(Better than 45% in Natural Testosterone Boosters)

Ultimate-T is a Natural Testosterone Booster manufactured by USPlabs. It helps optimize your natural testosterone levels, which helps encourage muscle growth and fat loss.
FORUM TOPICS

Overall
Overall
6.4
6.6
6.3
(SR paid for product; USPlabs did not participate)
  April 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Cortisol Control
  • Weight Loss Support
  • Possibly Under-dosed
  • No Impact On Libido
  • Potentially Ineffective

Whatever happened to USPlabs? If you go back ten years, they were one of THE most prominent supplement companies. Let's be real, if you were lifting in 2010, you were taking Jack3d. EVERYONE was taking Jack3d. Plus the company was cranking out stuff like PowerFULL, Modern BCAA, Yok3d, Oxy Elite Pro, and so on. Big products that lots of people were excited about. Now I feel like I never hear about USPlabs. Sad face. Could just be me though.

Sorry. I was getting nostalgic. Anyway, I'd not run a natty test booster in a while. At age 34 my natural test production has never been an issue; my most recent testing continues to show I'm slightly above average in t-production. Even so, I remember how much I enjoyed my experience with Pink Magic, USPlabs original t-booster from years ago, and thus figured I'd give Ultimate-T a try. Thanks specifically to SR.com for this opportunity - this product was not supplied to me by USPlabs.

Ultimate-T is comprised of a proprietary blend of four root extracts. I don't normally go into this level of detail in my reviews, but in my opinion the profile of a test booster needs to be scrutinized as this is a class of supplement that I personally find can easily mislead consumers.

Symplocos Bark - common phosphodiesterase inhibitor. Phosphodiesterase is the enzyme responsible for breaking down cyclic-AMP, which has beneficial effects like improved fat loss, increased muscle mass, and improved thyroid function. Not enough research exists to establish a daily recommended dosage.
Withania Somnifera - AKA Ashwagandha/KSM66. Touted for relieving insomnia and stress-induced depression and can significantly reduce cortisol concentrations and the immunosuppressive effect of stress. Several positive human trials on record. Recommendation is up to 6g daily but results can be had at 300-500mg daily.
Spilanthes Flower - more commonly known for aphrodisiac and pain relief properties. One study (on rats) found this extract to positively increase testosterone. Recommended dose for 200lb. man is 2.2g daily.
Eurycome Longifolia - AKA Longjack. VERY common natural test boosting ingredient. Reliable aphrodisiac effects. Appears to have remarkable anti-estrogenic effects but no human studies exist. On the testosterone side of things, the literature appears to be needlessly promising. No peer-reviewed evidence currently establishes Eurycoma as a testosterone booster in otherwise healthy persons or rats but many studies are quick to cite presentations by an M.I Tambi claiming these boosts in testosterone. None of Dr.Tambi's research presented in conferences appears to be indexed and the claims expressed cannot be proven. Recommended dose of 200-300mg daily.

Each two cap dose of Ultimate-T contains 1,268mg of the root prop blend which equates to ~2,500g daily of actual product. Given that the recommend daily dose of the three ingredients listed above (where that information is available) is ~2,700mg, it does appear at least one of these extracts is under dosed. Obviously impossible to know for certain but I still felt the math was worth analyzing.

No taste or issues at all with these caps. Easy to swallow and no powder burps or indigestion. I followed the bottle's instructions and took two caps in the AM in my fasted state and two caps in the PM after dinner.

I'm going to break this section down into the two separate claims on the bottle as I had significantly different experiences with each claim.

Testosterone Support
Unfortunately I got very little from Ultimate-T in this category. True, I may not be the ideal candidate for this supplement given my natural test production, but I have had positive experiences with other natty boosters in the past (as stated - Pink Magic). Normally I experience a noticeable uptick in sex drive while on a good booster. That and maybe a slight boost to aggression. I felt neither here. Not even the barest bump to libido, which I was really hoping for as work and kids have caused that to drag lately.

Can't say I've ever noticed significant improvements to muscle mass or overall strength while on a t-booster, thus I wasn't monitoring for those types of effects. I'm currently doing mostly hypertrophy training while in a caloric deficit and thus not maxing out or watching my strength all that closely.

Cortisol Control
On the flip side, I do think Ultimate-T really supported me here. If you've read any of my more recent reviews, you'll know I've been hard cutting since January 1st as part of a friendly competition between myself and friends. The month that I ran Ultimate-T was when I grinded past my sticking point of 210 lbs. and dropped down to my eventual lowest weigh-in of 203 lbs. (starting weight was 219 lbs. on Jan 1). Not only did I make significant weight loss progress during this four weeks, but I did so during a time when I had a high-stress work event as well as a cross-country work trip.

Of course, I'm not giving Ultimate-T all the credit for the dropped pounds here. I've been strict with my diet and carb intake and have been much more consistent in getting into the gym 4-5 times a week, but I definitely feel this product, specifically the Withania Somnifera, played a positive role in my progress during this time.

The cheapest I could find a 120 cap bottle / month supply of Ultimate-T was $32 or basically $1.00 a day. Test boosters are a tricky category of supplement to compare cost-wise given the vast difference in ingredient profiles, but overall I judge the price of Ultimate-T to be on par with competitor products. Outbreak's Rise, RSP's Prime-T, and Ronnie Coleman's Testogen can all be purchased for right around the same price for a month's supply. Obviously you're paying more for these sort of robust boosters compared to the single ingredient products like D-Pol, but that's to be expected.

Side Effects

Conclusion

T-boosters are probably the most challenging category of supplement when it comes to recommending/rating. Truly, what may work wonders for one individual may do absolutely nothing for another. Based purely on my experiences, this is a "Maybe" in terms of whether or not I'd recommend it. I do think its cortisol controlling properties are legit but don't think it's worth its price point for that feature alone. Personally I'd like to run two full bottles of Ultimate-T as another test to see if longer use of the supplement yielded better results.

For now, this might be worth a shot if you're exploring natty test boosters, just be aware of the potential limitations of the ingredient dosages.

• dmf8625
    April 9, 2018

Nicely reviewed!

I agree that USPlabs has fallen off the map in the supplement industry. All these new brands with well formulated products and eye-popping marketing has buried the legacy brands in most people's minds.

Other Prices: