shredfitness

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+24)
  • Was an active member for 4 months, but hasn't been online since April, 2013
  • Member has only posted 5 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by shredfitness

March 18, 2013

Cons:
    I haven't reviewed anything in a while due to trying out new products to review for the site. Today, I'm starting with Muscle Pharm's ZMA Max.

I'm going to keep this one simple, no need for a rating system. ZMA is often used as a sleep aid to help promote a more restful state of sleep and other benefits. This was the first ZMA product I used and I honestly believe ZMA supplements are a waste of money.

This product got me to sleep...because I was tired. At no point did I think this product made me sleep more. I was still up in the night and woke up no problems the next day.

At firs...

At first, I thought the product was "working" but that was placebo. Towards the end of the bottle, I was just getting annoyed that I bought the product. Another downside is that when I upped the dosing to two caps, that made my restfullness worse. I found myself waking up alot in the night and sleeping very awkwardly.

Don't waste your money on ZMA guys. No one should be defficient in zinc or magnesium, two of the main ingredients. I believe ZMA to be a gimmick. Maybe it's just me, you can see for your self.

• Good Focus
      What's up everyone, first review on this site and decided to do my first couple of them on the supplements I most recently have used, that being said Mr. Hyde is first to go.

First thing I should mention is half the time I used this product I stacked it with Dr. Jekyll (review coming on that as well) so I will keep the results solely from the times I used only Hyde.

Mixability-10/10

Mixability-10/10
      I'll start with mixability, considering that is the first thing you do with the product. Hyde mixed perfectly in about 14-16oz. of water and I never had any residue at the bottom. Mixed it in a normal Shaker cup everytime so no comment on spoon mixing.

Taste-9/10
      Next thing you experience is the taste. At the beginning of the tub I loved the Punch flavor. It was refreshing and had no aftertaste. However, towards the end of the tub, the taste wasn't particularly bad, it just began to have an odd aftertaste. Not a problem though.

Energy-10/10
      This is where the product shines. With 400 mg of caffeine in a scoop this packs a punch. The thing that surprised me is I'm VERY tolerant to caffeine. This product gave me an instant boost and kept me going through my work out no problem. Great energy.

Pump-7/10
      When I didn't use this with Dr.Jekyll, I still experienced a decent pump. Blood was flowing and vascularity was improved.

Side Effects and Crash-10/10
      Now I'm giving this a ten because there was no crash whatsoever. I went to school after using this and was still focused from the workout and never experienced a crash.

Value-10/10
      Probably the best thing about this product is that unlike other pre workouts, I never had to up the dosing. At about 30 bucks on tigerfitness.com and 45 legitimate servings, it'd hard to beat in this category.

Overall-9/10
      Overall this is a very solid pre workout. Great energy and the low price is fantastic. I will be buying another thing of this soon. If you want something to amp you up for some heavy lifts, look no further.

• Amazing Taste
      • Did I Mention Great Taste
      • Solid Profile
      • Sludge
      • Not Widely Available Yet
      I'll start off by saying I think I'm addicted to this protein. I promise if you buy a tub of this you will keep buying it and never want to stop. It's that good. I would bathe in this. Anyways, onto the review.

I discovered this through the Youtube channel, TigerFitness, which is basically the man Marc Lobliner's personal channel. I thank him for introducing me to this amazing product.

Profile-10/10

Profile-10/10
      First off, the tesating that goes into this product is impressive and worth mentioning. The protein is manufactured in a NSF registered facility and undergoes 3rd party lab tests with every batch. This is refreshing and nice to know we are not being sold crap. The ingredient profile is solid with the protein content coming from Whey conentrate. Good source of protein and you're not losing any nutritonal value you would normally from a protein isolate product. Another ingreadient is the 2,597 mg of leucine added. This is considered the "anabolic trigger" and is proven to promote muscle growth.

Mixabilty-10/10
      Opened this tub up and got a big waft of chocolate. Very excited to try it out. Mixed two scoops with 18oz. of water (have mixed with over 26oz.) and no clumping was present. In fact, this came out to be a very smooth consistency. Where it wasn't too thick, it was a very nice texture that wasn't watered down.

Taste-100/10
      That's right. One hundred out of ten. This broke the scale by far. This is why I'm addicted. This stuff tastes like a milkshake. Honestly better. The taste is hard to describe. That's how amazing it is. Buy it so you can experience the magic.

Effectiveness-9/10
      I guess I'll give this a 9 just because it's not like I turned into the hulk when i drank it. It's a protein supplement and it did it's job just fine. Help me met my macros and tasted great.

Side Effects-N/A
      Didn't experience any sort of side effect...

Value-10/10
      A 5lb. tub of this protein will give you 67 servings. At about $45 on tigerfitness.com, that's a damn good deal. It will last you and it's cheaper than most mainstream protein powders out there as far as price per serving goes. Also worth mentioning is in one scoop there is 25g of protein. This is the most I've found per scoop currently. Great value.

Overall-10/10
      Honestly, this is my favorite supplement. I don't consider so much a supplement as a staple in my diet. With the amazing taste and profile, it's hard to beat. Big shoutout to TigerFitness for introducing me to it. Changed my life and is now my addiction.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Mood Enhancement
      • Could Be Cheaper/better Dosing
      Detonate is Gaspari Nutrition's fat burning, energy amplifying powerhouse. I went through a bottle using it pre-cardio and pre-wrestling practice. Got some great sweats going and solid workouts in.

Initial Experience/Mood/Energy-8/10

Initial Experience/Mood/Energy-8/10
      The first time I took this supplement was before a cardio session I had in the morning. I used two capsules as I am often very tolerant to fat burning, stimulant based substances. I began my cardio (30 minutes on the treadmill) with a 5 minute warm up walk. I began to feel warm and was honestly, very excited to get the cardio in. -I took Detonate about 30 minutes prior to the cardio btw. at about 5 minutes i began my jog and felt warm and got a slight sweat going. By 15 minutes, I was drenched with no plan on stopping. As the cardio ended I had a very focused feeling and this lasted throughout the day, as I did the cardio fasted, in the AM. My first experience, I was impressed.

Results-8/10
      I started to take Detonate before my wrestling practices to help get me through tough practices and lose some more water weight. It did its job and I was losing around 2 lbs a practice. This is definitely a product to look into if you want that extra bit of focus and energy to get you through long cardio sessions and/or tough practices.

Value-7/10
      For what Detonate is, the value is alright. At about $40 bucks for 60 servings, it seems like a good deal. If you can get away with taking one a day, it will last you 60 days obviously. However, I took two 6 days a week and it lasted me a little over a month. Not bad, because it is a good product, but could be a tad cheaper. You definitely get what you pay for.

Overall-8/10
      This is no doubt, a good fat burner. It gets you excited to do some cardio which is defintely not always enjoyable, while also giving you the energy to do it. If you want something that can help you lose those last few pounds and/or give you a boost/focus to get through the day, check Detonate out.

• Great Endurance
      • Ingredients
      • Too Sweet
      Assault was the first pre workout i got into as I began seriously working out. I went through two tubs of the 32 serving and had a pleasant experience both times. It is definitely a solid pre workout that gets the job done.

Profile-9/10
      Honestly, a look at the ingredient profile, and you'd think this was the god of pre workouts. You have a 5g serving of Con-Crete, 6g of BCAA's, 4g of Beta-Alanine, 1.5g of Citrulline Malate, and Astragin & Cillunin (to increase absorption) in every scoop. Very impressive ingredients in here.

Mixability-8/10
      I should start by saying a full scoop of As...

Profile-9/10

Mixability-8/10
      I should start by saying a full scoop of Assault is huge. (46 grams to be exact)Yes the serving size is half a scoop, but I'll get to that later in the review. So first workout, I mixed a full scoop of Raspberry Lemonade in with about 16 oz. of water. There was no clumping but there was a somewhat chalky consistency towards the end of the drink. Not a huge deal, but sometimes unsettling.

Taste-7-9/10
      I'll judge the two flavors I've used which are the Raspberry lemonade and the Orange Mango. Both of these flavors were EXTREMELY sweet. If you don't use enough water, you might have trouble getting it down (weird, I know). The R.L. flavor was refreshing. More raspberry than lemonade, as there was no real tartness, but nonetheless, good. The O.M. was good as well. This one however, was unbearably sweet. No matter how much water I used the sweetness was insane. It is what it is, as taste isn't THAT important to me.

Effects/Results-8/10
      The first time I took this was before a shoulder day. I took it about 20 minutes before I hit the weights on an empty stomach. Now this being my first experience with these ingredients I was unsure of what to expect. I didn't and rarely ever get the "tingles" caused by beta alanine. Still, I did feel focused and wanted to crush some weight. The big thing with assault was that whenever I was on it, I felt very strong. This is the only pre workout I've taken where I literally feel 10x stronger than normal. I hit many personal records on assault and made massive strength gains on it. Not insane energy or pumps, but the motivation to lift heavy was good enough for me.

Value-6/10
      On tigerfitness.com you can get 32 servings of Assault for about $35. Now this is SERVINGS. A serving of Assault is half the scoop. IF you use a full scoop you're looking at 16 servings. I should mention I used half a scoop one time and felt nothing whatsoever. One scoop is optimal and Musclepharm should really change the dosing on this.

Overall-8/10
      Being introduced to pre-workouts helped me break plateaus and see some serious gains. On Assault, I was always going up in weight and felt very strong. The taste, at times, was a bit too sweet, but nothing that affected the workout. Not an extreme energy or pump product but a solid pre workout. If Musclepharm would change the dosing on the sccop/serving ratio, I'd make this a staple in my supplement stack.