zbikowski88

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online 3 months ago

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by zbikowski88

Overall
Thanks to Myokem for sending it out!
  September 10, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Faster Recovery
  • Broad Ingredient Profile
  • Well Dosed
  • Better Hydration
  • Increase Endurance
  • Use Of Dyes

I want to give a big thanks to Myokem for giving me the opportunity to review mTOR PRO. I've been using BCAAs/EAAs for a while now and have been looking around for different options. What intrigued me with mTOR PRO was a few things: Time Released Recovery, Hydration, ingredient profile. Plus I've used a few different Myokem supplements in the past all while seeing tremendous results. Giving this product a claim was a no-brainer.

- 10.5g of EAAs per serving
- Dynamic Time-Released Recovery
- Increased Performance and Hydration

T...

- 10.5g of EAAs per serving
- Dynamic Time-Released Recovery
- Increased Performance and Hydration

The ingredient profile features a transparent label (no prop blends) divided into two different categories. First category is the mTOR Activating Recovery Matrix 10.5g featuring 5g of Instantized BCAAs 2:1:1. Now the intriguing element to this category is the Time-Released L-Leucine as ActiveTR 3g. This was the first time I've heard of/used something like this. It's basically 3g of Leucine staggered every 2 hours over a total of 8 hours. The elevated Leucine levels in the total of an 8 hour span contribute to a significant increase in protein synthesis/recovery. Next there is a total of 6 Essential/Non Essential Amnio Acids listed:

L-Lysine 938mg: Immune System Booster/Plays role in Protein Synthesis
L-Threonine 685mg: Maintain protein balance
L-Phenylalanine 310mg: Cognitive enhancer - motivation
L-Tyrosine 292mg: Cognitive enhancer
L-Histidine 175mg: Plays role in digestion/central nervous system
L-Methionine 100mg: Increases fat metabolism

Finally there is a whopping dose of AstraGin @ 50mg to help aid with absorption.

The second category is the Active Hydration Matrix featuring 3 ingredients totaling 1.225g.

Taurine 1g: Balance water levels in body
Potassium Gluconate 150mg: Electrolyte
Sodium Chloride 75mg: Electrolyte

Taste - For this review I received the Fruit Punch flavor which is one of three currently available. It had a very mild but pleasant flavor that was enjoyable while I sipped on it. Overall I'd give the flavor an 8/10.

Mixability - There were really no issues with mixability - there was some foaming but that was expected with the BCAAs. No clumping or settlement as it mixed pretty fast. Outside of mixability the only negative is the use of dyes - very dark red coloring once mixed. Really no need for that dark color in my opinion.

Dosing - I mixed one scoop with around 20 oz of water and sipped on during training. I didn't take any servings on non-training days.

In regards to effectiveness this is one of the best BCAA/EAA supplements that I have used. This delivered on the label claims of increased recovery times, performance, hydration. As noted in the dosing section I only used mTOR PRO on training days as I work out twice a day. Some days I would use it during my morning cardio session & other days I'd use it during strength training workouts. While using mTOR PRO there was a definite increase with my recovery as I felt fresh going into my next training session. Normally I felt fatigued training twice a day but i was able to go into each session being able to train faster/harder compared to the norm. I was able to use more weight for more reps with the increased recovery times which leads into a higher performance enhancement feeling. The hydration ingredients was a nice addition as it gets pretty hot in my garage gym here in Florida. It was easy to tell I was staying hydrated by my pee color and the way I was sweating. Overall the effectiveness of mTOR PRO exceeded my high expectations.

The cheapest value I could find was found on Amazon & Myokem website for $29.99 (30 servings). This comes out to around $1 per serving which in my opinion is a great price for how effective mTOR PRO was.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion this exceeded my expectations and I definitely recommend giving mTOR PRO a shot. This is one of the best BCAA/EAA formulations that is out right now - your body will thank you for trying it. Your performance will increase as you feel fresh going into each workout allowing you to train faster/harder. I feel the $1 a serving price (30 servings) is justified through its effectiveness - only downside is that its not widely available. Thanks again to Myokem for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  September 6, 2018

• Good Digestion
  • Natural Protein
  • Electrolytes
  • Amino Profile
  • Digestive Enzymes
  • Little High In Cost
  • Foamy

I would like to thank VMI Sports once again for participating in the SR TROOP Program. They are one of a few companies I routinely see on the program for product reviews. I've tried many of their products and have become a fan of their brand. Protein is the biggest staple in my supplement stack and having been looking at natural sources lately. My wife decided to try to have a mostly organic/natural lifestyle so this when this came up I had to give it a try.

The basic profile looks like this:

Sodium 40mg
Potassium 166mg
Total Carbohydrates <1g
Protein 23g from Isolate

My biggest takeaway after looking at this label is the 0 sugar & fat. There are a lot of unwanted fillers/ingredients in a lot of different protein sources, VMI Sports kept this formula very clean. This profile is good for someone who doesn't want those extra unwanted calories with only 100 calories per serving. Perfect for those on a strict diet or want to live a natural lifestyle.

In addition you are getting:
10.5g Total EAAs - essential amino acids
5.3g BCAAs - recovery
4g Glutamine - recovery
991mg Electrolytes & Minerals from TRAACS - hydration

Taste - For this review I received the Vanilla Cake Batter flavor which is one of two flavors available. The flavor was very light in things considered I had an idea it wasn't going to be very sweet. It had a slight taste of vanilla - in water there wasn't much of a taste however when mixed with milk it tasted a lot better. Overall I'd give taste 6-6.5/10

Mixability - The only issue in regards to mixability was foaming. There was significantly more foaming when mixed in water compared to milk. Foaming isn't that big of a deal when there were no other issues.

Dosing - Protein powder can be dosed at just about any time in regards to macros & recovery. I used one serving a day following my morning cardio workouts. On non-training days I took it just about whenever to fill my macros.

As noted above I took one serving of Protolyte Naturals following my morning cardio sessions. I felt this had increased my recovery and my body felt better going into workout #2 at night. DOM feelings were noticeably decreased all while feeling physically good to go. With digestive enzymes added to the formula there were no digestive issues (gas). I tend to have issues with certain whey sources however with how clean the formula was I wasn't expecting any. Overall I was satisfied with how effective Protolyte Naturals was for me.

The cheapest value was found on Amazon for $39.99 w/ free shipping for 25 servings. At that price point you're paying around $1.60 per serving which is a little high. However you are going to pay up for natural products with clean ingredients such as Protolyte Naturals. If you're really into a healthy alternative lifestyle I'd say give this a go. If you're looking for a clean protein then at this price I'd consider buying this occasionally when needed.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this is a solid protein powder with the price only bringing it down with all things considered. This is a great protein for those looking for a clean formula with natural ingredients. I definitely recommend giving Protolyte Naturals a go - be on the lookout for discount codes & sales. Thanks again to VMI Sports for giving me the opportunity to review another quality supplement.

Overall
Overall
5.5
6.3
Thanks to Roar Ambition for sending it out!
  September 3, 2018

• Great Pumps
  • Increased Stamina
  • Low Key Energy
  • Lacks Focus
  • Low Creatine Dosage

Big thanks to Roar Ambition for giving me the opportunity to review 4 Gauge Pre-Workout. The first time I heard of Roar Ambition was on the TROOP Program when they posted 4 Gauge Pre-Workout. I'm always looking to try/support companies I've never heard of before.... so I decided to claim 4 Gauge and give it a try.

Roar Ambition considers this a 4-1 Pre-Workout - hence the name (4 Gauge)
1. Explosive Power
2. Laser Focus
3. Extended Stamina
4. Incredible Muscle Pumps

The ingredient profile features 8 main ingredients on a transparent label. ...

Roar Ambition considers this a 4-1 Pre-Workout - hence the name (4 Gauge)
1. Explosive Power
2. Laser Focus
3. Extended Stamina
4. Incredible Muscle Pumps

The ingredient profile features 8 main ingredients on a transparent label. Per serving there is a total of "14g" of ingredients divided into 2 scoops. There is 5 calories and 4g of Total Carbohydrates which seems to come from sugar alcohols. Next there is 10mg Potassium, 20mg Sodium, 30mg Calcium to round out the basic profile.

Main Ingredients
6000 mg L-Citrulline DI-Malate: Pumps/Vasodilator - Solid dosage
1000 mg Creatine Monohydrate: Energy Output/Muscle Building - Low dosage. Either add more Creatine Monohydrate or get rid of it all together.
500 mg Acetyl L-Carnitine: Cognitive Function/Focus - Low dosage
300 mg Red Beet Root Extract: Pumps/Endurance
300 mg Coconut Water Powder: Hydration
200 mg L-Theanine: Works in conjunction with Caffeine - Energy
150 mg Caffeine Anhydrous: Energy - Lower end of dosage
100 mg Rhodiola Root Extract: Aids with Fatigue

A nice solid list of ingredients however some could stay or go depending on the dosages. For example Creatine Monohydrate is dosed at 1000mg which is hardly a benefit. They should change the dosage or change the creatine source. Looking at the other ingredients its disappointing to see sugar alcohols used as many people may have health issues with it. Also there is no need to take 3 to 4 scoops level scoops if you built up tolerance as noted on the container. If a container notes that you can use that many scoops then something isn't right with the formula IE dosages.

Taste - 4 Gauge comes in only one flavor which is fruit blast. It definitely took some time to get used to, it had a very sour/tart cherry flavor. Overall I would give the flavor a 6/10.

Mixability - The mixability was just meh for me... there was usually always some kind of settlement. I'm guessing the settlement was from the monohydrate? Anyways it really never dissolved. There were no other issues in regard to clumping, etc.

Dosing - I mixed one scoop with 6-8 oz of water 20 min before training. As noted in the ingredient section, its noted you can take 3-4 scoops if tolerance is built. To me that means ingredients are dosed too low.

In terms of effectiveness I'll use the 4 in 1 formula claims from the Roar Ambition website.

Explosive Power 6/10 - This formula is comparable to many other pre-workouts in this area. There wasn't a dramatic increase in power output however there was a slight increase.

Laser Focus 3/10 - Very little added if anything to my focus during my training sessions. There was not enough added in the ingredient section to increase my focus. So I'd say this is the lowest rated area of the 4 claims.

Extended Stamina 6/10 - I did notice an increase with my overall endurance/performance during training. Training sessions were shortened because of less rest time between sets. I didn't feel as physically tired at the end of training compared to not taking 4 Gauge. I have a high stim tolerance so there was a slight increase with energy - thats not a knock on 4 Gauge.

Incredible Muscle Pumps 7/10 = I wouldn't say it was incredible but it was the best area of this formula. The 6g of Citrulline Malate & Red Beet Root Extract definitely helped with that. There were areas on my body where veins weren't showing as much and had that muscle balloon effect during/after training. Those pumps actually stayed on for quite a while after training.

The only value I could find was on the Roar Ambition website. They offer different packages to include:
1 Round- $45 or $2.25 per serving (20 servings)
2 Rounds - $90 or $2.25 per serving
3 Rounds + 1 Round - $135 or $1.69 per serving

Anyway you look at it these prices are way to high for a pre-workout that was just meh with effectiveness. You can find significantly cheaper pre-workout formulas (Whole price/serving price) that are more effective than 4 Gauge. In my opinion 4 Guage should be priced to around $25 for 20 servings.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Roar Ambition 4 Gauge Pre-Workout was just a meh formula to me. It has potential however there it's overpriced and some ingredients are dosed was too low. I'd like to see some added ingredients for focus enhancement. The price point is just way to high with cheaper more effective pre-workouts on the market. I'd like to thank Roar Ambition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Overall
Thanks to TBN Labs for sending it out!
  August 27, 2018

• Digests Well
  • Good Ingredient Profile

I want to give a big thanks to Total Body Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Total Mass. Lately I've been trying to gain weight with different weight gainers whether they are low carb/fat or higher carb/fat content. My last review was on a lean mass/weight gainer and saw good results. I wanted to up the ante upping my caloric intake to see if it made any difference with a number of different things. I want to say that I was really impressed with the overall effectiveness of Total Mass.

- Solid Muscular Gains

- Dramatic Weight Gain
- Muscle Growth
- Muscle Repair
- All Natural

The basic ingredient profile looks something like this:
Per Serving
480 Calories
0 Calories from Fat - Total Fat 0g
93g Total Carbohydrates
4g Sugar - very low total for a weight gainer
25g Protein - (Concentrate/Isolate)
200mcg Vitamin B12

The Total Mass Blend (120,000mg) is made up of 10 ingredients.... solid list of ingredients especially in terms of Carbohydrate content. While there is sugar in Total Mass (4g) the rest of the carbohydrate content (89g) is made up of a solid list of ingredients such as Sweet Potato Powder, Wild Yam Extract, Brown Rice Powder, Multi Grains Powder. Total Mass is sweetened by dextrose, stevia, date sugars. The biggest take away is the quality of protein (concentrate/isolate) & carbohydrate sources - thing I look at most when deciding to buy a mass gainer.

Taste - For this review I received the Cookies & Cream flavor which is one of five available. Before I get into the taste I must note the size of the scooper is way too big. When I scooped the powder it barely fit through the opening of the container. Because of this a lot of powder fell out and I would have to hand shovel it into my shaker cup. I'd suggest a smaller scoop and making it a 2 scoop serving because it can get messy with the current scoop. Now onto flavor, this was an absolute hit - it tasted like a cookies & cream milkshake with cookie chunks mixed in. Quite possibly the best tasting weight gaining formula I've ever had - flavor gets a 9.5/10.

Mixability - As for the serving size 120,000mg you would expect a ton of clumping and undissolved powder. This was far from the truth.... this almost dissolved instantly within a few seconds of shaking. Almost felt like a magic trick watching it dissolve so quickly.

Dosing - In regards to dosing I had one serving a day usually following a training session given the carbohydrate/protein content. I only mixed Total Mass with water during the duration of this review - I used anywhere between 16-20oz of water.

Total Mass comes with a ton of claims on the label to include muscular/weight gains, faster recovery, muscular retention. After finishing the tub I have to say TBN Total Mass met all of these claims. Its rare for a product to meet so many claims but this is one of a very few. At the end of the day I gained close to 5lbs which I consider to be lean muscle. I didn't feel bloated or fat - just a fuller muscular feel all around.

My recovery rate was increased and didn't really have a fight with the dreaded DOMs. With the recovery rate increased the muscle repair was just the same and felt fresh going into workouts where I would normally feel sore. My strength went up some but it wasn't anything dramatic with huge PRs. However at the end of the day I was impressed with the overall effectiveness.

In terms of value the only place I could find Total Mass was on the TBN website. Total Mass comes in two different sizes: 5lbs (19 servings) & 15.89lbs (60 servings) with 5 different flavors. The 5lbs tub which I received retails for $44.75 or $2.36 a serving. Weight gainers are typically on the higher end of cost to begin with & considering the ingredient profile/effectiveness I think its a good price. The 15.89lbs tub has an even better value if you have the money right now. No matter what also be on the lookout for coupon/discount codes.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion TBN Total Mass gets a thumbs up and a big recommendation from myself. This has just about everything a hard gainer is looking for when deciding between what weight gainers to buy. It has everything from a solid ingredient profile from quality sources to being an effective weight gainer. Once again I want to thank Total Body Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
  August 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Endurance
  • Dyes

Big thanks to Nutrex for giving me the opportunity to review Outrage Extreme Energy Igniter. I've used many Nutrex supplements in the past to include Outrage Pre-Workout powder. I'm not much of a coffee drinker and getting sick of having Monster Zero Ultras... so I've been on the lookout for alternatives. This product came up at the right time for me on the TROOP board as things have been hectic at the house and I've had little energy getting through the day. Another intriguing thing for me was the size of the bottle being 4 oz compared to the usual 2 with other energy shots.

The ingredient profile is a blend of 5 main ingredients totaling 2,250mg per serving. It's important to note there is 2 servings per bottle or 4,500mg total.

Basic Profile:

- CarnoSyn Beta Alanine
- Taurine
- N Acetyl L Tyrosine
- Caffeine Anhydrous

A good list of basic ingredients that you would find in most pre-workout formulas and some other energy shots. Only negative for me is the blend and not knowing the dosages of ingredients/especially caffeine content.

Nutrex Research Outrage Extreme Energy Igniters come in four different flavors - Blue Raspberry, Fruit Punch, Green Apple, Margarita Lime. They sent me all four flavors to try and I thought each one tasted great. It has a bold/strong flavor that hits you right away but not to sweet nor sour. Everything is bold to include the coloring with the use of food coloring. Overall I would give each flavor an 8/10 - not one flavor stood out amongst the others in a good way: good around!

Since these are bottled there isn't any need to mix anything which saves time. In regards to dosing take 1/2 bottle to start to assess tolerance when extra energy is needed. For me the time I needed energy the most was mid-day when my 1 year old son was wanting to play while I had to still work.

Compared to 5 Hour Energy Shots & other energy shots you can find at convenient stores & gas stations - Nutrex really hits it out of the park in terms of effectiveness/value. There was a quick rush of energy minutes after drinking having these bottles, I would drink the entire bottle but the taste broke it up into sips for me. This energy lasted for hours without any kind of crashing - this was the case with other energy shots. I had enough energy to get my work done while playing with my son which can be very distracting with the amount of toys/dogs in the house. There was a slight increase with my focus but nothing earth shattering. The main area of need was an energy increase and that delivered.

In regards to value the Nutrex website actually had the cheapest value for a 12 pack @ $21.95. Each bottle is valued at $1.83 while it contains 2 servings! Overall this is a great value compared to 5 Hour Energy Shots & similar energy shots. On the Muscle and Strength website they have a Buy 1 Get 1 Free 12 pack of Nutrex Extreme Energy Igniters that expired on 11/17 for $26.72. In fact I actually took up that offer.... while they are expired you can't go wrong paying over a little over $1 per 2 serving bottles.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Nutrex Outrage Extreme Energy Igniter gets a thumbs up from me. You'll get a rush of energy at a good value compared to other energy shots. You really can't go wrong with any of the 4 available flavors as they all taste great. Like I said in the value category I bought the B1G1 Free 12 pack case from Muscle & Strength. I wouldn't buy a case every month but I would buy 1 every 3-4 months. Once again I would like to thank Nutrex Research for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  August 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Endurance Boost
  • Increased Energy And Focus
  • Failed To Meet Expectations

Big Big thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for their continued participation in the SR TROOP Program. I've used many RCSS supplements in the past and saw very good results with them. When I saw RCSS came out with a new Yeah Buddy formula I had to give it a shot after giving the original version an 8.5/10. I train twice a day: conditioning in the morning & weight training in the evening. During the review I used Yeah Buddy V2 in the mornings.

The ingredient profile features a mostly transparent label with eight main ingredients totaling 9g per scoop.

L-Citrulline Malate (2:1) 4g - Pumps
Beta-Alanine 2g - Endurance/Performance: 2g is at low end of suggested dosing
Choline Bitartrate 550mg - Focus/Body Function: Under dosed

Sustained Release Caffeine Blend 420mg
Anhydrous - Common form
Encapfeine - Taste masking caffeine

Advantra Z Citrus Aurantium Fruit Extract 200mg - Beta-2 adrenergic receptor agonist. Very solid dose.
Theacrine 100mg - Chemically similar to caffeine
Dynamine 100mg - Neuroactivating Stimulant
Adhatoda Vasica 50mg - To help improve breathing?

Overall this is a high energy/focus pre-workout formula. Some key ingredients are dosed a little low but this will give you a big energy boost if thats what you mainly want.

- 7 stims
- no ergogenics

Taste - I received the Green Apple flavor... not a big fan of green apple flavors but I was pleasantly surprised. It kind of tasted like a green apple jolly rancher without being too sweet or sour. In regards to mixability there were no issues - didn't notice any clumping or settlement. Only negative was the use of artificial flavors & dyes. In regards to dosing I took one scoop with 4 oz of water about 20 min before morning training sessions.

I was under the expectation this formula would give me better overall performance when compared to the original. However I felt this was s let down in regards to improvement. Don't get me wrong this is a very good pre-workout that gives you a great energy/focus boost but it was right on par with the original formula. I gave the original formula an 8.5/10 s0 it was very solid. I just felt as if there should've been more improvement in some areas.

The cheapest value was found on IllPumpYouUp.com for around $27 for 30 servings. Most other online retailers were selling for $1-2 more which is still within $1 a serving. Overall anytime a pre-workout formula is found under $1 per serving its a good value - just talking price not any other factors. If your looking for an energy/focus formula then I'd definitely give this a try.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion.... maybe I had expectations too high but for this new formula. When compared to the original I felt it was on par without many improvements even with the change with some ingredients. This is still a very solid formula that will definitely increase your energy/focus while training. Coming in at under $1 a serving helps its cause especially coming from a reputable company.

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  July 30, 2018

• Low Carb
  • No Whey
  • Tastes Great
  • Filling
  • Great Mixability
  • Use Artificial Flavors
  • Uses Artificial Sweeteners

Big thanks to Redcon1 for giving me the opportunity to review MRE Lite. Too be honest I haven't used many Meal Replacement powders in fact I can count that number on one hand. Being a stay at home dad with a 15 month old & working through out the day I didn't have much time to make meals. This is why I decided to claim MRE Lite as it would be a very easy Meal Replacement only taking a few seconds to shake and sip on.

The ingredient profile is quite different from your average of the mill protein powders. Yes, the profile may look similar however when looking at individual ingredients its quite different. The first six ingredients feature different protein sources from (beef, salmon, chicken, egg, brown rice, pea) - as you can tell there is no mention of whey. By using these type of protein sources the carbohydrate content is very low in fact its 4g total per serving (2g from sugar). Next two ingredients listed after those sources of protein are coconut water & MCT Oil. MCT Oil is added for the benefit of a healthy saturated fat as most of the fat from the protein sources is obsolete.

Base Profile looks like this:
134 calories
24 grams of protein
4 grams of carbs (only 2g sugar)
2 grams of fat

Compared to MRE:
Close to 400 calorie difference
Over 70g difference in Carbohydrates

Taste - For this review I received the Banana Nut Bread flavor which is one of five current flavors. Too be honest I would've never have chosen this flavor if I got to choose. Good thing I didn't choose, too be honest this was a top 3 flavor for me. This reminded me a lot of banana nut bread in a liquid version when I drank it. I looked forward to drinking this every time. Overall I'd give this flavor a 9.5/10.

Mixability - No issues what-so-ever in regards to mixability: There was no clumping, settlement or foaming.

Dosing - I used this as a meal replacement between breakfast & lunch mixing 1 scoop with 5 oz of water. During the review I only used water and 1 scoop. I'm on the cusp of the suggest usage for people over 200lbs (2 scoops) however to prolong the use I stuck to one scoop.

In regards to effectiveness I found MRE Lite to be solid all around. Now if you're looking to really bulk up then the MRE non-lite version would be for you. However if you're watching your macros closely then this is perfect for you. I'm on a lean bulk so this was right up my ally as I was paying attention to my macro counts. I like the fact that these sources of protein are non-dairy, once in a while I get an upset stomach or bloating using whey protein powders. Now on to what really made this effective for me - it kept me full between breakfast & lunch without having extra food cravings. The clean profile allowed me to use extra macros with my main meals which is a plus. I felt MRE Lite helped increase my recovery times between workouts as I train twice a day (morning & evening).

Most online retailers are selling MRE Lite between $35-45 for a 30 serving tub. The cheapest value was found on IllPumpYouUp.com for around $35 or $1.17 per serving. As noted this is quite different from a regular protein powder, this is derived from animal sources with no use of whey. I find the price to be pretty good compared to other meal replacement powders with high calories/carbs/fat. This is especially good for those who are on a keto diet, lean gaining or looking to lose weight.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Redcon1 knocked it out of the park with MRE Lite. I like how they came up with two different Meal Replacement powders for two very different reasons. With the rage Keto dieting is getting lately this is a great alternative to prepping extra meals. In my case it saved me a lot of time during the day as my son & job kept me busy. The taste was incredible (banana nut bread) - I don't like eating bananas in general but this was something I looked forward to everyday. Once again I want to thank Redcon1 for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Overall
Thanks to Black Lion Research for sending it out!
  July 21, 2018

Cons:
  • Strength
  • Transparent Label

Big thanks to Black Lion Research for giving me the opportunity to review Vector. Vector is a natural anabolic that features three plant extracts - I'll get more into the ingredients in the ingredient profile category. I've used many different kinds of Anabolic/Pro-Hormone supplements seeing both the good & bad of what they have to offer. This is the first time I've heard of Black Lion Research and first time using these ingredients.

- Build Muscle Mass
    - Burn Fat
    - Increase Endurance

As I wrote above.... Vector contains three...

- Build Muscle Mass
    - Burn Fat
    - Increase Endurance

As I wrote above.... Vector contains three (3) plant like extracts.

Eribotrya Japonica Extract 1000mg: Subtropical fruit tree native to China. It has been used for medicinal value in China for thousands of years. It has been shown by research this extract can help lead to muscle mass, fat loss, strength by activating the AKT/mTOR pathway. By activating this pathway there is an increase in muscle protein synthesis (findings suggest that LE attenuates sarcopenia by promoting myogenic differentiation and subsequently promoting muscle protein synthesis.)

Viscum Album Extract 1000mg: Also known as Korean Mistletoe - It's a semi-parasitic plant that grows on numerous trees. It has many different biological functions to include anti-obesity properties. In fact research has shown Viscum Album Extract improved the endurance exercise in mice. By doing this it has been shown to prevent muscle atrophy & increase muscle hypertrophy.

Rehmanniae R Extract 1000mg: Herb used in Chinese medicine for thousands of years - Targets IGF-1 & EPO to help improve muscle mass.

Black Lion Research has extensive write-ups of each ingredient to include sources here:

Since this is in capsule form there is no taste or mixability to judge. The dosing protocol suggests taking 2 capsules 3 times per day or 3 capsules 2 times per day. I went with taking 3 capsules 2 times per day - one serving with breakfast & another with dinner. The capsules were easy to swallow and not the size of horse pills - in fact they were smaller than I thought.

To judge the effectiveness of Vector I'll use different categories.....

Strength 9/10 - Made some serious gainz on my compound lifts and PRd on all three of them. After my 30 day cycle I saw increases as follows: Bench +10lbs, Squat +10lbs, Deadlifts +20lbs to my 1RMs. My accessory lifts also felt easier and noticed weight increases there also. After the 30 day cycle I thought maybe those increases would go down (10 days after cycle) nothing really so far - I was surprised.

Endurance 8/10 - There was a nice increase with my endurance: My rest times between sets were shortened during weight training sessions and I didn't feel like death following morning cardio sessions. I was taking other supplements that helped with endurance during this time but I feel like it was mostly from the Vector.

Mass 8/10 - During the 30 day cycle I gained 3lbs. My appetite grew each day as I was gaining more muscle. My wife was getting pissed with the grocery bill being more costly during this time. I did notice more muscle in my shoulders/chest region along with my quads.

Overall I was very pleased with the outcome with Vector after only 30 days. I would think you would get even more out of this with an 8 week cycle. I used this for Mass gaining - however I did notice with the increase in calories I didn't feel like I was gaining a pudgy/fat composition. Everything was fairly lean with my body all while gaining body weight.

The cheapest value I could find was on the Black Lion Research/Suppz.com for $49.99. Each tub contains 180 capsules - 6 capsules per serving - 30 total servings ($1.67 per serving). In my opinion this isn't a bad price for a product with proven/research backed ingredients all while being highly effective. I do suggest grabbing two tubs for a full 8 week cycle. You could go any way with this - fat loss or bulk cycle. Suppz.com usually has discount/promo deals so be on the lookout for a lower price.

Side Effects

Crazy dreams while sleeping

Conclusion

In conclusion Black Lion Research Vector was a very solid natural anabolic. In fact I enjoyed it so much that I'm going to purchase two tubs and run an 8 week cycle with it. I feel like the price is justified based on the effectiveness I saw during my time reviewing it. You can usually find discount codes on Suppz.com so you may get Vector for a lower price. Thanks again to Black Lion Research for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

Overall
    Overall
    6.6
    Thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 12, 2018

• Underdosed Ingredients

Once again I would like to give a big thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for giving me another opportunity to review one of their products. This review is for Calibrate Performance Pre-Workout, I'm always on the lookout for a new pre-workout formula to try. Before these reviews I've never heard of HD Labs before as they aren't widely available. Here goes my review.....

The ingredient profile has a transparent label that features three main categories:

Base Ingredients (5 ingredients)
    Vitamin D 1,250IU
    Niacin 15mg
    Magnesium 80mg
    Chloride 60mg
    Sodi...

Base Ingredients (5 ingredients)
    Vitamin D 1,250IU
    Niacin 15mg
    Magnesium 80mg
    Chloride 60mg
    Sodium 40mg

Advanced Strength & Output Amplifier 5.1g (4 ingredients)
    CarnoSyn Beta Alanine 1.6g - Enables muscles to work at higher rates (Non-Essential Amino Acid)
    Creatine Monohydrate 1.5g - Provides energy to the muscles (Naturally Occurring)
    MagnaPower 1.0g - More solubility than creatine monohydrate (Magnesium Creatine Chelate)
    Trimethylglycine 1.0g - Known as Betaine: Works similar to Creatine

Extreme Vasodilation & Muscle Oxygenation Matrix 625mg (2 ingredients)
    L Citrulline Malate 500mg - N.O. enhancing effect
    HydroMax 125mg - Better hydration/Pumps (65% Glycerol Powder)

High Performance Energy & Nootropic Blend 240mg (3 ingredients)
    Caffeine 125mg - Energy enhancer (stim)
    Infinergy Dicaffeine Malate 102.5mg - 73% caffeine per 1g using malic acid instead of citric acid
    Citicoline 12.5mg - Nootropic enhancing focus/concentration

A good list of ingredients however most of them are under-dosed.

Taste - I received the Raspberry Punch flavor which is the only one currently available. I enjoyed the flavor as it wasn't too sweet but it had a little bit of a chemical tasting after taste. Overall I'd give taste a 7/10.

Mixability - There was some settling with the creatine however after a few shakes it went away. Otherwise there were no issues with clumping.

Dosing - Mixed 1-2 scoops depending on energy needs with 6 oz of water: drank 20-30 min before training.

In terms of effectiveness Calibrate was a hit or miss for me depending on the amount of scoops I took. While taking the one scoop serving before training I only noticed a slight increase with my performance levels. Energy was the biggest hit but it wasn't a big increase, some days I didn't feel much of anything at all. With strength/vasodilation (NO levels) as the other two areas I was focusing on there wasn't much there. However when I used a two scoop serving it felt like a pre-workout should in my mind. All levels were a hit and my performance levels definitely increased during my workouts. Overall it was underwhelming at one scoop and solid with two scoops - however using two scoops leaves you with 16 total servings.

The only value I could find was on the HD Labs Nutrition website for $50. Each tub contains 32 servings so you're looking at around $1.56 per serving. For an under-dosed pre-workout that may need a two scoop serving: its a big price to pay. There's not too many pre-workouts that I'd pay $1.56 oer serving - and if they are worth that price its because of the effectiveness/ingredient profile.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion HD Labs Nutrition Calibrate was a hit or miss for me. One scoop didn't do much however at two scoops it was much more of a hit. Things that are hurting this product: Under-dosed ingredients/Price and those are two big areas of emphasis. I'd like to see the ingredients dosed properly or take some ingredients out and replace them with others. Once again I'd like to thank HD Labs Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.

6.2
    Thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 8, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Endurance
    • Tastes Great
    • Recovery

I'd like to give a big thanks to HD Labs Nutrition for giving me the opportunity to review Sustain Intra Recovery. This was the first time I've heard of HD Labs Nutrition and I like trying out new companies to see what they are all about. Not only for that reason but after checking out the ingredient profile I put in a claim as I've been using Intra Workouts as of late. Sustain Intra Recovery is a mixture of two different categories: recovery & energy.

The label has a transparent ingredient profile that features a 2:1:1 BCAA ratio, 1.35g Choline Bitartrate, 117mg VitaShure Caffeine.

Thiamin 1.1mg - Known as Vitamin B1: Its used to treat deficiency which can cause inflammation to nerves.

Riboflavin 1.17mg - Known as Vitamin B2: Helps the body function properly: water soluble.

Vitamin B6 2mg - Known as Pyridoxine: Essential vitamin for production of Neurotransmitters.

Vitamin B12 10mg - Water soluble vitamin that keeps blood cells & nerves healthy.

Choline 550mg - Essential nutrient for the functioning of all cells: Made within our body but in insufficient amounts.

Chloride 190mg - Negative Ion Electrolyte

Sodium 80mg - Positive Ion Electrolyte

Potassium 210mg - Positive Ion Electrolyte
    ____________________________________________________________________________

2:1:1 BCAAs 5g - Recovery, Building blocks of protein

Choline Bitartrate 1.35g - Contains 41% Choline by weight or 410mg per 1g

VitaShure Caffeine 117mg - Energy/Stim

Taste - I received the Crackberry-Lemonade flavor which seems to be the only one currently available. I really enjoyed the taste as it had a blackberry/lemonade mixture that wasn't over powering. In fact the taste for that type of mixture seemed to be on point. Overall I'd give taste a 9/10.

Mixability - No issues as I only mixed Sustain with water during this review. There was no clumping, settlement or anything like that.... just some light foaming as expected with most BCAA mixtures.

Dosing - I dosed this as an intra-workout during my first of two workouts during the day. My first workout is a cardio session in the morning. I mixed one scoop with 12 oz water and sipped on while training. You can really take this just about any time for example: between meals, post workout, intra-workout, pre-workout.

Sustain Intra Recovery was solid for increased energy, endurance, recovery in that order. Although 117mg of Caffeine doesn't seem like much it was all I needed to help me get through morning workouts. I hate cardio but it has to be done and Sustain gave me just enough energy to get through training without having to use a regular pre-workout, energy drink or coffee - all while helping to aid with recovery. The added electrolytes got me through cardio sessions... although I trained in the mornings my garage gym temp was still in the high 80's low 90's so I was sweating quite a bit. At no time did I experience any kind of dehyrdation effects. Lastly my recovery was increased but it wasn't in a big way. Recovery was aided but not in a big way - I could tell there was an increased recovery effort with my body but it wasn't enough to be earth shattering. Sustain lived up to its label but I feel like there could be more added.

The only value I could find was on the HD Labs Nutrition website for $35. Each tub contains 30 servings so your looking at a price of around $1.17 per serving. To me this is on the high-end for an intra-workout supplement when compared to similar products. I understand this isn't widely available so I'm guessing the price might go down if that happens.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion Sustain Intra Recovery is a "good" mixture of recovery/energy however the price is a downer for me. The taste was great and hope to see more flavors in the future. Like I said in the effectiveness section I felt like something was missing - maybe more with recovery??? Anyways I'd like to thank HD Labs Nutrition for participating in the SR TROOP Program.