wjmathewsx

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online this week
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by wjmathewsx

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
Hey hey folks. Thank you to the folks at sr.com and RSP for allowing folks like me to give these great products a try. I am trying to stay lean this summer without stimulants that come in fat burners. I had taken a few of those but wanted to give the nervous system a break and not bombard it with the continued stimulants that come in some of these fat burners. When I saw CLA being offered I thought it might be time to give it another try. When I first got into working out 6-7 years ago I had used CLA along with other products to help get me along in the game. I never really used it by itself. It was always with a stimulant fat burner so I couldn't tell if it worked by itself. I can now.

CLA Blend- Conjugated Linoleic Acid/Safflower Oil-1,000 mg's/per capsule

CLA is a unique fatty acid clinically shown to assist in weight management, increase lean muscle mass and promote overall health. RSP Nutrition's CLA provides the amount of CLA needed to manage weight without the unwanted calories it would take to achieve through food sources. The benefits of CLA will not diminish over time so there is no need to cycle or alternate use. Consume daily with a healthy balanced diet and exercise for optimal results.

Safflower is a plant. The flower and oil from the seeds are used as medicine. Safflower seed oil is used for preventing heart disease, including "hardening of the arteries" (atherosclerosis) and stroke. It is also used to treat fever, tumors, coughs, breathing problems, clotting conditions, pain, heart disease, chest pain, and traumatic injuries. Some people use it for inducing sweating; and as a laxative, stimulant, antiperspirant, and expectorant to help loosen phlegm.

There isn't a taste to the CLA capsules I was taking. You don't mix it with anything. I started out by taking 1 capsule 2-3X a day and then halfway through I started taking 2 capsules 2-3X a day. The directions call for 1-2 pills 3X a day.

CLA helped me lose a little weight throughout the last month or so. I was able to lose 2.5lbs from day one through the last day. 2.5 real pounds. Not just water weight. I didn't change my eating. I did do a little more cardio because I am getting ready for an Air Force PT test but not a lot. I can see changes in the muscle mass over the last month and I have to believe that CLA helped me achieve some of that.

I have seen this product on a 2 for $15 on bb.com. That's 180 pills for $15. I saw a better deal on there too because right now the 180 ct is on sale for BOGO for $18. That's 360 pills which, if taken by direction, is 2-4 months worth. That's pretty good for something that can help your metabolism.

Side Effects

Never really noticed any side effects. I always took with a shake or some food. Not sure how it would react on an empty stomach.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was skeptical on whether or not just taking my normal multi and some fish oil with my CLA would work as well as it did but it did. I'm happy to recommend RSP's CLA to anyone looking for a stimulant free way of losing weight. It's definitely worth a shot. Finally, thanks again to you guys at sr.com and RSP for allowing this amateur to try this product. Means a lot to guys/gals like me. Take care!!
  • Supports Metabolism

Thanks to RSP for sending it out!
    Big shout out to RSP and Sr.com for the opportunity to give Regen BCAA's a try. Thanks so much. I am a pretty big proponent of keeping BCAA's in your stack. I have had BCAA's in my stack for the last 4-5 years and using a product like this sure helps me think I should keep'em in my stack for the future as well. I love how they keep you hydrated and help you recover from the grueling workouts you put yourself through. After all, recovery is where the muscles grow.

The ingredient profile is your basic BCAA profile. It adds Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium to the BCAA's Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine. Citruline Maleate was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting 1g of Cit Mal in my BCAA's but I won't be upset if that became the norm. LOL. Raw Coconut Water Concentrate to help you with hydration is something I want in all my BCAA drinks as well.

Taste- Watermelon was the flavor I received. I love watermelon flavored supplement drinks. This goes for preworkouts, protein shakes, and BCAA drinks. For some reason, I just like how it tastes. In this particular drink it was perfect for sipping throughout the workout. The flavor was light, so it was enjoyable.

Mixability- I only ever mixed it with water. It mixed just fine. Didn't have any clumping. There wasn't any frothiness and there wasn't any grittiness at the bottom. Just as good as all the other BCAA drinks I've had.

Dosing- One scoop on workout days for me. On other days I would find myself using a scoop or two for a mid afternoon drink. I play basketball on Suday evenings so I even drank it during that time as well. Just to keep me as hydrated as possible. When you have 50 servings of this stuff for as cheap as it is then you can use it anyway you see fit.

BCAA drinks are designed to help you get through tough workouts and to help you from feeling fatigued while working out. This particular drink is no different. It helped me get through workouts where otherwise I would've felt tired deep into the workout. Playing basketball is where I felt the most difference. On weeks where I would forget the drink and have to just drink water I was a little more sore than on weeks I was able to take a couple of scoops of this stuff and mix it in my water. I remember thinking about this one Monday morning when I woke up and didn't really ache all over like I had in previous weeks. That sold me. Since then I have used BCAA's as my basketball drink.

I found 30 servings on Amazon for $10. BB.com also has 2 30 serving tubs for $28. Either way you go it is cheaper than a lot of BCAA drinks I have tried in the past.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

Once again, thank you to SR.com and RSP for this wonderful opportunity. I always look forward to trying products I wouldn't otherwise. I really think I will continue to use REGEN for a while. I like everything about it. Most of all, I like the price. If I can continue to get BCAA's for this price I don't see any reason to pay more.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improves Recovery
    • Hydration
    • Small Pump
    • Excellent Value
    • Effective BCAA Dosage

Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
      What up folks?!? I was fortunate enough to score a pretty solid protein powder from My Protein using the sr.com TROOP program. So, let me start by saying THANKS to SR.com and My Protein. I must say I was pretty amazed when I received the big container rather than the smaller one. That was a pleasant surprise. You guys ROCK even more for that.

25g's of a Whey Protein blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Protein Hydrolysate) per scoop is solid in my opinion. One of the higher amounts per scoop in the industry.

Cocoa Powder- This is b...

Cocoa Powder- This is because I received the Chocolate Fudge I'm sure.

It also has some other ingredients in it such as Aminogen (Proteases), Salt (Sodium Chloride), Digezyme, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Aminogen was a term I had heard but was unaware of what it was supposed to do. According to my research Aminogen is a compound that allows for the complete absorption of protein in the body. If this true then this alone can help set THEWHEY apart from other whey protein powders.

Digezyme- These enzymes help break down carbohydrates, lactose, cellulosic fibers, fats and proteins. Once again, good to have in your system if the do what they're supposed to do.

Xanthum Gum- Another weird ingredient I had to look up. Research says it is a polysaccharide composed of glucose, mannose, and glucuronic acid. It is used in foods as a thickener which tells me exactly why it is in this powder. To thicken it.

Acesulfame Potassium is a calorie-free sugar substitute (artificial sweetener).

Taste- Like I said earlier I received the Chocolate Fudge flavor. I've never met a chocolate protein powder that I didn't like and this one was no different. It had smooth first sip to me and the after taste wasn't bad like some that I have tried. No chalky taste. PSA though.... just like chocolate milk I do not recommend drinking this after brushing your teeth. LOL.

Mixability- Mixes like most protein powders do. Just fine. There wasn't any clumpiness. I was able to make a few smoothies and mix it in my oatmeal as well with no problems.

Dosing- It's pretty simple. I took 1-1.5 scoops each time I would use the powder. That got me 25-37.5g's of protein. I didn't drink it regularly because I still try and eat as much protein as I can but I still managed to get one after workouts and a few in the mornings.

It did exactly what I have come to expect from my protein powders. It helped me with recovery after my workouts. It's hard to judge true effectiveness from a protein powder that is designed for consumption to help you gain muscle, and recover from tough workouts. I was able to use this at the end of my cut phase and I didn't have any real soreness. I feel like THEWHEY was partially responsible for that. I didn't have any bloating or gassiness from taking this that I could tell. This lets me know that it is a grade A protein. ON's 100% Whey and KING WHEY by RCCS are two of my favorite proteins and I would say this is on the same level.

$31 for 30 Servings and $55 for 60 servings is right on par with my two favorite proteins and better than a few more that I like. For the amino profile you get along with the 25g's per scoop I would say it's a solid price. Don't mind paying this much for this product AT ALL!!

Side Effects

Like I said earlier, no gas and no bloating. This makes me a happy man.

Conclusion

In conclusion, THEWHEY showed me and my body that you can get grade A protein powders from companies you haven't heard of before. These guys really did a solid job in developing this protein. Big SHOUTOUT to My Protein and sr.com for this opportunity. You guys did not disappoint and for that I say thank you!
      • Great Mixability
      • Taste Good
      • Great In Water Or Milk
      • Great Recovery

Thanks to Raw Iron Performance for sending it out!
        What's up ladies and gents! I wanted to review Raw Iron Performance's (RIP) preworkout called Evolve. First, let me say thank you to Raw Iron Performance and SR.com for giving the small people like me the chance to try these products. I really appreciate it. I have become a pretty regular preworkout taker over the years. Every once in awhile I give myself a few weeks off to try and reset my central nervous system. I took a few weeks off of taking it and so I was excited to try Evolve when I saw it was available to try.

I am always pretty stoked when I see a p...

I am always pretty stoked when I see a product that lists its ingredients individually rather than as a prop blend. Evolve does just this. I enjoy knowing exactly what I'm putting in my body so that I know what I am supposed to expect. Over the last few years I cannot remember buying a preworkout that was a prop blend. Kudos to RIP for doing this.

If you're reading this you probably know what to expect from ingredients like Citruline Maleate(6g's), caffeine(300mg's), Beta Alanine(2.5g's), and agmatine sulfate(1g). If you don't then definitely look them up and you will begin to see why people enjoy a certain amount of each of these in their preworkouts.

I usually use this section to tell you about ingredients that you and I may not know about.

Choline Bitarirate is a brain supplement than can help almost everyone get more out of their brain. It is a natural nutrient that is already found within our body and even is produced internally, although on a very limited basis. It is found in a number of different food sources like eggs, meat, fish, peanuts, broccoli, and other foods. Choline Bitartrate is simply Choline combined with a chemical salt to help its absorption. Within the brain, this nutrient supports nerve development and the growth and production of cell membranes. It also actually repairs old and worn out cell membranes, helping them to continue functioning properly. The FDA has established the recommended dosage of Choline at 550 mg for men each day and for women is 425 mg daily. As you can see by the label you get 1g per serving so on the days you take this you are getting more than enough which studies show is ok. Some sites even say you can take as much as 3g's per day with no side effects.

Beet Root Extract- Beets are used along with medications in the treatment of liver diseases and fatty liver. They are also used to help lower levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood, lower blood pressure, and to improve athletic performance.

Orchilean, also known as Cymbidium Goeringii Extract is an adaptogenic herb derived from the Noble orchid a flowering plant used in traditional medicine in China, Nepal and Northern India. In it's natural form Cymbidium Goeringii is a botanical tonic that can greatly improve the body's ability to increase energy levels and adapt to stress. You put your body under a lot of stress while working out so it would only seem natural to take have a supplement in your preworkout that would help your body deal with the stress you are putting it under. Orchilean works to help the body adapt to various stressful challenges such as those during high intensity training or environmental stressors including pollutants and toxins.

Kegilia Africanus Extract- This one I had no clue about so I had to look up some things on it. According to some websites I looked at is seems as if it is an extract of African plant commonly known as the sausage tree. The research on this ingredient is limited, but it does appear to have skin-soothing and antioxidant properties. If my preworkout wants to help my skin as well then I'm all for it. :)

So there is some information for you on some ingredients you probably aren't to familiar with that just happen to be in this particular preworkout.

Taste- Taste was good to me. Just saw one flavor and that was the one I received raspberry lemonade. It's actually one of the better tasting preworkouts I've had. Mixing was not an issue I would throw in a scoop of creatine and it mixed about as well as I could've expected considering creatine doesn't really mix well with anything. When I mixed it by itself it didn't seem to have any grittiness or "frothiness" at the top either. Dosing is pretty standard as well. If you are stim sensitive start with a 1/2 scoop. If you aren't go for the full dose of 1 scoop.

The first few times I took it I felt like I couldn't stop talking to people. I had jitters like crazy but I like that. If that's not your thing then you might want to consider the 1/2 scoop option. Once I got into the workout I was able to focus and go hard and get through some grueling workouts. The first couple of weeks I felt like I was dragging towards the end of my workouts. However, once I started taking Evolve I had the energy I needed during and even after my workouts. Not going to lie thought, those first 5-10 minutes in the gym I felt like I wanted to talk to everyone and that's not really my style. I like to get in and get done. I can't knock the product for this though. I learned to control it and it was fine. Just giving you a warning. The other noticeable thing with Evolve is the pump I received. It was exactly what I expected with 6g's of Cit Mal in it. I always enjoy a good solid pump. It's a big motivator to me while in the gym. While taking this I started a high rep workout program so that definitely helped the pump as well. So overall, the energy was great, the pump was great, and I didn't really crash like I have with other products.

$37.99 for 25 servings is where it gets me though. I like Evolve. If I was out in the market for a PWO though I might be more prone to pickup some Outlift or others instead of Evolve. If they were to drop the price to around $30 for 25 servings I could see myself picking up another bottle. I don't like paying $1.50/serving for anything if I don't have to. Not saying I wouldn't but I would try to catch a deal on this.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any real side effects except the jitters I had for the first 5-10 minutes I was in the gym causing me to want to talk a lot.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Evolve is a SOLID preworkout that I feel you should try at least once. That way you can see if you like it. I haven't seen many reviews on it but I can't imagine that there are folks out there who don't like it. It' has a solid ingredient profile, taste great, and WORKS! What more can you ask for? A cheaper price maybe?? Once again, thanks to the folks at RIP (Raw Iron Performance) and sr.com for allowing me to give this a shot. I appreciate it.
        • Endurance
        • Solid Focus
        • Solid Performance

Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!
        Hey there... I'm here today to review another product I received from the SR.com for being a TROOP'er. As always, I really appreciate all these opportunities. I was in the last stages of a cut so I wanted something that was supposed to keep my focus. I was following Jim Stoppani's Showtime routine and nutrition plan for the last four weeks so I knew energy would be at a premium the last couple of weeks. When I saw Will Power, by Iron Addicts, I immediately knew I wanted it. Anything someone like CT Fletcher makes I have to try. That guy has been getting me pumped for the last few years or so just on his videos.

----Ingredient Profile---

There were a few ingredients on the label I was familiar with. Then I came across a few that I wasn't so familiar with. I had to go do some research to look up the following:

2- Aminoisoheptane- It is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Eria jarensis extract is an interesting ingredient that is tipped by many in the supplement industry as being the new replacement to DMAA and also many of the stronger stimulants that have since fallen by the wayside. It is still relatively new in the world of supplements, but is slowly finding its way into more and more pre workout supplements and fat burners.

Green Tea Extract at 500 mg's a serving was pretty legit I thought as well.

There isn't a taste to the pills you take. You don't have to mix them with anything and I took one pill on an empty stomach in the morning and usually another pill mid afternoon between meals 4-5.

Like I said in the beginning, I knew I would need a fat burner that would provide sufficient energy on weeks 3 and 4 because the nutrition plan I was on was cutting carbs to 100 a day followed by 50 a day in the last week. That's a far cry from the 200-300 I had worked in during previous weeks. The appetite suppressant was quite good. I didn't, at any time, feel like I was going to fall off the wagon and eat something I shouldn't have. Will Power did not disappoint when it came to energy for the gym either. I used a preworkout for any morning cardio sessions so when I went in the afternoon/evenings to lift weights I wanted solid energy and focus and that's exactly what I got with Will Power. I didn't have any problems finishing each workout and remaining focused throughout. For that alone I think it's worth giving it another shot. MY diet stayed on point for the 30 days I was on Will Power so I was able to really see some solid fat loss during those last 4 weeks. 13lbs to be exact in that last 4 week span to be exact. 25 in all.

Cheapest I can find Will Power is at $39.99 online. That's right on par with some of the other fat burners I've taken. I'd still like to see it a little lower, but since it works I'd buy a bottle for that price.

Side Effects

Didn't really notice any side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, let me say I DEFINITELY recommend this product if you are looking for a fat burner that gives you a solid amount of energy with no jitters and the focus you need to stay on task in the gym. The appetite suppressant in it makes it easier to stay on task and not eat them unwanted calories while trying to cut a little weight. Thanks again to Iron Addicts and SR.com for this opportunity. I really appreciate it.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Energy Lasts Hours
        • Increased Focus
        • Good Appetite Suppressant

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
        What up ladies and gents? I'm here today to tell you what I think of Redcon1's Total War preworkout. I took this product while in the heart of a cut. I knew going into a cut that I would need some serious energy in my preworkout so when I saw SR.com offering this to the TROOPers I thought it was some kind of fate :) I saw the ingredient label and knew immediately that I wanted to try this so that I could compare it to the others that look to have some similar ingredients.

NO PROP BLEND....That alone will get you two thumbs up in my world. Throw in 6g's of Citruline Maleate and you are speaking my language. There's your basic solid preworkout ingredients like caffeine, Taurine, Beta Alanine, and Agmatine Sulfate, and then there are a few that make me pull up the old Google and read about....

N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate, better known as eria jarensis. N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate is a class of PEAs that helps with mental focus during training and helps you feel good long after your workout is over. I can attest to this... I felt a really good focus and a great mood when finished with my workouts. I'm sure the endorphins and the clean eating had something to do with it as well but I felt "better" at the end of the workouts than I have in the past.

2-aminoisoheptane is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is said to be derived from a plant species known as Aconitum Kusnezoffii, however, it's most likely synthetically made. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Higenamine HCL is derived from a wide variety of plants and works on the body as a stimulant. It has the dual purpose of targeting muscle areas with companion effects, meaning it causes some muscles to slow down their contractions and others to speed up their rate.

It contains a few other common preworkout ingredients. I posted a picture of the label for your viewing pleasure if you want to checkout the doses of each individual ingredients.

Taste- I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor and it wasn't bad at all. I actually prefer strawberry flavored preworkouts over most flavors.

Mixability- It seemed to mix just fine for me. No clumping. There was a little grittiness with the last swallow but that's a given for just about any preworkout.

Dosing- I just hit one scoop with about 8-10 oz of water about 20-30 minutes before I hit the gym. My wife tried a couple of scoops as well but she takes her preworkout in the form of a shot (no more than 4oz of water) and she said it seemed a little to sweet with just 4 oz of water.

I loved my time in the gym after taking Total War. I felt really good throughout the workout and after as well. The energy was sustainable and did the job to get me through several hard leg days. I was thoroughly surprised that when I took it on an empty stomach I didn't have bathroom issues like I do with other preworkouts. May have been the extremely clean eating I was doing but... who really knows

$35-$40 for 30 servings seems about right when you compare it to other preworkouts that offer much of the same ingredients and doses. A little over a $1 a serving seems to be about what the others are at as well. I don't mind paying for what you get and with no prop blend I know EXACTLY what I'm getting.

Side Effects

Surprisingly NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really liked Total War and plan on trying the other flavors they offer as well. The label shows you what you get. The flavor tastes fine. You get a great pump and good amount of energy from taking it and it helps give you the focus you need to complete the tough workouts. Thanks to Redcon1 and SR.com for this opportunity. It means a lot to people like me that our opinions are valued and trusted.
        • Extreme Focus
        • Great Value
        • Clinical Dosing For Ingredients
        • Great Pump
        • Great Endurance
        • Great Dosages
        • No Proprietary Blends
        • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime

Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!
        Hey fit fam!! I picked up a bag of this Whey Protein from Catalyst.com because I had never tried a grass fed whey protein before. Based on what I had researched I decided to give it a shot to see if it was any different than the other whey proteins I had tried. I appreciate Strength.com and SR.com partnering to allow us to try out product like this.

Grass fed Whey Protein Blend- 3:1 isolate to concentrate ratio. Pretty self explanatory. If you are into fitness and nutrition then you already know what this is. The website strength.com claims Grass Fed Whey is the new, cutting-edge standard that high performance athletes, trainers and coaches can trust. Grass Fed Whey is hormone free with no banned substances and features all-natural Stevia for a rich dessert-like taste you'll love.

Other ingredients in the Belgian Choc are Cocoa Bean Powder, Dextrose, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Stevia rebaudiana Leaf Extract.

I feel like I should mention here that it also only has a half gram of fat and only 3 carbs per scoop as well. That is EXCELLENT for a protein powder if you are looking to cut some weight.

Taste- The taste is GREAT! I thought it might taste a little different than other proteins I was used to since it had stevia added to it. It did.... it actually tasted better than a few of the proteins I've had in the past. I was impressed with the Belgian Chocolate I received.

Mixability- Mixes great. No clumping, no "frothiness" at the top for me.

Dosing- One scoop with about 6-10 ounces of water depending on how thick you like your shakes.

I must say. I thought it was just as effective as the other protein powders I have used in the past. It's really hard to tell with protein powders if one is better than the other. That's the big problem. If you are a stickler about being all natural and using no banned substances like a lot of folks are then you would definitely be interested in this. If that stuff doesn't matter to you then you are probably going to stick to the normal powders because of the cost.

Stength.com has it listed for 44.99 for the chocolate currently. The strawberry is on sale for $35.99. Both prices are for 2lbs. This is pretty much par for whey protein blends. I tried to find it in a bigger size but can only seem to find it in 2lbs. A bigger size might cost more and scare the consumer away I suppose but if someone doesn't mind the cost then it might be beneficial to make a bigger size. Very few give you a 3:1 ratio of proteins. So on that note it seems to make it worth the extra $5-$10 you will spend for this. I would definitely recommend it if you could find it on sale somewhere. Paying full price might be a bit to steep for the average Joe.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I liked the taste the best of anything with this. I love that its from grass fed sources. It's got an extremely low fat and carb profile which helps when you are cutting. My only issue is the cost. If they brought it down to a normal price of around $35.99 (their current sale price) then I might be even more likely to recommend it to folks. Once, again I would like to thank both strength.com and sr.com for the opportunity to review this product. I really appreciate it.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Lower In Sodium
        • Grass Fed Sources
        • Great Tasting
        • Low Fat And Carb Profile
        • Naturally Sweetened
        • Mostly Isolate
        • Only Available In 2 Lbs

(SR paid for product; Insane Labz did not participate)
        What up! I am here today to give you another fabulous review a GREAT product I received from Sr.com. I am a HUGE proponent of recovery. Especially if you go hard in the gym like I do. I have always tried to take something to get me into that deep REM sleep. When I saw RIP I thought, "What the heck. Let's see what it's about". Glad I did.

LOVE the individual ingredients being listed. Anymore, I don't even mess with prop blends. The label lists 5 ingredients. I had to research a couple to see how they were supposed to work.

Phenibut- Phenibut is a chemical simi...

Phenibut- Phenibut is a chemical similar to a brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). This kind of through me for a loop considering the product also has GAMA in it. Then I got to researching it's purpose and found that Phenibut is used for anxiety, fear, trouble sleeping (insomnia), tension, stress, fatigue, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, alcoholism, and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for improving memory, learning, and thinking. At that point I realized that it wasn't such a bad thing to have both in a product.

GABA-(gamma-aminobutyric acid )- GABA is a neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between nerve cells in the brain. People take GABA as a supplement to try to, improve mood, relieve anxiety, and improve sleep.

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)- 5-HTP is a chemical by-product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It is also produced commercially from the seeds of an African plant known as Griffonia simplicifolia. It is used for sleep disorders such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, migraine and tension-type headaches, fibromyalgia, obesity, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), seizure disorder, and Parkinson's disease.

Valerian Root Extract- Valerian is an herb. Medicine is made from the root. Valerian is most commonly used for sleep disorders, especially the inability to sleep (insomnia). It is frequently combined with hops, lemon balm, or other herbs that also cause drowsiness.

Melatonin- We all know what melatonin is used for.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Taste- N/A

Dosing- I would always take 2 pills about 30 minutes before I would go to bed along with my casein shake.

Mixability- N/A

LIGHTS OUT! I was on a cut during the time that I was taking RIP. I knew recovery would be key for my body since I was in a depleted state from my eating and working out. My workouts were exhausting so I was pretty tired anyway. Before I started taking RIP I would toss and turn at night and found myself awake 3-4 times a night. From the first time I took RIP until the last time I would sleep all night. The best part about it was my mood the next morning. My wife made several comments about how improved my moods were in the morning (not a morning person AT ALL). The last week I took it I found myself wide awake after about 8 hours of sleep and not wanting to sleep anymore.

The only place I could find it was on the Insane Labz website. It was $54.99 for a 30 day supply. Although I do believe that is high at over a $1 a serving I wouldn't mind at all spending my money on it. Especially on a cut. I've taken products like this in the past that came nowhere close to this but still charged around the same price.

Side Effects

Unless you call being dead to the world a side effect there aren't any.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really enjoyed this product from Insane Labz. It helped me stay focused on my cut by giving me the rest and recovery I desperately needed. If you are in the market for a solid R&R product I encourage you to give this product a try. I don't think you will be disappointed at all. A BIG shoutout to sr.com for the TROOP program. You guys are the BOMB!!!
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Deep Sleep
        • Great Recovery

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
        Hey ladies and gents!! I am here today to review another product I had the opportunity to review thanks to the great guys/gals at SR.com and VMI Sports. I have tried another one of VMI's products earlier and so when I saw Vasogen I thought it won't let me down either. The previous product, agmapure, didn't disappoint so my thought process was that this wouldn't either. I am still cutting (20lbs down), and am always looking to get a better pump in the gym. I LOVE pump products because, let's be serious, who doesn't want to look as big as possible in the gym? Who doesn't want to have veins popping at any given moment.

Prop blend warning!!! The label gives you 5 individual ingredients to start with and then throws you a curve ball with a prop blend of some ingredients that I feel should be listed inidividually. I'm cool with knowing how much sodium, taurine, and chloride are in the mix, but I would rather know how much agmatine sulfate, and theobromine are in it. The label doesn't list them so I'm not sure if there is enough of a dosage in it to get me where I want to be based on what I took when it was just agmatine sulfate by itself. I did find a couple of interesting ingredients in it that made me use my internet research skills to find out what they were in there for. I'll share below:

Hawthorne Berry Powder may help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It's suppose to support the beneficial gut flora aka "good bacteria" that promotes nutrient digestion. The research shows it can calm your nerves with a touch of hawthorn berry powder in your diet. Hawthorn berries promote blood circulation throughout the body, which helps lower blood pressure and relieve tension. One study examined the effects of hawthorn supplementation on patients with generalized anxiety disorder. The study concluded that hawthorn was more effective at reducing anxiety than the placebo.

Schisandra Berry Powder- I have never seen this ingredient before so I got to reading up on it. Schisandra is a plant. The fruit is used as food and also to make medicine. Schisandra is used as an "adaptogen" for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing energy, and increasing physical performance and endurance. It is also used for preventing early aging and increasing lifespan; normalizing blood sugar and blood pressure; and stimulating the immune system and speeding recovery after surgery. It is also used for treating liver disease (hepatitis) and protecting the liver from poisons.

The taste is a little overbearing if you drink it by itself. Very TART. I mixed it, most of the time, with my preworkout which was also a blue raspberry flavor so it masked the taste much better. After I ran out of the preworkout I had to drink it by itself and I wasn't fond of it at all.

Mixability- It mixes well. By itself, with a PWO, it doesn't matter. No complaints on that part.

Dosing- I started with one scoop by itself. Then went to two by itself. Finally, I started mixing two scoops with my PWO with two scoops. At two scoops you are only getting 15 servings so that makes it a bit rough on the pocketbook.

----Effectiveness---

I found two scoops with my PWO did the best for me. The one scoop isn't for a 200lb+ man/woman. I tried and the pumps just weren't there. Almost felt like I hadn't taken anything and it was the "normal" gym pump. I highly recommend two scoops if you are my size or bigger. If you are under the 200 mark you may be able to get away with one scoop.

This is where it gets tricky. It's a pump product. Nothing more, nothing less. I found one site selling it for $40/30servings. I can't justify that for a pump product when there are preworkouts out there with great pump ingredients that don't cost that. The cheapest I was able to find it was $30/30 servings. If you have to take two scoops like me then it becomes pricey at $30/15 servings. That I might be able to get with if you were wanting to get a pump without the jitters of a stimulant PWO or no PWO at all. However, I would only buy it if I had extra money.

Side Effects

NONE!!!

Conclusion

In conclusion, Vasogen is a good product by itself. It can be a GREAT product when combined appropriately with a solid preworkout. I'm not sure I would ever take it by itself, but that's me. I can honestly say that if I was asked for a recommendation on a pump product I would still recommend this. I just wish I knew exactly how much agmapure is in it. It seems to be a lower dosage then I had tried before when I just took agmapure by itself. Again, a special thank you to the folks at SR.com and VMI Sports for working together to provide us with the outstanding opportunities. Keep em coming.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Solid Pumps
        • Improved Vascularity
        • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
        • Prop Blend
        • Under Dosed Ingredients
        • Filler Ingredients

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
        Hey there fit fam! I am here to drop a few lines on what I think of Sleep Boost by Nature Restore. I have tried a couple of sleep aids a couple of years ago and one I really liked and the other.... Not so much. One would make me extremely groggy. The other made me feel great the next morning. Because of this I was skeptical about trying Sleep Boost because I was afraid that it would give me the groggy feeling. I have been trying to cut weight for the last 8 weeks now and it is going great. This was another reason why I wanted this sleep aid. My workouts are grueling. My carbs are low. Therefore I knew that my sleep was paramount.

The ingredient profile isn't hard to understand and doesn't have a lot of ingredients that I've never heard of. However, there were a few. I had to look up Magnesium Glycinate and a couple of the ingredients in the prop blend they have listed.

Magnesium Glycinate is made up of magnesium, an essential mineral, and glycine, a non-essential amino acid. It is easily absorbed by your body, likely because it gets carried to your cells bound to the amino acid. Magnesium deficiency most often occurs because it is not abundant in food sources. For your brain to produce melatonin properly, it must first bind to magnesium in your blood. For this reason, if you have a magnesium deficiency, you may have trouble regulating your sleep cycles. Magnesium glycinate supplements may help to increase the amount of melatonin your body produces because it is readily absorbed by your body, allowing magnesium to reach your brain more easily.

I have attached the ingredient label for you to see the other ingredients listed on the label.

There wasn't any taste to the pills I took. That's another thing I enjoyed. My previous sleep aids were liquids and one tasted like cough syrup to me.

You don't mix it with anything. There just pills

Dosing is simple. About 30 minutes before you want to lay down and go to sleep pop 3 of these things and get ready for a GREAT nights sleep.

The first night I slept like a baby. I woke up feeling refreshed. My quality of sleep made it easy for me to get out of bed and start my day without a second thought. The last day I took these also made it just as easy. I skipped one or two days during this period just to see if I would still sleep as deep and I did not. I found myself waking up 4-5 times a night and tossing and turning.

I found this on Amazon for right at $20 for a 30 day supply. That I'm ok with. This makes it cheaper than the previous sleep aids I used as well. I definitely don't mind paying this much for what I get. I am currently taking another sleep aid since I have ran out of this and am trying to compare the two. Once I complete this new one I will compare and decide which one I feel is better for me. Cost will play a huge part in this.

Side Effects

ZERO SIDE EFFECTS

Conclusion

In conclusion, if you are looking for a good nights sleep, forget looking for a new pillow or new mattress. Buy Sleep Boost. I don't care where you are when it's time to go to bed, Sleep Boost will knock you out and give you a great nights sleep. I would DEFNITELY recommend this to my fellow gym rats. If you have never tried a sleep aid or you have had a bad experience I would suggest you try Sleep Boost. Thanks to Nature Restore and SR.com for this opportunity. I would have never thought about trying this product without a program like this.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Relaxation
        • Deep Sleep
        • All Natural
        • Prop Blend