wjmathewsx

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online this week

Reviews by wjmathewsx

Overall
Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  September 6, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Side Effects
  • Purest Form Of Yohimbine
  • Some Targeted Fat Loss
  • Stimulant-free
    Hey, hey ladies and gents. Let me start by saying thanks to SR.com and EvoMuse for allowing me the opportunity to try a stimulant free fat burner at the end of my cut. They didn't send me just one 100 capsule bottle....they sent me TWO!! For that alone, you started off on the right foot!! I went on a solid cut for most of the summer trying not to lose muscle...just wanted to concentrate on losing body fat. It worked. I was able to stay around 200lbs while getting down around 12-13% bf. Now I have started season to work on getting my strength up. It's a viscous cycle.

----Ingredient Prof...

Pretty simple profile here:

3mg's of Alpha Yohimbine and 4mg's of Bioperene. The Bioperene is in there to help the absorption of the Alpha Yohimbine. The Alpha is in there for the weight loss side of it. Alpha Yohimbine has been connected to weight loss for awhile now. Most fat burners have this ingredient in it nowadays.

Pretty little white capsules is what it comes in so you don't have to worry about a taste. There is no taste unless you want to bite down on them. I don't recommend that at all. I can say that taking one of these with some coffee is not a good idea as you will burp up something awful. Just take it with your protein shake or water. You might still burp shortly after but it will be far less worse than drinking coffee.

Mixability- There isn't really anything to mix it with.

Dosing- Dosing wise, I took one in the morning with my shake, and one again in the afternoon after my workouts.

While taking this I lost 6.7lbs. Not bad for the 2 months I took it. I wasn't expecting anything crazy and neither should you. It works, but as a compliment to diet and exercise. If you don't do the other two you probably aren't going to see anything from it. Upon taking the first capsule in the morning I noticed my body temperature start to rise. I expected this because of the label. What I didn't expect is if taking on an empty stomach I would soon start to get real cold. My hands would get clammy and it was almost like I needed a blanket. Food usually fixed the issue but I noticed a few times it didn't and I would remain hot/cold. Hard to explain, but it was like I had the cold sweats, if you know what those are. It wasn't a big deal to me and didn't effect me in any other way. I just thought it was strange that a product that was supposed to raise your core temp could also make you cold. I'm not sure if anyone else experienced this.

EvoMuse sells it for $21.99 (100 capsules). That's the cheapest I found it on the internet. That's where I would order from if you're interested. At 2 pills a day you can get 50 days out of it if you take 2 every single day. Most of us don't so you can get 2+ months out of it.

Side Effects

I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary while taking this. I did get some jitters, but I think that's normal for a product with Alpha Yohimbine in it. I didn't experience any of the anxiety that some people have reported comes from taking AY.

Conclusion

In conclusion, it's a SOLID stimulant free fat burner. I was thoroughly impressed. Great job EvoMuse on this. You guys have a simple, yet effective product. I appreciate the opportunity to try it out. Programs like this give me the opportunity to get to know more about other companies that I might not, otherwise, get to know. Kudos to you guys for participating.

Overall
    Thanks to IdealRaw for sending it out!
      September 5, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Vegan
    • All-Natural
    • Satisfies Huger
    • A Little On The Pricey Side
    • Gritty Texture
    • Needs More Protein Per Scoop
    Hello fit fam!! I saw Ideal Raw's Organic Protein and thought "Let me give this a shot." I hadn't had any organic protein before and so I wanted to see if there was that much of a difference from my normal protein. YES there was. I used this protein powder towards the end of my cut. Let me say thank you to Ideal Raw and SR.com for giving us little people opportunities like this. I really appreciate it. Now, lets get down to business.

The protein in this comes from several sources. All are organic, hence the name. Rice, pea, coconut, chia, sunflower, golden flax, and pumpkin. First thing I always look at in a protein powder is the amount of protein I get from each scoop. I like 30-40 g's in any shake I take. That usually requires a scoop and a half for me. Because of this, I usually by 5-10lbs of protein at a time so I don't run out so quick. I noticed this protein powder only gives you 15g's of protein per scoop. That means I was having to put 2-2.5 scoops in my shake each time to get the required amount of protein. This also meant I was ingesting 18-22g's of carbs as well. One thing I noticed that I liked was how there was no cholesterol in the shake. Something that isn't the case with normal proteins. in fact, some can be pretty high in the cholesterol area. 5g's of saturated fat per scoop is a bit much for me as well. If you do the math that would mean 10-12g's of saturated fat with each shake I was drinking. I didn't see that coming.

Taste- I had the chocolate flavor. Not going to church it up here.... It takes some getting used to. I tried it in water and it just didn't do it for me. I added some almond milk and that made it tolerable for me. It's organic. I get it. It's supposed to taste different. I can choke anything down and this was no exception. But be warned.... If you're like me and haven't ever tried organic protein before it may not be exactly what you are looking for in the taste department. I definitely recommend trying a sample first, if you can find one.

Mixability- Grittiness!! not the best protein for mixing. It constantly has to be shaken. I never tried blending it with anything but every shake I had I had to shake it up before every drink. Not sure what caused it to be so gritty but it was.

Dosing- Go with your daily protein needs. I did 2-2.5 scoops each time. I mixed with water and sometimes I would throw almond milk in there.

I noticed there wasn't any bloating from consuming the protein. I still had the normal soreness I have always had after workouts. For that reason, I assume it did the trick. There is a superfruit blend in the protein powder that can DEFINITELY benefit you if you are like me and don't get nearly enough fruits and veggies. This protein also can help you reach your desired protein intake each day while out and about.

Found a deal on their website for $35.99 today. It is $39.99 on Amazon. Either way it is a tad bit more than I would want to pay for something that only gives you 15g's of protein per scoop. That's not a lot when you compare with other protein powders out there. I definitely would have a hard time recommending this to a friend who was wanting to put on a lot of lean muscle. It would be to expensive for someone that is looking to use this to supplement a couple of meals a day with shakes. 2-3 scoops at a time just to get 30-45g's of protein makes this unaffordable in my opinion when you look at it like that. My wife doesn't require the same amount of protein that I do so, for her, it might make more sense.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

In conclusion, it seems to be a solid protein for people who aren't looking for a lot of protein in each scoop. Like I said before, I can't use a protein powder if it only gives 15g's of protein per scoop when others give 24+. That amount makes it more expensive for me. The mixability was an issue and I just couldn't get with the taste. I do like the fact that it is a "clean" protein that doesn't cause bloating and has superfoods mixed in it though. Once again, big shoutout to SR.com and Ideal Raw for this opportunity. You guys ROCK! keep up the good work!!

Thanks to IdealFit for sending it out!
      August 29, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Can Help With Weight Loss
    • Taste Great
    • Low On The BCAA Amount Per Serving
    Catchy title.... got your attention didn't I?? :) First off, let me apologize for the late review. I was PCS'd with the AF during the end of taking this product and my laptop has been in storage. Next, let me give a BIG THANK YOU to IDEALFIT and SR.com for giving me the opportunity to try this product out. I have to admit that I didn't see it was for women until it arrived. My wife just laughed when I told her I didn't buy this for her, but I got this from the website I do reviews for. She said it must be because they believe I'm so weak I have to be a girl!! PUNK!!

----Ingredient Profile...

The ingredient profile is crazy with the amount of ingredients this product has in it. It has your normal B6, B9 and B12 in it. There are no "macros" in this product so for all you macro counters you don't have to worry about this effecting your count. Because of the name it has a "fat loss blend" in it that consists of Green Tea Extract, CLA, and a couple of products that I had no clue what they were supposed to do. They are listed below along with what I found out that they were supposed to do.

Evodiamine - This product is listed at ThermoDiamine on the label. According to the web Evodiae extract evodiamine 98% is a chemical extracted from the Tetradium family of plants, which has been shown to reduce fat uptake in mouse studies. It is suspected that its mechanism of action is similar to that of capsaicin.As such, it has been included in some dietary supplements. Neither its fat-burning effects in humans nor any potential side effects have been empirically established.

Phosphatidylserine- According to WebMD Phosphatidylserine is used for Alzheimer's disease, age-related decline in mental function, improving thinking skills in young people, attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), depression, preventing exercise-induced stress, and improving athletic performance. Some research suggests that athletes taking phosphatidylserine during strenuous training might feel better overall and have less muscle soreness. However, other research shows conflicting results.

BCAA's are listed at 5g's (2:1:1). My biggest surprise was the 1g of Citruline Maleate. I don't remember if I have ever seen a BCAA drink with Cit Mal in it. Also listed on the label is Glutamine (recovery), and Coconut Water Powder for hydration purposes.

Taste- The taste was amazing. I received Green Apple flavor. A lot of my previous BCAA drinks have a bad aftertaste, or they're just simply not sweet enough. This usually results in me taking huge drinks just to finish them during my workout. This wasn't the case with these BCAA's. Green apple was sweet. It didn't have a bad aftertaste like I was expecting. Overall, very impressed with the taste.

Mixability- It mixes like you would expect. There's zero clumping, frothiness or grittiness. Exactly what I have come to expect from my BCAA drinks

Dosing- I would mix one scoop with 16oz of water when I got to the gym and it lasted me all workout. The label says one scoop with 8-16oz of water.

This is always tricky for me. I know some people take BCAAs because they are looking at the recovery aspect. I use them more for the endurance aspect they provide. I have noticed in the past my endurance in cardio and weight training isn't the same without a BCAA product. With this particular BCAA I feel it helped my endurance through some crazy workouts I went through, along with my endurance during some pickup basketball games I used it for. This is part why I've made BCAA's a staple in my stack. This particular BCAA has fat burning ingredients as well so I guess it did help me with the cut I was going through. Hydration is never really an issue with me due to the 1+ gallon of water a day I drink.

Their website is selling it for $34.99 for a 30 serving tub. You can find it online for about $29.99 for the same tub. .99 a serving isn't as bad as you might think if you are looking for a product that gives you everything this product does. The BCAA's are a little on the low side at just 5g's, but the fat burning/energy ingredients help make this more valuable to me. All depends on what you are looking for in a BCAA product.

Side Effects

No side effects for this product.

Conclusion

In the end, Trump had nothing to do with my decision to try this product. I don't think I would've picked this product had I seen that it was "for women" but I'm glad I did. It's a solid product that offers a few different benefits besides just the BCAA aspect. If I had to recommend a BCAA product to a lady friend I could see myself recommending this one. Once again, I appreciate the opportunity to review this product. Thanks to SR.com and IDEALFIT!!

Thanks to Micronamin for sending it out!
      August 25, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Added Supplements For Recovery
    • Supports Veterans
    • Improved Recovery
    • Affordable
    • Reduced DOMS
    • Good Source Of Daily Protein
    • Heavy On Sweetener
    • 2 Scoops A Serving
    • Taste Is Terrible
    Let me give a shoutout to SR.com and Micronamin for giving us little people the chance to try new products through becoming a TROOP'er. Without folks like you guys I wouldn't know some of these products even exist. When I ordered this dairy based protein powder I was expecting something to help me with my cut. I knew recovery would be an issue because I was trying to stay in a caloric deficit. At only 149 calories per serving I figured I could fit into the daily macro count and it wouldn't be a problem. What I wasn't expecting was for it to taste so terrible that I wouldn't want to take it except for in a shot form.

If you count your macros like I do then you should know that for every two scoops of weigh concentrate that you put in your shaker you are getting the following macros: 24P 8C and 4.5F. The amino profile is solid at 19. You receive 6G's of BCAA's along with 5.5g's of glutamine (for recovery) and even some Creatine. How much is unknown but I suppose every little bit helps. It's sweetened with Stevia and it has some creamer in it as well for taste purposes I suppose.

Taste- It DEFINITELY takes some getting used to in the taste department. It's the creamer. I've never had protein with creamer in it. I wasn't expecting the taste or aftertaste this provided. It is different. I think we can all agree on that. About halfway through the bag I had to start mixing it into 4oz of water and take it as a shot.

Mixability was fine. It never clumped. It was a little frothy but overall mixed well.

Dosing- I always had 2 scoops in the morning and if I worked out that day I had two scoops after I worked out. Every so often I would use it as a "snack" in the afternoon if I didn't have anything else around to snack on.

I can say this... It helps with recovery. I had some brutal leg days while taking this and I could tell that it helped stave off some of the soreness I usually experience after such days. For that I was pleasantly surprised. The 19 Amino Acids accompanied with the 24g's of protein helped replenish the muscles after such workouts.

At .99 a serving I cant justify ranking this up there with other protein name brands. Mainly because of the taste. If you don't have an issue with the taste like I did then it's priced about where everyone else is and makes for a formidable protein.

Side Effects

I didn't have any side effects while using this product. I wasn't gassy like I have been with others and I didn't experience any bloating either.

Conclusion

In conclusion, the only real issue I found with Micronamin's AR-15 Whey Protein was the taste. Maybe if I try another flavor I won't be as harsh. The ingredient profile is good. The recovery is just as good. Overall, the only thing I can seem to complain about is the taste. Once again, thank you to Micronamin. I may give your AR-15 another shot in the future, but try chocolate instead. I appreciate you guys sending it out to me!!

Thanks to Vaxxen Labs for sending it out!
      July 18, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Endurance
    • Pumps
    • Razor Focus
    • Tunnel Vision
    • Great All-Around Ingredient Profile
    Hey guys and gals. I had the pleasure of trying Fulcrum through the SR TROOPer program. Let me start by saying thanks to sr.com and Vaxxen Labs. You guys are awesome. I, like many other people, use preworkouts for the energy, pump, and mental focus they give in the gym. I also enjoy the tingles of beta alanine.I used this product at the end of a 20lb cut so I definitely needed some energy for workouts. Heck, I even took it on a non-workout day just because I needed some energy and it sure beats the heck out of them store bough energy drinks.

It's a fully disclo...

It's a fully disclosed label, and for that alone I liked the product. "Energy Blends" and other proprietary blends get on my nerves because I never know exactly what I'm getting in a product. With Fulcrum that's not the case. As far as ingredients go it has some basic energy supps such as B6, and B12. Some other ingredients you may or may not know about are as follows:

Citruline Maleate- Cit Mal helps open up the blood flow. It is used by some to get an huge pump while working out because, lets face it, everyone wants a pump in the gym. A clinical dose is 6g's but this product comes with 4g's. Not bad considering some preworkouts don't have any.

Oxystorm- Now this is one I had to look up. According to my research Oxystorm is an extract of red spinach (Amaranthus dubius) - one of the richest sources of nitrate in nature. A patent-pending production process delivers the highest nitrate content ingredient from the leaves of red spinach - 9000 mg/100 g - with more than five times the amount of nitrate as beetroot powder and more than 50 times beet juice.

Alpha GPC- Alpha-GPC seems to increase a chemical in the brain called acetylcholine. This brain chemical is important for memory and learning functions.

Caffeine is at 350mg/s per scoop. If you are a stim junkie then this is no big deal to you. If you are not you might want to start with just a half scoop.

There are a few more ingredients in it. I have attached a label at the bottom for you to see what exactly is in the product.

Taste-I had Bombsicle. Need I say more? It was BOMB-licious. One of the few preworkouts I didn't have to choke down. One of the few that didn't have a nasty after taste.

Mixability- It mixes well. A little bit of frothiness at the top if shaken but none hardly when stirred. I will warn you though that if you shake it and don't stir it people around you may think a small bomb went off when you open it. I scared my wife the first couple of times I did it. No grittiness. Overall GREAT mixability.

Dosing- I took one scoop and drank it slowly about 30 minutes before I started working out. Not going to lie.... I tried a "BIG" scoop (filled over the top) once and it wasn't a good idea. lol.

I like the effectiveness of Fulcrum. I like to drink my preworkout slow so I start sipping about 10-15 minutes before I finish the drink. Once I finish the last sip its about 15-20 more minutes before I walk into the gym. By this time I can usually tell if a preworkout is effective. Fulcrum was definitely effective within that timeframe and actually a little bit sooner. I felt the tunnel vision from the time I walked into the gym til the time I left. I was able to stay focused throughout the workouts. Energy was crazy. I felt great. The most important thing to me was that there was NO CRASH!! I hate it when I leave the gym and all I want to do is take a nap. The pump was a little better than normal pump and I attribute that to the 4g/s of Cit Mal in it.

Seems like no matter where I went to look for the price it came back at $39.99 for 25 servings. Maybe this was because I could only find it at a few select sites?? This is pretty steep considering there are preworkouts out there that cost the same but give you clinical doses of key ingredients. However, I feel it's not a bad price considering what you get in the preworkout itself.

Side Effects

DO NOT TAKE ON EMPTY STOMACH!! :)

Conclusion

In conclusion, I'd recommend this to a friend. It tastes good, mixes well, and has a solid ingredient profile. I love trying different preworkouts so I can compare them with others. Fulcrum is definitely in my top 10. Once again, thanks to Sr.com and Vaxxen Labs for giving me the opportunity to give this a try. You guys ROCK!

July 5, 2017

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Fat Loss
    • Good For Health
    • Joint Support
    • Fully Disclosed Label
      Hey there. Let me start by saying thanks to RSP and SR.com for sending this product out to the amateur folks like myself to try. I was a little skeptical about getting some fish oil to review because it's not something that you can necessarily feel working like you can with preworkouts and other supplements. You pretty much have to go based on how you feel before you start taking the product and compare it to how you felt while taking it. I used to take fish oil daily for about 5 years. The last year or so I haven't taken it so when I saw it I thought that now might be the time to try it once again. Glad I did.

A fully disclosed label is always appreciated. When I saw that it was more than just a fish oil I was highly surprised. CLA, EPA, DHA, GLA are all solid ingredients for a fat burning fish oil pill. Below I break down what you can expect from each ingredient.

CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid) refers to a group of chemicals found in the fatty acid linoleic acid. Dairy products and beef are the major dietary sources. Conjugated linoleic acid is used for cancer, "hardening of the arteries" (atherosclerosis), obesity, weight loss caused by chronic disease, bodybuilding, and limiting food allergy reactions. I have taken CLA over the years to aid in fat loss.

EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) is a fatty acid found in the flesh of cold water fish, including mackerel, herring, tuna, halibut, salmon, cod liver, whale blubber, or seal blubber. EPA is used for high blood pressure in high-risk pregnancies (eclampsia), age-related macular degeneration (AMD), heart disease, schizophrenia, personality disorder, cystic fibrosis, Alzheimer's disease, depression, and diabetes.

DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) is also found in the same stuff that EPA is found in but don't get them confused. DHA is used for treating type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease (CAD), dementia, and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

GLA (Gamma linoleic acid) is a fatty substance found in various plant seed oils such as borage oil and evening primrose oil. People use it as medicine. Gamma linoleic acid is an omega-6 fatty acid, which the body can convert to substances that reduce inflammation and cell growth.

Taste- Well, it doesn't taste going down, but it "tastes like fish" when you burp it up. Lol. The only time I didn't burp it up was when I took it with food.

Mixability- I would take this with a couple of different supplements. Multi-Vitamins, fat burners etc...

Dosing- I started with one dose once a day and switched it up to 2X and even 3X a day with meals.

*WARNING* If you have a hard time with horse pills then be warned.... these things are a choking hazard. LOL

I'd like to attribute some of the weight loss I have had in the past month to the fish oil. I used this product with some other supplements while trying to cut a last few pounds on this diet and it seemed to help me in that phase as I was able to lose the last few pounds I wanted to prior to finishing this bottle. I'd also like to attribute less joint issues to this product as well. Prior to taking this I had some shoulder issues but with time and using this product I feel that the shoulder is back to normal. I have had soreness throughout multiple joints, especially my heavy lifting days, but with this the soreness wasn't as noticeable. I was very pleased with the joint health and the weight loss benefits of this product.

I look up everything on Amazon when I go to see what kind of value it has. $0.25 a serving is pretty cheap in my opinion. $15 for the bottle ranks it up there with my previous fish oil products I've taken. Both of the previous didn't have CLA in them so that's an extra plus for me. If you can get a BOGO on this then that's even better.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any side effects except the fishy taste when you take them without eating.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I've already ordered and received my 2 bottle of this. That should be a great indication that I like this product and believe it works. Once again, I appreciate the opportunity to try this product. Thank you to RSP and thank you to SR.com. You guys are the REAL MVP's!!

June 27, 2017

• Supports Metabolism
        Hey hey folks. Thank you to the folks at sr.com and RSP for allowing folks like me to give these great products a try. I am trying to stay lean this summer without stimulants that come in fat burners. I had taken a few of those but wanted to give the nervous system a break and not bombard it with the continued stimulants that come in some of these fat burners. When I saw CLA being offered I thought it might be time to give it another try. When I first got into working out 6-7 years ago I had used CLA along with other products to help get me along in the game. I never really used it by itself. It was always with a stimulant fat burner so I couldn't tell if it worked by itself. I can now.

CLA Blend- Conjugated Linoleic Acid/Safflower Oil-1,000 mg's/per capsule

CLA is a unique fatty acid clinically shown to assist in weight management, increase lean muscle mass and promote overall health. RSP Nutrition's CLA provides the amount of CLA needed to manage weight without the unwanted calories it would take to achieve through food sources. The benefits of CLA will not diminish over time so there is no need to cycle or alternate use. Consume daily with a healthy balanced diet and exercise for optimal results.

Safflower is a plant. The flower and oil from the seeds are used as medicine. Safflower seed oil is used for preventing heart disease, including "hardening of the arteries" (atherosclerosis) and stroke. It is also used to treat fever, tumors, coughs, breathing problems, clotting conditions, pain, heart disease, chest pain, and traumatic injuries. Some people use it for inducing sweating; and as a laxative, stimulant, antiperspirant, and expectorant to help loosen phlegm.

There isn't a taste to the CLA capsules I was taking. You don't mix it with anything. I started out by taking 1 capsule 2-3X a day and then halfway through I started taking 2 capsules 2-3X a day. The directions call for 1-2 pills 3X a day.

CLA helped me lose a little weight throughout the last month or so. I was able to lose 2.5lbs from day one through the last day. 2.5 real pounds. Not just water weight. I didn't change my eating. I did do a little more cardio because I am getting ready for an Air Force PT test but not a lot. I can see changes in the muscle mass over the last month and I have to believe that CLA helped me achieve some of that.

I have seen this product on a 2 for $15 on bb.com. That's 180 pills for $15. I saw a better deal on there too because right now the 180 ct is on sale for BOGO for $18. That's 360 pills which, if taken by direction, is 2-4 months worth. That's pretty good for something that can help your metabolism.

Side Effects

Never really noticed any side effects. I always took with a shake or some food. Not sure how it would react on an empty stomach.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was skeptical on whether or not just taking my normal multi and some fish oil with my CLA would work as well as it did but it did. I'm happy to recommend RSP's CLA to anyone looking for a stimulant free way of losing weight. It's definitely worth a shot. Finally, thanks again to you guys at sr.com and RSP for allowing this amateur to try this product. Means a lot to guys/gals like me. Take care!!

June 22, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Improves Recovery
        • Hydration
        • Small Pump
        • Excellent Value
        • Effective BCAA Dosage
          Big shout out to RSP and Sr.com for the opportunity to give Regen BCAA's a try. Thanks so much. I am a pretty big proponent of keeping BCAA's in your stack. I have had BCAA's in my stack for the last 4-5 years and using a product like this sure helps me think I should keep'em in my stack for the future as well. I love how they keep you hydrated and help you recover from the grueling workouts you put yourself through. After all, recovery is where the muscles grow.

The ingredient profile is your basic BCAA profile. It adds Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium to the BCAA's Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine. Citruline Maleate was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting 1g of Cit Mal in my BCAA's but I won't be upset if that became the norm. LOL. Raw Coconut Water Concentrate to help you with hydration is something I want in all my BCAA drinks as well.

Taste- Watermelon was the flavor I received. I love watermelon flavored supplement drinks. This goes for preworkouts, protein shakes, and BCAA drinks. For some reason, I just like how it tastes. In this particular drink it was perfect for sipping throughout the workout. The flavor was light, so it was enjoyable.

Mixability- I only ever mixed it with water. It mixed just fine. Didn't have any clumping. There wasn't any frothiness and there wasn't any grittiness at the bottom. Just as good as all the other BCAA drinks I've had.

Dosing- One scoop on workout days for me. On other days I would find myself using a scoop or two for a mid afternoon drink. I play basketball on Suday evenings so I even drank it during that time as well. Just to keep me as hydrated as possible. When you have 50 servings of this stuff for as cheap as it is then you can use it anyway you see fit.

BCAA drinks are designed to help you get through tough workouts and to help you from feeling fatigued while working out. This particular drink is no different. It helped me get through workouts where otherwise I would've felt tired deep into the workout. Playing basketball is where I felt the most difference. On weeks where I would forget the drink and have to just drink water I was a little more sore than on weeks I was able to take a couple of scoops of this stuff and mix it in my water. I remember thinking about this one Monday morning when I woke up and didn't really ache all over like I had in previous weeks. That sold me. Since then I have used BCAA's as my basketball drink.

I found 30 servings on Amazon for $10. BB.com also has 2 30 serving tubs for $28. Either way you go it is cheaper than a lot of BCAA drinks I have tried in the past.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

Once again, thank you to SR.com and RSP for this wonderful opportunity. I always look forward to trying products I wouldn't otherwise. I really think I will continue to use REGEN for a while. I like everything about it. Most of all, I like the price. If I can continue to get BCAA's for this price I don't see any reason to pay more.

Overall
          Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
            June 2, 2017

• Great Mixability
          • Taste Good
          • Great In Water Or Milk
          • Great Recovery
            What up folks?!? I was fortunate enough to score a pretty solid protein powder from My Protein using the sr.com TROOP program. So, let me start by saying THANKS to SR.com and My Protein. I must say I was pretty amazed when I received the big container rather than the smaller one. That was a pleasant surprise. You guys ROCK even more for that.

25g's of a Whey Protein blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Protein Hydrolysate) per scoop is solid in my opinion. One of the higher amounts per scoop in the industry.

Cocoa Powder- This is b...

Cocoa Powder- This is because I received the Chocolate Fudge I'm sure.

It also has some other ingredients in it such as Aminogen (Proteases), Salt (Sodium Chloride), Digezyme, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Aminogen was a term I had heard but was unaware of what it was supposed to do. According to my research Aminogen is a compound that allows for the complete absorption of protein in the body. If this true then this alone can help set THEWHEY apart from other whey protein powders.

Digezyme- These enzymes help break down carbohydrates, lactose, cellulosic fibers, fats and proteins. Once again, good to have in your system if the do what they're supposed to do.

Xanthum Gum- Another weird ingredient I had to look up. Research says it is a polysaccharide composed of glucose, mannose, and glucuronic acid. It is used in foods as a thickener which tells me exactly why it is in this powder. To thicken it.

Acesulfame Potassium is a calorie-free sugar substitute (artificial sweetener).

Taste- Like I said earlier I received the Chocolate Fudge flavor. I've never met a chocolate protein powder that I didn't like and this one was no different. It had smooth first sip to me and the after taste wasn't bad like some that I have tried. No chalky taste. PSA though.... just like chocolate milk I do not recommend drinking this after brushing your teeth. LOL.

Mixability- Mixes like most protein powders do. Just fine. There wasn't any clumpiness. I was able to make a few smoothies and mix it in my oatmeal as well with no problems.

Dosing- It's pretty simple. I took 1-1.5 scoops each time I would use the powder. That got me 25-37.5g's of protein. I didn't drink it regularly because I still try and eat as much protein as I can but I still managed to get one after workouts and a few in the mornings.

It did exactly what I have come to expect from my protein powders. It helped me with recovery after my workouts. It's hard to judge true effectiveness from a protein powder that is designed for consumption to help you gain muscle, and recover from tough workouts. I was able to use this at the end of my cut phase and I didn't have any real soreness. I feel like THEWHEY was partially responsible for that. I didn't have any bloating or gassiness from taking this that I could tell. This lets me know that it is a grade A protein. ON's 100% Whey and KING WHEY by RCCS are two of my favorite proteins and I would say this is on the same level.

$31 for 30 Servings and $55 for 60 servings is right on par with my two favorite proteins and better than a few more that I like. For the amino profile you get along with the 25g's per scoop I would say it's a solid price. Don't mind paying this much for this product AT ALL!!

Side Effects

Like I said earlier, no gas and no bloating. This makes me a happy man.

Conclusion

In conclusion, THEWHEY showed me and my body that you can get grade A protein powders from companies you haven't heard of before. These guys really did a solid job in developing this protein. Big SHOUTOUT to My Protein and sr.com for this opportunity. You guys did not disappoint and for that I say thank you!

Thanks to Raw Iron Performance for sending it out!
              May 23, 2017

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Solid Performance
            • Solid Focus
            • Endurance
            What's up ladies and gents! I wanted to review Raw Iron Performance's (RIP) preworkout called Evolve. First, let me say thank you to Raw Iron Performance and SR.com for giving the small people like me the chance to try these products. I really appreciate it. I have become a pretty regular preworkout taker over the years. Every once in awhile I give myself a few weeks off to try and reset my central nervous system. I took a few weeks off of taking it and so I was excited to try Evolve when I saw it was available to try.

I am always pretty stoked when I see a p...

I am always pretty stoked when I see a product that lists its ingredients individually rather than as a prop blend. Evolve does just this. I enjoy knowing exactly what I'm putting in my body so that I know what I am supposed to expect. Over the last few years I cannot remember buying a preworkout that was a prop blend. Kudos to RIP for doing this.

If you're reading this you probably know what to expect from ingredients like Citruline Maleate(6g's), caffeine(300mg's), Beta Alanine(2.5g's), and agmatine sulfate(1g). If you don't then definitely look them up and you will begin to see why people enjoy a certain amount of each of these in their preworkouts.

I usually use this section to tell you about ingredients that you and I may not know about.

Choline Bitarirate is a brain supplement than can help almost everyone get more out of their brain. It is a natural nutrient that is already found within our body and even is produced internally, although on a very limited basis. It is found in a number of different food sources like eggs, meat, fish, peanuts, broccoli, and other foods. Choline Bitartrate is simply Choline combined with a chemical salt to help its absorption. Within the brain, this nutrient supports nerve development and the growth and production of cell membranes. It also actually repairs old and worn out cell membranes, helping them to continue functioning properly. The FDA has established the recommended dosage of Choline at 550 mg for men each day and for women is 425 mg daily. As you can see by the label you get 1g per serving so on the days you take this you are getting more than enough which studies show is ok. Some sites even say you can take as much as 3g's per day with no side effects.

Beet Root Extract- Beets are used along with medications in the treatment of liver diseases and fatty liver. They are also used to help lower levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood, lower blood pressure, and to improve athletic performance.

Orchilean, also known as Cymbidium Goeringii Extract is an adaptogenic herb derived from the Noble orchid a flowering plant used in traditional medicine in China, Nepal and Northern India. In it's natural form Cymbidium Goeringii is a botanical tonic that can greatly improve the body's ability to increase energy levels and adapt to stress. You put your body under a lot of stress while working out so it would only seem natural to take have a supplement in your preworkout that would help your body deal with the stress you are putting it under. Orchilean works to help the body adapt to various stressful challenges such as those during high intensity training or environmental stressors including pollutants and toxins.

Kegilia Africanus Extract- This one I had no clue about so I had to look up some things on it. According to some websites I looked at is seems as if it is an extract of African plant commonly known as the sausage tree. The research on this ingredient is limited, but it does appear to have skin-soothing and antioxidant properties. If my preworkout wants to help my skin as well then I'm all for it. :)

So there is some information for you on some ingredients you probably aren't to familiar with that just happen to be in this particular preworkout.

Taste- Taste was good to me. Just saw one flavor and that was the one I received raspberry lemonade. It's actually one of the better tasting preworkouts I've had. Mixing was not an issue I would throw in a scoop of creatine and it mixed about as well as I could've expected considering creatine doesn't really mix well with anything. When I mixed it by itself it didn't seem to have any grittiness or "frothiness" at the top either. Dosing is pretty standard as well. If you are stim sensitive start with a 1/2 scoop. If you aren't go for the full dose of 1 scoop.

The first few times I took it I felt like I couldn't stop talking to people. I had jitters like crazy but I like that. If that's not your thing then you might want to consider the 1/2 scoop option. Once I got into the workout I was able to focus and go hard and get through some grueling workouts. The first couple of weeks I felt like I was dragging towards the end of my workouts. However, once I started taking Evolve I had the energy I needed during and even after my workouts. Not going to lie thought, those first 5-10 minutes in the gym I felt like I wanted to talk to everyone and that's not really my style. I like to get in and get done. I can't knock the product for this though. I learned to control it and it was fine. Just giving you a warning. The other noticeable thing with Evolve is the pump I received. It was exactly what I expected with 6g's of Cit Mal in it. I always enjoy a good solid pump. It's a big motivator to me while in the gym. While taking this I started a high rep workout program so that definitely helped the pump as well. So overall, the energy was great, the pump was great, and I didn't really crash like I have with other products.

$37.99 for 25 servings is where it gets me though. I like Evolve. If I was out in the market for a PWO though I might be more prone to pickup some Outlift or others instead of Evolve. If they were to drop the price to around $30 for 25 servings I could see myself picking up another bottle. I don't like paying $1.50/serving for anything if I don't have to. Not saying I wouldn't but I would try to catch a deal on this.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any real side effects except the jitters I had for the first 5-10 minutes I was in the gym causing me to want to talk a lot.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Evolve is a SOLID preworkout that I feel you should try at least once. That way you can see if you like it. I haven't seen many reviews on it but I can't imagine that there are folks out there who don't like it. It' has a solid ingredient profile, taste great, and WORKS! What more can you ask for? A cheaper price maybe?? Once again, thanks to the folks at RIP (Raw Iron Performance) and sr.com for allowing me to give this a shot. I appreciate it.