AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate Reviews

By: VMI Sports

(Better than 100% in Pre-Workout > Pump)

AgmaPure® Agmatine Sulfate is a Pump Product manufactured by VMI Sports. It is meant to increase blood flow, muscle pumps and increase vascularity. It can be stacked with a stimulant based pre-workout for an added stimulant effect. This promotes an environment for increased muscle mass and fat loss.
ARTICLES

Pre-Workout > Pump

9.1
  August 28, 2018

• Bad Aftertaste

This was a pretty good quality product. I would consider buying Agmapure again.

I'd like to thank VMI sports and the SR community because this is the first free product I have received since joining the troops. The container looks much bigger in the picture, however it's probably the size of a small coffee cup, and it contains sixty servings which surprised me at first but then I saw how big the serving size was ( a whopping 500mg). This is one of the first nitric oxide boosting products I've had in a while and I was pretty satisfied with the results.

The one ingredient in Agmapure is agmatine sulfate, which is a derivative of arginine. Simply put, agmatine sulfate is an agent which governs nitric oxide synthesis, so it dilates the blood vessels and allows for more blood and a better pump. Not only does it help with this, but agmatine sulfate serves as a nootropic, boosting your energy and focus while you work out. However while I was training, I noticed the pump effect more than I noticed the nootropic effect, so if you're looking mainly for a nootropic, I wouldn't recommend Agmatine.

The directions say to mix it with 6-8oz of water. However, I think that's ludicrous not only because of the tiny serving size, but because it has no flavor. It says that it is unflavored, but generally supplements that are unflavored leave a nasty chalky flavor in your mouth, which is the case with Agmapure. So because of this, I'd either take the scoop by mouth and chase it with water or mix it with preworkout.

I generally like to take nitric oxide boosters on arm days or chest days and I usually avoid taking it on leg days because it doesn't seem to affect me. However, with Agmapure, I got a pretty darn decent pump for my legs and an even better pump for my chest and arms. With one scoop, I felt like I got a good pump and I got more blood in my muscles faster and without as much effort (doesn't mean I didn't work out as hard though). With two scoops, I got a great pump fast, and not only was the pump better, but it lasted for a while after my work out too. And finally with three scoops (which is the limit), on arm days I felt like Spongebob on that episode where he buys anchor arms; on my chest days, I felt like I could've been Kim Kardashian's stunt double because my pecs were so massive; and on my leg days I felt like an average guy because my legs are probably a little underdeveloped. All joking aside, Agmapure delivers a great quality pump that lasts throughout the day.

For 60 servings, the value of Agmapure is excellent. On the vmi sports website, it costs $24.99, however I found it on amazon for $14.99 and free shipping. For the amount of servings, the good quality, and a great price, I'd say that Agmapure is pretty darn worth it.

Side Effects

There were no noticeable side effects.

Conclusion

This is a product I'd get again. I was super happy with it, especially because it was my first product received through the SR troops. It has one simple ingredient and it is pretty effective despite that fact.

Other Prices:
A1Supplements   $18.95
VMI Sports   $19.99

August 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pumps
  • Flexible Dosing
  • Decent Value
  • Purest Form Of Agmatine
  • No Fillers Or Additives
  • Flexible Application

A simple, yet effective ingredient that can be easily added to any pre-workout or intra-workout product for better performance and pumps.

Big thanks to VMI Sports for letting me have a chance to test out AgmaPure for them. Any gym rat will tell you that there is no better feeling than getting a nasty pump while working out. In addition to that, the best thing to go with that killer pump is great vascularity. AgmaPure delivers on both fronts and will have you chasing the pump in every workout.

So this one is short and simple:
    AgmaPure 500mg

there are no fillers here folks, just simple and to the point with this one.

TKCofRedLine said it best in his review:
    "AgmaPure is the patented form of agmatine sulfate, produced by a special fermentation process which eliminates impurities found in most other agmatine supplements. Other forms of agmatine sometimes contain impurities known as putrescine, an odorous chemical formed during hydrolysis. With VMI Sports AgmaPure, you are guaranteed to get the cleanest and purest form of agmatine sulfate available."

When a product is basing itself off of only one ingredient, you as the consumer would expect that it would be the cleanest purest form of that ingredient. I know I for one, would be pissed if I found out that it had impurities in it, and would be rather disappointed in the company for not ensuring that it was a clean product.

Agamatine is a long time stapled ingredient of the fitness world when it comes to pumps. It is a fantastic ingredient for vasodilation of veins in the body. When your veins are opened up, blood can move around the body in an easier manner, and the more blood that can be forced into the muscle, the greater the pump, and the better the growth of that muscle. This is what AgmaPure was built for and this is what AgmaPure delivers on.

Honestly, AgmaPure tastes terrible. However tasting bitter and bad is not exclusive to this product, most sole Agmatine products have the same bitter taste to it, therefore, I am not taking this as a negative thing towards the product. If you add this into your existing pre-workout product, or as I did your Intra-workout drink, then it works just fine.

Mixability is effortless. The powder is so fine, that it practically dissolves on contact with any fluid. In the container, the powder has a tendency to clump a bit, but it is not that bothersome if you ask me. This also happened with NutraBio, so I do not think it is a fault of VMI.

So as I eluded to earlier, for dosing, I would use 1 dose to 32oz of fluid in my intra-workout product. When I added to the intra product which at this point happened to be Amino's from Myokem, I could not taste the bitterness of the AgmaPure at all.

I would also like to make a note that I would drink another scoop of AgmaPure at night with Opti-dreams sleep beverage as well. I found that when I used NutraBio's Agmatine, it would help me feel relaxed and get better sleep. The same goes for AgmaPure as well. I cannot explain why this works, but just like the Posi-Trac on a Plymouth...it just does.

So this product is geared towards creating a strong muscle pump and leading to a possible increase in vascularity. I can strongly say that it checks the box on both fronts. VMI says you can dose anywhere from 1-3 scoops on this product. I personally found that 1 was all I needed because Agmatine was already included in the pre-workout product that I was taking. I found that drinking this ingredient with my Amino's help create a sustained pump, and vascularity for a longer duration during my workout, rather than shot-gunning it up front and letting it play catch-up as the workout and day progressed.

I have found that most pump products and ingredients need time to really work during a workout. It needs to saturate the muscles and bloodstream to truly show effective results. I found that by drinking it during the workout with more fluid and better hydration, it was able to transport and saturate my body at a greater increase. This also allowed the pumps to hang around longer in the day, and if I decided to do a second workout, the muscles were already pumped from the first one. This created a BFR (Blood Flow Restriction) feeling with my muscles, which meant I could do less on the second go around and get the same if not greater effects in the sense of a muscle pump.

Remember, the key to growth is blood in the muscle and how long you can keep it in the muscle. With AgmaPure you will not have an issue with achieving this goal and maintaining it.

Value can be kind of tricky because it depends on how you use this product. The cheapest I was able to find it was $20 for 60 servings. VMI suggest that you can use anywhere from 1-3 scoops per serving. If you are only using 1 scoop, then this is a fantastic value because 1 serving is $.33, even 2 servings will only run you $.66, but at 3 servings you are looking at almost a dollar for 15 servings which to me becomes not worth it.

Side Effects

So one side effect that I had with this as well as with NutraBio's Agmatine, is anytime I start to get over 1g total in a day, I get killer amounts of gas. I don't understand it, nor do I want to smell it, but it happens without hesitation.

Conclusion

This is a versatile use product. The effects are highly noticeable and the application is truly flexible. You can add this to your pre-workout, intra-workout, or use it as an ingredient in a non-stimulant product that you made yourself because you want to workout at night. It doesn't matter because you are going to get delivered results. I understand why this is the number 1 rated pump product on the site, because it delivers just that, a solid pump without sacrificing the ingredient with fillers or impurities. Great job goes to VMI Sports for delivering, yet another fantastic product.

Other Prices:
    A1Supplements   $18.95
    VMI Sports   $19.99

May 17, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Great Pumps
    • No Fillers Or Additives
    • Purest Form Of Agmatine
    • Bad Aftertaste
    • Tiny Scoop

VMI Sports has another winner with this single ingredient pump supplement. I chose to review this product because I have had great results with other supplements by VMI Sports. AgmaPure was no exception. Also, I would like to thank VMI Sports for not only providing me with AgmaPure to review, but also several samples of their Vasogen preworkout to try as well. VMI Sports always goes above and beyond, showing the utmost dedication to their consumers.

Once again, thank you to the SR Troops program and VMI Sports for allowing me to try and review this product. I personally don't experience very strong pumps without supplementation, and even then, many pump supplements aren't very effective for me. After trying several products and achieving little to no results, I was skeptical that this single ingredient supplement could be the solution for me.

AgmaPure is the patented form of agmatine sulfate, produced by a special fermentation process which eliminates impurities found in most other agmatine supplements. Other forms of agmatine sometimes contain impurities known as putrescine, an odorous chemical formed during hydrolisis. With VMI Sports AgmaPure, you are gauranteed to get the cleanest and purest form of agmatine sulfate available.

Agmatine supplementation is commonly used to increase nitric oxide levels in the blood. This results in vasodilation, opening the veins more and allowing increased blood flow to muscles. The increased blood flow promotes a stronger, longer lasting pump during and after workouts.

AgmaPure is a true single ingredient supplement. It contains no dyes, fillers, or flavorings.

Taste:
    AgmaPure is an "unflavored" powder that is anything but. While it may not have any artificial flavorings, the powder itself has a natural, bitter taste, somewhat resembling seltzer water. Being particularly picky about tastes, I personally hated the taste of this product. I mixed it in with my preworkout, and while it did not overpower the flavor of the preworkout, it left a very bitter aftertaste that made me cringe after every sip. It should be considered that I usually took the maximum dosage, and I will admit I became more tolerant of the taste over time.

Mixability:
    This product dissolved completely with no issues. No grit or residue at all. One thing I did want to point out is that when I received this product, the powder was incredibly clumpy. To the point that 80% of the powder had formed several hard little clumps that damn near required a mortar and pestle to break it back down again. Not sure if this was because my tub had been exposed to excessive heat during storage or shipping or if the desiccant pack had failed to do its job. No one else seems to have had this issue, and once I had broken down the product the clumps did not reform. While this wasn't really an issue, it did magnify the inconvenience of the tiny and incredibly short scoop provided with the product.

Dosing:
    Each scoop contains 500mg of agmatine sulfate. VMI Sports recommends dosing between 1 - 3 scoops. I tested this product at all three recommended dosages, but ultimately ended up using the maximum dosage through pretty much the entire tub.

As I mentioned above, pump supplements rarely have a profound effect for me. For the first use of this product, I dosed at 1 scoop to assess my tolerance and did not really feel any difference. For the second use, I dosed at 2 scoops and noticed an increase in pumps, however nothing incredibly significant. For each subsequent use, I dosed this product at 3 scoops and saw an exponential increase in effectiveness. At 3 scoops, I was able to achieve strong pumps on every workout. By the end of my usual 2 hour session, whatever muscle group I worked that day was very visibly swollen and rock hard from the increased blood flow.

I was also very impressed at how quickly the effects of this product set in. I tend to have the most trouble achieving solid pumps in my back and shoulders, however not while using AgmaPure. Even those elusive shoulder pumps were in full effect by the time I had finished my first couple sets. I also noticed a significant increase in vascularity when using this product, a welcomed effect that I have not experienced with any other pump supplement. If this product can work for me, its sure to work great for anyone else.

The cheapest I could find this product was $20 for a 60 serving tub, which isn't bad if you can get by on a single serving per workout. At the 3 servings a day necessary for this product to be effective for me, the value suffers. While I would say the effects are well worth it, I don't consider pump supplements to be a necessary part of my daily stack, making this a luxury purchase when I have disposable income at best.

Side Effects

Unrelenting stares from everyone within the surrounding area for several hours after workouts, and some guy named Robert Frank following me around shouting and trying to kiss my biceps after arm workouts. Weird.....

Seriously though, I experienced no negative side effects while using this product. One thing I did enjoy about this product is that, while the pumps were very strong, it never reached a point where it became painful. With some of the few pump supplements that have had an effect for me, I have had issues with the pump becoming so strong that it was hard to complete my workout because it was painful. This was never an issue while using AgmaPure.

Conclusion

Once again, VMI Sports has produced another great product. No frills, no unnecessary ingredients, just pure pumps!

9.5
      May 16, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduction Of DOMS
    • Great Pumps
      Huge thanks you to VMI to sending this product out and sending a few little extra samples out with it! This will be a short review due to it being on a single ingredient product.

AgmaPure (Agmatine Sulfate)
      60 500mg servings

Mixed in well a little bitter but not too repulsive. Can't hardly notice it when mixed with a preworkout or BCAA powder.

PUMPS. Crazy pumps with some gnarly vascularity. Taken with or without a preworkout this works absolute wonders. I noticed an improvement in pump and vascularity within my first set of most exercises. You can look up exactly how this product works and learn more than I can tell you, but the effect is an increase in NO and improved nutrient transport. Blood flow to every muscle group I worked was improved and it increased my muscular endurance. After the workouts the pumps lasted a lot longer than normal, about 2 hours before they started to reside. I used 1g to 1.5g preworkout, and 1.5g on off days. On off days I could see a pump without having actually engaged the muscle in any activity.

$25 for 60 to 20 servings depending on your serving size.

Side Effects

Conclusion

One of the most effective products I've ever used. Does exactly what it's supposed to do and no extras or fillers. I 100% recommend this to anyone for pwo or recovery it will help. I can't say enough about how well it worked.

June 9, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pumps
      • Increased Vascularity
      • Reduction Of DOMS
      • Slightly Expensive
      • Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop

Recently, I have been moving away from high stimulant pre workouts have been going for caffeine pills and lower caffeine content energy drinks (Uptime, Up Energy, and Fitaid). The main thing that I was missing with all these was a pump ingredient. So, when VMI put up AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate I had to try it.

The ingredient profile for VMI Sports AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate is very basic with one ingredient being Agmatine at a 500 mg dose per scoop. There are 60 servings in a tub and they recommend 1-3 scoops either pre/intra/post workout. Agmatine is a derivative of l-arginine. Agmatine has several health benefits that include combating stress (can lead to lower cortisol) and depression, can act as an antioxidant in the brain, and have benefits on insulin and blood glucose levels. As far as athletic performance, the largest benefit to agmatine is the increased nitric oxide activity that will increase vasodilatation. When this occurs, pumps can be greater during a workout and it can help with nutrient transportation. Depending on when agmatine was taken it could potentially help with recovery and endurance.

I will also note in this section that the form of agmatine in this product is agmatine sulfate in the trademarked Agmapure form. The trademark is owned by Shanghai Yongyi Biotechnology Co. and they are based out of Shanghai, China. The Agmapure form from what I have seen is the preferred form to use over standard agmatine. I will also add that there are no other ingredients or fillers in this product.

When mixing this with plain water it has a bitter almost sulfur taste to it. It is hard to describe but it is quite gross. I did try this in a protein shake and I could still taste the bitterness of the product. The only way that I could mask that taste was with any fruit flavored supplement or juice. These seemed to mask it well enough. I will note that the taste is on par with previous agamtine supplements I have taken so this is standard for agamtine supplements. At times I would just put this in a shot glass and shoot it, which was fine. As far as mixability goes, it mixed fine and I had no issues with mixing. I did have some issues scooping it out since the scoop was so tiny some powder escaped onto the counter. For dosing, VMI recommends 1-3 scoops pre/intra/post workout. My personal preference was two preworkout and sometimes another scoop post workout or shortly before bed. I felt like this was the most effective dosing protocol because it gave me the benefits of increased muscle pumps and recovery. The main thing I will say is to check your other supplements because many preworkouts (and some BCAA products) include agmatine.

There are three main areas that I felt like this product was very effective in and that was with muscle pumps, endurance, and recovery. As I stated previously I took two scoops preworkout and one post workout (or before bed on some days), which equates to 1.5g of agamtine. I noticed that when I was weight training the veins in my forearms and biceps were quite pronounced. I felt like the pumps were larger than they have been on citrulline malate that I have taken in the past. I also noticed a significant pump in my legs. In terms of endurance, I noticed that I could push a little harder in my workouts. I recently started a new leg workout routine where I will go to failure on some of my sets. This has been quite difficult but when taking this product I felt like I could push out a few more reps. This carried over into running since I recently started HIIT training on the trail. Again, I felt as if I could push myself for a few more seconds and not stop so soon. It was nothing huge but over the course of several workouts, the seconds will add up. As far as recovery goes, I noticed slight improvement in recovery over when I introduced HIIT and failure sets into my workout in the past. Based on what I read about agamatine when doing this review it was probably due to the increase nutrient transport.

Comparing this to other agmatine products, this was on par with ones I have taken in the past. Even regular agmatine sulfate not the trademarked agmapure form. I have taken Allmax agamatine, Nutrabio Agmatine, and Muscle Feast Agmatine. All worked and had similar results to this product. As stated previously I felt like this worked better than citrulline malate.

In terms of value, this product retails for $19.99 making it $0.33 per scoop. For my dosage, this would have cost $0.99 per day. I did find it on suppz.com for $18.99, which is just a dollar off retail. The price of this product is slightly more expensive than other agmatine supplements. Allmax Agmatine retails for $17.99 and for my dosage would be $0.80 per day. RSP Nutrition retails for $24.97 and at my dosage, you are looking at $0.75 per day. GAT has an agmatine powder for $23.99 and at my dosage, you are looking at $0.48 per day. The main thing with all these comparisons is that some come in larger tubs at 100 servings whereas VMIs comes in 60 servings. In addition, none that I compared here uses the trademarked agmatine, Agmapure.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking this product.

Conclusion

Overall, VMI Sports AgmaPure Agmatine Sulfate was an effective product for increased muscle pumps, endurance, and recovery. I think it is a great addition to a supplement stack and is very versatile. The only drawback is that it is slightly more expensive than other agmatine products but it does use a trademarked agmatine whereas most others do not. I would like to thank VMI Sports for sending out the product and the Trooper Program for coordinating it.

-Xcmiler

June 8, 2017

• Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop

Big shout out and thank you to VMI Sports for allowing me to review their AGMAPURE!

Hello all, I am a 26 year old fireman from Ohio. I have been weight lifting and taking supplements steadily for a few years now. My goals are to maintain a solid shape for work and increase muscle mass. During my usage of this supplement I was also taking a PWO powder, protein powder, amino powder, multivitamin and a fish oil.

Easiest ingredient profile I have yet to review. There is one ingredient! That ingredient is Agmapure just as the name suggests. The actual ingredient name is agmatine sulfate. Their agmatine sulfate is not like other companies because they go beyond others and purify their ingredient so you are getting the best product available. They claim its the cleanest, purest, and most powerful NO pump ingredient out there and I believe it. There is zero other ingredients in this supplement. Short, simple, and 100% transparent which is just the way I like my supplement labels to look! This ingredient profile is so simple because this product is meant to be an addition to your preworkout or whatever else you take before heading to the gym. Although it can be taken on its own if your only looking for pumps at the gym and not focus or energy.

Well to be honest the taste is terrible. Its an almost chemical like taste. But that being said its only like that when taken by itself. If you mix it into any other flavored drink you cant taste it all. I always took it with my PWO but I would take a sip and then throw a scoop of it in my mouth and swallow. In my opinion that was the easiest way. I did put the scoops into my shaker a few times to test how well it mixed and it mixed just fine. I never saw any left over powder remaining at the bottom of my shaker. The dosing with this is unique and I like it. 1 scoop of this stuff is 500mg. The label breaks down what results you can expect with 1 (Improve Pumps, 500mg), 2 (Maximum N.O., 1,000mg), and 3 scoops (Vein Splitting, 1,500mg). The serving size is 1 scoop and it comes with 60 servings. So if you 1 scoop you get the full 60 servings, 2 scoop you get 30servings, and 3 scoop you get 20 servings. So depending on how you use this product it can last quite awhile or go pretty fast. The scoop is super tiny and its hard to get one perfectly even scoop. So most of the scoops I took were slightly heaping but that was fine with me.

This is where I feel the product truly shines. Now I initially tried 2 scoops to start and I noticed a decent pump. It was not huge but it was noticeable. My second time using it I used 3 scoops and wow was I impressed. The pumps I got from 3 scoops compared to 2 were easily noticeable. My muscle felt full and swollen. My veins were popping impressively. The most noticeable pumps I received were in my biceps, triceps, forearms, and shoulders. Sometimes when I was training forearms they would get so swollen that it would actually hurt a bit lol. Nothing too bad but still impressive. Now it definitely gave me great pumps everywhere else on my body but those were the best spots. I continued to use 3 scoops throughout the rest of my usage. I was happy with their product because I maintained those solid pumps each time I took it. I did not notice the effects fading or me needing to add another scoop in to get those desired effects. I am sure everyone with get different results with this product and if you get a great pump with less scoops that is awesome cause it will last much longer.

The cheapest I found the product was for $17.95 from supplementgeeks.com (free shipping too right now). Other than that I found it all over ranging from 19-25 bucks. If you use 1 scoop it breaks down to about 30 cents a serving, 2 scoops at 60 cents, and 3 scoops at 90 cents. So its pretty cheap but you also have to consider most people will be adding this to a preworkout so add that on top of it. I find it to be at a valuable price.

Side Effects

No side effects besides a bad taste in the mouth if taken alone.

Conclusion

Overall I was highly pleased with this product! It 100% delivered the results it promised. It worked for me everytime and I really enjoyed my usage. I would definitely recommend this to anyone seeking to improve their pumps at the gym! I can definitely see myself buying this product again in the future. Thanks again to VMI sports for sending this out!

March 6, 2017

• Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop

Hey SR, time to get in my review for VMI's single ingredient AgmaPure supplement. AgmaPure is the purest form of agmatine sulfate around and is used to increase NO levels for a pump primarily, but also has some other benefits such as increased effectiveness of other ingredients. As I get older, and a little cheaper, I enjoy single ingredient bulk supplements quite a bit as I can add them here and there to improve products as well as extend their use. I was excited to try this as if you have read some of my reviews, agmatine is one of the few ingredients where I can really get a good pump going on. On the to the review!

As basic as it gets, 500 mg of AgmaPure, which is a very pure form of agmatine sulfate. I don't really respond well to Citrulline so I really like when I see agmatine in a product as that and beet root nitrates work the best on me. I found this dosage to be great as it really let me add things to my own preference. A very manageable dosage.

Never had this by itself, always stacked in something else. I did get some on my fingers/hands though and tasted it and it was just a little bitter. When mixed into a preworkout, bcaas, or sleep supplement it did change the flavor or mixability at all of those supplements from when I mixed them on their own. Dosing is how much/when you want really. Primarily I used this as a pump enhancer in my preworkouts, or if my preworkout had a decent pump I would add it to my intra bcaas, and also some with some powdered sleep supplements. Very versatile and I liked it.

This is a very solid single ingredient supplement. I believe it helped other products perform more the way they should and provided me with many benefits. Here's a breakdown:

Preworkout: I had a very high stim preworkout that really lacked a pump (K-XR). I added two scoops of this to it and I was able to receive a really good pump during my workouts. Blood flow was increased and veins especially in my arms were more pronounced.

Intra: When I added this to my itra bcaas because my preworkout had decent pumps, my pumps were even more pronounced and longer lasting. They would last well after I got home after my cardio. I liked know this as I know increased blood flow can help with nutrients getting back into those muscles such as bcaas, protein, vitamins, etc.

Sleep: I had read a long time ago that adding some pump products like agmatine to your sleep supplements can help the efficacy of those as blood flow is increased and those relaxation agents can really take effect. I added this to Keep DreamIn and I can say it helped there too. I felt the effects come on faster and would get very drowsy after only 20-30 min, where usually it takes about 45 min-hour.

Recovery: With the addition of this agmapure I did feel that not only my workouts improved but also my recovery. I tended to recovery a lot faster from DOMS which made it easier to get back in the gym and train harder.

Overall, a very solid, versatile product that you can add to many different things to improve your workouts and recovery.

You can find this for $18 and you will get 60 500 mg servings. I doubt people would use it so many things as I did, so it should last you a good month-month and a half. I would buy this again at this value and keep it on hand so improve my other staple stacks.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I really liked this product as I found it helped the effectiveness of my other supplements. How many times have we said "Man, this preworkout is awesome but just needed a pump." With this, you can add a scoop here and there to really get what you need.

March 5, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decent Pumps
      • Increased Vascularity
      • Great Pumps
      • Bitter Taste When Just Using Water
      • Poor Value

Thanks to VMI for sending this out!

VMI's Agmatine competitor delivers 30 grams of patented Agmapure agmatine sulfate and nothing else. Literally, under "other ingredients" VMI lists "none." There is no flavoring, no dyes, no binders, no fillers, etc. Now, I have absolutely no idea how Agmapure agmatine sulfate compares to Agmass agmatine sulfate. I know some brands use one over the other, but I have never really been able to tell the difference (to be fair I have not tried to either). However, I know Agmapure is a popular patented form - probably the most popular since I see it more often than Agmass - and the real deal. In short, all other single-ingredient agmatine supplements, regardless of the brand or patented form used, should follow this model.

This is an unflavored powder and it is truly unflavored. There is a hint of natural bitterness but I find it gets completely overpowered by whatever beverage I mix it into. You can't ask for much better.

Mixability was perfect. After a few stirs with a utensil or shakes in a shaker, the agmatine was nearly 100% dissolved and indiscernible in the beverage. Again, you cannot get any better.

Dosing was extremely easy and flexible. Each scoop is 500mg, which is actually better than a 1 gram scoop in my opinion. This allows for more flexible dosing, which proved extremely important for me given how I used the supplement. I often took this before my later workouts if I had consumed too much caffeine in the day to use a full scoop of a caffeinated/stimulant-based pre-workout supplement. Sometimes, I would just take the agmatine mixed with some juice and other days I would mix a scoop or two with a half scoop or so of a caffeinated/stimulant-based pre-workout supplement. I would also take this before my earlier workouts if I had not yet had much caffeine/stimulants but planned to do so later. The small scoops allowed for extremely intuitive and flexible dosing. VMI suggests 1-3 scoops ("improve pumps"- "maximum n.o." - "vein splitting") but I rarely used more than 2 scoops regardless of the situation (sometimes 2 heaping scoops).

If you are looking to improve the quality, intensity, and consistency of your pumps in the gym, then you generally have 3 big routes: Agmatine, L-Citrulline, and Glycerol MonoStearate. I have had great experiences using each alone and various combinations of the three in different ratios. I have now adjusted my feelings on this and feel that a combination is best, and that a Agmatine + L-Citrulline combination is better than either on their own. That being said, that difference (of a combination vs single-ingredient supplementation) is the difference between a 9 and 10. At the proper dose, any of the big 3 should produce good results. That is exactly what I experienced with VMI's Agmatine Sulfate, which is perhaps unsurprising seeing as it's 100% patented agmatine sulfate.

With 2 scoops, or 1 gram, I consistently experienced above-average pumps after maybe 10-15 minutes of warming up/lifting. These were not quite "vein-splitting" (although to be fair that was promised at 3 scoops) but they were just as good as the pumps I'd get from a pre-workout. Sometimes, I started feeling myself too much and would wind up changing my back workout to be an arm workout or I would add a few more exercises/sets onto whatever workout I had planned for that day. That can be a little annoying if you are on a strict schedule but I am not on such a schedule. In fact, I actually liked this increased propensity to deviate from the plan because it allowed me to have fun again in the gym at a time when I was starting to lose that special relationship I have with my gym time.

Additionally, at 2 heaping scoops (for those days when you've been watching too much Rich Piana) I noticed a marginal increase in intensity and quality. The pumps were as equally consistent as with 2 scoops but that should not be too surprising. I do not think that the extra agmatine is really worth the increased cost per workout but I do recommend it if you have the $ to spend or need a little psychological boost in the gym to get you back on track like I did.

To describe the pumps a little more, I'll give an example of a typical arm workout. I would start warming up with triceps after downing approximately 1 gram of VMI's Agmatine Sulfate. After the warm-up sets and 3-4 sets of whatever exercise I started with that day (just depends on what was open at the time) I would have a noticeable pump that would stick around for the entire workout. After 8-10 more sets (or ~2 exercises) my pump would intensify to the point where I felt like Arnold after dropping a Trump diss. This intensity would remain for the rest of the workout and replicate itself in my biceps once I started training them. I would keep the pump, in some degree, for 15-30 minutes after my workout.

I found a 60 serving unflavored tub for $20 on Amazon. That's $20 for 30 grams of patented Agmatine Sulfate and nothing else. Of course you might be able to find agmatine sulfate for a bit cheaper if it was either an unpatented form, straight from a raws manufacturer, or in bulk. However, you can also find 100-200 grams of Agmapure for $30 on Amazon. You will not typically get such quantity from a reputable brand like VMI. As far as the "reputable brand offering a single ingredient, patented, namesake supplement" category, this is a good price. I have seen other brands charge $30+ for the same stuff. Still, if I am being 100% honest I have always thought blind brand loyalty is stupid. Why pay $20 for 30 grams of Agmapure when another brand will give you 6 the amount for the same price? It is all patented Agmapure so there is quite literally no difference other than packaging. I understand some people like to just stick with whatever they know works or with a brand they can trust so I will not give this an extremely low rating. Simply put, if you want to be frugal than look elsewhere for the exact same stuff, but if you would rather stick with a reputable, trusted brand then this is a pretty cheap option.

Side Effects

I experienced no side effects while taking VMI's Agmatine Sulfate.

Conclusion

8.5/10
      This is a solid competitor in the agmatine/pump-based pre-workout supplement market. The results I experienced are exactly what you would expect from quality, patented Agmapure agmatine sulfate. You cannot ask for much more except for in terms of value. If you are looking to maximize your value then look elsewhere because the same patented Agmapure can be found in greater quantities for an equal price or less. However, if you think the trust and consistency associated with a brand like VMI is worth the extra $ then you should definitely try this out (it is actually on par/a little cheap for that department!). I got to a 8.5/10 rating from averaging the Value, Effectiveness, and Ingredient Profile categories with a small deduction from the poor value relative to lesser known brands for the exact same patented ingredient (admittedly this is my frugal nature/bias revealing itself). Ultimately, you will not regret giving this a try - even if you are frugal.

February 27, 2017

• Sort Handle For Tiny Scoop

A special thanks to VMI for participating in the SR TROOPS/ER program. Today, I discuss their bulk Agmapure product. Agmatine sulfate has become the foundation of quality pump enhancing ingredients. At the right dosage and intensive training regimen, nothing seems to work better than good pure agmatine sulfate.

One simple ingredient:

Each scoop contains 500mg of straight up agmatine sulfate. In addition to pumps, agmapure has also been demonstrated to have positive effects of anabolic hormone levels and glucose metabolism.

Let's be honest though, the increased pumps and vascularity are what most if not all of us look for when taking agmatine sulfate.

The powder seems flavorless but I wouldn't know since I was always combining servings into plavored pre-workouts.

It mixed well within any liquid preparations I made and I had no problems with clumping or undissolved material.

The effective dose of agmatine can range between 1-3g in most users. Me personally, I enjoy 2g a day. With VMI's agmapoure, I combined two scoops into a pre-workout, adding a full gram to the agmatine that was already in the pre workout product itself, yielding my desired dosage.

Speaking solely on the pump aspect of agmatine, I got some improved solid pumps and vascualrity from this product. My trained muscles felt much fuller and I had some serious veins popping everywhere.

Also, it seemed to provide a little extra endurance for my cardio sessions, so that's always a plus.

Not much more to say on top of that considering I'm only reviewing a single ingredients.

The cheapest I found agmapure was 20 dollars. You get 60 500mg servings in each tub, so depending on how much you use, this tub can last anywhere between 1-2 months. I personally think this is a great value given agmapure's results and benefits.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Plain and simple, if you knowingly have good experiences with agmatine sulfate, VMI's agmapure is a solid bulk product to add to your pre-workout regimen to ensure you get those long sought after pumps and vascularity. Just be cautions how much you're taking and be aware of any agmatine your pre-workout may already have to ensure you're getting enough, but not too much.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

TRAIN HARD

February 24, 2017

• Bitter Taste When Just Using Water
      Pump products are fun, I love them. Seeing my veins and getting a pump are some of my favorite things in life.

I've never tried agmatine on its own in my life, so this was a perfect opportunity to give it a run.

Just straight up agmatine. Specifically, AgmaPure. I guess you could compare this to CreaPure, CarnoSyn, etc.

Makes this very versatile.

Now on it's own this will taste awful, but once mixed with other ingredients(pre-workout for instance), it's not noticeable at all. Cant really think of many instances where I would take this on its own as it is.

One scoop gives you 500mg, and they recommend up to 3 scoops for intense pumps.

Effectiveness:(9/10)

Well, I got exactly what I expected out of this. Every time I added this to my various pre-workouts, I noticed an increase in pumps, endurance, and vascularity.

Most of the time, I added a scoop or 2 depending on what product I was taking. Basically, I made sure I was taking 1500mg of agmatine before every workout. The vast majority of my workouts have been awesome lately, and this product sure helps.

Not too much to say since its a simple one ingredient product. Whether one scoop or 3, I always got the same result.

Value:(9/10)

You can get this for a little under $20. That's a good price, especially if you mix this with another pre-workout. It's also a high quality version of agmatine. I can kind of compare it to ThryoTwin from Giant Sports. Awesome product, not really amazing on its own, but affordable and a great add-on.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall, this is a great option for someone who wants to add a little extra "pump" to their workouts at a price that won't break the bank.

Since most stimulated pre-workouts have agmatine in them as it is, I'd consider it more of an add-on than a standalone product.