wcstrong57

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+21)
  • Was an active member for 1 year, but hasn't been online since March, 2015
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by wcstrong57

June 8, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Focus
  • Can Have Bits In
  • Mood Enhancer
  • Doesn't Mix Well
  • Running To Bathroom
  • Rapid Heartbeat After Workout
Lets start from the top!

Effectiveness: (6/10)

Lets start from the top!

Effectiveness: (6/10)

Mr.Hyde was not the most effective pre i have ever used. Yes it is loaded with stimulants, however, I really didn't feel much more then what a good ole' cup of joe could have done for me. Now, some of those days where your alarm seems to go off a few hours earlier then you expected. It's not bad, Mr.Hyde definitely gave me a slight mental alertness. I can't attest for any extreme energy boosts. The only thing Mr.Hyde did for me was make my heart go 100 mph and make me a little more sociable in the morning. However, I have had a few friends that swear by Mr.Hyde. Maybe i'm just an isolated incident. I don't know.

Taste: (N/A)

As in many other reviews i down my supps pretty quick. So i'm not going to waste time writing about the flavor. Can't say I really sat there and savored the taste over dinner or lay awake at night craving the taste of Mr.Hyde. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Value: (6/10)

I'm rating this a six based off of the effectiveness. Not really a bang for my buck for what I experienced. (Now again, this is my personal experience with Mr.Hyde.) But, as a college student. Everything could be cheaper.

Overall: (7/10)

Overall, I wouldn't say i had a BAD experience with Mr.Hyde. i'd be lying to you if i said i never got any of the advertised effects. Here and there I got a fantastic workout with Mr.Hyde. However, sometimes he didn't show up when I needed him to. Nonetheless, it was a decent pickup. Not great and not terrible. I probably wouldn't buy it again. But, it's definitely worth giving it a try to see if it works for you (as i did for a handful of my friends.). Until then Mr.Hyde is Mr.Magoo in my book. A near sighted old man who sometimes by luck helped my workout, leaving me no worse nor better than before.

October 24, 2013

• Superbeastmode
  • Good Focus
  • Effective
  • Could Help Plateaus
  • Pricey
  • Need A Bigger Tub
Since the beginning of modern recorded history there has been an inconceivable lust for gold. However, what if I told you that there is a pre-workout that is worth it's weight not in gold, but, in platinum? (For those of you that don't know your precious metals, platinum is ridiculously more valuable.) With that being said, I am in love with ON's Platinum Pre.

Taste/ Mix-Ability (9/10)

Taste/ Mix-Ability (9/10)
The more you all here on Supplementreviews.com become familiar with me, you'll notice a trend. I'm not someone who's picky about the taste or mix-ability of a product (I don't drink them slow enough to distinguish one.). Therefore, I thought that Platinum Pre tasted pretty darn good. I did have the fruit punch flavor.
Now I did notice a slight spiciness to it, which is most likely in part due to the capsaicin. I also noticed throughout my two tubs of chugging that it was also a tad bit bitter. I didn't really mind the bitterness and I fairly enjoyed the spiciness, since it gave me a little kick. However, it gets old after awhile.

Effectiveness (10/10)
All I can say is i'm getting amped just thinking about taking this before a workout. My workouts during my football offseason (I play NCAA D3) consisted of a 4 day split, with moderate cardio. Every single day this product delivered.
I'm not a huge caffeine drinker, which is probably why this had a great effect on me. Aside from a slight beta-alanine tingle. Platinum Pre got me so amped to lift that I would go into "Gears Of War" Berserker mode when I was working out with the team (especially on power clean day). Nonetheless, Platinum Pre gave me an extremely clean burst of energy. I was amped but not jittery. I also didn't notice any crash from the product.

Value (5/10)
As much as it pains me to give this product a con, it is the price. Since I am a new reviewer on the site I must inform all of you that I'm a college student. I do not have a very large budget when it comes to supplements. Although, Platinum Pre isn't that bad of a deal when used sparingly. Online I found it priced at about $30 USD. With the largest serving container consisting of 30 servings (lasted me roughly a month.). But the problem is, I like to use 2 scoops. Which makes it last about half a month. Again, not unreasonable. I have a college budget. It can always be better.

Overall (10/10)
Other then my darn budget holding me back here and there. I have nothing negative to say about this product. ON did a great job with Platinum Pre. I highly recommend it if you feel like going into a state of pure euphoria that only a "Hammer Of Dawn" can stop you. Hope this helped. Thanks for reading.

October 23, 2013

• Good Meal Replacemet
  • Need Bigger Tub
Well, to start off this is my first review so please bear with me. Ever since I got into using supplements one of the biggest names I began to hear time and time again is, Muscle Milk now I've used many Cytosport products before such as, good ol' plain Muscle Milk and Monster Milk. In high school I never had a problem with losing weight during my football or track season (mainly thanks to Pa's wonderful public school cafeterias. But I'll save that for another time.).
Once I got to college I finally realized why my coaches were worried about my weight. At defensive end weighing only 215 isn't great to begin with (even at the D3 level). Most of the guys I line up across from are 260 plus. Which is why I decided to give Muscle Milk Collegiate a try.

Taste/Mix-ability (10/10)
Now I know that when it comes to taste some people are extremely picky. Personally, I went with chocolate milk. I figure no matter how bad of a product a company can come out with, it's pretty hard to mess up chocolate. I think It tasted great. As for the mix-ability, my blender bottle worked just fine, again, i'm not very picky when it comes to taste and texture and occasionally I got a clump or two; no big deal.

Effectiveness (9/10)
As for weight gain, I can say I gained a solid 3 to 4lbs off of this product during my off season. Which consists of a 4 day a week intense lifting session with the team, moderate cardio, and a lax spring practice about once or twice a week.
However, during the season Muscle Milk Collegiate did exactly what I needed it to do. My goal during my second season was to keep my weight consistent. Which as I'm writing this review is about a week past the half-way point in our 10-game schedule.
I came into this season weighing about 215. As of right now i'm roughly 213-214ish. Which is exactly what I needed to do is keep my weight consistent throughout the duration of my season. Keep in mind this is with a pretty inconsistent diet due to classes, studying, practice, etc.

Profile (-/-)
I'm not going to go into detail about the profile since i'm all about function. Solid amount of protein and carbs. Keeps me recovered and ready to go when I need to be. Good enough for me.

Value (8/10)
Sorry to keep repeating myself, but, as a college student this product isn't insanely expensive. It's actually very fair. I found a 5lb tub (lasted me roughly a month) of this online for about $35 USD. Which again, isn't out of this world. But come on, i'm in college. It can always be better.

Overall (9/10)
Overall, this product is well worth the money you'll be spending on it. Especially if you're (like myself) a collegiate athlete trying to keep weight on or gain a few quality pounds during your on or off. Or perhaps you need a quick boost between classes and don't have the time to sit down and eat a good meal. It is my go to and I highly recommend it. Hope my first review helped. More to come.