wjmathewsx

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online this week

Reviews by wjmathewsx

Thanks to Wheyd for sending it out!
  January 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Convenient Packets
  • GMO-Free
  • Grass Fed Cows
  • Too Expensive For US Buyers
Good afternoon folks. Today I'm here to review a product from across the pond. Until I received this product via the sr.com TROOP program I had never had a supplement from overseas. When I saw a chance to try it I thought it would be a unique chance to try something that my fellow international gym rats may already be aware of. I, also liked the idea of using individual packets instead of a scooper. This made it easier to know exactly what I was getting.

The ingredient profile on the back of the satchet was difficult to read. It took me a minute to figure it out. Once I did I realized you got 20g's of protein in every packet. What's even better is you only get .6 carbs. I like that because I don't like a lot of carbs in my protein powders unless I am drinking one for recovery. It also carries calcium, potassium, salt, fiber, and sugar. It even contains an amino profile that shows you what amino's you are getting and how much. Fully disclosed label is awesome to me. Big plus!!The protein source in this product is hydrolysed whey protein isolate from Irish grass fed cows. Hydrolysed whey isolate is supposed to digest more quickly.

Taste- I was sent strawberries and cream and chocolate to try. It had been a long time since I had strawberry and I forgot how good it can taste. Both the chocolate and strawberry tasted as I expected.

Mixability- Both flavors seem to mix well. Didn't notice any grittiness, frothiness, or clumping.

Dosing- I always drank one in the morning. It was quick and convenient.

Like I have stated in previous reviews, I have a hard time judging protein powders. I usually judge them on their profile, taste, mixing and price. If I notice an increase in DOMs while taking it I will note that as well. I didn't notice any difference in the DOMS I had after some of my harder workouts so that's good to me. I didn't notice any issues with my training regiment either. I kept the same strength and endurance as before I took it. I didn't notice any decrease in soreness after playing any basketball though either. I thought that wouldn't be the case with the amino's it has in it but it was.

For the individual who is in a serious cut regiment right now this product might benefit you. Having a satchet to just dump into your shaker gives you the exact amount you are looking for. No guessing on how much you might have gone under/over on the protein with a scooper. If you are the kind that weighs your protein then this takes the weighing out of it for you because the label tells you that you are getting 24g's.

Value is a little tricky. It's from overseas so you have to figure in international shipping. It would seem this would make it out of your price range unless you live over in the UK where you don't have to pay the shipping costs. Looks like you can buy as little as one for $2 or as many as 15 satchets for $1.66 each. Combine that with shipping to the Us though, and you're looking at quite a bit more than you would pay for a 2lb tub here in the US. In the end it's your decision, but I couldn't justify paying that.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any

Conclusion

In conclusion, let me say thanks to SR.com and Whey'd for providing this product for us folks here in the states to try. It did not disappoint. If stores in the US ever start carrying it I will probably pick up a few satchets. Otherwise, the cost of shipping will keep me from being able to spend that kind of money on a protein powder. I love the individual satchets. The taste was good and the ingredient profile couldn't be beat. You guys keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing what other supplements you put out there. Thanks.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  January 9, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • High-Quality Blend
  • FDA Inspected
  • Disclosed
  • Non-GMO
  • High Protein Per Serving
  • No Added Anything
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Repairs Muscle
  • A Bit Expensive
Good afternoon folks. I'm here to review Muscle Matrix protein by NutraBio. When I saw this product come open I was pleased because I am usually not disappointed by any of the products that NutraBio puts out. They have really become one of my favorite brands in the supplement industry. I was in the process of trying to get stronger do this product helped me keep feeding my system before, during, and after my workouts.

.5 g's of fat. 25 g's of Protein, and only ONE carb. That's the type of profile I like seeing in my protein powder. The proteins you get are Whey Isolate protein along with Micellar Casein. That's slow as well as fast digesting proteins. This is good enough to get some protein in your system immediately after a workout as well as continuing to have protein in your system in the slow digesting Micellar Casein. They add some phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, sodium, and potassium as well.

Taste- I received the Alpine Vanilla flavor even though I asked for anything BESIDES vanilla. Lol. I didn't mind it though. It actually tasted a little better than other vanilla proteins I have had in the past.

Mixability- Mixes just fine. Doesn't have any clumping, grittiness, or anything else I have come to dislike in other protein powders.

Dosing- I took a scoop in the mornings, and after my workouts.

Protein powders are very hard to judge in effectiveness. All I want in a protein powder is for it to help reduce my DOMS and help keep me fuller after drinking it. Muscle Matrix did both. I didn't have any issues with DOMS while drinking about 50g's of this a day. Combine that with the other 150g's I was eating each day and I was pretty good at recovering from these hard workouts. Another thing I noticed was that my strength, endurance and training sessions didn't seem to be effective as well. I will say that normally the day after playing basketball I am pretty sore and drained, but I did notice that I seem to recover a lot faster while drinking this afterwards than I normally would.

This is my only complaint on the product. I found it for a cheap as $39.99 for 28 servings. That's a little more than I want to spend on a protein supplement. If I had some extra money to burn I would probably pick it up though. However, considering my normal stack, I couldn't justify spending the extra $10 or so for this product compared to my normal Whey protein. Most of the time I can justify the price with a product from NutraBio. However, I can't do it with this one.

Side Effects

I did enjoy the fact that I didn't experience any bloating or gassiness. No stomach issues at all, in fact.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would definitely suggest this to some of my gym friends. In fact, we often talk about what supplements we are currently taking and I often mention NutraBio products. I've got several friends who have started using their products regularly. I like the ingredient profile. The taste was better than I thought it would be. I would just look at trying to pick up Muscle Matrix on sale somewhere rather than play full price. I would like to thank NutraBio and SR.com for this opportunity. You guys do way more for us than you should. Thanks.

Overall
Thanks to NTel Nutra for sending it out!
  December 19, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Focus
  • Great Stimulant Profile
  • Highly Increased Energy
  • Increased Sweating
  • Increased Sweating
Good afternoon folks. I'm here today to review an EXCEPTIONAL Preworkout by AREZ called God of the Gym. I started taking this preworkout after just getting off another one that I was ok with. I thought I would see if I could tell the difference. Man, could I!! I love the energy and focus most preworkouts give you anyway but I wasn't ready for what God of the Gym was bringing to the table. I've been on a steady bulk for a couple of months now and I feel like a preworkout is a must with early workouts.

I'm digging the fully disclosed label! That alone gets you a...

I'm digging the fully disclosed label! That alone gets you a few extra bonus points with me. Knowing how much of what ingredient I am putting into my body is something I always want to know. I will hit a few of the ingredients that caught my eye and attach the ingredient label below for your viewing pleasure.

HydroMax (125mg)- HydroMax is the a concentrated-65 percent-yet stable form of powdered glycerol offering hydration in a proprietary blend of glycerol and silica. It is easily absorbed and distributed throughout the intracellular space, increasing the concentration of fluid in the blood and tissues. This brings possible benefits for endurance and stamina events, such as adaption to the environmental stress and promoting blood flow associated with resistance training. It's also been shown to help athletes store extra water for the purpose of rehydrating after intense exercise.

DMHA (125mg)- AKA dimethylhexylamine also commonly known as octridine, is a psychoactive stimulant of the central nervous system. It also goes by some other names such as 2-aminoisoheptane. The natural version of DMHA is more costly to produce than the synthetic form. However, the natural version is thought to be more potent in its mechanism of action than the synthetic version. It's supposed to aid in weight loss, by reducing appetite. DMHA also claims to elevate your mood, improve your memory (which I need a lot of help with according to my wife), and provides nasal decongestion.

Noopept (12mg)- The common name given to the compound with chemical name N-phenylacetyl-L-prolylglycine ethyl ester. It has been found improve memory, learning capacity, focus, and concentration. Most people turn to Noopept because they are hoping to increase their brainpower and experience cognitive enhancement. Mental energy is also improved. This can be compared to lifting a type of brain fog. Everything will become more clear and require less thought when supplementing with Noopept. Attention span is improved along with greater concentration and focus. This must be where I got my intense focus. It was crazy. Had me locked and loaded shortly after drinking it.

Hordenine HCL(10mg)- Hordenine is known to give people intense energy rushes and greater levels of cognitive energy. Another stimulant that helped me get through some difficult workouts.

350mg's of caffeine... BE WARNED!!

I received the "Sets on the Beach" flavor. Reminded me more of a peach flavor. Tasty nonetheless. I drank it in a "shot form" so it was always nice and tasty. If you use to much water and get the watered down version it probably wont taste that good.

I didn't experience any issues with mixing. I even through in some creatine from time to time and it still didn't have any issues.

20-30 minutes before you start lifting and you should be good. Be prepared for the effects to last for a few hours after your workout. Not sure I recommend this within about 6 hours of bedtime. Just saying.... you've been warned.

Is it effective?? ABSOLUTELY!! I would usually take it in the morning before workouts and could fill it all morning long it would seem. I took it a few times in the afternoon/evening on the weekends when I knew I would be up late and it still gave me energy I felt for long after my workout. I loved the pump, energy, and focus that I got while in the gym. On an empty stomach you get some CRAZY jitters so I don't recommend that. Otherwise, be prepared to see some serious improvements in your gym game thanks to this supplement alone.

$40 is about what you get it for. For the crazy amount of stims and other ingredients that are in it I think it's well worth it.

Side Effects

It can cause some serious bathroom issues if you take it on an empty stomach. Also, you may notice some extra sweating.... stay hydrated

Conclusion

In the end, I LOVED IT! It gave me great energy, focus, and motivation to hit the weights hard. Even when I didn't have the greatest nights sleep or had other things on my mind. God of the Gym can make you feel that way. Everything I needed in a preworkout and more. Definitely going to have to try some of their other flavors. Thanks to sr.com and AREZ for helping me out. You guys rock!

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 7, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps With Recovery
  • Increases Hydration
  • Reduces Doms
  • Rehydrates
  • A Little Expensive
Good morning SR.com folks. I was given the pleasure of trying another great product from NutraBio. Those guys really know how to make supplements. I still haven't had a bad product from them. I am big on intra-workout drinks to sip on during the workouts/basketball games I participate in. I am a believer that they help you during the strenuous workouts you put your body through as well as helping you recover afterwards. This didn't disappoint at all.

FULLY DISCLOSED!!! If you have read any of my previous reviews you know I'm a fan of a fully disclosed ingredient label. It just makes it easier to believe the company isn't trying to pull a fast one on us health nuts.

BCAA drinks, to me are supposed to carry between 5-10g's of BCAA's per serving. At least, that is my opinion. I like to have closer to 10g's a couple of times a day. NutraBio has 7.2g's of BCAA's in each serving. That's right in the middle of what I think a solid BCAA product should have. Kudos for that. If you combine that with a few other ingredients such as Glutamine (5g's), and some hydration support you can begin to see why I like this so much.

I had the Sweet Tea flavor. It was actually tasty to me. I'm not a huge tea drinker but I enjoyed sipping this. To me, I'd rather have the Tea flavor then half the fruity flavors available. It even had a little lemon flavor to it. The mixability was a little different. When I drink a beer I don't like it to have a lot of "head". Same goes for my BCAA drinks. Unfortunately, this did have a lot of "head". That's the only way I could compare it. Good news is the powder does full dissolve so you don't have to worry about clumping or grittiness. I would usually mix 1 scoop with about 20oz of water and sip. Sometimes I would drink one in the morning and one with the afternoon workout.

BCAA products are always hard to judge. Best way I have learned is to go how you feel the day or two after a workout with the DOMS you experience. I always seem to experience less when I have had an ample amount of BCAA's the day or two before. When I don't use a product for a while I can definitely tell that the DOMS comes on quicker and stays longer. IntraBlast did what I was expecting in this category. It reduced the DOMS I experienced because it gave me the right dosage I think, for my body to not be as sore.

If you want this product you will definitely pay a little more for it. I found it for $39.99 on most sites I went to. That's more than I usually want to pay for a BCAA product. However, when a product offers me 7.2g's of BCAA's and tastes as good as this one did I am ok with paying just a little more. If you can find a special on this you should DEFINITELY pick it up.

Side Effects

Conclusion

In conclusion, let me reiterate that I thoroughly enjoyed trying Intrablast by NutraBio. I didn't expect the sweet tea flavor to taste as good to me as it did. I always appreciate a fully disclosed label, and reduced DOMS. If there was a way to fix the foaming issue then I'm sure they would've, but that is to be expected with most BCAA drinks. Overall, it's a solid BCAA product that can help you in several ways. Like I said above, if you could find it on special you should grab you some. It's not that expensive, but I feel it could be cheaper. Lastly, thanks to NutraBio for sending it out and thanks to SR.com for running such a solid program. Take care!

November 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Decreased DOMS
  • Retains Muscle Mass
  • Carbohydrate Pump
  • Versatile
  • Could Use Higher BCAA Dosing
Ladies and gents... Over the past few years I have put my body through some tough and grueling workouts. Nowadays I have learned to appreciate a good recovery product. I try to keep it as a staple in my supplement cabinet and when I get a chance to try a new one I never pass it up. Thanks to SR.com and Outbreak Nutrition for teaming up to provide guys like me the opportunity to try a product. This one was FANTASTIC!

I have attached a label to this review that will show you all the individual ingredients that go into making Antidote a wonderful recovery product. I will hit on one that I found to be key. Thanks to Outbreak for not doing a prop blend. That makes it so much easier to tell how good/bad a product is.

Dextrose- I like dextrose. If you are trying to stay in a caloric deficit or in a ketosis state then this product might be hard on you. However, one scoop, post workout won't hurt. Just keep in mind with the rest of your nutrition throughout the day. You want that simple carb to flush spike your insulin after a hard workout so that your body can make the most of the nutrients you put into it. I used 2 scoops since I'm not worried about the carbs at this point. After the first of the year it would be a different story.

5g's of BCAA's isn't bad for a recovery product. I have seen more and I have seen less. I also supplement BCAA's during the workout so I feel I am getting plenty anyways. I like the EAA's as well (Essential Amino Acids) since I tried them a few years ago. They seem to boost my recovery time when I use products that have them in it. Actigin is another ingredient I have come to look for in several products. I like the fact that it helps replenish glycogen levels and help with recovery.

Taste- I received the Strawberry Margarita flavor and I must say.... It was YUM-O! It's one of the best tasting supplement drinks I have ever had. Honestly, I could drink the stuff all day... Maybe it was the Dextrose... I don't know. However, it was really good.

Mixability- I started with one scoop for a while and mixed it with roughly 8oz of cold water. After awhile I moved to two scoops with 16oz of water because the taste was too good. Either way it seemed to mix just fine. No grittiness, no frothiness, and no other issues for that matter.

Dosing- The label calls for 1-2 scoops with 8-16oz of water. Like I said below I went with that for a while. However, I found my recovery to be better/faster with two scoops.

Like I said above I have used recovery products for awhile now because I need them. I HATE soreness... Someone once told me that if you aren't hurting you aren't growing. With products like Antidote I still feel the soreness, but not as bad. When I run out of a recovery product that works I can tell almost immediately after a workout. It's like my body is so used to the ingredients I put in it after a workout that it doesn't know what to do when it doesn't get them. With Antidote I was still sore, but not nearly as bad as I have been the last couple of weeks since I finished using it. I have been waiting on Cyber Monday to reload and I have totally been able to tell the difference in soreness/recovery time.

I could only seem to find this product on Outbreak's website. It runs approximately $45. This could be considered expensive but it is 60 servings so if one scoop does the trick to lessen the soreness then that's 60 workouts for you. If you workout 5 days a week that's still a 3 month supply for $45. Legit if you ask me.

Side Effects

No side effects that I noticed.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I think Antidote could be a solid recovery drink for most folks. It's a simple, but effective ingredient profile that seemed to work for me. I can see myself using it again in the future. I used it after workouts, basketball games, and even sprints... It helped. Once again, I'd like to say thanks to both SR.com and Outbreak Nutrition. You guys are GREAT!

Overall
Thanks to HighT for sending it out!
  November 21, 2017

• Good Focus
  • Enhanced Libido
  • No Moodiness
  • Prop Blend
Hey, hey folks. I'm writing today to review a product I received from the folks at High T through the sr.com TROOP program. I haven't taken a test booster in a few years, so when I saw an opportunity to review one I jumped on it. I haven't ever had my testosterone checked. Maybe I should?? I'm 36 and fell as if it is probably normal, but you can never tell unless you get it checked. I wanted to try this because it also says it provides energy and focus.

HighT lists a few individual ingredients such as Vitamins E,B6,B12 and Zinc in the top part of their label but then go on to list 3 different "prop" blends. This always leaves me a little uneasy when a company does this. Mostly, because I can't know exactly how much of something is going into my body. I'm kind of a stickler for these things. You can look at the label I attached below to see how much of the individual ingredients listed are in these pills. I'm going to tell you some things I found interesting on some of the other ingredients I read up on...

Razberi-K (200mg)- Simply put Razberi-K is raspberry ketones. Also known as 4-(4-hydroxyphenyl) butan-2-one, is a ketone unique to raspberries. It is supposed to support fat reduction. I know many people who take raspberry ketones. I don't, and probably won't ever but I know a few that do. Razberi-K
is very similar in structure to two compounds known to induce fat reduction, capsaicin and synephrine.

Testofen- Testofen has been clinically tested and found to be effective and safe. It helps the body boost free testosterone levels. It helps to enhance libido and the desire to have sexual intercourse. Helps to build up lean body muscles. Helps bring about energy and stamina. Lessens recovery times during exercises or during sexual intercourse. It seems to me that every test booster might want to consider putting this ingredient in it.

Eurycoma Longifolia Extract 4:1- Eurycoma Longifolia is actually a plant. Believe it or not, Malaysian men believe that tea made from this plant improves their sexual abilities and virility. Because of this the plant is considered a "protected species". They say it helps with infertility as well so why wouldn't you put it in a test booster :)

There's also a NO Booster prop blend in it. It consists of Citruline Maleate, AAKG and Beta Alanine. If you aren't familiar with Beta Alanine, then that would explain why you might feel the "skin tingles" 30 minutes or so after you take it. I do wish I knew how much of each NO Booster was in it. If that were the case I might not need a preworkout while taking this.

There is 200mg's of caffeine in each serving as well so be careful as to when you take this. I wouldn't take it within 4-5 hours of bedtime.

Taste- There is no taste because they come in pill form. The smell of the bottle when you open it can jump up and bite you but there is no taste.

Mixability- You don't mix it because they are pills.

Dosing- It asks you to take 4 pills per day. Some days I would take 2 in the morning and 2 again in the afternoon but most days I would just take 4 pills first thing in the morning.

Like I said, I tried different dosing techniques with this. With 4 pills at once, first thing in the morning I noticed good, solid energy with some real focus when I got to work. While taking two in the morning and two again in the afternoon I didn't feel as much. Now, the product does want you to take it for 8 weeks and I only got four out of it because of the dosing (120/4 pills a day) but I did notice small gains in the gym along with a reduction in body fat. I was able to maintain my body weight, but noticed I dropped 1.5% bf during that time without changing my diet/exercise program so that was a nice surprise. I can say that the wife noticed the bedroom change too. She even mentioned it a few times. She wasn't complaining but asked about the pills and what they were for. One thing I can say about this that doesn't compare to the best test boosters I have taken is I didn't appear to be as "tight" as I have been with previous test boosters. There's just something different about the others that I couldn't get with this one. Not a bad thing, but not a good thing either.

$0 for a month supply isn't bad for this considering all the ingredients that are put into it. When I spend $20 on another test booster I am simply getting the test boosting ingredient only. I'm not getting all the other stuff that HighT put into this product. I don't get the caffeine, NO Booster, or some of the others. That makes HighT worth it to me. Especially if you are looking for more than just a test booster.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I liked it. HighT has a solid test booster that gives you more than just a boosting of your testosterone. It can promote fat loss, give you solid energy, and recovery time from those hard workouts. I would recommend this to someone if they were looking to try one. Great job High on this one. Had you listed all the ingredients individually I might have given you 9+ across the board. Good job anyway. Once again, BIG shoutout to SR.com and HighT for partnering together. You guys ROCK!

Overall
Thanks to Mugen Holdings for sending it out!
  November 17, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Did Not Get Sick
  • Dosing
  • Ingredient Profile
Good day. I haven't been using a multivitamin for a while now before I started taking this. I workout pretty regularly, and I know it should be a staple but I just don't. Mostly because it is hard to tell if multi's are working or not. I realize all the studies, but if I can't tell then I feel like I could be wasting my money. When I saw an opportunity to try a new multi I hadn't heard of I thought let me see if this can help change my mind...

It's a pretty basic ingredient profile. To go into detail and break down every ingredient would take me far longer than it should. Therefore, I will tell you that is has your daily dosage or more of many vitamins your body needs in order to recover from the daily grind your body puts it through. I have attached a picture of the label if you want to see a breakdown. There were a couple of added surprises though that you don't see in some multi's. First one was CoQ10 (10mg). If you aren't familiar with CoQ10, It is found in every cell of the body. Your body makes CoQ10, and your cells use it to produce energy your body needs for cell growth and maintenance. It also functions as an antioxidant, which protects the body from damage caused by harmful molecules. It is said to help heart failure, as well as cancer, muscular dystrophy, and periodontal disease. It is also said to boost energy and speed recovery from exercise. Some people take it to help reduce the effects certain medicines can have on the heart, muscles, and other organs. Piperine (Black powder) is supposed to help the other vitamins and minerals in it become more effective. Who knows if it works but that's what they say. Those two kind of stood out to me. If you are looking for a basic ingredient profile for your multi then checkout the label I attached. It lists them all.

Taste- There was no taste to me because they are pills. You don't "mix" them with anything. The label recommends taking two pills for the full dosage. That is a plus for me. I like not popping pills all day everyday. On workout days I would take one in the morning and one after my workout. Call it a mental thing but I felt like that was when I needed the vitamins the most. Off days I just took two in the morning.

Did it work? I couldn't really tell. I'm always sore from workouts. I use recovery products, I drink plenty of protein, and I used this vitamin regularly and still no difference for me. That's just me. When I take multi's I don't expect to be able to tell if it is working. That's just me. The energy some talk about I didn't witness, per say... Do I think it gives you energy? Absolutely... with 500mcg's of B12 how could it not? I just couldn't tell any difference.

Found Endo for $25 on Amazon. For me, $25 is expensive for a 30 days supply of multivitamins. Compare the labels to other name brand multi's and you will might agree that for the money it is no different than some of the others. In my humble opinion, adding something for joints for the same price and upping the servings to 45ish would make it a lot more valuable and appealing to me. I've seen vitamins for roughly the same price that include a lot more in their ingredient list.

Side Effects

Bright yellow pee..... Not a negative side effect, but if you have never taken multi's you might be a little uneasy when your pee is bright yellow.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Endo is a basic, but solid, multivitamin for a more than normal price. I wasn't looking for a homerun muilti because I do know the meaning behind them, but I'd be hard-pressed to recommend it to anyone for that reason alone. In my experience, basic supplements should have a basic price. I do want to say thank you to sr.com and Mugen Holdings for partnering in this program. It's appreciated.

November 13, 2017

• Good Vascularity
  • Creative Name
  • Good Pumps
  • Supports Endurance
  • Good Focus
  • No Prop Blend
  • Felt Dehydrated
Sup folks. I wanted to review a fantastic preworkout I just got through trying through sr.com and Outbreak Nutrition. I use a preworkout for a lot of reasons. The main ones happen to be for the energy and pumps you get from taking it.

NO PROP BLENDS!!! I can't tell you how happy I am when I see a preworkout with no proprietary blend listed on the label. I like the fact that I don't have to guess how much of a certain ingredient there is in it. Lets take a look at some of these ingredients:

6g's of Citruline Maleate!! That means you are about to get some ser...

6g's of Citruline Maleate!! That means you are about to get some serious pumps with this guy! The clinical dose is 8g's, so if you want to add a couple of grams you can. If there was a prop blend you wouldn't know that.

Beta Alanine is set at 3.2g's. That's a clinical dose. No need to add anymore. You should get plenty of "tingles" with 3.2g/s of Beta.

Typical amounts of Choline Bitrate (500mg), and Potassium Nitrate (350mg).

Caffeine is set at a WHOPPING 350mg's. If you're not used to a lot of caffeine you could want to start with a half scoop.

TeaCrine (125mg) is a nature-identical compound that delivers energy, mental clarity, and improved motivation and mood.

Theobromine (100mg) helps with the energy you need to get through your workout. It helped get me through some really tough/long workout days.

2-Amino-5-Methylheptane (100mg)- Seems to be another stimulant that helps give you more energy. This can also help get you past the tough workouts and not leave you feeling drained.

Taste- The taste is about the same as most preworkouts. It's not bad at all. I received the "Wa-Torn Melon" Tasted like watermelon flavored preworkout to me. Not a lot of aftertaste to me.

Mixability- I usually just dump a scoop in the shaker and put 8oz of water. A few times I went with 4oz bc I had fixed it to late, therefore, I wanted to take it in "shot" form. It mixed fine either way.

Dosing- Like I said above, 1 scoop with 8oz of H2O usually does the trick. I never lived on the edge enough to try more than one scoop.

It got me going. That is for certain. I used this for workouts, as well as basketball games. A couple of days a week I get together and play some pickup basketball with some guys here at the base I am stationed at. We play for a couple of hours and I feel that a preworkout like this gives me that extra energy and focus I need. The only issue I have felt is that if you aren't hydrating properly it can cause dry mouth and cramping. During the workouts I felt really focused and excited to be in the gym. Pumps were great also. Vascularity was definitely not a problem.

$40 for 30 servings. This is where it's a little tricky for me. I used to think $40 for 30 servings was crazy. However, it's really not. I found myself buy other preworkouts for $40 that only had 20 servings. That was crazy, but I fell in love with the product so I didn't mind. After taking Pathogen a few times I realized that this is definitely worth the $40 for 30 servings. That's 6-8 weeks of workouts, depending on how often you workout, for just $40. That's solid.

Side Effects

If you take it on an empty stomach it can cause major stomach issues because of the stims in it. Don't say I didn't warn you ;)

Conclusion

In conclusion, Pathogen has a good taste, solid ingredient profile, and is very affordable. I don't see why you don't, at least, give this product a shot. You'd be crazy not to. Thanks to Sr.com for the opportunity to give products like this a shot, and thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for participating in the program so that us little guys get our chance to speak our minds. I really appreciate it.

November 13, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Increased Energy Upon Waking
  • Deeper More Recuperative Sleep
  • Fall To Sleep Sooner
  • Unique Potent Formula
  • Deeper Rest
  • Grogginess
My life is CRAZY. Much like everyone else, my life consists of raising 3 kids (5-6-14), working out, and working a job that is pretty much all day everyday (Recruiter). I get tired. We all do. A few years ago, when I first started working out, I didn't realize how important resting my body was. I thought, like a lot of beginners, I'm young, I take plenty of supplements, and I work hard. That's all it takes. Man, was I wrong. Once I discovered a recovery product that was designed to put you in deep REM sleep I was hooked. I have taken several over the years. There are some that make me lethargic the next day, some that make me feel like I didn't get any sleep, and some that are just perfect. Refuge is one of those that seem to be just perfect.

There's a few ingredients I didn't recognize. I also noticed a few that I've seen in products like this before. Vitamin D (400IU), Magnesium (50mg), Zinc (7.5mg), and L-Tryptophan (100mg) are usually found in any product that's designed to get you into a deep sleep. The one's I didn't recognize are below:

-phenyl--aminobutyric acid HCl, aka Phenibut, is a neuropsychotropic drug that was discovered and introduced into clinical practice in Russia in the 1960s. It has anxiolytic and nootropic (cognition enhancing) effects. It acts as a GABA-mimetic, primarily at GABAB and, to some extent, at GABAA receptors. According to WEBMD.com "Phenibut is used for anxiety, fear, trouble sleeping (insomnia), tension, stress, fatigue, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, alcoholism, and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for improving memory, learning, and thinking." Based on this alone, I can see why it is in a product like this.

KSM-66 Ashwagandha is a plant. The root and berry are used to make medicine. It has a lot of uses. But so far, there isn't enough information to judge whether it is effective for any of them. It is used for arthritis, anxiety, trouble sleeping (insomnia), and other conditions/diseases. Ashwagandha is also used as an "adaptogen" to help the body cope with daily stress, and as a general tonic.

Nelumbo nucifera extract (10:1), aka Sacred Lotus (150mg), is supposed to promote a deep relaxing feeling in people.

After a little research on the ingredients I didn't know about I can see why each ingredient was added to this product.

Taste- I was given the apple cinnamon flavor. I wasn't a fan of the taste. However, I am not really a fan of how any of these type of supplements taste. It doesn't matter who makes them, I just don't care for them. Just like a lot of the food I eat though, it's not totally about the taste. It worked, so I'm not complaining.

Mixability- It mixed well. No complaints here. I had to stir it once because I left my shakers at work and didn't have an extra one around. It mixed well then also.

Dosing- For me, it was 1 scoop with about 6oz of H2O. I tried 1.5 scoops once, on a Saturday, where I didn't have to move for a solid 12 hours. I don't recommend that. I literally felt like I wanted to sleep ALL DAY. Lol. I didn't do that again.

This is a pretty effective sleep/recovery supplement. I only recommend it if you have a solid 8 hours to devote to sleeping. Otherwise, you will find yourself in a lethargic state for the first couple of hours you are awake. I tried to always take this product about 2100. I'd be turning the TV off by 2130 and I would be out shortly after. Up at 0630-0700 feeling like a champ. If I had to get up earlier than that I usually didn't take it. My body didn't react very well to being brought out of hibernation :)

$35 is the cheapest I could find this currently. That's about par for the course with these type of supps. I don't mind paying this much for what I get. I really needed this after some of the workouts I put in. Without it I wouldn't have been able to fully recover for the next day.

Side Effects

Only side effect for me, if you can call it that, was the lethargy I experienced for not getting a full 8 hours.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Refuge is a SOLID product from a company I hadn't heard of until recently. I love the marketing tools they use, and plan on trying some other products of theirs in the future. The ingredient profile is good, the price per serving was decent, and most importantly the product worked as it was intended to work. I want to thank sr.com and Outbreak Nutrition for letting us little guys give your products a chance. I really appreciate it.

Overall
Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  September 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Purest Form Of Yohimbine
  • No Side Effects
  • Some Targeted Fat Loss
  • Stimulant-free
    Hey, hey ladies and gents. Let me start by saying thanks to SR.com and EvoMuse for allowing me the opportunity to try a stimulant free fat burner at the end of my cut. They didn't send me just one 100 capsule bottle....they sent me TWO!! For that alone, you started off on the right foot!! I went on a solid cut for most of the summer trying not to lose muscle...just wanted to concentrate on losing body fat. It worked. I was able to stay around 200lbs while getting down around 12-13% bf. Now I have started season to work on getting my strength up. It's a viscous cycle.

----Ingredient Prof...

Pretty simple profile here:

3mg's of Alpha Yohimbine and 4mg's of Bioperene. The Bioperene is in there to help the absorption of the Alpha Yohimbine. The Alpha is in there for the weight loss side of it. Alpha Yohimbine has been connected to weight loss for awhile now. Most fat burners have this ingredient in it nowadays.

Pretty little white capsules is what it comes in so you don't have to worry about a taste. There is no taste unless you want to bite down on them. I don't recommend that at all. I can say that taking one of these with some coffee is not a good idea as you will burp up something awful. Just take it with your protein shake or water. You might still burp shortly after but it will be far less worse than drinking coffee.

Mixability- There isn't really anything to mix it with.

Dosing- Dosing wise, I took one in the morning with my shake, and one again in the afternoon after my workouts.

While taking this I lost 6.7lbs. Not bad for the 2 months I took it. I wasn't expecting anything crazy and neither should you. It works, but as a compliment to diet and exercise. If you don't do the other two you probably aren't going to see anything from it. Upon taking the first capsule in the morning I noticed my body temperature start to rise. I expected this because of the label. What I didn't expect is if taking on an empty stomach I would soon start to get real cold. My hands would get clammy and it was almost like I needed a blanket. Food usually fixed the issue but I noticed a few times it didn't and I would remain hot/cold. Hard to explain, but it was like I had the cold sweats, if you know what those are. It wasn't a big deal to me and didn't effect me in any other way. I just thought it was strange that a product that was supposed to raise your core temp could also make you cold. I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this.

EvoMuse sells it for $21.99 (100 capsules). That's the cheapest I found it on the internet. That's where I would order from if you're interested. At 2 pills a day you can get 50 days out of it if you take 2 every single day. Most of us don't so you can get 2+ months out of it.

Side Effects

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary while taking this. I did get some jitters, but I think that's normal for a product with Alpha Yohimbine in it. I didn't experience any of the anxiety that some people have reported comes from taking AY.

Conclusion

In conclusion, it's a SOLID stimulant free fat burner. I was thoroughly impressed. Great job EvoMuse on this. You guys have a simple, yet effective product. I appreciate the opportunity to try it out. Programs like this give me the opportunity to get to know more about other companies that I might not, otherwise, get to know. Kudos to you guys for participating.