willyb87

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by willyb87

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I 1st read about Kraken on another site and loved the profile, originally I read this was supposed to have DMAA in it and that would have been great but lets see how it stacked up without it.

----Ingredient Profile----
A solid and fully disclosed profile here, for pumps they have pure citrulline at 4 grams, agmatine at 1 gram, Hydromax at 2 grams(love this amount) and then 100mg of norvaline to help hold the pump a little longer. Caffeine isn't overpowering at 200mg and the beta alanine is effectively dosed at 3.2g, also some taurine added in there as well.

----Taste...

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I have only 2 complaints on this product and the 1st is here.... I received as requested Sour Gummy Bears.... I opened the tub and smelled and wow delicious smelled just like a fresh bag of haribo gummy bears, scooped up the powder about 30 minutes before workout shook it up in the shaker and it mixed great... Took a big sip and bam the most chemical aftertaste I think I have ever encountered, but a flat tasting absolutely nothing like gummy bear thing I have ever tasted... But this is a preworkout so I'm not taking too many points for taste here, because honestly my expectations were probably too high anyways.

----Effectiveness----
From the time I picked up the 1st weight till the time I walked out the door I felt great and ready to lift. While on this I had clean energy and a focus to rival almost anything else ive ever used. My workouts lately have been of varying styles but consistent in the sense of starting out with heavy movements and ending with some serious volume. My muscles seem to really swell and hold a pump for a good while, I felt like my body held onto the water I chugged down intra-workout more than usual. The energy was always very clean and not noticeable in coming on, but I always could tell it was there. Coming off the workout on a few occasions I had some issues that I will mention in the side effect section.
'
----Value----
On average I have seen this around $33, everything is dosed well and the profile is solid its only 20 servings but I still think the pricepoint here is solid and I would buy even if not on sale which I have seen several of on this.

----Side Effects----
On a few occasions after the workout I would crash HARD, out of 20 workouts probably 3-4 times but I thought worth mentioning. Not just a normal stim crash either. Cold sweats, nausea, and just an overall drained and beatdown feeling. On these days nothing was out of the ordinary and the preworkout was the only constant but I'm not going to put the entire blame on the product.

----Conclusion----
Even though I had a couple issues it isn't anything that would chase me off from using this again as while I was in the gym this product had me performing at what I feel like was top gear for me. Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending this outto us TROOPs and I look forward to whatever is in the works next.
  • Intense Focus
  • Excellent Endurance
  • Fully Transparent
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Pumps
  • Crash Afterwards

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I took a little time off preworkouts and the last product I used from nutra innov. worked out pretty well for me so when I saw them put a pre up I just grabbed it without really looking at the profile...

----Ingredient Profile----
As everybody has mentioned 3 prop blends which is unacceptable to me in a preworkout. Caffeine is dosed well for me at 290mg but looking at everything else it is way under-dosed. I'm not going to dive into the profile because I don't know how much of each ingredient is in each scoop, but what I will say is if this was dosed accordingly I love the combination of ingredients.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
This was really the only part of his product I was happy with. I'm not a Pina Colada guy, but this was refreshing and smooth. Absolutely no problems drinking this at anytime with cold water.
Mixing was never an issue, and I used 1 scoop on the way to the gym.

----Effectiveness----
Theres not really much that I have to say here. I got some decent energy from the 290mg of caffeine with no crash, but that's about where it ended. I didn't notice any extra focus. The pump ingredients in this were well put together, but so under dosed that I didn't feel anything from them other than the usual pump from reps.

----Value----
$50+ for 30 servings of a preworkout is crazy even for the top of the line products. Theres no way I could pay this much ever for this.

----Conclusion----
Really cool layout on the bottle and a nice attention catching name, but that's about where the positives end for this. I had taken a while off pre's for my adreanls to reset and this still fell short of any expectations I had.
  • Cool Name
  • Little To No Focus Enhancement
  • Prop Blends

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I have a 5 yr old, a job with weird hours, and an already bad habit of staying up later than I should. So quality sleep has eluded me for quite some time, it wasn't until very recently that I started to realize how important sleep was to this fitness journey im on... Enter sleep aids, I have used my fair share with very mixed results, my run with outbreaks pump product was nothing short of wonderful so lets see how refuge did.

----Ingredient Profile----
Transparent label no prop blends, starts out on the right foot. 1g of phenibut is a little more than I like but everything else in this is dosed acceptably. After 3-4 reviews up and a posted label all the ingredients have been mentioned and dissected already. Unlike every sleep aid I think I have used this doesn't contain Mucuna Pruriens, not a pro or a con just thought it was worth mentioning. Also like somebody else mentioned the serving size and the ingredient label seems to point to most of the scoop being fillers

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Ok, seriously, whoever is in charge of flavoring over at outbreak needs a raise. I received Lemonade and it was delicious just like with the other outbreak product Serum, this was very smooth and crisp. I mixed this up with cold water and sipped on it around 30-45 minutes before bed. Mixed well with some settling but not enough to complain about. I also only used this on days that I could sleep in and dedicate at least 7 hrs of sleep to.

----Effectiveness----
After taking my final sip it would take about 15-20 minutes to start the yawning and feeling relaxed. When I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes that was usually all it took I was out. This is very unusual for me as I usually spend a good 15-20 minutes tossing and turning. While on this I cant remember getting up during the night and had some very deep sleep which resulted in some intense, often strange dreams. If I didn't use an alarm I was abe to sleep deeply for 8+ hours before I woke up. Upon waking naturally I felt refreshed and recovered. If I used an alarm I felt rested, but also a little groggy taking me about 15 minutes to really get in the right state of mind. The rest of my experience will be outlined in side effects....

----Value----
Around $35 for 30 servings of a sleep aid is pretty average and i would have no issue paying this.

----Side Effects----
While on for the most part everything was gravy. When i ran out though i noticed it was pretty tough to go to sleep. Like i mentioned above i didn't use this everyday so maybe some of the ingredients were still in my system on those 1-2 day breaks or maybe i just didn't notice it from being wore out after work and dad duties. But a few days after discontinuing the product it was rough, felt like i just snorted caffeine, no matter how tired i was id just lay there with my eyes closed. That's part of the reason this review is so delayed i wanted to see how long it would take for sleep patterns to return to normal, answer in my case about 2 weeks.

----Conclusion----
A tasty supplement that is very effective but you may want to spread the dosages out substantially to avoid forming a needy habit of this stuff.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Energy Upon Waking
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Deeper More Recuperative Sleep
  • Fall To Sleep Sooner
  • Trouble Sleeping After Completing
  • Habit Forming

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Ronnie never puts his name on junk from my experience, so I tend to try to give his products a chance anytime they come up. I also love trying out new mass gainers from time to time to see how my very sensitive digestive system handles them.

----Ingredient Profile----
I'll go over this based on what scoops I used. At 2 scoops you get a carb to protein ratio of 3:1 (90-30) which is about where I would like to see mass gainers put the ratio. The carbs for this are from Maltodextrin, fructose, and waxy maize, while the protein is a blend of varying absortion rates with WPI, WPC, milk protein and micellar casein. The fats in this are from MCTs and flax oils which I like. I like that they didn't go overboard with just getting those nasty mass calories and packing sugar into this to get you a crazy number. 500 calories for 2 scoops is a good place for me.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I received the new aint nothing but a peanut butter flavor, and what is there to say about this? It tasted like a nutter butter like someone else mentioned which was a welcomed taste. In my experience so far PB flavors have not been real good to me, not the case here. Mixing was pretty good, its a good chunk of powder so a little shaking is required but nothing too bad and I tried to take my shake post workout.

----Effectiveness----
Even with the high amount of calories I didn't notice much bloat at all, with most other mass gainers I get the most awful gas and pretty often stomach pains during the night that wake me up. While on this I didn't have any pains but I did have some gas issues, which honestly isn't much of an issue to me. I was able to put on a good bit of weight while using this, but I cant say that was all this because it was only 500 of the daily 3k-ish calories I was trying to take in.

----Value----
This can be found on average around $35 which depending on how many scoops you use can be either a good deal or an awful one. I went with 2 scoops which equated to 22 days worth to me it worked out pretty well and I think the price is fair, and would snag it pretty fast if there was a sale

some gas

----Conclusion----
Of all the mass gainers I have used my digestive system seemed to tolerate this one the best. I wont say I put on the weight and size as another one i used previously, but there wasn't THAT much difference there. With the ease it took on my stomach i have to say this is now on the top of my list when/if i buy a mass gainer.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Aids Recovery
  • Extensive Profile
  • Good Macro Content
  • 6 Lb Tub Won't Last Long If 4 Scoops Are Used Daily
  • Some Gas Issues

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Who doesn't like pump products? Helps get blood to working parts and at the same time make you look big and vascular too. The tub on this product really catches the eye. Thanks to Outbreak for sending these out.

----Ingredient Profile----
The tub is very catchy but when I looked at the ingredients panel it looked pretty solid as well. You have a well rounded pump blend that should have something you respond to if not a few things. Its fully non-stim so you can stack this with anything which I did and highly recommend. I like the fact that even though it is a pump product they didn't include citrulline, which most pre's are including now days so you can still stack it without overloading on cit. Alongside all the pump products they also included a myostatin reducer in epicatechin. Not sure how effective that is as I haven't used it enough to know but all the research I have read seems to be favorable and im glad to see something included in a pump product other than a stim.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Strawberry Lemonade..... Like my title said WOW im not exaggerating when I say that this stuff is delicious. When I opened the container and smelled it I didn't think it could taste as good as it smelled but I was wrong. The perfect mixture of strawberry and lemon with 8-10 oz of water just the right amount of sweetness kind of like a country time pink lemonade but better to me.
Mixing was perfect as well and I took 1 scoop around 30 minutes preworkout.

----Effectiveness----
As a standalone product I got some really good pumps, muscles stayed full of blood and held for about an hour after the workouts. Vascularity was extremely noticeable when I was on this especially in my shoulders.
Now when I stacked this with a few different PWOs it went from an above average preworkout to an absolute killer session. a little stim and focus agents with this and you are going to have one heck of a workout. I remember a couple of arm workouts that went for close to 2 hours and the pump held up the entire time.

----Value----
For a pump product at $35 for 28 servings is a little steep, but I really enjoyed this and if I was in the market for a pump product I could see spending the money on this over a single ingredient pump product.

----Conclusion----
Really enjoyed this stuff, its not very often you find a supplement that not only works, but that you actually look forward to drinking. Outbreak Nutrition did both with this product and im looking forward to what they put out in the future. Also the glow in the dark tub is a pretty sweet extra too.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Want to apologize to Maxler it took me a little while to get this review out my life has been lets say hectic would be a severe understatement. But im here so lets get this review started.

----Ingredient Profile----
Isomax is a Milk and Whey Isolate blend that also has added in BCAAs and Glutamine to, in their words up the bioavailability and make it a truly unique product.

----Ingredient Profile----
Now looking at the ingredient profile I see 25g of protein, 2g of carbs being all fiber, and a .5g of fats .1 being trans fat? pretty normal looking profile for an isolate protein, but after adding up the numbers I got pretty close to 29g total, the jug says 30g scoop size. You still have to add in flavoring and thickening agents as well so my concern here is where is the BCAA complex, where is the added glutamine, in a day with amino spiking being prevalent the label on this and the claims have me a little concerned.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I received the Vanilla Ice Cream and well the vanilla was there but I couldn't detect the Ice Cream, very old school vanilla tasting to me and not in a good way. It wasn't nasty or flat but just very artificial and blandish. Mixing was soso for an isolate I would notice a few clumps but nothing drastic, for me im used to isolates mixing great. I dosed this immediately post workout like I always do with isolate proteins as they are supposed to digest faster.

----Effectiveness----
The ole protein effectiveness section..... Well my body tolerated this protein pretty well, no stomach distress, no bloating, nausea. It helped me meet my macros but I cant say that in regards to that extra BCAA and glutamine section that I noticed anything from them. Theres not really anything else I can think of to say here. Low carbs and fats so anybody can input this into their diet....

----Value----
This would be the only real upside to this product if in fact it isn't spiked somehow. Amazon has this for $22 for a 2lb tub for an isolate protein that is really hard to beat and probably the cheapest I have seen.

----Conclusion----
I would like to hear from a Maxler rep in regards to the label concerns and also didnt really care for the taste. Hopefully we can get some answers and they can go back to the drawing board on taste, I know taste buds differ so much but in 2 Maxler products so far that's has been my only major beef
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low-Carb
  • Label Concerns About Possible Amino Spiking

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Orgono for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I have been lifting heavy, was in the middle of a YK11 SARM cycle and I was starting to get achy about the time this arrived. I love joint/ligament/tendon supplements so I decided to give this a go.

----Ingredient Profile----
This starts out with silicic acid and glycine which have been shown to help in creation of collagen. Next you have a prop blend of horsetail extract which has been used in tons of different categories but mostly for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory effects. The other part of the prop blend is rosemary leaf extract another product that has been used for multiple ailments but in this case its going for blood flow and joint pain

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Taste was mildly sweet, if you took it by itself it tasted weird, not bad but a little off. I mixed this with my preworkout or a bottle of water during the day and I couldn't even tell it was in there when mixed. As for dosing it suggests 15mL up to 3 times a day, personally I used it twice a day throughout the run.

----Effectiveness----
I have used my fair share of joint supplements and this was by far one of my favorites. I don't like pills so it being an easy to take liquid was a plus right off the bat. When doing tricep pushdowns I had some nagging pain in my elbow at the fully flexed position, I was using some pretty heavy weight for 12-15 reps so it was getting aggravated pretty bad. After about a week on this mixed with some icing and heating it felt great not so much as even a twinge of pain. This was really the only issue I have to judge this stuff based off of, but I can say that the last 2 weeks of YK11 I was adding weight almost daily and my joints and tendons were more than able to keep up.

----Value----
Here was the only part that was a little disheartening. The cheapest I saw this was $43 on amazon, there are a few other joint supps that work around the $30 mark, but they are pills, this is almost worth the extra to me but I still would have a hard time dropping that kind of money on a joint supp per month. Also if you max out the usage at 3 times daily your looking at around 20 days worth kind of steep but it performs.

----Conclusion----
I go into any new joint supp as a skeptic, because I know there is a ton of junk in this particular category, but in my eyes at least Orgono has put out a winner, thanks for sending this out looking forward to the future from you guys.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Helps With Joints
  • Helps With Ligaments
  • Helps With Tendons
  • Little Pricey

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Its coming up on bulking season, I just wanted to grab this to add a few extra calories into my diet without having to eat a whole lot more. This and the IsoMax were my 1st ever run ins with Maxler so how did it go you ask?......

----Ingredient Profile----
The 1st thing that jumped out at me when looking over this was 7 grams of creatine a serving. Now granted I didn't take a "full" serving on most days but if you do then that's a good bit of creatine going to waste, most studies I have seen show that anything over about 5 grams isn't utilized, whether that is bro science or not I still feel like there are much better things to pack in here.
From a macro standpoint at the 4 scoop serving size you have a protein blend totaling 37 grams of protein, carbs totaling 185, and 4 grams of fat. I would like to see the protein a little closer to 50 so that I could use half servings and still get around 25g of protein.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
I received the Rich Chocolate flavor, it had a very artificial chocolate flavoring to it, with all the sugars and stuff in this I would expect it to taste a little better. Im not going to dock too much for the flavor because it wasn't bad just could use some work.
For a Mass Gainer shake this stuff mixed about as well as anything I have ever used, I blender bottle and a few shakes had this clumpless and ready to drink down.
For my dosing I spread it out a little bit and took 2 scoops instead of the "full" serving of 4 after my workouts.

----Effectiveness----
For me personally like I mentioned earlier these product are all about getting a few extra calories regardless of macros into your diet when you are trying to put on weight. I was able to put on weight consistently while using this and I felt pretty good as far as digestion goes during the tub, a lot of times with these mass gainers I get very very bloated and have some bad digestive issues but that wasn't the case here. My body handled the product very well and it seemed to really clear my stomach quickly I was usually ready to eat again with about an hr and a half. In this category there isn't really anything else for me to say, it did what it was supposed to, but didn't really stand out in anyway when stacked up against your other run of the mill gainers.

----Value----
At 28.99 for 6 lbs its pretty much right in the middle of weight gainers, a fair price if you like the product.

----Conclusion----
Weight gainers are a luxury/novelty and most people myself included usually encourage making your own gainer shake or just eating real food to make up the calories. Very rarely do I spend money on any kind of gainer, but even if I was to, I don't think this one would be very high up on my list of must haves.
  • Too Much Creatine
  • Artificial Taste
  • Needs More Protein

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
Its been awhile since ive used a pure glutamine supplement, I really have been pushing my body here lately so I thought I could benefit from a quality glutamine supplement and when you see Nutrabio on a supplement is usually a safe bet.

----Ingredient Profile----
100 servings of 5grams of 100%pure Glutamine. No fillers, no flavoring, just pharmaceutical grade glutamine.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
As far as unflavored supplements go this is about as close as you can get to actual flavorless. I mixed this in either water, with my preworkout, or my postworkout shake. The only one is was even remotely detectable in was plain water and it wasn't unpleasant at all. Mixing was always great, if you let it sit for too long it would settle at the bottom a little bit, but not an issue for me. I dosed this 3 scoops on training days and 2 on non training.

----Effectiveness----
There are 3 claims on the bottle for this supplement. Supports Muscle Growth, Speeds Muscle Recovery, and Enhances Immune System. With the workouts I have been going though I needed all 3. I have been taking some milder PHs, and SARMs as well which always seem to play a factor in my immune system. As for muscle growth, I was taking a few other things so even though I did grow I cant say how much was this particular product.
Muscle Recovery was great, I can say I felt this really helped in this aspect, DOMS were still there but reduced significantly. Was able to go from workout to workout without being hindered in what I could do.
In the past when I was using PHs/SARMs I would regularly get sick or have some kind of infection pop up(staph infection twice) I made sure to pay more attention to wiping machines down and showering immediately after this go around. But I never got even the slightest bit down while on this. I felt really good in an overall sense, I never had any symptoms of even a cold or a hint of infections. The infection aspect can be attributed some to the carefulness I took with sanitation, but I feel like the glutamine played a good part.

----Value----
I found this for 19.99 for a 100 serving tub. WIth Nutrabio you know you are getting quality and for a 100 servings of quality product I feel is a very good deal.

absolutely none

----Conclusion----
A simple but solid addition to any stack that can and will help regardless of your goals. Not much else to say Nutrabio continually puts out solid products whether it be stacks or single ingredient supps.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Immune Health
  • Good Recovery
  • Mixes Perfectly

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    I'll start out by saying that while on this I was at a slight calorie surplus. So whatever effects this may have had were probably put off slightly. I have been looking at the Spartan Supps for a little while now and finally decided to grab a bottle this time. The presentation of these bottles is on point very eye catching.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Only 2 ingredients here 7DHEA and 11DHEA both mild PH's that are focused more on increasing metabolism, inhibiting catabolism, and hardening of muscles. Each capsule contains 110mg of each compound and then 15mg of a couple of ingredients that help the bioavailabilty and absortion of the 7 and 11DHEA.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Each bottle comes with 60 capsules and the recommended dosing is take 1 cap twice a day spaced evenly. I would like to have added a 3rd pill in there but due to financial issues I just couldn't swing it.

----Effectiveness----
    Per the manufacturers description....

Spartan Lean Benefits:

Increase Lean Muscle Mass -I added a little bit of weight while on this, not near as much as I would have liked using a PH type compound even I it is one geared towards cutting.

Increase Strength- About the same thing here, my lifts went up a little, but I was eating big and lifting seriously. Nothing impressive here to report...

Diminish Fat-Definitely saw some leaning out while on this even while eating at a surplus. Abs started to show more than usual.

Vascularity and Definition-Biggest thing I saw was this category. My shoulders and quads really started to separate. When working them the vascularity was ridiculous. My triceps in particular really started to pop and felt extremely hard and defined.

Reduce Cortisol Levels- Cant really say yay or nay here didn't feel much as far as this goes.

----Value----
    The cheapest I found this was $57 shipped, now that's not too too bad, but I would really like to run this at 3 caps a day and stretch it out a little longer. I felt like I really started hitting my stride on this towards the last week. That would get expensive, and even though this is fairly mild you also have to add in the cost of even bare minimum support supps and some kind of PCT. Or at least I would. Is the price fair/value there? I think so if you are a beginner or need a little extra edge in cutting.

none.

----Conclusion----
    With the results I saw on this I am seriously considering grabbing a couple of bottles and using it on my summer cut for next year. I was able to get leaner even while eating a little more than usual and not exactly clean either. Very curious as to what I cold look like if I dialed it in and really used this for what it is meant.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Hardness
    • Some Strength Gains
    • Fat Loss
    • Burns Fat