ttcomaha

• Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since December, 2016
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by ttcomaha

Overall
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  August 22, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Taste
  • Boost Of Endurance

As always, thank you to the SR TROOPS program and the participating sponsors. This time around, I got my hands on RCSS's Amino-Tone, a BCAA product to keep hydration in check while aiding in endurance and recovery. Though this specific product didn't really stand out from the rest, it was enjoyable and much appreciated! Here goes

Ingredient Profilee

Ingredient Profilee

With almost 30 reviews up on SR, there's tons of input on the profile. In all, the formula is pretty straightforward and exactly what you'd expect from an amino product. Amino-Tone has the BCAA ratio at 2:1:1 and includes a couple of blends that aid hydration and fat-loss. I do like to see Astragin on the label as well!
(profile posted below)

AMERICA! A fun flavor that's definitely an eye catcher! It's supposed to taste like bomb pops, a nostalgic flavor that never gets old. This actually tastes more like a limeade type deal, but still pleasant to take. I did notice quite a bit of grit after mixing, almost like that swirl of glitter in fancy liquor.. Not absolutely unbearable, but pretty sandy. Dosing was fine. I took Amino-Tone first intra-, then later only post- after a couple of weeks.

As usual with my workouts, I stay properly hydrated. This aspect was unaffected while taking this BCAA. My endurance was however better intra-, as muscle fatigue was noticeably delayed. My recovery was also increased as two day breaks become one, and one day breaks disappeared! Unfortunately this isn't an outstanding feature as I experience this with every other BCAA product I've taken. I did not notice any thermo effect that is being mentioned in some of the other reviews. Weight was unchanged from before, and if anything, increased (likely water weight). Thankfully, this was tasty, thus more than easy to take.

Amazon has this listed at $23.77, but I believe the average is around $30. At just about $1 per serving, the value is up to you. If BCAA's are a staple for you, I'd look for another product. If this is just something to treat yourself for a month, it's not a bad value. Overtime, for what BCAA's are worth, try something cheaper.

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

In all, I have to say this product is essentially mediocre, but nonetheless decent. The effectiveness is that of any other solid amino, but that's it (plus a bit of Astragin). The value is competitively priced. Though mixability is a bit shoddy, the taste is still there and makes for a great treat for a sweet tooth! I would recommend to try, but maybe not to keep around.

Thanks to Enzo Nutrition for sending it out!
  July 29, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Pumps
  • Decreased Effectiveness

Hey SR! Hope the summer is going well for you all. A quick thank you to SR's TROOPS Program and Enzo Nutrition for allowing me to try their pre-workout! I've had my fair share of these products and will share the experience I've had with Alpha-Ex

Since the supplement industry has exploded, many consumers can recognize a decent profile on popular products. Enzo's stimulant preworkout would be one such. It includes properly dosed pump-inducing ingredients, focus/energy promoting complexes and more. See the label below. Here's the note from Enzo's rep
"Enzo Nutrition's Alpha Ex is the most thorough pre workout supplement you will find. Using cutting edge Nootropic ingredients, Alpha Ex provides long lasting energy, focus without the jitters, and a mind muscle connection comes unmatched. While also providing a variety of ergogenic supplements including, but not limited to: 6g of Citrulline Malate, 3.2g of Beta Alanine, 1.25g of Betaine, and 2g of Creatine HCl. Alpha Ex Benefits: -Skin stretching pumps -Increased endurance with more reps -Increases strength power and performance -Long lasting focus -Energy without the jitters -Increased mind muscle connection -Accelerated Recovery -Increased Drive and Motivation Alpha Ex provides a 100% transparent label with fully dosed ingredients and no proprietary blends or fillers."

The taste is not a strong selling point for this product. I found it to be similar to the unpleasant flavor of medicine (though not overwhelming), but that may be just me. Mixability is fine so long as you take the Alpha-Ex soon if not immediately after mixing well. If it sits for more than a couple of minutes, there will be a significant amount of settling. Dosing was simple though. This product was not used every day, but only 3-4 times per week, 15 minutes before beginning training.

After using preworkout products for almost four years, it's hard to find a product that really stands out from the insanely large sea of supplements of this category. I will say though, that Alpha-Ex can certainly be a dependable option. I'll judge effectiveness in the following categories entailed by note from Enzo's rep
-Pumps-
These were pretty strong for me! The doses of L-Citrulline and Betaine were sufficient to supply the pumps needed to be satisfied with each workout. Albeit these were not significant in terms of other products I've tried, but they were full, solid, and "skin-stretching" nonetheless. But I suppose that is what defines a "pump".. lol
-Endurance-
Endurance was increased while using Alpha-Ex. My intensity during workouts was allowed to be increased while maintaining the usual amount of time in the gym. I'd be able to handle two hours in the gym regularly if I felt it was needed. Accessory sets were enjoyable with every rep! Reps weren't increased however, as a result of the product (not that I'd attribute).
-Strength-
While running this product, I made some pretty good strength gains! I've programmed my bench from 265 1RM to 275 over the course of 4 weeks. Having done so, my rep ranges and working sets have increased in strength as well. While I would find my diet and training program to be the result of my gains, I can say that this preworkout certainly helped me give my all in the gym.
-Focus (mind-muscle connection)-
With the inclusion of DMAE, focus was strong in this category, for a while anyway. I seemed to respond well to this ingredient for the first couple of weeks. Coming into the gym I would be razor focused with every set, to the very end of each session. Each rep felt fully intentional, especially compound lifts that required more attention. However, the efficacy of this aspect seemed to decline after use, possibly from built tolerance. Once I'd used the product enough, it seemed almost as though my focus was completely unaffected after dosing.
-Energy-
This department is quite similar to the experience I had with focus. When first using this product, energy was noticeably increased. However, after more regular use, energy boosts seemed to drop to point where it was nearly nonexistent. I found this to be very strange because 250mg of caffeine is usually the sweet spot for me.

Alpha-Ex is currently available in 20 servings per container, each going for $40. Depending on how you look at the value of what's inside and what you actually get out of it, this product may be seen at a fair price. However, I personally did not get lasting* ergogenic effects from this preworkout and cannot deem each serving worth $2. The profile is still hefty!

Side Effects

Conclusion

In all, this was a fine experience with Alpha-Ex. The initial use of this product just about blew me away. My early* workouts were always in good supply of energy while directed with clean focus. Unfortunately, the said effects seemed short-lived and did not last to the end of the tub. Luckily though, I still had great pumps throughout! The lack of energy and focus towards the last half may be due to personal tolerance and may work out (lol) better for others. Still a decent product, but would not recommend to a friend.

Thanks to Legion Supplements for sending it out!
  June 11, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Non-addictive
  • Uninterrupted Sleep
  • Did Not Make Me More Sleepy
  • Woke Up Feeling Groggy

Hey all! This is a look at a sleep formula that caught me attention. I have trouble getting to sleep on a relatively regular basis. Thanks to the TROOPS Program and supplement companies willing give out products for review, I have the opportunity to try products that I may need to have on hand in the future. Here's a review over Lunar by Legion Supplements!

The profile is pretty thin in terms of how many ingredients are included. This is a plus! After a while of scanning countless labels on products to decide if suitable, it's nice to see something that's simple and sensible. Glycine, a nonessential amino acid, is dosed at 3g per serving. With a typical diet, you'll consume around 2g per day. Lemon balm is dosed at 600mg, which is typically used for digestive problems. It is also touted to relieve anxiety and promote restfulness. Rutaecarpine aka Evodia is an eastern herb generally used for digestive issues and some other problems. Each serving has 100mg.
As stated in JayT's review, the inclusion of Calcium Silicate is likely to keep the product from clumping. I wish they (Legion) would find a different method adding that property of the product, as it's hard to tell whether Calcium Silicate is safe for consumption (research is limited). Lastly, melatonin is a hormone that is naturally made in your body. It is widely used as a sleep aid to help with jet lag and lots of different sleep disorders. This is included at 500mcg, or 0.5g, which is the minimum effective dose, as opposed to the recommended 5mg.

Glycine - http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1072-glycine.aspx?activeingredientid=1072&activeingredientname=glycine -
Lemon Balm - http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-437-lemon%20balm.aspx?activeingredientid=437& -
Rutaecarpine - http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1159-evodia.aspx?activeingredientid=1159&activeingredientname=evodia -
Melatonin -http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-940-melatonin.aspx?activeingredientid=940-

LOVE WEBMD! Where's my degree, right?

Mixability is kind of goofy. The product doesn't really dissolve, as there are notable amounts of grit floating around in a sea of opaque puke green. But no issue; it's not like drinking a bunch of sand in water. Dosing is pretty easy if you don't mind the taste. I received chamomile, what I think is still the only available flavor. It's very sweet and should be taken with cold water**. I wasn't particularly a fan of the taste, so I tried using hot water since the flavor is a kind of tea. DON'T DO IT. Trust me. It's gross.
I used Lunar 3 nights a week maximum to avoid tolerance and decline of efficacy.

Sleep was pretty good thanks to Lunar! The first night I used this product, I remembered that it was one of the best nights of sleep I'd had in months! Typically, upon dosing, a minor flush of drowsiness would occur which would last about 20 minutes (give or take). This time frame made it much easier for me to fall asleep, quicker at that. I'd be put out pretty deep in sleep for the whole night! Many times, the heaviness often dragged into the morning, sometimes making getting out of bed a challenge. This aspect was pretty consistent to the end of my run.
After a couple weeks of use, I noticed the drowsiness faded quite drastically. Being able to fall asleep was just as if I hadn't taken Lunar at all. However, once I did finally knock out, the deepness of sleep was (less than but still) similar to the initial doses of this product. I can't say I know what caused this, but melatonin is dosed quite low. Regardless, the deep sleep, once I got there, helped me get the rest I needed for another day of grinding (given the sleep hangover wasn't too heavy). Again, I only used this product a maximum of 3 nights per week, rarely taking consecutively. I'm assuming the way to get the best out of this product is to use it only if there is significant trouble falling asleep / staying asleep, meaning using even less than 3 times a week. I was however under obligation to finish Lunar in a reasonable amount of time.

You can get a tub of Lunar for about $28 for 30 servings. Given it is a supplement with not just pro-sleep qualities, this is a good value. If you use this product as recommended on the label, or even more sparingly so, it will last you a while.

Side Effects

You may have trouble getting up in the morning..

Conclusion

In all, I think it's always nice to have a sleep aid on hand, Lunar being no exception. No it didn't necessarily help me fall asleep (consistently), but it certainly improved deep sleep. Train, eat, sleep! I suppose with any sleep aid, the efficacy will always decline after (relatively) frequent use. In any case, if you only have trouble falling asleep, and not staying asleep, maybe look elsewhere. Also, assuming you get enough of your nonessential aminos, which is the case for me, I'd go with just plain melatonin, which is cheap at 5mg per cap. Not a bad product from Legion, but personally, I don't think I'll be stocking my shelves with Lunar

Thanks to BELDT Labs for sending it out!
  June 3, 2016

• No Jitters
  • Leaning Out
  • No Crash Effect
  • 90 Pill Bottle Would Be Nice
  • No Thermo Effect

Tis the season to try a new fat burner! Beldt Labs has been getting a whole lot of attention lately, namely SKALD: Oxydynamic Fat Scorcher. With the majority of the reviews being positive, even so with the TROOPS expert reviewers, I was too tempted to pass up the opportunity to try SKALD!

Though the profile on SKALD is listed under a proprietary blend, the ingredients include tried and true caffeine, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, green tea extract, bitter orange, yohimbe extract and Bioperine. It's hard to tell whether these are going to be properly dosed given the blend, but with 336mg per serving, and the plethora of other ingredients, you can assume it's not likely. However, I can't say I'm an expert in what's needed in an effective fat burner. This review will be mostly based on observation of ergogenic and physical changes. For more in depth analysis, see some of the other well-written reviews.

This fat burner is capsule form, so the dosing was very straightforward. Two capsules were taken a day, one in the morning, one in the evening. I will note that the times I dosed in the morning on an empty stomach, the pills did have a nasty burp. I recommend taking this with a small meal.

For starters, my initial weight was 170lbs at 12% BF. My calories were at deficit but not in necessarily strict diet.
During the first week of use, I noticed a pretty strong boost of energy in the morning upon dosing. The energy is very clean and controlled; I did not experience any jitters or crash directly from this product. My focus wasn't noticeably effected, but energy lasted up until the afternoon before my next dose. If I ever did feel a crash coming on from taking preworkout (post- morning dose of SKALD), the second dose of the burner alleviated the issue. This was consistent to the end of the bottle. I did not notice a thermogenic effect, that is I can't say it wasn't the warmer weather that making me sweat more. My appetite was moderately suppressed. A pound or two was lost, likely to be water weight. No physique changes, but no surprise.
During week two, I began to notice a lack of endurance during workouts. My muscle fatigue was increased and started much earlier in sets and the overall workout than usual. I did drop 2 solid pounds and was feeling somewhat leaner. Energy was still consistent and kept me rolling to the end of the day. Cuts in the intercostals started to creep up.
During the third week, I lost another pound and a half. My physique was noticeably leaner as my diet was able to be kept with the appetite suppression. Muscle fatigue issues persist. Still no noticeable changes in thermogenic effects and appetite suppression had begun to decline. Striations in muscles increase and vascularity is moderately increased as well.
At the end of the fourth week, I'd lost a total of 5 lbs ending at 165 lbs. By then, I'd dropped to 9% BF! It was mainly my lower abs and intercostals that had the biggest change in appearance. My lower back tends to carry the bulk of my body fat, but did become relatively leaner. The rest of my physique showed overall better muscle separation and definition at the end of the run. Unfortunately, I saw no attributable changes to breathing that many reviewers reported. :(

You can get a bottle of SKALD for about $1 per serving at $30, given you only need the minimum dosage. Regardless of whether or not this product blew me away, the value is still there with solid results. Bear in mind, if you are unfamiliar with fat burners, products in this category are intended to cut the very last bits of fat on the body, not an excess of however many pounds that some hype products claim.

Side Effects

Aside from some burps if not taken with food, there are no adverse sides.

Conclusion

I haven't tried all that many fat burners to compare the experience I had with SKALD. I will say that it was a positive one and would consider another run of SKALD should I look to cut my physique up some more. Now did the burner itself* tear off 5 lbs from my body? No, but with the help of intense training with cardio (unusual to me) and semi-diet, yes. Did it make a difference that stands out from other fat burners on the market? I'd say it made a mark. For me, it's not a game changer, but I am pleased with the results to say the least. Would recommend.

Thanks to Nutra Clipse for sending it out!
  May 15, 2016

• Decent Pump
  • Proprietary Blend
  • Poor Label
  • Headaches

Thank you NutraClipse for the product to review, and the TROOPS Program for the opportunity! Here's yet another preworkout review!

Alpha Drive's profile seems to have the ingredients I enjoy and respond well to. It looks like most reviews before this one covers just about every aspect of the profile. Go ahead and refer to their research and input. AMP Citrate is something that I looked forward to though! This is all under a prop blend listed on what is a questionable label.

Taste is just fine. I received ora...

Taste is just fine. I received orange pineapple; not as tart as you might expect, not too sweet either. No mixability or dosing issues. For the first week, I dosed this regularly with every workout. From then on, I used Alpha Drive anywhere from 1-3 days a week. See effectiveness and side-effects.

This preworkout may have won a special place in my stash of supplements. Though pumps were actually apparent (subpar), Alpha Drive only promises "endless energy, focus and relentless drive". The energy was very clean and notable; there was more than enough in a serving to finish a workout. The beta-tingles are sTrong. The focus I experienced during workouts were something I hadn't experienced before. Most focus support ingredients used in the industry that I see being used are caffeine (often as standalone) and taurine. The inclusion of AMP Citrate had me razor focused, rep for rep, set for set. I wasn't all jacked like the pre- was spiked with stimulants. When I needed to be intentional with form on strength training days (which is every time haha), I had complete control. My first week using Alpha Drive had some of the best workouts I've ever had.

The best price I can find is $35. Each tub comes with 30 servings; so at $1.17 a serving, the value is fair enough to me. Yeah, it's a "prorrietary blend", but its profile looks okay, especially with the inclusion of the elusive AMP Citrate. Very sharp focus, but it may ask for a price that is not your money.

Side Effects

Unfortunately for me, my focus was at cost. After a week of use, I noticed very sharp headaches after dosing and heading to the gym. The primary aspect of the product ended up having an opposite and detrimental effect on my focus, and more importantly, my workouts. I found the best way to get around this was to use Alpha Drive only on days where that sharp focus was absolutely necessary (about 1-2 days a week, absolutely no more than 3). This helped keep the headaches away, though I often took an aspirin with this pre- just in case. Again, this focus is great, but sides may creep up on you, especially with frequent use. It's probably why AMP Citrate is so hard to find.

Conclusion

In the end, I'm glad I had the opportunity to try out Alpha Drive. Profile lists plenty of reputed ingredients, the product mixes and goes down easy, the effectiveness matched the profile and was none short of impressive. Although the side-effects were rather worrisome for me, my run of Alpha Drive still manages to be a positive experience. Should you decide to try it, do so sparingly!

Thanks to DAS Labs for sending it out!
  April 18, 2016

• Good Pumps
  • No Prop Blends

Here's a review over a product from a brand I'm sure we've all heard of by now: Deer Antler Spray. This PWO has a pretty good looking profile that includes DAS Labs signature extract along with tried and true ingredients to go with it. Thank you to the TROOPS Program and of course to DAS Labs for the huge supply of Bucked Up to try!

Although my initial impression of DAS was another snake oil company, the release of this product caught my attention. Bucked Up has 6g of citrulline malate, 2g of beta, and 200mg of caffeine. Right off the bat, this (and the lack of a proprietary blend) matches my criteria for a solid profile.
Alpha GPC was initially used to treat diseases like Alzheimer's, but is available in the states as a supplement to improve memory and cognition.
Astragin is included to potentially increase absorption of citrulline by up to 67%.
Actigin is also on the profile to boost your VO2 Max and endurance overall.
And of course, Deer Antler Velvet, which is rich in IGF-1 and 2.
Modern staple ingredients with (personally) unfamiliar but promising ones make a curious PWO! For more information on the profile, see DAS Labs description of each ingredient --- http://buckedup.com/bucked-up-preworkout-key-ingredients/ ---

I believe Blood Raz is currently the only available flavor, which was pleasant to drink! Like cherry cotton candy maybe.. Mixability is fine as well, with little to no grit and no foaming. Dosing was easy to the end of the tub.

-Energy/Endurance-
Bucked Up has a pretty clean energy. I didn't experience any jitters or crash at the end of each workout. 200mg was enough to keep me training for as long as I needed. Endurance-wise, I found no significant increase, or change for that matter. Beta-tingles were noted! Gotta love em. Still good in this department.

-Focus-
Similar to endurance while on this product, my focus was unaffected.
Alpha GPC --- http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-1087-alpha-gpc.aspx?activeingredientid=1087&activeingredientname=alpha-gpc ---

-Strength/Pumps-
While I will say my strength was not increased by Bucked Up, the pumps of this PWO were above par. This aspect really shined I'm guessing from Astragin. Though I've had other products with 6g of citrulline (which I respond well to), these pumps were especially full, often making me lose a lot of definition while the pumps were still there! Good stuff
No muscle growth was achieved while using this product.
Actigin and Astragin --- http://nulivscience.com/astragin/ ---
Deer Antler Velvet --- http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-808-deer%20velvet.aspx?activeingredientid=808 ---

The value is a bit tricky since only certain aspects of the product can I deem effective. On DAS Labs website, you can pick up 30 servings for $50. It was available at esupplements.com for $40 but is currently out of stock. $1.67 per serving is not a value I see fit for this product. However, if it were $1.30 per, I feel the value would be more suitable.

Side Effects

During my first week of use, I noticed skin flushes during my workouts. I don't know of any of the listed ingredients that would cause this to happen... The flushes faded after more use (not sure if that was smart) with no other sides. I don't think this is a red flag, since I may be the only one to experience this. But we'll see

Conclusion

Overall, good product. Though DAS Labs may be built on a product that partially relies on anecdotal evidence, Bucked Up did a fine job in this category. Good pumps, good energy. That sounds like a solid PWO to me. I'd also like to mention that there was a hiccup in the amount of servings in the tubs sent out to the TROOPS. This was unnoticed by me personally, but DAS Labs went ahead and made sure that this issue was addressed in time for me to have a straight run of the product. *Thumbs up for great service. Thank you again to the TROOPS Program, and DAS Labs for the product to review!

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  March 30, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Recovery
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Reduced Post Workout Fatigue
  • Trust No Farts

A big thanks to NutraBio for the chance to run a bunch of products here at SR. I'm pretty open to new things to try, especially when it comes to bettering my gains. I haven't tried any post-workout products before and figured NutraBio would start me off right! Here's my take on NutraBio's Post Recovery.

As to be expected with NutraBio, the profile is chock-full of ingredients and is fully disclosed. Post Recovery includes BCAA's (8g at 2:1), a recovery blend (5g L-Glutamine and more), strength/growth blend (1.6g beta-alanine, 1.5 betaine and more) along with some creatine, electrolytes and a plethora of other goodies. Also added, BioPerine is on the profile said to help nutrient absorption. As far as I've seen, this company always delivers rock-solid profiles.

Mixability is fine; was a bit frothy after mixing, but dissipates after a little while. There is a bit of grit left at the bottom, but nothing crazy. Orange mango tasted great! Like the orange mango I tried with NutraBio's Super Carb, it was tart and on the sweet side. I will say that there was a pepperiness to it, likely from the BioPerine. Regardless, it was masked well and was pleasant to drink. I took this about 45 minutes after a workout, as directed. No complaints here

As the category entails, this post workout was designed to reduce recovery time and maximize workout gains. Initial thoughts were this was a beefed up BCAA that isn't taken intra-workout. Right off the bat I will say I did not gain muscle weight or strength from this product (not that I'd attribute to the product that is). The recovery time with this was however a different case.
My training split is generally a push pull program, filling out 6 days a week, sometimes only five if I can't recoup in time to follow schedule. Aside from training legs, push and pull muscle groups consistently recovered greatly after 24 hours of time off! Albeit I wasn't hitting something like chest every other day, I feel I could have recovered in time to be able to do so with near the same strength and stamina as the training day before.
After training legs, they were also shockingly fresh after 48 hours. Typically, the second day after legs would leave me buckling at the sight of a flight of stairs. Not the case while taking Post Recovery! It certainly helped me get through weeks of high frequency training.
I also want to add that it kept my pumps going outside of the gym for about an hour; not sure how it helps anything, but it was satisfying for sure!

I'm seeing $40 for a tub of 30 servings at Amazon and NutraBio's site. For about $1.33 per serving, it's not a bad deal. Again, the profile is ridiculously full of good stuff, and dosed pretty well at that. I also didn't use this product on rest days to keep it around longer.. haha

Side Effects

Shortly after taking, I noticed a bit of gas followed by an experience that was much like when I was using creatine. If I just held all the gas in until the urges to "rip one" subsided, all was well. For those who have had issues with products like creatine, heed this warning: trust no farts.

Conclusion

Post Recovery is a great product that kept my DOMS and general muscle soreness under control, allowing me to train all week long! I'll have to try some other post workout products to really see how NutraBio's stacks up against the others. However, this company doesn't seem to disappoint. Good value, great recovery! Would recommend

Thanks again to SR TROOPS program and NutraBio

Overall
Thanks to Body Shop Nutrition for sending it out!
  February 21, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Pumps
  • Fully Disclosed

As always, thank you to the SR TROOP program! This chance to get first hand experience on products you're curious about is none short of amazing and should not be taken lightly. I hope my review of 150 Octane will fulfill my end of this opportunity!

The profile is fully disclosed and looks pretty stacked! For strength and pumps, a whole 6g's of Citruline Malate is included along with 2.5 g's of Betaine and another 1g of Agmatine Sulfate. Aside from the Citruline Malate, the thing that sold me was the 150mg of caffeine. Compared to most pre-'s you see today it's a tiny amount! I figured why not try something not so reliant on stims to get through a workout?
    Also, no inclusion of dyes but does contain sucralose

Mixability was just fine; only a few shakes to mix well. I received fruit punch. The taste was a run-of-the-mill fruit punch; not bad, but not the most pleasant I've ever had. Dosing was easy still to the end of the tub. That's what counts!

I'll try to divvy up effectiveness into some of the bases Body Shop Nutrition says are covered.

-Energy/Endurance-
    The energy was surprisingly sufficient. It was always clean, though I can't imagine 150mg being jittery and over the top with a crash. Steady energy throughout the workout.
    Feeling when Octane kicked in was pretty easy with the amount of Beta-Alanine that is in each serving. The tingles were pretty sharp with my first use, almost concerning! Most times, I'd still have noticeable beta tingles after leaving the gym! It certainly helped me push through.

-Focus-
    There really was nothing special here. Some days I could really hone my focus, others not so much; I think it was heavily determined by my own drive. Maybe I don't respond much to Taurine (or whatever else was supposed to help..?).

-Pumps/Vascularity-
    There'd better be some. Half of the label suggests them! The pumps I got from using this was as expected, sometimes more so: solid, full, awesome. Pumps are pumps, and Octane delivered.
    I did not have increased vascularity. However, I'm relatively veiny as is, so no complaints.

-Recovery-
    I didn't have improved recovery. I'm not exactly sure what's in Octane that would help (significantly) with this.

Stim-based pre-workouts used to catch my eye, but they usually put me out for the rest of the day after using them. Now I know I won't be needing +300mg of caffeine in my pre-'s!! Octane did a fine job.

A tub of 30 servings goes for $40. For ~$1.33 per serving, it's not a bad deal; pretty good considering some of the dosing in Octane. Lots of the important stuff!

Side Effects

No sides.

Conclusion

All in all, a reliable PWO in a sea of PWO's. The effectiveness is appealing considering pumps and tingles are pretty much guaranteed. With the profile in mind, the value is good. Plus, the amount of servings hit the 30 mark!, This PWO gives a solid kick. Would recommend

Overall
    Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      December 22, 2015

• High Quality
    • No Bloat
    • Extreme Endurance

Hi SR! I'll be reviewing NutraBio's Super Carb, thanks to the TROOPS program. I'd been having issues with muscling through (zing) my workouts and decided to try something new. I hadn't taken any carb supplements before, so I thought I'd give it a shot! Thanks so much again to the TROOPS program, and especially NutraBio!

NutraBio prides in the fact that their products have no fillers, proprietary blends, under-dosing, or banned/hidden ingredients. In each serving of Super Carb, there's 25g of highly branched cyclic dextrin, said to increase performance with exceptionally fast absorption. The product also has no sugar, but includes electrolytes to further spruce up the profile! With 60 servings per, everything is straightforward and promising!

I have to say, the taste was incredible. I received pineapple and it was spot on; always a pleasure to take. Dosing was usually 2 scoops per workout (intra) mixed with at least 20fl oz of water. Getting the product to mix completely was a bit of work sometimes. I add ice to my shaker, so that might've contributed to that. However, the label gave fair warning to mix 30-45 seconds.

This is a game changer for me. When I started taking BCAA's intra, I thought hey, this is kind of nice. But when I started taking Super Carb, it was next level. There weren't crazy pumps, or increased vascularity. I didn't gain muscle or anything like that. But in all major lifts, I was always able to keep my strength consistent through every working set (not going past usual # of sets), even after bumping up the weight (5-10lbs)! Yea, I should've figured 50g of carbs will do quite a bit, but nonetheless, the endurance blew me away. No bloat or discomfort. Absorption was also noticeably quick. And every time I left the gym, I'd still have a bit left in the tank.

NutraBio lists Super Carb at 60 bucks for 60 servings. It's a fair price at $1 per serving. However, I would consider this product a 2 scooper, bringing it up to 2 bucks per. Usually I'd say that's a deal breaker, but again, this is next level stuff for me. I think it's worth it! (wouldn't ever skip a coupon though haha)

Side Effects

No sides!

Conclusion

All in all, this was a great experience. I can honestly say that Super Carb made me a believer. I hadn't paid much attention to NutraBio before, but this company went way beyond my expectations. Good value, no blends, incredible endurance. Great taste is a plus too! Keep in mind this is a first for me, so I have not tried other carb supplements. But still, NutraBio has set the bar high.

Thanks SR and NutraBio!

Overall
      Thanks to HardCut Supps for sending it out!
        November 12, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Solid Pumps
      • No Blends
      • Clinical Doses
        Big thanks to HardCut Supps and SR for the opportunity to test this PWO!!

A big plus from HardCut is that the profile is completely transparent; I always appreciate an absence of proprietary blends. As promised from HardCut, all ingredients are fully dosed! Endurance and pumps are none short from the 6g of Citrulline Malate. Beta Alanine is at a whole 3g, and Caffeine Anhydrous at a balanced 300mg. The inclusion of Acetyl-L Carnitine HCL and N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine is to help with overall cognition and focus.

I believe the only flavor...
        Big thanks to HardCut Supps and SR for the opportunity to test this PWO!!

I believe the only flavor out now is Sweet Blue Razz. I personally don't ever choose to buy blue raspberry flavors in general, or even try them to start. The flavor was surprisingly good! It tastes like candy, to be honest, like a blue dum dum you get at the doc's office. Pleasant, easy to take. Mixability is quick and easy; no grit to note from me.

Endurance was not an issue while training, but I always have a bottle of BCAA's with me. Energy was very clean; I didn't notice any jitters. Typically I have about 3g of citrulline to other PWO's without it (citrulline) and get amazing pumps. But with Dosed, I felt I never reached a more intense or different level of pump, or even focus for that matter. This isn't to say that the pumps weren't there either. Don't get me wrong. I think this is a great product; the profile looks awesome which is what lead me to claim a tub. The taste and mixability is a big plus. I just expected.. more...I just thought I'd get more out of the 6g's.
        300mg of Caffeine is the sweet spot for me; I enjoyed that it wasn't any higher!

There's a lot of good stuff in here at highly dosed amounts. HardCut has Dosed listed at $36 for 30 servings. $1.20 isn't terrible for a PWO nowadays, especially with this profile. I noticed I did get a couple more servings out of the tub so that's nice too.

Side Effects

No sides

Conclusion

All in all, Dosed is a PWO I definitely wouldn't mind trying again. The pumps were good, energy and focus on par and a fully disclosed label. How often do I find that? Keep an eye out for HardCut Supps. This is their first and only product, but it's a great start