wjmathewsx

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 3 weeks ago
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by wjmathewsx

Thanks to Vaxxen Labs for sending it out!
  July 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Endurance
  • Pumps
  • Razor Focus
  • Tunnel Vision
  • Great All-Around Ingredient Profile
Hey guys and gals. I had the pleasure of trying Fulcrum through the SR TROOPer program. Let me start by saying thanks to sr.com and Vaxxen Labs. You guys are awesome. I, like many other people, use preworkouts for the energy, pump, and mental focus they give in the gym. I also enjoy the tingles of beta alanine.I used this product at the end of a 20lb cut so I definitely needed some energy for workouts. Heck, I even took it on a non-workout day just because I needed some energy and it sure beats the heck out of them store bough energy drinks.

It's a fully disclo...

It's a fully disclosed label, and for that alone I liked the product. "Energy Blends" and other proprietary blends get on my nerves because I never know exactly what I'm getting in a product. With Fulcrum that's not the case. As far as ingredients go it has some basic energy supps such as B6, and B12. Some other ingredients you may or may not know about are as follows:

Citruline Maleate- Cit Mal helps open up the blood flow. It is used by some to get an huge pump while working out because, lets face it, everyone wants a pump in the gym. A clinical dose is 6g's but this product comes with 4g's. Not bad considering some preworkouts don't have any.

Oxystorm- Now this is one I had to look up. According to my research Oxystorm is an extract of red spinach (Amaranthus dubius) - one of the richest sources of nitrate in nature. A patent-pending production process delivers the highest nitrate content ingredient from the leaves of red spinach - 9000 mg/100 g - with more than five times the amount of nitrate as beetroot powder and more than 50 times beet juice.

Alpha GPC- Alpha-GPC seems to increase a chemical in the brain called acetylcholine. This brain chemical is important for memory and learning functions.

Caffeine is at 350mg/s per scoop. If you are a stim junkie then this is no big deal to you. If you are not you might want to start with just a half scoop.

There are a few more ingredients in it. I have attached a label at the bottom for you to see what exactly is in the product.

Taste-I had Bombsicle. Need I say more? It was BOMB-licious. One of the few preworkouts I didn't have to choke down. One of the few that didn't have a nasty after taste.

Mixability- It mixes well. A little bit of frothiness at the top if shaken but none hardly when stirred. I will warn you though that if you shake it and don't stir it people around you may think a small bomb went off when you open it. I scared my wife the first couple of times I did it. No grittiness. Overall GREAT mixability.

Dosing- I took one scoop and drank it slowly about 30 minutes before I started working out. Not going to lie.... I tried a "BIG" scoop (filled over the top) once and it wasn't a good idea. lol.

I like the effectiveness of Fulcrum. I like to drink my preworkout slow so I start sipping about 10-15 minutes before I finish the drink. Once I finish the last sip its about 15-20 more minutes before I walk into the gym. By this time I can usually tell if a preworkout is effective. Fulcrum was definitely effective within that timeframe and actually a little bit sooner. I felt the tunnel vision from the time I walked into the gym til the time I left. I was able to stay focused throughout the workouts. Energy was crazy. I felt great. The most important thing to me was that there was NO CRASH!! I hate it when I leave the gym and all I want to do is take a nap. The pump was a little better than normal pump and I attribute that to the 4g/s of Cit Mal in it.

Seems like no matter where I went to look for the price it came back at $39.99 for 25 servings. Maybe this was because I could only find it at a few select sites?? This is pretty steep considering there are preworkouts out there that cost the same but give you clinical doses of key ingredients. However, I feel it's not a bad price considering what you get in the preworkout itself.

Side Effects

DO NOT TAKE ON EMPTY STOMACH!! :)

Conclusion

In conclusion, I'd recommend this to a friend. It tastes good, mixes well, and has a solid ingredient profile. I love trying different preworkouts so I can compare them with others. Fulcrum is definitely in my top 10. Once again, thanks to Sr.com and Vaxxen Labs for giving me the opportunity to give this a try. You guys ROCK!

July 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Loss
  • Good For Health
  • Joint Support
  • Fully Disclosed Label
    Hey there. Let me start by saying thanks to RSP and SR.com for sending this product out to the amateur folks like myself to try. I was a little skeptical about getting some fish oil to review because it's not something that you can necessarily feel working like you can with preworkouts and other supplements. You pretty much have to go based on how you feel before you start taking the product and compare it to how you felt while taking it. I used to take fish oil daily for about 5 years. The last year or so I haven't taken it so when I saw it I thought that now might be the time to try it once again. Glad I did.

A fully disclosed label is always appreciated. When I saw that it was more than just a fish oil I was highly surprised. CLA, EPA, DHA, GLA are all solid ingredients for a fat burning fish oil pill. Below I break down what you can expect from each ingredient.

CLA (Conjugated linoleic acid) refers to a group of chemicals found in the fatty acid linoleic acid. Dairy products and beef are the major dietary sources. Conjugated linoleic acid is used for cancer, "hardening of the arteries" (atherosclerosis), obesity, weight loss caused by chronic disease, bodybuilding, and limiting food allergy reactions. I have taken CLA over the years to aid in fat loss.

EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) is a fatty acid found in the flesh of cold water fish, including mackerel, herring, tuna, halibut, salmon, cod liver, whale blubber, or seal blubber. EPA is used for high blood pressure in high-risk pregnancies (eclampsia), age-related macular degeneration (AMD), heart disease, schizophrenia, personality disorder, cystic fibrosis, Alzheimer's disease, depression, and diabetes.

DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid) is also found in the same stuff that EPA is found in but don't get them confused. DHA is used for treating type 2 diabetes, coronary artery disease (CAD), dementia, and attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD).

GLA (Gamma linoleic acid) is a fatty substance found in various plant seed oils such as borage oil and evening primrose oil. People use it as medicine. Gamma linoleic acid is an omega-6 fatty acid, which the body can convert to substances that reduce inflammation and cell growth.

Taste- Well, it doesn't taste going down, but it "tastes like fish" when you burp it up. Lol. The only time I didn't burp it up was when I took it with food.

Mixability- I would take this with a couple of different supplements. Multi-Vitamins, fat burners etc...

Dosing- I started with one dose once a day and switched it up to 2X and even 3X a day with meals.

*WARNING* If you have a hard time with horse pills then be warned.... these things are a choking hazard. LOL

I'd like to attribute some of the weight loss I have had in the past month to the fish oil. I used this product with some other supplements while trying to cut a last few pounds on this diet and it seemed to help me in that phase as I was able to lose the last few pounds I wanted to prior to finishing this bottle. I'd also like to attribute less joint issues to this product as well. Prior to taking this I had some shoulder issues but with time and using this product I feel that the shoulder is back to normal. I have had soreness throughout multiple joints, especially my heavy lifting days, but with this the soreness wasn't as noticeable. I was very pleased with the joint health and the weight loss benefits of this product.

I look up everything on Amazon when I go to see what kind of value it has. $0.25 a serving is pretty cheap in my opinion. $15 for the bottle ranks it up there with my previous fish oil products I've taken. Both of the previous didn't have CLA in them so that's an extra plus for me. If you can get a BOGO on this then that's even better.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any side effects except the fishy taste when you take them without eating.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I've already ordered and received my 2 bottle of this. That should be a great indication that I like this product and believe it works. Once again, I appreciate the opportunity to try this product. Thank you to RSP and thank you to SR.com. You guys are the REAL MVP's!!

June 27, 2017

• Supports Metabolism
      Hey hey folks. Thank you to the folks at sr.com and RSP for allowing folks like me to give these great products a try. I am trying to stay lean this summer without stimulants that come in fat burners. I had taken a few of those but wanted to give the nervous system a break and not bombard it with the continued stimulants that come in some of these fat burners. When I saw CLA being offered I thought it might be time to give it another try. When I first got into working out 6-7 years ago I had used CLA along with other products to help get me along in the game. I never really used it by itself. It was always with a stimulant fat burner so I couldn't tell if it worked by itself. I can now.

CLA Blend- Conjugated Linoleic Acid/Safflower Oil-1,000 mg's/per capsule

CLA is a unique fatty acid clinically shown to assist in weight management, increase lean muscle mass and promote overall health. RSP Nutrition's CLA provides the amount of CLA needed to manage weight without the unwanted calories it would take to achieve through food sources. The benefits of CLA will not diminish over time so there is no need to cycle or alternate use. Consume daily with a healthy balanced diet and exercise for optimal results.

Safflower is a plant. The flower and oil from the seeds are used as medicine. Safflower seed oil is used for preventing heart disease, including "hardening of the arteries" (atherosclerosis) and stroke. It is also used to treat fever, tumors, coughs, breathing problems, clotting conditions, pain, heart disease, chest pain, and traumatic injuries. Some people use it for inducing sweating; and as a laxative, stimulant, antiperspirant, and expectorant to help loosen phlegm.

There isn't a taste to the CLA capsules I was taking. You don't mix it with anything. I started out by taking 1 capsule 2-3X a day and then halfway through I started taking 2 capsules 2-3X a day. The directions call for 1-2 pills 3X a day.

CLA helped me lose a little weight throughout the last month or so. I was able to lose 2.5lbs from day one through the last day. 2.5 real pounds. Not just water weight. I didn't change my eating. I did do a little more cardio because I am getting ready for an Air Force PT test but not a lot. I can see changes in the muscle mass over the last month and I have to believe that CLA helped me achieve some of that.

I have seen this product on a 2 for $15 on bb.com. That's 180 pills for $15. I saw a better deal on there too because right now the 180 ct is on sale for BOGO for $18. That's 360 pills which, if taken by direction, is 2-4 months worth. That's pretty good for something that can help your metabolism.

Side Effects

Never really noticed any side effects. I always took with a shake or some food. Not sure how it would react on an empty stomach.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I was skeptical on whether or not just taking my normal multi and some fish oil with my CLA would work as well as it did but it did. I'm happy to recommend RSP's CLA to anyone looking for a stimulant free way of losing weight. It's definitely worth a shot. Finally, thanks again to you guys at sr.com and RSP for allowing this amateur to try this product. Means a lot to guys/gals like me. Take care!!

June 22, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improves Recovery
      • Hydration
      • Small Pump
      • Excellent Value
      • Effective BCAA Dosage
        Big shout out to RSP and Sr.com for the opportunity to give Regen BCAA's a try. Thanks so much. I am a pretty big proponent of keeping BCAA's in your stack. I have had BCAA's in my stack for the last 4-5 years and using a product like this sure helps me think I should keep'em in my stack for the future as well. I love how they keep you hydrated and help you recover from the grueling workouts you put yourself through. After all, recovery is where the muscles grow.

The ingredient profile is your basic BCAA profile. It adds Magnesium, Sodium, and Potassium to the BCAA's Leucine, Isoleucine, and valine. Citruline Maleate was a nice surprise. I wasn't expecting 1g of Cit Mal in my BCAA's but I won't be upset if that became the norm. LOL. Raw Coconut Water Concentrate to help you with hydration is something I want in all my BCAA drinks as well.

Taste- Watermelon was the flavor I received. I love watermelon flavored supplement drinks. This goes for preworkouts, protein shakes, and BCAA drinks. For some reason, I just like how it tastes. In this particular drink it was perfect for sipping throughout the workout. The flavor was light, so it was enjoyable.

Mixability- I only ever mixed it with water. It mixed just fine. Didn't have any clumping. There wasn't any frothiness and there wasn't any grittiness at the bottom. Just as good as all the other BCAA drinks I've had.

Dosing- One scoop on workout days for me. On other days I would find myself using a scoop or two for a mid afternoon drink. I play basketball on Suday evenings so I even drank it during that time as well. Just to keep me as hydrated as possible. When you have 50 servings of this stuff for as cheap as it is then you can use it anyway you see fit.

BCAA drinks are designed to help you get through tough workouts and to help you from feeling fatigued while working out. This particular drink is no different. It helped me get through workouts where otherwise I would've felt tired deep into the workout. Playing basketball is where I felt the most difference. On weeks where I would forget the drink and have to just drink water I was a little more sore than on weeks I was able to take a couple of scoops of this stuff and mix it in my water. I remember thinking about this one Monday morning when I woke up and didn't really ache all over like I had in previous weeks. That sold me. Since then I have used BCAA's as my basketball drink.

I found 30 servings on Amazon for $10. BB.com also has 2 30 serving tubs for $28. Either way you go it is cheaper than a lot of BCAA drinks I have tried in the past.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

Once again, thank you to SR.com and RSP for this wonderful opportunity. I always look forward to trying products I wouldn't otherwise. I really think I will continue to use REGEN for a while. I like everything about it. Most of all, I like the price. If I can continue to get BCAA's for this price I don't see any reason to pay more.

Overall
        Thanks to MyProtein for sending it out!
          June 2, 2017

• Great Mixability
        • Taste Good
        • Great In Water Or Milk
        • Great Recovery
          What up folks?!? I was fortunate enough to score a pretty solid protein powder from My Protein using the sr.com TROOP program. So, let me start by saying THANKS to SR.com and My Protein. I must say I was pretty amazed when I received the big container rather than the smaller one. That was a pleasant surprise. You guys ROCK even more for that.

25g's of a Whey Protein blend (Whey Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Concentrate, and Whey Protein Hydrolysate) per scoop is solid in my opinion. One of the higher amounts per scoop in the industry.

Cocoa Powder- This is b...

Cocoa Powder- This is because I received the Chocolate Fudge I'm sure.

It also has some other ingredients in it such as Aminogen (Proteases), Salt (Sodium Chloride), Digezyme, Xanthan Gum, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium.

Aminogen was a term I had heard but was unaware of what it was supposed to do. According to my research Aminogen is a compound that allows for the complete absorption of protein in the body. If this true then this alone can help set THEWHEY apart from other whey protein powders.

Digezyme- These enzymes help break down carbohydrates, lactose, cellulosic fibers, fats and proteins. Once again, good to have in your system if the do what they're supposed to do.

Xanthum Gum- Another weird ingredient I had to look up. Research says it is a polysaccharide composed of glucose, mannose, and glucuronic acid. It is used in foods as a thickener which tells me exactly why it is in this powder. To thicken it.

Acesulfame Potassium is a calorie-free sugar substitute (artificial sweetener).

Taste- Like I said earlier I received the Chocolate Fudge flavor. I've never met a chocolate protein powder that I didn't like and this one was no different. It had smooth first sip to me and the after taste wasn't bad like some that I have tried. No chalky taste. PSA though.... just like chocolate milk I do not recommend drinking this after brushing your teeth. LOL.

Mixability- Mixes like most protein powders do. Just fine. There wasn't any clumpiness. I was able to make a few smoothies and mix it in my oatmeal as well with no problems.

Dosing- It's pretty simple. I took 1-1.5 scoops each time I would use the powder. That got me 25-37.5g's of protein. I didn't drink it regularly because I still try and eat as much protein as I can but I still managed to get one after workouts and a few in the mornings.

It did exactly what I have come to expect from my protein powders. It helped me with recovery after my workouts. It's hard to judge true effectiveness from a protein powder that is designed for consumption to help you gain muscle, and recover from tough workouts. I was able to use this at the end of my cut phase and I didn't have any real soreness. I feel like THEWHEY was partially responsible for that. I didn't have any bloating or gassiness from taking this that I could tell. This lets me know that it is a grade A protein. ON's 100% Whey and KING WHEY by RCCS are two of my favorite proteins and I would say this is on the same level.

$31 for 30 Servings and $55 for 60 servings is right on par with my two favorite proteins and better than a few more that I like. For the amino profile you get along with the 25g's per scoop I would say it's a solid price. Don't mind paying this much for this product AT ALL!!

Side Effects

Like I said earlier, no gas and no bloating. This makes me a happy man.

Conclusion

In conclusion, THEWHEY showed me and my body that you can get grade A protein powders from companies you haven't heard of before. These guys really did a solid job in developing this protein. Big SHOUTOUT to My Protein and sr.com for this opportunity. You guys did not disappoint and for that I say thank you!

Thanks to Raw Iron Performance for sending it out!
            May 23, 2017

• Endurance
          • Solid Focus
          • Solid Performance
          What's up ladies and gents! I wanted to review Raw Iron Performance's (RIP) preworkout called Evolve. First, let me say thank you to Raw Iron Performance and SR.com for giving the small people like me the chance to try these products. I really appreciate it. I have become a pretty regular preworkout taker over the years. Every once in awhile I give myself a few weeks off to try and reset my central nervous system. I took a few weeks off of taking it and so I was excited to try Evolve when I saw it was available to try.

I am always pretty stoked when I see a p...

I am always pretty stoked when I see a product that lists its ingredients individually rather than as a prop blend. Evolve does just this. I enjoy knowing exactly what I'm putting in my body so that I know what I am supposed to expect. Over the last few years I cannot remember buying a preworkout that was a prop blend. Kudos to RIP for doing this.

If you're reading this you probably know what to expect from ingredients like Citruline Maleate(6g's), caffeine(300mg's), Beta Alanine(2.5g's), and agmatine sulfate(1g). If you don't then definitely look them up and you will begin to see why people enjoy a certain amount of each of these in their preworkouts.

I usually use this section to tell you about ingredients that you and I may not know about.

Choline Bitarirate is a brain supplement than can help almost everyone get more out of their brain. It is a natural nutrient that is already found within our body and even is produced internally, although on a very limited basis. It is found in a number of different food sources like eggs, meat, fish, peanuts, broccoli, and other foods. Choline Bitartrate is simply Choline combined with a chemical salt to help its absorption. Within the brain, this nutrient supports nerve development and the growth and production of cell membranes. It also actually repairs old and worn out cell membranes, helping them to continue functioning properly. The FDA has established the recommended dosage of Choline at 550 mg for men each day and for women is 425 mg daily. As you can see by the label you get 1g per serving so on the days you take this you are getting more than enough which studies show is ok. Some sites even say you can take as much as 3g's per day with no side effects.

Beet Root Extract- Beets are used along with medications in the treatment of liver diseases and fatty liver. They are also used to help lower levels of triglycerides (a type of fat) in the blood, lower blood pressure, and to improve athletic performance.

Orchilean, also known as Cymbidium Goeringii Extract is an adaptogenic herb derived from the Noble orchid a flowering plant used in traditional medicine in China, Nepal and Northern India. In it's natural form Cymbidium Goeringii is a botanical tonic that can greatly improve the body's ability to increase energy levels and adapt to stress. You put your body under a lot of stress while working out so it would only seem natural to take have a supplement in your preworkout that would help your body deal with the stress you are putting it under. Orchilean works to help the body adapt to various stressful challenges such as those during high intensity training or environmental stressors including pollutants and toxins.

Kegilia Africanus Extract- This one I had no clue about so I had to look up some things on it. According to some websites I looked at is seems as if it is an extract of African plant commonly known as the sausage tree. The research on this ingredient is limited, but it does appear to have skin-soothing and antioxidant properties. If my preworkout wants to help my skin as well then I'm all for it. :)

So there is some information for you on some ingredients you probably aren't to familiar with that just happen to be in this particular preworkout.

Taste- Taste was good to me. Just saw one flavor and that was the one I received raspberry lemonade. It's actually one of the better tasting preworkouts I've had. Mixing was not an issue I would throw in a scoop of creatine and it mixed about as well as I could've expected considering creatine doesn't really mix well with anything. When I mixed it by itself it didn't seem to have any grittiness or "frothiness" at the top either. Dosing is pretty standard as well. If you are stim sensitive start with a 1/2 scoop. If you aren't go for the full dose of 1 scoop.

The first few times I took it I felt like I couldn't stop talking to people. I had jitters like crazy but I like that. If that's not your thing then you might want to consider the 1/2 scoop option. Once I got into the workout I was able to focus and go hard and get through some grueling workouts. The first couple of weeks I felt like I was dragging towards the end of my workouts. However, once I started taking Evolve I had the energy I needed during and even after my workouts. Not going to lie thought, those first 5-10 minutes in the gym I felt like I wanted to talk to everyone and that's not really my style. I like to get in and get done. I can't knock the product for this though. I learned to control it and it was fine. Just giving you a warning. The other noticeable thing with Evolve is the pump I received. It was exactly what I expected with 6g's of Cit Mal in it. I always enjoy a good solid pump. It's a big motivator to me while in the gym. While taking this I started a high rep workout program so that definitely helped the pump as well. So overall, the energy was great, the pump was great, and I didn't really crash like I have with other products.

$37.99 for 25 servings is where it gets me though. I like Evolve. If I was out in the market for a PWO though I might be more prone to pickup some Outlift or others instead of Evolve. If they were to drop the price to around $30 for 25 servings I could see myself picking up another bottle. I don't like paying $1.50/serving for anything if I don't have to. Not saying I wouldn't but I would try to catch a deal on this.

Side Effects

Didn't notice any real side effects except the jitters I had for the first 5-10 minutes I was in the gym causing me to want to talk a lot.

Conclusion

In conclusion, Evolve is a SOLID preworkout that I feel you should try at least once. That way you can see if you like it. I haven't seen many reviews on it but I can't imagine that there are folks out there who don't like it. It' has a solid ingredient profile, taste great, and WORKS! What more can you ask for? A cheaper price maybe?? Once again, thanks to the folks at RIP (Raw Iron Performance) and sr.com for allowing me to give this a shot. I appreciate it.

Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!
            April 25, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Energy Lasts Hours
          • Increased Focus
          • Good Appetite Suppressant
          Hey there... I'm here today to review another product I received from the SR.com for being a TROOP'er. As always, I really appreciate all these opportunities. I was in the last stages of a cut so I wanted something that was supposed to keep my focus. I was following Jim Stoppani's Showtime routine and nutrition plan for the last four weeks so I knew energy would be at a premium the last couple of weeks. When I saw Will Power, by Iron Addicts, I immediately knew I wanted it. Anything someone like CT Fletcher makes I have to try. That guy has been getting me pumped for the last few years or so just on his videos.

----Ingredient Profile---

There were a few ingredients on the label I was familiar with. Then I came across a few that I wasn't so familiar with. I had to go do some research to look up the following:

2- Aminoisoheptane- It is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Eria jarensis extract is an interesting ingredient that is tipped by many in the supplement industry as being the new replacement to DMAA and also many of the stronger stimulants that have since fallen by the wayside. It is still relatively new in the world of supplements, but is slowly finding its way into more and more pre workout supplements and fat burners.

Green Tea Extract at 500 mg's a serving was pretty legit I thought as well.

There isn't a taste to the pills you take. You don't have to mix them with anything and I took one pill on an empty stomach in the morning and usually another pill mid afternoon between meals 4-5.

Like I said in the beginning, I knew I would need a fat burner that would provide sufficient energy on weeks 3 and 4 because the nutrition plan I was on was cutting carbs to 100 a day followed by 50 a day in the last week. That's a far cry from the 200-300 I had worked in during previous weeks. The appetite suppressant was quite good. I didn't, at any time, feel like I was going to fall off the wagon and eat something I shouldn't have. Will Power did not disappoint when it came to energy for the gym either. I used a preworkout for any morning cardio sessions so when I went in the afternoon/evenings to lift weights I wanted solid energy and focus and that's exactly what I got with Will Power. I didn't have any problems finishing each workout and remaining focused throughout. For that alone I think it's worth giving it another shot. MY diet stayed on point for the 30 days I was on Will Power so I was able to really see some solid fat loss during those last 4 weeks. 13lbs to be exact in that last 4 week span to be exact. 25 in all.

Cheapest I can find Will Power is at $39.99 online. That's right on par with some of the other fat burners I've taken. I'd still like to see it a little lower, but since it works I'd buy a bottle for that price.

Side Effects

Didn't really notice any side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, let me say I DEFINITELY recommend this product if you are looking for a fat burner that gives you a solid amount of energy with no jitters and the focus you need to stay on task in the gym. The appetite suppressant in it makes it easier to stay on task and not eat them unwanted calories while trying to cut a little weight. Thanks again to Iron Addicts and SR.com for this opportunity. I really appreciate it.

Overall
          Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
            April 17, 2017

• Great Endurance
          • Great Dosages
          • No Proprietary Blends
          • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime
          What up ladies and gents? I'm here today to tell you what I think of Redcon1's Total War preworkout. I took this product while in the heart of a cut. I knew going into a cut that I would need some serious energy in my preworkout so when I saw SR.com offering this to the TROOPers I thought it was some kind of fate :) I saw the ingredient label and knew immediately that I wanted to try this so that I could compare it to the others that look to have some similar ingredients.

NO PROP BLEND....That alone will get you two thumbs up in my world. Throw in 6g's of Citruline Maleate and you are speaking my language. There's your basic solid preworkout ingredients like caffeine, Taurine, Beta Alanine, and Agmatine Sulfate, and then there are a few that make me pull up the old Google and read about....

N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate, better known as eria jarensis. N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate is a class of PEAs that helps with mental focus during training and helps you feel good long after your workout is over. I can attest to this... I felt a really good focus and a great mood when finished with my workouts. I'm sure the endorphins and the clean eating had something to do with it as well but I felt "better" at the end of the workouts than I have in the past.

2-aminoisoheptane is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is said to be derived from a plant species known as Aconitum Kusnezoffii, however, it's most likely synthetically made. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Higenamine HCL is derived from a wide variety of plants and works on the body as a stimulant. It has the dual purpose of targeting muscle areas with companion effects, meaning it causes some muscles to slow down their contractions and others to speed up their rate.

It contains a few other common preworkout ingredients. I posted a picture of the label for your viewing pleasure if you want to checkout the doses of each individual ingredients.

Taste- I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor and it wasn't bad at all. I actually prefer strawberry flavored preworkouts over most flavors.

Mixability- It seemed to mix just fine for me. No clumping. There was a little grittiness with the last swallow but that's a given for just about any preworkout.

Dosing- I just hit one scoop with about 8-10 oz of water about 20-30 minutes before I hit the gym. My wife tried a couple of scoops as well but she takes her preworkout in the form of a shot (no more than 4oz of water) and she said it seemed a little to sweet with just 4 oz of water.

I loved my time in the gym after taking Total War. I felt really good throughout the workout and after as well. The energy was sustainable and did the job to get me through several hard leg days. I was thoroughly surprised that when I took it on an empty stomach I didn't have bathroom issues like I do with other preworkouts. May have been the extremely clean eating I was doing but... who really knows

$35-$40 for 30 servings seems about right when you compare it to other preworkouts that offer much of the same ingredients and doses. A little over a $1 a serving seems to be about what the others are at as well. I don't mind paying for what you get and with no prop blend I know EXACTLY what I'm getting.

Side Effects

Surprisingly NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really liked Total War and plan on trying the other flavors they offer as well. The label shows you what you get. The flavor tastes fine. You get a great pump and good amount of energy from taking it and it helps give you the focus you need to complete the tough workouts. Thanks to Redcon1 and SR.com for this opportunity. It means a lot to people like me that our opinions are valued and trusted.

Overall
          Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!
            April 13, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Grass Fed Sources
          • Low Fat And Carb Profile
          • Great Tasting
          • Lower In Sodium
          • Mostly Isolate
          • Naturally Sweetened
          • Only Available In 2 Lbs
          Hey fit fam!! I picked up a bag of this Whey Protein from Catalyst.com because I had never tried a grass fed whey protein before. Based on what I had researched I decided to give it a shot to see if it was any different than the other whey proteins I had tried. I appreciate Strength.com and SR.com partnering to allow us to try out product like this.

Grass fed Whey Protein Blend- 3:1 isolate to concentrate ratio. Pretty self explanatory. If you are into fitness and nutrition then you already know what this is. The website strength.com claims Grass Fed Whey is the new, cutting-edge standard that high performance athletes, trainers and coaches can trust. Grass Fed Whey is hormone free with no banned substances and features all-natural Stevia for a rich dessert-like taste you'll love.

Other ingredients in the Belgian Choc are Cocoa Bean Powder, Dextrose, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Stevia rebaudiana Leaf Extract.

I feel like I should mention here that it also only has a half gram of fat and only 3 carbs per scoop as well. That is EXCELLENT for a protein powder if you are looking to cut some weight.

Taste- The taste is GREAT! I thought it might taste a little different than other proteins I was used to since it had stevia added to it. It did.... it actually tasted better than a few of the proteins I've had in the past. I was impressed with the Belgian Chocolate I received.

Mixability- Mixes great. No clumping, no "frothiness" at the top for me.

Dosing- One scoop with about 6-10 ounces of water depending on how thick you like your shakes.

I must say. I thought it was just as effective as the other protein powders I have used in the past. It's really hard to tell with protein powders if one is better than the other. That's the big problem. If you are a stickler about being all natural and using no banned substances like a lot of folks are then you would definitely be interested in this. If that stuff doesn't matter to you then you are probably going to stick to the normal powders because of the cost.

Stength.com has it listed for 44.99 for the chocolate currently. The strawberry is on sale for $35.99. Both prices are for 2lbs. This is pretty much par for whey protein blends. I tried to find it in a bigger size but can only seem to find it in 2lbs. A bigger size might cost more and scare the consumer away I suppose but if someone doesn't mind the cost then it might be beneficial to make a bigger size. Very few give you a 3:1 ratio of proteins. So on that note it seems to make it worth the extra $5-$10 you will spend for this. I would definitely recommend it if you could find it on sale somewhere. Paying full price might be a bit to steep for the average Joe.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I liked the taste the best of anything with this. I love that its from grass fed sources. It's got an extremely low fat and carb profile which helps when you are cutting. My only issue is the cost. If they brought it down to a normal price of around $35.99 (their current sale price) then I might be even more likely to recommend it to folks. Once, again I would like to thank both strength.com and sr.com for the opportunity to review this product. I really appreciate it.

(SR paid for product; Insane Labz did not participate)
            April 4, 2017

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Deep Sleep
          • Great Recovery
          What up! I am here today to give you another fabulous review a GREAT product I received from Sr.com. I am a HUGE proponent of recovery. Especially if you go hard in the gym like I do. I have always tried to take something to get me into that deep REM sleep. When I saw RIP I thought, "What the heck. Let's see what it's about". Glad I did.

LOVE the individual ingredients being listed. Anymore, I don't even mess with prop blends. The label lists 5 ingredients. I had to research a couple to see how they were supposed to work.

Phenibut- Phenibut is a chemical simi...

Phenibut- Phenibut is a chemical similar to a brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). This kind of through me for a loop considering the product also has GAMA in it. Then I got to researching it's purpose and found that Phenibut is used for anxiety, fear, trouble sleeping (insomnia), tension, stress, fatigue, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, alcoholism, and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for improving memory, learning, and thinking. At that point I realized that it wasn't such a bad thing to have both in a product.

GABA-(gamma-aminobutyric acid )- GABA is a neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between nerve cells in the brain. People take GABA as a supplement to try to, improve mood, relieve anxiety, and improve sleep.

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)- 5-HTP is a chemical by-product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It is also produced commercially from the seeds of an African plant known as Griffonia simplicifolia. It is used for sleep disorders such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, migraine and tension-type headaches, fibromyalgia, obesity, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), seizure disorder, and Parkinson's disease.

Valerian Root Extract- Valerian is an herb. Medicine is made from the root. Valerian is most commonly used for sleep disorders, especially the inability to sleep (insomnia). It is frequently combined with hops, lemon balm, or other herbs that also cause drowsiness.

Melatonin- We all know what melatonin is used for.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Taste- N/A

Dosing- I would always take 2 pills about 30 minutes before I would go to bed along with my casein shake.

Mixability- N/A

LIGHTS OUT! I was on a cut during the time that I was taking RIP. I knew recovery would be key for my body since I was in a depleted state from my eating and working out. My workouts were exhausting so I was pretty tired anyway. Before I started taking RIP I would toss and turn at night and found myself awake 3-4 times a night. From the first time I took RIP until the last time I would sleep all night. The best part about it was my mood the next morning. My wife made several comments about how improved my moods were in the morning (not a morning person AT ALL). The last week I took it I found myself wide awake after about 8 hours of sleep and not wanting to sleep anymore.

The only place I could find it was on the Insane Labz website. It was $54.99 for a 30 day supply. Although I do believe that is high at over a $1 a serving I wouldn't mind at all spending my money on it. Especially on a cut. I've taken products like this in the past that came nowhere close to this but still charged around the same price.

Side Effects

Unless you call being dead to the world a side effect there aren't any.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really enjoyed this product from Insane Labz. It helped me stay focused on my cut by giving me the rest and recovery I desperately needed. If you are in the market for a solid R&R product I encourage you to give this product a try. I don't think you will be disappointed at all. A BIG shoutout to sr.com for the TROOP program. You guys are the BOMB!!!