trey-carmine

• Member has been active for 2 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by trey-carmine

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!)
Pre-workouts will continue to be the the staple of many supplement users along with protein. The market is saturated with limited innovation by most supplement companies. Nutrex hit a home run with OUTLIFT and carried it over as an RTD which is a ready to drink pre-workout supplement. No measuring, no mixing, just grab and go. Let's see how Nutrex does with their OUTLIFT RTD compared to the standard powder most are use to.

This ingredient profile is made to stand the test of time. Everything is clinically dosed and perfect from a dosing standpoint. All ingredients are the same except no creatine and 50mg less caffeine, don't worry you still get a hefty 300mg.

Here are some key points from OUTLIFT RTD
-Citrulline Mallete 8g
-Beta Alanaine 3.2g
-BCAA 2:1:1 ratio 5g

You also get the added benefits of Tyrosine, Taurine and BioPerine. Besides for Betaine I can't say this needs anything, and even then it's a very well put together pre-workout I wouldn't change. Job well done Nutrex!

Mixability- Can't be judge here since this is an RTD but the face the liquid is clear and free of dyes or artificial coloring is nice!

Dosing- 15-20 minutes pre-workout, standard stuff

Taste- Well as my first RTD product ever (besides muscle milk) I was a little skeptical on how these would taste. Generally while a supplement company suggest 8-12oz per scoop i find to enjoy mine in more of 18-20oz to water it down. I got blue raspberry and fruit punch and to be honest I wasn't a fan of either. Very bitter and sour for my liking. Ultimatly taste will never reflect a negative impact on my review unless it is protein or seriously unable to drink. I've had worse but i didn't enjoy the flavoring by any means and found them too strong.

This is the bread and butter of any review people! And Nutrex delivers in multiple aspects with OUTLIFT. 20 minutes after ingestion and I felt the caffeine to begin creeping on slowly but strongly. Beta Alanine tingles were present not long after. And the Citrulline was helping the blood into the muscle after a few sets of chasing the pump.

One thing missing from OUTLIFT for me was a focus and drive aspect. While plenty mental from my side and coming down from a DMAA product didn't help as well I couldn't help but feel like something was missing. Caffeine and increased energy only take me but so far when it comes to focus and acheiving the tunnel vision I seek during a workout. I had a few times were i got to that place during my OUTLIFT run but more times then not it was missing. When I ran the powdered version in the past i don't recall this issue so again, maybe it was just me!

RTD's will never be economical. They are made for people simply for the convenience of grabbing a bottle and going. The best price found for OUTLIFT RTD is direct from Nutrex with 12 bottles coming in at $41.95, that makes them $3.49 per bottle. I'll just leave this section at that.

Conclusion

Nutrex has a great pre-workout option with OUTLIFT. But with their RTD version its a bit steep for me. Even in a circumstance of being on vacation and needed a pre-workout pick me up I would choose a sugar free monster first or coffee based on price alone. Do yourself a favor and stick to the economic friendly powdered version of OUTLIFT and enjoy it as it's meant to be. Kudos to Nutrex for making a great pre-workout RTD option though!
  • Clinically Dosed
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Dye Free

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Savage Supplements for sending it out!)
Anyone who's taken supplements, especially pre-workouts over the past 10 years know all about DMAA. From being a go to stimulant to being dropped by every company it's been at the center of a bit of controversy. Needless to say it's making a come back in a big way and personally I couldn't be happier to have it back. Savage Supplements has it included in it's pre-workout Siren but that's not all it's bringing to the table. Thank you to Savage Supplements and SR for making this TROOP review possible.

This profile is awesome for many reasons starting off with an open la...

This profile is awesome for many reasons starting off with an open label and clinical doses.

Some key highlights

-L-Citrulline DL Malate 4g

-DMAA 75mg

-Beta Alanine 3g

-Betaine 1.5g

-Agmatine 1g

Now there's many other key points to this label as caffeine, tyrosine and theanine but this is what jumped out to me. As i've pointed out before in reviews I enjoy the combination of multiple pump products such as agmatine and citrulline as I've gotten great results from it. DMAA speaks for it self as a top shelf stimulant that truly is unique. Beta Alanine and Betaine should be staples in any supplemental needs so i love when I can have it in a pre-workout.

Oh and the best part, this tub is a true 30 servings!!!

I had blackberry lemonade which is their only option at this time i believe. I enjoy a break from the traditntal blue raspberry and fruit punch so I found it refreshing. A bit tart and I needed more water for my personal preference at 160z of water. 20 minutes pre-workout is all you need to feel the effects kick in.

PUMP PUMP PUMP! I wasn't all that surprised that this was my biggest admiration of Siren after seeing the label but the pump truly outshines what you get from the DMAA. After a couple pre exhaust sets and your muscles are filled and ready for optimal loading when you hit those working sets. The pump wasn't long lasting after the workout as i've had in past experiences but it gets the job done.

The energy and focus shines so much more then you'll expect with the DMAA. It's been since the og Jack3d days that i've taken it and woah did i miss it. You do build a tolerance and there is a crash but I'll discuss that more in next side effect section. It's an instant rush for about 2 hours like nothing else you'll experience. I train first thing in the morning at 5am and not once did I feel myself lagging during a workout. Another positive is since I added in 20-30 minutes of cardio during this cut it seemed so much easier when taking Siren.

The cheapest I found Siren was at Cobra Supplements for $40.00 which comes in at $1.33 per serving. I find no issue in this pricing at all with you getting a very well rounded pre-workout.

Side Effects

The DMAA crash is very real and well known. It's to be expected from something that works so well at energy and focus. Monday-Friday I was okay because I was connately moving and didn't have a chance to sit down. On the weekend though I was basically useless once the DMAA wore off. The best way I dealt with this was simply cycling my use to just during the weekdays which also helped me not run into a tolerance build up like I had in the past.

Conclusion

Savage Supplements has a winner with Siren and I'm sure they know it. As a new company to me I look forward to future products from them and trying them out for myself.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • PUMP
  • Energy
  • DMAA Crash

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
(Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!)
Nutrex has been in the industry game for a while now and have built a reputation off of great products such as their pre-workout OutLift. Knowing their tract record I knew i needed to try Amino Charger + Energy when it came available for TROOPER review. Thank you to Nutrex and SR for making this possible.

I was surprised here that Nutrex didn't go full transparency with the Amino Charger + Energy label. I don't see the reason for hiding a mixture of Taurine, caffeine, MGG, Tyrosine, and Teacrine. Well unless a supplement company wants to hide the amount of a patented stimulant of course but why would they do that! Anyway, the ingredient profile isn't anything ground breaking but it gets the job done with being a BCAA product.

Here's some key highlights

6g BCAA at a 2:1:1 raio
2g of a blend that includes Taurine, MGG, Tyrosine, Caffeine and TeaCrine at any dose possible

Taste

I had the Fruit Punch flavor. A bit tart for my taste and grainy at times but overall i was able to stomach it during my workouts. The more water i used 16-18oz per scoop the better.

Mixability

As mentioned a little grainy taste at times but with added shaking it wasn't an isue

I never found a need to go past 1 scoop personally and consumed it during my workouts.

As I've mentioned before Amino products are hard to judge effectiveness unless diet and sleep are truly consistent being they'll do more for you then BCAA's for recovery. The most noted effect of Amino Charger + Energy was obviously the subtle added energy. Some pre-workouts can leave you drained and crashed 30 minutes into you workout, and it sucks. This is where a product such as Amino Charger + Energy can truly shine. Not just do you get the obviously added effects of BCAA which have numerous clinical studies to back it but you get the added energy boost from the caffeine and the TeaCrine.

Another use I found great for this product was on fasted cardio days I would consume a scoop pre-workout for added energy on top of my scoop during my cardio session. I wasn't big on adding it post workout but there's no reason it couldn't be used that way either. This is nothing that will be overly stimulating but instead a nice energy boost when needed.

$33 before shipping for 30 servings isn't terrible value and puts Nutrex in the middle with most energy amino products.

Conclusion

Nutrex has a versatile and well rounded amino supplement with Amino Charger + Energy. The blend in the profile was a little disappointing but being the energy that comes from the blend is nice and smooth it's nothing majorly concerning.

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!)
    Time for one of my favorite pre workout reviews to do, non stimulant! Just about any supplement company can pour stimulants into a product and give you an instant kick. It takes more for a company to deliver a non stimulant pre workout that works and works well. Thank you to NooWave Supplement Co. for putting their product Swell up for review through the TROOPS.

When I think of a non stimulant pre workout I want certain things checked off

-Transparent and clinical dosing
    -Deliver the pump and mind muscle connection

Simple right? Well not always but NooWave makes it...

When I think of a non stimulant pre workout I want certain things checked off

-Transparent and clinical dosing
    -Deliver the pump and mind muscle connection

Simple right? Well not always but NooWave makes it seem easy. Let me do a quick run down of what they have stacked with Swell.

-3g L-Citrulline, sure could be more but the 3g with the other additives worked
    -2g Hydramax
    -1g Agmatine
    ^^^^^^^^^
    Seriously probably the first trifecta of pump ingrediants I've ever seen stacked, and theres GLPC and Norvaline.

They also hit the mind muscle connection with Noopept and Alpha GPC both at great doses.

I had the lemonade favor and even though it was a bit tart for my taste I was liking it with water in the 16-20oz range, just my personal need. Dosing I did 1 scoop 20 minutes pre workout. I tried 2 scoops once and it was overkill and not needed nor recommend. It did seem to take a little more shaking then most pre workouts to get the powder completely dissolved.

THE PUMP!!!!!

I can't stress enough how amazing this product is with delivering the pump. The ingredients they provide alone work well, together it's like a key that unlocked a door to a whole new world. Just this morning I did my last workout with Swell and it had to be arm day. I incorperate high rep, low rep and most of all squeezing the muscle to increase blood flow. The pump was awesome and Swell delivers on it's name for sure. I always see crazy "skin ripping pump" on products and never get them. Not the case with Swell.

The mind muscle connection delivered with the pump is what sets this product above the rest for me. Without the focus you won't get the workout you desire. With Swell I was tuned in like a deer in headlights. Sure there was no energy from the lack of caffeine or stimulants but it's not needed with how NooWave built this product. I will admit I snuck in 200mg caffeine a few times to try it out and liked it better without the caffeine. I mentioned I tried 2 scoops and it was overkill. I had the whole beta alanine tingle side effect which I found odd since obviously it's not in here! It's from the pump products I'm sure. But stick to one scoop it's all you need!

So this is where NooWave and Swell gets hit just a little. NooWave only has Swell available direct and it comes to around $50 including shipping. While a bit high its understandable being they're a new supplement company. And being they offer the best pump pre workout I've ever tried it's only a matter of time before we see this in retailers with a more competitive price tag.

Conclusion

I always enjoy trying out a new company, and I'm happy I took the chance with NooWave. Swell delivers as hands down the best non stimulant pump pre workout I've ever tried. Didn't matter the diet, workout or any distracting surroundings I was focused and had an intense workout. NooWave has a winner on their hands and if it's an indication to what else they'll do I'm excited to try other products by them.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • PUMP
    • Focus
    • DID I MENTION PUMP
    • Limited Availability

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
    (Thanks to MAXLER for sending it out!)
    Maxler is a brand I've heard of and seen but never had the pleasure of trying, until recently. Maxler was generous enough to offer their pre workout formula NRG Max to the SR TROOPS to review. Thank you again to SR and Maxler for making this happen.

NRG Max comes transparently packed with 17 different ingrediants totaling 23g per serving. There's no fairy dusting and "protecting a formula" in this one ladies and gentleman. I'm not going to cover every ingredient available because well you know what caffeine does, instead I'll go over some key highlights i enjoyed and question.

-The power max complex is everything you want, pumps with 8g of citrulline mallete, strength output increase with beta alanine and creatine coming in at 3.2g and 2.9g respectively. Two thing I feel could be left out are the creatine hcl and dicreatine Malate, yes they are effective but it's also been proven creatine monohydrate alone at 5g a day is suffice. However props to Maxler for getting creative with their formula and keeping the cost down.

- The Energocore Complex comes packed with taurine, caffeine, white tea extract, Rhodiola Rosea, and cordyceps. Cordyceps has gotten some attention recently with the patented version peak02 getting great research published supporting its effect. Unfortunately Maxler doesn't have he patented version in NRG MAX.

-The Turbofocus Complex has three ingrediants but the two that stand out to me are N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine and DMAE which both are awesome for focus and you can really feel the effect.

-The Myorecovery complex is an added bonus that many pre workouts miss out on including 4g of BCAA at the usual 2:1:1 ratio. There's way to many benefits out there not include amino acids in your pre workout.

1 scoop 20 minutes pre workout is the standard for any pre workout I take and NRG MAX was no exception for me. I had the pink lemonade flavor and loved all 30 scoops of it. Very smooth and not overly sweet with just the right amount of tang with the lemon taste. Very smooth mixability as well.

In case you couldn't tell by all the positives and the great score I gave NRG MAX it delivered in every aspect it promised. Focus was awesome and great for being on the lower stim tolerant that I'm use to. Strength output and increase was there from the basic staples included with creatine and beta alanine. These should be taken every day and when included in your pre workout only make things easier.

The pumps were just at the right spot with the citrulline mallete and after my pre workout 1000m stationary row and light warm up sets my muscles were pumped and ready to perform. When doing my upsets of my 30-20-10-30 rep scheme to finish a body part off forget about it, could barely put on a shirt after. Nothing to complain about at all and one of those feeling i love after a workout.

Energy was just right and not over done and absolutely no crash or let down. Of course I took additional BCAA supplement during and after my workouts but I really do feel like the aminos included in the formula helped me in recovery as well. Overall I was very pleased and taken by suprise with how well I reacted to NRG MAX.

Just when you think things can't get better they do. For 30 true servings you can find NRG MAX on amazon for $29.95, not including shipping. This is a ridiculous good value for a pre workout that doesn't have a thing missing. If you compare it to some of the top pre workouts on here such as nutrabio and jym it can stand toe to toe and perhaps even past them with value this good.

Conclusion

It's not often I give a review for anything over a 9, especially a pre workout with so many options out there. But Maxler has something great with NRG MAX and people need to notice and give this a try. You can half scoop this preworkout and it blows the big corporate names such as C4 out the water. Maxler is definitely a company I'm going to take notice of more for now on.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Ingredient Label
    • Focus
    • BCAA Included

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
      (Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!)
      Anyone who has been surfing reviews on SR lately has noticed one brand constantly receiving praise, Inspired Nutraceuticals. Their pre workout was amazing so i had very HIGH expectations for their BCAA product. Let's see if it lives up to the hype!

Transparent and straight to the point with this one folks

BCAA 2:1:1 5G
      Aquamin 300mg
      Astragin 50mg

Transparent and straight to the point with this one folks

BCAA 2:1:1 5G
      Aquamin 300mg
      Astragin 50mg

The best thing about Inspired Nutraceuticals BCAA product is it's a vegan source of BCAA. You're probably wondering why this should matter, well, little secret that many companies source their BCAA products from things such as human hair. With their vegan BCAA they come from suflower lecithin and are easily absorbed by the body.

Another funny yet perfect coincidence is i started following a vegan lifestyle/diet a month or so before being able to review this product. It was just a personal challenge/experiment I tried and actually enjoyed. Don't worry I happily consume meat again now.

Just as with DVST8 White Cut IN came with top favoring and mixability. I had the Galaxy Pop option and enjoyed it every time I drank it. I also had a sample pack of the California Gold and it was great as well. Their flavoring department deserves a raise for the unique flavors they put together. I also found it best if I was using 2 scoops intra workout in about 20oz of water. This didn't make it overly sweet or watered down.

Being on a vegan diet i went from consuming 250g of protein a day to around 160g a day. During this time I believe without a doubt that IN's vegan BCAA product helped with recovery, soreness, and protein synthesis. Being I was eating close to 100g less of protein a day speaks volume to this product and it's effectiveness. I always felt well hydrated and endurance was always on the uprise during a workout as well. This is probably the first time I have ever felt it safe to say I felt a BCAA product work for me as well as it did,

$44.99 directly from Inspired Nutraceuticals was the best price I could find. This breaks down to $1.12 per serving. This is on the high end of cost per serving for a BCAA product. However, I think when you factor in the quality of the source for the BCAA's it can be justified. The one thing i fail to realize is why it's not more widely available.

Conclusion

Inspired Nutraceuticals got creative and perhaps hit only a niche market of vegan fermented BCAA's. While I love the idea and direction I do question if their product is enough to compete with some of the very long tested BCAA products on the market. Inspired Nutraceuticals continues to impress me with everything they release and they're a company to keep and eye on.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Reduces Muscle Soreness
      • Solid Ingredient Profile
      • No Fillers Or Dyes
      • Reduces DOMS And Fatigue
      • Hydrate For Dayyyyyysssssss
      • Vegan Friendly

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
      (Thanks to Giant Sports International for sending it out!)
      I've heard of Giant Sports through forums and blog sites, Giant Rush will be my first product I try by them. And I was so glad to hear they were bringing their product line to the good ole US! Thank you to Giant Sports and SR for making this review happen.

The formula for Giant Rush is short and sweet with the following listed. And guess what else, it's transparent!

-Caffeine anhydrous 200mg
      -Kigelia Africana Extract 125mg otherwise known as DMHA
      -Bai Mudan White Tea 25mg

-Caffeine anhydrous 200mg
      -Kigelia Africana Extract 125mg otherwise known as DMHA
      -Bai Mudan White Tea 25mg

These three ingrediants add up to a 794mg scoop when you factor in the flavoring and coloring. Speaking of coloring, be prepared for stained shaker cups if you're using any white/clear ones. I love the 125mg of DMHA, most I've tried have kept the dose around 50-75mg. Of course sometimes more isn't always better but in this situation I'll take it.

Giant Sports markets Giant Rush as a stimulant powder that will intensify mental focus, control appetite, and be a fat incinerator. I still struggle to realize exactly what Giant Rush does, is it a stimulant pre workout or a fat burner.

No issue with mixing. For dosing you should start with 1 scoop as I did. After a few initial times at 1 scoop both with and without food I added a 2nd scoop but didn't always find it necessary unless I was using this pre workout. I had the Green Apple flavor which was very artificial and jolly rancher like tasting to me. I definitely enjoyed it more when I used 20oz of water to calm the sweetness on my taste buds. Again as mentioned earlier if using a clear/white shaker cup prepare for stains from the coloring!

Giant Rush does have a place as a supplement, just not as a pre workout for me personally. I tried using it as a pre workout a couple times at both 1 and 2 scoops with nothing more than a stimulant kick. Which unfortunately for me isn't enough, added with some other non stim options then I could survive. Where i used Giant Rush and believe it's best suited for is a Alphamine substitute. I'm talking OG Alphamine not their new formula. Giant Rush was great for energy and appetite control in between meals. I found when taken with food the effects I felt were not as profound. Especially the focus that i got without a caffeine high. The focus wasn't the same pre workout and I believe it's again because it was taken with food.

The best price for Giant Rush is $26.00 which comes out to $0.43 per serving. This is a fantastic value for something that you can get a full 30 day of use out of.

Conclusion

I enjoyed my time with Giant Rush and really feel like Giant Sports has something on their hands to build up. I think a focus and market more toward a stimulant fat burning powder is better fitted.
      • Simple Profile
      • Good Focus
      • Clean And Consistent Energy
      • Solid Value
      • Coloring

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
      (Thanks to Enzo Nutrition for sending it out!)
      Ever heard of Enzo Nutrition of their pre-workout Alpha-EX? Me either until they popped up on the SR TROOP dashboard. I love giving new companies I don't know about a try so I knew i had to sign up for this. Thank you to Enzo Nutrition and SR for making this review possible.

This has to be one of the most complete profiles I've come across in a long time. The profile isn't just completely open and transparent but beside each category it list if the product is for the body, mind, or whole body. I've never seen that before and while it may seem unimportant to some I enjoy it.

Here's some key highlights of the formula

L-Citrulline 6g
      Taurine 1.5g
      Beta Alanine 3.22g
      Creatine HCI 2g
      Betaine 1.5g
      DMAE 100mg
      Phenethylamine 500mg
      Caffeine 250mg

There are many other ingrediants included in the profile but the ones listed before are at correct and amazing doses. You'll have no issue getting a pump with the Citrulline and Taurine combination. Strength and endurance output should be increased with the Beta Alanine, Creatine, and Betaine. And you'll have no issue feeling the rush of energy and focus with DMAE, caffeine, and phenethylamine.

2 scoops 20 minutes pre workout in 16oz of water and I was set and ready to roll every time. What is a bozzleberry you may ask? It's a great tasting and unique flavor to me. Very tart and not overly sweet at all, mixed well and no bad aftertaste.

Ah, everyone's favorite spot of a pre workout review! Heck you may have just skipped to this part just to get to the good stuff. I had high expectations from Alpha-Ex with the profile and it didn't disappoint to me at all.

Enzo Nutrition describes Alpha-Ex in the following way "Alpha-Ex pre-workout contains carefully selected ergogenic and nootropic ingredients to provide performance enhancing benefits that make the most of your workout."

I couldn't agree more with them.

Pump: 6g of citrulline works magic for me every time and it out performs other pump ingrediants for me so I knew what to expect here. Nothing skin splitting and I knew the taurine would add a nice touch and after the few high rep warm up sets i could really feel the blood flowing.

Endurance: This is where the Beta Alanine, Betaine, and Creatine play an important role. Personally I believe endurance is more of a mental attribute than physical and I always keep high energy in the gym never slowing down. So I didn't notice any endurance increase myself.

Strength: This is where the ingrediants mentioned in the endurance section come into play again. And again it's hard for me to contribute any strength increase to a pre-workout because that depends on nutrition, training style, and the factor to get past mental blocks for me.

Focus: Easily one of my favorites part about my 20 workouts with Alpha-Ex. The focus kicked in as soon as I would put those head phones on and warmed up. I was able to push everything out of my mind and think about nothing but that workout and pushing myself as hard as I could. This is the definition of tunnel vision for me.

Energy: I enjoyed that Alpha-Ex came with a modest 250mg of caffeine as there's no reason for more. Especially with you include 100mg of DMAE! Energy kicked in fast and never let up with no crash or tolerance build up personally.

No pre-workout worth anything can cheap, it's just a realization we as consumers have to accept. Alpha-Ex is found direct at their web store for $35.99 before shipping and tax. This breaks down to $1.79 per serving, not too much over my liking of $1.50 per serving. I've come to a realization that if my girlfriend can spend $4 a day on a frappe at starbucks then I can have my pre workouts, who's with me guys??

Conclusion

Enzo Nutrition came out of no where and surprised me big time with Alpha-Ex. They hit all my benchmarks with the open profile, big time focus and energy, and a solid ergogenic support. Alpha-Ex belongs on your list of pre workouts to try out and it won't disappoint.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Focus
      • Mood
      • Pumps

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
        (Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!)
        BCAA products are popping up left and right these days with all the research to support their usefulness. RCSS are trying to make their own mark with Amino-Tone. Big thanks to RCSS and SR for making this review possible.

RCSS was going for an amino product that featured a non stim fat burning complex and hydration support. These are some key highlights of the profile.

4g BCAA at a 2:1:1 ratio

3755mg INTRA-Training Performance & Hydration Complex which includes Taurine, Potassium, Magnesium and HICA at undisclosed amounts.

3180mg STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex w...

4g BCAA at a 2:1:1 ratio

3180mg STIM-FREE Fat Loss Support Complex which includes L-Alanine, Raspberry Ketones (STOP TRYING TO MAKE THIS BE A THING), Coleus Forskohli (Great inclusion if it was the TM version forskolin)

The profile is average at best with the BCAA dosage and the other two complexes are hard to find positives on for me. Hidden prop blends shouldn't be happening in today's industry. I like the hydration inclusion and believe Taurine is under utilized by todays industry and it shouldn't be since it's dirt cheap! Overall I wasn't too impressed with the formula and it left me with a underwhelming feeling of this just being another average amino product.

I always went with 2 scoops in about 20oz of water to get the BCAA dosage up to 8g. Never had an issue with mixability. I received the America flavor and didn't get any fireworks or freedom feelings! In all seriousness the taste is as you expect a "bomb pop" clone but tasted for like a fruit punch/ lemonade concoction to me. I wasn't the biggest fan but I've had worse.

Effectiveness for a BCAA product is a tricky one to judge just like protein powder for me. Taking into consideration my sleep habits, steady caloric intake, and stress level of my job it's difficult to judge if any BCAA product truly helps with recovery. The science is in the research though so as supplement users we trust it. I can say I notice a difference when I was drinking Amino-Tone intra workout compared to just water, if it's placebo or not is debatable. I did notice a change in my hydration around my workout. I usually drink between a 1/2 and 3/4 of a gallon during my workout alone and didn't find myself craving water as much after as I usually did. My endurance is always consistent and I keep a high motor when working out so that didn't seem effected for me. I noticed nothing from the stim free fat loss complex.

Amazon has the cheapest price at $23.77 ($0.79 per serving) before shipping. This is fair value being you do get 4g of BCAA per serving. However I wouldn't be willing to pay more.

Conclusion

I've had nothing but positive experiences with RCSS supplements, but Amino-Tone didn't live up to expectations for me. Perhaps I expect too much like no prop blends in profiles and to use the best of ingrediants such as forskolin. This wasn't the worst intra workout or BCAA product i've tried by any means but not close to the best either.
        • No Thermo Effect
        • Property Blend

Verified Full-Container Use through SR TROOPs.
        (Thanks to FitJoy! for sending it out!)
        Protein bars are everyones best friend when you're in a rush and have to fill in the last bit of macro's for the day. But not all protein bars are the same, many are candy bars with low quality protein thrown in and others just taste horrible. My usual go to protein bars are Fit Crunch, Cliff Builder Bars, Lenny & Larrys (eh protein cookie anyone?) and of course the king of the category Quest Nutrition. Fit Joy is new to the game and a company dedicated to perfecting their product so keep in mind this review is for the launch kit and they're still working on their final product.

Ingredie...

While each bar is slightly different with the calorie and macors most come around the following

Protein 20g
        Fat 7g
        Carbohydrates 25g (13g fiber)

Again flavors make a difference.

These are contain NO artificial preservatives and are GMO and Gluten Free, awesome.

They all have a protein blend combined of whey isolate, whey concentrate, and milk protein isolate. All very good quality protein and a clean label for the most part.

Taste

I'll leave my taste rating below on a scale of 1-10 but there are a few notes i want to make on certain flavors.

Frosted Cinnamon Roll- one of my favorite included. Texture on this one was very similar to a Quest bar so i decided to microwave it for a few seconds. Texture aside it reminded me of an actual cinnamon roll.

Chocolate Iced Brownie- again a very similar texture to Quest and a nice balance between sweet but a bit bitter for my taste with the icing part.

Chocolate Peanut Butter- Nothing can go wrong with this combination, ever.

Mint Chocolate Crisp- initial taste I was almost reminded of a mint girl scout cookie. But after a few more bites the mint was over powering and too strong to finish the product, probably my least favorite.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough- Very much a dough like texture and seemed softer than the other flavors.

Protein bars are even more difficult to judge effectiveness than protein powder. But with the great macro's and calories associated with these Fit Joy bars there's no damage on your diet for a quick treat on the go. With only 4g of sugar and 13g of fiber for most bars that's a very good ratio i'll take very time compared to many options available.

Initially these were launched at an insane rip off price by GNC. Since then Fit Joy has become more widely available at big retailers such as bodybuilding.com where you can get 12 bars for $27.99. These are still more than it's high end competitors but certainly better then when first released.

Conclusion

Fit Joy is trying to make an impact in a category dominated by one company for such a long time. No product is perfect on it's first release and Fit Joy is no exception and left some room for improvement in the taste/texture department as well as value. I have no doubt they'll continue to improve on what they offer and look forward to seeing the product and company evolve and grow.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Healthy Nutrition Content
        • Gluten And Artifical GMO Ingredient-Free
        • Good Taste With Some
        • Little Consistency