workoutguru

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by workoutguru

Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
  August 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Tastes Good

First off I want to thank UXO Supplements for letting us troopers have the chance to try this product. This will be my first time ever using any UXO products. This is a little different than your normal Whey protein because in this you are getting 7 different kinds of proteins. I like to do blended proteins once in awhile to change things up and figured this would be great to have for in the mornings to help me on my recovery and help to fuel me up more.

In this you get 7 different proteins Whey Concentrate, Whey Isolate, Milk Isolate, Calcium Caseinate, Micellar Casein, Egg Whites, and Whey Hydrolysate.

Medium release proteins you get is Egg Protein and Milk Protein Isolate fuels your body with amino acids for 1 hours (90 minutes).

Extended Release protein you get is Micellar Casein and Calcium Caseinate take much longer to digest. You get a full 4 hour release of amino acids. This makes these proteins ideal for appetite control.

Immediate Release Proteins you get is Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Concentrate & Glutamine Peptides are absorbed within 30 minutes after you consume them.

You get 24g of timed released proteins, Over 5g of BCAAs from protein to increase protein synthesis and improve lean muscle mass and enhance muscle recovery, Includes necessary vitamins to increase metabolic functions and increase energy, CLA to promote fat loss, and 5g of Dietary Fibers to support healthy digestion.

This comes in two flavors Strawberry milkshake and Frozen Cappuccino. Since I can't stand anything coffee flavored I had to go with the strawberry milkshake. I thought it tasted pretty good. Had a nice light strawberry taste to it. If you happen to use to much water it really gave it a bit more of that water down taste to it which I did not like. This is not real heavy on taste but has more of a lighter strawberry milkshake taste to it. You should have no issues at all wanting to drink this. Also there was no weird after taste to this.

Had no issues with it mixing at all. There were no left over chunks or anything that stuck to the bottom of my shaker bottle. Everything seem to fully mix up very nicely. Since this has your slow medium and fast digesting proteins in this it can be taken at other times besides just post workout. For me I used this in the morning to help fuel me up and give me a little more recovery. It's says on the label that two scoops in one serving size.

Since this was a blend protein product I decided I would use this in the mornings before work and then do my regular protein after my workout. Since I don't eat much in the mornings for breakfast I figured this would be good for me to take to help fuel me up a little more and give me some more energy. After taking this in the mornings I felt a little more full like to where I felt like I had something in me to help fuel my body and get me going. Also I felt like I got some good energy from this to help get me going more. It was nice having the different release time proteins in this so they could hit me at different times though out the morning and help keep me going until lunch time.

Also it was nice getting these extra proteins in me to help me with any recovery I needed from my workout the day before. After I started to use this I started to feel a lot better in my body. I know my recovery seemed to be a lot better and I felt a lot less sore and my DOMs were way less. Never had any gut issues when taking this. This seemed to be very good on my stomach and never did I get any upset stomach from this. I know this has some dietary fibers in this to help with healthy digestion and I feel they helped with this. Had no unwanted bathroom issues while taking this. While I was on this I noticed I not feeling as bloated. My stomach seemed to feel and look a little more flatter which was nice.

Also I notice they do have some CLA in this to help with fat loss. I feel I did trim up a little more while I was on this and was able to gain a little more muscle mass instead of feeling and looking all bloated like. Normally my weight likes to stay around the same weight all the time (195lbs) and will maybe go up or down a few pounds and that's it. I would like to increase my weight some and put more muscle mass on but for me that is hard to do that because then I start to get a lot more bloated and that I don't always like. I guess to put on more weight it's hard to do without feeling all bloated like.

Right now UXO products are only available through their website. On UXO website they want $49.99 for 30 servings. I think the price is way too high for a smaller size container like this. I would really like to see some other sites start carrying this product like because it would really help to lower the price a bit. I know this is a blended protein and they usually cost more but this is just to high for me. This comes out to about $1.66 per serving.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I don't normally use blended proteins but they are nice to have once in awhile. I was rather pleased with this and how it worked for me. I feel this has a good solid profile and it works. I would really like to see some other sites start carrying this product line and plus it would help to lower the prices a bit. If your looking to try something a little different in protein blends I would recommend giving this a try. I know this would be a product I would try again if I am in the need of this kind of protein again but first the price would have to drop a bit. Again I want to give a big shout out to UXO Supplements for making this product and letting me try it.

August 8, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Mental Focus
  • Good Strength Gains
  • No Prop Blends
  • Jittery At 2 Scoops

First off I want to thank Blue Ribbon Nutrition of letting me have the chance to try this product. Blue Ribbon Nutrition is a fairly new company that I had never heard of before. Awhile back I happen to be on Facebook and I saw Blue Ribbon's page pop up a few different times. I decided to go and check them out and when I saw what their ingredient profile looked like I was rather impressed and wanted to see if they would let me try this and in return do a review for them. They were more than happy to let me try this and sent me this to try and then review.

----Ingred...

I want to start off by thanking BR for not using any prop blends in this and fully disclosing everything they put in this. I think this has a lot of really good ingredients in this and dosed at good amounts. They put a total of 15 different ingredients in this. I like how they break this down so you know just how much you are getting if your using 1 scoop or 2. Here is a list of all the ingredients and what they do that they have posted on their website.

Niacin(25mg)
Also known as vitamin B3, niacin increases energy by assisting in the breakdown of carbohydrates, fats, and proteins, through its conversion into key energy-regulating molecules, NAD and NADP+. Niacin also improves overall metabolism9

Vitamin B-6 (20mg) Vitamin B6 is required in countless bodily functions for overall health8. Vitamin B6 is a key component in the production of hemoglobin, which carries oxygen through the bloodstream, and, similarly to B12, it is therefore required to deliver oxygen to muscles and the brain. It also supports adrenal function.

Vitamin B-12 (20mg)
Vitamin B12 is integral in red blood cell formation, and is therefore required for efficient delivery of oxygen to blood, brain and muscles, enhancing overall physical and mental endurance. It is also critical for proper neurological function, and contributes to enhanced cognition, memory, and positive mood7.

L-Citrulline Malate 2:1 (3000mg)
L-Citrulline is a non-essential amino acid that can increase nitric oxide production by replenishing depleted arginine, resulting in enhanced blood flow. By increasing blood flow, citrulline improves endurance and helps rebuild muscle tissue and speeds up recovery time between workouts3.

Creatine Monohydrate (2500mg)
Creatine is essential to on-demand ATP generation, producing energy when called upon by the body during times of intense physical stress. Creatine also aids in protein synthesis to help build and repair muscle2. Creatine also reduces mental fatigue.

Beta Alanine (1250mg)
A non-essential amino acid, B-alanine is an indispensable buffer for lactic acid neutralization in muscles, increasing muscle performance in shorter, intense workouts1. It enhances muscular endurance, reduces muscular and mental fatigue, and increases overall muscular work output. It can also aid in lean mass gain.

Taurine (500mg)
Taurine promotes mental focus, decreases anxiety, and supports energy levels. It is an essential antioxidant and improves cardiovascular health by lowering blood cholesterol and fat, and regulating blood pressure. It promotes salt and water balance within the body, and is necessary for optimal muscle function and protein metabolism13.

N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine (250mg)
N-Acetyl-L-tyrosine (NALT) is a modified, more soluble version of L-tyrosine that exhibits increased absorption in the body and brain. NALT directly aids in cognitive processes, stress relief, and mental focus as well as improved energy and mood pre- and post-workout4.

Caffeine Anhydrous (200mg)
Caffeine is a natural stimulant that is the main pre-workout energy-boosting ingredient, while also enhancing mental focus. Caffeine also aids in burning fat by increasing overall metabolism5.

Betaine Anhydrous (20mg)
A component of beetroot, betaine helps improve muscle size and strength by naturally enhancing creatine production. It can also help limit muscular fatigue by depleting lactic acid, and also leads to improved mood through multiple neurological effects6.

Alpha GPC (300mg)
Alpha glycerylphosphorylcholine (GPC) is a natural choline found in the brain that helps improve cognition, focus and mood by generating the neurotransmitter acetylcholine. Studies have also shown Alpha GPC to increase fat burning, power output, and growth hormone generation during exercise, through increased acetylcholine11.

L-Theanine (100mg)
Commonly found in green tea, L-theanine is non-essential amino acid that has been appreciated for its mental and physical calming effects. When combined with caffeine, theanine synergistically supports focus and concentration while increasing feelings of happiness10, and balances potential undesirable effects of caffeine, such as shakiness or jitteriness.

Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract (80mg)
A naturally occurring herb, rhodiola rosea improves cognitive performance and reduces both mental and physical fatigue and exhaustion, preventing the "crash" or "burnout" feeling during prolonged workouts, thereby enhancing endurance12.

Bioperine Black Pepper Fruit Extract (5mg)
BioPerine acts as an absorption enhancer, which helps increase the bioavailability and effects of all ingredients when ingested together

This comes in two flavors fruit punch and blue razz. I was sent the fruit punch. I have had many different tasting fruit punch flavors and this had kind of your normal fruit punch taste to it. It did have a little bit of a chemical taste to it which you notice right away. This was also a little bit on the sweet side maybe just a little more than I wanted. It not a horrible fruit punch taste but nothing real special either.

Mixing was not to bad. What I did not like with this is the heavy amounts of dyes they put in this. When mixed this had a really bright red color to it. Why companies think they have to use lots of dyes I don't know. I don't need my pre to have a fancy color to it and plus they are not good to have and not needed. There were some little pieces you see floating when mixed that would not fully mix up. After you drink this you will see some residue left on the sides of your shaker cup. You get a total of 40 servings and they say to take 1-2 scoops. They do break this down as to what you get with 1 scoop or if you use two. At 1 scoop it is dosed fairly well I think but for me it was a little better at 2 scoops. I decided to stick with two scoops but at times that felt like it was a little to two much and should have cut back at times to 1 1/2 scoops. They say to take this 20-30mins before your workout with 8-10oz of water but I never took it and waited that long to start my workout.

What I look for in a pre-workout is how much caffeine they use and if there are more than one kind of caffeine they use. From what I saw I thought this had a decent amount. If your doing one scoop you will get 200mg of caffeine and 400mg if you do two. For me 200mg is not enough but 400mg can be a little to much at times. I usually like to have between 300-350mg. If your someone that is more sensitive to caffeine then the 200mg might be just the right amount for you. At 400mg it did get me going more and I could really feel it once it started to kick in. I know there were some days this felt a bit stronger than other days and I would start to feel a little on the jittery side. On the days when I would start to feel a little to jittery I did not like how it made me feel. I would have liked to have backed off a bit on the scoop size so I was not getting as much caffeine but then it would have lowered the amounts of other stuff I was getting which I did not like. I do feel that my endurance was better but could have been even more so if I could have kept my breathing down a little more. Because of the caffeine making me feel a little jittery like it caused my breathing to be a little more heavy which I did not like. I still tried to take as little time between sets but because of the heavier breathing I was doing I think caused me to sweat a lot more because I had to work a little harder. I could feel because of the heavier breather a little more muscle fatigue and it made it a little harder to go as quickly between my sets. If you can avoid the jitteriness part this will give you some pretty good energy that will really help keep you going a lot longer. The overall strength part of this I thought was pretty good. At two scoops you get 5g of creatine Monohydrate which is a decent amount. I really like creatine Mono because of the really good strength gains I get from it but the down side is that I start to bloat really bad from it. I really started to notice a lot of bloating in my stomach from this which I did not like. The strength gains from creatine Mono is great but the down side is the bloating you get from it and that is why I don't use creatine mono hardly at all any more and look to other kinds of creatine that are out there that don't cause all the bloating but still gives you some good strength gains.

The pumps from this were so so but could have been a lot better. I have heard that if you get to much caffeine it can hinder your pumps more and I feel that is what happened with this. I know I was getting a decent amount of Citrulline Malate at 6000mg and that should have helped me with my pumps more but I feel it was still lacking a bit. I would like to see them add some agmatine to this to help more with pumps. I think Citrulline Malate is good but need agmatine to go with it to make it even better. I did notice a little more vascularity from this because of the extra veins I was seeing pop in my forearms and a few other areas I don't usually notice them as much. The dosing of beta alanine in this was a little puzzling I thought and should be upped a lot more so it can be a lot more effective. My mental focus I got from this was decent and really helped keep me more in focus on my workouts. Usually when I feel real jittery like I have a harder time concentrating on my workouts because of how I feel but with this I think it helped me to still focus fairly well with my workout and not let the jittery part bother me as much focus wise. For the most part this was pretty good on my stomach and never really caused me any unwanted stomach issues or bathroom issues. Sometimes when I take a pre-workout it can cause me a little bit of unset stomach but not with this which was good.

Right now the only place I could find this was on BR's website. They want $54.99 20/40 servings. Even if you can get by with one scoop and get the full 40 servings that are in this I still think this is to high for me. I know if some other sites can start carrying this it will really help to lower the price a bit and hope some other site do pick this up.

Side Effects

The caffeine amount if you use two scoops can be a little two much but then just back off a bit on your serving amount. The other issue I noticed was a bit of bloating because of the creatine Monohydrate they use in this. These two things that my not affect everyone in the same way but it did for me.

Conclusion

I feel this was a decent pre but nothing that really wowed me in terms of effectiveness. I don't feel this was anything real special or new in the way of pre-workouts but it still worked for me and helped me get the job done. I would really like to see some other sites start carrying this to help lower the price a bit because right now the price they want on their website is just to high for me. If you can get a good deal on this or find it on sale then I would give it a try. Right now the price they want is just to much and not worth what your getting especially if you need to use two scoops. I would probably not use this again unless they changed some things about it and lower the price a bit. Again I want to give a big shout out to Blue Ribbon Nutrition for making this and letting me have the chance to try it and then review it.

Thanks to Dymatize Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 26, 2017

• Increased Performance
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Increased Vascularity
  • You Get What You Pay For
  • Informed Choice Certified
  • Staple Worthy
  • Powder Clumps Up In Tub

First off I want to thank Dymatize for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I had never really used much of their products in the past except their protein a couple of times. When I saw they were coming out with a new pre-workout and then saw the ingredient profile for it I was really impressed and knew I needed to give this a try. I have to say that they really stepped up their game a lot with this product and I hope they do that with any of their new products they release.

First I want to give them big props for...

First I want to give them big props for not using any prop blends and fully disclosing everything they put in this. I would say they have a very complete profile in this with stuff to help you in all areas. This is made up of 9 main ingredients.

Citrulline Malate 8g. This is a pretty good dosage they use.

Beta-Alanine 3.2g You get a full dose of this and this is a saturation ingredient.

Taurine 2g This helps with help with muscle contraction and hydration. Along with caffeine this can help with improved mental focus. A lot of companies will use 500mg but in this you are getting 2g which is a good amount.

Betaine (BetaPower) 1.5g This is used to help improve muscle oxygenation and help reduce liver damage. The dosage is not to bad maybe just a bit low and would like to see it upped to at least 2.5g

Arginine Silicate 1.5 This is a good dosage amount to have. The Arginine in this is bonded to silicate. Pure arginine is not very bioavailable. Arginine on it's own wont do a real lot for you and that is why they bond the arginine with silicate because then it makes it work.

NALT 350mg. This is a form of tyrosine helps with mood and concentration. They do put a good dose of this at 350mg

Caffeine 300mg This is a pretty good amount. I like to around 300-350mg of caffeine

Coconut Water 200mg. This is something I am starting to see a lot more companies use in their products. This helps with hydration.

Theacrine 125mg This is a type of stimulant but not as heavy as regular caffeine. It helps give you a more nice and smooth like energy.

Also in this you get Vitamin C250mg and B12 30mcg. Niacin 30mg, Folate(folic acid) 260mcg and Sodium 10mg

This comes in three flavors Chilled Fruit Fusion, Handspun Cotton Candy, and Sweet Cherry Lime. I was sent the cotton candy. This was only the second time I have had this flavor. I thought this was a lot better tasting then the last product I had in cotton candy. I didn't think this was to bad. Maybe just a little on the sweet side but not to bad though. What this reminded me of was those blow pop suckers that have gum in them. The taste I thought tasted a lot like one of those suckers. I enjoyed this flavor and thought it was good. I think they did a good job at getting that cotton candy flavor. Compared to the last product I had that was cotton candy I think Dymatize did a much better job with this flavor. It was good for awhile but then I started to get kind of tired of drinking it.

Mixing was not to bad for me. There was some slight clumping I notice with the powder but it was not bad for me. The powder itself looked a lot like crystalize sugar. When mixed I noticed there were a lot of little piece floating inside my shaker cup. I would try and shake it up more but that did not help at all. Not sure what caused this but I did noticed that after I would drink this the sides of my shaker cup had a lot of grit on the sides of it. It does have a little label on the lid that says you should shake this before every use because contents may settle. Dosing was pretty simple. I would use just one scoop with 12oz or so of water before my workouts. No real need to go more than one scoop mainly because everything you get in here is dosed pretty well.

I look a lot for in a pre-workout what kind of energy this will this give me. This has 300mg of caffeine in it which I like. I thought this gave me some pretty decent energy. It was more of a clean like energy I got. I never felt all cracked out or jittery which was nice. I did feel I was getting some good increases in my energy which was nice to help keep me going longer especially on days when I was feeling really tired from working all day. My endurance felt a lot more improved and was able to go between sets a lot quicker and had way less muscle fatigue. When I felt I was ready for my next set I was ready to go and my muscle would not give out right away and start to fatigue on me and because of that it allowed me to do that next set right away with a lot less time between sets. I think overall this really helped keep me feeling a lot better so I could keep working out for longer periods of time and still have the energy to do so. Also I felt that my strength gains started to go up some. I felt I was able to push around some heavier weight and do it without as much trouble or get as tired doing it.

The pumps and vascularity I got from this were pretty decent. I think the vascularity part was a lot better for me than the pumps. Even with the pretty large dose of citrulline at 8g I still has a little trouble at times feeling that good pump. I guess for me if I am going to notice pumps more so I have to really be hitting it hard and taking very little time between sets other wise I have a harder time noticing them. I know on days I would work arms and back my veins really started to pop a lot more. At times my forearms started looking like road map like veins which I really liked seeing. I would say the vascularity part of this was really good and very noticeable for me. I know some people said they really had some issues with feeling those beta tingles from the beta alanine they put in here at 3.2g which is a decent amount. For the most part I hardly ever notice beta tingles. What was kind of weird was not long after I would take this but not all the time I would get this big rush like feeling of the beta tingles but it would only last a few seconds and then it would be gone and would not feel them anymore though out my workout. I know on some days when I was really hitting it harder I noticed I would start to sweat a lot so than I normally would. But then on days when I was not hitting it real hard I would not sweat nearly as much. I know from the time I started this I really leaned up a lot more and was able to put on some more muscle mass because I noticed my weight had gone up a little. With me looking more lean like I know the weight I had put on was more muscle mass than just bloating and water weight which is a good thing.

With the coconut water in this I think it really helped me feel a lot more hydrated because I was getting those extra electrolytes in me which was nice. Feeling more hydrated is good because that means a lot less issues with any cramping I may get. I usually don't have much issues with cramps but every once in awhile I do. I felt this was very good on my stomach and never gave me any unwanted stomach issues which was nice. I know I have taken other pre's in the past and have gotten upset stomach from them but not with this.

The standard price I am see this is $39.99 for 20 servings. I think for 20 serving this price is rather high. If this had 30 servings at this same price then it would not be as bad but still not real great. I think they need to up the servings to at least 30 and lower this to no more than $35 at the most.

Side Effects

Nothing I really noticed.

Conclusion

I was very pleased with this product and feel that Dymatize really stepped up there game a lot with this pre-workout. I just hope they keep this up with other new products they come out with. If your looking for a solid and complete pre-workout I would highly recommend giving this a try. My only little issue I have with this is that I would like to see them up this to 30 servings instead of 20 and maybe drop the price a little. This should have all the areas you need covered like energy strength pumps vascularity and intensity. Yes I would be more than happy to give this another try but in one of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to Dymatize for stepping up their game with this and letting me have the chance to try it.

Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  July 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy Dosing
  • Improves Bathroom Regularity
  • Aid
  • Immunity
  • Improves Nutrient Absorption
  • Improves Stool Consistancy

First off I want to thank EvoMuse for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This will be my second time using a probiotic product like this. With this being my second time using a product like this I have a much better idea now what a product like this is and suppose to do for you and I figured I would give it another try. Probiotic are to help you with gut issues, Help you poo more, create good bacteria, and help improve your immune system.

A lot of the ingredients in this I was unfamiliar with and because of tha...

A lot of the ingredients in this I was unfamiliar with and because of that I do not know what the right dosages should be for each ingredient. Also because of this I was not sure if there were any other ingredients that should or could be added to this that would help make it better. I am going to guess that a lot of the stuff in here is dosed fairly well and they have most everything you need ingredient wise. They start off with some Zinc (from 100mg Zinc L-Camosine) 23mg. Now you get what they call their probiotrophic blend 12 billion CFU. You can look below to see in the ingredient profile I posted to see what's all in this blend. Then you get Apple Polyphenois 200mg and finally you get Fructooligosaccharides (FOS prebiotic inulin fiber) 100mg. I did find on their website some interesting stuff I will post. "In this now they say you will get Additional ingredients to bolster mucous membrane barrier function in the intestines preventing pathogenic bacteria from entering the bloodstream as well as apple peel polyphenol extract to greatly reduce inflammation".
    Also I read on their website this contains a specialized force of complementary probiotic strains. helps contribute to optimized nutrient absorption, protection against foodborne/environmental pathogens, prevention of bowel irritation/inflammation, support for a powerful immune system and reduction of GI stress caused by modern diet. Encased in Entericap

This come in capsule form. I did notice there is a little bit of a coding on these capsules you will taste that a little bit if they sit in your month to long before you down them with water or whatever you are drinking with this.

Nothing to mix. They say on the label to start off with 2 capsules for the first 5 days and then 1 capsule a day after that. I decided I would stick with the 2 capsules everyday. I know it says on the label that a serving size is one capsule so you should get the full 75 servings. There are 75 capsules in this and if you take 2 of them everyday you will get 37.5 servings. I think it is better if you stick with the 2 capsules instead of just one per day.

Products like this do a lot of internal stuff that is not always very easy to notice or tell that it is working for you. The main thing this is suppose to help you with is any gut issues you may have. Gut issues are something I don't hardly ever have to deal with but I feel this just helped lesson those issues even more so. This will help you produce good bacteria and help to fight against any bad bacteria you may have. I feel this helped my immune system a little more. Since it is summer time I don't usually have much for issues with my immune system so I can't fully gauge this on how well it might have helped me with that. If it was the winter time when I deal with immune issues a lot more so then I would have been able to tell if this helped a lot more so. I know this helped with my digestion a lot better and because of that you will notice more frequent trips to the bathroom or at least I did with the last probiotic I was taking. With this I did not notice as many frequent trips to the bathroom. I know that when I did use the bathroom it seemed like there was a lot more poo than what I normally have. Because of the more poo I was getting rid of I feel it was helping to improve my nutrient utilization a lot better. On the other probiotic I was on before this made my stool a lot more softer and easier to come out but with this it was not always that much softer and easier to come out. There were times when I was on the other probiotic that very soon after I would take it I would have to head to the bathroom right away but with this I did not always notice that as much. Products like this I don't feel are a must have but I do think they serve a good purpose though. I did notice some good improvements with this but maybe not to the level I was expecting like I did with the last probiotic I was on. If your someone that does not have very frequent bowls movements I feel something like this is worth giving a try. I think for the most part this just helps keep you a little safer/healthier gut wise.

The cheapest I could find this was on dpsnutrition.com for $22.95 for 75 servings. I don't think that is to bad at all if you can get by with the one capsule a day. For me I did 2 everyday and I still feel the value is not to bad.

Side Effects

Nothing I really noticed. The only side you may notice is more trips to the bathroom but other than that nothing that you should be real worried about.

Conclusion

I did enjoy this product and feel it did help me some. I know there were times that I wondered if this was really helping me that much but had to judge it better by my trips to the bathroom. If your someone that has gut or digestive issue I feel this is a product worth giving a try. If you just looking for some better overall health I would add this. I would for sure give a product like this a try again at some point. Again I want to give a big shout out to EvoMuse for making this product and letting me have the chance to give it a try.

Thanks to The Genius Brand for sending it out!
      July 24, 2017

• Effective
    • More Expensive Than Some
    • Possible Stevia Taste
    • Residue At The Bottom Of Shaker Cup

First off I want to thank Genius Brand for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I have used fermented aminos a few times before and have had good results from them. When I saw this show up on the trooper program I had to give it a try. This has been a company I had been looking into trying lately and really like what I was seeing. This for the most part turned out to be a fairly decent product for me but the taste is the real kicker with this product and I will explain what I mean by that.

I want to start off by ...

I want to start off by saying that I really like that they don't use any prop blends in this and disclose everything they put in here. Big props to that. You get 5g of BCAAS at a ratio of 2:1:1. They use what are called InstaAminos meaning they don't use any duck feathers or human hair. These are suppose to be a lot better and safer. I like the added 3g of glutamine which helps with better muscle recovery, immune system and gut issues. This includes rhodiola rosea, a neuroprotective herb known to promote physical/cognitive vitality. They use natural caffeine at 100mg which I really like because it is not as hard on your adrenal glans. You get Taurine at 1g to help with focus and endurance. Citrulline malate 2:1 at 1g which helps with blood flow and pumps. Tyrosine 1g increases awareness and alertness and helps with brain function. You get Citicholine at 250mg which I had never heard of before and found out helps with brain support. I like that they use no artificial flavors, colors or dyes which is great. They do add some stevia which I am not a fan of.

Taste is where this really takes a big kick in the rear for me. This comes in one flavor only power orange. Normally I don't have a real issue with taste but when it comes to aminos I do. The reason I do is because with aminos they are meant to be sipped on not chugged like you would do with a pre-workout. This was not enjoyable at all to drink. This has more of a natural taste to it which can be good and bad at the same time. Being natural can be better for you but then the taste is usually not real good. This reminded me a lot of brushing your teeth and then trying to drink orange juice. It was like there was this really bad chemical taste to it. This for sure will be nothing you will get real excited about wanting to drink each time. If you can get past the taste then it's not as bad a product but just hard to get real excited about having to drink each time.

Mixing was not to bad but there was a lot of residue left over and it was rather foamy I noticed. After the foam settles a bit you will need some extra water to help get the rest of it down. Dosing was pretty simple one scoop is all you really need with 14-20oz of water. You can pretty much take this whenever pre, intra, or post. Just be carefull how soon before bed if you do take this because that can cause a bit of an issue getting to sleep.

Since this has caffeine added to it I decided I would take this in the mornings before I would go to work. If this would not have had the caffeine in it then I would have used it during my workouts like I normally do with aminos. I don't like taking a pre-workout with lots of caffeine in it and then add more to it and that is why I take aminos with caffeine in the mornings instead. Since I don't do coffee this is my replacement for that. The caffeine in this is natural caffeine they use at 100mg. This is not a huge amount of caffeine but was enough to help get me going a bit more in the mornings. I felt this gave me a nice little pick me up and made me feel a little more awake. It was nothing super strong like but enough to help get me going a little more. I do feel this helped me focus a little better and felt more alert also. It was nothing real crazy like for focus but enough to notice it was helping some. They say this is suppose to help you manage stress better but I never really noticed if it helped me that much. I never really had any issues I was dealing with so that might have made a difference as to why I did not notice much.

The muscle and recovery I got from this I thought was decent. Not the best I have gotten but certainly not the worst. I felt this gave me some extra recovery which helped me get going better in the mornings especially if I was feeling a bit more sore that morning. I think by taking these extra aminos in the morning only helped me feel better so I would be more ready for my workout later in the afternoon when I normally workout. With all the lifting I do getting these extra aminos in me is a big plus on the recovery part. I know this really helped limit any DOMs I may have which was really nice. No matter what body part I was working that day I never felt this helped me recover any better than I did on other days. I pretty much felt the same recovery no matter what body part I was working each day.

You can find this on amazon for $33.24 for 21 servings. I think that is a little high for only 21 servings. If they were to up this to 30 then it would not be as bad. I know they do add some extra goodies in this so the price does go up a little more. Do I really need the extra goodies no not really but they are kind of nice to have. I think if they could up this to 30 serving it would make it a lot better value. Why they only have 21 servings in this instead of 30 I don't know. I would like to see some other sites start carrying their products also. So right now this is very limited as to where you can buy it.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed. Not that it was an issue for me but the only thing I see that could cause an issue is the added caffeine in this.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a fairly decent product and enjoyed using it. The biggest down fall they need to work on is taste. Normally taste would not be as big as issue but since you should normally sip on BCAAs instead of chugging them it becomes a bit of an issues. Other than taste I felt this was good and gives you a lot of extra goodies you don't really need but are nice to have. Knowing your Aminos in this are fermented is a big plus for me. Knowing how good they are and are safer only makes this that much better. Two things I would really like to see them improve on is taste and come out with another flavor. Also I would like to see them increase their servings from 21 to 30. Yes I feel this worth checking out and you should get some decent results from this. Again I want to give a big shout out to Genius Brand for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      July 16, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Hydration
    • Improved Recovery
    • Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate
    • Reduced Fatigue

First off I want to thank VMI Sports for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is VMI's new amino product they just released. I have been waiting for them to come out with an amino product and now they have one. As soon as this was released I had to give it a try. I am a really big fan of amino products and always up for trying them. With as much lifting as I do I need all the recovery I can get. After seeing the ingredient profile for this I was pretty excited to give it a try and hoping it would work as good as the profile did.

----In...

For the most part I feel this has a fairly solid ingredient profile to it with a lot of really good things in it. You get 7g of BCAAs with a ratio of 2:1:1. They use InstAminos Instantized for BCAA L-Leucine 3.5g, L-Isoleucine 1.75g, and L-Valine 1.75g. Betaine 1.25g to help with strength and energy. They use 400mg MGG Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate. MGG is something I had never heard of before until now. MGG is a glutamine bound to a magnesium molecule. Glutamine is not enough. Magnesium works synergistically for recovery and muscle repair. This combination can lead to improved repair and preservation of lean muscle tissue. It says on the label they did a study where people consumed 400mg of MGG had an increase in lean body mass (muscle) of 7.04 pounds over an 8 week period. Since I was only on this about 4 weeks I don't really know how well this study would hold true for me. I would need to run two containers back to back to see if this is true for me also. TRAACS for Electrolytes for hydration. The TRAACS in this are made up of three different ingredients. Potassium Glycinate 50mg, Magnesium Glycinate 50mg, and Calcium Glycinate 50mg. Also you get some B6 and B12 vitamins and 50mg of Sodium Chloride. They use no sugars and is Aspartame free.

This comes in three flavors, Tropical Mango, Cherry Lime Italian Ice, and Sweet Ice Tea. I had the cherry Italian ice. I thought this was pretty good. I thought they did a really good job of making this taste just like a cherry flavored Italian ice. When you eat regular Italian ice you notice that the taste of it is not real strong like and that is just how this flavor was also. It had that nice cherry lime flavor to it but was not to strong or too sweet either. I know some people may think this is a little sweet but I did not think so. There is a taste to this that reminded me of eating Italian ice which I really liked. This will be something you will enjoy sipping on during your workouts.

Mixing was no issues at all. Mixed up very nicely and very little on foam. It does have a red color to it when mixed. Dosing is pretty simple with this. I would take this during my workout. That is when I mainly use my aminos. They say to take between 1-2 scoops a day. One scoop for improved endurance and two scoops for maximum recovery. I never really felt there was a real need to do two scoops but you could if you want but I feel you will just go through the product a lot faster.

Some of the key things that I really noticed from this were better recovery, better hydration, better endurance and less muscle fatigue. I notice a big difference in my recovery. I usually spend between 11/2 to 2 hours in the gym each day. Lately I have been upping my sets more and doing a lot more reps than I normally do and because of this product I feel it has really helped me a lot at being able to do that. I figured by changing my workouts up more and doing a few more sets and reps I would feel it more in my body but with this I think it really helped limit my soreness a lot more and my DOMS were a lot less noticeable also. When using this I felt a lot better in my body and felt I could keep going for a lot longer in the gym and not tire out as much. Also my endurance was very much improved. I know when I work back I do a lot of sets with a lot of different bars on the lat pull machine and some days it can be really hard to get through those workouts depending on how heavy I go and plus I do so many sets and reps but with this I felt I was able to go a lot quicker between sets and felt I was ready a lot quicker. This was a big plus for me because some days it can take me a long time to work my back and being able to do everything and to not take me as long is a good thing. On days when I would be feeling really good and was hitting it really hard in the gym to the point of me sweating like crazy this really helped calm my heavy breathing down a lot so I could keep going which was really good and I would not need as much time between sets either.

I felt that when I was drinking this I was always having to fill up my shaker bottle a lot more so than I normally do. Because of all the extra water I was consuming I felt a lot more hydrated which was a good thing for me. I know with all the other supplements I take I need that extra water to help keep my system more flushed out. I know that through out the day and during the evenings I would not need to drink as much water because I was consuming so much during my workouts and because of that I would have to spend a lot more time in the bathroom lol getting rid of all this ewxtra liquid.

I think overall this really helped keep my breathing down a lot more and I felt a lot more calm like. My muscle felt a lot better and had a lot less muscle fatigue. I was able to go longer and still be able to really hit it hard on certain days depending on what I was working that day and how I felt. With the 7g of aminos you are getting your soreness should be really limited with this and it was. Anything extra I can use to help with my recovery is a big plus for me and when I find a product like this that really works well for me is a big plus.

Right now the standard price they want on their website is $34.99 for 30 servings. Since this is a fairly new product not many place have it yet. I was able to find this on a1supplements.com and they want $28.95. For this price I think that is pretty good. I know lately a lot of the prices for aminos have been going up a bit to around $30-$35 range. For the $28.95 price I think is really good. Even at $34.99 the price is not horrible but do not care to really pay more than that for an amino product.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

Overall I was very impressed with this product. I feel this has a lot of really good and effective things in this that will help with your workouts. If you are looking for better recovery, hydration, and endurance this is a must have for that reason a lone. With this being my first time using MGG I was rather impressed with it and feel this looks to be rather promising. I really wish I was able to run this the full 8 weeks to see if this study they did on the MGG really works. So right now I can't for sure say it does or does not work. This is a product I would be more than happy to try again but this time in one of their other flavors. Again I want to give a big shout out to VMI Sports for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      July 12, 2017

• Great Endurance
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Too Sweet
    • Chemical Taste

First off I want to thank Redcon1 for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I had been looking into this product and supplement line for awhile now and have really been thinking about wanting to give their products a try. After seeing some of the reviews posted for this product and seen they were rating this fairly high I figured next time it shows up on trooper program I would for sure have to give it a try. This was for sure a product I was happy I got to try.

First off I want to thank REDcon1 for not using any ...

First off I want to thank REDcon1 for not using any prop blends in this and fully disclosing everything they put in this. This has a lot of really solid ingredients in this and all the ingredients are at clinical dosages for efficacy which I really like a lot. You will get no artificial colors in this product which is good because I am not a fan of dyes at all and plus you don't need them. It's nice that this is a complete pre-workout with a lot of ingredients to help you with endurance, pump, energy and focus elements. It's nice that this is not just a concentrated stimulant based pre-workout but a lot more than that.

Root Beer was one of their newer flavors they just came out with and I thought what the heck I will give it a try. I think this is a limited edition flavor for them because I don't see it listed on their website. Where I heard about this flavor was on stack3d.com website. This is the first time I have ever tried a root beer flavored pre-workout. I always like to try different flavors when companies release them because I get tired of the normal flavors all the time but you do have to be a little careful when doing that because they may sound good but don't always taste as good as they sound when it comes to a pre-workout. When I opened this the powder it had a really strong root beer smell to it which will burn your nose right away if you get your nose to close to it right away. I was like if this tastes as good as it smells this will be pretty good. When you first drink this you notice right away an awful chemical taste that kind of reminded me of a licorice taste to it. After you get past that part then you notice the root beer taste which was not to bad. Then after that you get a kind of weird aftertaste. This was kind of weird because the taste of it seemed to hit you in three different stages. If they could get rid of the really bad chemical taste you notice right away that would really help a lot. The root beer part did not taste to bad but was too sweet for my liking. It had a weird kind of flavor in general to it I thought and was not really sure what they were doing when they made this flavor. I pretty much had to just slam this each time I took this. It was ok to try once but would not get it again.

Mixing was pretty simple. No real issues with it mixing at all. There was some foaming but nothing that was real bad. I do like that they don't put any dyes in this. When mixed this has a real cloudy look to it. Dosing was very simple just one scoop before my workout. Towards the end of the container I started to use a heaping scoop which I found to be a little better when I did that.

I won't say this is one of the best pre-workout for me but it is a pretty decent one and was rather effective for me. One of the biggest things people look for in a pre-workout is what kind of energy will this give you. This has 250mg of caffeine per scoop. That is still a decent amount but for me that is a little on the low side. Reading on Redcon1 website they use 2 aminoisoheptaine, theobromine and alpha-yohimbe so the effects of the lower caffeine levels are magnified. I like to have between 300mg to 350mg. I thought the energy this gave me was decent. Nothing that is going to make you feel all cracked out and jittery. This was more of a clean like energy it gave me which was nice. The energy part I felt lasted me through out most of my workouts which was nice. I would have liked maybe just a little more but I was ok with what they had in here just because I consume a lot of caffeine all ready. The endurance this gave me was pretty good. I felt I could go a lot longer and still felt pretty good after some of my more longer and grueling workouts. With the use of Beta Alanine and Taurine together I feel is what really helped improve my endurance a lot more. I think the endurance part is what shined the most from this product.

Strength on this was ok nothing that was real crazy like. I think it helped me maintain my strength levels more so than anything. This does not have any creatine in it so don't expect to see a real lot for strength gains from this. I would like to see some creatine in this to help more with strength gains but them again I do understand why some people don't want it in their pre-workout. A lot of the time I will just supplement creatine in with my pre-workout if there is none in there and that is what I did. This is more geared towards helping you with your endurance more so than strength.

I thought the focus part of this was decent. Nothing that really wowed me but I could notice it did help me some. They use N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate which is a class of PEAs that helps with mental focus during training and helps you feel good long after your workout is over. I really like that good tunnel vision I can get so I can really zone into my workouts a lot better and be able to get rid of a lot of other distractions I may have. I feel this did help keep my mind more on track so I could better focus on my workouts but after awhile I could feel that part slowly go away but it was still there. I will say that after my workouts I did feel a bit better mentally.

The pumps from this were fairly decent. It does have a good amount of Citrulline Malate at 6g and 1g of Agmatine to help with pumps. Even with this having the high amounts I still at times have a hard time feeling pumps. For me to really notice pumps I have to be doing higher reps and taking a lot less time between sets. I was able to notice them at times but they would only last a short time and then they would go away but would always come back a little bit. It was nothing that once I felt them they would just stay there where I could keep feeling them through out my whole workout. I wish I could have added their pump product Big Noise to this because then I think the pumps would have been really good and a lot more enjoyable for me. I did notice a bit more vascularity from this. My forearms is where I noticed it the most. I was noticing on days when I worked biceps that my veins really popped a lot more in my forearms. My forearms I noticed started to look kind of like those road map like veins.

Most sites that carry this they all want $39.99 for 30 servings. I just found this on amazon and they are selling this for $31.37 which is a pretty good deal for this. The $40 dollar price tag is a little high for me. If they could drop it to no more than $35 I would not have as much of an issue but $40 is a little steep for me.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed

Conclusion

This for me turned out to be a fairly decent pre-workout and would be more than happy to use it again. I found this to be one of the better well rounded pre-workouts and not just loaded with a lot of stims and that's it. I would like to see this upped a little on caffeine and add some creatine in it for strength. Even without that it's still a pretty decent product and will help you a lot in the gym. You can't really go wrong with this product at all since everything they put in here is really good stuff and dosed at good clinical dosages. I would say that this is more than worth giving a try. Regardless of the type of lifter you are I am pretty sure you will benefit from this in some way. Again I want to give a big shout out to Redcon1 for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
      July 11, 2017

• Increased Recovery
    • Whole Food Sources
    • Convenient
    • Taste Great

First off I want to thank Redcon1 for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. This is only the second time I have been able to try a product like this and really like this kind of product. It's great being able to get an all in one product like this instead of having to buy everything separately which would cost you a lot more.

If you have used Meal replacement products before you will notice just like in this product that the content of ingredients is a lot higher than what you would get in a regular protein shake. I really like that this is not whey protein you are getting in this. You get a lot of really good whole foods they put in this and I find that those are some of the best ways to get your protein and other nutrients from instead of regular whey. In each 4 scoops (which is one serving size) you get 525 calories, 75g of carbohydrates, 4g of fat, 5g of sugar, and 47g of protein. I feel that is a good amount to get for a meal replacement. I really like what all they put in here for whole foods rolled oats, beef, salmon, chicken, brown rice, egg albumin, peas, dehydrated yam, dehydrated sweet potato, dehydrated coconut water, dehydrated goji, and dehydrated blueberry. There is also MCT oil for some inclusion of good fats. A lot of these whole foods I don't consume very often and it's nice to have them in here so I can get them. I think overall this has a very good profile because you get a lot of really good stuff in this.

This comes in two flavors blueberry cobbler and sweet potato pie. I requested the blueberry cobbler and that was the flavor I got. I really enjoyed this a lot. It has a nice smooth blueberry cobbler taste to it. In ways this kind of reminded me of eating blueberry flavored oatmeal. You will really notice the oats in this when you drink it. After I would drink this I had to drink a little bit of water to get rid of the little pieces of oats left in my mouth. This was something I really enjoyed and looked forward to drinking it each time. I did notice a little that if you add to much water it does make it taste just a little more watered down like.

Mixing was not to bad. If you let it settle a bit you will get a little bit of grit on the bottom and you need to keep shaking this up each time you drink it. It does mix a little on the thick side but not to bad. I thought it was just right for my liking. I did notice that if you use to much water it does become a little bit watery which I was kind of surprised it did that especially if you are using 4 scoops. I would suggest maybe using a little less water than to much. I would say you would have to try it out first to see what you think is the right amount of water you should use.

You get a total of 25 servings in this if you are doing the 4 full scoops they recommend. To get a full meal out of this you need the 4 scoops. For me I did not want that much stuff in me and would do 3 scoops normally in the mornings at work during my first break. A few times if I knew I would not be eating any kind of regular meal for awhile then I would do the 4 scoops.

I found this product to be very effective for me. I would normally take this in the mornings at work during my first break. I am someone who has a hard time wanting to eat anything in the mornings just because of how my stomach usually feels. I know eating a decent breakfast is important but for me it's not always easy to do. By having this product I figured I would take it in the mornings since I don't usually eat very much for breakfast. In the mornings I would usually do just 3 scoops instead of 4 just because I did not want to take in the full amounts of everything you get in this at once. If I knew it was going to be a really long time before my next meal then I would do the full 4 scoops.

I found this to be very good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted digestive issues at all. Never really noticed to much in the way of bloating which was nice. I feel this really helped me a lot more with my recovery. I felt a lot less soreness and my DOMS were hardly noticeable. Since I started taking this I was able to put on a little more weight and a little more size in my muscles. I think this helped me gain more strength on my lifts. I felt like my lifts went better and was able to push around some heavier weight than I normal would which was nice. Also I felt my energy levels were a lot better mainly because of the extra carbs which helped get more glycogen in me so I would not become so depleted as quickly. My overall drive and endurance during my workouts felt way better.

Having this was really good for me just because at times I have a hard time wanting to eat the amounts of food I would like so I can put on more size and muscle. If you have a hard time getting the amounts of food you want to consume this is really good at helping you do that or if you are someone that wants to go above what you normally eat to help you gain more size this is great for that and a lot easier to consume than trying to eat all that extra food. I will say that if you are someone that is needing to watch your macro intake you may need to back off on the full 4 scoops and maybe just do 2 or 3 scoops or you could even split up the servings through out the day instead which is not a bad idea. A lot of these foods they put in this I hardly ever consume and by having them in here was really good so I could finally start consuming them. I know a lot of the stuff they put in here is really good for you and should be consuming a lot more often.

Pretty much the standard price for this is $80. At first this may seem rather expensive which it still is a little but you have to take into consideration what all is in this. If you were to buy everything that is in this separately it would cost you a lot more. I feel the price is fairly decent for what all you get in this but could be a little lower. Any kind of deal you could find on this would be a big plus.

Side Effects

No side effects at all when taking this.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a great product and very effective for me. For a meal replacement product I think this is great to have and really fuels your body with a lot of really good nutrienets and whole foods. Not only does it taste really good but you are able to consume a lot of whole foods you maybe don't consume at all or not nearly enough of. If you have a hard time getting in that extra meal or want to add an extra meal this is a very simple and easy way to do it instead of having to try and eat your food. I would highly recommend this product to most anyone. If you are a hard gainer I would recommend this for sure. I am really going to miss having this product because of how simple it was to consume all of these foods instead of having to try and eat all of them. I would say if you can find any kind of deal on this for sure take advantage of that. I would really like to try their sweet potato pie flavor next. If at some point I find a good deal on this I may just have to give that a try but right now it is a little hard to want to fork out $80 right now. Again I want to give a big shout out to Redcon1 for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

Thanks to CSA Nutrition for sending it out!
        June 27, 2017

• Clean Energy
      • Increased Muscular Integrity
      • Increased Strength
      • Better Recovery
      • Bit Too Expensive
      • Excessive Water Weight
      • Full Pilot Study Not Available

First off I want to thank CSA Nutrition for letting us troopers have the chance to give this product a try. I had been wanting to get back on creatine again and when I first saw this show up on the trooper program I passed on wanting to try it because I was not to sure about it. When the reviews started showing up for this and saw that they were pretty good reviews and were giving this product some high ratings I decided to give it a try next time it showed up on trooper program and it did. I was not to sure what to think of this since it was straight up creatine monohydrate. I like creatine mono because it does give me some good strength gains but the down side is I usually get really bloated from it. This is why I was a little unsure of wanting to try this but I decided to try it anyways.

I was sent the pill form instead of powder. I think I was the only person so far on all the reviews on here to have been sent the pills instead of the powder. You get in each serving which is two tablets 2250mg. This has a mix of beta alanine and creatine Monohydrate. They bond and buffer these two ingredients together to increase the absorbability and bioavailablity. When creatine is not buffered it can turn into creatinine faster which you don't want. There is no banned substances in this which is nice. With this being a single ingredient product there is not much else to really say about it.

No taste. I had the capsules instead of the powder.
      Nothing to mix.
      Dosing= It says on the label if your under 200lbs to take 4 capsules daily and if your over 200lbs to take 6 capsules daily. Since I am just under 200lbs I would take two capsules in the morning and two later in the day right before my workout.

The biggest thing I was looking to get from this was some good strength gains and be able to put some more size on and get my weight up a little. I usually respond really well to creatine mono and able to get a lot of good strength gains from it. With this my strength gains I thought were minimal. I did notice some strength gains but not what I am use to getting when I have used creatine mono in the past. I know my weight did go up a bit from this which I liked but I feel that a lot of this was mostly from water weight. The reason I say that is because I did notice a bit of bloating in my stomach. It was not as bad as I figured it would be which I am ok with. When I have used creatine mono in the past I usually get a lot of bloating from it but it was not as bad with this product. The really bad bloating I usually get from creatine mono is a big part as to why I don't use it as much even thought I get a lot of good strength gains from it. I guess that's the price to pay for the strength gains. Thankfully this was not as bad bloating wise.

The part that really stood out the most for me was my endurance and how much it was greatly improved. I felt like I needed a lot less time between sets and could go a lot quicker between them. Also I was able to do more higher reps and not get as tired doing them. I could really tell a big different in how much quicker I would recovery between sets. My overall workouts seemed to last a lot longer because of how good I was feeling. I felt I could keep going a lot longer and not get as tired and at the end of my workouts I still felt like I had something left in me to keep going if I needed to. I feel like this really helped give me some good energy and made me feel a lot better while I did my workouts. I know my recovery seemed to be a lot better also.

Right now on their website is the only place you can get this and they want for the pills (which I was sent) is $29.99 for 120 count bottle. If your taking 4 capsules it will last you 30 days and if you need 6 it will last you 20 days. For a month supply it is slightly on the high side but not horrible. If you need 6 capsules then I feel the price is a little to high for me. I would like to see some other sites start carrying this and maybe that could help lower the price a little more.

Side Effects

Nothing to much maybe just a bit of bloating and that's about it.

Conclusion

Overall I thought this was a fairly decent creatine product. The strength gains were decent but I would have liked just a little bit more in the way of strength gains. If the strength gains would have been as good as my endurance was this could have been one of the best creatine product I have used. I do like that it did not cause me to bloat as badly as I have when I have used other creatine mono products. If your looking to really improve your endurance this product for sure will really help you with that. The way my workouts improved endurance wise was amazing . I would for sure recommend giving this a try if your in the need of a good creatine Mono product. The plus to this is that you get some beta alanine in this also. I would like to see a few more places start carrying this and maybe that would help get the price down a little. Again I want to give a big shout out to CSA Nutrition for making this product and letting me have the chance to try it.

June 8, 2017

• Good Profile
      • Unique Flavors
      • Can Be Mixed With A Spoon
      • Reduction Of DOMS
      • Slightly Expensive

First off I want to thank Vaxxen Labs for sending me this to try even though I did not claim it off the trooper program. I had claimed their pre-workout Fulcrum off the trooper program and they were nice enough to send me this protein also. I was really excited to give this a try once I saw the flavor they had sent me blueberry muffin. I am really big on trying new proteins and especially if they have more unique flavors.

The ingredient profile for this is pretty straight forward and simple. I like that they don't add a bunch of extra fillers and other junk you don't need or want. The is low in calories 125, 1.5g of fat, 3g of carbs, 2g sugar and 24g of protein. In this you get a blend of whey concentrate, and whey isolate. This is a bit heavier on the whey concentrate than the whey Isolate. With this being heavier on concentrate it can cause some GI issues but with this I did not noticed any real gut issues. On their website it says this is not lactose free but they add lactose, the digestive enzyme to insure smooth-digestion. This product also uses natural and artificial flavors and contains ace-K and sucralose.

This comes in two flavors Birthday Cake and Blueberry Muffin. I was sent the Blueberry Muffin. I was pretty excited to try this flavor once I saw this was the flavor they sent me. This has been a flavor I have wanted to try for awhile now and was glad this was the flavor they sent me. I am sure the Birthday Cake is pretty good also and would love to try that flavor at some point. I noticed right away when you take the lid off you get a really strong smell of the blueberry muffin powder. This reminded me a lot of the blueberry mix you use when you make blueberry muffins. Even when I had just the powder in my shaker cup before adding water to it, it still had that strong smell to it and had a couple of guys I workout with say they could really smell it when they were close by me. I thought it had a nice light blueberry muffin taste to it. There was no weird chalky or chemical taste to it. This was something I really enjoyed drinking each time I used this. It had a nice rich and creamy smooth taste to it. This should be nothing you will have any trouble wanting to drink. The only little issue I did have and it was nothing to serious was that after drinking this it did kind of dry my mouth out a little and left a little bit of that cottony month like taste. I am glad to see them branch out a little and go with some other unique flavors rather than your normal chocolate and vanilla which are still good flavors but get boring after awhile.

This mixed up very nicely. The powder in this is very fine like. It had a nice rich and creamy smooth like texture to it when mixed. There was no left over chunks or anything that would stick to the bottom of your shaker cup. Always mixed up very nicely each and every time. I only use this as my post workout protein. I would do just one scoop each time. This could very easily be taken other times besides just post workout but that is when I preferred to take it. I could very easily see this being used when you are baking. I would love to try this flavor in with real blueberry muffin mix. I think this would really enhance the flavor of the blueberry muffins a lot more.

I found this be a fairly decent protein powder for me. I feel it did everything I look for in a protein. This was very good on my stomach and never caused me any unwanted digestive or stomach issues. I do feel it helped take away a little bit of my appetite after I would take this which was nice if I knew I was not going to be able to eat any regular food for awhile after my workout. I never really noticed any unwanted bloating in my stomach from this. I think my overall recovery was very much improved. I know I felt a lot better after using this and would not feel as sore. I know my DOMs were a lot less noticeable which was nice. I figured with some of my harder more intense workouts I would be a lot more sore but that did not happen. I did still feel a little bit of soreness but it was way less than I normally get. Also I feel this helped me pack on a little more muscle mass and helped me more on my lifts because I was starting to lift a little heavier than I normally do and not hurt so much doing it and do it with a little more ease. This is a great product and is very easy for you to use to help you get your daily intake of protein if you are lacking on your daily protein intake. You get a nice 24g per serving and is at about the right amount you should get per serving. I like to get around 25g and 30g at max per serving. I think for the most part you will be really pleased with how well this will work for you.

Right now Vaxxen Labs and Amazon are the only two places you can get this. Both of them want $36.99 for 28 servings. Maybe just a little high on price but for protein prices this is kind of the norm for them to be a little on the high side. I am not going to knock them to much for price because you are getting some good high quality protein. I would like to see them come out with a larger size tub so it will last you longer especially if your doing more than one scoop per day.

Side Effects

Nothing I noticed.

Conclusion

I really liked this protein powder a lot and found it to be very effective for me. I think they did a good job at making this protein powder and having it tasted good. Like I said above having these more unique flavors is nice to see and it's a plus that they taste good also. I know a lot of other companies have tried to make these flavors and don't always do a very good job at making them taste good. If your lacking in your daily protein intake I feel this a great product to help you with that. In general if you want to feel better and have your workouts go better for you I would highly recommend you give this a try. I know this would be a protein I would for sure use again. I would like to see them come out with a bigger size say like 5lb tub because if your taking more than one serving per day you will really go through this a lot faster. Again I want to give a big shout out to Vaxxen Labs for making this product and being so nice and sending me this also to try even though I did not claim it when it was on the trooper program and because of that I knew I had to do a review for this.