pfajgen

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today
  • Member has only posted 5 reviews
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by pfajgen

September 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Performance
  • Focus
  • Pumps
  • Solid Profile
  • No Crash
  • Clumps In Container

Hey guys I decided to go out and try a new pre workout supplement from a company that is fairly new...this supplement is arc reactor. I have never tried any products from this company, but after looking at the supplement facts I figured I'd give it a go. I was not let down.

6g Citrulline/Citrulline Malate

334mg Teacrine
250mg Caffeine
60mg Theobromine
45mg GS15-4

Overall the profile is solid. I believe that most of the ingredients are fairly well known, thus no explanation is really needed. For the most part they are all included in clinical or close to clinical dosing. I know that I would prefer the inclusion of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate at a 5g dose, but the 3g is fine as well. Additionally, I would have preferred more Beta-Alanine in the product. As for the ingredients that are more exotic, you have Vasodrive AP and GS15-4. I did not really know much about either of these two ingredients, but after watching John Meadows (the formulator of arc reactor) and reading some articles discussing the ingredients, I am happy they were included. Essentially Vasodrive AP is a compound derived from casein protein. It is included in the supplement's "prime pump performance blend" because it promotes vasodilation. GS15-4 is a patented compound that is derived from ginseng. It is included in the "neuro-amp/cognitive performance blend" because of its ability to improve mood and concentration while reducing reaction time.

As I said before, I really like this profile and think it delivers in the pump, focus, strength, and energy departments. My only knock is that Granite Supplements could have used more beta-alanine and could have used the patented creapure creatine monohydrate (or an alternative patented creatine).

Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The product mixed fairly well in water, with no real issues. The one concern that I think most consumers will have will be with the clumpiness of the product. When you open the container, you will notice that the product is extremely clumped together. It's almost like a solid block of pre-workout. That being said, I just broke it up with a fork and had no issues.

I had the tangerine flavor. I thought it was really tasty and refreshing. I looked forward to drinking it every day. It was fairly sweet, but not overpowering at all imo.

This is where the product shined. I had great workouts each and every time I took Arc Reactor. I had good pumps, solid focus, lasting energy, and best of all great performance. I wouldn't say that the focus was laser like. You won't get the focus that mesomorph will provide, but I felt like I was able to have good concentration. Additionally, the pumps will not blow you away. They were there, but nothing crazy. What was best about the product was the performance. I found that I was able to move more weight, and was able to recover quicker in between sets. If you want to go in the gym and get stronger, this product is for you.

Additionally, I found that there was no crash following my workouts. This is huge for me, because I don't have time for a nap post-workout.

I think the value is average. 20 servings for around $40 is a pretty high cost per serving, however I think that the product sells itself. It delivers every time, and to me that is worth the cost. For the average consumer this may be too high even considering the performance it will provide.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Arc Reactor will make you feel like Iron Man in the gym. I felt confident and was able to push more weight with each and every workout. I enjoyed the taste, and found it to be a great addition to my supplement stack. I do believe that the cost per serving is too high, but you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a pre-workout that will make you perform in the gym and move more weight, this is for you. You can find better product geared towards pump or focus, but I don't think you will find many that are better when it comes to overall performance. This is a well rounded product that will not let you down.

April 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Possibly Stronger Immune System

I have used other similar recovery products, and have been very pleased. I used to use biogro and was very happy with the recovery benefits, but when Marc Lobliner came out with this new product I had to try. In the past, I have been quick to try any product that he recommended. I had never been let down, in fact each of his products and recommendations exceeded my expectations. This is the first product to not deliver. Furthermore, I was asked to leave a review of the product on his website about a month after my purchase. After I left my review, that is much the same as this review if not more positive, I noticed it had been removed from the website. I am not happy about that. I won't leave tiger fitness a bad review on here, because 99% of my experiences with the online retailer have been perfect. Their customer service has been second to none. This however does make me lose faith in the website...because all reviews (even negative ones) should be posted under the products.

Overtraining Solution is supposed to "help you remain healthier, develop lean muscle, and recover faster from intense workouts." It consists of 2.5g of "recovery fraction peptides," 100mg of immulina, and 50mg of astragin. The recovery fraction peptides are supposed to help with muscle recovery and protein synthesis, and appear to be a better version of BioGro. Immulina is an exclusive ingredient to this product that is touted to help with recovery capacity, decrease chance of injury, strengthen the immune system, improve sleep quality, and "more." Astragin is included to increase absorption of the key ingredients.

The taste is not bad, it is honestly quite pleasant at first. However the aftertaste is pretty nasty. Not sure what to compare it to, but the aftertaste was present no matter which protein i paired Overtraining Solution with.

I used this product as recommended, using 2 scoops in my post workout protein shake. Throughout the bottle, I didn't change my lifting routine or my diet. I can say for a fact that my recovery was no better than when I worked out without using Overtraining Solution. In fact, my recovery was nowhere near as good as when I have used biogro in the past. That being said, I can honestly say that my immune system was strong. During my use, I did not get sick one time. I am not sure whether to attribute my lack of sickness to Overtraining Solution or to other factors.

Recovery-this product did not meet my expectations, nor did it have any noticeable effect.

Immune System Strengthening-I didn't get sick once while on this product, but I can not say for certain that is 100% attributable to Overtraining Solution.

This product is available for $50 at tigerfitness.com. Given the recommended serving size of 2 scoops, that is 20 servings leaving you with a cost of $2.50 per serving. On tigerfitness.com you can get a bottle of biogro for $50 that will get me (at 200lbs) 120 scoops, at 4 scoops per day leaving me with a cost of $1.66 per serving.

Given the price difference between biogro and Overtraining Solution, and the difference in recovery, I would consider Overtraining solution to be a poor value. Additionally, I would not pay $1 per serving given the fact that I mainly took this supplement to aid in recovery, and saw zero benefits in recovery.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Yea, I'm pretty ill with tigerfitness.com for not posting my unbiased and honest review...but I would have written this anyway. This product fell well below my expectations and gave me no recovery benefits. That being said, it may be helpful for immune support so if you want to pay $2.50 per serving for possible immune support then give it a try.

I hope others will have a better result with this product than I did.

July 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Drinkable
  • No Crash
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Lack Of Pump

Hey guys I'm back again today to review a pre workout that will be a new must have in my cutting stacks. That pre workout is APS Mesomorph. I trained on this preworkout fasted 6 days a week. The only addition to my workouts was BCAAs intra workout.

The ingredient profile is solid. It can be viewed on apsnutrition.com. What I really like about this preworkout is that it has around 4g of beta alanine and 5g of citrulline malate per serving. I can honestly say that you will feel the beta tingles. The 5g of citrulline malate is right where I would like to be to start seeing some pump and vascularity...i think the clinical dosage is around 6g. Other nice inclusions are creatine nitrate and most importantly DMAA. Creatine nitrate is used in other preworkout products like c4, however DMAA is much more rare these days.

I had the rocket pop flavor and I must say that it was delicious. Honestly, as a child I wasn't a huge fan of rocket pops...but this preworkout tasted so good that I looked forward to it each morning. It reminded me of sweet tarts more than anything.

As far as the mixability of the preworkout goes, I found that it mixed easily. I would typically put one serving in a shaker and just kinda swirl it around for a few seconds (with the top off) and would find that it was completely mixed.

I dosed this supp at 1 scoop fasted each morning 30 minutes before my workout. I honestly never felt the need to change from one scoop. I can say with certainty that I would not go beyond a heaping scoop lol.

This product gave me great energy each and everyday. I had laser focus, the type you would expect from a product containing DMAA. The energy and focus would last through the entirety of each workout. I found that I looked a bit dryer as well from this product, which was a nice added bonus. The one area that this product may have lacked was in the pump area. Despite the inclusion of 5g citrulline malate (which i typically respond well to), I had minimal pumps. I wasn't upset about this because I felt like my strength, endurance, recovery, focus, and energy were all on point.

This product can be found online for around $35 at most retailers. I feel like this is a fair price considering the inclusion of DMAA.

Side Effects

I had no adverse side effects. Never had a crash. The only side effect I had was a loss of appetite. This worked out perfectly for me given that I was cutting for the summer. I would find that I would be unable to eat for a solid 2 hours post workout. This was great because I do intermittent fasting and fast in the mornings.

Conclusion

This preworkout is great for anyone looking for focus and energy. It is phenomenal for anyone looking for a preworkout to use during a cut. I would highly recommend it.

June 29, 2015

• Better Profile
  • No Dyes
  • Great Value At 12 Serving

"You went to school to learn girl. Things you never, never knew before. Like "I" before "E" except after "C" And why 2 plus 2 makes 4...Now, now, now
    I'm gonna teach you...Teach you, teach you...All about BCAA's girl." ---Jackson 5

Core ABC is easy as 123 because it uses simple and effective ingredients in proven doses and ratios. Further, Core ABC uses no artificial colors, sugars, or fillers. While it has a minimalist profile, with no crazy "new" or "novel" ingredients, it is the perfect Intra-workout supplement.

Core ABC has a great prof...

Core ABC has a great profile, providing you with all the stuff you need and none of the stuff you don't. It consists of BCAA's in the proven 2:1:1 ratio, high quality Carnosyn beta alanine, and citrulline malate. All of the ingredients are time tested and have proven to be very effective for me as far as recovery and nitric oxide production goes.

Serving Size 2Heaping Scoops(20g)
    Servings Per Container50
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    L-Leucine 5g
    L-Isoleucine 2.5g
    L-Valine 2.5g
    L-Glutamine 2.5g
    Beta Alanine 2.5g
    Citrulline Malate 2.5g

The taste of Core ABC is great. I haven't had a flavor that I didn't enjoy yet (white passion peach, wicked white watermelon, strawberry pineapple). That being said, if you aren't a fan of sour tasting foods/drinks- this may not be for you. Core ABC is definitely on the sour side at the recommended 2 scoops. I would definitely suggest using at least 16 ounces of water for two scoops, in fact 16 ounces of water worked really well with 1 scoop (for a lighter taste). 2 scoops provides a very light and refreshing beverage when you use add them to a big water jug.

The product doesn't mix well at first, but there aren't many BCAA products that do. After the initially shaking it up in your bottle, there will be some floaters...but give it 30 seconds or so and shake again and the supplement will mix properly.

As far as dosing goes, I used 2 scoops intra-workout and found that to be very effective. However, at 1 scoop (making 100 serves of the product) you get similar ingredient quantities to other leading BCAA products such as xtend. I would use 1 scoop to sip on during the day, or if my pre-workout already contained a good amount of BCAAs.

I train fasted, and use Core ABC to fuel me through my workouts. I believe that using this product has helped me to crank out awesome workouts, even while my body is technically on empty. It has been crucial in helping me maintain as much muscle as possible, while training fasted on my current cut. At 2 scoops I found that this product increased my recovery time between sets, and decreased my soreness the next day following a heavy workout. Also, the citrulline malate provided for some really nice vascularity during my workouts.

When using 2 scoops as a serving, I believe this product is extremely competitive with other products such as Xtend, Modern BCAA, and Cellucor BCAA. When using 1 scoop, which provides similar amounts of the ingredients as other BCAA products, I believe this is the best valued BCAA on the market.

In comparison to other market leaders, such as Xtend, you are getting far more for your 2 scoops. For example, for the 90 serving tub of Xtend, you are paying around $55. In comparison, for Core ABC you are paying around $54 for 50 2 scoop servings. In my opinion, if you cut the serving of Core ABC in half (leaving you with 100 servings)- you are still getting a BCAA product that is as good or better than Xtend and other BCAA products. At half a serving of Core ABC you get 5g of BCAAs compared to Xtend's 7, 1.25g beta alanine which can be traded off with the added glutamine in Xtend (cheaper raw ingredient), and 1.25 g of citrulline malate compared to Xtends 1g. It's not even worth comparing the value Core ABC at 1 scoop to other undisclosed supplement fact BCAA products like Best BCAA, Pro BCAA, Beta BCAA, and Amino Last.

Side Effects

Will get itchy from the beta alanine...but that's what everyone wants right??

Conclusion

Core ABC is currently my favorite BCAA and intra workout product. It provides everything I need to help fuel my body through tough workouts. It has been huge on my current cut in helping me maintain as much muscle as possible, while training fasted. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a complete intra workout product- without the added carbs. It also acts as a solid post workout product as well.

June 26, 2015

• Amazing Taste
    • Solid Profile
    • Sludge
    • Did I Mention Great Taste
    • Not Widely Available Yet

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
    This is my first review on supplementreviews.com, even though I have been a long time user of this awesome website.

Background- I am a former ACC football player. I started 4 seasons, after having redshirtted my first year. As a result of my time playing collegiate football, I have learned a ton about exercise and nutrition. Basically for my 5 years in school, I was on a bulk...trying to get as big and as strong as I possibly could. Now that I am a regular person and don't need to lift the world, I lift to stay in shape and lean up. I played at a solid 235, and am now 200 pounds. Needless to say, after a 5 year bulk and my current cut, I am in pretty decent shape.

Goals- I want to continue to maintain some of my muscle, while leaning out.

Initial thoughts on MTS Machine Whey- It is a staple in my supplement stack, and has been for about a year now. It has been such a great product that I feel the need to share my positive experience with it.

Other supplements I plan on reviewing- Core ABC, Defcon1, Optiburn, Prejym, Postjym, Projym, Aminogro, and tons more that just aren't as recent...

Love that MTS Machine Whey is a transparent protein. Also like the blend of Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate better than just Isolate. I don't mind the few carbs, because in the grand scheme of things they aren't too high. At 25 grams of protein and only 7 grams of carbs, Key Lime Pie fit my needs just right. Also, I enjoyed the high BCAA and Glutamine content.

MTS Machine Whey is one of the best tasting proteins I have ever used. My favorite flavors (in order) are: Keylime pie, Cookies and Cream, Mint Cookies and Cream, and Caramel Sutra. I would say that MTS Machine Whey (in all) is better tasting than Iso100, Projym, Cellucor Whey, and definitely Gold Standard Whey. The flavors of MTS Whey are great in water...which is what I normally use to mix my protein. The cookies and cream and mint cookies and cream is good with almond milk, but I still liked it with water. The Key lime pie was ok with almond milk, but definitely not as good as it was without water.

MTS Machine Whey has great mixability, however for the flavors with "pieces" in them (i.e. key lime pie, C&C) you will get some of the supplement to settle at the bottom if you leave it mixed too long. This wasn't a problem for me, as I would really enjoy the pieces of graham cracker once they got all soggy and whatnot.

I also enjoyed making sludge with my MTS whey. I wouldn't use Marc's recipe, but instead I would use a little frozen fat free whipped cream, water, and 1 scoop of whey and really really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed mixing Key Lime Pie flavored MTS Whey with key lime pie kefir. That tasted amazing.

As far as the effectiveness of a protein goes, it's really kind of hard to tell. Unlike pre workouts that will get you pumped or tingly, there aren't too many ways to tell how good a protein is. I will say this- MTS Machine whey is quality tested and Marc posts some of his lot testing on tigerfitness.com. This helps me sleep easy at night knowing I'm getting what I paid for. Also, I feel like the protein has been effective for me on my cut and helping me maintain some of my muscle. I would use it whenever I was hungry and needed a snack, post workout, and when I wake up in the mornings.

I feel like MTS Machine Whey has a solid value, because it prices out at around $.82 per serving which is pretty good compared to other companies such as Dymatize and Optimum.

Side Effects

Gains lol...but seriously, nothing out of the ordinary...no gas or anything negative.

Conclusion

It is easy to get tired of protein, especially when it is in a 67 serving tub...this protein however never gets old. The flavors are top notch and quality is unparalleled. This is one of my favorite protein's and it will continue to be a staple in my stack of supplements.