jmlstocks

• Was an active member for 5 years, but hasn't been online since February, 2015

Reviews by jmlstocks

March 5, 2014

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Solid Profile
  • Performance
  • Endurance
  • Best Tasting All Natural Bcaa Product
  • Nice Amount Of Citrulline Malate
  • Can't Reach Your Hand In Very Easily
  • Needs Longer Scooper
First of all, thank you to Bare Performance Nutrition for letting me try out their Intra Flight product. I am a big believer in BCAA products and have used more than I can count. I normally go out of my way to try out the all natural ones, and I have to confess that I didn't even realize this was one until after I received it.

Ingredient Profile: 10/10

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (16 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 30

Leucine - 4 Grams
Taurine - ...

Ingredient Profile: 10/10

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 Scoops (16 Grams)
Servings Per Container: 30

Valine - 2 grams
L-Carnitine L-Tartrate - 2 Grams
Agmatine Sulfate - 500 mg

Other Ingredients:
Natural Lemonade Flavor, Stevia, Citric Acid, Beta Carotene (For Color).

So the big win here comes from the fact that this is all natural: no artificial colors, preservatives, or sweeteners (thank the Good Lord!). This is so DRASTICALLY underserved in the BCAA market as they all seem to be flavored artificially and the ones that are natural taste terrible. This is the first and only one I've tried that was natural and tasted good, so for that alone this product gets HUGE bonus points.

The other thing I really liked about this product was the inclusion of Citrulline Malate. Not only the inclusion, but a nice dose at 3g! Cit Mal helps with not only endurance, but pumps as well. I feel it is very underused on the market, and I am impressed that they got this one right.

My other + came in the fact that there is no prop blend, it spells out each ingredient and how much of each.

Taste: 8/10

The fact that they were able to make a decent tasting product with all natural sweeteners and cit mal is downright impressive! Cit Mal has a naturally sour taste to it, which is why I'm guessing they made this as a Lemonade flavor. It wasn't so great that I salivated and craved it, but it was good, and is without a doubt the best tasting all natural BCAA product currently on the market today!

Not bad here considering the ingredient profile. It comes out to $25 for a 30 day supply. This comes out to .83/serving.

For comparison, Xtend comes out to .77/serving, Recoup is .67/serving, and Modern BCAA is $1/serving.

Like any BCAA product, this flat out works. It not only kept my strength up, but my strength noticeably grew over my run. In fairness, I did start a creatine cycle at the same time, so this could be a big part of the cause as well.

I can't say I saw a huge pump from it, other than on bicep curls, but I really don't get monstrous pumps from very many products.

On endurance, I did have some workouts where I felt like I could go on endlessly, which I am attributing in large part to the Cit Mal.

My one complaint:

This may seem like nitpicking, and this is definitely not the only product guilty of this, but as you hit the bottom of the tub, getting scoops out becomes a monumental task. The opening of the tub is far too narrow for my hands, and the scooper is extremely short. Because of this I had to perform a balancing act with the tips of my 2 longest fingers. This is more of an annoyance, than an actual reason not to buy the product...still it would be an easy fix (hint, hint).

I don't give out 9's easily, but this product earns it. If you believe as I do, that all natural is extremely important, than this product is a star player. It has a great profile, and the nice level of Citrulline Malate adds some really nice endurance to your workouts. Put this one on your list!

February 17, 2014

• Clean Energy
  • No Artificial Dyes Or Colors
  • Best Tasting Blue Raspberry I've Tried
  • Hit And Miss.
  • Sucralose
First off, thanks to iSatori for letting me try out their preworkout PWR. I have tried out several of iSatori's products in the past and I've never had a bad experience with them as they have normally put out quality products. As far as preworkouts go, I have tried more than I can count-good ones bad ones, and everything in between. So with that, on to the review.

Ingredient Profile: 7/10

Ingredient Profile: 7/10

One major strike against them is the prop blend. I am not a fan of prop blends as I'd like to know how much of a particular ingredient I am taking. Reason being, is that most pre's don't have enough of certain ingredients, so I normally have to supplement. The normal shortfalls are creatine and beta alanine. This product was no different as it has a "strength blend" that consisted of 2.6g total between these two ingredients. That is not nearly enough for what I like, as I normally take in 4-6g beta, and 5g creatine.

I also am not a fan of including yohimbine in a pre. Yes it is a great fat burner, but it does more to destroy energy than create it IMO.

I very much appreciate the no artificial coloring, but I wish the sweetener was natural.

They tout the Red Dralion highly in the advertisements for this product, but I was unable to decide if its inclusion made a difference.

Taste: 8.5/10

I was kinda disappointed that when my product arrived, that the flavor was Blue Raspbery. While this flavor is usually tolerable, its usually not my favorite. Shockingly, I really liked the flavor of this Blue Raspberry, and it is easily the best tasting Blue Raspberry sup I've tried.

This comes out to $1/serving. For comparison, Cellucor C4 is $1/serving, Assault is $1/serving, and Jack3d is .75/serving.

If I make my own pre, I can do so for between .30-.40/serving (beta alanine, creatine, and caffeine).

All in all, value is OK, but if I was on a budget, I might be picking a cheaper product

This is touted as the "new and improved" formula and is called "the true one scoop formula. iSatori also highly hypes the inclusion of Red Dralion as the difference maker in this formula.

If I had to rate this product during my first 2 weeks of using it, I would have rated it a 9/10. If I had to rate it my last few weeks, it would have gotten a 6/10.

In the beginning, I felt the energy flowing. I felt some pretty explosive energy and my endurance was quite a bit improved over normal as I found myself putting in more intensive sets and longer workouts.

I workout normally 3 days/week, so I don't normally have to cycle off preworkouts since I don't take in caffeine on my off days.

With that said, I felt this went from incredible, to just average as time went on. I did also get some mixed results as time went on as some workouts I felt more energized than others. I even tried 2 scoops despite the "warning" on the label and it didn't seem to do much of anything more for me.

I don't know that I have the answer for this one, could be my body adapting to this fast, could be product inconsistency-its hard to say.

I was moderately happy with my run with this product as I consider a 7/10 like giving out a "B." It gave me enough in the beginning to recommend for others to give this a shot. I'm not a fan of the prop blend or artificial sweetener, but this has just enough going for it to give you some extra energy going in to your workouts.

January 20, 2014

• Electrolytes
  • Artificial Sweeteners
  • Caused Headaches
First of all, thank you to iSatori for giving me the chance to test out and review this product.

I am always anxious to review an amino acid product and have tried out more than I can count. I consider aminos an essential part of any lifting supplementation and can tell a noticeable difference when I'm not on them.

Ingredient Profile: 8/10:

30 Servings Citrus Punch

Serving Size 1 Scoop (14.6 g)

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value *
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Sugars 0 g **
Magnesium (As Aspartate) 12 mg 3%
Sodium...

Ingredient Profile: 8/10:

30 Servings Citrus Punch

Serving Size 1 Scoop (14.6 g)

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value *
Total Carbohydrate 5 g 2%
Sugars 0 g **
Magnesium (As Aspartate) 12 mg 3%
Sodium (From Phosphate And Chloride) 121 mg 4%.
Potassium (As Dipotassium Phosphate) 40 mg 1%

"Superhydration" Phosphate Electrolyte Catalyst 451 mg
Di-Potassium Phosphate **
Di-Sodium Phosphate **
Magnesium (As Aspartate And Phosphate) **

* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-or 2,500-calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Daily Value not established

Other Ingredients:
Malic Acid, Natural Flavor, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium, Salt.

Pro's:

I really like the fact that they didn't just stop with the bcaa's, but added in Sustamine as well. I think Sustamine or Glutamine has many benefits to lifters, especially those of use in our mid 30's and older.

The other thing I like is the inclusion of electrolytes in the product. Intense workouts can easily cause dehydration which can lead to a whole host of bad things.

Con's:

The anti Doms part of the product contains many ingredients that aren't as common in products. Since I'm allergic to half the things under the sun, including many trees and plants, this can mean bad news for me. In this case, I got regular headaches while taking this product. I know it wasn't because of the aminos, citrulline, or electrolytes, so I studied the products in the anti doms profile. Nothing conclusive, but I did read that the Olea europae leaf extract (Olive Tree Leaf) does have headaches as a possible side effect.

My other con is 2 artificial sweeteners. I get negative effects from them and have had to largely reduce my intake of them, which unfortunately narrows down my product choices. I really wish these companies could get behind Stevia or some other form of natural sweetener. If I could find the right amino product that did this and tasted good, I'd never stop using it.

At $30 for 30 servings, this of course comes out to $1 per serving. For comparison, Xtend is .77 per serving, Muscle Pharm Amino1 is .75 per serving, Modern BCAA is $1 per serving, and Dymatize Recoup is .67 per serving. In fairness, this product had some extras that some of the named above didn't have.

Taste: Citrus Punch-8/10

I didn't expect to like the Citrus Punch, but it was a bit better than I expected.

Effectiveness: 8.5/10

Yes it worked, BCAA's always do for me. While on this, my recovery between workouts was good, and my strength was mostly the same or up.

I honestly can't say it was any better than my other favorite products like Modern BCAA or Dymatize Recoup, but it wasn't any worse either.

I took this sometimes as an intra, sometimes postworkout, and sometimes in the morning. I think it did its job any of those times and I don't think you go wrong with any of those times.

As usual, iSatori has produced a quality product that is worth a look. I would not use the product again because of the headaches, but I don't believe most will react the same way I do to the ingredients. I would like the price to come down a bit, but if you catch a sale, don't hesitate to give this one a shot

December 19, 2013

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Bcaas Included
    First off, thank you to Giant Sports for the opportunity to try their new Metabolic Bioshock pre workout. I have never tried a product by this company, and this product had quite a curious profile. I have tried dozens of preworkouts, so going in I have a lot to compare this to.

Ingredient profile: 7/10

Nutrition Facts Fruit Punch "
    Servings Per Container 40

Serving % DV
    Calories 0 -
    Total Fat 0 -
    Cholesterol 0 -
    Total Carbohydrate 0 - ...

Ingredient profile: 7/10

Nutrition Facts Fruit Punch "
    Servings Per Container 40

Instantized & Micronized Creatine Monohydrate 1000 mg -
    NO3-T (Glutamine Nitrate) 500 mg -
    OPTI-MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) 1500 mg -
    Q20 (water solubilized coenzyme Q10) 50 mg -
    Stilbenox (Vitis vinifera aqueous extract standardized for 98% Oligoprocyanidans) 35 mg -
    Zinc bis-Glycinate Chelate 25 mg -
    Bai Mudan Fujian White Peony Tea (Camelia sinensis)(shoots and leaves) aqueous extract 20 mg -

*percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.

Ingredients: Malic Acid, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium (Ace K), Natural & Artificial Flavors, FD&C Red Lake #40, FD&C Yellow Lake #6.

There is a lot here to cover as this has some unique aspects that are different from other pre workouts, so I will cover the highlights.

First I will discuss the pros. Most of all, I like that they put in some BCAA's. The single serving contains 3150mg on a 4/1/1 ratio. I was overjoyed to see a company finally put these into a preworkout as they are vital as a pre workout ingredient IMO.

I also liked to see the 2g of Taurine that they added as well as I feel this is an underrated ingredient that assists with blood flow and helps eliminate cramps and back pumps.

Finally, a very simple ingredient that is too often not included is Vitamin C. Since our bodies are put into such a stressful state working out, Vitamin C in extra doses is essential to anyone with our lifestyle.

As far as what I didn't like:

No beta alanine-I was shocked to not find this in a preworkout. It has become such a essential ingredient to preworkouts that it is shocking that any company would exclude it. I always supplement anyway with it, but for those who aren't familiar with it, it can add lots of extra mileage to intense workouts.

I felt the creatine was a bit too low. I feel that if you put creatine in a preworkout, that you should really shoot for the full 5g, otherwise the benefits of it just aren't there.

The other that I didn't like was the White Peony Tea extract. I react negatively to most any type of tea extract, and this was not different as I felt an intense pressure inside my head each time I took it. This is one of those gimmick ingredients IMO that just doesn't product much of a benefit.

There isn't anything crazy to report here. It comes out to exactly $1/serving, as it is $40 for 40 servings on most sites. Not so coincidentally, 2 of the biggest selling preworkouts (C4 and Assault) are also exactly $1/serving.

Taste: Blue Raspberry-6/10

I will admit up front that I've never been a huge fan of Blue Raspberry in most supplements. Its not bad, just never seems to be as good as the berry, watermelon, or fruit punch flavors. This product is no different as the taste is plenty doable, but nothing to write home about.

First of all, I definitely felt some extra energy taking this, as opposed to no preworkout at all. I had just a little bit extra something to get me going coming into the workout and just enough to keep me from tiring half way through the workout.

I guess I kept waiting for this product to grab me by the throat and propel me through a workout, and even with a double serving, it never quite accomplished that. I was a little surprised by this as a double serving shows 300mg caffeine which should give off plenty of energy.

As far as the punching power, it didn't rank up there with c4 for me. I do feel that it gave me some additional benefits with the bcaa's in the mix, but just not the "motivation in a can" that you come to expect from a preworkout.

I give Giant Sports points for creativity. They have done stuff with this preworkout that I haven't seen done in others-most notably the inclusion of BCAA's which I really like.

I felt it needs a little bit better punch to it, and it definitely needs some beta alanine. I would consider this on your purchase list, just not at the top of that list.

December 8, 2013

Cons:
    • Side Effects
    First off, thank you to SD Pharmaceuticals for letting me try this product out. I have only had one experience with them, and thus far it has been positive.

I have never however, had a chance to test out Garcinia Cambogia so I was very curious on this one. I went in very skeptical as every day there seems to be another "miracle" weight loss supp out there, and 99% turn out to be garbage. The fact that Dr Oz peddles this so heavily made me that much more curious. With that, on to the review:

The Claims of the Product:

THE SCIENCE OF HUNGER AND FAT ABSORPTION

HCA from Garcin...

The Claims of the Product:

THE SCIENCE OF HUNGER AND FAT ABSORPTION

HCA from Garcinia cambogia has the ability to support a reduction in appetite by way of supporting healthy serotonin levels in the brain.* Serotonin is a neurotransmitter that affects mood and sleep patterns. Healthy serotonin levels have been shown to help decrease food intake, enhance mood, and help reduce weight gain.*

HCA from Garcinia cambogia can support weight loss by helping reduce the activity of an enzyme called ATP-citrate-lyase (ACL). This enzyme helps convert excess carbohydrates (sugars) into fat in the body. When HCA reduces the activity of ATP-citrate-lyase, fat build-up and storage can be reduced in the body.*

How I used it:

I experimented with both 1 cap/day, and also tried out 2/day. I tried taking it before meals, spread out throughout the day, and before exercise.

The directions call for it to be taken 1-3x per day and before meals as they claim it helps stop sugar from converting to bodyfat.

Strangely, I seemed to notice a bit more positive results taken pre-exercise which was kind of surprising.

The cost of this was $20 for 60 caps, which is approximately a one month supply. If the product works, $20 is a very reasonable price to pay since many weight loss supplements range from around $20 to up to $40.

Side Effects:

This is where the product has a very big question mark in my mind. Since this is a relatively new substance, there are not a lot of reviews and not a lot of science to back up how one would react to this.

The first side effect I noticed was that everytime I took it, I felt a pressure inside my head, and not a good one either. It felt almost like a headache, but different, like my blood pressure might have been rising. It almost felt like my whole head was inflamed a bit because of taking this. This side effect alone, made me question the safety of the product, or at the very least makes me think that I am likely not reacting to it very well. This side effect is the reason I downgraded it a point to 7 instead of 8.

The second side effect was a very nasty one, but one that I cannot 100% attribute to this product, so it did not effect my rating of the product. I get all my bloodwork done once a year, and my doctor is always envious of how perfect all my levels come in at. I had them taken coincidentally at the last week of this cycle. This time around, my good cholesterol (HDL) went way down, and my bad cholesterol (LDL) went sky high. If I had sat on the couch and ate bon-bons all year long I don't think I could have made my numbers jump this high.

The other big variable in this equation was that I got hit with a respiratory infection and a short bout with the flu at the same time and was on Prednisone and Levaquin when all my numbers were taken. I know that Prednisone has a negative effect on cholesterol, but my doctor said that it alone couldn't have made them go up that much.

Ironically, part of the side effect of this product is that it is supposed to actually REDUCE cholesterol, so its entirely possible that it is not to blame at all, but there was nothing else that changed.

Still, I did not like the first side effect that I was feeling that I know can attribute to the product, and its possible that I was feeling that way because my cholesterol was rising. It is also important to note that all my other numbers were all in a good range (blood pressure, blood sugar, tri's etc).

One other small note on side effects: This is claimed to be a non-stim fat burner. Despite this, I would not advise taking it before bed, as I did and had terrible restless sleep all night that night.

I took this product on a cut. I took roughly 5 weeks to finish this product, and start to finish I dropped just over 10 pounds and looked a bit leaner (but not miraculous).

Normally when I cut back, I drop around 1.5 pounds/week, so this appeared to somewhat elevate the speed at which I could drop weight.

I am not convinced that it did anything to reduce appetite as I didn't feel much of a reduction at all.

I am convinced that this quite possibly could have stopped excess sugar from turning into fat however as I noticed a couple high carb meals that normally would spike my weight did not happen while I took this.

I did feel this had some positive effects toward helping me drop, but its no substitute for a good diet, cutting back calories, or exercise.

I recognize the fact that I tend to react negatively to many different foods and supplements, so just because it had bad side effects for me, doesn't mean it necessarily will for somebody else. I am after all allergic to just about everything under the sun.

I would say this is worth a look as part of a fat burner stack. I wouldn't count on miraculous results, but there's potential there.

November 21, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Awesome Taste
    • Electrolytes
    First off, thank you to Royal Sport for letting me try out their Charge Product. Previous to receiving this, I have never tried a product of theirs. I have however tried many different bcaa/glutamine/amino acid products.

My experience in the past with Amino Acid products has been good, so I never hesitate to try out a new one. Amino Acids are very basic, yet extremely effective. In recent times, variations and supposed upgrades have flooded the supplement market with Sustamine replacing Glutamine, and SAA (Silk Amino Acids) being added to the mix. The big question of course is do the extra goodies justify the price?

Ingredient Profile: 8/10

Calories 25.00

Calcium 20.00 mg 2%

Magnesium 10.00 mg 3%

Potassium 65.00 mg 2%

SAA Polypeptied & Amino Acid Matrix (L-Alanine Glycine L-Serine L-Valine L-Threonine Silk Amino Acids) 5.00 g **

2:1:1 BCAA Blend (L-Leucine L-Valine L-Isoleucine) 4.00 g **

** Daily Value (DV) not established

Other Ingredients: Citric Acid, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Malic Acid, Calcium Silicate, Silicon Dioxide, Sucralose, Acesulfame Potassium (Ace-K), FD&C Red Lake #40

I especially like that Glutamine is in the mix, I think it makes any amino acid product better. I also like that electrolytes are in the mix.

On the negative side, I'm not a fan of all the artificial sweeteners. This product has 2 different ones, plus artificial red color.

The industry has yet to see a good amino product that is naturally sweetened. If one came out, I would be a customer for life and I would even pay extra for the privilege.

Taste: 10/10

I don't give out 10's easily, but the best part of this product is the taste. I tried the Strawberry Kiwi flavor and it was heavenly. I actually craved it when I didn't have it which pretty much never happens. The only other supplement I've ever tried that tasted this good was the ORIGINAL Watermelon Xtend.

This is where this product sinks. It is around $1.95 per serving. My normal amino acid products include Xtend-.77 per serving, Recoup-.67 per serving, and Modern BCAA-$1/serving.

As you can see it is at least twice as expensive as a normal amino acid product. The company would be wise to realize that a sizeable portion of their target market is in the 20's and 30's, and right now that segment of the population is broke.

Yes, this product has other stuff that normal bcaa products don't have, and if it were more effective, the cost might justify it and I will address this under effectiveness.

First off, yes the product works, and yes it works well. That said, I have found most bcaa products to work extremely well and it is one of the few supplements that I could not workout without.

There was a span of about 3-4 days where I slipped and didn't take any bcaa's during this run. Just like in the past, I noticed my strength was down after just a few days of not taking my aminos. Once I started taking them again, things were back to normal.

The big question though is was this product with all the extra goodies worth paying the extra price? In my opinion, the answer is no. I didn't feel any better results than with a traditional bcaa/glutamine product.

I really liked my run with this product as it was effective and tasted incredible.

Personally I would like to see this as more of a basic bcaa/glutamine product, while keeping the taste. I would happily take the electrolytes as well. If the product became more basic and the price came down, I would definitely be a buyer.

This product is effective and is worth trying, but I would wait for a sale.

November 12, 2013

Thank you first of all to SD Pharmaceuticals for letting me try Acacetin99. This is a relatively new compound that is said to give anti aromatase support and anti estrogenic support.

I have tried several aromatase inhibitors and estrogen blockers in the past and have had mixed results with them. For this run I was given one bottle with 40 capsules and did vary the dosage starting out with 1/day and eventually upped it to 2/day.

Since this is a new product, good research and/or experiences are very difficult to find. I did find the following piece of research from the University of Mississippi:

ACACETIN99â„¢
    Researchers at the University of Mississippi first discovered acacetin when they studied the anti-aromatase and estrogenic activity of 24 different compounds isolated from the damiana plant. Among the 24 tested compounds, pinocembrin and acacetin showed the most potent aromatase inhibition. Estrogenic activity was also observed in three compounds, including apigenin 7-glucoside, Z-echinacin and pinocembrin, but acacetin had no estrogenic activity at all. In fact, acacetin suppressed up to 63 percent of aromatase activity. The researchers concluded that two isolated compounds, pinocembrin and acacetin, could significantly suppress aromatase activity. However, pinocembrin showed estrogenic activity. Therefore, acacetin was the only compound found to have potent anti-aromatase activity and absolutely no estrogenic effects.

In my run with the product, I did not take any creatine or test boosters, just the basics: bcaa's, fish oil, multi vitamin, and protein. With that, on to the review:

Most ai's are not cheap. This product was $35 for 40 capsules. For comparison, Triazole is $40 for a 30 day supply, and Erase is $30 for a one month supply. The true value of this product depends on whether you run it at one cap/day or two. I tried it both ways and felt one cap was almost as effective as two with far less joint pain.

It isn't often that I come away from trying a product with a very incomplete opinion of it. Allow me to explain.

I wanted to try this product as a stand alone since I heard it had the potential for test boosting as well as estrogen support. In past runs with similar products, I got good results in combining a test booster with an ai. Since I wanted to truly give this product a fair shake, I did not use a test booster.

Here's what I did get from it:

-Immediate and noticeable joint pain. Joint pain is a good sign of anti estrogenic activity. I had more joint pain from this product than any other single product I've tried-even after starting up Cissus. It got so bad, that I had to cut back the dosage from 2 caps to 1.

-Libido went down, not as bad as with Erase, but certainly noticeable. Again this is a sure sign of anti estrogenic activity, not a side effect I like, but it generally means the product is working.

-The boys down below swelled up slightly. This is a sign of test boosting and will happen with any good test booster. When I say slightly, I do mean only slightly, nothing compared to what I get with D'aspartic acid.

-I track all my strength gains pretty closely and typically use it as a measuring stick for any test boosting/anti estrogenic product as I do get these results when I combine the two products. My leg press gains have been growing leaps and bounds, but they have been doing this for the last 3-4 months and haven't really accelerated in my 30 day run with this product. On my other lifts, my upper body strength was stagnant, and my trap bar deadlift went up only 10 pounds (610-620). Certainly my strength didn't go down, but I can't affirmatively pinpoint any of these gains to this product.

I wish I could have come away with a stronger more complete opinion of this product, but unfortunately that is not the case.

It looks and feels like a great ai, but I can't pinpoint any positive results specifically to this product.

If anyone tries this product out, I would try it with a good test booster and make sure to load up on the Cissus because the joint pain is extreme.

Since all the signs are there, this is certainly a product worth trying for good anti estrogen activity.

November 9, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Excellent Libido/sexual Health
    • Overpriced
    • A Lot Of Pills
    First off, thank you to Pharmafreak for allowing me to test this product. This is my first product to try by this company, so I have no prior conceived notions of their quality other than some good things I've heard from others.

I received the VitaFreak packs-a 30 day supply with 8 pills per pack. Since I regularly take vitamins, I am always looking for one that I like better than my previous ones. So on to the review:

Ingredient profile: 8/10

30 Packs

Serving Size1Pack

Amount Per Serving % Daily Value

VITA FREAKâ„¢ VITAMIN & MINERAL CO...

Ingredient profile: 8/10

Manganese (Manganese Sulphate) 2mg 100%
    Chromium (As Chromium Chloride) 40mcg 33%
    Molybdenum (As Ammonium Molybdate VI) 75mcg 100%

VITA FREAKâ„¢ AMINO ACID COMPLEX 1,000mg *
    AMINO COMPLETEâ„¢ Isolated Whey Amino Acid Complex 1,000 Mg Typical Amino Acid Profile

Alanine 49mg

Ginger (Zingiber Officinale) (Rhizome) 50mg

VITA FREAKâ„¢ DAILY DETOX SUPPORT COMPLEX 50mg *

Echinacea (Echinacea Purpurea) (Root) 50mg

VITA FREAKâ„¢ COGNITIVE SUPPORT COMPLEX 25mg *

Ginkgo (Ginkgo Biloba) (Leaf) 6% Terpene Lactones / 24% Flavonoid Glycosides 25mg
    Bilberry (Vaccinium Myrtillus) (Fruit) 10mg

VITA FREAKâ„¢ CARDIOVASCULAR SUPPORT COMPLEX 20mg *

Japanese Knotweed (50% Resveratrol) 10mg
    Quercetin 10mg

VITA FREAKâ„¢ ABSORPTION COMPLEX 5mg *

BIOPERINE® (Piper Nigrum)

As you can see this has a lot in it. My biggest issue with the profile is that there's a lot of quantity, but not a lot of quality. By that I mean it has good ingredients, but most are way underdosed IMO. This is not unusual as most companies seem to do this, I'd much rather have a couple really good ingredients that are appropriately dosed.

Notables include a good dose of Vitamin C: 417%, the B vitamins are lower than I'd like, Vitamin D is lower than I like (but so are most multi vitamins. I thought most of the non vitamins were underdosed, although it did have a good dose of Lycopene (prostate health-5mg) in it.

Cost: 5/10

I wasn't thrilled with the cost. It comes out to 1.33/serving. Comparatively speaking, Opti men is .50/serving, NOW Adam is .37/serving, Gaspari Anavite is .50/serving, Orange Triad is .66/serving, and Animal Pak is 1.32/serving. Clearly the pricing and structure of the product are aimed at Universal's Animal Pak, one would have to decide if the product is worth the extra cost over other popular vitamins.

In all fairness, it is very difficult to judge effectiveness on a multi, so I will give my own personal observations on what I did feel.

Diuretic Effect:
    The is the first noticeable thing. Every time I started taking it, I was running to the bathroom, and I definitely got rid of water weight shortly after every dose. I'm really not sure what to attribute this to, possibly the Acai Berry or Grapeseed Extract. I notice this effect slightly when I consume fruit, but I can't say for sure.

Immunity Effect:
    This product touts its anti oxidant and immune system effect very heavily in advertising. This may be unfair, but I do need to bring up that I got sick (strep throat) for the first time in about a year. I can't say it had anything to do with the product, just worth noting.

Libido/virility effect:
    Possibly what stands out the most in a positive sense about the product. I noticed libido was notably up after taking the product. It also apparently contains some dilation effects, without going into graphic details, lil jml went from feeling like a pine tree, to a solid oak tree shortly after taking this product. What really bothers me here is I have no idea what caused it, but the effect was definitely due to this product as it showed up w/o question within an hour of taking vitafreak.

It could be the Acai Berry as it has shown these effects with some users, it could also be the Ginseng as it has the same effects, the problem is that both of these ingredients are very underdosed compared with a standalone supplement of either product.

If anyone reading this has an opinion on what could have caused this (or even the Pharmafreak people), I'd love to hear some opinions.

This is a good multi-vitamin, but not a miracle supplement. I wish it had less pills, less filler ingredients, and more of a couple select ingredients instead of a laundry list of underdosed ones.

Still, I felt good while taking this product. The Viagra like effects make this one worth a try by certain users who may have that type of need. To date, it is the only multi vitamin that has given me this type of effect.

October 29, 2013

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Best Mixing Casein I've Tried
    • Sucralose
    Thank you first off to Nutrabio, for giving me and other reviewers the chance to test out and write about your products.

This is my 3rd review of a Nutrabio product, and my opinion of the company thus far has been positive. They are a no frills company: no fancy advertising, you get the product advertised in a quality format, and little to no fillers.

For this round, I got to test out their Casein 2lb Chocolate protein. I have tried out Casein proteins before, so I pretty much knew what to expect, the only real variable was the quality of Nutrabio's version.

It ...

It goes for 27.99 for a 2lb tub on its own website. This comes out to around 1.04/serving. For comparison sake, Dymatize Casein comes in at $1/serving, while Optimum comes in at $1.18/serving, so this puts Nutrabio as competitive with the top 2 brands at least on price.

Mixability: 9/10

Casein normally mixes terrible, and leaves lots of residue on the blender cup. I was shocked at how well this blended: it blended more like a whey protein than a casein. It is by far the best mixability of any casein out there that I know of.

Taste: 7/10

I tried the chocolate, and it tasted like a middle of the road chocolate. It was very simple tasting, didn't take too much of a chance, but did the job. The taste wouldn't entice me to buy it, or not buy it.

It is Casein, and it works, but like all protein it is not a miracle supplement. There is a lot of debate between Casein and Whey with the majority of the lifting world preferring Whey. Whey protein does a better job of stimulating protein synthesis and has a higher Leucine content.

Casein on the other hand does a better job of reducing protein breakdown and is a slower digesting protein.

Whey is more ideal first thing in the morning and pre workout, while Casein is the better one as a meal replacement or before bed.

I took this product in combination with Whey post workout and occasionally as a meal replacement. I feel that combining Whey with Casein helps my recovery slightly over either by itself, but nothing miraculous.

A little research reveals some interesting findings when comparing Caseins of different brands: Optimum's version has around 5g of bcaa's per serving and a little less than 5g glutamine per serving. Nutrabio's has 6.2g bcaa's/serving and 6.2g glutamine/serving. Dymatize one ups them both with claims of 10g bcaa's serving.

Once again, Nutrabio has proven itself to be quality in my opinion. I use the comparison of Optimum, but its funny how much this company reminds me of Optimum in both quality and the no glamour approach (which is a huge compliment).

This product is no miracle, but it is as much as you could want in a Casein protein and its worth a look

October 3, 2013

Cons:
      First of all, thank you to Nutrabio for giving us the chance to try out their beta alanine powder.

In trying many supplements, you really don't know what to expect, with this product, I pretty much knew exactly what to expect, my only question mark was this particular company's product quality.

Taste: There is none, product is completely tasteless and can be added to any drink

Ingredient profile:

This tub contains 384g of beta alanine, 120 servings of 3.2g with a scooper measured out for the 3.2g/serving. It is pure Carnosyn patented Beta Alanine, no fillers at all.

Value: 9...

Ingredient profile:

Beta alanine dollar for dollar is the best bang for your buck of any supplement in existence. It is priced out at .24 per serving. Taken only preworkout, this container will last you at least 6 months, which is very cheap for a product that only cost $29.

This product is priced out at .08/gram which is the same as bodybuilding.com brand beta. My only reason for the 9/10 is that NOW brands is priced at .04/gram.

Side Effects:

If you haven't taken beta, then tingles can be rather painful the first couple times, so start with a half serving and work your way up.

I'm not going to reveal anything earth shattering for those that are familiar with beta alanine. For those that don't, it is IMO a must have addition to any pre workout stack.

In plain English, this product greatly reduces muscle fatigue. That feeling you get when you're halfway through the workout and your muscles are dying will be greatly reduced. The net result will be that you are able to workout longer and harder. I find that I am far stronger and have more endurance in the second half of my workout when I take beta alanine. You don't truly appreciate this product until you attempt a workout without it.

You can create a very cheap preworkout simply using caffeine pills, beta alanine, plus some bcaas and IMO it is just as effective if not more than any preworkout you'll buy for triple the price. Beta alanine also has a synergistic effect when coupled with creatine greatly enhancing its effects.

On dosage, I prefer around 5-6g preworkout, which a little more than most, but I think you gotta play around with dosage. I find it works best taken about 20 min before your workout.

This is one of those must have supplements that I wouldn't ever wanna do without. It won't magically put on muscle like AAS will, but it will no doubt improve your workouts noticeably. Nutrabio has thus far proven itself a quality company and this product is definitely one I would recommend.