shinndigg

Expert Reviewer

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by shinndigg

I've been fortunate enough to get to try out several of Redcon1's products via the TROOP, this one however I opened up the wallet and spent my own greenbacks on to try out. BCAAs are one of my cornerstone supplements, and probably the supplement I use the most. One of the positives about BCAAs is you can take them pretty much any time and they are beneficial. Here's my breakdown on Breach:

2 scoop mixed with Redcon1's Cluster Bomb and taken as a peri/intra-workout drink. Better known as the "Gym 40".

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

A fairly simple formula with a few twi...

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

A fairly simple formula with a few twists in this product, but sometimes simple is effective. Fully disclosed product label, so bonus points for that. This profile starts off with 5 grams of BCAAs per scoop in the traditional 2:1:1 ratio; 2.5 grams Leucine, and 1.25 grams of Isoleucine and Valine. 1 gram each of Coconut Water Powder and Glycerol for hydration support, 1 gram of Taurine for endurance support and a 400mg electrolyte complex of 240mg of potassium and 160mg of sodium.

I like the simplified approach to this product with the emphasis on hydration; this makes it an ideal intra-workout product.

Mixture (8/10)

As noted above I used this along with Redcon1's Cluster Bomb HBCD carbohydrate product. I mixed them both together with 40 ounces of water in my creation I dubbed the "Gym 40", which was nearly twice the amount of water called for the two products together. Since BCAAs tend to be a more fine powder that dissolves quickly the grit in my concoction I attributed to the HBCDs I was using with this, and I used this on its own a few times as well and it mixed just fine.

Taste (7/10)

I got the Strawberry Kiwi flavor in this product to coincide with the same flavor I got in the Cluster Bomb. Taste overall was decent, but not great. No terrible surprises or lingering aftertastes and the flavoring is mild and not overpowering.

Effectiveness (9/10)

This performed up to par with what a good BCAA should do for you when utilizing as an intra-workout. Improved recovery time and reduced rest breaks during workouts. I was pumping out workouts at or around the 2 hour mark during the course of my use with this product, and I experienced some excellent recovery periods. Definitely felt well hydrated as I was never really thirsty during my workouts, and made adequate stops at the urinal. I rarely ever went over the minute mark for rest breaks. On its own, it's great as a drink to sip on throughout your workout. Combined with Cluster Bomb this made for a superb peri/intra workout mix.

Value (7/10)

When I bought this, it was on a BOGOF at A1. But that deal has evidently come and passed. So the cheapest spot to nab this looks like Tiger Fitness at $32.49 for 30 servings, or $1.08 per serving. A decent price considering all you get, but perhaps slightly on the high side for a BCAA product.

Conclusion and Verdict

This is a legit and solid BCAA product either on it's own or stacked with HBCD or other carb energy source. Provides excellent recovery and hydration, and is easy to mix and drink. This gets a solid thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improves Recovery
  • Hydrates
  • Mixes Well
  • Slightly Expensive

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
One final shout out and thanks to VMI for hooking up the TROOPs with many goodies and products. Who doesn't love a good pump? Very few things can motivate you more than some muscle filling, vein popping, pump action. Here is my experience with Vasogen XT:

Dosage

2 pills, stacked with VMI's K-XR pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

Dosage

2 pills, stacked with VMI's K-XR pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (6/10)

So right off the bat we're lead to do deductive reasoning since the profile in the form of a prop blend. 2 pills is going to hit you with 1250mg of this prop blend which includes: Schizandra Berry Powder, Agmapure Agmatine Sulfate, Pine Bark Extract, Vinitrox, Hawthorne Berry Powder, Sodium Chloride, and Theobromine. All fine and well these ingredients are together in a formula, but there are two problems: 1) We don't know how much we're getting of each ingredient. And 2) By deductive reasoning, the amounts of these ingredients is likely well underdosed. E.g Agmapure, listed as the second ingredient in this blend when a 500mg to 750mg dose is the bare minimum to get any real effectiveness, 1 gram is the magic number so to speak.

So while the profile is good in theory, it's likely lacking in effective dosages.

Dosing (10/10)

These pills were reasonably sized and easy to swallow. No aftertaste or unpleasant surprises after taking these.

Effectiveness (6.5/10)

While I did feel some pumps from this, I was pretty underwhelmed for the most part. I consider a pump product to be a luxury and a non-essential, so if I'm going to use one I really want to feel it. On certain days, namely days I worked biceps or chest I could feel a little more pump than normal. When I was working legs or back, I didn't really feel anything above what a natural pump would feel. The true sign of a good pump product in my eyes is when you can feel it on leg day or back day. Vacularity was slightly above average, definitely not "vein popping" though. So overall rating I'd give for pumps is a D+ since they were inconsistent and not very strong or prevalent.

Side Effects

Value (8/10)

You can grab this on illpumpyouup for $22.95 for 3 servings or 77 cents per serving. Which is not a bad deal for a specialized pump product that isn't a bulk powder like citrulline or agmatine.

Conclusion and Verdict

Overall this product was kind of a letdown in my eyes. While it did deliver some pumps, it was nowhere near what I've experienced with other products, or with just citrulline and agmatine powder alone which is also a better deal financially. So unfortunately this product gets the thumbs down from me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Affordable
  • Craved A Little More Pump
  • Pump Didnt Last Long
  • Vascularity Could Be More Apparent

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
Shout out to the peeps at VMI for providing this product to the TROOPs. Most of us that are chasing that pot of gold they call gainzz at the end of the proverbial rainbow use a pre-workout supplement. They are probably the most popular supplements besides proteins used today. That also means that there are a lot of options out there, so let's see how K-XR stacked up in my eyes.

Dosage

1 scoop roughly about 45 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

Dosage

1 scoop roughly about 45 minutes prior to workout.

Ingredient Profile (7.5/10)

If you are looking for a fully disclosed label, unfortunately you will not find one here. So we get to play the fun game of prop blend deductive reasoning! A full scoop is 7.7 grams, broken down into 3 prop blends. The first one is a 3.3 gram "Intense Pump" blend, consisting of beta-alanine, taurine, and theobromine. From this we can conclude that we are likely not getting a clinical dose of beta alanine, which is 3.2 grams. I wouldn't really consider beta alanine a pump inducing product anyway.

Next up is a "Maximum Energy Blend" at 632.5mg. The one thing we do know from the label is that the caffeine sources add up to 400mg, which is a bananas crazy amount!

Lastly, we get a 503mg "Focal and Cognitive Enhancing" Blend consisting of Choline Bitartrate and Huperzia.

Overall a decent lineup for profile, not the most impressive you'll see around but enough goodies in there to provide some good benefits.

Mixture (7/10)

This product mixes up fairly well, however you will get some undissolved powder and some residue action in your shaker cup from this. The directions called for 6 to 8 ounces of water, I used 12 and still had some leftovers in my shaker.

Taste (8.5/10)

I got to sample the Tropical Punch flavor in this product for my full container, described as a mixture of watermelon, strawberry, and coconut flavors. This was actually a pretty good flavor and made for a tasty little drink before the gym. Like others have alluded to the flavoring is strong with this product, but I found it to be enjoyable. I got to sample the gamut of other flavors offered in this product via samples VMI was nice enough to send along, and all the flavors were good in my opinion.

Effectiveness (7.5/10)

I like to break down pre-workouts into what I consider the 5 important points of performance:

Energy- With 400mg of caffeine, it's hard not to feel the energy with this product. If you have a pulse, you'll get amped up taking this. I would actually wait a little longer after taking this to go to the gym so that I would level off a little bit before hitting the weights. Not for the light at heart for sure. Energy gets an A.

Strength-This is a creatine free pre-workout, so you're not going to see much in the area of strength increase. Luckily for me I was taking Armistane during my run of this product, so I was able to get my strength increases elsewhere. If you're taking a separate creatine, test booster, PH, or ect. This would be a good product to use; otherwise you'll have to rely on good old fashioned tenacity alone to increase your strength. Strength gets a D.

Endurance- This product does have beta alanine, but in all likelihood not an effective dose of it. You still feel the tingles a bit, but not enough to make a profound difference. Endurance gets a C.

Pumps- With no real "N.O." or pump-inducing ingredients, the pump factor in this product is lackluster in my eyes. Although I consider pumps to be the least significant point of performance, if you feel the need to be busting out at the seams you might want to look elsewhere or stack with a separate pump product. Pumps get a D.

Focus- This was the other legitimate thing I felt while using this product, that good old tunnel vision and in the zone feeling. I almost wouldn't recognize or pay attention to the hot girls in yoga pants on the treadmills, that's how I knew the focus factor was legit in this product. Focus gets an A.

Overall Grade for effectiveness: C+

Value (8/10)

The cheapest spot you can grab this in on allstarhealth, $29.99 for 30 servings, I think the math on that one is pretty simple. Not a bad price for a pre-workout, the only knock I would make is that if you're looking for a full spectrum pre-workout experience you would have to buy separate products to complete the cycle.

Side Effects

None to speak of, guess I was lucky on this one compared to others.

Conclusion and Verdict

This was a pretty decent pre-workout in my opinion, it does lack in some areas namely strength and pumps. However it makes up for it in other areas like energy and focus. With that all weighed together I ultimately give it the "meh" rating, although I lean more towards the positive side on this product.
  • Increase Focus
  • Tastes Good
  • Contains Proprietary Blends
  • Weak Pumps Possibly Underdosed

Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!
Many thanks going out to Catalyst by Strength.com for providing their product up to the TROOPs. Everyone is particular to some extent about what kind of protein they want to take. Well add "grass-fed" to the list of seemingly endless options you can have in your protein now. This is my first experience with a grass fed whey, so let's dive in.

One scoop post-workout.

One scoop post-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10)

This product is a whey blend that is mostly isolate, with some concentrate thrown in there as well. You get 24 grams of protein per 30.85 gram scoop, which is roughly 78% protein per scoop, a solid ratio. Only a half a gram of fat and 3 carbs per scoop, so also a fairly pure protein as well. Naturally sweetened with stevia for those who don't like the artificial stuff, and no artificial flavoring. All in all, a pretty solid profile that caters to many who are very specific on what they want in a protein.

Mixture (6/10)

This protein has a very clumpy appearance and tends to stick together when you try to scoop it out, a lot of scoops became heaping scoops. This tends to translate over to when you're mixing it as well. I often ran into some chunks while drinking this. Definitely a far cry from many proteins that are velvety smooth and go down easy.

Taste (7/10)

I decided to go off the board from my usual and got the "West Coast Strawberry" flavor in this product, which for the life of me I don't know why. I typically hate strawberry flavored proteins. So to me this tasted like every other strawberry flavor I've ever hadI'll assume that to mean people who actually enjoy strawberry will like this. I won't knock the score too hard since I have a bias against strawberry flavored proteins, however fans of this flavor should be pleased with this.

Effectiveness (8.5/10)

I guess I'll beat this dead horse with every protein review I do on here, but I believe that a protein powder is a foundation on which to build your nutrition and recovery off of. With that being said, I feel this product does what it's supposed to do in that regard. You get quality protein that absorbs quickly, helps you recover, and leaves you feeling satisfied. As far as the grass fed angle goes, I personally feel it's more gimmick than substance. A quality protein regardless of its source is going to be helpful if everything else is in line for you. I noticed no difference from this than from any other quality protein that I've used in my past. It works and does what it's meant to do, but I guess you can feel a little better about yourself envisioning the cows in the open meadows gnawing on grass instead of corn meal from a trough.

Value (5/10)

On strength.com, and on Amazon, a 30 serving bag runs you $44.95 or roughly $1.50 a serving. The ends don't justify the means in my opinion, you can get just as good of a protein for far less, even half the price per serving if you find a good sale. This is just like buying a $7 orange at Whole Foods. It's still an orangeand this is still a whey protein at the end of the day.

Conclusion and Verdict

This product will deliver all the results you'd expect from a good whey protein. If you insist on spending the extra dollars to get grass fed protein though, then this is an option for you. To me though, this is just another face in the crowd so to speak as far as a whey protein goes. So while it was effective, and in my opinion a good quality product I wouldn't be able to justify the dollars and cents of it to buy this. So it gets the "Meh" rating, with the caveat that it's not a bad product.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • Mostly Isolate
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Clumps

Thanks to Redcon1 for sending it out!

Intro

Big thanks to the peeps out at Redcon1 for the hookup on this product to the TROOPs. One of the big trends in supplements right now are these carb intra-workout supplements, and one of the big buzz-phrases is "Peri-Workout Nutrition". What it basically all means is optimizing an environment for hypertrophy (muscle building, aka gainzz) by consuming proper nutrients before and during your workout. I'm the trendiest guy I know (not really), so of course I had to give this a shot. Here's how it worked for me.

Dosage

One scoop mixed with Redcon's Breach BCAAs and consum...

Intro

Dosage

One scoop mixed with Redcon's Breach BCAAs and consumed during workout.

Ingredient Profile (9/10)

Pretty straight up here, one main ingredient which is "Cluster Dextrin" at 25 grams per scoop. Cluster Dextrin, also known as Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD) is made from the breakdown of starch molecules with enzymes to form new highly branched sugar molecules, thus its name. It provides the energy benefits of a carb supplement without the insulin or blood sugar spike of many traditional carb sources. It's a relatively new supplement, but the more you dive into reading on it, the more you find a lot of professional bodybuilders and fitness gurus alike are using this. Off shoot, here is a good article to read up regarding HBCD: http://mindandmuscle.net/articles/how-to-use-highly-branched-cyclic-dextrin/.

Minimal fillers as each scoop of this is roughly 91% HBCD, and no dyes which is also a big deal nowadays.

Mixture (6/10)

If this product has any flaw, it's in this department. The directions called for 10-12 ounces of water, however I like to add a little more than what is called for with most products. Since I was also mixing this with BCAAs, I made what I called a "Gym 40" 40 ounces of water mixed with my scoop of this product and a scoop of BCAAs. Despite all that water, there was still some considerable grit and undissolved powder with this product. I constantly had to shake this up while using it, so at least it added to my cardio I guess. I give it a little bit of benefit of the doubt considering I was also mixing this with another product.

Taste (7/10)

I had the Strawberry Kiwi flavor in this product. Nothing to write home about, but not the worst thing I've ever put in my mouth. Light flavoring with no lingering aftertaste and very bearable to drink in mass quantity as is called for this kind of product.

Effectiveness (9/10)

For all the hype HBCD gets, I am a believer after using this product. I was also running some Arimistane while on this, and I was doing some long workouts nearing the 2 hour mark. This kept me energized and going the whole way from start to finish. I would start sipping this on my way to the gym, in accordance with good peri-workout nutrition and would chug the last of it before my last sets. This product provided a nice steady source of energy, even as the pre-workout would wear off. I believe this also helped in my recovery as I did not experience any prolonged or significant soreness despite working out each and every day. HBCD has earned a spot as a staple in my supplement regimen now.

Value (8/10)

Best price I've seen for this is on illpumpyouup for $26.95 for a 30 serving tub or roughly 90 cents per serving. Well worth it in my opinion give the experience I had with it. You can buy different HBCD products in bulk for cheaper, but this product is still a decent deal in my eyes.

Conclusion and Verdict

Often times products that are hyped up don't live up to the high bar they set for themselves, however in the case of HBCD and this product I feel it met, and even exceeded my expectations. A big thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
  • Good Recovery
  • Bad Mixability

Thanks to EVLution Nutrition for sending it out!
Big thanks to EVLution Nutrition for hooking this up for the TROOPs to try. Protein blends are a little bit different of an animal in the grand scheme of supplements. With multiple sources of protein that absorb at varying rates, they are ideal for any situation: morning, pre/post workout, in between meals, and before bed. This is the "natural" variation of Stacked Protein, so how does this Stacked Protein stack up?

Dosage: 1 scoop, typically taken first thing in the morning, occasionally before bed time.

Ingredient Profile (8.5/10): This product is a protein blend consisting of whey concentrate, whey isolate, whey hydrolysate, micellar casein, and egg white protein. So this is a very broad spectrum of protein types that include fast, medium, and slow digesting proteins and very well put together. I make a slight gig in the score for being primarily sourced of concentrate, for the 9 grams of carbs that might be on the higher side for people concerned with that kind of thing, and its protein ratio is 64% protein per scoop which is on the low side in my opinion. The natural sweetner is stevia, so those who want a protein without sucralose, this is an option for you.

Mixture (9/10): Mixed this in a shaker with 8 oz of water and it always came out smooth and fully mixed, no issues in this department. Sometimes with blends you can get some clumps, but no such problem for me with this product.

Taste (7/10): Normally I think naturally flavored proteins suck as far as taste goes, with very few exceptions and this product happens to be one of them. Still not as good as an "artificially sweetened" protein, but a nice light flavor without too bad of an aftertaste. A 7 is about as high as I'd ever give a naturally flavored protein, so this is high praise from me.

Effectiveness (9/10): To me, a protein powder is a foundation on which to build your nutrition and recovery process on. It won't be the main reason you build muscle and see results, but it can be a catalyst and a contributing factor. With that mindset in play, I feel this product is ideal for laying that foundation down. You get quality protein sources that will absorb at varying rates and help with your body's protein synthesis. Add in the convenience and diversity of a protein blend, and this product is a solid option to go with for protein supplementing needs. This helped me hit my macros for daily protein and was a nice kick start to my day nutrition wise.

Value (7/10): The cheapest spot on google to find this for the natural version is on bodybuilding.com at $29.99 for 24 servings, or roughly $1.25 per serving, which is a little high even for a blend in my opinion.

Overall though, this is a solid protein and a viable and legitimate option for those wanting a naturally flavored and sweetened protein blend. Though it is a little spendy, it still gets the thumbs up and Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quality Protein Blend
  • No Artificial Sweetners
  • Spendy

(SR paid for product; Primeval Labs did not participate)
A big thanks to our fearless leader and Admin himself Tommy for the hookup on this product. Sleep aids are awesome, because sleep is awesome. Not only are you boosting your recovery and helping yourself grow...but it just feels awesome! This product is also marketed as a two edged sword as a "Anxiety Aid" as well.

Dosage: 3 scoops 20-30 minutes prior to sleep.

Dosage: 3 scoops 20-30 minutes prior to sleep.

Ingredient Profile (7/10): First things first, all the ingredients are fully disclosed. Right off the bat bonus points for that. The first ingredient listed for a full three scoop dose is 3 grams of Taurine. It seems a little odd that something you'd take before bed has that much Taurine in it since you see it in most energy or even pre-workout supplements. However, Taurine is a precursor to GABA, which is a powerful neurotransmitter in the brain and helps with calmness and relaxation. So while this may make some people scratch their head as it did for me, Taurine can be beneficial for relaxation factor.

Next up is 2 grams of Tyrosine, an amino acid shown to produce dopamine and noradrenaline in the brain, as well as decreasing stress and increasing overall mental wellness. 2 grams is a clinically effective dose of this product to reap all its benefits.

Humanofort is the next ingredient in the profile at 300mg, a protein peptide made from chicken egg embryo that can increase hormone and GH release in the body. The research on this is inconclusive and speculative at best I would say.

Threonine is up next in the formula. An essential amino acid used to produce glycine and serine and beneficial for calmness and also for cardiovascular, liver and immune system function. 200mg is in the range of good/effective dosage for this amino acid.

Profile is rounded out with 100mg for 5-HTP, a precursor to serotonin. 5-HTP is helpful for overall wellness. 100mg seems a little on the lower side for dosage, but still decent.

Mixture (9/10): No problems mixing this, I added 3 scoops to about 12 ounces of water in a shaker and had essentially no undissolved powder or grit.

Taste (7/10): The flavor I received for this product was Watermelon. It didn't really taste like watermelon, or anything for that matter as it was fairly bland. The flavor was very light with no lingering aftertaste and was easy to drink.

Effectiveness (6/10): While a lot of the ingredients in this product are beneficial and in sufficient dosages, I just didn't feel much while taking this. My bar for sleep aids is pretty high with some of the ones I have used in the past. I did feel the "calmness factor" that helped me to fall asleep, but I didn't experience any amazing nights of sleep like I have with other products. I don't feel as though this did much to aid in my recovery or aid my sleep at all as I didn't notice any difference from my normal sleep patterns. The one benefit is there is no "hangover" feeling like you can get with melatonin or other strong sleep aids. For me this fell into the "meh" category as far as overall effectiveness goes.

Value (8/10): There is a BOGOF sale at A1 for this at 2 for $39.99. That comes out to 67 cents roughly a serving which is a pretty good deal. Normal retail on its own is around that same price for just one, so if you're looking at getting this go cop it at A1 and get two for the price of one.

So overall, I felt this product was a little underwhelming. While it did provide a calming relaxation that would help my "anxiety" (if I had any), it didn't do much to aid in my sleep. So I give it the "meh" rating, and not a full thumbs down since the formula has the potential to work for some, just not for me.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Calmness

Thanks to Nature Restore for sending it out!
Thanks to the peeps over at Nature Restore for providing this product. This is a review about a supplement for your supplements...whhhhhaaatt, a supplement within a supplement!?!? We're going on an "Inception" inspired, Leo like trip into the product that is Astragin. Grab your little spinny tops, and don't worry, this is all real...just like at the end of the movie (seriously, how did people not get that the end sequence was reality in that movie? He explains before in the...never mind).

Dosage: 1 to 2 pills per day, taken pre-workout and post workout as needed.

Ingredient Profile (9.5...

Dosage: 1 to 2 pills per day, taken pre-workout and post workout as needed.

Ingredient Profile (9.5/10): Astragin is a compound composed of two herbal components; Astragalus membranaceus and Panax notoginseng. As stated in previous reviews on here, it has demonstrated the capability to increase the absorption of amino acids and vitamins as well as reducing inflammation. Some studies have indicated Arginine absorption could increase by as much as 60% when using Astragin. So essentially this is a supplement that works to help you get the most out of the other supplements and vitamins you are taking, what a novel concept!

Most products that utilize Astragin use a recommended 50mg dosage. With this product, you're getting 4 times that at 200mg per pill. A huge dose of this product to maximize its potential.

Mixture (N/A)/Taste (10/10): Well mixture is a moot point with this product since they are pills, and there is no noticeable aftertaste or nasty herbal burps, so pretty straight forward here.

Effectiveness (9/10): So the way I see it with what this product entails, you know it's working if the products you are taking with it are working well. I used a wide range of products while on Astragin; pre-workouts, BCAAs, Creatine, Proteins, essentially the whole gamut of supplements. I used an Agmatine product, Outlift by Nutrex, and Cavalry by Crusader Supplements as pre-workouts and this seemed to heighten the pump aspect of those products, particularly Outlift with its 8 grams of Citrulline. This also seemed to help the endurance with the pre-workouts containing Beta- Alanine.

I also started taking this post-workout with protein and BCAAs and my recovery was on point. Which was helpful since I was working out 6 days a week during most of my run on this. Maybe it was all in my head (Maybe Nature Restore sent their own Leo in to plant it in my head), but I don't find it as a coincidence that I felt a heightened sense of performance and recovery with the products I used while on this.

Value (9/10): For this particular brand of Astragin, the only place a google search yields is its own website at $32.95 for 90 pills. This comes out to roughly 36 cents a serving, so even if you took two a day you'd get a 45 day supply at 72 cents a day, a good deal in my book when you consider you get more out of all the other products you use as well.

In my experience, it was not a dream. Astragin really did seem to enhance the other products I was using along with it. This seems like a worthwhile investment for anyone who wants to improve the ultimate effectiveness of the supplements they use. I like this product, and give it a thumbs up and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!

*Cue spinny top that shutters a split second before the frame goes out*
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Enhanced Pump Feel
  • Improved Recovery
  • Increase Supplement Absorption
  • Possible Placebo Effect

Thanks to Crusader Supplements for sending it out!
A big thanks going out to Crusader Supplements for the hook up on this product as well as a t-shirt, always nice to get free stuff. More and more nowadays we're seeing pre-workouts hit the market with an emphasis on clinical dosages of effective ingredients that are fully disclosed on the labels. This is a trend I'm personally happy to see, and hope that continues to grow.

Dosage: Two scoops 20-30 minutes pre-workout.

Dosage: Two scoops 20-30 minutes pre-workout.

Ingredient Profile (8/10): This product can be taken at one or two scoops; I went with two to get the full experience. To start off a two scoop dose will hit you with 3.25 grams of Citrulline Malate, this is a little low in my opinion as I feel 6 to 8 grams of Citrulline Malate is more of an effective dose. Next up is 3 grams of Beta Alanine. While it falls a little shy of the 3.2 gram "magic number" for Beta Alanine, I feel a dosage between 3 to 4 grams of Beta Alanine is sufficient.

This product utilizes 3 types of creatine; Creatine Magnapower, Creatine HCL, and Creatinol-o-Phosphate for a total of 4 grams per two scoops. While I personally prefer creatine monohydrate, these alternative forms of creatine all show promise as effective strength and endurance builders. My personal experiences with Magnapower have been positive, and is a creatine that I trust now.

Rounding out the profile is 750mg of Agmatine Sulfate, which is a decent amount. Although I've found a dose of 1 gram to be most effective, this is still a decent amount. A generous dose of caffeine at 300mg, and Theobromine and phenylethylamine for nootropic affect.

All in all, a pretty decent profile that is fully disclosed.

Mixture (8/10): I mixed two scoops with about 16 to 18 ounces of water. Most of the powder dissolved, but there was a trace amount of undissolved powder at the bottom of the cup. Not the worst I have ever seen, but definitely noticeable.

Taste (7.5/10): The flavor I received for this product was called "Black Ice", described as a Blueberry/Pomegranate mix. The taste was pretty decent, not overly sweet or bitter. I would actually describe it as a little on the bland side, which I personally don't mind. This was an easy product to chug right before hitting the gym with no nasty lingering aftertaste.

Effectiveness (8.5/10): When considering the overall effectiveness of a pre-workout, I like to look at what I consider the 5 major points of performance: strength, endurance, energy, focus, and pumps.

Strength- With the three forms of creatine this product utilizes, it provided a nice little boost of strength. I was able to gradually increase weight on certain lifts, most notably incline press and dumbbells for curls. I was also able to maintain weight on other lifts such as squats and rows.

Endurance- I love training with Beta Alanine, it's one of my favorite supplements overall to use. Some research I have read suggests that combining Beta Alanine with Creatinol-o-Phosphate can help further increase endurance. My experience with this product leads me to believe that statement. I was training at a little bit of a higher rep range at 6-8 reps on most lifts, and I was able to pump them out and keep coming back for more while using this product.

Energy- Hard not to feel something with 300mg of caffeine, even a hardened stim junkie like myself can feel a little bump with that. I did tend to crash afterwards though, so that is the one drawback.

Focus- I didn't quite experience that "tunnel vision" euphoria you can find at times with a pre-workout sometimes, but the focus factor with this product was decent and noticeable.

Pumps- Pumps I would say were around average. Cirulline and Agmatine are a good combo for pumps, but I feel that with both ingredients on the lower side of the spectrum in dosage the pumps weren't as prevalent as I have felt with other pre-workouts. Still a good feeling and some veins popping, but nothing to rant and rave over.

Value (5/10): The only place I was able to spot this was on Crusader's own website at $59.99. If you take two scoops like I did, which is the only way I feel you'd get any benefit from this product, then you're paying right at about $2 a serving. While I did like this product, that's a super steep price tag to pay. Hopefully this becomes available at major outlets at a more reasonable price.

This is a solid pre-workout that provides some quality ingredients and quality results. It's a bummer that it's not widely available or at a decent price yet though. However this does get a thumbs up from me, and the Shinndigg Seal of Approval!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Strength
  • Good Endurance
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Caffeine Crash

Thanks to RXS Supplements for sending it out!
Shout outs and thanks to the peeps at RXS Supplements for the hook up to the TROOPs. One of the necessary evils in fitness is cutting. I know I personally don't like to do it, and I don't know too many others that do. At the core of any good cutting cycle along with a proper diet of course is a good thermogenic product.

Dosage: 1 scoop typically taken first thing in the morning, also taken pre cardio at varying times.

Ingredient Profile (7/10): So right off the bat I was turned off to the profile since it was all in one big prop blend (booo). The prop blend seems a little small at 2.8 grams considering the vast amount of ingredients listed in it. The top listed ingredient in Acetyl-L-Carnitine which is a well known fat loss aid. A lot of focus/nootropic ingredients with Choline, Theanine, Theobromine, and Noopept. The one thing that is listed is that there is 200mg of caffeine, which is a decent amount for a thermo. This product also utilizes DMHA, which is a powerful stimulant and enhancer, and Alpha Yohimbine for fat loss support.

A lot of the profile looks intriguing; however we don't know exactly what we're getting due to the prop blend, and a lot of it could very well not be at clinical doses due to the small blend size.

Mixture (7/10): Even with the small scoop size of 3.7 grams, and using more than the called for amount of water (I used about 16 oz, opposed to the 6-8 called for in the directions) I still managed to get a little bit of undissolved powder at the bottom of my shaker. I could never get everything to fully dissolve with this product, got pretty gritty to the bottom of the cup.

Taste (5/10): The reason I used so much water was to cut down the flavor of this product, the flavor I received was "Orange Candy". All I have to say is yikesvery strong bitter taste, with lingering aftertaste that wasn't very pleasant either. Normally I don't mind orange flavored drinks or supplements, but this one was pretty rough for my taste buds. This is the only flavor I've seen for this product in my searching, so hopefully they develop another one.

Effectiveness (9/10): So for all this products sins, it makes up for it ultimately in the one area that matters: Performance. The DMHA, Yohimbine, and caffeine are clearly the ingredients that do the work and carry the load with this product in my scope.

Energy/Thermo Affect- With a fair amount of caffeine and the added DMHA, you are not at a loss for energy with this product. I have unconventional methods and means of doing "cardio", I'm very active outdoors and love to go on hikes, I play with my dog at the park every day, and I also play a lot of pickup basketball with some buddies of mine. Taking this before each one of those endeavors always amped me up with plenty of energy to spare. I did tend to lose steam towards the end of the work day on this and would need the lift of my pre-workout to hit the gym in the evenings, so there is a slight crash to this.

I could definitely feel the burn too when this kicked in, I could feel my core temperature rise and I was definitely sweating it out more often than normally. When I would take it in the mornings, I would still feel it hours later when I would show up for work. This product definitely performs in this area.

Focus- With the goulash of focus and nootropic ingredients this contains, it provides decent focus factor. Particularly when I would play basketball I would notice this, I seemed to find guys open more often and had a more conscious though to my shot.

Cravings- This seems to do well in this area. Taking this in the morning paired with a small breakfast shortly after and a fiber filled protein bar always got me through the day without wanting to gnaw my arm off. I was at a pretty low caloric intake during my run of this product and I hardly ever had the urge to snack or binge save the weekly cheat meal or two.

All in all I ended up dropping about 6 pounds from roughly 188 to 182 during my run on this product. I am pleased with the results this product provided.

Value (6/10): This product doesn't seem widely available yet. The only place I've been able to locate this so far is RXS's own website at $69.99 for 45 servings or $1.55 per serving. That's a pretty high price tag no matter how you slice it. Hopefully this will be featured at major outlets soon at a more reasonable price.

So overall, I did like how this product performed. There were smaller nuances that I did not enjoy like the taste and mixture. However this is a solid thermo product, that could become a elite with a little tweaking and disclosure of ingredients. This product does well enough all things considered though to get the thumbs up, and an honorable mention for the Shinndigg Seal of Approval.
  • Noticeable Thermo Affect