shredded2424

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+13)
  • Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since February, 2013
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by shredded2424

January 23, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Awesome Profile
    This really is an awesome product; one of, if not, the very best liver care product I have tried, and I have tried more than a few.
    Check out the profile on this baby...

Milk Thistle (Standardized Extract)(Seeds)(Silybum Marianum)(Min. 80% Silymarin) 300mg

Proprietary Herbal-Nutrient Blend: 250mg "
    Check out the profile on this baby...

Proprietary Herbal-Nutrient Blend: 250mg "
    Artichoke (Cynara Scolymus)(Leaf), Beet (Beta Vulgaris)(Leaf), Black Radish (Raphanus Sativus)(Root), Bladderwrack (Fucus Versiculosus)(Whole Plant), Raspberry (Rubus Idaeus)(Leaf), Phosphatidyl Choline (Soy), Pancreatin (Pancreatic Enzymes), Blue Flag (Iris Versicolor)(Root), Cleavers (Galium Aparine)(Aerial Parts).

L-Glutathione (Free-Form)(Reduced) 100mg "
    N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) 100mg "
    Bupleurium (4:1 Conc. Extract)(Root)(Bupleurium Chinense) 100mg "
    Grape Seed (Standardized Extract)(Vitis Vinifera)(Min. 90% Polyphenols) 100mg "
    Dandelion (4:1 Conc. Extract)(Root)(Taraxacum Officinale) 100mg "
    L-Carnitine Base 50mg "
    Scute (4:1 Conc. Extract)(Root)(Sculellariae Baicalensis) 50mg "
    Pueraria (4:1 Conc. Extract)(Flower)(Pueraria Thumbergiana) 50mg "
    Schisandra (Fruit)(Schisandra Chinensis) 50mg
    Barberry (Root Bark)(Berberis Vulgaris) 30mg
    Turmeric (Root)(Curcuma Longa) 30mg "
    L-Methionine 20mg "
    Greater Celandine (4:1 Conc. Extract)(Whole Plant)(Chelidonium Majus)

Really good stuff and it sells for a really good price: you can get a 2-month supply for $20. Can't beat that. I would highly recommend this product it is well worth the green. I like this because unlike most of the other liver products out there which are intended to maintain liver this, this one is also intended to regenerate an unhealthy liver, as well as sustaining the vitality of an already healthy one. Another terrific product from NOW.

January 8, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Nice Taste And Texture
      The reason I gave this a 9 for value is because I got it for about $10 at GNC; if I were forced to pay full price the value would be no where close to that 9.
      Taste: I had the vanilla flavor and thought it was actually quite delightful. I've read a lot of reviews where people are complaining about the taste, and I can't say anything about any flavors other than vanilla, but like I said, the vanilla really was darn good. It had a real good texture as well, sometimes I mixed in milk, other times in water, and either/or the taste & texture was actually quite nice.
      Mixability: No problems at ...
      Mixability: No problems at all mixing. The taste was a little strong for my liking so I would generally add a bit more water/milk than the directions called for, so I think this helped with the mixability and kept the clumping at bay.
      Effectiveness: I can't really vouch for how effective this stuff is because I did not use it as a stand alone type protein. I added this to my diet without removing my staple protein powder, so its fairly hard to judge how effective this stuff was.
      Conclusion: Like I said I've seen a lot of bad reviews on this stuff, and that kind of surprised me because this product was not bad by any stretch of the imagination IMO. I mean, it wasn't the best protein I've ever purchased or anything, but it was no where near the worst either. I would buy this again if the opportunity arrived, if I could find a great price on it like I did. I wouldn't pay $30 for it though, because you don't get too many servings for your buck. In closing, I didn't mind this protein, but probably won't be buying again, simply because there are better powders out there that are more cost effective and taste just as good.

November 27, 2011

Cons:
        Cost: This product is listed north of $50 which is a bit expensive indeed. I recieved mine as a gift so I was not too concerned over the cost, which is why I rated its value as a 7. If I coughed up the fifty-something bucks for it I would've probably gave it a 5-6 on value.

Effecttveness/Ingredient Profile: Personally, I really do like what they put in this stuff.

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (27.7g)
        Servings Per Container: 36

Sodium 0mg
        Total Carbohydrate 12g
        Sugars 0g

Amino Acid Com...

Serving Size: 1 Scoop (27.7g)
        Servings Per Container: 36

L-Histidine 0.3g
        L-Methionine 0.3g
        Ornithine Alpha-Ketoglutarate 0.3g

Karbolyn 12g
        (Patent Pending- Homopolysacharide Derived From Potato, Rice And Corn)
        Kre-Alkalyn 1.5g
        L-Glutamine 2.5g

Proprietary Arginine Blend 1g
        (L-Arginine HCL, Arginine-Alpha Ketoglutarate, Arginine Malate)

O2 & Delivery Complex 1.5g
        (Beta Alanine, L-Norvaline, Citrulline Malate, Betaine Anhydrous, Vitamin B6 Inosine, Inositol Nicotinate, Ginger)

Insulin & Mineral Complex 1.5g
        (Chromium Polynicotinate, 4-Hydroxyisoleucine, Di-Potassium Phosphate, Di-Calcium Phosphate, Di-Sodium Phosphate)

...And there ya have it. Sure, they could beef it up with more Karbolyn, which would be nice. They could add some protein, even though the amino's are in there (and in decent amount). 2.5g L-Glutamine is nice, 3g leucine, 1.5g valine & isoleucine is sufficient. Like that they include Beta Alanine, L-Norvaline, and Citrulline maleate. And to top it off they've put a gram and a half of Kre Alkalyn in it. It really is a pretty good product if you can get past the price. I don't know how effective it would be if used as a pre-workout, but while using it as an intra/post-workout it did great for me. The directions do say to take it before/during/after workouts, but using it like that and you'd only get 12 workouts in a jug, and thats not very ideal for anyone on a budget. I mainly used it as a post-workout and loved it.

Taste/Mixability: This stuff is pretty fine, which I like a lot; never had it clump, and it always mixed like a charm. Usually I would consume this stuff in gator/powerade and thought it tasted incredible, and the few times I mixed it in water I still found NO problem with taste or texture. So I cannot imagine anyone having a problem with that aspect of this product. Price is really the only issue I will have in deciding whether to buy another jug or not.

Conclusion: Great for post-workout. Good for intra-workout, not so great for pre-workout.
        Pricey, but otherwise, very worth it in my opinion.

July 25, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Maximizes Post-workout And Repair
        • Boosts Immune And Recovery Mechanisms
        • Blocks Stress-induced And Post-workout Catabolism
        • Scavenges Ellular Pollution And Rempove Metabolic Waste
        • Helps With Soreness
          ABSOLUTELY love this product. I've heard a lot of people say that they do not like the taste, but boy not me. I mix mine in red gator/powerade and love it. It mixes well for me, and I have never had even the slightst issue with clumping.
          This is the only MusclePharm product I have tried so far; have been meaning to try more but they aren't the most affordable brand out there, which, in my opinion, is okay, because ya usually get what ya pay for. Anyway, I had the fruit punch floavor, and like I stated, had absolutely no problems with it at all. I told my father how much I liked it so he bought a tub, and after trying it, he disliked the taste so much that he gave me his tub!(but he mixed his in water). Anyway, I haven't tried the watermelon or orange-mango flavors but want to. Now onto the actual make-up of the procuct:

((Servings Per Container 30))
          Total Carbohydrates 20g 7%

Glycine, L-Threonine, L-Lysine HCL, L-Phenylalanine, L-Methionine, L-Tryptophan

Recovery Accelerator
          L-Glutamine, L-Arginine, L-Pyroglutamic Acid

Muscle Extend Matrix
          Beta-Alanine, Citrulline Malate, Suma Pfaffia Pariculate) Root), Ginger Extract (Zingiber Officinale)(Root)

Muscle Pharm Recon Anti-Stress And Adaptogen Matrix
          Ascorbic Acid, Phosphatidyl Lecithin Complex, L-Cystine, Dimethylglycine (DMG), Gynostemma Pentaphyllum
          Muscle Pharm Recon Muscle Detoxifier
          Cranberry Extract, Nettle (Urtica Dioica) Leaf, Dandelion (Taraxacum Officinale) Root, Bearberry (Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi) (Leaf), Saw Palmetto (Berry), Bromelain, Astaxanthin Complex

Reload Matrix (Insulinogenic)
          Fenugreek Extract (Containing 4-Hydroxyisoleucine), Gymnema Sylvestre, Vanadyl Sulfate, Chromium Polynicotinate

Some really awesome ingredients in here!! Too many to cover. No wonder this stuff retails at about $60. Anyway, I would most definately recommend this stuff. The only downside in my opinion is that I do not believe this product has any creatine in it, but i really could care less, creatines dirt cheap and the other ingredients in there more than make up for it. Good & safe lifting everyone. (Research before buying)

July 23, 2011

Pros:
           Cons:
          • Great Recovery
          • Appetite Decreased After Consuming
          • Recharges Mind And Body
            Like this product alot. The only thing that I did not like was the fact that I could not find Glutamine on the label, which is one of my favorite supps (especially post-workout), so in my opinion that would be the only drawback to this product.

Taste: I had the Fruit Punch flavor and had absolutely no complaints with the taste of it; maybe just a slight bitterness to it (maybe). The texture is unique, not bad though, just different. Overall tho taste should not be an issue for anyone. Other options include Blue Raspberry and I believe there is a Grape flavor now too on BB.com

Mixabili...

Mixability: Didn't have any problems with mixability at all. The powder is super-fine, and I mean super! which makes for very pleasant and quick mixing sessions, (which is especially nice for someone who mixes it by hand).

Effectiveness: (Ah, now for the category that counts.) I am not someone who is always hopping on the scale or measuring myself on a consistent basis, so I really can't tell you any results based on numbers. What I can tell you is that after a workout, when I would drink this stuff, I am not kidding, its like a guzzled down a magical elixer full of healing juice. (Ok maybe that's a little much). But really after I drank this stuff I felt SOOOO much better: more Restored and rejuvenated. Since there is no glutamine in here (to my knowledge) I would also add in a little of VPX's ultra pure L-glutamine, and between that and the Dark Matter I felt like a new man.

Ingredients: WaxiMAXâ„¢-C3G Low Viscosity High Molecular Weight Osmotic Waxy Maize Starch With Molecular Dispersion Technology

Waxy Maize, Maltoplex-18â„¢ Glucose Polymer, Dextrose, C3G Anthocyanidins

HydroSIZEâ„¢: Multi-Phase Creatine Transport And Cell Volumizing Matrix

InstaPeakâ„¢ (Instant Acting Peak Plasma Concentration Creatine Pyruvate), IntraPhaseâ„¢ (Glucose Bound Creatine Gluconate), MicroTeinâ„¢ (Microencapsulated Sustained Release Creatine Monohydrate), Glycerol Monostearate

ProSYNTHAGENâ„¢: Protein Synthesis Accelerator (Dual Portal Anabolic Amino Acid Infusion)

Free Form Infusioni (L-Leucine, L-Lysine, L-Phenylalanine, L-Threonine, L-Valine, L-Histidine, L-Isoleucine, L-Methionine), Leucroseâ„¢ Peptide Infusion (Leucine-Alanine Di Peptide)

As you can see there is some good stuff in there. I am beginning to like MHP. I have also tried their A-Bomb and T-Bomb II, and like them both a lot too. I would've given it higher than an 8 on value but you only get 20 servings for nearly $40. Even though $2 per serving isn't horrible for something that works really well, there are cheaper alternitives out there, but u get what ya pay for. Would highly recommend this product, and even though it probably isn't the best post-workout supplement, it is decent. Glad I gave it try.

July 16, 2011

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Great Taste. Good Snack
              Obviously these bars are not the ideal protein bar if you are in a cutting phase, since they are a little higher in sugar (24g) and carbs (38g) per bar. But man they do taste just fine to me. Cookies & cream and double fudge are my favorite flavors, and they have a great texture to go along with the good taste. Relatively cheap, $1.50 for 20g protein, although it is not the highest quality protein out there. Anyway, not the greatest bar for building muscle or losing weight, but if you are using them as a snack or something its a much better choice than a snickers or milky way. And at least they throw in a pinch of extra amino acids in there (100mg glutamine & leucine,m 25mg icoleucine & valine). Also they throw in some vitamins and mineralsd, so it is what it is. I like them, theyre a nice change from the real protein bars that start tasting old after awhile. They would be ideal as a snack on a cheat day or something, imo.

June 26, 2011

Inzer is by far the best brand to produce powerlifting equiment and weightlifting gear. Top-notch and top of the life stuff. These wraps are freakin excellent, awesome. Everything I have ever purchased from Inzer has been nothing short of fantastic. There products are durable, rezilliant, and bullet-proof. You will not be disappointed. There stuff is not cheap, but after all, ya get what ya pay for.

April 11, 2011

• Tastes Great
              • Awesome
                I have tried literally hundreds of protein powders through my years and I must say that Muscle Milk holds its own special place in my soul. Aside from wide myriad of flavors available at the consumers disposal, the ingrediants in Muscle Milk is why I chose to buy it. It WORKS! I honestly must vent for a second and say I get so tired of hearing people gripe and grumble and moan and groand and complain about the "taste" of supplements. Hello?! Didn't anyone tell you guys that your not drinking this stuff because it tastes good, if ya want margaritas go get some frikkin margaritas! If you wanna get big and strong, if you wanna be a freak in the gym and outside of the gym, your not gonna get that way by b*****in about your protein's taste. When I started workin out back in the late 90's when I was 14-15 there were no great tasting proteins available like Muscle Milk. Nope, it was plain and simple ole GNC chocholate or vanilla, and if ya didn't like chocolate and if ya didn't like vanilla you were S.O.L. So please, guys, if you can't handle the "taste" of your protein then you shouldn't be lifting weights at all cuz the iron is no place for whiners. (Sorry to be venting but as many reviews as I read where people are boohoo'in about taste i just have to say something. Anyway, back to the Muscle Milk. This stuff is heavenly. Works like a charm. Overall an incrediable product from Cytosport. And the good news...if you don't like one of the flavors you still have another 90 to choose from. Stay safe hitting the iron and don't let the iron hit you back.