pfajgen

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by pfajgen

Overall
Overall
5.6
6.6
Thanks to NOÖ NECTAR for sending it out!
  January 16, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Slight Energy Boost
  • Possible Focus
  • Jitters
  • Sweating

I want to start by saying thank you to Noo Nectar for providing me the opportunity to review this product through the trooper program. This is my first nootropic formula that I have taken, so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect.

Noo Nectar says it will help you unlock your brain and unleash your potential. It is touted as a supplement providing "complete brain nutrition with over 20 scientifically-proven ingredients in a 1.7oz daily shot to help you be at your best in everything you do."

Noo Nectar has a 3.6g prop blend of active ingredien...

Noo Nectar has a 3.6g prop blend of active ingredients...which I am not a very big fan of (especially given that the ingredients are supposed to augment my brain function). The ingredients consist of: N-Acetyl-L-Carnitinie, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Alpha GPC, DMAE Bitartrate, CDP-Choline, L-Theanine, Huperzine A, and Yohimbe Bark.

It also has 12g of sugar, which is worse than the coffee or sugar free energy drinks that I generally consume for some heightened focus and energy at work.

Overall, the ingredients seem pretty great. Noo Nectar is supposed to provide a "boost of energy without experiencing jitters," and "sustained energy up to 12 hours throughout your day without the crash you get from caffeine or artificial energy drinks." Additionally, the ingredients are supposed to "increase both your motivation and capacity to learn and apply. With more focus, concentration, short term and long-term recall, language fluidity and general comprehension levels."

NOTE** this product contains an undisclosed amount of yohimbe. I am a very experienced user of yohimbe. I regularly take high doses of yohimbe hcl during fasted cardio when I am cutting. I know how it makes me feel and I know how it adversely affects others. I generally do not have an adverse reaction.

The taste is kind of like a medicine or, as another reviewer put it, like a 5-hour energy. I wouldn't say it is as pleasant as 5-hour energy, but it is somewhat comparable.

I tried taking this product at a half serving at a time and a whole serving at a time, either way I had similar effects (see below).

This product made me focus, boy did it make me focus! Unfortunately, it had me focusing on the wrong stuff. Within minutes of taking Noo Nectar I was sweating my balls off! I wear a suit to work every day and after drinking Noo Nectar I was afraid to take my jacket off. I would sweat like I had just got out of the sauna. Consequently, I would focus on the absurd amount of sweat that was pouring out of my body, rather than focusing on my work. This product must have a ton of yohimbe in it (or something else) because I have never sweat this much from a yohimbe product. Don't get me wrong, that is typically why we all want yohimbe (fat burning and sweating) but not when I'm trying to focus at work.

Also, this product gave me energy, but it also made me jittery as heck! It didn't come on smooth and calm, but rather hit me like a ton of bricks. I'm used to taking tons of stimulants and various forms of yohimbe, but this product had me shaking and unable to stay in my seat.

I experienced these effects regardless of whether or not I took a half or whole serving.

The value is just not there. Direct, you can purchase a 30 day supply of Noo Nectar for $100. $3.33 per serving is pretty high, especially given the fact that my energy drinks and coffee only cost me around $1.50 per day (and don't make me sweaty and jittery).

Side Effects

Uncontrollable sweating and jitters...for about 2-3 hours or so, resulting in added expenses at the dry cleaner (lol).

Conclusion

Noo Nectar is a really cool idea, but it doesn't perform as advertised. It is way overpriced and has too many negative side effects. It's still a mystery whether or not this product unlocked my brain's potential or increased my ability to focus...this is in part due to the fact that my sweating and jitters were the sole focus each and every time I drank Noo Nectar.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  December 28, 2017

• Increased Recovery
  • Tastes Great
  • No Prop Blends
  • Label Transparency
  • Purity
  • No Unnecessary Ingredients
  • Needs Creapure.

Happy holidays SR! I would first like to give a big shout out to Nutrabio for participating in the TROOP program. This product was one that I was excited to try for numerous reasons. First, Nutrabio is a company that ALWAYS delivers. They use quality ingredients backed by science and tested for purity. They fully disclose each ingredient, and don't include unnecessary fillers or additives. Second, I have been taking different creatine products since my days as a college football player. I have taken comprehensive post-workout formulas that included creatine like Cell-tech/Cell-tech hardcore/post jym/afterglow/nutrabio post/etc and I have taken individual creatine products like con-cret (or just hcl)/krealkalyn/monohydrate (every form)/creatine magna power/etc. That being said, I have never had the opportunity to take a product that was purely creatine, glutamine, and taurine. This was exciting for me because it gave me the opportunity to really focus in on those three core ingredients and see how they changed my recovery and workouts.

Sometimes simple and straightforward is the best option. That is the mentality that Nutrabio took with this product. The profile is simple yet extremely effective and backed by science. The profile is:
67mg of magnesium supplied by the creatine magna power
4.17g of creatine monohydrate
830mg of creatine magna power
4g L glutamine
2g taurine

This is an extremely simple profile, but it gets the job done for me! I like the idea of a creatine product without tons of added ingredients that I don't really need or want. I mean do you really want to pay for the additional ingredients if they aren't necessary? This product has three very important ingredients that I believe work well together. There is a reason why every "comprehensive post-workout" product includes creatine, glutamine, and taurine!

I received the fruit punch flavor. To be honest, it is kind of an odd flavor at first but it really does grow on you. I actually enjoyed drinking it each and every time, and even enjoyed the taste when I mixed it with my vanilla or strawberry protein powder.

CGT Max mixed extremely well. I would just add between 10-16 ounces into my shaker and kinda slosh/swirl it around and that would do the trick. I didn't need to ever shake it up, so I would say you would be safe mixing it in a cup with a spoon. I didn't notice any sinkers or floaters, so that was a plus as well.

I took CGT Max one scoop at a time. I would take it once in the morning after fasted cardio and again at night following my workout.

I found that CGT Max lived up to the hype. CGT Max was better than any of the pure creatine products that I have taken, and it worked as well as any other post-workout formula that I have taken, which brings me back to my statement above- who wants to pay for additional ingredients that aren't necessary? Sometimes less is more, and that was certainly the case with this product.

I found that I was stronger in the gym, but didn't make any crazy superhuman gains. I would say this met my expectations and was comparable to other products when it came to strength and power. Where this product really stood out was in the recovery department. I felt like I was able to recover much quicker, both in between sets and in between days. I would hit the gym hard day after day and never really felt fatigued.

I believe this product is a great value. You can purchase it through numerous vendors, direct, or through amazon. If you purchase direct it is around $21 and if you purchase through amazon it is around $20. For that purchase price, you will receive 40 servings. That is a great deal in my opinion considering that you can by pure creatine products for around the same price, and you can count on comprehensive post-workout formulas to cost way more per serving. I would definitely consider this to be a steal.

Side Effects

none, besides improved recovery and some strength gains.

Conclusion

Sometimes less is more. CGT Max is a simple product with a low price. It will give you better results than taking creatine alone, and will give you comparable or better results than many comprehensive post workout products. It allowed me to have better recovery, allowing me to turn up to the max each and every time I went to the gym. I would highly recommend this product, and will personally continue to take it in the future.

Overall
Thanks to International Protein for sending it out!
  December 13, 2017

• Quality Ingredients
  • Not Enough Servings
  • Not Tasty
  • Underdosed
  • Underwhelming
  • Sinkers That Stick

This is a hard review, because I don't want to come off as being too hard on International Protein...but I think it's necessary that they hear the truth. Like my coaches always said before making us run, "I don't enjoy punishing you, but it's for your own good."

First off, I would like to say thank you to the TROOPS program and to International Protein for participating. I was sent the 22 serving Choco Latte flavor. International Protein is a company that I hadn't had any experience with prior to my run with Iso Cuts. They are a company that predominantly serves the Australian market, and other international markets. I believe they are new to the US market, and have a solid range of products.

At first glance, Iso-Cuts appears to be a really cool product with highlights consisting of Whey Protein Isolate and various metabolism boosting ingredients. International Protein emphasizes the fact that consumers will get clinical dosages of ECG, HCA, and Caffeine, but a further look shows that you would need to consume 3 servings to get those dosages.

Per 40g serving, the macros are: 150 cals, 32g protein, .5g fat, 2g carbs. In each serving you also get 638mg Gardenia (HCA), 109mg Green Tea Extract (ECG), 30mg Green Coffee Extract (Caffeine), 33mg L-Carnitine, 3200ug Inositol, 3200ug Choline, and 132ug Chromium Polynicotinate.

As noted above, this looks like a pretty cool profile. It's fairly low calorie, the protein source is WPI, low carb/fat, and includes some really great fat burning/weight management ingredients. That being said, the inclusion of the fat burning ingredients is almost pointless in my opinion unless you really want to burn through a 22 serving bag of protein in no time.

Like I said before, I had the Choco Latte. I was really excited to try this flavor, but it was honestly a pretty big let down. I envisioned a coffee flavor with a hint of chocolate, but instead I got a watery and almost earthy chocolate flavor with little to no coffee flavoring. It didn't taste terrible, but I wouldn't say I'll be picking that flavor again in the future.

I always took this product 1 scoop at a time and some days I would take 1 scoop in the morning and another post workout. I would mix the Iso-Cuts in water, never milk, and would use between 6-12 ounces (I wanted to find the sweet spot). For me the sweet spot ended up being around 8 ounces of water. It didn't mix as easy as typical WPIs, and I attribute that to the inclusion of the various fat burning ingredients. Which takes me to my next point- once I did have the protein mixed completely, I better have downed it pretty quick. No joke, if I didn't drink it within a few minutes I would end up with tons of sinkers. This often resulted in particles being stuck to the bottom of my shaker. Now you may be saying "that isn't too bad, just add more water and finish up the residue!" Well let me tell you, the residue was stuck there. It was as if I glued little pieces of sand to the bottom of my shaker.

Effectiveness is generally hard to judge when it comes to proteins. Either you get the protein you need or you don't. This had a solid profile, and I believe I got the protein I needed in the mornings and after workouts.

This product is different from your typical protein, as it also claims to help with fat burning. I didn't see any noticeable results in that department. I had a tiny bit of energy (maybe) from the caffeine, but that was about it. I never took 3 servings in a day (as necessary to get the effective doses), but I still don't think it would have really made a huge difference because I would have finished the product in about 7 days.

So if you look at this product as purely a protein product, as I did, it was just about as effective as any. If you are looking for fat burning, look somewhere else lol

The value is pretty awful. As noted above, this product requires users to take 3 servings per day in order to realize the fat burning benefits...and this product costs a cool $59.99 for 2lbs which will get you 31 servings. That is just absurd. Think about it, if you took the recommended number of servings in a day you would be paying $59.99 for 10 days worth of PROTEIN. There is no chance I would pay that price for the best protein product on the market. As a comparison, for around $53 you can get around 63 servings of MTS machine whey. I know, its not WPI only, it doesn't have fat burning ingredients, and it has around 25g protein per serving...but it also tastes amazing and is much more cost effective. Alternatively, pick any other leading WPI product and I feel confident guaranteeing that it will be cheaper per serving.

Side Effects

NONE

Conclusion

I want to start this conclusion by saying, I think this is a cool idea for a product. I definitely think there is a market for a protein powder/fat burner combo, but the product must be more cost effective and provide better doses of fat burning ingredients. If you look at this product and take it for what it really is- a protein powder- you will realize that there are much cheaper/tastier alternatives on the market. I applaud International Protein for taking a somewhat different (but not totally novel) approach to this protein powder, but I will likely not be buying this product in the future.

Overall
Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
  October 29, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Rehydrates
  • Reduces Doms
  • Increases Hydration
  • Helps With Recovery
  • A Little Expensive
  • A Bit Of Settling And Floating
  • Sweet Tasting
  • Little Pump

This is my first review as a member of the TROOP program. I'd like to thank NutraBio for sending me this product and giving me the opportunity to review it!

IntraBlast has a fully disclosed profile, even including the amounts of flavoring. The ingredient profile is top notch. I feel like everything I would have wanted in an intra workout was included. The profile is targeted at 4 main areas: muscle growth, muscle recovery, strength and performance, and hydration. I honestly can't think of anything else that one could possibly want included, besides possibly beta alanine. Additionally, I don't mind that there aren't any pump focused ingredients included. The ingredients are as follows:

Muscle Growth EAA/BCAA: 7.2g of BCAA's in the 2:11 ratio (naturally fermented) and the remaining 2.8g are EAA's
Muscle Recovery Accelerator: 5g L-Glutamine (Kyowa Quality)
Strength and Performance Matrix:2g Betaine Anhydrous and 1g OKG
Electrolyte and Hydration Optimizer: 2g Taurine and 882mg Electrolytes

As I said before, I think this profile really covers everything you would want in an intraworkout supplement. I was fully pleased with this one and didn't mind that there were no pump ingredients nor any beta alanine as I feel that most pre workouts provide sufficient doses of those ingredients.

I received the new Sweet Tea flavor. Being a Southerner, I am very picky about my sweet tea. I found this flavor to be very similar to lipton sweet tea...which isn't a Southerner's cup of tea *no pun intended*. I felt like the flavor had strong hints of lemon when mixed in 16 ounces of water, and that it wasn't my favorite in that amount of water. I started mixing it in my big 40oz bottle, and in that amount of water I found the taste to be really really great. To sum things up, I think a fan of Lipton Ice Tea will love this taste. If you're a southerner and looking for your grandma's homemade sweet tea- this is not gonna get the job don.

The product mixed without any issues. There was a little foaming at first, but that is to be expected with a quality BCAA product and the foam settles very quickly.

I dosed this product at one scoop at a time.

I thought this product was about as effective as any BCAA product. I found my recovery in between sets to be very solid and I felt like I had extremely limited muscle soreness going into my next day's workout (which was a big plus). Additionally, I found the electrolytes and hydration matrix to be extremely effective in preventing cramping. The previous BCAA product I used was pure BCAA's and no hydration ingredients...I could tell a huge difference between that one and IntraBlast--no cramping now!

The cheapest I've found this product is around $36 for 30 servings...which isn't a great deal purely based off of the price per serving. I think there are MANY other intraworkout supplements for WAY cheaper. BUT this is a premium product and you get what you pay for. NutraBio really insures the quality of their products and only includes premium ingredients. You know, with this company, you're getting exactly what the label says. That is a huge value to me and I think that justifies the price. Additionally, this product is very well rounded and includes many ingredients not included in other intraworkouts.

Side Effects

Conclusion

This is a premium intraworkout that is worth the higher price. If you want to be cramp free and have reduced soreness going into your future workouts- this is the supplement for you. Again, thanks to NutraBio for the opportunity to review this great product!

September 10, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Performance
  • Focus
  • Pumps
  • Solid Profile
  • No Crash
  • Clumps In Container

Hey guys I decided to go out and try a new pre workout supplement from a company that is fairly new...this supplement is arc reactor. I have never tried any products from this company, but after looking at the supplement facts I figured I'd give it a go. I was not let down.

6g Citrulline/Citrulline Malate

334mg Teacrine
250mg Caffeine
60mg Theobromine
45mg GS15-4

Overall the profile is solid. I believe that most of the ingredients are fairly well known, thus no explanation is really needed. For the most part they are all included in clinical or close to clinical dosing. I know that I would prefer the inclusion of Creapure Creatine Monohydrate at a 5g dose, but the 3g is fine as well. Additionally, I would have preferred more Beta-Alanine in the product. As for the ingredients that are more exotic, you have Vasodrive AP and GS15-4. I did not really know much about either of these two ingredients, but after watching John Meadows (the formulator of arc reactor) and reading some articles discussing the ingredients, I am happy they were included. Essentially Vasodrive AP is a compound derived from casein protein. It is included in the supplement's "prime pump performance blend" because it promotes vasodilation. GS15-4 is a patented compound that is derived from ginseng. It is included in the "neuro-amp/cognitive performance blend" because of its ability to improve mood and concentration while reducing reaction time.

As I said before, I really like this profile and think it delivers in the pump, focus, strength, and energy departments. My only knock is that Granite Supplements could have used more beta-alanine and could have used the patented creapure creatine monohydrate (or an alternative patented creatine).

Taste/Mixability/Dosing----
The product mixed fairly well in water, with no real issues. The one concern that I think most consumers will have will be with the clumpiness of the product. When you open the container, you will notice that the product is extremely clumped together. It's almost like a solid block of pre-workout. That being said, I just broke it up with a fork and had no issues.

I had the tangerine flavor. I thought it was really tasty and refreshing. I looked forward to drinking it every day. It was fairly sweet, but not overpowering at all imo.

This is where the product shined. I had great workouts each and every time I took Arc Reactor. I had good pumps, solid focus, lasting energy, and best of all great performance. I wouldn't say that the focus was laser like. You won't get the focus that mesomorph will provide, but I felt like I was able to have good concentration. Additionally, the pumps will not blow you away. They were there, but nothing crazy. What was best about the product was the performance. I found that I was able to move more weight, and was able to recover quicker in between sets. If you want to go in the gym and get stronger, this product is for you.

Additionally, I found that there was no crash following my workouts. This is huge for me, because I don't have time for a nap post-workout.

I think the value is average. 20 servings for around $40 is a pretty high cost per serving, however I think that the product sells itself. It delivers every time, and to me that is worth the cost. For the average consumer this may be too high even considering the performance it will provide.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Arc Reactor will make you feel like Iron Man in the gym. I felt confident and was able to push more weight with each and every workout. I enjoyed the taste, and found it to be a great addition to my supplement stack. I do believe that the cost per serving is too high, but you get what you pay for. If you're looking for a pre-workout that will make you perform in the gym and move more weight, this is for you. You can find better product geared towards pump or focus, but I don't think you will find many that are better when it comes to overall performance. This is a well rounded product that will not let you down.

April 5, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Possibly Stronger Immune System

I have used other similar recovery products, and have been very pleased. I used to use biogro and was very happy with the recovery benefits, but when Marc Lobliner came out with this new product I had to try. In the past, I have been quick to try any product that he recommended. I had never been let down, in fact each of his products and recommendations exceeded my expectations. This is the first product to not deliver. Furthermore, I was asked to leave a review of the product on his website about a month after my purchase. After I left my review, that is much the same as this review if not more positive, I noticed it had been removed from the website. I am not happy about that. I won't leave tiger fitness a bad review on here, because 99% of my experiences with the online retailer have been perfect. Their customer service has been second to none. This however does make me lose faith in the website...because all reviews (even negative ones) should be posted under the products.

Overtraining Solution is supposed to "help you remain healthier, develop lean muscle, and recover faster from intense workouts." It consists of 2.5g of "recovery fraction peptides," 100mg of immulina, and 50mg of astragin. The recovery fraction peptides are supposed to help with muscle recovery and protein synthesis, and appear to be a better version of BioGro. Immulina is an exclusive ingredient to this product that is touted to help with recovery capacity, decrease chance of injury, strengthen the immune system, improve sleep quality, and "more." Astragin is included to increase absorption of the key ingredients.

The taste is not bad, it is honestly quite pleasant at first. However the aftertaste is pretty nasty. Not sure what to compare it to, but the aftertaste was present no matter which protein i paired Overtraining Solution with.

I used this product as recommended, using 2 scoops in my post workout protein shake. Throughout the bottle, I didn't change my lifting routine or my diet. I can say for a fact that my recovery was no better than when I worked out without using Overtraining Solution. In fact, my recovery was nowhere near as good as when I have used biogro in the past. That being said, I can honestly say that my immune system was strong. During my use, I did not get sick one time. I am not sure whether to attribute my lack of sickness to Overtraining Solution or to other factors.

Recovery-this product did not meet my expectations, nor did it have any noticeable effect.

Immune System Strengthening-I didn't get sick once while on this product, but I can not say for certain that is 100% attributable to Overtraining Solution.

This product is available for $50 at tigerfitness.com. Given the recommended serving size of 2 scoops, that is 20 servings leaving you with a cost of $2.50 per serving. On tigerfitness.com you can get a bottle of biogro for $50 that will get me (at 200lbs) 120 scoops, at 4 scoops per day leaving me with a cost of $1.66 per serving.

Given the price difference between biogro and Overtraining Solution, and the difference in recovery, I would consider Overtraining solution to be a poor value. Additionally, I would not pay $1 per serving given the fact that I mainly took this supplement to aid in recovery, and saw zero benefits in recovery.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Yea, I'm pretty ill with tigerfitness.com for not posting my unbiased and honest review...but I would have written this anyway. This product fell well below my expectations and gave me no recovery benefits. That being said, it may be helpful for immune support so if you want to pay $2.50 per serving for possible immune support then give it a try.

I hope others will have a better result with this product than I did.

July 5, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Focus
  • Drinkable
  • No Crash
  • Did Not Build Up Tolerance
  • Loss Of Appetite
  • Lack Of Pump

Hey guys I'm back again today to review a pre workout that will be a new must have in my cutting stacks. That pre workout is APS Mesomorph. I trained on this preworkout fasted 6 days a week. The only addition to my workouts was BCAAs intra workout.

The ingredient profile is solid. It can be viewed on apsnutrition.com. What I really like about this preworkout is that it has around 4g of beta alanine and 5g of citrulline malate per serving. I can honestly say that you will feel the beta tingles. The 5g of citrulline malate is right where I would like to be to start seeing some pump and vascularity...i think the clinical dosage is around 6g. Other nice inclusions are creatine nitrate and most importantly DMAA. Creatine nitrate is used in other preworkout products like c4, however DMAA is much more rare these days.

I had the rocket pop flavor and I must say that it was delicious. Honestly, as a child I wasn't a huge fan of rocket pops...but this preworkout tasted so good that I looked forward to it each morning. It reminded me of sweet tarts more than anything.

As far as the mixability of the preworkout goes, I found that it mixed easily. I would typically put one serving in a shaker and just kinda swirl it around for a few seconds (with the top off) and would find that it was completely mixed.

I dosed this supp at 1 scoop fasted each morning 30 minutes before my workout. I honestly never felt the need to change from one scoop. I can say with certainty that I would not go beyond a heaping scoop lol.

This product gave me great energy each and everyday. I had laser focus, the type you would expect from a product containing DMAA. The energy and focus would last through the entirety of each workout. I found that I looked a bit dryer as well from this product, which was a nice added bonus. The one area that this product may have lacked was in the pump area. Despite the inclusion of 5g citrulline malate (which i typically respond well to), I had minimal pumps. I wasn't upset about this because I felt like my strength, endurance, recovery, focus, and energy were all on point.

This product can be found online for around $35 at most retailers. I feel like this is a fair price considering the inclusion of DMAA.

Side Effects

I had no adverse side effects. Never had a crash. The only side effect I had was a loss of appetite. This worked out perfectly for me given that I was cutting for the summer. I would find that I would be unable to eat for a solid 2 hours post workout. This was great because I do intermittent fasting and fast in the mornings.

Conclusion

This preworkout is great for anyone looking for focus and energy. It is phenomenal for anyone looking for a preworkout to use during a cut. I would highly recommend it.

June 29, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Better Profile
  • No Dyes
  • Great Value At 12 Serving

"You went to school to learn girl. Things you never, never knew before. Like "I" before "E" except after "C" And why 2 plus 2 makes 4...Now, now, now
    I'm gonna teach you...Teach you, teach you...All about BCAA's girl." ---Jackson 5

Core ABC is easy as 123 because it uses simple and effective ingredients in proven doses and ratios. Further, Core ABC uses no artificial colors, sugars, or fillers. While it has a minimalist profile, with no crazy "new" or "novel" ingredients, it is the perfect Intra-workout supplement.

Core ABC has a great prof...

Core ABC has a great profile, providing you with all the stuff you need and none of the stuff you don't. It consists of BCAA's in the proven 2:1:1 ratio, high quality Carnosyn beta alanine, and citrulline malate. All of the ingredients are time tested and have proven to be very effective for me as far as recovery and nitric oxide production goes.

Serving Size 2Heaping Scoops(20g)
    Servings Per Container50
    Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
    L-Leucine 5g
    L-Isoleucine 2.5g
    L-Valine 2.5g
    L-Glutamine 2.5g
    Beta Alanine 2.5g
    Citrulline Malate 2.5g

The taste of Core ABC is great. I haven't had a flavor that I didn't enjoy yet (white passion peach, wicked white watermelon, strawberry pineapple). That being said, if you aren't a fan of sour tasting foods/drinks- this may not be for you. Core ABC is definitely on the sour side at the recommended 2 scoops. I would definitely suggest using at least 16 ounces of water for two scoops, in fact 16 ounces of water worked really well with 1 scoop (for a lighter taste). 2 scoops provides a very light and refreshing beverage when you use add them to a big water jug.

The product doesn't mix well at first, but there aren't many BCAA products that do. After the initially shaking it up in your bottle, there will be some floaters...but give it 30 seconds or so and shake again and the supplement will mix properly.

As far as dosing goes, I used 2 scoops intra-workout and found that to be very effective. However, at 1 scoop (making 100 serves of the product) you get similar ingredient quantities to other leading BCAA products such as xtend. I would use 1 scoop to sip on during the day, or if my pre-workout already contained a good amount of BCAAs.

I train fasted, and use Core ABC to fuel me through my workouts. I believe that using this product has helped me to crank out awesome workouts, even while my body is technically on empty. It has been crucial in helping me maintain as much muscle as possible, while training fasted on my current cut. At 2 scoops I found that this product increased my recovery time between sets, and decreased my soreness the next day following a heavy workout. Also, the citrulline malate provided for some really nice vascularity during my workouts.

When using 2 scoops as a serving, I believe this product is extremely competitive with other products such as Xtend, Modern BCAA, and Cellucor BCAA. When using 1 scoop, which provides similar amounts of the ingredients as other BCAA products, I believe this is the best valued BCAA on the market.

In comparison to other market leaders, such as Xtend, you are getting far more for your 2 scoops. For example, for the 90 serving tub of Xtend, you are paying around $55. In comparison, for Core ABC you are paying around $54 for 50 2 scoop servings. In my opinion, if you cut the serving of Core ABC in half (leaving you with 100 servings)- you are still getting a BCAA product that is as good or better than Xtend and other BCAA products. At half a serving of Core ABC you get 5g of BCAAs compared to Xtend's 7, 1.25g beta alanine which can be traded off with the added glutamine in Xtend (cheaper raw ingredient), and 1.25 g of citrulline malate compared to Xtends 1g. It's not even worth comparing the value Core ABC at 1 scoop to other undisclosed supplement fact BCAA products like Best BCAA, Pro BCAA, Beta BCAA, and Amino Last.

Side Effects

Will get itchy from the beta alanine...but that's what everyone wants right??

Conclusion

Core ABC is currently my favorite BCAA and intra workout product. It provides everything I need to help fuel my body through tough workouts. It has been huge on my current cut in helping me maintain as much muscle as possible, while training fasted. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a complete intra workout product- without the added carbs. It also acts as a solid post workout product as well.

June 26, 2015

• Amazing Taste
    • Did I Mention Great Taste
    • Solid Profile
    • Sludge
    • Not Widely Available Yet

(Background info on yourself, diet, experience, goals, first thoughts on the product and how you discovered SR)
    This is my first review on supplementreviews.com, even though I have been a long time user of this awesome website.

Background- I am a former ACC football player. I started 4 seasons, after having redshirtted my first year. As a result of my time playing collegiate football, I have learned a ton about exercise and nutrition. Basically for my 5 years in school, I was on a bulk...trying to get as big and as strong as I possibly could. Now that I am a regular person and don't need to lift the world, I lift to stay in shape and lean up. I played at a solid 235, and am now 200 pounds. Needless to say, after a 5 year bulk and my current cut, I am in pretty decent shape.

Goals- I want to continue to maintain some of my muscle, while leaning out.

Initial thoughts on MTS Machine Whey- It is a staple in my supplement stack, and has been for about a year now. It has been such a great product that I feel the need to share my positive experience with it.

Other supplements I plan on reviewing- Core ABC, Defcon1, Optiburn, Prejym, Postjym, Projym, Aminogro, and tons more that just aren't as recent...

Love that MTS Machine Whey is a transparent protein. Also like the blend of Whey Protein Concentrate and Whey Protein Isolate better than just Isolate. I don't mind the few carbs, because in the grand scheme of things they aren't too high. At 25 grams of protein and only 7 grams of carbs, Key Lime Pie fit my needs just right. Also, I enjoyed the high BCAA and Glutamine content.

MTS Machine Whey is one of the best tasting proteins I have ever used. My favorite flavors (in order) are: Keylime pie, Cookies and Cream, Mint Cookies and Cream, and Caramel Sutra. I would say that MTS Machine Whey (in all) is better tasting than Iso100, Projym, Cellucor Whey, and definitely Gold Standard Whey. The flavors of MTS Whey are great in water...which is what I normally use to mix my protein. The cookies and cream and mint cookies and cream is good with almond milk, but I still liked it with water. The Key lime pie was ok with almond milk, but definitely not as good as it was without water.

MTS Machine Whey has great mixability, however for the flavors with "pieces" in them (i.e. key lime pie, C&C) you will get some of the supplement to settle at the bottom if you leave it mixed too long. This wasn't a problem for me, as I would really enjoy the pieces of graham cracker once they got all soggy and whatnot.

I also enjoyed making sludge with my MTS whey. I wouldn't use Marc's recipe, but instead I would use a little frozen fat free whipped cream, water, and 1 scoop of whey and really really enjoyed it. I also enjoyed mixing Key Lime Pie flavored MTS Whey with key lime pie kefir. That tasted amazing.

As far as the effectiveness of a protein goes, it's really kind of hard to tell. Unlike pre workouts that will get you pumped or tingly, there aren't too many ways to tell how good a protein is. I will say this- MTS Machine whey is quality tested and Marc posts some of his lot testing on tigerfitness.com. This helps me sleep easy at night knowing I'm getting what I paid for. Also, I feel like the protein has been effective for me on my cut and helping me maintain some of my muscle. I would use it whenever I was hungry and needed a snack, post workout, and when I wake up in the mornings.

I feel like MTS Machine Whey has a solid value, because it prices out at around $.82 per serving which is pretty good compared to other companies such as Dymatize and Optimum.

Side Effects

Gains lol...but seriously, nothing out of the ordinary...no gas or anything negative.

Conclusion

It is easy to get tired of protein, especially when it is in a 67 serving tub...this protein however never gets old. The flavors are top notch and quality is unparalleled. This is one of my favorite protein's and it will continue to be a staple in my stack of supplements.