slysteps

• Was an active member for 4 years, but hasn't been online since March, 2015

Reviews by slysteps

February 4, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Agression
  • Great Flavor
  • Quality Product
    So. This is the preworkout I have been utilizing lately. And I'm currently going on my third tub. Previous pre's including...well quite a few whose names I can't really recall. Nor do I honestly care. Because thus far.. this is my favorite. Also I should say, I love Allmax. And I'll save you the whole ingredient profile. Because honestly? I couldn't tell ya what half of it is let alone what in a french toasted biscuit burger it does.

Why is this so awesome? Well I'll tell ya Sally!!!
    1. No proprietary blends.
    2. Somewhere between 12-14G of ingredients, in a 19g scoop. With 4g of car...

Why is this so awesome? Well I'll tell ya Sally!!!
    1. No proprietary blends.
    2. Somewhere between 12-14G of ingredients, in a 19g scoop. With 4g of carbs listed. So obviously some filler...but not as bad as the black powder I recently acquired which I returned the next day due to it being (as far as I can recall) primarily filler.
    3. Semi decent price. 50 scoops for 40 bucks on BB.com and about the same at Super Supplements (where I have been frequenting here in WA)

Now. Effectiveness? Well hold your horses Martha. Let's go over flavor, consistency and scoop sizes first. But if you're to antsy because you are crouching at your supp store staring at this product and bouncing back and forth from reviews to the tub trying to decide if it's worth it, as I tend to do...well then skip to the end.

ANYWAYS
    Flavor! I have had the White Raspberry. Which I found quite delightful. But the last two tubs have been fruit punch. Which I've recently found with my ever so brief stint with Black Powder, can in fact, be a flavor easily ruined. Honestly tho.. I've taken to keeping it in my car. So when I'm up at 5 and leaving to drive I'll just pop the scoops into my mouth and shoot it down with a gulp of water. This is where consistency comes into play. It doesn't get foamy. I never once had any sort of oral freakout with it. Other than the time I half coughed and sorta looked like I was hacking up cocaine. It's not chalky. goes down smooth. So considering convenience is a necessity for me. This is a big selling point.

And now for effectiveness. Well I should probably tell you I am currently 220 some LBS (BF percentage unknown) and have been working out primarily fasted in the mornings. That considered. I probably overdose quite a bit. I find the more I use. The more endurance I have. Like freakish amounts. I have taken up to 5 scoops of this. Never once did I feel over stimmed or like I was going to stroke out. But I did find that I could do more reps and keep going for longer. But lately I've cut back to 3 and still find it to work quite well. And sometimes I'll swallow the powder with a swig of Rockstar Energy Water, for a bit of extra caffeine.

The pumps aren't always impressive. But you can get some sick ones going. I've found if I have carbs before bed that I'll tend to get some good ones going during my workout and they'll linger for quite a while.

And to the gains. Well. To be honest. My diet has fluctuated. So I can't say all to much about how much this assisted in my workouts. But I can say, since utilizing muscleprime my maxes went from 455 deadlift to 495, 335 squat to 365 and bench from 225 to 245. This is all in the process of a few months mind you and while eating whatever I like and a load of protein. I also recieved comments that I have been looking bigger. I'd attribute this to working deadlifts and squats a bit more frequently. Which I truly believe I've survived more than I normally could thanks to this lil beauty.

So in conclusion. You should shell out the dough for this and see if it works for ya.

ALSO. Listening to Viking Metal helps alot as well. IJS doe....

June 16, 2012

• No Fillers. Good Taste
    • Excellent Mixability
    • Great Focus
      Alright ladies, today I finished my tub of this beauty. Id like to thank ssg and lecheek for giving it to me free because I know how to google pointless pictures better than the rest of you. Previous pre workouts I have used are assault and craze. Also don't think to much of this review. Im tired and hungry so ill state my opinions.

Two components I was happy with would be the beta alanine as well as the daa. And also that it has creatine being I used absolutely no other supplement while running this. I found that 2-2 1/2 scoop was perfect for me. Anything over was a bit to much

Ener...

Energy/endurance-8: typically I don't see much energy from supplements I use. Usually ill get a stimulant buzz but nothing more. With this I felt so ready to go in and go hard. I cant say my endurance was through the roof but I didn't find it hard to keep going past the point I had been while I was without a pre. Id like to attribute some of that to the BA.

How it made me feel-9: ok so sometimes Stims will hit you and kick your ass. I had that twice. One time my heart rate was just cracked out for a while. And another I was shaky and amped through the roof. Being it only happened twice tho I cant complain. Especially when craze caused me to feel that way nearly every time.

Over all effectiveness-7: the real question is what can you expect from a pre, as well as one with the addition of DAA. Now while using this I did make some pretty notable gains. But I also change up my workouts frequently. My diet hasn't been great due to finances so I haven't been eating as much as I should. That said maybe the addition of BA, DAA and creatine had helped me continue to slowly grow a bit and gain strength. Also a contributing factor could be that aside from the gym im not to terribly active so suffice it to say I rest hardcore.

Anyways this performed well for me as a pre and I was definitely satisfied with how I reacted to it. Im becoming a big fan of lecheek and can appreciate the attention they provide to their consumers and the fact that this was produced after investigating how people thought of the previous speed xtreme. Oh and raslem is the stuff!

April 20, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Recovery
      • Taste
      • Expensive At 2 Scoop Serving
      • Price In Store
      so i just finished a tub of this about an hour ago. i used it on what i would call a lazy cut...meaning i kept my workout sessions as intense as i could, but rarely ever seemed to get my cardio in.

first off whats in it
      1 Scoop Provides
      Micronized L-Leucine6.2g
      Micronized L-Glutamine2.5g
      Micronized L-Isoleucine500mg
      Micronized L-Valine500mg
      notice no citrulline malate which ive noticed to be included in most BCAA supps ive had a gander at.

first off whats in it
      1 Scoop Provides
      Micronized L-Leucine6.2g
      Micronized L-Glutamine2.5g
      Micronized L-Isoleucine500mg
      Micronized L-Valine500mg

taste-5: i had watermelon. i found it to be quite bland. at one scoop it tasted like over sweetened watered down koolaid. after a few uses i decide to do 2 scoops so i could get more leucine and the flavor became stronger of course but was still awfully bland. but for me i prefer a somewhat tart taste. and when all you ever drink for the most part is 1 whey shake or water. you tend to appreciate having a tasty fruity type drink. so this didnt meet my cravings for that.

profile-8: when reviewing a BCAA i like to compare to the more popular products like xtend or modern bcaa. so comparing this to xtend per scoop you get twice the leucine (which may some consider the more important BC) the same amount of glutamine. but under 1/3 the amount of isoleucine and valine. basically you have to double scoop if you want a good amount of all the ingredients IMO.

price-6: well i purchased this at vitamin shoppe for roughly 30 dollars. i later found you could get it online for around 21. this is a fair price for a bcaa and xtend is around the same price. BUT at 2 scoops you are getting only 15 servings. which makes this pretty expensive even at $20.

mixability-10: i mean its all micronized so its a light powder. mixes well never any grains.

effectiveness-8: ok well as i said ive been cutting so my caloric intake has been fairly low. and ive also hit some rough times financially so i havent been eating as much as i should protein wise as well as my other macros. (kinda hard to do when youre 210lbs and broke lol). and i also havent been getting a great amount of sleep. anyways i did notice some decent recovery. most noticeable was leg day soreness. i brutally lifted legs this monday. the next 2-3 days my hams were so sore, especially my right to the point that i somewhat limped. but by today i had no soreness at all. so all things considered id say i can probably attribute some of that to this.

now i say maybe for would i recommend this due to price to necessary serving ratio and flavor. those are my only two qualms with this. sure i might buy it again. wouldnt mind trying blue raspberry.

but for my money and better choice ill still probably stick with xtend or universal atomic 7. or whatever it is my buddy is trying to talk me into trying that has beta alanine in it.

3.0
        April 2, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Upset Stomach
      • No Crash
      • Awkward Aftertaste
      • No Beta-alanine
      • Kinda Pricey
      alright guys and gals, its another review from your favorite punk rockin, mentally unhinged, chicken titty enthusiast :D

within the last few months there has been a massive craze over Craze and i couldnt wait to jump on the bandwagon. after reading over multiple reviews and hearing testimonials i was completely sold that this would be a game changer. i mean insane focus and energy, whats not to love. but in the end it turned out for me how it seems many supplements do in my case. a let down.

now when i first began using this i used it with only allmax creatine. but after not noticing any real effects added in a serving of allmax taurine and a 1-2 servings of primaforce citrulline malate.

so lets start with taste: 2
      god awful doesnt even sum it up for me. first off i hate grape flavor anything. i was thankful it was something you just chug real quick. but with the addition of the citrulline malate it really wasnt to bad. the lemony flavor it added made it almost taste good. but really, taste doesnt matter for a pwo and if it does to you and is a deciding factor...well stop bein a vag.

mixability:10
      mixed easily never had any noticible remaining grainss.

dosing:10
      1-2 small little scoops. not to difficult. and was better than throwing in that massive assault scoop. and so it also took up alot less space in my supp pantry. one thing i would like to add to this is i wish they would add some endurance components to this. BETA ALANINE FTW

price: 6
      32 bucks on nutraplanet for 45 1 scoop servings or 22 2 scoop servings. kinda pricey, but if it worked better for me i wouldnt mind it.

effect for me:3
      aaaaaalright. the important part of the review. now on my initial use i started out with 2 scoops. i seem to typically be extremely stim tolerant. so i figured meh go for it. can i say i was in hell? my heart rate was so jacked but i did have a bit of energy and some extra focus. but this could have been merely a placebo effect. i also sweat profusely. and it also made me suffer the most extreme anxiety. so on the next use i decided ok we shall try just 1 scoop. doing this i noticed absolutely nothing. so from then on i used 1 1/2 scoop. i noticed a small amount of energy, enough to bring me out of the afternoon crash i suffer around 2pm and then again around 5 when i get home and ready for the gym. as for focus, i noticed that my focus never really was tunnel vision towards lifting. more like an irritable nagging sense to pay attention to other people in the gym. i can honestly say this made me feel somewhat paranoid that everyone was looking and talkin stuff on me. it also still made my heart rate a bit extreme. i noticed most during squats that by the time i would finish a set that my heart would be thundering and i would have to take a bit of an extra break to try and let it settle in hopes of not, you know stroking out or whatever.

so in conclusion i would say this is worth a try. being so many other people have experienced such amazing results with it. i would possibly recommend to others to try it on those grounds alone. but as for me, doubt ill try it again.

March 28, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Easy To Remember Dosing
        First off i would like to thank SSGdimsmash and lecheek nutrition for allowing me to log this product on my ever continuing journey to attempt to get "Ripped"

i of course ran this while cutting. eating under maintenance at around 2500 calories a day. previous fat burners ive supplemented with are Oxyelite pro. and a few things on their own such as randoms yohimbe, green tea, cla.

So what is in this? well caffeine (1,3,7,trimeth) and 2-amino-4-Methylhexane. and before taking i researched the ingredients i found that a few of them were basically natural substances that simulate ephedrine caffeine and aspirin. as well as CLA.

dosing- simple 1 pill a day. i took it in the morning a few minutes before breakfast

effectiveness-feeling- well i cant say this was to effective for me. i didnt notice any leaning or significant enough fat loss for it to be noticeable. and there was never any energy. it also touts that it will crush appetite. i found myself starving while using this. even after eating a fairly large sized breakfast. i did have a handful of times that i felt the stimulants kick in and it left me energized and ready to conquerthe day. which i found odd having been off stimulants about 2 months. it never made me feel jacked out or awake in the morning. and i still had a hardcore crash at around 2pm. so maybe it just didnt work well for me.

cost-this is $50 for 60 days. thats a pretty good deal compared to Oxyelite pro, making this in my mind a good product to try if you are looking for a new fatburner.

would i recommend it? maybe, i think this has the possibility of being a great product for other people if it works for them.

i think lecheek is a great growing company and after looking at the ingredients in this and other products of theirs, i cant wait to try some of the stuff theyve released. as for this, i wouldnt mind trying it again to see if it was just a problem with my diet. but the pricetag is to high for me, so itll be a while.

March 6, 2012

• Slight Mixing Issue
        Beta alanine, i believe should be something everyone that does any sort of athletic or weight training should be taking. im writing this review after about a month or more of running out of this. also im not going to go into a whole bunch of details, other than that this is an amino acid. because i encourage those of you who dont know what this is to do as i did-YOUR OWN RESEARCH!!!

Dosing:10- it was 5g=1tsp. it made life easy because i used it pre workout and my creatine/taurine were also both 1tsp servings so i didnt have to go rummaging for more measuring spoons. the recommended dosage is around 7g a day to achieve muscle saturation. im prettttty sure i was taking a bit more than that towards the end.

Cost: 10- first of all let me mention i purchased this at the advice of a few members of this site. tho they advised a different brand i found this one and it was relatively cheap at around $12 on BB.com for a small bottle. my intention was to test it out. which honestly before you know how youll react to BA i would recommend because some people just cant handle it.

Taste:N/A BUT- i did take 5g of this on my tounge being i had already drank my PWO and i will say it had the slight taste of sucking on a sugar packet.

Mixability:6- Mixed like crap! the grains all sat at the bottom. but really this isnt a problem if youre just mix mix mixing then chugging your PWO. but even then i would sometimes have to pour a bit more water to the empty cup and mix some more to get the last little hangers on.

Sides:8-for me i say 8 cuz i dont mind the tingles and they eventually went away while drinking (straight on the tongue brought them back). i suppose if it had bothered me more i would think otherwise. the tingles tho reminded me of about a million needles trying to suddenly poke out my forhead. nothing worse than a sun burn for about 2 minutes.

Effectiveness:9-Wow okay as i said ive not been using this for an while now. and let me tell you ive noticed the difference. there was a point i was mixing it in my assault which already has some BA in it. OK so what ive noticed- every day about noon (because i lift at around 5pm)i would begin getting this feeling in my muscles. it wasnt a sore feeling, actually it was quite the opposite because i really never was to terribly sore while using this. it was more of a feeling like my muscles needed me to drop some weight on them. like they were literally crying out to be abused. and i was more than happy to do so. and let me tell you my muscular endurance was through the roof! every set i did was 4x10 failing at 10. very rarely 9 or less. whearas now most of my sets are 3x8-10. my weight on some exercises such as curls was noticeably a bit higher around 55lbs-now 50lbs for less reps. i dont get that feeling like i need to expel strength and energy any more. not that i need it but it pumped me up alot and i feel attributed somewhat to me pushing myself and making some gains.

overall as i said, everyone who can take this SHOULD. im personally going to be getting the 1kilo tub from nutraplanet.com asap. Allmax is a good name tho so if you are looking to test the waters i would recommend going with a small bottle of theirs. and as to the mixing with assault. if you get to the point youre not feeling the tingles much anymore than i say try it... mostly i used with allmaxes taurine and creatine, as well as primaforces citrulline malate.

February 11, 2012

• Aids In Recovery
        • By Universal
          alright this is one of universals answer to a bcaa supplement. its said to be used for post workout but i typically use it for intra, to help with the odd breath i tend to gain while in the gym and having some flavor also helps me concentrate for some reason. while using this i was on a bulking phase. the only other supplements i was using was dextrose for a while. hydrobuilder for post workout protein, assault for my pre workout. animal pak and triple strength fishoil from gnc. i typically do a 4x8-10 rep scheme with failure near the end and focus on a slight negative type effect when doing many of my exercises.

now this particular supplement is comparable to the more popular Xtend, so i will compare the two for all intensive purposes

Xtend amino profile

L-Valine 2g
          L-Glutamine 2g
          Citrulline Malate 1g
          L-Taurine 500mg

the differences other than amino dosing, atomic 7 has a small amount of taurine added which the xtend lacks, but xtend has some electrolytes. with taurine assisting in focus id say that it did more for me than some electrolytes and really if i was worried about those id just add this to a gatorade (while bulking).

ok so basically youre getting a liiiittle bit more bang for your buck when it comes to atomic 7, for the most part at least.

now for the review

Flavor/taste- 7: i had black cherry bomb. the flavor wasnt as strong as i would have liked, and definitely not as strong as the extend. it seemed to be more like a dull koolaid. some may like this, some may crave a more koolaid less mcdonalds fountain machine poweraid type flavor. but also i add it to my large ON shaker cup with about 28oz of water i believe so that may have something to do with it.

effectiveness-8: while using this i was rarely sore. now i was eating a metric crap ton and supplementing with the hydrobuilder, but i do feel this may have added some to my repair and kept me a little less fatigued in the gym. assuming it did i give it an 8. being my sessions typically run longer than they probly should so that i kill more time out of the night.

price-9:again let me compare to the ever loved Xtend, via bodybuilding.com. i purchased a 32serving container of black cherry bomb(only flavor available for the 32 serving) for $22. a normal 30 serving in the other flavors is also $22. Whereas xtend comes in at $23. the downside tho is that when you go for a 90 serving container atomic 7 will run you $57 and xtend $55. i will normally go for a smaller container so if i decide to try something new it wont take long to run through the one im currently using. so for that reason i rate this a 9 for value.

profile-9: i believe it to be a fairly good profile. 1 scoop seems to be enough to keep you fueled and at 10g bcaa per scoop id say thats pretty good. and knowing its by universal makes me feel a bit better knowing they are probly of better quality aminos than the typical run of the mill (if thats something thats possible)

mixability-8: this isnt so much a powder as very small granules. that being said it does still mix fairly well.

would i recommend this, sure maybe not the flavor i had tho. i wouldnt mind trying it again with a different flavor as well. so obviously that means i will be supplementing with this in the future. due to 3 reasons, universal is a name i trust. the profile, and the reasonable cost.

but in the end a bcaa supp is a personal choice. its really not something youll desperately need unless possibly cutting in which it can help maintain some of that muscle during training sessions. that being said, i could see the taurine in this as well as possibly having a bit more added could help while cut with focus on cardio and such. this wont get you huge tho. and you get bcaa from your protein sources. but still if youre like me and like something to sip on while working out other than water then id say give this a try. you might find a new fav and join the ranks of semen face up there.

February 11, 2012

• No Scoop
          • Non Reasealable Bag.
          this review will be short due to im not 100% certain on how to review this other than how i feel it did for me. i used it during a bulking phase. i used a ON whey scooper which is said to be about 50g carbohydrates, in conjunction with ON hydrobuilder. now i was eating alot during this time, but i was not using far to many supplements. i cant attest to how much muscle i gained while using this but during my phase i went from 195-198lbs to 212-215 (weird scale) in 4 months while only gaining about 2-3% bodyfat. believe it or not thats up to you but im going by measurements.

effectiveness-...

effectiveness-10: now this is something that helps spike insulin. im sure it did that being its so high on the glycemic scale so i cant help but rate it for doing exactly what its supposed to do. i was rarely sore during my bulk and if i was it didnt last to long. i cant say this directly contributed to that but knowing its main function im sure it did.

taste-6: i thought this would make my shake sweet as candy. instead it gave it a slight cornmeal flavor. and made my shake almost taste as if it was bit stale. not unbearable but i was disappointed.

cost-10: dirt cheap no reason to complain. and it lasted a while so cant beat that

my only complaints is that it came in a bag, that wasnt resealable so i had to find a container for it. thats nothing tho so i dont hold it against it. also the no scoop kinda is a pain but as i said i used an ON whey scoop and i keep the used scoops so it was also not to much a problem.

i believe used with hydrolized whey you have a post workout dream in a cup for your muscles.

i will definitely be using it again on my next bulk cycle and i will be using more of it in that time.

December 28, 2011

• Amazing Taste
          • Wish It Was A 5lb Tub
          oh combat powder. sweet sweet sweet combat powder. this right heeyuh is my favorite protein powder thus far. one of its selling points being the multiple forms of protein, with different digestion rates that will "feed your muscles for up to 8 hours".

the nutritional profile 10: 1 serving is 130 calories-2.5g fat-4g carbs-24g protein. this is a fairly lean protein which is good if youre on a cut, or maybe bulking to add some flavor/calories to whatever bland food you may want to add it to... tho i dont recommend rolling your chicken in it.

taste10- I LOVE THE TASTE!!!! to me this powd...

taste10- I LOVE THE TASTE!!!! to me this powder is sweeter than a serenade from the punk rock legend mike ness. i tend to find myself wanting to throw it in almost everything. and wanting to just constantly down shakes. but then i remind myself HEY this cost 40 bucks yo... anyways id recommend chocolate milk. chocolate and peanut butter is good, but its not all youll crack it up to be. i was hoping reeses and got chocolate with a slight other taste...

effectiveness9- ok so heres the most important part right. now being this has some added bcaa, digestive enzymes and all the different sorts of proteins i do feel like it did a pretty good job of reducing muscle soreness and possibly helpin me get some gains as well as assist with some issues i seemed to be having with digesting veggies. so for that i applaud MP.

cost/value9- a 54 serving tub is about 39 bucks. and for a name brand, multiple proteins, and the other added goodies i say this fair price!

mix ability7- I NEVER GET THIS TO MIX WELL its kind of annoying. always little itty bitty clumps. but that could be in part that i typically stir this with a spoon in water. but even when in a shaker cup it never seemed to fully disolve into the water.

now for my problems with this product-
          if i take it before i go to bed i wake up with a slightly upset stomach. and after noticing how it sits and rots in a cup if you forget to clean it out i really think that's what it did in my stomach. BUT with the casein in it i figured its worth it. but this seems to only happen on an empty stomach. also it occasionally gave me some gas.

my other problem, with this being different forms of protein taking this post workout wont supply you with enough when you want it the most. i mean theres hydrolized in there but how much of that 25g is it? to be honest id recommend getting a straight up hydrowhey or regular protein for post workout.

id definitely recommend this (and i do) as your any time of the day protein. and if you want your, post. but more so meal replacement, added protein/flavor/calorie supplement. Ive gotta give it to MP. they do know how to make some top notch stuff in my opinion.

November 26, 2011

• Great Pre And Inter Workout Supplement
          • Only If You Want A Slight Pick Me Up!
          • Great To Get Your Morning Aminos
            Ok so I've been using this for a few weeks. Haven't used it all up but I've used it long enough to be able to give it a rating. Also im trying to kill time. So

Value:9- got it for 20 bucks at GNC. You can get it a dollar cheaper on bb.com I think. 60 scoops or 30 servings. And the serving to water ratio makes it last pretty well. Ill use 2-3 scoops for my large shaker bottle. I think they could add more in the tub tho

Taste/mixability:9- I really like the taste. Not to sweet not to tangy and doesn't fast watered down in a large amount of water for how small the scoop is. And its a fine powder so it mixes like nada.

Effectiveness:7- I think the lil bit of caffeine kinda helps me in the morning and intra workout. And it gives me a flavor to savor in between sets. But it doesn't give me much of any energy. I like that im getting some extra bcaa but I haven't had any noticible differences while using it.

Container-just throwing it in their, I like the container Haha except one time I lost the lid to my shaker cup. I somehow inadvertantly screwed it on the container and then put it back in my supp pantry.

Ill probably get another container and another flavor. Probably look for some stuff to add to it. I like it alot more than xtend tho...