tommy777

• Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since May, 2016

Reviews by tommy777

Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  November 6, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • New And Exciting Ingredients
  • Increased Ingredient Doses

Hey SR, it has been a long time since I have posted a review, forgive me if its pretty rusty.

I am not going to go through each ingredient but instead just compare the C4 from the previous C4 fourth generation. As you can quickly see the C4 50x has around 50% more of each of the ingredients listed below. I believe it is great that they have came out with a C4 that his a little harder, I do not know too many people who take a single serving of the old C4. The increase in beta alanine, arginine, creatine nitrate, and explosive energy blend (Caffeine increased by 50mg I believe) I believe are the main things to take from this.

C4 4th Gen.

Creatine Nitrate 1.5g
    Calcium 24mg
    Beta Alanine 2.4g
    Arginine AKG 1.5g

Just like the old C4 taste amazing.

This section kind of disappointed me. I should not have been surprised because with something getting as much hype as this "50% more intense" C4 has received I should have been expecting a little bit of a let down. I expected it to be a bit stronger than what it was.
    Energy: you definitely feel it pretty quickly just as with the previous C4 in about 15 minutes I was ready to get going, the down side is I did not have sustained energy with this product. It was somewhat strong burst of energy but seems to stall our rather quickly. The endurance just wasn't there for me. I love to have pretty lengthy workouts and I am a pretty energetic guy as it is. I personally didn't feel an exacerbation of how energetic or how much endurance I had toward the end of my workouts with this product.
    Pump: this was an up side to the product, the dosage increase in creatine nitrate I believe led to better pumps and vascularity throughout my workouts.
    Also, if you are someone who like the "itch"..... not the bad itch, the beta alanine itch then you should like this. Even though I am a pwo regular even with just a scoop I was feeling it pretty good. Along with the increase in temperature with the added in niacin. Definitely gets the body ready to work.

Comes out to about a dollar a serving. I believe you can get 30 Servings for 30 dollars. I usually try shooting for less than a dollar a serving but the price still is not too bad. I received this product free to review, which I am incredibly thankful for. But if I was to switch pwo from my usually I would probably give this one another go.

Side Effects

nothing different from other pre workouts

Conclusion

Overall, I thought the this new C4 was alright. What I think hurt me a bit on the review is all the hype a product gets and then does not quite live up to it..... C4 is C4, and will probably always be C4 not too much a difference just a bit stronger.

November 18, 2013

• Great Pre And Inter Workout Supplement
    • Only If You Want A Slight Pick Me Up!
    • Great To Get Your Morning Aminos
    • Many Different Uses From I
    • Too Many Scoops To Make An Effective Pwo
    Hey SR havent written a review in awhile but been taking amino energy for the past month and a half probably so thought I would write one. I just wanted to get away from my regular pwos so thought I would try this one as a more mild pwo. I had heard some mixed reviews about it so I wanted to try it out myself.

Profile(7/10): Amino energy contains a combinations of taurine, arginine, glutatmine,Leaucine, Citrulline, isoleucine, valine, tyrosine, and beta alanine. It also had some others but didnt want to type all the aas. My problem with this is that it is in a proprietary blend so we do not know how much of each is in a serving. Seeing that even in the blend a serving only contains 5g there probably is not very much of each in one serving but the directions recommend taking up to six scoops for a preworkout. This will probably balance it out and make it closer to the servings of other bcaas supplements at 15g. It also contains caffeine at 100mg/9grams serving. That is not all that much caffeine but still gave me a little pick me up.

Mixability(10/10): This product has amazing mixability. As soon as you put it in the water it starts dissolving and with mild shaking it is completely mixed.

Taste(10/10): The flavor I tried was my favorite of all pwos and was blue raspberry. It was fantastic. No problems with the taste what-so-ever.

Effectiveness(9/10): IMO the effectiveness depends on what you were working for. I did not pick this up looking for a really intense pwo that will get me overly pumped in the weightroom. I was looking for something milder without all the stims and other things in it. For me the effectiveness was great. The caffeine gave me a boost and I did feel better endurance through my workouts but If you are looking for a legit, intense pwo I would not go with this. It gives a little boost of energy and will keep you going throughout your workout.

Price(10/10): The price of this product is great. On some websites you can get it for eighteen dollars for thirty servings that is pretty hard to beat. Especially for something that tastes as great as this.

Overall(9/10): I am going to give this a higher rating than what most probably would because it gave me exactly what I was looking for. Gave me just a little bit more energy going to the gym than what I would without any pwo and I believe gave me better endurance throughout my workouts. To end with I would say that I believe this is better for an intraworkout than a pwo. Once I start taking a more intense pwo I will use this as an intra. Loved the product!

September 8, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixes
    • Cheap And Lasts Long
      Just finished my five pound tub of VPX Syngex. I have had this for quite awhile, I started to think I would never finish it. I take two servings a day after I workout which is why it lasted so long the tub has 91 servings in it.

Profile:
      91 servings
      20g protein
      100 calories
      1.5g fat
      2g carbs
      1g Sugar

One serving of this may not have as much protein as others like to take in but having 91 servings still pretty great deal taking two servings at a time.

Profile:
      91 servings
      20g protein
      100 calories
      1.5g fat
      2g carbs
      1g Sugar

Taste: 6.5/10 I had vanilla dream. When mixing with water the taste was kinda bland and boring, nothing too great. Mixed with skim milk made it much better. But either way the taste was pretty decent and definitely easy to drink.

Mixibility: 9/10 A lot of protein shakes when using a shaker cup, blender bottle, or whatever it is you use clump up in the cup. I had absolutely no trouble with this protein powder clumping up at all. The powder itself is almost grainy instead of a powder and mixes really well.

Value: 9/10 The value of this is great. A good low calorie, low fat, low carb protein with a lot of servings. I also got it for $35.00 which for so many servings is super cheap.

Overall: 8/10 I really liked this protein. I would almost compare it to myofusion except I like myofusion (myofusion is one of my favorites) much better because its taste is far better. But, on a budget needing a good, lean, and cheap protein I would recommend you to try this one out.

August 30, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mixed Great
      • Tasted Great
      • Good Texture
      • Good Blend
      • Inexpensive
      • Great Profile
      • Great Quality
        Myofusion is one of my favorite protein powders. I really do not have many complains with it at all.

Profile: Myofusion has flavors consisting of banana perfection,chocolate peanut butter, cinnamon roll, cookies and cream, delicious vanilla, milk chocolate, and strawberries and cream. A serving is around 150 calories, 2 grams of fat, 3 grams of sugar, 9 grams of carbs, and 25 grams of protein. Great lean protein to use throughout the day, before or after your workouts, depending on your goals of course.

Taste: 9/10 I do not really give anything a ten because I do not think anything can be perfect but the chocolate peanut butter almost made me change my views on that. I mix mine with skim milk and it was amazing. I also have tried delicious vanilla, although it does not compare with cpb it was still very good.

Mixability: 9/10 I use a shaker cup with the blending ball and it mixed great. Most of the time absolutely no clumping or grainy texture you can feel in some. It was completely smooth.

Price: 7/10 You can get a 5 pound tub for about $44.00 and that is for around 58 servings. This is definitely affordable. Not even looking at the servings just the attributes it comes with makes it more valuable IMO and then getting decent amount of servings for that price its a great deal.

Effectiveness: 9/10 This is one of my favorite proteins. It is very effective for someone who wants some protein throughout the day, if you were bulking or wanting to gain great mass of course you would want a weight gainer if you were not getting it from your diet. But, for my lifting and goals this is a great choice.

Overall: 9/10 A great protein. Great taste, great mixibility,with not a bad price. I would recommend this to anyone!

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Taste Is Good
        • Good Beginner Pwo
          My review is going against the norm I read up on Bullnox... I personally did not like it that much. The taste was great but I really did not get much out of it as a pwo.

Taste: 10/10
          Blue Rasberry which is what I always tend to get for my pwos. The taste was great and did not mess with my stomach at all.

Value 7/10
          I gave a seven because it is not that expensive, easy to mix, with a great taste.

Pump: 5/10 I did not experience much of a pump at all I went through the whole tub of Bullnox and some days were better than others but overall nothing really impressed me.

Focus: 6...

Taste: 10/10

Value 7/10

Focus: 6/10
          I do think it gave me somewhat better focus in the gym. But, nothing that was remarkable or even better than average from other pwos.

Effectiveness: 6/10 For me it was nothing overtop, I would just say average. Could not really tell if I was getting more from it than what I would without taking anything. I would say my natural pump is just as good as when I was taking this. On the other hand, a buddy of mine bought the product the same time as I did and he absolutely loved it. He continues to use it as his main preworkout he always goes back to. Everyone is different, I didnt care for this pwo but others have loved it.

Final: 7/10

• Increased Focus
          • Superman Feeling
          • Awesome Energy
          • Great Endurance
          • Good Pumps
            I decided to buy a tub after a friend of mine was telling me how amazing of a pwo this was. I usually tend to not be too impressed, but Muscle Marinade was definitely impressive.

Overall: 9

Overall: 9

Throughout the whole tub of muscle marinade (MM) I had great, intense workouts. Going into the gym I would have great energy and be extremely focused on throwing the weights around. My lifts increased upon using MM, I was knocking out more reps on my latter sets. Another aspect I really liked about MM is that when in the gym I felt almost invincible.. like I was so much stronger than usual. Overall, I was very pleased with MM.

Effectiveness: 9

I found MM to be extremely effective. It would kick in really quickly and I would have great energy and focus all throughout my workouts. I did not experience any nausea or upset stomach except when I took it without eating anything that day.. .not the best decision.

Taste: 8
            With the first formula of MM the taste was terrible.... but since the new formulated pwo the taste is much better and more than bearable. OI did not mind the taste of MM at all. It is definitely not as good as Bullnox but for how effective it is, I would drink much worse tasting pwo.

Price: 8
            When I bought this product it was around $40.00. I am pretty sure you can find it cheaper than that now. Even at $40.00 it was for sure worth the price.

Conclusion:
            I would definitely use MM again. IMO it is one of the best PWOs on the market today.

• Crazy Tingles
            • Loses Effectiveness Quickly

Effectiveness: 7/10 For me noxipro was an ok pwo. If you are looking for something kind of mellow and not too intense I would say this would be your go to pwo. I like my pwos to have a little more punch so this didnt fit me too well. You do get the tingles but I did not have a rush of energy, great focus, or a great pump all of those were just average.

Taste: 8/10 I had the fruit punch flavor. I thought the taste was great. I usually take NO Xplode so the taste was better than even though I do not mind the taste of NO either although most do.

Sides: 10/10 I did not have any si...

Sides: 10/10 I did not have any sides from this pwo.

Value: 6/10 The value on this is because I had to use more than the recommended serving and even at that I did not experience much more with the higher dosage. As I was taking more I did feel the beta kick in more but that was about it.

Overall: 7/10 Its a pretty good pwo. It will give ya decent energy without making you go crazy and without a crash at the end. I personally would recommend NO Xplode or Muscle Marinade over noxi but it just depends what you are looking for. If you are looking for a decent pwo without a crash and a little punch this would be a good one. Outstanding... no terrible.... no It is just above average.

• Great Profile
            • Just The Best Gainer Ever
            • Tastes Good
            • Gained Fat
            • 3 Giant Scoops
            I took this product awhile back in 2011 going into my second year of playing college football. Just now getting to a review on it... partly because I just became a member on the site not too long ago. My review will be based on when I took it then and the price of it then, but I will also discuss the price of it now.

Taste: 8/10

Taste: 8/10
            I had cookies and cream. For the first half of the summer I loved the taste. I would mix with water or skim milk. About half way through the summer I kind of got sick of the taste of it because I had been drinking so much of it but overall the taste was great a little too sweet.

Mix ability: 7/10
            I usually do not review on mixability with my preworkouts because I have the view of suck it up and drink it but with proteins I understand if it gets into a huge clump and is hard to mix it can be annoying, usually do not have the problem with pwos. With this gainer i used a shaker cup not with a ball but with a grid and it worked fairly well not any worse than other proteins and it is much thicker.

Value: 7/10 & 6/10

When I first bought this it was much cheaper than what it is now. If I remember currectly I think I bought it for just over $50.00 now it is much more expensive than that. At $50.00 It was kind of hard to beat getting as much product as you got with it at that price now it is around $75.00-$80.00. I know that you can get it on sale sometimes for around $60.00 which wouldnt be too bad but for a college guy on a budget eighty dollars is a little pricey. But something to take into consideration is the rest of the ingredients and what all you are getting for that money. Unsure of the quality of the ingredients but I do know that it contains a lot of the ingredients that many people buy and take separately which you can check out the ingredient list yourself and see what you would buy apart from it and do the price comparisons.

I was taking this over the summer going into my second year of football. I was pretty small weighting around 190 pounds playing linebacker and my coach told me to bulk up so this is what I started taking. Upon taking this I was eating everything in site and taking this two times a day. This definitely put the weight on me and my strength did increase but my body fat did as well. Which that was also from the lack of cardio on my part when I was taking this. By the end of the tub and the end of the summer I had gained up to about 218 but take into consideration that, that was not all good weight which I have now cut down now to about 195.

I really enjoyed this weight gainer and would recommend it. I will probably buy it again once I plan on putting on some more weight. I would like to get back up to around 220 but do it smarter and eating cleaner while on this and doing cardio. It was over two years ago now that I used this product and know much more about working out, and fitness than what I did then. Then my coach told me to eat as much as possible and lift a lot so that is what I did. Now, my goals are quite a bit different but still think this will be a great product for anyone wanting to put on some good weight!

August 20, 2013

• Good Pumps
            • Good Focus
            • Sometimes Crash Afterwards
            • Big Time Crash
            I took this product before it became Mr. Hyde the difference is that Hyde contained DMAA and Mr. Hyde does not, you can still buy Hyde on some websites I do believe.

As I started to take this preworkout my attitude was the same for any in that I can take a little over the recommended dosage. This was definitely not the case. The label warns to not to take more than one scoop and I took about a scoop and a quarter maybe and it was way too much. The next time I tried it I only took one scoop and for me it was still too much so I took it down to just a half a scoop and for me that worked the best. More than that and I literally felt like my heart was going to explode and I remained that way for a few hours. I am not new to pwos or anything this stuff is just very heavy in stims and was a little much for me.

I am not going to dissect all the ingredients of this product there are other posts you can read that will go into detail on what all it contains.

Taste: (8) Fruit Punch I thought it had a really good taste and was not hard to drink at all. It also did not irritate my stomach or anything like other pwos, like NO.

Energy: (10) It was ridiculous at even once scoop. For me I was jittery and my heart was racing to a point that I though I may need to go to the doctor. A buddy of mine also tried it at just one scoop and he was experiencing the same feeling and this did not go away for a few hours. At a half a scoop it seemed a lot more fitting and still gave me a ton of energy it was just not sustained for as long.

Endurance: (8) Was great if you can handle the feeling of you heart exploding. You will be able to lift much longer and have more energy throughout your workouts and knock out some extra reps at the ends of your lifts.

Value: (9) It has 40 servings for around $30.00 a tub. For me only taking a half a scoop for the remaining of the container it was definitely worth its money. But even at taking a scoop each time, no more than that is needed, it is still a good price.

Effectiveness: (7)For me the effectiveness is down a little because it was too stim heavy and it was hard for me to concentrate on lifting when I was thinking I might die, more seriously it was just hard for me to stay focused I had so much energy I just felt like I was bouncing of the walls and could not concentrate. For lifters who love stim heavy pwos this would definitely be the one for you.

I will give Hyde an 8 overall. It was a very intense pwo that stays true to the warning on the label. You only need one scoop if that and you will for sure feel the rush of energy after taking it.

August 16, 2013

• Endurance
            • No Pump
            • Crazy Sweating
            • Needs To Be Stacked With Others
            I am a big fan of NO Xplode so when hyper came out I was pretty excited to try it! I am going to go over the things that BSN claims that HYPER should do.

Training Energy & Fat Burning(8): I thought that Hyper kicked in really fast and had pretty great energy instantly. I felt as if the boost of energy was definitely accompanied by the products thermo effects as well. I started sweating almost instantly and sweated a lot more than what I normally do.

Focus and Mental Alertness* (6-7): When taking NO Xplode I feel completely focused and locked in on the task of working out, with Hyper I did not really get much of this at all maybe for a brief period at the beginning of my workout but that was it.

Power and Endurance* (8): Hyper gave me pretty great endurance throughout my workouts. I was not getting tired in the middle of them and was actually able to knock out extra reps when I would usually be fatigued.

Pump (3-4): Hyper did not give me a pump what so ever. I had energy and could get more reps but it did not give me any extra in terms of pump then what I would get without a preworkout. If you enjoyed this product, like I did, but also love the pump you will probably need to end up adding to it, stacking it with something else.

Taste (8): I have always been a fan of blue raspberry so that is what I tried with Hyper. I really liked the taste of it and I thought the peppers added a little bite to it and you could feel them burn the top of your tongue a little bit which I did not mind. Which my opinion on the taste I do not know if you should take because I also like the taste of Blue Raspberry NO Xplode which many hate.

Value (10): This preworkout you can usually find extremely cheap I have saw it on supplementwarehouse for 14.99 and during the month of June when there was free shipping you cannot beat that price for what you get out o fit it was an amazing day.

Overall(7-8): I would recommend Hyper FX to anyone, especially because of the price. For me, when I use it I liked it better for higher intensity workouts or when I was doing uptempo cardio, due to the aspect of not giving me a pump I felt it worked great for those types of workouts.