red259

• Reputation is very low. (+4)
  • Member was only active for 1 week, and was last online 6 years ago
  • Member has only posted 3 reviews
  • Low community participation

Reviews by red259

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Endurance
  • Just A Little Expensive
  • Weak Energy
  • Had Me Running To The Restrooms
  • Not Enough Pump
I have a high tolerance for caffeine, so I would recommend keeping that in mind in context of this review. In order to feel any significant effect I needed to take a scoop and a half. With the suggested serving of one scoop I actually felt more tired than I was before taking the product! The fruit punch taste is a step above cough syrup. I was able to get it down, but it certainly was not pleasant. C4 fruit punch is way better tasting.

The product takes a bit more effort to mix than I would have liked. Also, there is a lot more powder that goes into each drink when compared to something like C4. This is probably due to the larger ingredient profile. I wish they would have placed on the label the exact amounts of each ingredient, so that I could supplement additional items if need be. At first I was adding in additional beta-alanine, because I had read they only provided 2g per serving. Later I read they actually provide 4g, which is more than enough for my daily dose. There is 5g of creatine in a serving which is a nice touch.

There is a very slight pump. However, I did not notice a significant energy increase. It makes me want to lift, but it does not give me a source of energy to finish out my sets. I did notice that my muscles don't fatigue as much while taking this.

I didn't notice many side effects, although I did have to use the restroom a lot during my workouts. I am going back to C4 and may try some other products before trying Assault again. I feel like I gained fat while on this product, although it could be water retention from the creatine (I was using kre-alkalyn before which did not cause any bloating for me). If you have tons of energy already this product may be good to provide additional endurance. If your looking for something to give you a significant burst of energy before lifting then I would look elsewhere.

• Smooth
  • Tastes Great
  • Missed The Beta Alanine Tingle From No Extreme :(
  • Price
I ran a cycle of the fruit punch. It mixes very well and the fruit punch flavor that I had was excellent. There is some creatine in it, but not very much so I supplemented additional creatine and also additional beta-alanine.

The product gave me good energy during my workouts even when I did not get a solid nights sleep. I did notice some slight headaches while taking it, although they would pass fairly quickly. C4 requires significantly less powder per serving than some other workout drinks (for example Assault, although this may be do to the fact they have lower dosages in their product). I was pleased with the results of the first cycle.

It provided me with a significant burst of energy during the first hour of my workout. For longer workouts the results would start to fade, so for more endurance type of activities you may want to look elsewhere. Overall I am going to go back to C4 a second time to see if I can obtain similar results to the first cycle. I have a high tolerance for stimulants, so I take two scoops instead of just one. Therefore the product can be on the expensive side. The best bet is to see if you can find it on sale as the full price is a bit high for this product. Overall its worth a try.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Amazing Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • Rapid Recovery
  • Price
  • Try To Get It At Gnc When Its On Sale Buy One Get One 50% Off!
  • Serving Size Too Much
I have only tried the chocolate flavor of this product and I mix it with water. It mixes extremely well and the taste is much better than any other whey protein I have tried. I do not follow the suggested serving size of three scoops (60g of protein) as I feel that is way too much protein at once. On heavy lifting days I will have two scoops (40g protein) pre-workout and two scoops post workout. On cardio or lighter days I usually just have one shake with a scoop and a half.

I have not noticed any side effects, although I do notice a significant recovery in my muscles from day to day. I am very happy with this product with the exception of the price. It is extremely expensive (even with my GNC gold card) and I will be giving ON Standard Gold a try to see if I can get similar results at a much better price point.

Overall if you see this product offered at a significantly discounted price (or if you don't care about how much you pay) I would strongly recommend it, otherwise I would only recommend it if you can't find anything else out there that works well for you.