Vital 4U® Vitamin Essentials Reviews

By: Vital 4U®

Health & Wellbeing > Multi-Vitamins
Vital 4U® Vitamin Essentials is a Multi-Vitamin manufactured by Vital 4U®. It is designed to help provide the body with a wide array of micro nutrients that are vital for optimal health. It could be described as an 'insurance policy' to ensure that you're getting all of your vitamins and minerals but it is still crucial to eat a balanced diet.

April 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Immunity
  • Nice Profile
  • Allergy Relief
  • Increase Sense Of Well Being
  • Quality Ingredients

I will start by Apologizing to Vital4U for taking so long to write this review, work life is honestly keeping me pretty busy now days. It has set me back on a few reviews. Training has been pushed back to 3 days a week, I hope to increase my workouts back up to 5 days a week soon enough.

This is Vital4U Essential line of Vitamins/minerals. One thing that separates Vital4U essentials from other vitamins is the fact that you don't get a 1 pill vitamin. Vital4 gives you a tablets/softgel for each complex 2 in the case of the minerals. They also come in a convenient jug and in individual packets for convenience.

You get B-complex, Lecithin, C-Complex, Herbal complex, minerals and Power complex that includes Vitamin D2,3, K1 and Calcium.
    Essentials have no taste to them unless you suck or chew on them, I do not recommend doing this. As with most vitamins you swallow it the best way you can with or without something to drink, this all depends on your preference.

As some other reviewers mentioned this Vital4U line you can feel working. Well this came just in time for Allergy season here in SoCal. My allergies Symptoms usually include itchy throat, runny nose and sometimes major congestion. Well while I was supplementing with Essentials I was allergy free for a solid month and some change. On another note working in an office you get people that get sick and then that bug goes around the office. I was watching my coworkers get hit with the bug one by one. I did not get sick at all, didn't even feel the slightest symptom of getting sick. I also had a constant feeling of overall well being while taking Essentials. This really helped me that first few weeks of being on a Full Ketogenic diet, as this is where your body is trying to change its fuel source from carbs to fats. After a few weeks on Keto my energy levels were leveling out and the Keto flu symptoms disappeared, I do recall that the Keto flu (the feeling of being sick) wasn't as strong as they I read and was told about by friends on Keto. I believe this was to my supplementing with Essentials.

Now some weeks after finishing my tub of Essentials and these damn allergies are killing me, have had major conjestion and a constant itch in the back of my throat.

So in terms of Value I find these to be fairly priced as they are on the Vital4U website where you can pick up a tub for around $35.00 for a 30 day supply. That being said convenience and quality of product I find them to be in a goad price range. If you know a products works and has quality ingredient wouldn't you buy it over another product. Sometimes certain products are worth the extra couple bucks because they come from a trusted source.

Side Effects

None to mention.

Conclusion

Vital4U is a trusted supplement brand with a good reputation. Their essential line of Vitamins and Minerals honestly helped me feel better during a time of general fatigue and the start of allergy season in the Sunshine state. If you are eating clean and live an active lifestyle Essentials are a good choice to get in just that the Essentials that our bodies need to process the food we intake and give us a sense of well being after beating down on our still sore muscle and help us get them Gains that we all want while staying healthy and continually active.

Thanks again Vital4U and my sincere apologies for the long over due review. Always a pleasure to try out good products from a company that is honest always cares about the consumer.

March 25, 2017

• Nice Profile

Thank to Vital 4U for sending this out. I've never used a vita-pack for more than a trial period so I was a little skeptical when starting this. Now I'm a huge fan of the convenience and will probably use this again.

7.5/10
    Vital 4U's vitamin essentials really lives up to its name. This is a standard multivitamin and mineral vita-pack that covers the essential vitamins and minerals. It also has a herbal complex table and a lecithin soft gel. I haven't previously used vita-packs so I know if this is standard or not but it was a nice bonus either way. I won't go into great detail about all of the ingredients as there is just simply too many. Instead, I will cover general categories.

This is largely a well-rounded product. In addition to covering the major vitamins and minerals, it uses a fair amount of chelated forms, complexes, and ok dosages. I've read that chelated forms are supposed to have better bioavailability/absorption in the body but I'm not sure which vitamins and minerals that applies to. Nonetheless, their presence in Vitamin Essential is welcomed. Similarly, I like that the B, C, and D+K vitamins were within larger complexes that included extras like PABA, Rose Hips, Choline, Quercetin, etc. I was also glad that the dosages for the more essential ingredients were at least 100% Daily Recommended Value. I don't eat nearly as many greens as I should so I really need all the help I can get in my supplementation.

That being said, I would have liked to have seen higher dosages for a fair amount of the ingredients. The most notable example would be the herbal complex. I think it could have been a little larger, say 500mg or maybe even 1 gram? Also, I thought the Vitamin D3 was a little "low" at 400IUs. To be fair I use "low" in quotations as it is a 100% DRV dose but relative to my requirements (living in the North during winter) this is low. Similarly, I thought the Vitamin C was a little low at 200mg - I would have liked to have seen 500mg. I don't really deduct too much for this because I understand this product is just meant to cover the bases at reasonable doses for the average person. Still, I have to compare this to competitors like Animal Pak and Orange Triad-which have 1g and 600mg of Vitamin-C for a quick comparison. In this regard, Vitamin Essentials falls short. Moreover, these competitors offer more complexes, and extras for a similar price. That doesn't mean this isn't a good product though. I'd probably put this right below them in terms of my personal favorites but top 3 is still worthwhile. Ultimately, I didn't think there were any egregious shortcomings to be found but I would have wanted a little more before I considered this outstanding.

This is just a simple vita-pack containing 6 tablets and 2 softgels to be taken once daily with a meal. I usually took this right after lunch and didn't notice any aftertastes with any tablet or softgel (not that I expected to). I found the convenience of the vita-pack to be unparalleled. I've taken small ziploc baggies with various supplements or brought the containers with me to work/class (this can be a pain at times), but nothing quite beats a pre-packaged vita-pack. Sure, you pay for the convenience, but that convenience made me more likely to remember to take the supplement, which is never a bad thing. Mixability is not applicable for this supplement.

I'll preface this by saying that within a week of running out of Vitamin essentials, I caught a common cold and then the flu. It could be a coincidence (it likely is) but I felt it was an anecdote worth sharing in case it contributed in some way to my weakened immune system.

Although I got sick shortly after finishing a container of Vitamin Essentials vita-packs, I never got sick during my use of the product. Nearly half of the people at the office caught some form of illness but I mostly managed to survive unscathed. I would occasionally feel a little off for a day here or there but it was never so bad that it alone would cause me to miss a workout or something else important. Considering I was in close proximity to a fair amount of sick people and could have fallen ill any day, I'd say this helped my immune system at the very least.

As far as other identifiers of effectiveness are concerned, I believe that multi-vitamin+mineral supplements are best judged by how you feel after you have stopped taking the product in addition to your immune defense capacity while taking it. In this case, it was a bit hard for me to tell exactly how I felt afterwards since I got sick shortly after but for about a week before that happened, I noticed a slight slump in my overall wellbeing. It is hard to quantify but I'd say if I was 100% while taking this, I was ~90% when I wasn't - that's to say there was a small but noticeable difference. For me, this is a reliable, albeit anecdotal, way to discern the effectiveness of these kinds of supplements. Therefore, I'd consider this to be a good contender in the vita-pack category.

7.5/10
    I found this listed at $35 for a 30 [pack] serving container or $33.25 with a subscription on the Vital 4U website as well as Amazon. That factors out to $1.17 and $1.11 a serving respectively. Compared to perhaps the most well known vita-pack contender, Animal Pak, this is not a great nor an outstanding value. For comparison, Animal Pak IS $26.95 and $25.60 for a 44-pak/serving container, which factors out to $0.61 and $0.58 a pak/serving respectively. At the worst extreme, that's just more [by $0.01; $0.58x2=$1.16] than double the value.

Now, I don't mind paying ~$1 a day for a supplement if it works, the benefits are worth it, and it is a fair price for the ingredients. Even though there are cheaper competitors, I think is still affordable for what you get. I'd like to see it closer to $1 so I'll rate it a little lower than 8/10 but its not a bad value - just not amazing. If you find it on sale then it is most likely worth pulling the trigger.

Side Effects

I had no side effects while taking Vitamin Essentials. Notably, I didn't have neon colored urine so that indicates that absorption of ingredients was on point.

Conclusion

7.5/10
    Ultimately, this is a noteworthy contender in the multi-vitamin+mineral category, especially among the vita-pack group, and for the right reasons. It could be better, sure, but it is a good product. Just because Animal Pak is a greater value doesn't necessarily mean it is better for everyone as this may be a better fit for someone who isn't as "hardcore" or "intense" and is just looking to be healthy. If that's your goal then by all means look no further - unless your wallet demands so. If you are looking for that "hardcore"/"intense" competitor for this category then perhaps look elsewhere. You wouldn't be disappointed with this product but you're probably looking for something more. In short, I'd recommend trying this if it fits your goals or if you can find it on sale.

I get to a 7.8 overall rating by averaging the "Ingredient Profile," "Effectiveness," and "Value" categories which are most relevant here. This produces a 7.67 rating and I round up since I really enjoyed the convenience of a vita-pack.

March 2, 2017

• Slight Allergy Relief
    • Nice Profile

I would like to thank Vital 4U for once again giving me an opportunity to review their products. In the past I reviewed Vital 4U Premium Multi-Vitamin giving it a 8.8/10 overall. There are many similarities between the 2 products so for this review I'll be going through the differences. During the review I was training 4 to 5 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

The ingredient profile is quite large with the amount ingredients in each serving (One Packet). What amazes me is the transparency of the label noting each dosage per ingredient. Vital 4U offers over 20 ingredients that are dosed at 50%-100% of the daily value. I could easily write a whole review just for the ingredient profile however for your sanity I won't. Just note there just about everything from A-Z, and the difference between this and Premium Multi-Vitamin is the nutrient base. Vitamin Essentials fills the holes left in your daily diet.

Since this is in tablet/softgel forms there is no mixability to judge on. There is no taste unless you leave a tablet in your mouth to long which isn't the best idea. Anyways the dosing protocol is simple..... Take one serving daily with food, I took mine every morning with breakfast. I didn't really look forward to taking so many tablets/softgels but I knew it was health insurance for my body.

There was a big comparison to Vital 4U Premium Multi Vitamin in terms of overall effectiveness. However they are two different products, I did feel healthier with my allergies and digestion the most. I do get pretty bad allergies around this time of year and felt Vitamin Essentials boosted my immunity to the point I felt completely healthy in that sense. Another noticeable point was my digestion, my bathroom visits were more frequent. Other than these two points of emphasis I didn't feel much else other than maybe a little boost with energy.

A one time purchase of Vital 4U Vitamin Essentials will cost you $35 for 30 servings. If you decided to go the subscription route..... that will save you 5% or $33.25. The one time purchase serving cost is around $1.17 and subscription cost $1.11 per serving. The price point is kind of high while there is only a .06 cent difference per serving between one-time and subscription. As this is more nutrient based when compared to an all-around multivitamin you can find cheaper alternatives or just eat your fruit/veggies. I do understand paying the price if you have health issues or anything else that restricts you from certain foods/drinks.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, Vitamin Essentials has a nice profile but I'd spend my money on a more complete multi-vitamin. Maybe if the price point was lower I'd consider buying a tub or two. I want to thank Vital 4U for participating in the SR TROOP Program again and again!

5.5
      May 2, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Nice Profile
    • No Positive Physical Effects
    Introduction:

Ah yes, the multi-vitamin, a daily staple for me, I have tried dozens of various vitamin packs, capsules, pills... you name it. Some I could feel working, via an increase in overall well being, mood, energy, some I did not feel anything positive physically, but with the hopes they have some positive underlying benefit. A multi-vitamin is to supplement any vitamins or minerals lacking in your diet, it does not replace whole foods.

Disclosure: I have used the Vital-4-U Premium Multi-vitamin

Thank you to the SR Troops program and the folks at Vital 4 U for the opportunity to try this product.

Claim: Pills that break out each vitamin/mineral etc, are more beneficial as opposed to taken a multi-vitamin in one pill. Sounds good in theory.

Ingredient Profile 8.5/10:

The profile is pretty much all the essentials that one would look for in a good and daily mutli-vitamin. A's, B's, C's, some minerals, herbal complex etc

Taste: There is no taste as these are 8 pills. They are easy to swallow, no oversized horse pills/capsules.

Mixability: N/A as these are in pill form

Dosing: One packet of 8 pills, taken with breakfast each day

Each tub has 30 packets of 8 pills, taken as directed, 1 packet per day.

Effectiveness 5.5/10:

I did not notice any increase in energy, mood, immune boost, or overall well-being while taking this product. I hope that they had some underlying benefit to me, in terms of improved health etc. It's hard for me to say this is a bad product, regardless of me not feeling this multi-vitamin working physically for me.

The Vital-4-U Premium vitamin pack, I clearly felt working. It is a higher priced product, but it was one I walked away from quite impressed.

Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for this product. The theory of breaking down the pills by vitamin and mineral makes sense, however, I have taken 1-2 pill multi-vitamins which I felt positive physical attributes while consuming.

Value 6/10:

The best price online is via amazon, at $31.50 per tub. That's $1.05 per day. An ok price for a well formulated vitamin. I have had better value with positive physical effects, but again, hopefully the product had some underlying health benefit for me which I could not physically feel.

Side Effects N/A:

Other than neon urine, I have no other side effects to list here.

Conclusion 6.5/10:

A solid profile, that meets the needs of your standard vitamin, mineral with some herbal complex thrown in. I am not sold on having multi-vitamins broken out into separate pills for better usage/dosing. Based on my experience with Vital4U's Premium Multi, I would rather pay the premium for that multi-vitamin packet, as opposed to this one.

April 30, 2016

• Slight Allergy Relief
    Alright after running a trial of Vital4u Premium multi vitamins I was excited to try the new Essential version of them.
    Vital 4u has proven here that they make some solid products, I for one LOVED the Premium version.

Profile 8
    Well this is the essential version so that is pretty much what it is.
    Still has a great profile of basically everything that someone under normal daily activities should need.
    Vitamin A, B complex, C complex, a power complex, minerals , Lecithin and some herbal complex thrown in too.

Dosing 8
    Yea its a pack of pills, 8 pills once a day.
    I never had issues getting them down or having stomach issues from them.

Effectiveness 7.5
    These are pretty good, I did feel overall better one them. One thing I noticed with these some was the allergy relief I got. Now it was not as good as the premium version but still something I did notice. Another thing was the more regular bathroom visits. Nothing major changed but could almost set a watch by it. I did feel a bit more energetic and almost in a better overall mood from these too . I feel a sold multi will help immunity too, and that is something I feel is important everyday.

Value 7
    Now the reason I marked this a bit lower than what I would on the premium is I feel sometimes it much better to pay a bit more for something better.
    Now this is a good choice for someone that does look for extra supplement support and is active but maybe not hardcore active as some other members here. This is 35 bucks on their website for a 30 day supply. Vital 4u does over free shipping so that is always a good bonus there. Now the Premium runs 45 bucks and to me is a better deal ,due to way it worked for me. I have yet to have a multi work as well as the premium did for me.
    You can find this on amazon for 31.50 and if you are a prime member this maybe the way to go. I did see Vital 4u has a email member thing you can sign up for, and I do not know but most give you some discounts once in a while for joining. Maybe a rep can confirm this if possible .

Overall 7.5
    Overall again Vital 4u has made another good multi, but for me I would rather take the extra pills and spend another 10 dollars and get the adding joint and allergy relief I got from that one.
    I loved trying these and I look forward to anything they send SR.com to try out.
    Keep up the good work and thank you for being patient with my review.

Overall
    Overall
    7.1
      April 21, 2016

PROFILE- 9
    This is a MAJOR complex of vitamins and minerals, administered into 8 pills (6 tablets, 2 softgels). The label is broken down by pill. Each and every ingredient per-pill is listed under the appropriate complex. The pill complexes are split into Vitamin-A, B, Lecithin, C, Power (vitamin-D's), Minerals (2 pills), and finally an Herbal Complex to round it out. I am not going to even try to post each and every ingredient with its listed amount, so check out the label if you must! it is impressive though.

The canister has 30 packets in it. There are no horse-pills in this, and it was very easy to take, considering the amount and ingredients involved. About half way through the tub, I found myself just dumping an entire packet into mouth and chasing with a big gulp of water.

EFFECTIVENESS- 7.8
    I could say this changed my life, as far as daily vitamins go. But it didn't. What it did was make me feel healthier, and a better overall feeling. I do know for a fact my immune system was really beefed up, as my little nephews and nieces (whom seem to spend more time at my house then at their own) all had the spring cold and cough, and perpetual runny noses. I experienced no signs of oncoming illness while taking these! Now that I'm not taking this (or any multi vitamin) I've been dealing with a runny nose and allergy issues. So yeah, in my opinion it definitely boosts immunity.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
    Considering the amount of pills taken per day, I didn't experience any issues taking this. No stomach issues at all. I still will not take this many vitamins on an empty stomach, but i didn't get that post vitamin nausea that I usually do. Shockingly, I didn't get the "neon pee" I expected, but it did turn a golden honey color, and only right after taking (or, the first pee after taking). Next pee was much clearer, so maybe it absorbs really fast into my system?

VALUE-6.6
    I found this for 35$ on their website, and if you subscribe to the monthly delivery service it drops to 33$. To me, this is on the high side for vitamins no matter how complex it is. A search on the Amazon finds it down to 31.50. It IS a solid product, but still on the high side for a vitamin complex that would be considered a monthly staple.

OVERALL- 7
    I did enjoy the healthy feeling, and mega-immune system boost. This is a polarizing product, as I'd really "want" to take it all the time, but the expense pushes it right out of the "need" to take it all the time. Like I said above, I would be hard-pressed to make this a staple product, as a monthly purchase. Is it a bad product to purchase? Absolutely not! I would totally purchase during the cold season just as an insurance policy. As a matter of fact, the more time i spend typing about it (with an itchy throat and runny nose), the more i wish i was still taking it!