AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate Reviews

By: VMI Sports®

ARTICLES

Pre-Workout > Pump
AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports®. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.

March 29, 2019

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Fillers Or Additives
  • Versatile
  • Possible Increased Recovery
  • Patented Ingredient Used
  • Over Half Empty Tub
  • Value Is Questionable To Some

From the brand:

AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate is the purest, most powerful nitric oxide pump supplement there is.

How would we describe our agmatine supplement, AgmaPure? It's the next generation product of agmatine sulfate - the purest, cleanest & most powerful nitric oxide pump available.

Currently, AgmaPure is the most unique green agmatine sulfate in our industry. It's of the highest purity, produced by natural biological process and away from the neurohazard impurity Arcaine, which exists in almost all the other brands of agmatine sulfate. Most other agmatine supplements contain impurities - that's NOT the case with AgmaPure.

SLEEVE-SPLITTING PUMPS
AgmaPure creates an immediate boost in nitric oxide delivering hard, dense pumps.

BETTER ENDURANCE
Agmatine sulfate improves blood flow and nutrient transport to working muscles, resulting in significantly greater endurance.

FASTER RECOVERY
Improved nutrient delivery ensures vital nutrients to muscles post workout, which speeds up recovery.

HEIGHTENED FOCUS
AgmaPure also acts as a neurotransmitter / neuromodulator in the brain, which improves focus during training.

Hello all. Full intro about myself can be found here in the forum: https://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=35432.0

Thank you to VMI Sports for their continued participation here on SR.com and allowing us TROOPers to try and review many of the products they offer. I picked up this supplement because who doesn't love some additional pump during their workout? I sure do but sadly some of the pre-workout products on the market are lacking in this area or they are using inferior ingredients. I have used supplements with agmatine in the formula before but I was limited by whichever dosage the formulator decided to put into the product. This pure individual product from VMI allows me to control the dosing to hopefully achieve my desired result for whichever workout I have planned for that day. Please read on to see how my experimentation went with this tub.

As a side note, when you receive a tub of this supplement, it will look mostly empty like there was a mistake in production. Having seen this with my tub, I decided to weigh out the entire container before my first use. Thankfully the contents measured out at exactly the 30 grams that the tub is expected to contain.

This is a pure and simple single ingredient product. The provided scoop supplies 500mg of agmatine sulfate in the registered form of AgmaPure. The following information is taken directly from the AgmaPure website (http://www.agmapure.com/).

What is AgmaPure?

Maximum Purity & Special Bioferment Technology

Agmapure has reliable craft to produce high-purity agmatine and NO bad breath and bacterial vaginosis. In the biotransformation process of Agmapure, the system utilizes water as medium, the reaction conditions basically lie in the active enzyme, and finally there isn't any hazard byproducts responsible for the foul odor of putrefying flesh and bacterial vaginosis. So it's quite convenient to control and won't bring up any concern about environmental pollution.

No Harmful Residues

The process is green and safe, without introducing in any unwanted and unknown impurity. No matter how accurately the process parameters are set and controlled, the byproduct Arcaine harmful chemical, always remains in the synthetic Agmatine product unavoidably. But for the biotransformation process of Agmapure, the specificity of the utilized enzyme is in high efficiency, so there is no byproduct produced during the process.

Solid Foundation
Agmapure has a validated reference standard and assay method proving efficacy and safety for athletes.

We always follow up on a regular basis the reaserch progress of Agmatine, collect and invent various methods of biosynthesis and analysis to upgrade our products and consumer experiences for better safety and stability

Technical Cooperation

Agmapure has established long and steady technical cooperative relations with universities, research institutes, which promote the upgrade of our products

We has combined experience in the fields of diplomacy, government and industry and technology. We are developing new scientific research basis and new functions below the premise that assures quality.

What are the benefits of AgmaPure?

Increase Pumps & Insulin Response

As a competitive inhibitor of all nitric oxide synthase isoenzymes, Agmapure stimulates some types of Nitric Oxide Synthase (NOS) and acts directly on endothelial cells to increase the NOS, which induces them to cause vasodilatation, specifically iNOS and nNOS, leading to increased blood flow to the muscle experienced by acting as a competitive inhibitor. Agmapure is a definite contributor to an overall good looking muscular physique lead to a full look to the muscle and increase muscle pumps: agmatine may improve nutrient partitioning, leading to more muscle glycogen stored and consequently more water retained in the muscle. As an imidazoline receptor agonist, Agmatine also showing insulin-like effect that may help improve insulin response through enhanced insulin production which is a key to a leaner, harder, more muscular body in bodybuilding circles.

Cardiovascular Benefits

Agmapure have cardiovascular benefits Due to its stimulation of NOS. It has a potential hypotensive benefit that may help aid in cardiovascular health. This hypotensive role is beneficial for bodybuilders or athletes that use stimulants or hormone based compounds that may cause elevations.

Anti-oxidant

As a known antioxidant, Agmapure aid the body in shedding unwanted free-radicals that have built up during the course of normal daily activities lead to more free radical buildup than with the average person. It helps to keep entire body in a better state of health by limiting the activity of glutamate, over excitation of the brain.

Analgesic effect

Agmapure has potential to modulate pain sensitivity due to its ability to inhibit hyperalgesia (increased sensitivity to pain) and itsneuroprotective activity. Therefore, it may potentiate the effects of analgesics used during recovery from injury in sports training. It offers a plethora of health benefits for athletes, elderly individuals, and people suffering from chronic pain or drug addiction. It can boost your workouts by making you more inclined to work.

Nootropic Effect

Agmapure has a decidedly Nootropic effect that can help those looking to achieve a mental edge, whether it is in the gym or in day to day life. It can also help support a healthy mood, anti-anxiety and antidepressant properties, and also stack well with other Nootropic supplements. The primary method of action for agmatine is by crossing the blood-brain barrier, entering into the central nervous system and then binding to NMDA Glutamate receptors which is the chief neurotransmitter involved in synaptic plasticity and memory function, this may be responsible for a number of the associated cognitive benefits of this supplement.

Neuroprotective Role

Agmapure is a neurotransmitter due to its antioxidant effect and its prevention of over excitation by glutamate. Agmatine influences brain function in a variety of ways. It inhibits hyperalgesia which protects against brain injury and neuron damage. It also enhances motoneuron and nerve recovery and is used to treat facial nerve damage because it accelerates healing and results in more complete nerve rehabilitation. It reduces stress placed on the brain, especially in the prefrontal cortex and hippocampus. It also enhances motoneuron and nerve recovery and is used to treat facial nerve damage because it accelerates healing and results in more complete nerve rehabilitation.

Taste >> This supplement only comes in an unflavored version from VMI and since I always mixed it with a flavored pre or intra workout supplement, there is nothing I can report here. Whether I used 500mg or 1500mg, the powder did not affect the flavor of the other supplement that I was mixing it with.

Mixability >> Much like taste, the mixability of this product was overshadowed by whichever other supplement I was mixing it with. At any dosage that I tried (one to three scoops), the only change in mixability I noticed was slightly more foam in my shaker bottle. Nothing outrageous or that would hinder the drinkability of the product.

Dosing >> As per the brand, you can mix one to three scoops either pre-workout for improved pumps, intra-workout for better endurance or post-workout for improved recovery. I personally experimented with the dosing of one to three scoops at two different times on strength training days. Those details will be explained in the effectiveness section.

Before I speak about the effectiveness of this supplement, I wanted to provide some background information about myself and my training that others could use as a comparison to get a better idea of how this product may work for them. In terms of body size, I am 6'3" and during my use of this supplement weighed between 225 and 235 pounds. I have also been training for 15+ years and have used many different supplements during that time. With that information known, now onto the effectiveness that I had with this product.

In the beginning I started out using one scoop stacked with my pre-workout (which happened to be 5% Nutrition Kill It Reloaded for some of the time). That pre-workout already had a decent amount of pump ingredients included in each scoop but no agmatine. During this trial of stacking these two supplements together, one scoop of AgmaPure did not provide any noticeable difference in my pumps or endurance during the workout. After trying the one scoop dose for about a week's worth of workouts, I decided to up the dose to two scoops mixed with the same pre-workout. This is when the pump and feeling of muscle fullness had a significant increase along with a little bit better endurance during the workout. This seemed to be the sweet spot for me as I also tried three scoops pre-workout a few times but did not notice any changes over the two scoop dosage.

The other time I experimented with this supplement during my usage was intra-workout. While I had this product, my intra-workout drink was either an amino acid product or some keto BHB salts (also from VMI Sports). Much like the pre-workout dosing, I started off with one scoop mixed in whichever intra-workout I was using at the time. At this dose, I noticed my pump would stick around slightly longer into the workout than before but not at the same intensity that I had at the beginning from my pre-workout. When I was using one scoop in my intra-workout, I was also using either one to two scoops in my pre-workout as well. The effectiveness also was not changed based on if my intra-workout stack included amino acids or BHB salts. I followed this dosing protocol for a couple of weeks before I switched things up again.

My last experiment before I emptied the tub of this was increasing the dosage intra-workout while decreasing the dosage pre-workout. During this time, I would use two scoops in my intra-workout drink while either using only one or zero scoops pre-workout. Since the pre-workouts I was using at the same time had a decent pump ingredient profile, I wanted to see if AgmaPure was a supplement that could sustain the intensity of my pumps throughout the entire workout and possibly carry-over into post workout recovery. With two scoops intra and zero scoops pre, I had a great pump from the beginning until the end of my workout. The endurance benefits of this combined with those I received from the pre-workout that I was using at the time was phenomenal. Lastly, the best experience I had with this supplement was when I used two scoops intra and one scoop pre. This combination gave me the best pump and feeling of fullness throughout my entire workout and stuck with me for about 30 minutes after I finished lifting. I also seemed to recover a little bit better with this dosing protocol. Not sure if it was because of the increased blood flow post workout or something else but it was a nice little added bonus. Sadly, I was only able to use this dosing protocol a few times because my tub ran out. I wish I would have found this combo sooner in my experiment because it was amazing.

The retail price listed on the VMI Sports website for a 30g tub of this product is $24.99. They also provide a 25% discount to military and first responders through their website, so that helps a little with the price. You can also find this supplement on Amazon and some other sites like www.bestpricenutrition.com and supplementwarehouse.com for $19.99 at the current moment. Some sellers on eBay will occasionally have this listed for around $15 as well. Please note that you can find regular generic agmatine sulfate on the web for much less but those products do not have the quality and science behind them as the AgmaPure version does.

Side Effects

I did not experience any side effects while using this product at any dosage level I tried (one to three scoops) or when I changed the timing of the dosage either (pre versus intra).

Conclusion

In conclusion, this first tub for me was all about experimenting with different dosing protocols to find the one that worked best for me. I received some benefits from most of the trials that I did but unfortunately it was the last one that proved to be the best and my tub was almost gone by that point. Hopefully from reading this review, I can save others the lost servings from various trials and they can get the maximum benefits out of each tub purchased. In my opinion, this would be a great supplement to add to your stack if you love the pump and have some extra money to spend each month; especially if you happen to have a pre-workout that is lacking in pump ingredients.

Once again, thank you to VMI Sports for being a part of SR.com and sending this product out to me. The only thing I would like to see changed is an added option with more servings per container. Since the tubs are mostly empty at the current time, it seems like you have plenty of room to put more product in each container and give the customer the option of a better value per scoop if they are willing to buy more.

Thank you for reading my review and let me know if you have any questions.

December 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Purest Form Of Agmatine
  • No Fillers Or Additives
  • Bitter Taste When Just Using Water

A one product ingredient from VMI Sports, that contains Agmapure. Increased body weight and increased dosage had the best results for me.

Thank you to the folks at VMI Sports and Sr.com for the opportunity to try Agmapure. Pump products are not a staple for me, normally they are in my pwo's. I do have my favorites though when I purchase straight up pump products. In my experience, I have probably purchased dozens of different pump ingredients.

One ingredient-500 mg of Agmapure (trademarked ingredient) aka Agmatine Sukfate

Agmatine sulfate is a salt of Agmatine. It's used to increased nitric oxide production in the body. Improved blood flow equals more muscle pumps.

The product has also show to have nootropic effects.

Taste- product was unflavored aka in its natural form, very bitter taste, mixed it with Powerade zero

Mixabilty- no issues mixing, no residue, the product dissolved well

Dosing- I increased the dosage as one serving is not enough for my body weight is 230lbs

I took between 2-3 servings before my workout

Straight up solid product albeit at 2-3 servings.

Pumps were very profound with 3 servings, 1.5 grams. Really nice full muscular pump. Not a creatine pump, which is more of a flabby pump or bloated muscle pump. I'm other words if you have a muscular arm, it looks like a bigger muscular arm.

Product can be found on Amazon for $19.99 for 60 servings. It's an ok price. The product is effective for the price you pay.

Also, you are paying a little more $$ due to the trademark as opposed to Agmatine sulfate/ not Agmapure.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

The product is effective hands down. I have had similar results with the non trade marked version as well, which can be found for slightly cheaper.

I enjoyed my run with the product and would buy it at a cheaper price if possible via a sale etc.

October 21, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Tiny Scoop

Hey everyone! Huge thanks to VMI Sports and Supplement Reviews for setting this up VMI is always super quick with sending their product and great to work with. I have just come off of a long endurance cardio build and am spending those hours on the gym now. I am lifting 5 times a week paired with cardio, just not as much as a few weeks ago.

I am not a scientist, nutritionist. All this info comes from research and experience with the product. Single ingredient supplement.
Agmatine Sulfate:
Comes from the amino acid l-arginine. It is said this ingredient helps with improved muscle pumps, focus, helps increase appetite for those underweight, and the dilation of blood vessels. That last point is where the increased pumps come from. Youll have more blood flowing through your veins. While taking I could actually see an increase which was kinda cool and a little freaky.

The suggested serving is between one to three scoops. There are 60 servings at one scoop per serving so 30 servings if you're taking three scoops. The powder mixed well with my pre-workouts and just water. No clumps or anything. I really could not taste a difference with this in my pre-workouts. Here are the claims on the container in regards to servings.

One scoop: Improve pumps
Two scoops: Maximum N.O.
Three scoops: Vien splitting.

I'll go through each dosage and how they affected my workout. At one scoop I didn't really notice much going on besides the normal benefits that come with the pre-workout it was mixed with. I only tried this dosage once or twice. Two scoops was a little better. My veins were noticably bigger and I could feel a bigger pump. Three scoops is where I saw the biggest benefits and was the dosage I took the most. The title of vein splitting is pretty accurate and a little scary. My arms looked like the veins were popping out. None of that really matters though if you're not getting a good pump with the product but luckily I was. My favorite workout to do while on this was "running the rack" where you start at a low weight and rep say ten curs then go up in weight until you can't hit ten. Once you're burned out you run back down to the lower weight starting from the heavier weight. The pump + the bulging veins was a new experience for me in the gym and will for sure be added to my routine.

You get "60" servings at one scoop for anywhere from $12 to $20. This was more of 30 servings the way I took it. Either way, I think this is a perfectly reasonable price for this product.

Side Effects

Didn't have any issues with this even at 3 scoops.

Conclusion

Loved the pump this gave me and at a reasonable price I'll be picking this up again. If you are looking to try Agmatine Sulfate this is a great pure single ingredient supp worth trying.

October 3, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Stomach Issues

Plain old Agmapure to help pumps. I also think it can help recovery. We will see how it goes. For me it is an "extra" goodie to throw in every once in a while.

Hello guys, I am back with a single ingredient review. I am almost done running a stack of VMI products and this is the container I finished first. I work out 5 to 7 days a week. I am finally not concerned about my back. I have gained weight and am trying to drop it. I started a lifting program by Tiger Fitness's CEO. So I was lifting 4 days a week. I used this product in varying ways. 1, 2, and 3 scoops per day. If you choose you can check out my log on how things went. My weight stayed relatively the same however the last week it has been dropping. Lastly I want to thank the SRTrooper program and VMI for allowing me to give this product a shot.

Pages 81-84

I love these 1 ingredient profiles it makes my job so much easier...

1 scoop = 500mg of Agmapure (augmatine sulfate)

This is pretty simple, and with this scoop size you have pretty good flexibility on how you choose to use it. I have no complaints on this one.

----Taste/Mix-ability/Dosing----

I added this to my pre-workout and my BCAA's and couldn't tell it was there. So for me no taste whatsoever. I also had no issues with mix-ability. It completely dissolved in everything I put it in. Dosing was pretty easy. I break down how I used it in the Effectiveness section. It sill is pretty simple, I think most people will use this post workout. Dosage ranges I found were anywhere from 145mg to 2670mg.

Ok so the important part. Did this work for me? I must say that I think it did it's job. I will talk a little bit on how I used it and why. I also posted 3 sites below that have more information and VMI's site as it talks about the product as well. I also want you to know that I don't really feel I get "Vein splitting pumps" I am too fat. In my opinion anyway, what I do get is a "Fullness" in the muscles worked. I also notice better recovery as I upped the dosage. This can also be used as a cognitive enhancer and also for pain relief. I think that is why I liked the bigger spread out dosing I ended up with.

1 scoop: Nothing big to notice here, I think it helped but didn't notice anything big. I used this with K-XR (VMI's pre workout) so I had good workouts and had some soreness. Side note I hadn't been pushing weights much at all this summer as I fixed my old body.

2 scoops: I noticed a much better feel of my muscles. Seemed to have more energy with this dosage as well.

3 scoops: taken separately due to side effects (will list below) This is where I liked the product the best. I used 1 scoop pre, 1 scoop post and one scoop with my BCAA's in the afternoon. This seemed to give me the muscle fullness I wanted. More importantly for me it seemed I recovered a lot better. I really wasn't sore even though I was doing more than I was before.

As of 10/3/2018 I found the following prices.

VMI has it for $24.99 which for me would be 20 servings (it is a 60 serving container), or a little over a dollar a day.

Good old Amazon has it for $14.99.

However the best is all star health at $11.11 which the best deal I found.

My opinion is that this is an extra type product, I think there are cheaper brands out there. For example Muscle feast has a 100g container for $18.99, but you have a 1500mg scoop. Which for me wouldn't work. https://www.musclefeast.com/products/agmapure-agmatine. So I think the VMI product is in the game, but could be cheaper.

Side Effects

So for me I had those, "I need to hit the bathroom and evacuate a section of my body". Interestingly I got used to single doses. However anytime I tried upping the single dose I needed to be near a bathroom. The problem with this is I can only assume it effects the absorption when this happens. Another reason why I liked the spread out dosing, as it didn't seem to have as big of an effect on me.

Conclusion

I am thinking you can pretty much guess my opinion on this one. I liked it and I think it helped. When I have some extra cash I will probably run it again as I do believe it helped Augment my training recovery. Some people will need the 3 scoops which makes this product a little pricey as it is an add on to your pre-workout (for most people anyway). I still think that it is worth looking at when you end up it a rut and want to "try" something different.

9.1
  August 28, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Bad Aftertaste

This was a pretty good quality product. I would consider buying Agmapure again.

I'd like to thank VMI sports and the SR community because this is the first free product I have received since joining the troops. The container looks much bigger in the picture, however it's probably the size of a small coffee cup, and it contains sixty servings which surprised me at first but then I saw how big the serving size was ( a whopping 500mg). This is one of the first nitric oxide boosting products I've had in a while and I was pretty satisfied with the results.

The one ingredient in Agmapure is agmatine sulfate, which is a derivative of arginine. Simply put, agmatine sulfate is an agent which governs nitric oxide synthesis, so it dilates the blood vessels and allows for more blood and a better pump. Not only does it help with this, but agmatine sulfate serves as a nootropic, boosting your energy and focus while you work out. However while I was training, I noticed the pump effect more than I noticed the nootropic effect, so if you're looking mainly for a nootropic, I wouldn't recommend Agmatine.

The directions say to mix it with 6-8oz of water. However, I think that's ludicrous not only because of the tiny serving size, but because it has no flavor. It says that it is unflavored, but generally supplements that are unflavored leave a nasty chalky flavor in your mouth, which is the case with Agmapure. So because of this, I'd either take the scoop by mouth and chase it with water or mix it with preworkout.

I generally like to take nitric oxide boosters on arm days or chest days and I usually avoid taking it on leg days because it doesn't seem to affect me. However, with Agmapure, I got a pretty darn decent pump for my legs and an even better pump for my chest and arms. With one scoop, I felt like I got a good pump and I got more blood in my muscles faster and without as much effort (doesn't mean I didn't work out as hard though). With two scoops, I got a great pump fast, and not only was the pump better, but it lasted for a while after my work out too. And finally with three scoops (which is the limit), on arm days I felt like Spongebob on that episode where he buys anchor arms; on my chest days, I felt like I could've been Kim Kardashian's stunt double because my pecs were so massive; and on my leg days I felt like an average guy because my legs are probably a little underdeveloped. All joking aside, Agmapure delivers a great quality pump that lasts throughout the day.

For 60 servings, the value of Agmapure is excellent. On the vmi sports website, it costs $24.99, however I found it on amazon for $14.99 and free shipping. For the amount of servings, the good quality, and a great price, I'd say that Agmapure is pretty darn worth it.

Side Effects

There were no noticeable side effects.

Conclusion

This is a product I'd get again. I was super happy with it, especially because it was my first product received through the SR troops. It has one simple ingredient and it is pretty effective despite that fact.

August 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Flexible Dosing
  • Decent Value
  • Purest Form Of Agmatine
  • No Fillers Or Additives
  • Flexible Application

A simple, yet effective ingredient that can be easily added to any pre-workout or intra-workout product for better performance and pumps.

Big thanks to VMI Sports for letting me have a chance to test out AgmaPure for them. Any gym rat will tell you that there is no better feeling than getting a nasty pump while working out. In addition to that, the best thing to go with that killer pump is great vascularity. AgmaPure delivers on both fronts and will have you chasing the pump in every workout.

So this one is short and simple:
    AgmaPure 500mg

there are no fillers here folks, just simple and to the point with this one.

TKCofRedLine said it best in his review:
    "AgmaPure is the patented form of agmatine sulfate, produced by a special fermentation process which eliminates impurities found in most other agmatine supplements. Other forms of agmatine sometimes contain impurities known as putrescine, an odorous chemical formed during hydrolysis. With VMI Sports AgmaPure, you are guaranteed to get the cleanest and purest form of agmatine sulfate available."

When a product is basing itself off of only one ingredient, you as the consumer would expect that it would be the cleanest purest form of that ingredient. I know I for one, would be pissed if I found out that it had impurities in it, and would be rather disappointed in the company for not ensuring that it was a clean product.

Agamatine is a long time stapled ingredient of the fitness world when it comes to pumps. It is a fantastic ingredient for vasodilation of veins in the body. When your veins are opened up, blood can move around the body in an easier manner, and the more blood that can be forced into the muscle, the greater the pump, and the better the growth of that muscle. This is what AgmaPure was built for and this is what AgmaPure delivers on.

Honestly, AgmaPure tastes terrible. However tasting bitter and bad is not exclusive to this product, most sole Agmatine products have the same bitter taste to it, therefore, I am not taking this as a negative thing towards the product. If you add this into your existing pre-workout product, or as I did your Intra-workout drink, then it works just fine.

Mixability is effortless. The powder is so fine, that it practically dissolves on contact with any fluid. In the container, the powder has a tendency to clump a bit, but it is not that bothersome if you ask me. This also happened with NutraBio, so I do not think it is a fault of VMI.

So as I eluded to earlier, for dosing, I would use 1 dose to 32oz of fluid in my intra-workout product. When I added to the intra product which at this point happened to be Amino's from Myokem, I could not taste the bitterness of the AgmaPure at all.

I would also like to make a note that I would drink another scoop of AgmaPure at night with Opti-dreams sleep beverage as well. I found that when I used NutraBio's Agmatine, it would help me feel relaxed and get better sleep. The same goes for AgmaPure as well. I cannot explain why this works, but just like the Posi-Trac on a Plymouth...it just does.

So this product is geared towards creating a strong muscle pump and leading to a possible increase in vascularity. I can strongly say that it checks the box on both fronts. VMI says you can dose anywhere from 1-3 scoops on this product. I personally found that 1 was all I needed because Agmatine was already included in the pre-workout product that I was taking. I found that drinking this ingredient with my Amino's help create a sustained pump, and vascularity for a longer duration during my workout, rather than shot-gunning it up front and letting it play catch-up as the workout and day progressed.

I have found that most pump products and ingredients need time to really work during a workout. It needs to saturate the muscles and bloodstream to truly show effective results. I found that by drinking it during the workout with more fluid and better hydration, it was able to transport and saturate my body at a greater increase. This also allowed the pumps to hang around longer in the day, and if I decided to do a second workout, the muscles were already pumped from the first one. This created a BFR (Blood Flow Restriction) feeling with my muscles, which meant I could do less on the second go around and get the same if not greater effects in the sense of a muscle pump.

Remember, the key to growth is blood in the muscle and how long you can keep it in the muscle. With AgmaPure you will not have an issue with achieving this goal and maintaining it.

Value can be kind of tricky because it depends on how you use this product. The cheapest I was able to find it was $20 for 60 servings. VMI suggest that you can use anywhere from 1-3 scoops per serving. If you are only using 1 scoop, then this is a fantastic value because 1 serving is $.33, even 2 servings will only run you $.66, but at 3 servings you are looking at almost a dollar for 15 servings which to me becomes not worth it.

Side Effects

So one side effect that I had with this as well as with NutraBio's Agmatine, is anytime I start to get over 1g total in a day, I get killer amounts of gas. I don't understand it, nor do I want to smell it, but it happens without hesitation.

Conclusion

This is a versatile use product. The effects are highly noticeable and the application is truly flexible. You can add this to your pre-workout, intra-workout, or use it as an ingredient in a non-stimulant product that you made yourself because you want to workout at night. It doesn't matter because you are going to get delivered results. I understand why this is the number 1 rated pump product on the site, because it delivers just that, a solid pump without sacrificing the ingredient with fillers or impurities. Great job goes to VMI Sports for delivering, yet another fantastic product.

May 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pumps
    • Increased Vascularity
    • No Fillers Or Additives
    • Purest Form Of Agmatine
    • Bad Aftertaste
    • Tiny Scoop

VMI Sports has another winner with this single ingredient pump supplement. I chose to review this product because I have had great results with other supplements by VMI Sports. AgmaPure was no exception. Also, I would like to thank VMI Sports for not only providing me with AgmaPure to review, but also several samples of their Vasogen preworkout to try as well. VMI Sports always goes above and beyond, showing the utmost dedication to their consumers.

Once again, thank you to the SR Troops program and VMI Sports for allowing me to try and review this product. I personally don't experience very strong pumps without supplementation, and even then, many pump supplements aren't very effective for me. After trying several products and achieving little to no results, I was skeptical that this single ingredient supplement could be the solution for me.

AgmaPure is the patented form of agmatine sulfate, produced by a special fermentation process which eliminates impurities found in most other agmatine supplements. Other forms of agmatine sometimes contain impurities known as putrescine, an odorous chemical formed during hydrolisis. With VMI Sports AgmaPure, you are gauranteed to get the cleanest and purest form of agmatine sulfate available.

Agmatine supplementation is commonly used to increase nitric oxide levels in the blood. This results in vasodilation, opening the veins more and allowing increased blood flow to muscles. The increased blood flow promotes a stronger, longer lasting pump during and after workouts.

AgmaPure is a true single ingredient supplement. It contains no dyes, fillers, or flavorings.

Taste:
    AgmaPure is an "unflavored" powder that is anything but. While it may not have any artificial flavorings, the powder itself has a natural, bitter taste, somewhat resembling seltzer water. Being particularly picky about tastes, I personally hated the taste of this product. I mixed it in with my preworkout, and while it did not overpower the flavor of the preworkout, it left a very bitter aftertaste that made me cringe after every sip. It should be considered that I usually took the maximum dosage, and I will admit I became more tolerant of the taste over time.

Mixability:
    This product dissolved completely with no issues. No grit or residue at all. One thing I did want to point out is that when I received this product, the powder was incredibly clumpy. To the point that 80% of the powder had formed several hard little clumps that damn near required a mortar and pestle to break it back down again. Not sure if this was because my tub had been exposed to excessive heat during storage or shipping or if the desiccant pack had failed to do its job. No one else seems to have had this issue, and once I had broken down the product the clumps did not reform. While this wasn't really an issue, it did magnify the inconvenience of the tiny and incredibly short scoop provided with the product.

Dosing:
    Each scoop contains 500mg of agmatine sulfate. VMI Sports recommends dosing between 1 - 3 scoops. I tested this product at all three recommended dosages, but ultimately ended up using the maximum dosage through pretty much the entire tub.

As I mentioned above, pump supplements rarely have a profound effect for me. For the first use of this product, I dosed at 1 scoop to assess my tolerance and did not really feel any difference. For the second use, I dosed at 2 scoops and noticed an increase in pumps, however nothing incredibly significant. For each subsequent use, I dosed this product at 3 scoops and saw an exponential increase in effectiveness. At 3 scoops, I was able to achieve strong pumps on every workout. By the end of my usual 2 hour session, whatever muscle group I worked that day was very visibly swollen and rock hard from the increased blood flow.

I was also very impressed at how quickly the effects of this product set in. I tend to have the most trouble achieving solid pumps in my back and shoulders, however not while using AgmaPure. Even those elusive shoulder pumps were in full effect by the time I had finished my first couple sets. I also noticed a significant increase in vascularity when using this product, a welcomed effect that I have not experienced with any other pump supplement. If this product can work for me, its sure to work great for anyone else.

The cheapest I could find this product was $20 for a 60 serving tub, which isn't bad if you can get by on a single serving per workout. At the 3 servings a day necessary for this product to be effective for me, the value suffers. While I would say the effects are well worth it, I don't consider pump supplements to be a necessary part of my daily stack, making this a luxury purchase when I have disposable income at best.

Side Effects

Unrelenting stares from everyone within the surrounding area for several hours after workouts, and some guy named Robert Frank following me around shouting and trying to kiss my biceps after arm workouts. Weird.....

Seriously though, I experienced no negative side effects while using this product. One thing I did enjoy about this product is that, while the pumps were very strong, it never reached a point where it became painful. With some of the few pump supplements that have had an effect for me, I have had issues with the pump becoming so strong that it was hard to complete my workout because it was painful. This was never an issue while using AgmaPure.

Conclusion

Once again, VMI Sports has produced another great product. No frills, no unnecessary ingredients, just pure pumps!

9.5
      May 16, 2018

• Reduction Of DOMS
      Huge thanks you to VMI to sending this product out and sending a few little extra samples out with it! This will be a short review due to it being on a single ingredient product.

AgmaPure (Agmatine Sulfate)
      60 500mg servings

Mixed in well a little bitter but not too repulsive. Can't hardly notice it when mixed with a preworkout or BCAA powder.

PUMPS. Crazy pumps with some gnarly vascularity. Taken with or without a preworkout this works absolute wonders. I noticed an improvement in pump and vascularity within my first set of most exercises. You can look up exactly how this product works and learn more than I can tell you, but the effect is an increase in NO and improved nutrient transport. Blood flow to every muscle group I worked was improved and it increased my muscular endurance. After the workouts the pumps lasted a lot longer than normal, about 2 hours before they started to reside. I used 1g to 1.5g preworkout, and 1.5g on off days. On off days I could see a pump without having actually engaged the muscle in any activity.

$25 for 60 to 20 servings depending on your serving size.

Side Effects

Conclusion

One of the most effective products I've ever used. Does exactly what it's supposed to do and no extras or fillers. I 100% recommend this to anyone for pwo or recovery it will help. I can't say enough about how well it worked.

June 9, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pumps
      • Increased Vascularity
      • Reduction Of DOMS
      • Slightly Expensive
      • Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop

Recently, I have been moving away from high stimulant pre workouts have been going for caffeine pills and lower caffeine content energy drinks (Uptime, Up Energy, and Fitaid). The main thing that I was missing with all these was a pump ingredient. So, when VMI put up AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate I had to try it.

The ingredient profile for VMI Sports AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate is very basic with one ingredient being Agmatine at a 500 mg dose per scoop. There are 60 servings in a tub and they recommend 1-3 scoops either pre/intra/post workout. Agmatine is a derivative of l-arginine. Agmatine has several health benefits that include combating stress (can lead to lower cortisol) and depression, can act as an antioxidant in the brain, and have benefits on insulin and blood glucose levels. As far as athletic performance, the largest benefit to agmatine is the increased nitric oxide activity that will increase vasodilatation. When this occurs, pumps can be greater during a workout and it can help with nutrient transportation. Depending on when agmatine was taken it could potentially help with recovery and endurance.

I will also note in this section that the form of agmatine in this product is agmatine sulfate in the trademarked Agmapure form. The trademark is owned by Shanghai Yongyi Biotechnology Co. and they are based out of Shanghai, China. The Agmapure form from what I have seen is the preferred form to use over standard agmatine. I will also add that there are no other ingredients or fillers in this product.

When mixing this with plain water it has a bitter almost sulfur taste to it. It is hard to describe but it is quite gross. I did try this in a protein shake and I could still taste the bitterness of the product. The only way that I could mask that taste was with any fruit flavored supplement or juice. These seemed to mask it well enough. I will note that the taste is on par with previous agamtine supplements I have taken so this is standard for agamtine supplements. At times I would just put this in a shot glass and shoot it, which was fine. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fine and I had no issues with mixing. I did have some issues scooping it out since the scoop was so tiny some powder escaped onto the counter. For dosing, VMI recommends 1-3 scoops pre/intra/post workout. My personal preference was two preworkout and sometimes another scoop post workout or shortly before bed. I felt like this was the most effective dosing protocol because it gave me the benefits of increased muscle pumps and recovery. The main thing I will say is to check your other supplements because many preworkouts (and some BCAA products) include agmatine.

There are three main areas that I felt like this product was very effective in and that was with muscle pumps, endurance, and recovery. As I stated previously I took two scoops preworkout and one post workout (or before bed on some days), which equates to 1.5g of agamtine. I noticed that when I was weight training the veins in my forearms and biceps were quite pronounced. I felt like the pumps were larger than they have been on citrulline malate that I have taken in the past. I also noticed a significant pump in my legs. In terms of endurance, I noticed that I could push a little harder in my workouts. I recently started a new leg workout routine where I will go to failure on some of my sets. This has been quite difficult but when taking this product I felt like I could push out a few more reps. This carried over into running since I recently started HIIT training on the trail. Again, I felt as if I could push myself for a few more seconds and not stop so soon. It was nothing huge but over the course of several workouts, the seconds will add up. As far as recovery goes, I noticed slight improvement in recovery over when I introduced HIIT and failure sets into my workout in the past. Based on what I read about agamatine when doing this review it was probably due to the increase nutrient transport.

Comparing this to other agmatine products, this was on par with ones I have taken in the past. Even regular agmatine sulfate not the trademarked agmapure form. I have taken Allmax agamatine, Nutrabio Agmatine, and Muscle Feast Agmatine. All worked and had similar results to this product. As stated previously I felt like this worked better than citrulline malate.

In terms of value, this product retails for $19.99 making it $0.33 per scoop. For my dosage, this would have cost $0.99 per day. I did find it on suppz.com for $18.99, which is just a dollar off retail. The price of this product is slightly more expensive than other agmatine supplements. Allmax Agmatine retails for $17.99 and for my dosage would be $0.80 per day. RSP Nutrition retails for $24.97 and at my dosage, you are looking at $0.75 per day. GAT has an agmatine powder for $23.99 and at my dosage, you are looking at $0.48 per day. The main thing with all these comparisons is that some come in larger tubs at 100 servings whereas VMIs comes in 60 servings. In addition, none that I compared here uses the trademarked agmatine, Agmapure.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, VMI Sports AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate was an effective product for increased muscle pumps, endurance, and recovery. I think it is a great addition to a supplement stack and is very versatile. The only drawback is that it is slightly more expensive than other agmatine products but it does use a trademarked agmatine whereas most others do not. I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending out the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler

June 8, 2017

• Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop

Big shout out and thank you to VMI Sports for allowing me to review their AGMAPURE!

Hello all, I am a 26 year old fireman from Ohio. I have been weight lifting and taking supplements steadily for a few years now. My goals are to maintain a solid shape for work and increase muscle mass. During my usage of this supplement I was also taking a PWO powder, protein powder, amino powder, multivitamin and a fish oil.

Easiest ingredient profile I have yet to review. There is one ingredient! That ingredient is Agmapure just as the name suggests. The actual ingredient name is agmatine sulfate. Their agmatine sulfate is not like other companies because they go beyond others and purify their ingredient so you are getting the best product available. They claim its the cleanest, purest, and most powerful NO pump ingredient out there and I believe it. There is zero other ingredients in this supplement. Short, simple, and 100% transparent which is just the way I like my supplement labels to look! This ingredient profile is so simple because this product is meant to be an addition to your preworkout or whatever else you take before heading to the gym. Although it can be taken on its own if your only looking for pumps at the gym and not focus or energy.

Well to be honest the taste is terrible. Its an almost chemical like taste. But that being said its only like that when taken by itself. If you mix it into any other flavored drink you cant taste it all. I always took it with my PWO but I would take a sip and then throw a scoop of it in my mouth and swallow. In my opinion that was the easiest way. I did put the scoops into my shaker a few times to test how well it mixed and it mixed just fine. I never saw any left over powder remaining at the bottom of my shaker. The dosing with this is unique and I like it. 1 scoop of this stuff is 500mg. The label breaks down what results you can expect with 1 (Improve Pumps, 500mg), 2 (Maximum N.O., 1,000mg), and 3 scoops (Vein Splitting, 1,500mg). The serving size is 1 scoop and it comes with 60 servings. So if you 1 scoop you get the full 60 servings, 2 scoop you get 30servings, and 3 scoop you get 20 servings. So depending on how you use this product it can last quite awhile or go pretty fast. The scoop is super tiny and its hard to get one perfectly even scoop. So most of the scoops I took were slightly heaping but that was fine with me.

This is where I feel the product truly shines. Now I initially tried 2 scoops to start and I noticed a decent pump. It was not huge but it was noticeable. My second time using it I used 3 scoops and wow was I impressed. The pumps I got from 3 scoops compared to 2 were easily noticeable. My muscle felt full and swollen. My veins were popping impressively. The most noticeable pumps I received were in my biceps, triceps, forearms, and shoulders. Sometimes when I was training forearms they would get so swollen that it would actually hurt a bit lol. Nothing too bad but still impressive. Now it definitely gave me great pumps everywhere else on my body but those were the best spots. I continued to use 3 scoops throughout the rest of my usage. I was happy with their product because I maintained those solid pumps each time I took it. I did not notice the effects fading or me needing to add another scoop in to get those desired effects. I am sure everyone with get different results with this product and if you get a great pump with less scoops that is awesome cause it will last much longer.

The cheapest I found the product was for $17.95 from supplementgeeks.com (free shipping too right now). Other than that I found it all over ranging from 19-25 bucks. If you use 1 scoop it breaks down to about 30 cents a serving, 2 scoops at 60 cents, and 3 scoops at 90 cents. So its pretty cheap but you also have to consider most people will be adding this to a preworkout so add that on top of it. I find it to be at a valuable price.

Side Effects

No side effects besides a bad taste in the mouth if taken alone.

Conclusion

Overall I was highly pleased with this product! It 100% delivered the results it promised. It worked for me everytime and I really enjoyed my usage. I would definitely recommend this to anyone seeking to improve their pumps at the gym! I can definitely see myself buying this product again in the future. Thanks again to VMI sports for sending this out!