steelfan10

• Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 3 years ago

Reviews by steelfan10

Overall
Overall
3.0
2.0
  April 17, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Sleep
  • Woke Up Groggy
  • Made Me Feel Depressed The Next Day
  • Way Overdosed
  • Caused Extreme Drowsiness
Well it is about time I pulled my weight here. I have to thank Redefine for letting me test this product, and sending me the cool little sports wristband thats now collecting dust on my table.

Overall, the wristband was probably the highlight of my experience with this company and product. Iv gotta say, Im usually very diplomatic with supplement testing, but this stuff was absolutely terrible.

First off, the flavor of this stuff was garbage. Like gatorade made with urine instead of water. After you get over the taste, you then have to survive the next half hour of feeling like your on pain killers. God forbid you take this and have to take a shower or brush your teeth. The product is so overdosed that it absolutely hits you like a brick wall. So the obvious conclusion to this is to drop the dose. Sure thing, at a half scoop I was still destroyed 20 minutes after taking it. Rarely do you see a product that is this overdosed, which shows the company is trying, but really needs to make due with some reformulation.

Waking up the next day while using this was really a battle. The first time I ever took this, I slept through both of my alarms for an hour. Needless to say my roommate was not very pleased. This stuff was TERRIBLE to adapt to the next day mentally. If you have a test or have to do any sort of thinking, this product will absolutely black you out for a minimum of 3 hours after you wake up.

Overall, their really isnt too much more to say about this product. Definitely needs toned down a bit when it comes to potency. I dont even know how I got through a whole container of this, but I drank my lemon-lime urine every night to make sure nothing changed over the life of my bottle. Overall, this product works, Just way too well. You cant feel confident in a supplement that you have to ask yourself "am I going to wake up tomorrow?" after taking it.

November 9, 2010

• Increased Focus
  • Superman Feeling
  • Awesome Energy
  • Only Need One Scoop
  • Great Endurance
    I very rarely review products, but this is a long time in the making.

I have gone through 1 tub of Muscle Marinade, and will probably never go to another pre-workout for as long as I live. Maybe a little sarcasm, but still this is a very straight-forward product.

Obviously as many know, this product smells like manure-infused vomit, but the taste is actually very good. I got the grape juice, and the taste is very strong but pleasant. Dont mix it with any less than 10 oz's of water though in my opinion though, or the taste is far too overwhelming.

The ingredient profile is also exce...
    I very rarely review products, but this is a long time in the making.

The ingredient profile is also excellent. Finally, a pre-workout with some BCAA's, and one with NO PROPRIETARY BLEND. Thats right, you actually know how much of what your getting with this product. Alot of people moan about their not being any vaso-dialators in this product. You guys should probably pull up your pants and be big boys, as the pump is something you can easily supplement. If the reason that your not buying this product is because it doesn't have any vaso-dialators, then your priorities for a pre-workout are in the wrong place.

The ingredient list is also very extensive, and the stim complex is very strong. 300mg's of caffeine, and 80mg's of 1,3. Compare this to other kings of the pre-workout market such as Jacked. First off, we have no clue how much of anything is in there because its a proprietary blend. But by Assaulting other USP Labs reps on other boards, Iv gotten the ballpark estimate that 3 scoops of Jacked is around 150-250mg's of caffeine, and 25-40mg's of 1,3. If we break down the numbers and the servings, A person that uses 3 scoops of Jacked would roughly only have to use half a scoop of Muscle Marinade, now thats value. Plus you get BCAA's and a more extensive profile that you dont get with Jacked.

As for the time in the gym, well its just about amazing. The focus and energy is out of this world, and I pretty much have a "kill everything I see" type of mindset when Im using this product. I only use about 1/2-3/4th's of a scoop, which means this product lasts me about 2-3 months per bottle.

When I first reviewed Jacked, I gave it all 10's and rightfully so, as it is a great product. But if this product could get 11's, it would. Plus theirs alot of pretty cool Purus Labs reps around that will let you test their products if you pm them and get friendly.

Overall, this is really a superb product, and in my opinion, the best pre-workout on the market right now.

February 22, 2010

• Builds Intense Strength
    • No Pct Required
    • No Unwanted Side Effects
    I have just finished my 10 week cycle of the Asteroid Stack.
    Beginning stats: 5'8 (5'9 on a good day haha) weight: 178Ib BF%: 15.7 (skin calipers)
    End stats: 5'8 (didnt get any taller, damn) weight 185.5Ib BF%: 12.3
    Diet: Clean bulk, not perfect at times though.
    My product run-through:
    I have just finished my 10 week cycle of the Asteroid Stack.
    End stats: 5'8 (didnt get any taller, damn) weight 185.5Ib BF%: 12.3
    Diet: Clean bulk, not perfect at times though.
    My product run-through:
    PowerFULL: At first I was going to run the A stack without PowerFULL because of my age, but I got it for such a great price that I could not resist using it. I only used PowerFULL before bed (2 caps), and used it all 7 days instead of the required 5 days on and 2 days off. I must say that I saw a huge increase in the quality of sleep during the duration of my cycle. 5 hours of sleep felt like 8, and I woke up rested and refreshed everyday. As with most other people, the dreams I had were pretty crazy (think james bond stuff,) but thats just a sign that the supplement is doing its job.
    Prime: Overall, I actually think Prime is the most overrated product in the whole stack. Even though I saw great results, I dont quite know how much Prime truly helped me. In the past I had ran stand-alone cycles of Prime with mixed results, but some of that may be because my diet was not as good as it could have been. I definitely gained strength over my 10 weeks using it (20-30Ibs on compound lifts, 5-15 on isolation exercises), but I do not know how much of this was attributed to the Prime alone. It is also kind of weird that USPlabs has never explained exactly how it worked, but I am not asking any questions. The product worked good for me, but may not be worth the price tag to others.
    Anabolic Pump: This is in my opinion the best product in the whole stack. I am a very carb sensitive person, and Anabolic Pump really did the trick for me. I at one point actually had to bump up my carb dosage because I would start flushing after meals (if you know what I mean). My muscles were harder and denser than ever, and its pretty obvious that my glycogen levels were always good due to the amount of intensity I had in the gym. I attribute some of this to Jack3d (pre workout), but alot of credit goes to Anabolic Pump. I future staple product in any stack.
    Overall: This is a great natural stack for anyone who has the money to blow on it. I will definitely use this in the future, and try to hone in on my diet a little bit better next time. Highly suggested to anyone!!

Overall
    Overall
    1.0
    2.0
    0.0
      January 15, 2010

• Decent Pump
    • No Increased Endurance
    • Tastes Like ???
    • Makes Me Explode Just As Much As The Regular
    Usually I would like to give a nice descriptive review, but there's no need for one on this product. Got a sample pack of it and by just trying it once I can tell its garbage. Got a caffeine buzz that faded just as I got to the gym. Mild pump that was nothing special, just the AAKG. Crashed hard about a half hour later which left me lightheaded and fatigued. Nice job BSN, your almost as good as MuscleTech now.

November 14, 2009

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pump
    • More Intensity In The Workout
    • Fast Absorption
    • Fast Effects Of Product
      I must say at first I was skeptical about eNOXIDE. The product claims seemed a little outrageous if you ask me, that one little pill you put beneath your tongue will give you hours of a good perpetual pump. Plus the price tag was keeping me away, but I decided to give it a shot anyways. To my surprise the GNC that I went to had something called "competitive pricing" which means that all their products are somewhat cheaper than usual. With a gold card discount and the competitive price, the product came up to around 48 bucks or so. Not too bad for something that was regularly 80 bucks . Anyways I have been using this product for a month or so and WOW does it give you an amazing pump. The taste, like others have said, isn't the best. Its like pouring bleach underneath your tongue to be honest, but taste isn't why you take a supplements! Its for the effects, and I could see them every workout. My workouts lasted longer, my strength was up, and I was just more aggresive overall at the gym. The pumps lasted hours, even after I was done with my lift. I only take 1 pill on workout days and it really does the trick. Overall, paying 48 bucks for a 2 month supply of a product that actually works, with no powders or mixing to deal with? Highly recommended if you ask me.

October 6, 2009

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Very Effective
      • Unreal Energy
      • Awesome Price
      • "clean" Feeling Of Energy
        I hate to give 10's across the board, but this product really deserves it. Can really feel the beta-alanine working in this product because of the tingling i get up and down my arms. The energy rush from this is amazing and makes you feel like you can work out all day. The only downside is not much of a pump, but what's a pump when your tearing the weights up? Also with such a low price you cant go wrong. The best pre-workout product iv ever tried hands down