zbikowski88

SR TROOPer

• Reputation is high. (+2016)
  • Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by zbikowski88

(Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Big thanks to CT Fletcher and crew at Iron Addicts Brand for participating in the SR TROOP Program. I've been waiting since day 1 when he introduced his supplement line to try out his products. I like to use BCAAs during the middle of my training cycles when I'm pushing heavier RPEs. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week focusing on Powerlifting.

Highlights

- Hydration
- Growth
- Energy

----Ingredient Profile----
This is a fully transparent label showing each ingredient/dosage per serving. In total there is a total of 6G of BCAAs - 3G Leucine, 1.5G each of Isoleucine/Valine. Other ingredients include 2G Glutamine, 1G Taurine, 500mg Pomegranate Extract and 250mg Tart Cherry Fruit Powder.

Pomegranate Extract (20% Ellagic Acid)(Punica Granatum)(Hull) - (Recent research suggests that pomegranate may prevent diabetic sequelae via peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma binding and nitric oxide production.) The Ellagic Acid was reported to exhibit powerful anticarcinogenic and antioxidant properties. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3389504/

Tart Cherry Fruit Powder (Prunus Cerasus) - Studies have shown that supplementing with tart cherry has helped with recovery and offset any possible catabolism. http://jissn.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/1550-2783-11-S1-P31

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste - For this review I received the MUTHAF*CKIN' Watermelon flavor which is one of three flavors available. I thought I was biting into a juicy sweet tasting watermelon when I sipped on it during the day. Overall I give the flavor a 9/10

Mixability - There were no issues in regards to mixability.... No clumping or settlement at any time. The powder was a fine white color and turned into a slight pink color when mixed.

Dosing - The bottle suggests mixing (1) one scoop of Goliath with 8 to 10 oz of water and consume before, during or after training. On work days I mixed three (3) scoops into my gallon jug of water and sipped during the day. On non work days I used Goliath as an Intra-Workout for hydration purposes.

----Effectiveness----
In terms of effectiveness I'll use the highlights provided for Goliath.....

Muscle Repair/Less Soreness - I'm combining these two highlights because I think they are pretty much the same thing. I did notice less DOMs and soreness during/after training which allowed me to train harder. It wasn't anything crazy but there was a noticeable difference.

Hydration - The best highlight/category in terms of effectiveness for me. Since I sipped during the day I noticed I was drinking more and more water (great taste helped!).

Growth - With less muscle soreness during training from previous sessions I was able to train harder. In hindsight it helped my muscle grow because of that aspect.

----Value----
The cheapest value for a 30 serving tub of Goliath was at A1Supplements for $32.49. Did I mention you get 2 tubs for that price? Its Buy 1, Get 1 Free! while availability is in stock. So basically you get 60 servings for $32.49 or 30 servings for around $16.25 that's .54 cents per serving. I think this is a great price for a fully transparent label and product that is effective.

----Conclusion----
In conclusion this was a very solid BCAA supplement! I thought it was very effective and recommend this product to everyone especially with the B1G1 Free promotion A1Supplements is running. Once again big thanks to Iron Addicts brand for giving me this opportunity to review Goliath.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Taste And Mixing
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Hydration
  • Label Clarity

(Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    Before I start I want to give a big thanks to Redcon1 for giving me the opportunity to review SOMAL-1. I have had various experiences using prohormones seeing everything from the good to the ugly. This is more of an advanced (compound) prohormone and I was in the middle of a training cycle so I decided to give it a go. Currently I'm on a PCT and using support supplements to be safe. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Gains in Lean, Dry Muscle
    Fast strength gains
    Not toxic to the organs
    Aids in recove...

Gains in Lean, Dry Muscle
    Fast strength gains
    Not toxic to the organs
    Aids in recovery
    Will not cause male breast enlargement
    Improves energy in and out of the gym

----Ingredient Profile----
    As with all Redcon1 supplements they are all pretty much transparent labels. SOMAL-1 (1-DHEA) consists of 1-Androsterone which undergoes a 2-step conversion process to become 1-AD (1 Testosterone). Basically the process goes from Androstenediol to Androstenedione to 1-Testosterone which is the final product. Rather than fill the page with 1-Andro information.... PricePlow has a great write up and goes in depth about this legal prohormone here: https://blog.priceplow.com/prohormones/1-andro

Another part that stood out to me was the Liposomal Delivery System with a 99% absorption rate. As the liver breaks down the compound and the potency can lose up to 86%. There has been a great deal of Liposomal delivery done on targeted delivery and is used commonly by pharmaceutical manufacturers. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4664963/

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Since these are in tablet form there was no taste or mixability to judge. In regards to dosing the bottle recommends..... Take one (1) tablet 2x per day with food - do not take exceed 2 tablets per day. Usually I took one tablet with breakfast and another at dinner.

----Effectiveness----
    As I noted up top I was in the middle of a powerlifting training cycle. Redcon1 highlights lean dry muscle gains, faster strength gains, energy improvement... they were pretty spot on in all of those areas. After the four week cycle I PRd all three compound lifts: Squat 20 lbs, Deadlift 20 lbs and Bench 15 lbs. Pretty big numbers for just 4 weeks of use with a strict training program and lean bulk diet. It's yet to be seen if I keep most of that strength after PCT but it definitely felt good during that time. My training was at another level with less rest times between sets using heavier weights. I had increased energy through out the day along with a shift in confidence which was positive.

----Value----
    The cheapest value I could find was on Suppz.com for $46.79 for a 30 day supply. They also offer a coupon saving 10% off on all Redcon1 supplements using code REDCON10. If you were to purchase directly from the Redcon1 website you would be paying around $70 or $60 if you subscribe. Overall if purchasing from Suppz.com I believe this is a good deal especially if you decide to run SOMAL-1 for 8 weeks.

Some body acne

----Conclusion----
    Overall I was impressed with the effectiveness of SOMAL-1 after a 4 week cycle. Wish I could of used for an 8 week cycle and believe that time range would be most optimal. However I saw PRs in my three compound lifts, gained muscle and recovered quickly after training. I wouldn't recommend this compound for beginners but if you have used prohormones then I recommend using SOMAL-1.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Aids In Recovery
    • Strength Gains
    • Hardness

(Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      A big thanks to Redcon1 for participating in the SR TROOP program. Since the debuted as a company not too long ago I've always wanted to try their supplements. I was lucky enough to grab a tub of Isotope - protein is the main staple in my supplement stack. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Aids in muscle repair
      Tastes Great & Mixes very easily
      25g of Protein Per Serving
      Extremely high quality
      Dosed 100% Accurately

----Ingredient Profile----
      The ingredient profile is fully transparent as are most pro...

Aids in muscle repair
      Tastes Great & Mixes very easily
      25g of Protein Per Serving
      Extremely high quality
      Dosed 100% Accurately

----Ingredient Profile----
      The ingredient profile is fully transparent as are most protein powder labels. There is 25 G of 100% Whey Isolate protein with 3 G of carbohydrates; 1.5 G from Sugar. Redcon1 processes the Isolate using a cold processed micro and ultra filter - the basis of this is to assort enzymes that are used to hydrolyze whey protein concentrate to reduce its antigenic fractions and increase the peptides content. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4744604/

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Taste - There are three current flavors (Chocolate, PB Chocolate, Vanilla) and I received the chocolate flavor. You really can't go wrong with chocolate flavored protein. Compared to others I've tried in the past, this had a much smoother taste and feel to it. Overall I gave the Chocolate flavor a 9/10.

Mixability - This was one of the best products I've used when it came to mixability. I had no issues with settlement or clumping at any time. After a few shakes it dissolved right away. In regards to cooking - this mixed well with pro-oats and making muffins.

Dosing - According to Redcon1 the suggested use for Isotope.... Mix one scoop with 4-6 oz of water and use after training or in between meals. Under 200lbs bodyweight use one scoop per serving and over 200lbs use two scoops per serving.

----Effectiveness----
      In terms of effectiveness with protein I judge the effectiveness on digestability and recovery. I can have a hard time digesting whey protein products (Milk) however I had no issues using Isotope. The cold process and micro filtration probably helped in that regard. In regard to recovery I did notice a decrease in DOMs but nothing substantial. Its always nice to also have a good tasting/effective protein powder that can help fill my macro requirements.

----Value----
      The cheapest value I could find was actually on the Redcon1 website. This is a change of pace where most online retailers/companies products are priced higher on their own sites. A tub of Isotope will cost you $34.99 for a one time cost or $29.74 if subscribe (a 15% savings). For the ingredients and effectiveness I don't mind paying up at the one time cost ($1.17) even though its on the higher end.

----Conclusion----
      In conclusion Redcon1 is a very solid choice if your looking for a new protein powder. Effective ingredients and effective with recovery this has everything you need. You will pay up for it but with my experience this is worth the price. Once again I want to thank Redcon1 for giving me the opportunity to review Isotope.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixes Well
      • Super Clean Protein
      • Tastes Good
      • Lactose Free
      • Sucralose

(Thanks to Gamma Labs for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      Before I start I want to thank Gamma Labs for giving me the opportunity to review G-Fuel. I've heard about this product for some time now but never had the opportunity to try it until this review. I'm not basing this review using G-Fuel as a pre-workout but more of an energy supplement to get me through the day. During the duration of this review I was training 5 days a week and started a new job that has me wake up early in the morning.

Claim: G Fuel was formulated out of necessity to give you "in the moment" focus, driven by a calm consistent energy.

----Ingredient...

----Ingredient Profile----
      There are lots and lots of ingredients so the profile is broken up into three different complexes. Bummer this is not a transparent label but you at the very least you get somewhat of an idea on the dosages.

Energy Complex (1.85 G) Made up of six different ingredients with one being Caffeine at 150 mg. It was kind of funny to me this is not classified as a pre-workout because there were no "Pump" agents. However the second ingredient in the list is L-Citrulline Malate which helps boost Nitric-Oxide production.

Focus Complex (1.2 G) Features 7 ingredients with some that I had to look up to see what they did.

Toothed Clubmoss Aerial Parts Extract - (Huperzine A) (Focus/Memory) An alkaloid isolated from Huperzia serrata, is a putative nootropic agent developed by the Chinese Academy of Sciences. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14725492

Vinpocetine - A derivative of Vincamine, an alkaloid of common periwinkle plant (vinca minor), which has been shown to exert a brain neuro-protective effect by a combined action on cerebral circulation, brain metabolism and rheological properties of the blood. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4160700/

Bacopa Leaf Extract - Used to treat various disorders for centuries (pain, epilepsy, and inflammation, amongst many) perhaps the chief therapeutic claim concerning its benefits has been in improving memory. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4568033/

Antioxidant Complex (163.5 mg) A big mixture of antioxidants creating a big blend.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Taste - For this review I received the Tropical Rain flavor which one of 17 or so flavors. This features as you may think tropical fruits such as pineapple, blueberries, kiwis and others. I thought this tasted like a very sweet tropical drink which was pleasant and looked forward to every morning.

Mixability - In regards to mixability I didn't have any issues... No settlement or clumping. BUT...... there is a heavy use of dyes which stained my shaker cup blue.

Dosing - I don't drink coffee so I used this as a pick me up in the mornings to get me through the day. Basically I mixed one scoop with 16 oz of water and sipped it throughout the morning. This can be used anytime during the day or before training so there really isn't a protocol.

----Effectiveness----
      I thought this was a great replacement in the morning for me instead of energy drinks or the occasional pre-workout. The energy was subtle and got me through work but the focus aspect was even better. This felt more of a clean energy unlike Monster Zero where I feel like 2-3 cans per scoop of G-Fuel. There were a few times where I used two scoops to get through the day but it wasn't everyday. This did exactly what I thought it would.... get me through the work day or allow me to get other work done.

----Value----
      G Fuel is sold at various online retailers and the cheapest I found was on Amazon for around $27. With a tub containing 40 servings your paying around .68 cents. Considering the effectiveness as an energy supplement I think this is a pretty good deal especially if you don't like the taste of coffee. Gamma Labs sells G-Fuel on their website for $35.99 which is still less than $1 a serving.

----Conclusion----
      Overall in conclusion I recommend G-Fuel for those who heavily rely on Energy Drinks to get through the day. Try one tub and see how much money you save when compared to buying cans of Monster or others. Besides for the dyes there were really no other negatives with this product. Once again I want to thank Gamma Labs for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Really Good
      • Great Alternative To Energy Drinks
      • Great Scooper
      • Dyes

(SR paid for product; Insane Labz did not participate)
      ----Introduction----
      This is my first Insane Labz product review... I want to thank Supplement Reviews for buying a few of these tubs for SR TROOP members to review. I noticed the ingredients used which was why I wanted to try out this product - stimulants, stimulants, nootropics. However my dreams got crushed when I noticed it was a prop blend, I like to know exactly what I'm putting in my body. Anyways I was training 5 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Claim: Psychotic by Insane Labz is the most potent stimulant pre training powder ever made.

The ingredi...

----Ingredient Profile----
      The ingredient profile consists of around 8 main ingredients in a prop blend formula. There is approximately 4459 mg total of ingredient dosages in each serving. Overall this is a stim (DMAA/Caffeine) infused formula in fact Insane Labz notes.... One scoop of this product compares to 3-4 scoops of any of the mainstream pre training powders on the market today. We'll see if that's the case in the effectiveness category but I wanted to go over some of the ingredients.

Hordenine HCI - A powerful beta-2 agonist extracted from Citrus Aurantium (a.k.a. bitter orange). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/2269269

Rauwolfia Vomitoria Extract - Used as a "finishing touch" to the stim component of pre workouts and fat burners for its ability to enhance energy and mood, while also supporting weight loss. https://ispub.com/IJAM/6/2/3081

Huperzine Serrata Leaf - Supports learning and memory by protecting acetylcholine, a neurotransmitter that acts as a messenger molecule in the brain.

AMPiberry (Juniperus Communis)(berry)- Is/Was trademarked by Lecheek Nutrition, when joined with caffeine this will help smooth energy levels and prolong the life of stimulants.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Taste - For this review I received the Cotton Candy flavor which is one of six available flavors. This was the first I've tried anything related to cotton candy in a supplement product. At times it did have a cotton candy flavor but this was by far from being great tasting.

Mixability - I had no issues in regards to settlement or clumping at anytime. I figured there would be some settlement with the addition of Creatine Monohydrate but there was none.

Dosing - Usually I mixed one scoop in 8-10 oz of water 30 min before training. There were a few different times I used 1.5 scoops before training due to lack of sleep, work and etc.

----Effectiveness----
      In terms of effectiveness does this live up to this note..... One scoop of this product compares to 3-4 scoops of any of the mainstream pre training powders on the market today. My answer yes and no. With the amount of stimulant ingredients this does compare to 3-4 scoops of lower-end main stream products. However there are others that to me are more powerful in all around effectiveness.

With my experience this product is solid in two categories which are synonymous with stims/nootropics: Energy/Focus. I didn't get that tunnel vision focus but it was darn close to that point. The energy was long lasting and there was no crash later on during training or in the day. Besides for those two points of emphasis I didn't notice any kind of strength/pump relation with using Psychotic.

----Value----
      The cost for a 35 serving tub of Psychotic on the Insane Labz website is $54.95. However the cheapest value was on Elite Nutrition for $38.99 or $1.11 per serving. All of the stimulants/nootropics in a product like this still costs a bit much when compared to other products. The prop blend doesn't help with the value either helping me determine whether or not its worth that price.

----Conclusion----
      In conclusion I feel like Psychotic has the potential to be a great product with some tweaks. First being the price... lowering price per serving maybe by using the addition by subtraction idea. There really isn't a point to having Creatine in a pwo like this that focuses on energy/focus. Yes this product was effective in certain areas but all around this is about average. Even with all of the goodies (ingredients) this isn't worth the price unless you have extra money to spare.
      • Long Handle Scooper
      • One Big Blend

(Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      I would like to thank Vital 4U for once again giving me an opportunity to review their products. In the past I reviewed Vital 4U Premium Multi-Vitamin giving it a 8.8/10 overall. There are many similarities between the 2 products so for this review I'll be going through the differences. During the review I was training 4 to 5 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

----Ingredient Profile----
      The ingredient profile is quite large with the amount ingredients in each serving (One Packet). What amazes me is the transparency of the label noting each dosage per ingredient. Vital 4U offers over 20 ingredients that are dosed at 50%-100% of the daily value. I could easily write a whole review just for the ingredient profile however for your sanity I won't. Just note there just about everything from A-Z, and the difference between this and Premium Multi-Vitamin is the nutrient base. Vitamin Essentials fills the holes left in your daily diet.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Since this is in tablet/softgel forms there is no mixability to judge on. There is no taste unless you leave a tablet in your mouth to long which isn't the best idea. Anyways the dosing protocol is simple..... Take one serving daily with food, I took mine every morning with breakfast. I didn't really look forward to taking so many tablets/softgels but I knew it was health insurance for my body.

----Effectiveness----
      There was a big comparison to Vital 4U Premium Multi Vitamin in terms of overall effectiveness. However they are two different products, I did feel healthier with my allergies and digestion the most. I do get pretty bad allergies around this time of year and felt Vitamin Essentials boosted my immunity to the point I felt completely healthy in that sense. Another noticeable point was my digestion, my bathroom visits were more frequent. Other than these two points of emphasis I didn't feel much else other than maybe a little boost with energy.

----Value----
      A one time purchase of Vital 4U Vitamin Essentials will cost you $35 for 30 servings. If you decided to go the subscription route..... that will save you 5% or $33.25. The one time purchase serving cost is around $1.17 and subscription cost $1.11 per serving. The price point is kind of high while there is only a .06 cent difference per serving between one-time and subscription. As this is more nutrient based when compared to an all-around multivitamin you can find cheaper alternatives or just eat your fruit/veggies. I do understand paying the price if you have health issues or anything else that restricts you from certain foods/drinks.

----Conclusion----
      In conclusion, Vitamin Essentials has a nice profile but I'd spend my money on a more complete multi-vitamin. Maybe if the price point was lower I'd consider buying a tub or two. I want to thank Vital 4U for participating in the SR TROOP Program again and again!
      • Increased Immunity
      • Slight Allergy Relief
      • Nice Profile

(Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      Before I start I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Antidote. I've seen many of their supplements posted for review in the past however this is my first review for them. After seeing other Outbreak Nutrition reviews I had to give something a try and Antidote became available. During the duration of this review I was training 4 to 5 days a week (Powerlifting).

Claim: Outbreak Antidote is the ultimate recovery formula for post-apocalyptic survivors that are pushing their bodies to the limits.

The very firs...

----Ingredient Profile----
      The very first thing I noticed about the ingredient profile was the label transparency. There are a total of four main categories...

Glycogen Replenishment (6000 mg) - Dextrose is absorbed directly through the gut which raises blood sugar and insulin levels. http://www.bodybuilding.com/content/post-workout-carbs.html

Instantized BCAAs (5000 mg total)

Essential Amino Acid Matrix (1000 mg total) 5 ingredients

ActiGin Enhanced Glycogen and Recovery (50 mg) 100% natural sports nutrition ingredient that has shown in cell, animal, and human studies to support enhanced recovery times while providing a small but significant boost to endurance. http://nulivscience.com/actigin/

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Taste - For this review I received the Grape flavor which is one of three available flavors. Although I'm not much of a grape flavor person this was the best tasting grape flavor I've had. (Basically it tasted like Grape Kool-Aid) It wasn't too sweet nor too strong for myself.

Mixability - There were no issues in regards to mixability - basically it dissolved after a few shakes with no settlement or chunks.

Dosing - You can either use Antidote as an Intra or Post workout supplement... For this review I used this basically as an Intra-Workout using two scoops in 16 to 20 oz. of water.

----Effectiveness----
      In terms of effectiveness I truly do believe Antidote helped with my recovery. Used as an Intra-Workout I felt I had more energy/endurance which allowed me to train heavier with less rest times. Usually I feel the most sore two days after training hard which makes the next training session harder..... However that wasn't the case using Antidote, it was anything dramatic but I definitely felt a difference.

----Value----
      Really the only place I could find Outbreak Nutrition Antidote was on their website for $44.99. Each tub contains 60 servings depending on how many scoops you use. However for one scoop (1 serving) your looking at a price around .75 cents which is a bit higher when compared to similar products.

----Conclusion----
      Overall I enjoyed using Antidote and thought it worked well decreasing DOMs and soreness. I noticed I was more recovered during and after training which allowed me to train harder/heavier. Once again I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decreased DOMS
      • Energy
      • Better Recovery
      • A Little Expensive

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
      ----Introduction----
      Before I start I want to thank VMI Sports Nutrition once again for allowing me to review their supplements. I've seen solid results reviewing different products for them in the past and Protolye was no exception. After looking at the profile and needing protein at the time this was a no-brainer for me. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

- Muscle Protein Synthesis
      - Post Workout Recovery
      - Muscle Tissue Growth & Repair
      - Weight Management

----Ingredient Profile----
      The ingredient profile is transpare...

- Muscle Protein Synthesis
      - Post Workout Recovery
      - Muscle Tissue Growth & Repair
      - Weight Management

----Ingredient Profile----
      The ingredient profile is transparent and very similar to other protein powders I've used in the past. However there are some nice surprises added like TRAACS and Electolytes. TRAACS "The Real Amino Acid Chelate System" or in other easier terms.... digestive enzyme complex (Minerals & Electrolytes). The electrolytes is a nice added touch with hydration and recovery following training.

The clean profile includes: (Per Serving)
      - 100 Calories..... 0 from Fat
      - <1g Total Carbs
      - 25g Whey Isolate Protein (Whey protein isolates contain protein concentrations of 90% or higher) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Taste - Currently there are four different flavors of Protolyte and I received the Snickerdoodle flavor. Hands down this was one of the best tasting protein powders I've ever had. This has a nice cinnamon taste that wasn't too light or overpowering "Just Right". I used this for pro-oats and pancakes and the taste remained the same through out. This is one of the few protein poweders I looked forward to drinking after training.

Mixability - There were no issues in regards to mixability..... Never had any clumping or settling at anytime. The powder is so light that it almost seemed to dissolve instantly. I didn't notice any issues either with cooking pancakes.

Dosing - There really isn't a dosing protocol for dosing, I just used when needed following training or hitting my macro goals. Following training I used 1 scoop with 6 to 8 oz of water. In regards to cooking I used one scoop per serving with oats or pancakes.

----Effectiveness----
      I generally judge the effectiveness of a protein powder on 2 things: Digestion and Recovery. In terms of digestion I have some problems... bloating, upset stomach using whey protein powders but I never noticed this with Protolyte. I note the TRAACS and clean profile for keeping my stomach happy throughout the duration of this review. Recovery following training was slightly increased for using a protein powder. I was still sore after heavy lifting days but not like the norm.

----Value----
      The cheapest value I found for a tub of Protolyte 100% Whey Isolate was on Netrition for $29.49. Per serving your looking at a price of $1.18 which isn't bad at all given the clean ingredient profile and effectiveness. If you prefer to buy from the VMI Sports website they are selling for $44.99 and if you're Military you can take 20% off.

----Conclusion----
      Overall this is a winner for me in all areas... Transparent Label, Clean Profile, Effectiveness, 0 Sugar/Fillers. I'm looking forward to buying a few tubs and trying out the other flavors. Once again a big thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tastes Great
      • Better Recovery
      • Mixes Perfectly
      • Affordable
      • Quality Ingredients

(Thanks to Kyäni, Inc. for sending it out!)
        ----Introduction----
        Once again I'd like to thank Kyani for allowing me to review some products. As I stated in my last review I was looking for some different (unique) supplements to try out/review. Kyani Sunset is one of those products, basically an all-natural lipid nutrition supplement. I've taken fish oil and lipid products in the past but really haven't done to much research until now. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

----Ingredient Profile----
        The ingredient profile is basically transparent with the exception of the Omega 3 blend. Two main sources/ingredients in Sunset include the Omega 3 blend and Tocotrienols.

Tocotrienols (Vitamin E) - Members of the Vitamin E Family (Most Potent Form), are natural compounds found in a number of vegetable oils, wheat germ, barley, and certain types of nuts and grains. They posses powerful neuroprotective, antioxidant, anti-cancer and cholesterol lowering properties.

Many of you know what Omega 3s are but for those who don't basically they are healthy fats that have a variety of health benefits. They are incorporated in many parts of the body including cell membranes and play a role in anti-inflammatory processes and in the viscosity of cell membranes.

Other Ingredients Include.....
        Beta-Carotene (5000 IU) - Precursor to Vitamin A aiding in eye and skin health
        Cholecalciferol (400 IU) - Vitamin D-3: Aides in bone health
        Vitamin E (100 MG)

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        In some cases with taking Fish Oils you may get a fishy taste or smell when taking them. This was not the case when taking Kyani Sunset, I also didn't get any kind of fish burps after consumption. In regards to dosing - Take 3 capsules with an evening meal (In my case dinner), evening use is for better t0 maximize bioavailability and absorption according to Kyani.

----Effectiveness----
        In terms of effectiveness this was really effective for me personally. I have a bad habit of biting my nails down, after a few weeks of use I noticed my nails were growing faster and looked healthier. Joint pain and inflammation from past injuries were greatly reduced... I felt like a well oiled machine. I'm sure there were many other great benefits that went un-noticed inside/outside my body.

----Value----
        Due to limited availability the only place I could find Kyani Sunset was on the Kyani website. Each 30 serving bottle (90 capsules) will cost you $42.95 unless you become a Prime member then it's $38.95. Although this is superior to most comparable products your still paying more than $1.30 per serving at Prime. This price point is really really really high for me to consider.

----Conclusion----
        Overall Kyani Sunset is an extremely effective Lipid supplement coming from the most potent ingredients. However the biggest downfall is the price when compared to similar products. If I had extra money to use then I'd definitely invest in my health by buying a few bottles. Nevertheless I want to thank Kyani once again for Participating in the SR TROOP Program.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • No Fishy Taste
        • High Quality
        • Immunity
        • Hair Skin Nails
        • Natural Anti-inflammatory

(Thanks to Kyäni, Inc. for sending it out!)
        ----Introduction----
        Before I start I want to thank Kyani for participating in the SR TROOP Program. This will be my first of two reviews for Kyani (Sunrise & Sunset). I wanted to broaden my horizons and try some different products rather than reviewing the norm. Kyani Sunrise is basically a nutrition/antioxidant blend of Wild Alaskan Blueberries and other Superfoods. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week while on a lean bulk diet.

Claim:
        - Complete Nutrition & Antioxidant Powerhouse

----Ingredient Profile----
        The ingredient profile is pretty much transparent ...

Claim:
        - Complete Nutrition & Antioxidant Powerhouse

----Ingredient Profile----
        The ingredient profile is pretty much transparent except for the Antioxidant Blend (1850 mg). However with so many different ingredients in the Antioxidant Blend I understand why its like that. The main ingredient is Wild Alaskan Blueberry which is known to have a very high antioxidant/nutritious level. In fact, research from NCBI notes: Alaska wild berries have extraordinarily high antioxidant levels due to ORAC (oxygen radical absorption capacity) numbers. The Alaska wild berries collected and tested in the first experiment ranged from 3 to 5 times higher in ORAC value than cultivated berries from the lower 48 states. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3751288/

Along with the Wild Alaskan Blueberries there are other berries, vegetables, Ginseng, Ashwagandha and etc.... Other notable ingredients include Taurine (1000mg), L-Theanine (50mg), Ancient Sea Salt (50mg), Inositol (25mg).

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        Taste - I was curious at first before actually tasting it but it's really not too bad. Pretty much tasted like tart blueberry juice and didn't have a bad after taste. Overall I'd give taste a 8.5/10

Mixability - There is really nothing to mix, however before use I would shake the bottle a few times before use.

Dosing - This was the tricky part for me out of this whole review. The math is simple: Bottle contains 30fl oz and Serving size is 1fl oz. However I had to measure out 1 fl oz using 2 tbsp. It can get messy pouring out of a bottle (basically a wine sized bottle) into a tiny tbsp since I don't have shot glasses or anything else to measure with. Kyani does offer packets for a few dollars more but it might be worth it.

----Effectiveness----
        I do feel this was a "Great" benefit toward my overall health/well-being. There was an occasion where my wife got sick while I didn't and feel like this helped. My mood was more cheerful than usual probably because I just felt better overall all - hard to explain. There was also an all day boost of energy in which it allowed me to get more done. All of this is hard to explain other than just feeling healthier inside and out.

----Value----
        I'm going to use the pricing for the Bottle since that's what Kyani sent me. A bottle of Sunrise on the Kyani website costs $42.95 unless you become a Prime member ($38.95). The price is a bit high but you are getting some extremely effective antioxidant/nutritious ingredients. There aren't too many products to compare this to since most others are Greens supplements. I'd give the value a 7.5/10

----Conclusion----
        In conclusion Kyani Sunrise is a solid blend of nutrients/antioxidants that will help with your overall health/well-being. I recommend this product if you need a healthy boost and you don't get the recommend minerals/vitamins. I'd definitely try this again using the packets they offer and see if that makes a difference. Thanks again to Kyani for allowing me to review some of their products.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Healthy Digestion
        • Immune Booster
        • Great Source Of Nutrients