zbikowski88

• Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by zbikowski88

Overall
Overall
5.6
Thanks to Gold Star Performance for sending it out!
  August 5, 2017

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Inconsistant
  • No Pump
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Underdosing

Before I start I want to thank Gold Star Performance for giving me the opportunity to review New Jack. This is my first time using Gold Star Performance supplements and before the opportunity came along I've never heard of them. I took some time off using stimulants and this looked to be a high stim formula so I decided to try it. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week 2x a day - cardio in the morning and weight training in the evening.

Label Claim: Muscular Strength & Power - "Insert Poop Emojis Here"

The ing...

Label Claim: Muscular Strength & Power - "Insert Poop Emojis Here"

The ingredient profile is a "PROP BLEND" that contains 6 main ingredients totaling 4450mgs per serving. If you're looking for an all-around pwo then this isnt really for you.... this is more of a high stim energy pwo. In each serving your getting 350mgs of Caffeine which to some is high and to others is a good amount. Besides for the hefty caffeine amount, the prop blend is hiding under-dosed ingredients. My guess is they threw in some high stim ingredients to cover up the under dosed ingredients.

New Jack Proprietary Blend (4450mgs) The first three ingredients are common - next three not so much.
L-Citrulline
Beta Alanine
Agmatine Sulfate
2-Amino-5-Methyhexane - DMHA
Synephrine HCL - Alternative to Ephedrine/Fat Burning
Yohimbine HCL - Sexual Performance Enhancer/Fat Burning

Taste - I received the Cotton Candy flavor which is one of four currently available. The flavor tasted like liquid cotton cotton candy- overall not a bad flavor I give it an 8/10.

Mixability - There were no issues with mixability...... I didn't notice any kind of clumping or settlement.

Dosing - I mixed one scoop with 6-8 oz of water about 20 min before my evening training session. If you ask why I took a high stim pwo at night? I have a 3 month old who likes to stay up all night so it didn't really affect me.

In terms of effectiveness I found New Jack to be very very inconsistent. The energy aspect was good as it should be with 350mg caffeine and stim ingredients. I'd say the best aspect from this formula was the thermogenisis, I was sweating like crazy each training session. The label claims muscular strength & power but I didn't notice a lick of that. You can tell there are a lot of underdosed ingredients that are over shadowed by DMHA and Caffeine. There was a sense of increased focus but it wasn't anything over the top.

The cheapest value I could find for a 30 serving tub of New Jack was at Flex It Nutrition for $40 however that was the old formula. If you were to pay $40 for a tub then you'd be paying $1.33 per serving. Too be honest I would rather save my $40 and spend it on something else.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Gold Star Performance New Jack is a very inconsistent pre-workout formula that is under dosed. If you are looking for an all-around pwo then this isn't for you, however if you are looking for a stim rush then this is for you. The prop blend and value really hurt the product (just my thought).

Overall
Thanks to The Genius Brand for sending it out!
  July 27, 2017

• Extra Goodies
  • Effective
  • More Expensive Than Some
  • Residue At The Bottom Of Shaker Cup

Before I start I want to thank The Genius Brand for giving me the opportunity to review Genius BCAA. To be honest I've never heard of this company until I saw some reviews pop in on here. I was on the lookout for some BCAAs to sip during my cardo sessions in the morning. After seeing some reviews and looking at the ingredient profile I decided to give it a shot. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week 2x a day - cardio in the mornings and weight training in the evenings.

Highlight: Fermented BCAAs + Attention & Memory

----Ingredient Profi...

Highlight: Fermented BCAAs + Attention & Memory

The ingredient profile contains ten main ingredients with dosages that are all transparent.... meaning no prop blend. One of the best parts of the ingredient profile is that it contains NO artificial flavors, colors or dyes. You get the standard 5g of BCAAs 2:1:1 ratio but they are InstAMINOS, what does that mean for you? You get pure consistent aminos without the weird stuff like hair. http://www.compoundsolutions.com/instaminos.html

On top of the Amino Acid profile The Genius Brand throws in 3g of L-Glutamine for added recovery. There are focus ingredients like Citicholine and Rhodiola rosea added along with a small amount of caffeine 100mg. I didn't really care for the caffeine either way since I trained in the mornings. However I can see if that would be an issue for some who don't use caffeine.

Overall the ingredient profile is pretty solid, no weird ingredients.... just ones proven to work.

Taste - The only flavor available is Power Orange, and like the other reviewers I didn't care too much for the taste. Its a give or take with ingredients if you go with all natural ingredients so I really can't dock it too much.

Mixability - There were some issues with mixability, there was a ton of foam. I expected some foam but not this much, you have to drink half a bottle of foam before you get to any liquid. Because of the foaming there was some residue/settlement that was left over.

Dosing - I mixed one scoop in about 20 oz of water and sipped on during fasted cardio sessions.

In terms of effectiveness this was one of the most effective BCAA supplements I have used. I believe there was a carry over from using this in the morning and transferring over to weight training at night. I had less/fewer doms during/following training which allowed me to train harder. My endurance during cardio sessions was also boosted with the added benefit of 100mg of natural caffeine and cognitive enhancers. I absolutely dread cardio sessions, however I had to added focus to get through them when compared to not drinking Genius BCAA.

If your a stim junkie this may not be a bad option to use as a pwo if your training in the evening. With only 100mg of natural caffeine your still getting enough energy to get you through a workout but a low enough dosage to not keep you up all night. I do understand that some may not like the added addition of caffeine for various reasons.... if you have a low tolerance with stims I suggest taking this in the morning or afternoon.

In regards to value, this is pretty expensive..... for 21 servings your paying around $35 on Amazon. There are some perks of being an Amazon Prime member like free shipping however that doesn't justify the price for me. I also saw some discount codes for 25-30% off bringing the value down to around $25. I wouldn't mine paying up if there were 30 servings in a tub, 21 servings isn't a round number and doesn't seem right to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Genius BCAA is a great product worth recommending for everyone. There are some added benefits with energy and cognitive focus ingredients. I do like the all natural feel of this product, yes the taste isn't for everyone but at least you know what your drinking. Thanks again to The Genius Brand for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Overall
Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 23, 2017

• Increased Performance
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Informed Choice Certified
  • Powder Clumps Up In Tub
  • Slightly Expensive

Before I start my review I would like to thank Dymatize for giving me the opportunity to try out PRE W.O. I've used Dymatize supplements in the past, usually it was their Gourmet and Elite proteins because they were always on sale. I took a few weeks off from using stims so I was excited to have to grab a tub after seeing the ingredient profile. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week 2x a day - cardio in the morning and weight training in the evening.

The ingredient profile contains 9 main ingredients that are so...

The ingredient profile contains 9 main ingredients that are solidly dosed for effectiveness. Another great aspect with this ingredient profile is that everything is transparent... I know exactly what I'm taking. Citrulline Malate leads off with a whopping 8g where as others are usually dosed around 6g. Next you get a full dose of beta-alanine at 3.2g.

Caffeine is dosed at 300mg which is usually my sweet spot with pre-workouts. I even had the thought it might be a little much considering I took time off from using stims. Along with the caffeine is a hefty dose (125mg) of TeaCrine.... one of the highest dosages I have used to date. There is not a lot wrong with this profile, however one thing I noticed in which smashley23 pointed out - taurine and beta-alanine may interfere with each other.

Taste - For this review I received the Handspun Cotton Candy flavor which tasted like sour cotton candy. It wasn't the worst tasting nor the best tasting pre-workout I've had. I don't judge a pre-workout much on taste..... more on effectiveness since I can usually chug it down.

Mixability - When I received my tub the powder inside was rock hard like concrete. After a few shakes of the tub some of the powder came loose but throughout the tub it stayed hard. Because of this there was some major clumping - major chunks, however once it was mixed with water it wasn't too bad.

Dosing - I mixed one scoop with about 10 oz of water and taken 20 min before training.

I used Dymatize PRE W.O. once a day before training sessions. For the first 3 days I took 1/2 a scoop before my morning workout then another 1/2 for my evening workout. To be honest I didn't feel much but I wanted to start off slow, following that I took 1 scoop. I either had it in the morning or the night, really depending on the next days scheduling. Since I knew I was going to be up all night with the baby, having pre-workout in the evening wasn't bad.

Once I used 1 scoop before training it took about 20-30 min to kick in. Once it kicked in I had clean energy throughout my entire workout without a crash. For having 8g of Citrulline Malate I thought I would get some great pumps..... only to get "good" pumps. I was expecting a bit more for that category but there was a slight increase.

Another great aspect was the extra electrolytes I was getting from the Coconut Water Fruit Powder. Training in my garage in 90-100 degree heat really takes a beating on me and usually dehydrated at the end of training. I noticed my slight headaches were gone and I felt generally better during training.

The cheapest value I could find for a 20 serving tub of PRE W.O was for around $39. Although this is a good pre-workout with solid dosages I don't think it warrants a price of $2 a serving. I could see myself paying around $1.50-$1.75 a serving or so but not too much more.

Side Effects

Beta-Alanine tingles

Conclusion

In conclusion Dymatize PRE W.O. is a great overall pre-workout that has just about everything you need. I would recommend this to everyone and its good to see a more complete pre-workout when compared to concentrates or high stims.

Overall
Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  July 21, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Stim Free
  • Appetite Suppression
  • Thermogenic Feel
  • Enhances Definition
  • Burns Fat
  • No Label Dosages

Once again I would like to thank EvoMuse for giving me this opportunity. This is my second review of their products with the first being SlinTensity - you can find it here: https://supplementreviews.com/evomuse/slintensity-1/review/feel-better-diet-evomuse-53984 I used both of these supplements as part of a lean build stack. During this review I was training 5 days a week twice a day. In the mornings I did fasted cardio and in the evening I did weight training. My diet was based on high protein/fat content with low carbs..... One cheat meal per week.

Claim: BRITE crank...

Claim: BRITE cranks up your body's thermogenic capacity, causing your fat cells to constantly use fatty acids to generate heat, increasing metabolic rate and using pure fat as fuel.

The ingredient profile contains 9 different ingredients however there is no single or blend dosages. I'm not sure if it was supposed to be like that or if it was a mishap on their part. Anyways this was kind of concerning since I like to know what exactly I'm putting in my body.

Here are four ingredients that are in BRITE that people may not know much about.

Bitter Melon Seed Oil - A climbing shrub cultivated mainly in Bangladesh, India, China, and Korea, mostly in Asian countries. The most common traditional use is to help fight diabetes in different countries - Recent studies have shown to be beneficial with lowering body weight and composition. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4306384/

Perilla Seed Oil - A good source of polyunsaturated fatty acids (PUFAs) and the seed contains omega 3 fatty acid alpha-linolenic acid (ALA) 54-64%.

Borage Oil - Has been used as a treatment for various degenerative diseases: attributed to its high gamma linolenic acid content (GLA, 18:3 -6). Has shown to decrease body fat mass accumulation especially with high-fat diets. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11079375

Korean Pine Nut Oil - Contains approximately 15% of pinolenic acid (C18:3)- capable of releasing satiety hormones in humans and thereby having an effect on appetite sensations. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2322999/

Taste - Absolutely one of the worst tasting supplements I have tried in a long long time. Yes it does have a mint flavor, however if you like chemically tasting mint that stays in your throat for minutes at a time then this is for you. Be sure not to eat or especially drink anything right after.... I made that mistake.

Mixability - None already in liquid form.

Dosing - Squirt 2 pumps into your mouth 3 times a day and swallow. Another thing that bugged me was the wording and usage of a pump bottle. The wording suggests using "approximately" 2 pumps... Not knowing exactly the dosage each time makes you wonder how many servings your actually using.

In terms of effectiveness I did notice a feel different things using BRITE that were different from SlinTensity (stacked the 2)

Appetite Suppression - This was the most effective part of using BRITE.... I didn't have those hated cravings between meals or in the evening. Especially helpful when you are following macros.

Thermogenic - There was a feeling of thermogenisis especially during my fasted cardio sessions. I noticed I was sweating more and had that warm feeling thoughout the day.

Bloating/Water Weight - With the amount of water I drank there really was no issue with bloating or having a feeling of carrying around extra water weight.

The cheapest value I could find for a bottle of EvoMuse BRITE was for around $39 on the EvoMuse website. There were other online retailers that were selling them for around $32 but they were out of stock. With a total of 30 day supply if following the dosage protocol then each day will cost you around $1.30. I feel like this is really expensive when compared to other stim free weight-loss products.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion EvoMuse BRITE is a good stim-free weight loss product..... however I believe there needs to be some changes to bring BRITE to the next level. First off was the label, yes ingredients are listed but there were no dosages given even a total blend dosage wasn't given. Next there needs to a a change with the flavor, I don't mind mint but chemically tasting mint is a different story. Finally the price is a little high, maybe if I knew some kind of dosage I could have a better knowledge of price.

Overall
Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  July 21, 2017

• Open Label
  • Standardized Extracts
  • Hard To Evaluate The Dosages

Before I start I want to thank EvoMuse for giving me the opportunity to review two of their supplements. I decided to try a stack of Slintensity and BRITE as part of a lean build. Before using these two supplements I have used a couple EvoMuse products in the past but its been a long long time. Since my daily schedule has drastically changed since having my first child, my workouts are a bit different. In the morning I get 30 min or so to do fasted cardio and another hour or 1:30 in the evening to weight train. My diet while using this stack was high protein/fat and lower carbs depending on the day.

Claim: Designed to help drive more nutrients into the muscle cells and away from fat, the idea behind SlinTensity is to make every meal more anabolic.

The ingredient profile is a mixture of 6 different ingredients with many you may have never heard of. I could go on and on about the ingredients and fill up this review with 500 more words. However NutraPlanet actually goes in depth about each ingredient and giving you the differences this product gives you when your on a specific kind of diet. Check it out here: https://nutraplanet.com/products/evomuse-slintensity-60-cap/

Taste - There really isn't a taste to judge since these are in capsule form.

Mixability - No mixability to judge on either..... however the capsules are really easy to swallow.

Dosing - Slintensity works well even if your on a low or high carb diet. During this review I was on a low carb diet, usually having most of my carbs before my second workout in the evening. I took a single capsule 20-30 minutes before your targeted meal (dinner). A second capsule can be added if the carbohydrate content of the meal exceeds 60g (usually the case for that meal).

In terms of effectiveness I noticed a few different things.....
-Leaner body composition
-Had more energy throughout the day
-Better bathroom trips ( no need to explain unless you really want to know)
-Felt better mentally

As I said in the introduction I was using Slintensity as part of an EvoMuse stack with BRITE. It took about two weeks for me to feel and notice any kind of results. I started noticing a leaner body composition especially around my mid-section losing 6lbs in total after 30 days. In the effectiveness column I said I felt better mentally which was very true. I didn't feel bad after a high carb session or having a cheat meal once a week. Because of this thought I had a better mood throughout the day and with carbs a burnin I had extra energy which is nice when you watch a new born through out the day.

The cheapest value I could find was for around $25 on a variety of different online retailers. Each bottle contains 60 capsules (.42 cents per capsule) - the value really depends on how you use Slintensity. I used 2 capsules a day (.84 cents) which lasted me 30 days. For other users SlinTensity may last as long as 60 days. When compared to other nutrient partitioners the price seems to be in the same boat.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion I thought SlinTensity was a "good" nutrient partitioner. f your diet is one point and you have a sound training program then you'll notice good things from this supplement. For the price I'd recommend giving SlinTensity a try if your looking to lean out or feel better about your diet situation. Thanks again to EvoMuse!

Thanks to Vaxxen Labs for sending it out!
  June 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Endurance
  • Pumps
  • Razor Focus
  • Tunnel Vision

Before I start I want to thank Vaxxen Labs for giving me the opportunity to review Fulcrum. This was the first I've heard of this company, however when I saw the ingredient profile I had to give it a shot. One of the reasons this ingredient profile enticed me was because it had a fully transparent label with solid dosages. A lot of new pre-workout formulas share common ingredients however there was some with Fulcrum I've never tried before.

- Clean, Long-Lasting Energy
- Cognitive Enhancement
- Nitric Oxide Production

As noted i...

- Clean, Long-Lasting Energy
- Cognitive Enhancement
- Nitric Oxide Production

As noted in the introduction, Fulcrum has a fully transparent label (no prop blends) with around 13 main ingredients. Each ingredient serves a purpose and this profile contains everything your looking for: Energy/Pumps/Focus. Many of the ingredients can be found in other pre-workout supplements with a few I've never heard of until use.

Oxystorm (Red Spinach Extract) 500mg: According to its makers - It's an extract of Amaranthus dubius (Red Spinach) which has more than five times the amount of nitrate as beetroot powder and more than 50 times beet juice. http://www.plthealth.com/oxystorm

Halostachine 20mg: Compared to the chemical structure of Ephedrine - A mild sympathomimetic agent that also acts as a partial adrenergic binding agent. http://med.stanford.edu/kobilkalab/pdf/YaoNCB06.pdf

Huperzia Serrata 300mcg: A species of fir clubmoss that contains Huperzine A (HupA) a cognitive enhancer. https://www.onnit.com/huperzia-serrata

More common highlights of the formula includes:
- 4g Citrulline Malate
- 2.5g Beta Alanine
- 350mg Caffeine
- 150mg 2-aminoisheptane (Similar to DMAA/AMP Citrate)

Taste - Vaxxen Labs currently offers only one flavor which is Bombsicle. My guess is that it's supposed to taste like the popsicles??? If so there is no correlation at all between the two. This was hands down one of the worst tasting pre-workouts I've had in a long long time. However I don't judge pre-workouts all by taste since many great tasting ones were not effective. In this case the effectiveness made up for the bad taste in a big way.

Mixability - For the most part Fulcrum mixed well, there was no settlement or clumps at anytime. In some instances there was a little foam at the top but that was all.

Dosing - In regards to dosing I mixed one scoop with 8 oz. of water and drank it about 20 min before training. Due to the taste I would chug it down and usually have a chaser of Gatorade or Powerade ready.

Overall this was had all-around effectiveness in the main categories you're looking for in a pre-workout:

Focus (8.5/10) I didn't quite get tunnel focus every session but I did on occasion. Although I don't need much focus lifting in a garage gym, I could definitely feel it improved.

Energy (9/10) This has to be my favorite category with Fulcrum. The added stim ingredients were a nice touch and dosed well. There was never a crash of energy in fact it stayed strong though the entire workout. A keyword that WarMachine used in his review that meshes well: "Consistent"

Pumps (9/10) The pumps are definitely noteworthy - I looked like a road map of vascularity on arm and leg days. My muscles felt like over inflated balloons which is never a bad thing when training.

The cheapest value I could find was on the Vaxxen Labs website for $39.99. Per serving your looking at around $1.60 (25 servings). However I did notice they offered a 25% off coupon making the price $30 or $1.20 which is more of a price worth paying for a pre-workout supplement. The 25% off coupon is for first responders/military personnel/college students which is a nice touch.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this was an extremely effective pre-workout once you get past the bad taste. I'd recommend this to users who have experienced using stims and not for beginners. This has everything your looking for in a pre-workout supplement! I look forward to trying out other products from Vaxxen Labs in the very near future.

Overall
Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
  June 4, 2017

• Great Mixability
  • Taste Good
  • Great Recovery

Before I start I want to thank MyProtein once again for giving me the opportunity to review some of their products. MyProtein is usually my go to spot when I need protein powders. This was the first I've heard of The Whey, usually I normally buy Impact Whey. There are a few differences between the two whey products... The Whey has 4 more grams of protein per serving, .5g more BCAAs with the additions of AMINOGEN and DigeZyme. During the duration of this review I was training when I could usually 3-4 days per week. However I was keeping up with my diet and meeting my macro requirements.

-Ultra Premium Blend
    -Buils/Lean/Tone
    -Enhances Recovery

The Whey contains 25g of Whey Protein featuring a blend of Whey Isolate, Concentrate, Hydrolysate. On top of the 25g of protein per serving your getting 120 kcals with 14 from fat (1.5g of fat) and 2g of carbs.

Isolate - Contain protein concentrations of 90% and higher - significant removal of fat.
    Concentrate - Contain protein concentrations of 80% and higher with more biological active components than isolate.
    Hydrolysate - Provides di and tri-peptides: broken down by heat or acid making this very fast digesting.

This product also delivers Aminogen and DigeZyme:
    Aminogen - Protein digesting enzyme that is added to protein powders.
    DigeZyme - Multi Enzyme complex that helps break down carbs, lactose, cellulostic fibers, fats and proteins. Digezyme.com

Currently MyProtein offers 4 different flavors and I received the chocolate fudge flavor. You really can't mess up a chocolate flavor so it was pretty good - tasted like Nesquick to me. I didn't really notice any issues with mixability when it came to shakes and cooking. Yes I said cooking, I used this in a variety of ways to include making: Pro-Oats, Muffins, Pancakes and Shakes. There needs to be some variety when it comes to meeting macro requirements otherwise it can get bland real quick.

There really isn't a dosing protocol, TheWhey can be used anytime in the morning, afternoon and night to meet macro-requirements or help with recovery before/following a training session. I sticked to using this after training and throughout the day to meet protein requirements whether if it was having a shake or as a snack.

It can be hard to judge the effectiveness of a protein powder in general but I seemed to have noticed quite a few things right away. The biggest takeaway for myself was that there were no digestive issues, I'm contributing that to the digestive enzymes they added. By following my macros using TheWhey I felt as if I had more fuel to burn throughout the day and helped me get through the work day. Recovery was also significantly better, there were less issues with DOMs following training and the days after. I had the feeling I could up the intensity each workout without feeling exhausted or sore from the last one.

TheWhey comes in 2 different sizes: 30 or 60 servings depending on your needs. Since they sent me the 60 serving tub I'll use the price point for that. Currently MyProtein sells the 60 serving tub for $55 or around .92 cents per serving. MyProtein offers so many different kind of discount codes including one right now for 30% off your entire order using code 30EVERYTHING. I find this to be a great deal when compared to other blended protein powders that you can buy.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Once again MyProtein hit a HOMERUN with TheWhey when it comes to effectiveness and price. I highly recommend giving this product a try and I know I most definitely will. This is great all around to meet macro requirements, increase recovery, build strength all while tasting good! Thanks again to MyProtein for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Overall
    Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      May 28, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Felt Healthy While On
    • No Prop Blends
    • Better Digestion
    • Liver Protection
    • Needs A Few Extras

Before I start I want to thank VMI Sports for giving me this opportunity to review Cycle Guard. I have done quite a few different reviews for VMI Sports Nutrition in the past. From those past reviews I knew this was going to be a pretty solid product. I used Cycle Guard while I was on a one month cycle reviewing Abnormal. During the duration of this review I was at the peak of a powerlifting cycle training 5 days a week.

-LIVER & ORGAN SUPPORT

-LIVER & ORGAN SUPPORT
    -DETOXIFY & CLEANSE
    -ANTIOXIDANT PROTECTION
    -ON & OFF CYCLE PROTECTION

The ingredient profile for Cycle Guard is fully transparent containing 6 main ingredients. Each of the ingredients are all natural and used to help protect/cleanse your liver and organs.

Milk Thistle Extract 225mg- Evidence exists that milk thistle may be hepatoprotective through a number of mechanisms: antioxidant activity, toxin blockade at the membrane level, enhanced protein synthesis, antifibriotic activity, and possible anti-inflammatory or immunomodulating effects. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK11896/

NAC 200mg- (N-acetyl-cysteine) NAC is a precursor to the amino acid cysteine, cysteine participates in the general antioxidant activities of the body.

Kudzu Root Extract 200mg- Has been shown to reduce, but not eliminate, alcohol consumption with alcohol abuse. Been known in Chinese Medicine to treat alcohol intoxication for centuries. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3074930/

Turmeric Extract 100mg- Turmeric is a plant that has a long history of medicinal use (1000's of years): Turmeric extracts can scavenge free radicals, increase antioxidant enzymes, and inhibit lipid peroxidation. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK92752/

Artichoke Leaf Extract 100mg- Supports healthy liver function and bile production (essential for liver health).

Milk Thistle Extract 75mg- Same as above ^

For dosing I took 2 capsules once a day with food/meal (breakfast). You should be taking a supplement like this around the same time each day. Each bottle contains 30 servings - you can cycle up to 8 weeks time.

As other reviewers noted.... it can be hard to judge the effectiveness of a product like this. However I did notice some signs that Cycle Guard was doing its job while I was on a PH cycle. When compared to being on cycles in the past I felt an overall increase in well being in general. Meaning better digestion, less inflammation, no heartburn, etc- basically everything was functioning as it should.

The cheapest value I could find was for around $20 a bottle. Each capsule costs around .33 cents or .66 cents per serving. Whether your on a pro-hormone cycle or looking to cleanse your body I believe this is an ok price. Its not an all around cycle guard when compared to others (joint support, bp support, etc). If your looking for an all-around cycle guard your going to be paying a few bucks more. It may or may not be worth it depending on your needs.

VMI does offer a military discount (20% discount) on their website!

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this is a solid choice if your looking for a liver cleanse or using a mild pro-hormone. I'd pony up and pay a few bucks extra if I was using harsher PH compounds for better all-around support. Once again I want to thank VMI Sports Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Overall
    Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
      May 20, 2017

• Improves Recovery
    • Hydration

Before I start I would like to thank RSP for giving me the opportunity to review Regen BCAA. This is the first time I've tried an RSP product but not the first time I've heard of them. I decided to give Regen BCAA a try because I train in my garage here in Florida and its critical to stay hydrated in the heat with the added benefit of increased recovery times. During the duration of this review I was training 4 to 5 days a week usually after work (mid-afternoon) focusing on powerlifting movements.

Highlights
      - 6g of BCAAs
      - Supports increased circulation and nutrient ...

Highlights
      - 6g of BCAAs
      - Supports increased circulation and nutrient transport
      - Electrolytes for optimal hydration
      - Great taste and solubility
      - Caffeine and sugar free

The ingredient profile is fairly simple similar to many BCAA products with a few ingredient additions. There is a 2:1:1 BCAA Blend consisting of 3g Leucine, 1.5g Isoleucine and 1.5g Valine. Next there are a few ingredients added for hydration purposes to include:

10mg Magnesium Citrate
      47mg Sodium Citrate
      105mg Potassium Chloride

These electrolytes are substances that dissociate in solution and have the ability to conduct an electrical current. They play an important role in maintaining homeostasis (activity of cells/organs). https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/7965369

Also included is 1g of Citrulline Malate - Not sure what the added benefit of 1g of CM is other than for minor nutrient transport/delivery. Raw Coconut Water Concentrate 250mg is added for hydration purposes.

For this review I received the Watermelon flavor which is four current flavors available. The taste wasn't bad considering how sweet it tasted to me but it did become a little bland over time. There was some clumping near the top of my shaker from time to time from undissolved powder. Besides for that, I didn't notice any other mixability issues. For dosing I used 1 to 2 servings per training day depending on the heat outside and the type of workout I was doing. In that regard I basically used this as an intra-workout for the benefit of hydration since I train in the mid-afternoon.

I'm judging the effectiveness of Regen BCAA on two aspects: Hydration and Recovery. I noticed an increase in hydration levels because of one simple thing.... pee color. From that alone I know that I was getting enough electrolytes/hydration to get me through training in the heat. There might have been some increased recovery considering I didn't feel as tired between work sets. However I still had the usual DOMs a day or two following specific training but I will say it still improved recovery.

The cheapest value I could find was on Bodybuilding.com where they are offering a buy 1 get 1 free promotion. They are selling 30 servings (pomegranate flavor) for $19.97 while receiving another 30 serving tub for free.

On the RSP website they are selling 50 serving tubs in all of the flavors for $22. If you subscribe to the monthly-auto-ship program you receive an additional 10% off. https://rspnutrition.com/product/regen-bcaa/

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this was a solid BCAA supplement that did its job. I don't use BCAAs often but this worked great as an intra-workout. Just from the hydration aspect alone I would recommend giving Regen BCAA a shot. Thanks again to RSP for participating in the SR TROOP program.

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
        May 17, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Digestion
      • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
      • Low Carb
      • Independent Lab Tested
      • Low Fat
      • Delicious

I want to thank MyProtein for giving me this opportunity to review Impact Whey Isolate. I've used many MyProtein supplements and continue to use them today. This was the first time I've tried Impact Whey Isolate, usually I buy Impact Whey in the 5.5 or 11lbs pouches due to the price per serving. As with most protein reviews they are hard to gauge the overall effectiveness, so I'll judge by digestion.

Impact Whey Isolate - 90% superior-quality protein

Impact Whey Isolate - 90% superior-quality protein

Chocolate Smooth Flavor: Whey Protein Isolate (Milk) (91%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Cocoa Powder, Flavoring, Sweetener (Sucralose)

The ingredient profile is as simple as it comes..... you're getting 21g of Whey Protein Isolate. Whey protein isolates are one of the purest concentrations available of 90% or higher. With isolate protein there is a large removal of fat and lactose which leads to Impact Whey Isolate only having just 1% fat.

This has also been tested through LABDOOR (Grade A) with a score of 91.2/100. Total protein was measured at 87.6g per 100g of product. A 25g serving will yield 21.9g protein, 4.3% over its label claim. You can check out the report here https://labdoor.com/review/myprotein-impact-whey-isolate/report

Taste (9/10) - MyProtein offers dozens of different flavors to include an un-flavored version. You really cant go to wrong with a chocolate flavor (Chocolate Smooth). Basically this tasted a lot like nesquik and the flavor never got bland from beginning to end.

Mixability (8/10) - There weren't a whole lot of issues in regards to mixability. When using my shaker there weren't any issues, however when using a spoon there seemed to be some clumping near the top. In both cases I used about 8 oz of water.

Dosing (10/10) - There really isn't any kind of protocol here, its a protein powder. During this review I had one serving after training and another serving later in the day to fulfill my protein macros.

As noted above it can be pretty hard to gauge the effectiveness of a protein powder. I didn't notice any kind of digestive issues that can come from whey protein. Another area where this was effective: filling my macros. This is easy to use whether your drinking it or using it to bake with (pancakes, oatmeal, brownies, use your imagination.)

Since this review is for the 2.2lbs bag I'm going to use that price point. The cheapest value I could find was on the MyProtein website for around $30. There are 40 servings so your paying around .75 cents. However there are a freaking ton of discount codes out there if you just search online. Going right to the Impact Whey Isolate page on MyProtein they have a discount code for up to 33% off. If 2.2lbs isn't enough there are also: 5.5 and 11lbs bags available.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion I highly recommend using MyProtein Impact Whey Isolate! It has passed the test with independent testing and its hard to beat the price of a protein this clean. These reasons and more...... are why I continue to use MyProtein when I need to buy protein.