Leftovers Reviews

By: Vaxxen Labs

Protein > Meal Replacements
Leftovers is a Meal Replacement manufactured by Vaxxen Labs. It is a protein based supplement meant to provide additional fats and carbohydrates with the purpose of providing a quick and conveinient meal. It can promote lean muscle mass gain and aid in fat loss. It is not to be used as a sole source of nutrition.

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Whole Food Sorce
  • Convenient
  • Taste Good For Being Vegan

First off I want to thank Vaxxen Labs for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I really enjoy products like this and when I get the chance to give them a try I like to do so. This will be my third meal replacement product I have used. It's great being able to get an all in one product like this instead of having to buy everything separately which would cost you a lot more.

This is a vegan meal replacement. This is much more than just a protein shake since you get a lot of different fruits and veggies and a lot of other stuff which I will explain. The protein in this is made from pea protein isolate and organic brown rice protein and you get 15g total. Pea protein is good for people with a dairy intolerance or vegan. Organic brown rice is an excellent substitute for those with a gluten sensitivity. You have healthy fats in this which contains medium chain triglycerides (mct) that help you lose fat and increase energy. They use organic coconut water to help with rehydration and contains 600mg of potassium. For the carb source they use sweet potato's to help keep you fuller longer and add important nutrients and antioxidants.
    In this you get 165 calories, 20g carbs, 5g of fat, less than 3g of sugar, and 15g of protein. I was told they compare this to shakeology but they said they feel they did a better job and was able to make it a lot cheaper and give you a lot more servings. They said the nutritional panel is almost identical to shakeology.

They break this down into 4 sections and you can check out what's in section below on the ingredient profile I posted. First you get your fruits and veggies blend at 820mg. Second you get your digestive enzyme blend at 40mg. Third you get your Immunity support blend at 85mg. Last is your Insulin support blend at 151mg. I really like all of these different things they put in here and feel they are really good and effective to have.

This comes in one flavor Loaded Sweet Potato. The first few times I drank this I was not liking the taste of this very much. This was my first time having a vegan shake and heard vegan protein shakes don't usually taste very good. At first I was getting this really bad after taste that stuck with me when I would drink this and it made me not want to drink this. Then after awhile I got to where I started to really like this and did not mind the taste at all. I think this will take a little bit to get use to drinking and then after awhile you will start to enjoy it a lot more. I did get towards the last half of the container to where I was really enjoying the taste of this a lot. I would like to see them come out with another flavor so you don't have the same flavor all the time and get tired of that.

Mixing was not to bad. You do have to really shake it up to get everything to mix up. After you shake it up and let it sit for a little bit you will need to shake it back up again since a lot of the ingredients will settle to the bottom of your shaker bottle. It does have a little bit of a gritty texture to it but not to bad. They say to take one heaping scoop with 12-16oz of water and can be taken with or without food. I would normally take this in the mornings at work during my first break. I found taking this in the morning seems to work best.

I found this to be a very effective product for me. I would normally take this in the mornings while at work during my first break. When not working I would still take it in the mornings. I usually have a hard time eating food early in the morning with the way my stomach feels. I figured this would really help me since I don't usually eat much in the mornings.

I found this to be very good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted digestive issues at all. I never really noticed to much in the way of bloating which was nice. I feel this really helped me a lot more with my recovery. I felt a lot less soreness and my DOMS were hardly noticeable. Since I started taking this I was able to put on a little more weight and a little more size in my muscles. I think this helped me gain more strength on my lifts. I felt like my lifts went better and was able to push around some heavier weight than I normal would which was nice. Also I felt my energy levels were a lot better mainly because of the carbs which helped get more glycogen in me so I would not become so depleted as quickly. My overall drive and endurance during my workouts felt way better. Since this does have stuff in here to help you with your immune system I feel that my overall immune system was a lot better so I did not have cold issues to deal with.

I think that a product like this is great for me to have since I have a hard time eating the amounts of foods I would like to help me put on a little more size. If your someone that wants to gain a little more size I think this is great to have. They make this so much easier to consume all of the stuff that is in this instead of having to try and eat them everyday. I know after I would take this I felt more full and kept me feeling fuller longer until it was time for my next meal at lunch time. I feel this can be really good if your someone that needs to watch your macro intake. A lot of these foods they put in this I hardly ever consume and by having them in here was really good so I could finally start consuming them. I know a lot of the stuff they put in here is really good for you and should be consuming a lot more often.

On their website and amazon are the only two places so far you can get this at. They want $79.99 for 56 servings. I think that is a fairly decent price for this considering what all they put in this. If you were to buy everything they put in here separately it would cost you way more. So I think they did a good job at helping keep the price down and give you a decent amount of servings.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a pretty decent product and very effective for me. I feel they did a good job at making this product and keeping the price lower and giving you a lot of servings. I think products like this is something I need to consume a lot more often because I don't normally eat a lot of the stuff they put in here and should. If your someone that has a hard time wanting to eat or does not eat a lot of the stuff they put in this I would highly recommend checking this out. I think this will help you a lot in a lot of different areas depending on your diet and how you workout. I would be more than happy to give this another try but would like to see them come out with another flavor since I feel that another 56 servings of this same flavor again would be hard to do because I would get really tired of it quickly. Also I would like to see some more sites start carrying their products and maybe help to get their prices a little cheaper. Again I want to give a big shout out to Vaxxen Labs for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
    • Loaded Sweet Potato: 8/10

• Wis3guy
      November 1, 2017

Nice job guru. Shakeology is expensive to support the commissions. I assume anyway.

• MarsheS
      November 1, 2017 - Last Edited: 2017-11-01 14:12:59

I would agree with the Value if it had atleast more than 20g of Protein minimum. I think it's too expensive, you were too nice with them lol. What is 85mg of the Immunity Support Blend going to do? 85mg of 1 of those ingredients wouldn't do anything, now imagine 85mg divided into 9 ingredients. And I can continue with the Insulin Support Blend which is probably also highly underdosed.
      If there was a challenge to find several products or 1 single product worth $80 that can be better than Vaxxen Leftovers, I bet I could find it. So IMO, very good ingredients but most are underdosed.

I still found the review helpful.

• workoutguru