workoutguru

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by workoutguru

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is their new pre-workout they just came out with. I was a little unsure if I wanted to try this or not. After I has claimed one of their other products on here I was give some samples of this try to. After trying the samples (which I really liked) I had to get this if it came up on the trooper program again. It was a great product for me but with some really unwanted sides to go with it.

Ingredients:
This is made up of three main categories. First you get your intense pump blend 3,300mg. Second you get Maximum Energy Blend 632.5mg. Third you get Focus & Cognitive Enhancing Blend 503mg. Plus you get some Niacin, Vitamin B12, and Calcium. What I don't like about each of these categories is that they are made up of prop blends. I would really like to know how much of everything I am getting especially the caffeine. I do think most everything is fairly well dosed and comes out to the right amounts to make up the total amount they use. I like that they use three sources of caffeine so it hits you in three different stages during your workout. Also I noticed they take a little different approach to the pump blend which I thought was rather interesting. I also like that they put stuff in here to help with mental focus. I think having good ingredients in a pre-workout to help with your mental focus is a big plus.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on allstarhealth.com for $29.99 for 30 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for this. $30 I think is the most I think you should have to pay for a pre-workout. This will cost you around $1 per serving which I am ok with.

Taste:
I requested the cherry lime Italian ice flavor and that is what they sent me. I will say that this was a little on the strong side for taste. I did notice right away when I would drink this that it had just a little bit of a chemical taste to it. Nothing I was to worry about but was noticeable for me. It was not to bad a flavor but was a little on the tart side. From what I can remember I think their other flavors were a little better than this. I would usually just slam this each time I drank it so I did not have to taste it as much.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixing was real simple with this. All I needed to do was a just a few little shake in my shaker bottle and it was ready to go. I would start to mix right away when I filled this with water. You will get no little left over pieces when mixed. What I don't like is this is very heavy in dyes. This has a very bright red color to it. Please get rid of the dyes. I don't like them or need them. So what if it makes your pre-workout look cooler. Just a cloudy like color is all I need. I just don't like having to stomach all of these dyes. Dosing is pretty simple. I would do just one scoop about 15-20mins before my workout. I would maybe be a little careful if you think you need more than one scoop since this is rather stim heavy.

This is more of a stim heavy pre-workout than anything else. If your getting this for more than stims this maybe not the pre-workout you want. For someone like me I am a bit of a stim junky and can usually handle higher amounts of stims. For me this felt almost right on for the amount of stims I like to have. I prefer to have around 300-350mg at least and 400 being around my max. The energy I got from this seemed to stay pretty consistence and would usually last me through out my whole workout which was nice. I like the 3 different stages of caffeine they use and feel this really helped me a lot to keep that energy going. I never felt to jittery at all when I used this which was nice. There were a few times I felt this got my heart racing a little more so than normal but most of the time I felt pretty good. I had to really be hitting my workout harder and taking very little time between set and going a little heavier to really feel this hit me a lot harder where I could start to feel my heart start to race a little more so than normal. I think my overall endurance was pretty good. I always felt good and never felt overly winded and or had and real heavy breathing issues. I will say that if your someone that is not use to heavy stims or a bit more sensitive to them this will hit you rather hard. If your just starting out using pre-workouts I would probably not start with this until you get more use to them.

I noticed they take a little different approach to the ingredients they use for pumps. Not really sure I like this approach that much. I think the pumps I got from this were ok nothing real great but have had better ones. They started out feeling pretty decent like almost painful like for about the first week or so and then started to feel them less and less. I was adding some citrulline to this and I think that made the pumps a bit more noticeable and a bit painful like at times. I always have trouble noticing pumps and when I stop feeling them it hard to start feeling them again.

The focus I got from this was I thought was fairly decent. This won't give you that extreme tunnel vision like focus but it still gives enough to help keeping you go during your workout. I could tell that my focus was a lot better but I think could have been even a little more. I know I was able to block out some other issues I was dealing with and feel this helped me focus a little more on my workout.

I can't say this really helped me a lot with any strength gains but then again I was not really training to gain more strength in general. Right now I try to lift semi heavy on weight and I think it was pretty consistence at helping me with that. With everything I mentioned in the effectiveness part I thought it was pretty decent pre-workout expect for one major issue I always seemed to have a lot when I used this which I did not like at all. Before I would take this I would usually try and eat a little something just incase it would cause me any stomach issues. It seemed like when I would take this and get about halfway through my workout I would start to get this bit of upset stomach feeling. It would make me feel nauseous like and it would really effect my workouts and would almost have to stop and just wait for it to go away. I thought by eating a little something before I took this would help buffer my stomach but that did not seem to help to much. I know some days were worse than others and some days I would not notice it much at all and it would be great with how well it worked then. I heard that the ingredient Rauwolfa (it's a kind of root bark) they use in this can cause upset stomach and that is the only thing I can think of that must be causing me this issue. If there is something else in this that is causing it I would really like to know. It was really frustrating trying to workout some days when this would really start to bother me. When I got a little over half way through the container I wanted to quit taking this and starting taking something else but did not have any other pre-workouts at the moment to use so I stuck with this.

Side Effects:
Just the really bad upset stomach I would always get when I used this.

Overall:
This was a pre-workout I really enjoyed except for the side effects I got from it. For being a stim heavy based pre-workout I thought it worked pretty good. I am not usually into just real heavy stim base pre-workouts but I was ok with this one. I felt it was pretty effective for me and worked. The major down side to this product was the really bad upset stomach it always gave me. Because of the bad upset stomach this always gave me I have to pass on wanting to use it again even though I did enjoy it for the effectiveness. If your looking for a great stim based pre-workout I would highly recommend giving this a try. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for letting me try this.
  • Increase Focus
  • Contains Proprietary Blends
  • Some Sides
  • Dyes
  • Heavily Flavored

First I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to try this. This was my third and finally product I requested to try from them. I noticed as I was in the process of starting this review they have since discontinued this product I noticed on here and are going to be replacing it with a newer pre-workout they are calling Virus Mutated. I figured I would still do the review anyways and now hope I get the chance to try the newer pre-workout when that comes out so I can compare the two products.

Ingredients:
I feel this has a well rounded list of ingredients in it. Not...

Ingredients:
I feel this has a well rounded list of ingredients in it. Nothing in this is really going to wow you to much I feel but are proven ingredients that do work. I think some of the dosage amount they use is a little odd. One thing I do really like is that they stay away from using any prop blends. I am glad to know how much of everything I am getting. You will get some energy, pump, and focus ingredients which is nice. I do think some of the ingredients are a little under dosed and would like to see them upped some. The one ingredient I had never heard of before and thought was rather interesting that they use is the Cymbidium Goerringii (flower) Extract. After reading up on this a little I kind of like it. Here is what I found on their website as to what this is and does.

"Extracted from the Noble Orchid found in China and Nepal, this pure, flower derived compound produces an intense increase in nitric oxide production in the body. Coupled with effective vasodilation effects makes it the basis for the extreme muscle engorging side-effect that VIRUS produces. Cymbidium Goeringii is also a highly active adaptogen that allows us to thrive under extreme stress".

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on outbreaknutrition.com website. I did notice that they are now selling this brand on tigerfitness.com I was a bit surprised to see that it was a little cheaper on their website. Usually other retail sites are cheaper than the companies own website. They want $29.99 for 28 servings and on tigerfitness.com they want $34.99. For 28 servings I think the $29.99 price is not to bad. I feel that $30 is the highest I care to spend for a pre-workout unless its something that is outstanding of a product and then I would be ok with spending a few dollars more.

Taste:
I had the sour apple flavor. This was ok to drink. It was nothing real outstanding but nothing that you will dread having to down. I think it could of had just a little stronger of a taste to it and maybe be just a little sweeter.

Mixing/Dosing:
No real issues with it mixing. When mixed it did have a little bit of a green color to it. Because of the color means there are some dyes in this which I am just not a fan of at all. Don't need them or want them. Dosing was pretty simple. I would do one scoop pre-workout. At times I felt I could have done 1 1/2 to 2 scoops instead of just one scoop but never did that. If I was to use this again that is how I would dose it so it would be a little more effective for me instead of just one scoop.

Let's start off with the most important part of a pre-workout most people look for and that is energy. I thought it was a little odd the amount they came up with for caffeine. There is 214mg of caffeine in this. If your more of a stim junky like me this will be a bit on the low side for you. I like to have around 300mg-350mg at least. I find that amount to be a lot more effective for me. I think with the amount they put in here is a bit on the low side. If your someone that is more sensitive on the caffeine part this will be a decent amount for you. For energy it was ok but would have liked it to have been a little stronger. I know some days it felt like it was a little harder to really feel this kick in and get me going more. On some days this was really hit or miss on energy. Also the energy I got never seemed to really last that long and get me through my whole workouts on some days. I do like to have some good amounts of caffeine but not to the point that it makes you feel all cracked out and jittery like.

I do feel this has some good amounts of agmatine in it at 803mg to help with pumps. I would rather have it bumped up to at least 1g which I think is a more effective amount. I did notice some pumps from this nothing that was real crazy like or painful but were a least noticeable. The pumps I did get never seemed to last that long unless I was really hitting it hard and taking very little time between sets.

The focus I got from this was better than I thought it would be but nothing crazy like. At times when I was starting to lose some of the energy effects I could still my focus was on track to help keep me going a little more. By no means did this give me the tunnel vision I like to have where I can push through my workouts a lot better without all the other distractions. I am glad to see when companies put focus ingredients in their products because I feel they are a real plus to have and really help you more in your workouts.

They use TheaCrine to help with thermo effects. This is suppose to help get your body temps to rise a little more so you start to sweat more. For me I did not feel a real lot from this. For me to really feel much of the thermo effects I had to really be hitting it hard and really going after it with very little time between sets. I know some people will react a lot more differently to TheaCrine and it will affect them a lot more but I did not respond to it that well. I did sweat a little more while using this but it was nothing real crazy like or out of the norm I am use to noticing in terms of sweating.

I think overall this has a lot of potential but just missed it a bit for me. For the most part I felt my lifts stayed about the same. I never really noticed any big increases in my strength or felt I was able to push around some of that heavier weight. Some days it felt a little better than others just depended on what I was working that day. How I felt overall each time I would workout really varied a lot for me. This was not always that consistent for me in terms of how effective it was. It's not a bad product by any means just a little tweaking of the ingredients and we could see a fairly decent product I think.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
I think overall their approach to this pre-workout is good. I just feel they missed the mark a little on a couple key areas. I think with some tweaking of the ingredients this could be a much better product and a bit more effective. I am really interested in seeing how they change things up with their new version of this they are coming out with called Virus Mutated. I think if they go in the right direction with this new pre-workout it could be a pretty decent product. I think if your more of an average lifter and not real serious this will work great for you. For someone like me that is a lot more serious into lifting this did not do a real lot for me. I mean it did help me some but nothing I am use to like I have gotten with other pre-workouts. I think for the price it's worth giving a try. Since this is being discontinued you will probably see the price drop I hope and if it does then I would for sure get it. Until I see this newer version come out I will pass on using this again. Again I want to give a big shout out to Outbreak Nutrition for letting me try this and their other products.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Focus
  • Some Energy
  • Good Focus
  • Cool Glow-In-The-Dark Label
  • Very Cool Branding
  • Decent Pump
  • Overall Not Enough Energy
  • Some Ingredients Need Dosage Tweaking
  • Ineffective In Key Areas

First off I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I am really big fan of pump products and when I saw this I had to give it a try. Who does not like that good pump feeling and look more vascular. I know pump products are not real important to have but they are nice to have when you get the chance to use them. This will be my second product from them I have gotten the chance to try. For a pump product this seems to hit the mark for me.

Ingredients:
For the most part I think the profile is pretty decent. Everything seems to be dosed fairly well. I would like to see the agmatine upped to 1g. No prop blends which is nice and is fully disclosed so you know just how much of everything you are getting. With the addition of hydromax I think this great to see and been noticing more companies using it. The ingredient I did not know much about is epicatechin. From what I have been hearing it is suppose to be pretty good. It is an anti-oxidant found in green tea. Here is their description of what Epicatechin is I found on their website. "A protein signaling molecule called myostatin tells your body to start breaking down muscle for use as a food source; this is obviously not beneficial as we require our muscles for strength and endurance during the end times. Epicatechin has been shown to increase strength and decrease myostatin, preventing muscle breakdown and making you stronger and fitter!" As far as I know I have never had this ingredient before but really liked having it and for what it is suppose to do.

Value:
Right now the only place to get their products is on their website outbreaknutrition.com They want $34.99 for 28 servings. I think for a pump product that is just little to high for me. I would rather seeing this between the $25-$30 range at most. I know with the added epicatechin does make the price tag a little higher for this.

Taste:
I had the Candy Grape flavor. I thought this tasted pretty good for a grape flavor. On it's own it was maybe just a little sweet for my liking but not to bad. Most of the time I mixed it with my pre-workout. If you are someone that is not a real big fan of grape I think this will be a grape you will enjoy.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixed very well with very little issues. There are some dyes in this since it does have a light purple color to it which I would rather not have. Just not a fan of dyes and see no point in having them. Dosing is very simple 1 scoop pre-workout and your ready to go. I would say take it 15-20 mins before workout.

I feel this was a fairly solid pump product. The pumps I got from this were decent maybe not as good as some of the other pumps I gotten from other pump products I have used but were noticeable. The pumps I got from this were never to the point that they were to painful like which was kind of nice in away. The pumps I got lasted a long time as long as I was really hitting it hard and taking very little time between sets. I do think this helped me look a lot more vascular and kept my muscles looking a lot more full like. I was noticing while using this that the veins in my forearms where really popping a lot more so. I think there is nothing better than having that more swole look in your muscles and feel this did a good job at that. I think my overall endurance and performance was better. I give a lot of that credit to the added epicatechin which I am now a believer in and feel that it does help. On it's own it was ok but when I added it to my pre-workout I thought it was very much improved. I would say if your going to use this I would stack it with a pre-workout because you will find it to be a lot better when you do that.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
I think this is a great amplifier to any pre-workout you are using to help give you that pump and help you look more vascular. No, pump products are not super important to have but are nice when you can use them. I would say this was a fairly decent pump product and worth giving a try. I would like to see the price drop a little but can understand why the higher price tag because of the epicatechin they use. If you want a product that will give you decent pumps that won't hurt you in terms of being to painful and help you look more vascular this is a great product to check out. Again I want to thank Outbreak Nutrition for letting have the chance to try this product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Solid Pumps
  • Epicatechin
  • Endurance

First off I want to thank OutBreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. This is my first time using any of their products. I give them big props for the cool labeling they use and how they went about naming each of their products. I am a really big fan of amino products and always use them. When I can find something new like this I am always up for giving it a try. Was this for me any better than a lot of the other amino product I have used well yes and no.

Ingredients:
I think for the most part the ingredient profile is decent. The amino ratio in this is 2:1:1. That is pretty much your standard ratio a lot of companies use. I do like the added carbs and dextrose. I think both of those ingredients can really aid in your recovery better. I Also like that they use ActiGin in this. Here is a list of things ActiGin does that I found on their website.
Speed up muscle fatigue recovery by increasing glycogen recovery rate of exercised muscles by 373% at the end of the third hour of a 70% VO2 max cycling exercise
Increase energy catalyst citrate synthase activity by 47%
Increase endurance in high-intensity exercise by 20% at 80% VO2max to exhaustion
Decrease muscle damage (Creatine kinase) by 69% after day four of exercise
Reduce free radical damage to muscle after exercise (MDA synthesis, an oxidative stress marker) by 44% on day four after high-intensity exercise
Reduce inflammation by decreasing IL-6 synthesis, a pro-inflammatory cytokine, by 35% on day four after high-intensity exercise

I did notice they put 6g of protein in this. I thought that was a little odd having that in here and at the amount they used.

Value:
Right now the only place you can get this is on Outbreak's website. They want $44.99 for 60 servings. I think that price is a little high because most likely you will want to use at least 2 scoops. If you can get by with one scoop it's not as bad but still a little high for my liking. For 30 servings which I got out of this $44.99 is just to high for me.

Taste:
I wanted to try something a little different and saw they had a strawberry Margarita flavor and that is what I was sent. I thought it was pretty decent. Maybe just a little to sweet for my liking. At first I thought it was pretty good but after awhile I started to get tired of this flavor real quick. It has no real chemical taste to it at all which is nice. This will be something that will be enjoyable to sip on during your workouts. What a real strawberry Margarita tastes like I don't know since I have never had one but I am sure this tastes nothing like that lol.

Mixing/Dosing:
Had no issues with mixing. No left over little pieces or settlement. There is a little bit of dyes in this since it does have a pinkish red color to it. Would rather there be no dyes. Dosing is pretty simple with this. you can take this intra-workout or post workout. I used this mainly intra-workout. It says to take 1-2 scoops. I found it to be better at 2 scoops.

I thought this was a decent product. I would say this is on par with a lot of the other amino products I have used. I do think this helped me some but nothing real drastic like. I do feel that while using this My DOMS where down a bit and my recovery was better. Usually after some of my harder workouts I am a bit more sore two days later but with this I seemed to feel a lot better. I was noticing that my endurance seemed to be a lot better while using this. It seemed like I was able to not take as long or needed to take as long between sets which was nice. I liked the added dextrose because I felt it really helped give me some extra energy to keep going longer in the gym. Lately I have felt I have been able to train a little heavier than normal and I feel this helped me in doing that because of how my body was feeling. I wouldn't say the effects I got from this were outstanding but it was enough to notice them help me perform a little better in the gym.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
I thought overall it was a good product. It was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness but I do think it did help me. With all the amino products I have tried I would say this is one of the better ones out there. Regardless of what kind of lifter you are I think this will work for anybody. I think it's worth giving a try but the price tag they want right now is just a little to high for me. I would say if you get a chance to give this a try I think it is worth it at least once. Again I want to give a big shout out to Outbreak Nutrition for letting me have the chance to try this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Decreased DOMS
  • Energy
  • Better Recovery
  • A Little Expensive

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I was in the need of some more creatine and I saw this come up on the trooper program. This looked rather interesting because this is a little different than your normal creatine. They call this S.M.A.R.T. which means it has slow, medium, acceerated, released, technology. I was up for trying something a little different and see if this would out do any of the other creatines I have used before.

Ingredients:
I give them big props for not using any prop blends in this and list everything that is in here and how much you are getting. This is made up of three different types of creatine. I also like the approach behind this and how it's suppose to work.
Magnapower which= extended release absorption slow acting
creatine citrate= immediate absorption fast acting
creatine pyruvate= medium range digestion medium acting

They also use sodium chloride to help with anti bloating which I like. I feel in each creatine they use is a little under dosed. You get a total of 3.6g of creatine in this and would like to see them up this a bit so you can get at least 5g which I find to be a more effective amount.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on lockoutsupplements.com for $19.99 for 30 servings. That in my opinion is maybe a little high considering you are getting 3 different types of creatine and only getting a total of 3.6g instead of 5g which I think is a more effective amount you should be getting. I do think you can get some better deals out there for regular creatine and get a lot more servings. Considering what most other site are selling this for $25 range lockout's price is not as bad.

Taste:
I wanted the lemon lime and that is what I got. I thought this tasted really good. It has that nice lemon lime taste to it without any kind of chemical taste to it. This was something I really enjoyed drinking and look forward to it each time. It won't be to sweet or tart which is nice.

Mixing/Dosing:
Mixing was great with this. No left over little piece or residue. I did noticed that a little bit of this would always stick to the bottom of my shaker bottle. When mixing is has a kind of dark green color to it. This can on mean one thing there are some dyes in this which I don't like. It did stain the inside of my shaker bottle a little I noticed. Dosing is pretty simple. They say you can take this pre/intra/post. Normally I take my creatine after my workouts for recovery but lately I have been taking it before. I would take this at work during my last breaking about 2 hours before my workout. I did not like taking it that long before my workout but that was the only time I could take it (when I was working) and did not want to be taking it with my pre-workout. I would do just one scoop each time.

For me this seemed to hit me in a little different way than most regular creatines do. It seemed like it did not take as long for it to kick in to where I could feel it start to work for me. Usually with other creatines it takes me about two weeks before I would really start to notice it and with this I was noticing start to work right away as soon as I started using this product. This I thought worked great for me. It seemed like the longer I was on this the more I could tell it was really working. I felt better endurance wise and the pumps I got seemed to be a little better. They claim this will give you skin tearing muscle fullness. Well I would not say it was that extreme like but I do think it helped some. I felt like when I was on this my lifts seemed to go a lot better and could push through my more grueling workouts a lot better. The strength increases I got from this were not to the point to where I was setting new PR's but was able to push harder and go longer on my workouts with out feeling as fatigued. I think it really helped me more at doing my high volume training that I usually do. I think while I was on this I was able to drop a little weight and still put on some more lean muscle mass. I also noticed a lot less bloating from this and it was pretty easy on my stomach. I do think this helped me a bit with my recovery also because I was noticing less soreness the next day.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
I thought this was a decent product and enjoyed using it. I really liked their idea behind this kind product. I think this was a good change up for me with the kinds of creatine I normally use. I would like to see them up the total amount of creatine from 3.6g to at least 5g. I think if they did that it would help make this a bit more effective. I think this would be worth trying again. Do I think this is that much better than a lot of the other creatines out there no but it will still help you get the job done. I would say if you get the chance this is worth giving a try. Again I want to thank VMI Sports for making this product and letting us try it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Better Pump
  • Full Label Disclosure
  • Increased Power
  • Needs To Increase Magnapower Dosage

(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
First off I want to thank Ronnie Coleman and his team for letting us troopers have the chance to try this. I have really been getting into amino products lately with caffeine in them and like to use them in the mornings as my coffee replacement. Awhile back I got to try his regular amino product amino tone and was interested in seeing how this would compare alone with a few extra things they put in here. I see they did add some new ingredients to this which I will explain below. I have used a few of this other products and thought they were decent products and look forward to using this.

I...

Ingredients:
The profile for this is fairly long with a lot of stuff they put in here. This is a little more than just your normal BCAAs. I really like that they upped the aminos a bit from 4,000mg to 5,000mg. You get 125mg of caffeine in this which I thought was a bit on the low side and would like to see them upped this to around 200mg or so to help make this a little more effective. I also like the added AstraGin they use which helps absorb aminos and other ingredients better. I liked the approach they tried with adding the stim-free fat loss complex but for me I thought it was a little to weak and did not get much from that. They break this down into four different groups which I will list what they are but you can check out what's in each area below in the ingredient profile I posted.
First you get your Instantized BCAAs (as InstAminos) 2:1:1 ratio at 5,000mg
Second INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex at 3,785mg
Third STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex at 600mg
Fourth Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex 600mg This is a whole new section they added which I kind of liked and I will explain a little more about it.
What I don't like is that they list everything in these areas in prop blends which I don't like and would like to know just how much of each ingredient I am getting.

In this new area they added four new ingredients and I will break them down as to what they are and what they are suppose to do.

Green Tea Extract- A natural source of caffeine, Green tea also helps promotes, fat loss, provides antioxidant support and can help your body scavenge harmful free radicals.

Green Coffee Extract- Also a source of natural caffeine, unlike roasted coffee green coffee been extracts contains chlorogenic acid which may help your body release glucose and increase the metabolic process of your liver.

Rhodiola Rosea Extract- An adaptogen and natural extract that can help the body adapt to stress. Also supports both mental and physical performance.

Maca Extract- Another adaptogen that helps support hormone balance, immune system function, increased energy, sexual function, memory and focus.

Value:
Right now the only place I can find this is on tigerfitness.com and they want $29.99 for 30 servings. I guess that is not to bad a price for a product like this at about a $1 a serving.

Taste:
This comes in 4 flavors unicorn juice, America, mango pineapple and 50/50 tea. I decided to give the 50/50 tea a try. This is your mix of ice tea and lemonade kind of like an arnie palmer. I thought it was pretty good. It did not have that real over powering taste to and it was not to sweet or bitter at all. I thought it had that nice refreshing taste to it. I think it was a good mix between the two flavors ice tea and lemonade. I had this same flavor awhile back in a different amino product from another company and I think their flavor was just a little better but not by much. This I really enjoyed drinking each time.

Mixing/Dosing:
This seemed to mix pretty well with no left over little pieces or much in the way of foam. Dosing was pretty simple. Since this contains caffeine for energy I would use this in the mornings as a replacement to coffee since I don't drink coffee. I would do one scoop in the mornings. At times I felt I could have done two scoops which would have made it a little more effective I think but never did. There were a few times I would take this later in the day if felt I needed a little extra recovery and energy but mainly would only take this in the mornings.

The new thing now is to add caffeine to your aminos. I am starting to see more companies come out with products like this which I like. I used to never really care for these kind of products with caffeine in it because I figured if I was going to be taking this during my workout it would be to much caffeine for me since I was all ready getting a lot from my pre-workout. I decided awhile back I would take a product like this in the mornings instead to help give me some extra recovery and energy. Since I don't like coffee and don't drink it this would be my replacement for that. When it comes to the amino part and how my recovery was I thought it was ok. I think it was on par with a lot of the other amino products I have tried. I did not think it was real outstanding but I do think it helped some. I am glad to see they did up the aminos in this a bit which I thought helped a little more. Leucine 2,000mg and now has 2,500, Isoleucine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg, and the Valine 1,000mg and now has 1,250mg. I would like to see them go even a little higher but I am ok with what they have now. I think this did help take away some of the extra soreness I would feel from my workout the day before and helped me be more ready for later in the day when I would workout again. It seemed like my overall endurance was better in the mornings and could keep going more. This is also suppose to help with better hydration and I think it did a good job at helping with that. Sometime I have a hard time drink the amount of water I should be and with this it help keep me better hydrated.

The stim free fat loss complex they put in this I thought was a little on the weak side. At one scoop I could feel it some but nothing real crazy like. At two scoops I think this would have been a little more effective. I did notice some days I would start to sweat a little but depended more so on how active I was that morning and what I was doing. I do think this helped take away some of my appetite which I did not like so much since I am trying to bulk right now. I know my weight has gone down a little from not eating as much and don't like that right now. I like that they wanted to put this in here and there approach to this but they need to ether up the dosing a bit or just take it out all together.

In this they added a new section to this which I kind of liked called Natural Energy & Stress Relief Complex at 600mg. In this area is where you get your energy and some stuff to help relief some stress and give you better mental focus. On the front of the label it says you get 125mg caffeine all natty. I think that amount is a bit to low for me. I would have liked to have it around 200mg or so. It did help some at getting me going but would have liked a bit more. I do like that they go all natty with the energy. By no means are you going to feel all jittery at all. For a nice little boost in energy this was ok but would have liked it to have been a bit more. I think the mental focus and stress relief part was ok. I think it helped me some but nothing real outstand like. I think have some good metal focus is a plus and really helps make a product more effective. How much it really helped with the stress part not to much. I do like that they added it but wish it could have been a bit more effective for me.

Side Effects:
Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
I like the idea behind this kind of product. I thought overall it was a decent product. It was nothing really wowed me but I think it did help me some. I think if they could up some of the ingredients a little more it would help make this a little more effective. I know you used two scoops this would probably help you a bit more than just one scoop but I don't want to go through container that much quicker. I think this is worth giving a try at least once. Would this be something I would use again probably not. I think this would be better to use if your trying to cut more so than bulking. Again I want to thank Ronnie Cole and his team for making this product and letting us troopers have the chance to try it.
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Tasting
  • Interesting Ingredients
  • Increased Hydration
  • Property Blend
  • Thermo Effect Could Be Better

First off I want to thank Kaged Muscle for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. I have used just about every product so far that Kaged Muscle has made and everything has been really good for me. Kaged Muscle has become one of my top favorite companies out there because what great products they make and how effective they are. This was my first time using a stand alone citrulline product. I wanted to give this a try and see if it could help give me a little more pumps during my workouts.

Ingredients:
This is just your basic fermented grade citrulline. Each scoop give you ...

Ingredients:
This is just your basic fermented grade citrulline. Each scoop give you 2g. What they mean by fermented is that their products are made from vegetable products instead of human hair and duck feathers. Also like that they use no other ingredients. I am glad they use pure citrulline instead of citrulline malate. With citrulline malate if it says 6g you are really only getting 3g. With pure citrulline you get more and it will last you longer.

Value:
The cheapest I could find this was on amazin.com They want $18.88 for 100 servings. I don't think that is to bad a price for what you are getting. I know some people will use more than one scoop at a time like I did but that still in my opinion does not lower the price much at all.

Taste:
This comes in unflavored powder. I did not think it was bad at all. Even when mixed in my pre-workout I could hardly tell it was even in there.

Mixing/Dosing.
One scoop is very small and would mix very well with no issues at all. Dosing can vary a bit depend on the person. For someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps I had to take at times a couple extra scoops. I would say between 1-3 scoop is what I would usually take. It depended on how much was in the pre-workout I was taking. If it had none or very little I would up my servings to two or three.

Like I said above this was my first time using a stand alone citrulline product. For someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps this was nice to have to add a little extra so I could feel those pumps more. I would usually use between 2-3 scoops (4g-6g) depending on what body part I was working. To determine how much I would use depended on how much I was all ready getting in my pre-workout. On days when I would usually feel pumps the most were on leg day. On one of my legs days I kind of over did it a little on the citrulline with 3 scoops. I wanted to go a little heavier that day (with out thinking that the pumps may be a little to much because of the extra citrulling I was using) and not long after I started I had to back off the weight a bit. The pumps I was getting in my legs were really intense and very painful like. It made it really hard to do my leg workout that day because the pumps were so painful. The pump I was getting seemed to last me a really long time and could still feel it a little into the evening time. Then there was another day I was working my forearms and was feeling pretty good so I decided to hit it a little harder. After doing that workout for my forearms they felt like they were screaming because the pump I was getting was real painful like. After judging from these couple of workouts I had to back off a little with how much I used. After using this for awhile the intense and painful pumps I was getting did not seem to effect me as much. I know I did back off some and that helped so they were not as painful like. I know if I would have upped the dosage again they could have been just as painful like before. I do like getting a nice sick pump but not to the point it is painful like.

Cltrulline is an amino acid that helps with nitric oxide metabolism and regulation. Citrulline is converted to L-Arginine in the body, leading to increases in both L-Arginine and nitric oxide. Increased production of nitric oxide promotes vascular dilation, which helps support normal oxygen and blood circulation throughout the body. Also citrulline helps with opening your blood vessels more so you can get more blood flow through them.

Side Effects:
Depending on how much you take and what body part you are working the pumps could feel to painful.

Overall:
I thought overall this was a pretty effective citrulline product. Depending on how many scoops I would use and what body part I was working this always seemed to give me some kind of a pump. I think this is great to have to add to your pre-workout if it is lacking citrulline or does not have it in there. Do I think this is a product I should have and use all the time no but it is nice to have at times. I would say if your someone like me that has a hard time noticing pumps this is great to have to help you so you can feel those pumps more. Again I want to thank Kaged Muscle for bringing us another great product in their product line.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Sick Pumps
  • Good Serving Size
  • Convenient Dosing
  • Aids In Endurance
  • No Fillers
  • No Taste

Awhile ago APS was doing a contest on their facebook page to win a container of their Isomorph 28 protein. I was picked as the winner and got a container of this to try. I was pretty excited about winning this because I had been really wanting to give this a try for awhile now. Before getting this I had just finished using their pre-workout and amino products which I thought were both really good products and have reviews for them on here. From what I was seeing from the ingredient profile and reading the label this looked to be like it could be a pretty good protein and yes it was.

Ingred...

Ingredients:
    I think the profile for this is pretty good. I like the higher amount of protein at 28g. This protein contains cold processed micro & ultra filtered whey protein isolate, Ion exchange whey protein isolate, and hydrolyzed whey protein isolate. Whey protein isolate is 90% protein by weight, making it low in carbs, low in fat and virtually lactose free. Here is a little something I found on their website that I thought was rather interesting in how they make this protein.

"IsoMorph 28 pure whey isolate contains extremely small protein molecules that are literally 18x smaller than the proteins from almost every other product on the market (1000 Daltons vs 18,000 Daltons). This means that they can be completely absorbed because the intestinal wall allows them to pass through thanks to their small size. Since these small proteins get into your bloodstream via the small intestine, they get to work right away and require minimal effort from your digestive system".

Value:
    The cheapest I was able to find the 2lb container was on amazon.com for $29.95 for 27 servings. As far as I know this is the only size tub they make. I don't think the price is to bad for this product. I think $30 is the highest you should have to pay for a two pound container. The one issue with this is that it is not available on many sites yet and hope more sites start carrying which I think they will.

Taste:
    They have a few flavor in this and I decided to give their smores flavor a try. I wanted to try something a little different that your normal chocolate and vanilla. I thought overall this tasted pretty good. You notice right away that smores taste. It's not a super strong taste but has that nice rich creamy taste to it. It is not real heavy to drink. Reminds me of drinking a regular milk shake where is not real thick.

Mixing/Dosing:
    Had no issues with it mixing. Had no little pieces or clumps left over. It has a real fine powder to it so that is why I think it mixes so well. Dosing is pretty simple. On the directions they say to take 1-4 servings a day to encourage a positive nitrogen balance. For me personally I did not feel the need to take that many servings per day. I would take one scoop post workout. That is when I feel is best to take this right after your workout. I think you could also take this as a snack to help with your cravings if needed.

I thought this was one of the better proteins I have used. Right now I am still bulking a bit and feel this really helped with that a lot. Right now I am trying to pack on more size and muscle. I think this helped me a lot at putting more lean muscle mass on. I think this helped repair my muscles better so they could grow more. I know lately I looked like I was putting more size on and my weight had gone up a bit. I feel this helped a lot with my lifts because I was noticing that they were starting to go up more and was feeling a little stronger. My recovery was always really good with this. I feel this really helped reduce my recovery time a lot. I know the next day or two after doing some or my more grueling workouts I would not feel nearly as sore. I know on my really hard leg workouts this was a big life savers as to how good it made them feel the next couple of days. My DOMS were way down and hardly noticeable. At times I was wondering if I was even working out that hard because of how good I was feeling., I mean there was still some soreness I would have but it was way less and very much improved. Any kind of stomach or digestive issues with protein has never really been an issue for me and it was not an issue with this protein either. When mixed this was very smooth and very easy to drink. No thickness to this or clumps at all. This never gave me any upset stomach or digestive issues. I feel that because they use smaller protein molecules which absorb better and cause your digestive system to work a lot less harder is the biggest reason I had no stomach or digestive issues. Since this does not mix up very heavy like I did not notice much in the way of bloating in my stomach. I think some of the bloating I did notice was more from the weight gain I was putting on and my diet not being the greatest and not so much the protein itself. Usually when I would take this I could feel it took some of my appetite away and made me feel more full. That was good if I new I would not be able to eat any regular food for awhile. I think this works great for anyone who is trying to bulk or is trying to cut. I think if your using this and trying to cut you will want to really watch your diet a little more.

Side Effects:
    Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
    I thought this was one of the better proteins I have used. I was really pleased with how this helped me on my bulking more. I think what I look for in a protein this hit all of those areas really nicely. It's nice knowing that when you take this you are getting a more clean type protein without a lot of other junk in it. If you want a solid and effective protein I would highly recommend giving this a try. I would be happy to give this another try along with some of their other flavors. I would like to see them come out with a 5lb tub so this will last you longer. I think the idea behind this protein and how they went about making it was really good and gave me reasons as to why I found this to be one of the better proteins I have used. Again I want to thank APS for letting me have the chance to try this.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Good
    • Enhances Strength
    • Better Endurance
    • Great For Recovery
    • Reduces Soreness

First off I want to thank Giant Sports for letting me have the chance to give this product a try. This is one of their newer products to be released not to long ago along with a few other products. I have tried a couple other products from them and liked them. When I first heard about this product I thought it looked rather interesting and thought it might be something I would really like. How they marked this product I am not really sure mainly because of what's all in here and what it's suppose to do. I would have to guess that they mark it this as some kind of stimulant powder weather it's more of a pre-workout or fat burner.

Ingredients:
      This has a pretty simple and basic profile to it. This is made up of three main ingredients. First you get your anhydrous caffeine at 200mg. Second you get kigelia Africana extract at 125mg which is also known as DMHA. Third you get bai mudan white tea at 25mg. The last two ingredients I had never really heard of before so I did a little research on them. The kigelia africana has inflammatory effects on the body which helps benefit your body. The bai mudan helps to prevent the hardening of your arteries and help get rid of toxins in your body. It can also help with thermogentic effects.

Value:
      The cheapest you can find this is on Amazon.com for $24.99 for 60 servings. This product is not widely available on many sites yet but the few sites that do carry it they want around $35 range. Getting this for the $24.99 price I think is really good deal for 60 servings. Even if you do two scoops it's still a pretty good deal price wise.

Taste:
      I was sent the red raspberry flavor. This flavor I was not impressed with at all. You will only be getting a very small amount of this when you use it because it has a very tiny scoop that comes with it. It does have a real strong chemical taste to it and almost tasteless in flavor. It seems to be when mixed in water it had a really watered down like taste to it. I tried it a few times with water and noticed there was hardly any kind of a taste to it and no real raspberry flavor at all. I figured it would have a bit of that raspberry taste to it but it did not. After trying it with water a few times and not liking that I decided I would try and take a scoop right into my mouth and down it with some water. That seemed to work a lot better for me and the taste was a lot better doing it that way. When I would do it that way I would notice right away when the powder was wet it had a real strong bitter taste to it. I had to make sure I had enough water in my mouth or it left a little bit of a gritty after taste.

Mixing/Dosing:
      Mixing was not as issue with this at all. Seemed to mix very nicely and no left over little pieces, clumps or any foam. The one thing I really disliked was the heavy dyes they use in this. Just to much dyes and it was very noticeable when you would use this. This will leave stains in your shaker bottle if your using a clear/white shaker bottle. How you dose this can vary a bit depending on how you use this product. I know some people would use this as a pre-workout or mid day energy booster. You can take 1-2 scoops. For me I would only do one scoop mainly pre day. I would normally take this in the morning before I would go to work to help give me that little bit of energy boost. For me using this as a pre-workout I would not do. The only reason I would maybe use this pre-workout is if the pre-workout I was using did not have much for caffeine in it and I wanted a little extra boost.

This was a product I was a little unsure of how they mark it as and how to use it. There were some claims on the label they said this was suppose to do for you. Besides giving you energy this was also suppose to help with mental energy, a fat incinerator, and control your appetite more. Well for me some of those claims held up and some not so much. I will try and break each of these areas down a little as to how they worked for me. This I used mainly in the mornings before work to help give me a little energy boost to help get me going more. I would only do one scoop in the mornings because later in the day I would be using my regular pre-workout and it was all ready real heavy in stims and did not want a lot of extra amounts of caffeine. There were a few times I did take this again later in the day when I felt I needed a little pick me up. The energy you get from this is a very clean type energy. According to the name Giant Rush you may think this gives you a big rush of energy but not so much well at least not for me. I think if I would have used two scoops instead of one I would have felt this a bit more. The energy boost this did give me was a more calm like energy with out feeling all jittery but enough to help getting me going. If your more of a stim junky (like me) this probably won't do a real lot for you in terms of energy unless your doing two scoops.

How much this helped me with metal energy was a little questionable. I would have to gauge it on how well it got me to get more focused on my work. Some days it seemed pretty good and other days not so much. I think it helped some but nothing real outstanding like.

For this being able to help with being a fat incinerator I don't feel it did a real lot for me. It maybe helped some but nothing real crazy like. I know this is not a regular fat burner so I can't expect it to have the same effects. I never really noticed any real drop in weight. I might have dropped a pound or two. I do think now after using this that I did notice that some of my clothes did seem a little looser so it must have helped me some. I did notice at times in the morning that if I was a bit more busy I would start to sweat a little. I think this caused me some of the sweating I would get. It was not crazy like but enough to notice I was sweating a little. I like the idea of having it in here but wish it would have been a little more effective for me.

I do think this helped control your appetite at little. I would notice in the mornings that after my first break and eating a little bit of food that I would stay fairly full right up until lunch time. There were a lot of times that when it would be lunch time I would not feel very hungry at all and would not want to eat but I still did because I would need that food in me for later on when I would go and workout. I think this effected me a bit as to how my appetite was. I don't mind a little bit of appetite control but not to the point of not wanting to hardly eat at all. I think when the effects of the appetite control wore off it made me feel a little more hungry and then I would make up for it later on in the evening when I would eat supper and tend me snack a bit. If you need that control in appetite I feel it does help but for me I don't like that as much.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I really noticed.

Overall:
      I thought this was a decent product but nothing to the point that it really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. I feel this did what it was suppose to do. This by no means will blow you out of the water in terms of effectiveness. If this could have been a little more potent for me I think I would have enjoyed it a little better and had a different flavor. I have heard the other flavors are way better than the red raspberry. As a nice little pick me up for energy or to add to my pre-workout this works good for that. Would this be something I feel the need to have and use all the time no but it is kind of nice to have once in awhile. I would like them to better mark this product as to just what this is suppose to be more like a pre-workout or fat burner or just an energy booster. I would say give it a try if you get the chance. Again I want to give big shout out to Giant Sports for making a product like this and letting have the chance to try it.
      • Simple Profile
      • Clean And Consistent Energy
      • Thermo Effect
      • Solid Value
      • Possibly Not Effective For Stim-Tolerant Lifters
      • Coloring

I was in the need of some more Aminos and saw this was on sale around the time of Black Friday. This had been an amino product I had been wanting to try for awhile now. This was my second Isatori product I had ever used with their Pre-Grow being my first which I thought was an amazing product. From what I was seeing in the ingredient profile I thought this looked promising and yes it was.

Ingredients:
      This has a rather interesting profile to it. This have a 2:1:1 ratio of BCAAS which is your standard amino ratio. They put a lot of really good stuff in here which I liked. This is broken down into two main groups. First you get your 2:1:1 instantized BCAA muscle building Matrix at 6g. Second you get your CocoDrate hydration/electrolyte complex at 550mg. Both of these two areas are made up of prop blends but I did not let that bother me to much. Also you get a few other things they added to this which I like.

They use Bio-Active Peptides which helps
      Improves recovery time
      Stimulates strength gains
      Helps build lean muscle.

Instantized Glutamine:
      Anti-catabolic amino acid to help preserve lean muscle
      Improves recovery between workouts
      Supports a healthy immune system

CococinRaw Coconut Water Powder:
      Provides naturally sourced electrolytes for optimal muscle function
      Assists in body's hydration process
      Assists in post-workout recovery

Electrolytes: Phosphorus, Sodium, Magnesium, Potassium
      Supports nutrient transport via the Sodium / Potassium pum
      Supports metabolic function and muscular contraction
      Assists in post-workout recovery

Value:
      The cheapest I could find this was on illpumpyouup.com and they want $14.95 for 30 servings. I think that is a really good price for this. Most other sites that have this I am seeing it sell for around mid to high $20 range which is still not to bad for a product like this.

Taste:
      This comes in three flavors. blue razz snow cone, frosted lemonade, and mango chiller. I decided to give the mango chiller a try. This tasted just like I thought it would. With there being no sugar in this it had a really good taste to it. It was not to sweet, tart or bitter at all. It did not have a super strong or over powering taste to it which was nice. There is no chemical or any kind of weird taste to it. If you are a big fan of anything orange flavored you will really enjoy this a lot. Also it does not mix real heavy like which helps make it a little easier to drink.

Mixing/Dosing:
      This mixes very well. You will have no left over little pieces at all. There is a bit of foam you will get on top about an inch thick but nothing to bad. There is some dyes in here they use but it does not look to be real heavy on them which I am ok with but would prefer they not used at all. Dosing is real simple. They say to mix 1-3 servings per day depending on your training goals. I would only use one scoop during my workouts. I never did more than one scoop per day because I felt there was no need to do so.

This for me seemed to be a little different than most other amino products I have used. This product rather surprised me a bit at how it turned out to be. I had high hopes in this really working well for me and it sure did. I wish I would have had this back when I had their pre-workout pre gro because I think it would have made for a really good stack. I noticed right away how well my recovery was while using this. It seemed to really help me a lot with my endurance and how much longer I felt I could keep going. My time in between sets was cut way down by a lot and always felt I could go a lot quicker between sets and did not feel as winded after doing them. I know my breathing would start out being kind of heavy like but after I would start to sip on this it really helped calm a lot of breathing way down. I know after some of my more grueling workouts I would not feel nearly as sore and my DOMS were hardly noticeable. I still felt some of that soreness but it was way down which was nice. I think the added glutamine they used in here was a nice bonus to have because I feel it helped improve my immune system a bit more. Also I noticed how much better hydrated I would feel while using this. This really helped me be able to consume a lot more water because I was always filling my shaker bottle back up with water. This was also great at helping to stop or limit more of the breakdown of your muscles better. The electrolytes they put in here I think were a big plus to have and really helped me a lot. I really like that they use Bio-Active Peptides in this. The Bio-Active Peptides help to increase protein synthesis and help you build more lean muscle mass. I noticed after being on this for awhile my muscle seemed to look and feel more full like. I feel I gained more muscle mass and my strength levels seemed to go up more which was nice. I also felt this helped me get a little more cut because I was noticing more veins popping that I did not notice before. Also this was very easy on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted stomach issue which was nice. I also never felt overly bloated while using this. I thought overall this really helped me in a lot of different areas which was a big plus in the way I was able to perform in my workouts.

Side Effects:
      Nothing I noticed.

Overall:
      This was a product I was really impressed with. I think this performed way better for me than I thought it would. I think this really holds up to the claims it says it will do for you. If your looking for a very well rounded amino product that will really help you in a lot of different areas this would be a product I would highly recommend trying. I would be more than happy to give this product another go and would like to try their other flavors. What I like is that this is not going to break you in terms of cost which is nice and makes it one of those products I don't have a problem wanting to spend my money on. I want to thank Isatori for making this great product.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Taste Good
      • Reduces DOMS And Fatigue
      • Great Recovery
      • Better Endurance
      • More Hydrated