pfajgen

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by pfajgen

June 18, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • Just Plain Works
  • Exscellent Taste
  • Simple And Effective Ingredients
  • Lots Of Deals
  • Prop Blend
  • Too Expensive For Low Servings
  • Too Much Dye

I had been interested in trying BSN's cell mass 2.0 for quite a while, so I didn't hesitate to buy it when I saw it in the bounty program. I'm a firm believer in post workout supplements (other than the basic protein powder). I find post workouts to be especially beneficial for those who train fasted and go for a period of time before their eating window opens. I also find post workouts to be helpful for those who aren't especially hungry or have enough calories/macros for a big shake.

BSN's Cell Mass 2.0 is touted as a "concentrated post-workout recovery" supplement that helps with endurance, recovery, performance, and strength. It seeks to achieve these goals through a relatively simple, yet proprietary, formula.

Given the right price, Cell Mass 2.0 is a new favorite of mine. I consider it to be comparable in effect to cell tech hyperbuild, post jym, nutrabio post, and ghost size.

As said above, Cell Mass 2.0 has a fairly simple ingredient profile. It also has a somewhat transparent yet, somewhat proprietary, profile. It consists of an 8.3g blend with highlights of: 1.5g glutamine/glutamic acid, 2.5g creatine, 5g amino acids. The profile is expanded a bit below.

Recovery Composite:
Whey Protein Hydrolysate, L-Glutamine, And Glutamine Peptides--what we know here is that 5g of aminos must be included in this blend, 1.5 of which are glutamine/glutamic acid. Glutamine is included to help with muscle recovery and immune health. Whey protein hydrolysate is a very bioavailable protein that is predigested and easier to absorb. It contains EAA's and BCAA's. In my opinion, this blend is on the verge of being underdosed but given that the product is recommended to be taken at 2 scoops per day- I think that it a solid recovery formula if taken as recommended.

Myogenic Matrix:
Creatine Monohydrate, Creatine HCL (Con-Cret) And Creatine Anhydrous--what we know here is that there is 2.5g of creatine total. BSN has hidden the ball as far as how much of each form of creatine is included, so it is hard to know how effectively dosed this is at 1 scoop. Creatine monohydrate is typically dosed at 5g and creatine hcl at 2g. I honestly don't find creatine anhydrous to be very effective in my experiences, so I really hope that isn't a large portion of this blend. In reality, this is probably and underdosed product at 1 scoop as far as creatine goes. That said, if taken as recommended (at 2 scoops/day) I think you get a solid dose of creatine.

Insulino Interfusion:
Taurine And Banaba Extract (Leaf) (18% Corosolic Acid) (GlucoHelp)--given that we know the blend is 8.3g for 1 scoop, and 7.5g are used in the other two blends, that leaves us with .8g for this blend and fillers. Also, given that taurine is an amino acid, it is safe to say that BSN includes it in its 5g of total aminos/scoop so that in reality leaves .8g for banaba extract and fillers. Studies have shown that taurine may improve exercise capacity and mental performance so I like its inclusion. I would hope that 1g of taurine is included in total, but that isn't likely given the serving size and other ingredients already included. Banaba extract may help lower blood sugar in people with type two diabetes, otherwise there is not sufficient information to rate its effectiveness in other areas.

I had the blue raz flavor and really thought it was quite tasty. Now, to be clear, this has a very distinct taste given the inclusion of whey protein. It almost has a creamy taste and texture to it that you don't really expect. I actually enjoyed this tart, yet creamy flavoring.

The mixibility wasn't great. I would often find myself with clumps of the powder. I would highly recommend using a blender ball and shaking thoroughly.

As far as dosing goes, this product can be boom or bust given the dosing. The tub I bought had 50 servings, which sounds great. However, to get the recommended 3g glutamine/glutamic acid, 5g creatine, and 10g amino acids, you need to take 2 servings (2 scoops). I have no problem doing 2 scoops per day if I buy Cell Mass 2.0 for the right price, which luckily I did. I would take one scoop after my morning run (fasted) and then take a second scoop later in the evening after my workout. Note--I also tried taking this at 1 scoop per day, but didn't find that it was as beneficial.

At one scoop per day, this product really didn't do a whole lot for me. However, at 2 scoops per day, I found that my recovery was as good as with any other post workout product I've taken. 2 scoops is truly the sweet spot. I didn't notice any strength or size gains, in fact, I lost weight while using this. However I did find that my muscles were almost never sore. Given that my muscle soreness was reduced, I was able to hit the gym hard day after day. I even eliminated one of my rest days. I found this to be especially remarkable given the fact that I was cutting during this time.

This is probably the biggest issue for me when looking at this product and it's kinda hard to judge. Cell Mass 2.0 is awesome if you can get it for the right price. It's not so awesome if you can't. The prices range from $14 (netnutri.com) to $47 (vitaminshoppe.com). At $14-25 I think this product is a steal even if you take 2 servings per day. If you can get by with 1 serving per day, wow it's really a great deal. However, at $47 I can't justify buying this product, since I (and likely most others) will need 2 scoops per day.

In conclusion. There is great value if you buy from the right place. There is even better value if you only need 1 scoop per day (giving you 50 servings). So be a smart shopper and look around before buying it at the first storefront you pass by.

Side Effects

Lots of dye, so may temporarily give you blue teeth/tongue.

Conclusion

This product is as good or better than most other post workouts on the market. It is simple yet extremely effective at reducing muscle soreness and recovery time. If you are a smart shopper you can get this product for a a really good deal. If you are impatient and don't shop around, you'll end up spending a lot of money for no good reason. I'd suggest finding it for a good price and giving it a try.

Overall
Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
  June 17, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Would Be Good Value If Actually Effective
  • No Libido Increase
  • No Effects Whatsoever
  • Sugar Pills

Big thanks to VMI Sports and the TROOP program for giving me the opportunity to review A-XR PCT. I took this product as a stand-alone natural testosterone booster, rather than as its intended purpose as a PCT. That being said, based off of the supplement profile and its benefits as a PCT, it should have been a solid test booster. It is marketed to "Anyone looking to restore natural testosterone production and boost libido & vitality."

I expected minor strength gains, acne, aggression, and increased libido. I experienced NONE of the above. I am a 27 year old male and by no means have low testosterone but I have taken natural test boosters before and had solid results.

The ingredients in A-XR PCT are said to 1) boost testosterone with tribulus and PrimaVie; 2) build muscle by regulating hormone levels; 3) increase libido; and 4) inhibit aromatase with Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle Root. I find that several of the ingredients are significantly underdosed.

LH Activation Complex:
Tribulus Alatus Extract (Fruit) 200 mg--boosts testosterone, used in tons of testosterone boosting supplements
PrimaVie Purified Shilajit Powder 200 mg --supports sexual health, energy production and overall fitness

DHT Inhibition Complex:

Androstenolone (DHEA) 25 mg
Zinc Bisglycinate Chelate 15 mg

Estrogen Aromatase Regulataion:
Acacetin 100 mg

I used this product as recommended. Two capsules each day either before my first meal or pre workout. Regardless of whether I took it pre workout or pre meal, I saw no difference. The capsules are small and easy to take.

Here is where the product really let me down. I honestly might as well have not taken A-XR PCT because I noticed ZERO effects. There was no aggression, no acne, no strength or size gains, no increased libido.

Yes, I am a 27 year old male and full of my own testosterone but I did hope to see some minimal side effects. I really noticed no differences good or bad. Maybe things would have been different had I taken this as a true PCT, but I didn't and I cannot know for sure.

So if this product was effective, I would consider it a pretty good value ranging anywhere between $30-$44. That being said, given that this had NO EFFECT I have to say there is close to NO VALUE. I would not pay to take sugar pills and I wouldn't suggest a friend to either.

Side Effects

Absolutely NONE...good or bad

Conclusion

Might as well have been sugar pills. Not sure how effective it is as a PCT, but I would be fearful trusting this product if I was really in need of a PCT.

June 15, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digestive Enzymes And Antioxidants
  • Improves GI Regularity And Health
  • Reduces GI Upset Symptoms
  • Taste Great
  • No Bloating
  • No Post-meal Lethargy

First off, big thank you to Redcon1 and the Troops program for giving me the opportunity to review this product. GI Juice is a Fruits and Greens supplement that is intended to aid in digestion and improve overall health. I know that I don't get enough greens or fruits in my diet, so this product really spoke to me. I have used other, somewhat similar, products in the past but never had any noticeable results. I had two expectations with this product. First, I expected improved digestion and reduced bloating. Second, I expected to have overall better health due to the greens and fruits that my diet so badly needed.

GI Juice is a fairly straightforward product, consisting of a greens blend and several digestive enzymes. Overall, there are 15g per serving. Of those 15g you get 2g of fiber and 5g of sugar for 28 calories (which isn't bad considering how good this tastes).

Green Blend 11.25g:
    blueberry fruit powder, black raspberry powder, mulberry leaf powder, pineapple powder, bilberry leaf powder, papaya juice powder, camu camu, monk fruit, broccoli powder, carrot powder, purple sweet potato powder, kelp, fructooligosaccharides, chlorella, papain, bromelain, pyrroloquiniline quinone, and acai juice powder.

You will notice that the majority of the Green Blend is fruit, which is a little deceiving. That being said, you are supposed to be getting the equivalent of one serving of fruits and veggies per scoop.

Digestive Enzymes:
    Betaine HCL 250mg, Amylase 100mg, Protease 100mg, Pepsin 50mg, Papain 50mg, Pancreatin 50mg, Ox Bile 30mg, Lipase 25mg, Bromelain 10mg, and Cellulase 10mg.

This blend of digestive enzymes is supposed to help with your body's ability to digest carbs, proteins, and fats. I found it particularly interesting that it includes Ox Bile (lol).

I received Pineapple Banana. This is the only flavor available at the moment. It is absolutely delicious and was by far the best greens/fruit supplement that I have ever taken. I honestly looked forward to drinking my GI Juice every day. The flavor was more banana than pineapple in my opinion.

I would consume one scoop each night with my dinner. Dinner is typically one of my bigger meals, so I believed I would benefit the most from the digestive enzymes at that time.

I had no trouble mixing GI Juice. I would throw a scoop in about 8-12 ounces of water and just kind of slosh it around for a few seconds and it would be perfectly mixed.

GI Juice kept me regular. I would drink my one serving each night after dinner and then would wake up the following morning to an awesome bathroom experience.

The other major benefit of GI Juice was that it kept me from feeling bloated and lethargic after big meals.

I wanted to wait for a week or two after completing GI Juice, to see if I continued to have regular bowel movements and continued to feel less bloated post-big meals. After finishing GI Juice, I no longer got to enjoy my morning bathroom trips and I began to feel noticeably bloated after dinner. Given the change in regularity and bloating, I truly believe this product worked.

As for overall health, I didn't notice too much extra energy or benefits. That being said, you could consider my lack of lethargy post meals to be a form of increased energy.

GI Juice ranges anywhere from $28-$35. Currently Vitamin shoppe is the cheapest at $27.99. Also, you can always expect to find some sort of promotion at Redcon1's direct website. Given the phenomenal taste, lack of bloating, and regularity--I would say this product is certainly worth $28.

Side Effects

No negative side effects.

Conclusion

Give this a try if your digestion needs some help or you just feel like you're missing fruits/veggies from your diet. It is surprisingly tasty and was more effective for me than other similar supplements.

May 9, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Taste Good
    • Transparent Label
    • Not Artificial Colors
    • Good Value With Promo
    • Reduces Muscle Soreness
    • Increased Recovery

Redcon1 Grunt was a great addition to my supplement stack. I found that my recovery was noticeably better than it was when I used BCAA products. This is a versatile product that can be used at any time for a boost in recovery, and I would recommend to anyone looking for increased recovery.

I would like to start out by thanking the TROOP program and Redcon1 for giving me the opportunity to review this product. Grunt is an Essential Amino Acid (EAA) product that consists of nine amino acids. In the past, I would use BCAA products routinely and was very content with my results. I had not had much experience with EAA's, but was aware of the growing trend to include EAA's in supplements. Like many, I was loyal to BCAA's and was somewhat skeptical that an EAA product would serve me better. This product was a pleasant surprise and has turned me to the dark side- I will likely continue to use EAA's over strictly BCAA's going forward.

Grunt It is a full disclosure supplement and the majority of the 9.5g serving is made up of 6g of BCAAs in a 2:1:1 ratio. To return to my title of this review, I feel like Grunt does a great job of giving your body the BCAA's (that I have held dear to my heart for many years) while also supplying you with many of the other EAA's. EAA's are touted as a "complete protein source" whereas BCAA's are not. Thus, EAA's arguably should be more effective at increasing muscle growth and helping with recovery.

Note- you will notice below, that there is a relatively small dose of EAA's other than the BCAA's. I am not aware of the "clinical dose" of EAA's or what is recommended, but I do feel like the inclusion of the EAA's (no matter how minor) did make a difference.

The ingredient profile is as follows:
      6g BCAA in 2:1:1 ratio
      300mg L-Lysine
      250mg L-threonine
      250mg L-phenylalanine
      50mg L-tryptophan
      25mg L-histidine
      25mg L-methionine

I received the cherry lime flavor and it was delicious. It reminded me of candy. You get a slight hint of both flavors and a lot of sweet. I would say this product may be on the sweet side for some. I would use Grunt in one of two different ways. First, I would take Grunt in the middle of the day, in between meals, to help supply my muscles with some aminos. Second, I would take Grunt pre-workout. I honestly feel like this is a very versatile product that has benefits regardless of when you take it.

As for the mixability, the product definitely requires the use of a blender bottle. I would use 1 scoop of Grunt with about 12oz of water. I found that was a sweet spot for the taste imo. It would take about 10 seconds of shaking to get the product to start mixing, but there would still be some floaters in the bottle. I found that the supplement would completely mix after leaving it to settle for a minute or so. I believe the floaters are indicative of a good EAA product.

I found Grunt to be more effective than taking BCAA's alone. It was superior as far as reducing my muscle soreness and increasing my recovery. As I mentioned in my review of Ghost Size, I hit PRs for my deadlift and 3 rep squat during the time that I was taking this product. I don't know that I can attribute those PRs to Grunt solely (more likely attributable to Size), but I believe that Grunt helped me to push through a lot of grueling workouts during that time period due to the increased recovery...and thus, indirectly attributed to my ability to hit those PRs.

Grunt ranges from $25-$35 for a 30 serving tub. This seems to be a fair price given the fact that stand-alone bcaa products typically cost $20+ for a similar number of servings. I would not buy Grunt for $35, but I would certainly buy it for $25 or when there is a promotion running (which is almost all the time).

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

Grunt is a great supplement to add to your stack if you are looking for increased recovery. I understand that BCAA's have been king for quite a while, but BCAA's + EAA's are superior in my opinion. This is a tasty product at a fair price and it is definitely worth a try.

May 8, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Tunnel Vision
      • No Crash
      • Tons Of Promotionssales
      • Pumps Were Lacking
      • No Creatine

Total War is a good all around creatine-free pre workout, with solid energy and focus.

I would like to start by thanking the Troop program and Redcon1 for the opportunity to review Total War. Total War appears to be a preworkout that is intended to check off all the requirements of a good all purpose preworkout. It comes in a variety of fun flavors and Redcon1 is almost always running some form of a promotion that will allow you to buy the preworkout at a reduced price.

Total War really has a little bit for everyone...

Total War really has a little bit for everyone. I'm going to break down the supplement facts into groups that I consider to be pump, focus/energy, and endurance. There are tons of novel patented ingredients in this product, so don't fear that Redcon1 is skimping out. You will notice that this preworkout does not include creatine. I would prefer to have some form of creatine in my preworkout, but I don't believe it is necessary. Furthermore, I know creatine in preworkout can upset some people's stomachs.

Pump: 6g of L-citrulline DL-malate 2:1. This is a clinical dose, and in my opinion is one of the best pump-inducing ingredients. 1g Agmatine Sulfate, which is a whopping dose and another great pump ingredient. 1g Taurine, which is supposed to help hydrate the muscles.

Focus/Energy: AMPiBerry, cocoteanol, caffeine anhydrous, infinergy, and naringin. Total War has numerous novel focus ingredients that I don't totally understand, but as you will see from my "Effectiveness" section I believe that these ingredients got the job done. The few that I am familiar with are caffeine anhydrous and infinergy. I found that the combination of these ingredients gave me laser focus and clean no-jitters energy throughout my workouts.

Endurance: 3.2g beta alanine. Clinical dose, so very happy here.

There is also 10mg of bioperine to help with absorption.

I received the Tiger's blood flavor...and to be honest, I wasn't really a fan. It had hints of coconut and maybe pineapple? I don't even really know how to explain the flavor, but I didn't like it.

The mixability of Total War was good. I would throw a scoop into 6-8oz of water and just slosh it around in my cup. There weren't really any sinkers or floaters.

I dosed this at 1 scoop 15-30 minutes preworkout. I wouldn't dare go higher than 1 scoop given the large amounts of stimulants.

I found Total War to be extremely effective as far as energy and focus goes. Within probably 10-15 minutes of taking it I had tunnel vision focus and a nice increase in energy. I never felt jittery either, which is a huge plus.

I didn't have the best pumps with Total War, which is surprising given how awesome the pump ingredients look on paper. I wasn't very vascular either. The pumps were just so-so.

My endurance was great. Along with the increased focus and energy, I felt like I could go hours in the gym. I never had a crash either.

Total War is typically around $40/30 scoops anywhere you look, but it is almost always on sale. I find that Muscle and Strength often runs great promotions like buy-one-get-one's and so does Redcon1. I wouldn't probably pay $40 for this, but I would certainly buy it when it is on sale or there is a promotion (pretty much always).

Side Effects

Did I mention that this product gave me solid energy and focus? Yea well it also is really long lasting energy. You won't have any crash, but I don't recommend taking this after 5pm.

Conclusion

Total War is a solid preworkout with lots of interesting flavors and great promotions. The ingredient profile looks great on paper and makes Total War to appear to be an all around preworkout. It is one of the best preworkouts as far as energy and focus go, but the pumps are lacking. Catch this preworkout when it is on sale or there is a promotion running and you likely won't be disappointed.

Overall
      (SR paid for product; Ghost did not participate)
        May 8, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Transparent Profile
      • Slightly Aids In Recovery
      • Amazing Taste
      • No Water Retention
      • More Beta Alanine Please

Ghost Size didn't work any miracles, but it did help with recovery. Full disclosure label with effective doses of proven ingredients. If you are looking for an all around supplement to add to your stack, I recommend Ghost Size.

Big thank you to the Troop program and Clipper83 for giving me a new tub of Ghost Size out of his personal stash. I have taken many different products that are similar to Ghost Size. Among those are: post jym, cell tech hyper build, nutrabio CGT, and nutrabio post. This product has proven to be as effective, if not more effective, than all of those named. It is a straight forward product with proven ingredients.

Shout out to Ghost for the full disclosure label. Size has 5 ingredients:
      -5g creatine consisting of 3.21g HCL and 2.84g Monohydrate. I really like the mix of creatine hcl and creatine mono. I have had good results on both individually, but have not taken them together before. HCL is the new and trendier creatine that is supposed to have no loading required and less water retention. Monohydrate is the tried and true creatine that I believe is most commonly associated with bulking (at least for me).

-2.5g betaine. This is the clinical dose of betaine and it is included to help with muscle gain/fat loss due to its ability to help with protein synthesis.

-2g beta alanine. Size has the carnosyn patented version of beta alanine, which is a plus to me. Unfortunately, this is not the clinical dose (3.2g), but I will say it is a sufficient dose to feel some tingles every now and then. I'm also not too concerned with the 2g dose because most pre-workouts have some beta alanine in them as well.

-200mg epicatechin. This is somewhat of a hot ingredient right now. I am not super familiar with it, but my research has revealed that it is a flavanoid that has been shown to help with heart and muscle function.

-50mg astragin. This ingredient helps with your body's ability to absorb and use the other ingredients in Size.

I had the Warheads Sour Watermelon flavor and it did not disappoint. It really did taste just like the warheads I enjoyed as a child. Size mixed effortlessly in about 8oz of water. I never had to shake it up, I would just add it to my water and kind of slosh it around in my glass and it mixed pretty quickly.

I took 1 scoop of Size each morning after my fasted cardio.

Size truly did help me to add some muscle and put on some size. After the first 2-3 weeks I gained about 3 pounds and hit a PR on my deadlift, 3x5 squat, and my 2000m row. I found that my recovery was improved, but to be clear--this is not a miracle supplement. I found the results to be very consistent with what I expected from a creatine/betaine/beta alanine product. I don't believe I can fully attribute my PRs to Size, but I do think I can say that Size helped.

Additionally, I found that I continued to maintain a fairly dry look despite the fact that I was taking creatine. This is a plus for me, as often times I will retain a bunch of water.

You can get Ghost Size direct or from GNC for typically around $39.99 for 30 servings. That being said, Ghost almost always has 15% promo codes available from what I can see. I think this price is right on point for the style of supplement. For instance, you can purchase post jym/nutrabio post for the same cost. It is pricey, but I believe it is worth the cost.

Side Effects

Very few beta tingles. Little to no water retention.

Conclusion

Ghost Size is a solid everyday supplement that I would suggest adding to your current supplement stack. I had great results as far as lean mass gain and strength gains while taking it. I can't attribute all of my gains to Size, because that would just be unrealistic, but I do believe it helped me. Give this a try if you are looking for a good post workout that tastes delicious.

Overall
      Overall
      3.5
      2.0
      4.5
      Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
        April 3, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Smell
      • Heated To The Core
      • Increased Perspiration
      • Targeted Use
      • Hot Tingling Sensation Upon Application
      • Massive Red Rash

I would like to thank the TROOP Program and SteelFit for the opportunity to try this product. Abs of Steel is supposed to help primarily with ab definition, and their website says that it "may" help with spot fat reduction and water loss. It is a topical supplement that you rub in around your core. I think that everyone would love a product that helped you lose that layer of fat that sits above your abs or a product that helps you to look extra toned right before hitting the pool...well this product likely is not the product you are looking for. You are better off spending time in the gym and eating healthy.

The "Proven Active Ingredients" in Abs of Steel include:
      -CoAxel: a patented slimming active ingredient intended for the treatment of excess fat problems...to be completely honest, I don't know anything about this ingredient aside from what they provide. It sounds groundbreaking...if the claims are in fact true.
      -Coenzyme A + L-Carnitine: "Induces a 'One Way Fatty Acid Pump' to release fat cells."...I am a big fan of L-Carnitine for fat loss and am happy to see it included in this product
      -Caffeine: to help with lipolysis...I guess this would help with metabolism in the targeted area
      -Bupleurum Root: "G-Protein activation for tightening skin and reducing subcutaneous fat."...again this is another exotic ingredient that I am not familiar with, but it sounds like it would be very effective with achieving a toned appearance.

Abs of Steel also includes a variety of other ingredients that comprise the lotion like substance that carries the active ingredients.

This is a topical so there is no taste. That being said, it does have a scent and specific texture. I would say that the scent is not overbearing and does not linger in your clothing. Additionally, the topical cream rubs into your skin easily and dries quickly. I did not have any problems with the product getting on and remaining in clothing (no staining).

I used this product each morning before fasted cardio and sometimes again at night before hitting the gym. I would use anywhere between a dime and nickel sized amount of the topical each time. It was easy to use. Just rub it in on the desired area (abs).

This product is effective in the sense that it will make your skin appear to be tightened and more toned. Additionally, I have no doubt that it has a diuretic affect on the targeted area because you sweat like crazy. That being said, the product leaves an incredible rash for upwards of an hour to two hours after using it. The rash persists beyond showering. No one will ever know if you appear to be more toned or have "3D Abs" because you won't want anyone seeing the massive rash on your stomach.

If the goal is to look better at the pool or in public with your shirt off- this product totally fails you because you look absolutely ridiculous. Even if it does in fact cause you to be more toned, no one will notice because they will be consumed with staring at the horrid rash.

A tube of Abs of Steel will run you about $50. The tube will last you about 30 days. I don't really know what else to compare this price to, but if it worked as advertised I would argue that the cost is justified and appropriate.

Side Effects

Red rash on the targeted area. Increased sweating in the targeted area. Burning on the targeted area.

Conclusion

This topical sounds too good to be true, and believe me- it is. Abs of Steel is marketed, in my opinion, to someone looking for that last minute tone up before hitting the pool/beach/lake. The product totally missed the mark for me because I never wanted to be seen with my shirt off after taking this product due to the nasty looking rash. Furthermore, I don't see this product as an effective long term fat loss option either. I didn't have any noticeable loss in fat on my stomach over the time I used Abs of Steel. To sum it up, this is a cleverly marketed product that backfires on the end user. Not only will you not look any more ripped, but you will also not be able to take your shirt off at all.

Thanks to iSatori for sending it out!
        March 13, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • 1 Scooper
      • Top Notch Profile
      • Trademarked Ingredients
      • Increase Strength And Stamina
      • Pricey
      • Not For Newbies Or Anyone Slightly Stim Sensitive
      • Energy Seems To Never Fade
      • Sweaty

First and foremost, big thank you to the TROOP program and iSatori for the opportunity to review Morph Xtreme. I was very excited when this product first came out and I've been anxiously waiting to try it. I have used iSatori's previous pre workout in the past and wasn't overly impressed, but this profile got me all hot and bothered. I'm no rookie to pre workouts that are "efficaciously dosed" and touted as "all in one," so it was nice to see how Morph Xtreme compared. I would say the most comparable pre workouts would be: pre jym, pre kaged, clash, muscle marinade 2.0, and arc reactor.

I really like Morph Xtreme's profile! It is touted as a 7-in-1 pre workout and bcaa. I truly believe the ingredients cover the spectrum of what any experienced supplement user would like to see in a pre workout. The majority of the profile is full disclosure, and the only part that is left as a prop blend is the extended energy blend. I honestly love the disclosure of the majority of the ingredients and I think that is necessary given the recent trends of full disclosure in the industry. That being said, I understand the reason for keeping the extended energy blend as proprietary and I don't mind not knowing the specific amounts of those ingredients.

This pre workout has everything you need at clinical or near to clinical doses to help with energy, fatigue, endurance, strength, pump, focus, and endurance. As you'll see below, I think that the profile really covers all of your basics. Additionally, iSatori doesn't go cheap with its sources for the ingredients, using patented forms from Nitrogisine, Astragin, H+ Beta Alanine, MagnaPower, LeuciTor, Sustamine, TeaCrine, and KSM-66

The one thing I will note at the outset is the inclusion of 7g of carbs. The 7g consists of waxy maize and 1g of sugar. I haven't taken pre workouts with carbs included in the past, but I totally understand the reason for including them. They assist with endurance, energy, and muscle pumps. However, if you are someone who trains fasted, as I did for many years, this may not be the pre for you. I will go into the ingredients in more detail below. Morph Xtreme consists of the following five blends/complexes:

Max Pump/Plasma Expansion Matrix:
      Citrulline Malate 7,000 mg
      Inositol Stabilized Arginine Silicate (Nitrosigine) 1,000 mg
      Astragalus (root)(Astralgus membranaceous) Extract; Tienchi Ginseng (root)(Panax notoginseng) Extract (Astragin) 25 mg

Strength/Muscle/Endurance Complex:

CORE Energy/Focus/Cognition Matrix:
      Taurine 2,000 mg
      Choline Bitartrate 500 mg
      Caffeine Anhydrous 350 mg
      Yohimbe (Corynanthe yohimbe schum)(Bark) Extract (supplying 3.2mg Yohimbine) 40 mg

Extended Energy Blend 167mg:
      Glucuronolactone, Theacrine (TeaCrine), Ashwagandha (Root) Extract (Withania somnifera) (KSM-66), Cordyceps (Cordyceps sinensis), L-Tyrosine, Holy Basil (leaf) (Ocimum tenuiflorum) Extract, Reishi Mushroom (Ganoderma lucidum) Extract.

I had the Orange Mango Mania and I thoroughly enjoyed the taste. It was a perfect blend of orange and mango and was pretty sour (which I like). Morph Xtreme did not mix all too well at first, but if you give it a good shake it will mix properly.

I never took more than 1 scoop at time. I wouldn't recommend doing more than 1 scoop, purely because of the amount of stimulants. On that note, I would suggest that people who are sensitive to stimulants start out at half a scoop and assess their tolerance.

Now to the really important part! I found Morph Xtreme to be a very effective pre workout. Within about 20 minutes of taking it, I felt a smooth rush of energy and focus that took me straight to the weights. I also had a not so smooth abundance of sweat dripping off of my body right around that 20 minute mark and until the end of my 1 hour long workout sessions. This wasn't just a little sweat, but a lot. I literally had girls point out that they could see a mark where each ab touched my shirt...it ultimately made a heart like shape when it all came together to meet at my nips lol.

Aside from the sweating, I was able to really throw around some great weight in the gym. I felt like I was able to attack the barbell and push myself past my usual limit. I had tunnel vision and felt like I could go and go and go. Which leads me to my next VERY IMPORTANT point--DO NOT TAKE THIS LATE IF YOU WANT TO SLEEP. Boy the extended energy blend really works! I would take Morph Xtreme immediately after work (5 p.m.) and then go straight to the gym. I would have an amazing workout and then not be able to sleep until midnight or later. Note--before and after finishing Morph Xtreme I typically fall asleep around 9:30 like an old man (even though I am 26).

Aside from the sweat and problems falling asleep, this product performed in the gym each and every time. It made me push myself further than I would have been able to go otherwise.

Value for this product isn't too hot. Yea you get a lot of quality ingredients in it, but you also get a lot of quality ingredients that I listed at the beginning of this review. At the cheapest, Morph Xtreme is $32 and is typically closer to around $44 at most places. That may not sound too bad, but its a hefty price for 20 servings. That being said, I thought I had better workouts on Morph Xtreme than the other pre workouts I mentioned so I would possibly pay the added price if I had the money lying around.

Side Effects

The only negative side effects were the sweating and sleep issues that I noted above. The sweating is likely attributable to the yohimbine and the sleeplessness is likely attributable to the extended energy blend.

Conclusion

Morph Xtreme is all about performance and I honestly think it is one of the best in that category. It is pricey, but if you have the money and don't mind sweating and super long lasting energy-I would highly recommend giving it a try!

Overall
      Thanks to Vital 4U® for sending it out!
        March 5, 2018

• 14 Pills
      • Cost Is A Little On The High Side
      • Underdosed Minerals And Aminos
      • No Omegas

Big thank you to Vital 4U and the TROOPS program for giving me the opportunity to review this solid multivitamin pack. In the past, I have taken various different vitamin packs including: animal pak, multiple gnc vita packs, vitamin shoppe men's vita pack, etc. I have also taken various performance vitamins like orange triad and anavite. Needless to say, I believe that a good multi vitamin is essential to any supplement stack.

Vital 4U Vitamin is touted as a premium multi that is "the most complete daily vitamin available today." For the reasons stated below, I do believe that this is a premium multi vitamin.

The ingredient profile is incredibly inclusive and really does hit all of the areas that I want to see in a multivitamin. The profile consists of several different complexes that I will discuss a little more below.

Vitamin A--supports healthy skin, immune system, and eyes
      B-Complex--all B vitamins are included at doses ranging between 50%-100% daily value. B12 is not included, however Choline, Inositol, and PABA are.
      Lecithin--supports healthy cholesterol and immune system
      C-Complex--a really cool group of powerful antioxidants including C (of course), citrus bioflavonoids, and quercetin (among others)
      Vitamin E--helps in the formation of red blood cells
      Power-Complex--includes D3, D2, K1, and Calcium. Is focused on helping your body's ability to absorb calcium, and thus strengthen your bones
      Phyto Greens--includes a ton of different really cool greens ranging from alfalfa leaf to beet root. Supposed to help with healthy digestion. I really like the inclusion of this complex because I definitely don't get enough greens in my diet.
      Vitamin B-12--as noted above, the B-Complex didn't have B-12 but luckily here it is at 1,000mcg
      Minerals--this includes most of the minerals I would like to see in a multi ranging from Iron to Zinc
      Bee Pollen--is supposed to help soften skin and help with asthma and allergies
      Amino Acids and Enzymes--to be honest I don't believe the aminos included here are sufficient to make a difference, but I do like the inclusion of the various digestive enzymes
      Herbal Complex--is supposed to help with mental sharpness, focus, and mood. Includes ginseng, guarantee, st. john's wort, etc.

Overall, this multivitamin pack is very inclusive!

The only thing that I wish was included was a fish oil or omega complex.

This supplement is fairly tasteless as it is in the form of pills and tablets.

It is recommended that you take one packet per day with a meal and full glass of water. The single serving packet consists of 14 pills, which is quite a lot. That being said, I didn't have a problem taking the packets. I would throw them back with a glass of water every morning upon waking. I didn't eat with them and never found that I had any stomach issues taking them this way.

The fact that everything is included in single serving packets makes traveling with you vitamins very easy. Aside from traveling, it is just a very convenient way to make sure you are getting everything you need at one time.

I would say this product was effective in that I felt like I had good energy, fairly decent focus and mood, and good metabolism throughout the use of the product. However, I was sick twice while taking it. That isn't a good sign for me when it comes to effective multis. This has been a rough flu season, so I try not to hold that against Vital 4U.

The other reason I think this product was effective was that fact that I was able to quickly get all of my supps each morning with little to no thought. This is one of the best parts of a multi pack imo.

Vital 4U Premium Multivitamin cost the same pretty much on every website-$45. This means you're paying about $1.50/serving. This price is fairly reasonable given the inclusive profile and the cost of other similar products. For instance, the GNC vita packs run anywhere from $45-$80 for a month supply and animal pak is around $28 for 22 servings. I would say this multi is a good combo of quality and price.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is great if you are looking for a quick and easy way to get a lot of good vitamins and minerals. It is extremely convenient and covers all of the basics (except omegas). I think the people who will benefit most from this product are people on a calorie restrictive diet who need to get all of their micros. It will cost you, but I believe it is worth the cost.

Overall
      Thanks to VMI Sports for sending it out!
        February 27, 2018

• Keeps You Full
      • Mixes Effortlessly
      • Prime Ingredients
      • Great Recovery
      • Has Real Marshmallows
      • Amazing Taste
      • Not Cost Effective At 4 Scoops

First off, I want to thank VMI Sports and the TROOP program for giving me the opportunity to review this product. I almost always use whey protein post workout (WPI/WPC/Combo) and generally don't take gainers. Since my days playing football, I just haven't wanted to get any bigger so I haven't really had the need for a gainer. Also, gainers (imo) are usually full of tons of cheap ingredients and I feel that I can make my own gainer for less money.

VMI Sports Major Mass truly did catch my eye. I like the idea of a lean gainer. Plus, I have recently switched up my workout routine to include more olympic lifting and I feel like a few extra carbs/calories/fat won't hurt.

Serving Size 2 Scoops
      Servings Per Container 30
      Total Fat 5g
      Total Carbohydrate 31g
      Sugars 10g
      Protein 20g

At two scoops, I really like the ingredient profile. I feel like it gives you a good ratio of carbs:fat:protein. Additionally, I really like the inclusion of the various fat/protein/carb blends that I will include in more detail below. I feel like this supplement uses quality ingredients to help you recover, whereas many other gainers just use cheap ingredients to jack up the calories and save the company costs.

Protein Blend (Whey Protein Concentrate, Whole Milk Powder, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Isolate)
      Time Released Carb Blend (Maltodextrin, Legume-Based Starch Derived From Pisum Sativum (Peas) (As Carb10), Dextrose)
      Fat Blend (Coconut Oil Creamer, Avocado Oil Powder, Coconut Oil Powder, And MCT Powder)

I had the Marshmallow Charms flavor and was not disappointed. It tasted like you were drinking the leftover milk from a bowl of lucky charms. The product even had little marshmallows in it. It was honestly so good and I looked forward to it everyday. It is one of my favorite tasting post-workouts to date (and yes I know gainers are generally pretty tasty).

Major Mass mixed very well. I would usually mix 2 scoops in about 8 ounces of water and found that the powder mixed completely and had a good consistency. Naturally, the marshmallows float at the top of your shake...unless you leave the shake long enough for them to dissolve.

I never took this at more than 2 scoops, because I didn't feel the need for all of the added calories, fat, and carbs.

I think this product is very effective when it comes to recovery and adding lean muscle. I found that I did gain a few pounds over the course of my use of Major Mass, while still maintaining a lean appearance. I would think that it would be even more effective as a gainer if you were to take 3 or 4 scoops at a time, but at that point I would question whether a gainer is really cost effective. Therefore, I think the sweet spot is right at two scoops--where the product will help give you good clean calories and still be somewhat cost effective.

As another reviewer pointed out, the cheapest online will get you about $1.33 per 2-scoop serving. I think this is fairly reasonable for a gainer, given that the calories you are getting are from top notch quality ingredients like carb10, mcts, and whey protein. If you were to take 2 servings at a time (4 scoops) I don't think the value is very good.

Side Effects

Gained a couple pounds. Felt full after drinking, causing me to not want to eat dinner.

Conclusion

This is the best tasting post-workout supplement that I have taken so far. If you are like me and want some quality calories to help you get bigger while staying lean, this is a great option. I believe that people looking for massive amounts of calories can make a gainer for less money, but if you like the idea of a "lean gainer" this is a phenomenal option.