pcolley

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+11)
  • Member has been active for 7 years, and was last online 2 weeks ago
  • Member has only posted 1 review
  • Low community participation

Reviews by pcolley

March 21, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fat Loss
  • Increased Focus And Concentration
  • Diminished Appetite
  • Lost Excess Water Weight Immediately.
  • Pricey..but Worth It.
Being an engineer by training, I wanted to give as much evidence as possible to back up this review. So, that said, as of 9/9/2011 I weighed 217.4lbs which worked out to roughly 22% body fat [I am 5'9" with medium-high bone density]. On the same date I wore a size 37 pant and wore a large shirt. My BMR was determined to be 2131.93kCal/day and my daily average temperature was 98.8F. My resting heart rate was 75bpm.

So, with the accounting out of the way I started taking OEP. I began day one with a single pill and worked my way up to the 'max' dose over an eight day period. I would tell anyone reading this that the slow work up is an absolute must! I am not stimulant sensitive, at all. OEP was more than I could handle at first. In the first week I experienced mild insomnia and some minor hand trembling. Full disclosure, I am a medically diagnosed insomniac to begin with; what I call 'mild insomnia' might be more/too severe for you! I found that the insomnia went away after the fifth day and was gone for the duration. The hand trembling also went away after about two weeks. On day one I noticed a temperature change, my hands/feet were always cold; that became the norm and should be considered a mild but omni-present side effect. There was a significant uptick in both my energy level and concentration. This was a mixed blessing as it made me acutely aware of the increase in my heart rate (another side effect). The energy increase lead me to return to my bike (stationary and mobile) and lead me to 5mi hikes on a 3/wk basis. The appetite suppressant was so powerful that I ultimately had to set a phone alarm to remind me to eat. Mind your eating habits!

Over the two cycles I have completed to date, I have achieved the following results with minimal effort.

End of Cycle 1:

Weight: 180.2
Body Fat: 17%
Pant Size: 33
Resting Heart Rate: 62

I have recently started a third cycle and continue to work towards my goal of being ~160lbs.

I would recommend OEP quite highly. I would issue the following warnings for those starting out that are overweight like I was: watch your blood pressure, heart rate and water intake! OEP requires 125fl oz of water a day, I would say drink more to avoid blood pressure problems owing to dehydration. I experienced significant libidinal increases which was actually a negative for me as I was already more than fairly randy to begin with.

Pros:
-Significant weight loss possible
-Most side effects are minimal if you pay attention to what your body tells you
-Fairly inexpensive
-Stimulants increase mental acuity (would drop like a rock at night)
-Series BMR increase due to stimulant activity
-Increased cardiovascular fitness if you exercise (became harder to hit 160bpm on stationary bike as time went on)

Cons:
-You will sweat more than usual owing to the 'thermogenics'
-Tendency to feel cold
-Alcohol tolerance is shot. You probably should NOT drink while on OEP (even a little). I had a huge alcohol tolerance before, even one beer would knock me out while on OEP so I stopped drinking while on it.
-Insomnia can be a huge problem is you are prone to sleep-deprivation effects
-Effectiveness wears down after about 5-6 wks but returns after a 4wk break.

Note: My results may not be typical. Always be careful and know your own body!