willyb87

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online 1 week ago
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by willyb87

Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!

I have followed CT Fletcher, (Iron Addicts founder) for quite sometime. So when I saw that he was releasing his own brand I was excited to try it, but funds have been tight lately so pulling the trigger on new supps has been on the backburner. SO thanks to the TROOPS program and Iron Addicts I was able to give a couple of his products a try.

Everything is fully disclosed on the label no prop blends. I'm not gonna highlight all the ingredients but its a pretty well put together formula. You have the effective dose of beta alanine at 3.2g, agmatine and hydromax at a gram each for a pump and then a few ingredients for energy and focus including 300mg of caffeine and 50mg of teacrine an ingredient I really enjoy and is being used in a lot of new preworkouts because studies have shown unlike caffeine you can use it for extended periods without building a tolerance.

I received Motha F******* Fruit Punch, and like I mentioned on the sleeve buster review my concerns with the name being intense maybe too much o for some audiences.
The taste on here was not my favorite, there was a weird aftertaste to the product that just was weird from day one and I never got used to it. The mixing was pretty good for the ingredients that are in here, there is a slight amount of grit when you get to the final sips but not too bad. I took this with on my way to the gym so around 20 mintutes before my workout.

I stacked this on a few occasions with sleeve buster the pump product from iron addicts and ill start out the review going over the pump section stacked and solo...

Pump with Sleevebuster- I have to say the when you pair this product with its counterpart it puts a massive amount of blood into the muscle you are working and sometimes gets downright painful. The pumps will stay with you for quite some time after the workout as well
Pump as a standalone-With 1g of agmatine and hydromax there is a fairly decent pump but its not going to knock your socks off, above average yes but but I would stack this as often as I could afford it.

Energy- This has a hefty amount of stims so if the energy wasn't there I would be very disappointed. Well this stuff delivers on energy better than any product I can remember taking. There were several days that I would workout for 2+ hours and still have the energy to go for a run or play a little sports with my son.

Focus-Another homerun in this category for this product. Like I mentioned on the energy section I caught myself several times looking up at the clock and noticing that hours had passed, but it didn't seem like that at all. I was so zoned in on what I was doing that I didn't notice anything else, id plug my headphones in and get to work. i had crazy Tunnel vision and not wanting to stop to talk to anyone while I was lifting.

Around $30 is pretty standard these days for 30 servings of a well dosed effective preworkout, like I said in the sleevebuster review if you combine the two for an awesome experience then it could get a little costly. Maybe put together a stack discount or something of the like and it would be worth it.

Side Effects

DO NOT take this anywhere near bedtime. Regardless of how hard I worked out I was up for hours after taking this which led to some rough mornings and workdays.

Conclusion

I was very pleased with this as a standalone preworkout and when stacked I had some of the best workouts of my life. I read another reviewers review about his experience with a failed dug test due to this product so you may want to be wary there. I do have a test coming up next week so I will be able to let yall know if it has the same effect on me shortly.
  • Consistent Throughout Workout
  • Great Pumps
  • Great Focus
  • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime

Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!

I follow a couple of fitness deal pages on FB and Instagram and I have seen this product pop up a few times, but never really looked into it much. I really like Grass fed beef/whey anything to do with the such.

You have a 30.85g scoop here with 24g of grass fed whey protein made up of a 3:1 blend with the heavier end being whey isolates. This is a very clean protein with only a half gram of fats and 3 total carbs. This protein is naturally sweetened with stevia.

I received the Belgian Chocolate flavor and it ...

I received the Belgian Chocolate flavor and it wasn't awful, but like somebody else mentioned I hate stevia, hate hate hate it. It always leaves a bad taste in my mouth regardless of what its in, and I do my best to avoid it. The chocolate flavor was decent with that bad aftertaste, but not undrinkable. This mixed fairly easy with very little clumping.

I know some people debate the difference between grass fed and other types of protein, but i am a very big believer that grass fed is so much better. I recently tried grass fed beef and I don't think I will ever eat a burger from any other kind of meat. WIth the grass fed protein I felt that my system digested it very well, probably one of the best digesting proteins that I have ever put into my body. I never had any bloat or any gas whatsoever.

This isn't available at very many places but at the moment I see that its going for around $45, which is on the higher end of proteins, but its from a grass fed source so it will obviously be a little more expensive. If you enjoy the taste then I think the price point is pretty good.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Like I mentioned in the value section, if you like the taste then this is a good product. The macros in this can fit into any diet with low fat and carbs. Thanks to Strength.com for sending this out to the TROOP program to try.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Grass Fed Sources
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • Bitter Aftertaste

Thanks to Iron Addicts for sending it out!

A short list, but for the most part effectively dosed products here. Starts out with 6g of Cit Malate, 2.5g of betapower(trademarked type of betaine), 1 gram of Hydromax(trademarked 65% glycerol powder), 1g of beet root extract( love this dose, I respond well to this and usually doses are substantially lower) and 150mg of Norvaline an ingredient known for helping prolong the pump the other ingredients in this are supposed to induce. For a pure pump product I like this list, its missing agmatine, but the preworkout includes it in case you want to stack the 2. Other than that I'm happy with the dosages except maybe another .5-1g of hydromax.

Taste I received was MuthaF*ckin Fruit Punch, now ill start out here by saying I get it hes a hardcore guy, most of his fans follow him for that reason. But I feel like in trying to sell supps that maybe he could tone the name down just a bit. It doesn't bother me at all but there are a lot of people out there that probably will leave this on the shelf regardless of the effectiveness simply because of the name.

Now on to the actual taste, I used this as a standalone and mixed with his preworkout so I would know what each tasted like individually. This isn't anything special with a slight chemically aftertaste. Fruit punch is there but I never looked forward to it.
This mixed without a ton of difficulty but towards the bottom of the shaker it would start to settle with some grit, I'm guessing the hydromax, but id just give a few swirls or add a little extra water. and good to go.
Dosing was 30ish minutes preworkout with or without a stimmed PWO.

As a standalone used without any kind of extra stims this product seemed to fall a little short of expectations. The only days I really felt extremely full while using this were bicep days with tons of volume and leg days where I just hammered my quads.
Now when I stacked this with Sidewalk Krakka his PWO I really enjoyed this product. The two are made to compliment each other and they do that very well. When the Agmatine from Krakka mixed with this it really brought the pumps out more it seemed I felt very full especially around my front delts. On chest/shoulder days the front delt pump would get downright painful. The norvaline in this also helped prolong the pumps, usually lasting a few hours after leaving the gym.

Youre going to pay around $30 per tub of this, maybe a few dollars less on a sale. I like the formula and doses, but that is a little much for me when I felt like the best way to use this is as part of a stack.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Sleeve buster was a decent product it didn't blow me away, and wasn't as in your face as CT when used by itself, but it made up for by that as a stacked product that I truly enjoyed. Maybe in the future they can put out a more comprehensive PWO and combine the ingredients of the 2 to drive the price down a little.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great When Stacked
  • Prolonged Pumps

Thanks to USPlabs for sending it out!

I got a txt for a great deal on this protein from USP Labs. I was getting a little stale of the chocolate I had stacked up on my shelf, and decided to try out the "new and improved" flavors from USP.

A fairly clean protein product with some added healthy fats. Nothing extra here 23g of a blend of different protein sources, 3.5g of fat, and 2g of carbs.

Caramel Cookie Stix was the flavor I decided to try out, its USP's try at a Twix flavored protein. And I have to say they nailed it, even with plain water (which is what I use almost all the time) this was delicious, a sweet chocolate taste with a slight hint of caramel was refreshing. Mixing was on point and there was never any clumps when using a blender bottle. Thickness for me was perfect, it was very thin but full of flavor. Made it very easy to chug down after a workout.

Its becoming a redundant phrase at the beginning of these reviews on proteins. There's not a whole lot to say on this section other than the taste and how it is handled digestively. My body recovered like it should have no more or less soreness than usual. As far as digestion goes even with using 2 scoops my stomach handled this great. I always have a little gas when using protein, especially blends, but that wasn't the case here. After drinking this post workout I didn't feel overly heavy or full. It seemed to clear my stomach much faster than other proteins.

Here is what drove me to buy this protein, even though the new flavor had me curious. 59.99 for (3) 2lb tubs is really hard to beat for quality protein and this seemed to be quality. This was on a deal that USP Labs runs quite a few of. On other websites though I found this in several places for around $22-25 still a few dollars cheaper than other 2lb tubs.

Side Effects

Conclusion

USP Labs has caught some flack for some products and claims here lately. And I don't think they could ever go back to the glory days of Jack3d original, OxyElite and Pink Magic. But they produced a solid and very tasty product here.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Digestive Issues

I love trying out different protein snacks and quest bars have been near the top of tasty alternatives. The regular bars used to be great, but they changed a couple ingredients and it seemed to have really affected the taste and texture. When they came out with these I thought I would see if anything had changed between these and the regular quest bars.

The protein is a little lower than normal protein bars at 12grams per bar, protein come from milk and whey isolates. 17g of carbs 6 of which is dietary fiber. Lastly 4.5g of total fat. They use a new sweetener called allulose which they claim is similar to normal sugar at 1/10th of the calories.

My rating here will be taste and texture. So far I have only tried the waffle flavor and all I can say is wow. I love these things to me the waffle flavor really resembled cinnamon toast crunch cereal bars which makes me wonder what the cinnamon roll flavor tastes like. The texture also really resembled normal cereal bars, they have that crisp rice texture that is just a tiny bit chewy. There is a slight frosted glaze that really puts the "icing on the cake" slight pun intended. Dosing is whenever you need a protein rich snack. For me this meant breakfast before work.

---Effectiveness----
    I feel like this section on protein bars should be included in the taste/texture section. I will say that it helped me meet my protein needs for the day and thAt I didn't experience any digestive issues while using these at all.

25.99 seems to be the general price for a box of 15 or 1.99-2.29 For individual bars. For the amount of protein you get in each bar this is a little high, but the great taste honestly makes it worth it to me I have bought a few boxes already.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I went into this with an open mind and not expecting what I got. I wish there was a little more protein in these, but I guess you can't always have a perfect protein ratio with great taste. Going to try the other flavors soon and will add in notes here as I do, but if you want something different from the usual chewy bland protein bar then give this a shot I don't think you will regret it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quick Delicious Snack
    • Slightly Expensive
    • Lower Protein Content Than Usual

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

Redcon1 has been littering my newsfeed on social media along with another new brand I will also be reviewing shortly, but I have been intrigued by them since looking into the products. Thanks to Redcon for sending out tons of products out to try to the TROOPers to try I was lucky enough to grab a couple and heres the 1st review...

Solid fully disclosed profile on this stuff, you have your beta alanine and taurine to help fight off muscle fatigue dosed adequately at 3.2 and 1 gram. Next you have caffeine at 250mg a nice spot for me as far as caffeine goes and then they add in a few other ingredients under that for stim and focus purposes too, nothing new or groundbreaking, but synergistically they all seem to work together very well. Lastly you have citrulline malate(6grams) and agmatine (1gram) or your pump and vascularity, the 1st of those I think is a little underdosed but that leaves a little room to stack with their pump product Big Noise(review to come later).

I requested and received blue lemonade and it seems when it comes to some ingredient in these preworkouts my taste buds are effected differently than everyone else on here. I kept reading how great this taste and while it wasn't horrible I didn't think it was great, to me it had a strange aftertaste that was quite strong especially if you didn't use much water. It mixed great though and had very little sediment left over. Dosing is self explanatory like all pre's.

Its been awhile since I was completely and totally satisfied with a product on the energy and focus spectrum. There have been some good ones that did the trick well enough but Total War really made me lose track of time and just hit it hard everytime i walked into the gym. I found myself sweating buckets at the end of a 2 hour workout and still feeling like i could go back and do more. The focus was top notch i rarely removed my headphones and would just be zoned in to my next set staring in the mirror getting myself ready. What's even better is i rarely ever crashed, but i would not recommend this for ANY workout close to bedtime. The only let down for me was the claims of skin splitting pumps, and really its not that much of a let down. Bigger companies like this market their preworkouts between stim and nonstim/pump products for a reason $$ and i cant fault them for that. The pump was about the same as if i had just taken a pure stim product, there , but not pronounced or impressive.

At around $40 for 30 servings seems to be the going rate for above average preworkouts these days maybe a little high,but fair. If you stack this with their pump product which i will be doing for my review on*Big Noise* it could get overly pricey but alone this is a solid buy.

Side Effects

insomnia if taken near bedtime

Conclusion

A bravo to Redcon1 for putting out a quality preworkout, i look forward to the next few products I'm about to get underway with and hope that i am as impressed with them as i was with this.
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Dosages
    • Great Endurance
    • -the John Rambo Effect
    • Extreme Focus
    • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime

Thanks to Ripped Labs for sending it out!

If you have read my past reviews you know I have trouble with pills so when I saw a liquid multivitamin product pop up I thought I would give it a shot. I have been feeling a little drained lately and sleepy and I thought that maybe some vitamins could help a bit.

This has pretty much everything you would want in a multivitamin supplement, the list is a mile long and attached over on the left of the page so I'm not even going to attempt to go into depth on that. They do add a few ingredients that you wouldn't usually don't see in a mulit although they are all dosed so low that I'm not sure what purpose they are fulfilling(carnitine 12.5mg, citrulline 750mg, and a 500mg of BCAAs) the thing they push about this product as that unlike other multis it has fulvic acid an organic plant based ingredient that boosts bioavailability of nutrients. Also Ripped labs claims that this vitamin product absorbs at a much much higher rate than pills 98% compared to 10-22%.

Here is a major major downfall for the product in my eyes. The taste Citrus is god awful, I cant explain the smell or the taste but its bad. I know that with a multi and all those ingredients it will be hard to make it taste great, but I would literally gag everytime I took this. I would shoot it then chase it with something immediately, if I allowed myself to taste this then I would almost throw up and I did actually a couple times.
    No mixing needed but the consistency of this looks kind of like baby diarrhea, seriously nothing appetizing about this. I took this each morning upon waking.

You take a multi for several reasons but the basis for me was to feel a little more energized and be overall more healthy. After about a week I felt like I was slightly more energized and feeling better even though I have been sleeping less. With my job lately and being in the process of moving I have only been getting about 5 hours of sleep a night max. While on this product my body felt fresher, and my acne even seemed to clear up a bit.

On the ripped muscle website this is $40 a bottle, now even if this does work that's just way too much for me for a multivitamin. You can buy a bottle of chewable vitamins for around $7-8 even if the bioavailability is lower you can double up and still be $25 cheaper so this would be a no go for me for reasons even other than the taste

Side Effects

taste can cause issues, I don't know if this is directly related to the product but while on this my hair seemed to get really oily.

Conclusion

Thanks to Ripped Labs for sending this out but unfortunately this just fell a little short for me. I felt a slight increase in energy and an overall better sense of well being, but with the taste and the price it makes it to where it would be hard to ever try again.
     Cons:

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!

My 4th product from outbreak, and like very few other brands if something from them comes up then I'm going to grab it and find a way to work it into my stack.

A well rounded and fully disclosed blend here, I think I'm the 4th or 5th review so I wont go real deep into the ingredients, but ill just go over what I think is important. Starts out with a hefty dose of 300mg of caffeine which seems like a pretty good chunk especially if you plan on using this in the morning and something else for a later day preworkout, and 50mg of theacrine which is a newer stimulant that is said to not build up a tolerance like caffeine. 1 gram of Carnitine HCl for fat loss a nice full amount for this. Lastly you have capsimax a type of pepper extract that is pretty common these days in fat burners and something I don't really care for because of the effect it has not only on the taste but the occasional heartburn

I received Dark Berry Blend and like all the other products I have tried this was top notch it was a stronger type of taste but pleasant. Like a raspberry/pomegranate type taste, the only problem I had like I mentioned in the ingredients the capsimax made the last couple of sips peppery/spicy.
    Mixing was never a problem and I took this in the AM immediately upon waking with a bottle of water followed by breakfast 30mins to an hour later

This is a thermogenic compound so most people will use this for fat loss or to take their pants down a size or two. I have been bulking all winter and I wanted to add a little cardio into my workouts to sweat a little without losing any gains or spending a lot of time warming up.
    For energy this stuff was money, I haven't drank coffee in awhile, but this stuff seemed to perform much better than coffee. I was awake and alert almost immediately after drinking and I stayed fairly energized until after lunchtime without a crash, just a gradual letdown.
    Thermogenic properties were there, but not the best I have experienced, it was slightly hit or miss. I had a few days where I could feel warm and got a little flush. During my workouts when I did an AM workout though I noticed I started to sweat much faster than usual and my shirt would be drenched by the time I finished which is impressive because regardless of heat and activity I usually don't sweat much at all.

$35 for 30 servings of a fully dosed product is solid when it delivers like this one did.

Side Effects

Occasional Heartburn and spicy burps from the capsimax

Conclusion

I really enjoyed this product and I feel like if I was on a stricter cutting diet then this would have been great. Like all the other outbreak products I have used I looked forward to drinking this every day, and finding a solid powdered fat burner is important to me since I do have serious problems swallowing pills. Thanks to OUtbreak for their continued participation in the TROOP program and for sending this out.
    • Appetite Control
    • Burn Fat
    • Solid Thermo Effect
    • Capsimax Spice

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!

Thanks to VMI for continually supporting the TROOPer program and sending out plenty of products. I claimed this because I wanted to switch up my protein flavor from the usual chocolate and snickerdoodle sounded pretty good at the time.

Protolyte is a very clean protein with almost an 85% protein content, 1g of carb, and less than 1g of fat. Anybody can fit this into their macros regardless of goals. They also added in an electrolyte and digestive enzyme complex. Now on the claims it says 5 grams of BCAAs and 4g of Glutamine, but looking at the label the scoop size is 29.** grams and protein makes up 24 so the aminos listed are ones that make up the protein and not extra supplemented in.

I received the snickerdoodle flavor and while it wasn't bad it really reminded me of another proteins cinnamon bun flavor more so than that classic snickerdoodle taste. The mixing was always pretty good when using a blender bottle and I just dosed it when I needed protein for the day.

As far as protein effectiveness goes I felt this was along par with the rest, recovery was slightly better than when I wasn't on any. My digestive system handled this very very well, I never noticed any bloating, gas or other discomfort. Now as for the added electrolytes that are part of the namesake, I really didn't notice any benefit from them. I know that electrolytes aren't going to be a hugely noticeable thing but I guess I thought I would be able to tell some kind of difference.

I seeing this at most places for an average of around $35 which for 30 servings of a protein this clean with any kind of additive is a solid deal to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I felt this product was as effective as any of the other top proteins out on the market now and with the profile it makes it a very versatile option to people bulking or cutting. The electrolytes may be a little more beneficial to athletes doing distance or cardio work moreson than me doing pure lifting but I'm not sure. Once again thanks to VMI for sending this out and also for the large amount of samples included.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Affordable
    • Quality Ingredients

Thanks to Outbreak Nutrition for sending it out!

Having tried and enjoyed a few of OUtbreaks other products, when I saw this available I had to grab everything I can from them if it fits into my regimine.

I have really started to enjoy intra products with carbs added into them. Antidote has 6 grams of dextrose added into 5 grams of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio and 1 gram of EAA. They also added actigin in, that according to their studies when combined with a fa st acting carb helps speed up recovery.

Strawberry Margarita is the flavor I got and wow, I was skepti...

Strawberry Margarita is the flavor I got and wow, I was skeptical at 1st but this stuff was great I would take 2-3 scoops with my half gallon of water sometimes a little less intra workout. It mixed great as well, a few shakes in a jug and it was not only dissolved but stayed that way regardless of how long it sat.

I noticed a fairly significant decrease in DOMS while on this, and the dextrose really helped with my energy levels during my workout. The flavor is so good as well I feel like it should be included in this section as well. It really helped break up the same ole boring water jug I had been toting around for the past couple months, I actually looked forward to using it every chance I got.

On Outbreaks website you can get 60 servings of this for around $45 which is a little on the high side for an intra, but it does have a few extra goodies in there besides just aminos. I don't think I could make this a month to month staple, but I will definitely be using it again.

Side Effects

Conclusion

So far Outbreak has been a reliable and very well performing company for me and I just want to say thanks for sending these products out and I look forward to whatever may be on the pipeline for their next products. With the flavoring as good as it is I would like to see some protein maybe MRP soon.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decreased DOMS
      • Energy