joeflah13

• Reduces Fatigue
  • Insane Pump
  • Simply Takes Your Workout To The Next Level
    "It's been a whiiiiiile" *lead singer of Staind voice*

Today I'd like to take a look at what has become my favorite carb supplement. It's far from conventional, and it basically has no place in the Carb Backloading, yet I've still used it multiple times.

That right there should tell you how much I love the stuff. But let me explain (I can hear some of you sighing in the background, but sorry, this'll take a while lol).

"It's been a whiiiiiile" *lead singer of Staind voice*

Glyco Fuse is not your everyday carb powder comprised of dextrose, maltodextrine, fructose or anything like that. Glyco Fuse is Highly Branched Cyclic Dextrin (HBCD). HBDC also goes by the name of Cluster Dextrin in some other supplements.

HBCD isn't some gimmick that will end up being a flash in the pan. It also isn't necessarily designed to be used postworkout like other carb products to facilitate recovery, though you can use it that way if it pleases you.

This carb is an intra workout powerhouse. HBCD is created by modifying amlyopectin, which is the natural starch found in waxy maize products. By utilizing a branching enzyme, the molecule becomes highly branched (go figure), and its molecular weight is drastically increased.

This is doubly important:

1) Increasing the molecular weight increases the osmolality of the molecule when it is in a solution. Osmolality is inversely related to the rate at which the contents exit the stomach and become available in the small intestine for absorption. A solution with high osmolality has delayed gastric emptying. On the flip side, a solution with a high molecular weight like HBCD has a very low osmolality, and therefore experiences no delay in gastric emptying. The result: the HBDC hits your blood stream much quicker, leading to an immediate rise in energy and beginning the anti-catabolic process much faster.

2) By increasing branching in the molecule, it becomes much more accessible to the digestive enzymes in your small intestine. This extends the absorption time of the HBCD. The result: a sustained release of glucose into the bloodstream throughout your workout.

What you have here is the ideal intra workout carb: immediate and sustainable energy, with no sudden rush and crash that you may experience from simple sugars.

For a comparison, I've read an analogy where HBCD and a simpler carb (let's say dextrose because that's one of the most common carb sources) are both horses in a race. Imagine the start of the race to signify gastric clearance; the horse leaving the starting gate is like the carbs leaving your stomach to be used by the small intestine.

As soon as the starting gun fires, HBCD flies out of the gate while the simple sugars are stuck in place because of their very low molecular weight. By comparison, HBCD has an average molecular weight of 160,000 Da while dextrose weighs in at about 180 Da.

HBCD gets out to a fast start, but because it is highly branched and available in the small intestine for a long time, it spends a long time out on the track. It takes quite a while for it to reach the finish line, a.k.a. get cleared from your blood stream. Conversely, when the dextrose finally leaves the starting gate, it flies around the track and smokes HBCD, reaching the finish line first due to the incredibly high GI of dextrose. Anything with a high GI will have an immediate and profound effect on blood sugar and insulin when it's finally made available for absorption.

What this reflects for dextrose is a delayed, poorly sustainable spike in blood sugar. This is far from ideal during your workouts because the last thing you want to have happen DURING your workout is to have a sugar crash followed by a bout of hypoglycemia that leaves you stumbling through the weight room like you're drunk. The same thing can be said for most other simple carbs. High GI carbs are a useful tool postworkout, but not intra.

The delayed gastric clearance of a simple carb will also delay the clearance of anything you may mix in with it. If you're mixing in hydrolyzed whey with your intra like I do, the simple sugars will actually slow down the rate at which the aminos hit your bloodstream.

Isn't that why you shelled out all of that money for hydrolyzed whey in the first place? Sure, when it finally clears your stomach, the solution will hit you and hit you HARD. But in the mean time, what're you gunna do? Sit there and waste space on the bench texting your girlfriend because you're "waiting for your intra to kick in, bro"? If so, you're on the list of people I'd like to stab.

This is why HBCD is clearly the superior intra workout carb. It acts fast, it acts for a long time, and it won't mess with the absorption of anything you mix with it. Due to these properties, I have to think it's a low GI carb, though I haven't seen that written anywhere. I've seen it hinted at though, and the science I just laid out pretty much dictates that it acts in a polar opposite fashion to high GI carbs, so that's the explanation I'm going with.

I've even seen HBCD described as a "nutrient partitioning carbohydrate" and thermic in nature. I can see the nutrient partitioning thing, but I have no clue whether the carb has a thermic effect or not. That pretty much flies in the face of everything I've ever known about carbs since I've gathered that carbs = blood glucose response = insulin response = shut down of lypolysis. But then again HBCD isn't your average carb, so maybe this has merit. Who knows?

Quick nuts and bolts:

Profile: 10/10

25 g of HBCD per each 28 g scoop along with an electrolyte blend to prevent cramping during your workout. I can live with the 2-3 g of coloring/flavoring because this stuff tastes orgasmic.

Taste/Mixability: 9/10

I've tried both the Strawberry-Kiwi and the Orange Mango Twist. I have to give a slight edge to the Strawberry, but GOOD LAWD! These both taste incredible!

There's definitely some substance to these shakes and HBCD mixes pretty thick when using multiple scoops. Kind of like MHP Dark Matter style thickness, but not quite there. Regardless, both flavors are refreshing as all hell and it's to the point where I crave the taste during my workouts.

The Strawberry-Kiwi has just the right amount of kiwi kick at the end, and I don't usually enjoy orange supps but when I mix this stuff up thick with cold water it reminds me more of a frozen treat from Baskin Robins than a supplement. If they made a Raspberry Lemonade or a Blue Raspberry version... watch out.

The only reason this loses a point is the mixability itself. I can deal with it mixing thick, but in cold water it clumps mildy (no problems with room temp water though). There's also a good amount of foam up top every single time. You have to get in the habit of shaking this before you take every sip in between sets to minimize the small chunks, and the foam makes it hard to get that last sip out of there. But small gripes in the grand scheme of things.

Usage: N/A

I've used this postworkout before, but for ¾ of my last tub and this entire tub, I'm using it intra workout. I'm taking 3 scoops of the Orange Mango Twist with a scoop of Pomegranate Berry Iso Tropic Max and a scoop of leucine. That works out to 75 g carbs, 27 g protein, 7 + g leucine, and a tropical party in my mouth during my workouts.

A trick I've learned is to make the full shake and drink about 1/3 of the entire thing within my first 3 working sets. Then, I go refill that third with water, shake it back up, and drink the rest through my workout. Not only does this combat the thickness a bit, it also allows you to "front load" those nutrients in your workout so more of them are available for longer.

I want so badly to give this a 10, but that's reserved for steroids (and possibly BioGro, we'll see if the next tub of that is as good as the first was). This is the first carb I've actually noticed positive effects from during my workout. The carb energy feel is much different than a stimulant energy feel, but I do feel a nice surge in energy which lasts my entire workout.

This most directly translates to increased endurance, and I can tell my fatigue is greatly delayed as opposed to when I'm not using it. This allows me to push harder for longer, and I've even been able to add a few sets to my workouts because I feel like I still have gas in the tank.

For some reason, the pump I get from this stuff is also phenomenal. I can almost compare it to the same pump I get from nitrate products. My muscles look really dense and full, yet it's not a watery pump you can get from simple carbs or citrulline. It's a "tight" pump and I can see a lot more vascularity than many other PRE workouts I've taken before. If I wasn't doing Carb Backloading, I'd play with using this exclusively pre workout to see how good of a pump I could get from it.

I didn't keep tabs too much on recovery because I was taking this intra as opposed to post workout. But considering my recovery was similar while I was able to add intensity and volume to my workouts was a plus.

Most specialty carbs are priced pretty poorly, but not this. You can snag a 60 scoop container from Allstarhealth.com for $40. If you use 2 scoops per workout, that will last you 30 workouts @ $1.33 per. If you use 3 scoops like me, that's 20 workouts @ $2 a pop.

I see no point in taking this on off days, so those 20-30 workouts should last you anywhere from 3 - 7 weeks depending on what kind of split you use. I can easily justify spending $40 every month or two based on how well it works.

Two thumbs way up to Gaspari for providing me with an intra workout staple for when I'm in a lean mass gaining phase. I can't necessarily recommend it if you're cutting because any insulin response will blunt the fat burning process during a workout. But when it's all systems go for new muscle, you better believe this will be in my arsenal.

I'm surprised more companies aren't using HBCD in their supplements. Coincidentally, there have been some rumblings about possibly using HBCD over at RCSS... stay tuned! ;)

And for all of you wondering why I'm using a low GI carb during backloading, well... I guess I just like it THAT MUCH. I obviously can't use it in my backloads because it will screw up hormonal responses during the nighttime period, but I do have a justification. Any insulin response created during a workout will go towards combating cortisol production vs. building tissue. If I have Glyco Fuse on my hands, I'm gunna use it, and using it intra workout not only delivers the best results but also makes it semi-acceptable to use while on CBL.

Overall
    Overall
    0.0
      June 29, 2013

• No Decrease In Body Fat
      • No Increase In Lbm
      • No Increase In Stamina
      • No Increase In Libido
      • Just Nothing At All
      • Altered My Personality
      A quick thank you is in order to Nutritional Ergogenic Systems for the opportunity to try out their revolutionary, product-to-end-all-other-products, Tribustol. (The name of the company wasn't on the bottle, so I had to dig on the website to find the company name. For all I know, that might not even be the right name... it wouldn't be the only false information on that site!)

Now that that's out of the way, let me restate what my buddies Kev, Garlick, and Lava have already so eloquently stated: AVOID THIS LIKE THE PLAGUE.

This was the final product I received as an ER before signing o...

This was the final product I received as an ER before signing on with RCSS. I seriously only took a flier on this one because there was absolutely no cost to me (or so I thought... more on that later) and because there was a laundry list of astounding benefits on their flashy website.

Before I threw my hat in on this stuff, I visited the site to find claims like:

- Tribustol is more effective than creatine for strength gains
      - Burn fat and build muscle simultaneously
      - Works 3x faster than exercise alone
      - Lose vicerol obesity
      - Etc. Etc. Etc.

Take a quick look back at that last benefit: "Lose VICEROL obesity". Glad to know this company doesn't know how to use spell check properly. Last time I checked, you don't gain or lose obesity either, you can gain VICERAL (note the spelling) fat in large quantities, leading to obesity.

Despite the spelling errors, the overly vague testimonials, and the smattering of graphs with make-believe data on the website, seeing all of those purported benefits made me say "eh, what the hell" in hopes of hitting on at least one of them.

More red flags popped up when I received the bottles along with a product guideline sheet. First off, the dosing guidelines on the sheet and the bottle didn't match up, as noted by the other reviewers. It seems like NES is as good at coordinating things as they are at grammar.

Secondly, the guideline sheet made even more outlandish claims than the website did. It basically stated Tribustol can be an effective substitute for steroids and that you can gain 10+ lbs of lean mass while losing 10+ lbs of fat mass in only 8 weeks.

I should've been deterred from Tribustol once and for all when I saw this, but I foolishly figured if I could reap one quarter or even one eighth of the benefits they claimed, I'd be pleased with the supplement. Having never tried a tribulus based supplement before, I was curious. Skeptical, but curious.

The only background knowledge I have on tribulus supplements going into this was that regular tribulus extract has been shown to be ineffective at boosting testosterone in any way. Really, the only benefit you can gain from it is a boost in libido.

As other reviewers have mentioned, the amount of tribulus in the product seemed underdosed compared to other tribulus products. Based on Garlick's review, standard trib extract supps use up near 1000 mg while each pill of Tribustol only has 45 mg. That, in itself, is laughable, and yet ANOTHER reason why I should've never opened the bottle in the first place.

The product guideline sheet and website state, however, that their magical proprietary blend of vitamins and minerals (not much more than B vitamins and folic acid) will unlock all of the muscle building and fat burning potential of their special tribulus extract when taken in combination...

In hindsight how the hell could I have been so stupid?! God! I've been shaking my head the entire time writing this review... Anyways...

This theory of enhanced effects with microscopic dosages has gone out of hand. I can't help but think back to Kre Alkalyn when thinking about Tribustol.

The standard dose of creatine monohydrate has been 5 g since the beginning of time, and mono in water creates a neutral mixture when digested, leading to complete absorption. You also have to take multiple doses of mono per day to reach saturation since your body burns through about 5 g on its own every day (studies show 25 g + per day, but that's for another discussion).

But let's come along and put 1.5 g of creatine in some capsules with salts, ash, and baking soda, tell people this will create a stable pH upon digesting it (which mono already does), and let them believe an amount less than your body burns through BY ITSELF will magically morph into 10-15 g...

Seems legit...

Alright, off my soap box. But you get the point: I don't care how many vitamins you put in there, I don't care what foreign country you sourced your magical extract from, and I don't care what renowned "scientist" performed all of the product testing. If you use less than a dose that actually does anything, it's not going to work. Not rocket science. And really, even a full dose of tribulus wouldn't do anything close to what NES is claiming Tribustol would do.

As far as the actual effects go, I can honestly say I've never had a worse experience with a supplement. This was the first and only supplement I have ever thrown away willingly before completing.

NES sent me two bottles of 180 caps to run back to back. They also sent me two dosing protocols: the bottle said 1 pill a day, the paper said 1 cap per 40 lbs (for me, 4-5 caps per day). Depending on which dosing protocol I was supposed to believe, that's anywhere from 1-5 caps per day.

I knew 1 cap wasn't going to do jack with how low the dose was, and quite frankly, I like going on the high end of things while also leaving myself with nice round numbers to calculate. I ended up taking 6 caps/day, 3 caps with 2 mixed food meals throughout the day as recommended. This meant both bottles would last me 60 full days.

60 days? The second bottle barely lasted past day 45. By then, I had had enough. There was no hope for Tribustol to turn the corner after over a month of absolutely nothing in the performance department.

I've taken test boosters before, so I know what to expect. Slightly increased aggression, acne, and libido, and a bit higher than normal progression in the weight room. Without a test booster, I usually experience 5-10 lb jumps in weight on each of my lifts about every month. I would've been happy with the 15-20 lb increases across the board that I'm used to with other test boosters, especially over an 8 week period.

But during the entire time on Tribustol, it was the same old song and dance. No lifts jumped up, just the same exact marginal progression I'd be getting without taking anything.

Body comp wise, I saw nothing close to the effects described by NES. I was running Tribustol during the same time period when I made the switch to Carb Backloading. CBL allowed me to drop my bodyweight down to 166 lbs, NOT the Tribustol.

There were really only two notable effects from Tribustol that I experienced. One was an occasional bump in vascularity after taking 3 caps with food. For all I know, this could've just been my body's response to the food and not the Tribustol because that effect went away after the first week.

The second effect was the most pronounced and likely the worst negative side effect I've ever had the misfortune of getting from a supplement. Tribustol completely altered my personality. This is not a joke.

I'm used to the occasional agro that comes along with being on a test booster, and I'd say I do a fair job at keeping it in check. With Tribustol, I expected more of the same.

But as I noted in my log, Tribustol pretty much turned me into an insufferable ***. For anyone who knows me, that's just not the real me. I'm generally a really happy guy and I love to mess around and joke and keep things light just as much as the next guy. But near the end of my time with Tribustol, that me was nowhere to be found.

I would literally have to FORCE myself to smile sometimes just to be in a good mood for a few seconds. It felt like every second of every day was a pain. I was emotionless most times, and when I wasn't emotionless, I was frustrated.

The worst part was that I was aware of all of this. It was like an out of body experience. I was realizing that I was snapping back at my friends or family when they just wanted to have a conversation, or that I was just sitting there mad at the world at work when I'd generally be talkative.

When this was happening, I began to think what could be causing me to do this and started slowly taking those things out of my daily routine. I falsely thought it was too much caffeine because nothing changed when I cut that down. But I took out the Tribustol and waited a week or so, and what do you know, back to normal.

Coincidence? I doubt it. I've never been happier to throw away a supplement in my entire life. I'd actually like to give Tribustol a negative rating in effectiveness, but since that's impossible, it is 100% deserving of a 0. That 1-2 week period of anger, frustration, constant stress, and lack of production was seriously one of the worst periods of my entire life.

With the dosing schedule unable to make up it's own mind, and the effectiveness below zero at this point, it doesn't make sense to rate the value anything higher than a 0 either.

Once again, this is an area where I'd rate less than 0 if possible. Not just because of the terrible effectiveness, but also because of the price tag. As KevO mentioned, NES offers each bottle for $70 and it auto bills you every month for a new bottle unless you cancel.

Companies like that make me absolutely sick. They're just out to take advantage of people and constantly steal their hard earned money. I'm not even a fan of the monthly re-up even if the product does work. It's just inherently shady to me. If I want to buy the product every month, I'll do it on my own accord, thank you very much.

As you can see, I didn't pull any punches with this review. The zeroes across the board are exactly what this product deserves, and I hope this collection of negative reviews exposes NES for the scam that they really are.

I start out using every new product with optimism, and it really takes a lot for anything to *** me off enough to go below a 6 for the overall. But Tribustol has reached a new low.

Looking back at the website makes me want to puke. What an elaborate hoax.

May 11, 2013

• Easy To Take
      • Some Focus
      • Over Hyped
      • Ingredients Not Widely Familiar
      • Nothing To Write Home About
      First and foremost, I'd like to thank iSam, Cryo, Anabolic Adam, and everyone over at USP Labs for unexpectedly hooking me up with Versa-1 when I was part of the ER Program. My application to beta test this didn't make it through, but the boys hooked me up with a bottle anyways. Big shout out to everyone involved in making that happen!

Now for my first non-expert review in over a year. Even though I am now a representative for Ronnie Coleman Signature Series, I am still going to provide honest, objective reviews for any supplement I review on this site. Derek and the guys back at headquarters have actually encouraged me to continue to take other supplements and to review them; they are not blind to the fact that other companies produce kick-ass supplements and there is a lot to be learned from competitor's products.

That said, unfortunately USP Labs Versa-1 wasn't as kick-ass as I expected. Despite the incredible hype for this (as with most every USP product), it appears it has been very average for most users and the same goes for me.

Considering I got this about a week or two after beta testing started, I had no idea what to expect from the product. The bottle I got had no label on it, so I was pretty much flying blind. I assumed it would be up to par with other natty test-boosters I've taken in the past based on how it was marketed as a patented anabolic.

Lots of hype and lots of questions always make for a fun experience.

Profile: 6

1 Capsule: 400 mg
      N-(2-hydroxy-2(4-methoxyphenyl) ethyl-3-phenyl-2-propenamide
      Cytidine 5-diphoscholine

Come again? Honestly, if my bottle would've had these ingredients on it to begin with, I'd still consider myself to be flying blind. I've never heard of either of these ingredients before. I know USP Labs likes to take a novel approach with most of their ingredients, but I haven't had the best experience with their supps based around compounds I have no clue about (Compound 20, Anabolic Pump, etc.).

After a little digging on the interwebz, and through other informative reviews like the ones from WarMachine and Ron, this is what I gathered about the profile:

N-(2-hydroxy-2(4-methoxyphenyl) ethyl-3-phenyl-2-propenamide:

This is the long winded version of saying "Aegeline", which is a compound extracted from Aegle marmelos Correa.

There is a surprising lack of literature on this compound. From what I could find, doses comparable to 800 mg + in humans can reduce blood sugar levels, and doses closer to 400 mg have been shown to reduce triglycerides and improve cholesterol ratios. It appears these affects stem from Aegeline's ability to be a beta(3)-AR-agonist. I've heard of beta-2 agonists before, but never beta-3.

I did all the searching I could about Aegeline's impact on bodybuilding-related goals, and the only concrete thing I could come up with is that beta-3 antagonism isn't nearly as effective for lypolysis (fat loss) as beta-2 antagonism. After that, all I have to go off is USP's claims based on their "emerging animal research".

At lower doses, Aegeline has been shown to have a thermogenic effect and can also positively affect mood and well being. At higher doses as found in Versa-1, it has a profound anabolic affect which leads to increases in vascularity, hardness, and lean mass without a change in food intake.

Aegeline also has the ability to target a novel receptor cite called Trace Amine Associated Receptors. TAAR agonists have been shown to promote vigilance, wakefulness, improve cognition, and improve fat loss without the classic CNS stimulant feel.

Sounds great on paper, but didn't perform that way in real life. More on that later.

Cytidine 5-diphoscholine

This support ingredient is known as CitiCholine. It allegedly supports healthy acetylcholine levels, which is the neurotransmitter responsible for allowing muscle contractions. Hypothetically, more acetylcholine = stronger contractions, and therefore a better mind/muscle connection.

CitiCholine may also benefit memory function and attention.

I always commend USP Labs for taking the road less traveled with their ingredients. There's always the outside shot they strike gold with one of their extracts and change the supplement game as we know it. But with so little actually known about these compounds, I can't justify anything higher than a 6. Maybe more concrete research and a tweak in the amount (400 mg seems a bit low based on the research that exists) may change the score for profile.

Dosing: 10

Much easier to understand than the ingredients! I always took this 30-60 minutes before a workout or on an empty stomach first thing in the morning. I would also always take it with some form of caffeine (coffee, pre workout, fat burner, etc.) because I was told stimulants can catalyze the effects of Versa-1.

Taste/Mixability: N/A

No funky smell or burps, can't ask for much more from a pill.

Effectiveness: 6

Days 1-3

The first couple of times I used this, I thought I was in for a month of epic proportions. I stacked this with PES Enhanced on Day 1 and 3, and I have never had better focus in my entire life. My mood was clearly enhanced, my vascularity was up all day, and my focus was razor sharp.

When I talked to people between sets, I felt like the background became blurry and the person I was focusing on was my total center of attention. It was actually a really cool feeling. I was also really in tune with my breathing, and I was really getting into my music. I thought there might be some merit to the mind/muscle connection improvement too because I set a few PRs in those workouts and I felt like I had some great contractions throughout.

On the second day in between the workouts, I did fasted cardio while on Versa-1. Boy was that a treat! I had the time of my life on that treadmill for about 30 minutes. The Sportscenter I was watching was more entertaining than normal, and during commercials I was singing along with my music. I'm sure I got a few stares from the people in the gym with me. No shame.

Days 4-30

Similarly to the original Oxy Elite Pro, the effects completely fell off at a certain point. Not sure if I became immune that quickly or what, but even when I did stack this with Enhanced the focus was only slightly above average, and mood was affected all that much. Vascularity was very hit and miss, mostly miss.

As opposed to the first 3 days, I could barely tell I was taking anything for the next 3+ weeks.

If you looked at my log and pointed out that I went from 176 lbs to 170 lbs over the life of the bottle, you'd be absolutely correct. But I credit next to none of that weight loss to the Versa-1.

At the beginning of the bottle, I was coming off of a spring break chock full of binge eating, so my starting weight was unreasonably inflated by water weight and bloat.

While taking Versa-1, I switched my diet first to Intermittent Fasting, and then Carb Backloading. I credit the changes in diet with the majority of my weight loss because I didn't start losing weight until I made those changes. I also started running PES Alphamine near the end of my bottle of Versa-1, which surely aided in fat loss.

Strength gains were nothing out of the ordinary until I switched to Carb Backloading near the end of the bottle. Again, I credit diet way more than Versa-1. I can't justify anything higher than a 6 given those reasons.

Value: 8

At one pill a day, a bottle will last you a month. The suggested retail on USP's site is $60, meaning $2 a day. To once again quote Supa Hot, "SIKE, THAT'S THE WRONG NUMBA!"

Luckily, the market value for Versa-1 is much more reasonable. The lowest I've seen it is at Nutraplanet.com for $35, meaning it would set you back $1.17 a day before tax and shipping. Not bad considering this is a specialty supplement, not a staple, and considering that most other USP products are priced higher.

The value is the saving grace for this product. At only $35, you can afford to take a flyer on this and see if you're a responder if you have a little extra dough.

Overall: 6

So much hype, not so much follow through. USP does a fantastic job of drumming up excitement for their product releases, and this one looked very promising from the jump.

I'm disappointed this didn't do much for me outside of the first 3 days. I was really hoping this would be the first USP product with a special, novel extract/ingredient that would actually work for me. Again, no dice.

I likely won't be trying Versa-1 again unless it's reformulated, and I can't recommend picking this up over any other proven test booster like DAA that's currently on the market.

If you have had a good history with USP products, it's affordable enough to take a stab at this and see what happens. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

April 3, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Great Value On Sale
      • Excellent Profile
      • 50/30/20 Macronutrient Ratio
      • Healthiest Gainer You're Likely To Find
      • A Bit Pricey At Market Value
      Since I'm not currently running any supplements from the ER Group, I wanted to take the time to review a very underrated product that I have used multiple times in the past few months.

SciVation Mass Gainer is one of the cleanest gainers you will ever come across. The profile is built on a 50/30/20 ratio (carbs/protein/fat) and derives the majority of its nutritional value from organic and natural ingredients. There are also some additional goodies thrown in, which makes the deal even sweeter.

Since I was able to snag two tubs at a time both times I purchased this, I used four scoops per serving instead of three to bump up the caloric value.

I used this either as a pre workout "meal" during my bulking phase, or as a meal replacement. When taken pre workout, I'd lift an hour later. As a meal replacement, I would take it in between lunch and dinner.

Profile: 9

Calories: 3 Scoops = 410 / 4 Scoops = 525
      Fat: 3 Scoops = 8 g / 4 Scoops = 11 g
      Carbs: 3 Scoops = 52 g / 4 Scoops = 69 g
      Protein: 3 Scoops = 32 g / 4 Scoops = 43 g
      Creatine: 3 Scoops = 5 g / 4 Scoops = 6.5 g
      Betaine: 3 Scoops = 500 mg / 4 Scoops = 650 mg
      *Note: Vanilla has three less grams of carbs and ten less calories per three scoops

By the numbers alone, both the three and four scoop servings provide a great nutritional punch.

The fat sources include Omega 3s and 6s from fish, flax, and coconut oils, as well as Medium Chain Triglycerides. Only 2 g per three scoop serving is saturated fat, and there is 0 g trans fat (take a hint, Dymatize).

These fat sources will help limit your fat gain during a bulking phase and offer a multitude of health benefits, such as lowering cholesterol and improving joint and heart health.

The only complaint I have is that the Omega 3 value is only about 300-400 mg. If you're only taking one serving a day without any additional Omega 3 supplementation, that's on the low end of the spectrum.

The carbs are mostly low-glycemic. With only 11 g of sugar in a three scoop serving, this is the category where Mass Gainer puts other gainers to shame.

While most gainers are a crude mix of flavoring, saturated fat, and sugar hidden behind a badass label, SciVation took the time to source their carbs from nothing but high quality sources.

Organic brown rice and organic fractioned rice oligodextrines won't cause an unnecessary insulin spike. While these sources provide minimal fiber, these sources give you sustained energy in the gym.

The protein comes from a full spectrum blend of whey, milk, and casein fractions. This blend will provide a sustained stream of amino acids hours after you finish the shake.

I find the add-ons to be a bit questionable, but nice at the same time. The betaine is low even at four scoops, but it has been shown to have a synergistic effect when taken with creatine.

The creatine is in the form of creatine magnesium chelate. While the bond to a magnesium molecule allegedly allows for more efficient uptake of creatine into the muscle with less waste product, I'm a guy who will live and die by Creapure.

All told, I'm giving the profile a nine for its outstanding ratio of macronutrients as well as the plethora of clean sources that it features.

Taste/Mixability: 8.5

Having tried both the Chocolate Dream and Vanilla Sugar Cookie flavor, I am a much bigger fan of the Chocolate Dream flavor. I'd give that a 9, and the Vanilla a 7.5 for taste.

I'd literally crave the Chocolate. Nothing about it tasted fake or synthetic. The organic brown rice made it a bit chalky, but that actually made the shake's taste and texture remind me a lot of oatmeal. I love my oatmeal. And it tasted like smooth milk chocolate from start to finish.

With the Vanilla, the chalkiness was more noticeable, and it didn't quite compliment the flavor like it did the Chocolate. It tasted more like cake icing to me. While it wasn't bad, it wasn't spectacular.

Mixing was never an issue. No matter how much or little water I'd use, this would always mix right up in my Blender Bottle and would only force me to refill the shaker with a couple ounces of water once or twice to polish it all off. It's rare to be able to say that about a gainer.

No chunks, no foam, nothing adverse to report.

Effectiveness: 9

I felt I benefited greatly from both ways I used this. As a preworkout "meal", I felt the sustained energy of the carbs throughout my workout. As you are all probably aware, it's not like a stimulant energy, its more like a subtle boost that will aid your endurance in the gym.

The quality carbs and protein also contributed to a better pump in the gym. I could rest assured knowing my system would be flooded with aminos heading into the workout thanks to the whey protein, and that I'd be getting a constant stream of aminos during thanks to the milk and casein proteins. I also experienced improved recovery and decreased DOMs compared to other gainers I have tried.

As a meal replacement, this provided a healthy, delicious and ultra-convenient way to help me reach my macronutrient goals. It was nice to be able to pencil in the macros for a gainer and still have some carbs left over to allot to some other meals in the day (again, take a hint Dymatize).

I was able to gain size and strength during both of my runs. I was stacking this with multiple products both times, but I consider Mass Gainer to be a key cog in the mass and strength department.

Value: 7 – 9 (Average: 8)

Let me explain. Mass Gainer gets a 7 for its market value. If you were to take three scoops, once a day as recommended, you'd get 20 servings for $60. That's $3/day before tax.

Keep in mind that the majority of people would use this to replace a whole food meal. You can't buy any kind of whole food meal with the same nutritional value for the same price. Therefore, while I do think the per day price is a bit high at market value, it still deserves a seven because you'll be saving money in the long run.

I was lucky enough to snag two tubs on Black Friday for a total of $52. About a month or so later I bought two tubs for the same price on Nutra Planet's New Year's Sale. I guess Mass Gainer wasn't exactly flying off the shelves around New Year's. Lucky me.

Since I had two tubs, I had 120 total scoops at my disposal. Four scoops per day gave me a full 30 days for $52. That's about $1.73/day, which is an exceptional value given the profile and effectiveness.

Overall: 9

I'm surprised more people aren't giving Mass Gainer a shot. I know the industry standard is Pro Complex Gainer, but the profile for Mass Gainer gives PCG a run for its money.

I really like the approach of a healthy gainer with a solid macronutrient ratio. It shows that SciVation is really listening to user feedback and their desire to have a product that will truly maximize lean gains while minimizing fat gains. Frankly, I'm tired of gainers that make that claim and then fall short (Dymatize, I'm looking at you again!).

Now, if they could only get a little more creative with the name...

- JoeFlah

March 6, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Strength Gains
      • Usa Manufactured
      • Yeah Buddy!
      • Proprietary Blends
      • Underdosed
      "Everybody wanna be a bodybuilder... don't nobody wanna lift this heavy ass weight!"

Those words from Ronnie Coleman constantly rang in my ears for years, and for the month of February, I was lucky enough to have his entire line of supplements coursing through my veins.

A big thank you (yet again) is in order for everyone over at Ronnie Coleman Signature Series for hooking some ER Members up with the "Legend Stack" +1. The original "Legend Stack" is Pro-Antium Protein Complex, Myo-Blitz Pre Workout, Testogen-XR Test Booster, and Resurrect-PM Sleep Aid. Luckily for us, Stacked-NO Nitric Oxide Support was also thrown into the mix.

I'll give a quick overview of the entire stack, the good and the bad, and a Cliff Notes synopsis of each separate supplement. Like Clippy said, I don't want this review to resemble War and Peace lol.

Overall Impressions:

The fact that I got around $300 worth of free supplements from arguably the most badass bodybuilder to ever live is pretty much the only justification this stack needs.

All of the products cGMP certified and the labels all feature Ronnie flexing menacingly. Win-win.

Every product also features Senza-Cool flavoring technology, which was a bit strange. It made everything minty and gave the supps a "cool" aftertaste. If you've ever tried peppermint water, that's exactly how it felt. Odd, but it grows on you.

Inside the gym, there was nothing but progress to be made while on the stack. I posted these four-week progress numbers in my Myo-Blitz review, but they are worth repeating:

Weight: 176 to 174 (-2 lbs)
      Waist: 33 3/8 to 33 1/8 (-1/4 inch)
      Chest: 40 1/8 to 40 3/4 (+5/8 inch)
      Bench Press: 195 x 9 to 200 x 10
      Barbell Rows: 195 x 7 to 200 x 9
      Romanian Deadlifts: 225 x 12 to 245 x 14
      Leg Press: 380 x 13 to 405 x 13
      Pullups: 6 to 9
      Squats: 280 x 8 to 285 x 8

Stronger and leaner. You can't ask for much more in return. I was actually trying to gain weight while running these supplements, but I was able to trim some size off my waist while I was pushing heavier and heavier iron.

Outside the gym, there were a few pros and cons. The good was obviously the physical improvements that come with a bigger chest and smaller waist. I also looked more vascular throughout the day as opposed to running no supplements.

Resurrect-PM improved my sleep quality slightly, but I also found myself dreaming less. The alpha feeling definitely kicked in thanks to the DAA in the Testogen-XR, which was both good and bad, but mostly good.

On the flip side, I had some severe stomach issues near the end of my run with the stack. I chalk this up to Myo-Blitz, as many others have experienced similar stomach problems with it.

Testogen-XR also made me break out pretty bad, and like I said, that alpha feeling can be good and bad. Some days, things didn't feel quite right and I would get angry pretty easily at small things. Nothing you can't keep in check with a little self control.

Pro-Antium Protein Complex

- The Goods: Two 12-serving bags, one of Chocolate Cookie and one of Vanilla Wafer.
      - Dosing: 1 scoop either with pre or postworkout meal (lasted 24 workouts)
      - Highlights: 190 calories, 5 g fat, 10 g carbs (1g sugar), 29 g protein (complex), 5 g creatine, 2.5 g betaine
      - Pros: Nearly 30 g of mixed protein for sustained amino release. Recovery was on par with any other postworkout protein I've taken, maybe slightly better thanks to the creatine and betaine. Micronized creatine is a plus, and betaine enhances its absorption, so I like the synergy there. Both flavors taste good, but I preferred the Vanilla. Both include real cookie pieces, which definitely add to the flavor.
      - Cons: A little high in the fat department, but at least they are mostly MCTs, Omegas, and healthy fats. The mixability suffered a lot when mixing with 2% milk, and it wasn't much better in water. It would stick to the sides almost every time. Small gripe with not having Creapure as the creatine, and the amino content is a bit low (only 3.5 g of BCAA. Hydowhey, while not a perfect comparison, has 8.8 g BCAA). I like that the blend only includes whey, milk, and casein components, but whey concentrate is the first one listed. Would've rather had a blend built around an isolate or hydrolysate.
      - Value: $26 for a bag like I got, so $2.17 per scoop. The big tub is $63 for 50 servings, so $1.26 per scoop. The bags aren't cost effective, but the big tub sure is.
      - Verdict: I like how complete the profile is with the added creatine and betaine. If you get the big tub, you can afford to take it on off days too. I recommend this for anyone looking to maintain or add weight and strength. I'll give this one a solid 8.

Stacked N.O.

- The Goods: One bottle of 90 caps
      - Dosing: 6 caps (double dose) with pre workout meal (lasted 15 workouts)
      - Highlights: 3 g Citrulline, 1 g Agmatine
      - Pros: Stacked with Myo-Blitz and Testogen-XR, I got sick pumps during all my workouts. I would take these an hour preworkout and notice more veins popping out just from walking into the gym. The pump never became "painful". It also helped me attain a more vascular look throughout the day.
      - Cons: You have to take double the dose just to get any appreciable value of the ingredients, and even then the Citrulline is on the very low end. This NEEDS to be stacked, hence the name. Losses points for not being a viable stand alone. Also may be a lot more pills than people generally want to take in one sitting (though it wasn't a problem for me). It also doesn't last long at the six cap dose.
      - Value: Found it at allstarhealth.com for $40. Three cap dose = $1.33 per workout for 30 workouts. Six cap dose (recommended) = $2.67 per workout for 15 workouts.
      - Verdict: It's a nice add on, but nothing more. For the price and length of the cycle, I probably wouldn't buy it. Instead, look for a preworkout that already contains a good amount of N.O. boosters. Have to give this one a 6.

Myo-Blitz (for a more in-depth look at MB, check my review: http://supplementreviews.com/ronnie-coleman-signature-series/myo-blitz)

- The Goods: 1 tub of Fruit Punch Fusion, 30 servings
      - Dosing: 2 scoops immediately preworkout (lasted 15 workouts)
      - Highlights: 12 grams of active ingredients in two scoops, featuring Creatine Gluconate, Citrulline, Aminos, Leucic Acid (HICA), Citrus Aurantium Extract for increased thermogenesis, and Astragin to enhance nutrient absorption.
      - Pros: Energy was phenomenal. Mildly crashed more often than not, but the improved acuity, energy, and mood during my workout was worth it. Contributed to a great pump without fail. The two pounds I lost lend some credibility to adding a thermo to a pre workout, and Astragin sounds awesome in my opinion. I have no clue why other companies aren't using it more given that it enhances vitamin and nutrient uptake, as well as amino absorption by 67%.
      - Cons: Tastes funky, especially with the minty cool aftertaste. It's like fruit punch chemically cough syrup, and then minty. It does grow on you a bit. Losses points for being a proprietary blend, and I also don't like that it doesn't include Beta Alanine to help with muscular fatigue. My main problem with Myo was how it affected my stomach. Strange pains and long trips in the bathroom = no bueno. Granted, I was taking two scoops when the recommendation is only one. Also, this may sound petty, but I don't like that there's 16 calories in two scoops.
      - Value: 30 serving tubs go for $38. That's $1.27 per workout using one scoop, and $2.54 per workout using two. Decent value either way.
      - Verdict: As long as your taste buds and stomach will allow it, two scoops of Myo-Blitz make for one helluva workout. I strongly recommend it for those who can handle it thanks to its fat burning properties and how it contributes to your energy and pump. Myo grabs an 8.

Testogen-XR

- The Goods: 1 tub of Orange Creamsicle, 30 servings
      - Dosing: 1 scoop with Myo-Blitz on workout days, 1 scoop with breakfast on off days (lasted 30 days)
      - Highlights: 3.12 g DAA, 1 g Agmatine
      - Pros: Along with Stacked NO and Myo-Blitz, this completes the sick pump trifecta. On off days, I would take this before cardio and could feel improved circulation. Contributed to the all-day vascularity I experienced. You can definitely feel the DAA kick in around week two. If you can channel that shift in mood into aggression into the gym like I did, then it's a plus. Pump/test-boost blend resembles Test Powder; both products are winners in my book. Tasted and mixed just fine, even though I wasn't expecting orange with a minty aftertaste to taste good.
      - Cons: Compared to Test Powder, this doesn't have any built in estrogen blockers, so you'd have to pony up some extra dough if you wanted one. The additional 2.422 g prop blend is interesting, but there's no telling how much of what is even in there. I doubt it contributed much to the effectiveness of the product. And like I said earlier, if you let the alpha feeling of this test booster consume you, then you could be spending a lot of your time mad at life.
      - Value: $49 for 30 servings, meaning each day of the month will set you back $1.63. That's a cheaper per serving value than Test Powder, and you also get more days out of it.
      - Verdict: This was probably my favorite product in the stack. It increased my strength, aggression, and pump in the gym. If you can deal with the minor side effects, this is a solid test booster for an even better price. Testogen gets a 9.

Resurrect-P.M.

- The Goods: 1 tub of Blue Razz Dream, 25 servings
      - Dosing: 1 scoop before bed, 5 nights a week (lasted 5 weeks)
      - Highlight: 1 g GABA, 1 g Arginine, 1 g Mucuna Pruriens, Creatine Gluconate, HICA
      - Pros: This improved sleep efficiency, meaning I felt better on less sleep. Never got the sleep hangover or morning grogginess. The taste is weird in a good way, I liked it a lot. Turns your teeth blue but whatever. I like that it includes creatine, this is the first sleep aid I've noticed that. Noticed crazy vascularity after taking this too, but that happens to me at night anyways even when I don't take anything. It's just much more pronounced with the Resurrect. I also like that it's a powdered sleep aid, a nice changeup from all the pills.
      - Cons: The scheduling was strange. 5 days on 2 days off is just unconventional, and even though I didn't miss any days, there's definitely the potential for you to forget. I noticed I didn't dream as often with Resurrect, and if I'm not mistaken dreams indicate more REM cycles, which is the recuperative part of sleep. I also feel like other sleep aids I've taken have worked better.
      - Value: $38 for a tub, and with the wacky scheduling, the value is $7.60 per week. It would be $1.52 per day, but you don't take it every day. Better value than most powdered sleep aids, but most pill form sleep aids cost way less per serving.
      - Verdict: Resurrect did its job, but nothing above and beyond the call of duty. If you have the cash, give it a shot. But this gets an average 7.

If I had to rank the products, Testogen, Myo-Blitz, Pro-Antium, Resurrect, and finally Stacked NO. Averaging out all of the scores gets the whole stack 7.6 for an overall score. I'll round up to 8 because I'm a nice guy.

As far as total effectiveness, I have to go with a 9 here. I still can't get over the fact I was eating +3000 calories a day and only lifting 4 times a week and was still able to gain strength while losing weight.

Value is another story. I'm not even sure buying all five products at the same time is feasible for most people. Adding up the cheapest prices I found still totals up to $228 before tax and shipping.

I really don't know how to gauge value for a stack, but considering it will set anyone back nearly $300, I wouldn't feel right giving it anything higher than a 6 for value. That's not to say you don't get what you pay for, that's just a lot to commit to supplements at one time.

YEAH BUDDY! All told, I'm super stoked I was able to run all five supplements for a full month on the company's dime. If you have the cash to do so, I strongly recommend you pick up a Legend Stack to see what I'm talking about.

If you want a more in-depth look at my experience with the RCSS Legend Stack, check out my log entries from pages 19 to 24: http://supplementreviews.com/forum/index.php?topic=21724.270.

February 23, 2013

• A Little Expensive
      • Prop Blend!
      • Stomach Issues
      YEAH BUDDY!

A huge shout out is in order for my original idol of the iron, Mr. Olympia himself, Ronnie Coleman. He and all of the gracious folks who take of his Signature Series supplement line were kind enough to hook up 5 members of the ER team with their ENTIRE product line. We're talking upwards of $300+ dollars worth of supplements in exchange for some damn good objective reviews.

So for the first review in what will end up being a series of five total, let's take a look at Myo-Blitz, a concentrated preworkout.

The approach to Myo Blitz was to try to make a hybrid between the...
      YEAH BUDDY!

The approach to Myo Blitz was to try to make a hybrid between the old school, fully loaded, non-concentrated preworkouts and the new-aged, ultra-concentrated preworkouts. In essence, trying to put a lot of active ingredients in a small serving size.

Myo-Blitz also boasts the ability to amplify N.O. production, be DMAA free, provide fat burning support, and spur new muscle growth.

Based on my observations and the product label, I can say that all of these claims were met by Myo-Blitz. It's nice to see a company make REASONABLE label claims, and it's even nicer to see them back it up.

Profile/Dosing: 8

The ingredient profile itself was a bit odd. There were some names and bonds in the prop blends that I've never seen before. And having prop blends at all is a bit sketchy.

Even though the label says not to (sorry guys over at RCSS), I took 2 scoops before every workout, stacked with Testogen-XR and Stacked N.O. I'll list the one scoop serving profile, but keep in mind that I was getting double of everything. Let's get technical!

Serving Size: 8 grams
      Servings/Container: 30
      Calories: 8
      Fat: 0g
      Carbs: 2g (Sugar: 0g)
      Protein: 0g
      Myo-Blitz Proprietary Blend (6,117mg)
      3X-Treme Energy Shock: L-Phenylalanine, L-Taurine, L-Tyrosine, Glucuronolactone, Caffeine Anhydrous, Citrus Aurantium Extract, Schizandra Extract, SensaCool Flavoring
      3X-Pansion & Recovery Matrix: Creatine (L-Creatine & Creatine Gluconate), L-Citrulline, HICA, AstraGin (Astragalus membrenaceus) (root)

The first three ingredients in the 3X-Treme Energy Shock blend are amino acids. Studies suggest they can all play a role in improving mental acuity, focus, mood, and athletic performance.

Glucuronolactone increases perceived energy and alertness, which is why it's found in common energy drinks like Red Bull. Caffeine also works synergistically with Glucunolactone, and we all know what caffeine can do on its own for energy and pain reduction purposes.

Citrus aurantium extract, aka bitter orange, increases resting BMR and thermogenisis without spiking your heart rate. Schizandra Extract supports "vitality", memory, and reduces stress.

SensaCool is a type of flavoring system that makes everything have a minty aftertaste and makes your mouth feel like you've been sucking on a mint for a while. Mint aftertaste on a fruit punch supplement? Not the best combo. More on this later.

This part of the blend worked PHENOMENALLY. Remember, I was taking double the dose of this because I'm tolerant to stimulants. But I have to say the energy and focus I got from Myo Blitz was probably the third best I've experienced next to Anabolic Kreations G33k3d and Purus Muscle Marinade.

I could also kind of tell my mood was improving. It cleared my mind of all of the extra clutter that is constantly going on. It's a zen-like focus, and it's more of a "feel good" energy spike than most preworkouts.

The energy increase is quick and I was in the zone following my full body warmup, before I even touched a weight. There weren't any jitters, even at two scoops. And I did notice my body temperature go up more than normal, almost like when I take a thermo. Nothing uncomfortable though.

That said, I did crash more often than not from this. But I rolled with the punches.

The 3X-Pansion blend is a little more straight forward. Creatine is basically a must for any pre if you want added muscular energy and strength. I'm assuming L-Creatine is regular old mono, but creatine gluconate is a much more stable than regular creatine. Apparently, it doesn't convert to creatinine in the gut and absorbs more rapidly and completely.

Honestly, I couldn't tell any difference in added strength from most pres that include Creapure. But I can live with this creatine blend, and if the claims are true, less is needed to be just as effective as Creapure.

L-Citrulline is my vasodilator of choice, so bravo, RCSS. It converts to l-arginine in the body, which produces nitric oxide. But I don't respond to anything less than 6g of citrulline at a time. Even 2 scoops of Myo Blitz probably won't deliver that much seeing how low it is in the blend. But remember, I was stacking this with Testogen-XR and Stacked N.O., so the pump was there in a big way because each product has N.O. producing ingredients.

HICA, or Leucic Acid, is a metabolite of Leucine. It increases protein synthesis while reducing muscle breakdown, and it can reduce DOMs. HICA worked well for me when I was cutting and was trying to maintain muscle mass when it was included in PES Alphamine, and it worked well again here.

AstraGin is something I've never seen before. It's a natural compound that has been shown (in 12 studies) to significantly improve absorption of nutrients in humans. It improves amino absorption by 67%, vitamin absorption by 50%, and ATP production by 18%.

Given its benefits, I'm surprised I'm not seeing AstraGin in more products, especially amino acid mixes. I have no way of scientifically proving this, and I'm not sure what absorbing more nutrients would "feel like", but the studies and numbers are there to back it up.

I always knock some points for prop blends, since there's no way to be exactly sure what you're getting. Also a minor gripe with the 8 calories and 2g carbs (16 and 4g for me), I like my pres to be zeroed out.

But all told, I think the profile deserves an 8. It covers all the bases in terms of pump, strength, energy, focus, and even a little bit of fat burning.

Effectiveness: 8

Given that I was running this as a part of the entire RCSS Stack, I'm going to try my best to isolate Myo-Blitz effectiveness, but just keep in mind that other products were aiding my progress as well. I also switched up my workout routine to an upper/lower body split, so the new frequency to my workouts may be helping as well.

In 4 weeks (most notable improvements):
      Weight: 176 to 174 (-2 lbs)
      Waist: 33 3/8 to 33 1/8 (-1/4 inch)
      Chest: 40 1/8 to 40 3/4 (+5/8 inch)
      Bench Press: 195 x 9 to 200 x 10
      Barbell Rows: 195 x 7 to 200 x 9
      Romanian Deadlifts: 225 x 12 to 245 x 14
      Leg Press: 380 x 13 to 405 x 13
      Pullups: 6 to 9
      Squats: 280 x 8 to 285 x 8

Most other lifts in between rose slightly too in either reps or weight. The progress wasn't anything astonishing, but I'd consider it slightly above average. What sets it apart for me was that I got stronger while losing weight and tightening my waistline. This speaks to the fat burning aspect of MB.

Also, the pump is undeniable, but that's also while taking Testogen-XR and Stacked N.O. However, I do consider this to be the main contributor, then TXR, and finally the SNO.

Taste/Side Effects: 4

No bueno. First off, the taste. Remember I said minty fruit punch? Now add cough syrup. Not so good, but it does grow on you a bit. It actually reminded me a lot of Beast Nutrition Beast Mode, for anyone who's had that. No mixing problems to report.

And for side effects... let's just say Myo-Blitz may also be a description of what you will be doing to your toilet when you're done working out. I think this is why the label says limit to one scoop.

I had TERRIBLE stomach pains and multiple long stays in the bathroom on more than one occasion near the end of my cycle with this. But I figured the positives outweighed the negatives, so I kept doing 2 scoops. I'm one a dem dere "ignorant youths".

A word to the wise: IF YOU HAVE A WEAK STOMACH, MYO-BLITZ IS NOT FOR YOU.

Value: 7

Myo-Blitz comes in 10 and 30 serving tubs. No clue why anyone would buy 10 servings. But the 30 serving tub is a decent value. Muscleandstrength.com has it listed for $38, which would mean about $1.27 per scoop, or $2.54 per 2 scoops (before tax and shipping).

One scoop value is decent, 2 scoop value isn't all that great. Together that gives Myo an average 7 for value.

Overall: 8

As long as your stomach and tastebuds allow it, I say give Myo-Blitz a try. The energy and focus you get are top notch, and I'm willing to say that this will give a pretty good pump as a standalone. You also get a nice bump in strength and even fat loss, which is rare/weird/pleasing in a pre.

And don't take the "maybe" recommendation negatively, I only put that to note the people who will be turned away from this by the stomach issues. For everyone else who can handle it, two thumbs up.

1 down, 4 more RCSS products to go!
      LIGHT WEIGHT BABY!

January 20, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Focus Is Unbelievable
      • Increased Stamina
      • Increased Strength
      • Increased Confidence
      • Tastes Good
      • Mixes Well
      • You Don't Get The 45 Scoops You Pay For!
      A big "thank you" as always is in order for all of the kind folks over at Anabolic Kreations for participating in the ER Program. I was lucky enough to get my hands on their new concentrated pre workout called "G33k3d". Anabolic Kreations is a relatively new company, so I was honored to be a pseudo "beta-tester" of sorts for this product.

Welcome to the world of SR, Anabolic Kreations!

At first glance, I though AK was some sort of affiliate company for USP Labs. Seeing all of the "3s" in place of "Es" isn't exactly new and original.

The product itself is absolutely phenomenal...

Welcome to the world of SR, Anabolic Kreations!

The product itself is absolutely phenomenal. The labeling and almost everything involved drove me up a wall. I won't really section off this review as much as usual so I can get all my thoughts out in one clear shot.

As with most concentrated pre workouts, the label suggests to gauge your tolerance by starting with one scoop and working up to three. I strongly suggest following that recommendation, but since I an extremely tolerant of stims, I decided to go straight for the three scoop serving.

Over winter break, I had four weeks at the XSport by my house to really buckle down and get after it. I had 1 serving of my previous pre workout to go, and I was working out four times a week. So out of the 16 workouts I had planned, I had 15 of them to use the G33k3d.

How convenient: 15 workouts, 15 3-scoop servings to use.

Or so I though. On week four, I find myself scrapping the bottom of the tub. Empty 3 workouts earlier than the bottle said I would last.

This has seriously never happened to me before. I have been given extra servings of product in various tubs before, but usually it's right on the mark at what's listed. This is the very first time I've ever gotten shorted, and this was A LOT.

By taking 3 scoops per workout, I missed out on 3 sessions with this stuff. Considering how well this works, that would make anyone mad. Imagine the people who still get effects from two or even one scoop? That would be missing out on 4.5 or 9 full workouts, dose dependant.

Even though I got this for free, this is probably the worst thing a company could do. I'm sorry guys, you make a fantastic product, but if people are paying their hard earned cash on it, give them what you claim you will.

I have to give value a 5 for this. Unacceptable. I'm not even sure what the actual price for AK is on the open market because I don't think they've made this available for sale yet. But no matter the price, you should be getting what you paid for.

The only other problem I have with this product is the use of a proprietary blend. 3 scoops yields 6.775 mg of the following ingredients:

Physical Fortitude Fusion: Beta-Alanine, Di-Creatine Malate, Citrulline Malate, Agmatine Sulfate.

Enhanced Cognitive Composite: 1,3-Dimethyl-7H-Purine-2,6-Dione, Taurine, N-Acetyl-Tyrosine, Caffeine Citrate, Nicotinic Acid, Ascorbic Acid, Cyanocobalamin.

I like the direction they're going in here, but allow me to pick it apart (maybe a little too harshly, but that's just what I do best lol).

Having just under 7 grams of ingredients total means that the Physical Fortitude Fusion blend is underdosed. No ifs ands or buts. The studied effective doses for Beta-Alanine and Creatine alone would total over 8 grams.

Even anecdotally, the Agmatine probably isn't even 1 full gram because while the increase in pump was there, it wasn't anything spectacular.

I'm also not a fan of not using CarnoSyn Beta Alanine. It's like CreaPure Creatine Monohydrate, it's a trademarked version ensuring you're getting the highest quality of ingredient available.

Call me a stickler for rules and for scientific studies and what not, but I like my pre's to live up to those standards to show that the company actually wants to aid the athlete consuming the product and not just profit off of it.

I would've also liked to see CreaPure instead of Di Creatine-Malate for the same purity reasons, and because while bonding Creatine with Malic Acid does allow it to absorb faster in the body, some of the Malic Acid molecules never release their bonds with the creatine after consuming it. That means some of it doesn't even go to your muscles and just gets flushed out of your system.

In the profile department, it gets a 7.5, an additional little knock coming for shorting me 9 scoops (yes, my jimmies have been sufficiently rustled). I pity the fools who don't disclose their ingredient amounts!

But sometimes, even when the numbers match up to the study, the anecdotal response you get to the product isn't all that great (a la Purus Labs Condense). There are also times that a profile that don't look like it has much behind it ends up blowing you away.

THIS IS THE LATTER. THIS STUFF WORKS. PERIOD.

I just spent a bunch of paragraphs bashing a lot of technical stuff. But when you get that full 3 scoop serving in you, you might as well have jumped in a phone booth and reemerged as Super Man!

Bar none, this pre workout has given me the best focus of anything I have ever tried. This was the major selling point of the product in the first place, and there is no doubting that AK nailed it right on the head with this one.

I won't even question what or how much of what is in the Enhanced Cognitive Composite blend. Within 15 minutes of downing 3 scoops you are on another planet and all you want to do is hammer out rep after rep.

The focus is razor sharp and spills over into almost every other category you can think of. It helps on the energy front because you are so focused on what's next that you almost forget that you're getting tired. It sounds surreal, but it's not, at least in my experience.

It also helps out in the strength department. G33k3d puts you in a mood where you have 110% confidence in everything you are about to do. A doubt never crept in to my mind about my heavier sets of bench press and deadlifts that I was doing in the latter days of my 5/3/1 program. I just kept saying "good set, what's next". I felt like a machine and all I wanted to do for the 60-90 minutes I was in the gym was make the iron know who's boss.

The pump wasn't anything spectacular, but I think the quality of workout I was getting due to the focus increased my pump. The split I was working with didn't exactly lend to the pump either. I was doing the 5/3/1 program to start and generally worked in the 11/9/7 rep range on accessory work. There wasn't much "pumping" work being done, but I was still feeling a subtle pump in every working muscle group being worked.

My endurance also benefited from being so focused. I felt like I was in a trance and as soon as I caught my breath, it was on to the next set. No reservations, I was just in attack mode the whole time.

For these reasons, I have to give effectiveness a 9. Despite all of the technical and labeling problems, this stuff was astonishing when it came to actually taking it. My strength numbers jumped on pretty much every lift week in and week out, and G33k3d had a large hand in doing that even though I drastically upped my amino intake for my four weeks at home.

The taste was pleasing as well, worthy of an 8.5. The Multiplexer Melon tasted like watered down fruit punch with a melon after taste. Mixed up just fine with just a little bit of foam on top, and there was no chemical hint to the taste whatsoever.

All told, I have to give G33k3d a 7. This stuff is all over the map. It works like a charm at 3 scoops, but you're not getting a full 45 scoops even when they say you are.

Other than slight tweaks to the profile, I'd love to try this stuff again just for the focus aspect. I'd also venture to say that this type of product would be good for not just bodybuilding, but sporting events, powerlifting, cross fit, you name it. You don't get restricted by a major pump and the endurance and energy and amplified by the Twilight-Zone style focus.

If Anabolic Kreations fixes their servings issue, I would have 0 reservations recommending this to people, but I just don't feel right recommending something where you won't get what you pay for. But what you do get works, and works well.

This gets a thumbs sideways until further notice.

January 12, 2013

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Burns Fat
      • Recompositioning
      • Prop Blend!
      First and foremost, a big thank you to my guys Cray and FlashSunday over at AMS/Forerunner Labs for hooking up a few of us in the Expert Reviewer Group with 2 bottles of their recomp product Ursol XT.

After 2 bottles and about a month's worth of experience with it, I will say that I was pleasantly surprised at how well the product helped me gain strength while simultaneously stripping some body fat (A.K.A. a legitimate recomposition of my body).

While I've taken other recomp products before, Ursol XT doesn't exactly compare to any of them. Unlike Anabolic Innovations Glycobol or Purus Labs Slin Shot, UXT doesn't rely on an insulin-mimicking effect to work.

I'll discuss how it works in a minute, but first, the pudding from which I found my proof in:

Effectiveness – 8

The first big signal that this was helping me "lean out" was that my bodyweight went from 176 lbs to 173 lbs over the 40 or so days I used this. 3 lbs might not seem like much, but I was not looking to lose any weight at all during this time frame.

I wanted to maintain or even gain some solid weight, and I ate accordingly. I tried my best to get at least 3000 calories a day and at least 200 grams of protein. But the fact that I was able to gain strength while also losing weight leads me to believe that I was able to cut mostly fat while maintaining or even adding a little bit of muscle.

During the later stages of my UXT run, I switched up to leading off my workouts with heavier compound movements like bench press and squats for lower reps than usual. So even though the numbers don't exactly compare, here's how they changed over the month with UXT flowing through my veins:

Bench Press: 190x8 to 230x3
      High Incline Military Press: 60x11 (dumbbells) to 160x3 (barbell)
      Barbell Rows: 180x7 (underhand) to 200x7 (overhand, which is harder)
      Squat: 265x8 to 330x1
      Deadlift: 270x11 to 370x1

The weight definitely shot up, but the reps went down accordingly, so the overall impact is kind of a grey area. The most telling improvements came from my accessory work, which was more hypertrophy based. I felt like I was improving by at least a rep or the lowest weight increment on at least one lift every workout. I'd say that's a bit above average.

On a side note, I thought I would be able to enhance my recomping effects by stacking UXT with USP Labs Compound 20. After staying at 175 lbs with the stack, I ran out of C20. Over the next 2 weeks, I dropped the other 2 lbs with just the UXT. I also felt sick and generally tired a lot of the time when stacking these 2 recomp products together, but after I cut out the C20 everything went back to normal. I now know that a) I don't respond well to C20 at all because this is the second time it has done that to me and b) UXT as a standalone for the whole time period probably would've worked even better if the C20 wasn't there to hinder it.

From an aesthetic point of view, I did notice I looked more vascular after eating a meal in conjunction with the UXT. It wasn't a full on "food pump" people can experience with Glycobol or Anabolic Pump, but I've come to think of that as a visual cue that my body is utilizing carbs more efficiently and is making the meal more anabolic.

Profile/Dosing – 8

The bottle says to dose this product at 4 capsules per day, meaning each 120 cap bottle would last 30 days. However, after reading Deumcole's log and noticing he had a better experience with 6 caps/day, I decided to use that protocol. I would take 3 pills with my 1st meal of the day (preworkout meal or breakfast) and then 3 with a meal 6-8 hours later. Very simple.

Now on to the goods. The label on UXT makes a lot of pretty bold claims, the one that stands out the most obviously being "myostatin inhibitor". The other claims of "lean mass builder" and "fat burner" were already proven by my experiences above, but the jury's out on the whole myostatin thing. In my opinion, the whole idea of inhibiting myostatin is a bunch of bologna, no matter what ingredients the company uses in a product. It's still such a novel concept at this stage. But here's a brief run through of the ingredients that they have some reason to believe "inhibits myostatin" to some extent:

- Hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin: I will restate what Duemcole so eloquently stated in his review: this is the main ingredient in Febreze. Yum. On a brighter note, HBC enhances the solubility and stability of a supplement that is mixed with it, and it also helps deliver the supplement it is attached to to cell membranes.
      - Piperine: enhances cognition, has anti-depressant properties, and also enhances the absorption of nutrients in the body.
      - Coleus Forskolin: This is where the real fun begins. It is a non-hormonal, plant-derived herb that has vasodilating properties and has been shown to burn fat. By activating the adenylate cyclase enzyme, the forskolin activates a lipoprotein lipase, which then breaks down stored fat and allows your body to burn it as fuel. This ingredient most likely produced the vascular look after dosing it.
      - Ursolic Acid: still a relatively new and hotly debated ingredient in the bodybuilding realm. On paper, it is shown to have a gamut of positive effects, and Forerunner Labs even went so far as to put "there is evidence to suggest that Ursolic Acid can inhibit myostatin to a certain degree" in their product write up. Personally, I think that part is hogwash. But it has also been shown in studies to increase muscle mass and burn body fat at a proportional rate. Based on my results, I'd say this claim checks out.

4 caps deliver 4,875 mg of this proprietary blend, so I was getting around 7,300 mg with 6 pills. The words "proprietary" and "blend" make my soul die a little bit every time I hear them back to back, so the profile gets knocked a little bit for that. I'm also not sure of the effective dosages of these ingredients are, so I was basically flying blind and trusting Forerunner to nail the proper doses with this one. Seems like they did a good job, deserving of an 8.

Value – 8

No matter how you dose it, this stuff is pretty economical for how it works. 1 bottle would typically last 30 days, and the going rate seems to be about $20. That's about $.67 a day for a specialty supp, which is a solid value.

Dosing it at 6 pills a day like I did, you'd need 2 bottles for a cycle of 40 days. 40 days, $40, $1 a day. Still worth it in my opinion considering how it worked. Hate to keep comparing it to Glycobol, but that can go for around $35 for 30 days. In my experience, this recomp product worked better for cheaper.

Taste/Mixability – N/A

Just pills. Pop "˜em and pound "˜em. I know people had some weird aftertaste or smoky burps with other Ursolic Acid based products on this site in the past, but I had none whatsoever with UXT. The only comment I can make about the taste is that the pills smelled and tasted a little like black pepper. I know now that that is from the piperine, and it's no big deal anyway.

Overall – 8

Solid 8s across the board. This was a nice surprise for me considering my mediocre luck with recomp products overall and the pretty outlandish claims about myostatin inhibition. I think I would look a tad bit... just kidding, a HELL OF A LOT bigger if there was any real myostatin inhibition going on. I don't think the field of sports medicine has progressed to the point of figuring out how to pull that off yet.

Outside of that, Ursol XT helped me keep my waistline in check while still eating enough to gain tangible strength. You can't ask for much more from a natural product, especially for the price.

If you're tired of the insulin mimicking recomp products, or want to try something different just because, I recommend you give UXT a go.

December 11, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • Improved Recovery
      • Nutrient Partitioning
      • Doesn't Mix Well (what Bcaa Does?)
      Ahh yes, BCAAs. This review should be short and sweet for one of the tried and true staples of the supplement industry.

I'd like to personally thank everyone over at Muscle Feast for hooking up the ER Group with various products from their line.

I wanted to try out their BCAA 4:1:1 as a post-workout recovery aid since I ran out of my previous one, ALRI Huma Pro. I also wanted to compare the effects of a regular BCAA product to the Huma Pro to see if Huma Pro's absurd price tag would be justifiable.

In my honest opinion, save your money and go back to regular BCAAs like this. Here's why.

Effectiveness: 8
      I used Huma Pro and this BCAA product the same way: 2 servings immediately post workout followed by a whole food meal about 30 minutes later. The reasoning behind this is because as specific amino supplements, neither was a "complete protein" supplement. They would do a good job at rapidly replenishing my amino acid stores in my muscles, but whole food proteins are also necessary because they contain a full spectrum of aminos, which are necessary to fully synthesize protein.

I thought I could get the best of both worlds: a quick replenishment of amino acid stores from an amino supplement to stave of catabalism, followed by a whole food meal to encourage protein synthesis.

I found that this method helped improve my recovery while using both Huma Pro and BCAA 4:1:1. Therefore, I can't justify paying nearly $60 for Huma Pro when pure BCAAs like these are so cheap.

My recovery was the same with both. DOMs were reduced the day after lifting. I might even say they were reduced moreso with regular aminos than Huma Pro.

I really only focused on the recovery aspect of this product, I don't feel that amino intake has a direct correlation to strength gain. They do so in a round about way (improving recovery so you can lift more frequently, preventing your body from eating away at stored aminos in muscles, etc.)

But one hidden plus I found in using BCAAs postworkout was enhancing my post workout creatine absorption. After lifting, I'd take 2 servings of 4:1:1 (providing about 8 g leaucine) along with 5 g creatine. Studies have shown that leucine can cause a small spike in insulin when taken in large doses postworkout. The exact numbers are fuzzy, but each study I've come across has used 5-10 g leucine and have noted at least an 18% increase in insulin secretion.

This can be another tool in the arsenal of dieters who are trying to avoid taking in too many simple carbs and sugars pre contest. It's also convenient for people who are predisposed to add large amounts of bodyfat when ingesting simple sugars. This is a good alternative. It might not cause as dramatic of a spike, but I did notice my muscles had a more vascular look after I took my dose of BCAA and creatine, and this was the same look and feeling I got when I took insulin mimickers like GlycoBol or Slin Shot.

For doing its job, and doing it well, BCAA gets an 8 for the recovery and nutrient partitioning benefits.

Profile/Dosing - 9
      I double dosed this postworkout, so each 200 gram container would provide 17 servings. The only ingredient: Free Form Branch Chain Amino Acids. Gotta love it.

Per 4 scoops
      Leucine: 7.836 grams
      Isoleucine: 1.96 grams
      Valine: 1.96 grams

Basically 8 grams of leucine, which is the anabolic driver of the 3 aminos and plays a role in protein synthesis. But keeping the other two in the mix at low doses is a good idea. I am in the school of thought that leucine is most effective when isoleucine and valine are present, and both isoleucine and valine have their own benefits like helping to oxidize fat and regulating blood sugar.

What I also like about this is that they don't use any laughably underdosed filler ingredients like many popular BCAA/intra supplements use these days. What's the point of having 1 gram of citrulline or somthing like that when all that's going to do is jack up the cost? Just gimme the goods.

Value - 8
      17 servings per container if you dose it the way I did. This product is pretty much only available directly from Muscle Feast's website for only $16. Therefore, my per serving value was about $.94.

This is actually lower than most proteins cost per serving, but since it's not a complete protein, you don't "get as much" in the product. They also offer larger tubs (800 and 1600 gram tubs) of this, which would have a higher per serving value. But for the tub I had, good value but nothing mind blowing = 8.

Taste/Mixability - 7
      This was just "meh". From my own experience with BCAAs I've grown accustom to them not fully mixing on the first few rounds of shaking. This was no exception.

The taste wasn't as bad as other unflavored BCAAs I've had before. I was actually very pleased with this, as the taste was smooth rather than tart despite having a high leucine concentration.

Overall - 8
      BCAAs that are high in leucine should be a staple for any serious lifter. They aren't anything fancy, but their benefits to recovery simply can't be ignored.

I only used this post workout, but it is also very versatile in that it can be used before, during, and even throughout the day to help stay anabolic. BCAAs won't give you results like a SARM or PH would, but their continued use will cover you bases for growth and keep you headed in the right direction.

I strongly recommend using a pure BCAA product like BCAA 4:1:1 if you don't already use one.

November 26, 2012

Pros:
       Cons:
      • No Dyes
      • No Hidden Ingredients
      • Increased Strength
      • Stackable
      • Clinical Doses Of Ingredients
        Big shout out to Cellucor for hooking up some of the ER Crew with either COR Performance Creatine or their Beta BCAA product. I'm more than pleased that I got to test out a tub of COR Creatine, which is basically a Creapure version of Green MAGnitude with an added absorption blend.

Over time, I have noticed that Creapure works better than any other creatine I have used, and that goes for many others on this site, so that is an immediate plus.

I also really dig their "size matters" mantra in their new COR series. They make a point of putting clinical doses of everything in each product in the COR line, which is HUGE in my book. Since they disclose the amounts of every ingredient, there's no guess work to be done. There's a lot of what works, and nothing that is unnecessary.

Can't wait until they drop their COR Protein and N.O. products! On to the review!

Effectiveness – 9

I'm not going to lie, this creatine exceeded my expectations. There might be something to this "Creasorb Blend" after all.

Over the course of running this, I worked with a hypertrophy-specific routine, keeping my sets in the 8-12 range and not exceeding 3 sets for any exercise (excluding warmup sets). This is more or less typical of how my splits usually look, so I was expecting similar gains over the 4 week period. But looking back on the gains I made, especially on the core lifts in my routine, and I can honestly say the progress was better than ordinary.

Bench Press: 185x7 to 190x8
        Underhand Barbell Row: 165x13 to 180x11
        Barbell Curls: 75x11 to 85x8
        Squats: 255x9 to 265x8
        Deadlifts: 255x10 to 265x11

Pretty much every other lift in my routine also experienced a increase in reps or weight, but the 5 I listed above were most pronounced. My bodyweight went from about 170 to 174 and both my chest and neck gained a solid inch in size while my waistline gained barely ¾ of an inch.

Keep in mind that I stacked this with Jack3d Micro and 4g of Beta Alanine as part of my preworkout drink, and I was also taking Test Powder at the time. But even when I have stacked test boosters with creatine before, I haven't experienced gains like these.

Since this is a fairly basic creatine supplement, I do recommend stacking, at least with Beta Alanine because of the synergistic effects they have working together. But I will attribute most of my size and strength gains in this time to COR Creatine, and seeing that I responded very well to it, I am a firm believer in the absorption enhancing blend that Cellucor includes.

I also felt a tangible gain in endurance while using this. I changed up my rep scheme to where I was lifting lighter weights on my first 2 sets building up to an all out 3rd set, so that played a roll in how much gas I had left in the tank on 3rd sets. But COR Creatine was excellent gas to be putting in that gas tank, because I was progressing on those sets week in and week out!

Only thing I can say it didn't really do was decrease recovery time or DOMs postworkout. Oh well, can't expect it to do EVERYTHING.

Profile/Dosing – 9

Ba-ba-boooom, another 9 here. Dosing was a cinch, 2 scoops roughly 10-15 minutes preworkout, or 2 scoops with my largest meal of the day on off days. I didn't load this creatine, as I have never loaded any creatine I've used in the past. I was using 2 scoops per day for the full 25 days.

My servings were as follows:
        Phoshorus-630mg
        Disodium phosphate
        Dipottasium phosphate
        Betaine anhydrous-2.5g
        cinnulinPF-250mg

Pretty basic profile here: electrolytes, creatine, and various ingredients to aid in the creatine's absorbtion.

Electrolytes are great for obvious reasons. They help you avoid cramping, which many people complain about when supplementing with creatine (even though this has never happened to me personally).

I don't know how many times I've said it, but Creapure is my old standby. The purest creatine on the market, and at a whopping 10g dose per 2 scoops. I had no bloating, no unnecessary water retention, and no abdominal discomfort while taking this.

The "Creasorb Blend" is a little less cut and dry, but it obviously works. Not sure about the sodium and potassium compounds, which just seem like bounded electrolytes. But the Betaine and the cinnulinPF really did their job.

According to an allstarhealth.com article, "Betaine is also highly synergistic when taken with creatine. By preventing the production of homocysteine, betaine leads to a higher production of creatine in the body as well as a higher absorption and utilization rate of supplemental creatine because more of it can be used without being broken down." Point blank, IT MAYKS YO CREATINEZ WURK BETTA!

And cinnulinPF is a water-soluble form of cinnamon that increases creatine uptake by mimicking insulin. I used to take straight up cinnamon to get the insulin mimicking/nutrient partitioning effects, but this is WAY more convenient. I never felt any negative effects of becoming hypoglycemic as a result of a spike in insulin, so the 250 mg dose of cinnulinPF should be no problem for most people.

I like having options other than simple carbs to help shuttle creatine into my muscles at a more efficient rate. This can be especially helpful for dieting down for a contest while still preserving lean mass, as you can avoid any unnecessary carbs and still reap the gains of enhanced creatine uptake.

Minimal prop blends and hefty doses of the good STUFF also makes this creatine incredibly stackable.

Taste/Mixability – 7

It's a good sign for the supplement when the only bone I have to pick with it is something pretty irrelevant like taste. The first time I drank it, I was like "why the hell does this taste like cinna... Ohhhhhh." Don't expect this to taste like a CinnaBon, it has a funky aftertaste that is relatively tart. But it's nothing that can't be tolerated. Man up, shake it up, and pound it down.

Mixability was also slightly sketchy. Never fully mixed on the first round of shakes and the floaties at the bottom were like concentrated flecks of that tart cinnamon taste. Still, we don't take supplements for the taste, now do we?

Value – 8

Given Cellucor's track record for some pretty absurd pricing, the price tag on the COR Creatine (as well as Beta BCAA) was a pleasant surprise for me. Since I didn't load it, I got 25 days out of the tub that has a going rate of about $30 online.

$1.20/day for a monster dose of creatine and some extra goodies isn't earth-shatteringly good, but considering how well it worked, I would (and am absolutely going to) buy this again for the same price.

Overall – 9

Cellucor has a fantastic thing going with their COR line of products, and I believe COR Creatine is one of the best creatines currently on the market. The only gripe I have with it comes to flavoring. I'm sure there are ways to mask the weird cinnamon taste.

But I digress. COR Creatine excelled my expectations and I look forward to running it again, hopefully next time stacked with Beta BCAA because that seems like they would work incredibly well together.

This also gives me reason to believe I would respond well to Green MAGnitude because it's the same premise (Creatine + Betaine), just without the extra ingredients for absorption.

I strongly recommend this creatine to anyone as this is an amplified version to what I believe is already the best creatine on the market. I've found my new favorite creatine supplement!