medinacirilo

SR TROOPer

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by medinacirilo

Thanks to EvoMuse for sending it out!
  August 16, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Sweating
  • Reduces Fat
  • Pleasant Burning Sensation
  • Sheds Excess Water
  • Frustrating To Dose Accurately
  • Stains Light Colored Clothing
  • A Little Pricey
  • Little Brown Clumps
  • Ingredient Amount Not Listed
  • NO Correct Way To Dose Accurate
It's no secret EvoMuse arrived to Supplement Reviews "Guns Blazing"! They've been on the scene for a minute, and most people swear by their products. I've never used a Topical Fat-Burner before, so of course I was intrigued by this one. Big thanks to EvoMuse for bringing so much to the table, and HUGE apologies on my behalf for taking so long to get this review posted!

PROFILE- 6
Prop-Blends are a nuisance here at SR, but if the product is to be rubbed on your body, is it still a problem not knowing what the doses are? Serious question actually, since I do not know the answer! But it is a prop-blend, and a kitchen-sink one at that! I won't get into every ingredient listed on the label, but just imaging every fat burner on the market and toss those ingredients into a bottle (including caffeine)! All the Heavy-Hitter TRoopers did a great write-up on the ingredients panel, so I won't waste your time here. A major issue I had was that the label doesn't list a serving size is, and also doesn't say how many total servings are in each container! Do I have a weeks' worth? A month? I don't even know.

The instructions say to shake very well, and apply a "silver dollar" amount on your midsection. I vaguely remember what a silver dollar even looks like. The liquid came out a dark "orangish-brown" and was very gooey and sticky. It had some small little clear "gummy bear" bits floating around. And smelled like spicy Sriracha chili mixed with Vicks! It felt a lot like Icy Hot at first, eventually settling into a warm feeling around the midsection.

EFFECTIVENESS- 6.8
Well, after a few weeks I broke from my long-standing plateau of 240lbs and dropped down to 236! This hasn't happened in years. My waist did shrink maybe an inch and half, but I didn't see as much detail in my stomach as I wanted. Strangely, this worked more like an oral fat-burner meaning I lost total bodyweight, and the slimming mid-section was just a byproduct of that. I did sweat while taking this, and I mean a LOT! No changes in energy, or workout intensity from taking this. Towards week 3, I noticed a stall in weight loss. This leads me to believe this has strong diuretic properties. Actually, I'm sure of it; based on the frequency of urination and leg cramps. Towards about week-5 is when the bottle ran out, and I didn't see much difference at that point.

SIDE EFFECTS-4.5
Now for the bad; towards the middle of week-3 I developed a painful rash around my naval area. It would actually sting, and I'd skip application every couple of days. This may be the reason for the stall in weight loss. This stuff smells like a hot-wing challenge! There's no hiding the fact you have this on. It's MESSY!!! It's a sticky Orange liquid you rub all over your stomach. It sticks to your clothes but luckily it doesn't stain. Also, frequent Urination and leg cramps.

VALUE-4.5
50$ and up, is what I found this for. Like I said, the amount of servings is a mystery to me. Maybe I didn't dose it right, maybe it has a lot. This product is very expensive if you get a months' worth out of it. I got more, but I'm unsure if I dosed it correctly. At this price I would only consider this if I had a summer vacation cruise, or Vegas pool party in my future.

OVERALL- 5.8
For me, this product worked great as a short-term "quick results" product. But in my case, the price, side effects, and inconvenience make it a tough sell for me. I will say this; for someone who already has low bodyfat, I have no doubt this would get them stage ready in short time!

Overall
Overall
9.1
9.3
9.4
Thanks to Herbal Nitro for sending it out!
  July 30, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Gentle
  • Effective
  • Flatulence
Ok, so this offering from Herbal Nitro is the one sleeper product that I knew would help me, but I had NO IDEA how much help I really needed! I'll try my best to not be gross and childish as I review this, but (let's face it) this product is marketed to do one thing and one thing well; empty out the old Poop Chute! Huge thanks to Herbal Nitro for making this available to the TRoopers. A few months ago I hit the big-40, and boy does my body not work like it used to. Going Number-2 meant sitting for long periods, endless wiping, only to realize you're never really done evacuating Those Bowels! Yup it does get uncomfortable, but I think I just accepted it as my life now. But I learned, that there IS a better way.

PROFILE- 7
Yes it's a Prop-Blend but to be honest, I'm not that concerned at the specific dosages of this, due to the nature of this product. Had it been a performance product or a PreWorkout; it'd be a different story. Within the 487mg serving, there's Casanthranol USP, Senna Leaf, Fennel Seed, Dandelion Root, and Aloe Vera Leaf. I can't say if any of this is good or bad, as Colon Cleansing isn't something I've taken seriously in the past.

The bottle has 30 pills, one a day. No burps or heartburn or any problems taking this. So, did it deliver as promise? Let's find out.

EFFECTIVENESS- 9.5!!!
I didn't expect much on the first day i took this. Boy was i mistaken! Within a few hours i felt i gentle rumbling in my upper stomach. Eventually, that feeling shifted south, until that uneasy feeling overwhelms you and its GO-Time!!! The actual BM was (how do i say this) soft but not messy? Solid yet smooth? And about as clean as you could hope for. I switched to taking this at night before bed, and awoke to some very lengthy, yet very cleansing, morning toilet sessions! On the label it says safe and gentle and it really is! At the end of the month, i really felt like i had been "purged" and just had an overall sense of better health. And was dropping deuce 3-4 times a day! Now, word to the wise; get familiar with the term "courtesy flush" or pay the price! Also, you may be temped to take a peek at your cleanse results but please don't; consider yourself warned. Ok now seriously, the effectiveness and gentleness of this product was absolutely impressive! About the only way to improve it would be if i didn't need to wipe at all! Better overall feeling, stomach discomfort gone, what more do you want? Bottom line is this; I didn't realize how uncomfortable I had been living until I took this.

SIDE EFFECTS-8.5
Aside from some minor gas, and an uneasy rumbling in the stomach; there really isn't much to fault at this product. I mean, considering what it's intended to do! Oh, and don't be surprised if someone thinks your house has a gas leak! Also, when the urge to go hits, there is no saying "I'll just hold it away for later", trust me.

VALUE-9.9!
Its 15.99 on the Herbal Nitro website! i searched for other places to buy it, but found none. At that price I may just make it a staple in my cabinet!

OVERALL- 9.5
I don't know if any of my Hispanic readers are familiar with the Mexican "ballerina" dieter's tea, the one with 3 ballerina silhouettes on the box. Those 3 ballerina Bi#ches will inflict pain and misery upon your cornhole. THIS is nothing like that! Sure you could just eat a bunch of Taco Bell to achieve similar results, but you're gonna have a bad time. If you've hit the later side of 30's, or have had uncomfortable stomach issues, or are eating a high protein diet with very little fiber, I highly recommend you give this a whirl! Hope I didn't get to gross or offensive in this review, but it's the nature of the beast.

Thanks to Gold Star Performance for sending it out!
  July 14, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Increased Focus
  • Inconsistant
  • Mild Energy
  • OCD Focus
  • No Pump
  • Little Endurance
When a product comes along named "New Jack" it's pretty obvious they marketed as a replacement for the old, beloved, Original Jack3d. It's also gonna grab the older crowds attention. Gold Star Performance Supplements is a brand I'm not too familiar with, but I have seen their products in local "Mom & Pop" stores. Many thanks to Gold Star for allowing us to pick this apart.

PROFILE- 6
Prop-Blends are a dying breed. This one has some basic PreWorkout goodies, split into two parts. The first part has Taurine (750mg), Tyrosine (300mg) and thankfully Caffeine Anhydrous listed at 350mg. nothing wrong here, and that's a respectable amount of Caffeine to see on a label. The second part is the "New Jack" Prop blend is listed at a total of 4450mgs. In this blend is Citrulline, Beta-Alanine, Agmatine, 2-amino-5-methyhexanane (touted as"the new" DMHA), Synaphrine HCL, and Yohimbe HCL. No real surprises here, unless DMHA surprised you. I wasn't, but I'm sure glad it in here! Nothing groundbreaking or ingenuities, and I can't help but think lots of the ingredients aren't at clinical dosages.

I received the "Golly Rancher" flavor, and i'm not sure what I was expecting. It did taste like sweet candy, and was a very NEON blue when mixed in a glass! It mixed fine, tasted sweet but a bitter aftertaste. And took about 15 minutes to kick into gear.

EFFECTIVENESS- 5.7
Moments of brilliance mixed in with lots of mediocre, is about the best I could describe this. It was often inconsistent. What was consistent, and did hit was that 350mg of caffeine, which will wake most people up! But it was more of a fast "sugar rush" that tapered off within 45 minutes. The DMHA would sometimes almost make me too "dialed in" when it hit. Like one time when I was warming up on the treadmill (I usually do this for 7-10 minutes) when I got locked into a show on the TV. About 25 minutes later I realized I had spent a lot more time doing cardio then I wanted! Now, I'm gonna share some personal info about me; I'm going through a rough patch at home, and I'm not sure this one is gonna be fixable. I'd hit the gym as an escape, but often time found myself sitting on a bench really overthinking my situation instead of just waging war on the iron. That's what I'm talking about being too much "in the zone"! The biggest problem is that this focus was inconsistent each time; sometimes I got it, sometimes I didn't. I felt very little in the pump aspect, and muscle endurance wasn't much improved. I'm not really a responder to Agmatine, so your results may vary. Each negative detail I listed above could be overlooked on its own, but combined it adds up to a PreWorkout experience that's decent but not really a step above, considering the market is crowded with so many great options.

SIDE EFFECTS-8
There was really not much negative to say, when taking this. I felt no stomach issues. I would sweat like a horse, but it is a hot summer here in Central Cali. I never took this late in the day so I'm not sure if sleep would be affected. The bitter aftertaste was about the only thing I didn't like about this. Also, I never experienced a horrific crash after taking this.

VALUE-4.5
Average price online is right around $40 for a can of 30 scoops. For me, that's a bit too much considering the inconsistency and shortcomings i came across. if it was in the LOW 20's it'd be worth it for the energy and focus i did get. But with so many other options, this is just priced out of my radar.

OVERALL- 5.8
With so many other options available, I'd be hard pressed to buy or recommend this. This wasn't a bad product at all, but it just didn't hit the "upper echelon" in performance, energy, or focus. There's really no outstanding feature besides the initial caffeine buzz, that sets this apart (or level) with all the choices today. Other reviewers have had some good experiences with this, but in my case, it just missed the mark on some areas.

June 11, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • No Dyes
  • Chalky Taste
  • Light Taste
When Nutra-Bio creates a product, they don't create it half-assed or stuff it full of garbage fillers. That's something I've come to embrace with each and every product I've reviewed from them. This is no different. Big thanks to Nutra-Bio for being so generous to us Troopers, and (again) many apologies on my behalf for taking so damn long to finish this review!

PROFILE-9.5

PROFILE-9.5
Simplicity at its finest. There's 2.5 grams of L-Leucine, 1.25 grams of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of L-Valine. And some flavoring. That's it! Each can comes with 63 scoops (very odd), and it took me a while to finish this one.

Like all amino products, it mixed quiet horrifically! I found if I dropped the scoops into water, let it sit for a while, THEN shook it up it would eventually dissolve and mix up. Once it was mixed, it never "unmixed" or settled. I got the Fruit Punch flavor, and it was an interesting flavor. Not too sweet, not much Actual flavor, and had notes of watermelon and bland strawberries. Well, that was my take on it. My 16 year old niece claimed it tasted like an "old strawberry iced tea"! It wasn't a bad thing to drink; it just wasn't all that exciting to me.

EFFECTIVENESS-8
BCAA's are always on the difficult side to rate, as there's no "seat of the pants" instant results like a preworkout, or "crazy mad gainz" like some anabolic products. I usually dosed this in a shaker cup and sipped on it during my workouts. When the weather got warmer, I got a Half-Gallon jug and drop a couple of scoops in it for a workout. It sure beats plain old water! Workout endurance was enhanced while drinking this, although not quiet on the level of their "Intra-Blast". But that's another different animal. Lately, I've been following the Body Spartan workouts (think high reps & sets, AND supersets on top!) some rough workouts indeed! Muscle soreness and DOMS were reduced from downright crippling, to just some minor dull soreness! Sometimes when I felt like just drinking water at the gym, I'd scoop this into my preworkout, shake the CRAP out of it, and chug it down. Point is, just get those BCAA's into the body somehow.

SIDE EFFECTS-9.5
Other than the odd flavor (not really a side effect) there was nothing wrong I experienced while taking this.

VALUE-8.7
This ranges from between $25-28 dollars a container. For 63 scoops per container, that's not bad at all. And I dosed this double, and at time multiple times a day. And it STILL took me much longer to finish the tub then I expected! So in the total scheme of things, it's a real good deal compared to other amino products.

OVERALL-8.5
At the price per-scoop of this product, there really isn't a reason to NOT buy if you're in the market for some quality BCAA's. Even with my reservations towards the flavoring, I still recommend this product! It covers the bases, and does it on the cheap and simple. Shop around and try to find the same value and quality on other brands, and this product just makes sense. Except for the 63 servings though! Seriously Nutra-Bio; another scoop in there to make it an even number wouldn't kill anyone!

May 25, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Mood Enhancer
  • Appropriate Amounts Of Ingredients
  • Great Label
  • Easy To Scoop Container
  • Great Endurance
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Needs More Servings
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Sustained Not Bursting Energy
When I tried Nutra Bio's other version "PRE" preworkout, it was quiet the impressive product if only missing a little in the stim department. So when this "PRE EXTREME" became available for review, I jumped at the chance to try it. Big thanks to Nutra-Bio for giving us the opportunity to review their (extensive) list of products, and (once again) HUGE apologies on my part for taking so long to complete this review!

I'll be honest, when I compare the label of this one to the milder "PRE" version, I was a little disappointed. To make the jump to "EXTREME" I would expect stuff like DMAA or DMHA or AMP Citrate, well, you get the idea! There's none of that stuff added and no changes to the caffeine blend. Huh? The label looks identical to the other version, with just a few more ingredients added (none of which impressed me, on paper). So does it still deserve to be called "extreme"? Read on and find out.

PROFILE-9.3
The label is pretty much identical to the original "PRE" preworkout, which is JAM PACKED with everything you'd expect from Nutra Bio! I covered it in my review of "PRE", but I'll touch on a few notable details. There's a real nice 6g of L-Citrulline in there, a gram of Agmatine, and 2.5g of Beta Alanine. 3.5 grams of L-Leucine (nice inclusion Nutra-Bio!). There's Pharma-pure Creatine at 2g, Betaine at 2.5g. In the energy department we got Caffeine (I know you're curious!) with Anhydrous and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate) combined for a total of 350mg. Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is in there at 1.2g, and TheaPure (HPLC) at 300mg.

Now, the changes from the other version are; Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (as ClusterDextrin) is added at 15 grams. This is Great stuff for Glycogen loading, aiding with muscle endurance and fatigue. Yohimbe HCL is added at 4 grams, and some people are on the fence about this stuff, but it does work (for me) pretty well with caffeine. Also new to the party is some Hordenine HCL at 50mg, and N-Methyl Tyramine (which converts to Synaphrine, this ones dosed at 50mg). Both of these are some good neuro-focus and energy additions, as well as improve fat burning properties. Like I said above; not the changes or additions I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, and, I'm beginning to think maybe I just don't really like Nutra Bio's whole flavor lineup. It wasn't bad by any means, just wasn't something I enjoyed drinking. There just didn't seem to be as much "flavor" as I'd like. And I'm probably the only person on this website who feels this way! Anyhow, that's just my opinion on the matter. There was a mild amount of dyes, nothing too bad. It did NOT mix as well as the PRE version, but the 3.5 grams of L-Leucine AND the now added ClusterDextrin are some tough ingredients to dissolve!

EFFECTIVENESS-8.5!
OK OK Nutra Bio; I was wrong to second guess your changes to the formula!!!. It is a substantial improvement over the other version. This stuff was a solid performer, and it performed consistently every time. The Beta-Alanine tingles were not painful but always present. The energy took about 10 minutes to kick in, and would continue to rise throughout the workout. The caffeine blend works synergistically with the Yohimbe, and keeps you pushing that weight. It's still not "stimmed out of my brain" energy, but it is more than enough to get you motivated and doing some work. The pump was a solid, great feeling, that wasn't too painful but very noticeable. The biggest difference I felt compared to the other version was a HUGE improvement in muscular endurance! I felt like my muscles could work all day, and total-body "mental" fatigue would set in before my worked muscle group would. I still would like DMHA (or even DMAA) added to this, but I don't think that'll ever happen. And the reality is this stuff didn't need it. Kudos to Nutra Bio for improving on an already solid formula, and doing it without resorting to questionable ingredients!

SIDE EFFECTS-8
Considering the big doses of ingredients, I didn't experience many side effects from this. No stomach discomfort, no tolerance build up, nothing. Just shake the hell out of it before drinking, or you'll get some nasty clumps to choke down! In true form, they've manage to pack this full of quality ingredients yet cause ZERO stomach problems for me.

VALUE-5.8
Online search shows this going for 42-43$, this is for only 20 servings. Well, i found one fault in this product. But I enjoyed this so much that I'm planning on ordering another tub soon! With Nutra Bio, you pay for the quality of the product, and quality it is

OVERALL-8.5
This baby covered pretty much all the bases in a well-rounded preworkout. The energy, the pump, the endurance is all there. It's still not a Stim-Crazy formula, but it makes up for that (if that's what you want) with endurance. And honestly, I personally am finding that I don't need "crazy intense" energy to have a quality workout. This is a quality product that I could find no faults in

Overall
Overall
5.7
6.7
5.5
Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!
  April 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • Mostly Isolate
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Bitter Aftertaste
  • Only Available In 2 Lbs
  • Slightly Expensive
Catalyst Grass-Fed Whey is Strength.com's entry into the protein field. First of all, i want to send HUGE apologies to Strength.com AND to the Trooper program, for taking so long to post this! My schedule changed at work, now I'm working swing shift and have little time for anything else!

Anyways; protein powders are those things we don't really need, but damn if I'm always buying and consuming it! This being the case, a good protein has to be good tasting, mixing, and not cause any stomach issues if its something you'll be drinking everyday. This being labeled as "grass fed", i wonder if it would make that much of a difference (good or bad) in any of the aforementioned qualities. So, did Catalyst whey step up to the plate? Read on my Friends.

PROFILE-8
This is about as simple, basic, and effective a profile you'd want in a protein. There's 24mg of protein per serving, along with calcium (120mg), and sodium (85mg). For flavoring there's Stevia, Dextrose. No extra items, no fillers. For calorie and carb-counters; 110 calories, and 3g of carbs per serving. Very nice!

I (because I asked for) received "Natural Vanilla" flavor and, well, it's pretty natural tasting, I'm guessing. It was more a powdered skim milk consistency and taste! It mixed fairly decent, but took a blender bottle or shaker cup and some elbow grease to get it mixed. This wasn't a bad tasting product (nor was it a great tasting product), it just didn't have much vanilla flavor to offset the natural protein taste.

EFFECTIVENESS-7
Protein Powders are a bit on the difficult side to rate for "effectiveness". I mean, a protein can taste delicious yet do absolutely nothing good for your body (but fill it with sugars fillers and flavoring). Or, it can taste horrific yet provide plenty of clean, wholesome protein. So, this is more in the eye of the consumer and what's important to him/her. This did what it supposed to; provide plenty of clean protein to your body, much more conveniently than say, having to cook a steak or chicken breast after each workout. It did "quench the thirst" after a hard workout. In true, "clean profile" fashion, i'd be nice and satisfied after taking. THEN an hour after taking I'd be absolutely starving again! Soreness and recovery were improved. Bottom line is it did the job as a quality protein supplement.

SIDE EFFECTS-5.5
Flatulence! Yup, about 20-30 minutes after consuming I would just let 'er rip! This happened throughout the entire bag. Sometimes, I would get a little stomach discomfort. It was definitely caused by the gas in my stomach. Reading some of the other reviews, I appear to be the only one who experienced this. Maybe I had a reaction to this product.

VALUE-6
This runs between 36-44$ for a 2lb bag. Each bag contains 30 scoops of protein. In the big picture of the protein market, this is a little on the pricey side. For my personal experience, its more than I would be willing to spend for the reactions and experience I had.

OVERALL-5
This wasn't a bad protein powder by any means, but the price point and poor flavor/mixability are factors I do take into consideration. Reading the other reviews, I think I'm the only person who experienced mild stomach discomfort. But that alone wasn't any reason for me to stop taking this. But, that's just another factor I have to take into consideration when reviewing this. It was solid as a protein supplement, but these negative experiences keep me from recommending this to the average consumer over any other options.

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
  March 31, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Clean Energy
  • Long Last Energy
  • Skin Tingles
  • Tastes Good
  • Increase Focus
  • Dyes
  • Contains Proprietary Blends
  • Heavily Flavored
  • Chills
  • No Pump
This VMI Preworkout has been getting very good reviews here at SR, so I was curious to see what the hype was all about. As a company, VMI has been dropping some impressive products upon us consumers. Like It or not, Preworkout supplements are creeping into that "staple" category (if they haven't already!) as something most consumers buy along with protein and creatine! Naysayers will cry "you don't need a Preworkout for a good gym session!!" Well, they probably don't wake up at 4am to get ready for work, and have an hour commute each way, either!

Like I said in my last review, my wife has...

Like I said in my last review, my wife has been bitten by the fitness bug. She's on a diet, so that means I'm on a diet! Well not so much as she is (keto) but I am following her in carb-cycling and just eating cleaner in general. Also, because she (now) loves the gym so much I've ditched my "Bro-Split" for a 6-day routine, and following the Body Spartan workouts. This means heavy lifting, lots of reps, and lots of super-sets. NOT an easy thing if your carbs and calories are low! Anyways, a strong Preworkout is a good tool to have under these conditions. Was K-XR able step up to the plate? Read and find out.

PROFILE-7.5
This has been covered pretty extensively so i wont beat it apart. A Solid energy profile, BUT, it's split into several blends. The Max Energy Blend comes with a Triple stage caffeine stack, designed to release in stages. Also, Norcoclaurine (touted to improve broncodialation), and Rawolfia Vomitoria. the Focal Blend has Choline Bitartrate, and Huperzia Serrata extract. Both are written to improve cognitive function. That 400mg of caffeine listed on the front label might seem scary at first, but keep in mind it doesn't all hit at once. This is an innovative feature in the "post DMAA" era (if that's even a thing yet) to keep that caffeine energy from faltering too early in your workout. What I found lacking in the label was the usual pump-profile ingredients. The Intense Pump Blend (listed at 3300mg) contains CarnoSyn, L-Taurine, and Theobromine. Not what I'd expect in a pump blend; most of the usual suspects like Citrulline and Arginine are missing. Hmmm, maybe there's a method to this madness?

I received the "Miami Vice" flavor and, well, it does live up to its name! A nice tropical drink flavor that reminded me of a poolside cabana or beach drink. It did have a tart chemical aftertaste but not too bad. I enjoyed drinking it and never got tired of the taste. It mixed up pretty well, but had a decent amount of opaque orange color to it.

EFFECTIVENESS-7.5
This is one product that's you feel from the first sip! The lips and mouth get those Beta-Alanine tingles, and you'll feel the caffeine kick in within minutes. This baby had some clean constant energy that lasted! It was strong, and would last for several hours. The staged release caffeine seemed timed perfectly as I never felt it drop off and pick up, just a gradual decline. Endurance during some longer gym sessions was remarkable, and breathing was absolutely NOT affected by the high dose of caffeine. In fact, breathing was slightly improved. Focus was somewhat noticeable, just not on a super "tuned in" level like some of the other Preworkouts available. Now, the pump was lacking with this, and pretty much non-existent in my opinion. That and muscle strength/endurance wasn't improved at all. This was disappointing for such a product that does so well in all the other areas. Other than this negative point, this Preworkout was a solid performer. My normal dose was right under a level scoop. Now, a few times I tried to "Bro Scoop" this and paid the price! I felt cold shivers and sweats, a slight nausea, mild headaches, and I would crash very hard! Stay within your comfort zone on this one and you'll have a good experience.

SIDE EFFECTS- 8.5
Other than my "caffeine overdose" experiences I felt pretty much no ill effects taking this. No tightness of the lungs, no adverse reactions. Stick to the proper dosage and you'll be fine. Overdo it and you'll regret it!

VALUE-8
About mid-30$ for 30 servings, I see this as a fair value for such a solid stim-based Preworkout. Although the can says 30 scoops, I'm pretty sure I got quite a few more servings out of it. Although its lacking in a few areas i still feel its worth its price

OVERALL-7.6
This was all about the stims, and it showed. With the lack of focus-feels, its not the "melt your face off" strongest Preworkout you'll ever try. But it's a solid performer in ALMOST every aspect. Those looking for a more "fully dosed" performance blend, might be disappointed (and will be wired out of their minds) while others wanting "Super Focus" should look to the remaining DMAA or DMHA options. But for a strong caffeine based stimulant Preworkout, this one delivers clean and consistently. This truly shines if your more of an "endurance" type of gym rat. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
  March 27, 2017

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Burns Fat
  • Stimulant Free
  • Convenient Packaging
  • No Jitters
  • Improved Digestion
  • Slight Appetite Suppression
Torem pretty much exploded here at SR, and so far they're having quiet the impact. This very strangely named Fat-Burner has been getting some real good reviews. That in itself is a feat, considering it doesn't even have caffeine in its ingredient panel! Because most Fat-Burners rely on extreme Thermogenic properties to achieve their goals, I try to take them only during cooler months. I've found as I get older, diet makes a bigger impact on my bodyfat, as opposed to just exercise.

Recently, my wife has (finally!) been bitten by the fitness bug. So for me, that means I'm now on a diet! Well not so much as she is (keto) but I am eating low-carb, and just cleaner in general. Also, because she loves the gym so much I've ditched my "Bro-Split" for a 6-day "Arnold" style routine, but following the Body Spartan workouts. This means heavy lifting, lots of reps, and lots of super-sets.

PROFILE-8
Interesting, basic, yet very effective. I won't spend too much time on each ingredient as its been covered really well by Wis3Guy and company. The label starts off with InnoSlim at 250mg; this is touted as regulating glucose . Green tea extract, Garcina Cambogia, Advantra-Z, Capsimax and Actigin all at listed doses, round out the ingredients. Some good fat-burning and Nutrient-partitioning names here, Simple and fully disclosed.

The real game-changer here is the cool box this product comes packaged in! Inside that box, are 60 packets of 2 pills, for a total of 30 days' worth of product. I'm not gonna lie, I'm so conditioned to open a pill bottle or container and take my supplements, that a few times I forgot to take this! That convenient pouch sometimes gets forgotten in my pockets or lunch box.

EFFECTIVENESS-9.0!
I'll cut the crap and spare you all the reading; I dropped from 267lbs to 251!!! Sure, my diet had some influence on this drastic weight loss, but rest assured; I've tried to lose weight without supplements (just diet and cardio) and haven't reached this level of weight loss. So for a fat burner to perform so well, and to do it without stimulants, is an amazing feat! I took one packet, twice a day and (usually) with a meal. About 15-25 minutes after taking, I noticed a surge in "natural" energy, similar to taking a bunch of vitamin B-12. I also felt more endurance during my workouts, not so much on a caffeine/beta-alanine level but I could just do more for longer. Mild thermogenic feels throughout the day. But when working out, I would sweat a TON!!! My waist shrunk a bit (losing 16lbs tends to do that) and I felt a slight muscle hardening, but not too much. I also felt this product excels as a nutrient-partitioner, when after eating a meal I'd feel my muscles swell just a bit, and veins would inflate. This stuff works, plain and simple.

SIDE EFFECTS-8.1
No jitteriness, over-stim, or trembles at all. No blood pressure problems. The thermogenic effect was mild UNLESS you hit the gym. Expect to sweat like a pig if you do! There's not a whole lot else to complain about with this product save for some increased thirst.

VALUE-4.9
This is in the very high range, I'm talking like GNC Non-discount high! An online search gets me a box for right around $60 (not including shipping), which is pretty much DOUBLE what the average Fat-Burner costs for a 30 day supply. Now here's why i still gave it a decent rating for value (as opposed an even lower score); I would honestly pony up the cash for this! It works, but its expensive, and that would make it very hard for me to recommend it to someone.

OVERALL-8.8
Even at the price above, this is that one product that really caught me off guard. With the lack of caffeine, it allowed me to use a preworkout (or enjoy my morning coffee) without any worries. I just know it would stack great with a caffeinated powder supplement (Skald or Bloodshed Raw come to mind). Although it's priced for the Beverly Hills gym enthusiast, this product worked extremely well for me. If you can afford it, I say just pony up and go for it!

December 28, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Great Pump
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Little Pricey
  • Not Enough Servings
Here's another submission by the highly regarded Nutra-Bio; their preworkout named "PRE". Every product I've tried from them has been rock solid, so I expected no different from this. The company offers two different preworkout products; this one and also "Pre Extreme". I haven't read the ingrediants of the latter, so im guessing its got more in the stim department. Ok enough small talk, lets do it.

PROFILE-9

PROFILE-9
In true Nutra-Bio form, this bad boy is JAM PACKED with everything you'd expect from them, and at some nice dosages! I implore you to read the fully disclosed label because I don't feel like typing each blend or the whole thing here, but ill got into a few notable details. There's a real nice 6g of Citrulline Malate in there, a gram of Agmatine, and 2.5g of Beta Alanine. 3.5 grams of L-Leucine (nice inclusion Nutra-Bio!). In the energy department we got Caffeine (I know you're curious!) with Anhydrous and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate) combined for a total of 350mg. Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is in there at 1.2g, and TheaPure (HPLC) at 300mg. There's much more, read the label if you want. What I personally would like to see in it is DMHA, but I wouldn't expect a company like Nutra-Bio to be using controversial ingredients in its supplements.

I received the Tropical Fruit Punch flavor, and, well, I hope you like grapefruits because I felt that's what it tasted like! Sour, bitter, grapefruits. It wasn't a bad flavor by any means, but it wasn't what I was expecting after having so much experience with other Nutra-Bio products. There was a mild amount of dyes, nothing too bad. It mixed fairly easily but took a little time to dissolve, I'm guessing from the 3.5 grams of L-Leucine.

EFFECTIVENESS-6.4
Quality, and consistency; I expected nothing less from this company. The Beta-Alanine tingles were (surprisingly) not painful but always present. The energy took about 15-20 minutes to kick in, and it was a gradual rise in energy and not a "slap in the face". The caffeine blend does a good job of picking up where regular old caffeine would usually die off. Focus was ok, but not totally "zoned in". Now for the pump; in my experience, it was either painfully awesome, or somewhat lackluster. This was the only inconsistency I experienced. Muscle endurance was enhanced, a direct result of the Beta-Alanine. About the only thing I felt is missing is the inner "drive" I experience with some of the other high-end preworkouts. That inner voice that pushes you to do another set, to stop thinking about the next lift and just do work. I'm sure DMHA (or even DMAA) would help in this aspect, but don't hold your breath on that one.

VALUE-5.8
I found this online for around 35-37 dollars, but bear in mind this comes only in 20 servings, A bit more than I like paying. I'm starting to realize that's the norm with these "fully loaded" preworkouts. this was a quality product but its gonna cost you. A side not; I swear there was more than 20 servings in my can.

OVERALL-6.7
This was a solid performer as expected. This was a difficult Pre to rate, because its solid in all aspects but not truly impressive in any one department. It had a few negatives, but as I finished the tub I realized I enjoyed taking this! What this product doesn't do is blow you away with crazy energy like some other products. They do have another preworkout called "Pre Extreme" which is probably a more extreme Pre (if I was to take a wild guess!). But for overall quality performance (just be prepared to pay a quality price) and a complete ingredient profile, you could do worse. If you pick the Tropical Fruit Punch I hope you like grapefruits!

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
  December 13, 2016

• Decreased Soreness
    Here's a new Amino product from Nutrex Research. As a company, my only dealings with their product are a few years ago when I tried the "Hemo Rage ultra-concentrate", which I was not impressed with. But reading reviews on some of their other products; I've seen nothing but good feedback. So I figured I'd give this Amino/Energy hybrid supplement a run. Hey, I like aminos, and I like energy, so why not?!

PROFILE-7

PROFILE-7
    This had a Part "Prop-Blend" part "transparent blend" style of label, meaning some ingredient dosages were fully disclosed while others were grouped in a blend. The "Clinically Dosed BCAA 2:1:1" blend has Leucine at 3g, Isoleucine at 1.5g and Valine at 1.5g. Very nice! The "High Speed Energy & Amino" was the Prop-Blend I was referring to, and weighed in at 2g. This one had Taurine, Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (a chelated magnesium and glutamine molucle thingy), Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. And also we have some Theacrine (at an unknown dose) and 100mg of Caffeine Citrate. At least we know how much caffeine is being ingested. As a whole, it's a good blend but I would have liked to see some straight raw Glutamine included.

This product mixed about as good as you think it would (or as bad as you think it would) as most amino products don't mix very easily and take some time to "melt" into the water. The "Fruit Punch" flavor was more of an interesting citrus flavor, not bad at all. Very little dyes as it mixed into a whitish opaque color. I took this product a variety of ways; as an intra-workout, as a morning cup of coffee replacement, and as a mid-day "pick me up" as I hit my noon slump at work. The latter became my favorite choice. The caffeine was a slow-hitting kind of energy so I didn't take it as a Preworkout.

EFFECTIVENESS-8
    Aminos are can be hard to judge on effectiveness in the short-term, they tend to make their effect known after you stop taking them. This was no different! With continued use I noticed better recovery and less soreness between workout days. I didn't realize the impact it had until the tub ran out and I trained legs. Holy crap I was sore!!! As an Intra-Workout it worked fine, and the energy would build as you sipped on it. I'd sweat profusely, and my body heat would be elevated. Muscle endurance during workouts would be improved, just not on the level a dedicated intra like "Intra-Blast" or a similar product. A few times I tried this as an intra, but after taking a "mild" Preworkout. I did NOT have a good time (more on that below). My favorite way to drink this was as a coffee or energy drink replacement. I'd have a dose in the morning before leaving to work, and/or during the day as I felt it dragging on. Here's where I really like this! The caffeine has a subtle climb in energy, and it would get you through your shift. This along with the clinical amino dosages made it a far better choice for energy than say a huge monster drink! It's not a stim-bomb but it did give a nice boost in energy.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
    There's very little negative to say about this. Even the flavor didn't get old for me.

Now, The several times I tried this as an intra, after taking a mild Preworkout (150-200mg of caffeine); I started to feel uneasy and got cold shivers. A mild anxiety would set in. the last time I tried the above I ended up dumping it and drinking water. I won't gig this product for that reaction, as its kinda my fault I played with the caffeine dosages and thought I was a big boy! I do feel, however, this is something that users should be aware of so learn from my mistakes kiddos. Other than this, there was absolutely zero side effects from this product.

VALUE-6.8
    This ranges from between $33-37 for a 30 serving container. That's on the expensive side for me, but i swear there were more than the listed 30 servings in my tub. Its nicely dosed, and has the energy blend included, so its not without some bonuses.

OVERALL-8
    Like I said before, this is one amino product that, once I stopped taking it, I realized a new level of soreness that made me want to order some more! The energy effects are a real nice addition, just be wary when taking other caffeine sources. This makes a great mid-shift pickup drink! Knowing the above, now I really want to try Nutrex's other version, the Amino Charger Hydration