makeshift

Rep for: AI Sports Nutrition

• Was an active member for 4 years, but hasn't been online since June, 2015

Reviews by makeshift

Since becoming a rep, makeshift has not been allowed to post additional reviews. Read more about our rep rules.

August 31, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Boosts Endurance
  • Strong Ingrediant Profile
  • Great Value
  • No Beta-alanine
Finished my tub of Maniac so now its time for a review! As most of yall know, I have taken quite a few different Pre-WO's. Jack3d, C4, 1MR, Neurocore(my fav so far) etc... So for this review I will be comparing to Neurocore(I know your probably thinking "hard to beat" but just hear me out)

TASTE: 8.5/10
The pink lemonade was pretty good alone as was the fruit punch. But I had a couple "extra packets of pink lemonade laying around and mixed it with the fruit punch...Definatley a good combo! And IMO tastes better than Neurocore.

MIXABILITY: 7/10
Some people had problems with mixing. I...

TASTE: 8.5/10

MIXABILITY: 7/10
Some people had problems with mixing. I did at first, then when I only put half water in my shaker then added the Maniac, shook it up and added the rest of the water it was fine. Or you can just add it to your water and shake till fully mixed. It all goes down the same. At least theres not a huge foam head on the top like Neurocore.

ENERGY & FOCUS: 9/10
Maniac really kills it for performance! Great "tunnel" vision and clean energy! NO CRASH like with some others...Now although there's no BA it honeslty didnt make THAT much of a difference to me. I say this is dead even with Neurocore. Now one thing I did like better with Maniac was that even for a while after the WO I was still energized even on leg days! Cant say that so much for Neurocore....

PUMP: 6/10
I dont take Pre-WO's for the "pump" but there was still a little noticeable pump, which is better than some of the others that I have tried. I will say that Neurocore had a little better pump though.

VALUE: 9.5/10
Wether your on a budget or not this is a pretty great value. An 80 serving tub is like 45$ from www.aisportsnutriotin.com

OVERALL: 8/10
It does have a few(very few) downfalls...Like no BA and it could mix alittle better, but thats nothing compared to the benefits of Maniac! Every WO you do while taking it will be great.

Some people say they didnt respond well to it, but for me it was pretty great! I definatley recommend trying it out! If you want to try a sample find one of the reps and have them send you some FREE samples!

August 22, 2011

• Visible Gains
  • A Little Expensive!
Time for another review finally...

Well as most of yall know I really liked P6. I had some pretty good gains from it and definatley kept them.

I decided to try this after talking to my boy JMetal about it. I only took 1 bottle of it which lasted a month. I am currently finishing out my 8 week cycle with Isa-Test GF. So I will let yall know how I feel about it.

Time for another review finally...

Before I "rate" it I want to say that through all 4 weeks I felt better than I did on the P6. I didnt have as much "backne" which is cool, but had me worried about wether or not it was working. Well if you look at my log you will see it is definatley working!

Price/Value: 7/10 It is pretty expensive at 60$ But compared to P6 its alot cheaper!

Ingredients: 7/10(Im not a huge fan of prop blends)
**Testobullismâ„¢ (Patent Pending) Proprietary Blend Testosterone Amplification Matrix: 600mgs
**Longjack (Tongkat Ali), Fenugreek Extract (50% Fenusides), Horny Goat Weed (Icarin 40%), Methoxyisoflavone, 3,4-Divanillytetrahydrofuran 95%
**Secretrophonâ„¢ (Patent Pending) Proprietary Blend GH-Inducing Blend: 300mgs
**Alpha GPC, Macuna Pruriens (20% L-Dopa)
CAMP Agonists 670mcgs
**Estocutâ„¢ (Patent Pending) Proprietary Blend Estrogen Modulation Matrix: 200mgs
**I-3-C, White Button Mushroom, Resveratrol
**Tauro-Driveâ„¢ (Patent Pending) Proprietary Blend Delivery System Matrix: 45mgs
**Black Pepper Extract, Ginger Root (5% Gingerols), Cayenne Powder
**Vitamin B-6 (3.3mg)
**Zinc Chelate (5mg)

I was stacking this with TCF-1 so that helped, but I noticed alittle strength gain and that everything stayed full and hard throughout the day by the end of week 2. Weeks 3 and 4 just got better.
I believe that an 8 week cycle would be amazing! But Isa-Test is alittle cheaper so I went that route.

Dosage: 9/10
2 pills 3x a day isnt that bad IMO. But make sure what ever time you train you take a dosage an hr before.
I really liked Tauro-Test. It had a better effect than P6 did, and it was ALOT cheaper. Only thing that would be better is if the price would come down, but thats a small set back for a great T-booster. Check out my log to see before/after pics

July 27, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Low Cholesterol
  • Low Sugar
  • Bad Gass
Well time for another review yall. This was my first gainer so unfortunatley nothing to compare it to. But after debating on wether to try this or Up Your MASS I decided to give this a shot first.

PROFILE:9/10 This one one reason I chose this over UYM. It has more of just about everything per serving than UYM does.

Calories: 600

Tot.Carb 77g
Diet Fiber: 2g
Sugar: 0g
Protein: 55g

TASTE:8/10 The first serving I did kinda shocked me. It wasnt bad but it wasnt amazing. But after that I knew what to expect and actually came to enjoy it to be honest.

MIXABILITY:7/10 Unfortunatley it wasnt the easiest to mix if you did 4 scoops all at once. But if you mix 2 scoops then add another 2 there shouldnt be any issue. I did mix with 1% milk because this is a bulk and want as much as I can get per serving.

EFFECTIVENESS/RESULTS:9/10 I had better than expected results. I gained about 5lbs out of a 6lb tub. Im not saying all the weight was from this(my diet helped alot) but I dont think I would have gained that much without it. I started out just doing 4 scoops as a pre-wo "meal" but ended up going to 3 about an hour and a half before lunch and then another 3 scoops 1.5-2 hrs after lunch.

I did have pretty bad gas through-out the whole tub. Which doesnt bother me at all, but the wife wasnt to excited about it.

CONCLUSION:8/10 I would definatley recommend this. I will try Up Your MASS next so I can comapre the 2. I am extremely satisfied with the results I got from it.

July 25, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Shortens Recovery Time
  • Tastes Good
  • Mixed Great
  • Taste Is Addicting
  • Expensive When Used As Directed
Well I finished the first tub on Sunday and now I finally have time to write a review.

-Taste/Mixability:10/10
The taste is absolutely amazing! Hands down the best BCAA intra-drink Ive ever had.

-Value:9/10
The value is pretty good at about $20 for a 30 serving tub. As long as you dont follow the "recommended" doseage of 4 scoops and you use 2 scoops instead youll be fine.

-Ingredient profile:9/10
L-leucine-3.5g
L-isoleucine-1.75
L-valine-1.75
L-glutamine-2.5
Citrulline Malate-1g
It might not be 8:1:1 like MBCAA, but thats still a pretty good profile.

-Effectiveness/Rec...

L-isoleucine-1.75
L-valine-1.75
L-glutamine-2.5
Citrulline Malate-1g
It might not be 8:1:1 like MBCAA, but thats still a pretty good profile.

-Effectiveness/Recovery:9/10
The recovery was beyond my expectations. I had great recovery on MBCAA and because the ratio was alittle lower I didnt expect as good of a recovery. But to my surprise it was just as good. I honeslty cant tell a difference in recovery between the 2.

-Overall 9/10
I thoroghly enjoyed the taste during my workouts. And I also drunk it a couple times throughout the day(mostly after leg days) Between the taste, recovery and price I would definatley recommend this to everyone. You have to try it atleast once.

July 8, 2011

• Lean Muscle
  • Crazy Strength Gains
  • Enhanced Libido
  • Density
  • Irritability
  • Backne
  • Alittle Expensive
Ok this is for the new Chrome version of P6 Extreme. Now this was my first Test-Booster so I didnt have anything to comapre it to unfortunatley...I was going to run a full 8 week cycle but I cut it a few days short so I could "reset" and get ready for my bulk.

Price/Value-8/10: I say 8 because my first bottle was free. It lasted the first half of my cycle and then I had to buy the 2nd bottle. On base GNC it was like 85$ or so which is better than the MSRP.

Sides-6/10: I did get a good bit of backne after about week 2 that stayed through the whole cycle. The heat didnt help the backne much at all... I was also extremely aggressive during the first couple weeks which was good for the gym but not so good with the family lol...

Effectiveness-9/10: I really didnt notice any big changes untill the middle to end of week 3 except agression at the end of week 1. My muscles were full all the time, my stamina was alot better, my sex Drive was insane and my strength started to climb. I noticed a HUGE strength increase at the end of week 5 and all the way untill I took the last pill I felt Monsterous! Between this and my Pre-WO's my "zone" was AMAZING! The last week of the cycle was honestly my best. I broke a few PR's and all my muscles were hard as a rock and my recovery was amazing! I was also ALWAYS hungry which was great in this heat. All you have to do is look at my log and see the progress I made in the last few weeks to see my point...

Dosage-10/10: Extremely easy! 2 in the morning and 2 before bed. Cant complain at all...

Overall-8/10: If it wasnt for the price tag and the backne this would have been perfect. I would definatley recommend this to anyone! Especially if you can get the BOGO 50% off at GNC or even on sale in general.

July 1, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Excellent Recovery
  • Less Soreness
  • Great Bcaa Ratio
  • Tricky Mixing
Ok this was the first BCAA I ever bought. I did a tun of research and We have been through 3 tub's so far. Its time for a review.

Value-9/10 I got this at the on base GNC for about $25. I looked around online and the price was about the same. The tub is 35 servings which works out to about about $.69 per serving. Not bad IMO.

Recovery-9/10 I have to say 9 instead of 10 because Ive never tried any other type of BCAA but its gotta be hard to top the 8:1:1 ratio. But I can say that it does its job. I am hardly ever sore the next day.(I do take other recovery sup's also so this stacked with them does an amazing job)

Mixability-7/10 Heres the downfall IMO. It takes a few minutes to get the foam to go away. If you shake it instead of slowly turning the shaker over a couple times it wont mix as well.

Taste-8/10 Some say they didnt like the taste. But the Grape Bubblegum actually got better after I got halfway into the first tub. Now I enjoy it.

I would absolutely recommend this as an intra-WO drink. Bewteen the price and recovery it cant get much better than this...

June 24, 2011

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Support Joint & Heart Health
  • Natural Anti-inflammatory
  • Brain Function
  • Hair Skin Nails
  • Immunity
  • Cheap
    Heres a review on a STAPLE to any stack. I tried the Wal-Mart brand Fish Oil before this and this is by far the better of the 2.

Effectiveness 8/10- It seemed that my skin was alittle cleaner, I just feel all around better.

Dosing-9/10 It says to take 1 a day but I am taking 1 in the am and 1 before bed(After a certain post I read earlier today I will definatley be upping the dosage)

Taste-8/10 I very rarely had fish burps but when I did it went away pretty fast.

Value- 9/10 IF you can get this on the BOGO 50% off its a pretty good deal.

Ingredients-9/10 Its pretty cut and d...

Value- 9/10 IF you can get this on the BOGO 50% off its a pretty good deal.

Ingredients-9/10 Its pretty cut and dry here. Only thing that could be better is more than 900mg per capsule.

Overall-8/10 Im sure there are better sources out there for Fish Oil(besides actual fish lol)But so far I have been satisfied and would recommend it to anyone.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Massive/dense Pumps
    • Pump Achieved In Less Time After Each Use
    • A Bit Pricey
    Ok this is my first review so go easy..

Profile-10/10 It doesnt have a prop blend which is pretty good in my book... It has l-arginine nitrate- 1250 mg, l-citrulline malate grape seed extract- 655 mg
    l-novaline- 100 mg , calcium ascorbate 100 mg

Dosage-I have to rate this an 8/10. I dont like having to take 5-6 pills to feel anything so 3 was fine for me. I stacked with C4 so I only took 3 caps at a time about 30-45 min before I doesed C4.

Ok this is my first review so go easy..

l-novaline- 100 mg , calcium ascorbate 100 mg

Effectiveness-I have to rate a 9/10. I tried a bottle of Yok3d and never could get the "timing" down right. But with this it was consistant. Any muscle group I trained had awesome pumps! I think I got the best pumps in my calve's and bi's. The vascularity I gained was absolutely crazy. I never really had water hose veins, but now they're just there...All the time!

Side Effects-0/10 I had no "bad" side effects

Value-10/10 I got my first bottle for free from my rep at our on base GNC. But the 2nd bottle I got ended up costing me less than $20. On base the small bottle is sold for like $38.99 or so plus the gold card discount. I also got a new bottle of P6 which gave me the BOGO half off deal and half of 38=19.

Overall-8/10 This product was amazing! The value is pretty good if you stack it with any other Pre-WO from Cellucor

• Increased Vascularity
    • Consistent
    • No Crash
    • Great Pumps
    • Not For Stimulant Sensitive People
    So before I tried this I was absolutely in love with Jack3d...I decided to give this a try the same time I got the NO3 BC pills for free(no this wasnt free unfortunatley lol)

Price-9/10 Once again my on base GNC comes through for me and I got 2 tubs for about $2 more than a tub of Jack3d.(BOGO half off plus the gold card and GNC on base is alot cheaper than out in town)

Effectiveness-9/10 I stacked this with NO3 BC from day 1, BUT i decided a couple times just to try it alone and see how it went. I was impressed. The BA tingles didnt change, the pump was aliitle less, but that was to be expected...Focus was there along with agression. All around great workouts!

Pump-6.5 I have to say that becuase I was use to the great pumps when stacked with the NO3. But I still felt the pumps somewhat so atleast a 6.5

Energy-9/10 I had tuns of energy from about 15 min after I drank it and it wore off so slowly that I didnt even notice and that = no crash.

Profile-8/10 Beta Alanine 1500mg, Arginine AKG 1000mg, Creatine Nitrate 1000mg, Explosive Energy Blend 594mg. And a few others including 1,3dimythleme and caffine.
    I used between 2-2.5 scoops constantly and never had to use 3..

Taste-9/10 Now this is where I have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed! I Originally had gotten a tub of Orange and FP. IMHO the Orange was absolutely horrible so I returned it to GNCfor another tub of the FP. It is alittle chalky but with 2.5 scoops and only 10oz of water what do you expect? I know I could have added more water but I just downed it and the FP flavor was awesome! Just know that theres a possiblitly of some chalky taste.

Mixability-10/10 Dissolved easily no clumps no specs no nothing...

I love C4 hands down! It will be hard to find a product to top it IMHO, but if theres a better product out there Ill find it...I would definatley recommend this to anyone.

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Quick Recovery
    • Mixes Great
    • Quite Expensive
    • Tastes Bad
    • Hyped Up By Gnc Guys
    Ok this review is WAY overdue..Well after I ran out of my EAS whey I decided to try this since it was "supposed" to be better. I had pretty good gains on the EAS and hoped to see more out of the Wheybolic...

Value-6/10 If you can get it on sale its not a bad deal. But other than that its alittle pricy for any of the sizes

Taste-5/10 At first I really liked the taste. But about halfway through the tub i couldnt stomach it anymore and had to mix with ice cream and peanut butter to drink it. This was the chocolate and coockies and cream both.

Effectiveness-5/10 I did see little gains ...

Effectiveness-5/10 I did see little gains but nothing like I expected. There are way better proteins for cheaper or better priced

Overall-5/10 I was pretty disappointed all around with this. But then again you cant win em' all can you? This just didnt work for me, but everyone is different so maybe it could work on you...If you must have this only get it on sale.