medinacirilo

• Member has been active for 4 years, and was last online today
  • Linked social media account

Reviews by medinacirilo

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
When Nutra-Bio creates a product, they don't create it half-assed or stuff it full of garbage fillers. That's something I've come to embrace with each and every product I've reviewed from them. This is no different. Big thanks to Nutra-Bio for being so generous to us Troopers, and (again) many apologies on my behalf for taking so damn long to finish this review!

PROFILE-9.5

PROFILE-9.5
Simplicity at its finest. There's 2.5 grams of L-Leucine, 1.25 grams of L-Isoleucine, and 1.25 grams of L-Valine. And some flavoring. That's it! Each can comes with 63 scoops (very odd), and it took me a while to finish this one.

Like all amino products, it mixed quiet horrifically! I found if I dropped the scoops into water, let it sit for a while, THEN shook it up it would eventually dissolve and mix up. Once it was mixed, it never "unmixed" or settled. I got the Fruit Punch flavor, and it was an interesting flavor. Not too sweet, not much Actual flavor, and had notes of watermelon and bland strawberries. Well, that was my take on it. My 16 year old niece claimed it tasted like an "old strawberry iced tea"! It wasn't a bad thing to drink; it just wasn't all that exciting to me.

EFFECTIVENESS-8
BCAA's are always on the difficult side to rate, as there's no "seat of the pants" instant results like a preworkout, or "crazy mad gainz" like some anabolic products. I usually dosed this in a shaker cup and sipped on it during my workouts. When the weather got warmer, I got a Half-Gallon jug and drop a couple of scoops in it for a workout. It sure beats plain old water! Workout endurance was enhanced while drinking this, although not quiet on the level of their "Intra-Blast". But that's another different animal. Lately, I've been following the Body Spartan workouts (think high reps & sets, AND supersets on top!) some rough workouts indeed! Muscle soreness and DOMS were reduced from downright crippling, to just some minor dull soreness! Sometimes when I felt like just drinking water at the gym, I'd scoop this into my preworkout, shake the CRAP out of it, and chug it down. Point is, just get those BCAA's into the body somehow.

SIDE EFFECTS-9.5
Other than the odd flavor (not really a side effect) there was nothing wrong I experienced while taking this.

VALUE-8.7
This ranges from between $25-28 dollars a container. For 63 scoops per container, that's not bad at all. And I dosed this double, and at time multiple times a day. And it STILL took me much longer to finish the tub then I expected! So in the total scheme of things, it's a real good deal compared to other amino products.

OVERALL-8.5
At the price per-scoop of this product, there really isn't a reason to NOT buy if you're in the market for some quality BCAA's. Even with my reservations towards the flavoring, I still recommend this product! It covers the bases, and does it on the cheap and simple. Shop around and try to find the same value and quality on other brands, and this product just makes sense. Except for the 63 servings though! Seriously Nutra-Bio; another scoop in there to make it an even number wouldn't kill anyone!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Product
  • Reduces Muscle Soreness
  • Right Ratio Of Aminos
  • No Dyes
  • Chalky Taste
  • Light Taste

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
When I tried Nutra Bio's other version "PRE" preworkout, it was quiet the impressive product if only missing a little in the stim department. So when this "PRE EXTREME" became available for review, I jumped at the chance to try it. Big thanks to Nutra-Bio for giving us the opportunity to review their (extensive) list of products, and (once again) HUGE apologies on my part for taking so long to complete this review!

I'll be honest, when I compare the label of this one to the milder "PRE" version, I was a little disappointed. To make the jump to "EXTREME" I would expect stuff like DMAA or DMHA or AMP Citrate, well, you get the idea! There's none of that stuff added and no changes to the caffeine blend. Huh? The label looks identical to the other version, with just a few more ingredients added (none of which impressed me, on paper). So does it still deserve to be called "extreme"? Read on and find out.

PROFILE-9.3
The label is pretty much identical to the original "PRE" preworkout, which is JAM PACKED with everything you'd expect from Nutra Bio! I covered it in my review of "PRE", but I'll touch on a few notable details. There's a real nice 6g of L-Citrulline in there, a gram of Agmatine, and 2.5g of Beta Alanine. 3.5 grams of L-Leucine (nice inclusion Nutra-Bio!). There's Pharma-pure Creatine at 2g, Betaine at 2.5g. In the energy department we got Caffeine (I know you're curious!) with Anhydrous and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate) combined for a total of 350mg. Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is in there at 1.2g, and TheaPure (HPLC) at 300mg.

Now, the changes from the other version are; Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (as ClusterDextrin) is added at 15 grams. This is Great stuff for Glycogen loading, aiding with muscle endurance and fatigue. Yohimbe HCL is added at 4 grams, and some people are on the fence about this stuff, but it does work (for me) pretty well with caffeine. Also new to the party is some Hordenine HCL at 50mg, and N-Methyl Tyramine (which converts to Synaphrine, this ones dosed at 50mg). Both of these are some good neuro-focus and energy additions, as well as improve fat burning properties. Like I said above; not the changes or additions I was expecting, but I was pleasantly surprised by the results.

I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor, and, I'm beginning to think maybe I just don't really like Nutra Bio's whole flavor lineup. It wasn't bad by any means, just wasn't something I enjoyed drinking. There just didn't seem to be as much "flavor" as I'd like. And I'm probably the only person on this website who feels this way! Anyhow, that's just my opinion on the matter. There was a mild amount of dyes, nothing too bad. It did NOT mix as well as the PRE version, but the 3.5 grams of L-Leucine AND the now added ClusterDextrin are some tough ingredients to dissolve!

EFFECTIVENESS-8.5!
OK OK Nutra Bio; I was wrong to second guess your changes to the formula!!!. It is a substantial improvement over the other version. This stuff was a solid performer, and it performed consistently every time. The Beta-Alanine tingles were not painful but always present. The energy took about 10 minutes to kick in, and would continue to rise throughout the workout. The caffeine blend works synergistically with the Yohimbe, and keeps you pushing that weight. It's still not "stimmed out of my brain" energy, but it is more than enough to get you motivated and doing some work. The pump was a solid, great feeling, that wasn't too painful but very noticeable. The biggest difference I felt compared to the other version was a HUGE improvement in muscular endurance! I felt like my muscles could work all day, and total-body "mental" fatigue would set in before my worked muscle group would. I still would like DMHA (or even DMAA) added to this, but I don't think that'll ever happen. And the reality is this stuff didn't need it. Kudos to Nutra Bio for improving on an already solid formula, and doing it without resorting to questionable ingredients!

SIDE EFFECTS-8
Considering the big doses of ingredients, I didn't experience many side effects from this. No stomach discomfort, no tolerance build up, nothing. Just shake the hell out of it before drinking, or you'll get some nasty clumps to choke down! In true form, they've manage to pack this full of quality ingredients yet cause ZERO stomach problems for me.

VALUE-5.8
Online search shows this going for 42-43$, this is for only 20 servings. Well, i found one fault in this product. But I enjoyed this so much that I'm planning on ordering another tub soon! With Nutra Bio, you pay for the quality of the product, and quality it is

OVERALL-8.5
This baby covered pretty much all the bases in a well-rounded preworkout. The energy, the pump, the endurance is all there. It's still not a Stim-Crazy formula, but it makes up for that (if that's what you want) with endurance. And honestly, I personally am finding that I don't need "crazy intense" energy to have a quality workout. This is a quality product that I could find no faults in
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Formula
  • Mood Enhancer
  • Appropriate Amounts Of Ingredients
  • Great Label
  • Easy To Scoop Container
  • Great Endurance
  • No Proprietary Blends
  • Needs More Servings
  • Can Be Expensive
  • Sustained Not Bursting Energy

Thanks to Catalyst by Strength.com for sending it out!
Catalyst Grass-Fed Whey is Strength.com's entry into the protein field. First of all, i want to send HUGE apologies to Strength.com AND to the Trooper program, for taking so long to post this! My schedule changed at work, now I'm working swing shift and have little time for anything else!

Anyways; protein powders are those things we don't really need, but damn if I'm always buying and consuming it! This being the case, a good protein has to be good tasting, mixing, and not cause any stomach issues if its something you'll be drinking everyday. This being labeled as "grass fed", i wonder if it would make that much of a difference (good or bad) in any of the aforementioned qualities. So, did Catalyst whey step up to the plate? Read on my Friends.

PROFILE-8
This is about as simple, basic, and effective a profile you'd want in a protein. There's 24mg of protein per serving, along with calcium (120mg), and sodium (85mg). For flavoring there's Stevia, Dextrose. No extra items, no fillers. For calorie and carb-counters; 110 calories, and 3g of carbs per serving. Very nice!

I (because I asked for) received "Natural Vanilla" flavor and, well, it's pretty natural tasting, I'm guessing. It was more a powdered skim milk consistency and taste! It mixed fairly decent, but took a blender bottle or shaker cup and some elbow grease to get it mixed. This wasn't a bad tasting product (nor was it a great tasting product), it just didn't have much vanilla flavor to offset the natural protein taste.

EFFECTIVENESS-7
Protein Powders are a bit on the difficult side to rate for "effectiveness". I mean, a protein can taste delicious yet do absolutely nothing good for your body (but fill it with sugars fillers and flavoring). Or, it can taste horrific yet provide plenty of clean, wholesome protein. So, this is more in the eye of the consumer and what's important to him/her. This did what it supposed to; provide plenty of clean protein to your body, much more conveniently than say, having to cook a steak or chicken breast after each workout. It did "quench the thirst" after a hard workout. In true, "clean profile" fashion, i'd be nice and satisfied after taking. THEN an hour after taking I'd be absolutely starving again! Soreness and recovery were improved. Bottom line is it did the job as a quality protein supplement.

SIDE EFFECTS-5.5
Flatulence! Yup, about 20-30 minutes after consuming I would just let 'er rip! This happened throughout the entire bag. Sometimes, I would get a little stomach discomfort. It was definitely caused by the gas in my stomach. Reading some of the other reviews, I appear to be the only one who experienced this. Maybe I had a reaction to this product.

VALUE-6
This runs between 36-44$ for a 2lb bag. Each bag contains 30 scoops of protein. In the big picture of the protein market, this is a little on the pricey side. For my personal experience, its more than I would be willing to spend for the reactions and experience I had.

OVERALL-5
This wasn't a bad protein powder by any means, but the price point and poor flavor/mixability are factors I do take into consideration. Reading the other reviews, I think I'm the only person who experienced mild stomach discomfort. But that alone wasn't any reason for me to stop taking this. But, that's just another factor I have to take into consideration when reviewing this. It was solid as a protein supplement, but these negative experiences keep me from recommending this to the average consumer over any other options.
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Fat And Carb Profile
  • Mostly Isolate
  • Naturally Sweetened
  • Bitter Aftertaste
  • Only Available In 2 Lbs
  • Slightly Expensive

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
This VMI Preworkout has been getting very good reviews here at SR, so I was curious to see what the hype was all about. As a company, VMI has been dropping some impressive products upon us consumers. Like It or not, Preworkout supplements are creeping into that "staple" category (if they haven't already!) as something most consumers buy along with protein and creatine! Naysayers will cry "you don't need a Preworkout for a good gym session!!" Well, they probably don't wake up at 4am to get ready for work, and have an hour commute each way, either!

Like I said in my last review, my wife has...

Like I said in my last review, my wife has been bitten by the fitness bug. She's on a diet, so that means I'm on a diet! Well not so much as she is (keto) but I am following her in carb-cycling and just eating cleaner in general. Also, because she (now) loves the gym so much I've ditched my "Bro-Split" for a 6-day routine, and following the Body Spartan workouts. This means heavy lifting, lots of reps, and lots of super-sets. NOT an easy thing if your carbs and calories are low! Anyways, a strong Preworkout is a good tool to have under these conditions. Was K-XR able step up to the plate? Read and find out.

PROFILE-7.5
This has been covered pretty extensively so i wont beat it apart. A Solid energy profile, BUT, it's split into several blends. The Max Energy Blend comes with a Triple stage caffeine stack, designed to release in stages. Also, Norcoclaurine (touted to improve broncodialation), and Rawolfia Vomitoria. the Focal Blend has Choline Bitartrate, and Huperzia Serrata extract. Both are written to improve cognitive function. That 400mg of caffeine listed on the front label might seem scary at first, but keep in mind it doesn't all hit at once. This is an innovative feature in the "post DMAA" era (if that's even a thing yet) to keep that caffeine energy from faltering too early in your workout. What I found lacking in the label was the usual pump-profile ingredients. The Intense Pump Blend (listed at 3300mg) contains CarnoSyn, L-Taurine, and Theobromine. Not what I'd expect in a pump blend; most of the usual suspects like Citrulline and Arginine are missing. Hmmm, maybe there's a method to this madness?

I received the "Miami Vice" flavor and, well, it does live up to its name! A nice tropical drink flavor that reminded me of a poolside cabana or beach drink. It did have a tart chemical aftertaste but not too bad. I enjoyed drinking it and never got tired of the taste. It mixed up pretty well, but had a decent amount of opaque orange color to it.

EFFECTIVENESS-7.5
This is one product that's you feel from the first sip! The lips and mouth get those Beta-Alanine tingles, and you'll feel the caffeine kick in within minutes. This baby had some clean constant energy that lasted! It was strong, and would last for several hours. The staged release caffeine seemed timed perfectly as I never felt it drop off and pick up, just a gradual decline. Endurance during some longer gym sessions was remarkable, and breathing was absolutely NOT affected by the high dose of caffeine. In fact, breathing was slightly improved. Focus was somewhat noticeable, just not on a super "tuned in" level like some of the other Preworkouts available. Now, the pump was lacking with this, and pretty much non-existent in my opinion. That and muscle strength/endurance wasn't improved at all. This was disappointing for such a product that does so well in all the other areas. Other than this negative point, this Preworkout was a solid performer. My normal dose was right under a level scoop. Now, a few times I tried to "Bro Scoop" this and paid the price! I felt cold shivers and sweats, a slight nausea, mild headaches, and I would crash very hard! Stay within your comfort zone on this one and you'll have a good experience.

SIDE EFFECTS- 8.5
Other than my "caffeine overdose" experiences I felt pretty much no ill effects taking this. No tightness of the lungs, no adverse reactions. Stick to the proper dosage and you'll be fine. Overdo it and you'll regret it!

VALUE-8
About mid-30$ for 30 servings, I see this as a fair value for such a solid stim-based Preworkout. Although the can says 30 scoops, I'm pretty sure I got quite a few more servings out of it. Although its lacking in a few areas i still feel its worth its price

OVERALL-7.6
This was all about the stims, and it showed. With the lack of focus-feels, its not the "melt your face off" strongest Preworkout you'll ever try. But it's a solid performer in ALMOST every aspect. Those looking for a more "fully dosed" performance blend, might be disappointed (and will be wired out of their minds) while others wanting "Super Focus" should look to the remaining DMAA or DMHA options. But for a strong caffeine based stimulant Preworkout, this one delivers clean and consistently. This truly shines if your more of an "endurance" type of gym rat. Try it out, you won't be disappointed.
  • Skin Tingles
  • Chills
  • No Pump
  • Dyes
  • Heavily Flavored

Thanks to TOREM for sending it out!
Torem pretty much exploded here at SR, and so far they're having quiet the impact. This very strangely named Fat-Burner has been getting some real good reviews. That in itself is a feat, considering it doesn't even have caffeine in its ingredient panel! Because most Fat-Burners rely on extreme Thermogenic properties to achieve their goals, I try to take them only during cooler months. I've found as I get older, diet makes a bigger impact on my bodyfat, as opposed to just exercise.

Recently, my wife has (finally!) been bitten by the fitness bug. So for me, that means I'm now on a diet! Well not so much as she is (keto) but I am eating low-carb, and just cleaner in general. Also, because she loves the gym so much I've ditched my "Bro-Split" for a 6-day "Arnold" style routine, but following the Body Spartan workouts. This means heavy lifting, lots of reps, and lots of super-sets.

PROFILE-8
Interesting, basic, yet very effective. I won't spend too much time on each ingredient as its been covered really well by Wis3Guy and company. The label starts off with InnoSlim at 250mg; this is touted as regulating glucose . Green tea extract, Garcina Cambogia, Advantra-Z, Capsimax and Actigin all at listed doses, round out the ingredients. Some good fat-burning and Nutrient-partitioning names here, Simple and fully disclosed.

The real game-changer here is the cool box this product comes packaged in! Inside that box, are 60 packets of 2 pills, for a total of 30 days' worth of product. I'm not gonna lie, I'm so conditioned to open a pill bottle or container and take my supplements, that a few times I forgot to take this! That convenient pouch sometimes gets forgotten in my pockets or lunch box.

EFFECTIVENESS-9.0!
I'll cut the crap and spare you all the reading; I dropped from 267lbs to 251!!! Sure, my diet had some influence on this drastic weight loss, but rest assured; I've tried to lose weight without supplements (just diet and cardio) and haven't reached this level of weight loss. So for a fat burner to perform so well, and to do it without stimulants, is an amazing feat! I took one packet, twice a day and (usually) with a meal. About 15-25 minutes after taking, I noticed a surge in "natural" energy, similar to taking a bunch of vitamin B-12. I also felt more endurance during my workouts, not so much on a caffeine/beta-alanine level but I could just do more for longer. Mild thermogenic feels throughout the day. But when working out, I would sweat a TON!!! My waist shrunk a bit (losing 16lbs tends to do that) and I felt a slight muscle hardening, but not too much. I also felt this product excels as a nutrient-partitioner, when after eating a meal I'd feel my muscles swell just a bit, and veins would inflate. This stuff works, plain and simple.

SIDE EFFECTS-8.1
No jitteriness, over-stim, or trembles at all. No blood pressure problems. The thermogenic effect was mild UNLESS you hit the gym. Expect to sweat like a pig if you do! There's not a whole lot else to complain about with this product save for some increased thirst.

VALUE-4.9
This is in the very high range, I'm talking like GNC Non-discount high! An online search gets me a box for right around $60 (not including shipping), which is pretty much DOUBLE what the average Fat-Burner costs for a 30 day supply. Now here's why i still gave it a decent rating for value (as opposed an even lower score); I would honestly pony up the cash for this! It works, but its expensive, and that would make it very hard for me to recommend it to someone.

OVERALL-8.8
Even at the price above, this is that one product that really caught me off guard. With the lack of caffeine, it allowed me to use a preworkout (or enjoy my morning coffee) without any worries. I just know it would stack great with a caffeinated powder supplement (Skald or Bloodshed Raw come to mind). Although it's priced for the Beverly Hills gym enthusiast, this product worked extremely well for me. If you can afford it, I say just pony up and go for it!
  • Burns Fat
  • Stimulant Free
  • No Jitters
  • Improved Digestion
  • Convenient Packaging
  • Slight Appetite Suppression

Thanks to NutraBio for sending it out!
Here's another submission by the highly regarded Nutra-Bio; their preworkout named "PRE". Every product I've tried from them has been rock solid, so I expected no different from this. The company offers two different preworkout products; this one and also "Pre Extreme". I haven't read the ingrediants of the latter, so im guessing its got more in the stim department. Ok enough small talk, lets do it.

PROFILE-9
In true Nutra-Bio form, this bad boy is JAM PACKED with everything you'd expect from them, and at some nice dosages! I implore you to read the fully disclosed label because I don't feel like typing each blend or the whole thing here, but ill got into a few notable details. There's a real nice 6g of Citrulline Malate in there, a gram of Agmatine, and 2.5g of Beta Alanine. 3.5 grams of L-Leucine (nice inclusion Nutra-Bio!). In the energy department we got Caffeine (I know you're curious!) with Anhydrous and Infinergy (di-caffeine malate) combined for a total of 350mg. Acetyl-L-Tyrosine is in there at 1.2g, and TheaPure (HPLC) at 300mg. There's much more, read the label if you want. What I personally would like to see in it is DMHA, but I wouldn't expect a company like Nutra-Bio to be using controversial ingredients in its supplements.

I received the Tropical Fruit Punch flavor, and, well, I hope you like grapefruits because I felt that's what it tasted like! Sour, bitter, grapefruits. It wasn't a bad flavor by any means, but it wasn't what I was expecting after having so much experience with other Nutra-Bio products. There was a mild amount of dyes, nothing too bad. It mixed fairly easily but took a little time to dissolve, I'm guessing from the 3.5 grams of L-Leucine.

EFFECTIVENESS-6.4
Quality, and consistency; I expected nothing less from this company. The Beta-Alanine tingles were (surprisingly) not painful but always present. The energy took about 15-20 minutes to kick in, and it was a gradual rise in energy and not a "slap in the face". The caffeine blend does a good job of picking up where regular old caffeine would usually die off. Focus was ok, but not totally "zoned in". Now for the pump; in my experience, it was either painfully awesome, or somewhat lackluster. This was the only inconsistency I experienced. Muscle endurance was enhanced, a direct result of the Beta-Alanine. About the only thing I felt is missing is the inner "drive" I experience with some of the other high-end preworkouts. That inner voice that pushes you to do another set, to stop thinking about the next lift and just do work. I'm sure DMHA (or even DMAA) would help in this aspect, but don't hold your breath on that one.

SIDE EFFECTS-8

VALUE-5.8
I found this online for around 35-37 dollars, but bear in mind this comes only in 20 servings, A bit more than I like paying. I'm starting to realize that's the norm with these "fully loaded" preworkouts. this was a quality product but its gonna cost you. A side not; I swear there was more than 20 servings in my can.

OVERALL-6.7
This was a solid performer as expected. This was a difficult Pre to rate, because its solid in all aspects but not truly impressive in any one department. It had a few negatives, but as I finished the tub I realized I enjoyed taking this! What this product doesn't do is blow you away with crazy energy like some other products. They do have another preworkout called "Pre Extreme" which is probably a more extreme Pre (if I was to take a wild guess!). But for overall quality performance (just be prepared to pay a quality price) and a complete ingredient profile, you could do worse. If you pick the Tropical Fruit Punch I hope you like grapefruits!
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • No Prop Blends
  • Reduced Fatigue
  • Great Pump
  • Comprehensive Profile
  • Not Enough Servings
  • Little Pricey

Thanks to Nutrex for sending it out!
Here's a new Amino product from Nutrex Research. As a company, my only dealings with their product are a few years ago when I tried the "Hemo Rage ultra-concentrate", which I was not impressed with. But reading reviews on some of their other products; I've seen nothing but good feedback. So I figured I'd give this Amino/Energy hybrid supplement a run. Hey, I like aminos, and I like energy, so why not?!

PROFILE-7

PROFILE-7
This had a Part "Prop-Blend" part "transparent blend" style of label, meaning some ingredient dosages were fully disclosed while others were grouped in a blend. The "Clinically Dosed BCAA 2:1:1" blend has Leucine at 3g, Isoleucine at 1.5g and Valine at 1.5g. Very nice! The "High Speed Energy & Amino" was the Prop-Blend I was referring to, and weighed in at 2g. This one had Taurine, Magnesium Glycinate Glutamine Chelate (a chelated magnesium and glutamine molucle thingy), Acetyl-L-Tyrosine. And also we have some Theacrine (at an unknown dose) and 100mg of Caffeine Citrate. At least we know how much caffeine is being ingested. As a whole, it's a good blend but I would have liked to see some straight raw Glutamine included.

This product mixed about as good as you think it would (or as bad as you think it would) as most amino products don't mix very easily and take some time to "melt" into the water. The "Fruit Punch" flavor was more of an interesting citrus flavor, not bad at all. Very little dyes as it mixed into a whitish opaque color. I took this product a variety of ways; as an intra-workout, as a morning cup of coffee replacement, and as a mid-day "pick me up" as I hit my noon slump at work. The latter became my favorite choice. The caffeine was a slow-hitting kind of energy so I didn't take it as a Preworkout.

EFFECTIVENESS-8
Aminos are can be hard to judge on effectiveness in the short-term, they tend to make their effect known after you stop taking them. This was no different! With continued use I noticed better recovery and less soreness between workout days. I didn't realize the impact it had until the tub ran out and I trained legs. Holy crap I was sore!!! As an Intra-Workout it worked fine, and the energy would build as you sipped on it. I'd sweat profusely, and my body heat would be elevated. Muscle endurance during workouts would be improved, just not on the level a dedicated intra like "Intra-Blast" or a similar product. A few times I tried this as an intra, but after taking a "mild" Preworkout. I did NOT have a good time (more on that below). My favorite way to drink this was as a coffee or energy drink replacement. I'd have a dose in the morning before leaving to work, and/or during the day as I felt it dragging on. Here's where I really like this! The caffeine has a subtle climb in energy, and it would get you through your shift. This along with the clinical amino dosages made it a far better choice for energy than say a huge monster drink! It's not a stim-bomb but it did give a nice boost in energy.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
There's very little negative to say about this. Even the flavor didn't get old for me.

Now, The several times I tried this as an intra, after taking a mild Preworkout (150-200mg of caffeine); I started to feel uneasy and got cold shivers. A mild anxiety would set in. the last time I tried the above I ended up dumping it and drinking water. I won't gig this product for that reaction, as its kinda my fault I played with the caffeine dosages and thought I was a big boy! I do feel, however, this is something that users should be aware of so learn from my mistakes kiddos. Other than this, there was absolutely zero side effects from this product.

VALUE-6.8
This ranges from between $33-37 for a 30 serving container. That's on the expensive side for me, but i swear there were more than the listed 30 servings in my tub. Its nicely dosed, and has the energy blend included, so its not without some bonuses.

OVERALL-8
Like I said before, this is one amino product that, once I stopped taking it, I realized a new level of soreness that made me want to order some more! The energy effects are a real nice addition, just be wary when taking other caffeine sources. This makes a great mid-shift pickup drink! Knowing the above, now I really want to try Nutrex's other version, the Amino Charger Hydration
  • Decreased Soreness

Thanks to VMI Sports Nutrition for sending it out!
    I've never taken an over the counter "PCT" supplements before; I've usually just used a SERM and a basic test booster. So I was curious to try one of these. Forewarning; I wasn't on any hormonal Cycle before taking this, nor did I do any bloodwork before and/or after, so this is more of a "seat of the pants" feel review. But I am creeping towards 40, I've done some cycling in the past couple of years, and I wanted to gauge its test-boosting and bodyfat leaning effects. Also, I've never (to my knowledge) taken Arimistane, so I figured I'd give it a shot. A huge thank you to VMI Sports for making this available to us, and an even BIGGER apology on my behalf for taking sooooo looooong to post this review! Work and youth football have all but consumed my life that it's even cut into my gym time! Ok, enough about me, let's get into this.

PROFILE-8
    NO BLENDS! I know, its not a total deal breaker but the label is completely broken down by ingredient. Look up the label if you want forensic details on this. The main test-boost standout is Tribulus Alatus at 200mg (optimal dosage is between 300-500mg). Saw Palmetto and Stinging Nettle root are in there for prostate health and "DHT Inhibition". The main selling point for me was the Arimistane (dosed at 50mg, right in the middle of recommended dosage) as I haven't used it before and was curious as to its effects. some items could be bumped up, but there didnt seem to be anything "pixie dusted" in the label.

Dosing is very simple, 2 capsules only once a day preferable, before your first meal. The pills are small and easy to swallow, so this isn't much of a chore.

EFFECTIVENESS-7.5
    Like most test boosters, this takes about a week to kick in. My strength and stamina in the gym improved pretty good, just not quiet on the level as a hormonal product. Towards the third week I noticed some leaning effects around my upper stomach, shoulder area, and arms. This had an effect similar to the original Compound-20, only this worked much faster. Now, it IS marketed as a "Post Cycle Therapy" product so it would have to produce some significant Test-Boosting capabilities. What I did experience is erections on a level I haven't had since puberty! Even more so then the last supplement I tried! I'm talking wood when you probably don't want it! The only problem I had with this is it didn't actually boost my libido and desire; no "warm fuzzy" horny feelings to go with the equipment! My attitude did get a little edgy and short, but not as bad as some other test-boosters. Workouts took on an "alpha-male" sort of event, however that may have to do with me joining a new gym and feeling out the "gym-hierarchy". I feel this would be a great ADDITION to any PCT regiment.

SIDE EFFECTS-9
    I got ZERO acne with this. Really! I wouldn't say the attitude is a bad side effect but it is something you may wanna keep in mind. That's what happens when you boost your testosterone. I didn't experience the dry joints I thought i would. The pills themselves gave me no problems to ingest. No other side effects to report.

VALUE-6.5
    A google search claims this is available at Walmart for 37.99. Must be the Venice Beach Walmart, because I aint never seen this at my local store! online this runs between 35-39$, a little high but that's pretty much how things go when you venture to the dark side; the ancillaries end up costing more then the actual hormonal! This a little on the pricey side, but it does deliver.

OVERALL-7.3
    Would I use this as a standalone PCT? Nope. But I would have no qualms with using this Post-Cycle alongside a SERM. Or maybe even after a mild Andro run, or a SARM (if those are even still a thing). I feel this would get me back into the game nice and smooth. This is a product I would recommend to a buddy who is gonna take the plunge.
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Reduces Estrogen
    • Shoulder Definition
    • Increased Strength
    • Muscle Hardness
    • No Libido Increase
    • Some Anger

Thanks to Advanced Molecular Labs for sending it out!
    Here's the highly-regarded (yet basic-named) preworkout from AML called; Preworkout! A buddy of mine was taking this a few months ago and swore by it, so it had been on my watch list for quite some time now. Huge thanks to AML for making this happen for us Troopers, and for concocting a solid no-frills product. And huge apologies on my part for taking so long to get this done!

PROFILE-8.6

PROFILE-8.6
    Up until this past year, I was never really into the whole "kitchen sink" style of preworkout. Well, as I get older I'm learning that being tweeked out of my brain just isn't as fun as it used to be, at least in the gym it's not. This label is pretty packed with the stuff that we all like to see in a preworkout, at some LEGIT proper doses. I won't break the label down completely, as its been done already, but there are some notable points ill make. First is the caffeine at 400mg. while this may seem awesome to most (and it is) it's the only source of caffeine or energy in the label. This is bundled in the "Adrenaline & Dopamine Activator" blend, along with N-Acetyl Tyrosine, Mucuna Pruriens, and Bioperine. Maybe it's just me, but I really would have liked to see an extended released caffeine in it (in place of some of that regular caffeine), and some sort of Nootropic focus agent. More on that later.
    The "Nitric Oxide Activators" blend is a real whopper, starting with an impressive 8 grams of Citrulline Malate! There's also some Beet Root Extract, grape skin extract, and Watermelon Fruit extract???? Hmm that last one is new for me. a quick google only finds its used for cosmetics, and helps with healthy skin. And its powdered extract is useful for removing parasites and tapeworms! guess it doesn't hurt to have. I do expect some really strong pumps from this blend.
    To round it out there's the usual Creatine and Beta-Alanine (at a VERY respectable 2 grams!), along with some other goodies under the Power Strength and Endurance blend. No shockers there. Quiet the impressive list on the label.

I received the Mixed Berry flavor, and it was about as normal tasting as I'd expect considering the dosages on the label. tasted like most "blue raspberry" supplement powders we've taken. Maybe just a tad too sweet, but I do tend to mix my preworkout in a small (8-10 oz) of water. I never "not" wanted to drink it. There were some dyes but nothing too ridiculous; there probably wasn't any room in the blend for them! Some minor settling, but it did mix pretty good.

EFFECTIVENESS-7
    This one took a while to kick in, but it was consistent in that aspect. It would creep into my brain right around 30 minutes after taking. Surprisingly, the tingles weren't strong at all but they were always there. Now, the energy hit felt more like a "sugar rush" to me, which makes sense taking 400mg of caffeine! I'm not really sure how else to describe it. The caffeine high would come on really strong, but would give me a weird unfocused energy for about 20 minutes. I'd walk around the gym almost lost, trying to decide where to start! Once I'd settle into a groove, the workouts would be great. The caffeine high would level off at around the 45-50 minute mark, and this is where the addition of a Nootropic, or extended release caffeine, or even DMAA would really help (don't hold your breath on that last one). Instead I would find myself sitting on a bench, thinking about my next set instead of just doing it. This is where this product really lost ground for me, but it was a consistent affair; 45 minutes of extreme lifting followed by moping around the gym, going through the motions. Lately, I only get to the gym 3-4 days a week so I spend 2 hours each time, and a longer lasting energy was an effect I desire.

Now, that thats been embellished, lets talk about the pump and muscle endurance aspect; HOLY CRAP this stuff rocks!!! On back and Bicep day i wouldn't even be able to brush my teeth after! Leg day became "Frankenstein walk" day after! this is one impressive pump preworkout. My muscles would be able to push beyond, its just too bad the energy would fall off while the rest of my body could keep going.

SIDE EFFECTS-7.4
    Considering the mega-doses, I didn't experience many side effects from this. No stomach discomfort, no tolerance build up, nothing. What I did get was an initial "scatter-brain" feeling from the caffeine rush, that made it hard for me (especially walking into a crowded gym) to get started on my workout. But that's kinda expected when we creep towards the upper echelon of our caffeine intake. Come to think of it, my chest and breathing did NOT suffer even at those dosages. The high dose of caffeine, and lack of any focus, made me feel "lost" in the beginning of my workouts (that sugar-rush feeling i talked about earlier).

VALUE-5.6
    This runs from the mid 30's to the 45 dollar range, but keep in mind its only 20 servings. This is on the high side of what I'd pay for a preworkout, but it is packed with everything you'd want.

OVERALL-6.5
    This is a full-packed supplement that delivers on MOST fronts. And for 45 minutes it pretty much rocked (for me), but the price point, lack of any focus, and short-lived energy are some negatives that would come to mind. I know I'm in the minority, but with so many other solid options id be hard pressed to recommend this to a friend as a "must buy"
     Pros:
     Cons:
    • Great Pumps
    • Complete List Of Ingredients
    • Clinically Dosed Ingredients
    • Lack Of Focus
    • Not Enough Servings

Thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for sending it out!
    So, this is one Preworkout that REALLY caught my eye, back when Stack3d began posting about it way back when. The name, the can, and the profile all got my attention, and after taking the speed-demon in GameDay I was curious how a full-profile pre would stack up, so JUMPED at the chance to try this! Huge thanks to Inspired Nutraceuticals for making this available to us Troopers, and my apologies for taking so long to post this! Ok enough small talk, lets get into this.

PROFILE-9
    Fully Loaded to the gills! This is what drew me into trying this product. I wont completely break the label down, as its fully disclosed, but a few things caught my eye; the first "V-Fuel"blend has some good minerals and B-Vitamins, but the potassium at 42-84mg (at either one or 2 scoops) was nice. the "Truth" matrix has the usual non-stim preworkout items like Citrulline, Betaine, Beta-Alanine, Taurine, and a nice inclusion of raw coconut water. but the thing here is the doses; Citrulline is at 4000/8000mg (one or 2 scoops!). Very nice. the "MaxVo2" blend has Theobromine; which has a TON of effects (yeah i did the google) like enhanced bronchial effects, neurological enhancement, and stimalnt effect when taken with caffiene. it does have some side effects from too much such as restlessness, loss of appetite, and insomnia. Also int his blend is Higenamine Hydrochloride, and cocoa extract. OK, last blend is an unassumingly named "thermofocus blast" but after i deciphered the big chemical names i fount it has 3 different caffeine, 2-aminoisoheptane (which came up as that new fangled DMHA!) and an N-Phenylethyl Dimethylamine Citrate (which came up as Eria Jarensis extract, touted as the "New DMAA"!) Ok woah, some legit things going on! read the label if you want the doses, but those big long compounds dont have theirs listed. Pretty much a kitchen sink approach, at some surprises in the mix.

I received the "Rocket Pop" and it did taste like the old ice cream truck staple. Well, sorta. It was a watered down version, and had a chemical finish. Nothing too bad to choke down, but it did get old for me. No dyes, it mixes halfway decent but there is always some graininess and settling if it's left sitting. It would leave some sandy looking particles in the cup.

EFFECTIVENESS-8.85!
    The first time I took this, I thought I was a big boy and went for the full 2 scoops. Yeah, I wasn't ready! This product takes about 30 minutes to really kick in, so I thought it was weak at first. But when anxiety, shakiness, and an uncomfortable amount of energy set in I realized I probably should've followed the label instructions! I'm a stim-junkie, so I didn't expect any of these caffeine-overdose effects. At one scoop, it was actually a tad underperforming for me. I played around with the dosage until I settled on 1.5 scoops as my "sweet spot" (albeit, a very strong one!) The beta-alanine tingles were very strong. The energy didn't hit all at once but was a steady build, sometimes to the point where you think to yourself "Jeez, I probably shouldn't have taken as much as I did!" I did get tunnel vision somewhat, but not on the level Gameday did. It was more of a brute-energy that would not let up, and you would just lift weight with NO thought process. At the right dosage my focus would be nice and zeroed in. but if I took a little too much (or a lot) I had trouble focusing, and my mind would be racing and all over the place. Another very impressive aspect was the muscle pump. I'm talking full, tight, painful pumps that lasted the rest of your day. For a PreWorkout to cover ALL these bases and excel at each of them, is a feat in itself. This is a strong product, so test your own tolerance (yes experienced user, you too!) and proceed with caution, as there seems to be little margin for error on this one!

SIDE EFFECTS- 6 or 8, depending on dosage.
    The side effects ARE dosage dependent, so keep that in mind. When I went over my 1.5 scoops I would get some anxiety, shakiness, and just felt "not right". Some slight nausea. Also, a big crash after a few hours. Now, at the right dose, I would have some profuse cold sweating, but that's about it. The crash wasn't nearly as bad. This didn't curb my appetite like Gameday did. Shockingly, I didn't suffer from Stim-D like I've had with some other strong preworkouts. Considering the energy blends involved, this is a little puzzling to me. So overall, the sides aren't bad at all IF you respect this.

VALUE-5.6
    At right under $50, and hard to find (at least i thought so) Pretty expensive compared to the rest of the market (and what I'm used to paying for a Preworkout). I didn't seem to build a tolerance to this one. One thing I did notice is the can seemed to last WAY longer than it should have (at 1.5 scoops). Honestly though, even at that price I would PROBABLY, MAYBE buy it and take again. I think the price is a huge knock on a solid product.

*LAST MINUTE UPDATE; Ok, so as i was just finishing this up i did another search, and does anybody know if its already been pulled from the shelves?!?! I can only find it on Ebay.

OVERALL-8.3
    This was quiet the impressive product, it covered pretty much every aspect we all want in a pre, and it was consistent from start to finish. Like I said before, it's VERY dosage dependent. This one is much more expensive then I'm used to paying for a supplement, but it performs in a big way. I'm still a big fan of Gameday, but I'd call that one a "precision pre" while this one is more like hunting squirrel with a .50cal! Between those two, and the new "Yeah Buddy" getting rave reviews, it's good to see some competitiveness and so many solid options in the post-DMAA Preworkout market.
    • Great Pump