workoutguru

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by workoutguru

First off I want to thank Vaxxen Labs for sending me this to try even though I did not claim it off the trooper program. I had claimed their pre-workout Fulcrum off the trooper program and they were nice enough to send me this protein also. I was really excited to give this a try once I saw the flavor they had sent me blueberry muffin. I am really big on trying new proteins and especially if they have more unique flavors.

The ingredient profile for this is pretty straight forward and simple. I like that they don't add a bunch of extra fillers and other junk you don't need or want. The is low in calories 125, 1.5g of fat, 3g of carbs, 2g sugar and 24g of protein. In this you get a blend of whey concentrate, and whey isolate. This is a bit heavier on the whey concentrate than the whey Isolate. With this being heavier on concentrate it can cause some GI issues but with this I did not noticed any real gut issues. On their website it says this is not lactose free but they add lactose, the digestive enzyme to insure smooth-digestion. This product also uses natural and artificial flavors and contains ace-K and sucralose.

This comes in two flavors Birthday Cake and Blueberry Muffin. I was sent the Blueberry Muffin. I was pretty excited to try this flavor once I saw this was the flavor they sent me. This has been a flavor I have wanted to try for awhile now and was glad this was the flavor they sent me. I am sure the Birthday Cake is pretty good also and would love to try that flavor at some point. I noticed right away when you take the lid off you get a really strong smell of the blueberry muffin powder. This reminded me a lot of the blueberry mix you use when you make blueberry muffins. Even when I had just the powder in my shaker cup before adding water to it, it still had that strong smell to it and had a couple of guys I workout with say they could really smell it when they were close by me. I thought it had a nice light blueberry muffin taste to it. There was no weird chalky or chemical taste to it. This was something I really enjoyed drinking each time I used this. It had a nice rich and creamy smooth taste to it. This should be nothing you will have any trouble wanting to drink. The only little issue I did have and it was nothing to serious was that after drinking this it did kind of dry my mouth out a little and left a little bit of that cottony month like taste. I am glad to see them branch out a little and go with some other unique flavors rather than your normal chocolate and vanilla which are still good flavors but get boring after awhile.

This mixed up very nicely. The powder in this is very fine like. It had a nice rich and creamy smooth like texture to it when mixed. There was no left over chunks or anything that would stick to the bottom of your shaker cup. Always mixed up very nicely each and every time. I only use this as my post workout protein. I would do just one scoop each time. This could very easily be taken other times besides just post workout but that is when I preferred to take it. I could very easily see this being used when you are baking. I would love to try this flavor in with real blueberry muffin mix. I think this would really enhance the flavor of the blueberry muffins a lot more.

I found this be a fairly decent protein powder for me. I feel it did everything I look for in a protein. This was very good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted digestive or stomach issues. I do feel it helped take away a little bit of my appetite after I would take this which was nice if I knew I was not going to be able to eat any regular food for awhile after my workout. I never really noticed any unwanted bloating in my stomach from this. I think my overall recovery was very much improved. I know I felt a lot better after using this and would not feel as sore. I know my DOMs were a lot less noticeable which was nice. I figured with some of my harder more intense workouts I would be a lot more sore but that did not happen. I did still feel a little bit of soreness but it was way less than I normally get. Also I feel this helped me pack on a little more muscle mass and helped me more on my lifts because I was starting to lift a little heavier than I normally do and not hurt so much doing it and do it with a little more ease. This is a great product and is very easy for you to use to help you get your daily intake of protein if you are lacking on your daily protein intake. You get a nice 24g per serving and is at about the right amount you should get per serving. I like to get around 25g and 30g at max per serving. I think for the most part you will be really pleased with how well this will work for you.

Right now Vaxxen Labs and Amazon are the only two places you can get this. Both of them want $36.99 for 28 servings. Maybe just a little high on price but for protein prices this is kind of the norm for them to be a little on the high side. I am not going to knock them to much for price because you are getting some good high quality protein. I would like to see them come out with a larger size tub so it will last you longer especially if your doing more than one scoop per day.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I really liked this protein powder a lot and found it to be very effective for me. I think they did a good job at making this protein powder and having it tasted good. Like I said above having these more unique flavors is nice to see and it's a plus that they taste good also. I know a lot of other companies have tried to make these flavors and don't always do a very good job at making them taste good. If your lacking in your daily protein intake I feel this a great product to help you with that. In general if you want to feel better and have your workouts go better for you I would highly recommend you give this a try. I know this would be a protein I would for sure use again. I would like to see them come out with a bigger size say like 5lb tub because if your taking more than one serving per day you will really go through this a lot faster. Again I want to give a big shout out to Vaxxen Labs for making this product and being so nice and sending me this also to try even though I did not claim it when it was on the trooper program and because of that I knew I had to do a review for this.
  • Good Profile
  • Unique Flavors
  • Can Be Mixed With A Spoon
  • Reduction Of DOMS
  • Slightly Expensive

Thanks to Vaxxen Labs for sending it out!

First off I want to thank Vaxxen Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. Vaxxen Labs is a newer company which I had never heard of before until they put their products on the trooper program. When I saw this posted on the trooper program I had to check it out. After seeing the ingredient profile for this I was rather impressed and figured I would give it a try. This I will say was a pre-workout I was really glad I decided to give a try. This is a very good well rounded pre-workout that will help you in a lot of different areas.

----In...

First I want to thank Vaxxen Labs for not using any prop blends in this and fully disclose everything they put in here. What I really like about this is that it has a nice well rounded list of ingredients to help you with Energy and strength, pumps and vascularity, and tunnel vision. I like that they give you a decent amount of caffeine at 350mg, You also get some B6 and B12 vitamins to help with some energy.

You get L-citrulline malate 4g, agmatine 1g, and Beta alanine 2.5g for pumps and vascularity.

Oxystorm (red spinach extract) 500mg. is an excellent source of potassium (about 8%) which is vital for physical performance. In a clinical trial conducted at the University of Auburn concluded that Oxystorm causes a significant increase in plasma nitrate and thus - nitric oxide. In the human body, increases of nitric oxide helps reduce fatigue experienced during exercise by improving the body's ability to convert energy. The energy increase experienced from taking OxyStorm does not cause the "jitters" or the crash that often comes from similar alkaloid stimulants.

Halostachine 20mg is similar in chemical structure and function to ephedrine. It's a beta adrenergic agonist but is thought to be less potent than ephedrine and therefore, a safer alternative. Clinical studies found no significant increases of heart rate when taking Halostachine. When consumed, Halostachine stimulates the release of neurotransmitters, adrenaline and noradrenaline, into the bloodstream. People taking Halostachine experience increased focus and alertness, and an increase of energy. In the body, Halostachine helps lipolysis, the process of breaking down and releasing fatty acids.

2-Aminoisoheptane 150mg is structurally similar to DMAA and DMBA (Amp Citrate), yet is a DSHEA compliant alternative compound. During trials of 2-Aminoisoheptane, users are shown to experience higher levels of focus and an overall better sense of well-being (euphoria), and a gentle and smooth come-down from the effects.

This comes in one flavor bombsicle. This reminded me a lot of those bombsicle popsicles I used to eat when I was a kid. Unlike what warmachine said in his review for this I thought overall this was pretty good and had a nice taste to it. I know not everyone is always going to like the same flavor and we both disagreed on this flavor but that's ok. It is a little on the strong side in the way of taste but I liked that and think it made it taste better by them doing that. This was a little on the sweet side I noticed but I did not mind that but know some may not like that. I never really found there to be to much of any kind of chemical taste to this or any weird after taste. This was something I looked forward to drinking each time.

Had no real issues with mixing. When mixed it does cause a lot of foam to form on the top. I noticed there was about a good inch of foam on top. Not real sure what caused all of this form but it did not bother me. Also I like that they do not use any dyes in this. I don't need some kind of fancy color to make it look better. I just need it to taste good and work. This looked like ice tea when mixed. Dosing is real simple. For me I used one scoop about 15-20 before my workout. If your someone who is not as stim tolerant you may want to start out with 1/2 scoop and work your way up to one full scoop. I never really felt the need to do more than one scoop just because of all the heavy stims they put in here.

I found this to be a rather effective pre-workout for me. It has a nice well round list of ingredients to help you in a lot of different areas which I really liked about this. For this being a little heavy on stims I felt it gave me some pretty good energy that was consistent and lasted me a long time. It never gave me that jittery or cracked out feeling which was nice. The energy I got from this felt like a more clean like energy which I really liked. I know there where a few times I would feel really tired from working all day and as soon as I took this I could really start to feel this got my energy level to go up.

My overall endurance from this I think was really improved. I felt on days when I was really hitting it hard or doing a lot of sets and reps this really helped keep me going more. I felt like I could keep going longer and needed a lot less time between sets. I know my breathing seemed to stay more calm like and was better able to control it. I noticed on days when I was really hitting it hard I would really start to sweat a lot from this. I don't usually sweat a real lot but with this I really noticed it. Some days I had that like dripping sweat from my forehead. The only time I seemed to noticed the intense like sweating was on days when I would really up my workouts and was hitting it a lot harder. On days when I was not hitting it as hard I did not noticed the sweating as much. Fulc

The pumps and vascularity from this I thought where pretty decent. I do a lot of high volume training and I noticed the pumps I was getting seemed to be a lot more consistent. I felt like my muscles where more swole at times and had that more fuller look to them. The pumps I got where decent nothing that was really painful like. I know some days I felt like I was getting more blood flow because the pumps I was getting were really noticeable. I know my veins at times seemed to pop a lot more. My forearms I noticed had more of those road map like veins popping. It was nothing real crazy like but enough to notice it was doing something vascularity wise.

My overall focus I thought was really good. I felt like I could really lock into my workouts better and tune out other distractions I tend to have while working out. The tunnel vision it gave me was really good. It's always a big plus when you can get that laser like mental focus and tunnel vision. I felt I could really stay on track with my workouts a lot better because of the good mental focus this gave me.

My strength gains from this seemed to really go up a bit. I know from where I was on a lot of lifts when I started taking this to where I was when I finished this I noticed some decent gains. My lifts seemed to go a lot better and I felt a lot better overall when working out in general. I felt like I had that extra drive to really push through some of those more difficult workouts.

Right now the only two places you can get this is on Vaxxen Labs website and amazon. On both sites they want $39.99 for 25 servings. I think this is just a little on the high side. I prefer pre-workouts to be priced around 30 to low 30's dollar range at most. I would like to see them up this to 30 servings instead 25. That I think would help on the value a little. Hopefully some other sites can start carrying this product line because I know that would help to get the price down a little.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

This was a pre-workout I was really pleased with and have to say probably one of the better pre-workouts I have tried. For this being a new pre-workout from a newer company I think they did a really good job on this product. What I really liked about this is that you get a wide variety of ingredients to help you in a lot of different areas which was nice. This is kind like your all in one pre-workout. I think this is more than worth giving a try if you get the chance. I really hope this company can make it and we can start seeing their products on a few other sites. I would like to see them expand on their flavors a little so you can switch flavors and not get tired of just one flavor all the time. This will be a pre-workout I would for sure use again. I am really looking forward to seeing what this company comes out with in terms of new products since this was such a great product. Again I want to give a big shout out to Vaxxen Labs for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Endurance
  • Pumps
  • Razor Focus
  • Tunnel Vision

Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!

First off I want to thank Blackstone Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. After looking into this product a bit I thought it looked kind of interesting. Since it showed up on the trooper program I figured I would give it a try since I was in the need of more aminos. This is a bit different than your normal amino product. Does the extra things they put in here make this any better well yes and no.

This has a rather interesting profile to it. I like that they use no prop blends and disclose everything you get in here. They start out on the label with a lot of different kinds of vitamins.

Next you get HICA, Thebromie, and CDP Choline. HICA is scientifically known as Alpha-Hydroxy-Isocaproic-Acid, or Leucic Acid. This is a metabolite of the branched chain amino-acid Leucine. Don't confuse Leucic Acid with Leucine. You would need to take several grams of Leucine to achieve the same benefits as Leucic Acid. HICA is a metabolite that works alongside the other active amino acids and has been proven to stimulate muscle growth allowing you to train harder, longer, and with less fatigue.

Theobromine is an alkaloid which is similar to caffeine. This is used to increase NO, improve mood, and as a natural diuretic.

CDP Choline This is a pretty good source of choline. I feel this is probably dosed a little on the low side since it is listed third. Consumption promotes brain metabolism by enhancing the synthesis of acetyl-choline, restoring phospholipid content in the brain and affecting neuronal membrane excitability and osmolarity.

Last they list the aminos. I feel this part is dosed really low. I really feel they need to up the amount of aminos they use in this. You should be getting at least 5g+

Theobromine is found naturally in the cocoa-bean and has many useful anti-oxidative properties thoroughly found beneficial in dark chocolate. Though theobromine is not a stimulant, it does have the ability to improve energy in those taking it.

Alanine is a nonessential AA and supports muscle growth.
Methionine is an EAA. It's important in the growth of new blood vessels and can help with a variety of diseases. I didn't see much in terms of benefits for athletes specifically.
Phenylalanine is an EAA and plays a key role in biosynthesis in other amino acids.

This comes in two flavors fruit punch and pina colada. I am not really a fan of any thing coconut flavored so I went with the fruit punch instead. For this being fruit punch it has a really weird taste to it. Compared to all the other fruit punch flavors I have had this did not taste very much like fruit punch at all. At first it does not taste to bad but then you get this really weird after taste to it which I did not like. I am not sure if they tasted this before they released it because it does not have a very good fruit punch taste to it at all. It's kind of hard to explain just what this tasted like. For me it kind of reminded me more of a slight coconut taste to it. This is nothing you will gag trying to drink but it's nothing that is real great either. I think they really need to redo this flavor and make it taste like fruit punch should taste like.

Mixing was not to bad. I did notice when mixed there where a lot of little white pieces floating that never seemed to mix up. What those little pieces where I would like to know. Every once in awhile when I would sip on this I would get some of those little white pieces in my mouth and it was kind of annoying I thought. I used this intra-workout and would do one scoop. I did one scoop for most of the container and when I got a little less than half the container left I upped it to two scoops and found that to work a little better.

I thought overall the recovery I got from this was just so so nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. The recovery I got from this was ok but I feel like it was lacking a bit. I know the total amount of aminos they have in this are dosed a little on the low side and feel that had a bit to do with how well I recovered. I think having the added EAAs in this helped a little more with my recovery than just the aminos themselves. I know my DOMs were a little more noticeable than they had been. My endurance was ok I don't feel it improved my endurance a whole lot. I know a few times when I was working out really hard I was breathing a lot more heavy like than I normally do and this did not help me a real lot to help get my breathing down.

The nootropics they put in this I did not feel helped me a real lot. My overall mental focus did not seem to improve very much by using this. This is one area they really market that this product is suppose to help you with. This was one of the things I was really looking forward to helping me with and was a little disappointed it did not help me much.

Taste plays a big part in aminos and need to taste good. The reason they need to taste good is because you sip on aminos instead of slamming them like you can do with a pre-workout if it does not taste good. If it tastes good I will tend to drink this a lot faster and have to keep adding more water to it. The way this tasted it was hard at times wanting to drink this and because of that I was not always adding a lot of extra water to it. I like getting that extra water in me to help keep me more hydrated and keep my system more flushed out.

The added vitamins they put in this I really liked. I think they helped me more with my overall immune system and health more so than anything else.

The price for this I think is a little high. The cheapest I could find this was $34.99 for 30 servings. If you order from their website they want $39.00 and if you use the code SRTROOP you will save 20% which brings the price down to $31.99 which is not so bad. If your having to do two scoops the value really drops a lot for me and feel it's not worth it.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

This was an ok product for me. I think with a little tweaking of ingredients this could be a lot better product. I like the idea of having the nootropics in this to help you with your mental focus but they need to work on this part a little more. This won't be a product I plan to use again unless they up some of the ingredients in this to help make it a lot more effective product. Also tasted is one thing that really needs to be worked on. It's really hard wanting to sip on something that is not very enjoyable to drink. I would say if you can find a really good deal on this then maybe give it a try but if your having to pay full price for this and have to use two scoops it's just not worth it. This I feel has the potential to be a great product but just needs some work on the ingredient label. Again I want to give a big shout out to Blackstone Labs for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Recovery
  • No Focus

Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!

First off I want to thank Blackstone Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a pre-workout I have wanted to try for awhile now. Been hearing that this is suppose to be really heavy on stims and wanted to try it mainly for that reason. Awhile back I got to try their regular Dust V2 and thought that was so so and figured that since this is suppose to be more extreme this should be a lot better. Was this any better for me than their Dust V2 I guess we will find out.

What I like about this is that...

What I like about this is that they fully disclose everything they put in here meaning no prop blends. It's really nice knowing what all your getting and how much. This is going to be one of your heavier stim products. They use 350mg of caffeine in this which is a decent amount. If your more sensitive to caffeine this might not be for you. I like that they use 4 grams of Citrulline Malate 2:1 and 1 gram of Agmatine Sulfate to help you more with pumps.

N-Acetyl-Tyrosinen 500mg for focus. I found this to be a little low on the dosage.

Beta-Alanine at 2.5g. This I feel is an ok amount. I never really feel anything from this meaning Beta tingles that some people get but that does not mean it's not working for me.

Hordenine another stimulant that is bitter orange related. Not much info is available on this yet so not really sure if it's good or worked for me.

Higenamine (75mg) This is known to dilate the bronchial tubes similar to Ephedrine and a beta 2 agonist. It should help in the uptake of the stimulants.

Huperzine 300mg. This is suppose to enhance your mood. They do put a decent amount in here at 300mg. I am starting to see more companies lately starting to use this ingredient more. I know nootropics are starting to become a lot more popular as of lately and this is one of the ingredients they put in them.

It was either pineapple mango or sour gummy bear. Right away I had to go with the sour gummy bear. This has been a flavor I have been seeing a lot lately and have been wanting to give it a try. Since this was my first time trying this flavor I could not compare it to any of the other companies that have this flavor to know if it was any better or not. I thought it was ok. It was nothing that I thought was amazing and could not wait to drink again. It does have that nice gummy bear taste to it which you will have no problem drinking. I did notice just a little bit of a weird after taste to this. It was nothing real bad but just enough to notice. I think overall they did a good job at getting this flavor down just right now.

No issues with it mixing. You won't get any left over settlement with this. Since this is a bit on the heavy side stim wise I would stick to one scoop. I would take this about 15-20 before my workout.

For this being the extreme version and suppose to be a bit heavier on stims I never really felt that really hard smack you in the face type jolt of energy from this. I mean I did get some decent energy from this but nothing that made me feel all cracked out and jittery like which I figured would happen with this product since it is suppose to be the more extreme version than their regular Dust V2 product. At first it does hit you kind of hard but that did not last very long for me. When I had tried their regular Dust V2 product I heard that was suppose to be pretty heavy on stims but never got much from that and when I heard about this newer version the Extreme I figured this would hit me a lot harder but not a hole lot of difference I found between the two. This of course was a bit more but not a huge difference for me to really notice. I do feel it helped keep me going through out my whole workout which was nice. I noticed at times my endurance was better and could keep going more. I know there were a few times after doing some of my more intense sets I would feel a bit more winded and could feel my heart racing a bit more. This only happened once in awhile just depended on how hard I was working out and what I was doing.

The pumps from this were so so. I always have trouble in general feeling a good pump. They do put some good stuff in here to help with pumps but for me it was not enough to really feel them and that is why I feel the need to have a pump product I can stack. I did stack this with their Hype Extreme product but that for me did not help much and turned out to be not so great a product for me. You can see my review I posted for that product on here also. This is not meant to help a lot with pumps because it is geared more toward energy which makes sense. That is why they say you should stack this with one of their pump products hype or hype extreme.

The mental focus I got from this was ok. I would have liked it to have been a lot more. I never felt that laser like focus I like to get that really helps me lock into my workouts better so I can focus better on what I am doing and block out other distractions better. It did help me some at staying better on track to what I was doing but nothing that seemed to last very long.

My overall strength gains from this were minimal. I never really felt a real lot on strength gains from this. I feel I stayed around the same on weight for a lot of my lifts I do and never really increased on weight to much. I feel this was lacking on a few things that could have made this a lot better for me. After using their Dust V2 and now their Dust Extreme I never really notice a huge difference between the two products. Yes the extreme did hit me a little harder but not enough to make me feel like this was more extreme like. A lot of the same effects I got were the same between the two products. I figure that since this was the extreme version I would have noticed a really big difference between the two products but I did not. Maybe it was just me and how I reacted to this product but overall I felt this did not do a real lot for me that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. If I was only using this once in awhile and not all the time I think it would be good for that reason but not use all the time when you workout.

The cheapest I could find this was on tfsupplements.com for $39.78 for 25 servings. On most other sites they want $44.99. That is pretty much the standard price for this on any sites that carry this. I noticed with their products that whatever you see the price for on one site that is pretty much the same price you will see on other sites. I think for this product the price is a little to high especially since you are only getting 25 servings and not 30. For this being a so so product for me the price is just to high for me to want to buy.

Side Effects

Nothing I really noticed. I would say if your more sensitive to caffeine this might be a little to much for you at 350mg.

Conclusion

For this being their extreme version I did not feel it performed that way for me. Like I said above that when I used their Dust V2 I did not notice much of a difference between these two products. Between the two products I would rather take this over their Dust V2. Not sure what it was but I really was hoping this would have worked better for me. It's not a bad product at all it just did not do a lot for me. I guess what I would say is give this a try yourself because I feel a lot of people will really enjoy it and find it to be a decent product. I would say if you can get a good deal on this go for it and give it a try but at $45 this is a little to much I care to spend. I am just really up in the air about this product and don't want to say it was bad but it was not great either. Again I want to thank Blackstone Labs for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • High Caffeine
  • Slight Aftertaste
  • Bit Pricey

Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!

First off I want to thank Blackstone Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I always like trying pump products when I get the chance. No pump products are not that important to have but are nice to have once in awhile. This has been a pump product I have been wanting to try for awhile now. Biggest reason not trying this sooner was price which I will explain more below.

The extreme version of this is a little different than their regular hype product. I am not really sure what to think of the ingredients they used in this. I won't say they are bad I just feel a few things were missing from this that really help you more with pumps and vascularity. I do like that they don't use any prop blends in this and fully disclose everything that is in this.

They replaced this with hydromax 2g which consists of 65% glycerol mixed with silica. This makes it 100% water-soluble. You will get double the dose of glycerol. This is what pulls water into your cells, creating that massive swelling effect. This will cause your entire body to go into a state of hyperhydration, decreasing dehydration.

Sodium Nitrates 1.5g These can be found in vegetables. When absorbed by your body, it converts straight to NO2 and is absorbed very rapidly. This means vasodilation on a massive scale. Wider veins means high blood volume in your muscles, which is the essence of the pump!

Alpha GPC 250mg
I feel this is a little on the low side. This helps with cognitive thinking and helping to get more blood flow to the brain.

Rhodiola Rosea 300mg
This is another nootropic that works to reduce fatigue and assist in raising cognitive function as well.

Huperzine A 300mcg
This will help prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine and keep you in the zone longer and enhance the effects.

This comes in two flavors Cotton Candy and Fruit Punch. I decided to give the cotton candy a try. This is a flavor I have been seeing lately and been wanting to try. This had a real strong cotton candy taste to it maybe a little to much for my liking. I think they did a good job at getting the flavoring down so it has that cotton candy taste. For me I think it was a little to strong and a little to sweet. It did leave a little bit of a weird after taste which I was not to crazy about. It was good at first but you get really tired of it quickly or at lease I did. It does have that cotton candy taste to it but not something I wanted to drink all the time.

Mixing was not to bad but there was a little bit of an issue I had. There were a lot of little pieces that were left over each time I would shake this up. I noticed that the inside of my shaker cup would always have these little pieces stuck to it. Not real sure what they were but they never seemed to mix up. Dosing was pretty simple with this. I would take one scoop with their pre-workout Dust Extreme.

Here are some of the things they list on the label this is suppose to do. Increase N.O. production & vascularity. Enhances mood & focus. Extreme cell volumizing effects. I figured that since this was suppose to be the extreme version meaning more extreme like effects that I should notice boy was this a big let down for me. The pumps I got from this were pretty much non existing. Usually I can always feel some kind of pump when I workout but with this I could hardly feel them at all. I do a lot of high volume training and that will usually help me more at feeling them but it did not. I tried at times to keep going a lot quicker between sets and not take as much time before I was ready for my next set hoping it would help me feel the pumps more but that did not help much at all. I can usually tell that when I am getting a good pump my muscles start to hurt a little more because I am getting more blood flow into them but not so much from this product. Lately I had been upping the number of sets and reps I was doing and figured I would not be able to do all of them because of the pumps being to much causing my muscles to hurt more because of more blood flow I was getting but that never happened at all for me. I was able to keep going and do all my sets and reps and hardly hurt at all in my muscles.

The vascularity I got from this was hardly noticeable. Usually when I know I am getting good vascularity I will notice it a lot in my forearms because I usually get a lot of those road map like veins that start to pop but with this my vascularity was very weak and my veins would hardly pop at all. Also this was suppose to help give your muscles a more full/swole like feeling to them but I hardly noticed that at all. Also this is suppose to help give you better focus and cognitive feeling because of the Alpha GPC they put in this. I never felt like my mind was any better or more clear like where I could focus better or think better. Usually this is something I can notice right away but with this I felt no difference at all. This product really disappointed me a lot because I had a lot of really high hopes on this working really well for me.

Pretty much the standard price for this is $39.99 for 25 servings. For a pump product I think that is way to high and considering you only get 25 servings instead of your normal 30 did not help either. Since this product did not work for me it really made the value drop even more. Even if this had worked really well for me $40 is still a rather high price tag to spend just for a pump product.

Side Effects

I wish because then I could have said I at least noticed something from this product even if it was something bad lol

Conclusion

What a big disappointment this was for me. For this being their "Extreme" version I really expected some extreme results from this. I will be straight forward and honest with you that this did next to nothing for me in the way of pumps, vascularity, and better mental focus. I think with the ingredients they use in their regular hype are a lot better and much more effective. I guess if you find this on sale for a really cheap price then maybe give it a try but if you have to pay full price for this I am sorry it's just not worth it all. I am not going to say this won't work for someone else but it just did not do anything for me and really was hoping it would. I did hear them say on the video they have posted for this product on their website that they are not sure if they will keep this product along with their regular hype product. I think they should stick with just their regular hype and really focus on it and try to make that really good. Again I want to give a big shout out to Blackstone Labs for letting me have the chance to try this.
 Cons:

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!

First I want to thank MyProtein for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This has been a protein I have wanted to try for awhile now and was hoping it would show up on the trooper program again. After reading the reviews on here for this and seeing that this was getting some pretty high ratings I had to give it a try the next time I got a chance to. After using this I was really happy I got to try this. Just like on all the other reviews where it was getting really high ratings I could not disagree with that at all. This was a protein that was more than worth trying.

You get 21g of protein in this. Not to bad but I prefer 25g to 30g. You get 90 calories per scoop. 0g of fats. Less than 1g carbs and less than 1g of sugar. 50mg of sodium. This overall has a very clean ingredient profile which I really like. Also this is artificially flavored. They said there are amino acids in this and I wish they would list them so you know how much you are getting. You get at least 2g Leucine. I like that this has been tested through labdoor and gets an A grade at 91.2/100. Total protein was measured at 87.6g per 100g of product. A 25g serving will yield 21.9g protein, 4.3% over its label claim.

I requested the Salted Caramel flavor and that is what I got. WOW this stuff tasted amazing. This was probably one of the best tasting salted caramel flavors I have ever had. They did a really good job at getting this flavor down just right. From start to finish I never got tired of drinking this. Each time I used this I really looked forward to drinking it. This had just the right taste to it. This had a nice strong taste to it but notto overly strong or to sweet.

This mixed really well each time I used this. Never had any issue with it mixing. This had a real light texture to it and was not very thick at all to drink. It was nice and smooth to drink. Dosing was pretty simple. Since this is isolate protein it gets into your system a lot quicker and the best time to take this is right away after your workout. You could take this anytime of the day if you wanted but would recommend post workout as being the best time to take this. I would do just one scoop each time I used this.

This I found to be a really good isolate protein. This was very smooth to drink. Never had any digestive issue with this. My stomach always felt good after drinking this. Also this won't give you that bloated stomach feeling at all or any gas issues. If your looking for a good protein to help you meet your macro intake this is really good for that. Also this would be a great protein to have if you want to use when you are baking or making pancakes. I felt that my recovery from this was always really good and helped me build more muscle and helped me maintain my strength better. I did not feel this hindered me much at retaining my fullness when taken before my next meal which was usually dinner.

Right now they want $29.99 for the 2.2lb bag which has 40 servings in it on their website. I think that is a really good price for this product. This will cost you less than a dollar per serving at $0.75. Can't really go wrong with this product and feel it is more than worth the value. If you go with any of their bigger sizes the price is even a little better.

Side Effects

None I noticed.

Conclusion

For me I found this to be a really good isolate protein. This has been tested and proven to be a great protein and that is why I really like this companies protein products. If you want a good effective and very clean protein this is for sure the protein you want. The value of this protein is more than worth it and won't break your wallet on cost. Also if your looking for a great tasting protein you wont have to worry about that at all with this product. If your looking for a protein to help you hit your marcos I would highly recommend this. Again I want to give a big shout out to MyProtein for making this product and letting us try it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Digestion
    • Recovery
    • Delicious
    • Low Fat
    • Independent Lab Tested
    • Low Carb
    • GMP & ISO-9001 Standards
    • Excellent Value

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!

First off I want to thank RSP Nutrition for letting us troopers have the chance to try this product. Anytime I can try a new amino product I am up for doing so. I am really big into amino products and feel they are a must have in your workout stack. For a person like me who works out 5-6 days a week every week I need all the recovery I can get and amino's I feel are a big plus. When I saw this company finally start to put their products on the trooper program I had to give them a try since I have been wanting to try them for awhile now.

Thi...

This has a fairly simple ingredient profile to it. This has a 2:1:1 ratio. You get 6grams of BCAAs. This supports increased circulation and nutrient transport. Has raw coconut water and electrolytes for optimal hydration. Great taste and solubility. and is caffeine and sugar free.

A few other things you get in here to help with hydration is magnesium 10mg, sodium 47mg, and potassium 105mg. Also they put 1g of L-Citruline Malate in this but not really sure why they use this and at such a low dose. I also really like the raw coconut water they use to help you with hydration also. It's kind of interesting they put black pepper fruit extract 5mg. This helps facilitate nutrients and aminos to where they need to go. I like the few extra things they add to help with more than just recovery.

I requested the lemon lime flavor. I thought it was decent. It was nothing that really blew my mind in terms of taste. It kind of reminded me of drinking Gatorade. It was good at first but after awhile I started to get kind of tired of drinking this flavor. This reminded me of drinking a generic version compared to the real thing. It has that lemon lime taste but it does not have that real strong taste to it. It's all right taste wise but would prefer a little strong taste to it since this is something you sip on.

Had no real issues with it mixing. Very little foam when mixed and no left over little pieces in this. It does have a light green color when mixed but not to heavy in color with I am ok with. Since I was getting 50 servings in this I thought I would do a nice heaping scoop each time. I was getting pretty close to a scoop and a half each time I used this.

At first when I started to use this I was not to sure this was doing a lot for me but after awhile I started to notice more that this was helping me. Overall I felt my recovery was a little better. I won't say it was amazing on my recovery but it did help me some. I felt less issues with any DOMs that I might get from some of my more intense workouts but it did not completely get rid of them. I felt I was able to keep and gain more of my muscle mass. I felt I was making some good gains on my lifts and felt better when working out. I always felt like I was ready a lot quicker between sets and did not need as much time to recovery before I was ready for my next set. I noticed after awhile I was not drinking as much water as I normally do. I feel this really kept me feeling a lot more hydrated. Usually when I use an amino product I drink a lot of water with it. With this I did not seem to be drinking as much water. I feel this product helps you a bit more than just with your recovery but with hydration also.

Right now you can get the 50 serving (which I was set) for $22 on their website. I think that is a great price for this size container. Also right now on bodybuilding.com you can get a 30 serving container for $19.97 and get another one free.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a decent amino product. It was nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness but it still helped me get the job done. What I liked about this product is that it will not only help you with your recovery but help you with hydration also. I think for the price and what you get out of this product it is worth giving a try. I think this would be a great product to have on hand to use once in awhile when you feel you need a little extra recovery from some of those harder more intense workouts. Again I want to give a big shout out to RSP Nutrition for making this product and letting us try it.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improves Recovery
      • Hydration

Thanks to Blackstone Labs for sending it out!

First off I want to thank Blackstone Labs for letting us troopers have the chance to try this product. I think the idea behind a product like this is really good. I know for me and for a lot of bodybuilders we don't consume enough fruits and veggies. I think this was a great way to help get those fruits and veggies into my system. You don't realize how important they are until you are not taking them and start taking them on a regular basis. I was pretty happy I was able to supplement this into my daily supplement intake.

This is made up o...

This is made up of many your greens and veggies which you can see listed in the ingredient profile so know what's all in this. They are all listed in one in big prop blend at 11.25g. Normally I have an issue with prop blends but in a product like this I am not as worried. This is packed with 100% micronized fruits, veggies, fiber, minerals, and anti-oxidants that will help fight off any free radical that is present in your body. They use in this capsorb which is their own proprietary ingredient that allows for maximum absorption of each nutrient. This means your body won't naturally rid half of your serving in the toilet 30 minutes after you consume it. What you see on the label, your body actually uses. This is something I really liked about this. Also in this you get 20 calories, 7g carbs, 2g fiber and 5g sugar.

This comes in one flavor Bangin Berries. This was like a banana and strawberry mix or at least that's what it was showing on the front of the label. Usually a product like this is really hard to mask the taste of because all those fruits and Veggies. I was rather surprised how good this tasted. I feel they did a really good job at masking the taste of this so it is enjoyable to drink. I know a lot of products like this are really hard to drink because of how bad they taste. With this you will have no problem at all wanting to drink it. There is a slight kind of weird taste to it at first that you can notice but nothing that will hinder the taste. So glad this tasted good so I did not have to try and stomach it just to get it down.

Had no issues at all with it mixing. The powder does have a little bit of a gritty or sandy texture to it but that did not cause it any issues when mixing. They say to take this 1-2 times daily. I would use only one scoop daily but could have done two but did not want to go through the product that much quicker since there is only 30 servings in this. I would normally take this at work during my first break in the morning. There were a few times that when I was not working that day I would take this about an hour before I would go and workout to help fuel my body a little more before I took my pre-workout. So pretty much anytime during the day you could take this. I just preferred taking it in the mornings more so.

Like they say a lot of bodybuilders don't consume enough fruits and veggies and I am one of those that does not. I know the importance of doing this but it's really hard for me to do. This is where products like this really come in handy for people like me. I feel this was a great way to get those fruits and veggies in me. I know eating real fruits and veggies would be a little better for you but at least I was getting them in me by taking them in this powder form. I know a lot of bodybuilder eat to build up the outside of their bodies but forget to keep the inside of their bodies well nourished and healthier and that is where the fruits and veggies come into play. Taking this on it's own won't make you feel all juiced up but your body will notice it later on.

I know that since I started taking this I started to feel a lot better in my body and I felt like I had more energy at times and not feel so sluggish. I feel that since I started taking this my body and my joints started to hurt less and they started to feel a little better. Also I noticed that my immune system was really improved by taking this. Usually at this time of the year in the spring time I get a little bit of a cold and that did not happen and I feel this really helped me avoid any colds which was a big plus for me. Also I noticed that when I was taking this my hair and nails started to grow more than they normally do. That is one way I could tell this was helping me by how fast my hair and nails were growing.

Usually when I take a product like this I notice that when I use the bathroom my urine turns a bright neon yellow color but with this it did not. They use capsorb in this which allows for maximum absorption of each nutrient. This means you won't be getting rid of half your serving when you use the bathroom and are fully able to absorb everything they put in this. I am really glad they use the capsorb so I am not getting rid of half the stuff they put in this when I use the bathroom. I know when I take multi-vitamins this happens all the time for me and it seems like such a waste. When I took this I never noticed any issues with my stomach or had any upset stomach like feelings. I always tried to eat a little something with this just incase and I feel that helped. Even if I would have taken this on an empty stomach I don't think I would have had any real issues. For the most part this should be pretty easy on your stomach and not cause you any kind of upset stomach.

Pretty much the standard price for this is $34.99 for 30 servings which I am seeing on the few sites that carry this. Usually whatever the price you see their products listed for will be the same on all sites that carry their products. Their prices don't normally differ from one site to another I have noticed. For a product like this it is maybe just a little on the high side. Would like to see it drop to around $30. I would like to see them come out with a larger size container so it will last longer especially if you are doing 2 servings daily. I won't knock them to much for price considering the convenience of this is so much easier than trying to eat all of these fruits and veggies.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I think overall this was a decent product that really worked well for me. If your someone that has a really hard time eating your fruits and veggies this is a great product for you. I would not try to rely just on a product like this to get your fruits and veggies, I would still try and eat them if you can since that would be the healthiest for you. You don't realize how important it is to keep the inside parts of your body more healthy until you stop eating the right fruits and veggies. This is a product I could see becoming a new staple in my workout stack. I know I don't consume nearly enough fruits and veggies and this is so handy to have to help me get them. What really helped make this better was the great job they did on masking the taste of this and making it so much more enjoyable to drink. If this would have tasted really bad I would have a really hard time wanting to use this again. Again I want to give a big shout out to Blackstone Labs for making this product and letting us try it.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Tatse
        • Improved Immune System
        • Well Being

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!

First off I want to thank Nature Restore for letting us troopers have the chance to try this product. This is my first ever Nature Restore product and first time using a stand alone AstraGin product. At first I was like what is this product and pretty much ignored it until I started seeing a few reviews for it. After reading the reviews for it and hearing how good it was on recovery and other things I had to give it a try. Boy was I glad I claimed this product. This product really surprised me at how good it was.

This is a single ingredient...

This is a single ingredient product with 200mg of AstraGin. Here is a little something I found on their website as to what this does. "This is an absorption enhancing ingredient, and it's proven in a dozen pre-clinical studies to support amino acid, vitamin & mineral absorption. AstraGin is a 100% natural food ingredient that has shown in the cell, animal, and human studies to support the absorption of much essential life supporting and health promoting nutrients, such as amino acids and vitamins into human cells. By fostering a cellular environment to allow a greater amount of these nutrients to pass from the bloodstream into the cells, AstraGin provides for truly improved bioavailability".

There is no real taste to these. They come in capsules. Also nothing to mix. Dosing is pretty simple. All you really need is 1 capsule per day. You could take 2 pills twice a day if you want but not needed. If you take this once per day I would take it with your pre-workout or any other supplements you use. The other way you could take this is one pill before bed or in the morning. For me I took this twice a day. Usually I would take one in the morning and one before bed. That seemed to work really well for me. A few times if I forgot to take this in the mornings and would take it later in the day before working out. Really all you need is one pill and that should be more than enough.

I found this product to be rather surprising for me. Not long after I started taking this I could really start feeling a big difference in how I felt. This is used to help absorb supplements you are taking better into your system. I feel this helped with absorbing my supplements a lot better and quicker into my system. I know on all my lifts my strength seemed to go up a lot. I was able to start lifting heavier than normal and be able to do the weight I was doing a lot easier than I could. I also really noticed a big difference in my recovery. My body started to feel a lot better and my recovery seemed to really improve a lot. I noticed I was feeling way less sore and could keep going longer. I noticed that when I took this at night before bed I would wake up in the morning feeling a lot better and more awake. I think this really helped me at night get a lot better sleep. If I would have known how great this product was going to be I would have checked this product out a long time ago. I never knew how effective AstraGin was on it's own until I tried it. My overall body just felt so much better and was able to do a lot more stuff while working out and not get as tired or fatigued. I felt I had more energy, was more alert, and way less soreness.

Right now the only place you can get this is on Nature Restore website. They want right now $32.95 for 90 capsules. I feel that is maybe just a little high for a single ingredient product like this. Since I was doing 2 pills a day I was not getting the full 90 day servings I was only getting 45. I would like to see the price dropped a little on this but for being so effective of a product I won't dock it on price to much.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I was really surprised what this product did for me. The recovery, energy and alertness this gave me was way better than I thought it was going to be. This is something I think could become a staple to your supplement stack and maybe should be. If your someone that works out a lot (like me) 5-6 days a week I would highly recommend trying this product. When you first look into a product like this it does not look like a very exciting type product. Please don't let the look of it fool you because once you start using this you will be really amazed at how effective this product really is. This would be a product I would for sure use again. Probably not all the time but once in awhile. Again I want to give a big shout out to Natures Restore for making this product and letting us troopers have the chance to give this a try.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Enhanced Pump Feel
          • Increase Supplement Absorption
          • Improved Recovery
          • Better Feeling Of General Health
          • Some Endurance Increase

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
            First off I want to thank MyProtein for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This was my first ever MyProtein product I have tried. I have been looking into their products for awhile now and really liked what I was seeing. I checked out the reviews on here for their products and a lot of them are giving their products some pretty high ratings. I figured if they ever put any of their products on the trooper program I would for sure try to claim them.

This is a blended type protein consisting of whey concentrate, whey isolates, and hydrolysed whey isolates. Some of the key benefits to this is that you get 25g of protein per scoop. This delivers Digezyme and Aminogen an expertly developed blend of enzymes that break proteins into their amino acids before being digested to form the building blocks of protein within the muscle. You get 2g carbs and 1g fat in each serving. You get over 5g of BCAAs in each serving. and you get 4g of Glutamine & Glutamic Acid in each serving. I really like the ingredient profile for this because they try to keep this clean because of what's in it and how they make it.

Taste
            This comes in four flavors chocolate fudge, cookies & cream, strawberry milkshake, and vanilla ice cream. I had requested to try the cookies & cream but was sent the vanilla ice cream instead. It was not a big deal that I did not get the cookies & cream but would rather have gotten that flavor. The vanilla ice cream was good. It is a little on the light side for taste and seems to have a little more of that water down taste. It was still enjoyable to drink but wish it had a little stronger taste to it. You will get no weird after taste when you drink this which is nice.

Mixability/Dosing
            Mixing was really good with this. Mixed up right away and no left over little pieces. When mixed it did not mix real thick like. This reminded me of a more real thin like chocolate milk. Dosing for this can be taken a few different ways. This can be taken pre-workout, post-workout or anytime on the go. Since I was using their impact whey isolate for post workout I figured I would use this in the mornings before workout. This seemed to work really good for me in the mornings. I would do just one scoop each time I used this.

I decided I would use this mainly as my morning before work protein. Since I was taking their impact whey isolate for after my workouts I figured this would be good for in the mornings. I have to say that this was a very smooth protein to drink with no thickness or clumps to it. Had no issues at all with it digesting in my system and always seemed to feel pretty good in the stomach after I drank this. This does have some Digezyme and Aminogen an expertly developed blend of enzymes that break proteins into their amino acids before being digested. I never felt or had any stomach bloating from this. I can contribute that to being very light to drink and not heavy at all when mixed. Also this never caused me any unwanted bathroom issues which was nice. Usually I would feel better in the mornings after I would drink this. At times I have trouble drinking a protein shake or eating regular food in the mornings because of the way my stomach usually feels in the mornings where I have a hard time wanting to eat anything but with this I had no issues at all. I feel this helped give me a little more energy in the mornings to help get me going more. I felt more fueled like because I had this in my system to help keep me going until it was lunch time.

Also I feel this helped me a bit with any soreness I might have from working out the day before. Lately I have been upping my weight a bit and going a little heavier than normal and I feel this helped a bit more with my recovery beside what I was getting from the impact whey isolate I was taking after my workouts. I think by getting these extra proteins in my body right away in the morning was a plus to help me feel and recovery a little quicker so I would be more ready for my next workout. Since I started adding this in the morning I feel it has helped my workouts a lot better. I feel this has helped me gain more strength in my lifts and made my workouts go a lot better by the way I felt. I feel overall my DOMs where much better and a lot less noticeable which was nice. I feel this has been a plus to have in the mornings for helping me more. You get 25g of protein in this which I find to be a decent amount. I prefer at least 25g to 30g each time I take protein. I think this is a great protein that can be used in a few different ways besides just post workout.

This comes in two sizes 30 servings or 60 servings. I figured I would get the 30 serving tub sent to me but instead they sent me the 60 serving tub which was even better and really appreciate them doing that. For the 30 serving they want $31 and for the 60 serving they want $55 on their website. Their website is pretty much the only place you can get this because hardly any other sites carry their product line. I think for both of these size containers this is a pretty good value. I think the 60 servings is a little better deal. A lot of the time you can get some pretty good deals on their products because they post a lot of discount codes you can use. Usually blended proteins are a little more expensive so for $55 I think this is a decent price and if you can get a discount code to use it's even better value.

Side Effects
            Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion
            For a blended protein I found this to be pretty decent and effective for me. I feel they did a good job on this product and have a good blended protein product now in their product line. Sometimes it's kind of nice to use blended proteins because they can be more utilized in different ways than just post workout. I would highly recommend this product if your looking for a good blended protein that is fairly clean ingredient wise. Price wise I feel this is a good value and you can usually get discount code you can use. I would for sure use this product again but would like to try some of their other flavors instead. This product line is not available on many sites and would like to see more site start carrying them. I know they are not located in the United States so that makes it a little harder for sites to carry them. Hopefully this can change because I think they have a lot of really good products they make and be able to get a little better prices. Again I want to give a big shout out to MyProtein for making this product and letting us try it.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Taste Good
            • Great Recovery
            • Great In Water Or Milk
            • Great Mixability