Blue Juice Reviews

By: USN

Overall
Overall

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Hydration
  • Premium Look And Packaging
  • No Prop Blend
  • Full Transparency
  • Slight Improvement In Focus
  • Good Pumps
  • Great Muscle Fullness
  • Improved Recovery
  • Improved Endurance
  • Pricey
  • Makes Having A Clinical Pre Virtually Impossible
  • Odd Ingredients
  • Underdosed If Not Used With Blue Blood
  • Contains Waxy Maize And Fructose

A very difficult intra to use if you have a well dosed pre workout supplement. A very complex intra that's a step up from the norm but more doesn't mean better!

Hey Sr Fam. Back again with a review on USNs blue juice. I got this against my good judgements because I did like the profile and the idea of a very unique intra - Intras to me, are undervalued and overlooked. I was adamant that this was gonna be good but at the same time skeptical as I opted to lay off a good pre. My approach will be a lil different as I try to make this shorter yet sweeter.

Serving size 1 scoop (44g)
Servings per container 20

Electrolyte & hydration Reload stack
Sodium bicarbonate 300mg
Coconut water powder 250mg
Monopotassium phosphate 150mg

Tjo okay now there's a lot going on in here, especially for an intra. I like the additions of glycerpump, betaine and the catabolic growth stack. To me the carb matrix is on the cheaper side as it's pretty sad to see maltodextrin outweigh cyclic
Dextrin - the addition of fructose isn't desired to be honest. The taurine is also very high at 2g which is cool if your only using this but if you have a good pre and post workout chances are your gonna have a bad time with too much taurine. Choline bitartrate is also there but again if your like me and using a standard pre this would likely clash. Overall this is a really great intra it's got your hydration elements, endurance, pump, focus and recovery all sorted but if your on stim break or prepping, but if your just living life and loving pres it's not the best.

I am not going to lie I was expecting blue juice to taste horrible since blue blood was really a major let down. I purchased the Red Redemption flavor in hope it would taste good being I am a fan of fruit pump (I was assuming). It was a surprise that this tasted good - it's a hybrid of raspberry jelly and fruit punch, it's rather a tad sweet with a slight aftertaste - still surpassed my expectations as it was pleasing to drink throughout every workout. Mixability was really decent with no complaints at all, one thorough shake and I was good, no floaties or grittiness to report. I would add 1 scoop of blue juice to 400ml of water and sip throughout my workouts.

This product looked great on paper but as mentioned it's tricky to mix with a good pre. But sipping on this was really good - the pumps were really really great on this, albeit the L-citrulline is severely undosed but this was meant to coincide with their blue blood, the carbohydrate matrix made for a really fuller experience that had me feeling swole af, clearly gylcerpump doing its rounds again. One odd thing is that you do not notice the beta alanine at all, very seldom tingles... The hydration was decent along with reduced fatigue which had me training slightly longer than normal with more reps than usual. It would be hard to judge blue juice with a solid pre but as a standalone to black coffee I felt it is really a contender for one of the most complex intras I have used. Focus was slightly improved but nothing major. I did feel my recovery was improved as muscle soreness wasn't such an issue, nothing major again but noticeable. This is a product I feel more suited to those involved in sports that need improved endurance and hydration because I ain't gonna substitute this over a clinical pre thats for sure.

A tub consists of 20 servings which goes for around $36 ($1.80 per serving) it may sound like a lot but it does try to do everything and beyond in an intra. But it's a bit underdosed in the L-citrulline department, you'd still need to add some in if this is your preferred choice over a solid pre.

Side Effects

I'd like to mention that there is no side effect as such but not being able to hit this with a strong ass pre is a concern due to the effects of me being cautious - but I refuse to chance it and kept my pre workout to coffee or a stim based only pre such as mutants pre.

Conclusion

Again this is a very good product in the epik line up, but if blue blood isn't part of your regime it could very well be overkill. I love seeing innovation and this is innovative only if it fits in your plan - to me I had to sacrifice a lot in order to gauge this properly and although it is really good it's also really frustrating as well, with some exclusions this could be so much better!

Fridge
  • Red redemption : 7/10

• Clipper83
    October 29, 2018

Why is it so hard to find a pic for these products!?

• FRIDGE
    October 29, 2018

Clipper that's a good question- apologies for the flop I pressed next whilst the pic was loading. It's so so strange as the whole epik range can't even be found on the USN website only in store.