texasmade89

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 1 year ago
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by texasmade89

Thanks to SD Pharmaceuticals for sending it out!
  December 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slightly Increased EnergyWell Being
  • Underdosed
  • Only Lasts 20 Days
  • Over-Priced
It seems like the more supplements I review, the more upset I become with the industry.

While most experts and moderators will consider my gripe with this product particularly minor, it's more a microcosm of the bigger problem existing within the industry: under dosed products mixed with prop blends sold for high prices. This product did help in some aspects, but if we pride ourselves on no bullshit reviews this is how it goes, straight up. My SN is texasmade for a reason. In Texas if you have a problem with someone at least in my family/friends it's brought to the table immediately and dealt with (beef squashed). It's this mentality I will use to review this product while also contacting my spirit guide to not come off too harsh because that's not my nature either. With low to moderate reviews I usually like to use the "sh** sandwich" (used frequently in corporate settings); this review may slightly deviate from that format. At any rate, after that minor but powerful rant here we go. It has not yet been determined scientifically, if rhodiola does actually help fatigue but for me it does. There is also evidence to suggest that it may help physical performance (oxygen re-uptake) and mental fatigue although again science has yet to explicitly validate these claims. Personally it's what I have experienced on rhodiola supplements and I have been taking supplements for a while so I know when one is kicking. Let me also add the brand I buy usually (NOW, vita cost last time) is extremely reputable and not at all likely to include extra compounds in there capsules for an added boost, I feel this important to note to help the reader know that I truly believe in Rhodiola's potential. Please forgive any spelling errors I did the best I could but my brain is worn out from studying exam material for organic chemistry and pharmacology. In my opinion, there's only so much to review on what is essentially a single compound with a minor prop blend so I did my best to elaborate and include sources to support information.

First of all here's a link about the compound being sold, not only is it very beneficial it's just interesting general to nerds like myself so if you care to read prior to beginning review here's Wikipedia. Felt there site was neutral enough and balanced enough when it came to this particular item to post on my review. I know many don't trust it so please don't lose hope on my review yet

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rhodiola_rosea (if your too lazy to read this, I'll give you my quick break down)
Rhodiola is an adaptogen and has been used for a very long time to help people deal with stress. It also aids in oxygen re-uptake so is beneficial for (in my case) cardiovascular exercise but also helps me keep going when I'm lifting. The article also states that the plant is used in Chinese medicine to prevent altitude sickness. The FDA even took so rhodiola products off the market due to false claims that it cures cancer, anxiety and a variety of ailments. I mean no harm to the review by this as benzodiazepines and chemotherapy could hardly be considered better treatments than that God created.

I was super excited to see a plant based supplement like rhodiola on the TROOPS CP. This is a supplement I usually take on and off when my energy gets particularly low due various ailments related to the gastrointestinal system. I was initially put off by the name Rhodiola 200, as the majority of rhodiola I take is dosed at 700mgs. Considering it was available to run I decided why not, it definitely could not hurt. For those of you unfamiliar with this compound, it's amazing. It supports oxygen re-uptake and can significantly enhance energy/feeling of well being; if my memory serves me correctly it is frequently used in ayurvedic medicine to treat chronic fatigue syndrome.

Experience: My typical experience with rhodiola is a very nice, subtle boost in energy and feeling of well being throughout the day. I can lightly say that I achieved the same effect with this product just not nearly as strong. I'm not sure what his company was trying to dosing it so low then recommending you take it 1-3 times a day, but that will be addressed in another section. Overall, I would definitely take it again but only if it was given to me through a program like TROOPs, it simply did not have the kick other rhodiola products have.

Ingredient Profile/Dosing-After thoroughly looking at the bottle I started to get for lack of a better word pissed off. Let me explain. If a product is of high quality, made under GMP, and dosed correctly, there is absolutely no need for additional ingredients outside the advertised compound! In addition to rhodiola the company included Tienchi Ginseng and Astralagus. The only reason I could think would be to stretch the amount of time the consumer could take the product. Since the dose is only recommended at 1 per day, or at least that's an option when you combine the synergistic effects of these 3 chemicals you potentially have a powerful mix depending on how you respond to adaptogen. Unfortunately they put these TWO chemicals in a hyped up name proprietary blend. I'm going to break this down the best I can. As stated previously, the rhodiola I have taken consistently is dosed at 700mg and recommended twice a day between meals (totaling 1.4 grams). This product, if all took consecutively would be 900mg with the other compounds of course. I tried taking 1, then 2 capsules with just almost no result. Maybe a slight increase in energy but it could have just been as easily written off as placebo because I know rhodiola well and have taken it in all formulations (tincture, liquid gel, powder, extract) from various reputable companies. In my opinion, you have to take 3 a day to achieve in the basic effect that rhodiola is designed to provide. The ginseng and astragulus may potentiate it's affects but again difficult to say for sure not knowing the exact amount put in. I seriously do not like putting so much hate or negativity into a review but come on. Rhodiola is considered to be one of the more expensive supplements so why not obtain high quality product, that smaller amounts with prop blends? What scientific evidence shows this combination of chemicals produces a better results than a solid dose rhodiola itself? Some people may love this product and good for them but just from an ingredient stand point it's not for me. Let's get to the price.
Astragulus::The recommended dose for adults is 250-500mg taken 3 to 4 times daily, so anywhere from 750mg to 2 grams. This product could be possibly correctly in the prop blend but it's so cheap there's so no reason to not put the full 2 grams in. Also considering it has such a low if any side effect profile there's another reason. Again, prop blend is composed of 2.5 grams of compounds.

Tienchi Ginseng: All forms of ginseng are known to have a wide variety of health effects and is used frequently in eastern medicine to treat traditional ailments. From my research it seems it would be the perfect type of ginseng to include in this formula and I wasn't able to find many supplements with this type only (not to be confused with Panax) but the ones I did find were priced higher ($52.95). Here is the site with that item and price but I could not find how much Tienchi ginseng it actually contained. If someone can please leave it in the comments as it would help justify SD's price for their product. There was a study done showing it stopped bleeding time in rats, which is great but not necessarily what this product is marketed for. Scientific studies from Taiwan also showed it increased tumor radio sensitivity in mice, although was toxic in higher doses. I think it's a cool they used a new type of ginseng, I did as much research as time permitted for SD's sake and for the review. I could not find a whole as much information as I would like to regarding dosing, so I can't currently formulate a theory on if it's under dosed or dosed correctly (again, even that would be an educated guess). Ill share what I could find for those interested.

Wikipedia Last Paragraph: With its high level of use- perhaps a million doses a year- few reports of apparent adverse effects have occurred, none of them related to toxicity of its herbal constituents. An article in the journal Chinese Herbal Drugs[13] Two basic types of adverse responses occurred: Two cases of esophagitis from consuming tablets without drinking enough water causing irritation or acid reflux. Nineteen allergic reactions including dermatitis, shock, purport, blisters, or other idiosyncratic reactions. The manufacturer of the notoginseng products consumed was not known, nor was the botanical identity of the raw materials confirmed and with Chinese patent medicine where formulas and adulteration often occurs. There may be fewer occasions of idosyncratic reactions due to the herb alone.[14]

RARE REACTIONS TO A SAFE HERB

Sanqi (Panax notoginseng)
By Subhuti Dharmananda, Ph.D., Director, Institute for Traditional Medicine, Portland, Oregon

A Review of the Adverse Effects of Panax notoginseng by Yang Xingang, Lu Benqiang, and Guo Yaping)Chinese Herbal Drugs (2003; volume 25, number 3, pages 216-218.

Wikipedia Information, where all science links are gained from:

Showing Protective Agents From Cardiovascular Disease:

Anti-carcinogenic activity of the roots of Panax notoginseng. II.

Sensitization of a Tumor, but not Normal Tissue, to the Cytotoxic Effect of Ionizing Radiation using Panax Notoginseng Extract

Price: I usually pay between $17.99-$19.99 for a two month supply. Again this is from brands with great reviews and a long list of happy customers. This product is pried on Amazon at $23.99, the content of rhodiola cannot justify the price, period. Astragulus is an amazing adaptogen in itself and ginseng is also beneficial in many ways but until you tell me how much is in it, I cannot justify paying this much for 20 day supply. As previously stated results are almost only seen in my personal experience at doses exceeding 700mg. If you took 3 caps a day, this bottle would only last you a day short of 3 weeks. It's listed at $23.97 on bodybuilding.com and of course it hasn't hit stores so you're looking at shipping too. It has an 8.9 rating there but that is a site that has been proven to have fake reviews not necessarily saying the rating is fake just being skeptical as we have to be in this industry,

For those wondering, what I usually takes looks like this 1400mg/ED, no explanation needed:
Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Vegetarian Capsules
Servings per Container: 60
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

Rhodiola Rosea Extract (standardized to 3% rosavins, 1% salidrosides)(root) 700 mg *

*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Hypromellose (vegetarian capsule),

Side Effects-None. This is definitely not the top of product that is going to give you any negative sides. Prop blends can be dangerous though especially when a person is taking prescription medication;, neither of the additional chemicals would pharmacologically affect the majority of prescriptions filled but it's just a thought/plea, Please SD Pharmaceuticals, stop using prop blends.

Overall: First of all SD, I know your trying to make it, economy's tough, supplement industry is vicious but this site can be your biggest help., I would doing you a disservice to say yes this product is excellent, top of the line; as opposed to it could use some work. If you could make a properly dosed let's say 750mg just to take it up a notch, taken twice daily priced reasonably you could corner the market. It would be tough at first but believe me this is a sought after compound, I spend much time with my friend who is a chemist at the supplement shop. He recommends this to everyone along with holy basil and reishi mushroom. All is not lost and I do applaud you for trying to do something new; I at this point don't understand what exactly the low dose/prop blend was trying to accomplish (synergistic effect I'm sure). I will most likely catch heat for such a scathing review but let it come, I welcome the criticism as I know I always must remain teachable. If SD remains teachable you will continue to succeed even more than you already area. I wish you the best of luck and thank you for letting my try your product. SD, I have talked a lot of mess but I pray for your company and that you get this product dosed right in the future and modify the price. Good vibes toward new companies, I know how it is being a new vendor not with supplements but just saying it's not all hate. I feel for you (100%), and like I said keep grinding. Never stop.

Thanks to Bioticzone for sending it out!
  December 18, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Small Appetite Curb
  • Fair Taste
  • Not The Most Potent
Background: First of all, I want to thank the TROOP program and Bioticzone for letting my experiment with their product. I was on certain 'supplements' that astronomically increase your appetite and can potentially cause lethargy. The profile looked relatively straight forward and I had finished all my other TROOP reviews so I decided to give this product a run. I have used fat burners for PWO's in the past but have never really considered using them for appetite suppression during a cycle. This may sound kind of strange as bodybuilders (most of the time) want to pack in as much food as possible but if it gets to the point where you are craving it constantly, additional supplementation may be necessary. I was also looking forward to aloud energy boost in the morning as I get up at 4:45AM for work.
Effectiveness-This supplement gave me a minor boost in energy and suppressed my appetite enough to where I wasn't considering G4P to buy more food. There really was not a whole lot this product did outside of those two effects. I didn't have high expectations for this product; so I wasn't necessarily let down by the intensity or lack thereof concerning the effects.

Taste-The taste was way too sweet for me. I mixed it with lots of water throughout the duration of use. Dosing was recommended to be five sprays, twice daily which was not bad. I always enjoy liquid or transdermal supplements to pills and powders.

Profile-This product could have been so much better if they had increased the amount of b-vitamins , which are relatively cheap. This product seems to represent an impulse type buy; a company that depends on a person just trying it once as I cannot see how anyone no matter how there tolerance to caffeine could be blown away by this product.

Price-The price for this product is not at all consistent with the results. The price seems to rely on the new fad combination of green coffee bean (has some science behind) and raspberry ketones. I would only run this product again if it was free.

Overall-This product did curb my appetite enough to not continuously go over my daily caloric intake. The slimming spray did provide a boost of energy, slightly stronger than a cup of starbucks. I work on my feet so with my metabolism and heart rate already up while completing laborious tasks this could be the reason the stimulation lasted and felt the way it did. Overall though, if a person was seriously interested in sliming they would need an IV drip of this to see results. My suggestion to the manufacturer is legitimate amounts of b-vitamins in addition to another stimulant like yohimbine or huperzine-A. As previously stated, if you can get it for free, try it, otherwise leave it alone.

Thanks to CEL Nutrition for sending it out!
  December 17, 2015

• Increased Focius
  • Caused Anxiety
  • Prop Blend
Review of Nervacore
Solid profile providing focus/energy, unfortunately this product gave me too much anxiety to finish the bottle.
Review of Nervacore
I was on and off for about three weeks regarding this supplement. Days taken off (nerva core pills) were used to confirm that the strange anxiety was no present. When I started it initially I did have more energy and focus. I found it very strange that OTC supplement would give me this type of anxiety when I have experimented with all types of research chemicals w/out sides. I figured I could write some additional information regarding the components in this supplement.
Dosing-The dosing protocol is simple to follow. It instructs you to take 1-2 capsules 30 minutes before physical or mental activity. They also suggest you take 2 weeks off so your tolerance doesn't build up to high, tolerance to what? The last sentence in the dosing instructions tells you not to exceed 4 capsules daily; It seems dangerous and strange to not directly recommend 4 caapsules for primary dosing but hint that it can be done at the end. This product would only last jiust over 11 days at 4 pills a day anyway.

Profile-I will go over some of the more interesting chemicals more than the traditional b vitamins. In addition to the cognitive enhancers, you also get vitamin b complex. I did like that this company used Methylcobolamin (500mg, should have been 1 gram) instead of cyanocobalamin; methyl has a higher absorption rate. The folic acid dose is 200mg. I have noticed a more pronounced stimulation type effect when I take 200mg folic acid a day. I would recommend using MTHF. MTHF is the best absorbed formulation of folic acid and can have some wonderful effects, that includes effects in the cognitive area. Nerva core has 10mg of niacinimide per pill. I looked at various studies but could not find any with this dose listed; in fact the doses between the 1-4 gram range most of the time. I will use the abbreviation "N C" in reference to the products name. NC has 30mg of vitamin b6 (pyridoxine hcl). According to mayclinic.com, the best dose for cognitive enhancement is 20mg; there were way higher doses ran for auto immune diseases and the like so 10 extra mg will not pose a problem. I will pos the link for those who are interested as it shows b6 can be used for many different ailments. I have heard of bodybuilders making injectable vitamin b6 a staple in any steroid cycle as it minimizes oome of the sides.

Vinpocetine-I was introduced to this chemical by a fellow researcher who raved about how effective it was for focus. For the record, I have experienced this intense focus as well. It's pricey, to supplement by itself. It's dosed adequately so this may be one of the main contributing factors for the $64.99 price tag. Bioperine is always welcomed as it helps your body absorb the chemical material in the supplement.

There are many amazing chemicals with mind blowing effects listed in the proprietary blend but I still am sick of prop blends. It's not too surprising that this relatively new company used a prop blend making it difficult for competitors to reproduce the product exactly as it was made.

Price-With chemicals like Vinpocetine and others listed in the prop blend I could understand that this would be an expensive supplement. $65 for a 45 day supply is a bit too high in my opinion. I'm sure if I didn't get the side effects I did, I would be all over this. I use b vitamin injections on a regular basis and they seem to really help my critical thinking especially during work when a patient is coding.

Overall-This product has a good looking profile with some of the newer nootropics in the blend. Again, I wish companies would stop making prop blends. As stated previously this product caused me anxiety so I had to stop early. My hypothesis is all the reviews that come aftermine will be shining with praise or be right around a score of 7. Thank you CEL for letting me try your product! If there was no prop blend I would be more likely to recommend it. I usually crunch the milligrams versus normal doses for chemicals to determine if they were over/under/ or dosed right. I typically find they are all in the middle of where they should be. I'll end with this, i did get crazy focus and some moderate energy so if your into nootropics you want to give it a go. Although you can buy most nootropics pure online for a fraction of the cost of this product. Again with this product you are getting two in one, due to the product including b-complex. CEL or whoever runs the marketing could include pub med studies and scholarly articles; this approach would be way more attractive and professional to your seasoned nutritional supplement connoisseurs.

P.S. I double checked spellng/editing on word but added more info as I was re-reading it prior to posting I apologize for any spelling errors i just have a lot on my plate right now (technically I always do, plates just fuller nowadays).

Overall
Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
  November 4, 2015

• Versatile
  • Lean Profile
  • Mixes Easy
  • Medium Protein % Per Scoop
  • Too Much Sucralose
  • Ace-K
  • Chemical Taste
I was excited to try a new 'clean' whey protein from an up and coming company. This would not only save me money on a month's worth of whey but I was also excited to try a product that the company touted as clean. I read reviews on other forums that said the protein was very tasty and of very high quality. The product came through TROOPS within a week and has a comparably smaller but taller size than most whey proteins. The look is clean and sleek. I got the ice cream sandwich flavor after requesting vanilla. The look Royal Sport LTD uses is reminiscent of Cellucor, making their products visually appealing. Upon opening it, the protein had a very strong chemical smell to it which made me nervous about how it would taste. I decided to take a few scoops after a long, laborious day at work, here's what I thought:

Effectiveness-Royal Sport LTD Clean 100 did help me recover from workouts and help keep me going when I took it intra workout. Both of these components are expected with every whey protein. It did seem to work quicker after consuming than some others did; not sure if this relates to the products components or my individual metabolism. This was nice as I have only experienced this before with hydrolyzed whey protein. This is not on par with that but sometimes when I took it at the gym after I workout I felt okay enough to keep going for a while if I decided too. Overall there's not a lot besides how quickly I felt it when differing it from other whey powders. Like all the others, it's effective for recovery and is a moderate component to muscle building.

Taste: Many reviewers do not like reviewing a product based on taste. Although for this product I think it's especially important due to price and the company being fresh on to the scene. Taste overall does not matter a whole lot to me unless the taste is not good. This protein had way, way to strong of a chemical and sweet taste for me. Just for the record I have tried and sampled tons of different whey proteins throughout my years in the bodybuilding community. I mixed the first dose with water and it mixed well, better than most. The taste made it hard to get down. The next time I mixed it with organic whole milk, this made the taste slightly better but it was still difficult to get down. I was kind of upset and I was super stoked about trying a new powder and had high expectations for it. I would most likely attribute the strange taste to too much sucralose or ace-k (two artificial sweeteners).

Mixing: This product mixed well with water in a shaker, only took about 15-30 seconds of vigorous shaking. It took a little bit longer to mix in milk which is expected. Overall I think this product mixes very well and could be mixed easily on the go. I used one-two scoops depending on the intensity and duration of the workout. On long runs I would take on scoop intra and one scoop post workout. If I had a lot of heavy lifting at work, i would take one scoop during the day and sometimes one scoop at the end with some BCAA's.

Flavor-The flavor I received was Ice Cream Sandwich. This sounded very appealing although I wondered how a company could recreate the taste of an ice cream sandwich in a whey protein powder. As I stated above, the taste was rough at best. I mixed it with cow's milk, soy milk, hemp milk, water and many other things but could not get past the chemical taste. I even added ice cream and candy one time; once again that chemical flavor dominated the taste of this beverage.

'Clean' Claim: Compared to some of the other whey proteins I have tried this product does have significantly less ingredients and a somewhat cleaner profile. I do not consider sucralose a clean chemical. I understand many bodybuilders are concerned with every single calorie, especially in their supplements, and sucralose being 0 calories helps quell this fear. After years with supplements, I would really like to see companies use something besides sucralose to sweeten the products. I know sucralose is cost effective and liked by many, but I struggle to understand how it could be denoted as 'clean'. I am glad the company does not use any gluten, hydrogenated oils, artificial colors, fillers or dyes. I definitely want to give them credit for trying to make a cleaner product.

Profile-Ultra Clean 100 has 20grams of protein per serving which is a perfect amount, although 25grams would have been better and could have given them a marketing edge. It only has 100 calories per serving, 2 grams of carbohydrates, and 1 gram of fat. From this perspective it is cleaner than some others. It contains whey protein isolate and concentrate; some companies throw in casein to give it more time to breakdown and aid recovery although these two components seem sufficient for the product. Using whey isolate only could have given this even more of a clean profile. It uses 'natural and artificial flavors'. I understand this designation is used in a large amount of supplement blends but my research has indicated that it could be over 1,000 different chemicals. The FDA allowed regulated products to use the 'natural and artificial flavors' in place of naming the exact chemical in the product; obviously the FDA and supplements aren't working together at the moment. I would like to know what flavors this is referring to specifically, that doesn't seem to be an unreasonable request. It also has cellulose/xanthan gum, ace-k, and sucralose. I would like to see whey protein powders move away from artificial sweeteners. They are not something I feel 100% comfortable with consuming. Overall, there's not a ton of ingredients which is always a plus. A lower amount of ingredients usually translates to fewer side effects such as gas, indigestion, neither of which I experienced using this product. It comes with 30 servings, which could be increased especially for the price but is a relatively normal amount of servings.

Price- The price for this whey protein is higher than most. It costs $59.99 for 2lbs, breaking down to $30 a pound. Even given the cleaner profile, there are proteins out there with similar profiles for a lot less money. The taste was tough although the more traditional flavors such as chocolate or vanilla taste better. I say this because if the taste is awesome I will usually continue buying that particular powder. Considering this company seems to be just starting up, I can understand higher prices to re-comp manufacturing costs but even with a solid profile, good taste (if it exists), and versatility; it's near impossible to justify such a price. The reality is you could buy a cheaper whey protein from a reputable company, and a bunch of clean food for the price of 2lbs. of this protein. Even if the taste was better, it should be priced around $30, maybe a little more. I have used products with better profiles, even ones that include digestive enzymes for half the price of this.

Overall-I hate to deny a product due to the taste but it was just too much for me. The chemical and intensely sweet taste was too much for this product to be enjoyed, no matter what I mixed it with. I wanted to like this product as the company is trying to create a clean product but at the end of the day I could not endorse it. The price is too steep as well, being $30 for pound. It does seem to digest quickly and aids in intra/post workout recovery. The product for sure works, but taste and price deter me from recommending it.

Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
  October 30, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Side Effects
  • Increased Motivationcofidence
  • Way Too Expensive
  • Prop Blend
I was excited to try a new test booster after running various other products designed to increase hormone levels. I figured if nothing else this could help maintain or possibly raise my current levels. The ingredient profile looked solid and this product was from a relatively new company on the scene. I had a good time with TEST, it exceeded my expectations for sure. Regarding expectations; Going in, I just expected an increase in motivation to workout, increased libido and a more pronounced feeling of confidence/well being. These are the primary effects I feel when taking my favorite test boosters. I would have very much enjoyed running this for another few months to see it's true potential.

Effectiveness: This product took what seemed like a long few weeks to really get going. I was most likely just super excited about the anticipated effects. It's almost like when I started thinking 'man, is this going to kick in or what?', I noticed that extra motivation I had at the gym. It's nothing out of this world like you would experience on prohormones/sarms, but it makes getting to the gym and staying much easier. I had more confidence with my work. I take care of elderly patients with Alzheimers, and some of them are very heavy. I lifted them easier than I ever had before. I'm not ready to say this product gave me huge increases in strength, but would be more apt to say the confidence and believing in myself played a big role. The libido performance was there as well. The adult encounters were longer and more intense. I noticed I was also better with specifically planning out meals and did not seem to tire mentally as easy. Overall I enjoyed the product, although see it really shining on a 6-8 week cycle.

Ingredients- I'm really tired of seeing prop. Blends but they are pretty much standard when it comes to test boosters. I liked seeing DIM in this blend as it is particularly expensive to run by itself. This isn't something I have ran before so was stoked to give it a go. Maca is also included which most likely helped my feeling of well being. Horny goat weed is always a plus when it comes to libido. There doesn't seem to be too many ingredients that would truly effect test levels, rather than just helping you feel good consequently leading you to believe your test levels are higher.

Dosing-The dosing was simple, at 4 pills a day; two in the morning and two at night. I followed the bottles instruction with this and had no issue getting the pills down, even on empty stomach. 4-6 pills seems standard with most test boosters.
Side Effects-I did not notice any side effects.

Cost-The cost for this product is $119.99. This is personally too much for my budget, especially for a supplement I don't consider a staple. If your eager to try something new and have lots of extra money, I would say go for it; otherwise leave it be.

Overall-Since I did not have lab tests run, I won't be able to say for sure that his product increased my test. If you're at a plateau or are losing motivation to work out, I could see this product being of immense help. Many times after completing work and doing homework, I wouldn't be crazy about the idea of working out but this product helped me just get it in. Anyone who balances work, kids and school knows how critical this is. The only thing that gets me is the price. While it provided positive effects, they ultimately do not correlate to $120 worth of product. As I mentioned in the ingredients section, the compounds in this product do help you feel good but as far as increasing test I'm not so sure. In the final equation, I would most likely have somebody run multiple compounds that are clinically proven to increase test as opposed to a prop. Blend.

Thanks to SAR - Step Above the Rest for sending it out!
  October 6, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Scientifically Validated
  • Protects Liver
  • A Bit Too Expensive
I had sort of a tough time writing this review, as the results can only be verified through blood tests which I won't be getting for another month or so. I may go off on various tangents, just stay with me, my experience and thoughts should all come full circle in the end. TUDCA is not a supplement you feel working either; but rest assured that it does fulfill its duties in protecting your liver. I have used TUDCA (Tauroursdeoxycholic Acid) many times while cycling hormones that are harsh on the liver. At the end of these cycles, all my liver values are always in range. TUDCA is known as an ambiphillic bile acid and is considered to provide intense liver protection. Humans naturally produce small amounts of TUDCA, although the most is produced by the American black/Asiatic bears. This chemical has studies backing its efficacy and is currently working through the FDA approval process. The primary condition it's used to treat is known as chloestasis or the inhibition of bile leaving the liver (this is most common in steroid users). In addition to helping the liver, TUDCA can also eliminate metabolites from the liver, maintain healthy cholesterol levels, and reverse the negative effects of metabolites in the liver caused by anabolic steroids or prohormones (prohormonereviews.org/TUDCA). It is also approved for treatment of primary biliary cirrhosis (PBC), an autoimmune disease of the liver (which causes chloestasis). Ongoing research shows it could be beneficial for many conditions such as Parkinson's disease, Huntington's disease, strokes, and aid in cardiac function. In addition to the liver, this chemical also has protective effects in the eye, helping the body fight against retinal degenerative disorders (Bile Acids in Treatment of Ocular Disease).

Effectiveness-The only way to tell if this is working would be getting a CBC on your liver values. As mentioned earlier I have done this in the past and they have always been healthy. I did feel healthier quicker after my last cycle; I also had been using TUDCA for twice as long as I usually do. I do sometimes get liver pains on cycle but TUDCA seemed to significantly reduce their frequency and severity. It also gave me peace of mind that on some level I was helping my body fight some of the semi-hazardous material it was taking in. Animal bile has been used in Chinese Medicine for hundreds of years to treat illnesses. This also gave me solace knowing oriental citizens have the longest life expectancy so they must know something about liver health.

Dosing/Side Effects-The bottle has a nice, sleek look to it. The company producing it is known as SAR or Step Above The Rest. This product comes with 60 capsules, dosed at 250mg each (30 day supply). The dosing was very simple and easy to handle as it only called for 2 pills a day. The pills were easy to get down and never caused any of that reflux feeling. The amount of TUDCA in this product is standard for the industry. I was very happy to see the only additional ingredients were rice flour and gelatin. I feel way more comfortable buying a product that uses fewer ingredients, and it would naturally be easier on the body as it would not have to break as many things down.

Side Effects-There was absolutely no side effects while taking this; I could not find any information about side effects on the net.

Price-SAR sells TUDCA for $28.99. As many nutritionists and physicians say, 'You can't put a price a good health. With this in mind, the cost doesn't seem as large considering your protecting the liver you will be using for the rest of your life. Prohormone and designer steroids cycles have to be taken 110% seriously, verifying each component of your cycle and doing research to ensure that your body will remain stable throughout the dynamic cycle. Premium Powders sells the exact same product for $35.99, a 7$ increase. Olympus labs has 120 capsules, same dosage for $54.99 which equates to a slightly less expensive amount than SAR would cost for two bottles (SAR 28.99 x 2 = 57.98 vs. Olympus $54.99). Brawn TUDCA raw powder retails at $58.99; a price that is considerably higher than what you get from a capped pill when you analyze the numbers. The total amount of TUDCA (will abbreviate to T ocassionaly) in SAR's product is 15 grams ($29) compared to 25 grams for $59); buying two of SAR's T, equaling 30 grams would cost $58. One can clearly see that SAR is the winner, providing 5 more grams of T for a dollar less than it's bulk competitor. Other competitors do put titanium dioxide and magnesium state in their TUDCA, making it worth it to pay the extra couple bucks for SAR's basic additives/filler profile. I would not buy this though as you have other products with a full profile designed (at clinical doses) to support organ health; as opposed to a purchasing a single chemical (TUDCA) at nearly the same price ($1 difference). I'm not exactly sure why they would market it this high, I suppose they are following the industry standard. Here's a tip SAR, you have many products consumers want are willing to pay for quality, why not try and shake up the industry by creating slightly more reasonable prices. Also, you (SAR) could sell the product as pure powder which few companies do; relinquishing the hassle of buying/labeling bottles, printing information on supplement and you would be saving on overhead cost (something you could pass back to the consumer). After this last run, and after reviewing liver panels from a few cycles back I knew it would be a staple; I believe the liver should still remain supported by supplementation through PCT and then LIV-52 year round if you're planning to continue cycling.

Overall-As I stated in the first couple paragraphs, when I use TUDCA while on cycles (even with harsher compounds), my liver values are where they should be every single time. I would not attribute all of that solely to the TUDCA, as I was consuming gallons of water, and eating lots of fruits/vegetables to help detoxify my system. I like the company having very few additives and fillers in their product, this is a huge plus for me and demonstrates respect for the consumers well being. If anything this product provided me with peace of minds that you could attach no monetary value too. In the final equation, I would buy this if it was the only available TUDCA supplement or if I used a lot of gear. When you have companies making products that contain everything, and are priced reasonably it's hard to beat that; that being the main contributing factor as to why I would not use SAR TUDCA again. The benefits are amazing, and it's a very interesting compound but why pay $28 for something with 1 ingredient when you can pay $30 for 10 fully dosed ingredients. (most all are scientifically validated). I would recommend to SAR to throw in some CoQ10 or Ubiquinol (bio-active CoQ10) as this would allow them to feel healthier, have more energy, bring antioxidant properties, and be able to think clearly even under stress. Getting some SAM-E on board would be excellent also, as it battles depression (helping with mood swings on cycle) and it also protects the liver well. I do like companies that come out with simple products with no prop blends, fillers, and they don't label their product with outrageous claims. SAR seems to be going in the right direction; TUDCA has worked for me many times in the past so I have no reason to believe it did not help my liver recover this time. I will include additional studies in the comments as this is difficult type of supplement to tell you about perceived benefits. Thank you SAR for giving me the chance to try and review this.

Overall
Thanks to Magnum Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
  September 29, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Endurance
  • Intense Focus
  • True One-Scooper
  • Very Pricey
  • Some Underdosed Ingredients
  • Odd Consistency
I was initially drawn to try this as it had a relatively basic profile, compared to other PWO's that are packed with stimulants. I barely use PWO's anymore, but with a name like limitless I had to see what this was about. The reviews on this were superb so that got me even more psyched to give it a go.

Effectiveness-Limitless definitely got me going when I needed a boost. I had some really great workouts in the gym; the absence of a stimulant tolerance most likely contributed to this also. I would go in expecting to only throw down 30 or so minutes and after this kicked in, I would always have the energy to stay longer. The various types of creatine in this made for excellent endurance and a solid pump that stayed the duration of the workout. When doing cardio, I was so insanely focused the time just flew by. I am definitely going to re-consider buying a PWO after using this product. Not necessarily a commercial but will likely formulate my own. This stuff had me going though, I felt stoked as I was always more than satisfied with my workout. There were days when I wasn't exactly feeling the vibes at the gym, felt anxious and weird; decided to take a small scoop of limitless. It gave me more than enough energy to power through that work out, I mean literally power through. I was just about crushing some of cardio personal records. My back was soaked in sweat, along with my front, and the beads dripped of my hair as I kicked up the speed higher and higher. I felt freaking invincible though, to the point that I had to tell myself, "alright brother, you have done enough. You seriously need to go relax now." This was amazing although some times I took it too far and ended up with a minor stomach ache. These stomach aches are relatively typical with PWO's as they can cause action in your G.I. tract. I did start having a lite meal a few hours before I took, usually two protein bars and a carb source; supplementing these two things made the feeling a lot smoother, slightly increased duration, and if the eating steadily continued the 'comedown' was easily bearable.

Taste/Profile-I did not particularly like the Black Cherry flavor, although I mixed it with Triple X Vitamin water and it tasted a little better. Fruit also masks the chemical taste, and works with Limitless in Synergy to give you a the P-90X of cardiovascular workouts. It tasted like it had a ton of artificial colors in it, and I do not like artificial stuff. I'm not even sure why they had to include all the flavors outside of the power having a certain color. I do not like sucralose either, just not a fan of artificial sugar or anything. I was glad to see such a great creatine profile, which appeared to be adequately dosed. This would have been better if the ingredients were fully disclosed. GABA and L-tyrosine are welcomed additions as I'm sure they helped me from getting over stimulated at times, maintaining a balanced amount of energy/focus.

Dosing-One scoop always got me where I needed to be, and on days where I had already had coffee/alternate stimulant, 2/3 scoop got me by. I gave my girlfriend of a scoop and it kept her going for 5 and hours at work. She works as a Certified Nurses Assistant so there is a lot of lifting and walking around, she said this "PWO had me feeling like I was on speed, but it felt good though."

Value-This is priced at $39.99 for 20 servings, which is definitely more than most. Limitless is a quality PWO, as always with supplements you get what you pay for. If I was not paying for full time school, I would get this again. I'm pretty sure the SR rep from Magnum (Matt) said they were going to increasing the number of servings in just a few months, and that these first bottles were a trial run to see how people liked it.

Overall-Limitless is worth a try for sure. People were recognizing my growth and gains, this is always a good thing. I have seen some of Magnum Nutraceuticals other products are they all have solid profiles. I felt great in the gym on this stuff, and I don't think there is a whole lot I would change about it either. I would really like to see the food coloring, and additional not entirely necessary additives to go away. The flavor could use some improvement; a non-flavored PWO would be really nice if that was possible although due to the tartness of the chemicals I'm sure it's not. After this, I'm definitely excited to try out some of Magnum's other products. A lot of details about this PWO and there other products remind me of Cellucor. Cellucor had amazing products, good customer service; I like to see companies like Cellucor, who are really trying to raise the bar rather than follow the status quo. You have to respect that in the business world. Magnum please get rid of the prop blend, if that wasn't there I'm sure they would be flying off the shelf just as Pre-Jym did. I understand it's a wonderful supplement so you want to protect it but in the final equation, a company doesn't even need to have the exact amount of chemicals in a given product, it can all be accurately determined with quite a bit of math. This was shown when Hydroxy-Elite came out with 1,3 after Oxy Eite Pro had been banned. I truly believe this product can shine with just a few minor tweaks. I had some insanely good workouts with this stuff. Did not experience any major stomach discomfort (minor was there on occasion), no headaches, no comedown (if good food consumed), and the best part is I was lifting with great form, breaking PR records, and feeling like Bradley Cooper.

Thanks to Muscle Pharm for sending it out!
  September 24, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Some Pump
  • Spicy
I have tried many different creatine products in my bodybuilding days and always enjoy them. My favorite would have to be Con-Cret, capsule form. I have recently been using straight up creatine-mono due to convenience and price. I consider creatine a definite staple considering it is one of the few sports supplements with solid science behind it.

Effectiveness-As with all creatine products, there is a noticeable difference while taking it. It's nice that is doesn't have a loading phase and also has a 500mg of arginine/bioperine (spicing things up a little bit). I seem to feel better in general as I know creatine has a direct relationship with ATP production (and ATP is one of the primary components responsible for manufacturing the body's energy). My muscles are always way fuller and you build muscle way easier. This product functions great as pre-workout, and also works well if you there is heavy labor at your job. Creatine products are straight magic to me in the sense that I can be there cranking out pushups, then take a scoop of creatine and get the exact boost I need with no stimulants involved. Creatine black really helped in the endurance department.This product did seem more effective than creatine monohydrate alone, for what it's worth.
Side Effects-There were no noticeable negative side effects. I know creatine in the past has given me headaches at times, so I would recommend increasing your water intake. That goes without saying, as your water intake should be solid with any creatine product.

Ingredient Profile-This product had 3 grams of creatine monohydrate and 2 grams of creatine HCL. Creatine monohydrate has been in the bodybuilding scene for a while now and as previously mentioned has a ton of science behind it. Out of all the new supplements coming out, creatine is always one you can expect results from. I did seem to get slightly fuller, and feel a tiny bit better on con-cret. Initially I read a lot of anecdotal evidence on the forums relating to creatine hydrochloride (HCL) being superior to monohydrate so I was excited to try the blend. Many people saw it's effective in smaller doses so you don't get as much water retention and that's obviously less powder/capsules you have to get down. I think it's worth a try for any creatine fanatics. I don't like the artificial colors used, I like to keep it as natural and clean as possible in the supplements I buy. There's also 500mg of arginine which definitely helps with pump if taken PWO or vascularity if taken throughout the day. The other reviewers have gone in detail about the 2 additional ingredients glycine and niagen so I will leave those be for now. Bioperine is always welcomed in a bodybuilding supplement as it helps transport the chemicals where they need to go faster and more efficiently.
Price-The price is anywhere from $18 to $30 depending on the site. I would most likely stick with monohydrate just because this product is a step above, although I can get creatine mono (dymatize) for $9.99 all day at the vitamin shoppe or even HEB. After I'm back on the creatine mono for a month I will be able to truly evaluate this one. If I had extra money to burn.

Taste-The creatine black I got was flavored Blue Raspberry. I really prefer non-flavored creatine although the taste wasn't terrible. I use to mix the creatine mono with my coffee as it did not have much flavor and this was very convenient. I'm not saying this is a deal breaker but I'm not entirely sure why they had to add flavor and less creatine HCL has that chemical taste. It did mix very easily with only a few strokes of spoon.

Overall-This is definitely an above the bar creatine supplement. As stated previously I did enjoy it more than monohydrate alone. I'm not how necessary it is to reinvent the wheel but for us creatine freaks it provides entertainment/a new experience. I got complemented by some extremely sexy women about how my body was changing. I don't attribute this all to the creatine but I know it definitely played a role. I'm always stoked to try a new creatine but I can't say I would buy this one unless it was the only one available. The results were better than monohydrate but, mono is so cheap and so easily available making it my current preferred supplement for this category. I again want to thank Muscle Pharm for a chance to try out there products. Maybe they can try a creatine mono and Kre-alkayln next time, that would be interesting if they are going the route of creatine blends or ever looking to reformulate. Solid product though, will help with gains/endurance, muscle fullness, you can't hate the creatine! A little more arginine could have really helped as well.

Thanks to PharmaFreak for sending it out!
  September 16, 2015

• Some Profiles May Be Underdosed
  • Unnecessary Dyes And Additives To Pills
Vita-Freak Multi-Vitamin Review
Vita-Freak Multi-Vitamin Review
Thank you to the Troop program and company for providing a full tub of Vita Freak to try out. I was stoked when I saw a multi-vitamin pack as I like the idea of how it easy it is to take on the go, and had good results with Animal Pak (multi-vitamin and test booster). When I saw the profile I was not too impressed and some of the ingredients did appear to be under dosed. I'm really not sure why the made prop blends and hide the amount of ingredients when there are literally one or two ingredients per prop blend. I did like that they talk about the strict manufacturing that they abide by, that is always great to hear in a non-regulated industry. With a multi-vitamin, a prop blend isn't necessarily abnormal especially when the company has packed in tons of micro-nutrients, although the sheer number of micros kind of excuses the prop blend (in a way). I was too sure what exactly too expect as my child's frozen gummy vitamin only had a few less ingredients than this; it turned out to be an okay experience.

Effectiveness-I always can tell a difference when I am supplementing with a multi and can definitely see a drop in functioning when I go off them. This product did give me a moderate boost in energy and helped me feel better throughout the day. I have been eating more fruits/vegetables so I wasn't extremely concerned that I was meeting necessary micro-nutrients with this one, as I have been in the past. Overall, this product did help to kind of get me going and keep me going (kind of). I don't think it's really going to be a huge difference upon discontinuing, except that I will feel good to be back on something complete (opti-men).

Dosing-I stated at the beginning that I like the idea of the pack. Although after reviewing the ingredient label it seems this product could have easily been done in less than 7 pills; as most of the competitors push way more material in there products. This company does look like it only sells 'packs' so it's understandable why they stretched the ingredients but it would most likely sell better if it was less pills/more packed with good stuff (phyto-nutrients). I took 4 pills after breakfast, then 3 pills after lunch, and never had an issue with this. The pills are easy to get down and do not create any type of reflux if you decide to take say more than 4 at a time. This could be indication of the higher quality manufacturing process.

Profile-The profile was okay, really nothing special. The price on these is steeper than most multi-vitamins, so one would definitely expect more. The profile in no way justifies the price. If this company let go of the prop blend, displayed full quantities of ingredients it could be huge for them IMO. They have the manufacturing down; have gotten positive support for most of their products; just a few things to take into consideration. I would have like to see more antioxidants although they are not entirely necessary in a multi-vitamin they would provide a feeling of well being.
Value-The cost is definitely not justified. The consumer may feel like they are getting a legit deal, with a multi-colored pack of vitamins although the number of ingredient does not justify the price. I would not buy this even if I had extra money to spend for that reason. It worked just did not blow my socks off,

Overall this multi-vitamin did give me small boost throughout the day. It would have been nicer if it was a few less pills although things worked out okay. If the company would be willing to disclose the ingredients as well as upping the dosage of b-vitamins to give it more a kick, it could be a force to be reckoned with. I enjoyed the small boost it gave me although due to the financial factor I could not recommend it; as the price does not correlate to an amazing profile. It could have been done in less pills with less fillers, bottom line.

Thanks to Primeval Labs for sending it out!
  September 16, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lean Muscle Retainment
  • Wanted Additional Natural Test Boosting Compounds.
This first part is an introduction into Post Cycle Therapy (PCT); as one need to understand what exactly it entails to get the most out of this detailed review. If you already know all about it, you can skip down to where I have put multiple asterisks indicating the start of the review. Thanks for bearing with me, I promise it will be worth it. J_ Just so you all know, at the bottom of my labs my doctor wrote "ALL GOOD"! Made me feel on top of the world! Those who have gone through all the cycle/post cycle prep will know what I mean :)

First of all I want to thank Primeval Labs for the opp...

First of all I want to thank Primeval Labs for the opportunity to run this product; and also thank them for the many contributions they have made to the SR trooper program. I have ran their Super LGD (LGD-4033) and Super Osta (Ostarine) with excellent results. This PCT protocol will be following both cycles. I'm nervous going into PCT as usual; just being anxious about hanging on to this size/strength. The reality is that it's nearly impossible to hang on to size, as this is why competitive bodybuilders use AAS year round (only sure way to maintain gains made while on). Post cycle therapy is necessary after cycles with compounds (anabolic steroids/SARMS) that cause fluctuations in the hormone balance; PCT is designed to return your body to reinstate its natural test production which is typically shutdown when an exogenous hormone is ingested. It's important for to remember, that for every action there's an equal and opposite reaction. With increased testosterone, the body will produce excess estrogen to reach a balance. Consequently causing unwanted side effects (breast growth, mood swings, water retention). When the natural test production is shut down, all the additional estrogen goes to work in the body without the body being able to raise its test to protect itself. This creates the conditions necessary for someone to use additional supplements after the cycle is completed to help their body recover. This is pertinent information; as MEGA PCT will help you with some aspects of recovery, there is additional supplements needed to allow the body to fully recover. So just know, that I'm on Mega PCT along with these two additional components; this will be important for the reader to think about when gauging my perception of the product's effectiveness. During PCT, your body is releasing catabolic hormones as it was initially flooded with anabolic hormones. Your body is battling to keep the gains it has (muscle tissue), while attempting to maintain its anabolic/catabolic (muscle depleting state) balance. Steroids block the receptor in muscle tissue that takes it cortisol (primary chemical responsible for body's catabolic state). With all the new science/test boosters being released, I'm always super interested in the newest natural test boosters/post cycle therapy products. To stop this from occurring the body creates more receptor sites for cortisol and these are the sites that negatively affect the gains you made during PCT. Side note: I take holy basil year round for cortisol control (this relates to stress ); PCT can be a stressful time. Luckily MEGA PCT, contains arimistane which is known to help suppress cortisol. B-androstentriol is the main recommended cortisol suprressor recommended to help. This explanation helps bring out the context to make this review more solid. This is the dark side to exogenous hormone use. The hardest part of PCT is dealing losing size/strength. Some of this information was paraphrased from steriodology.com/supplementreviews.com (section on PH PCT). Thanks to the guys who compiled all of this wonderful information!

*This product came at the perfect time; it appeared on the list for Troops a few days before my Super LGD (also from Primeval) cycle was about to end. I would not normally recommend changing PCT protocol at the last minute but this type of supplement wouldn't have disadvantages if it was started a few days late. For my PCT, I will be using Mega PCT along with Clomid, Nolva, Pregnelolone, along with Vitacost Liver Support. At first glance, the profile looked basic and solid. There's no prop blends which is always a huge plus. I then see it's dosed at 3 caps ED, and there's only 60 caps resulting in a 20 day supply (requiring user to buy multiple bottles as PCT lasts 30 days). The bottle and label look sleek and appealing as with all Primeval products. PCT products are generally designed to aid your natural test production and help with well being especially after your body has been pumped with compounds that cause hormone fluctuations. According to Primeval; "Mega PCT provides 5 of the most powerful approved ingredients to revitalize your hormone and enzymes to a safe and healthy level. Stop loss of gains, increase testosterone production, and shield your organs with Mega PCT." An ingredient profile/dosage breakdown will be beneficial in helping truly determine if this product works not only in practice but scientifically. This is not a product by any means that will make or break your recovery in PCT, although it will help you feel a lot better; and hypothetically could help restart natural testosterone production. To the review:

Serving Size 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container 60

Ingredients-
Tribulus 300mg- 300mg x 3 (caps ED) = 900mg. Tribulus Terrestris is an annual plant in the Caltrop Family widely distributed around the world. On Wikipedia, it says 'the extract is claimed to increase the body's natural testosterone production leading to improved male sexual performance and improved muscle mass'. It also cite's it prominent use in PCT therapy among bodybuilders on Wikipedia as well. According to Wikipedia, T. Terrestris has failed to increase testosterone levels and failed to demonstrate strength enhancing properties in controlled studies (3 sources cited). https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribulus_terrestris It's important to note these studies used Tribulus extract, which may not offer the full spectrum of benefits as does the whole plant. This herb does help you feel a heck of a lot better during PCT, I will say that much. In Indian (ayurveda) medicine, it's used to contribute to overall health and act as a diuretic for multiple primary organs. Primeval did not specify whether this was Tribulus extract or not, although the dosing for both extract/standard seem almost identical. I wish this was specified as many bodybuilders take Tribulus religiously, and type of Tribulus is important to them. Tribulus products on the market are dosed from 450mg to 1000mg, so this dosage seems to be on the higher end (which is necessary for a PCT product).

Saw Palmetto 150mg (450mg total)- The average doses for saw palmetto (herb) products ranged from 320mg to 540mg (although there is no current standard dosage); making this an adequate dose. Researchers in studies used 160mg or 320mg taken once daily. Saw palmetto is considered the gold standard, in natural prostate support. It has been used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH); although the studies say there is no evidence to support that it could be used as a treatment or preventative for BPH (interesting side note). It hasn't been medically used for any other purposes outside prostate cancer; atleast I could not find any. I have seen it almost every PCT and organ support product I have ever taken.

Tonkgat Ali 75mg (225mg total)- As it relates to the desired effects; this plant is used for its aphrodisiac properties. This could be beneficial during PCT as you want that libido to come back as soon as possible. I have used other products with this such as Super Male Vitality from GHC and had good results. According to WebMD, one specific Tonkgat Ali supplement may have a role in boosting sperm quality (8th source on Wikipedia). Not to many companies, sell this compound by itself (extract version); although the one's who do dose it around 80mg (taken twice daily, 160mg total). Considering this is 65mg more than that, and the plant itself (containing the full spectrum of benefits) this dose should hypothetically be sufficient.

Arimistane 50mg (150mg total)- Arimistane is a 7-keto DHEA metabolite, that has been shown to have anti-aromotase properties (in vitro) in studies. Anecdotal reports have confirmed this reporting painful joints, which in this case would be a sign of less circulating estrogen (desired effect, 'drying out'). The usual dosage, in most products is 50-100mg so this dose is absolutely sufficient. This from Patrick Arnold over at Prohormone Forum.com: "The whole families of 7-oxygenated dhea metabolites are fascinating compounds, for many reasons other than aromatase inhibition. The compound under discussion here is not a major metabolite though, and so it's very unlikely you could achieve therapeutic drug levels in your body by ingesting any reasonable amount of 7-keto" This theory has not been proven scientifically, but interesting speculation nonetheless.

Ostarine 450mg (1350mg total) -I was very perplexed as to why they included Ostarine in Mega PCT. The HPTA shutdown with Ostarine as with other SARMS appears to be dose dependent; so I'm thinking with a dose this low they think you would be able to reap the benefits of helping produce more testosterone/help maintain muscle mass, but be where in the range of where you could experience anything negative. For Ostarine cycles, doses are usually between 12.5mg-30mg; just to give you some perspective on where this does falls. I have actually seen a few PCT products with 10mg of Ostarine in them; primeval seems to be following (or setting) the trend). I would have much rather see a compound like D-Aspartic acid, as there is still not enough not about Ostarine regarding it's exactly how toxic it is and to what degree it shuts you down/at what dose the shutdown begins happening.

Dosing-Mega PCT is supposed to be taken 4-6 hours apart, 3 pills a day (not bad). This dosing is simple and straight forward. I took the first two pills after my 2nd meal at 10:00 AM, and the 3rd pill at 2:00PM.

Effectiveness-It's literally impossible to determine this product's effectiveness when following a full PCT regimen. This is a bummer as I really liked the product and respect Primeval Labs. The reason for this is, I am running Nolva and Clomid (Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators). Both of these greatly aid in testosterone production. Nolva also has liver toxic properties, which could possibly distort the protective properties of this product (and decrease IGF-1). For that reason, I will just talk about what I noticed from the product; and will include information about my blood tests for those interested. I will say HCG, makes the process a lot easier; in my opinion, it's necessary for every cycle where the HPTA will be suppressed. There's really no reason not to use it, as it decreases the stress on your body while attempting to maintain a hormonal balance and helps alleviate testicular atrophy. This product did give me more energy and drive; during a tough time. Clomid had me super emotional for a few days, before I started taking this; I was definitely able to be more patient with my child and wife. This doesn't sound like a typical effect from a PCT product, but it's more likely due to how it made me feel better in general. I felt like I could think better, and wanted to continue training/eating good. I still had my ups and downs; although your expectations need to be modified with a product such as this. PCT is such a roller coaster time, that if a product can help me get through a normal day of training, working, house chores, being a Dad; that poo works! Primeval should not make the claim that this product can help you keep gains from a cycle. It does have a cortisol suppressor, which hypothetically would help; although ultimately continuing training/diet, proper ancillaries (nolva/Clomid) are what is responsible for maintaining gains. It's difficult to say I felt more pumped in the gym as a result of this because it's not necessarily supported by the literature although after taking this product for some period of time, I could get a minor 'alpha male' feeling. Again this was just a feeling of well being, which to those who have cycled is more than welcomed thing during PCT hah! This is how I can correlate better responses to my daughter and wife toward this product; as if your feeling better, theoretically, you should be responding more effectively to negative stimuli.

Ingredients Overall-Ultimately I was not able to locate science that validated any of the claims located on this product; so it's difficult than to say that it truly had an effect where I needed it (on my test/reduced estrogen). I'm really going to the draw the line for primeval here. A young bodybuilder who doesn't know a lot about drugs, pct regimens and supplmentation in general would run another one of their SARM products Super LGD or Super Ostarine and buy this product, see the claims and get the idea that this product has sufficient chemicals to provide for someone's recovery (post cycle). I contacted Primeval Labs prior to the review asking them to show me the science behind this product so I could strengthen my review. I did not receive any information back. I'm more coming from a place of heart, if you will, when I say that primeval should potentially modify the claims on this product and make them slightly more realistic/scientifically based.
Side Effects-I did notice an increase in vascularity and an overall dryer look. As far as negative side effects, I did have some mood swings and was quicker to get angry at small things; although this is typically expected when your hormones are reaching a balance. The Tribulus did help with the mood swings, and the product overall helped to keep me on more of an even keel throughout the PCT. My libido did come back, and it was a serious uptick in the intensity of it. Some of the ingredients located in this product, do have sexually stimulating effects so I could attribute this feeling to those particular ingredients. They are important to add in a PCT product as they could hypothetically help you regain that confidence in the bedroom after shutdown, and not to mention how tough it is when you can't please your women. I did also use some of the slidenafil citrate, that I mentioned while taking LGD-4033; this had the same amount of effectiveness if not more so during PCT. I would have liked to see D-Aspartic Acid, 6grams or so as research indicates you need twice as much as initially thought to truly gained the desired effect of increased testosterone production. Other than that, I would run the product again; luckily I was able to get a product through troops that contained D-AA so everything fell into place in exactly the time I needed it too.

Maintaining Strength-My strength stayed the same, I did lose some size although that's expected considering the only way to maintain all of your gains is to stay on cycle for good. Ultimately it takes more than a month to determine if your strength and size will remain for good. A lot of recent information I have read indicates that it actually takes a for some portion (multiple months) of the gains/strength to come off. I will be running another cycle in about 2 weeks as that will be meet the recommended 6 weeks off (set by Primeval). The cool thing about SARMS was that the PCT was significantly easier than with PH/DS. As mentioned before I did have mood swings, and a little aggression but it's all expected. It's all about; for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. You need to have those words set in your heart before you embark into the dark side of bodybuilding. As transformative as everything was, doing the proper research/supplementation, using a solid PCT product such as this really made everything come full circle.

Dosing-I took one pill 3 times daily; that being the recommended dosage protocol. I suppose you could get by with taking 2 pills for 30 days, instead of 3 for 20 but considering I had additional support supplements on hand I just wanted to blast this as hard as possible. The other supplement I have on hand is a natural test booster which contains DAA, stinging nettle, and a few other potent documented test boosters. I found no issue taking one pill 3 times a day spaced 6-8 hours apart. One pill upon waking, one around noon, and then one around 5; as some nights it did seem to give me a minor boost.

Price-$35 isn't necessarily bad for the product. Although I would have liked to see DAA and stinging nettle (3,4 divanily) through in to really make it a top shelf product. I did enjoy the run but I'm not entirely sure I would buy it again considering it doesn't have D-AA which I usually consider a staple during PCT as it is scientifically supported. 3,4 divanilytetrahydrofuran has also provided some amazing results by itself so it shines just as much during post cycle therapy. The ingredient profile is mostly solid although I see more of a $19-$30 price range just to keep it competitive although I understand primeval labs is an up and coming company.

Overall this product did seem to help me feel better during the PCT process. I could not find scientific evidence to substantiate the claims listed on the bottle, as a result I think they are farfetched. Not to say this isn't a solid product, primeval should just consider making the claims slightly more realistic and based on science. If I knew nothing except what I needed to happen to my endocrine system during PCT, and I looked at a bottle of Mega PCT, it could possibly lead one to think that it would be sufficient for PCT (used alone); this is not the case. More intensive ancillaries supplements are necessary for harsher SARM compounds such as S4 and some have a rough time on Ostarine requiring a pharmaceutical PCT. I felt like the Tribulus got me back to my confident self, which can be correlated to a boost in testosterone. The arimistane kept me vascular which is something I loved during my cycles so it was nice for that to continue. I did lose a significant amount of size but that's no doubt expected. I was able to keep the majority of my strength. It's a tough trade off, keeping strength, losing size although that's one of the nasty truths about the dark side of bodybuilding (and what it truly takes to maintain size gained on cycle). The Ostarine may have also played a role in helping me restart and aiding in my feeling of well being. The tongkat ali also helped my sex drive and along with my other PCT ancillaries it had me beast mode in no time. My lab showed my testosterone at 700 which is considered excellent, I'm not entirely sure how much this product contributed but nonetheless
I have to give it some credit. All of my liver values were fine although I didn't expect them to be too out of whack anyway. I would have gotten additional information tested but for the sake of cost and not making the doctor curious about why I wanted so many specific hormone test I just asked for the basics. Mega PCT helped me get through a typically tough time and I'm still feeling stronger than ever. I'm still almost as strong as I was during cycle although all that wonderful endurance and vascularity/definition has faded to some degree. My hemoglobin was at 16.2, my serum iron was high, a completely normal CBC. After putting your body through 3 months of intense hormone supplementation is truly an amazing thing. That plant based diet I had to run during cycle as well as implementing certain portions of if in PCT also played a role I'm sure of it. All things considered I had a good long run with multiple SARMS, gained significant strength, and will labs done am glad to be back from the dark side relatively unscathed.