nowaydude

• Was an active member for 3 years, but hasn't been online since June, 2016

Reviews by nowaydude

Overall
Thanks to Antaeus Labs for sending it out!
  March 24, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Improved Mood
  • Increased Cognition
  • Some Claims Delivered Some Times
  • A Lot Of Fruitless Claims
  • Inconsistent At Best
Thank you to Antaeus Labs and SR.com for allowing me the chance to try this product.

I saw this stuff come up on the TROOP board and I was looking forward to giving it a shot. I have tried a nootropic before and didn't have a very good experience - more like no experience, at all. But, like everyone else, if I can find that supplement that can consistently supplement my ability focus, I think I would be a dedicated customer! I checked out the profile and it was pretty straight forward - plain and simple three ingredients. Some of the other products in my stack were Anafuse, fish oil, protein powder (pre and post), creatine, Compete! (as an intra) and a multi.

Let's see if this Antaeus Labs got me Psyched Up or Psyched Out...

Antaeus does a nice job of breaking down some research on the ingredients in Psyche - it is right here: http://www.antaeuslabs.com/psyche.html

Psyche consists of three things and only three things:

Caffeine
Ornithine
Phosphatidylserine

Take a look to the left and you can see how much of what is in here.

You know what caffeine is. But Ornithine and Phosphatidylserine (PS) - let's dive into what they are...

Ornithine - This amino acid is part of the urea cycle. It is supposed to help reduce ammonia levels in the body and this is supposed to be good for a range of things - from prepping for a heavy night of drinking to prolonged physical activity. There are some short term increases in growth hormone found with Ornithine supplementation as well. "Ornithine supplementation (as hydrochloride) is taken in the range of 2-6g daily. Most studies use a dose in this range, but despite serum levels being somewhat dose dependent there is a chance of intestinal distress at doses above 10g."

Dosed at the maximum level you will only get around 700mg of the Big O. Looks like Ornithine is under dosed here and that may speak to why some of the claims Antaeus makes with performance enhancement are not met.

PS - Examine.org shares this information on dosing: "A standard dose of phosphatidylserine (PS) is 100mg, taken 3 times a day to total 300mg daily. This dose seems to be effective as a daily preventative against cognitive decline, and 100mg once daily may provide some degree of benefit (but may be lesser than 300mg). Studies in children and adolescents for the purpose of attention improvement tend to use 200mg, and a dose of 200-400mg has been used in adult non-elderly humans with success. Animal evidence tends to use a dose correlating to 550mg as well."

So PS is supposed to be a good deal for cognitive ISSUES. And Pshyche packs a solid punch in this department. Reading through the information on their website, it looks like this stuff is 50% concentrate - so each serving is 150mg. Following the maximum recommended dosing gets you on the higher end of the scale at 750mg.

The bottle recommends 2-3 servings morning and 1-2 servings early afternoon. I tried this a few different ways - upon waking and late morning, late morning and early afternoon, around lunch time and just before dinner - just to see what would happen and if the results varied. I started out on the low end - 2 and 1 but shortly increased doses to 3 and 2 after seeing little impact at the lower levels. There is no taste or mixing issues as these are pills...

Rep's notes are as follows: Mood - Cognition - Recovery Antaeus Labs PSyche is a mood- and energy-enhancement supplement. - Non-jittery - Clean-feeling boost to productivity and work capacity - A pick-me-up that will boost your energy levels and mood - Achieve peak physical and mental performance PSyche may help to: Increase lean body mass Improve strength Heighten awareness Boost cognition Reduce the perception of fatigue Improve mood Speed up recovery Combat exercise-induced stress Prevent muscle soreness Improve well-being The recommended dose of this product contains about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee. Limit the use of caffeine-containing medications, foods, or beverages while taking this product because too much caffeine may cause effects including nervousness, irritability, and sleeplessness. Keep away from children. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.

When I went to the Antaeus website I found these specific claims followed by my impression of delivery:

Increase lean body mass - Nothing I noticed from this supplement
Improve strength - Nothing I noticed from this supplement
Heighten awareness - a little - this was hit or miss and one of things I would notice occasionally from this supp
Boost cognition - a little - this was hit or miss and one of things I would notice occasionally from this supp
Reduce the perception of fatigue - Not really - the level of caffeine in 3 of these pills is 100mg, essentially a cup of coffee.
Improve mood - somewhat - I did notice that from time to time I had a better, clearer outlook and approach to problem solving
Speed up recovery - did not notice this
Combat exercise-induced stress - did not notice this
Prevent muscle soreness - did not notice this
Improve well-being - perhaps - a little bit of caffeine and the PS kicking in from time to time would do that

OVERALL - this product was noticeable sometimes and nothing most of the time. When it would kick in it wasn't substantial. In the dosing section I talked about how I tried dosing at different times to see if the effectiveness would change or it was more prevalent at one time versus another. Sadly it was not. One day it would work better at 10am, next day it wouldn't. I tried the intervals I listed above for about a week at a time or so. Just wildly inconsistent.

Okay value is a mixed bag. A bottle with 120 pills in it runs you around $42 (Lockout has it for $35+shipping, Amazon $43). On the low end dosing, if that works for you, you would get 40 servings out of this supplement. The higher end dose puts it at 24 days. $1-1.75 per day. Pricey for what I got out of it.

Side Effects

I was just disappointed it didn't work better or deliver on more of the claims.

Conclusion

Here is my take - if you have focus issues OR if you have ADHD and don't want to take meds - I am going to guess this may be a help for you. The dosing on the PS seems robust and could help there. The Ornithine didn't seem to deliver on what the second part of this supplement was trying to bring home - recovery, reduced stress, etc.. Overall it was entirely too inconsistent and the price tag is too high for me to try again.

Thanks to Body Shop Nutrition for sending it out!
  March 22, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Good Pumps
  • True ONE SCOOP Product
  • Fully Disclosed Label
  • Properly Dosed
  • 250mg Caffiene
  • Limited Availability
Thanks to SR.com and Body Shop for allowing me the chance to run this stuff.

Thanks to SR.com and Body Shop for allowing me the chance to run this stuff.

I started to take this supplement right after using Pre-Kaged and In-Kaged, coming off of GVT workouts. I really enjoyed running Pre- and In-Kaged together. I was looking forward to trying 250 Octane to see how is stood up to what I thought was a solid pre/intra combo. During this time I went from GVT to a heavy/light/cardio mix type workout - Modern Physique on BB.com. I chose to transition into that and go with a slight caloric deficit as I try to cut a little. Some of the other products in my stack were Anafuse, fish oil, protein powder (pre and post), creatine, Compete! (as an intra) and a multi. Keep in mind - I workout while you are sleeping - I get up at 0430 to be in the gym and under the iron by 0500. I like my preworkouts as they help to get me going before my mind and body want to!

Let's see if 250 Octane can keep my engine revving...

This profile is pretty well rounded. If you look to the left of this review, you will see the ingredients. Everything is fully disclosed. For the most part it seems that most things hit that area of expected dosing. Cit Mal comes in at 6g, on the low end of the 6-8 range but pretty standard. BA comes in a 2.5 grams, again on the lower end of 2-5gram range. Everything else, with the exception of the Ornithine which seems to come in a little low, is dosed similarly...

Caffeine comes in at 250mg - which is a solid number. It seems most pre-workouts in the top tier come in at that 200-300 mg range so this is in the sweet spot.

It is Fruit Punch - so it tastes like 85% of the other PWOs in the world - hahaha. Seriously though, this was a good flavor. It mixed well, not too gritty, not too sweet, not too tart. One scoop is what is recommended and one scoop is what I dosed. Throughout the entire container. One scoop. I state that twice because with most PWOs I am at 1.5 scoops after week 1 and 2 every workout after until the container ends in less than the servings listed on the label...

Very effective stuff here. As I stated I wake up and hit the gym early mornings. From day one until the last scoop this stuff performed. I noted in the introduction I was using Pre and In Kaged just prior to this stuff. Those two combined to provide ~398mg of caffeine per workout (274 Pre, 124 In). 250 Octane delivered results similar to both of those products. I could feel the BA tingles for the first week or so, then they eventually died off but the ability to get one more rep or add 5-10 more pounds did not.

One other nice thing about this product is it stuck with me through the cardio routines in this workout. 5 days a week there is additional cardio in this program - 3 of those days are intense HIIT type cardio. So even on the longer workouts this stuff stuck with me. I also noticed a nice pump from this - shoulders, chest, and even my quads on leg days would look fuller. I am guessing this is from the AgMass/CitMal combo.

And this was all with one scoop. I have a high stim tolerance and was sure that I would be adding a little more before the end of the container - maybe a scoop and a half or something... No need - it was a true single scoop, consistent product throughout the whole time.

When you look at the label (below) you see that Body Shop makes a few claims. Let's see how they stand up:

1) Lasting energy and endurance - CHECK! This stuff was able to last through some challenging lifting sessions and still have enough in the tank for end of workout cardio.
2) Improve Strength and Power - Perhaps... I think that this stuff helped with endurance which helped me with gain strength. I do not know that I would say I was able to rep more weight just because of this stuff - but I had a little more in the tank to push a little further...
3) Clinically dosed ingredients and full disclosure - CHECK! See above ingredients section.

It is on Amazon right now - priced at $34.50 with free PRIME SHIPPING. That takes it to $1.15/serving. This is good value when you consider other PWO are priced similarly but you need 1.5-2 scoops to get the results you get with 250 Octane.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are looking for a solid PWO give this stuff a try. It is fully disclosed, solidly dosed, and in that ~$1/serving value area. Sure the PWO market is saturated with options; however, 250 Octane was a true one scoop PWO that did the job for me - and I have a high stim tolerance.

Overall
Thanks to Adaptogen Science for sending it out!
  March 14, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Lactose Free
  • Creatine Free
  • MCTs Included
  • Helps Recovery
  • Artificial Flavors
  • Pricey Versus Whey Isolate
Thanks to Adaptogen Science and SR.com for giving me a chance to try and review this product. I apologize for the gap between end of product and posting of review. Part of it was planned - to see if the product was effective and part of it was time...

I do not have any intolerance issues that I am aware of. People struggle to tolerate me but I can handle lactose, and gluten and I are close friends. So when I saw that this stuff came up to try I wanted to see if it would be worth the perceived additional costs for someone that didn't have any issues with digestion related to lactose and the sort. I was in the middle of some GVT workouts and I was looking to try a high quality protein to help build muscle and recover from that type of volume.

In addition, reading the rep's claims made me think this product was just good in general - see for yourself: Adaptogen Science's main concern is searching around the world for the best of the best ingredients available to use in our products. As a result, we use BeefISO, which is a Pure Beef protein isolate with 99% protein. We don't add any amino acids or Creatine, which would only count as lower quality protein! 100% Beef is sugar free and has no cholesterol. It is also both gluten and lactose free, providing a great alternative for those who must avoid lactose (small amounts of lactose are found in all milk proteins like casein and whey protein) because of allergies or intolerance. Beef protein powder is a great way to supplement more protein into your diet because it comes from actual beef and discards the carbs, sugars, fats, and cholesterol. Beef protein has a reputation of not being the best tasting protein We crushed this paradigm! After a lot of research and development with our expert flavor team, we came up with the BEST and TASTIEST beef protein on the market. one that has great texture, is easy to drink, and tastes awesome!

Let's see if it lived up to all of those claims...

Not many - which is good.

Beef ISO PROTEIN is first - self explanatory.
Cocoa Powder - we all know what that is.
Medium Chain Triglycerides? What's that? I wasnt sure so I went searching. Wikipedia gave a decent rundown (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medium-chain_triglyceride). The two points I find most relevant are:
1- "Some Studies have shown that MCTs can help in the process of excess calorie burning, thus weight loss. MCTs are also seen as promoting fat oxidation and reduced food intake. Interest in MCTs has been expressed by endurance athletes and the bodybuilding community.While health benefits from MCTs seem to occur, a link to improved exercise performance is weak. A number of studies back the use of MCT oil as a weight loss supplement, but these claims are not without conflict, as about an equal number found inconclusive results."

And

2- "Medium-chain triglycerides are generally considered a good biologically inert source of energy that the human body finds reasonably easy to metabolize. They have potentially beneficial attributes in protein metabolism, but may be contraindicated in some situations due to a reported tendency to induce ketogenesis and metabolic acidosis. However, there is other authority reporting no risk of ketoacidosis or ketonemia with MCTs at levels associated with normal consumption."

So the little bit of fat in here seems to generally be accepted as a good thing for you.

One down note here - artificial flavoring. There is sucralose in here. Meh...

Finally, if though lactose and gluten free it is processed in a facility that uses milk and wheat so those that need to stay away from even the trace of the stuff should be aware of that.

Some stuff that seems to be good that it doesn't have - creatine (apparently a common spike in beef proteins) and amino acids.

You get 26 grams of protein in a 33.6 gram scoop. In my opinion a low yield for an Isolate; however, if you think the MCTs are a good thing then you can get some benefit out of that as an addition...

Taste was terrific. The Chocolate flavor was on point - it tasted like a chocolate milkshake even when mixed with water. I mixed it with skim milk once and it did not mix well. Every other time I mixed with with water and it was smooth, never clumpy, terrific stuff.

With it being a protein powder, you can take it whenever you would please, obviously. I took this upon waking. I workout shortly after I woke up (wake up around 430 in the gym by 5) so this is normally the only "meal" I have.

This review was delayed primarily so I could see if the product worked as good as it seemed to while I was taking it. I noticed, within a short amount of time, that I felt this protein sort of differentiated itself from the rest. To start - when taking this on an empty stomach it was rather filling. Not bloated or anything - I just felt like my appetite was satiated. This helps because I don't really have enough time in the morning to eat something, allow it to fully digest, then go an be active - whether it is HIIT workouts or lifting. I also felt more recovered while taking this stuff. Maybe it was how it digested, maybe it was placebo - but it was noticeable. I felt DOMS decreased by the 4th day. I also noticed that I wasn't as hungry for my breakfast that I normally take about 2 hours after this shake in the morning. Since not using this as my upon wake shake I noticed the difference between using the Adaptogen protein versus not using it - less recovered, less full, so on...

So this stuff is pricey compared to your typical whey protein isolate. Coming in at $34.99 on Amazon with free shipping makes this stuff $17.50/pound or $1.30/serving. This is priced rather high, even when compared to the other beef proteins on the market. I will say - as far as protein's go - I did notice (or at least perceived) benefits outside of a typical whey isolate.

Side Effects

Disappointment when the container was gone.

Conclusion

This is definitely a quality product. It tastes good, mixes good (in water), and has a solid profile! If you have digestion issues and need something that won't bother your belly - this stuff is for you. You should ABSOLUTELY try it. If you are looking for a good quality protein and have some more money to spend - give this stuff a shot, you won't be disappointed. If you are cost conscience and need to stay on a budget - keep looking.

Thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending it out!
  February 26, 2016

• Light On Creatine
  • Uses Sucralose
  • Beta Alanine Under Dosed As A Standalone
  • Really Pricey
Thanks to SR.com and Kaged Muscle for providing me with a full container of this supplement in return for this review. Kaged Muscle put up what I believe was their entire line of products for review and I grabbed this and IN-Kaged.

(Stolen from my IN-Kaged Review) when I saw all of the KAGED products come up on the TROOP board I was tempted to claim everything. I liked the full label disclosure, I liked the rhetoric/propaganda on the BB.com website, and I really liked the fact that the PRE/IN-Kaged were designed to be run together. I greatly reduced my caffeine intake for about 30 days or so prior to grabbing this and thought I would be ready to give these products a good run to see what kind of difference I had in focus and energy when taking them in tandem. I was in the midst of Phase II of some GVT training and thought this would be a welcomed addition to my stack which consisted of creapure creatine, Adaptagen 100% Beef Isolate, MyProtein Whey Blend, some glutamine, a multi and some fish oil.

KAGED MUSCLE is pretty open about how these products were designed to be run together. I will talk a little about that in my ingredient profile and effectiveness sections...

PRE-Kaged has is, in my opinion, packed with goodies.

Lets start with the bad news first. It seems to be a little underdosed with regard to Creatine HCl at 1.5 g. Most everything I have fouind is that you dose HCl like mono - 3-5grams based upon body weight. Creatine is relatively cheap so it isn't asking too much to add some more but with the premium price you are paying it would have been nice to see this at 3 grams. I think they are using the Betaine here to supplement the Creatine - that comes in at 2 grams. The information I found on the innerwebs states that Betaine should be supplemented at 2.5-6 grams daily and the results behind it's effectiveness aren't on par with what researchers have seen with Creatine.

The Beta-Alanine is another under-dosed portion of this supplement coming in at 1.6 grams; however, this one is saved by the additional 1.6 grams present in IN-Kaged if you were to stack them as designed.

I haven't seen and didn't know much about quercetin dihydrate - which is dosed at 200mg in this supp and shows up in the PRO PUMP blend. Apparently QD is like me - it brings out the best in other things but doesn't do much good for you on its own. It just seems to make other things more effective. According to examine: "Dosages of quercetin used are in the range of 12.5 to 25mg per kg body weight, which translates to a range of 1,136-2,272mg daily consumption of quercetin when in isolation. It is suggested to supplement with other Bioflavonoids such as Resveratrol, Soy Isoflavones, or Green Tea Catechins to increase the potency synergistically and theoretically get the benefits at a reduced level of intake. When looking for quercetin, the form of dihydrate has the apparent best bioavailability followed by glycosides, aglycone, and finally rutinoside." Perhaps this is a little underdosed too...

Okay on to the good stuff...

Citrulline comes in at a whopping 6.5 grams and if you match that with the 3 grams in the IN-Kaged you get some solid pumps and good endurance at 9.5 total grams.

One thing I found interesting was the inclusion of 100mg of CAPSIMAX. According to http://www.capsimax.com/capsimax-difference: Twenty healthy subjects who ingested 100 mg Capsimax (2 mg capsaicinoids) showed significant increases in free fatty acids and glycerol in their blood post-ingestion and after exercise-an indicator of fat breakdown.

The other items that show up nicely when are the components of the MUSCLE FUEL-MATRIX. Standalone you get a Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine ratio of 1.750:0.875:0.875, with 3 additional grams of Leucine in the Anabolic Matrix. When paired with IN-Kaged you see a Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine ratio bump up to 7.25:2.125:2.125 ratio.

The caffeine comes in at 274mg - and the rhetoric on BB.com talks about how this is the perfect amount of caffeine. "Through vigorous R&D testing, the Kaged Muscle scientists discovered that when caffeine exceeds 275 mg, it may cause anxiety and can diminish the effect of nitric oxide production. Finding the perfect balance PurCaf Caffeine in Kaged Muscle provides an excellent mixture of energy and focus while NOT diminishing the effects of your pump."

274 mg is a decent amount of caffeine. Keeping with the PRE-Kaged/IN-Kaged synergy theme you will take in a whooping 398mg of PurCaf Organic Caffeine if you combine the two! That is a lot of caffeine for most people.

Some of the other items in this supp are Tyrosine (N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine and L-Tyrosine), some taurine, and some coconut water powder. Both In and PRE Kaged have this SPECTRA Total ORAC Blend at 100mg Consisting of green coffee extract, green tea extract, broccoli sprout concentrate, onion extract, apple extract, acerola extract, camu camu concentrate, quercetin, tomato concentrate, broccoli concentrate, acai concentrate, basil concentrate, cinnamon concentrate, garlic concentrate, oregano concentrate, turmeric concentrate, carrot concentrate, elderberry concentrate, mangosteen concentrate, blackberry concentrate, blackcurrant extract, blueberry extract, chokeberry concentrate, raspberry concentrate, sweet cherry concentrate, spinach concentrate, kale concentrate, bilberry extract, brussel sprout concentrate

Seems like a lot of stuff in a small amount - maybe the QD helps deliver this stuff? I don't know - seems a little hokey to me...

As with IN-Kaged - for as much touting of the organic and the top quality and blah blah blah as they do with this product on the BB.com propaganda page I was surprised to see sucralose in the ingredient list when they were already using stevia as a sweetener...

I give PRE-Kaged the bump on IN-Kaged because the ingredient list, in my opinion is more standalone and needs less help to hit clinical type dosages.

This stuff only comes in Fruit Punch. Much like the IN-Kaged it was super sweet and tart to start but by day 20 it was fun. It mixed fine every time and I never used more than 1 scoop - there really was no need to...

BB.com and the rep don't give you a bunch of crazy promises to poke holes at so I will just talk through my experience with this stuff. I thought this stuff worked great. Especially when paired with IN-Kaged. I can tell you the pumps were solid and consistent. I had a ton of energy through out the work outs - and most of them last 75-90 minutes. My lifting routine during this time was Phase 2 of GVT intermixed with some HIIT cardio stuff. I noticed some really nice pumps from this product as well - especially upper body pumps for bi, tri, shoulder and chest workouts. As for coming from no caffeine to this stuff I can tell you that my experience was great. Some crash toward the end as my body adjusted to the amount of caffeine I guess but it was a good 20 days for sure. Keep in mind that I wake up at 0430 each day to hit the gym by 0500 for my 75-90 minute workouts.

I was able to get through some decent volume on my GVT with IN-Kaged in my stack. Check out the supp log here http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=32726.480 I started PRE/IN Kaged on page 33...

You will see the that the PRE- and IN-Kaged effectiveness are pretty much the same. The one thing i can note about the PRE-Kaged is that the product was very consistent. Within 20-30 minutes it would kick in and the focus was always there.

This is where it all falls apart. this stuff is curently 20% off on BB.com taking it down to $30 for 20 servings - before shipping. That makes it at least $1.80/serving if you were just to buy this and pay the shipping. Pretty pricey. Stacking the IN-Kaged with the PRE-Kaged takes this cart to $62.78 (shipping included) for 20 days of supplements. ~$3.10 for a pre and intra is pretty damn pricey if you ask me...

That said - if this goes on a BOGO free or 50% off I would probably pull the trigger.

Side Effects

Toward the end I start feeling that early afternoon crash from the higher amounts of caffeine. Outside of that - no issues...

Conclusion

If this stuff could get closer to the $1 per serving sweet spot it would be a home run. If you could get PRE and IN Kaged to $2 a day I could see where these would be fun to run together. Running PRE-Kaged with a decent intra would be fine as well.

Thanks to Kaged Muscle for sending it out!
  February 25, 2016

• Pairs Great With PRE-Kaged
  • Solid Pumps
  • Full Disclosure On Label
  • Has Caffeine
  • Needs To Be Paired With PREKAGED To Hit Clinical Doses
  • Has Caffeine
  • Some Crash Toward The End Of The Container
Cursory shout out to SR.com and KAGED MUSCLE for giving me the chance to run this product.

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat IN a KAGED. Awful Smashing Pumpkins reference there... So when I saw all of the KAGED products come up on the TROOP board I was tempted to claim everything. I liked the full label disclosure, I liked the rhetoric/propaganda on the BB.com website, and I really liked the fact that the PRE/IN-Kaged were designed to be run together. I greatly reduced my caffeine intake over the last 30 days or so and thought I would be ready to give these products a good run to see what kind of difference I had in focus and energy when taking them in tandem. I was in the midst of Phase II of some GVT training and thought this would be a welcomed addition to my stack which consisted of creapure creatine, Adaptagen 100% Beef Isolate, MyProtein Whey Blend, some glutamine, a multi and some fish oil.

The ingredients are listed to your left on this page. One nice thing about this product is everything is disclosed - no questions asked on what you are getting.

One thing I will point out, and I talked about some in the intro, is this stuff is designed to be used in conjunction with PRE-Kaged. So I will discuss that a little bit in the ingredients section.

Muscle Fuel Matrix is a 2.5:1.25:1.25 grams of fermented Leucine:Isoleucine:Valine. According to the BB.com product page "MICROPURE BCAAs are Non-GMO, manufactured by vegetable fermentation and are microencapsulated by a patented technology that maximizes absorption and solubility." Standalone, this is a little light on the BCAAs when compared to some others (like IntraBlast by NutraBio, ISO 9:2:2 Multi-Phase BCAA by PERFORMIX) but generally it is on par with the rest of the field. When paired with PRE-Kaged it does step up the BCAA game to a 4.25:2.125:2.125 ratio with 3 additional grams of Leucine.

Next you get your Endura Pump Matrix. The star of this show is the 3g of L-citrulline. Examine encourages us "to L-citrulline to enhance sports performance, take 6,000 - 8,000 mg of citrulline malate about an hour before exercise." Again - this on the low end until you add it with the 6.5 grams that are already in the Pro-Pump portion of PRE-Kaged, then you get toward that higher end of the range. Same story with the BetaAlanaine - 1.6 grams in this; that is doubled if you use the PRE-Kaged.

One last thing that needs to be discussed as a standout in this Intra is the inclusion of PurCaf Organic Caffeine. This is a first for me in an intra supplement. In my experience the preworkout has the caffeine and the intra provides the "Clean Energy" or the focus supplements. While In-Kaged does deploy some Taurine and Tyrosine the addtional 124mg (yes, 124 mg) of caffeine needs to be noted. Keeping with the PRE-Kaged/IN-Kaged synergy theme you will take in a whooping 398mg of PurCaf Organic Caffeine if you combine the two! For some - the inclusion of caffeine could be a good thing. For others, it may not be.

One odd thing - for as much touting of the organic and the top quality and blah blah blah as they do with this product on the BB.com propaganda page I was surprised to see sucralose in the ingredient list when they were already using stevia as a sweetner...

In summary, standalone IN-Kaged is interesting at best and average in many ways. When paired with PRE-Kaged it is one of the more interesting Intras I have tried to date...

Taste was good. It grew on me. At first I found it to be tart/bitter and a little too sweet. Over time I grew to enjoy it. It mixed pretty easy - I did continue to shake it prior to drinking it during my workout but I think I do that with all my intras so it didn't matter. The dosing was easy - one scoop. I regularly mixed this with a full shaker bottle (24 oz). No problems there.

Let's work through the original rep claims on this one:
INKAGED intra-workout is designed to be taken while you train to enhance your workout performance. It is to be taken synergistically with PREKAGED pre-workout and REKAGED post-workout. This powerful synergy was designed to give you the clinical dose of each powerful patented ingredient at the times you need them the most to help you BLAST through your workouts and get optimal results. We believe in transparency. * Our products are SAFE * Banned substance free * 3rd party tested * No artificial colors, dyes or flavors * No AceK (acesulfame potassium) * No Soy * We enhance our products with Stevia * Our products include PATENTED ingredients not borrowed science.

They don't make any CRAZY promises here and they are completely transparent in stating that you get CLINICAL DOSES when you TAKE IT WITH PRE-Kaged. I will say that this stuff does help you blast through workouts and I was really happy with results.

I used this with PRE-Kaged the entire time and it delivered every time (unlike Sex Panther by Odeon in which 60% of the time, it works every time.) I had a ton of energy through out the work outs - and most of them last 75-90 minutes. My lifting routine during this time was Phase 2 of GVT intermixed with some HIIT cardio stuff. I noticed some really nice pumps from this product as well - especially upper body pumps for bi, tri, shoulder and chest workouts. As for coming from no caffeine to this stuff I can tell you that my experience was great. Some crash toward the end as my body adjusted to the amount of caffeine I guess but it was a good 20 days for sure. Keep in mind that I wake up at 0430 each day to hit the gym by 0500 for my 75-90 minute workouts.

This stuff is a little pricey for an intra but it does have more than your standard BCAA mix. I could only find it on BB.com and it was ~$27 without the BB.com shipping rate. Rounding it up to $30 to cover shipping puts you at $1.50 a workout. Pretty pricey. Stacking the IN-Kaged with the PRE-Kaged takes this cart to $62.78 (shipping included) for 20 days of supplements. ~$3.10 for a pre and intra is pretty damn pricey if you ask me...

Side Effects

It wasn't until the end that I started to notice a little bit of a late day crash. I chose to restrict my caffeine for a while before running these two products. I am pretty sure that this was the cause of the midday crash. Outside of that, not much else to report - no GI issues, no bloating, no jitters, etc...

Conclusion

I am going to recommend it because when I used it with PRE-Kaged, I thought it worked great. In fact, you could probably find a decent, cheaper PWO and pair this with that and get really good results. That said, I don't know that I would spend the premium price tag that comes with it. If I can find it on sale - like a BOGO FREE or 50% off then I would consider it but at $3+ a day to pair these up I don't know that I could afford that.

Overall
Thanks to Brainfinity for sending it out!
  January 27, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
    • It Did Not Do Anything For Me
    • Possible Underdosed Ingredients
    Shout out to SR.com and the folks at EXECUCORE for giving the ERs and TROOPS a chance to try out their nootropic. Also - thanks to the brainfinity group for answering my questions during this run...

Why wouldn't someone want to try out a product that is touted as "designed to provide intense focus, elevated mood, enhanced memory, and long lasting energy." I was also going off off the caffeine at the time I started this. I was taking a little too much caffeine and I figured that the caffeine content in this supplement would be enough to help me as I went through withdraws - hahaha. I also though that this would give me a better shot at finding out the full effect of this supplement.

This contains, from what I can see, around 250mg of caffeine.

Look to the left of this page. All of the ingredients and what they are supposed to do are listed there. I am not a nootropic guru and I did do some research before taking this supplement. I have seen higher concentrations of some stuff in other supplements I have taken but according to the brainfinity website (or hype page) all this stuff is thrown together to make them all work terrific. http://getbrainfinity.com/

Tasteless pill - DO NOT MIX IT YA JABRONEY!
    Dose it 1x per day. It has caffeine in it so don't take it at night time.

I got nothing out of this. I tried it before I worked out (I go to the gym at 0500), I tried it at 10 am, I tried it right after lunch, I even tried it at 2pm. Same result every time - nothing. Toward then end I tried dosing it twice daily, one preworkout and one at 10 am and then I tried it at 10 am and 2pm. Guess what? Nothing. No focus, no energy, nothing.

In fact, I even waited about 10 days since I took this stuff to write the review and see if it was just me not realizing the terrific-ness that is brainfinity. Guess what? Same stuff. I am still off the caff - virtually zero caffeine at this point - and I am no different with it than without it.

I will say that at least the brainfinity folks got back to me while I was trying to find a way to get it to work. That was nice.

They sell this stuff for $16.95. You can get a free 14-day trial of this stuff which is cool. Pay attention to where you are clicking. There are a ton of brainfinity knock off sites (one example - http://brainfinity.org/). You will pay the original $37.95 for that one.

For this supplement you have to ask yourself - is there any true value if a product doesn't work?

Side Effects

None - but there weren't any primary effects.

Conclusion

I am giving it 4.0s because there wasn't any negative side effects and the product was fully disclosed and the dudes got back to me when I asked some questions. I am sort of thinking that this may be a scam HOWEVER some other reputable reviewers have a had positive experiences with it so I won't go there... I will never use this stuff again and I would not recommend anyone else use it either...

Overall
    Overall
    4.5
    3.0
    Thanks to SD Pharmaceuticals for sending it out!
      January 24, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • May Help Transition To Non-stimulant PWO
    • Underdosed
    • Only Lasts 20 Days
    • Over-Priced
    Thanks to SD Pharmaceuticals and SR.com for giving the TROOPs a chance to try their products.

So I was looking to transition from the heavy levels of caffeine I was taking - between PWOs, coffee, and a run on a thermogenic fat burner I think I was consuming enough caffeine to kill a small army of lab rats. When this product came up I thought this would be a perfect PWO supplement to help me with that transition. I have used Rhodiola Rosea before in some other intra workout supplements before and noticed a nice clean energy. I figured this would be a welcome part of my transition off the caff. Let's see how it went...

The star of the show is 200mg of Rhodiola Rosea. Honestly, when I grabbed it off the TROOPS that's all I thought it was. For those of you that don't know, Rhodiola rosea is a Traditional Chinese Medicine and Scandinavian herb touted to promote physical/cognitive vitality. It appears to be proven for reducing fatigue and exhaustion in prolonged stressful situations. Rhodiola is also neuroprotective and promotes longevity in preliminary evidence. (Thanks examine.com!)

In checking a few other things about AstraGin, it seems that this stuff will help with absoprtion of vitamins and aminos and what not. Unfortunately, that is when you use about 50mg of AstraGin. I would imagine that, considering this stuff comes in at 20x less than the recommended dosing, this dosing isn't doing much for you. The two items listed below the AstraGin are simply the components of the Astragin.

This says to take 1-3 capsules, not to exceed 3 per day. I followed this dosing. These are tasteless veggie capsules - and they are really tiny. Super small in a relatively huge bottle - they look lost in there. Anyway, on their site, SD recommends against taking more than 200 mg as "Taking more than 200 mg per single dose could have detrimental effects on stress support in some people."

I was unable to find anything on there being DETRIMENTAL effects. Again - referring to Examine.com: "Acute usage of rhodiola for fatigue and anti-stress has been noted to be taken in the 288-680mg range. As rhodiola has been shown to have a bell-curve response before, it is recommended to not exceed the aforementioned 680mg dosage as higher doses may be ineffective." I would say diminishing returns is more accurate than detrimental.

This is a single ingredient type product so it is a little difficult to say it specifically did this or did not do that. That said, I tried to isolate it as much as I could. I reduced my caffeine intake to ~200mg a day, I supplemented pre and post workout with some simple BCAAs and cut out creatine as well. What I was looking for was some energy/endurance to come from this supplement. I dosed it for a week or so at 1 capsule preworkout. I didn't notice much out of this during this time. Of the course of time I upped this to 3 pills with much the same "effectiveness." Frankly, it was tough to notice much between taking this supplement and not taking anything preworkout - and this was even noticeable during cardio sessions of any length. There just didn't seem to be much in the tank.

It may have helped my transition off the caff though. I did notice that I didn't have any typical symptoms of greatly reducing caffeine intake. I did not see a huge improvement in mental focus or anything else like that.

This stuff seems pricey. For the higher end dose of RR, 3 caps a day, this stuff comes out to ~$1.20 per day (60 caps runs you ~$24 on Amazon, or $0.40 per capsule, $2/gram). This seems high to me. Without putting much effort into looking for a cheaper alternative I was able to find this on a simple search: http://www.pipingrock.com/rhodiola-rosea/rhodiola-rosea-250-mg-standardized-extract-2512?prd=D000U1&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=datafeed&CAWELAID=600007550000009586

So 180, 250mg RR pills at the same concentration for $21. That makes this stuff $0.47/gram versus SD's stuff at $2/gram... Not a good deal!

Side Effects

Conclusion

Tough one here. I was looking for this to add a little more zing than it did. I tried to make it standalone and it didnt seem to add to much of what I was looking for - clean energy, a little more endurance, and some focus. I do think it helped make the transition off of caffeine go a little smoother. Value kills it even if it was "whizz bang"

Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
      January 23, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Relaxed
    • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
    • Deep Restful Sleep
    • Effective For Putting You Out
    • Deep Rem Sleep
    • Tired/drowsy In The Morning
    • A Few Odd Nights Of Unrest
    • Did Not Notice Much Recovery
    • Do Not Eat About An Hour Before Dosing
    Thanks to SR.com and BigRon and his crew for putting this out there for trial. It is awesome to see that this product was reworked in an effort to improve upon it's effectiveness as well - nice work making adjustments.

When I saw this product come up for review I was pretty excited. When I first became TROOP eligible I had noted this as a product I would like to try. So when it slid my way I claimed it as fast as I could. After noticing that this product was reworked I was really looking forward to that too. I liked the idea of the TR Leucine and instaminos. One final note, I had just finished using G8, another sleep aid/recovery supplement and was hoping to see how this product compared.

KUDOS to RCSS for the FULL LABEL DISCLOSURE on their product. Some times, there are some things, that you just need to know how much you are taking into your body. 4-Amino-3-phenyl-butyric acid or PHENIBUT is one of those things. As I pointed out in my review for G8, Phenibut has been found to be addictive in some cases. If you do some internet research you will find plenty of information on it and I will provide a few links for you to peruse: (http://journals.lww.com/psychopharmacology/Citation/2010/10000/Withdrawal_Symptoms_After_Internet_Purchase_of.37.aspx) (http://www.amjmed.com/article/S0002-9343(14)00284-8/fulltext)

RCSS notes that there is about 500mg of Phenibut in each full serving. RCSS is giving you a heads up - put on your big boy/girl pants and use this supplement appropriately...

Another aspect of this supplement I found interesting is the Leucine. They have a Leucine "trifecta" that includes some instaaminos and some time released stuff. The thought behind this is your body is getting the benefit of leucine now and later - up to 2 hours after taking this stuff.

You can read about all the other stuff in here on your own - it has some ZMA, some other specific sleep aid stuff (GABA and Mucuna Pruriens), and some additional aminos.

I would say fully indicating the constituents and the dosing of this product is on point.

Taste was terrific, really. Cherry limeade was good and it mixed okay. I had to add a little water and swish it to get the powder left over.

The label warns you to take this intermittently - in this case 5 of 7 days a week - most likely due to the phenibut. I followed this, even with previous experience with phenibut. I would try to sync up my days of not using this with "off days."

I started out with a half dose and felt like I was getting inconsistent/poor results. After a couple of nights I bumped it up to a full scoop and the results were better but still inconsistent. More on this to follow... I will close out this section by saying 1 dose of this product CAN BE EFFECTIVE AS A SLEEP AID!

I used this product for the first few weeks and was extremely frustrated. I wasn't getting to sleep any faster - if anything it was taking longer, I wasn't sleeping any more sound, and I wasn't waking up refreshed. I was actually dreading taking this stuff for an extended period of time. In fact, I felt as if this container was never going to end.

I read a couple other reviews and double checked the label and decided to discontinue the before bed snack - typically a casein shake or something like that.

I noticed that after stopping that late night snack that the supplement was far more effective as a sleep aid. I was typically asleep within a half hour of taking the scoop and hitting the bed. I noticed I was sleeping deeper than I was without taking it and generally sleeping through the night.

As for the RESURRECTION - it sort of missed there. While using this supplement, I would wake up groggy and struggle to get out of bed. Also, there was little evidence of GH Support that I noticed. I am sure that the additional aminos helped with recovery; however, during the time I used this I saw little to know impact on the DOMS I was experiencing.

I can only state that this product is fully effective as a sleep aid.

I will update this review if there is a better price out there for this product but I could only find this NEW VERSION here: http://www.ronniecoleman.net/resurrect-p-m.html and it is priced out at 49.99. This makes it about $2/serving. I know 25 servings is the recommended dose for a month but a serving is a serving so it is $2 a serving. This seems kind of pricey for a sleep aid, in my opinion. The old formula seems to be more widely available at a better price. Perhaps this will be the case for this stuff in the future.

One thing I will state - there seems to be more than 25 servings in this tub! Maybe that is due to me half scooping it a while or maybe there is more in there than stated.

Side Effects

Groggy in the morning - regardless of how I fell asleep...

Conclusion

Value kills this one for me. I think this works as a sleep aid. Even with the morning grogginess, getting sound sleep is important. It is your responsibility to peel yourself out of bed, right? Big Ron crafted a solid sleep aid - hopefully the price can get down to a point on this new formula to get closer to that $1 per serving range.

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
      January 7, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Superb Taste
    • Increases Hydration
    • Rehydrates
      YUGE shout out to SR.com and Nutrabio for letting me give this product a run. If you are not familiar with Nutrabio you should check out their website and see how they do things. In my opinion, you will be hard pressed to find another supplement company that provides consumers with as much transparency as they do...

37 year old dude - back into lifting for the last 8 months after an extended hiatus. I am a big believer in supplementing before, DURING, and immediately after workouts because your body is under the most stress during those times so give it what it needs to help it overcome that stress. When INTRA BLAST came up on the TROOP board I was looking forward to give it a run. I had been using Nutrabio's Super Carb and liked that. I hoped to have the same experience with their Intra workout supplement. Let's see how it went...

Everyone has talked about the ingredients and there really isnt anything earth shattering in this stuff. I will point out that it is sufficiently PACKED with aminos - which is cool. Take a look at the supplement fact pic at the bottom of this review - 10 total different aminos. 5 grams of glutamine and the 2:1:1 that everyone is looking for on the big three...

The hydration mix, as mentioned in the introduction, is one of the main things that I look for in an intra - Nutrabio doesn't skimp here either.

Finally - they do a great job of telling you EVERYTHING in this supplement - all the way down to the components in the flavoring. I think that is a great point and something that needs to be acknowledged.

I had no issues with the taste. In fact, I thought it was refreshing. I hate it when I am drinking an intra and it tastes like Kool Aid or it is so sweet it actually makes you crave water. I did not have any of these type issues while using Intra Blast. In fact, I would refill the bottle about half way through just to keep the flavor throughout the workout.

Mixing was a breeze - didn't notice any clumps or remarkable foaming. I used ~20 ounces of water throughout...

Dosing was simple - one scoop provides what ya need. Scooper was easy to use and the tub was designed such that you could get all your product out of it...

Nutrabio states that this product will supplement you in these three ways:

1) Boosts recovery while you train
      2) Accelerates strength, endurance & performance
      3) Replenishes and rehydrates

Let's start with what I thought was most effective - hydration. On the days in which I did use Intra Blast versus the days I did not I noticed that I felt less thirsty during my workouts. In fact, the last time I left the Intra Blast at home I actually noted in my log that I shouldn't do that again. Now, this is not to say that other intra's don't provide the same sort of hydration - but Intra Blast was clearly better than water! During some workouts I wouldn't even finish the entire thing because I felt sufficiently hydrated...

As for the boosting recovery while training - I can say that I did see some of this. I was working on a GVT type program while using Intra Blast and I noticed that I could get through the GVT set and keep a rather tight time between sets in most cases and still keep the same strength. However, I was also using creatine during this run and I think some of the muscular endurance could be attributed to that. I have been done with Intra Blast for nearly two weeks now and I can say that recovery between sets has been slightly longer (but I am also not using creatine, so....). We will call it somewhat effective here...

I am not sure that it accelerated my strength. It did work some for endurance, as listed above in the hydration section. However, I am not so sure that it was this product alone that delivered performance and strength gains. I am confident that it did supplement my workouts though so I would say that is it largely effective in it's claims.

I did not some pumps from this stuff - especially on bicep/tricep days. That was something that wasn't noted but did show from time to time. They weren't insane or necessarily consistent but they were there...

One thing I was disappointed in - with the additional aminos and presence of glutamine I was surprised at how much DOMS I had, especially after leg days. It is not a claim that is made directly - the reduction of DOMS - but the recovery mentioned in the first claim did not extend beyond the ongoing workout, in my opinion. This is why I gave it a 7.5 versus 8 or higher in effectiveness...

This is a terrific value, really. You can find it for $1/serving. It is fully disclosed from a reputable company that does things the right way.

Side Effects

Conclusion

If you are in the market for an Intra Workout Supplement you can start here. Granted it doesn't hit all the claims and it may not be the best intra workout supplement I have ever used, it is still a solid product that largely does what it claims to and comes at a solid value. Just don't expect it to address DOMS as I did...

Overall
      Thanks to UXO Supplements for sending it out!
        January 1, 2016

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Disclosed
      • Unflavored
      • Pricey Versus Creatine Monohydrate Alone
      Thank you to SR.com and UXO Supplements for setting this up. For those of you that don't know, UXO is an organization owned and operated by US veterans. Thanks for your service folks!

When I saw the UXO creatine come up for TROOPS I figured I would give it a shot. First, they are a relatively new company and I think it is interesting to see who is doing what new and what they are offering that differentiates them from the other guys. Second, I have been supplementing with Creatine Monohyrate from ON for so long I just wasnt sure if I was responding to it or not. I figured that that this product would give me more than the typical creatine and maybe provide some different results OR if it was more of the same then there is a data point as well. Let's see how it went!

Simple list here:
      Creatine Monohydrate (3g)
      Di-Creatine Malate (2g)
      Creatine MagnaPower (1g)

The thought is the monohydrate takes a little longer to absorb, the malate is absorbed faster than the mono and the magnapower hits sooner than that. So this is supposed to be a layered absorption of these three creatines. Nothing earth shattering here.

One note is it is nice to see the overall of composition of this is full dosed. Creatine is recommended to be dosed at 0.03 grams/kg body weight. The malate and the chelate add to the dosing overall and exceed the typical 5 grams (~1 teaspoon) most commonly supplemented.

This stuff is unflavored - which is good because I mix my creatine with my preworkout and with my post workout protein drink. They send you a 6 gram scooper which works like any scooper. This stuff mixes up fine and was flavorless - which is good because it is unnoticeable. As I said, I dosed it pre and post as recommended and per the typical dosing of creatine.

It is always great to have a rep that is passionate about their product. While running this stuff i reached out the the rep to get their POV on the product and tried to understand how they landed on this specific breakdown. Here is a few points from our correspondence:

"...We used 4 focus groups. Each group was given a total of 6gms of Creatine 25 minutes prior to workout. first group was given 6gms of monohydrate. 2nd group was given 6 gms total (4gm of monohydrate/2gms of di-creatine malate). 3rd group was given the formula you are taking currently. Fourth group was given 6gms (3gms monohydrate/2gms Tri-Creatine malate/1gm of MagnaPower). One on strictly monohydrate who saw little over 10% increases over course of 2 weeks. 2nd group was given monohydrate with Di-Creatine malate to act as two stage release. Di malate would absorb quicker because of the malic acid, while the monohydrate would saturate slower. It worked. The group saw on average 16% increases over same time period and more endurance during workout. We had 2 other groups one with the same combination, including the magnesium chelate and the other with tri-creatine vs. di-creatine malate. These groups performed at the same level. However, the MagnaPower seemed to boost overall strength and endurance beyond the other groups lacking it. Increases averaged 19.2%. Keep in mind, the testing environment was not 100% controlled, so other variables could factor in. The goal was to have a formula that could give quicker absorption (Di-creatine malate) while lasting longer (monohydrate) and producing bigger gains/quicker (MagnaPower)."

I have to say - I was skeptical if this stuff was doing much of anything for me. I was thinking I was a non-responder to creatine in general and this product as well. Since stopping this supplement and not going back on any other creatine I have noticed some changes in my strength and muscle fullness. I cant say that I realized the creatine "kicking in" or anything like that - but I did notice overall changes in my workouts and results over the time I used it and since I have stopped. It has only been a week or so and the research I found states that it takes 14-21 days for creatine supplementation to leave your system; however, this blend seemed to do a little more than my previous run with ON's creatine monohydrate. While using UXO's creatine blend I was in the middle of my GVT workouts. I noticed that my recovery between sets seemed improved over supplementing with creatine monohydrate only. I plan to stay away from creatine for another couple weeks and see if there are any other items to note and will update this review and my log accordingly.

Value is really subjective. This stuff is about 2-4x's the cost of creatine monohydrate. You can get this stuff for around $20 for 60 servings at UXO's website and you can grab about 120 servings of ON's creatine monohydrate for $8-10 pretty much anywhere. Considering that creatine is a staple for most people, this can be a big hit to the wallet. Realistically though, it breaks down ~$0.40/day difference. With the effectiveness I saw and the research they have provided, it is certainly worth a try to see if you see a difference in your workouts...

Side Effects

None - no bloating, no water retention to note, no stomach discomfort.

Conclusion

This is certainly worth a try - even with the value being a little off. The product is quality and the company is passionate about it.