mjtuf1

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 9 years, and was last online this week

Reviews by mjtuf1

Overall
Overall
4.8
4.4
5.2
  August 22, 2018

Cons:

1st time in my life that I really was looking for fat burning goals.. Tried this product as I received it from the bounty program as it is a stimulant free fat burner. This product did not do anything as advertised for me. This didn't suppress my appetite, and didn't increase fat loss.

29 y/o male, I've been going to the gym for almost 10 years now.. Was always a skinny weak kid whose goal was to increase mass and strength, which I've had a lot of success with. this past winter I felt I got alittle heavier than I would have liked, and started the summer off with the goal of increasing cardio, out door activities, and with the hopes to get more lean. 1st time I ever was focused really on cutting. I received this product, a stimulant free "fat loss amplifier" from the bounty program (thanks clipper!).

Acetyl-L-Carnitine HCL 750 mg - this is an amino acid that helps produce energy in the body and is also believed to increase mood and mental function.

Green Tea Extract 500 mg - conflicting evidence shows this is effective for increasing athletic performance and fat burning purposes.

Coleus Forskohlii root extract 150 mg - used for fat burning purposes and is believed to help reduce high blood pressure

Bioperine Black pepper fruit extract 5mg - is supposed to help nutrient absorption and help suppress appetite.

No taste or mixability as this is pill form. Dosing is to take 2 pills, 1-2x a day 30 minutes before meals.

For me I only used 1 dose daily, as this bottle only comes with 60 pills, so to use 2x a day it would only last 2 weeks.

This product just wasn't effective. It didn't suppress my appetite at all, I still wanted to eat like a monster when using this product. This product didn't make me look or feel any leaner, and this product didn't give me any extra energy at all. Using this product during the summer months wasn't easy, because although I tried to curb my diet, there were times I still ate ALOT at a bbq or ball game , even when using this my appetite was still huge, and after these events of binge eating I still looked and felt bloated.

I increased my cardio while using this product as well.. This product just didn't do anything to promote or help increase the fat burning process.

Saw this product on amazon for $24 for 30 servings, haven't seen this product available at many other retailers online. This product has 30 servings, but instructs 1 to use it up to 2x a day which really would hurt the value.

While I don't feel $24 is expensive for a product, I feel this product was cheaply made, and isn't worth the $24, especially for the lack of effectiveness.

Side Effects

none to report.

Conclusion

Weak product, didn't do anything for me really. Glad I had the opportunity to receive this product from the bounty program, and didn't have to waste my own money on it.

Thankyou Clipper and SR's for the opportunity here to try this product, but to the product itself and jacked factory - Thankyou for nothing!

Overall
    Overall
    5.9
    5.7
    5.4
    Thanks to Beast Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
      August 1, 2018

Pros:
     Cons:
      • CLA Not Effective

This product was your basic 5G BCAA at a 2:1:1 ratio. This product advertises as being a product that's good for getting you ripped and more lean, but that just didn't happen here.

I'm a 29 y/o male, I've been going to the gym 9.5 years now.. My routine consists of lifting weights for strength and endurance and some cardio. I received this product as part of the trooper program, and felt this was the time to use it, as with summer here, my goals have changed to dropping a few pounds, burning some fat, and becoming more lean. Since I started this product I've been lifting alittle lighter, and doing more cardio, consuming less carbs, with the hopes of burning some fat and becoming more lean, and having more energy.

L- Leucine 2500 mg
      L-Isoleucine 1250 mg
      L - Valine 1250 MG

Mixed-Chain triglycerides 3000 mg - This is used by athletes to help build more lean muscle and fore weight control and other benefits include possibly lowering fat from the body and lowering cholesterol

CLA - 250 MG - also consumed to help the body burn more fat.

Dosing - 1 scoop (11G)
      Mixability - This product mixed very well no problems there

Taste - I had the black flavor and it didn't taste bad at all. It had a coconut flavor to it with a hint of black cherry.

I consumed 1 serving of this product as an intra workout. It was okay for helping keep me fueled during my workout. The thing about this product that is supposed to make it different than other BCAA products I used is that this product advertises itself as helping you burn fat and get more ripped. Now I didn't have the highest expectations out of this product to begin with, but in terms of it actually delivering anywhere near what it claims, it fell short. This product did not aid me in losing body fat or becoming any more lean. CLA is an unproven ingredient, and the MCT's in this product didn't do much for me either. This was just a basic 5G BCAA that was a step above drinking water while I workout. nothing more.

This product only has 20 servings, which is a big disappointment. In a supplement industry where BCAA supplements usually come in 30 servings or even 28 servings, this product comes in 20 servings. Really who sells a product with only 20 servings? The price is now $21.59 on bodybuilding.com but that's with a sale.. Prior to this I was seeing this product at 20 servings for $27 on bodybuilding.com. This not being a great product as it is, and selling with only 20 servings is what made me give this a poor value rating.

Side Effects

none to report.

Conclusion

This is your basic BCAA 5G product. Nothing special about it, and this product doesn't deliver on getting you more ripped, atleast not for me it didn't. At 20 servings, and especially if it's not on discount sale, I would pass on this product. There's better BCAA products out there, and they come for a better value.

May 21, 2018

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Fully Transparent Profile
      • Slightly Aids In Recovery

Nice ingredient profile for $39.99 (30 servings) including creatine and Epicatechin - an ingredient that is new to me/first time use, that I was excited to try. This product however didn't give me any breakthrough results, and it didn't work any better than a typical creatine product should work and the epicatechin was nothing special for me. This product wasn't in a league of it's own like I thought it might be.

I'm 29 1/2, and have been going to the gym for 9 1/2 years. I started off the skinniest weakest kid, and gained a lot of size and strength over the years. I workout with weights, and my goals are to build strength and endurance. I decided to purchase this product and give it a try with the hopes of increasing strength, and increasing some lean muscle / becoming a bit leaner.. Wasn't really looking so much to put on mass as mass wise I was happy where I'm at... Just wanted more strength, and to be more lean. Was excited to use this product because of the Epicatechin ingredient, which is something I've never used before.

Full Yield Creatine:
        -Creatine HCL 3.21G delivering 2.5G of creatine
        -Creatine Monohydrate 2.84G delivering 2.5G of creatine

Betaine (Trimethylglycine) 2.5G
        Carnosyn Beta Alanine 2G

Astragin 50mg

*Epicatechin (90%) 200mg.

Epicatechin is the reason I was excited to try this product, as this is something I've never used before. Epicatechin is a flavonol, that is plant based and found in trace amounts in many foods. Epicatechin is found to act as a myostatin inhibitor.

Myostatin is a myokine protein that inhibits muscle growth. It has been found many years ago in lab testing that animals that lacked or had a fault in myostatin due to a gene issue has significantly more muscle mass than other animals who didn't lack this. Epicatechin is believed to inhibit myostatin by increasing follistatin. Inhibiting myostatin, which limits one's muscle growth, is believed to increase one's muscle growth potential.

I was excited to try this product, as in the past I was looking into using a myostatin inhibitor product, but decided not to, due to them being on the expensive side and coming with very mixed reviews.

Taste - I went with the neutral taste, and I would mix it in my post workout whey protein. Although this is unflavored, it tasted bitter, and gave my protein a bitter/sour taste to it.

Mixability - This product mixed pretty well in my protein, no problems there.

Dosing - This product's instructions says to use 1 Scoop (11.6G) in 8-10ozof water of choice of beverage within 30 minutes AFTER exercise. And for best results, to use on non training days as well.

I took this product just like that. I mixed it in my whey protein and consumed immediately after working out, and I usually used it on my off days, however some off days I would just use my other regular creatine supplements.. I was typically using this product atleast 5 days a week.

This product just didn't give me the extra results I was looking for, and worked about as good as a typical creatine product should work. I thought maybe using Epicatechin would give me something noticeable, but it just didn't.

No noticeable change in body composition - After using this product, I didn't look any bigger, or any leaner. Yes, this product doesn't state it is a fat burner, however, epicatechin is said to build lean muscle mass while reducing body fat. This product just didn't do that for me, I looked exactly the same after using it for about 5-6 weeks.

Strength - I was hoping to get stronger while using this, as that was my #1 goal for using this. That didn't exactly happen either. I didn't lift any heavier weight or hit any 1 rep PRs while using this product. However, I did add an extra rep or 2 to some of the weight that I was already lifting. So I did hit some rep PRs during my use of this product, but just didn't hit any heavier lifts.

I bought this product at GNC for $39.99 for 30 servings. It was a decent value, and if it worked better I'd be giving the value a better rating. Myostatin inhibitors / epicatechin products sell on amazon and other online websites for around the same price and more. Some myostatin products can be quite pricey. This is a myostatin inhibitor product, that also comes with a nice creatine blend and other ingredients for $39.99. So for that, it is priced pretty fairly. I just can't give this a great value review, because it didn't really do much for me, compared to other basic creatine products I've used for much cheaper.

The Epicatechin just didn't do it for me.

Epicatechin is also said to lower cholesterol and improve heart and brain function. Well my brain didn't functionany better on this product, and I don't have blood labs to show how it affected cholesterol. However in terms of athletic performance, this ingredient just didn't do it.

Side Effects

None to Report.

Conclusion

I was excited to use this product for the Epicatechin ingredient and myostatin inhibitor purposes. The epicatechin here didn't do it for me, and didn't give me anything extra or make any noticeable affects. This product had a nice creatine blend, and while it wasn't a total dud of a product, it just didn't do anything extra for me, and didn't work any better than much cheaper/more basic creatine products that I've used in the past.

In all fairness, I am an experienced lifter, so right now it's hard for any product that's not a steroid, to really make a huge difference, or even a noticeable difference, but with all the hype around the potential of a myostatin inhibitor I was hoping it could do something, but that just wasn't the case.

Now I did click "Yes" for recommending the product, and from my review it doesn't sound like I would recommend this product. It was a toss up between "yes" and "meh".. overall, I would recommend trying this product, because at $39.99 it's not a terrible price, it still is a nice creatine blend, and overall a nice ingredient profile. So for that price, it doesn't hurt to try, and perhaps someone else might have better results with this product than I have.

May 15, 2018

• Decent Profile

I purchased this product from bodybuilding.com, at a promo of buy 2 (30 servings each) at $19.99 each, get a 3rd free.. So I bought 3 for a total of $39.98. This is your basic 5G 2:1:1 ratio BCAA product, with some beta alanine, taurine, alanine and caffeine and other energizers added to it. For that price and those additions to the 5G BCAA's, this was definitely a good buy and a good intra workout for me!

I've been going to the gym 9 1/2 years. I started off the skinniest weakest kid, and over the years I have gained a lot of size and strength. I workout lifting weights about an hour, followed by 10-15 minutes of cardio. My goals are to increase strength and endurance. I have used a handful of BCAA products in the past, and although this isn't the best one I've used, it is a good one, and the value that I got on it is very good, and that helped give it a better rating in my opinion. I use BCAA products as an intra workout to help keep me going strong through a workout, and I usually take them on my days off as well.

5G BCAA's at a 2:1:1 ratio
          L-leucine 2.5G
          L-isoleucine 1.25G
          L-Valine 1.25G

Carnosyn Beta-Alanine 500mg
          L-alanine 500mg
          Taurine 500mg
          Natural energizers 110mg (caffeine from coffee bean, green tea extract)

From a pre-workout standpoint the beta-alanine, taurine, and alanine would be under dosed. However, I take those ingredients at a proper dose in my pre-workout drink I prepare.. this product I use as an INTRA-WORKOUT, so to me, having these ingredients in it, is a plus and an extra, not anything of an under dose. I don't use this product pre-workout, not using it with the expectation to get adequate pre-workout ingredients, so having those in this product is a plus.

I ordered this in the Blue Rasberry flavor, and the taste was very good.

Mixability this product mixes very well no problems there.

Dose - 30 servings per tub, serving size is 2 scoops (9G). The instructions says for intense training take 2 servings (4 scoops).

Since I got this at such a great price and have plenty to use, I used 4 scoops during workouts (2 servings, 10G BCAA's), and on off days I would use 1 serving (2 scoops)

This was a pretty effective product. With this being a BCAA product, it isn't something that you can say either did work or didn't work, so I'm going to break down how it was effective for me.

I use this as an intra workout to help keep me fueled during my workouts. This product did a pretty solid job at keeping me going strong during my workouts. The margin for difference when it comes to using different BCAA products is very thin, and hard for me to really say "wow this BCAA really worked, but that BCAA didn't work". This product did what it was supposed to do and compared well to other BCAA workouts I've used as an intra workout in terms of powering through my workouts.

This product states "mental focus" on the label. I don't use an intra for mental focus or expect that out of my BCAA products, so I don't knock points off for it, but I will say this product had no effect on my mental focus, it didn't increase it.

This product has natural energizers in it (has some caffeine in it). Again, I don't use this for that, so not knocking it, but this didn't give me that extra wake me up more kind of energy. So if I was to use this for that in the early am instead of coffee, this wouldn't do much for me there.

This product did help me keep pumping in the gym, and this product was pretty good with recovery as well. I didn't really feel any DOMs after my workouts during my run with this product, so this was nice in aiding and supplementing muscle recovery.

Great value. I purchased this on bodybuilding.com at 30 servings for $19.99 each, but 2 get 1 free. So for just under $40 I got 90 servings! Are you getting 90 servings of a BCAA at gnc? I don't think so. Great value, and that boosted this products overall rating up alittle bit to me and my rating score of this product!

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

I've used a handful of BCAA products in the past, and this isn't the best one that I've used, but it's not the worst, I'd say its above average compared to the other BCAA's I've used. This has 5G BCAA's at a 2:1:1 ratio which is right where you want to be, with a small dose of extra stuff added in, including natural energizers. I didn't really feel the natural energizers in this product, so that wasn't something about this product that stood out to me compared to other products.

The value I paid for this product was out standing. As I mentioned earlier, 90 Servings for $39.98, that's a great deal, and although this isn't the best BCAA I've used, it's good enough for me, and will be my future go to BCAA product for that price/value!

(SR paid for product; GNC did not participate)
            May 11, 2018

Cons:

Citrulline without the malate! I definitely felt a difference using this as compared to when I used citrulline malate. I received this product as part of the trooper program, and it was a nice supplement to my supplement stack pre-workout. Not a bad product, but wasn't really a big difference maker.

I've been going to the gym 9 1/2 years now. I started off the skinniest weakest kid, and gained some nice size over the years. My workouts consist of lifting heavy weights starting with a compound movement for 5 sets of 5, then moving on to other free weight movements followed by some machines, then I'll end the workout with 10-15 minutes cardio. My goals in the gym are to not only build strength and mass, but to increase my endurance as well.

Pre-workout, I haven't been using a true pre-workout product for a while. My pre workout routine consist of drinking coffee, then before going to the gym mixing creatine hcl, beta alanine and now a citrulline product in Gatorade and water and drinking it prior to the gym. During my run with this product, this was the citrulline product I added with creatine hcl and beta alanine in my preworkout mix, previously I was mixing a citrulline malate product with the other 2.

L- Citrulline. (3G)

L-Citrulline is a non essential amino acid, that the body converts to L-arginine in the body. This helps increase nitric oxide levels in the body, and helps increase blood flow throughout your body. Citrulline is usually combined with malic acid (citrulline malate) as malate serves as an important component of the TCA cycle to provide additional benefits. I've used CM in the past, and in this case I'm using just Citrulline with this product.

Taste is unflavored, and in this case it truly was tasteless. When I used unflavored Citrulline Malate in the past that was unflavored, it tasted sour as the malate gave it that sour taste, but in this case it truly had no taste at all.

Mixability this product mixed pretty well, stirred it pretty good and had no issues there.

Dosing is 1 scoop for 3G. I usually took 1 full scoop for 3 grams, sometimes I used 1.5 scoops. I mixed this product with Creatine HCL and beta alanine pre-workout in Gatorade and water and drank it.

(1.5G HCL, 2-3G beta alanine)

This product was a nice addition to my preworkout stack, and at times when using it I did feel pretty good and strong in the gym, and had some nice lifts while using this product. Creatine HCL and Beta Alanine using just those 2 I had some nice workouts with, and adding this to the stack did help but it was a minimal addition. I feel my workouts still would have been good with the other 2 as well. So this product was a nice addition, but not a huge difference maker.

The 1 big thing I want to talk about here is the difference between this product, and when I used Citrulline malate prior. I was using citrulline malate 6G (1:1 ratio so still getting 3G citrulline either way). When I used citrulline malate it was a nice preworkout ingredient, but the big difference is how it affected my cardio. When I used citrulline malate, I was getting nice pumps in the gym, but when doing cardio at the end of my workout, I'd feel a bit sluggish. It's a hard feeling to explain but basically I felt like I was bloated and had the feeling to burp with some shortness of breath when doing cardio at the end of my workouts when I was using CM. This product, didn't give me that sluggish feeling when doing cadio, and helped me have better muscular energy for lifting. CM I felt did give me a better pump than this but made me sluggish and affected my cardio for the worse at times, this product didn't slow me down with cardio.

I received this as part of the trooper program, but it sells for $16.99 for 30 servings at GNC. I don't really feel $17 for just Citrulline is that good of a value. And in my personal opinion, Creatine and Beta alanine are more important to me and more effective to me, so out of the 3 ingredients I was using preworkout, if I can only use 2 and get rid of 1, this would be the 1 i'd drop. Creatine and Beta Alanine which to me are more of a difference maker BOTH sell for a better value than this product. So I don't feel $17 for just citrulline is that good of a deal. I gave $17 for 33 servings of CM a better rating on value, but that was for CM which you are getting more for the $17 there. This is just pure Citrulline, I don't feel $17 for just pure citrulline is a great value, atleast not for only 30 servings.

If it was $17 for more servings, or less money for the 30 servings that would be a better value.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

Nice addition to my preworkout ingredient stack, and can't go wrong using this product. Not the biggest difference maker, and although I did have some nice lifts while using this product, I can't say for sure I wouldn't of still hit those lifts had I not added this to my stack.

I don't feel $17 for 30 servings of this is as worth it and I feel you can do better when buying just this 1 ingredient. BB.com has 100 2G servings for the same price.

Thanks to PepPod for sending it out!
              May 3, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Good Profile
            • Low Caffeine
            • Low Caffeine
            • Energy Crash
            • Might Not Fit In Some Bottles

I received this as part of the trooper program and used this as a substitute for coffee on work days either when I have to get up early for work or late afternoon when doing a double shift and the energy crash starts to kick in. Solid product, gave me an energy boost, but it was only for a few hours!

I received this product as part of the trooper program (Thanks again SR and Clipper for this opportunity to try this product). My gym experience is irrelevant here, as I used this product for energy on work days - either early in the morning when waking up early for work, or even in the afternoon at work for the afternoon pick up. So I basically used this as a substitute for coffee.

Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid) 15mg
            Calcium (as calcium carbonate) 40mg
            Magnesium (as magnesium oxide) 16mg
            Sodium (as sodium bicarbonate) 90 mg
            Potassium (as potassium bicarbonate) 180 mg

Peppod blend* 324 mg - Caffeine (from organic green tea) CoQ10, D-Glucuronolactone, Inositol, Ginsensides (from panax ginseng Root extract), Taurine, Trace mineral Blend

***This product contains 71 mg of caffeine***

I received this product in 2 flavors - Berry, and citrus. Both had a weak taste, didnt taste bad, but the flavor didnt stand out that much. Didn't taste the flavor too much, and from what you could taste it tasted ok. Not bad, but not that good either.

Mixability is to drop 1 tablet in 8oz of water and let it dissolve. This product mixed okay for the most part, but the problem that I have with this product is that it never fully dissolved, ever! most of the tablet dissolved, but there was always a small bit of the tablet floating at the top of the water that never fully dissolved down. Also, being that these tablets are almost the size of a quarter, they wont fit in all standard size commercially sold branded water bottles - if you wanted to drop it in a bottle of lets say Poland spring or Dasani water bottle.

The dosing is 1 tablet.

This product only contains 71mg caffeine, which for me I thought was a bit low, but I have to say, to my surprise, this product was pretty effective. I would use it in the mornings when I'd have to wake up super early for work, and I'd also use it late afternoon for that afternoon energy pick me up. I'm not a morning person, so a lot of times I'm groggy and tired in the mornings. I'd take this product early mornings instead of coffee, and I have to say, it DID give me good energy to get me going in the morning. The only issue I have, is that it would give me good morning energy, but I'd crash mid afternoon. When I used this product mid afternoon for an energy boost, I noticed it didnt work as well as it did in the mornings for me. If that makes sense. It helped me have more energy when taking it in the morning after waking up, but late afternoon, the effects of this product were minimal, and didnt make me feel as much of an energy boost as they did in the morning. They did have a slight noticeable effect in the afternoon, but not as effective as in the morning. My routine later on when using this product, was to use this in the morning, but have coffee in the late afternoon if tired and working a double. A few times in the beginning I was using this twice in a day, but towards the end I would have this instead of coffee in the morning, and then coffee in the late afternoon if I felt I was getting tired and needed a boost.

Another benefit of this though as opposed to coffee, is sometimes coffee gives me the S**ts, where as this product doesn't have that effect!

I received this as part of the trooper program, but I'm rating the value on what it sells for / what I would have paid for it.

It comes in a tube of 10 pods, sold for $12. That's $1.20 per pod.

That's an okay price. It definitely is a much better price than buying a redbull or 5-hour energy, and $1.20 is a better price than buying a cup of coffee in some establishments, but the problem is that I often would take this and feel good for a few hours, than crash later on. So if you're needing to either use this twice in a day, or needing to just get coffee elsewhere, than $1.20 is a decent price.

Side Effects

Only real side effect is as I've mentioned, it will give me good energy in the morning then sometimes by afternoon I crash.

Conclusion

Good alternative to coffee, but only good for a short term energy boost lasting a few hours. This is basically like a 5-hour energy, but at a much better price. Overall decent price. It does work and does give me energy, but that energy often times only lasts a few hours, which will make me either take another pod, or just have coffee. The pod is a bit big and wont fit in commercially sold bottled water, so you either need a glass of water or a bottle with a bigger opening perhaps like a Gatorade bottle to drop this in.

Would recommend this product to anyone looking for a coffee alternative or something that's not high in caffeine, and would recommend this product over a 5-hour energy or redbull.

March 30, 2018

• Endurance
            • Reduced Doms
            • Decent Pump For Your Junk
            • Sour Taste(not Really A Con)

-----

I've been going to the gym 9+ years, and have made great gains in size and strength. I workout with weights and end my workouts with cardio. I train for strength and endurance. I've used pre workouts for a while, but lately have not used a pre workout for a couple of months.. I simply drink coffee, and then mix creatine HCL (1.5 G - 750mg free acid creatine, 750mg creatine hcl) beta alanine by prima force 2-3G, and now this product in Gatorade and water and drink it pre workout, and I've been having phenominal workouts.

L- Citrulline DL - Malate

L-Citrulline is a non essential amino acid that is a precursor to arginine and increases nitric oxide production, which helps increase blood flow throughout your body and helps provide increased muscular energy.

DL - Malate - salt of malic acid, combined with l-citrulline helps increase muscle ATP and remove wastes from the blood that increases muscle fatigue and slows down energy production.

** This product DOES NOT disclose the Citrulline to Malate ratio on its label, which I took a little bit off it's final score for. Typically you want a 2:1 ratio, of 2 parts citrulline to 1 part malate, and this product doesn't disclose if it is in fact a 2:1 ratio.

Taste/Mixability - I got this product unflavored, but it has a bit of a sour taste to it (from the malate). Not a big deal though. This product mixes pretty good but sometimes there's some settling at the bottom so you need to really stir this.

Dosing - 1 serving size is 2G per scoop. The label directions states to take 3-4 scoops before exercise.

I use the product 3 scoops pre workout, to get 6G citrulline malate. The BCAA mix I was using for 1-2 servings as an intra workout had 1G of citrulline malate per serving, so I was still getting 7-8G of citrulline malate with that combined. But 6G to 8G is where you want to be for a full dose of citrulline malate.

As I stated in my intro, I was originally having coffee for caffeine, then taking creatine hcl and beta alanine pre workout, and was having some great workouts with that. Since I added this to the pre workout stack, it helped even more. I felt some great pumps while using this product, and was feeling less fatigued after each set, and at times getting extra reps / able to add a little more weight. The creatine hcl and beta alanine was good enough for me, but this helped build on that further.

So to sum it up, this was a good trio with creatine hcl and beta alanine, and helped me push it harder in the gym and maximize my efforts. And another key thing I want to add about this product, is that a few times already I went to the gym feeling like crap just run down and tired from a busy work week and/or poor quality of sleep the night before, and I was just expecting to go through my routine workout and not expecting much, and to my surprise I wound up hitting PRs and doing better than expected. I didn't feel great going into the workout, but once the weights started moving I just had that pump where I was lifting them easier than expected and still able to have a good workout when I wasn't feeling my best or expecting to get a new PR in reps over the week prior. So taking this product - felt like crap going in, but felt great and had a better workout once the weight started moving and the pumps started going.

Okay here's the tricky part of this review. I paid $16.98 on body building.com for 100 servings. Typically $17 for 100 servings sounds like an amazing deal and should be a 10/10 right? Well 1 serving is 2G, and since I'm using this product at 6G pre workout, that's 3 servings at a time for me. So now that $17 gets re-adjusted to 33 servings.

$17 for 33 servings is still amazing right? Well yes and no. This is $17 for just 1 ingredient of a pre workout. So for most pre workouts on the market that go for $30-$40 you're getting a handful of pre workout ingredients - citrulline malate and creatine and beta alanine and others etc.. So basically other pre workouts cost 2-3x more than this 1 ingredient alone but you're getting a bunch of ingredients. However, most pre workouts that sell for $30-$40 that have citrulline malate in it along with other pre workout ingredients, have citrulline malate at an under dosed serving!!! The only pre workout that I personally used, which claims to have citrulline malate at a 2:1 ratio for a full dose, is pre jym, and that costs $50 for 30 servings.

So to sum it up, $17 for 33 servings for my use, of 1 ingredient of a pre workout, BUT at a full dose. However we do not know the ratio.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

I'd recommend this product, as I did have an extra pump and even better workouts after adding this to my stack of 2 other ingredients taken pre workout (creatine hcl and beta alanine). I had some great pumps/workouts on days I just wasn't feeling it prior to hitting the weights.

This product on bodybuilding.com sold for $17 for 100 servings, but i'd recommend taking atleast 3 servings of this pre workout, so this will wind up being 33 servings around if used at a proper full dose. If you're already using a pre workout that has citrulline malate but under dosed, then you can use this to add in citrulline malate to that pre workout, and in that case you might only need 1-2 scoops of this product.

Good product, a little bit of a sour taste, helps give better pumps / muscle energy in the gym. The label does not state the ratio of citrulline to malate in the product, so I will be contacting the company to find out (already tried this today but didn't get through will try again) and then will add it to the comments section here.

Overall
            Thanks to SteelFit for sending it out!
              March 28, 2018

Pros:
             Cons:
            • Recovery
            • Decreased DOMs

I've been going to the gym 9+ years now, I started out the skinniest weakest kid, and gained alot of size and strength over the years. I go to the gym 3-4x a week and lift weights consisting of compound movements, isolation exercises, machines and cardio at the end for 10-15 minutes. My goals are strength and endurance. I'm at a level now where it's hard for 1 single product outside of a real deal PED (never used peds) to really make a significant difference in a short period. I'm in the plateau/slow progress zone.

I received this product as part of the trooper progr...

I received this product as part of the trooper program, thankyou to SR and Clipper, and Steelfit for this opportunity. I also want to state that this is my first Trooper product review (did a couple bounty reviews though) and I didn't properly log the tracking of this product, so I actually ran this product 1-2 weeks longer than what the history log shows.

5G BCAA's in a 2:1:1 Ratio

Magnesium (as magnesium Glycinate Glutamine chelate) 500 mg
              Raw Coconut water 250 mg
              sodium Chloride 200 mg
              Potassium citrate 160 mg

This BCAA blend as you can see has a good amount of electrolytes in it and is a good hydration formula. Drinking this is as good as drinking a Gatorade to stay hydrated and fueled during your workout. This product also contains glutamine and Citrulline malate in small doses. Glutamine helps with protein metabolism and muscle building, and while the 300 mg this product contains isn't a big dose, a lot of BCAA products don't contain any glutamine at all, so I'll give this product credit for having some in there. Citrulline Malate is converted into L-arginine in the body and helps increase NO levels and increase blood flow into the muscles increasing muscle energy and giving you a better pump. Taurine at 1000 mg is a nice addition to help boost athletic performance and help you burn more fat and use that for energy. Glycine is a non essential amino acid that aids in the muscle building process.

** I know a couple of ingredients I listed twice here with 2 different doses (sodium, potassium, magnesium) but this is how the label on the container had it listed - same ingredient listed in twice on label 2 different doses.

Dosing - serving size is 1 (11G) scoop. I would mix this with water and have it as an intra workout, some days if I was really going to do a lot in the gym I would mix 2 scoops and consume intra workout. I would also consume this product on most of my off days as well.

Mixability - this product mixes great, no issues at all there.

Taste - I had the watermelon lemonade flavor, and it tasted great, it was 1 of the best tasting BCAA products I ever had.

It's not so easy and black and white when it comes to rating the effectiveness for BCAA products - I've been going to the gym long enough where it's very hard for 1 single product to really make a big impact or to really say "wow, this BCAA added to my lifts today, and increased my bench, deadlift, OHP or squat by a lot of weight".. But I use this product to help fuel me through my workouts, and to help keep me and my muscles energized through my workout and I have to say this product did a very good job at that. Yes I still will have some bad days that are going to happen regardless, but I feel this product really helped me give it my absolute best in the gym each session that I used it, and that in turn leads to me making progress and making solid steady gains over time. I had some great workouts while using this product, and like I mentioned it helped me leave it all at the gym.

Also in terms of recovery, I feel I was recovering pretty good from my workouts, this product definitely helped me maximize my recovery in between workouts, but can't say for sure if my recovery time would of been worse had I used another BCAA product, or if my recovery would of been significantly worse had I not used a BCAA product and just strictly consumed my whey protein / high protein diet.

This product right now is on amazon and on the company's website for $29.95 for 30 servings. Being that this is a solid BCAA product in my opinion, it's worth the $30 for 30 servings, that's a good price for a solid BCAA product. The reason for my 7.8 rating for the value, is although I think $30 is a good price for a solid product like this, overall I don't put a huge amount of stock into BCAA products and my personal preference is to buy it in bulk as part of a promotion.. so for me I prefer to buy a BCAA product that is pretty good where there's a deal of perhaps buy 1 get 1 free or buy 1 get 1 half off etc.. This product isn't featured on bodybuilding.com (yet?) and doesn't have any special kind of promotions at the moment. I've bought BCAA products in the past where I'll pay $40-$50 and not have to buy BCAA's again for 5-6 months!

So again, $30 for 30 servings of this solid product is a good deal and it is worth it.. My personal preference is I like to buy BCAA products as part of a promotion where you can buy several months worth of stock at a good price. So good deal, but not a special promotion kind of deal at the moment.

Side Effects

None to report.

Conclusion

Solid BCAA product, definitely recommend, will definitely be using again in the future. Definitely much better and more worth the $30 than other BCAA products that sell for the same price. If I was to spend $30 to buy 1 30 serving container of BCAA's, this would be the product to buy. The only thing that may prevent me from buying this product routinely, is when I'm able to get other good BCAA products that are featured in a promotion where I can buy it in bulk at a good price.

Overall, better than other BCAA products that sell for the same price for 1 container that this sells for.. my personal preference is I will buy this/use this again, but will also go with a BCAA product that is featured in a deal promotion.

Overall
              Overall
              6.8
              6.3
                March 22, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Convenient
              • Decent Profile
              • No Soy
              • Not A Great Value

I've been going to the gym 9+ years, and I've made great gains in strength and size over the years. I use whey protein post workout, but I've been buying these from Costco the past year or so, mainly to have on the go when I'm at work or traveling.
              I have taken this a few times as post workout protein, but for the most part I don't like to use this post workout protein as I feel there are better options out there and the whey products that I use are more suited for a post workout protein, so I use this product as more of a convenient on the go protein.

----Ingredien...

160 Calories

3G Fat (1G saturated Fat)

5G Carbs

30G Protein

24 vitamins and minerals

*See posted picture at bottom for detailed product nutrition label*

This product doesn't contain artificial colors, is gluten free, and is soy free.

This is a Milk protein, which means it is a combination of casein and whey proteins (more casein than whey, and more of a slower digesting protein however)

This is 1 (11 oz) fluid drink. It's not refrigerated at Costco, and when you buy it you can either keep it in the fridge to drink cold, or you can keep it out and drink it warm. The Taste is okay, not terrible, I've had the Vanilla, Chocolate, and Bananas and cream flavor, and all tasted decent.

Mixability - You don't really mix it. just shake it and drink. However, I have to say, I bought several cases of this throughout the past year, and all but 1 were very good - a consistent fluid. 1 Case I bought was just a bad batch, where every drink in it was very chunky, it would be a fluid shake with what tasted like rubber chunks in it. Some of them were just undrinkable. I called the company to report this, and they were very helpful and sent me a refund check for this bad batch.

I don't have this daily, and I don't have it as my post workout drink, but I would consume it while on the go, sometimes I'll bring it to work in the morning and drink it as part of a quick breakfast. This product is effective for helping me reach my protein intake for the day, and sometimes when having just this in the AM when I'm busy, it helps keep me full and can suffice as a quick and convenient breakfast. This also helps me with vitamin intake.

Again, not my go to post workout protein, but usually on a day off from the gym and when I'm on the go, this helps me reach my protein intake for the day. Also, the fact that you don't have to keep it refrigerated and it's ready to drink, makes it easy to reach my protein for the day if I'm going away for a day or 2, as this is easier to pack.

The Value here isn't too good. I bought an 18-pack for $18.99 when it was on sale, but typically this can sell at Costco for as high as $27.99 for an 18-pack. A bit pricey, and again, why it's better suited as a convenient on the go protein in my opinion.

Side Effects

None to report

Conclusion

This is a good convenient protein, but not the best post workout protein. It's a combination of casein and whey proteins, with 24 vitamins and minerals. If on sale it's $18.99, but regularly priced for $27.99 at Costco (for an 18-pack). For me I can make an 18-pack last about a month or a bit more because I use this for convenience and not as my daily protein supplement.

If the price is right, and you're looking for a quick protein to pack when going to work and /or a short trip away, this stuff can suffice. But as your regular source of a post workout supplement, this isn't the product to go with for that.

March 19, 2018

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Cheap
              • Consistent
              • Deep Sleep
              • Poor Moods Following Morning

I've been going to the GYM 9+ years.. Over the 9+ Years I have made great gains. I bought this product more for a sleep aide product than for a ZMA recovery support / hormonal support product, and I will be rating this product on that aspect. I don't use this product on a daily basis, I use it on an as needed basis to help me get to sleep better when I have to be up for work. I've been using this product for almost a year now.

Vitamin D3 200 iu (as Cholecalciferol)
              Vitamin B6 12 mg (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
              Magnesium 425 mg (as magnesium ...

Vitamin D3 200 iu (as Cholecalciferol)
              Vitamin B6 12 mg (pyridoxine hydrochloride)
              Magnesium 425 mg (as magnesium aspirate)
              Zinc 35 mg (as zinc monomethionine and zinc aspirate)

Melatonin 3 mg

Vitamin D is a hormone that can help optimize testosterone in men. 200 iu is a really low dose, but not complaining here as I am already getting plenty of that else where. I'm treating this is just an extra in here.

Magnesium helps with relaxation, helps with insomnia and helps treat nervousness and also help relieve muscle aches and cramps. This supplement has a nice dose of it in here.

B6 - helps with brain function, I'm already getting plenty of b6 else where but this supplement contains a nice dose.

Zinc - helps with immune system health, is also key in optimizing testosterone in men and 35 mg is a great dosage of it here.

Melatonin 3mg - melatonin is a hormone that is naturally produced by the body to help regulate the body's sleep. Melatonin is produced more by the body in the early evening hours, and is produced more when there is less light, which means it may be produced in higher amounts and at earlier times during the winter months. Melatonin supplementation is also said to help naturally increase hgh levels in the body.

This is pill form so taste and mixing is N/A here. The dose is for men to take 3 pills, on an empty stomach 30-60 min before bed, and for women to take 2 pills in the same manner.

I have to say this is pretty effective for me in helping me not only fall asleep, but have a better quality of sleep. I tend to have more dreams that I can remember when using this product, which is an indicator of a good REM sleep. I also like how this product is dosed at 3 MG, as in the past I have had side effects with 5mg and 10 mg. When using 5 MG in the past (pure melatonin from pharmacy) a handful of times I had sleep paralysis which was pretty freaky. I would wake up in the middle of a dream, but not be able to move at all for a few seconds, I would know I'm awake and try to move but I'd be completely paralyzed. When taking 10 mg last yr (that I bought just melatonin at pharmacy) I would have bad headaches and at times have bad mood issues the next day too, so 10 mg was too much for me. 3mg is the sweet spot for me, and sometimes I'll take just 2 pills to have 2 mg if I feel I don't need the melatonin that much.

In terms of recovery I didn't really notice this product making a significant difference there, and I have tested on the low end for testosterone a few times in the last 1-2 years, but I don't take this product daily or for those reasons so I'm not going to base my rating on that. I purely use this product as a sleep aide. However, I don't believe that if I was using this product for better testosterone levels, that it would help. In terms of recovery, you need good sleep to recover, and this product does promote better sleep for me.

This bottle contains 60 servings as there's 180 pills, (90 servings for women) and I bought 2 bottles on bodybuilding.com for a total of $18, so great value!

Side Effects

When taking the full dose of this, which gives me 3 mg melatonin, the only side effects I can really notice which does happen sometimes is the next day sometimes my moods are a bit low. However I deal with mild depression on and off, and sometimes when using this product it triggers my depression the next day. Not to severe levels, but sometimes I'm just a bit depressed and it takes the whole morning for my mood to kind of get up. Not sure if this is something that will occur with anyone, or if it's just affecting me because I already deal with depression and this product I guess triggers it.

As I stated earlier in my review, I did have some worse side effects when I used 5 and 10 mg of melatonin in the past, that I didn't experience on this supplement.

Conclusion

Solid product. For me 3 mg of melatonin is the ideal dose, so that's right where I want to be when taking that. Zinc and magnesium are dosed nicely in this product as well. This product does help me fall asleep faster, and does help me sleep better. The price of 120 servings (2 bottles) for $18 on bodybuilding.com was a great price as well. I feel like if you're going to use melatonin for sleep aide, this is better than just going to your local drug store and buying melatonin by itself, because this product is nicely dosed with zinc magnesium and B6, and alittle bit of vitamin d thrown in there.