rodefeeh

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online 6 months ago
  • Moderate community participation

Reviews by rodefeeh

Overall
Overall
9.5
  September 26, 2018

• Increased Performance
  • Increased Pumps
    I haven't been on SR in a while but thought I'd throw up a review since I logged a tub of VasoBLITZ on another site and had such a good response to this product. I've sampled some non-stim PWOs. The only other non-stim tub I've run is CL White Pipes. VasoBLITZ is a very effective supplement that won't let you leave the gym. You'll definitely experience crazy good pumps after the nitrates build up. About half the time I paired VasoBLITZ with straight caffeine/coffee and the other half with a stim/nootropic PWO which were Vein Nutrition TruStim, CL Orange Brainwash, and EVL ENGN. I had great workouts no matter were my stims came from.

Props for a transparent label. You get a massive dose of Citrulline - 6g, clinical dose of betaine - 2.5g, hefty dose of nitrates in the form of arginine nitrate - 2g, along with calcium lactate - 2g, and vitamin C - 115mg. They definitely weren't skimping on any of the doses here.

I had watermelon. It is not overly sweet, not like a watermelon jolly rancher flavor like you sometimes get. It has a slight creamy finish to it. It was crisp and refreshing. Taste wise, it mixed fine with other fruit flavored supplements. Mixability is fine in 8-10 oz water. Just make sure you shake it for a good 10-20 seconds. I once made the mistake of just giving it a few hard shakes. The dosing is simple, no 1-2 servings. It only says to take 1 serving 30-60 minutes pre-workout. However, you do have to take it daily to get the nitrates to build up. You'll see why in a little bit.

Here are the highlights from my log.
    Endurance benefits will be seen in first workout.
    Benefits definitely build over time and reach their peak at 2 weeks.
    Best pumps are felt at 2 week mark. Pumps will be noticeable in warmups. I once noticed I got a really good lat pump just doing RDLs at 135 lbs during my warmup. Also after 2 weeks, your muscles will feel fuller well after your workout.
    I experienced great pumps even training fasted. I just made sure I had a large bedtime snack the night before.
    With VasoBLITZ, allow for good warmups to really get the blood into the muscles
    Pumps allow for a great mind muscle connection since you can really feel the muscle working.
    I experienced slight strength benefits. Note that I wasn't consciously eating in a calorie surplus to gain mass. Most of my performance increases where seen in sets 2,3, and 4 due to enhanced recovery and endurance
    With the enhanced recovery and endurance, I normally experienced a "freshness" feeling in the second half of my workouts that helped add some good euphoria.
    VasoBLITZ will really help with intense workouts where you are doing supersets, drops sets, and short rest periods. It will make workouts with normal straight sets and longer rest periods feel like a breeze.
    Many times I got the feeling where I did not want to stop with a set and wanted to push past muscle failure with cheat reps and partial reps especially with single joint exercises.
    VasoBLITZ is great for cardio too. The freshness feeling really comes into play during longer runs.

This is a good value IMO. I currently see $35 for 30 servings. Plus there's a BOGO50 running right now.

Side Effects
    Nothing but pumps and increased workout capacity.

Conclusion
    Like I said, I don't have a lot of experience with pump products. But after you let the nitrates build up after 1-2 weeks, you will definitely blow up during your workout. The performance increases in the second half of workouts are undeniable. You'll be able to finish your workouts strong. I wouldn't necessarily position this supplement as a pump pre. It's an all around performance enhancer. I think BuildFastFormula hit the mark on their product claims:
    -Increase the Anabolic Response to Exercise
    -Increase Workout Volume And Endurance
    -Dual Pathway Vasodilators

Overall
    Overall
    8.9
    9.1
    9.5
      August 10, 2015

I'm 5'11'', 180 lbs, 10% bf. I normally like my preworkouts to have 200-300mg of caffeine depending on the other stim goodies. I've been taking E.S.P. off and on now for a couple months. I haven't quite finished a tub yet but wanted to get my review out there before it is potentially taken off of the market since it contains AMP Citrate. It's basically one giant stim bomb that will have you breathing fire. I'm overly sensitive to Yohimbine and never had any negative side effects with this product.

Serving Size 1 Scoop 3.3 grams

Vitamin B3 5 mg 25.000%
    E.S.P. Pre-Workout Proprietary Matrix - -
    Proprietary Blends

E.S.P. Pre-Workout Proprietary Matrix

Beta Alanine Citrate, 1,3,7-Trimethylpurine-2,6-dione, Methyl Pentane Citrate HCl, 3,7-dimethyl-1H-purine-2,6-dione, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Picamilon, Choline Bitartrate, Calcium Gycerol Gluconate, Magnesium Glycerol Gluconate, Potassium Glycerol Gluconate, Sodium Glycerol Gluconate

Lots stimulants and things that are going to make you feel good - caffenine, Methyl Pentane Citrate HCl (AMP Citrate), Tyrosine, Picamilon, Choline Bitartrate. It has Beta Alanine which is always nice. Let just hope it's greater than 1 g since it's a part of a proprietary blend. Normally, I hate proprietary blends but I'll make an exception for this one since there is not too much too it and they tell you how much caffeine there is. 500 mg for a large scoop which comes out to be 165 mg for a small scoop (it comes with a small and large scooper attached together). There is also lots of red dye in the Fruit Punch flavor which I could do without.

Fruit Punch was very good, nothing out of the ordinary. Mixability was great. Knowing my caffeine preferences, I dosed it at 1 3/4 small scoops for a lift and one rounded scoop for cardio. Or for longer cardio days, I would do 1 small scoop 45 minutes prior and half a caffeine pill right before starting. With not many ingredients, it is very flexible with how you dose it.

I found E.S.P. to be extremely effective. It would get me highly stimulated for a workout. I would normally get lots of euphoria. This is the type of PWO where you will feel like running through a brick wall. Even though there aren't really any ingredients for strength, I always had a fantastic workout just because it ramps up the intensity so much for you. I always found myself busting out 1-2 more reps. The AMP Citrate seems to keep me stimulated for several hours after my workout. There was never a crash. For some workouts, I would add 2 g Taurine and 6 g Citrulline Malate, which IMO makes for a great PWO that will have you going for a long time. I haven't had an issue with building up a tolerance to this.

For me this is a great value even if you choose to add some bulk ingredients like I have. It has lasted me a long time. You can get a 90 serving tub from Best Price Nutrition for 31.79. I'm a value shopper, so E.S.P. ranks high here for me.

Side Effects

Turning into the Incredible Hulk.

Conclusion

For someone that is looking for a great value on a highly stimulating PWO, give E.S.P. a try. The intensity it brings is second to known. You can dose it according to you stim tolerance and then add in some bulk ingredients or even a pump PWO. Bottom line, I enjoyed this AMP Citrate containing PWO. Don't hesitate to get some. I would buy this again. Like I said, take it for what it's worth and you won't be disappointed.

August 4, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Focus
    • Endurance
    • Pumps
    • Full Ingredient Doses

I was chosen to log a full tub of Limitless for Magnum. I'm 5'11'', 180 lbs, 10% bf. I normally like my preworkouts to have 200-300mg of caffeine depending on the other stim goodies. I am sensitive to Yohimbine, and thankfully Limitless does not contain it. I used Limitless 4 days a week. 3 days were cardio and weights. 1 day was pure cardio. I normally did cardio first since I'm heavy into triathlon training this time of year. On a few occasions, I lifted first. I never had a workout that was under 75 minutes with a maximum of 110 minutes. Most workouts were extremely intense. So Limitless is all about focus and endurance which is right up my alley. I love getting that zoned in euphoric feeling during a workout. And Limitless supplied ample energy to get me through my long grueling workouts.

Serving Size 1 scoop (19.5g)
    Servings Per Container20

Betaine Anhydrous (Trimethylglycine) 2.5 g

HAPPY BRAIN 1.42 g
    L-Tyrosine
    Caffeine Anhydrous
    Bacopa Monnieri 30:1 Extract (50% Bacosides A&B)
    Choline Bitartrate
    Myristica fragrans (Nutmeg) Seed Extract 10:1 Powder
    GABA

Beet Root Extract (50% Betaine) 500 mg
    Pine Bark Extract (Pinus radiata) 100 mg
    90% Oligomeric Pro
    Chromium 454 200 mcg

The ingredient profile is SOLID. You know what most ingredient doses are. Then I was also told that the caffeine content was below 250 mg and beta-alanine was over 2 g. So the only other thing that you probably care about is creatine content and that appears to be adequately dosed. The 5 g of L-Citrulline is by far the most I've ever seen in a supplement. This probably helped a lot on the endurance side. The caffeine dose was perfect for me. On a few occasions I added 20-40 mg if I was dragging or was in for a long intense workout. I also supplemented with 2 g Taurine since I read that it is important to take Taurine and beta-alanine together. Although it is recommended to space them out a little since they compete for the same receptors.

Taste is only OK. I had the Brazen Black Cherry with a Grape Kicker. Recommended water for mixing is 12-16oz. It was still fairly bland all the way down at 10 oz. I tasted mostly grape. Mixability was fine. Extremely foamy. It never mixed 100% but no big deal to wash the rest down with another ounce of water. It's a fairly big dose at 19.5 g. They certainly didn't pixie dust anything - amen! With doing cardio first, I would drink 2/3 serving 30-45 minutes preworkout. Then drink the remainder during the first half of my cardio reaching full stimulation for my lift. I would take my Taurine right before working out. One time I did intense bike intervals on a full serving and the stimulation was just too much for me to handle. I was told "it has accelerators & mental focus agents that make this feel stronger at times." And let me tell you, it definitely feels like more than 250 mg of caffeine.

Ah yes, the effectiveness. And oh boy is it effective. As long as you take it on an empty stomach, the stimulants start to hit you within 5 minutes. I was always surprised at how much 2/3 scoop got me going. When I would drive to the gym, I noticed the tunnel vision start to take hold of me at the 20 minute mark. While working out, it was all about focus, focus, focus. I actually had to adapt to the level of focus it provided. I normally like to rock out to my music. But with Limitless, I would find my not even listening to my music. Since I sometimes feed off of my music, I would have to re-focus on listening to my music. As you can imagine, the mind muscle connection was pretty ridiculous. I found myself acutely in tune with every muscle contraction. This goes for my cardio sessions as well. While taking Limitless, I actually saw noticeable increases in strength which I wasn't expecting so much with the boatload of cardio I was doing (cardio was everyday 40-105 minutes). Several times especially when my nutrition was dialed, I experienced tremendous euphoria allowing me to push through all kinds of pain barriers. Even though my cardio sessions where normally intense, I still had enough gas in the tank for a 35-55 minute lift. I was doing a lot of supersetting to cut down on time. And like I said, performance was great and I was making progress. The only knock that some people might have on it is the pump. I'm not a big pump guy so this didn't bother me. I always got a good pump going but no extreme skin bursting pumps. A couple times when I lifted first on a bicep day, my biceps did not reach maximum fullness until my 3rd (and last) bicep exercise. When I did cardio first especially swimming, the pump came on really quick since the blood was already flowing really good. I did find myself extending my workout beyond what I had planned for several times. I normally finished my workout on a huge high not feeling completely wiped. If I had the proper amount of sleep the night before, I never needed any more caffeine the rest of the day (I work out mid-late morning). The times I did get only 5.5-6.5 hours of sleep, I still had a kicka$$ workout, the rest of the day just sucked a little. I wouldn't want to take Limitless if I knew I was going to workout for less than an hour, that wouldn't be doing Limitless justice. I never felt the effects diminish throughout the entire tub. On days that I wasn't taking Limitless, it was usually something that had 200-300 mg caffeine with maybe some amp citrate sometimes.

I know Limitless isn't meant for cardio but it sure does the trick. I felt like a thoroughbred with blinders on swimming/biking/running. No music, no problem. All you will be thinking about is pushing yourself to go faster. My legs literally felt like pistons churning up and down on the bike.

I normally shop at bodybuilding.com and the price is 42.99 for 20 servings which is pretty steep. I'm normally a value shopper. But I definitely could see myself splurging for Limitless in the future. You get what you pay for and in this case, you get a lot. If you're worried about a pump, throw in some bulk agmatine.

Side Effects

No negative side effects just overly stimulated on a full serving before cardio. A full serving before weights was money. As explained above, straight awesomeness.

Conclusion

If you are someone that is always up for trying the latest and greatest PWO, certainly give Limitless a try. I don't see how you could be disappointed. Sometimes PWOs can be overstimulating. Limitless has the perfect combination of energy and focus for an exceptional experience. If you're nutrition is dialed in, you undoubtedly will see strength gains. I may sound like a Magnum rep with such a good review, but I assure I am not. I have tried way too many PWOs to name, so I think I have a handle on what makes a good one.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Overall
    Overall
    5.5
      March 31, 2015

Cons:

I got a free bottle of this for filling out a Top Secret Nutrition survey. Submitting a review was not a prerequisite. I began taking this product right after a 2 week stimulant for my 6 week Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred journey. At first glance, I noticed that there was quite a bit of caffeine in one serving (somewhere around 300mg) and it said to take 2-3 servings a day. I don't let myself take more than 300mg of caffeine a day if possible so I knew going into it that I may not experience the maximal benefits of the product. I normally dosed the supplement first thing in the morning preworkout or 3 hours after breakfast for a lunch lift.

Serving Size: 2 Veggie Capsules

Nelulean™ (Lotus (Nelumbo Nucifera) Seed Extract) 10 mg *
    Ginger (Zingiber officinale) Root Powder 10 mg *
    Guarana (Paullinia cupana) Seed Extract 22% Caffeine 10 mg *
    Yohimbine HCL 3 mg *

Like I said, lots of caffeine. Doing my research on Yohimbine HCL, this is a really small dose but was fine with me because I am definitely overly sensitive to the stuff. Nelumbo Nucifera is also known as Higenamine which can be found in a lot of preworkouts. The dosage for this is really low as well. After doing a quick search, I found products with as much as 75mg.

Taking two pills was no problem. Personally, I like to take my stimulants bolus preworkout. So if I were to dose it multiple times a day, I wish there were 100mg of caffeine per pill. I'd take 2 pills preworkout and another at a different time. It seems like a lot of fat burners dose their caffeine content as such now.

I lifted 6 days a week. So those days I would take the two pills at the same time. On Sundays, I would take the two pills before breakfast and dinner. This was a good option for smooth all day energy, but you are probably getting next to nothing terms of fat burning with this dosing.

This is my first time taking a fat burner for an extended period of time. However, I have sampled LOTS. From my experience the effectiveness is below average as this seems to be one of those fat burners that has just a ton of caffeine in it. The energy was a little over the top the first week coming off of my stimulant break. But by week 3, I had built my caffeine tolerance back up and was not experiencing much drive, just mild energy. A personal note, I don't really like taking stimulants in pill form. I love that initial rush of energy you get from a powdered preworkout. Ab Igniter definitely lacked this. When my calories really went down, I definitely started to struggle in the gym. So I also preworkout took a BCAA supplement, which happened to be Cellucor Alpha Amino, plus 2-3g Taurine. This seemed to help a lot in terms of feeling fresher during my workout and being able to power through 1-1.5 hours of insane training. The last 2 weeks of my shred, I changed my preworkout supplementation again for my more strength based workouts. I needed that initial rush. So I took 1 Ab Igniter capsule and 1 scoop Top Secret Cardio Igniter. I really enjoyed supplementing with this.

I did experience some appetite suppression which is a definite plus. I did not really experience any extra focus or euphoria which I was disappointed in. And I never experienced any increased perspiration, which was a big disappointment. I can definitely tell when my body temperature raises from a supplement and I never got that feeling from Ab Igniter.

I did experience extended alertness and energy for several hours after my dosage.

IMO, I did not experience any added weight loss that my training and diet weren't already doing for me. No miracle pill here.

This stuff is really cheap. $20 for 45 servings, and if you're patient, you can normally find a BOGO. However, since I found it to be relatively ineffective, there is not a whole lot of value.

Side Effects

Initally, I was jittery until after I built up my tolerance to the caffeine and yohimbine. No jitters after 1.5 weeks.

Conclusion

I would recommend caffeine pills over this just to save on money. However you are getting a little added appetite suppression with Ab Igniter. So if you've got cash to burn, this might be an option. Like I said, this is a very mild fat burner. I wish it had stronger thermogenic properties. And I hate how it suggests to take multiple servings per day with that much caffeine in it. I guess that's why they came out with Ab Igniter Black.

I wouldn't recommend this as the only thing you take preworkout on a cut. As you see, I eventually added some more performance based supplements. If you're used to preworkout supplements, you'll also want something for added focus.

March 11, 2015

Cons:

This bottle was given to me from the guys at EVLution Nutrition to try out. I'd read some good and not good things about CLA so I decided it wouldn't hurt if I try it out. I have taken a different brand of CLA in the past and didn't see any results but I was probably dosing it too low. So I normally don't review supplements this poorly but this CLA did nothing for me. I've finished up a bottle taking 4 pills a day with meals. I've followed Jim Stoppani's Shortcut to Shred to a T for the past 3 1/2 weeks.

This is pure CLA. 1 gram pure pil...

This is pure CLA. 1 gram pure pill. Nothing special.

The taste is fine in pill form. It says to take 3 serving a day. The literature I read says that you should take 4-6 grams a day. The supplementation recommendation of CLA for Shortcut to Shred was 6-9g per day. So I decided to go with minimally 4g to stretch the bottle a little.

None of the product claims seem to be coming true for me. I haven't seen any extra fat loss or muscle preservation above and beyond what my diet and training is already doing for me. I definitely have lost some strength on my bench press.

It seems to be reasonably priced compared to other CLA products but that doesn't mean anything to me since it didn't work.

Side Effects

No side effects.

Conclusion

This one was a dud for me. The only positive is that it is easy to take, no bad taste. Thankfully I was given this bottle to try out From my personal experience, don't waste your money on CLA. I'm beginning to think that the only thing that really helps with actual fat loss is a calorie deficit and maybe Yohimbe but I'm overly sensitive to Yohimbe.

March 5, 2015

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Increased Performance
      • Electrolytes
      Alpha Amino G4 is a good amino acid supplement. The profile is such that you can drink it anytime to aid in recovery and performance. I've been taking this along with a fat burner drinking it in 12 oz water preworkout prior to fasted training. I haven't noticed any recovery benefits such as being less sore the next day, my workouts are extremely intense. I do notice the performance benefits such as endurance during a workout and keeping me hydrated. I definitely feel "fresher" during my workout as compared to just taking the fat burner alone. I would have rated it higher but this is one of the more pricey amino acid supplements out there. If you are into taste, the G4 version is much better. The taste is a lot stronger and can easily be mixed in 32 oz water without it tasting watered down. I'm not really a Lemon Lime guy but this version is very tasty. The one ingredient that I question is Micronized L-Arginine. I don't think this is doing anything for you at their dosage.

Overall
      Overall
      6.3
        February 5, 2015

Cons:

I've tried quite a few protein powders and this one is just ok.

For my personal preference, it is a little high in fat, carbs, and cholesterol. It is also lower in protein per scoop. There aren't any other added goodies like amino acids or vitamins. The last ingredient is ProHydrolas which appears to help with digestion.

Taste, for me was Chocolate Brownie, is fine if you use 5-6 oz of water. If you start to water it down, the taste definitely gets bad. Mixability is great. It makes decent tasting sludg...

I've tried quite a few protein powders and this one is just ok.

Taste, for me was Chocolate Brownie, is fine if you use 5-6 oz of water. If you start to water it down, the taste definitely gets bad. Mixability is great. It makes decent tasting sludge.

There is not much value here. You could spend a little more and get a really good protein like PES Select. Or you could spend a little less and get the same stuff. The best value that I have found with a protein blend is Nutrex Muscle Infusion.

Conclusion

I bought this on a BOGO so I couldn't pass up. For the times I'm not too concerned about calories, I might buy again if it was on buy 1 get 1 50% off. Personally, I'm not too trusting of the Cutler brand.

Overall
        Overall
        5.5
          February 3, 2015

Cons:
        • Taste
        • 100% Open Label
        • Too Many Ingredients
        • No Real Kick At The Gym
        • Too Expensive At 2 Scoops

When it comes to preworkouts, I need to something that has more than just caffeine in it. And Metabolic Bioshock just didn't do it for me. I like to feel like King Kong when I enter the wait room, not Curious George.

There are a ton of ingredients in here and yet they are missing a couple things a lot of bodybuilders like to use - Betaine and Beta Alanine. If you are going for the kitchen sink approach, why not include these ingredients. I personally take a multi/joint support supplement and an intraworkout so it has some overlap for me....

I had the Blue Raspberry flavor and it was delicious, however, you have to use a ton of water to get everything mixed. I ended up using two scoops before most workouts, which requires 20 oz of water. Try getting that down plus a protein shake preworkout - yikes. I felt bloated before I even started my workout. In the 20 oz of water, it still had quite a bit of residue.

The caffeine rush of 300mg was about all I felt. I did not experience any increase focus, rage, euphoria. I'd say the endurance is decent. I did not experience any raw performance/power increases like with some PWOs I have taken.

With not feeling a much off of 1 scoop, this is a poor value. 2 scoops ends up being $2 a workout.

Side Effects

Just being bloated from drinking so much water.

Conclusion

If you are new to PWOs, this is a great one to get you started with. A newbie can get a lot of their vitamins/minerals, joint support, BCAAs from it. However, for the veteraned stim junkie, this will be a big let down. For when you don't need to feel like a maniac in the gym, this would be a good PWO for cardio only days especially fasted since it has BCAAs.