stregs

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+27)
  • Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online 6 months ago

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Product
  • Strength Increase

I got a 2.2lb (1000g) tub of this from a friend a while back. I'd never used a pure Creatine supplement before this, but had always been interested in incorporating it into my routine. I had used a preworkout and a post workout protein blend that both had some Creatine in them, but this was my first pure Creatine supplement.

1 serving size: 5g of 100% Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure)

1 serving size: 5g of 100% Micronized Creatine Monohydrate (Creapure)

Creapure is a form of Creatine Monohydrate that is considered to be the purest and finest quality of Creatine Monohydrate on the market today. So seeing that is very good.

Micronized means that the creatine molecules have been divided or cut up, helping to increase surface area and therefore absorbtion compared to regular creatine monohydrate, leading to better possible results.

No other fillers, just good, plain old Creatine Monohydrate.

There wasn't any foul taste with using this product. It didn't really taste like anything. I often would mix this with just water post workout in a cup and use a spoon to stir. This method for mixing wasn't too effective. After mixing it fast with the spoon I would have to drink it quick otherwise it would settle down at the bottom. I found it mixed much better in a shaker bottle. It was hard to tell how it mixed when I combined it with milk or protein powder, but I didn't see any at the bottom of the cup so I took that as a good sign.

For dosing, I stuck to one serving of 5g a day. I didn't do a loading phase, and frankly, I found that some people think that a loading phase isn't necessary anymore. I was also worried about retaining water weight too, and being that this was my first time using creatine, I just decided to stick to 5g a day. Occasionally I missed a day, and sometimes I wouldn't use it on rest days from the gym. I also did not cycle this supplement, and continued with 5g a day.

----Effectiveness--
    I had decent results from using this. I do believe it aided in my strength gains in the gym and helped out with my recovery. It wasn't an enormous impact, but a solid one and I am positive it helped me with my strength gains. It's hard to tell whether not doing a loading phase and cycling impacted the effectiveness of this product for me as I didn't try that out. As I said, I only stuck to 5g a day. I did not have any weight gains from increased water retention. I used this product for several months and did not gain any weight while taking it, however my strength and the amount of weight I could lift did go up. I also did not notice any decrease or noticeable difference on days when I missed a dosing or went several days without taking a dosing.

As I said, I got a 2.2 lb (1000g) tub from a friend. The bigger size you get, the better value you will get. Online, the cheapest available for a 2.2 lb (1000g) tub is at AllStarHealth for $19.39. However, that does not include the $5.95 shipping cost. Amazon also sells this for $23.75 and that is with Prime shipping.

For the amount of servings you get in a tub of that size, this is a great value and will last you several months.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a great Creatine Monohydrate product as it is Micronized and uses Creapure. It's extremely pure and is a very good value. I had decent results and would buy this product again. There are several different types of creatine available, with many involving a molecule being attached to the creatine to help with absorbtion. Whether it helps or not, it will be much more expensive compared to Creatine Monohydrate. Being that this was my first pure creatine supplement, I do not know how this product compares to other similar or different creatine products. I enjoyed the results I got from this product and found the value to be worth it. I recommend this product for someone looking for a solid creatine supplement.

February 26, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Tastes Great
    • Good For Bulking Or For Meal Replacements
    • Awesome With Milk!

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)

(About yourself, 1-3 sentences maximum)
      I found out about SR from an online search a while ago when I was trying to find an unbiased, reliable website with reviews on different supplements so I could pick the right supplement for me. I am writing this review because I am a frequent lurker on this website, yet have never contributed, and would like to share my knowledge and experiences with others on here and help the SR community grow! My current fitness goals are to put on lean muscle mass and get stronger. Not really focusing on a bulk, but would like to see the scale go up some as my lifts go up. I plan on reviewing other protein powders, preworkouts, a creatine supp I'm currently taking, protein bars, and a multivitamin.

Serving size: 1 scoop (35g)
      Calories: 150
      Total Fat: 6g
      Saturated Fat: 2g
      Total carbs: 9g
      Sugars: 2g
      Protein: 16g

The protein blend they use is listed under the ingredients as : Protein Blend (Calcium Sodium Caseinate, Milk Protein Isolate, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Whey Protein Concentrate, Lactoferrin, L-Glutamine, Taurine).

For what you're paying for, I think this is a solid blend. 16g of protein and 15g of carbs+fat. It's a protein blend, and I would say that they cover that with what they have listed and the macro distribution.

Taste

I had the chocolate flavor of Muscle Milk. I really liked this flavor. It absolutely tastes like chocolate, and when added to milk, I think I'm drinking chocolate milk! It's still great with water as well. No complaints with this category.

Mixability

The mixability of the Muscle Milk is questionable. If you add it to water or milk in a cup and try using a spoon to mix it, you're gonna have big clumps and it won't completely mix. HOWEVER, because I really loved the chocolate taste, I didn't mind the clumping that much because it still tasted great! If you use a blender or shaker bottle, it mixes totally fine and there isn't clumping. So it just matters on how you prefer to mix it.

I used Muscle Milk at different times of days in different amounts depending on several things. I largely used it not only as a post workout protein shake, but also as an additive to my milk or water at meals to help boost my calorie count. So sometimes I would go with 2 scoops post workout, or just 1 scoop to my morning cup of milk in the morning to give me an extra 150 calories. One thing I would caution is that it can be a bit heavy, especially when added to milk. I usually have a tendency to drink it really fast because I love the taste, but if I do that with 2 scoops I feel a little bloated. Better to just not chug it all at once in my opinion.

I thought the Muscle Milk was pretty effective. I think this category is a bit hard to rate since it's hard to tell how much the protein helped in your recovery and muscle building, but I used this as post workout shake and as a supplement for extra calories at meals and put on 70lbs of weight total to my big three (bench, squat, deadlift) so I think it was pretty effective. Again, not sure if I think that's due to the supplement or just the type of program I was following in the gym. As a blend, it acts as it is advertised and seemed to fit my needs.

Muscle Milk can be bought at a great value, more so when you buy larger tubs. A 5lb tub can be bought for around $39, which I think is a great value for a protein blend.

Side Effects

I had slight bloating when consuming 2 scoops very fast.

Conclusion

Overall, I think Muscle Milk is a good buy at a great value. It's a protein blend that is very versatile and can be used not only as a post workout shake but also as an added supplement at meals to help you get your macros or give you more calories. The chocolate flavor is extremely tasty and I would buy this product again.