onder18

• Member has been active for 3 years, and was last online today

Reviews by onder18

January 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery

Hello SR. Onder here with a review. This time I'm gonna do my first review on an amino product. I'd like to thank Clippy for sending this product out to me as part of the bounty program. Hopefully this review is solid enough to repay him.

NUTRITION FACTS
    Sugars 0g
    Calcium (as Calcium Citrate Malate) 40 mg 4%
    Sodium 0 mg 0%
    Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 130 mg 4%
    Magnesium (as TRAACS Magnesium Glycyl Glutami...

NUTRITION FACTS
    L-Leucine (as Micronized L-Leucine) 5 g **
    L-Isoleucine (as Micronized L-Isoleucine) 2.5 g **
    L-Valine (as Micronized L-Valine) 2.5 g **
    Power & Recovery 1.75 g **
    InsuSpike Prickly Pear Cactus Extract (Opuntia ficus-indica)(pads and fruit skins) 1 g **
    PeakForce WATTS'UP (Citrus sinensis)(Standardized to 80% Rutinoside = 400 mg) 500 mg **
    Univestin (Chinese Skullcap Root Extract (Scutellaria baicalensis), Clutch Tree Wood & Bark Extract (Acacia catechu)) 250 mg **

So looking at the ingredient profile this thing is pretty well dosed from what I see. 10 grams of aminos and 2.5 grams of betaine alone would make for a good recovery product. But I think it's the extra ingredients and combination of ingredients that really made this effective for me. So let's go over what's in this thing.
    First off you have 10 grams of Bcaa's in the 2/1/1 ratio. There are other ratios and I think they are effective but 2/1/1 is the studied ratio so I'm happy with that. Bcaa's are supposed to help with performance and recovery and are supposed to be extra beneficial if you train fasted. I train fasted so that's right up my alley.
    Then you have the performance enhancer betaine at 2.5 grams which is the studied dose. Betaine is supposed to help with power and endurance. It's still a little under studied and still a bit inconclusive but it does have atleast some studies backing it's performance enhancing claims. It also is touted to go well with creatine and I take creatine so that's a plus.
    Now for the less known ingredients. First up we have InsuSpike Prickly Pear Cactus extract. This is from what I can tell for uptake. According to Web Md prickly pear is effective for diabetes and can decrease blood sugar by 17-48% in some people. Next up we have Peak Force What's Up. Citrus Sinesis standardized for 80% rutinoside. (wow thats a mouthful).
    According to their website-
    WATTS'UP is an all-natural citrus fruit extract designed to improve power and energy in trained athletes and sporty people.
    MITOCHONDRIA ARE THE POWERHOUSES OF THE CELLS. Muscle cells require a lot of energy, which is produced by the mitochondria, for daily activities and exercise. Mitochondria convert energy extracted from nutrients into ATP, the fuel of our muscles.

In vitro studies carried out by the University of Liege have shown the capacity of WATTS'UP to increase the mitochondrial efficiency in generating more ATP at constant oxygen levels.
    All these supposed results that the website claims are from 500 mgs. a day. Here we get a gram so that's a plus.
    Last you have Chinese Skullcap and Clutch Tree wood and bark extract. From my research these herbs help with reducing inflammation.
    So as you can see this has a pretty good ingredient profile with some unique ingredients that are patented.

So the dosing on this is 2 scoops and you get 30 servings. If you use 1 scoop you can stretch this to 60 servings but I used 2 scoops. The taste I received was gummy worm and it was awesome. I had this flavor with the GNC Lit pre workout and enjoyed it and I figured thats why Clipper sent me this flavor. I used 2 scoops post workout and 2 scoops after work on off days from the gym. I did not use this intra workout and I did not exceed 2 scoops a day.

So now the important part. Did this work? Well the answer is definitely yes. I used this as part of a stack. When I recieved this I did not change anything in my stack I only added this because I wanted to see the true effectiveness of adding only this product to my stack. My stack was my basic vitamins and fish oil, maca and creatine, and an intraworkout with eaa's in it(Cellucor Alpha Amino was the one I was using during this run). So keep these things in mind when I'm rating the effectiveness. So let's go over what I got out of this product. Mainly recovery. I seemed to rarely get sore like I used to and I definitely recovered quicker between workouts. I was able to regain my strength between workouts quicker and I added more heavy days. I like to train heavy with low reps but also incorporate medium and higher reps into my workout but train heavy as often as I can as long as I recover well from it and I always try and use progressive overload and slowly add reps and weight. I also like to hit each body part 2 sometimes 3 times a week depending on my volume and recovery. Since I have been training this way my progress has been better. While on this product I was able to keep going hard with less need for a lighter day. My progress continued and seemed to speed up a bit and my muscles seemed to get fuller. My first couple weeks my physique seemed to tighten up a little day by day even though I wasn't eating any different and I definitely wasn't cutting calories. Maybe it was the Prickly Pear. I don't know. That leveled off after a couple weeks though.
    Overall I was pleased with this product. I know some people would probably use this intra workout but I wanted to use it post workout because the instructions say to use it post workout and I wanted to give it a fair review. I rate the effectiveness of this well because when I added this to my regimen it seemed to amplify the effectiveness of my entire stack. So even though this was part of a stack I feel like this made a noticeable difference.

This cost about $40.00. Not great but really not bad for the results I got from it. A lot of people would probably use this at 1 scoop and get 60 servings out of it

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I was pleased and surprised with this product. Gnc may not be perfect but they have gotten better over the years and make some quality products nowadays. This is one of them. Would I use this again? Yes. I've already purchased another container. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you guys liked it.

January 17, 2018

Cons:

Hello again SR. Onder here with a review. Those of you that read my reviews know I love pre workouts and I like to try different ones. This time I'm reviewing Reckless by Mhp.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (4.87 g)
    Servings Per Container:30
    Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
    Sugars 0 g
    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 9 mg 45%
    Folate 75 mcg 19%
    Intense Energy, Focus & Concentration Activators (Total Caffeine: 195 mg) 488mg

Serving Size: 1 scoop (4.87 g)
    Servings Per Container:30
    Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
    Sugars 0 g
    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 9 mg 45%
    Folate 75 mcg 19%
    Intense Energy, Focus & Concentration Activators (Total Caffeine: 195 mg) 488mg
    Yerba Mate (leaf) (Ilex paraguaniensis) (4:1 ext) (30% natural caffeine, 20% Theophylline) (45 mg caffeine) 150mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg
    Legendary Muscle Pump Matrix 652.5mg
    L-Citrulline 500mg
    L-Norvaline 100mg
    Spectra 50mg
    (consisting of green coffee extract, green tea extract, broccoli sprout concentrate, onion extract, apple extract, acerola extract, camu camu concentrate, quercetin, tomato concentrate, broccoli concentrate, acai concentrate, basil concentrate, cinnamon concentrate, garlic concentrate, oregano concentrate, turmeric concentrate, carrot concentrate, elderberry concentrate, mangosteen concentrate, blackberry concentrate, blackcurrant extract, blueberry extract, chokeberry concentrate, raspberry concentrate, sweet cherry concentrate, spinach concentrate, kale concentrate, bilberry extract, brussel sprout concentrate)
    BioPerine (Black pepper (Piper nigrum) fruit extract) 2.5mg
    So I put the ingredient profile up from Bodybuilding.com. It has some interesting ingredients in it and in my opinion a decent profile. Definitely not a heavy dosed pre workout. More of a concentrate. I'm gonna go over some of the ingredients and what I know about them.
    So this has 195 mgs. caffeine per scoop and you can use up to 2 scoops. Honestly most people would use this at 1.5 or 2 scoops in my opinion. This is considered high stim but really doesn't hit that hard to me. I don't mean that in a bad way because you definitely feel it. Its just a smooth rush with a nice clean focus. Thats where I think the other ingredients come into play. The combination of theanine, teacrine, and caffeine made for a smooth ride.
    This also has theophylline in it which is an alkaloid related to caffeine but supposed to help with breathing also. I'm not sure if I noticed that or not but I do think it helped with the overall stim effect. This also has creatine and Elevatp. The creatine amounts to 2.5 grams at 2 scoops and comes from a blend. Not a great amount but I'm sure it was supposed to work in synergy with the Elevatp. Elevatp is a blend of fossilized fruits that are supposed to help with atp production. One ingredient that is interesting to me is Nuerofactor which is a patented coffee fruit extract that is supposed to help with focus. It is kinda like growth hormone for your brain according to what I have read. I can say that Nuerofactor and Elevatp are in GNC Lit which is one of my favorite pre workouts. There are a few other ingredients in here but I'm not gonna touch on all of them. Overall to me I think the profile is decent. Maybe a bit underdosed in the pump department but I think they were going for a more synergistic effect. Plus I'm sure focus and energy were the main objectives of this pre workout.

So the taste was blue slushy and it was not that good. Not awful and I could drink it but it did have a bitter taste to it. I've had a lot worse though. It mixed just fine and I used two scoops.

Now the part that really matters. Did it Work? Yes it did. The energy was smooth and it lasted about an hour and a half. I didnt crash at all and the come down was smooth.
    I had the energy to lift heavy or go for higher reps and the focus was smooth. It wasn't tunnel vision but I was definitely focused. This really shined on heavy workouts as my strength was always good with this. That was definitely one of its strong points. Pump was surprisingly decent. Not great but above average. I think the Elevatp and creatine combo were the main players in that. I was strong, energetic, focused and driven. I had the energy and strength to go for the extra reps and get them. Overall I was definitely pleased with this pre workout. Not my favorite of all time but definitely a keeper for me. I rotate my pre workouts and this one was always one I knew was gonna perform.

This is listed at $29.99 on Bodybuilding.com. and thats where I got it from. I'm not sure if it was more expensive then or not. I honestly don't remember. At about 1$ a serving this is not bad as far as pre workouts go. If you use 2 scoops the value drops some obviously. Some people will say that this is underdosed but really this is a concentrated pre and thats how concentrates are. Bottom line is does it work and for me this works well and I would purchase it again.

Side Effects

None. No crash or upset stomach.

Conclusion

Overall in my opinion an effective and underrated concentrated mainstream pre workout in a crowded market. If your training consists mainly of lower to medium rep heavier workouts than I think you might like this one.

5.7
      December 24, 2017

Cons:

What's going on SR? Onder18 back with another review. This time we are gonna review Supernova from Nutrabolics. A competitor in the crowded pre workout market.

Serving Size 1 Scoop (14.4 g)
    Servings Per Container 20
    Caffeine Anhydrous 200 mg
    Bitter Orange (30% Synephrine) 100 mg
    Theanine 100 mg
    Huperzine 150 mcg

So I posted a copy of the of ingredient profile above. L...

Serving Size 1 Scoop (14.4 g)
    Servings Per Container 20
    Caffeine Anhydrous 200 mg
    Bitter Orange (30% Synephrine) 100 mg
    Theanine 100 mg
    Huperzine 150 mcg

So I posted a copy of the of ingredient profile above. Lets go over the ingredients and I'll give you guys a breif rundown of what I know about them.

Citrulline Malate- Amino acid that aids in blood flow and endurance. A precursor to arginine. Good dose here at 6 grams per scoop and at a good 2:1 ratio.

Carnosyn Beta-Alanine- Amino acid that aids in endurance and lactic acid buffering. Goes well with creatine. 1600 mgs. is half of the recommended dose.

Betaine- Comes from beets and is good for lowering triglycerides and has some studies showing increased power and strength. Also goes good with creatine. 1500 to 2500 mgs is the commonly accepted effective dosage.
    This has 1500 mgs. per scoop.

Dendrobium- Primarily an adaptogen herb with antioxidant properties. Some possible performance enhancing abilities but not much really proven. Seems to actually be a pretty decent herb but is not the stimulant power that was made famous by Driven Sports Craze. That dendrobium was not actually dendrobium and that product was spiked. Anyone who has used that product in the past will l know what I'm talking about.

Theobromine- Caffeine like substance but not nearly as strong and seems to have mood enhancing qualities. Also seems to help with breathing. Commonly found in dark chocolate. Being that this says 12% on the label than that would mean 36 mgs. of actual theobromine which is a lower dose. Wasn't sure if it was 36 mgs. or 300.

Caffeine- I'm sure everyone knows about this one. 200 mgs. per scoop is actually a pretty good amount and seems to be a safe dose.

Bitter Orange- Plant with fat burning constituents. Usually extracted for synephrine.

Theanine- Amino acid commonly found in tea that has calming but not sedating properties. Pairs well with caffeine helping to smooth out alot of the negative effects. 100 mgs. is a good dosage.

Huperzine- Pretty well known and effective nootropic. 150 mcgs. is a pretty decent dose. At 2 scoops and 300 mcgs. it becomes a powerful dose

The taste was BlackBerry Lime and it was decent. It was a little tart but not bad. As far as pre workouts go it was slightly above average. The dosing instructions say to access tolerance with one scoop before increasing dose. Most of the ingredient dosages seem to need 2 scoops for optimal dosing so thats what I used most of the time.
    The mixability was decent.

So let's go over the effectiveness in different sections. Most of the time I ran this at two scoops so that's what these ratings are based off. Sometimes I used 1 heaping scoop but most of the time 2.

Pump and endurance- Slightly above average for both. Not bad but not great. At two I scoops I was ingesting 12 grams of citrulline malate and I did expect a little more. This did help me squeeze out a couple extra reps in my earlier heavier sets but wasn't as strong in that aspect later in my workout.

Strength- Slightly above average again. My strength was good in the first stages of my workout especially in my lower rep ranges but didn't quite last as long as I would have liked. My lifts were still good. Just better in the first parts of my workout. I rotated this with other pre workouts so I'm not sure about the long term strength gains but I'm sure the 3 grams of betaine and beta alanine were effective. But as far as the acute strength gains they were decent. Not great but not bad and better in the first parts of my workout. Like I said, slightly above average.

Energy and focus- Slightly above average again. Focus was pretty decent but I expected more from the energy. I was using 2 scoops of this most of the time which was 400 mgs of caffeine. It didn't feel like it to me. I'm a pretty stim tolerant guy but I did expect this to hit harder. I don't use exotic stims anymore(dmha, etc.) so this seemed right up my alley. It wasn't bad I just expected a little stronger kick. I think maybe this could use less theanine. The energy lasted a little longer than an hour than died down. Didn't crash but slowly faded.

This is a red flag for me. I got this on Bodybuilding.com for 39.99 for 20 scoops. I used 2 scoops at a time so this didn't yield alot of workouts for me. That and the fact that this was only decent and not great for me makes me not wanna spend this kind of money on this again.

Side Effects

None. Some tingles from the beta alanine but that's to be expected. Surprisingly no upset stomach with the 12 grams of citrulline malate.

Conclusion

A slightly above average pre workout with a way above average price. Did decent for me but didn't wow me.

Improvements I would like to see-
    1. Add creatine. Formula looks like it's calling for creatine.
    2. Add more servings for same price or reduce price.
    3. Cut the theanine dose in half.

So I hope all of you enjoyed my review. Any constructivecriticism is welcome. Thanks.

8.9
      December 12, 2017

• Extra Reps
    • Kicks In Fast
    • No Water Retention
    • Sour Taste
    Hello SR. Onder18 here. Time to put up a review for my new go to creatine hcl. Beyond Raw Chemistry Labs creatine hcl.

So the ingredient profile is pretty simple. Creatine hcl. Nothing else. 4 grams per scoop.

So the dosing is one scoop and it's 4 grams. This is the most I've seen for creatine hcl at one scoop for any product. Most products use a 750 mg. serving. They say that you don't need as much creatine when using the hcl form. I'm not sure how true this is but the 4 grams per serving here did an excellent job for me. As for the taste it was unflavored which meant that it had a very sour taste. Not bad but definitely noticeable. Those of you that had creatine hcl before know what I mean. Mixability was excellent. Instantly disolves in water. I dosed this at one scoop in the mornings when I got up and one scoop pre workout.

So for me this was an excellent creatine. Some people will say you only need Creapure and won't use anything else. That could be very true for a lot of people but I believe everyone has different effects with different things and hcl creatine works better for a lot of people including me. The results I got with this creatine were solid gains in strength and endurance. Nothing ground breaking but subtle and noticeable. Couple extra reps on most movements and a few extra pounds. Cumulative effects. I noticed some benefits right away but the longer I was on this the better the results. Pretty much the same I get with monohydrate just at a slightly faster rate. I did hit Pr's in a lot of lifts while on this creatine including my bench press and pull ups. I don't think it was only because I was on this creatine. I think my training was the main reason but this did help. I actually feel creatine hcl better than other creatines when I take it pre workout. I think this definitely helped with my pump when I took it pre workout whether I took it by itself or with a pre workout. My rest time between sets was reduced and my muscle fullness and hardness was improved and noticable.

$16.99 for 30 4 grams servings at GNC. In my opinion an excellent value for creatine hcl. This seemed to be a hot topic in the first review for this product. So I'm not basing this rating on creatine in general but on creatine hcl. I think that was the debate on the last review. I know you can get creatine monohydrate for dirt cheap. But my review is on hcl and I have not seen a better value than this. I haven't seen a serving size this big either. A lot of people can half scoop this and stretch it out to 60 days. Or you can get the 60 serving container for $28.99.

Side Effects

None. No bloat what so ever. Sometimes with mono I get a little bloat but not with this. If I don't drink enough water I would get some cramps and a dry mouth. But that was my own fault because everyone knows with creatine you need to drink more water.

Conclusion

So for a creatine hcl product I think this is a champion. This can be a staple or a change of pace for some people. There is even a study out now comparing creatine hcl and monohydrate and the hcl seemed to come out a bit favorable. I think it was an Italian study. I'm not sure. If you Google creatine hcl studies it should come up and I'm sure it is on Ergo log. But either way to each their own. I like hcl creatine, mono, nitrate and kre alkalyn and have gotten good results with all of them. I just like creatine hcl the best and this particular one happens to be my favorite.
    So that's my review guys. I hope you found it helpful.

September 12, 2017

• Excellent Endurance
    • AMAZING TASTE
    • Fully Transparent
    • Good Focus
    • Good Formula
    • Great Energy

What's up SR. Onder18 here with another review. On my back home to Savannah from this damn Hurricane Irma evacuation. My wife is driving so I figured I would submit a review. This time I'm gonna review one of the most reliable pre workouts I've used, Gnc Beyond Raw Lit.

Alright so talk about what's in this thing. You've got caffeine at 250 mgs. I usually like atleast 350 mgs. pre workout so I usually used 1 heaping scoop. You've also got 3.2 grams beta alanine, 3 grams citrulline and 1.5 grams nitrogisine. For those that don't know nitrogisine is supposed to be a much more effective form of arginine. From my past experience with this ingredient I can say that I believe this to be true. As for power you have creatine and elavatp. The creatine is micronisized mono at 1.5 grams. This is gonna be a red mark in the ingredient profile in my opinion. 1.5 grams is underdosed. Maybe they only did the 1.5 grams because of the addition of elevatp at 150 mgs. which is the studied dose. As for focus you only have caffeine and nuerofactor which had me a little hesitant to get this because I thought it may have been lacking in the energy and focus department. For those that don't know, Nuerofactor is wole coffee fruit extract. It is supposed to increase brain derived nuerotrophic factor (bdnf).This apparently has studies behind it. So does Elevatp which is a blend of fossilized fruit extracts that helps your body produce more atp. Both of these ingredients apparently work acutely( or so the studies say). In my opinion and based on my experience I will agree. More on that in the effectiveness section.

Taste was sour gummy worm and it tasted good. Was not a chore to drink. Dosing was usually 1 heaped scoop, sometimes one level.

Now the part that really matters. Did it work? Yes it did. This is definitely one of my favorite pre's. It was effective for me in all kinds of workouts. I'm not a big guy at about 158-160. And at 38 years old my metabolism hasn't slowed down much so I've gotta make sure I'm working hard in the gym for my gains. I like to train heavy and also mix it up alot. This pre always supported whatever type of workout I had that day. So let's go over this by section.
      Energy and focus-
      Excellent. Very clean and consistent. The focus was clean. Not tunnel vision but definatlely there. Never a crash. The Nuerofactor and caffeine combo was very effective for me. The energy always lasted for atleast 1.5 hours strong before it slowly died down.
      Pump-
      Full and dense. Not the best but above average and consistent. I got a pretty pump on my low rep sets also.
      Strength-
      Very good. My lifts were always very good on this. This was definitely a strong part of this pre and a big part of my really liking it. The strength effects were good in my low rep and medium rep ranges were good. I didn't have any issues hitting my numbers and I did set some pr's with this. It seemed that the elevatp and creatine combo works well for me.

Usually about 40$ for 30 servings About average for a pre these days. I didn't give the value a bad score because this was effective for me do I would pay that price for it and would definitely buy it again.

Side Effects

None. No upset stomach, crash, etc.

Conclusion

Very effective and consistent pre workout that I enjoyed. If this was the only pre workout that I had and couldn't use any others I would not have any issues with that. For me that's a big deal. Anyways that is my review and I hope you enjoyed it. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks.

April 5, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Performance

Hello everybody. Onder18 here. It's been awhile I know. Been busy with work and life. Everybody should know how that goes.

So a little about me. 38 years old. Slim little guy hardgainer. About 5 ft. 9 and about 158lbs. I don't bulk or cut. Just workout to shape my body, build muscle and get stronger. Pretty much a lifetime recomp. Right now I follow an intermittent fasting protocol because it seems to suit my lifestyle and I feel good on it. I workout about 3 or 4 times a week. Current supplements I'm taking are a multi, creatine hcl, fish oil and joint support and extra vitamin c and d. I also take pre workouts. I alternate alot of them and love trying new ones. Right now I'm gonna review one I just finished up that has become one of my favorites, C4 Ultimate.

So what initially attracted me to C4 Ultimate was the ingredient profile. This thing is loaded. Some of the highlights include 3.2 grams of beta alanine, 1.5 grams of betaine, 6 grams of citrulline malate, 1.5 grams of nitrosigine and 1.5 grams of creatine nitrate. There's also the energy blend which includes 300 mgs. of caffeine, teacrine, mucuna, alpha gpc and more. Overall in my opinion this profile looks pretty darn good.

The flavor I got was Cherry Limade and overall it was pretty pleasant. I usually used 1 scoop or one heaping scoop and the taste was always pretty decent. The overall mixability was decent. Not great but not bad. I can't really comment on the dyes because I usually use a black shaker bottle.

So now the part that everyone cares about. Did this work for me. The answer to that is definitely yes. I have kind of evolved my preferences for pre workouts. I don't really care for the exotic stimulants like I used to. I'm more of a caffeine, theobromine, choline guy. I like my pre workouts to have good performance. I like the concentrated ones also because I usually add alot of my own ingredients anyways. So let me break down the effectiveness of this product into sections.
      Strength-
      Definitely a highlight of this product. My lifts on this were always on point and I always hit my numbers or did more with this. Whether it be after work when I was tired or on my off days when I was rested my lifts were always good and I could usually push for more reps or more weight.
      Energy/focus-
      Energy was clean and long lasting. It kicked in quick and lasted my entire workout which was short on my work days (45mins-1 hour )and long on my non work days ( 1.5-2 hours). No crash, no anxiety and no jitters. Focus was pretty solid. It wasn't tunnel vision but more like a comfortable concentration on what needs to be done and how you are going to do it. I think that played into the strength alot. I was able to really focus on pushing through. This made for some intense sessions.
      Pump and endurance-
      THE pump on C4 Ultimate was enjoyable. Not a huge pump but more of a solid, vascular pump. The endurance was top notch though. Definatlely a highlight of the product. I think think the combination of citrulline malate, creatine nitrate, and nitrosigine played a big part in the endurance. That along with the stim blend which is very well balanced.

This is were C4 Ultimate takes a slight hit from me. $40 for 20 servings at most places. That's kinda expensive. I won't knock it too much because it is a true one scooper and it does have pretty good dosages of alot of ingredients. Pre workouts usually last a while because I often times alternate them. But I did use this one quite often so I would have liked to have seen 30 servings for that price.

Side Effects

No real side effects for me. I take all of my pre workouts fasted so once in a while I did get a slight upset syomach. But I get this from all pre workouts. I always worked out all my energy at the gym so I didn't really have a hard time sleeping. But I wouldn't recommend taking this close to bed.

Conclusion

Overall I was very impressed by this pre workout. The overall performance that I got from this pre puts this in my top tier of pre workouts. I highly recommend this pre workout and I definitely plan on buying it again. So I do hope you guys enjoyed my review. All comments and constructive criticism is welcome.

October 24, 2016

Cons:

Hello everyone. Onder here. It's been a while I know. Life and work can sometimes take a lot of your time. So I decided to take a short while and review a product that I have ran twice and enjoyed both times. That product is Erase Pro+.

So a little about myself first. Just turned 38 about a week ago. Been lifting on and off for a few years and started taking it more seriously a couple years ago. I'm a little guy. About 5'9ish 5'10" and about 158-160 lbs. with about 11-12% body fat if I had to guess(got about a four pack, not quite a six pack yet). I work out about 3 or 4 times a week and I just try to consistently recomp, get stronger, build some muscle and shape my body.

The ingredient profile is pretty much the same as the regular Erase pro with the addition of KSM 66 Ashwagandha at 675 mgs. which is a pretty good dosage from what I see in other products. This is the ingredient that got me interested in this product because I read about how effective it was as an adaptagen and cortisol reducer and also remember getting good results from Core Nutritionals Core Hard. As far as the other ingredients go you have boerhaavia diffusa which is supposed to have anti diabetic and diuretic properties. You also have Uncaria Tomentosa also known as Cats Claw which is supposed to have anti estrogen and diuretic properties and Pine Bark extract which is known for its blood flow and nitric oxide boosting properties as well as being anti diabetic.

Dosing was simple. 2 pills once a day, atleast that's how I took it. I took these with my vitamins and fish oil after I got up. Once in a while I took it pre workout but mostly just when I first got up.

Now for the part that matters. I did two runs of this at two bottles in a row both times. I stacked this with my basic vitamins and fish oil and creatine hcl(concret) and maca. The first time I used this it was the part of a lifestyle change for me. I decided to quit smoking and reduce my caffeine intake along with cleaning up my diet some(it wasn't that bad, just needed a little tweaking). I decided to run this product because I had success with the old Erase Pro and I also had success with Core Hard which seemed a bit similar. My hours at work also increased so I figured with the changes in lifestyle and habits I was about to have and with my increased work hours I could use the adaptagen and cortisol reducing benefits. I ran two bottles of this, took a month break and then ran two more bottles. I switched my training style up from usually always hard and heavy for 5-10 reps till I needed a deload to 10-12 reps consistently and adding weight when I get 12 reps. I used this training style consistently for both of my runs. After both of my runs my weight went from about 155-156 to about 158-159 consistently. My body seemed tighter and more full but not really super dry like a lot of AI's. My vascularity was even more pronounced and I gained a slight bit of size in my upper body. I think this is more of an overall test booster and body recomp agent than an AI which is what I prefer. What really shined about this product was the fact that despite working alot of 65-70 hour work weeks was the fact that I still consistently made small but steady progress in all my lifts and kept a cool and even keel attitude despite working in a pretty fast paced and stressful(if you let it) environment. Pretty much all my exercises 10 rep maxes went up. My workouts were usually always productive and overall pump in the gym was a lot better. Overall I was pleased with the results that I got with this product. It's not a miracle and it won't overcome bad training and a bad diet but it will give you good support if you train and eat halfway decently and it does seem to help you still get decent results despite having a lot going on. I would probably call it the ideal natural test booster product for the man with a lot on his plate but still makes sure he gets his workouts in

So this isn't really the cheapest product out there but as far as test boosters go it isn't too bad. Most places it's gonna be about 41-48$ online and in stores. Personally I think all of these natural test boost products are over priced but I think for the category it's in it's priced competitively.

Side Effects

Libido was definitely increased. Not too much but to an enjoyable level. Skin was a little more oily but not really too much of an increase in acne. Didn't get a big aggressiveness increase in everyday life but was definitely more aggressive in the gym. Overall mood was better. Sometimes I would get aggravated by things a little faster but overall I think my mood and confidence were both great. Did not have any joint issues with this.

Conclusion

So overall I was pleased with my runs of Erase Pro+ and I would recommend it. I think in a crowded market of natural test booster products this one does seem to give decent results. So thank you for taking the time to read my review any advice, tips, or constructive criticism is welcome.

November 23, 2015

Pros:
         Cons:
        • Muscle Density
        • Fatigue Reduction
        • Stregnth Increase
        • Vascularity +
        • Its On The Pricey Side
        • Some Aggression

What's up SR. Onder18 here with another review. This time I'll be reviewing a pretty popular natural test booster from a pretty well known company, Universals Animal Stak. If you've read my reviews you'll notice I review pretty much only creatine, pre-workouts, and test boosters. The reason for that is because that is pretty much all I will use other than my usual staples of vitamins, fish oil, and joint products.

So before I get to my review let me refresh some of you about myself. Slim little guy hardgainer that likes to workout. At 37 years old I'm about 5'10" and about 157-158 lbs. I consider myself a late bloomer and I'm in better shape now than when I was in my twenties(mainly because i wasn't sh** in my earlier years, didn't know what it mean't to work hard).
        I stopped all that trying to get big and all a while back and now I just want to keep getting stronger, stay in shape, slowly build muscle and mold my physique, and look good with my shirt off. So enough about me, on to the review.

So those of you that are wondering, this is the newer version of Animal Stak, not the one that most of the earlier reviews of this product are about. I learned about this product from the reviews here and realized by looking at the ingredient profile that this was the newer version so at first I was a little hesitant. The ingredients for both versions seemed similar so I decided to go ahead and try it. As far as the ingredient profile goes it's pretty much 5 prop blends. I have to admit that the ingredients do look impressive but the amounts look like they can be under dosed. I'm guessing that they were counting on a synergy with the ingredients. Some of the highlights of the ingredient profile are Alpha GPC, Longjack, ZMA, and Tribulus. There's also Maca, which I really like and a couple different forms of carnitine which I also like.
        There are other ingredients but those are what I would consider the highlights. Like I said, I like the ingredients and feel like they were going for a synergistic effect with the dosages and the combinations. This product pretty much claims free testosterone increase, strength and lean mass.

No taste, just pills. A pack of 8 pills if I recall correctly. Not too much of a hassle if you are used to taking pills. I dosed this pre workout and when I got up in the afternoon on my off days(I work nights). I ran 2 containers of this. I ran 1 container then waited one week and ran the other container. So I pretty much followed the dosing instructions.

So I ran this with Kre alkalyn and extra Maca. I run Maca quite often so I know the effects of that and can easily differentiate the effects of each. I was running a 4 days on and 3 days off split and my workouts were usually pretty quick because I was working out before work. My reps were usually in the 5-8 range and I was mainly training for strength and lean gains. My first week of taking this the effects were mellow but still felt. My motivation in the gym was increased and after I got going I was all into it even if I was tired. My strength was slowly but steadily climbing. Most notable was my actual strength and not so much my reps. My reps did slowly increase also but my actual strength and power were more noticable, not earth shattering but slightly better than if I wasn't using Animal Stak. I will say that my most notable improvements came in my sqauts and pullups. I didn't try to add alot of reps to my pullups, just a little extra weight hanging off me and using better form. These results kept pretty much the same for both cans and my week in between.
        As far as my libido that was hot and cold. The first couple nights my libido shot up. After that it tapered down. It was still higher than it usually is but not as high as it was the first few days, which is okay because my libido has always been pretty decent and too much of an increase can be distracting. Now as far as body recomp effects, I will say that I could definitely tell some leaning and hardening. I wasn't trying to diet down or up, I was eating like I normally do and my abs and waistline were looking alot tighter and more defined. My muscles were also feeling a little fuller and harder than they usually would from just Kre alkalyn and my vascularity was very noticable. I'm already pretty vascular in my arms but this was becoming more pronounced and veins in my shoulders and obliques were popping pretty nice also. All of these effects were also noticed on the first container and second. Also I did not use a pre workout the entire time I was using Animal Stak.

This is were the product takes a hit. 3 weeks worth for usually between $33-40 online and usually over $50 at the Vitamin Shoppe and GNC. I got 2 of these for about $50 each at the Vitamin Shoppe with my end of year points rewards coupon. If this product were cheaper I would run it alot more often. I will still probably buy another couple of cans of this in the future and run it with Erase Pro.

Side Effects

Oily skin. Libido boost. Extra aggression( not bad, but noticable). Extra drive and motivation in the gym.

Conclusion

Overall a good product that did enjoy and plan on running again. Just wish the value was a little better. So I thank all of you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you found it helpful.

September 21, 2015

Pros:
         Cons:
        • You Feel Stronger
        • No Feeling Of Being Bloated
        • Easy To Take In Pill Form
        • More Endurance
        • Very Affordable
        • Kept Gains
        • Cotton Mouth If You Dont Drink Enough Water

Hello SR. It's onder18 again with an another late night review. This time I decided to review All American EFX Kre Alkalyn creatine, one of the most well known creatine products out there. I've used this product alot so I feel as if I can give it a pretty thorough review. I actually learned about this product surfing the internet and reading reviews about it on here.

The ingredient profile is pretty simple, kre alkalyn creatine at 750 mgs. a pill. Let me give you a rundown of what kre alkalyn is. I'm gonna explain this in my own words the best I can without getting too scientific and without copying and pasting a write up on it. Kre alkalyn is creatine monohydrate with an added buffer. The buffer is added to change the ph of the creatine to adjust to the acidic environment of your stomach and reduce breakdown to creatinine(the waste product of creatine). Because of this added buffer it's supposed to absorb faster and better and require a smaller dose. Whether or not all of this is true or not I don't know, but these are the claims in a nutshell. What I do know is that creatine monohydrate is the one with countless studies proving it works and this is creatine monohydrate, just with an added buffer.

These are capsules so they have no taste. My dosing varied from 2-8 a day. I'll explain more about this in the effectiveness section.

So I started taking this creatine a few months after I started lifting weights. I switched from a cheap Wal Mart brand creatine pill to this and honestly I could tell a difference right away. My strength started climbing faster and my endurance slightly increased. At the time I was unloading trucks by hand for a living so I decided to up the dosage since my work was very physically demanding and I felt like I needed the extra creatine. I upped my dosage from 2 pre and 1 post to 2 pre and 2 post with 2 before work. I noticed the difference at the gym and at work. I was peforming most of my sets in the 5-10 rep range and the weights started getting easier and going up. My power and endurance at work also seemed better, especially in the mornings. Soon after that I added more volume to my workouts and also started incorporating more reps.
        I changed up the dosing again to accommodate my training schedule and work. This time I used 4 pre and 4 post and sometimes stacked it with All American EFX K Otic pre workout. This usually made for a really good workout. My strength slowly kept climbing. Not as fast as a few moths before but still better than if I wasn't using Kre alkalyn.
        Eventually I got promoted to a supervisor position so I changed up my dosing again since this time I wasn't working nearly as physically hard at my job. I settled on 2 pre and 2 post with 4 pre on my heavier bench and sqaut days. This dosing protocol was my regular dosing for a while.
        So as you can see I varied my dosing quite a bit to adjust to my work and training.
        On a different note I wanted to do a little compare and contrast. I know alot of people love Creapure and think other creatines are a waste of money. Now I've used Creapure and enjoyed it. I would like to compare my results that I got with each in different categories since often online you see alot of creatine monohydrate vs. kre alkalyn threads. So here goes.

1. Strength- I have to give the edge to kre alkalyn. I gained better actual lower rep strength with kre alkalyn vs. Creapure,
        I just seemed a little stronger and more powerful with kre alkalyn although I did feel a little difference with both.
        2. Endurance- I got slightly better endurance in the weight room with Creapure. However cardio endurance and endurance at work seemed to be better with kre alkalyn.
        3. Recovery- Recovery between sets and after workouts was better with Creapure.
        4. Muscle fullness- Muscle fullness was better with Creapure. It was there with kre alkalyn but not as much as Creapure
        5. Muscle building- Niether. I'm a hardgainer and a smaller guy. I depend on my diet and training to gain size. If I had to pick, I gained a slight bit more weight with Creapure but a little more strength with kre alkalyn.
        6. Pump- Better pump using Creapure, better vascularity and muscle hardness in the gym and throughout the day using kre alkalyn.
        7. Side effects- I didn't really get side effects with either. A little cotton mouth and increased thirst if you don't increase your water intake, but thats with any creatine.

Side notes- The only type of creatine mono that I've used is Creapure so I can't comment on non Creapure monohydrate.
        Also the only kre alkalyn I've used is All American EFX kre alkalyn as I prefer them because they are the patent holders. So I can't comment on other kre alkalyn creatines.
        Keep in mind, all of this represents my opinions and experiences using these products and yours may very well be different.

$22.99 on Bodybuilding.com for 240 pills is a pretty good value in my opinion. Most places you go this is not that expensive at all. Granted this isn't as cheap as regular creatine monohydrate or Creapure, but compared to most other creatines and creatine blends out there the value is pretty good.

Side Effects

No bloating, upset stomach, etc. Minimal water retention. No side effects other than maybe a little cotton mouth if you don't drink enough water, just like any creatine.

Conclusion

So as you can tell I'm a fan of kre alkalyn. I believe it's perfect for strength training and for recomping which is what I'm always doing. If you get side effects from creatine monohydrate or are just looking for a change in pace I believe this creatine is worth a shot. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you found it helpful.

August 30, 2015

• Great Pumps
        • Increased Muscle Growth
        • Strength Increase

Hello SR. Onder18 back with another review. I've been meaning to do a couple reviews but I've just been so darn busy at work. Anyway, I have a little free time so I decided to review my favorite creatine, APS Creatine Nitrate.

So we aren,t copy and pasting the ingredient profiles any more so instead I just posted a couple pictures of the bottle and label. I hope I did that right.
          I would like to go over the ingredients because they are actually a pretty simple combination but work very well together.
          You've got creatine nitrate, dicreati...

You've got creatine nitrate, dicreatine malate, and vitamin c. Creatine nitrate is creatine bound to nitrates, supposed to absorb better and faster in your system and be alot more water soluble. Creatine nitrate also has the added benefit of nitrates which will increase your nitric oxide and endurance output. Dicreatine malate is creatine bound to malic acid which is supposed to also help with absorption and endurance. Malic acid is supposed to play an important role in the krebs cycle and for energy and atp production. Lastly we have vitamin c which is supposed to help a little with nitic oxide in its own right and also serves as an antioxidant and to help reduce nitrate tolerance. All in all a profile that looks like it is geared towards strength and pump.

So I can't comment on taste because they are pills. The dosing protocol I followed was 4 pills pre workout and 4 pills post workout like it says on the bottle. It also never mentions anything about off days in the dosing instructions so I dosed 4 pills in the a.m. and 4 pills in the p.m. on off days.

So I ran 1 bottle of this and then I reevaluated my training. I realized that I was always getting a pump when I trained but my weights were not going up because I was overtraining. I didn't panic because I do that quite often. Instead I do what I always do in that situation, go easy for a couple weeks and then work my way back up using the 6-12 rep range. I used to travel alot for my job so I tried to overcompensate by going super heavy(for me) multiple workouts in a row. My body could never handle that and I knew it, I was just stubborn. When I started back training smart my gains started coming back and started exceeding my previous bests. I could tell this creatine was working because I had been in that situation before and I was gaining strength and a little size quicker than I have when I've used other creatines. The pump I used to get in the gym was great and alot of times I don't train for pump but regardless of what, good or bad workout or heavy or light I always got a pump when I was on this creatine. My muscles always felt full whether I was training or not(of course they felt more full during training) and my vascularity throughout the day was notably increased. At the end of 2 bottles on my second run(my real run) I had gained about 1 pound but looked leaner and tighter and went up on all my major lifts. Nothing drastic but good for me none the less. I've listed some of my notable increases below.
          Bench Press 185*6 reps to 185*8 reps
          Pullups 15 reps to 17 reps
          Sqauts 265*8 reps 275*9 reps
          Seated Military press 135*7 reps to 135*9 reps
          One arm pushups 32 reps to 45 reps
          Deadlift went up about 45 pounds but I'm not going to count that since I just started training it on a regular basis again. When I was traveling for my job I would follow a calisthenics program I came up with myself. I truly believe that if I was home more to have a more regular training program and frequency that my gains would have been much better. I have since went back to my old job which is night shift but I am home every night(every morning actually) and do not travel so I can train before work every afternoon. I will be bringing this creatine back out so I can see what kind of gains I can make now that I have a more structured schedule.

Most places online I look this is sold for $29.99 for 200 caps. For what you get I believe this is a reasonable price.

Side Effects

I didn't experience any negative side effects from this. Water weight seemed minimal yet my muscles always felt full. Absolutely no bloat, at least not for me.

Conclusion

Excellent creatine and in my opinion a must try. I know that creatine monohydrate is the one with the most studies and that Creapure is super cheap and proven effective. Honestly I agree Creapure is very cheap and it is effective. But I like to try new things and so do alot of people. If you are one of those people I believe you will enjoy APS Creatine Nitrate. I know I did and will be using it again. So anyways, I hope you enjoyed my review and found it helpful. Any constructive criticism is welcome.