onder18

Reviews by onder18

6.7
  May 9, 2018

• Good Focus
  • Strength
  • Endurance
  • Value Could Be Better

Greetings SR fam. Onder18 back with another review. Another pre workout review actually. You guys can probably tell by now I like pre workouts ha? This time I'm reviewing Perfomix Ion Iridium. I used this as part of my rotation primarily with Bpi Sports Bam a couple months ago.

So those of you that have read my reviews know my basic introduction. 39 year old hardgainer. About 164-165 lbs. I train to slowly gain muscle and stay lean. No bulking or cutting. Lifetime recomp.

Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 30 mg ...

Niacin (as Nicotinic Acid) 30 mg 150%

Sustained Muscular Endurance Blend
Carnosyn Beta Alanine, L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1, Betaine
Anhydrous, TeaCrine TheaCrine, Advantra Z Bitter Orange
(Citrus aurantium) Extract (fruit) [supplying synephrine,
n-methyltyramine, hordenine, tyramine and octopamine],
BioPerine Black Pepper (Piper nigrum) Extract (fruit)
[std. to 95% Piperine], Rauwolscine (Rauvolfia canescens)
Extract (bark) [std. to 90% Alpha Yohimbine HCl]
Perpetual mTOR Muscular Growth Matrix
PA TERRA-LMP Complex [Mediator Phosphatidic Acid (Glycine
max) [Std. 50% Phosphatidic Acid] and Glycerol Dibehenate
(supplying Glycerol)], L-Leucine, Creatine HCl, KSM-66
Ashwagandha ( Withania somnifera) Extract (root) [Std. 5%
Withanolides], N-Acetyl L-Tyrosine, Caffeine (175 mg),
Cognizin Citicoline

So I put up a copy of the ingredient profile. Those numbers are for 1 scoop. As you can see this thing is loaded. The thing is though it's all in a prop blend and alot of the ingredients are underdosed. Honestly I'm not crazy about prop blends but they don't bother me as much as some people. Don't get me wrong I prefer a fully disclosed profile.
So there are alot of things in this pre workout. Let's go over some of them.

Beta alanine, betaine anhydrous, and creatine hcl- three good natural performance enhancing ingredients for strength, power, and endurance. Recommended dosages of each are at least 1500 mgs. for betaine, 1600-3200 mgs for beta alanine, and 1500-3000 mgs for creatine hcl(some people would say more). So being that the whole blend is about five and a half grams there is a pretty good chance that some of these are underdosed.

Citrulline malate- Pump and endurance enhancer. Recommended dosage about 6-8 grams.
Caffeine and theacrine- We all know what caffeine is and the dosage here is 175 mgs. per scoop. Pretty good in my opinion(at least for me). Theacrine is a similar type type substance to caffeine but supposedly is smoother and longer lasting but not nearly as strong. Typically you wanna see at least 100 mgs. Probably around that range in here.

Advantra Z bitter orange extract(Citrus Aurantium) and rauwolscine- Stimulant fat burning ingredients.

Luecine- The primary branched chain amino acid in muscle protein synthesis

KSM 66 Ashwagandha root extract and Mediator Phosphatadic Acid- KSM is a trademarked form of ashwagandha that has been proven effective for many things including performance enhancement, cortisol reduction, anxiety relief, and focus. Mediator is phosphatidic acid which has a couple studies for muscle building. The recommended dosages are at least 300-600 mgs. for KSM and at least 750 mgs. for phosphatidic acid.

N acetyl l tyrosine and Cognizen choline- Two focus enhancing ingredients. N acetyl l tyrosine I'm not sure of the dosages but I've heard 150 mgs. minimum. As for Cognizen they typically recommend between 250-500 mgs.

Bioprine black pepper extract- Ingredient used to help absorb all the other ingredients. Usually dosed at 5-10 mgs.

Terra bead technology- This is Performix' thing. They claim with the terra bead technology you don't need as much dosing because it absorbs faster and extends the release of the ingredients for a better, smoother, and longer lasting release. Or something like that(I worded that myself).

I got the cherry limeade flavor and it was decent. Not great but not bad at all. I seem to get this flavor because it seems to go well with creatine hcl which I usually add to my pre workouts. The mixing was fine. Really no issues with that. The dosing was 1 or 2 scoops. I usually used 2. Sometimes 1 or 1 heaping scoop.

Now the important part. You see I can poo poo on the prop blend all day. But if this works that's what matters to me. And this works well for me. I had a feeling it would because I've used two other Ion versions and I was happy with them both. Let me do what I like to do with my reviews and break down the effectiveness by different sections.
Energy and focus- Definitely the strong point of this pre. At two scoops this had me amped and ready to kill the weights. I wasn't jittery but it was a strong clean energy. I was focused on the task at hand and paid close attention to my form. I was actually pretty darn locked in.
At one scoop I got the same effects but obviously to a lesser degree. I wasn't as amped up and my focus was not as strong but was still there.
Strength and endurance- This was one of the highlights for me. When I used this I felt strong. I took two scoops of this and then killed a heavy workout. I did hit a few Pr's with this pre at two scoops. I always try and set my program up to hit Pr's so if I use a pre for long enough alot of times I'm gonna hit a Pr with it. But with this my lifts were always on point and it made lifting heavy easier for me than alot of pre workouts. This also performed decent for me at one scoop. Just less of everything. The energy on this usually lasted my whole workout. About 1.5 ish hours. The endurance was good in that regard and I had the muscle energy to grind out extra reps so the endurance was good in that regard also.

So right now it looks like you can get 20 servings of this for about 25 dollars and 40 servings for 40ish. So that is where this takes a hit for me. One scoop of this is okay but isn't enough for me and I don't think it would be enough for some people. I got the 20 servings and I actually think I paid a little more at the time(I got this from Gnc which seems to be it's primary sales spot). I used this as part of a rotation so it lasted me but if I used it straight and double scooped it all the time I would have ran out quick. That's the only real negative about this to me is the value. With all that being said I would buy this again because it worked well for me and I enjoyed it.

Side Effects

No real issues here. I didn't crash but honestly I usually don't. Once in a while it would give me a slight upset stomach. I kept this in the fridge to avoid it getting gummy from moisture. That happened to the Ion V2X I had and it pissed me off because I really liked that one too. I wasn't willing to risk it with this one so I kept it in the fridge along with a couple other pre workouts.

Conclusion

Pretty darn good pre workout in my opinion. Not the best value out there but it is effective. So that was the last product I had left to review off of the old Bounty system. I'm all caught up now. I've got a couple other products in progress I will get reviews out for as soon as I finish them up.
As usual thanks for taking the time to read my review and I hope all of you enjoyed it and found it helpful.

May 2, 2018

• In My Opinion It Could Use Some More Ingredients

Hello SR fam. Onder18 here to review Bpi sports mainstream pre workout BAM. This is one of those hyped up mainly Gnc products that you see in the store with fancy packaging. Alot of times these products are not worthy of their price tag. This one was actually not bad. Here is my review with my thoughts on this product.

So a little about myself. 39 year old hardgainer. Not a big guy at about 5'9-5'10ish and about 164-165 lbs. Been working out a few years. I workout about 4 times a week and try and incorporate all rep ranges and hit each body part twice a week. Really depends on my work schedule.
I don't really bulk or cut. Just lifetime recomp and try to slowly get stronger and a little bigger and leaner. I love pre workouts and rotate them often trying new ones. I saw this one at Gnc and thought it looked interesting so I decided to give it a shot.

So the ingredient profile isn't very big but it did seem unique. It is also fully disclosed so that's a plus. So lets go over what's in this thing and my thoughts and knowledge of the ingredients.

Scoop size- 9 grams
Serving size- 1 scoop

Vitamin D3 (as Cholecalciferol) 10000 IU 2500%- I actually am very pleased to see this included. Vitamin D is something alot of people are deficient in and it can help with testosterone levels among many other things.
I like the dose here.

L-Citrulline 3 g - Amino acid commonly used in pre workouts for nitric oxide production and endurance. Not a bad dose here but not a great one either. I would have liked to have had about 4-5 grams.

Carnitine HCl 2 g- Here is a good one but I'm a little confused with it. L-carnitine has alot of benefits including energy production, muscle building and recovery, atp production, power output, and cognitive benefits. The dose here is good for pretty much any form. The thing is I'm not sure if this is acetyl l carnitine or not. I've always heard it called acetyl l carnitine and not carnitine hcl. I think this is actually not acetyl l carnitine but l carnitine attached to hydrochloride. I think this is unique to Bpi. I could be wrong and might sound stupid right now to someone who knows the difference. Feel free to chime in if that's you.

L-Tyrosine 1.5 g- Amino acid typically used as a cognitive enhancer and pretty popular in pre workouts. This is a good dose here.

Caffeine Anhydrous 250 mg- Pretty self explanatory here. Caffieine is used in most pre workouts and alot of products worldwide. Decent dose here. Not high but not too low. For me personally I typically like more but I think this is a good safe dose and that's why BPI went with it.

CDP Choline 50 mg- Advanced and effective form of choline. The dose here is low as you typically wanna see this at 250-500 mgs.

Yohimbe Bark Extract 5 mg- Plant ingredient typically used as a stimulant and for fat loss. Yohimbe can have negative side effects for some people that are sensitive. This just says yohimbe bark extract so you don't know the standardization which can definitely make a difference. However I can tell it's definitely mild and I'm sure BPI did that purposely to appeal to the mass public which was smart on their end.

LIPOSOMAL MATRIX DELIVERY SYSTEM (Proprietary) (Phosphatidylcholine, Phytosterol) 500 mg- Last off we have the Liposmal delivery system. This is supposed to help with the absorption of ingredients. I can't really speak to the dosage of this one and I don't know about this. It seems like at the least this provided a little extra choline.

Now as for my thoughts about what I think was missing from the ingredients. Betaine, creatine, and beta alanine. I thought that this ingredient profile was unique and had some positives but I think that advertising this as a muscle building pre workout like BPI does that it could have used some more muscle building ingredients.
Maybe leave the creatine out as alot of people like it separate and BPI has a couple creatine products. But betaine and beta alanine would have went well with this in my opinion. They make an amino product similar to this called Amino Strong. The two were probably meant to be stacked.

As for the taste and mixability that was a strong point. I had no problems mixing this. There were sometimes a couple little floaters but no big deal. As for the taste I got the Rainbow Ice flavor and it was awesome. Maybe that's why the couple little occasional floaters were no big deal because they tasted so good. Serious guys. This may have been the best tasting pre workout I've had. It tasted like a damn popsicle. I liked to use about 12-14 ounces of water and I typically mixed mine with a scoop each of Gnc Chemistry labs creatine hcl and beta alanine. Plus I also used 1.5 scoops alot so sometimes I added some more water. Either way it tasted great every time. Don't get me wrong. Taste is just a bonus for me if the product works but it does please me if a product tastes good.

Now the important part. Does the product work good? In my opinion yes. Is it the best product I have used? No. But it is effective for me and I was pleasantly surprised. Now keep in mind a couple things. I did add beta alanine and creatine hcl as I said above in the dosing section. So keep that in mind as I'm going over the effectiveness. So let's go over how I felt about the different aspects of effectiveness of this product.

Energy and focus- Pretty decent. Clean, comfortable, and not over the top at one scoop and noticeably stronger yet still clean and smooth at 1.5 scoops. The focus was surprisingly on point and the yohimbe effect was very mild. You would be able to feel a slight heart rate increase after a heavy set that you may not have noticed as much with a yohimbe free pre workout. But to be honest all that did for me was amp me up to go harder. Like I said the yohimbe was very mild with this. I did have a very slight temperature increase and a mild sweat going but it was comfortable and I enjoyed it.

Strength and endurance- This area was also pretty good for me. My lifts were on point when using this. Now keep in mind I was using creatine hcl with this( I add that pre workout pretty much all the time to everything, it's my go to) and I also added beta alanine. But I always had enough energy to hit my numbers with one scoop and more than enough when I used 1.5 scoops(typically with my lower rep heavy workouts). As for endurance I had the energy to finish my workouts with the I intensity I needed. This worked well for longer workouts for me as yohimbe seems to give me long lasting type of energy if it is dosed right. As far as actual long term strength gains I always rotate my pre workouts so I grade the energy they acutely give me to have the needed strength to complete my lifts. My pre workout containers can often times last a while.

This is usually about 30ish dollars. Sometimes a little more. I'm pretty sure that's what I paid for it at Gnc which is where I bought it. This has 25 servings. The value is not bad. I don't think it's the best value just because I think it could use a couple of extra things and an experienced pre workout user will often times probably use more than 1 scoop.

Side Effects

I never really got any side effects from this. No crash and no upset stomach. Sometimes I would get a slight bit more amped after a hard set but I actually liked that.

Conclusion

So overall I think this pre workout is decent. It's not all that expensive and even though there are a couple things I would like to see added I did enjoy this. It fit well into my rotation and I would use it again. I actually meant to get this review out alot earlier as I've been finished with the product for a few weeks now(sorry Clippy, work got crazy). I've got a few pre workouts that I've finished up and plan on reviewing here soon. So until then guys I hope you enjoyed my review.

March 6, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Recovery

Hello SR fam. Onder18 here with another GNC product review. This time I'm reviewing the loaded Myopower Bcaa. I'd like to thank Clippy for sending this out to me as part of the bounty program.

Sodium 120mg 5%
Total Carbohydrate 15g 5%
Calcium 540mg 42%
Total Sugars 1g
Vitamin D 26mcg 130%
Tri-Creatine Complex 5 g **
Creatine (as Creatine Monohydrate) **
Creatine (as Creatine HCl) **
Creatine (as Creatine Ci...

Sodium 120mg 5%
Muscle Power and Protein Synthesis 10.5 g **
L-Glutamine **
Calcium HMB (as Calcium -hydroxy-methylbutyrate monohydrate (HMB)) **
BETAPOWER Betaine Anhydrous **

Ok so I posted the ingredient profile. As you can see this thing is pretty loaded. Let's go over some of the things in here. First off you get 5 grams of creatine in a blend. Creatine Monohydrate, Hcl, and Citrate with mono being the heaviest. So you get a full dosage there with a couple different creatines in there for support. Those of you not aware creatine is used for strength output and recovery along with some size. I assume if you are reading this review you know about creatine. But if not thats what it's used for in a nutshell and it is proven to work. Next up we get 10 grams of Bcaa's in a 2/1/1 ratio. Full dosage there also. Bcaa's are used for recovery and help with energy also. More beneficial if you train fasted as I do. Next up is glutamine. Glutamine is used for recovery, gut health, and immune system support. As for the recovery aspects that is a bit debatable. The research on it is spotty and some people think it works and some people think it is a waste of money. Personally for me I'm slightly for it and it is a decent bonus. Taking it fasted is said to also help with energy and growth hormone production so it can't hurt to be in there in my opinion. Next up we have Betaine which helps a bit with power output and goes well with creatine. Not a great ingredient but not a bad one either in my opinion. Can't hurt and seems like a decent add on and is in it's clinical dosage. The research on it is mixed but it does have some positive studies on performance. Last we have calcium hmb. This is a metabolite of luecine which has some studies on it for helping with recovery. I like this addition. Also I like that it has 130% DV of vitamin D added. A lot of people are deficient in vitamin d and its addition is definitely welcome. All of these dosages are for two scoops.

So I used this post workout mostly at two scoops and sometimes one scoop pre and one scoop post. On off days I used this after work. It mixed okay but not great. The flavor was cherry limade and it was strong and sour so if you like sour things you'd love this. I recommend using atleast 24 ounces of water.

So as for how this product worked. It worked well. I recovered well and I gained strength and size. I also gained some water weight with this. Some bloat actually but that's because of the mono in it and the fact that I was still using my gnc creatine hcl pre workout. That's just how my body reacts to mono these days when I'm taking it with other creatines in a higher dose. As for the effects of this in the gym I can say that I was killing it. My endurance was up and my reps were going up slightly. My weights were also going up slightly on some exercises and I had to make myself leave the gym a few times. I do feel like my work capacity was increased. If I took this pre workout I would empty a caffeine capsule in it and add beta alanine and citrulline along with my creatine hcl. It was a little mild pre workout with good performance. I think this fits well in a hypertrophy program because you recover well and it puts size on you. No this isn't a miracle and you can still overtrain on this. But one of the claimed benefits of hmb is increasing work capacity and the ability to recover from it and I did feel those effects from this. This would probably be excellent for someone on a bulk.

49.99 for 20 servings. That's pretty expensive and a little bit of a reach for someone to keep it as a staple. Now if you use this at one scoop it's not that bad of a value but then the dosages are cut in half.

Side Effects

So now I do have a couple things to add in this section. This did put size on me but it was water weight and I was not very comfortable with it. I'm not blaming the product and that's just how I react to mono if I'm taking a high dosage of creatine. I did get some bloat and like I said I was not comfortable with it as I looked a little smoother. I'm not really into bulking and cutting as I just want to slowly get a little bigger and stronger and stay lean. If I gain 4 or 5 pounds quickly like that it doesn't feel natural. Like I said I'm not blaming the product that's just how I react. Maybe it was also because of the added carbs. I don't know. Now that I'm off of it I dropped the extra water weight but I did keep the little bit off strength I gained with it so that's a plus.

Conclusion

So overall even though this was in my opinion a strong product I probably wouldn't use it again or at least I would change up the way I used it. I would probably single scoop it and use it strictly post workout at one scoop with my regular hcl creatine at one scoop pre workout. Actually it would probably fit my needs real well that way and I probably wouldn't bloat at all. But I didn't want to use it like that so I can get the full dosages of everything and get the full intended effect so I can give a good assessment in my review. If I ever decided to go on a traditional bulk this would probably fit in well. But I don't do traditional bulks. A couple things I would change about this product if I had the choice would be to take out the creatine and take out the carbs. That way it would fit a larger crowd in my opinion. Or make the creatine in it mainly creatine hcl. That is just me though as that is my personal preference. Also I think this is a little too expensive considering you get 20 full servings. Either way this is a good product that I would recommend and I may or may not use again. But like I said that is my personal preference and I still have to give credit where credit is due and this is overall a good product. So I hope you guys enjoyed my review and I hope I gave you a clear picture of my experience with this product and my overall opinion of this product. Thanks.

January 31, 2018

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Recovery

Hello SR. Onder here with a review. This time I'm gonna do my first review on an amino product. I'd like to thank Clippy for sending this product out to me as part of the bounty program. Hopefully this review is solid enough to repay him.

Servings Per Container 30
    Total Carbohydrate 6g 2%
    Sugars 0g
    Calcium (as Calcium Citrate Malate) 40 mg 4%
    Sodium 0 mg 0%
    Potassium (as Potassium Citrate) 130 mg 4%
    Magnesium (as TRAACS Magnesium Glycyl Glutami...

Servings Per Container 30
    L-Leucine (as Micronized L-Leucine) 5 g **
    L-Isoleucine (as Micronized L-Isoleucine) 2.5 g **
    L-Valine (as Micronized L-Valine) 2.5 g **
    Power & Recovery 1.75 g **
    InsuSpike Prickly Pear Cactus Extract (Opuntia ficus-indica)(pads and fruit skins) 1 g **
    PeakForce WATTS'UP (Citrus sinensis)(Standardized to 80% Rutinoside = 400 mg) 500 mg **
    Univestin (Chinese Skullcap Root Extract (Scutellaria baicalensis), Clutch Tree Wood & Bark Extract (Acacia catechu)) 250 mg **

So looking at the ingredient profile this thing is pretty well dosed from what I see. 10 grams of aminos and 2.5 grams of betaine alone would make for a good recovery product. But I think it's the extra ingredients and combination of ingredients that really made this effective for me. So let's go over what's in this thing.
    First off you have 10 grams of Bcaa's in the 2/1/1 ratio. There are other ratios and I think they are effective but 2/1/1 is the studied ratio so I'm happy with that. Bcaa's are supposed to help with performance and recovery and are supposed to be extra beneficial if you train fasted. I train fasted so that's right up my alley.
    Then you have the performance enhancer betaine at 2.5 grams which is the studied dose. Betaine is supposed to help with power and endurance. It's still a little under studied and still a bit inconclusive but it does have atleast some studies backing it's performance enhancing claims. It also is touted to go well with creatine and I take creatine so that's a plus.
    Now for the less known ingredients. First up we have InsuSpike Prickly Pear Cactus extract. This is from what I can tell for uptake. According to Web Md prickly pear is effective for diabetes and can decrease blood sugar by 17-48% in some people. Next up we have Peak Force What's Up. Citrus Sinesis standardized for 80% rutinoside. (wow thats a mouthful).
    According to their website-
    WATTS'UP is an all-natural citrus fruit extract designed to improve power and energy in trained athletes and sporty people.
    MITOCHONDRIA ARE THE POWERHOUSES OF THE CELLS. Muscle cells require a lot of energy, which is produced by the mitochondria, for daily activities and exercise. Mitochondria convert energy extracted from nutrients into ATP, the fuel of our muscles.

In vitro studies carried out by the University of Liege have shown the capacity of WATTS'UP to increase the mitochondrial efficiency in generating more ATP at constant oxygen levels.
    All these supposed results that the website claims are from 500 mgs. a day. Here we get a gram so that's a plus.
    Last you have Chinese Skullcap and Clutch Tree wood and bark extract. From my research these herbs help with reducing inflammation.
    So as you can see this has a pretty good ingredient profile with some unique ingredients that are patented.

So the dosing on this is 2 scoops and you get 30 servings. If you use 1 scoop you can stretch this to 60 servings but I used 2 scoops. The taste I received was gummy worm and it was awesome. I had this flavor with the GNC Lit pre workout and enjoyed it and I figured thats why Clipper sent me this flavor. I used 2 scoops post workout and 2 scoops after work on off days from the gym. I did not use this intra workout and I did not exceed 2 scoops a day.

So now the important part. Did this work? Well the answer is definitely yes. I used this as part of a stack. When I recieved this I did not change anything in my stack I only added this because I wanted to see the true effectiveness of adding only this product to my stack. My stack was my basic vitamins and fish oil, maca and creatine, and an intraworkout with eaa's in it(Cellucor Alpha Amino was the one I was using during this run). So keep these things in mind when I'm rating the effectiveness. So let's go over what I got out of this product. Mainly recovery. I seemed to rarely get sore like I used to and I definitely recovered quicker between workouts. I was able to regain my strength between workouts quicker and I added more heavy days. I like to train heavy with low reps but also incorporate medium and higher reps into my workout but train heavy as often as I can as long as I recover well from it and I always try and use progressive overload and slowly add reps and weight. I also like to hit each body part 2 sometimes 3 times a week depending on my volume and recovery. Since I have been training this way my progress has been better. While on this product I was able to keep going hard with less need for a lighter day. My progress continued and seemed to speed up a bit and my muscles seemed to get fuller. My first couple weeks my physique seemed to tighten up a little day by day even though I wasn't eating any different and I definitely wasn't cutting calories. Maybe it was the Prickly Pear. I don't know. That leveled off after a couple weeks though.
    Overall I was pleased with this product. I know some people would probably use this intra workout but I wanted to use it post workout because the instructions say to use it post workout and I wanted to give it a fair review. I rate the effectiveness of this well because when I added this to my regimen it seemed to amplify the effectiveness of my entire stack. So even though this was part of a stack I feel like this made a noticeable difference.

This cost about $40.00. Not great but really not bad for the results I got from it. A lot of people would probably use this at 1 scoop and get 60 servings out of it

Side Effects

Conclusion

Overall I was pleased and surprised with this product. Gnc may not be perfect but they have gotten better over the years and make some quality products nowadays. This is one of them. Would I use this again? Yes. I've already purchased another container. Thank you for taking the time to read my review and I hope you guys liked it.

January 17, 2018

Cons:

Hello again SR. Onder here with a review. Those of you that read my reviews know I love pre workouts and I like to try different ones. This time I'm reviewing Reckless by Mhp.

Serving Size: 1 scoop (4.87 g)
    Servings Per Container:30
    Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
    Sugars 0 g
    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 9 mg 45%
    Folate 75 mcg 19%
    Intense Energy, Focus & Concentration Activators (Total Caffeine: 195 mg) 488mg

Serving Size: 1 scoop (4.87 g)
    Servings Per Container:30
    Total Carbohydrate 0 g 0%
    Sugars 0 g
    Niacin (as Niacinamide) 9 mg 45%
    Folate 75 mcg 19%
    Intense Energy, Focus & Concentration Activators (Total Caffeine: 195 mg) 488mg
    Yerba Mate (leaf) (Ilex paraguaniensis) (4:1 ext) (30% natural caffeine, 20% Theophylline) (45 mg caffeine) 150mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous 150mg
    Legendary Muscle Pump Matrix 652.5mg
    L-Citrulline 500mg
    L-Norvaline 100mg
    Spectra 50mg
    (consisting of green coffee extract, green tea extract, broccoli sprout concentrate, onion extract, apple extract, acerola extract, camu camu concentrate, quercetin, tomato concentrate, broccoli concentrate, acai concentrate, basil concentrate, cinnamon concentrate, garlic concentrate, oregano concentrate, turmeric concentrate, carrot concentrate, elderberry concentrate, mangosteen concentrate, blackberry concentrate, blackcurrant extract, blueberry extract, chokeberry concentrate, raspberry concentrate, sweet cherry concentrate, spinach concentrate, kale concentrate, bilberry extract, brussel sprout concentrate)
    BioPerine (Black pepper (Piper nigrum) fruit extract) 2.5mg
    So I put the ingredient profile up from Bodybuilding.com. It has some interesting ingredients in it and in my opinion a decent profile. Definitely not a heavy dosed pre workout. More of a concentrate. I'm gonna go over some of the ingredients and what I know about them.
    So this has 195 mgs. caffeine per scoop and you can use up to 2 scoops. Honestly most people would use this at 1.5 or 2 scoops in my opinion. This is considered high stim but really doesn't hit that hard to me. I don't mean that in a bad way because you definitely feel it. Its just a smooth rush with a nice clean focus. Thats where I think the other ingredients come into play. The combination of theanine, teacrine, and caffeine made for a smooth ride.
    This also has theophylline in it which is an alkaloid related to caffeine but supposed to help with breathing also. I'm not sure if I noticed that or not but I do think it helped with the overall stim effect. This also has creatine and Elevatp. The creatine amounts to 2.5 grams at 2 scoops and comes from a blend. Not a great amount but I'm sure it was supposed to work in synergy with the Elevatp. Elevatp is a blend of fossilized fruits that are supposed to help with atp production. One ingredient that is interesting to me is Nuerofactor which is a patented coffee fruit extract that is supposed to help with focus. It is kinda like growth hormone for your brain according to what I have read. I can say that Nuerofactor and Elevatp are in GNC Lit which is one of my favorite pre workouts. There are a few other ingredients in here but I'm not gonna touch on all of them. Overall to me I think the profile is decent. Maybe a bit underdosed in the pump department but I think they were going for a more synergistic effect. Plus I'm sure focus and energy were the main objectives of this pre workout.

So the taste was blue slushy and it was not that good. Not awful and I could drink it but it did have a bitter taste to it. I've had a lot worse though. It mixed just fine and I used two scoops.

Now the part that really matters. Did it Work? Yes it did. The energy was smooth and it lasted about an hour and a half. I didnt crash at all and the come down was smooth.
    I had the energy to lift heavy or go for higher reps and the focus was smooth. It wasn't tunnel vision but I was definitely focused. This really shined on heavy workouts as my strength was always good with this. That was definitely one of its strong points. Pump was surprisingly decent. Not great but above average. I think the Elevatp and creatine combo were the main players in that. I was strong, energetic, focused and driven. I had the energy and strength to go for the extra reps and get them. Overall I was definitely pleased with this pre workout. Not my favorite of all time but definitely a keeper for me. I rotate my pre workouts and this one was always one I knew was gonna perform.

This is listed at $29.99 on Bodybuilding.com. and thats where I got it from. I'm not sure if it was more expensive then or not. I honestly don't remember. At about 1$ a serving this is not bad as far as pre workouts go. If you use 2 scoops the value drops some obviously. Some people will say that this is underdosed but really this is a concentrated pre and thats how concentrates are. Bottom line is does it work and for me this works well and I would purchase it again.

Side Effects

None. No crash or upset stomach.

Conclusion

Overall in my opinion an effective and underrated concentrated mainstream pre workout in a crowded market. If your training consists mainly of lower to medium rep heavier workouts than I think you might like this one.

5.7
      December 24, 2017

Cons:

What's going on SR? Onder18 back with another review. This time we are gonna review Supernova from Nutrabolics. A competitor in the crowded pre workout market.

Serving Size 1 Scoop (14.4 g)
    L-Citrulline Malate (2:1) 6,000 mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous 200 mg
    Bitter Orange (30% Synephrine) 100 mg
    Theanine 100 mg
    Huperzine 150 mcg

So I posted a copy of the of ingredient profile above. L...

Serving Size 1 Scoop (14.4 g)
    L-Citrulline Malate (2:1) 6,000 mg
    Caffeine Anhydrous 200 mg
    Bitter Orange (30% Synephrine) 100 mg
    Theanine 100 mg
    Huperzine 150 mcg

So I posted a copy of the of ingredient profile above. Lets go over the ingredients and I'll give you guys a breif rundown of what I know about them.

Citrulline Malate- Amino acid that aids in blood flow and endurance. A precursor to arginine. Good dose here at 6 grams per scoop and at a good 2:1 ratio.

Carnosyn Beta-Alanine- Amino acid that aids in endurance and lactic acid buffering. Goes well with creatine. 1600 mgs. is half of the recommended dose.

Betaine- Comes from beets and is good for lowering triglycerides and has some studies showing increased power and strength. Also goes good with creatine. 1500 to 2500 mgs is the commonly accepted effective dosage.
    This has 1500 mgs. per scoop.

Dendrobium- Primarily an adaptogen herb with antioxidant properties. Some possible performance enhancing abilities but not much really proven. Seems to actually be a pretty decent herb but is not the stimulant power that was made famous by Driven Sports Craze. That dendrobium was not actually dendrobium and that product was spiked. Anyone who has used that product in the past will l know what I'm talking about.

Theobromine- Caffeine like substance but not nearly as strong and seems to have mood enhancing qualities. Also seems to help with breathing. Commonly found in dark chocolate. Being that this says 12% on the label than that would mean 36 mgs. of actual theobromine which is a lower dose. Wasn't sure if it was 36 mgs. or 300.

Caffeine- I'm sure everyone knows about this one. 200 mgs. per scoop is actually a pretty good amount and seems to be a safe dose.

Bitter Orange- Plant with fat burning constituents. Usually extracted for synephrine.

Theanine- Amino acid commonly found in tea that has calming but not sedating properties. Pairs well with caffeine helping to smooth out alot of the negative effects. 100 mgs. is a good dosage.

Huperzine- Pretty well known and effective nootropic. 150 mcgs. is a pretty decent dose. At 2 scoops and 300 mcgs. it becomes a powerful dose

The taste was BlackBerry Lime and it was decent. It was a little tart but not bad. As far as pre workouts go it was slightly above average. The dosing instructions say to access tolerance with one scoop before increasing dose. Most of the ingredient dosages seem to need 2 scoops for optimal dosing so thats what I used most of the time.
    The mixability was decent.

So let's go over the effectiveness in different sections. Most of the time I ran this at two scoops so that's what these ratings are based off. Sometimes I used 1 heaping scoop but most of the time 2.

Pump and endurance- Slightly above average for both. Not bad but not great. At two I scoops I was ingesting 12 grams of citrulline malate and I did expect a little more. This did help me squeeze out a couple extra reps in my earlier heavier sets but wasn't as strong in that aspect later in my workout.

Strength- Slightly above average again. My strength was good in the first stages of my workout especially in my lower rep ranges but didn't quite last as long as I would have liked. My lifts were still good. Just better in the first parts of my workout. I rotated this with other pre workouts so I'm not sure about the long term strength gains but I'm sure the 3 grams of betaine and beta alanine were effective. But as far as the acute strength gains they were decent. Not great but not bad and better in the first parts of my workout. Like I said, slightly above average.

Energy and focus- Slightly above average again. Focus was pretty decent but I expected more from the energy. I was using 2 scoops of this most of the time which was 400 mgs of caffeine. It didn't feel like it to me. I'm a pretty stim tolerant guy but I did expect this to hit harder. I don't use exotic stims anymore(dmha, etc.) so this seemed right up my alley. It wasn't bad I just expected a little stronger kick. I think maybe this could use less theanine. The energy lasted a little longer than an hour than died down. Didn't crash but slowly faded.

This is a red flag for me. I got this on Bodybuilding.com for 39.99 for 20 scoops. I used 2 scoops at a time so this didn't yield alot of workouts for me. That and the fact that this was only decent and not great for me makes me not wanna spend this kind of money on this again.

Side Effects

None. Some tingles from the beta alanine but that's to be expected. Surprisingly no upset stomach with the 12 grams of citrulline malate.

Conclusion

A slightly above average pre workout with a way above average price. Did decent for me but didn't wow me.

Improvements I would like to see-
    1. Add creatine. Formula looks like it's calling for creatine.
    2. Add more servings for same price or reduce price.
    3. Cut the theanine dose in half.

So I hope all of you enjoyed my review. Any constructivecriticism is welcome. Thanks.

8.9
      December 12, 2017

• Extra Reps
    • Kicks In Fast
    • No Water Retention
    • Sour Taste
    Hello SR. Onder18 here. Time to put up a review for my new go to creatine hcl. Beyond Raw Chemistry Labs creatine hcl.

So the ingredient profile is pretty simple. Creatine hcl. Nothing else. 4 grams per scoop.

So the dosing is one scoop and it's 4 grams. This is the most I've seen for creatine hcl at one scoop for any product. Most products use a 750 mg. serving. They say that you don't need as much creatine when using the hcl form. I'm not sure how true this is but the 4 grams per serving here did an excellent job for me. As for the taste it was unflavored which meant that it had a very sour taste. Not bad but definitely noticeable. Those of you that had creatine hcl before know what I mean. Mixability was excellent. Instantly disolves in water. I dosed this at one scoop in the mornings when I got up and one scoop pre workout.

So for me this was an excellent creatine. Some people will say you only need Creapure and won't use anything else. That could be very true for a lot of people but I believe everyone has different effects with different things and hcl creatine works better for a lot of people including me. The results I got with this creatine were solid gains in strength and endurance. Nothing ground breaking but subtle and noticeable. Couple extra reps on most movements and a few extra pounds. Cumulative effects. I noticed some benefits right away but the longer I was on this the better the results. Pretty much the same I get with monohydrate just at a slightly faster rate. I did hit Pr's in a lot of lifts while on this creatine including my bench press and pull ups. I don't think it was only because I was on this creatine. I think my training was the main reason but this did help. I actually feel creatine hcl better than other creatines when I take it pre workout. I think this definitely helped with my pump when I took it pre workout whether I took it by itself or with a pre workout. My rest time between sets was reduced and my muscle fullness and hardness was improved and noticable.

$16.99 for 30 4 grams servings at GNC. In my opinion an excellent value for creatine hcl. This seemed to be a hot topic in the first review for this product. So I'm not basing this rating on creatine in general but on creatine hcl. I think that was the debate on the last review. I know you can get creatine monohydrate for dirt cheap. But my review is on hcl and I have not seen a better value than this. I haven't seen a serving size this big either. A lot of people can half scoop this and stretch it out to 60 days. Or you can get the 60 serving container for $28.99.

Side Effects

None. No bloat what so ever. Sometimes with mono I get a little bloat but not with this. If I don't drink enough water I would get some cramps and a dry mouth. But that was my own fault because everyone knows with creatine you need to drink more water.

Conclusion

So for a creatine hcl product I think this is a champion. This can be a staple or a change of pace for some people. There is even a study out now comparing creatine hcl and monohydrate and the hcl seemed to come out a bit favorable. I think it was an Italian study. I'm not sure. If you Google creatine hcl studies it should come up and I'm sure it is on Ergo log. But either way to each their own. I like hcl creatine, mono, nitrate and kre alkalyn and have gotten good results with all of them. I just like creatine hcl the best and this particular one happens to be my favorite.
    So that's my review guys. I hope you found it helpful.

September 12, 2017

• Excellent Endurance
    • AMAZING TASTE
    • Fully Transparent
    • Good Focus
    • Good Formula
    • Great Energy

What's up SR. Onder18 here with another review. On my back home to Savannah from this damn Hurricane Irma evacuation. My wife is driving so I figured I would submit a review. This time I'm gonna review one of the most reliable pre workouts I've used, Gnc Beyond Raw Lit.

Alright so talk about what's in this thing. You've got caffeine at 250 mgs. I usually like atleast 350 mgs. pre workout so I usually used 1 heaping scoop. You've also got 3.2 grams beta alanine, 3 grams citrulline and 1.5 grams nitrogisine. For those that don't know nitrogisine is supposed to be a much more effective form of arginine. From my past experience with this ingredient I can say that I believe this to be true. As for power you have creatine and elavatp. The creatine is micronisized mono at 1.5 grams. This is gonna be a red mark in the ingredient profile in my opinion. 1.5 grams is underdosed. Maybe they only did the 1.5 grams because of the addition of elevatp at 150 mgs. which is the studied dose. As for focus you only have caffeine and nuerofactor which had me a little hesitant to get this because I thought it may have been lacking in the energy and focus department. For those that don't know, Nuerofactor is wole coffee fruit extract. It is supposed to increase brain derived nuerotrophic factor (bdnf).This apparently has studies behind it. So does Elevatp which is a blend of fossilized fruit extracts that helps your body produce more atp. Both of these ingredients apparently work acutely( or so the studies say). In my opinion and based on my experience I will agree. More on that in the effectiveness section.

Taste was sour gummy worm and it tasted good. Was not a chore to drink. Dosing was usually 1 heaped scoop, sometimes one level.

Now the part that really matters. Did it work? Yes it did. This is definitely one of my favorite pre's. It was effective for me in all kinds of workouts. I'm not a big guy at about 158-160. And at 38 years old my metabolism hasn't slowed down much so I've gotta make sure I'm working hard in the gym for my gains. I like to train heavy and also mix it up alot. This pre always supported whatever type of workout I had that day. So let's go over this by section.
      Energy and focus-
      Excellent. Very clean and consistent. The focus was clean. Not tunnel vision but definatlely there. Never a crash. The Nuerofactor and caffeine combo was very effective for me. The energy always lasted for atleast 1.5 hours strong before it slowly died down.
      Pump-
      Full and dense. Not the best but above average and consistent. I got a pretty pump on my low rep sets also.
      Strength-
      Very good. My lifts were always very good on this. This was definitely a strong part of this pre and a big part of my really liking it. The strength effects were good in my low rep and medium rep ranges were good. I didn't have any issues hitting my numbers and I did set some pr's with this. It seemed that the elevatp and creatine combo works well for me.

Usually about 40$ for 30 servings About average for a pre these days. I didn't give the value a bad score because this was effective for me do I would pay that price for it and would definitely buy it again.

Side Effects

None. No upset stomach, crash, etc.

Conclusion

Very effective and consistent pre workout that I enjoyed. If this was the only pre workout that I had and couldn't use any others I would not have any issues with that. For me that's a big deal. Anyways that is my review and I hope you enjoyed it. Any constructive criticism is welcome. Thanks.

April 5, 2017

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Performance

Hello everybody. Onder18 here. It's been awhile I know. Been busy with work and life. Everybody should know how that goes.

So a little about me. 38 years old. Slim little guy hardgainer. About 5 ft. 9 and about 158lbs. I don't bulk or cut. Just workout to shape my body, build muscle and get stronger. Pretty much a lifetime recomp. Right now I follow an intermittent fasting protocol because it seems to suit my lifestyle and I feel good on it. I workout about 3 or 4 times a week. Current supplements I'm taking are a multi, creatine hcl, fish oil and joint support and extra vitamin c and d. I also take pre workouts. I alternate alot of them and love trying new ones. Right now I'm gonna review one I just finished up that has become one of my favorites, C4 Ultimate.

So what initially attracted me to C4 Ultimate was the ingredient profile. This thing is loaded. Some of the highlights include 3.2 grams of beta alanine, 1.5 grams of betaine, 6 grams of citrulline malate, 1.5 grams of nitrosigine and 1.5 grams of creatine nitrate. There's also the energy blend which includes 300 mgs. of caffeine, teacrine, mucuna, alpha gpc and more. Overall in my opinion this profile looks pretty darn good.

The flavor I got was Cherry Limade and overall it was pretty pleasant. I usually used 1 scoop or one heaping scoop and the taste was always pretty decent. The overall mixability was decent. Not great but not bad. I can't really comment on the dyes because I usually use a black shaker bottle.

So now the part that everyone cares about. Did this work for me. The answer to that is definitely yes. I have kind of evolved my preferences for pre workouts. I don't really care for the exotic stimulants like I used to. I'm more of a caffeine, theobromine, choline guy. I like my pre workouts to have good performance. I like the concentrated ones also because I usually add alot of my own ingredients anyways. So let me break down the effectiveness of this product into sections.
      Strength-
      Definitely a highlight of this product. My lifts on this were always on point and I always hit my numbers or did more with this. Whether it be after work when I was tired or on my off days when I was rested my lifts were always good and I could usually push for more reps or more weight.
      Energy/focus-
      Energy was clean and long lasting. It kicked in quick and lasted my entire workout which was short on my work days (45mins-1 hour )and long on my non work days ( 1.5-2 hours). No crash, no anxiety and no jitters. Focus was pretty solid. It wasn't tunnel vision but more like a comfortable concentration on what needs to be done and how you are going to do it. I think that played into the strength alot. I was able to really focus on pushing through. This made for some intense sessions.
      Pump and endurance-
      THE pump on C4 Ultimate was enjoyable. Not a huge pump but more of a solid, vascular pump. The endurance was top notch though. Definatlely a highlight of the product. I think think the combination of citrulline malate, creatine nitrate, and nitrosigine played a big part in the endurance. That along with the stim blend which is very well balanced.

This is were C4 Ultimate takes a slight hit from me. $40 for 20 servings at most places. That's kinda expensive. I won't knock it too much because it is a true one scooper and it does have pretty good dosages of alot of ingredients. Pre workouts usually last a while because I often times alternate them. But I did use this one quite often so I would have liked to have seen 30 servings for that price.

Side Effects

No real side effects for me. I take all of my pre workouts fasted so once in a while I did get a slight upset syomach. But I get this from all pre workouts. I always worked out all my energy at the gym so I didn't really have a hard time sleeping. But I wouldn't recommend taking this close to bed.

Conclusion

Overall I was very impressed by this pre workout. The overall performance that I got from this pre puts this in my top tier of pre workouts. I highly recommend this pre workout and I definitely plan on buying it again. So I do hope you guys enjoyed my review. All comments and constructive criticism is welcome.

October 24, 2016

Cons:

Hello everyone. Onder here. It's been a while I know. Life and work can sometimes take a lot of your time. So I decided to take a short while and review a product that I have ran twice and enjoyed both times. That product is Erase Pro+.

So a little about myself first. Just turned 38 about a week ago. Been lifting on and off for a few years and started taking it more seriously a couple years ago. I'm a little guy. About 5'9ish 5'10" and about 158-160 lbs. with about 11-12% body fat if I had to guess(got about a four pack, not quite a six pack yet). I work out about 3 or 4 times a week and I just try to consistently recomp, get stronger, build some muscle and shape my body.

The ingredient profile is pretty much the same as the regular Erase pro with the addition of KSM 66 Ashwagandha at 675 mgs. which is a pretty good dosage from what I see in other products. This is the ingredient that got me interested in this product because I read about how effective it was as an adaptagen and cortisol reducer and also remember getting good results from Core Nutritionals Core Hard. As far as the other ingredients go you have boerhaavia diffusa which is supposed to have anti diabetic and diuretic properties. You also have Uncaria Tomentosa also known as Cats Claw which is supposed to have anti estrogen and diuretic properties and Pine Bark extract which is known for its blood flow and nitric oxide boosting properties as well as being anti diabetic.

Dosing was simple. 2 pills once a day, atleast that's how I took it. I took these with my vitamins and fish oil after I got up. Once in a while I took it pre workout but mostly just when I first got up.

Now for the part that matters. I did two runs of this at two bottles in a row both times. I stacked this with my basic vitamins and fish oil and creatine hcl(concret) and maca. The first time I used this it was the part of a lifestyle change for me. I decided to quit smoking and reduce my caffeine intake along with cleaning up my diet some(it wasn't that bad, just needed a little tweaking). I decided to run this product because I had success with the old Erase Pro and I also had success with Core Hard which seemed a bit similar. My hours at work also increased so I figured with the changes in lifestyle and habits I was about to have and with my increased work hours I could use the adaptagen and cortisol reducing benefits. I ran two bottles of this, took a month break and then ran two more bottles. I switched my training style up from usually always hard and heavy for 5-10 reps till I needed a deload to 10-12 reps consistently and adding weight when I get 12 reps. I used this training style consistently for both of my runs. After both of my runs my weight went from about 155-156 to about 158-159 consistently. My body seemed tighter and more full but not really super dry like a lot of AI's. My vascularity was even more pronounced and I gained a slight bit of size in my upper body. I think this is more of an overall test booster and body recomp agent than an AI which is what I prefer. What really shined about this product was the fact that despite working alot of 65-70 hour work weeks was the fact that I still consistently made small but steady progress in all my lifts and kept a cool and even keel attitude despite working in a pretty fast paced and stressful(if you let it) environment. Pretty much all my exercises 10 rep maxes went up. My workouts were usually always productive and overall pump in the gym was a lot better. Overall I was pleased with the results that I got with this product. It's not a miracle and it won't overcome bad training and a bad diet but it will give you good support if you train and eat halfway decently and it does seem to help you still get decent results despite having a lot going on. I would probably call it the ideal natural test booster product for the man with a lot on his plate but still makes sure he gets his workouts in

So this isn't really the cheapest product out there but as far as test boosters go it isn't too bad. Most places it's gonna be about 41-48$ online and in stores. Personally I think all of these natural test boost products are over priced but I think for the category it's in it's priced competitively.

Side Effects

Libido was definitely increased. Not too much but to an enjoyable level. Skin was a little more oily but not really too much of an increase in acne. Didn't get a big aggressiveness increase in everyday life but was definitely more aggressive in the gym. Overall mood was better. Sometimes I would get aggravated by things a little faster but overall I think my mood and confidence were both great. Did not have any joint issues with this.

Conclusion

So overall I was pleased with my runs of Erase Pro+ and I would recommend it. I think in a crowded market of natural test booster products this one does seem to give decent results. So thank you for taking the time to read my review any advice, tips, or constructive criticism is welcome.