shinndigg

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 8 years, and was last online 2 weeks ago

Reviews by shinndigg

7.1
Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!
  May 1, 2018

Cons:
    Shout out to the folks at Redcon1 for hooking up this product to the troops.

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning, or post workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

Ration is a protein blend consisting of one of the fastest absorbing proteins, whey hydrolsate with a rather moderate absorbing whey concentrate. The result is a protein that's ideal for a morning shake or a post workout product. With 24 grams of protein per 35 gram scoop, you end up with about 69% (giggity) protein ratio, not too bad.

Mixability (8/10)

As standard fare for most prote...
    Shout out to the folks at Redcon1 for hooking up this product to the troops.

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning, or post workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

Mixability (8/10)

As standard fare for most proteins now, this product mixed well. A few shakes in a standard shaker yielded a nice smooth shake with no unpleasant lumps.

Taste (9/10)

I sampled cookies and cream, which had always been my favorite flavor of protein, and this did not dissapoint. This was one of my favorite versions of cookies and cream I have tasted. Very delightful flavor, and not over powering and no lingering after tastes. A well done recipe by Redcon with this one.

Effectiveness (7/10)

As any good protein should be, this was a good foundation for my recovery and nutrition. With a decent protein ratio and blend, this product hit the spot for post workout nutrition, or as a way to start the day off well.

Value (8/10)

The best price I found was on Amazon for 68 bucks for a tub of 65 servings, or 96 cents a serving. This is a solid value for a hydrolsate based protein.

Conclusion and Verdict

Ration is a quality protein product that mixes well and tastes great. It hits you with fast and moderate absorbing proteins making it a versitile product. It comes at a reasonable price tag per serving for what you get and will last you awhile. I give it a solid thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

Overall
    (SR paid for product; FINAFLEX did not participate)
      April 22, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Libido Increased
    • Increased Strength
    • Blends
    Thank you to the crew here at SR and Clippy for hooking up this product up to try out. Test boosters are a great addition to most workout regimens and a great way to bust through plateaus and make them glorious gainzz we all seek. A good test booster is like a good ace in the hole.

2 pills taken about an hour prior to workout

2 pills taken about an hour prior to workout

Ingredient Profile (7/10)

The profile on this product is a little obscure to be honest, it features two blends. The first blend is a 120mg blend and is described as a "Lean Mass Matrix" which consists of an ingredient called "Letrosterone", which appears to be a plant extract of some sort. All the googling I did on that leads you back to this product. The other blend is a "Testosterone Matrix" at 550mg consisting of D-Aspartic Acid and Fenugreek. No matter how you slice it the DAA and Fenugreek are just throw ins and nowhere near where a clinical dose should be. So the staple of this is the Letrosterone, which is a relative unknown to me, and the internet too it seems. So the profile itself from the outside looking in doesn't look very impressive.

Effectiveness (9/10)

With the underdosed and unknown elements of this product, I didn't have very high expectations of this product. However I was very pleasantly surprised. My strength shot up noticeably while on this product, pretty much every lift and exercise I did I was able to either up the weight or up the reps on the weight I had capped out at prior. It was nice to get PH-ish type strength gains without having to run all the support supps and PCT. All the good things you experience with a good test booster were also there, more energy, higher sex drive and so on. Although I would categorize this product as more of an anti-estrogen product than a test booster due to the lack of adequate test boosting ingredients, but whatever was in this it worked well for me. I also did not experience any adverse side effects while using this as well.

Value (8/10)

The best spot to grab this from is Amazon at $29.95 for a 30 day supply, or roughly $1 a day. I would gladly pay this to experience more of what I did in my first go around with this. So although it does not appear as much, I think it's holds it's value well with it's performance.

Conclusion and Verdict

Mass 550 from Finaflex is a solid test booster/anti-estrogen/natural anabolic product that will deliver strength and performance gains and help you blast through a plateau. Although it doesn't appear to be much from looking at the label with underdosed and obscure ingredients, it packs a punch when you use it. It's reasonably priced for the results you will experience on this, and is a product I look forward to running again. I give this a big thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
      April 21, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Prop Blends
    • Needs A Few Extras
    • Core Ingredients Under Dosed
    Special thanks going out to the folks over at VMI for the hookup to the TROOPs. It's no secret that prohormones aren't what they used to be in the good old days, but that doesn't mean that support supplements should be watered down too.

Dosage

2 pills first thing in the morning, used alongside my Mass 550 run.

Dosage

2 pills first thing in the morning, used alongside my Mass 550 run.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

Like a good liver support/PH support supplement the formula starts off with milk thistle extract, two kinds in fact for a total of 300mg per serving which is a decent dosage on the lower side of the spectrum. Some other highlights include 200mg NAC or N-Acetyl-L-Cyteine and Kudzu Root, two other liver detox compounds. My readings on NAC lends to suggest a dose of 500mg of this is preferred, so it is possible this product could be underdosed in that regard. Next is 100mg of Tumeric, a anti inflammatory and prostate support herb. It also does appear that this is an underdosed amount as 400mg to 600mg per day is a preferred range for Tumeric. So all the vital ingredients in this product seem to fall a little short of what an effective dose would be. The good news of it is at least the amounts are fully disclosed on the label and not hidden in a blend.

Effectiveness (6/10)

It's hard for me to gauge the true effectiveness of this product for support as I wasn't using a "true PH" and more of a strong natural anabolic, however in terms of general heath I felt pretty good while on this product and did not suffer any side effects or outbreaks of acne which can occur when using test boosters or anabolics. I would say that if one were running a true PH though you would want a product that was a little higher in it's dosages of milk thistle and tumeric, but for a general health product this product would be sufficient as a "maintenance tool" for liver support.

Value (7/10)

The best value I found was at allstarhealth for $15.99 for a 30 serving bottle, or roughly 53 cents per serving. A decent deal for a liver support supplement, but since some of the ingredients are underdosed it drives down the value just a bit in my eyes.

Conclusion and Verdict

VMI Cycle Guard is a inexpensive liver support supplement that is moderately dosed at best, to underdosed across the board at worst. While it could serve as a good liver maintenance supplement, I wouldn't say it's effective to use if you're going to run a PH, even the lighter ones of modern times. I do love a lot of VMI's products, but this one fell flat to me. Regrettably I give this a thumbs down

Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
      April 11, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Improved Recovery
    • Improved Hydration
    • Fully Disclosed
    Sending out a big thanks to the folks over at VMI for providing their product up for review to the TROOPs. A good amino product is worth it's weight in gold to use a clich, but also a truth if you're serious about your workouts and your recovery. Whether you drink yours during your workout like I do or immediately after, a good BCAA product is part of a solid foundation of recovery and growth.

Dosage

1 scoop taken peri-workout.

Dosage

1 scoop taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

This profile is geared more towards an intra-workout in my eyes, starting off with a B Vitamin complex of B6 and B12. Each scoop will give you 7 grams of BCAAs, which is a nice healthy dose and above and beyond what the "standard" is. Next you get 1.25 grams of Betaine for a little performance and endurance boost. While only half of what a sufficient dose would normally be, if you're stacking this with a preworkout that also contains Betaine like I was, then this acts as a nice buffer and addition. To top it all off, you get an electrolye complex known as TRAACS that is included in other VMI products. Electrolytes are a nice little add in for a intra-workout driven product to keep you adequately hydrated. So while not overly complex, this product is above and beyond what a normal BCAA product would be.

Mixture (9/10)

This product mixed very well, especially for a BCAA product. As I normally do I mixed with more water than called for in the directions, so that could have contributed a bit. There was hardly any leftovers in the shaker and no undissolved powder at the bottom .

Taste (9/10)

I got to sample the Pink Lemonade flavor of this product, which is low key one of my favorite flavors. The taste did not disappoint, it tasted like Country Time Lemonade minus the sweetness. I was half tempted to mix in some iced tea and have a real tasty beverage with me at the gym. Even cutting it with more water than normal the taste was still very prevalent.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

Gauging effectiveness of a BCAA product can be a little tricky, as it is more of what I would call a "behind the scenes" kind of supplement. While it won't directly cause you to get swole up, it definitely does the dirty work in helping to aid in recovery of your muscles after a strenuous workout. When it comes to this product, the best thing I noticed was the hydration factor. Definitely quenched my thirst in the gym (except for the yoga pants girls). As far as the recovery aspect goes, this is right in line with what you'd expect from a good BCAA product, no dreaded DOMS or zombie walking for me.

Value (9/10)

The cheapest place appears to be allstarhealth.com at $23.99 for 30 servings, or about 80 cents per serving. This is a pretty good deal for a higher than normal about of BCAA per serving, along with the added goodies you get.

Conclusion and Verdict

VMI Aminogex Ultra is a simple yet effective BCAA product. With a higher than standard dose of BCAAs at 7 grams per scoop and hydration and performance support with electrolytes and Betaine, this is a solid product that garners serious consideration for anyone who wants a good intra-workout drink. Big thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

Thanks to Furious Formulations for sending it out!
      April 4, 2018

• Tastes Great
    • Great Focus
    • No Beta Alanine
    • Avergae Pump
    Special thanks going out to the folks over at Furious Formulations, including the imfamous Furious Pete himself for the hookup on their products to the TROOPs and apologies on my end for the delayed post of this review. Goku Gains is the featured pre-workout of the Furious Formulations line, but does it live up to the reputation of it's furious creator?

Dosage

One scoop taken 20-30 minutes prior to workout.

Dosage

One scoop taken 20-30 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

For the most part, the profile on this product is fully disclosed with only a small portion of it being included in a blend. Major prop points for the disclosure of the ingredients. Highlights of this formula starts off with 4 grams of Citrulline Malate, which is my personal favorite ingredient for pump performance and one of the most highly touted. 4 grams is on the low side of the spectrum as 6 grams is more of the preferable dose for Citrulline, but it is still a decent enough amount. Next on the list is 2.5 grams of Betaine, which is an endurance and performance booster and in the clinically effective dose at 2.5 grams. Next is 1 gram of Taurine for energy support in an adequate amount. 500mg each of Arginine Silicate as "Nitrosigine" and Agmatine Sulfate for added pump support. Each scoop provides 350mg of caffeine and a 175mg Energy Blend featuring DMHA, Teacrine, and Huperzine among others. This is a creatine and beta alanine free product which is a new niche and a little troubling to me since beta alanine is one of my favorite supplements that I believe in, but all in all a decent profile.

Mixture (8/10)

I mixed one scoop with about 10 ounces of water and this product mixed well with no clumping and minimal leftovers in the cup afterwards.

Taste (8/10)

The flavor I had was named "Yummy Gummy Gasms", as clever as the name is, it tastes just as good. It did taste just like a gummy bear or worm would, so they got the flavoring down pat. It was a little on the sweet side for my liking, but with a flavor as such this it is to be expected. A very tolerable and enjoyable taste.

Effectiveness (7/10)

When looking at what I consider the five important things to look for in a preworkout, two right off the bat are kind of at a loss due to this products makeup, being strength and endurance support. No creatine and no beta alanine puts this product behind the 8 ball in my opinion. However it does make up for this in the areas of energy and focus; the 350mg of caffeine and energy blend really do well to get you amped up, even borderline jittery for a very stimulant tolerant person like myself. The focus factor with this product was also superb, anytime I can zone out the girls in yoga pants at the gym I know the focus element of a preworkout is working. As far as pumps go, I would rate them as average. This product could benefit with a little more citrulline or agmatine as the doses are on the lower end of the effective spectrum in my opinion. So while I did miss the tingle and the ear itch from beta alanine, this product did well to make up for it in other areas.

Value (6/10)

The going rate on this appears to be $39.99 off the Furious Formulations website, and on Amazon. Each tub only gives you 20 servings though, so you're looking at right at 2 dollars per serving. Very high cost per serving when compared to other comparable and popular preworkouts.

Conclusion and Verdict

Goku Gains is a product with a cool name, cool flavors, and a cool guy behind the product. When you get down to brass tacks it's a good preworkout for energy and focus, but leaves something to be desired with the exclusions on creatine and beta alanine. This is product that will get you amped up and in the zone, but will come at an elevated per serving price tag. So while I did enjoy my experience with this product, I feel there are too many other viable options for someone like myself out there so I will have give this the "Meh" rating.

March 4, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quality Ingredients
    • Does The Job
    • Flat Taste
    • Slightly Expensive
    Big thanks to Clipper for hooking this up to me as a bounty for my PX-4 review. I was a little tardy on my homework, so hopefully the teacher doesn't mark me off too much for it BCAAs are one of my staple supplements and a supplement I'm always looking for the newest and greatest thing in.

Dosage

One scoop taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

Dosage

One scoop taken peri-workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

This product has one of the more impressive ingredient profiles I've seen in a BCAA/Intra product. It starts off with 5g of Glutamine and 6g of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio in quality fermented form. These hit the benchmarks of what are effective doses for each ingredient. Next on the profile is a "Performance Matrix" of 1g each of Citrulline Malate and Betaine. While these are underdosed amounts, they are good throw ins if you are using a pre-workout with those ingredients already in them, kind of like an insurance policy. To round it all off you get an electrolyte complex for hydration support.
    So this product encompasses all the vital areas I believe make a good intra/BCAA product. If the Citrulline and Betaine were at a higher dose this profile would be near perfect in my eyes.

Mixture (9/10)

Sometimes BCAAs products can end up a little chalky, especially when they have Glutamine in them. With this product however there was zero issue with that. This mixes well with just a few shakes in a shaker cup in about 16 ounces of water that I used.

----Taste (7/10)---
    I sampled the watermelon flavor in this product. The flavor in this was a little flat and bland for me. I did use a little more water than called for in the directions but even so I felt this flavor was a little weak. There was no unenjoyable aftertastes or unpleasantries so this will still get a decent score for taste.

Effectiveness (8/10)

Just like any good BCAA product will do, this assisted in my recovery by helping to reduce soreness and the dreaded DOMS in conjunction with the Glutamine as well. My schedule has been jerking me around a bit, so I was not able to hit the gym with the frequency that I preferred and often had to miss several days in a row at times. Even after workouts on those days I was still feeling fine the next day and able to get at it with the same ferocity once things got back to normal. I don't feel like I got a lot out of the Citrulline and Betaine as there was not an ample amount of either in the product.

Value (7/10)

While you do get a lot out of the product, it is on the pricier side of the spectrum but still in the reasonable ballpark. The cheapest place to find this is for $35.99 on allstarhealth for 30 servings, or roughly $1.20 per serving. Buying bulk aminos and Glutamine would still run you far cheaper per serving, but the convenience factor of having altogether with an added bonus of electrolytes and Citrillune-Betaine combo make this a worthwhile purchase in my opinion.

Conclusion and Verdict

Aminoject is a legit option in the field of Intra/BCAA products, it carries a good lineup of quality ingredients, mixes well, and does an effective job of what a good BCAA product should do. The taste is a little bland, and it will run you a little more per serving than against regular BCAA and Glutamine alone, but this is a quality product that I enjoyed using and will definitely look to use again in the future. This gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval.

Overall
    Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
      February 15, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Relaxation
    • Deep Sleep
    • Affordable
    • Prop Blend
    A big thanks going out to Nature Restore for being a big participant in the TROOP, and providing this and many other products to the peeps on this site. I love to sleep, plain and simple. Whenever I get to lay my head on the pillow is one of my favorite times of my day. Good sleep and good rest is also important to obtaining the almighty gainzz, and helping with your recovery.

Dosage

3 pills about 20 to 30 minutes before bed.

Dosage

3 pills about 20 to 30 minutes before bed.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

The profile on this product starts out with a 300mg dose of Magnesium Glycinate, a 50mg dose of Theanine and a rather hefty dose of Melatonin at 6mg. For me at least, 6mg of melatonin is the highest I want to go otherwise I wake up feeling and acting like a zombie. I'd like to see the Theanine more in the 100 to 200 mg range as that is more of an effective dose. From here, things take a turn for the worse with a proprietary blend. So there is no real way to know for sure how much of each herbs contained in said blend we are getting and it really gums up the works in terms of being able to take a real objective look into what is in the product. So by default I go with the highest score I would ever give a product that features a blend.

Effectiveness (8/10)

Despite what may or may not be in these pills, the thing that is the most important is there in that they worked well. I was able to drift off to sleep easily each night I took this product, got a good rest, and didn't wake up with the zombie like melatonin hangover. I didn't get that "through the whole night" sleep like I've gotten with other sleep aids, but I still could notice it was helping and working.

Side Effects

None noticed.

Value (8/10)

You can grab these on Amazon at $20.95 for a 30 day supply, which is roughly 70 cents per day. Not a bad deal when you consider the price of other sleep aids on the market. For me straight up 3mg tablets of Melatonin are still the best way to get your bang for your buck, but this product is still an inexpensive option as well.

Conclusion and Verdict

Sleepboost is a simple, yet effective sleep aid that will help you relax and get a good nights sleep without being groggy and slow in the morning. Although it does utilize a proprietary blend in it's profile it does provide a good dose of Melatonin, which for me does a lot of the heavy work when it comes to sleep aids. It's a less expensive and effective way to get that extra little assist in the bedroom...sleep wise that it. This product gets a thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

(SR paid for product; Rule 1 Proteins did not participate)
      January 29, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Amazing Taste
    • Decent Content And Ratio
    • Macros Not Ideal For Some
    A special thanks going out to the man, the myth, and the legend himself Clipper for graciously providing this product up to the TROOPs as a donation from one of his bounties. Protein...you love it, I love it, we all use it. Finding the ideal protein is like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, and I got the chance to cash in with this product.

Dosage

One scoop taken either first thing in the morning, or post-workout as need dictated.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

A rather simple makeup for this product. It's a whey protein blend of concentrate, isolate, and hydrolysate, we've seen this a million times. As the old adage goes though; if it's not broken, dont fix it. You get 24 grams of protein per 34 gram scoop, or a 70% protein ratio. These totals are good for both content and ratio per scoop in my opinion and lends to the belief that a decent quality of protein is used.

In all you get 140 calories, 2.5 grams of fat (1.5g sat fat), and 4 carbs (2g sugar) per scoop. Should you use this if you're going to be prepping for a competition? Probably not, but for your average Joe and basic gym bro this product is right in line with what you should expect.

Mixture (9/10)

This product mixes very well and very easily. It's more difficult to find a whey protein that doesn't mix well nowadays it seems. A few shakes in a shaker cup and you are set to go.

Taste (9.5/10)

I sampled the Red Velvet flavor of this protein, and all I can say is WOW! Now admittedly I love Red Velvet cake as it is one of my kryptonites, but this taste is about as close as you can get to the real thing without the sugar crash. In my best Gordon Ramsay voice I would say the taste of this was "Delightful, brilliant, and fantastic". Easily in my top 3 of all time tasting proteins.

Effectiveness (8/10)

Did I make all kinds of gainzz while I was on this protein? No...actually I was cutting...but in all seriousness, I don't think a protein is meant to be something to rely on for such things. A good protein is a foundation for your nutrition and your recovery...and as long as you are getting a good protein content and ratio, you are on the right track and both of those boxes are checked for this product.

Value (8/10)

The best place I spotted this at was Lucky Vitamin, for $43.54 for a 5 pounder, or $19.49 for a two pounder. 62 or 70 cents per serving respectively. The flavor options are limited and don't include the tasty treat that is Red Velvet, but this product is available in a decent price range on most of the popular outlets.

Conclusion and Verdict

Rule 1 Whey Blend is a great option for anyone looking to switch things up a little in their protein lineup. You get a decent protein ratio and content per scoop, a delicious and satisfying taste, and a good value overall. I will definitely be buying another Red Velvet soon, and will likely try more flavors in this down the road. A big thumbs up, and a Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
      January 25, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Appetite Suppression
    • Under Dosed
    • No Thermo Effect
    Big thanks going out to the folks over at Adaptogen Science for providing this product up for review to the TROOPs. On a personal note this review is a landmark for me as it is my 100th product review. It's been a fun and wild ride off and on for the last 7 years for me on this site, and I'm proud to have hit this milestone. Onto the review:

Dosage

1 pill taken first thing in the morning.

Ingredient Profie (7/10)

(All reference of these ingredients is from examine.com and bodynutrition.org)

Dosage

1 pill taken first thing in the morning.

Ingredient Profie (7/10)

(All reference of these ingredients is from examine.com and bodynutrition.org)

From first glance this product seems like a decently put together formula. It starts off with 260mg of caffeine, which is a significant amount to give you a kick for sure.

125mg of Tyrosine is next on the list, which is typically used more for mental/stress support but can also be used to help increase focus which is what I'm assuming they were going for here. At any rate, 125mg seems like a low dose as most research indicates 500mg is the amount you want for substantial benefits .

Next on the profile is 50mg of Coleus Forskohlii, an herb that has shown promise as a fat loss aid. However recommended doses range from the 250-500mg range for this particular ingredient, so it appears to be underdosed in that vain.

50mg of Paradoxine Grains of Paradise is next in the profile, which this ingredient seems to be a paradox...ahh, get it? It's hard to find any substantial research as to what this can do, or how much is an effective dose so it's hard to say if this is beneficial or not. (https://bodynutrition.org/grains-of-paradise)

45mg of Teacrine, or Theacrine is included which is basically a modified version of caffeine which basically adds to the stim effect of this product.

40mg of Bitter Orange extract is used as a fat loss/appetite suppressant. This dose is in line with effective doses in trials.

Lastly to round it out, 2.5mg of Bioperine for absorption support.

So while there is some good in this product, there are certain areas and ingredients that it does seem underdosed in.

Effectiveness (6/10)

The main thing I always want to feel from a thermo is the heat or the core temperature rising...with this I felt none of that. The most I felt was the kick from the caffeine, and the appetite suppression was decent. I was on an intermittent fasting diet while on this product, so I did get to test the strength of the appetite suppression and I would say that it passed. I didn't feel miserable while on those long fasting periods.

As far as weight loss results go, I did manage to lose about 7 pounds overall throughout the course of my two month run on this. I would say this is decent considering it was over the holiday season, although I was stacking with CLA and Carnitine as well as being on previously mentioned intermittent fasting diet. So I feel it was a mixed bag as far as results go.

Side Effects

The only thing I would say is worth noting is I did tend to get headaches more frequently than normal while using this product.

Value (8/10)

The cheapest price I could find was on Tiger Fitness for $35.17 for a 60 count bottle, or 58 cents per serving. Which is a pretty good deal when it comes to thermos, and even if taken twice a day still only puts you at a little over a dollar a day.

Conclusion and Verdict

Furian Xtreme is a thermogenic product that is lackluster in thermo effect, but decent in appetite suppression. It can be effective as part of a well planned out cut, and is available at a good value but I feel like there is better products out there for your buck. My favorite thermo I've tried recently is Radiate from RXS supplements, and I feel that is a better product overall than this one. So unfortunately, I can't give my endorsement on this product but will let it off the hook with a "meh" rating as there are some redeeming qualities to it.

Thanks to Barbender Nutrition for sending it out!
      January 17, 2018

• Good Endurance
    • Good Focus
    • Underdosed In Areas
    • Moderate Pump
    A big thanks to the peeps over at Barbender Nutrition for providing this product to the TROOPs. It's not too hard to find a pre-workout these days, finding a good one however is a much bigger task. Here is how Torque stacked up for me:

Dosage

One scoop, taken 20-30 minutes prior to workout.

Dosage

One scoop, taken 20-30 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7/10)

This profile starts off on a rather high note with 3 grams of Beta Alanine, which is the bare minimum I feel you should take if you're going to use it. Next up is 3 grams of AAKG and 3 grams of Citrulline Malate. Personally I feel they would have been better served ditching the AAKG and going with 6 grams of Citrulline as I feel AAKG doesn't do much for pumps, or at least not as much as Citrulline does. One and quarter grams of Betaine is next in the formula, which is a little underdosed as 2 grams is more of the baseline for an effective dose. 500 mg of Tyrosine for focus support, and this does pack a somewhat moderate dose of caffeine with 280 mg. It falls right in line with the 250 to 300 mg range that I prefer. So while there are some good ingredients in this, it does lack in some areas.

Mixture (8/10)

Pre-workout mixture is a lot like Russian Roulette in terms of if you're going to get a product that mixes fully, with Torque it leans more towards the mixes fully side. Very minimal undissolved powder left over and no lumps or clumps.

Taste (7/10)

I sampled the Watermelon flavor for this product. It was not terrible, but nothing to write home about. It did taste a little on the "chemically" side in my opinion, but definitely palatable and tolerable.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

Here's my breakdown on the 5 points of performance I look at in a Pre-Workout product:

*Strength- No creatine in this formula or anything to truly support strength performance, so this gets a "D" in that category.

*Endurance- An adequate supply of Beta Alanine will help you with muscle endurance, Beta Alanine is one of the few ingredients I truly believe in and hang my hat on, "B+" grade in this area.

*Pumps- Low on the Citrulline side, and include AAKG which I find to be subpar performer when it comes to providing pumps compared to Citrulline or Agmatine. I wasn't blown away with the pumps I got from this, so gets a "C" in this area.

*Energy- A good dose of caffeine that won't tweak you out, but will set you up to throw some weight around. Energy gets a "B" grade.

*Focus- 500 mg of Tyrosine is a sufficient dose for focus. No tunnel vision or Nootropic like effects, but decent focus factor. This gets a "B-" grade.

Value (9/10)

While not widely available, you can get this for a reasonable price at Barbender's website for $26.49 for 30 servings, or 88 cents a serving. This does make for a good baseline product at this price that you could go buy some bulk aminos like Citrulline or Agmatine and creatine to add to this and still come out at a decent per serving price.

Conclusion and Verdict

Torque is a pre-workout product that while decent in some areas, overall is very mediocre and moderate overall. With the tight competition field in the pre-workout arena, this is a product that fades into obscurity without standing out or distinguishing itself. It would be good to use as a base product if you want to add more to it though and is a good value. While far from the worst product I've used, this wasn't good enough for me to give a thumbs up to. So a "Meh" rating from me.