willyb87

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today
  • Social media account not linked

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by willyb87

(Thanks to USPlabs for sending it out!)
----Introduction----
I got a txt for a great deal on this protein from USP Labs. I was getting a little stale of the chocolate I had stacked up on my shelf, and decided to try out the "new and improved" flavors from USP.

----Ingredient Profile----
A fairly clean protein product with some added healthy fats. Nothing extra here 23g of a blend of different protein sources, 3.5g of fat, and 2g of carbs.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
Caramel Cookie Stix was the flavor I decided to try out, its USP's try at a Twix flavored protein. And I have to say they nailed it, even with plain water (which is what I use almost all the time) this was delicious, a sweet chocolate taste with a slight hint of caramel was refreshing. Mixing was on point and there was never any clumps when using a blender bottle. Thickness for me was perfect, it was very thin but full of flavor. Made it very easy to chug down after a workout.

----Effectiveness----
Its becoming a redundant phrase at the beginning of these reviews on proteins. There's not a whole lot to say on this section other than the taste and how it is handled digestively. My body recovered like it should have no more or less soreness than usual. As far as digestion goes even with using 2 scoops my stomach handled this great. I always have a little gas when using protein, especially blends, but that wasn't the case here. After drinking this post workout I didn't feel overly heavy or full. It seemed to clear my stomach much faster than other proteins.

----Value----
Here is what drove me to buy this protein, even though the new flavor had me curious. 59.99 for (3) 2lb tubs is really hard to beat for quality protein and this seemed to be quality. This was on a deal that USP Labs runs quite a few of. On other websites though I found this in several places for around $22-25 still a few dollars cheaper than other 2lb tubs.

----Conclusion----
USP Labs has caught some flack for some products and claims here lately. And I don't think they could ever go back to the glory days of Jack3d original, OxyElite and Pink Magic. But they produced a solid and very tasty product here.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Digestive Issues

I love trying out different protein snacks and quest bars have been near the top of tasty alternatives. The regular bars used to be great, but they changed a couple ingredients and it seemed to have really affected the taste and texture. When they came out with these I thought I would see if anything had changed between these and the regular quest bars.

----Ingredient Profile----
    The protein is a little lower than normal protein bars at 12grams per bar, protein come from milk and whey isolates. 17g of carbs 6 of which is dietary fiber. Lastly 4.5g of total fat. They use a new sweetener called allulose which they claim is similar to normal sugar at 1/10th of the calories.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    My rating here will be taste and texture. So far I have only tried the waffle flavor and all I can say is wow. I love these things to me the waffle flavor really resembled cinnamon toast crunch cereal bars which makes me wonder what the cinnamon roll flavor tastes like. The texture also really resembled normal cereal bars, they have that crisp rice texture that is just a tiny bit chewy. There is a slight frosted glaze that really puts the "icing on the cake" slight pun intended. Dosing is whenever you need a protein rich snack. For me this meant breakfast before work.

---Effectiveness----
    I feel like this section on protein bars should be included in the taste/texture section. I will say that it helped me meet my protein needs for the day and thAt I didn't experience any digestive issues while using these at all.

----Value----
    25.99 seems to be the general price for a box of 15 or 1.99-2.29 For individual bars. For the amount of protein you get in each bar this is a little high, but the great taste honestly makes it worth it to me I have bought a few boxes already.

----Conclusion----
    I went into this with an open mind and not expecting what I got. I wish there was a little more protein in these, but I guess you can't always have a perfect protein ratio with great taste. Going to try the other flavors soon and will add in notes here as I do, but if you want something different from the usual chewy bland protein bar then give this a shot I don't think you will regret it.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quick Delicious Snack
    • Slightly Expensive
    • Lower Protein Content Than Usual

(Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    Redcon1 has been littering my newsfeed on social media along with another new brand I will also be reviewing shortly, but I have been intrigued by them since looking into the products. Thanks to Redcon for sending out tons of products out to try to the TROOPers to try I was lucky enough to grab a couple and heres the 1st review...

----Ingredient Profile----
    Solid fully disclosed profile on this stuff, you have your beta alanine and taurine to help fight off muscle fatigue dosed adequately at 3.2 and 1 gram. Next you have caffeine at 250mg a nice spot for me as far as caffeine goes and then they add in a few other ingredients under that for stim and focus purposes too, nothing new or groundbreaking, but synergistically they all seem to work together very well. Lastly you have citrulline malate(6grams) and agmatine (1gram) or your pump and vascularity, the 1st of those I think is a little underdosed but that leaves a little room to stack with their pump product Big Noise(review to come later).

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I requested and received blue lemonade and it seems when it comes to some ingredient in these preworkouts my taste buds are effected differently than everyone else on here. I kept reading how great this taste and while it wasn't horrible I didn't think it was great, to me it had a strange aftertaste that was quite strong especially if you didn't use much water. It mixed great though and had very little sediment left over. Dosing is self explanatory like all pre's.

----Effectiveness----
    Its been awhile since I was completely and totally satisfied with a product on the energy and focus spectrum. There have been some good ones that did the trick well enough but Total War really made me lose track of time and just hit it hard everytime i walked into the gym. I found myself sweating buckets at the end of a 2 hour workout and still feeling like i could go back and do more. The focus was top notch i rarely removed my headphones and would just be zoned in to my next set staring in the mirror getting myself ready. What's even better is i rarely ever crashed, but i would not recommend this for ANY workout close to bedtime. The only let down for me was the claims of skin splitting pumps, and really its not that much of a let down. Bigger companies like this market their preworkouts between stim and nonstim/pump products for a reason $$ and i cant fault them for that. The pump was about the same as if i had just taken a pure stim product, there , but not pronounced or impressive.

----Value----
    At around $40 for 30 servings seems to be the going rate for above average preworkouts these days maybe a little high,but fair. If you stack this with their pump product which i will be doing for my review on*Big Noise* it could get overly pricey but alone this is a solid buy.

----Side Effects----
    insomnia if taken near bedtime

----Conclusion----
    A bravo to Redcon1 for putting out a quality preworkout, i look forward to the next few products I'm about to get underway with and hope that i am as impressed with them as i was with this.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Proprietary Blends
    • Great Endurance
    • Great Dosages
    • -the John Rambo Effect
    • Extreme Focus
    • Can Cause Insomnia If Taken Close To Bedtime

(Thanks to Ripped Labs for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    If you have read my past reviews you know I have trouble with pills so when I saw a liquid multivitamin product pop up I thought I would give it a shot. I have been feeling a little drained lately and sleepy and I thought that maybe some vitamins could help a bit.

----Ingredient Profile----
    This has pretty much everything you would want in a multivitamin supplement, the list is a mile long and attached over on the left of the page so I'm not even going to attempt to go into depth on that. They do add a few ingredients that you wouldn't usually don't see in a mulit although they are all dosed so low that I'm not sure what purpose they are fulfilling(carnitine 12.5mg, citrulline 750mg, and a 500mg of BCAAs) the thing they push about this product as that unlike other multis it has fulvic acid an organic plant based ingredient that boosts bioavailability of nutrients. Also Ripped labs claims that this vitamin product absorbs at a much much higher rate than pills 98% compared to 10-22%.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    Here is a major major downfall for the product in my eyes. The taste Citrus is god awful, I cant explain the smell or the taste but its bad. I know that with a multi and all those ingredients it will be hard to make it taste great, but I would literally gag everytime I took this. I would shoot it then chase it with something immediately, if I allowed myself to taste this then I would almost throw up and I did actually a couple times.
    No mixing needed but the consistency of this looks kind of like baby diarrhea, seriously nothing appetizing about this. I took this each morning upon waking.

----Effectiveness----
    You take a multi for several reasons but the basis for me was to feel a little more energized and be overall more healthy. After about a week I felt like I was slightly more energized and feeling better even though I have been sleeping less. With my job lately and being in the process of moving I have only been getting about 5 hours of sleep a night max. While on this product my body felt fresher, and my acne even seemed to clear up a bit.

----Value----
    On the ripped muscle website this is $40 a bottle, now even if this does work that's just way too much for me for a multivitamin. You can buy a bottle of chewable vitamins for around $7-8 even if the bioavailability is lower you can double up and still be $25 cheaper so this would be a no go for me for reasons even other than the taste

----Side Effects----
    taste can cause issues, I don't know if this is directly related to the product but while on this my hair seemed to get really oily.

----Conclusion----
    Thanks to Ripped Labs for sending this out but unfortunately this just fell a little short for me. I felt a slight increase in energy and an overall better sense of well being, but with the taste and the price it makes it to where it would be hard to ever try again.

----Introduction----
    My 4th product from outbreak, and like very few other brands if something from them comes up then I'm going to grab it and find a way to work it into my stack.

----Ingredient Profile----
    A well rounded and fully disclosed blend here, I think I'm the 4th or 5th review so I wont go real deep into the ingredients, but ill just go over what I think is important. Starts out with a hefty dose of 300mg of caffeine which seems like a pretty good chunk especially if you plan on using this in the morning and something else for a later day preworkout, and 50mg of theacrine which is a newer stimulant that is said to not build up a tolerance like caffeine. 1 gram of Carnitine HCl for fat loss a nice full amount for this. Lastly you have capsimax a type of pepper extract that is pretty common these days in fat burners and something I don't really care for because of the effect it has not only on the taste but the occasional heartburn

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I received Dark Berry Blend and like all the other products I have tried this was top notch it was a stronger type of taste but pleasant. Like a raspberry/pomegranate type taste, the only problem I had like I mentioned in the ingredients the capsimax made the last couple of sips peppery/spicy.
    Mixing was never a problem and I took this in the AM immediately upon waking with a bottle of water followed by breakfast 30mins to an hour later

----Effectiveness----
    This is a thermogenic compound so most people will use this for fat loss or to take their pants down a size or two. I have been bulking all winter and I wanted to add a little cardio into my workouts to sweat a little without losing any gains or spending a lot of time warming up.
    For energy this stuff was money, I haven't drank coffee in awhile, but this stuff seemed to perform much better than coffee. I was awake and alert almost immediately after drinking and I stayed fairly energized until after lunchtime without a crash, just a gradual letdown.
    Thermogenic properties were there, but not the best I have experienced, it was slightly hit or miss. I had a few days where I could feel warm and got a little flush. During my workouts when I did an AM workout though I noticed I started to sweat much faster than usual and my shirt would be drenched by the time I finished which is impressive because regardless of heat and activity I usually don't sweat much at all.

----Value----
    $35 for 30 servings of a fully dosed product is solid when it delivers like this one did.

----Side Effects----
    Occasional Heartburn and spicy burps from the capsimax

----Conclusion----
    I really enjoyed this product and I feel like if I was on a stricter cutting diet then this would have been great. Like all the other outbreak products I have used I looked forward to drinking this every day, and finding a solid powdered fat burner is important to me since I do have serious problems swallowing pills. Thanks to OUtbreak for their continued participation in the TROOP program and for sending this out.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Burn Fat
    • Appetite Control
    • Solid Thermo Effect
    • Capsimax Spice

(Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!)
    ----Introduction----
    Thanks to VMI for continually supporting the TROOPer program and sending out plenty of products. I claimed this because I wanted to switch up my protein flavor from the usual chocolate and snickerdoodle sounded pretty good at the time.

----Ingredient Profile----
    Protolyte is a very clean protein with almost an 85% protein content, 1g of carb, and less than 1g of fat. Anybody can fit this into their macros regardless of goals. They also added in an electrolyte and digestive enzyme complex. Now on the claims it says 5 grams of BCAAs and 4g of Glutamine, but looking at the label the scoop size is 29.** grams and protein makes up 24 so the aminos listed are ones that make up the protein and not extra supplemented in.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
    I received the snickerdoodle flavor and while it wasn't bad it really reminded me of another proteins cinnamon bun flavor more so than that classic snickerdoodle taste. The mixing was always pretty good when using a blender bottle and I just dosed it when I needed protein for the day.

----Effectiveness----
    As far as protein effectiveness goes I felt this was along par with the rest, recovery was slightly better than when I wasn't on any. My digestive system handled this very very well, I never noticed any bloating, gas or other discomfort. Now as for the added electrolytes that are part of the namesake, I really didn't notice any benefit from them. I know that electrolytes aren't going to be a hugely noticeable thing but I guess I thought I would be able to tell some kind of difference.

----Value----
    I seeing this at most places for an average of around $35 which for 30 servings of a protein this clean with any kind of additive is a solid deal to me.

----Conclusion----
    I felt this product was as effective as any of the other top proteins out on the market now and with the profile it makes it a very versatile option to people bulking or cutting. The electrolytes may be a little more beneficial to athletes doing distance or cardio work moreson than me doing pure lifting but I'm not sure. Once again thanks to VMI for sending this out and also for the large amount of samples included.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Recovery
    • Affordable
    • Quality Ingredients

----Introduction----
      Having tried and enjoyed a few of OUtbreaks other products, when I saw this available I had to grab everything I can from them if it fits into my regimine.

----Ingredient Profile----
      I have really started to enjoy intra products with carbs added into them. Antidote has 6 grams of dextrose added into 5 grams of BCAAs at a 2:1:1 ratio and 1 gram of EAA. They also added actigin in, that according to their studies when combined with a fa st acting carb helps speed up recovery.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Strawberry Margarita is the flavor I got and wow, I was skepti...

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
      Strawberry Margarita is the flavor I got and wow, I was skeptical at 1st but this stuff was great I would take 2-3 scoops with my half gallon of water sometimes a little less intra workout. It mixed great as well, a few shakes in a jug and it was not only dissolved but stayed that way regardless of how long it sat.

----Effectiveness----
      I noticed a fairly significant decrease in DOMS while on this, and the dextrose really helped with my energy levels during my workout. The flavor is so good as well I feel like it should be included in this section as well. It really helped break up the same ole boring water jug I had been toting around for the past couple months, I actually looked forward to using it every chance I got.

----Value----
      On Outbreaks website you can get 60 servings of this for around $45 which is a little on the high side for an intra, but it does have a few extra goodies in there besides just aminos. I don't think I could make this a month to month staple, but I will definitely be using it again.

----Conclusion----
      So far Outbreak has been a reliable and very well performing company for me and I just want to say thanks for sending these products out and I look forward to whatever may be on the pipeline for their next products. With the flavoring as good as it is I would like to see some protein maybe MRP soon.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Decreased DOMS
      • Energy

(Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending it out!)
        ----Introduction----
        I 1st read about Kraken on another site and loved the profile, originally I read this was supposed to have DMAA in it and that would have been great but lets see how it stacked up without it.

----Ingredient Profile----
        A solid and fully disclosed profile here, for pumps they have pure citrulline at 4 grams, agmatine at 1 gram, Hydromax at 2 grams(love this amount) and then 100mg of norvaline to help hold the pump a little longer. Caffeine isn't overpowering at 200mg and the beta alanine is effectively dosed at 3.2g, also some taurine added in there as well.

----Taste...

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        I have only 2 complaints on this product and the 1st is here.... I received as requested Sour Gummy Bears.... I opened the tub and smelled and wow delicious smelled just like a fresh bag of haribo gummy bears, scooped up the powder about 30 minutes before workout shook it up in the shaker and it mixed great... Took a big sip and bam the most chemical aftertaste I think I have ever encountered, but a flat tasting absolutely nothing like gummy bear thing I have ever tasted... But this is a preworkout so I'm not taking too many points for taste here, because honestly my expectations were probably too high anyways.

----Effectiveness----
        From the time I picked up the 1st weight till the time I walked out the door I felt great and ready to lift. While on this I had clean energy and a focus to rival almost anything else ive ever used. My workouts lately have been of varying styles but consistent in the sense of starting out with heavy movements and ending with some serious volume. My muscles seem to really swell and hold a pump for a good while, I felt like my body held onto the water I chugged down intra-workout more than usual. The energy was always very clean and not noticeable in coming on, but I always could tell it was there. Coming off the workout on a few occasions I had some issues that I will mention in the side effect section.
        '
        ----Value----
        On average I have seen this around $33, everything is dosed well and the profile is solid its only 20 servings but I still think the pricepoint here is solid and I would buy even if not on sale which I have seen several of on this.

----Side Effects----
        On a few occasions after the workout I would crash HARD, out of 20 workouts probably 3-4 times but I thought worth mentioning. Not just a normal stim crash either. Cold sweats, nausea, and just an overall drained and beatdown feeling. On these days nothing was out of the ordinary and the preworkout was the only constant but I'm not going to put the entire blame on the product.

----Conclusion----
        Even though I had a couple issues it isn't anything that would chase me off from using this again as while I was in the gym this product had me performing at what I feel like was top gear for me. Thanks to Sparta Nutrition for sending this outto us TROOPs and I look forward to whatever is in the works next.
        • Intense Focus
        • Excellent Endurance
        • Fully Transparent
        • Clinically Dosed
        • Pumps
        • Crash Afterwards

(Thanks to Nutraceutical Innovations for sending it out!)
        ----Introduction----
        I took a little time off preworkouts and the last product I used from nutra innov. worked out pretty well for me so when I saw them put a pre up I just grabbed it without really looking at the profile...

----Ingredient Profile----
        As everybody has mentioned 3 prop blends which is unacceptable to me in a preworkout. Caffeine is dosed well for me at 290mg but looking at everything else it is way under-dosed. I'm not going to dive into the profile because I don't know how much of each ingredient is in each scoop, but what I will say is if this was dosed accordingly I love the combination of ingredients.

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        This was really the only part of his product I was happy with. I'm not a Pina Colada guy, but this was refreshing and smooth. Absolutely no problems drinking this at anytime with cold water.
        Mixing was never an issue, and I used 1 scoop on the way to the gym.

----Effectiveness----
        Theres not really much that I have to say here. I got some decent energy from the 290mg of caffeine with no crash, but that's about where it ended. I didn't notice any extra focus. The pump ingredients in this were well put together, but so under dosed that I didn't feel anything from them other than the usual pump from reps.

----Value----
        $50+ for 30 servings of a preworkout is crazy even for the top of the line products. Theres no way I could pay this much ever for this.

----Conclusion----
        Really cool layout on the bottle and a nice attention catching name, but that's about where the positives end for this. I had taken a while off pre's for my adreanls to reset and this still fell short of any expectations I had.
        • Cool Name
        • Little To No Focus Enhancement
        • Prop Blends

----Introduction----
        I have a 5 yr old, a job with weird hours, and an already bad habit of staying up later than I should. So quality sleep has eluded me for quite some time, it wasn't until very recently that I started to realize how important sleep was to this fitness journey im on... Enter sleep aids, I have used my fair share with very mixed results, my run with outbreaks pump product was nothing short of wonderful so lets see how refuge did.

----Ingredient Profile----
        Transparent label no prop blends, starts out on the right foot. 1g of phenibut is a little more than I like but everything else in this is dosed acceptably. After 3-4 reviews up and a posted label all the ingredients have been mentioned and dissected already. Unlike every sleep aid I think I have used this doesn't contain Mucuna Pruriens, not a pro or a con just thought it was worth mentioning. Also like somebody else mentioned the serving size and the ingredient label seems to point to most of the scoop being fillers

----Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
        Ok, seriously, whoever is in charge of flavoring over at outbreak needs a raise. I received Lemonade and it was delicious just like with the other outbreak product Serum, this was very smooth and crisp. I mixed this up with cold water and sipped on it around 30-45 minutes before bed. Mixed well with some settling but not enough to complain about. I also only used this on days that I could sleep in and dedicate at least 7 hrs of sleep to.

----Effectiveness----
        After taking my final sip it would take about 15-20 minutes to start the yawning and feeling relaxed. When I laid down in my bed and closed my eyes that was usually all it took I was out. This is very unusual for me as I usually spend a good 15-20 minutes tossing and turning. While on this I cant remember getting up during the night and had some very deep sleep which resulted in some intense, often strange dreams. If I didn't use an alarm I was abe to sleep deeply for 8+ hours before I woke up. Upon waking naturally I felt refreshed and recovered. If I used an alarm I felt rested, but also a little groggy taking me about 15 minutes to really get in the right state of mind. The rest of my experience will be outlined in side effects....

----Value----
        Around $35 for 30 servings of a sleep aid is pretty average and i would have no issue paying this.

----Side Effects----
        While on for the most part everything was gravy. When i ran out though i noticed it was pretty tough to go to sleep. Like i mentioned above i didn't use this everyday so maybe some of the ingredients were still in my system on those 1-2 day breaks or maybe i just didn't notice it from being wore out after work and dad duties. But a few days after discontinuing the product it was rough, felt like i just snorted caffeine, no matter how tired i was id just lay there with my eyes closed. That's part of the reason this review is so delayed i wanted to see how long it would take for sleep patterns to return to normal, answer in my case about 2 weeks.

----Conclusion----
        A tasty supplement that is very effective but you may want to spread the dosages out substantially to avoid forming a needy habit of this stuff.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Increased Energy Upon Waking
        • No Proprietary Blends