Overall Score:   How is this Calculated?

Ranks #2 of 10 (better than 89%) in
Amino Acids > Agmatine

AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate is an Agmatine Product manufactured by VMI Sports Nutrition. It helps provide muscle pumps and vascularity during workouts by increasing blood flow and dialating blood vessels. More blood flow and nutrient delivery translates into increased muscle mass and fat loss.
COMPARE SIMILAR

elee229
  December 15, 2016

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
Hey SR. I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry to the reps and Troopers at SR for this review coming in so late. I'm sorry to those at VMI Sports Nutrition but thank you for giving me the opportunity to try your product.

The label is completely disclosed and is just Agmapure. Two scoops of this agmapure gives you 1000mg of agmapure. It also contains 60 servings for one scoop (500mg).

Taste
The product is truly unflavored. However if you mix this with just water, it has a chalky flavor to it (kind of reminds me of creatine). Personally it was not very good by itself. Mixing it with a flavored preworkout was the best way to somewhat hide the chalky flavoring. But even with the preworkout flavor, the Agmapure's chalkyness was still noticeable. It wasn't very delightful to drink. But the effectiveness outweighed the tastes.

Mixability
I had no issues with mixability. It dissolves completely within a few shakes.

I took two scoops of the product with a preworkout of my choice. For me, the product was effective when taken 30-40 minutes before my lift.

This is where the product really shines. It straight up works. Mixed with a good preworkout with decent pump ingredients, the Agmapure was a true pump magnifier. Just one scoop alone was not good enough. It would give me a decent pump but it left me needing/wanting more. But with two scoops, I got a fuller pump. Even if I wasn't training my arms directly, my arms would be full and dense. The product did not do much for me on lower body days. I didn't notice any crazy increase in vascularity either. It felt great though to have such a great pump, especially early on in the workout. As soon as I started my warm ups (upper body), I could feel my arms getting warm and full of blood.

Prior to receiving the product, I noticed in some reviews that some Troopers mentioned increased endurance. I personally cannot say that I experienced any significant increase in endurance or recovery. At least DOMS were not increased or changed negatively. I also did not feel any difference between taking 2 and 3 scoops.

The cheapest place I could find was at Amazon for $20 for 60 servings. But if you double dose like I did, then only 30 scoops. Or if you go with three scoops, you would get 20 servings. I will be keeping this as a stable in my stack. I feel that the price is justified for such an effective product. IT was never a hit or miss product, it was consistent.

Side Effects
Too much of a pump? Said no one ever.

In all seriousness though, there were no side effects at all.

Conclusion
Greatest addition to a preworkout that I have tried so far. A cheap but effective product that can spice up any preworkout. Give it a shot and let the pumps start rolling in.

Thank you again VMI for allowing me this opportunity.
  • Decent Pumps
pancow
  December 13, 2016

----Introduction----

Hello SR! First I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending Agmapure out to review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. I'm going to have to say this is one of my favorite supplements to have tried and it's just simply a one ingredient product. I had awesome pumps both on it's own and mixed with all sorts of other supplements, plus taking a scoop before bed made my recovery process seem improved.

----Ingredient Profile----

It's simply a higher grade of agmatine sulfate known as Agmapure. Each scoop is 500mg, which is the single dose you can take, or you can use more scoops to heighten the pump. The label is fully disclosed and shows no other ingredients are present meaning it's straight up pure agmatine sulfate. That's all I have to say about that.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

If you try this in just water on its own it's pretty salty-bittery tasting, but nothing unbearable. I only did this once, and from then on mixed with a BCAA, pre-workout, or juice shot before bed. Mixing is perfect and dissolves easily. Dosing is whatever you want really. The label shows you the intensity you should expect from 1-3 scoops. I always used two for workout and 1 before bed.

----Effectiveness----

Two scoops on its own or mixed with a non-supplement beverage brought about impressive pumps. Vascularity was somewhat there, but I was more in need of that muscle fullness feeling. Plus the strength seemed to come along for the ride along with recovery following the workout. I did mix this with VMI sports VasogenXT and oh man am I hooked.

That is THE pump stack to purchase VasogenXT+Agmapure= Becoming a BAMF. Seriously. I mixed it with their pre-workout and creatine as well and always just had great results in muscle fullness, strength boosts, plus recovery time was expedited. Taking a scoop before bed for 2 weeks seemed to significantly increase my recovery further, plus gave me nice morning wood hahaha

----Value----

$18.99 on Tiger Fitness for 60 servings. I think this is well worth it even if you had to take 2 scoops making it last only 30 servings.
1 scoop (60 servings) costs $0.32 per serving
2 scoops (30 servings) costs $0.63 per serving
3 scoops (20 servings) costs $0.95 per serving

So no matter what it's under a buck for pumps, strength, and recovery. Great price for an amazing supplement.

----Conclusion----

I'm definitely planning on getting me another little tub because this supplement was just that awesome for me. VMI Sports delivers yet again a perfect product. If I had to be picky about something it would be adding like 1/2 inch to the scoop handle. That tiny ass thing also having a short handle caused me to probably lose 2 scoops on my fingers as residue falling off. Thanks again for sending Agmapure out VMI Sports Nutrition!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop
Brotein
  December 9, 2016

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
For quite some time now, I've favored Agmatine over all other pump ingredients and found it to be superior to all other types. How did VMI's version fair? Let's take a look. Thanks to VMI for sending this out to be reviewed.

Ingredient Profile: (9/10)

Very simple here: 500mg of pure Agmatine Sulfate (Agmapure) per scoop. 60 scoops per container. Doesn't get any simpler than this. 500mg per scoop is appropriate when dealing with a singular ingredient and makes it easy to vary dosages. Thumbs up.

Taste/Mixing: (10/10)

The powder is unflavored. I never had this by itself and only mixed it with stimulant based pre-workouts, so I have no idea what this tastes like naturally, but I never noticed it when mixed with other powders. Therefore, it gets perfect marks from me in this category. I can't imagine this tastes good mixed with just water, however, so I would have rated it lower had I done so and wouldn't advise anyone do that themselves, either.

Effectiveness: (9/10)

As I said at the start of my review, I consider Agmatine to be the superior pump ingredient and have always gotten great pumps from products that include it. VMI's Agmatine was no exception, and I was able to add exactly the dose I liked to get a great pump every time. I dosed this at 2 scoops every time with no exceptions. This provided 1g of Agmatine and that was more than enough to give me a deep, full, dense pump, especially when working on my arms. I also noticed better vascularity when using this as opposed to not. If you're looking for one hell of a pump, Agmatine is your friend.

Value: (8.2/10)

At $20 on Amazon, this represents pretty good value. This is cheaper than the others I found that were similar (brand name and coming in a 30g tub) but more expensive than raw, bulk agmatine. BulkSupplements offers 250g of Agmatine for $25, so if bulk is your thing, that's certainly the way to go. However, I also believe this product to be of a higher quality with Agmapure, so take that for what it's worth.

Ovarall: (8.6/10)

I would highly recommend VMI Agmatine to anyone looking to add a great pump to their existing pre-workout that doesn't already have it. The results were good and the price is fair, so there isn't much more to ask for. Thanks again to VMI for sending this out to me.
    FlashReborn
      December 6, 2016

----Introduction----
    Hello all, as always its been hectic but I have been getting to the gym and nothing tops off a good workout like the pumped, full feeling in your chest, back, arms, shoulders ect than what you get with a solid pump product. VMI sports has a pump product as well as a simple bulk Agmapure product. I was able to try samples of the pump product as well as completing the bottle of Agmapure. Both are good products and Id love to try a whole bottle of Vasogen to get the full effect, but the Agmapure even solo is prime and Im happy to provide a positive review.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Each bottle consists of 60 servings of 500mg each of pure Agmatine Sulfate. It suggests a bunch of different dosing schemes but I chose to stick with a moderate two scoop dose preworkout for the pump benefits and 1g of Agmatine.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    No taste really as I mixed it in with a non pump PWO, mixability was fine, pure agmatine dissolves really well, and dosing was a simple two mini scoops. No big deal. This, of course, wasn't flavored but there was no detectable aftertaste positive or negative.

----Effectiveness----
    Like I stated in the title, Agmatine is king for me in the pump department. Two scoops is a nice middle ground to where I get solid pumps in the muscle groups I am working out and a decent overall pump. I tried 3 scoops a couple times just for fun and the pumps were that much better, but overall I was satisfied with two scoops making the bottle last a full 30 days.

The other notable benefits of Agmatine is a noticeable increase in workout endurance. After a few weeks of spotty attendence, my overall endurance was markedly decreased. The agmatine definitely seemed to provide increased endurance and I have since been bumping up to 1.5g of agmatine to get back to previous endurance levels and combat the fatigue of the long work hours and decreased opportunities to workout.

Also, despite spending some time away from the gym the agmatine seems to have done a good job assisting the recovery process where I would normally be crippled because of my lack of current conditioning.

----Value----
    I was able to find this for 19.99. At two scoops I was able to get a full 30 true servings out of this. Sure you can find bulk agmatine cheaper but overall this is a pure, solid source so I don't mind paying a little extra for the value.

----Conclusion----
    All in all, agmatine can't be beat for a simple product that fills all of your pump needs. I can't stress enough how much I like this ingredient and this is a solid choice for it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduction Of DOMS
      PiccoloPete
        December 5, 2016

----Introduction----
      I have been training for strength for the past couple months, with accessory workouts. I also throw in the occasional extra workout out. Normally the occasional workout will be something like Arms or Shoulders sometimes even a part of the leg like hams or quads. I want to Thank VMI for sending this product out as it was my first experience with a agmatine sulfate product. Also as always thank you to SR for making this possible!

----Ingredient Profile----
      This is a single ingredient product all you get in AGMAPURE is Agmatine Sulfate. Usually you see this ingredient in many of our favorite preworkouts, and it is normally in the pump/endurance section (if at all divided into sections). Agmatine is supposed to provide increased blood flow, NO production and also claims to help with muscle recovery.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Well the taste is horrible if mixed on its own! It is extremely bitter, and when added to other liquids you can tell it's in there but it makes it so much more tolerable!

I mixed this in water, sports drinks and even juice to test for mixability. My conclusion was that this mixed great in almost every liquid, very little sediment if any at all.

Dosing is simple you get 60 servings per container and 1 scoop yields you 500mg of this pump powder! You can dose this at 1-3 scoops pre/intra/post however you like.

I dosed this mostly at 2 scoops preworkout! I played around with it on a couple of occasions and came to the conclusion that 2 scoops was my sweet spot!

----Effectiveness----
      Was VMIs product effective? The answer is one big YES!!

Let's start off with the Pumps - normally I get my pump from doing accessory work or that extra day in the gym. Well with AGMAPURE I was getting a pump during my warm ups! This meant that the pumps I was going to get would be nice and painful, and it was every single time. I did however not notice a huge difference in performance from 2 and 3 scoops. That is why decided to stick with 2 scoops, I felt that this was my sweet spot it gave me great pumps in all muscle groups.

The second aspect that I wanted to touch on was the increased endurance I got from AGAMPURE. I always felt that I could do that extra rep and add that extra set. I did however have a few occasions where I felt I could do that extra set and was completely full of blood that I couldn't complete the exercise, this was literally training until failure!

----Value----
      60 servings for 18.95 + shipping from A1supplements. The amount of pump in one container is awesome! AGMAPURE has good value in my book.

None!

----Conclusion----
      VMI has a slam dunk by keeping it simple and effective! My only gripe was that it is said to be unflavored and tasted really really bitter. I do understand some of these powders are bitter in nature, I would like to see a flavored version of AGMAPURE. This is something to have on hand and can be used as a stand alone or with other pre-workouts!
      wjmathewsx
        December 5, 2016

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
      What up folks?!? I'm back with a review of another GREAT product I received from the SR TROOP side of the house. I really appreciate the chance to take several products that, otherwise, I might not ever find out about. I have been trying to get stronger and add some sixe since about Aug/Sept and so I have added some weight. When I saw this I thought about what it could do when mixed with my current preworkout on the pump and vascularity side. That's why I asked to review it. I hadn't really ever heard of it so I thought "What the heck?"

----Ingredient Profile----

500mg's of Agmatine Sulfate. Pure and simple. After doing a little research so that I could see what it was supposed to do I came up with the following benefits it has other than pump and vascularity:

1. It is supposed to provide additional energy to help you through the workouts.
      2. Supposed to help your brain cope with stress better.
      3. Reduces inflammation

I can't say for sure about number 2 but I could tell a difference in 1 and 3 from before I used it to while I was using it.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----

It's an unflavored powder that doesn't taste so god by itself. I do not recommend taking this by itself. I mixed it with my preworkout drink because you couldn't tell it was in there other than some grittiness at the end of the preworkout.

It mixed about as well as I could expect it to. However, there was some grittiness with more than one scoop.

I started with one dose but like most gym junkies I quickly upped it to 2 and 3 scoops because I wanted to see what kind of bang I could get out of it and I wasn't disappointed with 2-3 scoops either.

----Effectiveness----

This product WORKS. It's as simple as that. Whether you use one scoop or 3 scoops you will feel/see a difference while at the gym. I noticed more and more vascularity when I went from 1 to 2 to 3 scoops. The vascularity was amazing. Citruline Maleate in my preworkout does great but when you add this to it you can really tell a difference.

----Value----

I found this for about $24 online. You get 60 scoops if you use just one. 2 Scoops get's you 30 servings and 20 servings if you use 3.

----Side Effects----

I didn't notice any side effects while taking this.

----Conclusion----
      In conclusion, I have already ordered another tub of this because I enjoyed the pumps and vascularity so much. If you are looking for something to give you a better pump than your current preworkout provides then let me recommend Agmatine Sulfate. It's not that expensive and can definitely help you in the gym. Thanks again to SR and AgmaPure for the opportunity to take and review this product. It is truly a good one.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Reduction Of DOMS
      workoutguru
        November 7, 2016

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
      First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us have the chance to try this product. This was my first ever agmatine product I have used. I have never really been that big into wanting to use just a plan straight up agmatine product. Since this came up on the trooper program I thought what the heck I will give it a try. This is my second VMI product I will have tried.

Ingredients:
      Nothing real special here just plain agmatine. Per scoop you get 500mg 2 scoops 1000mg and 3 scoops 1500mg. There are no other ingredients added to this. They claim this is the purest, cleanest, and powerful nitric oxide pump.

Some of the claims they say this was is
      Improve Muscle Pumps
      Boost Nitric Oxide Levels
      Enhance Endurance & Recovery
      I think it did a good job at hitting all of those areas it claims.

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on suppz.com for $18.99 for 60 servings. Besides VMI website this was the only place I could find it. On their website they want $24.99. I think the $18.99 is an ok price for this just depends on how many servings you take. I would not want to spend anymore than that if I did not have to just because it's more of a pump product and does not do a whole lot more than that.

Taste:
      This is unflavored powder. Not really much for taste but it was enough to at least know that it was there and your using it. It does give it a slight chalky taste you will notice but nothing that really hindered the taste to much. Just make sure whatever your mixing it with is flavored because on it's own it does have a very bitter taste to it.

Mixing/Dosing:
      No issues with it mixing. No clumping or anything like that to worry about. Dosing is pretty simple. They say to mix 1-3 scoops. I decided to go with 3 scoops. I usually have a really hard time noticing pumps so I figured I would go with the 3 scoops. If you respond a lot better to agmatine then you might not want 3 scoops and can get by with less.

Like I said this was the first time I have used a straight agmatine product. I usually have a really hard time noticing pumps and I thought that maybe by adding more agmatine it could help me notice them a little more. When I first started out using this product I noticed right away a pretty strong pump like feeling. The only problem with that is the pump did not seem to last very long for me. The pump feeling it did give me felt pretty good I thought. It seemed like the more I used this product the less I noticed the pumps. I mean they were still there at times but did not seem to be as strong. I guess it depended on how hard I was working out that day and what I was working that day for muscle groups. I think if your doing more high volume training you will feel the pumps a lot more than if your doing more strength training. I do think this helped some in my uptake of my pre-workout and helped with vasodilation affect a bit more. This I found to be good at helping reduce some DOMs I may have. It was nothing real outstanding but did help some and any kind of extra recovery I can get is always nice to have. I never knew agmatine helped with recovery I thought it was more for giving you pumps but I was happy when I found this out. Also I found out after I used this that it can help at night with GH levels and boost your REM sleep a little which I did not know. If I would have know that I would have used it at night to see if it would have helped any. This product was a nice addition to add but I don't think this is something I would make sure I used all the time. It does have some good benefits to it but I don't feel they are that great to want to spend the extra money on all the time. I know for strength gains and stuff like that it won't do a lot to help with that.

Side Effects
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      This I thought was a nice added bonus to your workout stack. Do I feel this is a must have and use all the time no but it is something that is nice to use once in awhile. I was rather surprised with some of the added things this does for you that I did not know this would do besides giving you that pump. I think this is something I would be happy with trying again because this time I would try using it a little differently than just pre-workout so I can see if it would work any differently or better for me. It's not a real expensive product so I would say if you get a chance to try this it's worth giving a try. Again I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us have the chance to try this product.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Reduction Of DOMS
      • Decent Pumps
      Momo1
        November 7, 2016

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
      What's up SR nation! I would like to first thank VMI Sports Nutrition and the Troopers for allowing to run their product AgmaPure. For all of us who love to walk around with our chest and arms pumps, while just standing in line to get your Starbucks fix, we are always looking for that pump product to give us that effect. So when I saw AgmaPure come up for the troopers to try, I jumped on it like a bear attacking a bee hive!

----Ingredient Profile----

Profile is straight to the point, it has Agmatine Sulfate, with each scoop providing 500 mg. There are a number of benefits that Agmatine Sulfate provides, other than just PUMPS:

Additional energy during your workout
      Reduction of inflammation
      Assist in the brain's ability to cope with stress

Taste
      This is unflavored, so you can mix it with juice; it can be bitter if you just drinking with water.

Mixability
      Mixes great, no clumping

I used this in a number of ways, 2 scoops on workout days, 1 scoop on non-workouts days, and 1 scoop before bed; VMI recommends 1 to 3 scoops to add to your favorite pre-workout, intra, or post.

----Effectiveness----

I really use this on different types of scenarios, which is why in my opinion; this is just not a pre-workout supplementation only. Taking 2 scoops (1000 mg) on my workout days, I added to my Preworkout, which I have been using a number of different ones; I tried using AgmaPure with pre-workouts that had limited or no pump supplementation included. The pumps that I got were great and it help my body to uptake my pre-workout faster, since this creates a vasodilation affect. On non-workout days, I took one scoop (500 mg) first thing in the morning with either a small cup of Joe or a shot of aminos; again, AgmaPure help speed up the process for the cup of Joe to kick in, plus a nice pump.

During the run of this product, for one week, I just took it before I went to sleep, one scoop. There has been some research conducted regarding the benefit of taking an Agmatine Sulfate product before hitting the stack; possible increase in GH levels. On the nights I would take this, I noticed an increase in my RAM sleeping patterns; I would have very vivid dreams. In fact, on days when I would work out that evening, the next day, any DOMS that was starting to creep up, I would just feel a little sore. I did not see any real effects that one see when taking any GH products during the week that I used it for night use; however, the next tub I buy of AgmaPure, I will use it only for night and see if I any of the noticeable effects of increase GH level. Finally, another nice effect when using it at night, were massive hard morning wood! My God, I had to stand 4 feet away from the toilet just to pee; the wife was happy to see I was saluting her every morning!

----Value----
      I think this is priced nice, at $23.99 on Amazon for 60 servings, if you use 1 scoop. Even if you use 2 scoops, you still get 30 days; 3 scoops, you get about 20 days.

None!

----Conclusion----

At the end of the day AgmaPure accomplished what it claimed and provided some additional benefits that maybe, cannot be added on their site; hence hard wood. This is just not a pump product, there are additional uses that we in the fitness world, can benefit from it. Will I be buying another tub, yes! Will I recommend you get out there and get a tube, yes, it is worth a try, and it will not hit your wallet at all; considering the benefits you will see!
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • RAM Sleep
      • Reduction Of DOMS