pancow

• Member has been active for 5 years, and was last online today

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by pancow

Overall
Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  November 22, 2017

• Strength Improvements
  • Energy

First I would like to thank Quantified Nutrition for sending their supplement out to review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This is a carb supplement with multiple types of carbohydrate ingredients to form a mixture best used for intra workout or to meet macro intake if desperate enough.

Decent ingredient profile using rice starch and potato starch, along with honey powder, which was a bit different for me to see. There's 28g's of carbs, 7 of which are fiber (don't count for macro). 8g's of HBCD (highly branched cyclic dextrin) can be found in this, which in short is the awesome blood sugar spiker that hits your muscles quickly.

Another reason this was mentioned as an intra workout supplement is because it contains electrolytes. Overall this is a nice carb profile supplement, but for the price I'd like to see more HBCD per serving though.

Tasted perfectly like a coconut. Sweet, but not too sweet like most carb supplements.

Mixed perfectly fine for me and left no clumps or residue.

Dosing is noted as 3 scoops for the full ingredient profile serving size. I took this only on training days. I eat enough carbs rest of the time hahaha

Gave me the fuel a powerlifter needs to move weights, and I like to do accessory lifts afterwards too so I definitely always have 20g or more carbs mixed with BCAA. Would feel energy levels rising back up once I drank this down mid workout, and also got nice muscle pumps. 20g of HBCD will give me crazy pumps, so it was nice to see that 8g still did the same.

The electrolytes combined to possibly prevent cramps, but I usually don't cramp out, so can't say it was just this product alone. Lastly I had no issues with digestion while using this product, which is good because some of these supplements can give the runs. Overall the carbs did what they were supposed to do, which is provide energy.

$40.00 on their website is all I can find this for. Not the craziest price I've seen for carbs plus it does contain HBCD instead of just dextrose, but ultimately it's not that much HBCD for me to pay $40 for 30 servings. That makes it around $1.33 per scoop. Carb supplements are so common now that I can go on a particular website I like and pay $5.00 for some dextrose at 30 servings. Not HBCD, but same concept.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall this supplement tastes refreshing and gives the energy you need from carbs for weight training, but the price is still a bit steep for me to give a higher rating. Thanks for allowing me to review this product Quantified Nutrition.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increase Strength
  • Low Sides
  • Non-Methylated
  • Does Not Convert To Estrogen
  • Increases Libido
  • A Little Pricey

First I would like to thank Muscle1 for sending this supplement out to review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. 1-Andro is a great supplement for test boosting, and I also stacked this with their 4-andro and armistane. Great stack that delivered noticeable results in both the strength and mass departments.

Main ingredient used is the 1-andro that we can also see noted as 1-Dhea. This ingredient is non-methylated, which means safer for use on your liver. Also this ingredient does not aromatize into estrogen production, so if you want the safest bet for strength and size without the fear of gyno then hear you go.

Also included is the EPIC complex of ingredients at 600mg to ensure better intestinal absorption. Without these types of ingredients you will most likely not see any results because the body is not even absorbing it. Overall disclosed ingredient profile and right dosing can be made.

No taste really just some bitterness.

Mixabilty N/A. Don't open capsules.

Dosing for me was 2 caps daily to last for the whole month duration stack. 1 cap in the morning and 1 cap in the evening. I really would have loved to used this supplement for 2 months instead. I could only imagine the strength increases!

Strength was definitely increased. I mentioned in previous 2 reviews of their products that I had great results with deadlift strength potential, but I also went up from doing back squat singles at 325lbs to repping them out for x3. Going from a single to x3 is a big deal with overall strength.

Muscle size went up and was noticeable by gym patrons. Muscle hardening also occurred which made me walk around feeling pumped all day long. Libido was awesome and somewhat strange. I could seriously last long during intercourse to where wife was tired out hahaha didn't have issues in this category previously, but it was a good increase.

$89.99 is kinda steep, but for these types of strength gains I can see peeps wanting it to bypass the strength plateaus they may encounter. Once Muscle1 is more widely available I think they will get very high ratings. But we discussed this enough in all the other reviews so this should suffice. Costs a bit but is a specialty supplement, so can't expect it to be $20.

Side Effects

Body Pimples

Conclusion

Strength and muscle increases made this guy happy as hell. Effective supplements that cost a bit more than most want to spend. Thanks for letting me review this Muscle1!

• Pumps
  • Heightened Libido
  • Prevents Lethargy
  • Increased Strength
  • Body Pimples

First I would like to thank the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible, and big shout out to Muscle1 for sending this PH out for review. This is a 4-Andro based supplement that gave the benefits shown on their product. Strength and size increases? What more could a powerlifter want :D

Okay, so pretty simple ingredient profile. Product is based off of 4-andro, which is converted into testosterone and non-methylated i.e. shouldn't cause harm to your liver, but this ingredient has a very minimal chance of aromatizing, so a PCT should be used. Basically the safer PH product sold on the market are these kind. Then this also contains the EPIC complex, which in short is 600mg of ingredients used to help absorb the 4-andro more effectively.

Products with this ingredient HAVE TO have an absorbing agent or else it's most likely not going to reach the intestine for use as an anabolic. Good to see this in the product.

Taste of the capsules was a bit bitter, but not as bad as others I've tried.

Mixability N/A/ Don't open capsules to mix in water.

Dosing was 2 capsules daily (1 morning and 1 night) to make the product last the whole month stacked with their Armistane and 1-Andro.

Note I used this as a whole stack with 1-andro and armistane, so results are based off of the stack and can't necessarily mean everything was just from this supplement stand alone. Anyways, mass definitely came out with this one! I was happy to see my bulking went nicely alongside the use of creatine and high calorie diet. I don't necessarily do a shredding that much. Size is the prize!

As mentioned in my PCT review of their product, I went up from 5x3 deadlifts 405lbs to doing them 5x5, plus I went up to 425lbs 5x3. I also forgot to mention after these two I did x3 singles up to 455lbs. So yeah, HUGE strength boosts, which is actually said to occur from these ingredients when used. Overall effectiveness was a success!

$89.99 for this product is a bit much because there's a similar product just $10 more containing more andro based ingredients, nut regardless the product gave better results and is a specialty supplement. So to think these will be cheap products isn't really a good mindset. Hopefully the prices go down lower and peeps can give higher ratings on here, but it's been harped enough on all the other reviews.

Side Effects

Welts on the body, which are like giant blood pimples. Common to have from PH's.

Conclusion

Overall loved the results from Muscle1's supplement and definitely put on noticeable size and strength gains. Would buy later on if the prices go down as they get into more market spaces. Thanks again for letting me review Mass 4!

• Increased Strength
  • Cortisol Reduction
  • Vascularity
  • Increase In Libido
  • Possible Dry Joints

Hello SR. First I would like to thank Muscle1 for sending this supplement out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This is sold as a PCT to eliminate the off cycle effects of gyno and estrogen build up, and intended to help promote production of natural testosterone. I used this as an OCT (on cycle therapy) alongside their other two products for a month of good strength gains.

Many have covered this pretty in-depth so I'll keep it short and sweet. The primary ingredient we want to see is the Armistane, which is dosed 25mg per capsule. I took 3 per day to allow the product to last the entire month. Usual needed amount of Armistane is 50mg daily or slightly more, so 75mg made it workout fine.

Then there's also a complex within the product (EPIC) to help make sure its digested and absorbed efficiently. All newer prohormone products contain similar types of complexes for absorption, so I'm not going to act overwhelmingly surprised to see this in the supplement.

No bad taste like a lot of other PCT's I've used, which is a very good thing. Some made me almost gag because a capsule leaked and tribulus powder was on all the other caps lol

Mixability N/A. Don't open the caps to mix in water.

Dosing can be 1-4 caps depending on needs. I'd say 3 minimum and applies for most. 4 I could see more for the test booster, muscle pump actions than to prevent estrogen build up unless you have 2 bottles.

Worked beyond expectations, but remember as I note effectiveness this was stacked with their other two prohormone products. Strength went up definitely at a noticeable rate. For example, front squats I was stuck doing 5x3 with 205lbs., and at the 6 week mark I hit 235lbs 5x5. Yes, a PH takes a bit to kick in an will still be there a couple weeks after use btw.

Muscle pumps were awesome and also definitely noticeable. I'm the head trainer at my gym and everyone was saying I'm getting bigger everytime they see me. Wonder why hahaha but of course I was eating perfectly good for muscle gains and strength. Plus training 5-6 days a week. Deadlifts also went from doing 405lbs 5x3 to being able to rep them out 5x5 plus doing 425lbs 5x3. Tremendous strength boosts after I hit a wall for a bit.

As for estrogen, no gyno to this point and I didn't feel sluggish and sleepy while on the stack, which is a bad sign (not dangerous though) on a PH if you notice those side effects.

This is a newer brand so as with most it's understandable they have higher prices for supplements right now. This supplement worked well so the $79.99 price tag really isn't bad. These PH based supps are specialty products, so I don't really see them being the cheapest thing to find on the market like creatine and similar ingredients.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

Definitely one of the better PCT supplements that I used for OCT that worked. May try it in the future for actual PCT needs, but for this run I had to buy a different one. However, the concept of how PCT's are created with Armistane still applies to uses either PCT or OCT. Thanks for sending this out Muscle1.

Thanks to Gym Rats for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Fully Disclosed
  • Clean Ingredients
  • Decreased Fatigue
  • Very Bitter
  • Needs More Citrulline

Snup SR! First I would like to thank Gym Rats for sending Rat Fever out to try, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This pre workout means well by making sure you have, and can literally see, the right dosages for the ingredients listed. Everything pans out good, but the low availability makes the product cost a bit much for now.

Nice clean ingredient profile, which is always good to see with properly dosed ingredients. First you get 450mg of caffeine to keep the energy going for about 45 mins for me personally. Next is 4g's of beta alanine to bring on the skin tingles and store within your muscles, thus reducing muscle fatigue from happening too soon. This is 2g's less than the daily amount, so leaves room for you to space it out and not have crazy itchy skin.

Next is 3g's of citrulline malate, which is half the amount most would want for sports enhancement. I'm guessing it's this low because the taste would be much more bitter if there were 6g's of citrulline, but regardless still low for a pre workout.

Next is 500mg of agmatine sulfate, which could be another reason the citrulline is low so these two have a synergetic impact. However, if this were the case then there should be 1g of agmatine sulfate to make up for the 3g loss of citrulline.

3g of creatine monohydrate is about half the dosage for me, which is fine since I can just get the rest elsewhere. However, again given the products price and minimal approach to ingredients, I'd say more creatine or maybe another ingredient. Lastly is 50mg of theacrine for focus. Overall a minimalist pre workout that I can see many seeking if they get the price down.

Okay, so this is a raw pre workout so it's a given that it'll be bitter, but for those who don't know it says so on the label as well. Taste is bitter and god awful. Man up and chug it down hahaha

Mixing is pretty good, a little bit of clumping if you don't shake the hell out of it. Another downside to raw ingredients.

One tube before each workout was good enough. Two a day would be a little overboard on all ingredients.

Truly is a nice clean pre workout. Felt no crashing effects or feelings of being sleepy as a lot of these new ingredients being used do to my body. Strength was good alongside the addition of the rest of the ingredients from other sources i.e. the creatine, beta alanine, and citrulline. Good endurance along with the strength and fatigue not occurring early on.

Downside is the clean ingredients without extra stims makes the pre workout only last about 40-50 mins. Wouldn't even say and hour for my body. But still this is from a person who normally use a stim heavy pre workout stacked with a pump supplement.

Value is where they need to work on this, but it's a given because the brand is still newer to the competition on pre workout. I understand the concept of getting the exact amount of ingredients per dose, and being able to see them in a neat looking test tube, but that isn't good enough to raise the price higher than some of these others.

I do see peeps wanting this product due to the clean ingredients and not having to worry about anything illegal to sports being within, so if the price goes down from $39.99 for 30 servings to just $30 then I see it as a fairly valued product. For that reason I recommend this supplement, but price needs work.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall a decent pre workout meant for this seeking a clean ingredient profile with correct dosages every serving. Just needs to get a bit cheaper for a better rating. Thanks again for sending this out Gym Rat.

Thanks to Quantified Nutrition for sending it out!
  October 18, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digests Well
  • Mixes Good
  • Good Recovery

First I would like to thank Quantified Nutrition for sending Q//Whey out to review, and the SR TROOPs program for making the connection possible. This is a whey protein isolate product that tasted pretty good and essentially would have a decent rating if the price wasn't so steep for 30 servings. Yes as a product I'd recommend it, but for the price it hurt the ratings.

The ingredient profile is pretty straight forward, which is a good thing when it comes to protein powders not designed for "mass gains". 25g's of protein per serving is pretty nice and a few grams more than other competing brands.

Carbs are at only 3g, which again is another good sign as it allows anybody to fit this into their diet usually, and less than a gram of it is sugar. Fat is at only a gram as well. Other than this there's nothing else to cover with this protein powder.

Taste isn't too bad. I meant to request for the chocolate truffle, but forgot and received the Mexican vanilla flavor. Taste was on the stronger side for me with the artificial flavoring.

Mixing is good with no clumping while used in a shaker or in protein food creations.

Dosing is basically as needed since it's protein. I used every post workout and sometimes an hour pre workout if I didn't have time for protein rich snacks. Also made protein balls and bars to eat throughout the days and at night. Each serving is 3 scoops of 10g's, which is odd to not just be one larger scoop.

Well it's protein and it helped me stay on a good recovery program and I never seemed to lose any muscle, so I'd say it does what is supposed to happen when consuming protein supplements.

Digestion wise I had no issues of diarrhea or being gassy, so again this shows a good protein mixture to consume. The bag talks a lot about the BCAA's found in whey isolate and how they are absorbed better during digestion, but I can't really say it made a whole lot more of a difference. That on top of me using 6-7g 2:1:1 BCAA produts.

Essentially a decent whey protein isolate. Nothing above average or worse to report.

Okay, so it's $52.99 a bag for 30 servings, which i around $1.77 per scoop. I couldn't find it anywhere else but on the website, so I'm going with that price. I understand most brands display an MSRP price, but actually sell it for less, but there's no sign of anything cheaper since it's not widely available.

Whey protein isolate is a step up from concentrate, but I never really see any difference that much except during digestion maybe. Maybe when this has a cheaper price it'll get a better rating; just with that price it's not competitive.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

In the end this is a decent whey protein isolate that I can't say is anything different from other brands with the exception of being higher priced. Hopefully the price drops in the future, but until then I stand with the rating given and would recommend if cheaper. Thanks for sending this out Quantified Nutrition.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Hormones
  • Clean Profile
  • Good Cause
  • Grass-Fed
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Not Enough Servings Per Container
  • Bad Conatiner Design

First I would like to thank Propello Life for sending this whey protein out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This whey protein didn't taste awesome but was efficient for getting the muscle fed for better recovery, but the price is high for this considering it's only 15 servings like the vegan protein they sell.

Okay, so I understand this is a better source of whey since it comes from grass fed cows and free of hormones and such, but it's still a whey concentrate and not more refined like an isolate, so that right there doesn't make sense to me with the pricing. Regardless you get 21g's of protein per serving at only 110 calories each serving.

Fat count is only 2g and carbs are below 3g's, so it's a good protein for both leaners and bulkers out there. The protein is also cold pressed, which I don't fully understand and won't act like I do, but in the end it's not going to make it far superior than the concentrate I find at my stores around me.

Taste from the vanilla bean was terrible. I can't even find a better word for the taste and luckily enough for me there were only 15 servings to bare with hahaha

Mixing wasn't too bad but not as smooth as a lot of the other concentrates I've used and clumping did occur.

Dosing was only once daily. Couldn't do any more than that because of taste.

Regardless of taste and price, this whey protein did what it was supposed to and kept my body recovering properly as any other protein I've taken recently. Digestion wise I did get gassy from this and some bubbly gut unlike the other proteins I've used recently. Maybe my body doesn't like these fancier and healthier products because it's not used to them? Possibly.

In the end I have to take points way from overall score for the digestion issues as well since none of the recent products I had did this. Not really much else to say about the effectiveness honestly.

$31.24 for 15 servings of whey concentrate is ridiculous. I don't care if it's organic or whatever - the price is still ridiculous. Even a lot of proteins in the whole foods markets provide more servings for a lower price each dosage. That's more than $2 each scoop and people buying this might not even notice it's only 15 scoops I'm sure. Really dropped the score big time price per serving with their protein products.

Side Effects

Some Gas

Conclusion

Overall not a bad protein powder when it comes to what any protein is supposed to do, but I think the environmentally friendly approach causing them to raise the price on this so steeply is just going to be a bad outcome unless they get them prices down. Not enough rich people these days spending money on these when they can get a whey protein with 30 servings for under $30.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • NON-GMO
  • Vegan
  • Digestibility
  • Fantastic Taste
  • Immune Enhancing Benefits

First I would like to thank Propello Life for sending this vegan protein out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. I've never tried a full tub of vegan protein before, but any scoops I bummed off friends definitely didn't taste good. This supplement however actually didn't taste bad, but the price was the unbearable part.

This is a vegan protein so it's not as easy to say it's either whey or casein in some variation. Instead they have to try harder by getting protein from other sources such as peas, hemp, and chia seeds. Gathering up all the vegan protein sources we come up with 16g's per serving, which honestly isn't bad for a vegan based protein.

Along with this protein they also show you get all the 9 essential amino acids we need to survive, plus 5g's of fiber from the protein sources used in this product. Total carbs is 8.5g's per serving, but remember to subtract the 5g's of fiber your body doesn't digest. The flavor for mine was dirty chocolate, which makes the extra ingredient in this raw rich dark chocolate.

Essentially you get what you need from veggies to build muscle, but only 15 servings are in this container making it hard to desire as well.

Taste isn't amazingly crazy, but better than all vegan proteins I have tried in the past. The dirty chocolate flavor was perfect for me and didn't mind not having to chug it down instantly.

Mixing wasn't bad in a shaker with a ball, but my other shaker without a ball I was left with a grainy and clumpy texture when mixed.

Dosing for me was one or two scoops per day depending what I needed to hit macro's.

I felt recovery wise this product worked just as well as dairy based protein powders. Sure it's not as much protein per serving, but you can make that up with whole food. Plus most that consume this are most likely vegan so dairy proteins are not an option for them. Muscles were never excessively sore and seemed to react nicely to the protein as if I were still taking the previous one.

Digestion wise I did get pretty gas because that's usually what happens to me with too much vegetable intake. Previously pea protein did this to me too, which is commonly put in a lot of vegan proteins. Other than this an overall decent supplement to choose from.

Okay, $40.00 for a 15 serving container of protein is just too much. Don't care if it's organic and vegetable base or whatever, I think at least 20 servings should be in this to make it $2 each scoop you take out. Plus the price should be cheaper from the container being used for this product. Paying over $2 a serving is just too much for me to say this is worth paying for. Should be $30 for the 15 servings if anything.

Side Effects

Gassy feeling

Conclusion

Overall not a bad tasting protein and the recovery process was just as effective as the whey protein's I've taken, but the price just killed it for me. Thanks again for letting me try this Propello Life.

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Recovery
  • NON-GMO
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Slightly Expensive

First I would like to thank Propello Life for sending this out for review, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. This vegan based BCAA supplement seemed to work well for recovery, although with some minor changes I think it would match the price tag it has possibly. The taste was terrible for me though and I had to eventually add my flavor drops to cut through it lol

Competitively a lot of brands are giving us 6g's of BCAA's per serving, so that already kinda made this product not exactly at the price range for me at least. I see cheaper ones often, but I'll get into that during value. Each serving also contains the necessary electrolytes to keep your body hydrated during training, plus you also get 2.5g's of glutamine as well.

Sounds like a nice add-on, but might as well do 5g's to match the price and loss of a gram of BCAA that most offer. This is definitely a big factor for me in pricing: am I getting my money's worth? This supplement is naturally flavored, which I guess I don't like because it was almost unbearable for me for some reason.

1g of citrulline malate has also been added in most likely for better absorption into the bloodstream. Other than this the label really isn't a big difference to note anything else worth knowing.

I received the cherry vanilla flavor and just didn't like it. The taste was tart and bitter even with two scoops. Not sure why I hated it so much, but I just didn't care for the taste at all.

Mixing is perfectly fine and dissolved easily even in cold water. No weird residue or grainy texture left behind.

Dosing for me was 1-2 scoops for intra-workout use depending if I trained for 1 or 2 hours.

I did feel a difference in the way I performed my workouts while running this supplement. Hydration was there from the electrolytes along with it being mixed in water hahaha I did tend to have better endurance each training day which I believe was due to the effective recovery I kept having after each workout.

I'm sure protein, creatine, and glutamine extras a played a role as well, but without this supplement I think the recovery process wouldn't have been as well. Muscles felt great and I think if not for the taste and price I would buy this product in the future. Maybe if a sale comes around I'll try another flavor. More reps and more exercises does the body good, and this product help me do those endurance-wise.

$35.00 is a bit pricey for me when it comes to BCAA's. I know this is around the same price range as a lot of competitors, but only 5g's of BCAA are in this and that's for 30 servings making it over a dollar for each use. Just not enough of a reason for me to pay too much more than other brands that have more ingredients in them. This would be a killer price for those who can't have dairy though and need the BCAA vegan, but this doesn't apply to me.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall Rejuvenation from Propello life did aid in recovery and muscular endurance plus hydration, but the taste made me knot like it so much along with the price it is at right now. For being a newer brand out there they've gotten the price down a lot, but further cuts wold be more welcoming. Thanks again Propello Life.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 100 % Micellar Casein
  • Informative Label
  • Reduced DOMS
  • Aids Recovery
  • Taste Great
  • Versatile
  • Great Profile
  • Can Be Expensive

First I would like to thank Nutrabio for allowing me to review their casein product, and the SR TROOP's program for making the connection possible. Comparing this to other casein protein powders, I already knew it was top notch when the powder was fluffy and soft instead of dry and powdery. Definitely one of my favorite proteins, but too much for me to afford routinely.

Nutrabio's casein only comes in at 110 calories per serving making it a great product to use before bed, which is when most prefer to take this protein. Casein if you didn't know is slow digesting and gives your body the vital nutrients it needs to recover its muscles. Each serving contains 25g's of protein, which is a good amount without any type of amino spiking.

Not only protein though, You also get 5g's of glutamine and BCAA's as well. This helps save some money so you don't have to add too much extra amounts for better recovery. There's also less than a gram of fat and only 2gs of carbs. Overall versatile although I think it's cheaper using casein only at night.

Taste was perfect. I asked for the wild strawberry flavor and it was spot on. A hint of sweetness and strawberry and not excessively tasting artificial.

Mixing was pretty good although the quality of the casein definitely showed through because I had to shake it pretty hard to break it all down. Overall fine though.

Dosing is how you need it as most protein, but I prefer casein at night and use whey during the day. Mainly only took a scoop, but sometimes added half a scoop each serving.

Recovery I think was awesome while running this. I did add an extra dosing of glutamine earlier in the day, so I thing this helped create an overall full effect for recovery with the added amino and protein from the casein. Muscles were essentially nice and happy every morning while running this product.

Digestion wise this was perfect and not gassy. If I did take a scoop in the day it definitely helped hold back appetite being slower in digestion. Overall great for recovery and before sleeping.

You're definitely getting what you pay for, but the average gym rat isn't making enough to sustain the price of this honestly. It's $40.00 per 2lbs tub on amazon, and contains 28 servings in the tub. That makes this a $1.42 per scoop. Not a ridiculous price especially for the quality ingredients and fully transparent label, but still more than a lot of other products.

Side Effects

Conclusion

Nutrabio always delivers a quality supplement that is fully disclosed and properly dosed, but you have to keep an eye out for better savings when you want to stock up on their products. Overall a high quality casein protein that is worth every penny!