kevO

TROPHY CASE

Reviews by kevO

March 12, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Nice Pumps
  • Vascularity Is Greatly Increased
  • Reduces Lactic Acid
  • 6 Pills If Over 185lb
Thanks to JoeFlah and BigRon for allowing me the opportunity to try out StackedNO. I have tried many 'pump products' with varying degrees of success ove the years. Generally speaking, I respond pretty well to these types of products for whatever reason. That being said, StackedNO ended up being a solid product for me.

PROFILE:

Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value "
Niacin (As Niacinamide) 12.5 mg 60.5%
Vitamin B-12 (As Cyanocobalamin)mcg 12.5%
L-Citrulline 1,500 mg
Agmatine 500 mg

STACKED-N.O. CATALYST BLEND 325...

PROFILE:

Serving Size: 3 Capsules
Servings Per Container: 30

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value "
Niacin (As Niacinamide) 12.5 mg 60.5%
Vitamin B-12 (As Cyanocobalamin)mcg 12.5%
L-Citrulline 1,500 mg
Agmatine 500 mg

STACKED-N.O. CATALYST BLEND 325mg
L-Ornithine Hcl, HICA, AstrGin

For a pump product this profile is actually pretty nice.
Citrulline, agmatine and L-Orthinine are used as the primary pump components, and the inclusion of HICA and astrgin is a nice touch.

EFFECTIVENESS: 8.5/10
Solid pumps, solid vascularity, soild endurance.
In comparison with all the other pump products I have tried, StackedNO is in the upper tier.
Pumps were consistent and sometimes a bit too much.
The vascularity I got from StackedNO was the most noticeable effect for me, and it was pretty intense.
I also believe the combo of agmatine, ciitrulline and HICA contributed to a decent increase in endurance when using the full dosage.
All in all, I can say that StackedNO performed admirably in all aspects.

Dosing:
6 caps about 45-60 minutes preworkout seemed to do the trick almost everytime.
Simple.

VALUE: 6/10

This is where the product takes a hit.
$35-$40 for 90 capsules
Dosing calls for 3-6 caps depending on bodyweight.
I had to take 6 caps to get the desired effect, so that leaves me with only 15 doses per bottle.
Thats a pretty rough value for a pump product, to be honest.

OVERALL:
All in all StackedNO is a solid product with a great profile.
It is effective in what it claims, however the value for most consumers is going to put a serious damper on this product.
Definitely worth a shot if you have the scratch for it.

Overall
Overall
1.0
  February 13, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
    • Gave No Noticible Results
    • No Increase In Metabolism
    • No Thermogenic Effect
    I have used many non-stim/low-stim burners in the past, so I was definitely looking forward to giving Torn Up a fair shot...However, upon further inspection of the nutrition label I was quite disappointed, as I will now explain.

Profile:
    As Garlick stated in his review, TornUp does have a good lineup of ingredients with proven metabolism and mood enhancing benefits. The problem with the approach they took is that they pixie dusted all of the ingredients imo. Nothing added up to effective amounts and that showed in the end results.

I honestly did not feel or se...

Profile:

I honestly did not feel or see any results while taking TornUp. I tried overdosing, underdosing, spiltting it everyway possible. I kept my diet and workout intensity the same as always and I did not get jack from it. As always, I really wanted and tried to get some tangible results, but they just werent there for me. Dont get me wrong I was not expecting a miracle or anything close, but I literally got NOTHING from TornUp Extreme.
    Not much more to say here, a total flop.

2 caps a day, 60 capsule bottle for around $30
    All things considered its a reasonable price for a product in this category. However, seeing as though it was not effective at all I have to give it a very poor value rating.

Sorry God Body Nutrition (God Body?? really? Ugh) but I believe its time to go back to the drawing board on this one. I cant recommend it based on my experience, but you never know some people may respond much better than Garlick and I did.

January 28, 2014

• Increased Libido
      Endosurge Turbo is the revamp of the original BPS Endosurge.
      I personally preferred the og version, as it seemed to have a bit more of a 'kick' to it. However, that is not to say the Turbo version was bad, in fact it was pretty solid all around.

Profile: 8/10
      EndoSurge Turbo Supplement Facts
      Serving Size: Capsules
      Servings per Container: 90

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
      Wide Spectrum Stinging Nettle Root Extract for 3,4-Divanillyltetrahydrofuran 533 mg **
      Maca 20:1 250 mg **
      Mucuna 98% 100 mg **
      Vitamin D3 400 IU **

A pretty straightforward profile and similar to t...
      Endosurge Turbo is the revamp of the original BPS Endosurge.

Profile: 8/10
      EndoSurge Turbo Supplement Facts
      Serving Size: Capsules
      Servings per Container: 90

Maca 20:1 250 mg **
      Mucuna 98% 100 mg **
      Vitamin D3 400 IU **

A pretty straightforward profile and similar to the original version with a few exceptions. The first change was to dump the lower % mucuna amounts and just stick with a smaller quantity of the higher %. They also added 250mg of Maca 20:1, which is a welcome addition and a potential libido booster. All in all, a simple, well thought out profile.

Let me start off by saying, I see test boosters as more a novelty item than anything else. They seem to work, albeit in very subtle ways. Increased libido, feelings of wellbeing, and minor strength gains are usually par for the course, and Endosurge Turbo did a fine job on all 3 aspects.
      Obviously these effects are not immediately noticeable and are not groundbreaking by any means, however they are definitely there with Endosurge Turbo. The most noticeable effect is the libido boost, Id rate that a 9.5/10, because it was very apparent in my exerience. Anytime I take mucuna I seem to get a very nice boost in my day to day feelings of well-being, and again this was no exception when taking Endosurge. Strength/muscle gains? Yea not so much, and I would never expect a natty product to give me much of anything in that category anyways.

Simple as can be, 2 caps 3 times a day

$20-$30 depending on if you catch a sale or not.
      Coming in around $1 a day.
      Anyway you slice it, Endosurge Turbo is a pretty good value for a reasonably effective test booster.

All in all, I was happy with this run on Endosurge Turbo. I would only imagine the effects would be amplified with the addition of an AI and/or DAA. Give it a shot.

January 16, 2014

Big thanks to the guys over at Mutant for hooking up a big ol bag of their mass gainer for me to try.
      First off, I have to say I have only used a small handful of gainers before, so I do have some tangible experiences to compare Mutant mass to. Personally, I prefer to stuff my face with food rather than get my calories through liquid protein supplements. However, Ive come to realize its pretty convenient to have a mass gainer around for those times you are in a pinch and just cant slam a full meal down and need some calories.
      As Im sure you all know, all gainers are not created equal, m...
      As Im sure you all know, all gainers are not created equal, most are full of sugar, fillers and general crap. Lets look at Mutant Mass and how it stands up to my standards.

Profile:

Serving Size 4 Scoops (260g)
      Servings Per Container about 26
      Protein 52 g
      Calcium 40%
      iron 2%

INGREDIENTS:
      Waxy Maize Starch, Maltodextrin, Mutant Mass 10-Protein Matrix (Whey Protein Concentrate, NitroSerum Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Concentrate [Source of 80% Micellar Casein, 20% Whey Proteins], Egg Albumin, Whey Protein Hydrolysate, Micellar Casein, Calcium Caseinate, Milk Protein Isolate, Sodium Caseinate: Contains Soy Lecithin Emulsifier]), Thickeners (Defatted Soybean, Inulin, Guar Gum, oat powder), MCT Oil, and Sunflower Oil Powders (Coconut oil, Sunflower seed oil, Corn Syrup Solids, Sodium Caseinate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Cane Sugar, Mono- And Diglycerides, Sodium Silicoaluminate, Polysorbate 80, Tetrasodium Pyrophosphate, Soy Lecithin), Dextrose, Waxy Barley Starch, Glutamine Peptides (From Wheat), Vanillin, Natural Flavors, Sucralose, Cinnulin® Cinnamon Extract, Flax Seed Powder, Colostrum

Lots to take in with that laundry list of ingredients.
      Carbs and a 10 protein matrix make up the majority of this product, which is typical for gainers. Its nice to see waxy maize in there and plenty of healthy sources of fat. I can do without a lot of the thickners and other fillers but they dont seem as prevelant in Mutant mass as with other gainers, so that is a definite positive point.
      Honestly, Im not sure what to think of the 10 protein matrix. Its nice to have multiple sources of protein but I didnt feel as though this matrix was optimal seeing as its a concentrate base. All in all, a decent profile for a gainer. Not spectacular but not bad either.

Ill keep this short and sweet.
      If you want to put on some weight, this will do the trick for sure.
      Its a massive punch of calories, relatively clean carbs, and protein, which are key in packing on the pounds.
      Obviously it wont put slabs of muscle on you and if you are lazy it will probably make you fat, which is true of any mass gainer. All in all, if used appropriately Mutant Mass will do what its meant to do.

Taste/Mixability:
      I had the vanilla ice cream flavor and I must say it was pretty damn good. It is very similar to the taste of any vanilla bean ice cream, seriously. Good stuff.
      It mixed relatively easy considering the large amounts of powder, though I never attempted to mix the entire four scoops at once.

Dosing:
      Obviously Mutant's dosing protocol calls for using copius amounts on the daily, which would mean the bag runs out extremely fast, ugh marketing...
      Each scoop has about 250cals, 12ish grams of protein and 45ish grams of carbs.
      I stuck to a scoop twice a day and that seemed to keep any digestion issues at bay. At the full dose a day I was extremely bloated and felt like there was a brick in my stomach, and who the hell wants to take in 1000+ calories in liquid form anyways?

Value:
      Around $70 for a 15lb bag which contains 26 (4scoop servings).
      If you were to halve the dosing it would last 52 days with each dose only containing about 25g of protein, meh not the greatest value imo but not the worst either.

All in all, Mutant Mass is a decent choice in the gainer world and is worth a shot if you are looking to pack on some weight.

December 22, 2013

Once again a big thanks goes out to Nulivlifestyle for allowing me the opportunityto test out Actigin.

A description of Actigin directly from the Nulivlifestyle website:

'ActiGinâ„¢ is a proprietary novel all natural high sports performance nutraceutical ingredient that has shown in one in vivo and three human studies to support high-intensity endurance performance, energy level, and glycogen recovery in muscles, and to reduce muscle damage in rats and humans during and after high-intensity physical activities.
      ActiGinâ„¢ is a proprietary all natural plant based formulation derived f...

A description of Actigin directly from the Nulivlifestyle website:

ActiGinâ„¢ is a proprietary all natural plant based formulation derived from highly purified and fractionated Panax noto-ginseng plant and Rosa roxburghii fruit using a proprietary pharmaceutical extraction and processing technology available only from NuLiv Science.'

Profile:
      A 50mg extract of Panax noto-ginseng plant and Rosa Roxburghii fruit.

A little info on Rosa Roxburghii, again from Nulivlifestyle's website:
      'RosaEx
      Specification/Description
      RosaExâ„¢ is a proprietary fruit extract from the rosa roxburghii plant. Rosa roxburghii contains high levels of vitamin C, polyphenols, bioflavonoids, SOD, Catalase, reduced glutathione, and more. RosaExâ„¢ has demonstrated in large amount of studies to reduce many damaging free radicals, such as superoxide, down to oxygen and water. A truly amazing anti-aging and free radical scavenging fruit extract'

Not much to say here. It has the same base ingredient as astragin, panax noto-ginseng and the inclusion of some supposed super fruit...Meh

Just like its counterpart Astragin, I did not see much tangible evidence that Actigin did anything beneficial for me. I do a lot of high endurance exercises and this seemed perfect for my goals atm. I tried nearly every dosing protocol possible, as well as combined it with astragin on many occasions, but it came up short on all its claims for me unfortunately. No increased endurance, energy levels nor better recovery. This is not to say others may not benefit from this supplement, I just got very little from it.

2 caps preworkout, very simple

Value:
      Around $30 for 60caps, a month + (dose dependent)

Unfortunately, just like Astragin this one fell way short of the mark for me and there is very little I can say about it. I have spoken with several people that say they really enjoy using Actigin/Astragin so that is why I gave them the benefit of doubt with 5's across the board.
      Either way I cannot put my stamp of approval on Actigin.

December 18, 2013

Big thanks to Nulivlifestyle for sending out a bottle of astragin for me to give a fair assessment.
      After reading about Astragin and skimming over the few ER reviews, I have to admit it definitely peaked my interest. Unfortunately, I did not have the same experiences as my cohorts.

Profile:
      Astragin is a combo of purified panax notoginseng and astalagus membraneceus.
      Cam, Lava, and Cole did a good job explaining these two ingredients, so Il save you the long winded descriptions.

Profile:
      Astragin is a combo of purified panax notoginseng and astalagus membraneceus.
      Both ingredients definitely have some promising qualities backed by research, so I have nothing negative to say here.

My experience with Astragin was mediocre at best. I cant deny the science/research behind these ingredients, however I failed to see or feel any tangible effects no matter how I dosed it or what I took it with.
      I literally tried every combination possible with: PWOS, post workouts, bcaa products, food, shakes..You get the point.
      I really wanted this to be effective for me, but I just never felt a difference when I took and when I did not. It did not enhance my preworkouts noticeably, it didnt seem to enhance the recovery effects postworkout, it just didnt do anything noticeable. I even tried mega dosing a couple times, but to no avail.
      Maybe Im just strange and do not respond well to the ingredients, either way it was a bit of a letdown.

$30 for a month supply seems reasonable if you actually get the claimed effects. Unfortunately I have to say the value was not there for me, as I did not get much of anything from it.

I honestly wanted and tried to get something from Astragin, but it just fell short for me. As I stated earlier, I cant deny the science behind the ingredients and thats why it got a neutral score across the board. Take this review for what it is and make the choice for yourself, because I cant endorse it after my experience with it.

December 6, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Taste And Texture
      • Nutrition Profile
      • Unbelievable Serving Of Fiber.
      • Very Good Tasting
      • A Tad Expensive
      Big thanks to Quest for sending out a box of their protein bars. I requested the coconut cashew flavor and boy was I glad I did!

Profile: 10/10

Nutrition Facts
      Serving Size: 1 Bar (60 g)
      Servings per Container: 12
      Phosphorus 2%
      Magn...

Profile: 10/10

Nutrition Facts
      Serving Size: 1 Bar (60 g)
      Servings per Container: 12
      Calcium 4%
      Iron 4%
      Phosphorus 2%
      Magnesium 2%
      *Daily value not established.
      Other Ingredients: Protein blend (whey protein isolate, milk protein isolate), isomalto-oligosaccharides (100% natural prebiotic fiber), almonds, water, erythritol, coconut, cashews, sea salt, natural flavors, lo han guo, and stevia.Isomalto-Oligosaccharides are 100% natural prebiotic fibers derived from plant sources.Contains almonds and milk derived ingredients.

Do I really need to say anything here? lol
      The profile is as good as it gets for a protein bar. No processed crap, cashews, coconut, wpi/mpi and a ton of fiber.
      20g of protein, 17g of fiber and only 2grams of sugar.
      This is what a protein bar profile should look like. Two emphatic thumbs up!

Well its a protein bar with a ton of fiber, a great profile with wpi/mpi and no processed junk to upset your stomach, so right there the effectiveness is far and away better than most protein bars Ive ever tried.
      Honestly though this little gem is perfect when you are in a pinch and need some quick wholesome nutrition. Surprisingly these 170 calorie bars kept me full for a very long time and really helped to fill in gaps in my eating schedule. Id attribute the feeling of satiety from the massive dose of fiber in each bar. No you wont put on muscle or get a noticeable boost in recovery from these bars and that is not really the intent when using a protein bar, but they truly serve their purpose better than any other bar Ive ever tried.
      All in all these bars are perfect for a quick snack and a nice shot of protein, they dont give any digestion issues and for such a small bar they really fill you up. Again two thumbs up...

Taste: 100000/10
      I love anything with coconut so Im sure Im being a bit biased here, but man these things are so freaking good!
      Throw it in the microwave and its like eating a sinful dessert.
      Its very hard not to jet through the box in like 3 days because they are so good. Fair warning, DO NOT eat more than a couple a day or they will 'clear you out'. I can only imagine the other flavors are just as good if not better. Awesome.

They run around $2-$2.50 per bar.
      All things considered in terms of ingredients and the convenience factor its a very fair deal. When compared with the competition, Quest Bars are far superior in everyway, including price.
      Do the comparisons for yourself and you will see the value in these bars.

I very highly recommend these bars, get some you wont be disappointed.

December 1, 2013

Thanks to CTD Labs for allowing me the opportunity to try out Noxivol Powder. I had tried the pills previously with some success. However, the pills were very inconsistent for me and they are basically the size of footballs. Thankfully the guys over at CTD Labs came out with the powder version, which is exactly what is on the menu for this review.

Profile 7.5/10

Serving Size: 1 scoop (7.1g)
      Servings per container: 45

Amount Per Serving
      Noxivol Blend 5781mg

Profile 7.5/10

Serving Size: 1 scoop (7.1g)
      Servings per container: 45

Amount Per Serving
      Noxivol Blend 5781mg
      L-Arginine Alpha Keto-Glutarate (AKG), Beta Alanine, L-Ornithine HCl, L-Histidine, L-Norvaline, Cissus Quadrangularis Extract (aerial parts)
      Nitric Support Matrix 71mg
      Alpha-GPC (L-Alpha-Glycerylphosphorylcholine), Rutaecarpine, Vanadyl Sulfate, Bioperine (Black Pepper fruit Extract std. min. 95% Piperine)

Other Ingredients: Natural & Artificial Flavor, Silica, Citric Acid, Sucralose, Dicalcium Phosphate, Maltodextrin, FD&C Red #40.

Nothing really stands out to me as new or groundbreaking, but CTD put together a pretty solid profile.
      The inclusion of beta alanine is a nice touch, and its seemingly in pretty large amounts (I wanted to rip my face off a few times because the tingles were really intense).
      Obviously we can all do without the prop blends, but nbd for me to be honest.

Noxivol powder was a solid performer in all aspects for me.
      The beta alanine was very prominent and provided some nice endurance related benefits.
      The pump ingredients also worked very well for me at 2 scoops.
      (At 1 scoop the effect was diminshed, though still present.)
      Pumps at 2 scoops were consistent and massive for the first 2/3s of the container. Unfortunately, the pump effects began to dwindle as I progressed through the tub. Nonetheless, the endurance effects seemed to get better as I went through the tub, big plus there.
      All in all, the effectiveness of Noxivol powder is well above average for products in this category and is on the cusp of being one of the best. A few additions would put this product over the top in terms of effectiveness, either way I really enjoyed using it.

Dosing/Mixability/Taste:

1-2 scoops preworkout, 2 is much more effective, simple.
      Unfortunately on the tub it says to take 4 servings daily, which in my mind is kind of a waste and just a way for the tub to run out faster, ugh. Obviously its quite possible that the effectiveness goes up when taking 4 servings a day, but I just dont see a good reason for that dosing scheme.
      I had the fruit punch flavor and honestly it tasted very chalky/mediciney, definitely not my favorite at all but tolerable nonetheless.
      It mixes just fine.

Value: 4/10 ( 4 servings a day) -- 6.5/10 ( 2 servings a day) -- 8.5/10 ( 1 serving)

$30-$35 for 45 servings.
      At 1 scoop the value is solid, and at 2 scoops it takes a slight dive.
      As I stated above, the value takes a significant hit when following CTD Lab's dosing directions.
      All in all a fair value at 2 scoops as I used it.

Noxivol Powder is definitely an improvement over the previous pills. I think its worth a shot if you can find it for a decent price.

Overall
      Overall
      3.0
      2.0
        November 16, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
        • Bad Value
        Thanks to AI Sports Nutrition for sending out a tub of Reds and Greens for me to try out. I spent a lot of time researching products like these as I use them often. Unfortunately it is not going to be pretty for this product and you will see why.

Profile: 3/10 (one scoop) 5/10 (2 scoops)

A 2g prop blend of various fruit and vegetable powders, with no other goodies whatsoever.
        When you break it down its just 18 fruit powders, 9 vegetable powders, soy and cocoa.
        Directions call for 1-2 scoops a day.
        Nothing special at all, and to be completely honest 2g is woefully under dos...

Profile: 3/10 (one scoop) 5/10 (2 scoops)

Directions call for 1-2 scoops a day.
        Nothing special at all, and to be completely honest 2g is woefully under dosed for what it is. That would mean if averaged out each individual powder would be approx. 66mg per serving, no bueno imo. I will explain further in the value category...

Effectiveness: 3/10 (one scoop) 5/10 (2 scoops)

Knowing what I know about these products and what Reds and Greens contains in terms of ingredients, I feel as though it is too under dosed to be effective at one scoop. At 2 scoops I believe it has a more positive effect, but still nothing remotely worth noting.

Mixing/taste/texture: 6/10

Meh its nothing spectacular, but not really bad either.
        Unfortunately it doesnt mix all that great, though it is tolerable.
        It mixes pretty well with protein shakes and the like, which is a plus.
        Overall Id say middle of the road in terms of taste/texture for these types of products.

Value: 3/10 (1 scoop) 1/10 (2 scoops)

And here is where things get ugly...

I did a little comparison shopping for all of you out there reading this review.
        Puritan's Pride Life Greens w/Advanced Probiotics and Green Vibrance are 2 similar products that I have used before.
        Both of their profiles by far and away exceed the profile of AI Reds and Greens, I mean absolutely blow it away. The generous profiles, the extras they provide, as well as the transparent labeling just put AI's product to shame in terms of overall value imo.

Reds and Greens sells for anywhere between $25-$35 for 34 (17) servings

Green Vibrance - 30 True servings - $30

Puritan's Pride Life Greens - 90 True servings -$42

Unfortunately I cannot recommend AI Reds and Greens, the value is just unacceptable imho.
        I highly encourage you to look up the Puritan's Pride product and Green Vibrance and compare the values and profiles for yourself, or you can just trust me because I did the legwork for ya ; ).

November 14, 2013

Pros:
         Cons:
          • No Hormonal Effect At All
          • No Muscle Mass Increase
          • No Androgenic Effect
          First and foremost Id like to thank the good guys over at Nutrabio for providing me several products to try out. Today's review is on Nutrabio's DHEA. I will not be going into scientific jargon about dhea and what it potentially converts to and all that, as that is not my strong point. I can only provide you all with my personal experience and that is exactly what this review is for.

Profile: n/a
          Not much to say here. I was given the powder and capped version of DHEA, and that is exactly the only thing it contains.
          The powder version has 25mg per serving
          The capped version has 100...

Profile: n/a
          The powder version has 25mg per serving
          The capped version has 100mg per serving
          After trying several products from Nutrabio, I can confirm that they hold their products to the highest level of purity and I have no doubt their DHEA is as pure as it gets.

I really cant say that this had any positive or negative effects on me. I started with 200mg a day split into two doses and worked my way up to 500mg a day. I saw no changes in physical appearance, no notable strength gains, or anything that would indicate healthier/higher testosterone levels. I also did not see any negative effects, which is always a good thing.
          I kept the rating at a 5/10 simply because I know several older men who swear by dhea, and I trust their word that it works for them. That being said, Nutrabio's brand would be a great option for those that dhea works for.

$110 for 4000 - 25mg servings (Powder)
          $17 for 60 - 100mg caps
          So anyway you break it down its more expensive than your typical dhea. However, one must take into account purity and where the dhea is sourced from, and there is no doubt in my mind that Nutrabio's version is of the utmost quality.
          That being said, I believe if dhea is effective for you than this product is about as good as it gets in terms of oral supplementation. On the other hand, if you are like me and dont respond/dont need it, then the value is pretty much nonexistent. Once again I rated it 5/10 simply due to the quality of the product and the potential it has to work for SOME people.

If you have responded well to dhea in the past then this product deserves a serious look at.