wjmathewsx

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by wjmathewsx

(Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!)
Hey there... I'm here today to review another product I received from the SR.com for being a TROOP'er. As always, I really appreciate all these opportunities. I was in the last stages of a cut so I wanted something that was supposed to keep my focus. I was following Jim Stoppani's Showtime routine and nutrition plan for the last four weeks so I knew energy would be at a premium the last couple of weeks. When I saw Will Power, by Iron Addicts, I immediately knew I wanted it. Anything someone like CT Fletcher makes I have to try. That guy has been getting me pumped for the last few years or so just on his videos.

----Ingredient Profile---

There were a few ingredients on the label I was familiar with. Then I came across a few that I wasn't so familiar with. I had to go do some research to look up the following:

2- Aminoisoheptane- It is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Eria jarensis extract is an interesting ingredient that is tipped by many in the supplement industry as being the new replacement to DMAA and also many of the stronger stimulants that have since fallen by the wayside. It is still relatively new in the world of supplements, but is slowly finding its way into more and more pre workout supplements and fat burners.

Green Tea Extract at 500 mg's a serving was pretty legit I thought as well.

There isn't a taste to the pills you take. You don't have to mix them with anything and I took one pill on an empty stomach in the morning and usually another pill mid afternoon between meals 4-5.

Like I said in the beginning, I knew I would need a fat burner that would provide sufficient energy on weeks 3 and 4 because the nutrition plan I was on was cutting carbs to 100 a day followed by 50 a day in the last week. That's a far cry from the 200-300 I had worked in during previous weeks. The appetite suppressant was quite good. I didn't, at any time, feel like I was going to fall off the wagon and eat something I shouldn't have. Will Power did not disappoint when it came to energy for the gym either. I used a preworkout for any morning cardio sessions so when I went in the afternoon/evenings to lift weights I wanted solid energy and focus and that's exactly what I got with Will Power. I didn't have any problems finishing each workout and remaining focused throughout. For that alone I think it's worth giving it another shot. MY diet stayed on point for the 30 days I was on Will Power so I was able to really see some solid fat loss during those last 4 weeks. 13lbs to be exact in that last 4 week span to be exact. 25 in all.

Cheapest I can find Will Power is at $39.99 online. That's right on par with some of the other fat burners I've taken. I'd still like to see it a little lower, but since it works I'd buy a bottle for that price.

Side Effects

Didn't really notice any side effects while taking this.

Conclusion

In conclusion, let me say I DEFINITELY recommend this product if you are looking for a fat burner that gives you a solid amount of energy with no jitters and the focus you need to stay on task in the gym. The appetite suppressant in it makes it easier to stay on task and not eat them unwanted calories while trying to cut a little weight. Thanks again to Iron Addicts and SR.com for this opportunity. I really appreciate it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Energy Lasts Hours
  • Good Appetite Suppressant

(Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!)
What up ladies and gents? I'm here today to tell you what I think of Redcon1's Total War preworkout. I took this product while in the heart of a cut. I knew going into a cut that I would need some serious energy in my preworkout so when I saw SR.com offering this to the TROOPers I thought it was some kind of fate :) I saw the ingredient label and knew immediately that I wanted to try this so that I could compare it to the others that look to have some similar ingredients.

NO PROP BLEND....That alone will get you two thumbs up in my world. Throw in 6g's of Citruline Maleate and you are speaking my language. There's your basic solid preworkout ingredients like caffeine, Taurine, Beta Alanine, and Agmatine Sulfate, and then there are a few that make me pull up the old Google and read about....

N-phenethyl Dimethylamine Citrate, better known as eria jarensis. N-phenethyl dimethylamine citrate is a class of PEAs that helps with mental focus during training and helps you feel good long after your workout is over. I can attest to this... I felt a really good focus and a great mood when finished with my workouts. I'm sure the endorphins and the clean eating had something to do with it as well but I felt "better" at the end of the workouts than I have in the past.

2-aminoisoheptane is a stimulant that is said to boost energy levels and appetite suppression. It is said to be derived from a plant species known as Aconitum Kusnezoffii, however, it's most likely synthetically made. It is a relatively new stimulant that has begun to appear in a range of pre workout supplements and is said to be a suitable replacement to AMP Citrate as well as the banned stimulant DMAA.

Higenamine HCL is derived from a wide variety of plants and works on the body as a stimulant. It has the dual purpose of targeting muscle areas with companion effects, meaning it causes some muscles to slow down their contractions and others to speed up their rate.

It contains a few other common preworkout ingredients. I posted a picture of the label for your viewing pleasure if you want to checkout the doses of each individual ingredients.

Taste- I received the Strawberry Kiwi flavor and it wasn't bad at all. I actually prefer strawberry flavored preworkouts over most flavors.

Mixability- It seemed to mix just fine for me. No clumping. There was a little grittiness with the last swallow but that's a given for just about any preworkout.

Dosing- I just hit one scoop with about 8-10 oz of water about 20-30 minutes before I hit the gym. My wife tried a couple of scoops as well but she takes her preworkout in the form of a shot (no more than 4oz of water) and she said it seemed a little to sweet with just 4 oz of water.

I loved my time in the gym after taking Total War. I felt really good throughout the workout and after as well. The energy was sustainable and did the job to get me through several hard leg days. I was thoroughly surprised that when I took it on an empty stomach I didn't have bathroom issues like I do with other preworkouts. May have been the extremely clean eating I was doing but... who really knows

$35-$40 for 30 servings seems about right when you compare it to other preworkouts that offer much of the same ingredients and doses. A little over a $1 a serving seems to be about what the others are at as well. I don't mind paying for what you get and with no prop blend I know EXACTLY what I'm getting.

Side Effects

Surprisingly NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really liked Total War and plan on trying the other flavors they offer as well. The label shows you what you get. The flavor tastes fine. You get a great pump and good amount of energy from taking it and it helps give you the focus you need to complete the tough workouts. Thanks to Redcon1 and SR.com for this opportunity. It means a lot to people like me that our opinions are valued and trusted.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Extreme Focus
  • Clinical Dosing For Ingredients
  • Great Value
  • Great Dosages
  • Great Endurance
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime

(Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!)
Hey fit fam!! I picked up a bag of this Whey Protein from Catalyst.com because I had never tried a grass fed whey protein before. Based on what I had researched I decided to give it a shot to see if it was any different than the other whey proteins I had tried. I appreciate Strength.com and SR.com partnering to allow us to try out product like this.

Grass fed Whey Protein Blend- 3:1 isolate to concentrate ratio. Pretty self explanatory. If you are into fitness and nutrition then you already know what this is. The website strength.com claims Grass Fed Whey is the new, cutting-edge standard that high performance athletes, trainers and coaches can trust. Grass Fed Whey is hormone free with no banned substances and features all-natural Stevia for a rich dessert-like taste you'll love.

Other ingredients in the Belgian Choc are Cocoa Bean Powder, Dextrose, Natural Flavors, Xanthan Gum, Stevia rebaudiana Leaf Extract.

I feel like I should mention here that it also only has a half gram of fat and only 3 carbs per scoop as well. That is EXCELLENT for a protein powder if you are looking to cut some weight.

Taste- The taste is GREAT! I thought it might taste a little different than other proteins I was used to since it had stevia added to it. It did.... it actually tasted better than a few of the proteins I've had in the past. I was impressed with the Belgian Chocolate I received.

Mixability- Mixes great. No clumping, no "frothiness" at the top for me.

Dosing- One scoop with about 6-10 ounces of water depending on how thick you like your shakes.

I must say. I thought it was just as effective as the other protein powders I have used in the past. It's really hard to tell with protein powders if one is better than the other. That's the big problem. If you are a stickler about being all natural and using no banned substances like a lot of folks are then you would definitely be interested in this. If that stuff doesn't matter to you then you are probably going to stick to the normal powders because of the cost.

Stength.com has it listed for 44.99 for the chocolate currently. The strawberry is on sale for $35.99. Both prices are for 2lbs. This is pretty much par for whey protein blends. I tried to find it in a bigger size but can only seem to find it in 2lbs. A bigger size might cost more and scare the consumer away I suppose but if someone doesn't mind the cost then it might be beneficial to make a bigger size. Very few give you a 3:1 ratio of proteins. So on that note it seems to make it worth the extra $5-$10 you will spend for this. I would definitely recommend it if you could find it on sale somewhere. Paying full price might be a bit to steep for the average Joe.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

In conclusion, I liked the taste the best of anything with this. I love that its from grass fed sources. It's got an extremely low fat and carb profile which helps when you are cutting. My only issue is the cost. If they brought it down to a normal price of around $35.99 (their current sale price) then I might be even more likely to recommend it to folks. Once, again I would like to thank both strength.com and sr.com for the opportunity to review this product. I really appreciate it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lower In Sodium
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Great Tasting
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Mostly Isolate
  • Only Available In 2 Lbs

(SR paid for product; Insane Labz did not participate)
What up! I am here today to give you another fabulous review a GREAT product I received from Sr.com. I am a HUGE proponent of recovery. Especially if you go hard in the gym like I do. I have always tried to take something to get me into that deep REM sleep. When I saw RIP I thought, "What the heck. Let's see what it's about". Glad I did.

LOVE the individual ingredients being listed. Anymore, I don't even mess with prop blends. The label lists 5 ingredients. I had to research a couple to see how they were supposed to work.

Phenibut- Phenibut is a chemical simi...

Phenibut- Phenibut is a chemical similar to a brain chemical called gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA). This kind of through me for a loop considering the product also has GAMA in it. Then I got to researching it's purpose and found that Phenibut is used for anxiety, fear, trouble sleeping (insomnia), tension, stress, fatigue, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), depression, alcoholism, and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for improving memory, learning, and thinking. At that point I realized that it wasn't such a bad thing to have both in a product.

GABA-(gamma-aminobutyric acid )- GABA is a neurotransmitter that blocks impulses between nerve cells in the brain. People take GABA as a supplement to try to, improve mood, relieve anxiety, and improve sleep.

5-Hydroxytryptophan (5-HTP)- 5-HTP is a chemical by-product of the protein building block L-tryptophan. It is also produced commercially from the seeds of an African plant known as Griffonia simplicifolia. It is used for sleep disorders such as insomnia, depression, anxiety, migraine and tension-type headaches, fibromyalgia, obesity, premenstrual syndrome (PMS), premenstrual dysphoric disorder (PMDD), attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), seizure disorder, and Parkinson's disease.

Valerian Root Extract- Valerian is an herb. Medicine is made from the root. Valerian is most commonly used for sleep disorders, especially the inability to sleep (insomnia). It is frequently combined with hops, lemon balm, or other herbs that also cause drowsiness.

Melatonin- We all know what melatonin is used for.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Taste- N/A

Dosing- I would always take 2 pills about 30 minutes before I would go to bed along with my casein shake.

Mixability- N/A

LIGHTS OUT! I was on a cut during the time that I was taking RIP. I knew recovery would be key for my body since I was in a depleted state from my eating and working out. My workouts were exhausting so I was pretty tired anyway. Before I started taking RIP I would toss and turn at night and found myself awake 3-4 times a night. From the first time I took RIP until the last time I would sleep all night. The best part about it was my mood the next morning. My wife made several comments about how improved my moods were in the morning (not a morning person AT ALL). The last week I took it I found myself wide awake after about 8 hours of sleep and not wanting to sleep anymore.

The only place I could find it was on the Insane Labz website. It was $54.99 for a 30 day supply. Although I do believe that is high at over a $1 a serving I wouldn't mind at all spending my money on it. Especially on a cut. I've taken products like this in the past that came nowhere close to this but still charged around the same price.

Side Effects

Unless you call being dead to the world a side effect there aren't any.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I really enjoyed this product from Insane Labz. It helped me stay focused on my cut by giving me the rest and recovery I desperately needed. If you are in the market for a solid R&R product I encourage you to give this product a try. I don't think you will be disappointed at all. A BIG shoutout to sr.com for the TROOP program. You guys are the BOMB!!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Deep Sleep
  • Great Recovery

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
Hey ladies and gents!! I am here today to review another product I had the opportunity to review thanks to the great guys/gals at SR.com and VMI Sports. I have tried another one of VMI's products earlier and so when I saw Vasogen I thought it won't let me down either. The previous product, agmapure, didn't disappoint so my thought process was that this wouldn't either. I am still cutting (20lbs down), and am always looking to get a better pump in the gym. I LOVE pump products because, let's be serious, who doesn't want to look as big as possible in the gym? Who doesn't want to have veins popping at any given moment.

Prop blend warning!!! The label gives you 5 individual ingredients to start with and then throws you a curve ball with a prop blend of some ingredients that I feel should be listed inidividually. I'm cool with knowing how much sodium, taurine, and chloride are in the mix, but I would rather know how much agmatine sulfate, and theobromine are in it. The label doesn't list them so I'm not sure if there is enough of a dosage in it to get me where I want to be based on what I took when it was just agmatine sulfate by itself. I did find a couple of interesting ingredients in it that made me use my internet research skills to find out what they were in there for. I'll share below:

Hawthorne Berry Powder may help manage high cholesterol and high blood pressure. It's suppose to support the beneficial gut flora aka "good bacteria" that promotes nutrient digestion. The research shows it can calm your nerves with a touch of hawthorn berry powder in your diet. Hawthorn berries promote blood circulation throughout the body, which helps lower blood pressure and relieve tension. One study examined the effects of hawthorn supplementation on patients with generalized anxiety disorder. The study concluded that hawthorn was more effective at reducing anxiety than the placebo.

Schisandra Berry Powder- I have never seen this ingredient before so I got to reading up on it. Schisandra is a plant. The fruit is used as food and also to make medicine. Schisandra is used as an "adaptogen" for increasing resistance to disease and stress, increasing energy, and increasing physical performance and endurance. It is also used for preventing early aging and increasing lifespan; normalizing blood sugar and blood pressure; and stimulating the immune system and speeding recovery after surgery. It is also used for treating liver disease (hepatitis) and protecting the liver from poisons.

The taste is a little overbearing if you drink it by itself. Very TART. I mixed it, most of the time, with my preworkout which was also a blue raspberry flavor so it masked the taste much better. After I ran out of the preworkout I had to drink it by itself and I wasn't fond of it at all.

Mixability- It mixes well. By itself, with a PWO, it doesn't matter. No complaints on that part.

Dosing- I started with one scoop by itself. Then went to two by itself. Finally, I started mixing two scoops with my PWO with two scoops. At two scoops you are only getting 15 servings so that makes it a bit rough on the pocketbook.

----Effectiveness---

I found two scoops with my PWO did the best for me. The one scoop isn't for a 200lb+ man/woman. I tried and the pumps just weren't there. Almost felt like I hadn't taken anything and it was the "normal" gym pump. I highly recommend two scoops if you are my size or bigger. If you are under the 200 mark you may be able to get away with one scoop.

This is where it gets tricky. It's a pump product. Nothing more, nothing less. I found one site selling it for $40/30servings. I can't justify that for a pump product when there are preworkouts out there with great pump ingredients that don't cost that. The cheapest I was able to find it was $30/30 servings. If you have to take two scoops like me then it becomes pricey at $30/15 servings. That I might be able to get with if you were wanting to get a pump without the jitters of a stimulant PWO or no PWO at all. However, I would only buy it if I had extra money.

Side Effects

NONE!!!

Conclusion

In conclusion, Vasogen is a good product by itself. It can be a GREAT product when combined appropriately with a solid preworkout. I'm not sure I would ever take it by itself, but that's me. I can honestly say that if I was asked for a recommendation on a pump product I would still recommend this. I just wish I knew exactly how much agmapure is in it. It seems to be a lower dosage then I had tried before when I just took agmapure by itself. Again, a special thank you to the folks at SR.com and VMI Sports for working together to provide us with the outstanding opportunities. Keep em coming.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Improved Vascularity
  • Expensive At Two Scoop Dosages
  • Prop Blend
  • Under Dosed Ingredients
  • Filler Ingredients

(Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!)
Hey there fit fam! I am here to drop a few lines on what I think of Sleep Boost by Nature Restore. I have tried a couple of sleep aids a couple of years ago and one I really liked and the other.... Not so much. One would make me extremely groggy. The other made me feel great the next morning. Because of this I was skeptical about trying Sleep Boost because I was afraid that it would give me the groggy feeling. I have been trying to cut weight for the last 8 weeks now and it is going great. This was another reason why I wanted this sleep aid. My workouts are grueling. My carbs are low. Therefore I knew that my sleep was paramount.

The ingredient profile isn't hard to understand and doesn't have a lot of ingredients that I've never heard of. However, there were a few. I had to look up Magnesium Glycinate and a couple of the ingredients in the prop blend they have listed.

Magnesium Glycinate is made up of magnesium, an essential mineral, and glycine, a non-essential amino acid. It is easily absorbed by your body, likely because it gets carried to your cells bound to the amino acid. Magnesium deficiency most often occurs because it is not abundant in food sources. For your brain to produce melatonin properly, it must first bind to magnesium in your blood. For this reason, if you have a magnesium deficiency, you may have trouble regulating your sleep cycles. Magnesium glycinate supplements may help to increase the amount of melatonin your body produces because it is readily absorbed by your body, allowing magnesium to reach your brain more easily.

I have attached the ingredient label for you to see the other ingredients listed on the label.

There wasn't any taste to the pills I took. That's another thing I enjoyed. My previous sleep aids were liquids and one tasted like cough syrup to me.

You don't mix it with anything. There just pills

Dosing is simple. About 30 minutes before you want to lay down and go to sleep pop 3 of these things and get ready for a GREAT nights sleep.

The first night I slept like a baby. I woke up feeling refreshed. My quality of sleep made it easy for me to get out of bed and start my day without a second thought. The last day I took these also made it just as easy. I skipped one or two days during this period just to see if I would still sleep as deep and I did not. I found myself waking up 4-5 times a night and tossing and turning.

I found this on Amazon for right at $20 for a 30 day supply. That I'm ok with. This makes it cheaper than the previous sleep aids I used as well. I definitely don't mind paying this much for what I get. I am currently taking another sleep aid since I have ran out of this and am trying to compare the two. Once I complete this new one I will compare and decide which one I feel is better for me. Cost will play a huge part in this.

Side Effects

ZERO SIDE EFFECTS

Conclusion

In conclusion, if you are looking for a good nights sleep, forget looking for a new pillow or new mattress. Buy Sleep Boost. I don't care where you are when it's time to go to bed, Sleep Boost will knock you out and give you a great nights sleep. I would DEFNITELY recommend this to my fellow gym rats. If you have never tried a sleep aid or you have had a bad experience I would suggest you try Sleep Boost. Thanks to Nature Restore and SR.com for this opportunity. I would have never thought about trying this product without a program like this.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxation
  • Deep Sleep
  • All Natural
  • Prop Blend

(Thanks to Symbolic Muscle for sending it out!)
Good afternoon fit fam. I am back with another review. I saw this product on the TROOP part of SR.com and decided that if I was going to be serious about cutting some fat at the first of the year that I might as well get some help doing so. I took Eradicate the day after it came in because I was already a week into my cut and wanted to see what I thought. It didn't disappoint.

I like all my supps to have a fully disclosed label but I'm not nearly as hard on the products outside of the preworkout section that don't. Eradicate does not. I have attached a picture of the ingredient profile for your viewing pleasure. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on the label except for "Higenamine" and "Dendrobium" so I had to do some research to see what exactly those two ingredients were supposed to do.

Higenamine is now showing up in products promoted as a pre-workout supplement for improving athletic performance. There is also interest in using higenamine for weight loss, cough, asthma, heart failure, and erectile dysfunction. How does it work exactly?? According to WEBMD Higenamine works like a stimulant. In some parts of the body it causes tissues to relax. In other parts of the body, such as the heart, it causes tissue to contract. It seems to increase heart contractions and speed up the heart rate.

Dendrobium is in the orchid plant family. According to WEBMD dendrobium is showing up in pre-workout supplements used to boost physical and athletic performance. Some experts are claiming that dendrobium will be the next hot stimulant supplement. Some are touting it as a replacement for the stimulant DMAA.

There is no taste to Eradicate because it is in pill form. You don't have to mix it with anything, and you simply pop one pill about 30 minutes before you eat in the morning.

I started taking this gem of a product I was weighing 222lbs. The day after I popped the last pill I was at 209lbs. I lost 13lbs in approximately 30 days. I called that good work. I had already cleaned up the diet about a week and a half prior to starting this and had already lost 4lbs during that span (10 days). I attribute my diet and exercise to this more than anything but I could tell every morning that the Eradicate was helping control my appetite and give me sustained energy throughout the day.

I rated it so highly on the value part because at the end of the bottle I decided I would order another one. I got on Symbolic Muscle's website and saw that they have an entire bottle for $20 and immediately ordered another bottle for this next month. My hope is that it continues to work like the first bottle did.

Side Effects

I didn't notice any side effects. Even when I took it on an empty stomach it didn't bother me like others have in the past.

Conclusion

In conclusion, I would HIGHLY recommend Eradicate to anyone who might have hit a weight plateau or is like me and simply wants an extra boost to help get rid of excess weight/body fat. For $20 you can't beat one pill a day for 30 days. This product alone will give me the confidence to try their other products. Bottom line when taken as directed with a solid diet and exercise plan it will work. Big thank you to Symbolic Muscle for teaming up with SR.com to offer this product. I really appreciate it.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps Control Appetite
  • Not A Wide Availability

(Thanks to Hard Iron Labs for sending it out!)
Hey, hey ladies and gents. I'm back with a review of a product that I would've never otherwise tried if it weren't for the TROOP program. Hard Iron Labs knocks it out of the park with this one. My favorite preworkout since they took DMAA out of JACK3d has become Outlift so when I try a preworkout I always compare it to Outlift to see what it has in it and what it does to me in the gym. Death Punch delivers!!!

I have become accustomed to Citruline Maleate in my preworkout. I won't by one that doesn't have at least 6g's in it. The pump it provides to me is unreal. Death Punch delivers 6g's. Creatine Monohydrate is another recent ingredient I have become accustomed to in my preworkouts. I like to see 5g's in my PWO. It keeps me from having to by and use my own except on my two days a week I don't workout so it saves me money that way. Once again, Death Punch delivers. I believe the clinical dose for Beta Alanine is 3.2g's. Death Punch DELIVERS. If you are stim sensitive you might want to start with just a half scoop because the 350mg's of caffeine might ruin your day.... or make you so hyper you workout forever.... one of the two. Taurine, Betaine Anhydrous, Agmatine Sulfate, Black Pepper Extract, and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine are also in this product. As you can see, from the ingredient profile, it DELIVERS. The fact that it is not a prop blend just puts icing on the cake for me.

Taste is great. I got the Blue Razz flavor and never met a blue razz I didn't like.

Mixability- Mixes great. I didn't notice any grittiness or it being frothy.

Dosing- Like I said above, if you are stim sensitive try a half scoop. If you're a stim junkie get you a scoop and go to work!

I really like what Death Punch did for me in the gym. I am deep in the middle of a cut (18lbs down) and sometimes find energy hard to come by. When I take this I get in the best mood. I focus in the gym better and I feel like the pump it gives me is better than the normal pump in the gym without it. I ran out of this about a week ago and can't wait to get my next tub.

$39.99 for 30 servings is well worth it in my book. The fact that it saves me money on creatine monohydrate and is right at $1.33/serving is ok. That's right on par with Outlift and Outlift Amped.

Side Effects

I didn't notice any side effects besides the taking on an empty stomach side effect..... in that case be close to a bathroom about 30 minutes after you start drinking it. Definitely don't get stuck in traffic.

Conclusion

In conclusion, you DELIVERED (See a theme here) a fantastic product Hard Iron Labs. I look forward to seeing what else I can purchase/try from your company. Thanks to SR.com and Hard Iron Labs for teaming up to awesome us little people a chance to try such products. I've told a couple of gym rats about this and even let them try a scoop to see what they think. They approve.
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Quality Ingredients
  • Solid Dosages
  • Endurance
  • Mental Focus
  • Limited Availability

(SR paid for product; BPI Sports did not participate)
Hey SR fam. I'm back with another review of a product I received via the TROOPer program (Thanks). This one came from SR.com itself and was a bottle of Roxylean by BPI. I was trying to cut a few pounds around the holidays and so I thought this might help with the appetite suppressant and energy I would be needing, especially around the holidays.

PROP BLEND WARNING. If you don't buy prop blends then this product definitely is not for you. I honestly don't know of many thermogenic fat burners that aren't prop blends and I realize in some products you just have to take the prop blend because the product works. They do list two individual ingredients. Thiamine (B1), and Niacin (B3).

Thiamine- Thiamine is a vitamin, also called vitamin B1. Vitamin B1 is found in many foods including yeast, cereal grains, beans, nuts, and meat. It is often used in combination with other B vitamins, and found in many vitamin B complex products. It's used to help digestion which, I'm guessing, is why it's in this product.

Niacin- is a B vitamin (vitamin B3). It occurs naturally in plants and animals, and is also added to many foods as a vitamin supplement. It is also present in many multiple vitamins and nutritional supplements. It can help lower cholesterol and can give you a nice "reddish" tint when taking to much. Almost makes you look "flush".

There's quite a bit of caffeine in it from what I can tell. I don't know exactly how much but I could definitely tell there was caffeine present so I had to space my preworkout 5-7 hours apart from taking this. I uploaded the label so you could see what else was in the proprietary blend.

Taste- N/A

Mixability- N/A

Dosing- 1 pill a day is all that is required. I recommend following the label and taking on an empty stomach. I tried taking this after lunch one day and didn't really feel it like I do on an empty stomach.

Was it effective? Absolutely! the appetite suppressant was good, not great. I couldn't really feel the thermogenesis like I could in other fat burners I've taken. Not sure why. I was able to lose a solid 4lbs while not really keeping up with my food intake like I have done in the past and am currently doing so that is definitely a plus.

*Warning* if you are stim sensitive you may not like this. The jitters are real so let me recommend not taking it on an empty stomach.

I found Roxy Lean from between $20-$40 a bottle for a TWO month supply. That seems legit for a fat burner. Most fat burners will charge you that or more for 30 days. The fact that you can get 60 days out of this is awesome.

Side Effects

No real side effects to report. It did everything I thought it would do.

Conclusion

I will definitely be picking up another bottle. It's got a great value to it and it seems to do the trick. For someone seriously watching their food intake they could definitely use something like this. I would, for sure, give it two thumbs up. Good job BPI.
  • Jitters

(Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!)
MERRY CHRISTMAS (Happy Holidays) Folks!! I'm here to review a GREAT new product called OUTLIFT AMPED! I have been struggling with long days at work over these past few weeks so I knew that I was going to need a great preworkout if I was going to always have the motivation and drive to get through my tough workouts. Outlift AMPED sure didn't disappoint.

I knew from the original Outlift what to expect from Outlift AMPED.... I knew that the profile wouldn't have a prop blend. I knew all the ingredients and their dosing amounts would be right on the label for me to see. This is what I like most about products I take. Over the years of working out and caring about how much of a supplement I should take I have learned that it is important to know and understand how much of what you are putting in your body.

There are a bunch of ingredients but I'll just analyze what I think separates AMPED from the competition.
A clinical dosing of Beta Alanine (3.2g's), citruline maleate (8gs), and 350mg's of "active" caffeine. These are all legit doses that will help put you through any tough workout. Whether you're tired or not you'll be pumped for the gym about 15 minutes after you drink this. It's got other ingredients in it such as Creatine Magnapower(2gs), Taurine(2g's), Bioperine5mg's), and Betaine Anyhydrous(2.5g's). pretty much all of these can be found in standard preworkouts but not necessarily at those doses.

Taste- I received the "Peach Pineapple" flavor. I am not a big fan of pineapple in everything else I eat so I was a little hesitant to take this. After my first drink I realized it really wasn't that noticeable at all. In fact, it was quite tasty. There's no artificial colors and also no sugar in it so for it to taste as good as it does surprised me. Definitely one of the better tasting preworkouts Ive had.

Mixability- It mixes well. I add a little creatine monohydrate to each drink so it does mix a little different than it would on its own. There's no clumping. There's nothing frothy about it like you will find in other drinks. Overall it mixes well.

Dosing is simple- 1 scoop mixed with 8-12oz of water. The less water you use the more of the pineapple flavor you can taste so I used 12.

In my honest opinion, there isn't a more effective preworkout on the market today than Outlift AMPED. It has everything you need in a preworkout and it's clinically dosed. Doesn't get much better than that folks. I was able to take it morning, noon, or night and feel great all the way through my workouts. The pump you could see from the time I walked in the gym til after I got home. The energy was clean, and also very important, there was no crash from the stimulants.

I pretty much found this for $48 across the board at several retailers. I think this is what the original Outlift cost for awhile when it was new to the market so I expect it to come down as well. For 20 servings that can make it awfully expensive when compared to some other preworkouts that have been out there for years. I don't mind paying the $48 for a months worth of workouts based on what you get out of it. However, I can see some people baulking at it because of the price.

Side Effects

Just don't take it on an empty stomach or you will have bathroom issues. However, that's the same with all heavy stimulant preworkouts I have taken in the past.

Conclusion

In the end, Nutrex made another INCREDIBLE product. They do exactly what this consumer wants other companies to do by listing their ingredients individually, putting clinical doses of certain ingredients in their products, and making it very accessible through an abundance of retailers nationwide. Now, if we could just get them to do something about that price?!? Thanks Nutrex and SR.com for allowing me this opportunity. You guys ROCK!!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clinical Doses
  • No Prop Blends