maquilab

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+20)
  • Member was only active for 3 weeks, and was last online 2 months ago
  • Member has only posted 1 review
  • Low community participation
  • Social media account not linked

Reviews by maquilab

----Introduction---
My name is Elena and I am a Bulgarian beauty blogger who's willing to take the first step towards a healthier life. I am working from home so I need to be a bit more conscious about what I'm doing to my body in the long run. This is my introduction to the world of supplements in a way - I've taken a few for different reasons so far, but never on a regular basis.

----Introduction---

I found out about SR via a recommendation by a friend where to find honest and in-depth reviews. I wanted to share that I found a great probiotic supplement which works for my needs (to cut down on sweets, have a regular digestion and reduce bloating) - so this first review is dedicated to the product which has produced the greatest effect in the shortest of time. :)

I don't have any specific fitness goals, I just want to make my life a bit healthier so that I don't end up feeling like a 70-year-old in my thirties... I haven't exercised regularly since high-school and I intend to take up yoga to help me with my working-from-home situation. :)

I am currently taking NutriLite Spirulina&Vitamin B supplements, as well as Intelligent Labs' Omega 3. Will post as soon as I have more to write about them, too!

Probiotics and Prebiotics: blend of 10 different bile-resistant strains at 50 Billion CFU (which is above the average for other probiotic supplements) + Sunfiber, FOS

The prebiotics in the mix ensure that the strains have something to "cling" on to in order to make your guts a better place in the long run.

No noticeble taste, the capsules are very easy to swallow. The dosage is one capsule daily to maintain your gut health and two capsules daily for treatment. The packaging doesn't mention anything about mixability issues. The tub contains 60 capsules which are enough for a 2-month maintenance course.

I am a regular probiotics user because I've had problems with indigestion since my teen years. I have tried several probiotics so far - mainly Bulgarian ones like Enterosan, and they only made my digestion go crazy (talk about restroom strolls several times a day). I don't know what the reason for this was, but I couldn't take the prescribed daily dose as it would make it impossible for me to leave the house. And decreasing the daily dose led to a decrease in effectiveness which was noticeable. I've also tried a turmeric supplement, which managed to improve my intestinal health for the most part, although I chose it for an entirely different reason - in an attempt to boost my immune system (I won't disclose the brand as it was a paid review for my blog). The effect simply subsided after I took the last capsule, so I don't think it is a good choice for a probiotics supplement substitute.

Something which I'm really happy about is that I don't have to keep the Intelligetn Labs tub in the refrigerator. It's really diffucult to take proper care of refrigerated probiotics when travelling. The capsules themselves are delayed release, so you don't have to worry the probiotics won't get to your intestines. Ah, and they're veggie (not really interested in this part, but thought it might be helpful to someone).

With Intelligent Labs' Probiotics, I saw great results from week 1 (I'm not kidding, it was that fast). I noticed improvement in my digestion: no bloating, regular visits to the restroom, decreased inclination to eat sweets. The latter is my greatest surprise and is something I am really happy about as this is my worst nutritional sin! Intelligent Labs claim that probiotics have effect on your skin, mood and weight, and I will be happy to see those, too - I think might have to wait a bit more, though.

What I expect is to see the effects on my intestinal health stay in the long run even if I stop taking the probiotics. The goal is to populate the guts with healthy microflora so they can operate on their own, right? :) So far, I am more than happy, having my indigestion under control and not having to worry about bloating and constipation.

A bit pricier than I want it to be - 39.99 per tub, but it's really potent so the price is justified. Also, one tub lasts two months, so I think I might be able to continue using them for a few months each year, to make sure my intestinal health is on track. The one thing that bugs me is that I can't find these at local drugstores and have to order from Amazon. They have free (and pretty fast) shipping, but I still would love to have easier access.

Side Effects

No noticeable side effects.

Conclusion

Great probiotic supplement, you don't need to keep it refrigerated as with other probiotic supps. The potency of the strains is verified (you can find info on their website) and you know exactly what you are getting for your money. It's a lot pricier than other probiotics I've tried but they didn't work well for me - they simply replaced constipation with diarrhea.

Thanks to the moderators for the tips and the patience - I hope I'm being more helpful now. My rating remains the same, though, as I believe it's an accurate reflection of the product. :)
 Pros:
 Cons:
  • Digestion
  • Less Stomach Bloat
  • Easy Bowel Movements
  • Less Gas
  • High Quality Ingredients
  • Keeps You Regular
  • Pricey