Modern Creatine has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Creatine > Blends

Modern Creatine Reviews

By: USPlabs

Creatine > Blends
Modern Creatine is a Creatine Blend manufactured by USPlabs. It features multiple forms of creatines to take advantage of the various features of the different creatines. It can increase muscle power, translating to strength gains and increased muscle mass.

Modern Creatine has been reported as discontinued.

Check out the top-ranked products in Creatine > Blends

Overall
Overall
  August 26, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Unmet Claims
    • Sub-Par Flavor
    • Brown Flecks
    • Hastle To Mix

USPLabs' Modern Creatine boasts ultra-purity, and ironically decides to add betaine. The label boasts that BioCRE (the instantized creatine anhydrous the product uses) contains upwards of 96% creatine per-gram, as opposed to the 88% of the Ol' Reliable Creatine Mono.

A clean profile of 3 grams of BioCRE Instantized Creatine Anhydrous. Instantized creatine is said to help solve the issue of creatine not particularly soluble in water. Also containing >96% pure creatine means that you'd be getting roughly the same amount of the good stuff as you would with 5 grams of creatine monohydrate.

It also includes the minimum effective dose of Betaine Anhydrous, 2.5 grams. Betaine Anhydrous is said to increase creatine synthesis and improve athletic performance.

USPLabs has decided to continue the popular trend of adding color to their beverages because we're all obviously 10 years old and care about color. The colors are natural, but still totally unnecessary.

The only variations of this formula are Lemon-Lime, and unflavored. The website shows 3 containers of the product with different color water effects indicating their flavors. Unflavored is blue, I supposed because clear just doesn't have that pizzazz. Lemon-Lime, is of course lime green. The third container has a red/pink water effect, hinting that a third flavor, probably fruit-punch, is in the pipeline.

I myself have the Lemon-Lime. The taste isn't neither good or bad. It tastes similar to when you go to a restaurant and order Sprite, but the syrup/water ratio is off and you have this odd Sierra Mist and medicine mix of a flavor. Though it sounds bad, it's not enough to put me off to drinking it. However, the mixability claims they make are 100% total bunk. The only way to get it to mix completely, like many other creatine products, is hot water. Not room temperature, but HOT. I usually don't mind mixing my drinks ahead of time in warmer water and tossing them in the freezer. I picked up this habit years ago when poor mixability was commonplace. Having to actually make the water hot, or dilute it to the point where flavored becomes unflavored is NOT mentioned on their website. I feel misled. If you do neither of those things, you're left with that all-too-familiar bitter grit at the bottom. The grit also contains brownish flecks instead of just white. There is no indication of any brownish ingredient on the container. This is concerning.

Looking past the taste and mixability issues will leave you with proper dosing of effective ingredients.

Remind me to upload a picture when the feature is working properly again and I'll show you.

I'm not one to usually bloat with creatine, nor am I one to notice a major performance difference with creatine or betaine. Transitioning to this product from my bulk mono was seamless, with absolutely no change in performance. It's creatine that does what creatine does. In my experience, betaine is simply not enough to change the effects of creatine.

The cheapest I found this product was $17.00 for a one month supply. Compare this to the cost of creatine mono where the $20 will get you a year's supply and the relative low cost of betaine anhydrous, and this is just unfeasible.

Side Effects

There are none, so it's got that.

Conclusion

I cannot see ditching creatine monohydrate for a slight increase in purity. The effects do not justify the cost, and the absolute inability to live up to the claims on the website are juvenile. We are adults and we know creatine doesn't mix super-well. It's not a big deal unless you lie about it. I'll pass on this next time.
    • Lemon Lime: 4/10