zbikowski88

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by zbikowski88

Thanks to Condemned Labz for sending it out!
  October 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Transparent Label
  • Focus
  • Possible Bad Side Effects
  • Nausea Sometimes

Before I start I want to thank Condemned Labz for participating in the SR TROOP Program. This was the first time I've ever heard of them and first time trying out one of their products. I consider myself to have a pretty high stim-tolerance. I was on the lookout for something high-stim one last time before I was going to start a PH cycle. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week 2x a day (morning/night).

Convict Stim is a "POWERFUL" stim filled pre-workout that is designed to increase energy, focus, pumps and endurance. The label is fully transparent with 11 main ingredients. Each serving (11.5 g) has: 4g L-Citrulline, 2.5g Beta Alanine: thats it for the basics. On to the STIMS/NOOTROPICS.... 50mg Higenamine "Fat-Burning", 300mg Caffeine, 225mg 2-Aminoisoheptane (DMHA), 50mg Noopept "Nootropic", 3mg Yohimbine HCL "Fat Loss/Sex Drive". As for the rest of the ingredients: 500mg L-Tyrosine (Precursor to L-Dopa), 15mg Grains of Paradise (powerful thermogenic) and 5mg Bioperine. As you can see this is a pretty hardcore ingredient list filled with stimulants.

Taste - For this review I received the Green Apple flavor which is one of two (other being fruit punch) currently available. The taste wasn't bad, it reminded me of a green jolly rancher.

Mixability - No issues what-so-ever with mixing - no clumping or settlement.

Dosing - I started off with 1/2 a scoop and kept it there for the most part. There were a few instances where I tried one scoop. I mixed 1 scoop with 8 oz of water about 2o min before training.

This formula is definitely effective, maybe too effective? Even on 1/2 scoop I noticed an huge increase with my energy levels however I did feel sluggish after it wore off. There was definitely a ton of sweating, I could ring out my clothes after training sessions. I don't mind the heavy sweating as long as i stayed hydrated. My focus was through the roof, nothing could stop me during training. With all of the good comes the bad, there were a few instances where I was worried about a rapid heartbeat and even threw up twice. There were some instances of feeling jitters to the point where I had to stop training. If you have an extremely high-stim tolerance you may not have bad side effects.

The cheapest value I could find was for around $40 on illpumpyouup.com - Each tub contains 25 servings. Per serving your paying a price of around $1.60 which is way over priced. I don't know too many people who would pay that kind of price for a pre-workout supplement. I could see someone paying $30-32 for a tub.

Side Effects

Definitely a lot of sweating, some jitterness, felt sick a few times.

Conclusion

This is definitely an extremely powerful formula, so powerful I noticed some retailers decided to stop carrying it. You definitely don't want to take this if your a drug tested athlete as there are some banned substances hence the name Convict. This pre-workout wasn't for me, other users may have a better experience than I had. Once again I want to thank Condemned Labz for giving me this opportunity.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 5, 2017

• Filling
  • Helps Recovery Over Night
  • Great Mixability

A HUGE thanks to Dymatize for giving me the opportunity to review Elite Casein. I've used a lot of Dymatize supplements through out the years however this was my first time using Elite Casein. Dymatize isn't a company built on marketing gimmicks, its built on quality products/supplements. I like to change my sources of protein from time to time and thought it was a good time to use a casein supplement.

There isn't much to the ingredient profile but everything I see is quality stuff. Each serving (35g) your getting: 25g Protein, 5.4g BCAAs, 2.3g Leucine with only 130 total calories with 15 calories from fat. Dymatize goes as far and breaks down the Amino Acid Profile: 44% EAAs 11.3g, 31% CEAAs 7.8g (Glutamine 5.1g), 25% NON-EAAs 6.2g.

Taste - I received the Cinnamon Bun flavor which is one of four flavors currently available. I expected nothing less from Dymatize.... this tasted like a real cinnamon bun in liquid form. By far the top 2 or 3 best tasting protein "all sources" supplements I've tried. It can be a little hard to chug down as it gets real thick after mixing.

Mixability - Overall I had no issues what-so-ever with mixability. There wasn't any clumping or settlement.... Sometimes theres a gritty feeling with Casein sources and that was not the case. It mixes up real thick and made it more like a meal than a snack to my stomach.

Dosing - I took 1 to 1.5 scoops right before I went to bed for the night. You can use it anytime but I've noticed the best usage for myself was at night.

Elite Casein was a really effective supplement.... I took 1-1.5 scoops right before bed and felt I had better recovery the next morning. The only negative was waking up a few times in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. However in terms of recovery I noticed a reduction in DOMs and soreness the next day. Because of its thickness I felt more full throughout the night and into the morning. As with most protein sources derived from dairy (milk) it can upset your stomach and cause digestion issues. There were no issues at all using Elite Casein.

The cheapest value I could find for a 4LB tub of Elite Casein was on allstarhealth.com for around $45. My tub contained 51 total servings and cost per serving it right around .88 cents. In my opinion this is a great value for a Casein Protein that uses quality ingredients.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Dymatize continues to impress with their product line. This hit all of the marks and was very effective whether it was in terms of recovery or meeting macros. For under $1 a serving you really can't go wrong, plus you can find this at most supplement retailers online or in star. Once again I want to thank Dymatize for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
      September 29, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cleansing Benefits
    • Immunity Enhancement
    • Taste Takes Getting Used To

I want to thank Magnum Nutraceuticals once again for giving me this opportunity to review Performance Greens. I for one know for sure I'm not getting eating/drinking enough fruits and vegetables just like many others out there. Its a huge undertaking just to buy eat enough daily let alone getting in all of these important nutrients. I know multi-vitamins don't cut it so I look for other ways to get the greens in. I'm always on the look out for greens supplements, I've had good experiences in the past seeing increased energy, ph balance, better digestion... you name it.
    ...

- ORGANIC GREENS
    - PHYTONUTRIENT BLEND
    - DETOX AND CLEANSE
    - OPTIMAL ATHLETIC PERFORMANCE

HOLY LONG LISTED INGREDIENT PROFILE! There has to be about 100 (ok maybe less but it looks like it) different ingredients. The surprising thing about this is the transparent profile (kudos to Magnum). I know WarMachine noted there are 6 different complexes on the profile however mine was one giant listing. If you go on the Magnum Nutraceuticals website they break down the complexes there: http://www.hardmagnum.com/product/performance-greens

The 1st ingredient noted (highest dosage as well) is Lecithin (2038 mg). Lecithin is an essential fat that has the ability to lower LDL cholesterol: it can be found in foods such as egg yolks. It would take forever to go through every phytonutrient listed but each of them have their own unique benefit for the body.

Taste - For this review I received the Wild Berry flavor... Although it takes some getting used to its still better tasting than most Greens supplements out on the market. I had to find the right combination to mix it with and for me it was cranberry juice. There is still an after taste no matter the mixing combination but like the taste its not as bad as others.

Mixability - There was some minor clumping from time to time but other than that I didn't have any issues.

Dosing - I dosed Performance Greens with 8-12 oz of juice (1 scoop) and chugged it with my breakfast.

Overall I was pleased with the effectiveness from using Performance Greens. The biggest thing I noticed was the change to my bowel movements, I was using the bathroom more like a cleanse would. There was a distinct color and smell to my pee using Performance Greens and went away after I stopped using it.

My overall well-being through out the day especially my energy/mood was heightened. It wasn't a huge increase but it was enough to notice. Another aspect that aided my energy/mood was the improved sleep through the night. Although I'm a stay at home dad and my son wakes me up I felt more rested when I woke up in the morning.

The cheapest value I could find for a 30 serving tub of Performance Greens was around $30. I found this price at Bodybuilding.com and Amazon. Overall I don't think this is a bad value considering its only around $1 a serving. Magnum does make a 60 serving tub and I think it would be wise to go with the bigger size since its under $1 a serving. Its worth the investment for those who know for sure they aren't getting enough phytonutrients in their daily diet.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion I give Performance Greens a thumbs up and recommend it to those looking to add phytonutrients to their diet. Although the taste isn't the best its still better than most and you'll notice an improvement to your overall health. Once again I want to thank Magnum Nutraceuticals for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Thanks to AthElite Nutrition for sending it out!
      September 28, 2017

• Fully Disclosed Profile
    • Good Strength Aspect
    • Extremely Expensive
    • Half Clinical Dosage Of Beta Alanine
    • Inconsistent Results
    • Poor Taste

Before I start I want to thank Athel1te Nutrition for allowing me to review Train. I've never heard of this company until they listed Train in the TROOP Program. What intrigued me about this pre-workout was its certification by Informed Sport for having no banned substances per WADA. Most of the ingredients are natural and another big reason I chose Train was because there was zero artificial flavors or sweeteners.

Highlights:
    - Informed Sport certified to be free of banned substances per the World Anti Doping Agency's (WADA) Prohibited List for Olympic athletes
    - Zer...

Highlights:
    - Zero artificial flavors or sweeteners
    - Only ingredients your body can use, nothing it can't
    - Formulas based on university-studied ingredients at dosages proven safe and effective
    - Committed to consumer safety that exceeds regulatory standards through Nutravigilance

As noted by Athel1te there are no banned substances which is a great thing if your an athlete getting tested on the regular. On top of that the ingredient profile is fully transparent with all dosages shown. The ingredient profile is hit or miss with dosages..... some dosages are well under dosed (Beta-Alanine 1.6 G) while some are dosed well (L-Theanine 250mg). Also there are a few big ingredients missing like Citrulline Malate.

Taste - The Cherry Limeade taste was absolutely awful... I get the all natural flavoring and can appreciate that part of it but at times it was too bitter.

Mixability - I didn't really have any issues in regards to mixing. There was some settlement at the bottom from Creatine Monohydrate but nothing a few shakes in the shaker didn't fix.

Dosing - For dosing I mixed 1 scoop of Train with 8 oz of water 20 minutes before training.

In terms of effectiveness there was some good but mostly not so good. There were days where it worked better than others for some reason. However for most of the days I can say my focus was definitely increased. Not quite a tunnel vision feeling but close, I only had 1 thing on my mind and that was to train. My energy levels were so-so the natural source of caffeine was a hit or miss at 254mg. Your not going to get much in terms of pumps with this ingredient formula. Same goes with my endurance... I didn't really notice a big increase with my endurance in fact it pretty much stayed the same throughout.

The only value I could find was on the Athel1te Nutrition website for $45. Per tub there is only 21 servings so your looking at a price of about $2.14 PER SERVING.... I'm guessing the price is on the higher side due to the certifications and them being a relatively new company. However that is way to much money for a product that was moderately effective. If they brought down the price to about $1.50 per serving or added more servings to the tub then it might be worth the investment.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, I get that Train is geared more toward athletes who get tested however there is some work to be done. The biggest thing for me is the price point at $2.14 per serving, way too much in my opinion for anyone. I'd like to see some changes to the flavoring, I get that its natural but something has to give. At best this was a middle of the road pre-workout that was marginally effective.

Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
      September 17, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Transparent Label
    • Easy To Swallow
    • Ingredient Profile
    • Once A Day
    • Underdosed Ingredients

Before I start I want to thank Magnum Nutraceuticals for participating in the SR TROOP Program. This will be my first of two reviews that I will be doing for their products. I've heard of this company in the past but have never tried any of their supplements until now. What enticed me to claim Primer was its versatility... Not only is it a multi-vitamin but its about 6 products in one performance pack. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week training 2x per day: fasted cardio in the morning and weight lifting in the evening.

----Ingredien...

The ingredient profile features a transparent label with a bunch of different ingredients. Luckily Magnum came up with some organization and created 6 different categories. However with so many ingredients there are a "bunch" that are under dosed.

1. Cell Repair: 2 capsules
    Features around 27 different ingredients - this is mainly the multi-vitamin portion of the performance pack. (Multi-Vitamin, Anti-Oxidant, Anti-Aging Formula)

2. Amino Prime: 2 capsules
    Features around 19 different ingredients - works with your metabolism (Anabolic+Metabolic Activating Compound)

3. Digest RX: 1 capsule
    Features 5 different ingredients that help & support your digestive system. (Complete Spectrum Acti-Digestive Complex)

4. Brain Food: 1 capsule
    Features 5 different ingredients that support brain functions such as activation, clarity and focus

5. Power Fats: 1 capsule
    Features 9 different fats - basically a 3,6,9 omega blend

6. Hydration Plus: 1 capsule
    Features around 11 ingredients supporting hydration and bone density

Taste- Once in a while there were some weird tasting capsules that have leaked. Otherwise there were no complaints as they were in capsule form.

Mixability- All of the capsules are small and easy to swallow.... no horse pills here.

Dosing- I took 1 Magnum Primer pack per day with breakfast.

Judging the effectiveness of a multi-vitamin can be tricky but the main question I ask myself.... Did this improve my overall health/well being??? I have to say that it did. My energy levels increased throughout the day and didn't feel as sluggish. It wasn't a huge increase but never-the-less it was noticeable. Because of this increase I believe it helped with my mood (Happier). I did notice a change with my bowel movements, there was a weird smell every time I went #1 while using Primer. There were more frequent bathroom visits.

I didn't notice much in terms of strength & muscle mass like their website suggests. That has to do more with your diet and training program. This kind of product is more of an insurance policy for your body. However the increases I did notice had to do with energy/mood/digestion.

The cheapest value I could find was on Amazon for around $45. Each box of Primer contains 30 packs with a total of 8 capsules per pack. The math is pretty simple here: $1.50 per pack/day which is kind of high when you consider the following.... Under dosed ingredients and Effectiveness. There are other performance multi-vitamins that may not have this kind of ingredient profile but they are dosed better and cheaper.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Magnum Primer has a bunch of ingredients but do you really need all of them? I'd rather see less ingredients that are better dosed. Primer does work and noticed an increase with my health. Would I buy Primer again? It really depends if there is a sale or bogo otherwise I can't see myself paying up for Primer. However multi-vitamins work different for everyone so I can see others getting better benefits from Primer.

September 16, 2017

• Keeps You Full
    • Helps With Recovery
    • Foams Up

I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Total Body Protein. Protein powder is the main staple in my supplement stack and I'm always on the look out for something new. I go through protein powder fairly fast as I also use it to bake/cook with to help meet my macros. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week 2x a day.

The ingredient profile features a fully transparent label with 30g per serving size. Each serving has 115 calories with 14 calories from fat. Other notables include: 1.5g Total Fat, 5g Carbohydrates, 4g Sugar and 22g of gluten free, grass fed whey protein matrix: containing 7 different protein components (Whey Isolate Peptide, Concentrate, Casein, and Egg Albumin). With the different protein sources there are different digestion rates ranging from slower to faster.

There are added MCTs "Medium Chain Triglycerides" that is used as an energy source. Think of this as a carbohydrate. Another addition is the Fiber Matrix with helps with gastrointestinal health.

Taste - I received the Dutch Chocolate Ice Cream flavor which is one of ten or so flavors currently available. The taste wasn't bad, you could tell there was stevia used but overall I give it a 7/10.

Mixability - I didn't have any issues with mixability other than having some foam build up. I can deal with that over clumping or settlement. When I made shakes I only used water and found 6-8 oz to be my sweet spot.

Dosing - Really no dosing protocol for protein powder..... i usually had a 1 shake after both training sessions. On occasion I made pro-oats, mixed in yogurt and oatmeal or made protein muffins.

Protein powder is one of the hardest supplements to determine effectiveness. However there were some things to note: Overall I had no issues with digestion or bloating sometimes I do have issues with milk protein supplements. Another factor was the easiness I could fill up my protein macros. There was a variety of ways to accomplish that whether it was making a shake or baking. Recovery following training was increased a little. I noticed a reduction in DOMs and soreness days after training.

The cheapest value I could find was on the TBN Labs website for around $35. Each 2lbs tub contains 30 servings so your looking at a price of around $1.17 per serving. I have no problem with this price as your paying for a high quality protein powder.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I enjoyed my experience using Total Body Protein. I believe this is best used in the morning or night based on the different digestion rate of the protein matrix. I'd like to see them expand in the market rather than just having one website to find them. The price may seem a little high for some people but I believe its worth it with the quality ingredients.

September 4, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Libido Increase
    • More Servings Per Bottle

This is my second of three reviews that I will be posting for TBN Labs. I want to thank them for their involvement with the SR TROOP Program. Before I get into the ingredient profile.... A little about myself, I'm 29 years old and have been diagnosed with low T levels. I claimed this product because I felt it was appropriate while I'm in the hardest stage of my lifting cycle. During this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week 2x a day: cardio in the morning and weight lifting in the evening (Cube Predator Program).

Claims: Best used for.....
    - Hormone Production
    - In...

Claims: Best used for.....
    - Hormone Production
    - Increasing Free Testosterone
    - Maximize Muscle Mass
    - Boost Strength
    - Enhance Athletic Performance
    - Rapid Recovery
    - Prevent Muscle Cramps
    - Reducing Body Fat

One issue I have with TBN Labs although it may seem stupid is their use of claims. I don't care about claims, what I care about are ingredients that are dosed properly. Some of the best products I have used had absolutely no claims or marketing gimmicks.

The ingredient profile is based on two different categories with prop blends. Anytime there is a prop blend the first thing that comes to mind is underdosed ingredients.

First Prop Blend: Red Blood Cells Volumization Blend 50mg containing 5 ingredients. Ingredients include Wheat Grass, Folic Acid, Vitamin B12, Sun Dried Spinach Chlorophylis and Oyster Shells. I've heard of these ingredients in some form and did some research on NCBI... Although these ingredients do their job they are underdosed significantly altogether at 50mg.

Second Prop Blend: Libido Volumization Blend 500mg containing around 8 ingredients: Ingredients include Leuzea carthamoides, Bulbine Natalensis Extract (5:1), Epimedium (Horny Goat Weed 20% Icariin for ED), Tribulus Terrestris (40% Protodioscin & 90% Saponins), Mucuna Pruriens, Maca Extract (12:1), Ant Extract (20:1) and Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa Extract 35% Piperizine (aphrodisiac). All of these are solid researched ingredients but well underdosed.

Estrogen Inhibitor Blend 75mg containing 1 ingredient: 7-Methoxyflavone (aromatize inhibitor)

The dosing protocol consists of two different things:
    Cutting Phase: 1 capsule per day
    Bulking Phase: 1-3 capsules through the day.
    For best results, avoid junk foods, increase protein and exercise program. - Sounds about right when taking most supplements.

Because of the review I only took one capsule per day for 30 days. I know the product is vastly underdosed and three capsules would've been the way to go but that only gives the review 10 days. Your not going to get much out of a test boosting product in 10 days.

To judge the effectiveness of Bionic Test I'll use a few different categories

Strength (0.5/10) - I did not see any kind of boost, usually you'll notice a difference with recovery/endurance/strength.

Libido (4/10) - Best scoring aspect for Bionic Test.... I noticed some very slight acne and had some morning wood. My overall sex drive was slightly increased.

Aggression/Anger (1/10) - When taking any kind of test booster I like having that aggression feeling when I'm training. However this was not the case, some good old rock music worked better.

Overall the effectiveness was lackluster when taking 1 capsule a day for 30 days. I'm sure there would be a difference when taking 3 capsules but who knows how big of a difference you'll see/feel.

The only value I could find was on the TBN Labs website for $37.75 down from $57.75. Although there is 30 servings in each bottle I would recommend taking 3 capsules which would lead to a duration of 10 days. Each capsule (30 per bottle) costs around $1.26 or $3.78 per max dosage. Either way you look at this, its not worth the price. There are many other test boosting products that do work at or lower than $37.75.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this product was very underwhelming and expected a bit more to be honest. Some changes need to be made in order to warrant the current price of Bionic Test. There needs to be more servings or better dosages for each ingredient. I wouldn't recommend Bionic Test as there are better test boosting products at a cheaper price.

September 2, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Organic Whey
    • Gluten Free
    • Grass Fed Sources
    • Halal Approved
    • Easy On The Stomach
    • Pricey
    • Foaming

Before I start I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review some of their products. This is my first of three reviews that I will be doing. This is the first time I've heard of Total Body Nutrition, what had me intrigued was the all-natural ingredient profile. During the duration of this review I was training 5 to 6 days a week 2x a day: Cardio in the mornings and Weight training in the evening.

- Zero Added Sugars

- Zero Added Carbs
    - Zero Added Fats
    - Zero Added Fillers
    - Zero Added Preservatives

The ingredient profile is fully transparent: 1 serving (30g) contains 24g of GMO Free/Organic Whey Protein Concentrate. The processing of whey concentrate removes the water, lactose, ash, and some minerals. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3905294/

Per serving there is 117 calories with 15 calories from fat - 1.7g of total fat with .9g saturated fat. What intrigued me the most was that this protein is cage free-grass fed. However the labeling can be a bit confusing as there is 2.1g of sugar and the label says zero added sugars.

Taste 9/10 - I must say for having zero added sugars, carbs, fats, fillers and preservatives.... this is one of the best tasting protein powders I've ever had. I got the Chocolate Peanut Butter flavor which is one of 10 current available flavors. This tasted like a chocolate peanut butter cookie, I looked forward to having a shake or even a pre-made meal with it.

Mixability 7/10 - As other reviewers have noted there was some foaming but nothing that was too bad. There weren't any other issues with mixability in regards to clumping or settling.

Dosing - There really isn't a wrong way to dose protein powder you can have a shake or use the powder in recipes. I usually had 2 servings a day, once right after cardio in the morning and another following weight training. On non training days I usually made pro-oats or protein pancakes in the morning to meet macro needs.

Total GO Protein pretty much hit on all cylinders like a protein supplement should. It helped fill my protein macro needs whether it be with a shake or mixing it with food. My recovery was enhanced as I was less sore following training and my doms were reduced.

The most noticeable aspect was digestion, I didn't have any kind of stomach issues or problems with stools. Some reviewers noted possible acid reflux while using Total GO but I didn't experience any of that.

The cheapest value I could find is around $67 on the TBN website down from $90 :/ Per serving (45 total servings) your paying around $1.51, this may be a little steep and organic products are usually a little higher in price. I can understand people don't have that kind of money to spend for protein powder. However if you do have that money or looking for a healthier protein option than I wouldn't consider this to be that bad of a price. Considering your getting 45 servings which dependent on the user should last a while.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I was impressed with Total GO protein and recommend it if you have the means to do so. Thanks again to Total Body Nutrition for giving me this opportunity.

Overall
    Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
      August 27, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Pumps
    • Fully Transparent
    • 3rd Party Tested
    • No Banned Substances
    • Chemical Aftertaste

I want to thank UXO Supplements for giving me the opportunity to review Pre Workout V2. I have never tried Version 1 so I really cant compare the 2 formulas. This review will strictly be for just Version 2 without comparisons. One thing that really intrigued me before trying this out was the military background of UXO Supplements. They are funded by Veterans with Soldiers in mind, meaning they created a formula without any banned substances for military standards. During the duration of this review I was training 5-6 days a week: Cardio first thing in the morning and Weight training in the evening.

The ingredient profile is fully transparent and contains around 9 main ingredients. All of these ingredients are commonly found in other pre-workout products and it doesn't take much research to find out what each does. One thing I do like about the scoop size is that it gives you 2 different options: 1 scoop = 1/2 serving and 2 scoops = 1 full serving. The label does in fact give you the amounts for 1 and 2 scoops which is nice for those like me who suck at math.

For the most part the dosages are pretty good for 1 serving (2 scoops).... You are getting 6g Citrulline Malate and 3g of L-Arginine AKG which both help with muscle pumps. There is also 2g Betaine Anhydrous, 1.6g CarnoSyn, 1g L-Tyrosine, 1g Taurine, 275mg Caffeine, 100mg L-Theanine and 5g BioPerene to help with absorption. All in all its a basic formula without any un-knowns.

Taste 6/10 - For this review I received the Blue Frost flavor which is the only one available right now. It did have a nice blueberry taste at first however there was a noticeable chemical aftertaste.

Mixability 7/10 - I didn't really notice anything wrong with mixing in regards to clumping or settlement. However they do use FD&C Blue 1 which stained my shaker cup with a blue tint.

Dosing - You can go 1 of 2 ways with dosing - I mixed 1 serving (2 scoops) with 8 oz of water 30 min before training. You can mix 1 scoop (1/2 serving) before training sessions if your building tolerance.

In terms of effectiveness this was a middle of the road pre-workout for myself. There were days where I really felt it helped me with training and other days where there wasn't much. The biggest thing for me was the muscle pumps with 6g of Citrulline Malate and 3g of AKG, I really felt this area during leg and back days. My muscle felt like inflated balloons and my veins were popping.

I didn't see/feel much in terms of increased focus, 100-200mg is a pretty typical dose of L-Theanine so I was surprised. When the added energy boost was there it was clean and there was no crash. The boost wasn't anything substantial but it was a slight increase.

This formula wasn't bad but it wasn't great, it got the job done most days. I would say this formula would be a good start for a person who has a low stim tolerance or is beginning to use pre-workouts

The cheapest value I could find was on the UXO Supplements website for $39.99 down from $44.99. Your paying a price of around $1.33 for a full serving (30 servings) or if you only need 1/2 scoop (60 servings) then your paying around 0.67 cents. In my honest opinion this is a bit high for a basic pre-workout. I can understand if your military and you don't want to get popped for a banned substance during a pee test. If the price went down to around $1 a serving I could see myself possibly buying a tub.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was really on the fence of whether I should give this a yes or meh recommendation. However after doing some thinking I decided to give it a yes based on these facts... Your getting a fully transparent formula with known ingredients that work. There are no banned substances and its been 3rd party tested. Its more suitable for a someone who is using a pre-workout for the first time.

Overall
    Thanks to Mind Muscle Nutrition for sending it out!
      August 25, 2017

• Increased Focus
    • Maintains Muscle
    • Tastes Great
    • Increased Recovery
    • Hydration
    • Slightly Expensive For Most Individuals

Before I start I want to thank Mind-Muscle-Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Hydra Focus. Before claiming the product from the TROOP Program I've never heard of this company before. However what got me intrigued in the first place was the ingredient profile which I'll go over. During the duration of this review I was training twice a day: Cardio first thing in the morning & Weight training in the evening.

- Increased Hydration

- Increase in Building Lean Muscle
    - Increased Endurance
    - Increased Strength
    - Increased Focus

The ingredient profile is packed with around 11 main ingredients which are all transparently labeled. This isn't just another "Intra-Workout" with just some BCAAs..... Well there is 7g total (2:1:1) however there are a lot of other goodies thrown in the mix. Included in the mix is a solid serving amount of Citrulline Malate 4g, 2.5g of L-Glutamine, 1G N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine and 500mg of Choline Bitartrate & Raw Coconut Water Concentrate. One nice thing is there is a purpose for each ingredient, not just some thrown in to make the profile look sexy. Each ingredient is pretty common if you have used supplements, even if you haven't they are really easy to research.

Taste 9.5/10 - I received the Orange Smarty flavor which is the only available flavor at this time. Holy Crap.... as Wade419 noted they hit the nail right on the head with this flavor. This tasted exactly like Orange Smarties in liquid form. There was no chemical tastes or any kind of grittiness to note of.

Mixability 9/10 - Overall I had no issue with anything in regards to mixing. There was no clumping, settling or anything like that. As with most BCAA supplements there was so foaming action at the top but nothing I was too worried about.

Dosing - The dosing protocol is fairly simple and followed it as on the label.... Take one scoop with 16 oz of water during workouts on training days. I took this with my first workout of the day which is dreaded cardio. However what made cardio better was knowing I'd be sipping on some Hydra Focus BCAAs.

This is where Hydra Focus really comes up big for myself. I train in my garage gym in Florida, so the garage can reach upwards of 100 degrees in the summer time. I noticed an immediate difference with my hydration level, I was sweating more without feeling faint or light-headed. Another determining factor was the color of my pee, I know its weird but if I learned something from my time in the military... the color of your pee determines your hydration level.

The added hydration allowed me to train more effectively in which increased my endurance. Without that sluggish feeling that comes with dehydration I was able to burn more calories by moving faster in a shorter amount of time. I didn't feel as winded or out of breath. Another added benefit was my recovery time, I didn't feel as sore and in fact was able to recover a lot quicker.

I did notice a slight increase with my focus but it's not hard to be focused when your training alone in your garage. The citrulline malate was very noticeable on days when I decided to do a hiit/strongman style of cardio. On traditional cardio days I couldn't feel a pump however there are many other benefits of cm then just a pump.

All-in-all I was very impressed with the effectiveness of Hydra Focus.

The cheapest value I could find for Hydra Focus was on the Mind-Muscle-Nutrition website for $35. Each tub contains 30 total servings so your looking at a price right around $1.17 per serving. You may look at this price and say to yourself that seems like a bit much for an intra-workout supplement. However you are getting a very effective product, solid dosages, transparent label and a taste that really can't be beat.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was a very effective product that worked for me, it might workout differently for you. The ingredient label was well put together, the only thing that could be concerning to some is the price. I have no problem paying up for an effective product but I also understand people don't have $35 to fork over for an intra-workout. I look forward to watching Mind-Muscle-Nutrition grow and come up with some new products. I definitely recommend Hydra Focus to everyone.