sammyboss82

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+37)
  • Was an active member for 3 months, but hasn't been online since March, 2013
  • Low community participation

Reviews by sammyboss82

February 19, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery
  • Good Strength Gains
  • Low Carb For Ckd
  • Instantized Protein For Easy Mixing
  • Low Sugar
    I was looking for a breakfast, between meal, meal replacement (some times) shake to incorporate into my routine. I have 100% WPI Iso Sensation post workout with Vitargo so that is covered.

Mixability/Taste: 9/10
    For a blend protein it mixes fantastic. Banana Cream was awesome, all flavours look tasty. Few seconds in shaker container and all sweet.

Mixability/Taste: 9/10

2 scoops has 60g protein, I tended to dose it at 1-1.5 scoops depending how hungry, or how much protein I needed. 2 scoops was way too much at one time considering it was just added to oats for breakfast / between meals and meal replacement some times.

Formula: 9/10
    Blend proteins with Isolate, Concentrate, Egg Albumen etc. For a blend it mixes very nice and tastes great. Low sugar, Low carb.

Comparison to other blends:
    I have tried MyoFusion, Fusion7, Muscle Milk. They were all good but the quality of Pro Complex takes my vote.

Looking forward to trying other flavours. Good blend / meal replacement, day time protein. Even before bed with added natural peanut butter, cottage cheese in blender.

February 16, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Clean Energy
    • Zero Sugars And Carbs
    • Pricey
    • But Good Servings
    ----Me----:
    ----Me----:
    I enjoy using my supplements from test boosters, tribulus, whey proteins, zma, gaba, pre workouts, fat burners, amino acids at various stages of my training. I heard a lot about this pre workout and had to give it a go. After trying it I had to log my opinion. I have gone through a few pre workouts Jack3d, Black Powder, DY Knox Pump, Mesomorph, Neurocore, Craze, ON Amino Energy, No-xplode, Superpump Max, Xpand, coffee's even done the old red bulls before training trick few times. All had their pro"˜s and con's. I like cycling my pre workouts so I don't get immune to the stimulants and caffeine. I was on Keto so I wanted something strong to pick me up before a session and 0cal 0sugar 0carb etc so my local supplement shop advised me to try this new product on the market because the ingredients looked great with added DAA for pre workout testosterone stimulation, good energy ingredients but also quality nitric oxide pump ingredients too. Also being a big fan of Max Philisaire who was on the BUZZ poster made it an easy decision to say yes :)

Taste / Mixability

: 9/10
    I bought the Red Rasberry flavor, 2 scoop straight up in my shaker bottle with 200mL water, quick shake. No residue around bottle, powder mixed good no clump or hard balls / grains. Took one sip to taste to check for bitter after taste. There was no after taste, not too sweet, yellowie dark colour. Drank the rest, went down no trouble. Taste was not bad for a pre workout, I just have to look back to the no-xplod, knox pump, mesomorph, craze disgusting flavors and after taste. This was easy.

Energy

-: 9/10
    Took this about 20min before session, after about 10-15min I felt up beat, the energy kicking in, picked up my mood and was itching to go train. It didn't come on like a ton of bricks, it just picked up nicely. Energy really kicked in during session, felt like I was flying good energy hit, it really drove me through session and was gee'ing me up to press more and more, it had me in the zone, focus was good and I wanted to just keep training. For example a simple biceps session for me goes for 45min, I trained them for 1hr30min very hard without noticing. I just wanted to keep pressing and pressing. Very similar energy like jack3d, mesomorph and craze, feelsgoodman.

Pump / Vascularity

: 9/10
    In the gym the first thing I noticed after warm up and first exercise was the pump, my veins and vascularity was insane and nice tingles. My working muscles were really pumped up with blood and were swollen. Something dymatize xpand and nutrabolics swollen gave me but at a higher level. The sensation would usually last well after I finished exercising too. This must have good dosages of Agmatine, AAKG and Creatine Nitrate for that pump/vascularity and also good beta alanine dosage for the tingles. I think the betain must be betain nitrate too.

Strength

: 8/10
    The energy from this pre workout made me feel strong, long lasting energy, but clean energy. Not the high smack feeling. I really liked it, I felt like I could keep throwing weights around. I literally was pressing more from feeling good, pumped and highly energized. I am on Keto so testosterone levels are already high with high fats but the DAA and Creatine HCL were doing a great job upping my strength, drive and endurance.

Focus

: 8/10
    This is an important factor when I chose a pre workout, I like to have that focus, in zone feeling. BUZZ was great, training was intense and felt like I was there for business. Great focus and drive. Literally keep training forever.

Dosage / Tolerance

: 8/10
    Tub is 300g and it states 1 serving is 10g. I was told by Tony at my local supplement shop scooper in BUZZ is like 5g, so 2 scoops is 1 serving. 2 Scoops gives you an amazing hit, but if you want a lighter session, just go with 1 scoop and this will last you 60 serves!!

After session feeling

: 9/10
    I was waiting for that crap, come down hit that Craze, mesomorph and no xplod gave me but it never did. Even after 3-4 scoops towards the end I felt fine. I usually train in the mornings, getting through the day was no problem. Even my evening sessions I had no problem with sleep. Similar with MuscleTech Neurocore which I liked and didn't make me come down, the Rhodiola in Neurocore and BUZZ works wonders for that feeling after a workout and also cortisol control.

Overall Effectiveness

: 9/10
    This is a great pre workout, reliable and well worth trying and giving it a go considering there are so many pre workouts out there guaranteed dis n dat, but this BUZZ is the real deal it felt great, long lasting clean energy and hands down anyone else trying this will be impressed. Would definitely try again and use the other flavors. Keen to see what this Blue Magic flavor tastes like. The ingredients say its pomegranate flavor...interesting.

February 12, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Profile
    • Effective
    • Reduces Soreness
      hey guys, I have been taking Glutamine powder on and off.. Over the past couple months I have made it a staple and more consistent.

Reason:
      I have put on some good lean muscle on over the past year and I have come to realize the more you have the more you have to do to preserve.

Taste: 8/10
      Glutamine always has that nutty taste to it, I always add extra to my Whey shakes during the day and also in my intra workout Xtend.

Mix-ability: 7/10

Mix-ability: 7/10
      If I add it to my Xtend it sits on the bottom, will need to keep shaking bottle to mix it through. In saying that it works out perfect because I sip on xtend during workouts which has 2.5g glutamine in it anyway. The last bit i save towards the end when I am about to jump on cardio machine and skull it down with a good hit of glutamine powder to keep me anabolic throughout my 20-30min cardio session post workout.

With my body I have come to realize Glutamine reduces my soreness, and keeps my immune system strong. Whenever I feel like a cold coming on I start taking high doses 50g Glutamine a day and it really helps boost my immune system and I feel great.

Uses:
      Whey shakes / protein pancakes / intra workout / pre cardio empty stomach in mornings / when feeling sick / pre cardio / before bed extra in casein shake.
      I dose it according to my workload, body part worked etc.

Happy? yes, like I said for my body Glutamine works fantastic.

February 5, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Gives You That Dry Look
      • No Bloating
      • Reveals Muscle Definition (if You Have It)
      • Good Price
      • Can Dehydrate You If You Are Careless
      I had something coming up end on the Saturday and I wanted to be dry for. I have been using a fat burner called OxyShred for a couple months which is working wonders targeting my stubborn fat. I am leaner now but really wanted to drop some water. I read some reviews on here and decided to use Xpel. I liked MHP's protein pudding lol so I was familiar with the brand.

Dosage:

Dosage:
      Recommends 4 tabs morning 4 tabs afternoon with a large glass of water and a lot of water during day time. I wake up 5am and in bed midnight due to long days at work and training so I decided to take 4 tabs first thing in morning 4 tabs after lunch and 4 tabs in afternoon. This worked fine considering I took this 4 days prior to needing to be a bit dryer.

-------Water--Drink lots and tapper down
      1st day i drank a lot of water, just kept fluids right high. I was going to bathroom urinating regularly 2nd day same thing 3rd day half of the first couple days
      4th day (on day of needing to be dry) I just sipped water during day. I was still urinating and drying body out of water.

------Effectiveness-- 8-9/10
      On the 3rd day i woke up really really dry, it was obviously working. 4th day I look nice and dry. Obviously it worked a lot better than doing just my extra cardio and lean / calorie deficit routine plus extra green tea. I wasnt urinating as much on day 3 and 4 but I was doing extra cardio and sweating a lot that way plus sauna sessions after weights. The caffeine in this product was a nice kick as well.

-------Value-- 8/10
      Considering some bottles asking for a lot more and promise the world, this product worked fantasti for what I paid for. I only used it for 4 days so I have more spare for the next dry out.

-------Overall-- 9/10
      Would I use this again, Yes. I have half bottle left and I am looking to buying more and doing the whole 10 days properly. Only 4 days and dosing 12 a day worked great for me. I was really dry, and I can confidently say driest I have ever gotten my self down to.

December 20, 2012

• Decreased Recovery Time
      Hey guys, tried Creacore about 2 months ago. 1 tub.

Reason: I have been on a slow cut and I wanted to try something with no water loading, but to give me that extra bit during a flat stage. I was thinking Myobuild but after looking at ingredients, I already take Rhodiola pre training and BCAA (xtend) intra so Creacore was what I needed with strong Creatine HCL and Fenugreek to aid absorption and bio-availability of Creatine HCL.

Taste: 4/10
      Hey guys, tried Creacore about 2 months ago. 1 tub.

Taste: 4/10
      Terrible first week, taking 1 scoop pre training and 1 scoop post workout. Obviously its the Fenugreek making it taste so foul, but after the first week or so and seeing how it started to help it was fine. If spilled outside bottle, smell would stay around for agessss.

Lasted about 6 weeks which was great. That was with taking 1 scoop pre and 1 post.
      In Australia costs about $40 a tub.

I have used monohydrate creapure which was fantastic during bulk, will definitely use again, creatine nitrate (great pumps), which were both fantastic and helped me during various stages of my training. HCL was fantastic as well because I didnt want the water retention of mono creapure and the pumps of nitrate. I noticed during the first week taking it pre gave me a bit of a kick. Focus and extra aggression was good. My recovery times dropped and it just done a fantastic job. I just bought my second tub to give a run again in the new year.

Would I use again? Yes, next week. During any cut/lean bulk stage I would definitely use the creatine HCL / Creacore.

December 18, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Less Soreness
      • Great Bcaa Ratio
      • Poor Mixing In Water
      • Tricky Mixing
      Hey guys, i have used BCAA's for couple years now since training.

Reason:
      Wanted better recovery, less lactic acid build up, eliminate breakdown, electrolytes with 0sugar 0carb 0cal etc.

Background:
      Used Xtend, Amino Freak, Recoup. AminoX to try some of the BCAA's out there.

Mixability: 4/10
      I understand it has 8:1:1 so more Leucine and its fluffy naturally. This makes mixability terrible and leaves residue and frothy. White Blue Rasb was my flavour, I was told other flavours don't have these symptoms?

Taste: 8/10
      Taste was good, fresh. Nothing to complain about. Not overl...
      Hey guys, i have used BCAA's for couple years now since training.

Background:
      Used Xtend, Amino Freak, Recoup. AminoX to try some of the BCAA's out there.

Mixability: 4/10

Taste: 8/10
      Taste was good, fresh. Nothing to complain about. Not overly sweet.

Modern BCAA was my first intra, and I thought it worked good at the time. Better recovery, trained harder for longer. After trying couple other BCAA's I noticed they were slightly better in effectiveness and what BCAA's tell us.

Would I use it again? Maybe, at the moment I am liking this other BCAA's which has worked fantastic for a while now and add 1/2 scoop vitargo (17.5g).

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Safe Sup
      • Libido Increase
      • Plenty Of Morning Wood -- Lovin That...
      • Increased Testosterone
        hey guys, a bit of a review on Now Trib 1000mg. Been on and off this for the past 6 months.

Reason Using:

Reason Using:
        Always stacked it with my test boosters. Was taking 4-6 tabs a day. I weight 90kg at about 8%bf and during my cut cycle 3-4 months ago which carbs were depleted I utilized a test booster and stacked it with Now Trib. Wanted a bit extra out of the booster and a good trib would of helped with my pumps, recovery and obviously libido during flat times of carb low's and feeling flat. Also wanted my appetite to open up little bit considering my metabolism really slowed down during my winter bulk.

Started kicking in pretty soon, libido was kicking, women started to look like super models and erection was popping here and there randomly. Blood pumps were good, was giving my good hardness and also I was taking 1 tab with each meal to open appetite and yes it made me hungrier sooner.

Taste: 7/10
        Has a herbie taste to it, but no issue. After taste was obvious for few minutes but all ok.

Awesome priced especially when you find 2x360 bottles together on special.

Increased Test: 9/10
        The combo with booster and this trib was fantastic, energy at gym was up there and felt strong. Recovery was better and sperm count was high lol

Would I use it again: Yes ofcourse, Always cycle it on and off with test boosters and during stages of my training.

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Good Beginner Protein.
        • Good For Bulking Or For Meal Replacements
        • Helps Promote Good Health
        • Awesome With Milk!
        • Not Enough Protein
        • High Calories
        • A Bit Pricy
        Hey guys, I chose to try muscle milk a while back as a between meal snack, meal replacement sometimes when on the run.

Reason:
        It has 20 mineral and vitamins also lactose free which I dont rely on, but thought it would be light on my stomach. Some carbs/fibre to hold me full. In between meal/meal replacement when I was on run during busy stage of work.

Taste: 7/10
        A lot of people love the taste of MM but I have tried a lot of better proteins. Dont get me wrong it was ok, but maybe not my cup of tea.

Mixability: 8/10
        Mixed fine, no clumps etc but one thing I didn't like about it...

Mixability: 8/10
        Mixed fine, no clumps etc but one thing I didn't like about it was the thickness. I have tried similar products for meal replacement/between meals etc Myofusion, Fusion7 and MM would be the thickest.

Pricing: 5/10
        In Australia MM is very expensive for what it is, blend protien.

In saying all this, I think the product is good for begginers, younger kids who dont eat much for parents to put in blender and make a smoothie for extra protein, vitamins and minerals, and also elderly who cant chew too much meat.

Would I Use again? No, in saying that at this stage of my training I am not using blend proteins, or need meal replacements. Maybe later on when I do need this style I might utilize MM.

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Sleep Well
        • Slightly Expensive
        • Tummy Ache
        Hey guys, quick review on my experience on ZMA's by UN.

Reason: Was in a busy training routine for a while and early wake ups for work so I could feel I needed a better quality sleep and to zonk me out especially training at nights and still feeling energetic while I should be sleeping.

First few weeks it worked fantastic, sleeping really well and waking up fresh and more frequent morning woods.

Sleep: 9/10
        Deep and rested, good quality sleep.

Feeling in stomach: 7/10
        Hey guys, quick review on my experience on ZMA's by UN.

Sleep: 9/10
        Deep and rested, good quality sleep.

Feeling in stomach: 7/10
        I know ZMA's cant be taken with milk/calcium do to similar binding agents so I had to time my ZMA's 45min before my casein shake. Sometimes the ZMA would give me heartburn but worked great in doing what it is supposed to

Tolerance:
        After about 6-8 weeks on it I upped the dosage half way through and towards the end it wasnt the same sleep. Obviously you have to cycle off and on.

Would I use it again: Yes, but give it a good break and use it as you need it.

December 12, 2012

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Pumps
        • Vasodilation
        • Blood Flow
        Hey guys, just went through a tub of Agmatine.

Reason:
        Wanted to take a break from the high stim pre's coming up to Christmas. I trained clean for couple weeks and felt I needed that bit of extra pump, especially now that I am well into my cut and carbs are being monitored.

Taste: 5/10
        Taste is yuk, lol but I scoop throw a scoop in my mouth and chase with water quickly. Not really fussed about taste.

Hey guys, just went through a tub of Agmatine.

Taste: 5/10

I started to utilize it before training for that extra pump. Worked great, awesome pump, good blood flow, it was obvious it was doing what it claimed. Vasodilation and swollen effect was visual.

Duration: 9/10
        1 scoop gave me a good pump for 45-60min. For smaller muscle groups I would take it before training but for larger groups needing larger rest periods, or doing double muscles in one session I would have my Vitargo pre to load muscles with glycogen and use Agmatine 30min into session for a good top up. Worked great!

Energy: 7/10
        Wasnt so much of an energy hit, it did pick me up but and pumps were great

Price: 7/10
        A bit expensive for what it is, but effective when keeping off stims or even adding a scoop to your stim pre's for that extra mad pump. Looking forward to adding this to a new pre in the new year.

Would I buy and use again ? Yes

All in all great product to use when wanting that extra pump, coming off high stim pre's and still need a good pump or not getting that pump from carb depletion/cycling etc.