kroberts9

Banned

• Was an active member for 10 months, but hasn't been online since August, 2011
  • This member has been banned for violating our site rules.

Reviews by kroberts9

July 21, 2011

• Excellent Combo Of Whey And Casein
  • Clumping
  • Not Enough Aminos
  • Sat Fat
Ok brothers here is a sweet protein blend that just seems to have a bad rep.
Ok brothers here is a sweet protein blend that just seems to have a bad rep.
I picked up a 5lb tub of Dymatize Elite Gourmet Protein for cheap cheap, so I gave it a shot. I got the cookies'n'cream flavor and it was much better then I thought it would be. This is a fast and slow release protein with a blend of whey concentrate and isolate and Micelular Caseines and Caseinates. This allows that nice release of proteins fast to get to the muscles and slow to keep fueled up for a couple hours till you get some WHOLE FOODS! I used this protein one scoop twice a day once in the a.m before I went to the gym and before bed. Now for the review!!

TASTE 9/10

------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the part that most everyone talks about for some odd reason. The cookies n cream was simply better then expected. It had bits of chocolate proteins and it was very thick almost like a milk shake. I got the best taste when I mixed 8oz skim with 6oz water (don't ask why but it works). I'm pretty open on flavors and try a new flavor but typically I will stick with common ones like chocolate, vanilla and mint. This was the first ice cream type flavor and it made me feel like it was the real thing.

MIXABILITY 7/10

---------------------------------------------------------------

This is a little stumble point for this product. No matter how much straight water or skim even the krob mix of water and milk this stuff always got clumpy. I use a couple shaker cups and even in my tornado cup it still clumped up a bit. Maybe it's the blend they use even though I don't have an issue with my all-time favorite protein MyoFusion which is a blend as well. The clumping will not stop me from reusing this protein it should not stop you either.

CONTENT 7.5/10

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This again If I was making it would have had a little bit more Aminos into the blend for some muscle building aid. Still this is not a bad protein . it contains only 125 cal per scoop and 21g protein and 6g carbs. The down fall is it does have .5g sat fat and 1.5g fat also a low amount of sodium75mg. could this be better, yes a little bit I would of loved to see less fats and more Aminos, but for the price its fair.

OVERALL 7.5/10

------------------------------------------------------------------

For total value to price this is a good deal for a before gym/early morning shake or a before bed snack due to flavor. When I bought mine I got a stella deal on it, 29.99 for 5lb jug. If it was anymore then 35.00 for it I would think twice since there are a few better options out there in that price range. For under 30.00 for 5lbs with 70 servings per that container that comes t o about .55 per serving well worth it. Normal price on this product can range from 31-34.00. it is worth a one time shoot to mix it up a bit.

Ken.r

3.0
  June 23, 2011

Cons:
  • Taste
  • Focus
  • No Bloat
  • Mixes Great
    Overview: I have used many pre-workouts in the past two years and I have to give it up to Controlled Labs on this on! Whiteflood is an absolutely amazing pre-workout that not only fuels you for a grueling workout helps with some post work out recovery. I have been a huge fan of jack3d and would always recommend it to anyone, but whiteflood gave me some of the best get up and go work out feelings I have ever had.

-------------------------

Mix ability 9.9/10

-------------------------------------------------

Whiteflood mixed great 99% of the time with any amount of water you use....

Mix ability 9.9/10

-------------------------------------------------

Whiteflood mixed great 99% of the time with any amount of water you use. I noticed that when I mixed 3+scoops in 6oz of water it stayed gritty but very tolerable. I loved the fact that the whiteflood mixed with any amount of water and still gave the same effect. When I used to mix jack3d it seemed to get weaker when you added more water and it always clumped up with less then 8oz on 3 scoops.

---------------------------

Taste 8.5/10

----------------------------------------------------------

The flavor of Whiteflood I purchased was the electric lemonade and I loved it. The lemonade taste was kind of medical-ish but when you drink a supplement you shouldn't expect country time. They do offer other flavors and from what I have read and heard they are very good.

--------------------------

Effectiveness 9.0/10

-----------------------------------------------

Whiteflood gave me some of the cleanest no crash energy that I have ever experienced in my life. The beta-alanine tingle was felt all over my body the energy surge that I felt 15-20min after drinking was amazing. I was able to get in to the gym and hammer out a massive amounts of reps and sets and still pound the cardio. The no crash was something that I appreciated due to the fact that I go to the gym very early like 4:45am early and then work my office job and go home and spend time with mrs.krob. This plus the countless numbers of amazing workout sessions made me give this product a great effectiveness review. (note I never had to use more then 3 scoops)

-----------------------------

Focus 9.5/10

-------------------------------------------------------

My focus on Whiteflood was better then anything that I have ever dreamed. When I got to the gym every morning I pounded straight thru sets like no ones business. I just kept thinking to myself how many more can I do how heavy I can go. This feeling never ended thru the whole 80 serving tub. This feeling alone should make anyone who hasn't tried it go out and buy it.

Ingredients 8.5/10

-------------------------------------------------

The list of active ingredients is quite amazing here is a quick break down.
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**

Need I say more?

------------------------------------

Overall 9.0/10

-----------------------------------

This to me was the best pre-workout that I have ever used and would strongly recommend it to everyone and anyone. At the end of my whiteflood I did get fancy and mixed in 2 scoops of Amino energy to see what would happen and oh boy I was sky high and the taste was phenomenal. So all and all Whiteflood is versatile and performs well alone or mixed and is well worth the extra cost.

kr

June 1, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Gain Weight
    • Not A Gimmick
    • Solid Mass Gains
    • Shoulder Acne
    Here is a full write up on Boladrol by ibe. Lets start by saying this pro-hormone has received a horrible rap as being a dud. This is far from the truth in my case and opinion. Boladrol was not as strong as I thought, but still produced good gains when dosed right. Quick background on myself with pro-hormones. I have used many pro-hormones stacked and by themselves and have had some trial and errors as well. As I have grown more accustom to the world of designer steroids and pro-hormones my knowledge has grown. Here comes the shout out to make his ego grow some more BIG WORM has really pointed me in the right direction and his expertise has rubbed off on me helping me become much wiser in my cycles. Now for the skinny on the one they call Boladrol!

Effectiveness 7/10

--------------------------------------------------
    Boladrol was a better than avg pro-hormone with a pre-cursor of a classic anabolic steroid bolasterone. Pre-cursor main compound is(7,17a-dimethyl-androsten-3,17-diol) that produced a solid gain rather then a reported wet gain. I started my dosing protocol at 2mg (1 pill) for the first day and 4mg (2pill) for the rest of the week. Week 2 was 6mg a day at 2 pills after A.M workout and 1 8hrs later. Week 3-5 I used 8mg a day dosed 2 after work out and 2 8 hrs later. Week 5 is when I started noticing some huge gains in my lifts and my tone. My back, shoulders and chest blew up!! My final dose was an abnormal one at 10mg week 6-7 and it was 3 after and 2 8 hrs later. My final numbers are as follows: chest was 48" now 52" bicep was down from my last cycle was 16.5" now up to 18" down from 19" but more cut up. Bf was 17.8% now 16.2% calipers used after guess before. Waist was 35" now 33". The only reason the Boladrol got a seven was for how long it took to kick in. my weight was 197 and now 215.

---------------------

Value 8.5/10

------------------------------------------
    To properly dose the Boladrol it can be very pricey but all ph cycles are. You will need 2-3 bottles of Cycle Assist, Milk Thistle, multi-vitamin, Fish Oil, cholesterol support, and the ph. PCT is an absolute must in this cycle p.c.t consists of toremifene, p.c.t assist, natty test booster, Arom-X, and I'm still running all my Cycle Support supplements as well. This is a typical ph cycle properly stacked for the best results IMO. If you plan on running a ph cycle plan to spend all your money in the PCT and support supplements not the ph itself.

--------------------------

Side effects 5/10

-------------------------------------------------
    The side effects of Boladrol where moderate. The first week you feel very fatigued and do not panic if you get a cold or two in the first week or two your body is run down with this strong hormone in your system. Acne was mild mainly on chest and upper back area hunger was unreal. And the aggression was hulk-like to say the least. I did notice I was much more irritable then ever before while on the higher doses of Boladrol so this may be something to consider if you have little kids around you all the time. All and all the sides are not that bad as long as you take the proper supplements along with the ph. My liver test came back great with the only very small issue being my bilorubin count was slightly raised normal is .5-1.5 and mine was 2.0 my cholesterol was in the normal range as well total was 5.2 normal is between 4.5-6.0 blood pressure was always in check at 121/79 the whole cycle.
    ----------------------------

Overall 8/10

------------------------------------------------------
    Boladrol is a good intermediate to advanced pro-hormone that can be stacked like I did it with a non-methylated compound for increased gains and results. I would have liked it better if the results happened in the 2-3rd week rather then 5th but with all the fda regulations on ph's now it is tough to sift thru it and find a newer better compound that's not a clone of an old ph. Form what I have seen and gained thru all my hard work and diet this is not a gimmick ph but a pretty good one.

May 16, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Bulging Veins
    • Increased Vascularity
    • Helps Build Muscle
    • Very Impressive Vascularity
    • Inconsistent
    • Dosing Requires Experimentation
    • Could Be Very Costly
    • Opening Capsules Is Annoying
    Here we go again; this is my end of bottle review of the controversial Yok3d.
    A brief summary before the review, I did like the Yok when it performed witch was once out of 5 give or take. I did experiment with how I took it and when I took it.
    Let's get into the thick of it and away we go!

--------------

TASTE 7.5

----------------------
    Here we go again; this is my end of bottle review of the controversial Yok3d.
    Let's get into the thick of it and away we go!

--------------

TASTE 7.5

----------------------
    Yes the most frequent way I took Yok3d was 5 open caps either straight under my tongue or mixed into my PWO. The taste wasn't overpowering like some caps that I have had burst in my mouth, but I have tasted much better as well. This is straight out of jthayers book of tricks and it seemed to work best as well.

----------------

EFFECTIVENESS 6.5

------------------------

This is the worst part of my job. I hate to give a somewhat poor review especially to such a great company such as USP Labs. Anybody that knows me knows that USP is one of my favorite supplement companies out there. And for me to give this product an avg effectiveness score I feel horrible but I am honest.
    Timing was an issue for me do to the inconsistent effectiveness one night I would have my pre-workout meal of 4 hardboiled egg whites and protein shake 1hr before and my PWO 30 min before every night this was my routine and 1 out 5 nights it would work great and the other 4 it would be avg at best. Open caps I had noticed a far better result and it was more consistent then taking whole caps. I did notice more sweat, a good pump sometimes and vascular was the most consistent and noticeable.

-------------------

OVERALL 7.0

------------------------------

I really did like the product when it worked as designed. The inconsistent pump killed it for me and made me somewhat disappointing. I was very happy with how vascular I got on the Yok3d but that isn't enough when it claims it gives an Ultimate pump. If I was to use another n.o product witch I will I might not be Yok3d but something different like Nitrox II by sci-fit.

In closing I might use it again if reformulated with a better and more consistent effect other than that I was slightly disappointed with the Yok hype.

--kr--

April 29, 2011

• Great Recovery
    • Tastes Awesome
    • Smooth Texture
    • Slightly Expensive
    • Only Sold In 1lb 1.75lb And 3.5lb
    O.K boys here are my review on a great protein that I have been using for the past two months.
    Intro- Hydro builder is the first whey that I have used that I noticed a better recovery. I would drink this product twice a day 1 1/2 scoop post and a 1/2 scoop mid-day for some on the go protein. Let's now get into the thick of things.

---

taste 9/10

------

---

taste 9/10

------
    The taste of the hydro builder was very good mixed in either milk or water. I found my personal mix was 6oz cold water and 6ozcold skim milk. this mixture increased thickness and also gave some extra calorie while i was on a bulk.hydro whey also has other flavors if the turbo chocolate is not for you.

-----

effectiveness 9/10

--------
    Hands down this is where this product shines. I have used many proteins from MyoFusion(2nd favorite and still use as my a.m shake and now mid-day snack) and other lower grade whey.this product came through with its recovery. The recovery aspect was IMO amazing to say the least. I would work out at around 9:30 at night and drink my shake and go to be, if you have seen my log most of my workouts are pretty long and I push till i can't go anymore. when I wake up i still feel the muscle tears but I can function at a high capacity with any real body pains and by 8 i feel great. Hydro whey also had a great content of solid ingredients
    Ingredient Amount % Daily Value**
    Total Carbohydrate 2g 1
    Sugars 1g
    Protein 30g
    Calcium 10
    You can't beat that list bulk or cut.

-------------

overall 7/10

--------------------

The reason why I'm giving the product a lower score in this department is for the simple fact price to scoop ratio and the fact they do not make a 5lb jug. When a high end product comes around its great if you have the money to spring for it but other wise it can be very tough to obtain. At over $56 bucks for a 3.5 lb jug that only make 28 servings it is a very pricey product $2.10 per serving. The price to me was fair for the quality of product that hydro whey is and you will notice a significant difference in your recovery from the higher-grade protein.

I would use Hydro whey in the future as a staple supplement during all my bodybuilding phases. I would also recommend any to this product for its benefits in speedy recovery and great taste.

March 10, 2011

• Too Much Carbonation
    • Monster Gas
    Ok guys here is the first review on this product, I hope it stays up long enough for all to read.

Everyone knows I am or was a fan of this company for a long time.I'm slowly starting to dislike them. This will not effect my review on the PWO at all it will be honest and I will detail what i liked and disliked.

Mixability 5/10

Mixability 5/10
    This in my opinion was the 2nd worst part about this PWO. AMS thought it would be a great idea to make it carbonated like mountain dew or something, horrible idea!Every time that I would mix the contents i would lose half of it on myself and my kitchen floor, I felt like I was in 8th chemistry again.

Taste 4.5/10
    This was the worst part for me. As of right now they only offer fruit punch and have not mastered it bt any means. the taste was very chemical like and if it touched your lips they would feel like they were burning.I haven't seen if they were going to come out with any other flavors in the near future.

Content 7/10
    The ingredients that pump fixx contains are the same as many other PWO's on the market today minus 1,3 that people do sometimes complain about. I felt that they use prop blend to hide the fact that they don't use as much beta-alanine as they do caffine and taurine.

Value 6/10
    Just because a product has a great price does not mean it has great value. I gave this a 6/10 for the reason it was much better then slamming back a redbull and a caffine pill. The price was very fair at 21.95 for a 20-25 work out tub.

Summery
    I think that the AMS name is falling short compared to others that are out there now. I don't plan on using this product again but maybe would recommend it to someone just starting out in the PWO's since it wasn't as PowerFULL as a jack3d or a 1m.r.

March 9, 2011

• Great Mid-day Snack
    • Too Much Sugar
    • Too Much Empty Calories
    So I'm currently bulking and I work a ton of hours and this makes for a great mid-day or mid-morning snack.

Taste 8/10
    I love the cookies n cream and mint chocolate. they do have other flavors so you can find your favorite.The only problem is it leaves a numb feeling in your mouth after and a chalk like after taste.

Value 8/10

Taste 8/10

Value 8/10
    Clif is a very well known company and you can find them just about anywhere that sells health foods. For one bar its between 1.50-2.50 and for a box of 6 you can get them for around 7.95.They fit into just about everyones budget on a bulk diet.The only down side is there are other brands that do the same thing slightly cheaper so you pay more for the reputation of the company.

Ingredients7/10
    This is clifs only down fall in my personal opinion. The builder bar seems to have a lot of empty calories you might feel hungery an hour or so later.Also it is very high in sugar content a 20G.It does have 20G of protein witch on a bulk diet is great for those times in need of a quick protein fix.I would compare the content in the Clif bar to the like of the EAS Myoplex or the snickers marathon bar.

Overall 8/10
    The Clif Builders Bar is a decent protein snack and by no means should be used as a Meal Replacement bar.The cost is pretty cheap compared to other protein snacks in its catagory.I will continue to use Clif Builders Bars on a bulk diet, but may think of a different bar when cutting.

March 8, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Very Effective
    • Awesome Price
    • Clean Feeling Of Energy
    • Taste Wasnt To Bad
    • Built Tolerance
    So I finished my second tub of jack3d and by far this is my personal favorite pwo. I have used AMS pump fixx and i got to tell you they don't even come close.

TASTE 8.5/10
    The tatse of the jack3d that i had was grape bubblegum.it really did not taste like bubble gum more like a slush puppy with a sour shock. Jack3d also has no carbonation witch made the taste that much better and cleaner.jack3d also offers other flavors to accomadate others likes in flavor that makes Universally popular.

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10
    Jack3d gave me extream focus ALMOST like tunnel vision. Th...

TASTE 8.5/10

EFFECTIVENESS 8/10
    Jack3d gave me extream focus ALMOST like tunnel vision. The only thing that kept me from giving it a higher then an 8 was you do tend to buid a tolerance quickly. after my thrid day i was talking 3scoops in 4oz of water. I also love how you didn't need that much water to mix the powder in making it have a faster absorption rate then other pwo and pills. The main ingrideint in jack3d is bete-alanine witch works great with your creatine product to help aid in muscle augmentation and absorb water into the muscle during your work outs.

VALUE 9/10
    I gave jack3d a value of 9 because you go through the product pretty quickly and if you add scoop to serving per cost it ends up around 1.79 per serving. At 23.00 per tub that to me is still a great value for a premium pwo.

Overall I love jack3d and anything USP Labs puts out. They offer high quality products at a great price that the average person can afford. results can vary just like other supps and everyone is different. this again is no magic supp, but it will help you stay focused for all your reps and sets.

March 4, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Intense Thermogenic
    • Fat Loss
    • Diminished Appetite
    • No Crash
    • And Insomnia
    • Built A Tolerance To It Pretty Quickly
    • Pricey..but Worth It.
    Ok sr.com i finished my first bottle of OEP and that means its time to rate it. Fisrt off a little background info on my years of thermo/fat burners. I started using stim back in 1999 my first one was the Original RFA-1.Ephedra was a suprior fatburner and the ECA diet was top notch.After ephedra was banned from fatburners I found a little supp shop tha sold 25mg ephedra hcl, so i bought it and stacked it with white willow bark and caffine and made my own ECA Stack.since then i have tried them all from Hydroxycut to hotrox and nothing compared to ephedra til now.

Lets get in to it. I brok...

Lets get in to it. I broke down this review into a few different categories starting with taste and texture.

taste/texture 7.5/10
    Now I bet your wondering why taste its a capsule. The directions say to take 15-30 min before a.m meal on an empty stomach. when i did that i kept burping up the taste of natural barks and root flavor.texture was great the it was a very small pill that was able to slide right down with out that plastic feeling that other supps can have.

Next for me is the value
    value 8.5/10

The cost of OEP is not that bad for a 90 count or 1 month bottle i was able to find it at just about every online supp store for under 35.00. Now in my mind 35.00 is not that much for a quality product such as OEP.The only problem I had was I could not find the 180 count bottle besides GNC for over 65.00 thats the only reason why the value dropped.

lastly effectiveness
    effectiveness 8/10

I gave OEP a 8/10 do to the fact that I'm not sensetive to stims and the first dose gave me the great euphoric feel that older ephedra based thermos gave me. The only problem is I had some mild insomnia for a week and a half. I did build a tolerance to it rather quickly.On ability to HELP you lose weight it was great!This pill helped me with solid diet and cardio routine. THIS IS NO MAGIC PILL BY ANY MEANS.OEP seemed to help aid in the burning of fatty tissue that sits above the muscle unlike other thermos that have helped with the fat stored under your muscles.

In summery OEP in my mind is the strongest thermo/fat burner on the OTC market today,but does fail in commparasen to old thermos and other diet supps.

February 15, 2011

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Mixed Great
    • Tasted Great
    • Good Texture
    • Inexpensive
    • Great Quality
      at just under $40 for a 5lb tub of protein you can't go wrong.i use this product twice a day one scoop in the a.m with a small bowl of OLD FASHION OATS is there any other kind lol and two scoops post work out. this product works great to refuel all muscles used and is a great protein to start your day the chocolate mint is great it tatse like a milk shake from an ice cream place. i mix mine with skim milk for some extra cal to bulk and it has worked when i started using MyoFusion i weighted 204 with a great diet and work out plan i put on 6lb of solid mass i will highly rec any gaspari product to anyone who has been in the field for along time or just starting out solid products for anyone