workoutguru

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by workoutguru

(Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!)
First off I want to thank NooWave supplements for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is my first ever NooWave product I have tried. I see that this company has been coming out with some newer products geared toward focus and energy. This product is going to help you more with energy and some focus.

This pretty is simple. This is made up of three main ingredients
Caffeine Citrate 100mg
Dicaffeine Malate as infingery 100mg
L-Theanine 200mg.

This pretty is simple. This is made up of three main ingredients
Caffeine Citrate 100mg
Dicaffeine Malate as infingery 100mg
L-Theanine 200mg.

I like how they use the two different kinds of caffeine so it hits you at different times. The caffeine citrate is a quick acting caffeine that will hit you right away so you start to feel it a lot quicker. The dicaffeine malate is fused with malic acid which works to buffer the salts in caffeine, allowing for easier digestion while also replenishing the energy produced by caffeine. This helps to minimize that post caffeine crash. This is also a bit more milder of a caffeine and it lasts longer. The L-Theanine combined with the two types of caffeine will help give you that cognitive enhancing effects. The caffeine will help increase your level of alertness, while Theanine will help to reduce some of the anxiety and nervousness that can occur when using stimulants. This translates to an alert and focused state.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on amazon.com for $16.72 for 20 servings. The only other place that you can get this is on their website and they want $19.99. This company is not widely available and would like to see more sites start carrying their products. The price they want on amazon I don't think is to bad for a product like this. I would not want to spend any more than $20 at most for a product like this.

Taste:
These come in pill form so no real taste to them at all. I know sometimes pills can leave a weird taste in your mouth but not with these.

Mixing/Dosing:
Nothing to mix. The dosing is pretty simple. It says to take 1-2 capsules whenever focused energy is desired. I started out with 1 capsules for awhile and then upped it to 2 which I found to be a lot more effective for me. I would normally take this in the mornings to help get me going more. This could also be stacked with your pre-workout or any other supplements you may use.

With this product they claim it will help you with energy, alertness, and focus. I would take this mainly in the mornings before work to help give me a little more energy and help me feel more alert and give me some better focus. I found it to be ok on energy. This was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. I could feel a slight buzz of energy but nothing real crazy like. I would have liked it to have been a little stronger. If your doing one capsule you won't really notice to much of an energy boost. If you up this to two capsules it will hit you a little harder but still nothing that I was real crazy about. I would say if your taking a pre-workout that's not real heavy on stims this would be good to stack with it to help give you a little more on stims. I know at first when I started to take this I could feel it a bit but after awhile it did not seem to be as effective for me.

My alertness and focus was ok. I never noticed any real laser like focus from this but then again it does not have anything else in this besides the theanine to help with focus. I do like that they use a good amount of theanine but would like some other stuff in here to help more. I know this is more of an energy based product rather than focus. I felt that the bit of focus it gave me was good at first but seemed to wear off not long after and I took it. My over all alertness was ok nothing that really got my attention in the way of alertness. I know after I was using this for awhile I started to feel like this was not doing much for me anymore. I think a product like this is better if you are stacking it with something else like a pre-workout or amino product more so than on it's own.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
I thought overall this was an ok product. This was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. It did help me some but nothing I was real crazy about. When I first started to use it I could feel it more but after awhile it seemed to be less effective for me. I would say if you need a little something extra to add to your pre-workout or amino product then this would be good to use with it. On it's own I did not think it was real outstanding and overly effective. It's not a horrible product but just did not do a real lot for me. If I would have been stacking this with my pre-workout I think it would have been more effective for me and feel this is how you should be using it. I think for a product like this it is really not worth having again unless I am going to be stack it with something else. I would say if you can get a good deal on it it's worth maybe giving a try at least once but I don't think it would be something you would want as one of your staple products to have all the time. Again I want to give a big shout out to NooWave for letting me have the chance to try this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Focus
  • Better Alertness
  • Better Mood

(Thanks to GTNĀ® Fuel Your Performance. for sending it out!)
    First off I want to thank GT Nutrition for letting us troopers have the chance to give this products a try. I have used a few of their other products and liked what they had. There other protein product they have Power 7 was my first product I got to try from them. That I thought was a pretty decent product. When I heard they were coming out with a more whey type protein I had to give it a try. This you will find is a little more than just straight whey protein this is more of a blend which I will explain.

Ingredients:
    In this product you will get 25g of protein per scoop which is a decent...

Ingredients:
    In this product you will get 25g of protein per scoop which is a decent amount and like to have at least this amount. This is made up of a blend consisting of ultra filtered whey protein concentrate, whey protein isolate, and whey protein hydrolysate. It would be kind of nice to know just how this 25g is broken down between the three different proteins. I like that this is gluten free. There are no added sugars. Does have a good amount of BCAA's and EAA's. You get 130 calories per servings. I like that this is lower in carbs and fats 3g carbs and 2g fats. It may be a little low on the sodium at 50mg but I am ok with that since I do consume a fair amount through out the day. They manufacture this in GMP facility and is free of any banned substances which is nice.

Value:
    The right now the only place I am really finding this is on GT website and Amazon. They want $27.99 for 28 servings on amazon and $29.99 on their website. So right around about a $1 or so per serving. I don't think that is to bad a price considering this is a more blended type protein. If your someone that goes through protein rather quickly having a 5lb tub would be nice if they had it

Taste:
    I decided to go with the cinnamon bun. This flavor I know can be a real hit or miss just depends on how they go about flavoring it. Before I start using a protein I always like to smell the powder first and see if it tastes just like it smells. I noticed right away it had that real strong cinnamon smell to it. I thought this tasted pretty good and was not to sweet. It's not a super strong taste to it but decent. I noticed when mixed with water it seemed to give it a little bit of a watered down taste to it. I would say if your going to use water not to use a real lot or it will water down the taste a bit. It does have that nice cinnamon taste to it but nothing that is to over powering. No weird after taste to this which is nice because I have noticed that with a different protein I am using right now. This was a flavor that was worth trying once but would probably not get it again and go with some of their other flavors.

Mixing/Dosing
    Had no issues with it mixing. Seemed to mix fairly well with no left over pieces or any thing stuck to the bottom of my shaker bottle. I used this post workout only. I would do 1 scoop after my workout. Never did more than 1 scoop at a time. Only used this on days I would workout and only once per day.

Every once in awhile I like to change things up a little and use a more blended type protein product which I have had good results from. The biggest thing I look for in a protein is how well it digests in your system and what kind of recovery it gives you. This I thought was really good on my stomach for the most part and never really caused me any unwanted digestive issues. There was maybe just a little bit of an issue with some gas but nothing to bad. Never really noticed much in the way of bloating in my stomach which was nice. Most of the time I felt pretty good after taking this. When mixed this was very smooth and very easy to drink. No thickness to this or clumps at all. Usually when I would take this I could feel it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full like. The feeling of being more full like was good if I new I was not going to be able to eat regular foods for awhile after taking this. I felt my recovery on this was pretty good. Lately I have been backing off just a little on some of the heavier weight and I think that is contributed to me being a little less sore. There were still times I would up the weight a bit and go a little heavier than normal and I feel this still helped me to recovery a lot better and not be as sore. I know my DOMS seemed to be way down when I used this. Since I started taking this I feel it has helped me pack on a little more size and muscle mass. My strength I felt was up a little while using this. I know on some of my lifts I felt I was lifting a little heavier than normal and doing it a little easier. I like how this can be used a few different ways instead of just post workout. I think over all it has a decent amount of protein at 25g. Would I prefer blended proteins more so than just regular whey no but it is kind of nice for a change once in awhile.

Side Effects:
    Nothing I really noticed or was worth mentioning.

Overall:
    I thought for being more of a blended type protein this was a fairly decent product and really enjoyed it. I feel that GT Nutrition did a good job with this product and feel they have a good product on hand. I like the idea behind blended proteins and how they can be used in more ways than just post workout. This was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness but I feel it still worked well for me and helped me get the job done. Right now hardly anyone carries their product line and would like to see more sites start selling their products. I think for the price and being a blended type protein this is worth giving a try. I feel this would be a protein I would be more than happy to give another try and would like to try some of their other flavors instead. Again I want to give a big shout out to GT Nutrition for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • No Stomach Issues
    • Good Recovery
    • Strength Gains
    • Reduces Soreness
    • Would Like To See It In A 5lb Container

(Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!)
    First off I want to thank Evlution Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. This was my fist ever Nootropics product I have used. I had been wanting to give this product a try ever since they released it and was hoping it might show up on the trooper program and it finally did. When they put this on the trooper program I seen they only put one bottle on there and figured I would have a really hard time trying to claim this once it became available. I would like to see them put this back on the trooper program so more people can try this and help get them some more reviews. I think having only one review is not enough to really gauge just how good of a product this is because not everyone reacts the same to a product. I really like the idea behind these kind of products. I was really looking forward to giving this a try once I was able to claim it. I know what it's like when I take a pre-workout that has really good focus ingredients and with this being strickly a focus product I figured it would be pretty good.

Ingredients:
    I am not totally familiar with a lot of the ingredients they use in Nootropics but from what I noticed this is decently dosed at 2 caps. If you go with three caps you will really notice this a lot more and feel that is how it should be dosed. I am glad to see everything is listed in here and no prop blends. The one ingredient that really seems to be lacking a bit is the Theacrine at 25mg. I have heard the amount that you should be getting is at least 100mg to be a lot more effective. This is designed to help you with Metal Focus, Performance, Motivation, Memory, Energy, and Mood. Here is a little better breakdown as to what each ingredient is and what it does.

N-ACETYL L-TYROSINE (600mg)
    A more soluable form of L-Tyrosine, which is an amino acid and nutrient precursor for approximately 90% of the brain's 3 stimulatory catecholamines (dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine).

GUARANA SEED EXTRACT (340mg)
    Sourced from the Amazon, Guarana Seed naturally contains guaranine, which helps support energy, endurance, performance, mental focus and alertness levels.

ALPHA-GPC (200mg)
    Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine (Alpha-GPC) is a plant based compound that is a natural precursor to acetylcholine, which plays a role in memory, focus, and cognitive function.

CHOLINE BITARTRATE (200mg)
    A more bioavailable form of choline that supports the production of acetylcholine, which plays a role in memory, focus, and cognitive function.*

Theacrine (as TeaCrine) (25mg)
    Derived from a unique molecule in tea leaves and using the only validated for purity form, Theacrine (as TeaCrine) supports mood, focus and concentration and energy without jitters.*

ZEMBRIN (25mg)
    Clinically studied extract of the South African plant Sceletium Tortuosum. Helps support mood, motivation, focus and attention.*

HUPERZINE SERRATA EXTRACT (10 mg)
    Sourced from the Clubmoss plant, Huperzine Serrata is a natural acetylcholinesterase inhibitor, which by promoting higher levels of acetylcholine - an essential neurotransmitter for many mental functions, helps support mental focus and concentration.

Value:
    Right now hardly any sites carry this product or product line. bodybuilding.com is the one place I could find this and they want $29.99 for 30 servings. With not being as familiar with Nootropics and how they are usually price these kind of products it's a little harder for me to give this as good a rating as I maybe should. I am going to say for the price they want for this I don't think it's to bad. So basically a dollar a serving. If you can do the 2 caps its decent but if you need that third cap it does bring the price down a little.

Taste:
    No taste these come in capsules

Mixing/Dosing:
    Nothing to mix. Dosing is pretty simple. They say to take 2 cap with a glass of water. For best results they say to take after breakfast in the morning. They say not to take 2 hours before bed and you may have trouble sleeping. In the mornings before I would heard to work is when I normally would take this. I wanted that little better focus and energy to help get me going better. I started out with 2 caps for most of the bottle then I upped it to 3 caps to see if I would notice any real difference and I did. I felt this was a lot better at 3 caps instead of 2.

What better than something that will give you some better mind and mental focus. Like I said above this was my first time every using a Nootropics type product so can't really compare it to other products out there and know if it was any better or not. A product like this is made to help people focus better on work, study, training, and gamers. I was hoping this would give me a little better mind, mental focus, mood and energy. I used this mainly in the mornings before I would head to work. I like to be able to start my day off at work with a good clear mind so I can focus better and help keep me in a better mood along with a little extra energy. I think for the most part this helped me some. It felt like it seemed to help more and I seemed to do better at work and could better concentrate more on what I was doing. I felt like it was just enough to help get me going but could have been a bit more. For me this felt like it could only do so much and could not go the next level it was trying to do. This I noticed at 2 capsules. When I upped it to 3 caps it seemed to help a lot more which was better. I did enjoy it on days when I took it in the morning. A few times I forgot to take it in the morning and could notice I was not using it. I did not feel as alert and my energy was not as good either. It also seemed to be easier to let other little distraction like things bother me more.

While I was using this I had some stuff come up that was really stressing me out a lot. When I get stuff on me that really bothers me I feel horrible for awhile until it finally passes. I figured with the things I was going through this would be a good time to use this product and see if it can help to clear my mind some. This was going to be a big test for me to see if this product was as good as they say it is. I will say I thought this helped me fairly well at handling the stress better. I know my mind would feel more clear and could concentrate a lot better on other stuff. I was really glad to have this at the time I did because I felt it helped me a lot doing that time. For me when I get things on my mind that really bother me a lot it can be really hard to not think about it and not let it stress me out. I am the kind of person when I get really stressed out I don't eat and that's not good especially when I lift all the time. I think overall it really helped me get through this a lot better than I probably would have if I would not have had this.

On days when I was not working I would not always take this right away in the mornings. A lot of the time I would wait until later in the afternoon shortly before I would go and workout. I wanted to add this to my pre-workout to help give me that better mental focus. I think it did help me some but I never felt that super crazy like mental focus I like to have even though the pre-workout I was using did have some of those ingredients in it. I know lately some of the pre-workouts I have been using have had more mental focus like ingredients in them. I am not sure if you can get more use to mental focus ingredients if you use them all the time like you can with caffeine and stims where it does not work as well after so long and you need to cycle off them for awhile.

Side Effects:
    Nothing I noticed but heard if taken to close to bed time you may have trouble sleeping.

Overall:
    I really enjoy using this kind of a product. I think this product did what it was suppose to do for me. I think this product has a lot of potential to it but just feel that it is missing a little something in this to help take it to the next level and be a little more effective. With this being my first ever Nootropics product I have used I can't really compare it to any other brands out there and know if it is any better of a product than they are. I would be more than happy to give this another try but first want to try some other brands just to see if I notice any big differences. I think this product is more than worth giving a try. What I like about this kind of product is that anyone can use this and benefit from it not just people who workout. I would like to see more sites start carrying this product and product line. I think overall they do make some decent products which I have used. Again I want to give a big shout out to EVl for making a product like this and for letting me try it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Mental Focus
    • Better Mood
    • More Alterness
    • Lower Anxienty

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
      First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is their new pre-workout they just came out with. I was a little unsure if I wanted to try this or not. After I has claimed one of their other products on here I was give some samples of this try to. After trying the samples (which I really liked) I had to get this if it came up on the trooper program again. It was a great product for me but with some really unwanted sides to go with it.

Ingredients:
      This is made up of three main categories. First you get your intense pump blend 3,300mg. Second you get Maximum Energy Blend 632.5mg. Third you get Focus & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503mg. Plus you get some Niacin, Vitamin B12, and Calcium. What I don't like about each of these categories is that they are made up of prop blends. I would really like to know how much of everything I am getting especially the caffeine. I do think most everything is fairly well dosed and comes out to the right amounts to make up the total amount they use. I like that they use three sources of caffeine so it hits you in three different stages during your workout. Also I noticed they take a little different approach to the pump blend which I thought was rather interesting. I also like that they put stuff in here to help with mental focus. I think having good ingredients in a pre-workout to help with your mental focus is a big plus.

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com for $29.99 for 30 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for this. $30 I think is the most I think you should have to pay for a pre-workout. This will cost you around $1 per serving which I am ok with.

Taste:
      I requested the cherry lime Italian ice flavor and that is what they sent me. I will say that this was a little on the strong side for taste. I did notice right away when I would drink this that it had just a little bit of a chemical taste to it. Nothing I was to worry about but was noticeable for me. It was not to bad a flavor but was a little on the tart side. From what I can remember I think their other flavors were a little better than this. I would usually just slam this each time I drank it so I did not have to taste it as much.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Mixing was real simple with this. All I needed to do was a just a few little shake in my shaker bottle and it was ready to go. I would start to mix right away when I filled this with water. You will get no little left over pieces when mixed. What I don't like is this is very heavy in dyes. This has a very bright red color to it. Please get rid of the dyes. I don't like them or need them. So what if it makes your pre-workout look cooler. Just a cloudy like color is all I need. I just don't like having to stomach all of these dyes. Dosing is pretty simple. I would do just one scoop about 15-20mins before my workout. I would maybe be a little careful if you think you need more than one scoop since this is rather stim heavy.

This is more of a stim heavy pre-workout than anything else. If your getting this for more than stims this maybe not the pre-workout you want. For someone like me I am a bit of a stim junky and can usually handle higher amounts of stims. For me this felt almost right on for the amount of stims I like to have. I prefer to have around 300-350mg at least and 400 being around my max. The energy I got from this seemed to stay pretty consistence and would usually last me through out my whole workout which was nice. I like the 3 different stages of caffeine they use and feel this really helped me a lot to keep that energy going. I never felt to jittery at all when I used this which was nice. There were a few times I felt this got my heart racing a little more so than normal but most of the time I felt pretty good. I had to really be hitting my workout harder and taking very little time between set and going a little heavier to really feel this hit me a lot harder where I could start to feel my heart start to race a little more so than normal. I think my overall endurance was pretty good. I always felt good and never felt overly winded and or had and real heavy breathing issues. I will say that if your someone that is not use to heavy stims or a bit more sensitive to them this will hit you rather hard. If your just starting out using pre-workouts I would probably not start with this until you get more use to them.

I noticed they take a little different approach to the ingredients they use for pumps. Not really sure I like this approach that much. I think the pumps I got from this were ok nothing real great but have had better ones. They started out feeling pretty decent like almost painful like for about the first week or so and then started to feel them less and less. I was adding some citrulline to this and I think that made the pumps a bit more noticeable and a bit painful like at times. I always have trouble noticing pumps and when I stop feeling them it hard to start feeling them again.

The focus I got from this was I thought was fairly decent. This won't give you that extreme tunnel vision like focus but it still gives enough to help keeping you go during your workout. I could tell that my focus was a lot better but I think could have been even a little more. I know I was able to block out some other issues I was dealing with and feel this helped me focus a little more on my workout.

I can't say this really helped me a lot with any strength gains but then again I was not really training to gain more strength in general. Right now I try to lift semi heavy on weight and I think it was pretty consistence at helping me with that. With everything I mentioned in the effectiveness part I thought it was pretty decent pre-workout expect for one major issue I always seemed to have a lot when I used this which I did not like at all. Before I would take this I would usually try and eat a little something just incase it would cause me any stomach issues. It seemed like when I would take this and get about halfway through my workout I would start to get this bit of upset stomach feeling. It would make me feel nauseous like and it would really effect my workouts and would almost have to stop and just wait for it to go away. I thought by eating a little something before I took this would help buffer my stomach but that did not seem to help to much. I know some days were worse than others and some days I would not notice it much at all and it would be great with how well it worked then. I heard that the ingredient Rauwolfa (it's a kind of root bark) they use in this can cause upset stomach and that is the only thing I can think of that must be causing me this issue. If there is something else in this that is causing it I would really like to know. It was really frustrating trying to workout some days when this would really start to bother me. When I got a little over half way through the container I wanted to quit taking this and starting taking something else but did not have any other pre-workouts at the moment to use so I stuck with this.

Side Effects:
      Just the really bad upset stomach I would always get when I used this.

Overall:
      This was a pre-workout I really enjoyed except for the side effects I got from it. For being a stim heavy based pre-workout I thought it worked pretty good. I am not usually into just real heavy stim base pre-workouts but I was ok with this one. I felt it was pretty effective for me and worked. The major down side to this product was the really bad upset stomach it always gave me. Because of the bad upset stomach this always gave me I have to pass on wanting to use it again even though I did enjoy it for the effectiveness. If your looking for a great stim based pre-workout I would highly recommend giving this a try. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for letting me try this.
      • Increase Focus
      • Contains Proprietary Blends
      • Some Sides
      • Dyes
      • Heavily Flavored

First I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to try this. This was my third and finally product I requested to try from them. I noticed as I was in the process of starting this review they have since discontinued this product I noticed on here and are going to be replacing it with a newer pre-workout they are calling Virus Mutated. I figured I would still do the review anyways and now hope I get the chance to try the newer pre-workout when that comes out so I can compare the two products.

Ingredients:
      I feel this has a well rounded list of ingredients in it. Not...

Ingredients:
      I feel this has a well rounded list of ingredients in it. Nothing in this is really going to wow you to much I feel but are proven ingredients that do work. I think some of the dosage amount they use is a little odd. One thing I do really like is that they stay away from using any prop blends. I am glad to know how much of everything I am getting. You will get some energy, pump, and focus ingredients which is nice. I do think some of the ingredients are a little under dosed and would like to see them upped some. The one ingredient I had never heard of before and thought was rather interesting that they use is the Cymbidium Goerringii (flower) Extract. After reading up on this a little I kind of like it. Here is what I found on their website as to what this is and does.

"Extracted from the Noble Orchid found in China and Nepal, this pure, flower derived compound produces an intense increase in nitric oxide production in the body. Coupled with effective vasodilation effects makes it the basis for the extreme muscle engorging side-effect that VIRUS produces. Cymbidium Goeringii is also a highly active adaptogen that allows us to thrive under extreme stress".

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on outbreaknutrition.com website. I did notice that they are now selling this brand on tigerfitness.com I was a bit surprised to see that it was a little cheaper on their website. Usually other retail sites are cheaper than the companies own website. They want $29.99 for 28 servings and on tigerfitness.com they want $34.99. For 28 servings I think the $29.99 price is not to bad. I feel that $30 is the highest I care to spend for a pre-workout unless its something that is outstanding of a product and then I would be ok with spending a few dollars more.

Taste:
      I had the sour apple flavor. This was ok to drink. It was nothing real outstanding but nothing that you will dread having to down. I think it could of had just a little stronger of a taste to it and maybe be just a little sweeter.

Mixing/Dosing:
      No real issues with it mixing. When mixed it did have a little bit of a green color to it. Because of the color means there are some dyes in this which I am just not a fan of at all. Don't need them or want them. Dosing was pretty simple. I would do one scoop pre-workout. At times I felt I could have done 1 1/2 to 2 scoops instead of just one scoop but never did that. If I was to use this again that is how I would dose it so it would be a little more effective for me instead of just one scoop.

Let's start off with the most important part of a pre-workout most people look for and that is energy. I thought it was a little odd the amount they came up with for caffeine. There is 214mg of caffeine in this. If your more of a stim junky like me this will be a bit on the low side for you. I like to have around 300mg-350mg at least. I find that amount to be a lot more effective for me. I think with the amount they put in here is a bit on the low side. If your someone that is more sensitive on the caffeine part this will be a decent amount for you. For energy it was ok but would have liked it to have been a little stronger. I know some days it felt like it was a little harder to really feel this kick in and get me going more. On some days this was really hit or miss on energy. Also the energy I got never seemed to really last that long and get me through my whole workouts on some days. I do like to have some good amounts of caffeine but not to the point that it makes you feel all cracked out and jittery like.

I do feel this has some good amounts of agmatine in it at 803mg to help with pumps. I would rather have it bumped up to at least 1g which I think is a more effective amount. I did notice some pumps from this nothing that was real crazy like or painful but were a least noticeable. The pumps I did get never seemed to last that long unless I was really hitting it hard and taking very little time between sets.

The focus I got from this was better than I thought it would be but nothing crazy like. At times when I was starting to lose some of the energy effects I could still my focus was on track to help keep me going a little more. By no means did this give me the tunnel vision I like to have where I can push through my workouts a lot better without all the other distractions. I am glad to see when companies put focus ingredients in their products because I feel they are a real plus to have and really help you more in your workouts.

They use TheaCrine to help with thermo effects. This is suppose to help get your body temps to rise a little more so you start to sweat more. For me I did not feel a real lot from this. For me to really feel much of the thermo effects I had to really be hitting it hard and really going after it with very little time between sets. I know some people will react a lot more differently to TheaCrine and it will affect them a lot more but I did not respond to it that well. I did sweat a little more while using this but it was nothing real crazy like or out of the norm I am use to noticing in terms of sweating.

I think overall this has a lot of potential but just missed it a bit for me. For the most part I felt my lifts stayed about the same. I never really noticed any big increases in my strength or felt I was able to push around some of that heavier weight. Some days it felt a little better than others just depended on what I was working that day. How I felt overall each time I would workout really varied a lot for me. This was not always that consistent for me in terms of how effective it was. It's not a bad product by any means just a little tweaking of the ingredients and we could see a fairly decent product I think.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I think overall their approach to this pre-workout is good. I just feel they missed the mark a little on a couple key areas. I think with some tweaking of the ingredients this could be a much better product and a bit more effective. I am really interested in seeing how they change things up with their new version of this they are coming out with called Virus Mutated. I think if they go in the right direction with this new pre-workout it could be a pretty decent product. I think if your more of an average lifter and not real serious this will work great for you. For someone like me that is a lot more serious into lifting this did not do a real lot for me. I mean it did help me some but nothing I am use to like I have gotten with other pre-workouts. I think for the price it's worth giving a try. Since this is being discontinued you will probably see the price drop I hope and if it does then I would for sure get it. Until I see this newer version come out I will pass on using this again. Again I want to give a big shout out to Outbreak Nutrition for letting me try this and their other products.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Excellent Focus
      • Some Energy
      • Good Focus
      • Cool Glow-In-The-Dark Label
      • Very Cool Branding
      • Decent Pump
      • Overall Not Enough Energy
      • Some Ingredients Need Dosage Tweaking
      • Ineffective In Key Areas

First off I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I am really big fan of pump products and when I saw this I had to give it a try. Who does not like that good pump feeling and look more vascular. I know pump products are not real important to have but they are nice to have when you get the chance to use them. This will be my second product from them I have gotten the chance to try. For a pump product this seems to hit the mark for me.

Ingredients:
      For the most part I think the profile is pretty decent. Everything seems to be dosed fairly well. I would like to see the agmatine upped to 1g. No prop blends which is nice and is fully disclosed so you know just how much of everything you are getting. With the addition of hydromax I think this great to see and been noticing more companies using it. The ingredient I did not know much about is epicatechin. From what I have been hearing it is suppose to be pretty good. It is an anti-oxidant found in green tea. Here is their description of what Epicatechin is I found on their website. "A protein signaling molecule called myostatin tells your body to start breaking down muscle for use as a food source; this is obviously not beneficial as we require our muscles for strength and endurance during the end times. Epicatechin has been shown to increase strength and decrease myostatin, preventing muscle breakdown and making you stronger and fitter!" As far as I know I have never had this ingredient before but really liked having it and for what it is suppose to do.

Value:
      Right now the only place to get their products is on their website outbreaknutrition.com They want $34.99 for 28 servings. I think for a pump product that is just little to high for me. I would rather seeing this between the $25-$30 range at most. I know with the added epicatechin does make the price tag a little higher for this.

Taste:
      I had the Candy Grape flavor. I thought this tasted pretty good for a grape flavor. On it's own it was maybe just a little sweet for my liking but not to bad. Most of the time I mixed it with my pre-workout. If you are someone that is not a real big fan of grape I think this will be a grape you will enjoy.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Mixed very well with very little issues. There are some dyes in this since it does have a light purple color to it which I would rather not have. Just not a fan of dyes and see no point in having them. Dosing is very simple 1 scoop pre-workout and your ready to go. I would say take it 15-20 mins before workout.

I feel this was a fairly solid pump product. The pumps I got from this were decent maybe not as good as some of the other pumps I gotten from other pump products I have used but were noticeable. The pumps I got from this were never to the point that they were to painful like which was kind of nice in away. The pumps I got lasted a long time as long as I was really hitting it hard and taking very little time between sets. I do think this helped me look a lot more vascular and kept my muscles looking a lot more full like. I was noticing while using this that the veins in my forearms where really popping a lot more so. I think there is nothing better than having that more swole look in your muscles and feel this did a good job at that. I think my overall endurance and performance was better. I give a lot of that credit to the added epicatechin which I am now a believer in and feel that it does help. On it's own it was ok but when I added it to my pre-workout I thought it was very much improved. I would say if your going to use this I would stack it with a pre-workout because you will find it to be a lot better when you do that.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I think this is a great amplifier to any pre-workout you are using to help give you that pump and help you look more vascular. No, pump products are not super important to have but are nice when you can use them. I would say this was a fairly decent pump product and worth giving a try. I would like to see the price drop a little but can understand why the higher price tag because of the epicatechin they use. If you want a product that will give you decent pumps that won't hurt you in terms of being to painful and help you look more vascular this is a great product to check out. Again I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for letting have the chance to try this product.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Pump
      • No Proprietary Blends
      • Solid Pumps
      • Epicatechin
      • Endurance

First off I want to thank OutBreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. This is my first time using any of their products. I give them big props for the cool labeling they use and how they went about naming each of their products. I am a really big fan of amino products and always use them. When I can find something new like this I am always up for giving it a try. Was this for me any better than a lot of the other amino product I have used well yes and no.

Ingredients:
      I think for the most part the ingredient profile is decent. The amino ratio in this is 2:1:1. That is pretty much your standard ratio a lot of companies use. I do like the added carbs and dextrose. I think both of those ingredients can really aid in your recovery better. I Also like that they use ActiGin in this. Here is a list of things ActiGin does that I found on their website.
      Speed up muscle fatigue recovery by increasing glycogen recovery rate of exercised muscles by 373% at the end of the third hour of a 70% VO2 max cycling exercise
      Increase energy catalyst citrate synthase activity by 47%
      Increase endurance in high-intensity exercise by 20% at 80% VO2max to exhaustion
      Decrease muscle damage (Creatine kinase) by 69% after day four of exercise
      Reduce free radical damage to muscle after exercise (MDA synthesis, an oxidative stress marker) by 44% on day four after high-intensity exercise
      Reduce inflammation by decreasing IL-6 synthesis, a pro-inflammatory cytokine, by 35% on day four after high-intensity exercise

I did notice they put 6g of protein in this. I thought that was a little odd having that in here and at the amount they used.

Value:
      Right now the only place you can get this is on Outbreak's website. They want $44.99 for 60 servings. I think that price is a little high because most likely you will want to use at least 2 scoops. If you can get by with one scoop it's not as bad but still a little high for my liking. For 30 servings which I got out of this $44.99 is just to high for me.

Taste:
      I wanted to try something a little different and saw they had a strawberry Margarita flavor and that is what I was sent. I thought it was pretty decent. Maybe just a little to sweet for my liking. At first I thought it was pretty good but after awhile I started to get tired of this flavor real quick. It has no real chemical taste to it at all which is nice. This will be something that will be enjoyable to sip on during your workouts. What a real strawberry Margarita tastes like I don't know since I have never had one but I am sure this tastes nothing like that lol.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Had no issues with mixing. No left over little pieces or settlement. There is a little bit of dyes in this since it does have a pinkish red color to it. Would rather there be no dyes. Dosing is pretty simple with this. you can take this intra-workout or post workout. I used this mainly intra-workout. It says to take 1-2 scoops. I found it to be better at 2 scoops.

I thought this was a decent product. I would say this is on par with a lot of the other amino products I have used. I do think this helped me some but nothing real drastic like. I do feel that while using this My DOMS where down a bit and my recovery was better. Usually after some of my harder workouts I am a bit more sore two days later but with this I seemed to feel a lot better. I was noticing that my endurance seemed to be a lot better while using this. It seemed like I was able to not take as long or needed to take as long between sets which was nice. I liked the added dextrose because I felt it really helped give me some extra energy to keep going longer in the gym. Lately I have felt I have been able to train a little heavier than normal and I feel this helped me in doing that because of how my body was feeling. I wouldn't say the effects I got from this were outstanding but it was enough to notice them help me perform a little better in the gym.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I thought overall it was a good product. It was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness but I do think it did help me. With all the amino products I have tried I would say this is one of the better ones out there. Regardless of what kind of lifter you are I think this will work for anybody. I think it's worth giving a try but the price tag they want right now is just a little to high for me. I would say if you get a chance to give this a try I think it is worth it at least once. Again I want to give a big shout out to Outbreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to try this.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decreased DOMS
      • Energy
      • Better Recovery
      • A Little Expensive

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
      First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I was in the need of some more creatine and I saw this come up on the trooper program. This looked rather interesting because this is a little different than your normal creatine. They call this S.M.A.R.T. which means it has slow, medium, acceerated, released, technology. I was up for trying something a little different and see if this would out do any of the other creatines I have used before.

Ingredients:
      I give them big props for not using any prop blends in this and list everything that is in here and how much you are getting. This is made up of three different types of creatine. I also like the approach behind this and how it's suppose to work.
      Magnapower which= extended release absorption slow acting
      creatine citrate= immediate absorption fast acting
      creatine pyruvate= medium range digestion medium acting

They also use sodium chloride to help with anti bloating which I like. I feel in each creatine they use is a little under dosed. You get a total of 3.6g of creatine in this and would like to see them up this a bit so you can get at least 5g which I find to be a more effective amount.

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on lockoutsupplements.com for $19.99 for 30 servings. That in my opinion is maybe a little high considering you are getting 3 different types of creatine and only getting a total of 3.6g instead of 5g which I think is a more effective amount you should be getting. I do think you can get some better deals out there for regular creatine and get a lot more servings. Considering what most other site are selling this for $25 range lockout's price is not as bad.

Taste:
      I wanted the lemon lime and that is what I got. I thought this tasted really good. It has that nice lemon lime taste to it without any kind of chemical taste to it. This was something I really enjoyed drinking and look forward to it each time. It won't be to sweet or tart which is nice.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Mixing was great with this. No left over little piece or residue. I did noticed that a little bit of this would always stick to the bottom of my shaker bottle. When mixing is has a kind of dark green color to it. This can on mean one thing there are some dyes in this which I don't like. It did stain the inside of my shaker bottle a little I noticed. Dosing is pretty simple. They say you can take this pre/intra/post. Normally I take my creatine after my workouts for recovery but lately I have been taking it before. I would take this at work during my last breaking about 2 hours before my workout. I did not like taking it that long before my workout but that was the only time I could take it (when I was working) and did not want to be taking it with my pre-workout. I would do just one scoop each time.

For me this seemed to hit me in a little different way than most regular creatines do. It seemed like it did not take as long for it to kick in to where I could feel it start to work for me. Usually with other creatines it takes me about two weeks before I would really start to notice it and with this I was noticing start to work right away as soon as I started using this product. This I thought worked great for me. It seemed like the longer I was on this the more I could tell it was really working. I felt better endurance wise and the pumps I got seemed to be a little better. They claim this will give you skin tearing muscle fullness. Well I would not say it was that extreme like but I do think it helped some. I felt like when I was on this my lifts seemed to go a lot better and could push through my more grueling workouts a lot better. The strength increases I got from this were not to the point to where I was setting new PR's but was able to push harder and go longer on my workouts with out feeling as fatigued. I think it really helped me more at doing my high volume training that I usually do. I think while I was on this I was able to drop a little weight and still put on some more lean muscle mass. I also noticed a lot less bloating from this and it was pretty easy on my stomach. I do think this helped me a bit with my recovery also because I was noticing less soreness the next day.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I thought this was a decent product and enjoyed using it. I really liked their idea behind this kind product. I think this was a good change up for me with the kinds of creatine I normally use. I would like to see them up the total amount of creatine from 3.6g to at least 5g. I think if they did that it would help make this a bit more effective. I think this would be worth trying again. Do I think this is that much better than a lot of the other creatines out there no but it will still help you get the job done. I would say if you get the chance this is worth giving a try. Again I want to thank VMI Sports for making this product and letting us try it.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Muscle Endurance
      • Better Pump
      • Full Label Disclosure
      • Increased Power
      • Needs To Increase Magnapower Dosage

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
      First off I want to thank Ronnie Coleman and his team for letting us troopers have the chance to try this. I have really been getting into amino products lately with caffeine in them and like to use them in the mornings as my coffee replacement. Awhile back I got to try his regular amino product amino tone and was interested in seeing how this would compare alone with a few extra things they put in here. I see they did add some new ingredients to this which I will explain below. I have used a few of this other products and thought they were decent products and look forward to using this.

I...

Ingredients:
      The profile for this is fairly long with a lot of stuff they put in here. This is a little more than just your normal BCAAs. I really like that they upped the aminos a bit from 4,000mg to 5,000mg. You get 125mg of caffeine in this which I thought was a bit on the low side and would like to see them upped this to around 200mg or so to help make this a little more effective. I also like the added AstraGin they use which helps absorb aminos and other ingredients better. I liked the approach they tried with adding the stim-free fat loss complex but for me I thought it was a little to weak and did not get much from that. They break this down into four different groups which I will list what they are but you can check out what's in each area below in the ingredient profile I posted.
      First you get your Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos) 2:1:1 ratio at 5,000mg
      Second INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex at 3,785mg
      Third STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex at 600mg
      Fourth Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex 600mg This is a whole new section they added which I kind of liked and I will explain a little more about it.
      What I don't like is that they list everything in these areas in prop blends which I don't like and would like to know just how much of each ingredient I am getting.

In this new area they added four new ingredients and I will break them down as to what they are and what they are suppose to do.

Green Tea Extract- A natural source of caffeine, Green tea also helps promotes, fat loss, provides antioxidant support and can help your body scavenge harmful free radicals.

Green Coffee Extract- Also a source of natural caffeine, unlike roasted coffee green coffee been extracts contains chlorogenic acid which may help your body release glucose and increase the metabolic process of your liver.

Rhodiola Rosea Extract- An adaptogen and natural extract that can help the body adapt to stress. Also supports both mental and physical performance.

Maca Extract- Another adaptogen that helps support hormone balance, immune system function, increased energy, sexual function, memory and focus.

Value:
      Right now the only place I can find this is on tigerfitness.com and they want $29.99 for 30 servings. I guess that is not to bad a price for a product like this at about a $1 a serving.

Taste:
      This comes in 4 flavors unicorn juice, America, mango pineapple and 50/50 tea. I decided to give the 50/50 tea a try. This is your mix of ice tea and lemonade kind of like an arnie palmer. I thought it was pretty good. It did not have that real over powering taste to and it was not to sweet or bitter at all. I thought it had that nice refreshing taste to it. I think it was a good mix between the two flavors ice tea and lemonade. I had this same flavor awhile back in a different amino product from another company and I think their flavor was just a little better but not by much. This I really enjoyed drinking each time.

Mixing/Dosing:
      This seemed to mix pretty well with no left over little pieces or much in the way of foam. Dosing was pretty simple. Since this contains caffeine for energy I would use this in the mornings as a replacement to coffee since I don't drink coffee. I would do one scoop in the mornings. At times I felt I could have done two scoops which would have made it a little more effective I think but never did. There were a few times I would take this later in the day if felt I needed a little extra recovery and energy but mainly would only take this in the mornings.

The new thing now is to add caffeine to your aminos. I am starting to see more companies come out with products like this which I like. I used to never really care for these kind of products with caffeine in it because I figured if I was going to be taking this during my workout it would be to much caffeine for me since I was all ready getting a lot from my pre-workout. I decided awhile back I would take a product like this in the mornings instead to help give me some extra recovery and energy. Since I don't like coffee and don't drink it this would be my replacement for that. When it comes to the amino part and how my recovery was I thought it was ok. I think it was on par with a lot of the other amino products I have tried. I did not think it was real outstanding but I do think it helped some. I am glad to see they did up the aminos in this a bit which I thought helped a little more. Leucine 2,000mg and now has 2,500, Isoleucine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg, and the Valine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg. I would like to see them go even a little higher but I am ok with what they have now. I think this did help take away some of the extra soreness I would feel from my workout the day before and helped me be more ready for later in the day when I would workout again. It seemed like my overall endurance was better in the mornings and could keep going more. This is also suppose to help with better hydration and I think it did a good job at helping with that. Sometime I have a hard time drink the amount of water I should be and with this it help keep me better hydrated.

The stim free fat loss complex they put in this I thought was a little on the weak side. At one scoop I could feel it some but nothing real crazy like. At two scoops I think this would have been a little more effective. I did notice some days I would start to sweat a little but depended more so on how active I was that morning and what I was doing. I do think this helped take away some of my appetite which I did not like so much since I am trying to bulk right now. I know my weight has gone down a little from not eating as much and don't like that right now. I like that they wanted to put this in here and there approach to this but they need to ether up the dosing a bit or just take it out all together.

In this they added a new section to this which I kind of liked called Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex at 600mg. In this area is where you get your energy and some stuff to help relief some stress and give you better mental focus. On the front of the label it says you get 125mg caffeine all natty. I think that amount is a bit to low for me. I would have liked to have it around 200mg or so. It did help some at getting me going but would have liked a bit more. I do like that they go all natty with the energy. By no means are you going to feel all jittery at all. For a nice little boost in energy this was ok but would have liked it to have been a bit more. I think the mental focus and stress relief part was ok. I think it helped me some but nothing real outstand like. I think have some good metal focus is a plus and really helps make a product more effective. How much it really helped with the stress part not to much. I do like that they added it but wish it could have been a bit more effective for me.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      I like the idea behind this kind of product. I thought overall it was a decent product. It was nothing really wowed me but I think it did help me some. I think if they could up some of the ingredients a little more it would help make this a little more effective. I know you used two scoops this would probably help you a bit more than just one scoop but I don't want to go through container that much quicker. I think this is worth giving a try at least once. Would this be something I would use again probably not. I think this would be better to use if your trying to cut more so than bulking. Again I want to thank Ronnie Cole and his team for making this product and letting us troopers have the chance to try it.
      • Good Recovery
      • Good Tasting
      • Interesting Ingredients
      • Increased Hydration
      • Property Blend
      • Thermo Effect Could Be Better

First off I want to thank Kaged Muscle for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I have used just about every product so far that Kaged Muscle has made and everything has been really good for me. Kaged Muscle has become one of my top favorite companies out there because what great products they make and how effective they are. This was my first time using a stand alone citrulline product. I wanted to give this a try and see if it could help give me a little more pumps during my workouts.

Ingredients:
      This is just your basic fermented grade citrulline. Each scoop give you ...

Ingredients:
      This is just your basic fermented grade citrulline. Each scoop give you 2g. What they mean by fermented is that their products are made from vegetable products instead of human hair and duck feathers. Also like that they use no other ingredients. I am glad they use pure citrulline instead of citrulline malate. With citrulline malate if it says 6g you are really only getting 3g. With pure citrulline you get more and it will last you longer.

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on amazin.com They want $18.88 for 100 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for what you are getting. I know some people will use more than one scoop at a time like I did but that still in my opinion does not lower the price much at all.

Taste:
      This comes in unflavored powder. I did not think it was bad at all. Even when mixed in my pre-workout I could hardly tell it was even in there.

Mixing/Dosing.
      One scoop is very small and would mix very well with no issues at all. Dosing can vary a bit depend on the person. For someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps I had to take at times a couple extra scoops. I would say between 1-3 scoop is what I would usually take. It depended on how much was in the pre-workout I was taking. If it had none or very little I would up my servings to two or three.

Like I said above this was my first time using a stand alone citrulline product. For someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps this was nice to have to add a little extra so I could feel those pumps more. I would usually use between 2-3 scoops (4g-6g) depending on what body part I was working. To determine how much I would use depended on how much I was all ready getting in my pre-workout. On days when I would usually feel pumps the most were on leg day. On one of my legs days I kind of over did it a little on the citrulline with 3 scoops. I wanted to go a little heavier that day (with out thinking that the pumps may be a little to much because of the extra citrulling I was using) and not long after I started I had to back off the weight a bit. The pumps I was getting in my legs were really intense and very painful like. It made it really hard to do my leg workout that day because the pumps were so painful. The pump I was getting seemed to last me a really long time and could still feel it a little into the evening time. Then there was another day I was working my forearms and was feeling pretty good so I decided to hit it a little harder. After doing that workout for my forearms they felt like they were screaming because the pump I was getting was real painful like. After judging from these couple of workouts I had to back off a little with how much I used. After using this for awhile the intense and painful pumps I was getting did not seem to effect me as much. I know I did back off some and that helped so they were not as painful like. I know if I would have upped the dosage again they could have been just as painful like before. I do like getting a nice sick pump but not to the point it is painful like.

Cltrulline is an amino acid that helps with nitric oxide metabolism and regulation. Citrulline is converted to L-Arginine in the body, leading to increases in both L-Arginine and nitric oxide. Increased production of nitric oxide promotes vascular dilation, which helps support normal oxygen and blood circulation throughout the body. Also citrulline helps with opening your blood vessels more so you can get more blood flow through them.

Side Effects:
      Depending on how much you take and what body part you are working the pumps could feel to painful.

Overall:
      I thought overall this was a pretty effective citrulline product. Depending on how many scoops I would use and what body part I was working this always seemed to give me some kind of a pump. I think this is great to have to add to your pre-workout if it is lacking citrulline or does not have it in there. Do I think this is a product I should have and use all the time no but it is nice to have at times. I would say if your someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps this is great to have to help you so you can feel those pumps more. Again I want to thank Kaged Muscle for bringing us another great product in their product line.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Sick Pumps
      • Good Serving Size