killaz5

• Member has been active for 6 years, and was last online 2 years ago

Reviews by killaz5

Overall
Overall
6.9
Thanks to Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for sending it out!
  January 19, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Quick Recovery
  • Well Balanced Sleep Aid Ingredients
  • Deep Rem Sleep
  • Too Tired In The Morning
  • Tired/drowsy In The Morning

I would first like to say thank you to the SR TROOPS and big Ronnie Coleman for making this product available for review.
This was a tough one for me to rate. For a product such as this, I look for better sleep quality sleep, and in turn better recovery. Although this delivered in those aspects, I'll explain below why I gave it the rating I did.

First off, props for listing everything in full doses. I'll post a picture in the review of the label, so I won't go to in depth, but I think everything is dosed pretty solid. I thought it was interesting they included aminos and a "leucine trifecta". Giving the muscles a little something to feed on while you sleep is never a bad thing I suppose.

I had strawberry watermelon, and I thought it was great. Tasted exactly how it sounds. Mixability was average, though on par with other similar products I've used. A little settling if you don't chug it. Just add an extra swish of water at the end and you're good to go. No issues here.
First off the label recommends 5 days on 2 off. The actual dosing for me was tricky. Started with a half scoop, and got not much. Upped it to one scoop the next day, and it was far to heavy. I slept through my alarm, which is very obnoxiously loud, for 20 minutes. And I never do that. I found about 3/4 scoop was all I needed.

This is were it got interesting. Like I mentioned earlier, what I mainly look for in a sleep aid is better sleep, and better recovery. I'm prepping for a meet, and as the weight gets heavier I feel I need more rest days in between workouts. This definitely added in that, and i had noticeable improvement in recovery when I took this, which I am missing now that it's been gone. The problem was most days while I did feel I recovered and slept well, I just had the worst sleep hangover, which I'll get into below.
I don't feel this really helped me fall asleep, but I don't usually have a problem with that anyway unless I took a PWO to late at night.
This did deliver for me, I just had a hard time finding an effective dose that was worth the side effect of being shot all day

This is decent value in my opinion. You can get 25 servings for $25.99 on Amazon, so just over a dollar a serving. If you can get away with less than a scoop like I did, the value only goes up. I think it's fairly priced.

Side Effects

This is the real draw back for me. I thought I've had a sleep hangover from other similar products, but nothing like this. I literally could not wake up. I took until about 12-1 in the afternoon to actually be fully alert, which was miserable, and I drive a truck, so you can see how this could be a problem. I really struggled to finish this, because even though it worked wonders, it just wasn't worth being half asleep all day. I also found the I had a hard time falling asleep for almost week after I stopped using this, which is rare for me, so worth noting. I'm sure this is why it's recommended you take 2 days off.

Conclusion

Overall, I don't think I'd look to this one again. There are other similar products out there that don't leave me tired all day. However I do know a lot of people like this product, and I've enjoyed other RCSS products, so this could just be an off one for me. It does work well in terms of recovery, so give it a go if your looking for something new, but don't be surprised if you don't wake up the next day.

Overall
Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
  December 14, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Simple Profile
  • Excellent Energy At Proper Dose
  • Lackluster Pumps
  • My Intestines Are Now Blue

First of all, I would like to thank Cellucor for participating our TROOPs program. Like many of us here, I am certifiably a pre-workout junky. I've tried many pre-workouts, including the O.G. C4, and the newer generation version of the products. I have a hard time getting motivated to get off my butt after long days at work, so I rely more than I would like to admit on pre-workouts most days to get me going. So without further ado, lets dive in.

Pretty run of the mill here, nothing that really stands out to much. I like the inclusion of velvet bean, though it's likely under dosed. Some ingredients are listed in their dosages, and some are in a blend. To be honest, out of all the ingredients I would like to know how much caffeine is in the product, and of course that is what is in the blend. Like the name of the product suggest, there is 50% more of the main ingredients, however at one scoop they are still under dosed. At 1.5 scoops you get a solid dose of beta alanine and still an under dosed creatine. I supplement with my own anyway so no big deal for me. Biggest gripe here is not disclosing how much caffeine is in the product.

I had the Icy Blue Razz flavor, which tastes as expected, and is good. I started with one scoop, and it was a touch weak for liking. Jumped to two scoops, and it was far to much for me. BIG jump from one scoop. I had bad jitters, shakes my heart was pounding on heavy sets to the point it effected my workouts. If i had to guess, I'd put my money on two scoops being in the 500mg range at least. I found just over a scoop, to 1.5 scoops on days i was really dragging fit my needs well.
Mixability was also on point. But good lord, lay off the dyes. I have never in my life seen such a blue supplement. Picture when people put that thing in their toilet water to make it blue. It is just ridiculous and I'm sure my intestines are permanently stained.

As far as giving me a kick to get up and going to the gym, this was effective. Like I've mentioned before I work decently long hours of physical work, so I rely on stims to get me going, and in this aspect, it delivered. It was enough to last me through my workouts, and had a smooth come down with minimal crash, which was nice. However regarding a pump, or enhanced focus, this was meh. To be fair, I train for strength so I don't chase the pump, however some of my workouts delve into higher rep ranges for sure and I can't say this increased a pump for me. However like I said the energy clean and present, and to me this is most important anyway. So no huge complaints from me in this department.

This comes in a 30 and 45 serving tub, and the cheapest I found it for was either Amazon for the 30 serving for $28.42 or 0.95 a serving, and lucky vitamin, which I have never heard of, which has the 45 serving for $42 or 0.93 a serving. To me, this value is average. I think there are better pre workouts, for similar price point. However the accessibility is nice, and sometimes it is nice just to go back to the basics.

Side Effects

At 2 scoops a little to much stims, a bit jittery and shaky. My own fault, other than that, some slight G.I. Distress some days, but nothing terrible.

Conclusion

Overall, this is the basic white girl of pre workouts. In my opinion, there are better options for similar price points, but you can never go wrong with C4. It gets the job done, which is all I really could ask for from a pre-workout. I would buy this again when I'm feeling nostalgic, or just want to go back to the basics. Also a good recommendation for a newbie I'm the pre workout world who is a big coffe drinker.
Thanks again Cellucor for the opportunity to try and review this product!

Thanks to GTN® Fuel Your Performance. for sending it out!
  December 1, 2015

Pros:
 Cons:
  • 7 Sources Of Protein
  • Taste Is Great
    I would like to thank GT Nutrition and the SR TROOPS program for making this product available for review. GT Nutrition also threw in a nifty shaker cup, which is now one of my favorites second only to my SR shaker, which is a prized possession of mine of course. They also sent a sample of each of their other flavors, which I thought his was a classy move as well. Although I did receive this free of charge, this will still be my honest review for Power 7.

Lately, I've been really enjoying the blended proteins over straight whey. I think it makes it a more practical, and versatile product. This is a blend of seven different sources of protein, hence the name, including whey, casein, egg white, and soy. I like the fact that it has a few grams of fat, which I assume are from the sunflower oil, and I also enjoy that there are some carbs and decent amount of fiber as well. This all to me, lends it to a more versatile product, and more practical as an anytime protein supplement to do just that, supplement your protein intake for your diet.

I had the strawberry cake flavor, which was delicious in my opinion. Mixed in water, it was a great creamy consistency, and a really nice change from the hum-drum of chocolate flavored proteins. I was also sent a free sample of each of the other flavors as mentioned earlier. The chocolate was great, vanilla was decent, and the banana flavor was meh. I could see someone who likes banana flavors really like that one though.
    Where this product shines the most for me, was when I drank it. I will go into more detail about this in the effectiveness section, but I dosed this first thing in the morning, and post workout when necessary.
    Mix ability was also perfect, just a few shakes and it was ready to go, every time. No clumps or anything weird like that.
    Only thing I find weird, one serving is two scoops. This makes no sense to me, just make the scooper big and make it one scoop. Maybe it saves money or something idk, not a deal breaker or anything, just a note.

I wake up pretty early for work, driving a truck. I can't eat first thing when I wake up,my stomach just won't take it, so I usually don't eat anything until after I get to my first stop of the day, which is close to two hours after I wake up. A protein shake however, I can manage to chug down on my morning commute. The fact that this is a blend, and even has some healthy fats, and carbs makes this much more practical as a first breakfast than plain whey. It also kept me somewhat full until I got to eat real breakfast at my first stop. This to me was huge, and changed my morning routine forever.
    Same for post workout. I gave up the idea of needing a shake right after a workout nowadays, I just pound a big meal, but sometimes if dinner isn't ready I'll drink the shake, and it works well for this too. I won't lie, I do often drink the shake with dinner because it was delicious, and I'm a fat powerlifter that likes protein.
    No GI distress or protein farts to speak of, and made in the good old U.S. of A.
    A+ from me here.

This is the only spot where I have a bit of a gripe. This is only available in a 30 (actually ~31) serving tub. You can get it for anywhere from 32-35 bucks, making this slightly above a dollar a serving. To me is neither expensive nor cheap. What I really would like to see is a 5lb or even 10lb tub to bring the cost per serving down. Either way this is a quality product, which as become a new favorite of mine, and is in my opinion worth the money.

Side Effects

No sides to mention.

Conclusion

Overall, this really is my new favorites, and I will be using this for the foreseeable future. I already ordered a tub, and am getting two more as Christmas goodies. It taste great, and is a great alternative to straight whey protein products. If your tired of usual protein, give the strawberry a go, you will enjoy it.

November 9, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Amazing Rest
    • Great Recovery
    • Awesome Dreams
    • Need A Full 8hrs Of Sleep
    • Anxiety

Hey guys, this review is long over due. I'd like to thank Momo, and CTD Sports for making this available to the SR community. I received this as part of a monthly contest, we were allowed to select any product from their line, so I chose Noxitropin pm.

I feel sleep, and recovery are the most over looked aspect of training for almost everyone. All of us (or most) bust our butts at the gym, try to eat right, but when it comes to sleep and recovery, we all seem to be okay with performing less then optimally in this aspect. Or atleast I know I do. That was why I was interested in this product.

The major claims of this product are rest full sleep (R.E.M.), HGH production, Muscle recovery, and leaner and harder physique, as stated on the tub.

I like the profile. I will post the picture of all the ingredients below. The only thing I wish it had was melatonin. I am by no means a chemist, but I did do a bit of research before I committed to this review, and I'll share what I found on some of what I believe to be some of the more interesting ingredients:

4-amino-3phenylbutyric acid, also known as phenibut, is a derivative of GABA(GABA, listed as gama amino butyric acid is the second ingredient). However, phenibut seems to be able to cross the blood barrier more effectively then GABA itself. With Phenibut, the additional phenyl-ring allows greater blood-brain-barrier permeability and attaches to the GABA receptor complex. It is also a primary central nervous system inhibitory neurotransmitter.

It has many uses, including treatment for anxiety, PTSD, depression, insomnia, as well as a host of others. I also read that it may have potential to increase HGH levels, but I did not find to much evidence to support this. My guess is that it causes drowsiness, making you fall asleep, which is why it helps to produce HGH. It also has potential use as a nootropic, which I thought was interesting.

Macuna Pruriens, is a bit more common of an ingredient these days we see in more products. It contains L-dopa, which is used to treat Parkinson's. Other uses include anxiety, arthritis, as well has hyperprolactinemia, or high levels of prolactin. This is what interest us in our quest for gains. If I'm not mistaken, prolactin is necessary in small amounts, but at high levels of prolactin causes higher levels of estrogen. Lowering prolactin levels, lowers estrogen hence raising testosterone.
    I also read about dopamine increasing your sleep quality, helping to enter REM sleep, therefore increasing HGH levels, which should aid in muscle recovery and growth. I also found a study that suggested people who are deprived of REM sleep, benefited more from this then people who enter REM regularly.

Also noteworthy, for people who take many stimulants such as myself, you may have low levels of dopamine, so the L-dopa from mucana Pruriens may increase your dopamine levels, as well as aid I'm sleep, and increase positive mood as well.

Some of this was a bit tricky, so some of my interpretation may be slightly off, so please feel free to delve into a few of the sources I used more thoroughly if you are interested.

They also listed beta-phenyl-y-aminobutyric acid ethyl ester hcl, as well as gama-beta-hydroxybutryic acid in addition to the pheiubit and GABA earlier in the list of ingredients. These are the same things, just a different form of the compound to my understanding.

It is reccomnded to use 1-2 scoops 30 minutes prior to bed time. Easy enough. I recommend starting with less then 1 scoop, as this stuff is potent. I ended up finding my sweet spot to be 10 grams (7.5g serving) and only went higher when I knew I had plenty of time to sleep. I didn't take this on days I got less than 6 hours of sleep, as I know I would not have woken up.

Taste was pretty good, and it grows on you. I had the berry banana flavor, and it tasted as expected. A bit chemically, but I believe this is to be expected from the ingredients in this product. If you ever had the old school version of noxipro, this reminded of of that flavor.
    My only gripe is there was always some settling at the bottom. Shake as you may, it will always be there, and the granules that don't dissolve taste disgusting.

Plain and simple, this stuff works well. I woke up well rested, and ready for the day. I truly believe it delivers in all categories it claims, except for the leaner harder physique.
    This stuff didn't put me to sleep, but man once I was out, I was out cold. I don't usually dream, or atleast remember them, but I had vivid dreams every single time I took this, which to me is a sign that I have reached REM. And they were long dreams, they seemed to never end, which to signifies reaching REM several times, and staying in REM longer.
    From other research I have done, REM is when your body is releasing HGH, so the longer I am in REM, the more HGH that should be released.

However where I feel this really shines, is recovery. I didn't even really notice it until I stopped takin this. I was never excessively sore when I took it, even after hard leg days. I waited a few weeks after finishing the tub to write this, and I can say I definitely notice the difference. This to me was the best part, and also a clear sign of the HGH being released, as well as just attesting to better quality sleep, therefore the recovery.

40 serving tub, on average goes for about $30. This seems on par with other products in its category. Even considering I used slightly more then a serving, and I know some people have used 2 scoops, considering the effectiveness I believe this is a solid value. I have a few other things I want to try, but I would definitely buy this for myself, as well as recommend it to others.

Side Effects

The only side I experienced was slight anxiety the first few nights of dosing. Perhaps it was just me getting nervous, as I was never s fan of things like NyQuil that force you to sleep, but either way it subsided after about a week and never happened throughout the rest of my usage.
    I did not get the "hangover" that others experienced with this. I was cautious not to take it if I didn't think I'd get enough sleep, because I saw others had this problem. Also, I waited several weeks to write this as I mentioned before, and I did not find this addictive as other reviewers claimed. Maybe it was because I skipped a few nights here and there, but once the tub was gone, I had no problems falling asleep. The quality of sleep was slightly worse, but it was the same as it was before I started this product, so no complaints from me here.

Conclusion

Plain and simple, this delivers. If you want better sleep, and faster recovery, give this a go. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

7.1
    Thanks to Cellucor for sending it out!
      October 25, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Decent Recovery
    • Decent Pumps
    • Good Endurance
    • Strong Artificial Flavor

First off I received this product via the SR TROOPS program, and would like to thank Cellucor for participating here in our program. This will still be my honest and unbiased review for their Performance Aminos.

----Ingredient profile--- B-

----Ingredient profile--- B-
    To me, BCAA products are somewhat of a luxury product. I enjoy the benefits they offer, but cannot always afford the get them into the stack. Performance aminos profile looks decent. I attached a picture of the label, and we all understand what aminos are for, so I will just point out a few pros and cons I thought are noteworthy. This is in a proprietary blend, which I am not a huge fan of, but it's something you just are going to have to deal with. Atleast they break it down into 3 sections, so you can have a little more accuracy in your guess work trying to decipher the ingredient amounts. Several different types of leucine, including leucine nitrate which I thought was a nice. I also liked the inclusion of he Hydromax glycerol powder. The alpha amino complex also boasts a very nice list of ingredients, however they are all underdosed in my opinion, being the whole blend is only 2500 mg. It seems to me they are assuming you are going to take more than once scoop, or they added this blend at the end to make it look like a more well-rounded profile.

B
    I received the lemon-lime flavor. It was actually quite tasty, though far to sweet. Also lemonade would have been a more appropriate name, as it tasted just like that powdered lemonade you buy in grocery stores. I found I needed much more water the the container reccomended, about double, for the flavor to be to my liking. My only other gripe is with the dyes. Please, less dyes.

Also worth noting, I always took this with my pre workout. I have always done this, as I find it more effective. However for the sake of this review, I was going to try to take it intra, but it made me very nauseous every time I drank it during a workout. I think it was just the sweetness of the product during a workout rather than the ingredients, as this never happened when I took it pre workout, which was the majority of my dosing. Once or twice I brought it to work with me to work to drink through out the day, but for the most part I only took it on workout days just mixed in with my pre workout powder.

B+
    I do believe this product was doing what it is supposed to. I waited a few days to write this review to see if I noticed a difference without taking it, and albeit it slight, I do think I have a little less gas in the tank after high rep sets. While taking this I think it helped my recovery in between sets, as I have been able to add triples with 30 second rest, and still hit all my reps.
    I don't think it is a make or break for my workout, but for those trying to maximize performance anywhere they can, aminos can give you that extra push, and I think this product delivered in that aspect.
    Also worth mentioning, I believe this contributed to the pump some workouts as well, from the nitrates and the glycerol. Nothing extreme, but I do believe it helped some here too As well.

C+

The average price for this seems to be right around 30 bucks for a 30 serving container. It's a touch high for me, but to be honest it's right about on par with other products in its category and I think it's appropriately prices. If you shop around, you can almost always find deals on Cellucor products too. I believe BB.com has this buy 2 get one free, so you save a bit there if you're a bargain shopper. The only time this starts to get ridiculous is if you take more than one scoop a day. Taking 2 scoops, which I assume some people do, makes this $2/serving. That is just to pricey for me. However I found one scoop sufficient for my needs, so take that as you will.

Side Effects

The only side effect as mentioned earlier was when I took this intra was slight nausea due to excessive sweetness. Taking pre workout instead solved this problem.

Conclusion

Overall this is a product I would take again if I end up with some extra cash for the month, and a product I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

Overall
    Thanks to Astromic Nutrition for sending it out!
      October 10, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • No Prop Blends
    • Good Pumps
    • Fast Acting
    • Mind WonderingNot Focused

Hey guys this is my review for Astromic Nutritions stim-free pre workout, DNO. I received this as part of the TROOPS program, but will still be an unbiased review.

One of the main things I liked about this profile, is everything is appropriately dosed, and in fully disclosed amounts. It's nice to know exactly what is going in to your body. Most of the ingredients are basics, which other reviewers have done a great job of outlining, however I would like to highlight a few.
    Pikatropin, which I am not sold on, is a nootropic. The hope i...

Pikatropin, which I am not sold on, is a nootropic. The hope is that this will give you cognitive focus and mental stimulation.
    Glycerol, in the form of the trademark Hydromax, is supposed to help keep you maintain your water levels, or stay hydrated, and bring water into the muscles, causing a wet pump.
    Betaine, starting to show up in more supplements these days, is supposed to aid in muscle protein synthesis and improve athletic performance.

I took this right before the drive to the gym(about a 15 minute drive)and off to lift I went. I had the tropi-colada flavor, and it was pretty good. Not the best I ever had, but definitely a nice change of pace from the hum drum regular flavors you get from most pre workouts. There was definitely some chalkiness in the texture, but it mixed well.

My only gripe, was as another reviewer mentioned, the scooper is inaccurate, up to +/- 3 grams, every single scoop I used. I tried doing level, heaping, in the middle, slightly below, but not once was my scoop ever the exact 16.8g dose. I think it is because the powder is so fine, some times it gets packed down tighter and thus weighs more, or you try to scoop lightly and it stays fine and your scoop is light.

This is were this product lost some points for me. Don't get me wrong, I did have some great workouts while on this, and I believe the stimulant free category has a purpose, but this one was just hit or miss from me. I believe it depends on the mind set you are in going in to the workout, on how effective this product was. Let me explain.

The energy was just okay. I work a physical job 45-50 hours a week, and the days I came home tired, this just wouldn't do it for me. I'd get to the gym, and be very relaxed, or calm. It's hard to describe, but it wasn't a mindset that made me want to rip weight off the floor. I'd drag towards the end of my workout, and crash hard after I got home.
    Days that I was off from work, or just mentally ready, I had great workouts, and was a bit more mentally prepared, and had better endurance. This is why I'm not sold on the pikatropin, I think it really depends on your mindset going in to the dose on what your going to get out of it. Where caffeine just amps you the hell up. I think though as another reviewer also mentioned, pikatropin could be used as an effective study aid.

Where this product shines for me is the pump. I got some pretty gnarly lower back, and chest pumps while on this which I attribute to the glycerol And perhaps the nitrates coming from the beet extract. Either way, the pumps are nice. I did have agmatine thrown in to the mix most workouts, but I believe the pump produced exceeded what I usually get from agmatine alone.

I believe the only place you can pick this up is the Astromic nutrition website, clocking in at $43 bucks and change. It's a bit hefty, especially considering it's a 20 dose tub. Granted, it is a true one scooper, but I still think the 35$ price mark, or at least under $40 would make this product more appealing.

Side Effects

No negative side effects were noticed for me.

Conclusion

Overall, I think this is a decent product. It has a nice profile, and a CEO who really cares about his product. This is the product that I would recommend to someone if they said they wanted to cycle off stims, but still wanted to have a pre workout supplement. Other than a few other reasons I can think of where stimulant free may be useful, this would not be my first choice due to price, and spotty effectiveness for me.

Thank you AstromicJosh for participating in the TROOPS program, and for letting me have the opportunity to try and review this product.

November 6, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Cool Metal Canister
    • Wish It Was Not A Blend
    • Potentially Under Dosed
    Joint health supplements are among one of the most over looked in the arsenal of someone who is doing heavy lifting frequently. Forged was neither the worst, nor the best that I have ever taken.

Taste/Dissolve-abiliy- 9

These are purple caps, that don't really have any taste or smell to speak of. When you leave them in you're mouth for a minute, they start dissolving pretty well, so I give it a 9 in this category.

Profile-6

Taste/Dissolve-abiliy- 9

Profile-6

This contains all the average ingredients, such as Glucosamine, and Chonodroitin sulfate, etc. The most notable however, being Cissus Quadrangularis. This is seen in USP Supper Cissus, and claims to have joint restorative properties. The thing scares me though, is that there is about 6 different Ingredient profiles that you can find online. A little sketchy to me. Also, this is in a blend, and I'm guessing almost everything is severely under dosed. I had to double the serving in to get any effect out of this.

Effectiveness-6

Not to say this doesn't work, it just didn't work well, and I had to double the dosing to get any results. I did have some slight shoulder pain that I have been experiencing for a while disappear, but I also have nagging aches in my elbows, and back from wrestling and this did little to nothing for this. I did notice on days I didn't take this was a bit stiffer, but nothing to call home about. I have had much better results from many other products.

Value: 7

I picked up two little canisters of this for 20 dollars shipping included when it was on sale at lockout. This sounds like a great deal, but you have to keep in mind, there are only 60 caps per container. Dosing at 4 caps per day, I went through two bottles in 30 days. For a joint supplement, especially one that is just average, this is to much for my blood.

Overall:7

This is not a terrible product, and as well all know we all react differently so you may have a better experience then me. I have also never tried a Cissus based product before, so I don't even know if I am a responder. If you have some light aches, and can find it on sale, perhaps give this ago, but I am sure there are better products out there.

October 30, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Very Convenient
    • Kind Of Bulky
    I received this shaker with the stack of Jacked Micro and Test powder to log and review. Although I was not specifically asked to review this, I thought it was a very classy touch to include a little extra something like this. It really shows that USP values their customers, and I was so fond of it it prompted me to write a review.

I am a college student, and work almost every day. It is difficult to find time to work out in the first place, and even harder to find time to run home, take all my sups, and get to the gym. I was always the guy who put all my powders in one ziplock, and my pills in another. I never even noticed what a hassle it was until I received this.

The compartment on the bottom screws off, and has a cap that screws off as well. You can fit any powder you like in there, from protein, to you're PWO, creatine, whatever. The top also has two compartments to store you're various pills for the day. Very convenient.

I usually would put all my PWO stuff right in the shaker, and my protein in the bottom container. This way all I have to do is fill it up with some water on my way out of class, chug it, and I still have my protein in a separate compartment for after.

It also comes with a mesh filter to help mix, which I found very effective for protein powder's that are a little stubborn. The funnel was a nice touch, but I don't really see the need for it when the top of this bottle is so wide. When I used to mix my powders in to a water bottle, this would be convenient, as I used to just fold a piece of paper in half and "funnel it in". I suppose if you like to put you're bcaa's in a water bottle, this will be very useful to you. For me, the funnel is just something nice to look at. However the few times I have found use for it, there is very little residue and a quick blow through the funnel and it is clean. No clinging powders to the side.

Overall, this is my new favorite shaker. It is a cool red color, very convenient, and you can find it as low as 6 bucks if you shop around. Even on USP direct it is only 10 buck so its very reasonably priced and has a lot of extra functions. It is a bit bulky, but I personally like being able to put a lot of water in, and when you screw the bottom attachment off it becomes a lot more manageable. Next time you drop you're shaker and its time to grab a new one, I would defiantly just pick this up.

October 29, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increase In Strength
    • Gained Lean Muscle
    • Overall Better Mood
    • Good Pumps
    • Great Results
    • Crazy Dumps
    • A Bit Expensive
    Hello SR crew, this is my review for Test Powder. I would like to again thank all the guys over at USP who made it possible for me to log this. I have finished two bottles (8 week cycle) of this to date, and was very pleased with this product.

I stacked the first bottle with a PWO, and creatine, bcaa's. The second half, I used just TP and Jacked micro. This stack was great, but this review will be based on TP alone.

Value: 7

I figured I would start with the easiest. A bottle of Test Powder is going to run you about 35-40 bucks or more depending on where you but it. Considering you can get 2 bottles of other leading test boosters for the same price, this is a bit steep. You get 24 servings (2 scoop servings) and it lasts 30 days as you are directed to take one day off a week. However this product is very effective, so if you have the cash I would certainly give it a go.

Taste and Mixability- 7

Fruit punch was just okay. I am not usually a fan of fruit punch so this is expected, but it had a chemically taste that just was not for me. It also frequently left some sediment in the bottom. I found myself filling my shaker again to get the rest, and this usually worked fine.

Profile: 9.3

I am not going to get in detail as there are other reviews that nailed this section, but it is nice to note that The key ingredient, DAA is properly dosed. No blends on main ingredients which is great. It also contains some other goodies such as Mucana Puriens, and Agmatine which are both in very solid, effective doses.

Effectiveness- 9.0

It took about a week to see results. After the first week, I began to see very solid increases in my weights. I was adding 5-10 pounds to my lifts frequently, almost every workout. When I didn't add plates, hitting more reps. Pump was great. If taken in the morning, I would have day pumps. Even on non lift days I was pumped. I had several friends, and my girl note that I was feeling much harder, and denser. I did experience the "Alpha Male" feeling in and out of the gym.

I also leaned out a tiny bit, which is amazing considering the amount of food I eat. I was on a bulk, and I can now see the outline of some abbs and my Serratus popping through.

As far as increase testosterone goes, this is hard to judge exactly without blood results, but from my experience, I would have to assume it was increased. I understand I am only 19, and my levels are already high, but I do believe this helped me peak. I also hit puberty very hard when I was about 12, so I also believe I have some room to boost by now.

I haven't got any acne for a few years now, but I started breaking out bad. Pimples on my back, forehead, and side of my face by my ears. Morning wood was frequent, hell all wood was frequent. I was like an oak tree man.

By about week 5-6, the results seemed to "Peak" for me. This is not to say the effect was not still noticeable, it just seemed to not increase anymore in effectiveness at this point. Im glad I got the opportunity to run this for 8 full weeks, as I feel midway through the second bottle was when I really hit full effect.

Sides: 7
    0 is the best, 10 is the worst here. The most noticeable side effect, was extremely urgent need to destroy the closest bathroom within 15-20 minutes of consumption. I kid you not, I think I need a new toilet now after this stuff. The runs this stuff gives you is actually impressive. Do not take this before a meeting, or class, ever. Once you clear you're self out you are good to go, but it happened every single time through out the course of both tubs.

Overall I give this an 8. If you check out my log on the second half of my cycle, through a lot of hard work, help from members on the sight, and great supplements I have made some great gains in the past 2 months. I truly believe Test Powder helped boost my test, give great pumps, and help me shatter countless PR's. If you got some cash, give it a try and you will not be disappointed.

October 19, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Increased Focus
    • No Jitters
    • Well Labeled
    • Need More Flavors
    I would like to start off this review by thanking Cryo, iSam, Adam, and USP Labs for giving me the opportunity to log the stack of Jack3d Micro, and TestPowder, in exchange for and honest review. This will be the first of my two reviews. If you wish to see a little more detail, you can check out my log.

Profile: 8.3

Profile: 8.3

First off, it is a blend. This bothers me a bit. I like to know how much I am getting of each ingredient. However, the profile is solid. I do trust USP as an honest company, so it is not to much of an issue. I do think 1 scoop is a bit under-dosed, but at 2 scoops you get a great dose of everything.

L-Citrulline, Agmatine Sulfate, Grape seed, and Arginine Nitrate, which was a nice addition. The stimulant blend was also interesting. We all know by now L-cittullene, and Agmatine are effective at producing pumps. Arginine Nitrtate is also a nice addition, as nitrates are now becoming popular as a pump producing agent.

Yes, 1,3 DMAA was left out, but that is because this product is geared towards being a pump product. DMAA is a vasoconstrictor, and by leaving that out, you get a better pump. I do miss, it, but it was a smart move. I would like to see a little more caffeine per scoop (whatever that amount is), but all things considered, I give it a very solid 8.

Effectiveness: 9.2

I dosed at one scoop for the first day, and it did not do much for me. Pumps were okay, some energy. I am a bit of a stim junky, as many of us here are, so I upped the dose to two scoops. Still not enough. When I took 3, I think it was a bit to much nitrate for me, and got a bad crash, more like a hangover really. I settled in at 2.5 scoops, and that was my sweet spot. Pumps were great, vascularity was very noticeable, especially in the shoulders, and forearms.

Once I accepted it, the energy was very enjoyable. It wasn't to much that I felt like a crack head, but consistent, clean energy to last me through all my workouts.

I also experienced tunnel vision. Once my hands hit the bar, you could scream in my face and I wouldn't hear you. I am pretty good at this anyway, but I did feel more in the zone on big lifts then on some other PWO's.

Taste/Mixability:

This does not count towards my overall rating, but Fruit Punch was just ok. It wasn't bad, just not necessarily good either. It has a strong chemically after-taste, which some people like, but personally was not for me. I would like to see some other flavors, like lemon-lime, or I think someone else mentioned grape bubble gum..hint hint..that is the best flavor of original jacked. It mixed pretty good, and if it works, I am not going to complain about taste. Also no stomach issues, or etc. were experienced from this product.

Value: 7.5

Again, I had to take two and a half scoops to find this product effective to my standards. Some people may disagree and say they like one scoop, especially if you are stimulant sensitive, or new to PWO's. There are 40 scoops, but considering I only got about 16-18 doses, the value jumps.

1 scoop: $0.67 a serving
    2 scoops: $1.35 a serving
    2.5 scoops: $1.68 a serving

You can make you're own decision from there.

Oerall: 8.3

Overall, this product does what it says it will do. Great pumps, clean energy. Everyone says they are surprised how small the bottle is. Trust me, you will be surprised when you see how small the bottle is. However they are defiantly some potent little scoops. I have some other PWO's I want to try, but I will buy this myself sometime in the future, and would recommend you give it a try if you have the cash.