royalapple

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today

Reviews by royalapple

Overall
Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  May 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Taste Great
  • Fair Price
  • Increased Strength
  • Increased Size
  • Bloat Free
  • Prop Blend

A great tasting, fair priced, and effective product that contains 5 different creatine sources with optimizers in a prop blend.

I want to thank Beast Sports Nutrition for this opportunity. I haven't used creatine consistently for awhile and I thought this was a great time to test a blend.

Starting off is their "Creature 5x Complex" blend containing 5 different creatine sources for a total of 4g.

1. Creatine Monohydrate - the most well known and studied source of creatine. It doesn't seem to be from Creapure which is the purest form of creatine monohydrate, but that's okay.

2. Di-Creatine Malate - this is creatine combined with malic acid. Malic acid alone helps with ATP production, so combining the two makes sense. I like that this is in here.

3. Creatine Anhydrous - this is creatine with the water molecule removed. By removing the water, creatine will be more dominant. I think that's smart to have in here.

4. Crea-Trona (Buffered Creatine) - ever heard of Kre-Alklyn? This is that, yet better. Kre-Alklyn is only buffered with sodium carbonate. While Crea-Trona is buffered with both sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate. This is how it's known as a double buffer creatine. I like that this is in here.

5. Creatine Gluconate - this is gluconic acid and creatine combined. This is a unique creatine. Gluconic acid is derived from glucose, which should help increase absorption for creatine. I think this is smart to have in here.

*I really like the sources selected. I feel this blend hits all angles. Each offer their own unique way in helping ATP production. I don't know the dosing of each, but Creatine Monohydrate is the first ingredient which means it's the highest dosed. This could just be mostly that with the others hanging around, or this could be an accomplished ratio hidden behind a blend. I'll never know. But, I do know it works.

Ending off is their "Creatine Optimizers" blend at 92.5mg containing:

Banaba Leaf Extract
Biotin 1%
Cinnamon Bark Extract as Cinnulin PF
Chromium Picolinate

*I don't feel the need to go into specific details as the point of this blend is to help increase the absorption of the ingredients in this product. Each ingredient in this blend offers their own unique way in aiding in glucose metabolism and insulin sensitivity. This is really smart and always helpful. I really like that these are here to help everything work better.

Taste- it tasted great. It's called Beast Punch and I'm pretty sure it's fruit punch. It tasted how any fruit punch flavor should taste. I usually mixed it in with my aminos which changed things, but it tasted just fine stand alone.

Mixability - it mixes just fine. If you let it sit, then some content will settle to the bottom. A simple re-shake here and there helps that. Or else that last sip is nasty. When mixed with aminos, it mixed just fine.

Dosing - I took two scoops a day. The directions actually recommend two scoops. This is why it's 60 servings. I took two scoops due to the unknown amounts. I just wanted to make sure I was getting what I needed. I took one scoop in the morning with my aminos and another scoop with aminos post workout. On Sundays when I rest, I took 2 scoops in the morning with aminos. I surely will miss doing this.

Despite the blend, this is still 4g of Creatine. And creatine is known to work no matter what the source is. In saying that, this product worked for me. I haven't been on creatine for awhile, so it was nice to be using this. I definitely increased in strength and size. I can tell I have been more "full" lately. When I think creatine, I think ATP-PC System and this definitely helped increase my fatigue threshold. The later I fatigue, the more work I can do. And I have been doing more lately. This product increased my volume through helping me lift heavier and longer. More volume which is more work equals more muscle. Since finishing this I do fear a little that I will lose some progress. That's how good I feel it worked. I'll either purchase this to continue or try others to compare. Either way, since I've been taking this I have seen an increase in my progress.

I see the price ranges from $18-$24. That's a really fair price for how unique the profile is. Can't complain at all about the value.

Side Effects

I had no side effects and I thank that to the Creatine Optimizers. No bloating. Nothing. The optimizers really topped everything off and I appreciate whatever ratio that blend is.

Conclusion

Overall, this product did what it was suppose to do. The last time I used creatine it was just monohydrate. I feel this did an overall better job in helping me gain progress compared to just taking monohydrate alone. Even though you could go cheaper with another product, the price is very fair for the profile. The optimizers bring me confidence as it's nice to have them in there compared to not. Even though this worked, I can't give it a 100% due to the prop blend. Prop blends bother me. Other than that, I definitely recommend.

May 13, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Easy To Mix
  • Good Dosing
  • Taste Great
  • High BCAA

A solid product containing 30g of Whey Protein Isolate.

This was donated to me from my gym that is connected with a church that receives donations from Costco. I have tried many protein powders. Reviewing protein can be tricky, but here I go.

This is not a blend. It's just 30g of Whey Protein Isolate. There are 3g carbs (1g of that is sugar) and 1g of fat for a total of 140 calories.

A solid product containing 30g of Whey Protein Isolate.

- Whey Protein Isolate - digests and absorbs quickly while also providing a rapid rise in amino acid levels. An isolate is between a concentrate and hydrolysate.

In the 30g are 20g EAA in which 6.5g of that are BCAA's. The rest are non essential. There are no amino acids listed in the ingredients which makes me very happy. Overall, no red flags.

Taste - I was given Chocolate Shake. It taste so good. Creamy. Sweet. I like milk chocolate and this taste just like it. 30g of delicious goodness right here.

Mixability - Mixes like a charm. Very easy. No clumps. No issues.

Dosing - I used this in conjunction with my nutrition. I had about 3 scoops a day. It's a one scoop serving size.

It does what a protein needs to do. The fact that it tastes great and mixes easily makes it work better for me as I look forward to drinking it. 30g of protein at 6.5g BCAA's is a solid dose. The scooper is 38g total. Only 8g away from the total protein. I like that. No left over fluff, junk, or spiking.

I used it to maintain my surplus. I used to help recovery. I used it as a snack. I used it before bed. I believe it succeeded in doing the things that I wanted it to do.

I received the 50 serving tub.

Costco sells it for $42.99 @ 50 servings. I think that is a great deal. I'm not really good at values. I wouldn't by 5lbs, I spend my money differently. But, this was free, so I can't complain. I feel this is a good price if one bought it from Costco. Any cheaper...more to ya!

Side Effects

None. No bloating for me. No stomach discomfort or toilet drama.

Conclusion

I know this was a success because I'm sad that I don't have it anymore and hope I receive another donation of this. It really helped. Especially, for being free. For someone paying...it still will help. The price and serving ratio is enough to get the job done for while. It taste great, a joy to drink, and no worries on amino spiking.

May 1, 2018

• High Dosing
    • Effective
    • Transparent
    • Fair Value

A great standalone BCAA product with high and effective dosages.

I want to thank tfsupplements and myogenix for this product. They teamed up for an Instagram giveaway and I won. Usually, I go for amino acid products that contain all 9 essential aminos, but I can't complain since I won. Plus, if I can't have a complete amino product, BCAA's will still do. I eat enough protein so I don't really need these products, but I still enjoy incorporating them.

Sodium - 80mg - salt. very important ion for many functions such ...

A great standalone BCAA product with high and effective dosages.

Sodium - 80mg - salt. very important ion for many functions such as energy production, and hydration.

There are three BCAA's totally 10g total: leucine, isoleucine, and valine, which are all essential amino acids not produced by the body, but needed for survival. What I love about amino acids compared to whole protein is how aminos can bypass the liver; being used by/for the muscle much quicker.

Transparent BCAA dosing:

L-Leucine 6.4g - considered the most important BCAA for protein synthesis. Leucine is responsible for preventing muscle wasting, decreasing muscle fatigue, and energy production. This amount of 6.4g is like double the amount most BCAA products use which is cool.

L-Isoleucine 1.8g - similar to leucine; this BCAA spares other amino acids, aids healing, and increases endurance. This is about 600mg more than the amount other BCAA products use.

L-Valine 1.8g - this BCAA aids repairing tissues, promotes normal growth, regulate blood sugar levels, and supports our nervous system. Like isoleucine this is like 600mg more than other BCAA products.

*each amino above has way more benefits then I listed. They also work together best when taken together. They work even better when taken with the other 6 EAA's. I like the high and effective dosing.

Besides the flavoring and etc, you'll see
      Medium Chain Triglycerides in the "other ingredients"

MTC is a form of saturated fatty acid. These are popular for being used as energy rather than be stored as body fat compared to other dietary fats. I'm not sure how much is in there. If the scoop is 12.5g with 10g aminos and 80mg of sodium (which let's leave out) then that leaves 2.5g left. I would divide it into 2 and say there is 1-1.25g of MTC.

This product doesn't list calories, but 10g of aminos with 1.25g of MTC is about 50 calories per serving if one cares to know.

- Taste - I won Fuzzy Peach Flavor and it for sure tasted like peach. It was smooth and clean. I enjoyed drinking it. Especially, chilled.

- Mixability - It mixed really easily, yet foams slightly that tended to float in a group like fashion on the top. You can see in the photo. It doesn't state micronized or instanized, but mixed great overall. The foam doesn't bother me.

- Dosing - I abuse amino acids, and I'm okay with that. I finished this product in 10 days. 1 scoop a day would last 30 days which means I took like 3 scoops a day.

It works. The first time I took it, I was actually running on low calories feeling a bit sluggish. After drinking this I felt replenished. My energy increased and mood felt better. Most amino acids products do this for me. They are just effective. I use aminos at certain times and this was very helpful. I used it in the morning, between meals, sometimes during training, post workout, and before bed. Very versatile product.

As a straight BCAA product this did its job. I don't prefer BCAA's with caffeine or other ingredients that would make it less versatile. I did stack my current creatine product with this at times as I enjoy killing two birds with one stone. Supplements are used to supplement food, but if used correctly they can help enhance the rate of achieving goals. And this product helped me achieve my goals. I only had it for 10 days and will need more, but for the time I had it...it helped.

This is a newer formula for them under the same name. I see it on bodybuilding.com for $34.99. elixirnutritionalsupps.com has it for $40 at 40% off until 5/4/2018. I feel these price ranges are fair for the dosing and servings. There are so many BCAA products out there with different formulas and dosing, personally, this is a fair value. Not a great value, but a fair value.

Side Effects

Nothing at all. No headaches. No stomach issues. No diarrhea. All good.

Conclusion

Overall this is a great standalone BCAA product. I wouldn't buy it because I would rather spend my money on a complete profile. I would recommend because it's an effective product with high dosing and a fair price tag. Definitely helps one achieve goals.

Overall
      Thanks to MDRN Athlete for sending it out!
        April 25, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Disclosed Label
      • Quick Energy
      • DynamineTeaCrineCombo
      • Determined
      • Great Focus
      • Pharmacist Formulated
      • Proper Doses
      • Great Pumps

Update 05/01/2018:
      Amazon now has this for $34.99. Saving ~$8 since my review.

MDRN Good Job!

I want to thank MDRN for sending me this product for review. When I saw the profile...I knew I had to test it. I've always wanted to try Dynamine and TeaCrine together and this has it. It also has other ingredients that I enjoy such as NALT and AlphaGPC. Here we go.

Fully Disclosed Label - Good Job MDRN!

The first category is called a "VitaBlend" containing 4 ingredients:

- Vitamin C - 300mg - this was a sm...

Update 05/01/2018:
      Amazon now has this for $34.99. Saving ~$8 since my review.

MDRN Good Job!

Fully Disclosed Label - Good Job MDRN!

The first category is called a "VitaBlend" containing 4 ingredients:

- Vitamin C - 300mg - this was a smart move. Vitamin C contains many healing benefits. This also helps increase N.O levels by reducing free radicals. Some don't even use Vitamin C. Good job MDRN.

- Niacin - 30mg - knows as B3. This is a powerful antioxidant and helps burn fat. Also helps cleanse the body from toxins.

- Vitamin B6 - 10mg - this is a very important vitamin that deals with many metabolic productions and breakdowns. Helps break down carbs and helps improve protein synthesis. Most Pre-Workouts use B6 because it's so beneficial.

- Vitamin B12 - 200mcg - this vitamin deals with DNA synthesis and is responsible for the function of blood and nerve cells. Most Pre-Workouts use this as well due to how beneficial it is.

* I can see more Pre-Workout adding Vitamin C making it a "modern" thing to do. The vitamins above have much more benefits than I listed, but overall I approve.

The second category is called a "SwoleMatrix" containing 4 ingredients:

- L-Citrulline - 6g - they chose pure citrulline which I like. This is targeted for the pump and is superior over other N.O ingredients for being able to raise plasma levels longer. 6g is plenty. I like 8g, but that's me just being picky. 6g Citrulline is more than what most use. Most are 8g Citrulline Malate at a 1:1 ratio which is only 4g pure citrulline. This has 6g. Good job MDRN.

- Beta-Alanine (CarnoSyn)- 3.2g - this is your "clinical dose". This is targeted to buffer the burn while training to help train longer. They didn't add Creatine and most are catching on, but I personally think they should of treated Beta how they treated Creatine and not put it in a Pre-Workout. Oh well. I did not get any tingles. Most products don't give me tingles.

- Betaine Anhydrous- 2g - Yummy! I love Betaine. This is used to target the pump, but also has other benefits. I'm glad it's 2g and not 1.5g. MDRN feels this also acts similar to Creatine, so maybe that's why there is none added. Betaine does a great job in pulling water into the muscles.

- Agmatine- 1g - I don't like Agmatine. I just can't mentally find a way to pretend it works for me. I'm glad it's only 1g. I would of preferred Nitrosigine. I asked MDRN why they chose Agmatine over Nitrosigine and they said they found better results with Agmatine. No worries. I understand.

*The "SwoleMatrix" could use a little work personally, but this product is geared towards energy and focus mainly. They do claim "Unrivaled Strength and Pumps"; the pump needed some work to achieve, but I made it happen and it felt great. I feel Nitrosigine or Glycerol would of been a cherry on top leading to "unrivaled pumps".

The third category is called a "NeuroHack Complex" containing 7 ingredients: This is where the product shines the most.

- N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine (NALT) - 750mg- this is an amino acid that helps your body produce neurotransmitters. I thought 350-500mg was doing something, but wow this is higher than what most products use. Regarding the whole NALT vs Regular L-Tyrosine. I understand some prefer Regular, but this worked for me.

- Alpha-GPC - 300mg - mind muscle connection! This is a precursor to acetylcholine by providing choline. This helps me contract harder and lift more. 300mg is a popular dose. Personally, the more the better. I have seen 600mg in one product, but this already has a high amount of NALT, so I'll trust their combination. Plus, it works. This is personally the best choline source to take.

- Methylliberine (as Dynamine) - 250mg - actually 40% of that, but this is a higher than normal dose that is newly being used. This is the main reason I wanted to try this product. Especially, that TeaCrine is involved as well. This is a newly used ingredient that is similar to TeaCrine, but faster acting and short living. It flirts around with our dopamine levels providing quick energy and focus. It's a crash free purine alkaloid that doesn't make the heart race or effect sleep.

- Theacrine - 125mg - actually 40% of that, but this is a popular dose. I'm a fan of TeaCrine. TeaCrine is also a crash free purine alkaloid that doesn't make the heart race or effect sleep. This alone is great. It is last longing and works even better when stacked with Dynamine and Caffeine.

- L-Theanine - 100mg - this has been shown to increase attention. It also keeps the energy clean from caffeine.

- Huperzine A - 50mcg - this is used to prevent the breakdown of acetylcholine. This is a smart move to help enhance the GPC, which means even harder contractions! I love ingredients that help other ingredients. I will say I feel it could be a little higher, but hey it worked.

- Caffeine Anhydrous- 300mg - we all know this. I'm glad it's just one caffeine source. 300mg is a great dose. I like this dose because it's not too high or too low and flows with their claim "Crash-free Energy and Focus". This isn't a stim product, so 300mg balances great with the Dynamine and TeaCrine.

*I love the fact that Dynamine and TeaCrine are both together. I like how high the NALT is even though some would prefer regular Tyrosine. The GPC and Huperzine really work great together for me. Overall, this "NeuroHack Complex" is brilliant and I can see the mind of a pharmacist coming up with it.

The last category is called "Absorption Aid" containing 1 ingredient:

- Black Pepper Extract- 5mg - this is used to help the body absorb the above nutrients more effectively. I like that.

- Taste - It smelt like Cotton Candy and tasted really good. The first two days I got this extreme bitter taste. More than bitter, I can't even explain. It lasted all day. Some say Agmatine, but I've tried Agmatine and never have I had that happen. I even had that happen with products that don't contain Agmatine, but not this bad. It went away, but there were random times I thought I still tasted it. Overall, dislike the bitterness, it tasted great and smooth. I haven't tried any other flavor. I chose Cotton Candy because it's usually a successful flavor and it was. That bitterness just really stood out to me.

- Mixability - It mixes fine overall. No foam. There are some floaters floating around. You can see in the photo. Nothing left on my lips after drinking even though there were floaters, but besides that it mixes easily. Even when I added powdered carbs.

- Dosing - I take one scoop. I have not tried half a scoop. Some feel less may be more. I feel more is more, but I never took two scoops. I took 1 scoop about 30-40min before training in the morning. A 16.2g scoop is a nice size and it was 20 scoops on the dot! Good job MDRN.

This kicks in really fast for me. Like within 5min believe it or not. EVERYTIME. It never failed. This is the fastest working Pre-Workout I've had for sure. No jitters. No shakes. It has to be the Dynamine. I feel really good when I'm on this overall. I train in the morning so I know if something wakes me up. Out of every Pre-Workout I reviewed so far, I would buy this over all them to be honest. But, there are a couple more I want to try to see where this ranks overall.

Since I was so focused I did a good job on getting a pump, even though there is Agmatine. I don't like Agmatine and usually don't respond well to it. I would still like to see no Agmatine and some Nitrosigine or Glycerol. I love the 2g Betaine. Even though I feel the pump could of came more easily...once I got the pump...it felt great.

- Focus & Energy - Within minutes I got in the zone. I just felt ready and determined. I knew what I had to do. Even when I came home. I cleaned the house better and did more on IG this past month more than usual. The Dynamine really kicks in fast and the TeaCrine extended that. The combination is just beautiful. Not many....actually I don't think anyone has combined these 2 ingredients into a Pre-Workout yet. No jitters or shakes. People talk about the TeaCrine and Caffeine combo, well this has a Dynamine, TeaCrine, and Caffeine combo! Dynamine and TeaCrine are not stimulants, so I never had to worry about a sweats or a crazy come down. Even though they act similar to caffeine which is a stimulant, they are not stimulants. Personally it doesn't make sense to take caffeine without TeaCrine and Dynamine after trying this. No it's not tunnel vision, but it's enough to come close without the crash. I enjoy stims, but I also enjoy the way nootropics feel as well.

- Strength & Power - The nootropics like GPC and NALT really increased my mind muscle connection. The Huperzine extended those ingredients which did lead to higher strength and muscle output. I'm big on Choline and this does a good job increasing grip strength and determination. Most of everything in life is all mental, but I noticed a difference. I think I was so focus/determined that I experimented and actually lifted more than I thought. That's another way this Pre-Workout lead me to more muscle output.

- Endurance: I found myself training longer than usual. This also helped me do more outside the gym that helped get me closer to my goals. For instance, I adjusted my calories for some reason this month. I started reading more. All those little things increased my mental state which increased my physical state. Sounds cheesy, but this last month has been fun while taking this. I noticed it made a difference beyond building muscle which is my goal.

- Pump - Again about the pump. I don't want you to think because it took me time to get the pump or that the "SwoleMatrix" could use a little work that I'm going to overall judge harder. If it didn't do everything else, then yes, overall this would of sucked. But, I made the pump happen and could just add ingredients myself. And that's what I did a couple times...I stacked VasoMax and blew up like a balloon. Plus, we are all different. You may get an easy wicked pump, but for me it took work by itself, but that's okay.

At 20 servings this is one of the highest priced products I've seen. I can't blame them for increasing the price a little though. It contains both Dynamine and TeaCrine which some Pre-Workout containing TeaCrine alone cost almost as much. I feel the price is fair for the profile. The NALT is higher than usual as well. I think it's worth the website price of $43 and any discount is a blessing. I see it on Amazon for the same price. This is a fairly new product so there aren't many places to buy it from.

Side Effects

None. No jitters. No shakes. No diarrhea. No unwanted feelings or effects. My sleep was never effected.

Conclusion

Overall, the profile is beautiful and works for me. The "NeuroHack Complex" did an awesome job getting me in the zone and increasing my mind muscle connection. I felt stronger and got more done in and outside the gym. I would recommend it, especially, for the Dynamine and TeaCrine combo. I wanted this specifically for that combo and it did not fail. Even though I think the "SwoleMatrix" could use a little work, the pumps were there. There are a couple other Pre-Workout products that I want to try before knowing where this ranks overall, but this does rank highest out of the preworkout reviews I've done so far.

EDIT/NOTE

I just saw before submitting this, that Yeah Buddy now has both TeaCrine and Dynamine together. I made a statement that this was the only product with both because it was, but now it was the first to have both and some are joining. Thank you for reading.

April 5, 2018

• Eye Catching Bottle
      • Unpleasant Taste
      • Amino Spiked
      • Could Mix Better

25g from a Protein Blend containing slow and fast digesting sources. My thoughts below.

WOW! 25g of protein from 5 different protein sources! That sounds awesome, doesn't it? NOT.

I'm all about the concept and purpose behind this protein powder. It contains a mix of fast and slow digesting proteins. It's a way of hitting all angles. Any protein that is a "blend" is trying to hit all angles with combining both slow and fast digesting protein. My issue with Combat is not the protein blend, but the ingredients list.

Why?

1. This protein blend is not fully disclosed as it doesn't state how much of each protein is creating the 25g. We could assume, but why not just tell us? Most protein products lack transparency, and this is a pure example of a proprietary blend. ProJym breaks down their blend, but NutraBio will always be the way to go when it comes to honesty.

2. I see amino acids included. Amino acids should not be in the ingredients. This is a clear sign of amino spiking. This basically means the 25g of protein in this product isn't as effective as let's say a protein product at 25g WITHOUT amino acids added. On paper it looks the same, but it's not.

A fun clip on amino spiking here: https://youtu.be/Hhnfv9vx_n4

Their blend is a Microfiltered Protein Blend consisting of:

- Whey Protein Concentrate - this is the most popular protein used. Causes a rapid rise in amino acids levels. Considered a fast digesting protein.

- Whey Protein Isolate - this as well will digest and absorb rapidly while also providing a rapid rise in amino acid levels. This contains less fat than a concentrate and can be considered lactose-free by itself.

- Whey Protein Hydrolysate - this is when protein goes through the process called hydrolysis. The reason this happens is to make the amino acids absorb even faster than the 2 proteins above. This would be the fastest digesting protein in this product.

- Micellar Casein - casein is the most dominant protein in milk. It offers a sustained release and increase in amino acid levels. This is considered a slow digesting protein.

- Egg Albumin - this is pretty much egg whites. Eggs contains many essential amino acids. This would be considered a medium digesting protein.

Im cool with blends or solo protein sources. Every product will create what they feel is the "best" combination. I feel this is a nice combination. Again, I agree with the concept, but I would like to see how much each I'm getting.

Taste - I was given Cookies & Cream. I just didn't like it. It wasn't like WOW that's good. I actually don't look forward to drinking it. I like to keep my protein shakes simple....just water and powder. I've had better tasting. I haven't tried any other flavors from this brand. It was really fluffy, like the bottom of a McDonald's milkshake

Mixability - I was using a NutriBullet for weeks and it would just foam. Like a creamy/fluffy foam that was weird to drink. This altered the taste for me. It tends not to mix fully when shaken, but it is easier to down. I have photos. It just doesn't do what other protein powders can regarding taste and mixability (at this flavor)

Dosing - One scoop when I make a shake is all I need. More would be overkill. If I had a bigger blender, I'm sure I could add more water. I would take it post workout, some mornings, and randomly. It can help with your daily protein intake.

It does what a protein needs to do, just not the way I like. It could be more enjoyable. It could be more clean, if that makes sense. It just feels like it has fillers and an unneeded texture.

It did help with my protein intake. It's calories. It also has 2g fat and 5g carbs @ 140 calories. That's just part of a puzzle, protein powders aren't meant to replace food. It would be more effective if it blended in my blender the way I liked. This and a few others just seem to foam and not be "as clean".

I think based off science it would be more effective if it wasn't amino spiked, but at the end of the day protein is protein. For me, it's effective enough, but not the most effective protein on the market. It can be used to build muscle and lose fat.

Costco sells it for $40.99 @ 65 servings. I think that is a great deal. I'm not really good at values. I wouldn't by 5lbs, I spend my money differently. But, this was free, so I can't complain. I feel this is a good price if one bought it from Costco. Any cheaper...more to ya!

Side Effects

None. No bloating for me. No stomach discomfort and toilet drama.

Conclusion

I have been pleased with other protein powders over this one. The labeling and marketing is eye catching. I wish it was fully disclosed while having those amino acids removed from the ingredient list. The texture, taste, and mixability could be better. I wouldn't purchase it. I wouldn't recommend it right away due to the lack of transparency. If you can be more honest, why wouldn't you?

April 1, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Cheap
      • Versatile
      • Great Ingredients
      • Prop Blend

I want to start by saying I think carbohydrates from food will always be more superior. I think carbohydrate supplements are really cool and versatile. Just like protein. There are a lot of carbohydrate supplements out there. It can be tough to choose which one to use, but I want to help make it easier by reviewing Total Carb.

Even though there are so many carbohydrate supplements out there, you can see what's going on by looking at the ingredients. This will tell you the type of carbohydrate being used.

People go crazy over carb sources. Carb supplements are judged...

People go crazy over carb sources. Carb supplements are judged mainly on their type of carbohydrate being used. Some companies are different. Some are the same. Some are the same, yet use different buzzwords. Some are different, yet use the same buzzwords. It can get confusing when buying a carbohydrate powder.

But again, look at the ingredients list and you'll see what's going on. Also read the claims of the product. See if they talk about replenishing quick, slow, or a mixture of both. This will make is easier to assume which carbs are being used.

Total Carb has 4 ingredients under there so called HIGHLY ADVANCED HIGH MOLECULAR WEIGHT GLYCOGEN REPLENISHMENT MATRIX which includes 3 carbohydrate sources and 1 is electrolyte source.

1. Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin - this is probably becoming the most used carb source. Easy to mix. Low insulin response. Doesn't sit in stomach. Fast digesting and absorbing. NutraBio SuperCarb uses this. I like it. I will talk about this more.

2. Rice Dextrin - i enjoy eating rice as food for carbs, so it's nice to see this here. It's rice dextrin, not rice dextrose. Meaning it's like eating brown rice vs white rice :) haha. No but really, some will use rice dextrose rather than dextrin.

3. Potato Dextrin - I enjoy eating potatoes as food for carbs, so it's also nice to see this. Again is dextrin and not dextrose. Some care to know this. I'll explain more.

4. Avocado Powder Extract - this is used as a source of electrolytes. Which I think is awesome. This is how carbohydrate powder differs from food and is versatile. Choosing a carb powder with electrolytes is like choosing fruit. Fruit as a carb source contains more electrolytes than pasta. See the difference?

I would like to know how much of each I am getting. It says 25g total, but there are 22g sugar.

NutraBio doesn't state any sugar content and uses the same ingredient. If I look at NutraBio SuperCarb I would think it's all complex carbs because I see no sugar. I look at Total Carb and see 3g complex carbs. Total Carb just has rice and potato, so is that the 3g complex carbs? Probably.

Same with Redcon1 Cluster Bomb and Gaspari Nutrition GLYCOFUSE. I see no sugar and would assume all complex. Total Carb uses the same source, but most of its total carbs are from sugar. Post Jym Carbs uses dextrose which is all sugar if you were to look at the label. So I feel Total Carb is on the honest side a little more.

The best thing to do is experiment because the semantics can give you a headache. I feel at the end of the day they all do the same thing. They all break down into glucose, just at different rates. But, it would be nice for companies to get more detailed on reading labels on carbohydrate supplements.

Taste - I got unflavored. I think unflavored is more versatile due to having no flavor, but this taste just like some sort of punch! It's unflavored, but taste really sweet! It's really good. Just as good as SuperCarb or any other product. It really makes my protein shakes taste better as well, especially if it's a plant based protein. It even smells good!

Mixability - it mixes just fine, clear, and no clumps or floaters. I took a photo. It mixes just fine with protein and ect when making a shake or whatever. No worries. You can even shake this by hand and it mixes perfectly!

Dosing - it's a 26g scoop for 60 servings. 25g per scoop is good. That's like one packet of oatmeal (carb content wise). I usually do one scoop as that is enough, but 2 scoops is okay. Still taste good. Mixes fine.

It works and does what I need it to do. I use it for a few reason. I use it when I don't feel like eating whole food. I'll use it when I want extra pumps in my PreWorkout. I use it as part of my protein shakes because that's smart. I enjoy carbohydrate powders, they come in handy.

This does give me nice and fuller pumps. Any carbs will do this for me. I'm sensitive. I can't really judge the endurance. I don't use this and expect to have energy, I use this in conjunction with my calories and training.

When I'm low on blood sugar, this puts me back into balance, so it's no placebo. It contains calories and can help achieve your goals such as building muscle or losing fat.

It's effective and does 100% of what I use it for.

This bad boy is cheap. I buy it at Grocery Outlet for like $20 on the dot. It's cheap everywhere else as well. So much cheaper than the prices of like SuperCarb, Glycofuse, and Cluster Bomb. Way cheaper than Vitargo S2. Total Carb is probably the cheapest carbohydrate powder that contains Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin at 60 servings. I think the value is 100%!

Side Effects

None. Nada. Zip.

Conclusion

I really like this product, I like it even more that it's a cheaper product containing Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin with high servings. It's versatile (all can be). It taste, smells, and works great! It is prop blend which I can't give a full 100% for, but I totally recommend this product.

But again, food is more superior.

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Taste Great
      • Light
      • Cheap
      • Sneaky
      • Sugar Alcohol
      • Gums
      • No VeggieFruit Or Enzyme Blend

A few of these were donated to me from my gym. They are connected to a church that receives donations from Costco. They go for around $30 at Costco. Protein is a weird one to review, but I will do my best.

There are 21g of Protein from 3 sources which they call their ORGAIN ORGANIC PROTEIN BLEND which includes:

Organic Pea Protein - this is protein from peas :) that have a great amino acid profile and is easy on the stomach compared to whey. Gluten and Diary free.

Organic Brown Rice Protein - this is protein from rice :) this also has a...

Organic Brown Rice Protein - this is protein from rice :) this also has a great amino acid profile. Also easy on the stomach, gluten and dairy free.

Organic Chia Seeds - chia seeds are tiny black seeds from a plant Salvia Hispanica that also offer a great essential amino acid profile. I'm a fan of chia seeds. They contain a lot of fiber as well. Probably, where the high fiber content comes from.

There are 21g of protein from 3 sources. I will divide it by 3 and assume there is 7g of each protein source. But, that would be 7g of Chia Seeds which is high, so I'm probably wrong. Can't blame me as this is technically a prop blend since they don't disclose the yielding amounts. Pea and Rice Protein are popular plant based proteins as they are gluten and dairy free with numerous of benefits.

There are 15g of Carbohydrate coming from 7g Fiber and 5g Erythritol. That leaves 3g complex carbohydrates. They call the 3g left over "net carbs" which you'll see on the front of the bottle. They state no sugar added, which is true because the sugar content is 0g. But, they use 5g of Erythritol which is a sugar alcohol. Sugar alcohols are a hit and miss. Certain give me stomach discomfort at certain dosages. I don't get a stomach ache with this product, but my mother does when she drinks it. How sad. I've had some organic protein without any sugar or sugar alcohols added. Even though sugar alcohols are a hit or miss, they do make the product taste better (I'll explain more). The Fiber probably comes mostly from the Chia Seeds which also provide protein.

There are 4g of Fat. That can seem high to some, but calorie control is more important than this content. Fats are Carbs are coming from their ORGAIN ORGANIC CREAMER BASE which includes:

Organic Aacia Gum - no idea to be honest. It's a gum. Which has fiber content due to being polysaccharides.

Organic High Oleic Sunflower Oil - this will be part of the reason the fat content is high.

Organic Inulin - a prebiotic fiber

Organic Rice Dextrins - rice carbohydrates, this is probably the 3g of complex (net) carbs.

Organic Rice Bran Extract - bran carbohydrate

Organic Rosemary Extract - no idea why this is here.

As you can see above are mostly Carbohydrate, Fiber, and Fat sources. Food Gums are also a hit or miss. There is one Gum mentioned above and 2 more mentioned coming up. There are organic proteins that don't use any Gums. They simply don't want to risk the potential laxative effects and stomach discomfort that they may cause. Same logic goes for when they do not include sugar alcohols. They don't want to risk the potential side effects from sugar alcohols. This product uses both Gums and one Sugar Alcohol source.

The rest of the ingredients are the sugar alcohol and flavoring, which includes:

Organic Erythritol, Organic Natural Flavors, Organic Alkalized Cocoa, Natural Flavor, Sea Salt, Organic Acacia Gum, Organic Guar Gum, Organic Stevia, Xanthan Gum

What throws me off is the Guar Gum and Xanthan Gum. I've heard nothing good about these Gums. But, whatever. The Stevia probably helps with the taste as well.

Taste - It tastes great. I have creamy chocolate fudge. You can taste the fudge part. It's not chalky or veggie tasting compared to other organic protein powders. It's actually creamy. It's not a nasty chocolate either. Taste healthy. Smells healthy. If that makes sense. I feel it taste and mixes better than most due to the sugar alcohol and stevia. The Erythritol provides some sweetness as well as the Stevia.

Mixability - it mixes just fine. If you let it sit then the ingredients will separate and you will have to reshake. I use a blender to make sure I get a full blend. No chia seeds hanging out. No clumping or foaming. It's not thick either. It's creamy, smooth, and light.

Dosing - It's a two scoop dose to hit 21g. It's a 46g serving size at 2 scoops. Now if you don't know there is a potential chance that there is less than 21g of protein due to the serving size being two scoops.

You can read here to learn more: http://blog.nutrabio.com/2018/02/21/supplement-brands-using-regulations-rip-off-say-aint/

21g is a normal amount for organic protein, but if it's actually 18g that would be really low. I use two scoops because I want 21g of protein. I use like a NutriBullet so adding more would be tough. If I had a big blender I would probably do 3 scoops with some carbs and oatmeal mixed in. I simply mix it with water. Nothing fancy due to the lack of being able to be fancy. They say to take with almond milk or water. They say to take with almond milk because it's dairy free.

It's a protein powder. It claims to be Gluten and Dairy free. This is true. It claims to be sugar free. This is half true. If I was to judge this before getting it free, I would assume I would get major stomach aches and discomfort. I would look at it and dislike that it has a sugar alcohol at a semi high dose. But, it is one of the least harmful sugar alcohols so I give them that. I would drink this postworkout and include it into my protein intake. It does its job and is true to its claim. A little sneaky, but whatever. I don't have any stomach issues with this product even though I thought I would. Someone will. Like my mom. But, I notice no difference in recovery between this and whey proteins. It's only 150 calories per serving which is light. No big deal. I give it an 8 because it does it's job, but could probably be more versatile by removing the gums and sugar alchohol to reach a wider audience. It would of got top score if it didn't claim to the cleanest protein when it's not.

Costco sells it for $30. I get them for free. It has 27 servings. That's a little over a dollar a serving. I've seen this product as low as $20. I think this protein is cheap compared to others. The reason is probably because they use gums and sugar alcohol to cheapen the product, yet still be dairy and gluten free. I would not buy this (I'll explain more below), but I give it a 7.5 for being cheap while proving a good source of plant protein.

Side Effects

No side effects. That doesn't mean you won't have any. My mom does when she tried it. She tried it a week later and it still did. You never know until you try.

Conclusion

They say this is "the cleanest protein you'll ever crave". I disagree. There are "cleaner" organic protein products out there that don't use Gums or Alcohol Sugars. If it's possible to stay away from them, why wouldn't you? This protein is sneaky to me through a couple ways. It takes 2 scoops for a serving. Mhmm. Claims no sugar added, but adds Erythritol even though it's a less harmful sugar alcohol. Mhmm. I would like to see a veggie/fruit and enzyme mix to make this product seem a little better. You can't fool me, but whatever. I'm surprised that it does taste really good and doesn't give me stomach discomfort as I assumed. I would not recommend this product to someone due to the potential side effects. Plus, there are "cleaner" organic proteins products out there. May cost a little more, but we'll worth it. I wouldn't buy this due to my assumption even though I'm wrong, but if I can stay away from those things then I will. I get these free and cannot be picky, so I use it. :) Overall I give this product a 7.5. I could do better by being less sneaky and adding a veggie/fruit blend.

• Increased Day Strength
      • Mental Focus
      • Not Enough Servings
      • Not Enough Pump
      • Diarrhea
      • Limiting With Caffeine That High

I bought this with my own money at Vitamin Shopp. I know about AML through Joe Donnelley who I follow and enjoy. He hyped it up. Saying certain things like how it's leucine free. I still bought it even though I was surprised by how some ingredients have their content amount listed while some don't. So this was like a semi-prop blend that made me think "okay maybe they have something going here, where they can be honest, but protect their golden formula at the same time". I thought they must know something others don't. So I bought it. I got blue raspberry because I like that shii. On a side note.....this PreWorkout has conflicting labels out there. Their website shows a certain label, vitamin shopp shows a certain label, and my bottle in my photos here show something different. I've seen reviews here talk about the ATP. Mine doesn't have ATP. Anyway....on to what's below.

The first category is called ADRENALINE & DOPAMINE ACTIVATORS @ 2.455g total including 4 ingredients: These ingredients are targeted for focus and energy.

1. N-ACETYL TYROSINE - I love this ingredient. I believe in this form over regular tyrosine due to the absorption concept. I'm glad they put this in there. I do not know how much, but below I will try and take a guess.

2. CAFFEINE (400MG) - We all know this. 400mg at the time this came out was one of a few products that had it this high. That's what caught my attention. Plus, Joe Donnelley represents this company and I enjoy him; so I chose this over a couple others. This how the word Adrenaline can be used in the category title.

3. VELVET BEAN (MUCUNA PRURIENS) SEED EXTRACT (STANDARDIZED FOR 40% L-DOPA) - I enjoy L-Dopa. This is a 40% standard. Seems low. Not sure why they didn't go for the 98% Mucuna Pruriens. It's targeted for focus and mood enhancing. This is how they can feel comfortable using the word "dopamine" in the title. Which also makes it sound awesome. I do not know how much is here, but below I will take a guess.

4. BIOPERINE (BLACK PEPPER FRUIT EXTRACT)(95% PIPERINE) - Oh you know, just a little something something to help enhance the effects of the ingredients above. No idea how much is here, but below I will take a guess.

If all 4 of those ingredients equal 2.455g (let's say 2.4g) and caffeine is 400mg then that leaves 2g left. I feel they put 1g of N-Acetyl Tyrosine and 1g of Mucuna Pruriens. Since I rounded down....the rest to round back up would be BioPerine. That's my guess. If so, then those are great dosages in my opinion.

The second category is called NITRIC OXIDE (NO2 & NOS3) ACTIVATORS @ 8.7g total including 4 ingredients as well. These ingredients are used to target the pump.

1. CITRULLINE MALATE (8g) - Now we know the amount, but not the ratio. So let's assume 3:1 which would be 6g Citrulline and 2g Malate. I approve, but didn't get any pumps getting me lost in the mirror forgetting to workout. I probably need some additional ingredients like Glycerol and Nitrosigine.

2. BEET (BETA VULGARIS) ROOT EXTRACT - I'm pretty sure this and Betaine are part of the same family? If not, correct me. But, I believe in beets and their concept towards hydrating cells. I can't complain that this is included.

3. GRAPE (VITIS VINIFERA) SKIN EXTRACT (STANDARDIZED FOR 30% POLYPHENOLS) - Random to me, but they just have a reason for including this. This like an antioxidant with bioflavonoids that I guess help with the nitric oxide?

4. WATERMELON FRUIT EXTRACT - This isn't so random as watermelon is known to contain citrulline. Nice little addition that can help boost the effects of Citrulline Malate.

I see 8g shown for the Citrulline Malate. If the total is 8.7g and CitMal is 8g then that leaves 700mg left. I'm want to say the Beta Vulgaris is at 500mg. Leaving 200mg left. I want to say there is 100mg for both the Grape Skin and Watermelon Fruit. Even though I wasn't lost in the mirror, these are great doses.

The third and last category is called POWER, STRENGTH & ENDURANCE ACTIVATORS @ 11.795g total including 5 ingredients. These ingredients are used for strength, power, and endurance.

1. CREATINE MONOHYDRATE (5G) - I've said it before. I don't think Creatine should be in a PreWorkout. It's best used separately to reap its full benefits, but it's nice that they put 5g of the most researched form of Creatine. 5g is a real nice dose. I feel this is how they can use the word Strength.

2. BETAPOWER (NATURAL BETAINE ANHYDROUS) (2.5g) - I'm surprised this wasn't in the Nitric Oxide category. Betaine has tons of benefits, so it seems AML believes Betaine is geared towards power. I'm glad it's in here. I like 3g, but they have the Beta Vulgaris in the second category which I feel both work great together.

3. BETA-ALANINE (2G) - I don't feel this should be in a PreWorkout as well. Same idea as Creatine. 2g is kinda low if one would add it, but it's also nice for the ones that don't like the tingles. I don't get tingles from this, nor from most products. This is how they can use the word Endurance. Beta buffers the burn allowing you to workout longer.

4 & 5. POTASSIUM & MAGNESIUM CITRATE - These are electrolytes used to help hydrate cells. I feel they help the pump and could of been in the second category.

If Creatine is at 5g, Betaine at 2.5g, and Beta at 2g then there is 2.295g left (let's say 2.3g). There are only 2 ingredients left and if we divide it by both that would be a little over a gram each of Potassium and Magnesium Citrate. That seems really really high. But, whatever.

Taste - It tasted amazing. It's a deep blue raspberry. A little peppery due to the Black Pepper, but I enjoyed the taste. Makes you clench your face with a fresh mouth. I like that feeling.

Mixability - It mixed just fine, floaters just floating around. Not at the top or bottom, just circulating around. It didn't bother me. I will say it started to get clumpy at the bottom in the tub. Weird. Still used it. Just use a scale for accurate dosing. Oh and the clumps do take a little to start breaking down after mixing.

Dosing - I only used one scoop. It has 400mg of caffeine. There is no need to go over that. PreWorkout like this with this high of caffeine are very limiting. But, one scoop is all you need. It is a whopping 26g scoop!

This PreWorkout uses nice buzz words that target the mind. "Dopamine" "Power" "Activators" "Strength". Their website talks a lot about how this helps with strength and power. It doesn't really touch on the pump. They don't even use the buzzword pump much. They do say Nitric Oxide, which I believe this product does help with, but not through a pump. I'll explain.

Pump - They don't say this will give you huge pumps. So I cant complain since it didn't. There isn't much for me to get a pump from. I would think the Beet and Betaine would help compensate for the lack of Citrulline. I didn't get lost in the mirror thinking "wow". But, I did notice some veins popping out. PreWorkout usually don't make me notice any veins, but I do see some when I take this. That's cool to me. It could be the little things like the Grape Skin and Watermelon. Whatever it is, this makes me more vascular looking than pump looking. Which is weird because caffeine is known to be a vasoconstrictor. This is why I try different products, you never know. I feel Nitric Oxide is an appropriate word to use as I noticed a difference in my veins.

Focus & Energy - This will make your heart race. I like that feeling, but it doesn't give you the jitters. I hate the jitters. At 400mg caffeine this does a good job of feeling clean. How can your heart race, yet have clean energy? Well, it did that. No jitters, but I was ready. The focus was great. The energy and focus go hand in hand when taking this product. Usually it's one or the other with PreWorkout, but I felt ready and prepared when taking this. I thank the N-Acetyl Tyrosine and Mucuna Prurien for that. They have to be at the dosages that I assume because I feel just BOOM ready. Like my senses are heightened. Spider-Man.

Power & Strength - I do have great muscle contractions taking this. Something about my veins popping out made me lift more. I was willing to try weight that I knew would break my form, but felt that power to try. Know what I mean? But, it was like a gripping power, not a I'm a god stim power. I felt like increasing my strength because I felt stronger. I don't think it was the Creatine or Beta. I think it's the combination of Betaine, Beet, Grape Skin, Watermelon Seed, and the electrolytes . This product really targets the cells at a molecular level with these extracts and seeds. So it makes sense for it to provide great power and strength.

Endurance - Sure, I guess. The energy, strength, and focus lasted throughout my trainings and about 3 hours later faded. My heart was beating fast for a good 20min, but not in a way that stopped me from "enduring". Endurance is like another word for not giving up. That's on you more than PreWorkout, but this did last throughout my trainings.

I bought this at vitamin shopp because it was local and I wanted it when I wanted it. It was on sale for $39.99. There are only 20 servings. I would pay $40 again, but I wouldn't buy it again. It didn't give me the pump I wanted each time. I don't support prop blends even though I purchased this. You can get more from other products at this price or lower. But, it is a 26g scoop, so they have to price is accordingly. I rate a 5. Even if it was $35, I wouldn't buy.

Side Effects

I did have diarrhea when taking this. Some times worse then others. Weird. Some say it's the CitMal, but I've done higher dosing and I feel fine. Not sure what does it, but I do get the runs when I come home after training.

Conclusion

It made me lift more. That's for sure. The prop blend is confusing. I tried to figure it out as you can see, but it still doesn't make sense. Like I felt due to math that there should be a little over a gram left for both potassium and magnesium citrate, but they have it listed on the top at 520mg potassium and 100 magnesium. Which makes my assumption wrong. I don't know the exact dosages and that bothers me. I didn't get the pump I prefer. Kinda to expensive to buy again for what it does for me. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't for Joe Donnelly talking his talk. The label doesn't impress me by itself. Try it. Tell me what you think. I reccommend it because it did help me more than hurt me :)

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Naturally Sweetened
      • Versatile
      • Clean Focus
      • Taste Good
      • Can Be Used In Many Ways
      • Expensive To Some
      • Price Is A Bit High
      • Norvaline Could Be Higher
      • Not Enough Citrulline

I want to start by thanking PricePlow for this product. I never heard of it before. Once I read the profile, I was interested. This is a very unique product facing away from stimulants. But, don't be fooled. You will still feel it. I'll explain below.

Citrulline Malate: (6g)
      This is used to target the pump. It's a 2:1 ratio so there is only 4g of Citrulline. I prefer no lower than 6g and no higher than 8g. I would of replaced this with 8g pure cit to enhance the pump.

BCAA 2:1:1: (4g)
      This is just a smart move personally. I believe ...

Citrulline Malate: (6g)

BCAA 2:1:1: (4g)
      This is just a smart move personally. I believe in BCAA and the way they bypass the liver allowing the muscles to reap full benefits.

CarnoSyn Beta-Alanine: (4g)
      This is to promote longer workouts by buffering the burn. I've said this before I don't think it needs to be in a PreWorkout. You can get the full effects from Beta by taking it separately. BUT, this product personally seems like it can be taken everyday. I'll explain what I mean more below. Also, 3.2g is the clinical and popular dose. I still didn't get any tingles from this product standing at 4g!

BetaPure (Betaine Anyhdrous): (2.5g)
      This is used to target the pump like Citrilline. I love this ingredient and believe it works. 2.5 is a cool dose, but I like 3g. This with Citrulline are the core reasons one would receive a pump from this product.

Creatine HCL: (3g)
      This is used for many purposes, but I feel it should be taken separately to reach its full effects. Although, if one took this product everyday then I approve because this product is more than a PreWorkout to me. It contains ingredients that can be taken at anytime. I wouldn't mind pretending this is just a BCAA product with added ingredients.

Taurine: (1.3g)
      This is used to target the mind and energy. Since there aren't any stims, they needed to find an alternative way to provide energy. 1.3g is a great dose. Way more than energy drinks. This by itself doesn't due much for me, but stacking it with the next ingredient makes it works better. Or the next ingredient is just awesome!

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: (600mg)
      I love this ingredient. It works! And it's at a higher dose than average. Clash uses 500mg which is awesome, but you don't feel it the way you feel it with this product. I consider this a nootropic. Regular Tyrosine works just as well, but I believe in absorption so the acetylation grabs my attention.

Choline Bitartrate: (500mg)
      I love this ingredient as well! Why? Neurons. Signaling. Contractions. I wouldn't mind this being replaced with Alpha-GPC, but it works just fine. Alpha hits a little harder for me. I'm glad they included this ingredient at such a high dose. They are making up for the lack of "stims".

L-Dopa : Mucuna Pruriens: (70mg)
      I like this ingredient as well. Just not at this dose. I felt 100mg would of changed everything. This is used to target the mind and usually gives a "feel good" response.

L-Norvaline: (60mg)
      This is used to target the pump like Citrulline and Betaine. I feel it's way under-dosed! I wish it was around 100-150mg to help increase the pump. I don't feel this contributes to the pump at this dose.

BioPerine: (5mg)
      Obtained from black pepper fruit to help enhance absorption of the above ingredients. It believe it works.

Taste - The black pepper gave it a little kick, but it tasted like it's name. Strawberry Lemonade. It tasted citrusy. Like lemons. Tasted good enough to finish.

Mixability - It mixes just fine. No floaters. You'll see in my photo that it foams big time, but then it will go away. No worries.

Dosing - I take one scoop. I don't do more because of the Beta. I don't need more than that at one time. I have never done less than a scoop. But, one scoop just does job.

Pump - I judge the pump hard. You will get a pump from this product, but you will have to work for it. It doesn't come easy. That's because there are only 3 pump ingredients. This product isn't geared towards the pump though so I can't complain. It didn't make me look in the mirror forgetting to workout ;)

Muscle Output - My contractions were nice and hard. I thank the Choline for this. Choline gives me great muscle output. Alpha GPC would of gave me more. But, this product contains a great group of ingredients for focus and strength.

Focus - Yes I was focused. No tunnel vision, but I did feel a sense of concentration. It wasn't overwhelming. I was able to switch between thoughts easy. Some PreWorkouts make me think one thing over and over. This gave me a clear concentrated focus. If that makes sense. It contains a good group of ingredients for focus that also rolls over to strength.

Energy - My heart started beating kinda fast after 15min, but then went away real quick. I think it's the Taurine. Energy drinks do that also. At least it didn't last long. The energy wasn't special, but it was there. Just not the way stims do. No jitters. No shakes. Clean. Smooth. Not sustainable, but there.

They have it for sell at $50. It's almost a 25g scoop. $50 seems a bit high. I wouldn't pay no more than $40. I would pay $50 if they removed CitMal and added PureCit. I would pay $50 if they replaced Choline with AlphaGPC. I would pay $50 if Norvaline was at a higher dose. I feel it's at $50 because of the BCAA involved.

Side Effects

None. You may feel the tingles. I didn't, but 4g of Beta is higher than most.

Conclusion

Overall, this product works. It works in different ways. It can act as a way to take a break from stimulants. It can act as a Neuro Based BCAA supplement. It can be an alternative to caffeine. I think this product is versatile. I wish the pump was better. I wouldn't buy it with my own money because I'm so picky. I would recommend, but not at that price. It's versatile and it works. I would love to know how it works for you.

3.0
        March 30, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • High Quality Ingredients
      • Not The Energy I Preferred
      • Great Ingredients And Purity Just Wrong Combination
      • Not Enough Energy
      • Not The Correct Energy To Be Specific
      • Taste Like Medicine

- I would like to thank PricePlow for sending me this product. I was very excited for the longest time to try after the update, but was immediately let down. I'll explain why below.

I would like to start off by saying I'm a huge fan of a long list of ingredients. I feel more is better, but this is not my favorite combination of ingredients even though the list is long.

L-Citrulline: (6g):

L-Citrulline: (6g):
      This is used to target the pump. Personally, it's under-dosed. 8g is my minimum standard. But, I do like how Malate is not involved. I feel it's not higher because of how much other ingredients are involved. Citrulline is my #1 favorite ingredient for pump.

Creapure Creatine Monohydrate: (5g):
      This is known for promoting strength and size; while increasing time under tension. BUT, I don't believe Creatine should be in a PreWorkout. Creatine doesn't work instantly, it takes time for the full effect. I suggest supplementing Creatine separately, unless you are taking PreWorkout everyday containing Creatine. Then so be it. But, most of the time PreWorkout isn't consumed daily and/or doesn't contain enough Creatine to rely on for rest of the day. *This PreWorkout contains a full daily dose.

Betaine Anhydrous: (2g)
      This is known as Trimethylglycine or Beet Root. Betaine has numerous of benefits, but it's used to target the pump like Citrulline. 2g is a popular dose, but I would like to see 3g. This ingredient is my #2 favorite ingredient for the pump. Creatine would be my second one, BUT Betaine is more active then Creatine. Betaine drives water into the cell causing it to swell as does Creatine, but Creatine takes more time for the swelling to occur. Also, Betaine and Choline have a relationship and I LOVE choline. Why? Mind Muscle Connection!

Agmatine Sulfate: (1.5g)
      This is used to target the pump as well. Like Citrulline and Betaine, BUT I don't like it. I've tried it stand alone and nothing happened. No pump. Nothing. I tried as high as 4g and as low as 500mg. Nothing. I knew it was trash when I first took it. It's like it TOOK AWAY the pump. How do I know? The PreWorkout I tried before first trying Agmatine was the SAME profile, just no Agmatine. Plus, I've experimented to know. It simply takes away the pump for me and may for you.

N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine: (500mg)
      This is used to target your mind. And it works! 500mg is a great dose, BUT again the Agmatine took away the feeling. Dymatize used this ingredient at a lower dose and I felt how it's suppose to work. Same goes for TeaCrine. This PreWorkout has be all looks so far.

Caffeine (Anhydrous): (250mg)
      The most popular ingredient that I feel is 50g over-dosed in this product. I'm picky on Caffeine dosing when other stimulants are involved. This product gives me the jitters and I hate the jitters. I would like to see a lower content by 50g, but I'm sure some of you might like the way this makes you feel because I could of said this is a perfect dose if I was a stim junkie. :)

Theacrine (as TeaCrine): (100mg)
      This is a fairly new ingredient being used. It mimics caffeine, but in a more smoother and cleaner way. I still get the jitters from this product, so it seems that TeaCrine isn't working. Or I'm just weird. But, this ingredient does work and makes me feel more uplifted compared to caffeine.

Theobromine: (100mg)
      This is used for energy and mood. Again, it works but I don't feel it like I should when taking this product. Too many conflicting ingredients.

Infinergy Dicaffenine Malate: (68mg)
      This is used for energy like the above 3 ingredients are. I am not experienced much with this ingredient, but it doesn't seem to work for me when taking this product. Infinergy is suppose to be subtle like Theobromine, but I get the jitters when taking this product. You may or may not, but I do.

N-Methyl L-Tyramine HCI: (20mg)
      I feel this is causing the jitters, especially when mixed with Hordenine. Something about these two hanging out bothers me. I don't have much to say about this ingredient as I don't take it much. Plus, every little time I take PreWorkout containing this ingredient the workout seem to suck.

Hordenine HCI: (20mg)
      I love this ingredient because it's been known to help increase muscle contractions. I naturally enjoy trying to squeeze my muscles to their fullest potential, so it's okay if this isn't working when taking this product. I can do what this ingredient does on my own, but it's nice to know it's there.

Beta-Alanine: (3.2g)
      This is used to work out longer by buffering the burn. I believe it works, BUT in a way like Creatine. Beta-Alanine can cause a tingling feeling similar to how a niacin flush feels, but that doesn't mean it's working. It's just a feeling. This product doesn't give me the tingles. Most products don't. I suggest supplementing Beta-Alanine separately. You'll notice more companies not including Beta-Alanine due to the same concept as Creatine.

Sodium (20mg)
      This is an electrolyte. I use it for the pump and appreciate the fact this product contains it. But, it doesn't do anything for me when taking this product.

- Taste - Nope. Don't like it. Fruit Punch is the only flavor I've tried, but it taste like medicine. Just nasty. You know those nasty PreWorkouts? Well this is one of them.

- Mixability - The color is clear and pretty, but there are tons of floaters. When you get to the bottom the taste gets even worse due to the massive amount of floaters hanging out. :/

- Dosing - I take one scoop. One scoop is enough because I get very jittery. I will not go over or under 1 scoop. If I'm going to take less than one scoop, I would rather take a different product.

- I go to the gym with a prepared and ready mind. This PreWorkout takes away my focus and gives me a slight sense of anxiety. I can handle it, but I don't have to. I get jittery. Shakes. No sweats, but I don't like the feeling I get when taking this. You may experience this or you may not, but I do. Regarding the pump, it should be there, but I feel the jitters take away my romance with the pump. I mean the pump is there, but I'm not too excited about it. The jitters do go away about 2 hours after training, but I'd rather not experience them at all. I want to say I was focused, but mainly focused on the fact I felt like a human vibrator.

- I didn't purchase this product. I don't see it on BodyBuilding.com, but I wouldn't pay no more than $40 for this. That's a semi high price. Even though I think this is trash, that doesn't take away from the 22g scoop. Marc put love into this PreWorkout, but personally the wrong combination of 22g. TigerFitness has it cheaper than I would buy it for. That's a plus.

Side Effects

- Jitters. Shakes. Anxiety. And DIARRHEA. I would get diarrhea like every other time taking this. My nutrition was the same each day, but I still got diarrhea.

Conclusion

- It seems I don't have much good to say. I use the word "but" a lot. It doesn't taste good. I don't look forward to drinking it each time just to finish it. The labeling is cool and Marc is awesome, but I just wouldn't buy it or recommend it over other products. If it was free, like it was for me, then yes I will try it. I'm picky, but not out of my mind. I rate this an overall 5 because it's half the PreWorkout compared to others even though the ingredients list is long. I give a 5 for effectiveness because it works, but not in the way I prefer. You will for sure feel this PreWorkout and I'm curious to know what happens, but there are other products I would recommend at similar prices over this one.