smashley23

• Member has been active for 1 year, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by smashley23

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  February 22, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Pump And Vascularity
  • High Qualtiy

I'm a competing powerlifter and I take supplements for general health and to improve my athletic performance. My supplement staples are pwo, creatine, fish oil, cissus, and curcumin.

Here, we have a single ingredient product from Nutra Bio, agmatine. Agmatine is a metabolite of L-arginine and is often used as a pump enhancer or a glucose disposal agent. It can also alleviate neuropathic pain and may be helpful for cognitive health and treating drug addiction.

It should not be taken with protein as protein can interfere with its absorption. It also should not be taken with yohimbine/rauwolscine.

Each scoop gives us 1g of agmatine, which is a pretty good serving size. It is usually dosed at .5-2g.

This product is unflavored, which makes it easy to add to flavored supplements. Unfortunately, agmatine tastes terrible. It has a strong, bitter taste which sometimes cuts through the flavored products I add to it.

It dissolved fine in a shaker cup.

I used 1 scoop at a time. On workout days, I would add it to my pre workout. On my off days, I would take it before a high carb meal.

I've always responded well to agmatine, so my expectations were pretty high.

With this product, I experienced better pumps and improved vascularity during my workouts. In particular, I noticed increased fullness in my shoulders on pressing days, and I was able to see my shoulder veins, which is new to me. I'm not very lean, so I don't expect much in terms of vascularity. Given the results I received, I would expect agmatine to work even better for leaner lifters.

Unfortunately, I did not find agmatine to be an effective GDA. I didn't notice any benefit to taking before high carb meals (e.g. reduced bloating, reduced blood sugar), and I would not recommend using it as a stand alone GDA. It may be beneficial, however, used alongside a comprehensive GDA product (or alongside other bulk ingredients).

1 tub is $33 and has 90g, which gives us $.37/serving. I think this price is pretty reasonable. Other agmatine powder products ranged from $.32/serving to $.53/serving, so there are cheaper options, but Nutra Bio is cheaper than many.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I like agmatine and I would recommend it to anyone who wants improved pumps and vascularity. I would, though, suggest you have a strong tasting product to mix it into (or put it into gel caps). The taste is blech!

February 12, 2018

• Faster Recovery

I'm a competing powerlifter. Right now, I'm cutting a few vanity pounds, so I can afford to bulk for as long as possible. I train 5 days a week and do a mix of heavy compounds with lighter accessories. I had been eyeing mTOR PRO for some time, and decided to get a tub two months ago when bb.com was having a clearance sale.

mTOR PRO is an intra workout product from Myokem. In one scoop (13.7g), we have over 10g of EAAs. The composition is:

Instantized BCAAs (2.5g leucine, 1.25g isoluceine, 1.25g valine)
    Time Released Leucine 3g (Active-TR)...

Instantized BCAAs (2.5g leucine, 1.25g isoluceine, 1.25g valine)
    Time Released Leucine 3g (Active-TR)
    Lysine 938mg
    Threonine 685mg
    Phenylalanine 310mg
    Tyrosine 292mg
    Histidine 175mg
    Methionine 100mg

EAAs are essential amino acids. The body cannot make them so we must get them from our diet. EAAs are better at stimulating muscle protein synthesis than using just BCAAs, so they are preferable, but they are more expensive. 10g EAAs is an effective dose.

There's also 50mg astra gin to improve the absorbability of the other ingredients.

For hydration, we have electrolytes:
    Potassium gluconate 150mg
    Sodium Chloride 75mg
    and Taurine 1g

I got the mango lemonade and it tastes pretty okay, 7.5. It's a bit light in terms of flavor (especially if I fill one of my larger shakers), but the taste is pleasant, not too sweet, nothing bitter or off.

The mixability is pretty good. There's a bit of sediment on the shaker, but it's not clumpy or anything.

I dosed 1 scoop at a time.

I was hoping to see two things with this product, improved muscle recovery and improved hydration. mTOR PRO hit the mark on both fronts, 9/10.

With this product, I have been able to reduce my rest times between sets, allowing me to do more sets each workout. I have also been able to add weight to my workouts each week. In other words, my productivity is sky high right now.

I've also noticed that I'm less thirsty during my workouts. I used to finish my shaker and then have to go to the water fountain for more water.

With mTOR, however, I'm fine with just my shaker.

I only paid half price for my tub ($17), so for me, the value was fantastic. Right now, you can get it on amazon for $30, which I think is a pretty fair deal.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This was my first Myokem product, and it rocked. They are definitely a brand to look out for.

February 4, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Focus
    • Great Formula

I like nootropics as they are pretty versatile. Sometimes, I use them pre-workout. Other times, I'll take them before working, or studying

BrainBridge is an open-label product. One scoop (6.15g) gives us:

Sceletium tortuosum Extract 80mg- This is an herb from South Africa. It may help with lowering anxiety.

Coleus Forskohlii 95% 7mg- This is an herb often used as a natural testosterone booster. It may help with reducing fatigue

BrainBridge is an open-label product. One scoop (6.15g) gives us:

ALCAR 750mg- This is a form of L-carnitine, and is often used as a focus ingredient. It's usually dosed from 500mg-2g.

Alpha GPC 600mg- This is a cholinergic. It is used for cognitive enhancement and to improve power output. 600mg is the dose required for improved athletic performance.

L-Phenylalanine 500mg- This amino acid is a pre cursor to L-tyrosine. It can help with memory, energy, and countering symptoms of depressions.

NALT 250mg- This is a modified form of tyrosine and intended to improve absorption.

Bacopa Monniera Leaf 10:1 Extract 150mg- This herb is known for its cognitive benefits. It can reduce anxiety and improve memory.

SerinAid (PS) 100mg- This is a trademarked form of PhosphatidylSerine, which can help with memory, concentration, and focus.

AstraGin 50mg- This trademarked compound can improve the absorbability of other supplements.

Huperzine A 200mcg- This is a cognitive enhancer. It's considered a cholinergic and can be used to fight cognitive decline in the elderly.

Green Coffee Bean Extract 125mg (122.5mg caffeine)

L-Theanine 200mg- This amino acid can help take the edge off caffeine.

Teacrine 100mg- This is a stimulant, similar to caffeine, but it is weaker and has a longer half life. 100mg is a good dose.

Lutein 20mg- Luein and Zeaxanthin are both used to protect the eye from damage.

Zeaxanthin 2mg

Brainbridge comes in one flavor, Sour Nukes. It's a sour cherry flavor. I thought it was passable, 6.5/10, but I didn't find it good. It also has a bitter finish at the end, possibly the teacrine.

The mixability is decent, 7.5/10. It leaves some sediment on the bottom when I use a shaker.

Dosing. I used 1 scoop at a time.

I thought this was a pretty good nootropic, 8.5/10. It was pretty similar to Noowave's High Performer II, but the energy was different. Since Brainbridge has less caffeine and has teacrine, the energy is milder, but longer lasting.

The focus with BrainBridge was very nice. In particular, I found that it helped with my visual perception, which made it great for watching movies or playing video games.
    Since Brainbridge is marketed to gamers, I think MAN hit the nail right on the head with this formula.

It's also a nice pre-workout either on its own (if you just want energy and focus) or stacked with a non-stim pump pre. I used it on a few leg days with great success.

The going price for BrainBridge is $35, which gives you $1.75/serving. This is a little high, but not terrible. It's more than HP II (1.33/serving) and Brainwash (1.6/serving), but if you are patient, you can wait for a coupon from MAN (they come out every other month or so) and save a few bucks.

Conclusion

This was my first supplement from MAN, and I have to say it was pretty good. Will try more products from them in the future.

4.5
    5.5
    Thanks to NuLivScience for sending it out!
      February 3, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Informed Choice
    • GRAS
    --Introduction----

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I train 5 days a week. Over the past few months, I have been increasing the intensity and the volume of my workouts, so when I saw ActiGin on the troopers program, I knew I wanted to grab it.

One serving is one capsule, which gives us 100mg of Acti-Gin.

Acti-Gin is a proprietary blend made from Panax NotoGinsing root (a Chinese herb) and Rosa roxburghii fruit.
    --Introduction----

One serving is one capsule, which gives us 100mg of Acti-Gin.

Acti-Gin can reduce inflammation in muscle tissue, which means faster recovery, and can increase glycogen delivery to muscle tissue which means an increase in time to exhaustion.

This product is Informed Choice certified, which is good for drug-tested athletes and it is GRAS affirmed, which means it is generally recognized as safe.

It is becoming increasingly popular in pre-workouts.

There is no taste or mixability here as we have a pill product.

I used one capsule before each workout.

Unfortunately, I cannot say that Acti-Gin supplementation has been effective for me. My lifts did improve over the two months that I used it, but my lifts were improving similarly before I started using Acti-Gin.

In addition, I saw no improvement in terms of DOMS. For the first six weeks that I used Acti-Gin, I was using the same training program. I would add weight and reps as I could, but the core workouts remained the same. I saw little muscle soreness, but this was to be expected as I adapt to my workouts fairly quickly (usually within a week).

Two weeks ago, however, I changed my training program, so that I would be using less weight but more repetitions and would be doing more sets overall. I was doing the same lifts (or similar variations) just more work.

I was hoping that Acti-Gin would help me acclimate to this new program sooner, but I cannot say that was the case. Even though I was using Act-Gin daily, the soreness was terrible. I was waddling for days after I trained my legs on Monday. My pecs, shoulders, and biceps were aching after my upper body days. I got a massage that Wednesday, and my masseuse had to stop and ask if I was alright as I would cringe every time she touched my hamstrings.

I eventually adapted to the new program, but it took me about a week, which I believe would have happened without the Acti-Gin.

Acti-Gin has been studied on humans, but this study involved cycling. It's possible that Acti-Gin is an effective recovery supplement for endurance workouts, but I cannot say that I experienced any benefits from it as a powerlifter.

Right now, Acti-Gin is pretty expensive. I was able to find it on Amazon for about $45, which gives you .75 cents/serving. This is too expensive for a basic recovery supplement.

Side Effects

--Conclusion----

I can't say I'd recommend this to lifters. It could, however, be helpful if you are an endurance athlete, but I, alas, am not one. Next time, I'll try something else.

January 28, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Natural Triglyceride
    • Third Party Tested
    • Wild Caught Fish

I'm 28 years old, and I lift 5 days a week, mostly heavy lifting as I'm a powerlifter, but one day is a bro day for accessories/volume.

I always have fish oil in my stack. It offers a number of benefits: reduces triglycerides, blood pressure, inflammation, and symptoms of depression to name a few.

I've always heard great things about Nordic Naturals, so I got a bottle in September to try out

The only notable ingredient here is fish oil, sourced from anchovies and sardines. You want the source to be a small fish as they have less toxins in them than larger fish.

One serving is 2 capsules, which gives us 2150mg omega 3s.

The breakdown is 1125mg EPA, 875 DHA, and 150mg other.

This is a very good dose. Assuming you have normal health, you want at least 250-500mg omega 3s a day. If you have certain risk factors, your doctor may recommend a higher dose, e.g. 1-2g omega 3s a day.

You could be just fine taking half a dose a day (or even half a dose 3 days a week).

There's no taste here as it's a pill product. It's lemon scented, but I didn't taste anything. I also didn't get any fish burps. I do, though, keep my fish oil in the freezer, which should prevent that.

There's no mixability either.

I used one capsule a day. I don't have any of the present risk factors, so that was an ample dose for me

Without medical testing, it can be hard to assess the effectiveness of fish oil. Many of the benefits are not ones that you would feel.

I did, though, notice some distinct benefits after switching to Ultimate Omega 2x. One was joint relief. I noticed that my joints were over all less strained than they usually are.

The other benefit was improved brain function, in particular, I noticed better concentration and less sluggishness.

Nordic Naturals is not cheap. I spent just over $60 for the 120 pill bottle, and it often retails for $70-75. Many popular brands cost less 1/3 of this.

That being said, UOII is one of the best fish oil products you can buy. Nordic Naturals is a member of GOED (the premier omega 3 trade group). This means that Nordic Naturals products are randomly tested for purity, oxidation, and label accuracy. It also means that Nordic Naturals uses natural triglyceride form fish oil instead of a synthetic ether. Natural is more bioavailable, but it is more expensive to reduce.

NN uses wild caught fish, and it offers its certificate of analysis upon request.

In terms of quality, it's hard to find fault with this product, but it will be out of budget for some.

It's like getting a $30 bottle of wine. It's better than the $10 bottle on the lower shelf, but it's not 3 times better, so whether or not you spring for it depends on your taste/budget.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I thought this is a very nice product, and I will order some more. That being said, if it's too expensive, you would be just fine taking a larger dose of a cheaper product. That will work too, but make sure it's a good brand. There are a number of dodgy fish oil products out there.

Overall
    Thanks to NooWave Supplement Co. for sending it out!
      January 26, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Better Mood
    • Tastes Good
    • Insane Focus
    • No Crash

I'm currently studying to become a strength coach, so I spend a lot of time reading. Sometimes, I'm just not in the mood, and a focus supplement comes in handy. I got the first High Performer, and I wanted to like it (had a great formula), but it always gave me a headache (I never finished the bottle). When I saw they redid it, I decided to give it another go, and I'm glad I did.

In one scoop (6g) we have:

In one scoop (6g) we have:

2,500mg L-Tyrosine- L Tyrosine is an amino acid that is used to produce noradrenaline and dopamine. It is a common anti-stress supplement. 2.5g is a hefty dose. It's commonly dosed at .5g-2g.

600mg Alpha GPC 50%- Alpha GPC is a cholinergic (my personal favorite) and like CDP choline it works acutely. It can reduce cognitive decline and symptoms of Alzheimers Disease. I think we have 300mg actual Alpha GPC here. It's very hydrophilic and is often bonded with a silicate so it is easier to use. That's why it says Alpha GPC 50%. 300mg is a good dose.

400mg Glucuronolactone- this is a molecule often found in energy drinks (usually 10-60mg). It is not very well researched.

200mg Caffeine Anhydrous- We all know this one. 200mg is a solid dose for me. Too much more than that and I can get jittery.

150mg Mucuna Pruriens (std. to 98% L-Dopa)- This is a good source of L-Dopa, which is a precursor to dopamine. MP can reduce cortisol and improve sperm quality.

100mg L-Theanine- This is a relaxing amino acid that can help take some of the edge off caffeine.

300mcg Huperzine A 1%- This is a cognitive enhancer, usually dosed from 50-200mcg and it may need to be cycled. It acts as a cholinergic.

Unlike the first High Performer which was a pill product, we have a powder here. It comes in one flavor, orange cream, which was a light, refreshing flavor, 8.5/10. I don't buy nootropics for their taste, but if I have to taste them, I want them to taste good.

Mixability was pretty good in a shaker bottle, 8/10. A little grittiness, but there was no clumping or anything.

I stuck with one scoop as this formula is pretty well dosed.

I liked HPII a lot. The energy was nice. It would kick in quickly and slowly fade away, so that it wasn't a jarring experience once it ran its course. The focus was strong. I was able to focus on my studying for a few hours without getting distracted/looking for something else to do. There was also a mild euphoria that came along for the ride. I'm not sure what ingredient/which ingredients caused it, but it was a nice surprise.

I would, though, be cautious about taking it in the evening. I took a dose before I went to see the Last Jedi and although my focus was great during the movie, I did have some trouble sleeping afterwards.

It's definitely a great product for morning/early afternoons.

HPII retails for $40 a tub. It has 30 servings, which brings us ti $1.33/serving. I think this is pretty fair. Similar products can cost $1.5 serving. Also, Noowave frequently has coupons available, so if you buy it from them directly, you can save a few bucks.

Side Effects

So the first time I took HPII, I got a headache, and I was terrified that I would have the same reaction that I had to the first one. Luckily, is was a fluke. I never got any more headaches after the first usage, so it probably wasn't HPII at all. I was likely just due for a headache.

No other sides.

Conclusion

This has been one of my favorite nootropics to date. It's definitely worth a look. Thanks Noowave!

January 13, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tasty
      • Soy Free
      • Gluten Free
      • Prebiotic Fiber

I've tried more protein bars/cookies products than I can count/remember. Sometimes they're very good. Sometimes, they're very bad, and alas, many of them were not memorable in any way. When I find one that I like, I try to remember and get a box so I can review it.

When I saw Raw Fusion on sale, I decided to give them a go. I'm not a vegan, but I liked the idea of a whole foods bar, and I can always use more fiber in my diet.

I got a box of the almond berry bars. They are organic, soy-free, gluten-free, and have no refined sugar. The macros are:

1 bar
      290 calories
      11g fat (1g saturated)
      33g carbs (7g fiber, 17g sugar)
      16g protein.

As you can see, these bars are higher in carbs and fat/lower in protein than many others on the market. This isn't that surprising as it is a vegan bar and it has a lot of nuts and seeds.

The calories are a bit high for a protein bar, but I used these more as a meal replacement, so that was okay (along with a glass of Fairlife).

Micros:
      Vitamin A 6% RDA
      Vitamin C 6%
      Calcium 10%
      Iron 6%
      Sodium 3%

The micros are pretty decent for a protein bar. The sodium is low, which I like. I get enough sodium in my diet already.

The Almond Berry tasted pretty good, 8/10. They're fruity and nutty as you would expect from the name "almond berry," but it took me a long time to figure out what exactly they tasted like. They tasted fruity, but I couldn't decide on which fruit they tasted like and there is a nutty flavor, but it wasn't clearly an almond flavor. Finally, I realized they tasted like the fig newtons my school gave out when I was a kid.

Take a fig newton, and make it a chewy bar with some nuts and here you go.

No mixability here.

Dose

I had one bar at a time. I know some people like to eat two for a meal replacement, but I found one filling enough. They are bigger than most protein bars. One bar is 70g. A lot of the bars I've tried were 50-60g.

For effectiveness, the three things I'm looking at are protein quality, satiety, and ease of digestion.

Protein Quality

Vegan protein sources typically do not have the best amino profile. Here, though, SAN uses a blend of vegan protein powders, which helps build a better profile. From what I can tell, pumpkin seed and pea (the two protein powders SAN uses) are complementary. It would be nice to see a bit of rice protein too, but this is a pretty good mix.

Satiety

I used these bars either as meals or in between meals to stay full. For me, they were quite satiating. After eating one, I wouldn't be hungry again for hours. (I'm always hungry).

Digestion

I found that these were very easy on the digestion. They used prebiotic fiber which is a plus.

These are a bit pricey. The list price is $30, which comes out to $2.50 a bar, but if you're patient, you can find them for less. They were 20% off when I got a box, which brought them down to $2/bar (still a bit expensive but more in line with the market), and SAN had a sale last month where they were 30% off, which gives you $1.75/bar.

I'm not sure how many good tasting vegan bars there are on the market, so they may very well be worth if you are a vegan (or if you don't eat dairy).

For me, I'll wait until they go on sale again.

Side Effects

Conclusion

I was pretty happy with these. They were tasty and filling. If they ever revise them, it would be nice to see a third protein source.

Overall
      Thanks to Wildflower for sending it out!
        January 3, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Calming And Soothing Feel
      • Cool Looking Vape Pen
      • Help Relieve Bothersome Aches And Pains
      • No THC
      • Pleasant Aroma Vapor
      • Kind Of Expensive

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I train five days a week for 1.5-2 hours each session. Over the course of a training block, I usually end up with various aches and pains, so I was excited to try ACHES CBD Vaporizer by wildflower. I hadn't used CBD before, so this was a new experience for me.

CBD is a cannabinoid which means it comes from either marijuana or industrial hemp. It is used for a variety of conditions including chronic pain, epilepsy, MS, and can be used to reduce anxiety and psychosis.

Each vaporizer comes with 150mg of CBD ...

Each vaporizer comes with 150mg of CBD (cannabidol). Each draw is about 2mg, which gives us 75 servings.

What is the correct dosage for CBD?

It depends on how you're ingesting it (eating it vs vaporizing for example) and what you're using it for. For chronic pain, you may see people use 2-20mg CBD a day.

If you're on the higher end, this vaporizer would go pretty quickly.

Note to drug tested athletes: CBD is no longer banned by WADA. This is a very recent change (as of Jan 1, 2018). THC is though, so if your CBD source is not pure, you could still have an issue for your drug test.

It's hard to describe the taste. I smell vanilla, a little clove, possibly some mint, but the product doesn't taste like any of those things.

It's light in flavor (as it should be), and it kind of lingers on your tongue for a little while. It's not unpleasant, but I don't know how to describe it, as I can't reconcile it with any particular flavor.

No mixability here.

I used 1 puff at a time. Usually one puff a day, but sometimes two or three. I would use it either after my workout (1-2 hours after) or before bed.

After taking a puff, I felt the mental effects of the CBD pretty immediately. It has a very calming effect.

For pain reduction, it would take a bit longer to feel the CBD, maybe 10-15 minutes. This, to me, is still pretty fast. When I use over the counter pain medication, e.g. ibuprofen, it maybe 30-60 minutes before I actually start to feel any better.
      This product is very easy to use, which aids in its effectiveness. It's preloaded. You just hold it up to your mouth and inhale. There are no switches or buttons.

The product is $60/pen. That's expensive, but to assess value, I need to know what comparable products on the market cost.

I found one competing product that was $18, but it only had 30mg CBD (1/5 of wildflower's product). In terms of cost per serving, it's much more expensive. Another product was $28 for 50mg CBD. Cheaper than the first product, but still a higher cost per serving than wildflower.

Also, not every product is third party tested/will share those test results like Wildflower, so you are paying for quality here.

You are also paying for convenience as it would be cheaper (in the long run) to get CBD oil, a reloadable vaporizer, and fill it yourself.

I think the price here is pretty decent. Yes, it is an expensive product, but CBD is expensive.

Side Effects

I got a bit of face tingling. I didn't mind it. There was no wooziness or grogginess.

Conclusion

I liked this product. I do think it is too expensive for someone only who's just looking for a basic joint support (as there effective options that are much cheaper), but it could be very useful for people with more serious conditions or people who prefer a more natural form of pain relief.

Thanks for letting me try it Wildflower.

January 1, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Pain Relief

I'm a competing powerlifter, and I train heavy 5 days a week (two squat days, two bench days, and a deadlift day). Sometimes, my shoulders and knees are aching after a hard workout, and I pretty much am always using a joint support supplement (sometimes more than one), so I can keep my joints healthy.

This is a one-ingredient product. It's just cissus. Cissus is an herb that can be used to reduce pain and improve joint function. It can also act as a muscle relaxant, so it should probably not be taken pre-workout.

One serving is two capsule...

One serving is two capsules:

1.5g cissus (5% ketosterone)

This is ideal. Some products offer more ketosterones (10-20%), but from what I've read, 5% is likely best for joint support (most studies are with 2.5-5% ketosterones).

The optimal dose is not yet known, but 1.5g is plenty. 300-600mg at 2.5% ketosterone is enough to see biological activity in humans, and here we're getting more than double that amount.

There is no taste as this is a pill product. This is good because cissus tastes awful. It also stains your hands, so buying loose powder to put in caps is inconvenient at best.

No mixability either.

I used 2 caps at a time, and I took it with breakfast. (I workout before breakfast).

I found this product to be very effective. It took me a little over 2 months to run the entire bottle, and I had very little joint pain. One or two days my shoulders were achy, but that was it. I've also noticed that my shoulder stability has been improving. I do bottom up kettlebell walks in my warmup, and I've been able to go farther/use more weight over the past couple of months. The shaking has lessened as well.

I've had no knee pain at all.

The value here is pretty good. One bottle is $16-$19 and will last about 2 months. This is a solid deal. Comparable products can cost $25-$30, and the products I've seen that are priced similarly to SNS, do not tell you the ketosterone%. They may be using the junk part of the plant to save a few bucks (this is not uncommon in joint support products, cissus, bosweilla, etc).

Side Effects

My burps smelled a bit like cissus but that was it.

Conclusion

If you're looking for a cissus product, this is it.

Thanks to FREEZiNda for sending it out!
          December 31, 2017

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Easy To Make
        • Bitter After Taste

I wanted to try Freezinda because I use a good amount of protein powder (1-2 scoops a day), and I love ice cream, so I wanted to see if this yielded a tasty dessert.

1 Packet of Freezinda gives us:

50 calories
        18g carbs (1g sugar)
        0g protein
        0g fat

The ingredients are vegetable glycerin (sweetener), erythritol (sweetener), sugar, baking powder, guar gum (thickener/stabilizer), and xanthan gum (thickener/stabilizer).

1 Packet of Freezinda gives us:

50 calories
        18g carbs (1g sugar)
        0g protein
        0g fat

The Freezinda is sweet, but it does not have any flavor (e.g. no vanilla, chocolate, etc). Your dessert will taste like whatever protein powder you use just sweeter. I did, though, get a bitter aftertaste sometimes.

The mixability was good when I made a frozen dessert. The texture was smooth. I had some clumping, however, when I used the dry packets to make a microwave muffin.

The product comes in packets (one wet and one dry). You use one of each for the frozen dessert, and one packet of the dry ingredient for the microwave muffin. When you make the frozen dessert, you are making three servings at once.

I followed the directions exactly and my first attempt at a frozen dessert was not very successful. It was so hard that I couldn't scoop it out at all. It came out like a block of Italian ice, but I had no blade to shave it.

The subsequent times, I used less water (6oz instead of 8), and it was much easier to scoop. My dessert came out like those frozen fudge pops you get at summer camp.

It was okay, but I was never a fan of those.

The microwave muffins were not very successful to me. The dry packets had too much leavening agent, which caused the batter to nearly overflow (I used a large mug). I also found the texture to be odd.

I've had better results just using baking powder and cake flour.

--Value----

A 5 pack of Freezinda is $15, which gives us $1/serving. This seems a bit pricy to me. Given that you have to provide the protein powder, you're paying more than you would to get a pint Halo Top. (According to my math 1 serving of a prepared Freezinda costs $1.66, and I can get a serving of HT for $1.19)

With HT, you don't have to do any work. The product is already made.

With Freezinda, you do get the option of picking your own flavors, but there are a lot of flavors for Protein "Ice cream" available right now. I'm not sure the ability to pick your own flavor warrants a 40% increase in price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

It was fun to try Freezinda, but this product was not for me. It does what it's supposed to do, i.e. it makes your protein powder into a frozen dessert, but I was just not a fan of the dessert that I got.

If you like fudge pops, you may love this.