kris65

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by kris65

July 21, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Tastes Amazing
  • No Noticeable Crash
  • Pump
  • Endurance
  • Nootropic
    Its been a while since I have reviewed a supplement, time to shake off the rust. Thanks to FlashReborn and the boys at LGI for the hookup. Today I will be reviewing LGI's Fully Loaded. I have a bit of experience with PWO's having run K-Otic, jack3d, c4, 1mr, Muscle Marinade, Super Pump Maxx, Black Powder and Ronnie Coleman's Myo Blitz (I'll do a review of this at some point.) With some history out of the way lets get started with the review.

Content - 9/10

Content - 9/10

On paper this product looks pretty good. What I love about this is that there is no prop blends. I will not go through every ingredient but a few that are of notable mention. If you want to look at everything Google it. It does contain 175mg of caffeine, and this realllllly cool ingredient called 2 amino 4-methylpentane citrate. For those of you familiar with organic chem it is referred to as 1,3-dimethylbutylamine.

Whats so notable about this ingredient is its uncanny structural resemblance to 4-methylhexan-2-amine also known as 1,3-dimethylamylamine or DMAA.

There is a few other cool ingredients but I will discuss them in later sections.

Energy - 9/10

The energy I got from this product was pretty darn good. It was so clean and smooth, never once did I have that cracked out feeling. When I ran this PWO I literally took it everyday I worked out. It was absurd how toward the end of the the bottle how much energy I still had. Sure it was not the same as when I had the first scoop, but the fact I only had to take more than the 1 scoop just a couple of times speaks volumes to the quality of the energy that is delivered.

The effects generally lasted throughout the entire workout. I noticed the effects slowly waning the more I used to product as time passed on. That is quite understandably so, on some weeks I worked out more times than days in the week but stuck to only one scoop a day as recommended by the bottle; yet still had decent workable energy in the gym. The energy from this product should be even stronger if you only take the PWO when you need it instead of taking it everyday.

Pump - 7/10

I didn't really experience anything too crazy here, the pump I did receive was greater than normal, but I was working at a higher efficiency rate than normal so more blood flow could directly be attributed to that. I gave this a 7 just because even though the pump didn't directly come from the product, the capacity to do more working sets with shorter rest intervals led to the greater pump.

Focus - 9/10

This is kind of tough for me to gauge because I was also running LGI's PEPT10 which is a nootropic = greater focus. I gave this a 9 though because for a few days here or there I forgot to take the PEPT10 and my focus was still great, not as great without the PEPT10 but still there. Its funny, as a result I had extra PEPT10 which when taken by itself did not focus me nearly to the degree it did when it was stacked with the Fully Loaded....but that's a review for another time...

LGI Fully Loaded has another nifty ingredient to aid in focus called n-phenylacetyl-l-prolylglycine ethyl ester, which is a nootropic. For those not familiar with nootropics; the basic idea is that it helps with focus.

Taste - 10/10

We are not taking PWO's for the taste, but I gotta give it to the guys at LGI; this stuff is absolutely delicious. The flavor I had peach mango. Here is the crazy thing - it actually tasted like peach mango.

Mixability - 7/10

The mixabilty was alright. Sometimes there would be heavier particles that would settle at the bottom and just taste so strong if you didnt gulp them down. Overall it wasnt a big deal, the product mixes fine and if this is the breaking point for you then your run with supplements will not last long.

Value - 8/10

This product is about 29 bucks, give or take a few dollars depending on where you look. Sure the price could be better, but is there really a better product out there for the money? C4 is around the same price but is not nearly as good, Myo Blitz is more money and isn't as good either. There is probably a better PWO out there, but I doubt there is a more well rounded one, which makes this products value go up.

Overall - 9/10

Overall this was a fantastic product to run. You have a great tasting product, that gives you ample energy and focus; there isn't much more you want from a PWO. This has become my new PWO of choice, and clearly will be using it again in the future.

March 22, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Easy To Use
    • Underdosed
    What's up SR jabroni's? Its been a while since I posted a review, so today I will be reviewing BPI's Build – HD. I have taken just about every creatine/designer creatine out there, so my experience with these products is nothing novel. With that said lets jump right into the review.

Taste – 7/10

The taste here isn't great, but it's by no means a big deal. In all honesty it isn't horrible, but it has that lingering effect that you continuously taste well after you downed the solution. I tried the watermelon, lemonade and the fruit punch flavors. I really didn't care for any of the flavors, and none stood out as substantially better among the rest.

Mixability – 8/10

The mixability here is alright. I have seen better, and have definitely seen much worse mixing creatines. It seems to mix fairly easily, but as typical creatine powders go it left some residue at the bottom of my shaker. There is no real issues here, as you should be drinking the mixture fairly quickly; so there shouldn't be an enormous gap of time in which a substantial amount of creatine settles at the bottom.

Content – 6/10

So here is where I have some issues. There is 3000 mg of creatine monohydrate per serving. That equates to 3 mg of monohydrate per scoop; where the serving size is 1 scoop. Typical dosing for bulk monohydrate is usually 5 grams preworkout, 5 grams post. A little more, even 5g per scoop would have been better. There is 1,500 mg of a prop blend that consists of the non-essential amino acid L-Aspartic Acid, Acetyl-L-Carnitine, and a few other things.

Effectiveness – 7/10

As per usual with my reviews, I will break down the category into a few subsection.

1. Strength Increase – 7/10
    Over the course of a few tubs I did see my strength go up a little bit. It was nothing spectacular, and I feel as if it could have had a greater effect had the creatine not been underdosed. I was not taking any other supplements at the time other than whey post workout and a multi, so I feel the results were accurate and fairly consistent over the course of 3 separate tubs.

2. Recovery – 5/10
    Typically, I see more of a recovery from creatine mono. It's never BCAA quality type of recovery, but usually it's enough to where it's noticeable and worthy of mention. Here there was no notable recovery.

3. Endurance – 7/10
    I did feel a slight endurance boost from this product. With creatine I tend to notice a slight increase in endurance during leg days, and this was no different.

Side Effects

I didn't have any side effects with this product. There was no bloating, or any noticeable water retention.

Value – 5/10

This is about 30 dollars for a 30 serving tub on BB.com. You can find it a bit cheaper here or there if you really look around, but the price isn't going to gravitate too much. IMHO the price is a bit too high for this product.

Overall – 7/10

Overall this isn't a terrible product. It could be a lot better if the creatine was not underdosed, and that's where a lot of the "room for improvement" should focus on for BPI. The price is steep for an underdosed creatine monohydrate product when micronized creatine monohydrate or Green Mag produces better results at a fraction of the price. There are just much better creatine products on the market today, and as a result, I would not be trying this product again.

IDK if I would recommend this, its not a terrible product, its just there are better cheaper alternatives out there. As I have said before, and will undoubtedly say again, nothing holds a candle to good ol' fashioned micronized creatine monohydrate.

September 29, 2012

• Drying Effect
    • Libido Boost
    • Strength
    • Bit Pricy
    What up SR crew? Blade has made it apparent to me that I haven't posted a review in quite some time haha. With that being said I have been sitting on this review for a few weeks and finally decided to get it done. The product I am reviewing today is Driven Sports aromatase inhibitor Triazole. In the past I have tried a few AI's such as Erase, Erase Pro, and the ever popular Licogenix. With the history out of the way lets jump right into the review.

Content – 10/10

Normally I like to keep the content section short, but this product is stacked with anti aromatase ingredients. From a content perspective this is the most stacked AI on the market today. This is going to be long, so buckle up. Let's start first with the herb Prunella Vulgaris. This herb has many uses, from AIDs research to internal bleeding. It is found in several medicines. This herb is hypothesized (by Driven Sports) to be a natural aromatase inhibitor by inhibiting the estrogen inducing enzymes.

Triazole also contains CAPE, which is just bee propolis. Triazole claims that bee propolis is SUGGESTED to actually displace estrogen from the receptor that it is bound to. They say CAPE itself might actually reduce the amount of estrogen receptors as well. These are some pretty bold claims, but Driven Sports isn't the first company to make such outrageous suggestions. They have a few other ingredients in there, such as maca root, curcuma longa root (fancy name for turmeric) and brassaoipsis glomerulata. All of these are believed to reduce estrogen in one capacity or another.

Taste/Dosing – 10/10

These are just caps with no taste at all. Dosing is not that complex, you take 3-4 capsules a day divided into two separate doses.

Effectiveness – 8/10

This is what everyone focuses on when they talk about a supplement. It doesn't really matter about the dosing, the taste or price if the product delivers. This is the area where Triazole is supposed to shine, and it really delivers. As usual with my reviews ill break down Effectiveness into a few applicable categories.

1. Joint Discomfort - 7/10
    So this may seem more like a con, but when it comes to AI's dry joints just means that the product is working. I had slight joint discomfort with Triazole. The South Asian shrub brassaoipsis blomerulata is supposed to support healty joint function along with working as an AI. Idk if it helped much, but after the first week I added some fish oil and that helped. Quite like Licogenix I felt the most discomfort in my knees.

2. Dryer Look – 10/10
    The "dry look" has become synonymous with aromatase inhibitors. While on Triazole I really noticed the dry look around the 3rd week. I really noticed the "dry look" during the second bottle.

3. Vascularity – 7/10
    I noticed a slight increase in vascularity in my forarms and biceps.

4. Recovery – 8/10
    I definitely noticed an increase in recovery. It wasn't Recover Pro or Xtend type of recovery but enough to where the next day after working legs I could still run or hit the ice for some laps. I didn't seem as worn out while in the gym either. It wasn't an increase in energy; it was more of my muscles being a little less sore.

5. Strength Increase – 9/10
    I saw a slight increase in my lifts. I say slight increase because apparently there are natty products out there being reviewed that claim an increase of 25lbs on all lifts. (If you get the reference insert the LOL here). I noticed I was able to get an extra rep or two when squatting or doing preacher curls. Maybe it was due in part to the recovery aspect but I wasn't as tired during workouts and that led to an increase in reps thus an increase in strength.

6. Libido – 10/10
    It baffles me how some people say that they had a decrease in libido while on this product. I had no issues here whatsoever, my libido actually increased.

Side Effects – N/A

I didn't have any noticeable side effects from Triazole. My buddy was running this at the same time with me and he had a slight increase in acne. IDK, I didn't have an acne issues with this product, but I guess everyone is different.

Value – 7/10

So Triazole is a bit expensive. It's about 40 bucks for one bottle. One bottle has 90 capsules in it; if you taking 4 a day that equates to about 22 ½ days. To get the maximum benefits out of Triazole you need to run two bottles. So yea, you get the point, it is pricy but it is worth it if you have the money.

Overall – 8/10

Overall this is a very good and underrated product. With all the hype and buzz about Erase then Licogenix, Triazole has been overlooked. Licogenix is cheaper, but effective wise Triazole can run with the best AI's on the market today.

May 9, 2012

• Great Absorption
    • High Quality
    • Good Recovery
    • Tastes Good For Being Hydrolysate
    • Pricey But Worth It
    Just about everybody serious about lifting takes a protein shake. The most popular one today by far has got to be ON's 100% Gold Standard. Today I will be reviewing a whey protein product that has been one of my favorites for quite some time and it's not Gold Standard, or any Optimum Nutrition product.

There are a few products out there that give ON's protein a run for its money, one of those products is Bio Nutritional Research Group's Proto Whey. Let's jump right into the review!

Mixability – 8/10

The mixibility is better than your average protein shake. I mixed the two scoops with water and never had any major issues. I mixed it a few times with milk and it did seem to integrate a little bit better; water or milk the mixability is nothing really to complain about here.

Content – 10/10

So this is where this product shines brightest. It has 20 grams of whey protein hydrolysate per serving. They whey protein has been hydrolyzed meaning it is smaller. This breakdown of the protein occurs as a result of enzymes and aids in absorption.

Normal whey, soy, and caseins undergo hydrolysis within your body, the issue is that not all of it might not become hydrolyzed and thus wasted. So some might claim that 20g is not a lot, but at least you know it will be utilized by your body as immediately upon ingestion the protein can be absorbed.

I'm not going to go through all the other ingredients, if you want to look check out protowhey.com. It's of notable to mention that if you get the café mocha flavor there is 35mg of caffeine in it.

Taste 7/10

The taste is alright here, nothing to write home about. I can think of a handful of proteins out there that taste better than this; we don't take this shakes for the flavor fullness though and really and truly the taste isn't that bad.

I have had the café mocha and the double chocolate flavor. The double chocolate is alright, tastes almost like hershey's dark chocolate with that classic bitter taste. The café mocha was good at first but I was sick of the taste before long.

Effectiveness – 10/10
    As far as effectiveness is concerned this deserves a perfect 10/10. I will break down effectiveness into a few applicable categories:

Recovery – 8/10
    I saw a noticeable increase in recovery while on this product. My muscles felt sore after intense workouts, workouts that usually leave me sore for at least a few days. It was most noticeable after working legs.

Strength – 8/10
    I did notice some strength gains, now this might be just because I was lifting hard but I felt it necessary to mention anyways.

Leaner Look – 9/10
    So this was something I didn't expect, but I actually leaned out a bit while on this. Nothing spectacular; but I looked a little bit leaner and at the time I was only taking creapure and the basics.

Value – 8/10

The value is ok for this. A 2lb tub will run you around 32 bucks, that's about the price of IsoFlex yet still cheaper than Hydrowhey, except in the Hydro you will only get 20 servings instead of the 26 with Proto. There are cheaper things out there, but for the effectiveness you can't beat it.

Overall – 9/10

This is an excellent protein. The taste could be better, but that is the nature of hydrolysate and one of the main reasons there are few pure ones out there. The taste really isn't that bad in all honesty; I think I have just been spoiled with IsoFlex, HydroWhey and MyoFusion. What is so great about this protein is that you take those 2 scoops, and you know your absorbing all 20grams of protein. Even though the price could be a little better, this is a product that is definitely worth spending the money on.

April 21, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Dryer Look
    • Vascularity Went Up
    • Strength Increase
      First of all thank you to JudgementDay and the boys at Athletix Sports for allowing me to try this product for free. Now that I have finished the bottle I have got quite a bit to say about it. First of all Licogenix is Athletix new anti aromatase product. Athletix Sports has been marketing this product for use in your PCT or as a standalone leaning agent. In the past I have tried PES Erase and was actually going to order Triazole next but then I got the Licogenix from Athletix. Now that the history is out of the way, let's jump right into the review.

This is nice an...

Content – 10/10

This is nice and simple; all this product contains is 450mg of Broussonetia Papyrifera Extract, nothing more nothing less. What's cool about the content is what it is actually supposed to do. This AI is supposed to be a potent aromatase inhibitor, antioxidant, increase insulin sensitivity, anti-inflammatory/anti-nociceptive and have hepatoprotective effects.

Taste/Dosing – 10/10

The caps are blue, and have no taste at all. I had one of those smoke burps once, it never was really an issue though outside of the one occurrence. The dosing is quite easy: "Take two capsules in the morning and two capsules in the evening with meals."

Effectiveness – 9/10

I really liked this product, I thought it was very effective and worked well for me. Like my other reviews I will break down Effectiveness into a few applicable sub categories:

1. Joint Discomfort – 9/10
      So some might consider this a con, well dry joints is a sign that the AI is working; I experienced that dry joint feeling within the first couple days of taking the Licogenix. I started taking fish oil and a joint supplement and I was fine. A day here or there I forgot to take fish oil/joint supplement and I would feel it in particular in my knees.

2. Dryer Look – 8/10
      Def. noticed a dry look after the second week on the Licogenix. It had that leaning out effect on me. I should note that I was on OxyECA as well.

3. Vascularity – 9/10
      This was such a plus from this product, usually products that say they increase vascularity don't do squat for me. Pink Magic or Yok3d did anything for me in terms of vascularity for example. The Licogenix really made a noticeable difference. I remember doing barbell shrugs and my buddy pointing out all the veins popping in my traps. I also noticed some vascularity in my chest which was new for me.

4. Recovery – 7/10
      So I noticed a slight increase in recovery, nothing spectacular just something to note.

5. Strength Increase – 8/10
      So I was on a recomp, taking OxyECA and Recreate as well. I noticed slight increases in dumbbell bench and just about all my back exercises (weighted pull-ups, cable row, ¾ row, t bar row) Again these were not PH type increases, but def something to mention.

6. Libido – 10/10
      Yea my libido went through the roof on this product.

Side Effects – N/A

There were no adverse side effects.

Value – 8/10

Doing a quick google search I found Licogenix for 29.99 on nutraplanet.com. A bottle of Licogenix has 120 pills in it; at 4 pills a day a bottle will you 30 days. Im sure if you look around more extensively you could find it cheaper. It's really not that expensive of a product.

Overall – 9/10

I was very satisfied with this product. I saw strength increases, libido increases, dryer look and an increase in vascularity. In comparing this to PES Erase, Licogenix wins hands down in every category. Erase is a good product but all the effects of Erase seem to be amplified with Licogenix, from vascularity to a dryer look; overall IMHO it's just a better AI.

The price isn't that bad either. I think PES Erase is around the same price but you get more than a 30 day supply out of the Licogenix. This is my new personal AI of choice, Athletix has really hit a home run with this product.

April 13, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Convenient Dosing
      • Fairly Priced
      • Easy To Remember Dosing
      • Luv The Ingredient Pro
      • Crash
      Hey everyone today I will be reviewing Lecheek Nutrition's OxyECA. Thanks to SSGdimsmash and the guys at LeCheek is in order for hooking me up with a bottle for free. OxyECA is Lecheek's thermogenic, and I got to say it will give the popular thermogenics out there a run for their money. In the past I have tried OEP, Recreate, Atro-Phex, Redline Ultra Hardcore and a few others I can't seem to remember at this point in time. With the history out of the way let's begin the review.

Content – 9/10

So not going to go through everything here in the ingredients, but just a few things I thought were important. So Oxy has 1,3,7 – Trimethylxanthine which is basically a caffeine derivative and 2-amino-4-methylhexane. The 2-amino-4-methyl is just an o-chem synonym for everyone's favorite stimulant 1,3, dimethylamylamine/dimethylpentylamine. Other ingredients include Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA), Green Tea Extract, Ginger Root, and White Willow extract along with a few other things.

Taste/Dosing – 10/10

So these caps have no taste whatsoever. They are white regular shaped capsules that go down easy with water. Dosing is not hard at all either; "Take 1 serving daily with a full glass of water. Do not exceed 2 capsules in a 24 hour period." I just took one cap in the morning with breakfast, and later in the day I took the second cap. You should start with one cap as this stuff is strong, but more on that in the Effectiveness section...

Effectiveness – 9/10

Like most of my recent reviews Effectiveness is too broad of a category so ill break it down into a few sub-sections:

1. Energy – 8/10

There was so much energy from these little pills. They are much stronger than OEP is crazy, there is def a reason why you shouldn't exceed two caps. So I took this with Recreate as well, and that had me bouncing off the walls, the OxyECA by itself was strong enough so I picked and chose the days when I stacked Recreate in.

2. Focus – 9/10
      So the focus was great on this, wanted to hit the weights and nothing else.

3.Fat Loss – 8/10
      So I was on a recomp when I ran this; I was still eating a good bit just quite a bit cleaner all around. I upped my intensity in the gym and increased my cardio which consisted of hockey/skating, swimming and running. I lost about 3lbs, which really isn't that much, but as far as a recomp goes I was happy. I looked a bit leaner around my midsection which was really the target area. Now I really wasn't fat at all, this was more to just get me to lean out a bit more and it did its job well.

4.Appetite Suppression – 10/10
      Appetite Suppression is a big factor when determining the quality of thermogenics. Usually thermogenics lose their appetite suppression effects after the second week of use with me. With OxyECA all the way to the last day my appetite was suppressed; seeing as I was running a recomp some days I would have trouble reaching my target calorie range of 2500-2750. OEP tends to lose its appetite suppression effect after a few weeks, but this kept on going strong and this is def one of the major selling points of this product.

Side Effects – 5/10

So there was only one side effect, and that was sluggishness. It is almost like a slight crash; when running this product working out in the morning/day is probably the best way to go. You just don't have the energy for those night time workouts. Day time workouts are great, lots of energy and focus, but night time workouts and a drag. On days when I stacked it Recreate the crash was horrendous if the Recreate wasn't timed right.

Value – 9/10

The value on this product is pretty good. I just googled OxyECA and clicked on the first link to total-nutrition.net and found a bottle of this for $28.95. Now this is a strong product and chances are you are going to start out with 1 pill for a few days or so, so this will last you more than a month. A similar supply of OEP will run you $37.95, clearly OxyECA of better value.

Overall – 9/10

Overall this was an excellent thermogenic. It helped suppress my appetite, lean me out, fat loss was there; it covers all the necessary elements needed to make it an effective product. From a value perspective this product is cheap, and drastically undercuts the price set for the competition.

OEP is the most popular thermo out there today.....well here is my final thoughts – OxyECA is not only a cheaper alternative, but it is also more effective than OEP. Yea seems like a crazy thing to say but yea, other than the sluggishness this beats out OEP is every category.

April 3, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Doses Are Small
      • Banned Substance Free
      • Mixes Very Well
      • No Results
      Whats up everyone? This review I have been prolonging for quite some time because in all honesty, I just don't like giving negative reviews. Today I will be reviewing ProMera's Health Con-Cret.

So quick backround; I love creatine, have tried basically every designer creatine and creatine blend on the market. So my experience in the creatine department is not lacking by any means what so ever. With that said lets jump straight into the review.

Taste – 9/10

So taste is never a make or break item when determining whether a supplement is of good quality or not. If something tastes bad but is quite effective (ex. Creatine Ethyl Ester) you suck it up and just endure the taste. This is not an issue you will have with this product. I had the unflavored and the Lemon Lime. The unflavored was really unflavored.

Usually when a creatine is unflavored it is accompanied by a slight bitter taste, but not this. It might actually be due to the fact that the doses are so small that there really is no room to taste anything at all. The Lemon Lime flavor was pretty darn good. Not too strong/overpowering or sweet, again I have a feeling this is because of how small the doses really are.

Mixability – 9/10

So the mixability was excellent here. The doses are so small that there really isn't that much powder to mix in the water at all. This is prob one of the best mixing creatines I have used.

Content – 10/10

So I really liked the content here. This product consists entirely of creatine hydrochloride. Basically its creatine bonded to HCL; HCL acts as the form of transportation for the creatine in your system. The makers say that "Con – Cret contains no sugars, no fillers, no binders, no buffing agents, no additives, no stimulants, and no banned or illegal substances." Whats also comforting to know is that Con –Cret is is made in the USA and complies with c(GMP) standards.

Effectiveness – 6/10

So this is what really irks me; on paper this is a great supplement, I just didn't respond to it at all. I didn't notice any strength gains or anything similar to what I experience with other creatines. So the first time I ran this was when it first came out, I was taking it with a bunch of other stuff and I didn't notice anything. I ran it a month before I started my Licogenix/OxyECA log and still had noticeable changes.

Recovery – 0/10
      Recovery wise I didn't notice much either. With other creatine products I notice a slight change in my recovery, with this I noticed nothing substantial.

Side Effects – NA
      So I had no issues, no bloating or water retention which was a plus.

Overall – 6/10
      Overall I really really wanted to like this product. It mixes well, the flavor is good; not too strong or overpowering and the value isn't that bad either. On BB.com its 34 bucks for 48 servings, and they have a coupon where you can get 20% off of that price. There are no sides, no bloating or water retention, but for me there was also no results. This is a shame, but everyone responds to supplements differently and I guess this is one of those products that is just not effective for me. I tried GNC's creatine 189 before in the past which is creatine HCL and that too didn't do much for me.
      Overall I think I would recommend this to someone to try, as I have several friends who did like it. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for anyone else. I hate it when people don't like a product and automatically assume its trash and wont work for anyone. This is a fairly popular creatine supplement which has worked for others so clearly some people are getting something out of the HCL bonded creatine. In my case though I think I will just stick to Green Mag and good ol' reliable micronized creatine monohydrate.

March 28, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Good Profile
      • Added Glutamine
      • Chocolate Flavor Is Great
      • Not A Great Value
      Night time protein – some eat cottage cheese and drink milk while others swear by casein; fearing the loss of muscle if a night time shake is missed. While a casein shake isn't mandatory, and building/gaining muscle can be accomplished without taking one, it sure as heck has some benefits. In the past I have tried two types of caseins, Dymatize Elite Casein and ON's Gold Standard 100% Casein with ON being my favorite. Well today's review will be on AllMax's CaseinFX, which IMO is the best Casein currently out; or at least the best when compared to Elite Casein and Gold Standard Casein.

...

Content – 9/10

So the content is pretty good. It has only 102 calories which is lower than both Gold Standard and Dymatize Casein's (both have 120 calories) along with 25 grams of protein. It is also fortified with an amino acid complex of growth stimulating glutamine, taurnie, glycine and glutamine precursors which AllMax say helps to stimulate growth and recovery speed. Im not going to go through all the ingredients but there is one other thing of notable mention and it's called BioCore EDGE. According to AllMax this BioCore EDGE is a "Patented Enzyme Activation Technology that literally increases the amount of absorption-ready amino acids to continually fuel your gains."

They continue to go on and say that this EDGE, enhances digestion by helping to break large molecules into bioavailable amino acid peptides. IDK about all of this, it sounds cool and all but I didn't really notice a difference in my digestion being enhanced or anything like that. Sounds like good marketing to me haha. Anyways I'll address this further in one of the subcategories under Effectiveness. The only thing I was a little disappointed in was that there was no BCAA's in the content like there is in the ON's casein.

Mixability – 9/10

So I gave Mixability a 9 here comparing it to the mixability of other Casein products. Compared to whey the mixability is terrible, but as far as caseins go it's pretty darn good. There will be a few clumps here or there and the shake is not completely smooth but it's a lot better compared to ON and Dymatize's casein. I usually would throw it in the blender with water or milk and down it right after without any major issues.

Taste – 7/10

So there isn't much to say here the flavor is ok. Compared to other caseins it's definitely my clear cut favorite, I was afraid to try the strawberry or vanilla and just stuck with the chocolate. IDK why it's so hard for these companies to make good tasting casein, I just feel like they could make this protein taste better. I used to dread taking the Dymatize shake in the night, you won't have that fear but I expected a better chocolate flavor coming from AllMax whose whey was fantastic. I didn't expect it to be as good as their whey, but def a little better.

Effectiveness – 9/10
      So like my other reviews I will break down effectiveness into a few applicable categories.

1.Appetite – 10/10
      With this product I definitely notice I was less hungry in the morning which was a big plus as I have a monster appetite when I wake up.

2.Recovery – 9/10
      I noticed my recovery went up while on this casein. I have noticed an increase in recovery with the other caseins I have taken in the past but it seemed a little more prevalent with this particular product.

3.Muscle Density – 9/10
      This was something that I wasn't expecting taking this product and came as a pleasant surprise. When I woke up in the morning or after breakfast I noticed my muscles were harder, an effect quite similar to the muscle hardness I felt while on Erase.

4.BioCore EDGE – 0/10
      IDK what to tell you here, I didn't notice anything here. I didn't notice anything digestive wise or any other factor that I could rate.

Value – 6/10

So the value here isn't great, if you look on BB.com it's only a dollar more than ON's casein. If you were to look around though the price for AllMax's casein doesn't drop too much though while ON's Casein can be found cheaper.

Overall – 8/10

Overall this is a very good product, and it's better than the other caseins you have to choose from. This is something I will use in the future, it is a bit pricey and it's not something that will be a staple supplement, but if you can afford it is something that is worth trying out. From an effectiveness stand point it is better than Gold Standard and Dymatize but not by a whole ton, where this shines is the mixability, and taste (while not spectacular better than the competition) which can be a breaking point for some people when it comes to casein. This is just another solid product in the AllMax lineup!

March 22, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Immune Complex
      • Joint Complex
      • Full Of Neccesary Vitamins
      • A Little Expensive
      I have said in the past I think taking a multi is important; as sometimes it's hard to get every single nutrient, mineral and vitamin from your meals. Sometimes you're busy, you don't eat healthy or life just happens. Today I will be reviewing Controlled Labs multi vitamin Orange Triad.

Content – 10/10

As far as content is concerned this has everything your typical multi vitamin has and more. It has your typical vitamins A, C, D, E, K, B12 and more minerals than I care to list. Controlled Labs claims to have vitamins/minerals in this product that are supposed to help with optimal digestion, joint lubrication and aid in immune system function.

According to Controlled Labs "The Joint and Flex Complexes help lubricate joints and cartilage as well as increase the resiliency of connective tissue, while the Digestion and Immune Complex includes digestive aids, and nutrient partitioning agents to take your performance to the next level." The Joint and Flex Complexes includes Glucosamine and Chondroitin sulfate which is nice along with some other stuff. Another plus to this vitamin is that it contains no iron.

Dosing – N/A

So the dosing is 3 tablets in the morning and 3 in the evening, preferably with breakfast and dinner. The dosing is kind of annoying as it's easy to forget to take both doses if you have a hectic schedule.

Effectiveness – 9/10

Im going to break down effectiveness into a few applicable categories:

1. Immunity – 10/10
      So I started taking this around early February when the weather was still deplorable and colds were rampant. Well I didn't get sick, sure I was drinking tons of orange juice and eating well but I would like to think that this product did contribute to my good health.

2. Digestion - ?/10
      Idk about this one, I didn't notice any nutrient partitioning effects whatsoever or any significant change in digestion that I could attribute to the multi. Nothing went wrong digestive wise maybe that could have been because of the Orange Triad.

3. Joint and Flex Complex
      This was definitely one of the most noticeable effects of this multi. Joints felt a little better all around and it was a pleasant surprise. Normally when you take a multi you're not looking to joint support effects. It's nothing spectacular, if you're having major problems this isn't really going to help but for the everyday wear and tear this will work wonders. I noticed the effects most after heavy barbell chest day.

4. Optimizing Results from Training – 9/10
      I put this in here because of the fact that Controlled Labs "Over time, muscles, tendons, and ligaments take longer to recover which means you can't train them as often as you would like. Nutritional support is key to getting optimal results from your training.*" They don't directly come out and say that this will help but allude to that conclusion by saying that you can gain nutritional support which will help achieve this goal. Well I felt great while on this, trained well and made progress in my training.

Side Effects – N/A

I exhibited no adverse side effects while on this multi vitamin.

Value – 7/10

So the value isn't that great. You're going to pay around $30 for 270 tablets. A serving is 3 tablets, and you need to take 6 tablets for the full benefits. I tried taking 1 serving but found the 2 servings (one serving in the morning for breakfast the other with dinner) to be slightly more effective as joints felt a little bit sorer with just a single serving. Assuming your taking two servings a day, this is only going to last you 45 days.

Overall – 9/10

Overall this is a pretty good multi vitamin. Usually I have the mindset that all vitamins are basically the same and One A Day or Opti Men is really not going to make that much of a difference. Well, taking this will not make or break your training, but it has a few extra things in there that do separate it from the rest of the multi vitamins out there. If you have the money to spend this would be a good vitamin to look into as this is something I plan to continue taking in the future.

February 24, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Bitter Cee Taste
      • Consistent Strength Gains
      • Affordable
      • Great Flavor
      • Noticable Endurance Increase
        I have literally been meaning to write a review on Controlled Labs Green MAGnitude for months. Green MAG is Controlled labs creatine product. They make some pretty big claims with this product, but as far as im concerned they have exceeded expectations in just about every category. Let's get started with the review.

Taste – 9/10

When you are taking a creatine product you generally are not thinking about the taste....cause let's face facts a lot of the artificially flavored creatine products out there taste terrible. And what's worse is that the unflavored is just as bad generally leaving a bitter aftertaste (ex: GNC Creatine Monohydrate Unflavored). What originally scared me was the creatine ethyl ester in this product. My first experience with CEE was with PrimaForces CEE and I gotta tell you it was terrible and bitter, a true horror to down.

Controlled Labs hit a home run here in the taste department which completely masked the taste of the CEE. Controlled laLbs claim the flavor is juicy. IDK if I would use juicy as the right adjective to describe the taste, but the flavor is excellent. I have had both the Sour Green Apple and the Electric Lemonade flavor. Both are really good, I liked the Sour Green Apple a little bit better. The Sour Green Apple really isn't that sour if you're filling your shaker with 18-20oz of water. When you dip below the 15oz it get a little tart and sour, it's not necessarily a bad thing. Some days I would put less water.

Mixability – 8/10

The mixibility of the product was decent. Nothing spectacular, but not terrible enough to warrant it any lower than an 8. As with most creatine powders you constantly have to shake your shaker before taking a swig or risk copious amounts of residue settling at the bottom of your container.

Green Mag is not different, it's not really a problem; there are much worse mixing creatines out there. As long as you're stirring up the contents before each drink you will not have any issues here.

Content – 9/10

So the bulk of the contents of Green Mag are a 5,000mg combination of both magnesium creatine chelate, and dicreatine malate in full doses. It also contains betaine anhydrous which is supposed to help neutralize lactic acid. There is a few other things throw in there, L-Taurine, L-Tyrosine and some magnesium. According to CL these were added to support volumizing, ergogenic, and cognitive benefits.

Effectiveness – 9/10

Effectiveness is too broad of a category to rate this product. As a result I will break down this category into a few sub categories.

1. Strength Increase – 9/10
        So I saw minor strength increases in a few of my lifts. The most notable one was dumbbell flat bench. Every other week instead of barbell I perform my chest routine with dumbbells. Well I had hit a road block, a bit time plateau on both flat and incline dumbbell press. Well I def got through that plateau, the weights just felt a little lighter.

**I should mention I was taking Purus Labs Muscle Marinade at the time; 300mg of caffeine and 80mg of 1,3, dimeth will really fire up the engine so idk if all my strength gains can be attributed to the creatine.

2. Recovery – 7/10
        I didn't feel as sore as I normally would, sure it wasn't RecoverPro or MBCAA recovery good but definitely something to take notice of.

3. Endurance – 8/10
        Ok so this was the nice thing about this product, I felt like I had a little more left in the tank. It was the most noticeable on working drop sets of leg press. I was able to get a rep or two more out of each drop set which could have been a factor in my strength increase.

~Side Effects~
        So I had some bloat side effects. It was weird as I have never had the creatine "bloat" before with any other creatines I have used in the past. It wasn't a big deal, just something to note.

Value – 9/10

Value on this is pretty darn good IMO. On bodybuilding.com you can get an 80 serving tub for $39.99, that equates to a little less than 50 cents per serving. If you look around you will find it a few bucks cheaper.

Overall – 9/10

As far as I am concerned this product has done just about everything it claims to do and more. It's not really expensive, and it works. There are so many supplements out there that have these outrageous claims where the product itself is a far cry from the expectations its set out to fulfill. This creatine really delievers, and it's refreshing to see a supplement that actually does what it claims it does as opposed to most of the garbage being peddled out there today.

Green Mag has been around for a while, yet somehow it has flown under the radar for quite some time. This is one of the better creatines on the market, if you're feeling bold enough to step away from the trusted micronized creatine (still the best creatine on the market IMO) this would be an excellent addition to any stack.