Vitamin C Drink Reviews

By: Vital 4U®

Health & Wellbeing > Immune System Health
Vitamin C Drink is an Immune System Product manufactured by Vital 4U®. It is designed to improve immune system health and function.

June 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Immune System
  • Easy To Take On-the-go
  • No Mixing
  • Tasty
  • More Expensive Than Competing Products
  • Not Widely Available At The Moment

A special thanks to Vital4u for their continued participation here on SR.com. Today, I discuss my experience with Vitamin C Drink packs. Vitamins C is an essential micronutrient needed to help boost our immune system as well as some other functions in the body. Being that we are exposed to antigens and disease causing agents on a 24-hour basis, it's important to keep our immune systems running strong. In addition, our immune systems can become impaired to certain degrees by many outside factors such as age, stress, poor diet, and a lack of sleep. Supplementing with vitamin C and other micronutrients can help keep this impairment to a minimum and allow the immune system to keep functioning well.

Each packet contains 24 calories, 6g of carbs, and 4g of sugar.

Moving along to the core ingredients, each packet serving provides 1100mg of the feature vitamin c, 80mg of calcium, 1.5mg of thiamin B1, 0.85 of riboflavin B2, 5mg of niacin B3, 10mg of pyridoxine B6, 50mcg of B12, and 10mg of zinc.

While the additions of some B vitamins and zinc are good, the core ingredients is of course the vitamin C. 1100mg is a subsequently high dose and one packet a day should provide all of your vitamin c dietary intake requirements provide you have a healthy diet.

Again, vitamin C's main purpose is to support a healthy and active immune system to strengthen our defenses against disease causing agents. In addition, vitamin c also plays a role in cardiovascular, skin, and eye health as well.

This product is only available in orange blast flavor. I enjoyed it quite a bit. It was the right amount of sweetness and tang that made for a refreshing shot of flavored liquid.

It is already prepared in the packet, so no mixing is required.

I took one pack a day in the evening, usually about an hour after my workout. If I didn't train that day, i would take the product in the evening about one hour before my last meal.

I never fell ill and always felt increasingly healthy while on Vital4u vitamin C.

I never experienced any random cold bugs or allergy attacks that I would sometimes suffer from during the active allergy season of late spring and early summer.

In addition, I felt healthier and had a better feeling of natural energy in the mornings following. With my new job and increasingly intense workouts, I knew that my immune system could potentially take a dampening due to occasional lack of rest. However, with vital4u's vitamin c I didn't experience the immune system lull that I could've potentially have suffered from due to the stress brought on by the new additions to my lifestyle.

My skin did look a little better. I don't suffer from any eye problems so I can say it aided with eye health. Though it is reassuring to have something that can support eye health considering we only have two.

This product is actually difficult to find as I think Vital4u might be reformulating the product or replacing it. However, from what I've gathered, amazon sells a 24 pack for about 12 dollars. I actually received a 12 pack, but I couldn't find a price for that. I would day though, that the price for a 24 pack seems very good. Other vitamin C products sell for around the same price give or take a few dollars, even though most are in capsule form and have more servings. Still, a 24 pack for 12 dollars seems like a very good value.

Again though, I don't know if this product will be available again.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Should Vital4u release their vitamin c packets again, I would recommend a 24 pack since this supplement will be great for helping to get your immune system boosted into working order to help keep your healthy and guard against disease causing agents. After all, nobody wants to be sidelined from illness.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!

GO RED SOX!!!

April 19, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Immune System
  • Well Being
  • Easy To Take On-the-go
  • No Mixing
  • Tasty

Intro & Quick Summary

I wanted to explain how I received this product before going into the review. First of all Vital4U is based in Rancho Mirage, CA this is in the Palm Springs Area. At the time I received these little pouches I was at work, Jose at Vital4U was kind enough to stop by after work, he has known me for a few years and was kind enough to provide me with a 24 pack, plus some swag (a cool gym towel and water bottle).

Ingredient Profile & Effectiveness

What is this Vital4U product. Well it is simple but effective for immune system support.
    Vitamin C at 1100mg
    Zinc at 10mg
    Vitamin B12 at 50mcg
    I think that almost all of us have 1 or more bottles of each of these ingredients in our medicine cabinet as we want to be prepared for when we start to feel the symptoms of a cold/flu. Well this is a more convenient way of supporting your immune system.

These came into my life just in time, as my girls at home had come down with sort of cold. I tried to make sure I wouldn't get sick. I started taking it a few days before I noticed a scratchy throat, I know I might have already had something in my system. Vitamin C Drink is not a miracle pouch that will make it your cold disappear instantly, but it will help you recover faster. My cold only went as far as a scratchy throat and a runny nose for a few days. I know if I hadn't taken Vitamin C Drink I would have been feel crappy for a lot longer than 2-3 days. These convenient pouches pack a great dose of Vitamin C, Zinc and B vitamins to make sure you get over your cold and get back to living a healthy life.

Taste & Dosing

Vitamin C drink only comes in one flavor and that is Orange Blast. I really like this flavor, it is a bit syrupy but flavor wise I rather drink this over an Emergen-C or Airborne, I find those products disgusting. I serving (pouch) per day is how I dosed this, normally I took my pouch at work around 9am.

Side Effects

None to note.

Value & Conclusion

You can find these on Amazon for around 12 dollars for a 24 pack. I personally prefer these over the competition. These also contain a more vitamin c, zinc and b vitamins. I have these added to my Amazon cart because I know even my wife noticed how fast I ended up recovering. I think this is a really good product and will for sure keep a few at home and a few in my desk at work.

Big Thank you to Jose at Vital 4u for the opportunity to try these. Vitamin C Drink over the competition any day of the week.
    • Orange Blast : 9/10

March 22, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Immune System
    • Easy To Take On-the-go
    • No Mixing
    • More Expensive Than Competing Products

Ugh... kids... dirty gyms... offices... New England's bipolar weather patterns... There are a lot of places we go and people we come in contact with that are ridden with germs just waiting to get us sick. New England's winters seem to make it especially difficult to avoid it with the wild weather swings and so many people in a small geographic area. So when I see products like this offered on the dash, then look over at my son who seems to have an ever-present stream off snot hanging from his nose from October to April, I like to sign myself up and pray it works.

So, thank you Vital 4U for participating on SR.com and letting me try this new Vitamin C Drink!

The main ingredient is obviously Vitamin C. V-4U has 1-upped competitors like Airborne and Emergen-C by offering 1100mg of the immune-boosting vitamin, instead of the 1000mg offered by the other two in similar products.

Also found in this are hearty doses of B6 and B12, and a moderate dose of zinc. The B's might help give you a little extra energy and have a synergistic benefit for immune support alongside the C and Zinc; but really this stuff is all about the Vitamin C and delivering it in the simplest means possible.

Mixing: Nada, it's pre-mixed and ready to go.
    Dosing: 1 packet daily with a max of 2 per day. (Too much Vitamin C can give you a canker sore)
    Taste: Orange-y! There is a little bit of a chemical aftertaste, but it was better than I expected it to be. There's almost a bubbly texture when it hits your tongue as well. Generally speaking, it tastes like your everyday generic orange flavor. Totally drinkable, but you'll never be craving it.

So, this section might depend mostly on you. Some people respond better to Vitamin C than others. Unfortunately, this section will also be pretty short because there really just isn't much to cover.

I signed up for and started taking this because I didn't want to get sick. I'd gotten a couple bugs of late and felt another one coming on when the package arrived. I drank one right away and felt better immediately (placebo effect), however the bug stayed away. While taking these consistently, I continued to not get sick despite my wife and son both getting sick multiple times.

I guess this shouldn't be a surprise though-- Vitamin C is probably the first "supplement" we were introduced to as kids. I remember my dad telling me to drink my orange juice as a kid so I wouldn't get sick.

I think what we really need to do here to gauge effectiveness is to measure the application alongside the competitors, Emergen-C and Airborne. Between the three, the differences are negligible but the key take away is that Vitamin C Drink is pre-mixed. With the other two, you'll need water to dissolve it. I think it gives Vitamin C Drink a slight edge, but slight is all it is. The likelihood of being somewhere where you can't find some water is unlikely. The germaphobe in my also felt a little uncomfortable putting something to my lips that could have been touched, dropped, who knows.

The edge for Vitamin C Drink is going to be travelers and people on-the-go I think. People who are on public transport and don't want to mix something. It would be really easy to slip this in a computer back or backpack to take on the go without needing to find a cup, water bottle, or faucet.

For people at home, I think Emergen-C and Airborne are going to have the edge. The main reason is the taste is slightly worse in Vitamin C Drink (again only slightly), and the value. Let's dip into that.

Vitamin C Drink is not expensive, but it isn't the best value in the category either.

If you compare to Amazon, you can get a pack of 24 Vitamin C Drinks for $11.99, $0.50/each. However, you can get 60 Emergen-C for $16.99, $0.28/each. Airborne is more expensive than both.

None of the 3 options are going to blow up your wallet, but it's up to you if you're willing to pay ~40% more to not need to mix anything.

Side Effects

No side effects

Conclusion

Overall, this is a great and easy way to deliver a hefty dose of Vitamin C whenever you need it. It's portable, leak-free, and decently tasty. However, there are other options available that are less expensive if you're willing to do the mixing on your own. If you're a big fan of Emergen-C, I'd give this a try to see how it compares and fits into your life. As for me, I could see myself doing both and keeping a few of these in my work bag in case I feel compelled to use it, while keeping the Emergen-C or Airborne at home because they're a little cheaper and a little tastier to me. Again, thanks to Vital 4U for giving me the opportunity to give it a shot. I definitely enjoyed this new mousetrap they've built and appreciate them helping me stay healthy through the winter!
    • Orange Blast : 6/10

January 31, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Immune System
    • Well Being

First off I want to thank Vital 4U for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This was a product I had seen was in the works for a long and now it was finally released. At the time this was put on the trooper program I had been dealing with a horrible cold/sinus issue and figured I would give this a try and see if it can help me any.

This is mainly a vitamin C drink with a few extra things added to it.
      Only 24 Calories
      1,100mg Vitamin C (10% more than leading competitors)
      Zinc for Immune Support
      Calcium for Immune Support
      Vitamin B12 for Energy Support
      Natural Flavors
      Naturally Sweetened

Here are the key valuables of vitamin C I found on their website. Some of this I did not know vitamin C helped with.
      Helps you recover better from intense training programs
      Vitamin C is also an antioxidant
      Required for the repair and growth of your body's tissues
      Vitamin C supports healthy testosterone levels for men
      Strong immune system booster
      Assists with protein metabolism

They call this Orange Blast. This does have your normal orange juice like flavor but I did notice a little bit of a weird after taste to it that I did not like. It was nothing real bad but just a little something I noticed each time I drank this. I'm sure most people who use this won't care about this but just wanted to mention that.

Nothing to mix since this comes in pre made little pouches. All you really need is one pouch per day. They do say 1-2 pouches per day but Unless you are really sick and need to do more than one I don't see the need to do more than 1 per day.

When I saw this show up on the trooper program I was dealing with a really bad cold/sinus issues and I thought this would be the perfect time to have this to use. I was just over a week into this cold I had and it was effecting me pretty badly. When I got this I was pretty happy to start using this. I do feel this helped speed up my recovery a bit and helped me get through my cold a little quicker. I don't think it was real drastic in terms of effectiveness that I could notice right away but still feel it helped some. I do feel this helped my immune system a little better and helped get me back on track sooner. This does have some B12 vitamins in it to help with energy and I think having the B12 vitamins was good at helping to keep my energy levels up since I had lost a lot of my energy with the way I was feeling..

Also I think this was good at helping to protect my body a little more from any unwanted viruses and other bacteria I would or may come in contact with. This is suppose to help protect you more from getting any kind of colds or from being sick. I wish I would have had this a few weeks before I got this really bad cold to see if it would have helped prevent me from getting this cold. I don't always keep up on my vitamin C intake like I should and by having this makes it a lot easier to get that vitamin c.

Like they do with all of their products is that they offer different package deals you can buy. The more packets you buy the better the deal is. I was sent a packet of 12 to use.
      12 packets $8.95
      24 packets $14.95
      48 packets $26.95
      96 Packets $49.95
      The prices for each packet they offer is not horrible but I do think there are a little better options to go with instead that are a bit cheaper.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a decent product to use. Do I think this is something super important you should have all the time no but it is nice and convent to use so you can get that vitamin C intake. I do feel this will help your immune system more but you need to be on it for awhile and should be taken everyday. I do think this is worth a try but don't expect it to do miracles for you. I would like to see this and their whole product line be more available on other sites besides just their website. Would I get this again maybe but I feel there are some cheaper options out there that are just as effective and last you a lot longer. Again I want to give a big shout out to Vital 4U for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
      • Orange Blast : 8/10