6.2

(Better than 7% in Amino Acids > Recovery)

ValkyRecovery is a Recovery Product manufactured by Valkyrie Alchemy. It is an amino acid based product that is designed to assist in workout recovery.

Amino Acids > Recovery

3.1
Thanks to Valkyrie Alchemy for sending it out!
  November 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint Support
  • Good Ingredients
  • Fairly Disclosed Label

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
Thank you to ValkyRecovery for letting me try this for them. I am in my early 30's and am an Active duty military member who is big into fitness. I focus more on functional fitness and recently started the Horseman program, which focuses on essentially becoming a superhuman in regards to fitness. I look for products that will aid in my performance and recovery, and is affordable for everyday use.

The ingredient profile is the pinnacle of this product and is what really got me excited about it. It delivers all of the right ingredients for the right areas of recovery.

The first section is the "helmet of the Gods blend (supports brain health)
Turmeric-250mg
Boswellia Serrata extract-1g
Ginseng-150mg
Black Pepper fruit extract-5mg

Next is the Valkyrie Wings blend (joint/anti inflammatory support)
Ginger extract (5% gingerols)-250mg

Vitamine C-250mg
Potassium Citrate-100mg
Phosphorus-50mg
Calcium Ascorbate-20mg

Additionally in the listed ingredients is Carb10, sweet potato powder, Whey Protein concentrate, natural flavors, beet root extract, xanthan gum, Soy lecithin, sunflower creamer, stevia, lactase, and papin.

The first two sections on the ingredients list are great because all of these ingredients have been shown to work in regards to recovery and fighting joint pain. I am a huge fan of turmeric and the wonderful things it can do for your body, and they were smart by adding black pepper and other spices because it aides in the absorbtion ability of these ingredients. The section that left me a little confused was the deep sleep REM blend simply because if I am taking this post workout especially since I workout in the morning, I do not want something putting me to sleep. The ingredients in the amino blend are ok...not great but they meet the intent. I would like to know how much whey protein concentrate is in this product since it is not spelled out on the label, and what exactly it is being used for.

So, now that I have explained and covered all of the positive aspects lets get to the real story. This product comes in 1 flavor and that is Nordic Berry. The powder itself has a yellow cornmeal look to it, and smells funky at best. The taste is even worse. Everytime I drank this, I had hoped there would be some redeeming berry flavor. Well you know what they say, you can hope in one hand and do something in the other...simply put this stuff is awful. If it wasn't for the fact that it was free, and needs reviews...I would have chucked this product. Imagine filling your shaker cup with milk or water (neither are effective) and taking these ingredients and adding them one by one in their raw state and drinking that. I think mixing raw turmeric in water and drinking that would have had a better taste.

Secondly mixability was tough. Even with a blender ball there would be clumping and the product would get thick quickly. I feel like the culprit is the sweet potato powder, but I could be wrong. I would go anywhere from 12-18 oz to try and find a good ration to reduce the clumps, but it simply did not happen.

Dosing is straight forward though, its your standard 1 scoop which happens to be a massive 64g.

Its really hard to tell if this was effective. I cannot say that I felt bad taking this, but I also did not feel any better or benefits from it. I already take fish oil and focus on stretching from workouts so DOMS are never really killer, but what soreness I do have was not reduced by this supplement. It was also hard to be motivated to drink this due to how horrible it taste. You can have the greatest product in the world for whatever category it falls under, but if it taste like dog S...then it will not be effective. For the price of this product, I think most folks would be better off buy a separate BCAA product and some turmeric pills and be better off. So I would have to say effectiveness wise, this would be ranked low.

If you think the flavor makes this product hard to swallow, then wait till you hear about the price. The only place you can find this is on their site, and they will be glad to sell it to you for $45. The problem is, you only get 15 servings, which is $3.00 a scoop. For that kind of money this better taste like heaven in a bottle and give me freak like powers. Unfortunately it does not, and therefore is a waste of money.

Side Effects

There were really no side effects, unless you want to count a lingering bad taste in your mouth from drinking it as a side effect.

Conclusion

So, here we are...the conclusion. I was so excited, and when I tried it....I was extremely let down. I like to see products that deliver on natural ingredients that put together an profile that is truly promising. This has that, but for God's sake add something to give it a flavor. They could have easily added some dried fruit powder and it would have gone a long ways, but they didnt. So therefore I cannot and will not recommend this to anyone. Its too expensive, taste too terrible and is just not worth it. For the money, find products that you know will taste good that are effective.
  • Nordic Berry : 2/10

Other Prices:
Valkyrie Alchemy   $39.99

4.5
3.5
Thanks to Valkyrie Alchemy for sending it out!
  November 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Joint Support
  • Some Focus Improvement
  • Slight Fatigue Reduction

A special thanks to Valkyrie Alchemy for their participation here on SR.com. Today, I talk about my experience with their product ValkyRecovery (VR). As you could guess from the name, VR is a recovery based product designed to aid specifically in the area of recovery. Recovery is a critical factor when trying to achieve any fitness goals since as they say, "gainz develop outside of the gym". Getting in all of your daily micros and macros along with adequate sleep are the mainstay factors in recovery. However, some supplements out there such as creatine and BCAAs can help give recovery an extra boost when needed.

VR has 4 different complexes consisting of different ingredients. All ingredients are fully disclosed with their dosages without blends.

To being, VR starts with the "Helmet of The Gods" brain health support complex that includes tumeric at 250mg, boswellia serrata extract at 1g, ginseng extract at 150mg, and black pepper at 5mg.

Next is the "Valkyrie Wings Blend" joint support complex consisting of ginger extract at 250mg, cinnamon extract at 200mg, cayenne pepper at 5mg, and glucosamine hcl at 1g.

Following is the "Deep Sleep REM Enhancer Blend" containing magnesium gluconatre at 250mg, zinc dosed at 25mg, and vitamin B6 at 15mg.

Lastly is the BCAA 2:1:1 complex. This contains L-Leucine at 2.5g, L-Isoleucine at 1.25g, L-Valine at 1.25g, vitamin c at 250mg, potassium citrate at 100mg, phosphorous at 50mg, and calcium ascorbate at 20mg.

While some ingredients can be dosed higher in my opinion, the profile looks promising.

The only flavor available is called nordic berry. I've never had nordic berries before and after tasting this supplement, I probably won't ever. The taste was not the absolute worst, but in no way something I would say I would look forward to drinking. It tasted more like warm, borderline old berry juice with thickener.

Mixability was subpar at best. The overall mixture would often get overly thick regardless of how much water I used and I did get occasional clumping.

As a recovery product, I took this primarily post workout on training days. On non-training days, I would take a serving around evening time. Preparation was the same as I would combine one scoop to about 12 ounces of water and drink.

I can say that my experience with VR were overall disappointing. Normally, from recovery supplements or from supplements that can potentially help with recovery, I expect a reduction in DOMS, better natural energy, less fatigue after my workouts, and less early morning grogginess resulting from intense training sessions the day prior.

With VR, DOMS was only slightly reduced at best. I still experienced notable DOMS the preceding days and leading up to future training sessions, only to a slightly lesser degree. The difference was negligible.

Natural energy levels were seemingly unaffected and I still experienced some degree of next morning grogginess and fatigue even with adequate sleep. On the subject, sleep was perhaps slightly better and deeper, but again at a negligible degree.

I will say that the joint support complex did seem to benefit me as I did not feel any minor aches, pains, or stiffness I would occasionally get after training sessions. truthfully, this seemed like the beneficial area VR shined.

As for the brain support complex, I did feel a moderate improvement in focus and mental clarity, so VR did seem to shine to some degree here. Though the benefits fell short in comparison to an actual nootropic.

This is where VR loses some big points. To begin, you only get 15 servings per tub. The only place I could find this sold was at there home site, which offers only a PayPal retail price of 44.99. Doing out the math, that comes out to each serving costing 3 dollars. For the lack of efficacy in all areas of recovery and the fact that you don't even get a full month's supply, this is not at all a good value. For 45 dollars, it would be a much wiser investment to grab some bulk BCAAs, creatine, and protein.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In closing, ValkyRecovery is not a product I would recommend at the current price and for it's subpar efficacy. It is good for joint support and some focus improvement but as far as reduced DOMS and better recovery in general, ValkyRecovery misses the mark substantially. The company should go back to the drawing board and improve on the product's deliverance of effectiveness, which can include higher BCAAs content, inclusion of creatine, carbohydrate inclusion, dosages of quality protein sources, and higher dosages of the other ingredients as well. For 45 dollars, stick with bulk goods.

WARMACHINE OUT!!!