tiktik

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online 2 years ago

Reviews by tiktik

December 19, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pump
  • Gh Release
  • The Bottle Never Ends
  • Da Scoopa
  • Not As Good Of A Value
Profile: Single, handsome, moderately tall, and once won a highschool powerlifting meet due to others in the weight class busting out on their lift.

Okay, to the ACTUAL profile:

Agmatine sulfate.

That's it.

Pure, good, and awesome agmatine sulfate.

What is it? Nitric Oxide precursor, very awesome and effective, giving you that Pump, veiny looks, and to a more subjective and variable degree,

The vasodilation effect: the increase uptake of oxygen, nutrient flow, and an increase in overall endurance.

The first true agmatine sulfate I've taken was Muscle feast agmap...

Okay, to the ACTUAL profile:

Agmatine sulfate.

That's it.

Pure, good, and awesome agmatine sulfate.

The first true agmatine sulfate I've taken was Muscle feast agmapure, a very pure source of Agmatine sulfate. Nutrabio's counterpart is the same, marking no real difference, making them as effective, and as awesome as muscle feast.

Nutrabio's agmapure played several role in my personal usage, pre workout, pre bed time, pre um...

and I gotta say, I'm impress.

The effects: several category here, bedtime, pumps, "other" pumps, and more pumps.

Pre bed: 10/10

The same effect as muscle feast's agmapure, it wont knock you out, but it sure helps, gradually you're more relaxed, and when you do fall asleep, you'll experience more REM sleep, lots of dreams, some normal, some weird, some wet...

um... yeah anyway REM sleep is connected with an increase in the release of GH, so potentially the connection is real. A different GH enhancer, with out the libido effect.

Pumps: we're talking gym pumps here.
20 mins prior with any pre workout, without pre workout, for endurance training, for weight training, it just flat out works.

Crazy vein effect, crazy blood rush when you're hitting the main lift, Swole effect, all the things you're looking for in the gym.

Other pumps: It's there. Not much to explain, someday when i wake up after pre bed usage, ya buddy is up with ya. For a long time. Don't wear tight pants. ;)

Mixability: 9/10 in water it mixes extremely well, but sometimes it will clump together in the bottle so you may have to break it up before putting it in the cups.

Taste: 3/10

It's bitter, chemical, and leaves behind that cough syrup aftertaste. I believe it's from the sulfur. (SO4)

Price: 6/10

This is the downfall of the product, its 50 bucks for a 90g bottle. Considerably more expensive than muscle feast 100g for 29.99.
(contact our muscle feast rep for additional and SR only discount for bonus )

The main reason I dish out that kinda coin was for a very impulsive reason: the scooper.
Muscle feast agmapure didn't have any, this one does. Trust me, don't be an idiot.

Overall :8/10

I love it, it's effective, it works day or night, morning or afternoon. Bitter aftertaste, but great mixability, expect pumps that just linger on. Shame though that the price just doesn't compare to Muscle feast. Still good stuff, but sadly there's a cheaper brand for pretty much the same effects.

November 8, 2013

• Great While Cutting
  • Helps Recovery
  • Proprietary Blend
I am a huge fan of BCAA's for a couple of reasons.
Muscle preservation during fasted state and calorie deficit diet, Muscle growth potential increase due to the interaction of Leucine and it's brother Isoleucine and Valine. Aside from that the factor in which the rate of recovery is improved as well as endurance.

I strictly use these specifically for Intra workout.
Whether it be deadlift marathon session, or your super awesome quick tiring HIIT session, these baby just LOVES, to help you out.

I am a huge fan of BCAA's for a couple of reasons.

I strictly use these specifically for Intra workout.

There are many contenders competing to be the best branch chain amino out there, and out of all that I have tried out so far, This beat them all by miles.

I'm running a Cyclic Ketogenic diet, which involves the concept of low carb, high fat, high protein diet.
Leaving the body to be potentially more vulnerable to the concept of muscle breakdown than the norm. So in training, especially in the longer session, the factor of muscle breakdown becomes a little more valid than usual. And thus BCAA's come into play.

Profile : 9/10

Proprietary blend 15G (15000 mg) Allowing for 30 true servings.

Micronized 8:1:1 BCAA Blend:

L-Alanine

Glycine

L-Alanyl-LGlutamine (Sustamineâ„¢)

Electrolyte blend 654mg
Sodium Citrate, Potassium Chloride.

Other ingredients include:
Citric Acid, Natural Flavor, Sucralose, Silicon Dioxide

The only setback I see is the proprietary blend which hide the true profile.But 15 g of BCAA blend in an 8:1:1 ratio means your getting your moneys worth.

Taste/Mixability 9/10

I took advantage of BB.com 2+1 deal which dropped the price down to like 18 bucks a piece per unit with shipping. ( I think that's right)
Anyway they litmit you to only one flavor though so I only had the chance to try out watermelon.
regard less its pretty awesome. Mixes super well, a little foamy, but that's typically true of BCAA.

Taste like watermelon jolly rancher. Yup I think that's accurate.

The main meat of what you guys read these reviews for, aside from of course the persona each of us have in our written word.

Er..

SO, after a full tub the effects include:
Increase recovery/decrease soreness. Absolutely awesome in this department. Even on a 2 a day session I'm usually not limb locked the next day.
Muscle preservation: it's really showing it's effect. In conjunction with the CKD definition have started to show up. I look slimmer, but my weight for the most part haven't move too rapidly from week to week, physical strength haven't diminished too much either.

Another note on 8:1:1 ratio. A proof for the presence of leucine is in the ability to accelerate the body into Ketosis from a replenish state.

After a particular refeed, the combination of MBCAA+ and HIIT training dropped me back into ketosis in a single day. That's after 400g+ of carbs. It literally astound me.

I got this on BB.com 2+1 deal which dropped the price down to 18 bucks a tub. Awesome stuff, great price what's to complain. Normal listting is at 27 bucks for a tub on the same site.

Overall 9/10
This is by far my favorite of the bunch. Mix well, taste pretty sweet, sweet recovery/decrease in soreness, Helps accelerate into ketosis. Plus your typical muscle preservation ability.

Sweet lady. She's beautiful.

September 27, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Easy
  • Improves Recovery
  • Muscle Endurance
  • Little Too Carbonated
  • Prop Blendz!!!!!
Yo Ho!! Tiktik here with yet Another BCAA reviews.

Why BCAA's? again Ill stress out the captivating qualities that lies in these suckers in general.
Muscle preservation, muscle builiding stimulator (not to the extent of anabolics of course), improve recovery/soreness, and for leucine specifically, the ability to push the body into ketosis quicker.

Between uses for bulking/cutting, BCAA in general have its place.

Yo Ho!! Tiktik here with yet Another BCAA reviews.

Between uses for bulking/cutting, BCAA in general have its place.

So, on to the goods. BSN Amino X. Ill be honest, the first BSN product I had as a highschooler was the Original N.O. Xplode, the feelings I got from those got me a little bias over the years, but that that bias is now deadened, I have been enlightened, and so now I approach this with a much more subjective views.

I've taken Betancourt's Pure-amino, Axis lab ngage,
and countless samples of BCAA's. As I am an avid user, in general I can tell what distinguish one BCAA products from another. (like an addict who can tell mixes stuff from pure stuff XD)

Features to look for: Recovery time, soreness the next day, endurance while lifting/ running, strength retention/drop off during calorie deficit diets.

To the Labels: BSN is a big Proprietary blend fan so the general numbers are as follows.

Serving size: 1 scoop, 30 servings per 15 ounce container.

Less than 1g carbs per scoop, with addition of vitamin d and sodium.

Amino acid profiles: 10g in Proprietary blend

Efforsorb Endura Composite : 2g
Citric acid,
Malic acid
Sodium Bicarbonate
and Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D)

Mixability: 5/10 This is the only real issue I have with Amino-x, it mixes very well in water, not a problem, but the main concern is the carbonation and pressure build up effect. In an el cheapo shaker, the pressure can build up to a point where the cap literally pop off, and on almost every occasion, this happened to me.

First time it happened, okay, just gotta be careful, second time it happens, okay maybe I got to shake then relieve pressure.

And when you have to do this for about 15-20 more times, it gets very annoying very quickly.

Especially when you throw in 2 scoops on leg/deadlift day.

Effectiveness: 7/10 Increase recovery, decrease soreness, muscle preservation. All there, but nothing spectacular, it works just nothing special and nothing truly noteworthy.

Taste: Solid 8/10
Blue razz was the first tub I used, little tangy, not too overly sweet, very pleasant to sip on throughout the workout.
Watermelon was another one I got. Very tangy, little sweet mix with sour but nothing unpleasant.

Value: 8.5/10
I got a full 30 serving tub for 20 bucks the first time. 15 for the second tub in a local shop. Lockout has it for about 18.

comes to a little over 50 cents a serving. Solid price if you can bear the carbonation effects.

Good stuff, solid, nothing truly special, nothing horrendous either aside from the boom in the face effect from shaking in a cheap shaker.

August 13, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase In Recovery
  • 4:1:1 Ratio
  • Muscle Preservation.
  • Horrendous Taste
  • Awful Taste
  • Made Me Gag
  • Made Me Throw Up
First off I am a big big fan of BCAA's in general.
The concept is solid, used intra to promote greater recovery, muscle preservation during calorie deficit diet, and greater protein synthesis during a bulk.

I'm the guy who likes to use this intra, whether it's HIIT day in the texas heat, Crunch time at the gym, this is included in my daily arsenal.

So on to the main event, Betancourt Pure-amino.
So how is this different from the array of BCAA's out on the market. First of all the ratio
First off I am a big big fan of BCAA's in general.

So on to the main event, Betancourt Pure-amino.
4:1:1 and this is a ratio in grams (not like other who claims oh yeah its 8:1:1 ratio but measured in freakin half and quarter grams, Really?!?!)

To the labels:
Per serving :1 scoop

Advance Water Soluble BCAA Blend

L-Leucine 4000 mg (4g)

L-Isoleucine 1000mg (1g)

L-Valine 1000mg (1g)

Glucose and VO2 Blend
Taurine, Glycine, N-acetylcystein, Citrulline Malate.

Plus additional vitamin B6,12, plus minerals.

Comes out to 40 calorie per scoop

Good solid profile, about 6g BCAA per scoop, 4g of that is solely Leucine.

Mixability: 9/10

Mixes really well even in cold water, although foamy at times, it's one of the better mixing BCAA.

As BCAA should act, I'd had increase in recovery, decrease in soreness, I'm noticing more shapes n such even though I'm on calorie deficit (mostly, as there are days that It just didn't happen )
Nothing spectacular, but it didn't fall short either in terms of effectiveness.

Taste: 3/10
Okay this, is where it gets bad. The 4g worth of leucine means more potential muscle building/preservation effect but it also means this, It's gonna taste like crap.

First day I tried this was on HIIT day, I generally sip on BCAA during the workout when there is a break, and to be honest, I threw up on it.

Gym sessions were better, as I did not vomited, but that bitter, and just plain awful aftertaste is something to remember.

Toward the end I got used to it, Don't know how, but it may be that this stuff messed up my taste buds.

I grab this at around 26, a little pricy but about the average I spend on BCAA. A little under $1 a day if you used only one serving.

If it wasn't for the taste, this would be a decent BCAA, the price is pretty average, mixes well, and act properly as BCAA supplement.
But good lord that taste. If I wasn't such a cheapo I might have tossed this after that first day vomiting experience.

This is on you, Personally I would recommend other brands over this, but functionally there's nothing wrong with it. Just nothing spectacular, aside from the taste.

July 22, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Keepin On
  • Keepin On.
    First and foremost I am lacto intolerant :(

General concentrate will cause me to go to da bathroom within half an hour to an hour even with digestive enzymes.

I ran across this in the best possible way, my co worker ((girl), why is this significant, it's not but i'm still bragging) was doing a daily "browsing" whilst at work, and from time to time I will get sent odd pics of deals and sometime its a great one, like this one.

To the labels: Isofusion by Gaspari
    First and foremost I am lacto intolerant :(

To the labels: Isofusion by Gaspari
    Whey Isolate Process through Triple cold filtration with the goals of keeping a more extensive amino acids profile and peptides, and other things I don't really know about. (Glycomacro peptides???)

Anyway:

Isoleucine 1.39g
    Valine 1.4g
    Tryptophan 0.39g
    Methionine 0.5 g
    Phenylalanine 0.7g ( I used to pronounce this Phenyl- la-la- nine)
    Threonine 1.7g
    lysine 2.2g
    histidine 0.4g

Taste: 8/10
    My tub was the 1.6lb chocolate, decent taste nothing too overpowering or underwhelming, more like sweeter cocoa powder. a little odd after taste sometimes that I noticed, like a salty aftertaste. but overall pretty decent in taste.

How do you rate protein? Recovery, muscle fullness, growth in questionable area?

I supplement heavily in BCAA and glutamine, So recovery is not very apparent to me as I tend to have reduce soreness already. But the fact is since I switch protein (Prior is ALLMAX ISOFLEX and ISO 100) the recovery did not decrease, which means at the least this measure up to the other Isolate. Muscle fullness is a little denser, with my fairly consistent calorie deficit diet, at least a measure is attributed to the powder.
    Growth in questionable area? ... None, just kidding guys.

Value: (7/10)
    To be fair I can't rate this on my own basis, as I got it on a great deal. Lockout has it for 28 BB.com has it for 30.

I got it for 18 bucks. AT Kroger's manager's special (hint hint)

at 28-30 bucks a pop for 23 serving, this makes it average to other Isolate costs.

Overall: 7.7/10
    Good Isolate, good taste, no unquestionable growth, and at the right time/place good pricing.
    (I got 2 tubs) Nothing ground breaking, just good solid protein.

July 12, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Recovery
    • Enhances Recovery
    • Helps You Fall Asleep
    • Increased Vasodilation
    • No Scooper
    Curiosity brought me to this product, curiosity in that every time I see Mr. Garlick's name I imagine a garlic monster (Imagine Veggie tales, or a chinese dumpling since it kinda look also like a garlic clove) curiosity in that how does an N.O. Product bring about better rest.

Generally N.O. product are used in blends in conjunction with pre workout formula or as a standalone to provide that vascular look in the gym and the "Pump" feeling. Vasodilation is the effect produce from nitric oxide, resulting in greater blood flow, possibly more oxygen intake/uptake, possibly more nutrient transport (this part is subjective)

I've used several product that contain Agmatine sulfate, such as Hemavol. As a standalone blend (Hemavol) it gave me pretty sickening pumps, Agmatine sulfate in conjunction with a pre workout (such as HYDE) well that's just a monster day. Either way both cases result in pretty awesome gym time.

However Agmatine sulfate as the only ingredient?
    How will that work?

Sleep is a problem of mine, staying asleep and falling asleep. Based on the experience Mr. Garlick had, the experience Mhseaver had, the consistent variable that was reported was deeper sleep, lesser DOMS and additional Vasodilation down stairs. I used this product solely pre-Bedtime, to test out the effects experience by prior reviewers. What I found was pretty awesome.

Effects: 9/10 (... Where dem DOMS at?)

For Sleep I took Agmatine sulfate with melatonin.
    Now it didn't knock me out, and you shouldn't expect it to, but be aware that it creeps up on you and ultimately will ravage you when you sleep.
    ODD dreams, longer REM, and when you wake, just an awesome rested feeling.

DOMS were markedly reduce from the usual routine,even after heavy days though you still feel a stiffness, it was no where near the day after without agmatine.

Morning riser: Well it's there, also on rare occasion when I don't hit the hay within 10-20 mins after taking it, you'll notice his presence too.

Taste: 5/10 Unflavored is just hell, bitter, tough, and you never really get used to it. I tried masking it via apple juice as per Mr. Garlick's advice, and gotta say still horrible. Toward the end of the tub I got my hands on some Betancourt Pure-Amino, and after that for some reason, I didn't have complaints about the unflavored anymore. (Because Pure-amino killed my taste buds I believed)

29.99 for 100 serving. IF you measure out 1/4 of a teaspoon (0.6 g). I actually measured out 1/4 of a teaspoon for a couple of days, experience pretty good result, then got lazy and just used (1+) teaspoon(2.4+ g)

I killed the bottle in 30 days. $1 a day. May not sound too bad, but most likely this is supplemental to your supplement stack. $1+ a day to staples gets expensive quick. However If you have more self control than I do(you should) 100 servings for $30 is not a bad deal.

If you can shoulder off the taste, the potential long term cost of regular supplementation (if you use excess) , what you get in turn is this: Better sleep, Better Recovery, Mr. Woody in the morning (also at night If you're looking to do things with him before sleep)

July 9, 2013

• Mixes Very Well
    • Good Recovery
    • Not The Greatest Value
    I came across this BCAA blend while trying out some samples I had.Initially I didn't know what bcaa was, so i browse around for information, and after sifting through many literature basically what i got was this: Helps with soreness, help preserve anabolic state, help fat loss (??). Now at least two of said effects I can confirm. I ran through two bottles of this stuff one in Glacier Punch (love, and maybe marriage) and Cherry Limeade (dirty mistress).

I used this to supplement my cutting cycle with the goal of preserving as much muscle mass as I can whilst losing the fat. I used it on both HIIT days and Lifting days, as Intras. On HIIT days this did not sit heavy in your stomach, and as I was sipping on it as I would water, it did not result in vomiting (as some things do). On lifting days I feel like I could just go on and on, 2-3 hours session is common, and afterward I don't pay for it with ridiculous cramping or excessive DOMS.

So to the facts: Per serving - 1 scoop (35 serving a tub)
    10 calorie
    Leucine- 2.5 g, (2500mg)
    Valine- 1.25g (1250mg)
    Isoleucine- 1.25 g (1250mg)
    Glutamine- 2.5g (2500mg)

Pretty basic profile, I like the little glutamine mix thrown in, but overall I feel as though the numbers are a little underdosed (Though I am in the 250+ lb) so I tend to double up.

Effectiveness: (9/10) On days I don't have this, I am a sad panda, expect DOMS the next day, expect quicker fatigue, expect just plain side effect of working out raw. On days I do have this : Quicker recover, Decrease DOMS, lasting endurance.

I didn't really lose strength despite my calorie deficit while using this, so in part I attribute it to this, nifty little curves shows up, and lesser love handle (mostly from diet though)

Mixability/Taste:(10/10) Now the common saying is if she can cook this is grounds for marriage. So I do declare my love for the Glacier punch, and one day maybe set aside a date. I also tried this in cherry limeade, a little rougher in contrast but none the less delivers and is still plenty of fun. (Hence the dirty mistress)
    No problem with mixability, and in water you can see it mix clear which is kind of cool.

Value/Price:(7/10) Okay, like many women, they cost money. How much of course is incumbent on taste, packaging and of course Bias. Anyway I got my hands on this for around 26 a tub, not too bad if you can stick with just one a day, as it delivers for you about a month's worth of Intra BCAA's. But for me it lasted a little over two weeks, more than a little dent, especially if I'm running a stack in addition to the staples (protein, fish oil, multi, blah).

Overall I believe it's a good Intra mix, great taste, good recovery, lesser DOMS, plus just a great muscle preserver. The only true complaints I have is essentially the price, but if you don't have to double up it's probably a decent value.

May 23, 2013

• Cheap And Lasts Long
    • Better Products Out There
    • Runs For The First Few Days
    I've been hovering around the site for the past few weeks now reading up on the many products I may want to dabble in, but seeing that I have the chance to give you guys some feedback in turn here's what I got.

"New" Syngex what appealed to me most was the cost,
    I was able to obtain a 5lb tub for about 44 bucks.
    90 servings, 20 gram of protein per scoop 100 calorie per scoop.1.5g fat 2g carbs , 1g sugar

Label boast SRO technology, reverse osmosis filtration. Syngex is protein concentrate, much like Syntha-6 which I have tried and actually preferred over this.

Flavor: 6
    My 5lb ...

"New" Syngex what appealed to me most was the cost,
    I was able to obtain a 5lb tub for about 44 bucks.

Flavor: 6
    My 5lb tub was vanilla, and I just gotta say, where's the taste? I've been using this mainly with my small meals (PB sandwich) to bring out some taste, but after 3 weeks, I don't really know which brings out more flavor, the PB sandwich or the hinting taste of vanilla Syngex offered.

Effectiveness: 7
    Hard to tell with protein powder sometimes but in conjunction with my refined diet I've felt Fuller in muscle density, though I contribute this more to my diet than the powder, still as often as I've been using this i cannot leave it completely out.

Sides: 5
    I may be a little modest with this rating but i will explain.
    For the first week on this stuff half hour or so after ingesting I had the "runs". A rep told me the reason for this was due to the amino profile they packed in the protein, the truth of this i cannot confirmed, but it took a while for my body to adjust to this stuff.

Value:8
    Like previously stated I actually got a hold of this tub for around 44 bucks and at 90 servings I can't really complain. (.50 cents a serving)

To be fair I have heard that the chocolate flavor is better than this, and the "runs" it gave me was just 3 times a day, so i partly see it as just being regular with my bowel movement.

Much like other before me said, I think there's better stuff out there.