misterjaydub

SR TROOPer

• Was an active member for 2 years, but hasn't been online since June, 2013
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by misterjaydub

I have tried many BCAA products: Modern, Xtend, and now Chain'd Out. I had always ranked Xtend as the best BCAAs around, but I think ALRI industries have equaled if not beat them. Everyone knows (or they should by now) that BCAAs are an integral part of protein synthesis, recovery, and ultimately muscle gain. I had tried HumaPro in the past and liked it, so I had high expectations with this product.
Taste: 10/10

While the apple wasn't the best, I just tried the blue raspberry and that flavor was amazing. Often times BCAAs do not taste the best.

Mixability:

While keeping in mind th...

Mixability:

While keeping in mind that BCAAs never mix perfectly, this receives a perfect 10 because I have never had a BCAA supplement mix this well. Props to that.

Ingredients: 10/10

It includes a 2:1:1 ratio of Leucine: Isoleucine: Valine, which is standard. The only reason I didn't give a 10 is because the leucine content could be a little higher. This formula also includes L-Thealine, Dong Chong Xia Cao, Rhodiola Rosea Extract, and Apple Peel Extract.

L-theanine is shown to promote relaxation without the drowsiness, and is naturally found in green tea. Dong Chong Xia Cao, or Cordyceps sinensis is used in Chinese medicine for energy and endurance. , Rhodiola Rosea Extract is used for its effects on physical/emotional stress, and is shown to increase recovery time, and has been proven to increase performance in athletes. Apple Peel Extract has been shown to have great antioxidant properties.

Effects: 10/10

I have used this supplement both in cutting phase and a bulking phase and my performance increased during both times. Just what you would expect from a quality BCAA supplement.

I believe this may just replace Xtend as the top BCAA supplement. It is on par with the price as Xtend, and I feel may simply be as good, or a better product.
  • Improves Fatigue
  • Mixes Easily
  • Tastyness

Thanks for the guys at PES for allowing me to log this. I am very stim tolerant, so I was not expecting much in terms of energy before taking this.

I was very interested in Alpha-T2 because it contained a powerful, cleaner form of yohimbine. Yohimbine HCL is good stuff, but it can cause heart palpitations. I had used Yohimbine HCL before and loved its effects on energy and fat loss, so I was hoping this was even better.

Before taking this, I didn't expect much because there was no caffeine present.

I was shocked at the punch this little pill packed. What was...

Before taking this, I didn't expect much because there was no caffeine present.

I was shocked at the punch this little pill packed. What was even better was it was a nice punch, but it was clean and crisp with no jitters, rapid heart beat, etc that often accompanies Yohimbine HCL. When I started using this product I was on a pretty hard cutting phase. I dropped probably 2% while using this. I continued using as I transitioned to a bulking phase. I have since packed on some weight, while still keeping my bodyfat the same.

I never went over 3 pills a day because the energy seemed to last so long. It didn't feel unnatural either, it was a very crisp feeling energy.

I let my friend try some and he said it suppressed his appetite and he loved it since he was dieting.

One thing to note. Whenever I wanted the ultimate kick or preworkout, I would take caffeine with this. That's what's cool about the AT2, you get to choose when you want to add the caffeine.

Side Effects: 0/10
    None. Maybe those who are stim sensitive will see some changes in things like heartbeat, but I did not.

I honestly think this is very reasonably priced at about $25 for a 4-6 weeks. That is roughly ~$5 a week for something that works.

Overall:
    I would definitely recommend AT2 for someone looking to lose bodyfat. AT2 provides a long lasting crisp energy that I have not experienced before. It wasn't overkill, but it was very helpful. If you want to send things into overdrive, all you need is a hefty dose of caffeine and then you are superman!

I definitely believe AT2 help me shed some fat and boost my performance in the gym. PES did good with this one.
    • Fat Loss
    • Clean Energy
    • Long Lasting
        March 13, 2012

Ok, so I finally finished up my first tub of th is stuff. I have been reading some very intriguing logs on this from some very reputable lifters. Otherwise, I would have not bought into the hype, and would have passed on it. A product that is as effective with whey without the calories? Doubtful. However, I took the plunge, and after trying it, I got to say, something is working for sure.

Ingredients: 10/10
      It includes both BCAAs and well as EAAS and some B vitamins to boot. It also has bitter root melon which has been proven to lower glucose levels.

This stuff is said to be equa...

Ingredients: 10/10

This stuff is said to be equal to 25 grams of protein per scoop, while only have a fraction of the calories (.4 calories per scoop)! HumaPro produces 82 times less waste than Soy or Whey protein, and is 99% absorbed. Consequently, the need for less.

HumaPro is produced in a cGMP and NSF certified facility utilizing pharm grade Ajinmoto Amino Acids. It does not contain any dairy or animal products, sodium, gluten, sugar, or preservatives.

Mixability: 10/10
      I have never, ever, had a product that mixed as well as this. Unreal. They say its due to the Ajinmoto BCAAs, but I have bought those before, and they still didn't mix this well.

Taste: 10/10
      I bought Apple Cider, and loved it. I also have an unopened container of Sour Grape that I'll start today. I can speak for the Apple Cider though, and its delicious!

Effects: 10/10
      I had been reading on some logs of how a lot of people in calorie deficits took this stuff in place of protein, thus enabling them to lower their calories. I was very skeptical, but curious. Who's to say that these guys hadn't revolutionized the game? They sure did have enough support to back up the claims. I bought it, and honestly, immediately, I could feel the effects. The next few days I was already fresher, and had endless energy in the gym. I started taking this more, and lowered protein some. I didn't lose any strength, but instead leaned up some more, and looked fuller and tighter (nitrogen utilization?). I wasn't doing anything differently, so I attribute this to HumaPro. I also seemed to not be bloated at all and/or no gas that I sometimes get with whey. Maybe these guys are on to something about nitrogen waste??!

Dosing: First, I started off by taking a scoop upon waking, then after workouts and before bed. Now, I am sliding a scoop in between some meals.

Value: 9.5/10
      While I have took a container, I will probably need another or two to fully give this a 10/10. This stuff is expensive, but you can find it cheaper if you look around.

Overall this supplement works. I can't fully explain it, but it does. Read up on their website for a more scientific explanation. I have not cut out whey completey, but I definitely have way less these days. I lowered my protein only slightly, and the way I see it is that I am utilizing way more than ever since I am supplementing with HumaPro. I would definitely recommend this to the serious BBer.

They offer this in tablets as well, but I prefer the powder.
       Pros:
       Cons:
      • Taste Great
      • 100% Absorbed & 99% Utilized By The Human Body

I have taken this in the past in combination with caffeine. Basically, I ran the EC Stack (leaving out aspirin). Since Bronkaid contains a nice dose of Ephedrine, this was my source for that.

Ingredients: 10/10
        Epehedrine Sulfate and 400 mg Guaifenesin. These ingredients are perfect for a cut. The Ephedrine gives you the extra boost, and the Guaifenesin is not really needed, but actually clears breathing, so it is an added bonus.

Effects/Sides: 9/10

Effects/Sides: 9/10
        You usually feel a nice little kick from the ephedrine in a standard dose. Each tablet contains 25 mg of Ephedrine Sulfate, which is not pure ephedrine. Ephedrine Sulfate is 77% Ephedrine by weight, so each table contains around 19 mg of Ephedrine. This is more than enough, and I would not suggest taking two tablets at once.

Take this as prescribed. Of course the effects are intensified and synergistic with caffeine. I received a ton more energy, elevated heart rate (nothing major at all), increased focus, as well as a sense of euphoria. I really noticed appetite suppression from the Bronkaid. I also noticed some thermogenic effects from the Bronkaid as well. I tended to sweat more.

**Dosing**
        I dosed three times daily as follows:
        Morning: 1 Bronkaid Tab + 200 mg Caffeine
        Mid Day: 1 Bronkaid Tab + 200 mg Caffeine
        Evening: 1 Bronkaid Tab + 200 mg Caffeine

As with any stim, do not take if you have or have had a heart condition. See a doctor if you have questions or concerns. I wouldn't take this later in the day if stims keep you
        up at night either.

The value is good, but the price can get a little higher than most stims due to this being in the pharm section of your drug store. It's still not very expensive considering you get a lot of tablets per box.

Overall I would give this a solid 9. For the money and limited sides, this is hard to beat. I would definitely recommend to a responsible, healthy, adult.
         Pros:
         Cons:
        • Supresses Appetite
        • Increased Focus

This is the first time I have every used Yohimbine, and I am loving it. I have used ephedrine, caffeine, etc, and I believe this is the way to go. Do not comfuse this with yohimbe, which is less effective, and contains a combo of alkaloids, whereas this contains what you are looking for.

Research suggests that Yohimbine is a vasodilator, which means that it increases blood flow to the extremities and appendages (aka, a side effect of increased libido!) Not only does yohimbine help maintain a healthy heart, but yohimbine also has been proven to decrease fat synthesis in the body.

Ta...

Effectiveness/Sides: 10/10
          This stuff is potent! Please assess tolerance before you take this. I started off taking a low dose before I increased my dosage. The effects of this stuff is very noticeable, and quickly!. I am leaning out very quickly, which can also be attributed to diet, but I can tell this stuff is helping. I am also combining this with caffeine, which increases effects. At first, my heart rate increased slightly, but nothing extreme. I also notice that at times I sweat a lot after taking this. I even get a somewhat euphoric feeling after supplementing. At times I have noticed an increase in libido, but not all of the time.
          **Dosing**: I am up to 20 mg/day, but I am also very stim tolerant. Please start very low (the pills come in 2.5 mg) to assess your tolerance. Some people do not tolerate this easily, and the sides will come quickly. Also, some people need nowhere near the dose I am at to see similar results. It is recommended not to go over .2 mg/kg of bodyweight when taking this. One thing to note, I am also taking 200 mg caffeine a day with this. My dosing schedule goes like this:
          1. 200 mg caffeine + 5 mg yohimbine
          2. 200 mg caffeine + 5 mg yohimbine
          3. 200 mg caffeine + 10 mg yohimbine (this is pre-workout)

Price/Value: 10/10
          This stuff is only like 9-10 dollars a bottle, which is very cheap considering the effects. If you are heavy on the dosing like I am, then that will cost about 30-35 dollars a month to use. however, if you don't go as high, then of course the price is less. The price equates to about 10 cents a pill. Very cost effective in my opinion.

For the effects and cost, this is a must have supplement in a cutting regimen. I will no longer cut without it. Please be careful with this stuff, as it is powerful. If you have a heart condition or not in good health, I wouldn't recommend it.
           Pros:
           Cons:
          • Increased Fat Loss
          • Increased Libido
          • Euphoric Feeling
          • Increased Energy/stamina

I have tried just about every low carb energy drink known to man. That being said, Spike is actually one of my favorites.

Taste: 9/10
            I hear a lot of complaints about the taste of this drink, but in my opinion, I think all flavors actually are pretty dang good.

Taste: 9/10

Ingredients: 10/10
            A give this a perfect score because most energy drinks lack in the stimulant department. That's what we're after right? Spike has 300 mg caffeine, and even have yohimbine hcl in it. If you have ever taken yohimbine, you know that stuff is the real deal. This drink also packs a bunh of B vitamins which aids in energy.

Effects: 9/10
            I have a high tolerance to stims, but this drink always gets me going. It could be probably be attributed to the combo of caffeine and yohimbine hcl. Keep in mind if you are sensitive to caffeine or stimulants, then be careful drinking this. I suggest drinking about half a can and gauging your tolerance. Although I have a high tolerance, this stuff always gets my heart rate going.

Not only does my energy inrease while taking this, but my focus does as well.

Price: 8/10
            This drink is hard to find (only sold online or in supp shops), but is actually in my gym. Consequently, the price is a little steep when buying individually. However, considering the price of energy drinks in the store, you definitely get what you pay for here.

This goes hand in hand with the price. Not many drinks have a potent concoction of 300 mg caffeine, yohimbine, and massive amounts of B vitamins.

Overall this is probably my favorite energy drink, although I don't have one often. If you want a burst of energy and great focus, I recommend this drink. As always, be careful if you are sensitive to caffeine or stims.
             Pros:
             Cons:
            • Crisp Focus
            • High Dose Of Caffeine
            • Yohimbine Hcl

I took advantage of a great deal on a kilo of Modern BCAA Grape Bubblegum flavor. I'll review it here:

Taste: 7/10
              Not bad, but not great. Definitely not grape bubble gum taste, but more of a kinda grape. You can taste some of the BCAAs, which hampers the taste. Totally fine with me, since I attribute this to the high content of Leucine.

Mixability: 9/10
              Any BCAAs with this high of a Leucine content is hard to mix. However, this mixes pretty well considering.

Ingredients: 10/10
              Includes everything you are buying, and I prefer the high Leucine ratio.

...

Taste: 7/10

Ingredients: 10/10
              Includes everything you are buying, and I prefer the high Leucine ratio.

The extra leucine in this stuff is golden.

Considering the bargain I got on this stuff, I'll give it a 9. The only thing lacking is the taste IMO, but that is minor. Very solid product and performs as advertised. Definitely recommend, and will continue to buy at this price.

Pros:
               Cons:
              • Excellent Recovery
              • Great Bcaa Ratio
              • Buy This Product!

While this is certainly not my #1 whey choice, it is often my back up choice when I run out of whey and need some immediately. I'll go to WalMart and get a jug.

Taste: 8/10
                Not the best, not the worst. I have had every flavor, with Strawberry being the best. There is a little bit of grittiness, but that could probably be attributed to the creatine that is in it.

Mixability: 9/10
                Mixes pretty well. Just be sure to add enough water.

Taste: 8/10

Mixability: 9/10
                Mixes pretty well. Just be sure to add enough water.

I prefer to buy my whey in bulk, and when I do so it averages out to be about $7 a pounds. Whey has went up, so getting this product at about $8 a pound is not bad at all. Also, the Amino Acid profile is great, as well as the added creatine. Pretty solid supp IMO.

The protein is there, carbs are decent, and the fat is a little higher than I would like, but overall this product does what it's intended to do; provide a quality protein source.
                • Very Cheap When You Are Low On Cash
                • Tastes Great
                • Creatine
                • Creatine Does Not Dissolve Well
                • Wish It Came In Bigger Sizes.

First off, let me start by saying this is not a miracle supplement by any means. However, if you are looking for that extra edge, then this is it. I am in a cutting phase, so I may experience more of a boost when I am bulking.

I have taken both a container of Primaforce DAA as well as a bulk powder from NP. However, Primaforce was the most recent.

Dosage:
                I was taking 6 gram/day. I have taken a container at 3 gram/day in the past, but I noticed more pronounced effects at 6 grams. I took for 2 weeks straight, then off a week. Repeat.

Taste: 6/10
                Insanely tart, almost bitter. ...

Dosage:

Taste: 6/10
                Insanely tart, almost bitter. Since I was taking such small amounts though, it didn't matter. I would simply spoon it in my mouth and wash it down.

For the price and what it does, I think this is worth investing in. It does not perform miracles, but the stuff is pretty cheap.

Effects: 7/10
                Kicked in within a few days and I noticed better sleep, more energy, and a better since of weel being. not to mention that my nether regions seemed to be "happier" more often.

Overall I think this is a great product and there is enough user evidence as well as blood results that prove its effectiveness. I can see steroid users really benefiting from this during PCT when trying to recover from shutdown.

Pros:
                 Cons:
                • Could Feel Test Increase. For Certain.
                • Muscle Preservation
                • High Libido
                • Cheap
                • No Side Effects

I have been supplementing whey protein for over 10 years now, and I have tried many, many different kinds. Before I tried this protein, I had regarded Scivation and Optimum Nutrition as the best bang for the buck. In my opinion, a protein should not only taste good, but it should also have a good ingredient list (not a lot of fillers), good macronutrient breakdown (high protein, low carb and fat), mix well, and have a good amino acid profile.

That being said, this protein met every single one of those criteria. I have not reviewed another protein source on here, but I felt I needed to. This is definitely my new go to!

Taste: 10/10
                I have never had a protein that tasted this good. It was unreal at how good the Frosted Cinnamon Bun tasted. There was no aftertaste, or girtty texture at all. Smooth and delicious.

Content/Ingredients: 9/10
                The main ingredient was whey concentrate, followed by isolate. This checked out as a good protein source being that one scoop yields 22 grams of protein, and only 1 gram of carbs and fat respectively, leaving only 4 grams of filler per scoop (flavoring). That's close to 80% whey by volume. Since the protein percentage is so high, its no doubt that this is loaded with enough aminos, and is leucine rich. The only reason I give this a 9, is because isolate is the best source of protein.

Mixability: 10/10
                Super easy mixing. No clumping, or sticking to the bottom of the shaker. The powder is instantized, allowing for this to occur.

The ingredients and macronutrient profile allow for this protein to be effective. It met and exceeded my needs, and my performance actually improved when supplementing it.

$37.99 for 5 pounds of a whey this quality is a great deal. It would be very hard to find a similar bargain, considering there are no proteins that have the complete package like this one.

Overall: 9.8/10
                I can't stress enough how impressed I was with the quality of this protein. It definitely exceeded my expectations. I cannot wait to try the other flavors!