confidence it performs and produces. Sadly though due to it's considerably higher price than other Agmapure products sold out there, this kind of throws a wet blanket on an otherwise awesome product.
  • Poor Value

December 15, 2016

Hey SR. I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry to the reps and Troopers at SR for this review coming in so late. I'm sorry to those at VMI Sports Nutrition but thank you for giving me the opportunity to try your product.

The label is completely disclosed and is just Agmapure. Two scoops of this agmapure gives you 1000mg of agmapure. It also contains 60 servings for one scoop (500mg).

Taste
The product is truly unflavored. However if you mix this with just water, it has a chalky flavor to it (kind of reminds me of creatine). Personally it was not very good by itself. Mixing it with a flavored preworkout was the best way to somewhat hide the chalky flavoring. But even with the preworkout flavor, the Agmapure's chalkyness was still noticeable. It wasn't very delightful to drink. But the effectiveness outweighed the tastes.

Mixability
I had no issues with mixability. It dissolves completely within a few shakes.

I took two scoops of the product with a preworkout of my choice. For me, the product was effective when taken 30-40 minutes before my lift.

This is where the product really shines. It straight up works. Mixed with a good preworkout with decent pump ingredients, the Agmapure was a true pump magnifier. Just one scoop alone was not good enough. It would give me a decent pump but it left me needing/wanting more. But with two scoops, I got a fuller pump. Even if I wasn't training my arms directly, my arms would be full and dense. The product did not do much for me on lower body days. I didn't notice any crazy increase in vascularity either. It felt great though to have such a great pump, especially early on in the workout. As soon as I started my warm ups (upper body), I could feel my arms getting warm and full of blood.

Prior to receiving the product, I noticed in some reviews that some Troopers mentioned increased endurance. I personally cannot say that I experienced any significant increase in endurance or recovery. At least DOMS were not increased or changed negatively. I also did not feel any difference between taking 2 and 3 scoops.

The cheapest place I could find was at Amazon for $20 for 60 servings. But if you double dose like I did, then only 30 scoops. Or if you go with three scoops, you would get 20 servings. I will be keeping this as a stable in my stack. I feel that the price is justified for such an effective product. IT was never a hit or miss product, it was consistent.

Side Effects
Too much of a pump? Said no one ever.

In all seriousness though, there were no side effects at all.

Conclusion
Greatest addition to a preworkout that I have tried so far. A cheap but effective product that can spice up any preworkout. Give it a shot and let the pumps start rolling in.

Thank you again VMI for allowing me this opportunity.
  • Decent Pumps

December 13, 2016

Hello SR! First I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending Agmapure out to review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. I'm going to have to say this is one of my favorite supplements to have tried and it's just simply a one ingredient product. I had awesome pumps both on it's own and mixed with all sorts of other supplements, plus taking a scoop before bed made my recovery process seem improved.

It's simply a higher grade of agmatine sulfate known as Agmapure. Each scoop is 500mg, which is the single dose you can take, or you can use more scoops to heighten the pump. The label is fully disclosed and shows no other ingredients are present meaning it's straight up pure agmatine sulfate. That's all I have to say about that.

If you try this in just water on its own it's pretty salty-bittery tasting, but nothing unbearable. I only did this once, and from then on mixed with a BCAA, pre-workout, or juice shot before bed. Mixing is perfect and dissolves easily. Dosing is whatever you want really. The label shows you the intensity you should expect from 1-3 scoops. I always used two for workout and 1 before bed.

Two scoops on its own or mixed with a non-supplement beverage brought about impressive pumps. Vascularity was somewhat there, but I was more in need of that muscle fullness feeling. Plus the strength seemed to come along for the ride along with recovery following the workout. I did mix this with VMI sports VasogenXT and oh man am I hooked.

That is THE pump stack to purchase VasogenXT+Agmapure= Becoming a BAMF. Seriously. I mixed it with their pre-workout and creatine as well and always just had great results in muscle fullness, strength boosts, plus recovery time was expedited. Taking a scoop before bed for 2 weeks seemed to significantly increase my recovery further, plus gave me nice morning wood hahaha

$18.99 on Tiger Fitness for 60 servings. I think this is well worth it even if you had to take 2 scoops making it last only 30 servings.
1 scoop (60 servings) costs $0.32 per serving
2 scoops (30 servings) costs $0.63 per serving
3 scoops (20 servings) costs $0.95 per serving

So no matter what it's under a buck for pumps, strength, and recovery. Great price for an amazing supplement.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I'm definitely planning on getting me another little tub because this supplement was just that awesome for me. VMI Sports delivers yet again a perfect product. If I had to be picky about something it would be adding like 1/2 inch to the scoop handle. That tiny ass thing also having a short handle caused me to probably lose 2 scoops on my fingers as residue falling off. Thanks again for sending Agmapure out VMI Sports Nutrition!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduction Of DOMS

December 9, 2016

For quite some time now, I've favored Agmatine over all other pump ingredients and found it to be superior to all other types. How did VMI's version fair? Let's take a look. Thanks to VMI for sending this out to be reviewed.

Ingredient Profile: (9/10)

Very simple here: 500mg of pure Agmatine Sulfate (Agmapure) per scoop. 60 scoops per container. Doesn't get any simpler than this. 500mg per scoop is appropriate when dealing with a singular ingredient and makes it easy to vary dosages. Thumbs up.

Taste/Mixing: (10/10)

The powder is unflavored. I never had this by itself and only mixed it with stimulant based pre-workouts, so I have no idea what this tastes like naturally, but I never noticed it when mixed with other powders. Therefore, it gets perfect marks from me in this category. I can't imagine this tastes good mixed with just water, however, so I would have rated it lower had I done so and wouldn't advise anyone do that themselves, either.

Effectiveness: (9/10)

As I said at the start of my review, I consider Agmatine to be the superior pump ingredient and have always gotten great pumps from products that include it. VMI's Agmatine was no exception, and I was able to add exactly the dose I liked to get a great pump every time. I dosed this at 2 scoops every time with no exceptions. This provided 1g of Agmatine and that was more than enough to give me a deep, full, dense pump, especially when working on my arms. I also noticed better vascularity when using this as opposed to not. If you're looking for one hell of a pump, Agmatine is your friend.

Value: (8.2/10)

At $20 on Amazon, this represents pretty good value. This is cheaper than the others I found that were similar (brand name and coming in a 30g tub) but more expensive than raw, bulk agmatine. BulkSupplements offers 250g of Agmatine for $25, so if bulk is your thing, that's certainly the way to go. However, I also believe this product to be of a higher quality with Agmapure, so take that for what it's worth.

Ovarall: (8.6/10)

I would highly recommend VMI Agmatine to anyone looking to add a great pump to their existing pre-workout that doesn't already have it. The results were good and the price is fair, so there isn't much more to ask for. Thanks again to VMI for sending this out to me.