kgk4569

Overall
Overall
  July 17, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Relaxes
  • Fully Disclosed Content
  • Good Sleep Quality
  • Focus On Quality Ingredients
  • Tricky Dosing
  • No Lights Out
  • Woke Up During The Night
I'd like to start with a Thank You to 360Cut for giving me the opportunity to try this product, this is my first 360Cut product and based on it the company shows promise.

I would now also like to start with a disclaimer. I am VERY tolerant to sleep aids and stimulants. This DOES affect my review, thus it is likely that someone without my tolerance will have a significantly different experience.

On to the meat!
Packaging: Nice, Professional, a "sciency" feel to it. Definitely spea...

On to the meat!
Packaging: Nice, Professional, a "sciency" feel to it. Definitely speaks of the quality and care this company seems to have for their products and image.

Ingredient Profile: 7/10
- Valarian Root Extract 1000mg
- Phenibut 500mg
- Picamilon 300mg
- L-Theanine 250mg
- GABA 100mg
- 5-HTP 25mg

I noticed that the other reviewers (Hulk) have done a pretty good job of breaking down the ingredients, so I won't waste time rehashing it, but there are a few important points I would like to touch on.

GABA has been shown to not cross the blood-brain barrier at significant levels, HOWEVER Picamilon combines GABA and niacin (a vasodilator) and is able to cross the blood-brain barrier in effective levels. Picamilion is then turned into GABA and niacin. I like the fact that 360Cut focused their formula on the more effective Picamilion, rather than just relying on the buzz about GABA to sell the product, like some companies do.

The recommended dosages for Phenibut (a GABA receptor agonist) are between 250mg to 1500mg. If you were to take the recommended starting dosage of 2 pills you would be on the low end of the dosages. Personally I'd feel that this ingredient would be more effective in the 750mg-1000mg range.

I have not been able to find a recommended dosage for 5-HTP, but I have never seen it sold in anything less than 50mg, with 100mg being the most commonly sold dosage. I feel that the product is underdosed in this respect.

Personally I feel that all good sleep aids should contain Melatonin, and most do. I feel that this product would benefit from the addition of melatonin, but I will get to that later.

Dose: 8/10

As others have mentioned the recommended starting dose is 2 capsules per night, for 5 nights a week, on an empty stomach. The full recommended dosing is 4 capsules per night for 5 nights per week.

4 capsules is pretty average then you are talking about sleep and recovery aids.

As others have said, you have to "feel out" your sweet spot with this product. Mine was 6 capsules, stacked with some other supplements, but more on that later.

I do dislike the fact that you should only take this 5/7 days. If you are really counting on it as a sleep aid, then for 2 days it drops the ball. My last 2 weeks of taking it, I took it straight, I saw no adverse effects of skipping the 2 days off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Effectiveness: 19/30 SEE BELOW

Due to this being a sleep aid, I am going to break this down into a few more sections.

"Lights Out" Effect: 4/10

Well, this product did not keep me awake, nor did I feel that it did anything significant to hasten my descent into slumber. I rated it a 4 for average, but below what I would expect from a sleep aid.

Staying Asleep Effect: 6/10

I still woke up a few times a night like normal. I can't really tell if the number of times decreased, but I am going to give the product this benefit of the doubt, mainly because of the next section.

Quality Of Sleep: 9/10

The quality of sleep I got with this product was great, it has only been topped by one other product (OTC), which has since been discontinued. The sleep was deep and restful, even when limited to about 4 hours, despite my normal "wake ups" at night. The morning after, I was not groggy or impaired in any way. And the dreams were calm and satisfying. Once I found the perfect things to stack it with the effects only got better.

As of the time of this review, I can find it online for $28.99. It really doesn't seem that expensive, the reason I knocked off a few points is for what I feel is the underdosing, and the fact that I had to stack it to get the effect I wanted.

OVERALL: 7/10

This was a very good product, and I feel with a bit more tweaking it could be a great product. I hope there will be a 2.0 version in the future. It focuses more on the HGH boosting properties of it's ingredients, than it does on the sleep inducing properties. I feel that if this were corrected it would be a very very good product.

SIDE NOTES!

As mentioned I did some experimenting to find a way to get the effects I wanted for this product. Namely better "Lights Out" and less wake ups. I found that stacking it with 2mg of melatonin and 100mg of 5-HTP produced a wonderful sleep. I fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep. The quality of the sleep was quite amazing. If anyone taking this product is also having problems with those two areas, I recommend you looking into stacking it with these products.