power

• Member has been active for 10 years, and was last online 2 weeks ago

Reviews by power

August 7, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Can Lift W/one Finger At A Time
  • Builds Strength
    The R-Ring Handle is a versatile and inexpensive strength and size tool. You can use it for many things. I will list some here and you can use your imagination for other lifts that can be done with it.Some things that you can use it for are: one finger deadlifts, one arm deadlifts, triceps exercises with your thumb, Highland Games throws, Strongman lifts, and hook it up to pulleys for various lifts. You can also make your own lifting stones.

So far I have only used it for 3 exercises and these are one finger deadlifts, one arm deadlifts, and standing triceps presses with my thumbs. When I first got the handle and tried one finger deadlifts I set a short term goal of 100 pounds with my middle fingers. Also it would be the time for writing the review as I felt it I would know the results from using it. Since this was like having a new toy I ended up doing too many workouts with single max reps.(a no no for any lifter especially for someone who should know better like myself). Anyhow, a day after one of those max one finger workouts I reached down to pick up a 50 pound bag of oil dry in a rush. When I grabbed it only my pinky got a hold on it but I picked it up anyway and my pinky went pop. I had pain for a couple of months so I didn't do as much one finger lifting or grip work. After it healed I spread out my single rep workouts and 5 months after I got the handle I hit 100 pounds with each middle finger. My next goal is 125 pounds. Now 100 pounds is nothing special, it was just my goal and some of you might be able to do 100 pounds on your first try. One point that I will add is that I don't have much meat on my fingers and the ring does dig in and cause some pain. Because of this you need to judge when the pain is an injury or just from digging in. The one finger deadlift is a great way to strengthen your fingers. I do the lift between my legs.

For the one arm deadlift I also do it between my legs. The first time that I did the lift it really pulled on my rear delt because it stretches me more than a regular dead. It took me a couple of weeks for my delts to get used to it. Besides the rear delt it also worked my traps very well and made my traps larger. This includes the lower part going down the spine. When I go heavy on these I usually use chalk. Like regular deads this is a great compound exercise, and if you don't have a lot of space this would work well. My wife and daughter also do deads with the handle except they use both hands.

For the one thumb triceps press I tie the appropriate weight to the handle and go to it. I feel that if I am working my fingers that I should also work my thumbs and came up with this exercise. Again there is pain associated with the ring digging in.

For effectiveness I gave this a 9 because it has so many uses but it will not give you the muscle and strength that barbell could if you had to choose.

For value I gave this a 10 because it is only 24.95 + shipping at ironmind and it should last a lifetime. For a loading pin, my brother made me one from scrap metal that he had. On ironmind you can buy one for Olympic plates for 46.95 + shipping, or you can go the cheap route and use rope. Also I bought a carabiner to attach the ring to my loading pin for 8.50 + shipping at ironmind.

Overall I gave this a 9 and highly recommend it. It is small enough to take to the gym and hook it to the pulleys. It is also great for a small space. It has many uses. It has also given me new goals and motivation.

October 8, 2012

• Very Strong
    • Improves Wrist Strength
    • Improves Forearms
    • Improves Grip
    • Durable
      As the other reviews have stated these work great for your grip and forearms. They are very versatile due to the fact that they just wrap around the bar, dumbell, or handle to make a greater circumference. This in turn makes your muscles work harder and also makes you focus more on your form.They fit the whole way around my standard dumbbells but don't go the whole way around my Olympic bar. There is about a half an inch gap left on the olympic bar. I view this as a positive because I have to work even harder as the circuference is even larger.

Another reason they are versatile is that t...

Another reason they are versatile is that they can easily be brought to a gym. It would be pretty tough to lug around a fat bar and fat dumbbells to the gym if your gym doesn't already have them. If you work out at home they will save you money and space if you don't have a fat bar and Dumbells.

There are some items of safety to go over before using these. The slot opening should face the direction the weight is moving. For example when doing curls the slot should face up and when doing cable tricep pushdowns the slot should face down. If you don't do this then the bar could pop out of the fat gripz and that could be bad news. That brings up the next safety concern and the only reason that I gave these a 9 overall and not a 10. Do not do things like power cleans, other Olympic lifts, or strongman type lifts where the slot opening would face more than one direction during the lift. If you face the slot up for a clean that would be ok for the initial pull but when you rotate the bar and rack it on your shoulders slot would be facing down and would be a concern. Therefore if you want to do those types of lifts you would have to go to a gym that has a fat bar or fork out the money for your own bar.

I have had a fat handled leverage bar for about five years and have been interested in the history of lifting since I was young so the concept and benefits of fat grip lifting is nothing new to me. My leverage bar is limited in the movements that I can do with it and I could't justify spending the money on a fat bar so when I got the fat gripz about a year ago they have unleashed new srength and growth.

When I first got these I did 6 weeks with them for all of my bicep and tricep exercises. I think they gave me tendinitis in my elbow from doing standing tricep presses(French presses). I stopped doing the standing tricep presses with them and my pain has gone away. I am not saying don't do them as it may be my genetics and may not bother you. I have also used them for wrist curls, reverse wrist curls, bent over rows, and bench presses.

Bent over rows were a real suprise as I had to squeeze hard to keep the bar from sliding out of my hands. It feels almost as if someone is trying to pull the bar out of your hands. This is why I think anyone that does combat sports, is in law enforcement, a rock climber, or in the military would benefit from the rows or pulldowns. There were times in football when I would reach for the ball carrier and get a couple of fingers on his jersey almost like a fat griz row. Right now I am in the middle of a 6 week cycle of doing these. After the six weeks I will do them regular for awhile before including the fat gripz again so that I can hit my lats with heavier weight.

The other suprise for me was when I did bench presses for the first time with these. They made me concentrate on form and made the exercise much harder for me. I think powerlifters and football linemen would benefit from doing these. From now on I will probably do a set or 2 of these every couple of weeks when I do benches.

I rate the value of these a 10. I got them as a gift but right now for instance they are advertised at Bodybuilding.com for $38.99. I checked on Ironmind.com for a fat barbell and the price was $229.95. I also looked at their fat grip dumbbells and they were $319.95 for a pair. So you can see why I gave the value a 10. They are also durable as I have had them for about a year and they have not worn one bit, so that adds to their value.

These are highly effective, and versatile. there are many exercises that you can use them for and many ways that you can include them. You could use them for all of your sets for an exercise for a certain amount of weeks, for a finishing set, or some sets every couple of weeks. It is up to you. I highly recommend these for anyone that can pick up a weight.

October 3, 2011

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Flavor
        I have eaten these off and on for about three years. They taste
        pretty good. I would say the taste is a step below Supreme
        Protein bars. They also come in different flavors.

You are supposed to eat these pre-workout or during moderate
        intensity exercise like team sports. I eat them pre-workout or
        for snacks.

As for nutrition they have 230 calories, 9 grams fat, 30 grams of
        carbohydrates(15 g are sugars), 10 grams of protein(whey protein
        isolate, calcium caseinate, and soy protein isolate), 3 grams of fiber, and some vitamins, and minerals.

I bought my last ones at the Vit...
        I have eaten these off and on for about three years. They taste
        pretty good. I would say the taste is a step below Supreme
        Protein bars. They also come in different flavors.

You are supposed to eat these pre-workout or during moderate
        intensity exercise like team sports. I eat them pre-workout or
        for snacks.

As for nutrition they have 230 calories, 9 grams fat, 30 grams of
        carbohydrates(15 g are sugars), 10 grams of protein(whey protein

I bought my last ones at the Vitamin Shoppe for 0.55 cents per
        bar on clearance. That is probably the best deal that you can find.
        Currently AllstarHhealth.com has them for $16.50 for 15 bars
        plus shipping. These are cost effective bars.

These bars satisfy my hunger for pre-workout and snacks. If you
        are on a low carb diet or any other type of diet you will have to
        see if they fit into it but for all others I recommend them.

July 18, 2011

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Helps Recovery
        • Wild Berry Punch Tastes Great
        • Worth The Money
        • Good Creatine
        • Little Pricey
        also mixes easily. It settled some during my
        workouts & I would just give it a few shakes
        to get it mixed again.
        It satisfied my hunger during my workouts. I
        would take sips throughout my workout. This
        was a big reason that I tried this & I was
        very happy.
        I gained weight, & got stronger. I got good
        recovery from it. This past winter we had a
        blizzard & I took it while I shoveled all night & it helped my back recover.
        I bought the 24 serving size container from
        AllStarHealth.com for 33.59 + 5.95 shipping
        & that comes to 1.65 per serving. It is more
        expensive than some supplements But I liked
        the results & plan on using it again.
        It has many ingredients so if you are going
        to stack other things with it you may have to
        adjust your other supplements. For instance
        some weeks I stacked KreAlk with it so on workout days I would take KreAlk only in the
        morning & SizeOn during my workout. I recommend looking at all of the ingredients
        before you stack other supplements with it.
        The bad effects that I had were cramps in my
        calves & hamstrings. I stopped doing calf raises & was cautious doing dead lifts.
        It also gave me a little bloat but nothing bad.
        I highly recommend trying this for gaining
        size & strength. Make sure that you drink
        plenty & get enough potassium.

November 7, 2010

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Easy To Take
        • Does Not Lose Strength When Cycle Off
        • No Bloating
        • No Water Retention
        • Very Please
        • Great Price
        • Affordable
        • Strength Increase
        • Good Stamina
        • Good Results
        • Some Crampy Feelings In Calves & Hamstrings But Not An All Out Cramp.
        This worked great for me. I had a non-cancerous lump removed from my back 12 days prior to taking it and that left me with about a 3 inch incision and a hole where the drain tube was. Because of this I couldn't do heavy squats, deadlifts, or rows. I couldn't lay down on a bench. Pushups even bothered my back in the start position because it kind of pinched. I have been working 12 hr shifts with some Saturdays & Sundays. I have been getting 5 hrs of sleep on average. Because of these factors I wasn't expecting good gains and I came up with this split to Maximize the muscles that I could push hard and to help recovery from my work schedule & lack of sleep: Saturday- Arms, Armwrestling with a pulley & bands, forearms, & grip. Sunday- seated knee ups, calf raises, & reverse calf raises. Wednesday- light squats, military presses, light deadlifts, pushups, light rows, lateral raises, leg extensions, & leg curls.

I bought the 120 capsule bottle at The Vitamin Shoppe for 21.99. You can find it cheaper online but I think this is still a good price for something that works so well. I took 2 capsules with breakfast & 2 post workout or before dinner on non-workout days so the bottle lasted 30 days. Except for some Supreme Protein Bars or Power bars about 3 times a week I didn't take anything else so I could see how the KRE really works. And it did.

I was able to do more weight or reps on every exercise each workout. The one exception was my last forearm & grip workout. I think this was because they were tired from using more weight with my arms.
        My bodyweight stayed about the same. I gained size on my arms, legs, & shoulders, but lost some on my back, chest, & glutes since I couldn't work those groups hard. For some reason my triceps benefitted the most. On my last triceps workout I lifted 135 lbs for 6 reps on the standing triceps press. This was the strongest my tris have been in years & my arms were more pumped up than they have been in years.

The pH buffering of this product seems to really help the absorption of the creatine. I have taken regular mono powder & didn't get these results. Also the capsules make it easier to take than mixing powder.

The only bad thing that I can say about it is that it made my calves & hamstrings crampy but never an all out cramp. It wasn't as bad as some creatines that I have tried.

This is a great cost effective supplement. I recomend it to anyone that has not tried it. In the future I will stack it with some other things. Drink plenty of water & get enough potassium if you try it.

August 6, 2010

I started using this because I wanted to try
          I started using this because I wanted to try
          Glutamine and I didn't have much money on me. I saw it in The Vitamin Shoppe for about 7 dollars on sale for the 25 servings bottle. As far as I can tell, The Vitamin Shoppe brand is the same thing and sometimes one or the other is on sale. For the price I think it is well worth trying. My legs are what bother me the most with soreness the next day or 2 after doing reps of 5 or more. When I take this I recover much better and I don't get sore. I get some strength and size when taking it. When I take this I only use one 4500mg serving a day. On workout days I take it after my workout and on non-workout days I take it after work. This one serving a day seems to be all that I need for recovery & decreased soreness. You guys/gals that are taking more than one serving of glutamine a day may want to try taking it just once a day to see if that is all that you need and you could save some money. Other supps that I have taken with this are Gakic, Super NOS Pump, & Supreme Protein Bars. The Glutamine combined with these works pretty well. The only bad thing that Icould say about this is
          that it mixes poorly, but that didn't really
          matter to me.

May 21, 2010

• Mostly Whey
          • Tastes Amazing
          I started eating these a couple of times a
          week to cut down on stops at the Drive thru
          window. These taste great. The first protein
          listed is whey isolate, than whey concentrate, than milk Protein Isolate.
          They also come in different sizes and flavors to fit your needs. They have some vitamins. The sweeteners are sugar alcohols and sugar.
          I started eating these a couple of times a
          week to cut down on stops at the Drive thru
          window. These taste great. The first protein
          listed is whey isolate, than whey concentrate, than milk Protein Isolate.

November 9, 2009

I took this by itself for one month. I didn't
          change anything else as far as cardio, workouts,
          and diet. Judging from the research, I expected to gain a little muscle and strength. Another
          reason I decided to try this was the research
          stated that test subjects reduced their blood
          pressure and cholesterol.
          The first thing that I noticed was that my
          joints felt better. Also my muscles didn't get as
          sore. I injured the back of my shoulder and after
          2 days it was 100% recovered. I push mowed a lawn
          fast for about 2 hours the day before my leg
          workout. When I woke up, the tendons around my heal...
          I took this by itself for one month. I didn't
          joints felt better. Also my muscles didn't get as
          sore. I injured the back of my shoulder and after
          2 days it was 100% recovered. I push mowed a lawn
          fast for about 2 hours the day before my leg
          workout. When I woke up, the tendons around my heal were in pain, and I thought that I would not
          do calf raises, and have poor squats and dead lifts. The pain went away in the morning and I
          had a great workout. I was also able to do calves.
          Instead of gaining, I lost 4 pounds. This was
          all fat that was lost. I have more definition
          now. I got about 2 pounds stronger on my bench
          press. My lower body got about 10 pounds stronger
          on squats and dead lifts. My blood pressure didn't change. I didn't get my cholesterol checked.
          I was hoping my bench would get stronger than it
          did, but I am happy with the way my joints and
          injuries healed. I would recommend this for
          maintaining muscle & strength while going into
          lower weight classes.