jeremyacox

• Reputation is somewhat low. (+30)
  • Was an active member for 11 months, but hasn't been online since March, 2013
  • Low community participation

Reviews by jeremyacox

July 25, 2012

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Great Pump
  • Great Energy
  • Taste Pretty Good
  • Easy To Become Tolerant To
I got this to try something different since I had bad luck with some of the pre workouts I tried before like Jack3d and Shock Therapy. This one was what I ended up ordering and using for the summer and the results from it where exactly what I was wanting.

Taste: 8
I got the orange flavor and it tastes like Tang for the most part but the higher dosage you use then the more unpleasant it gets even with more water.

Price: 8
I got this for $20 on a sale and it was well worth the money for what you get.

Effectiveness: 8
When I first took this I got a great pump, increased energy ...

Taste: 8

Price: 8
I got this for $20 on a sale and it was well worth the money for what you get.

Effectiveness: 8
When I first took this I got a great pump, increased energy and increase in strength as well. All the key components of what I was looking for. The one downfall is that the recommended serving is 1 scoop and you become tolerant to is fairly fast. I was at 2 scoops by the end and never got the great rush like I did at the beginning. I am however tolerant to caffeine so that is a factor as well.

I would recommend this product as a cheap pre workout that gets the job done but get a small size as the tolerance goes up fast.

July 17, 2012

• No After Taste
  • Very Affordable
  • Improved Mood
    I decided to purchase a multi and have had great success with ON in the past so decided to try their product over Animal Pak because frankly, 11 pills is a lot on a daily basis and with the Animal Flex I am taking, that would be 17 a day and I hate taking pills so I opted for this instead.

You have 180 pills for around $20 bucks if you buy the bigger bottle which I did on my 2nd go around. Well worth it for price and I felt an increase in mood and energy as well. It is hard to measure exactly how effective a multi is when you take a multitude of other supplements but I did see better results when I added this in. For the price and the 3 pills to take daily, this was a no brainer for me and I have loved it ever since. This will be a product that stays in my stack for a while and I do not see myself switching anytime soon. As far as the content, it has everything I was looking for and some extra as well. This is good if you want to cover all your bases and really get the most out of the effort you put in.

July 6, 2012

• No Effect
    I took a tub of this back when I was low on cash and was curious to see if this worked since I always see it at Wal-Mart. For my expectations, it met them which is good but my expectations were low so I was not impressed.

Taste: 6
    The taste was bad, it was hard to get down for me and I had to chug as fast as I could. It did not mix to well so had to just swallow the chunks that survived the extreme shaking.

Taste: 6

Value: 8
    Since it was from Wal-Mart, the price was good for a supplement since when I got it, it was on sale for $10. It was something I tried and did not feel to badly when I didnt like it since I did not pay that much for it.

Effectiveness: 5
    It has many forms of creatine in it and while that is good for the profile, I felt no change whatsoever in my workout when taking this. No increased muscle gain or anything, took the full dose every time too. No strength gain or increased energy between sets.

Overall: 5
    The price was not bad but I would not buy it again. Saying that I am glad I bought it because I tried something new for really cheap and can now cross something of my list of what not to get if in a pinch whether with money or low on current supplements. I would not recommend this to anyone as for me personally, I did not feel anything from it and felt it was a waste. That being said, everyone is different and I have reacted different to some products than other people so for the price, its not a bad product to try and see if it works for you. For me, I was not impressed and will not buy again.

July 5, 2012

• Amazing Taste
    • Solid Profile
    • Not Widely Available Yet
    So I decided to try something new aside from my ON gold standard whey and went with this. Even though it is a whey concentrate, it claims to be an all around whey product with just as much to offer as some isolates.

Taste: 9
    I got the chocolate flavor and it was pretty good compared to the chocolate I just finished from ON. It it a thicker texture but it tastes just like a milkshake so helps keep me on track with my macros.

Taste: 9

Value: 8
    I got this for around $50 which is not a bad price but its not great either. You have 67 servings in it so thats less than $1 a serving which was ok with me.

Effectiveness: 9
    This did what I wanted and even though it was a concentrate, I got good results from it was a shake I looked forward to taking. I will probably cycle between this and ON as they both are complete proteins and are made of quality products.

When I first opened the box, I saw a real scooper not one of those flimsy ones so that was my first impression and I have been thoroughly impressed with this product. I would recommend this to anyone looking to rotate or try something new as this is a quality product that helped me increase muscle gains during the beginning of my lean bulk. The contents of the protein are on that stands out as that was the selling point to me as it as the amino amount and variety was impressive to me. Since I am bulking the 140 calories are perfectly acceptable within my macros. Great product that I will buy again.

July 3, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Awesome Taste
    • No Scoop
    I just got off of my cutting phase and was looking to add more carbs into my shakes during the day and since it is hard for me to gain weight, I was looking for something powder wise rather than more food on my bulk. I came across this supplement and ordered a 10 lb tub and I am so glad I did.

Value: 10
    First of off, this was the best part about it. I got 10 lbs of this for $24 at allstarhealth.com and for the amount, it was a great deal.

Value: 10

Effectiveness: 9
    I have noticed more energy post workout as I do not crash as hard as the carbs allow me to function better afterwards and have noticed a better and lean bulk gain. For the price I paid and the purpose I use it for, this is an excellent product to supplement with.

Dosage:
    I take about 46 grams postworkout with around 50 grams of protein to help me bulk better and increase muscle gains.

Taste: 10
    All I could taste it that my shakes tasted sweeter but that was it. I added more water to my shakes as it got too sweet with the amount I put in but that is about the only downfall is that it can be too sweet i large amounts.

Overall:
    A great product and even better price, I recommend this to anyone who is on a bulk or has trouble gaining weight to put on some lean pounds of muscle.

June 28, 2012

• Good Recovery
    • Mixes Well
    • No Cons
    I had heard great things about this protein and decided to see if it lived up to the hype and it easily surpassed it.

Taste / Mix : Easy 10
    This was a shake I looked forward to taking because it literally felt like drinking a milkshake. I got the Double Rich Chocolate and loved every scoop of it. This mixed so well that I had to give it a few shakes and it was mixed. No excessive shake weight movements required.

Taste / Mix : Easy 10

Value: 8
    As far a price goes, it is not the cheapest nor the most expensive as it is around $10 a pound. For the price range however, I would say it is the best for the money.

Effectiveness: 9
    I judged this based on what was in it and how well I recovered and put on muscle. This has much more than just whey, it has BCAAs and glutamine in it which I used to supplement with in the past. When I got this I decided to not take the separate BCAAS and glutamine to fully judge it and I recovered just as fast and little to no soreness the next day. I noticed an increase in muscle as well as almost little to any gain in fat. This is a very clean and easy to supplement with product if you are taking more than just the basic whey.

Dosing:
    For this tub I took 3 scoops a day to judge it by; 1 in the morning, 1 before workout and 1 after workout.

Overall: 9
    This is an excellent product and I will make this a staple in my supplement stack from now on. If you are looking to try something new or just see if there is something better out there, I would suggest starting with this as it does not disappoint.

3.0
      June 28, 2012

Pros:
     Cons:
      • No Effect
      I got this as all I ever saw was praise for Jack3d and I have to say, I am severely disappointed. I have gone through a whole tub and done everything possible to increase the effects from empty stomach to shaking the tub to even trying another tub just in case (got it for free). Other products have worked on me so I am not stimulant immune in a sense and I did take a break for a month before trying this.

Value: 8
      This is about the only good thing for it as that I got it for $20 which seemed like a good deal to me.

Effectiveness: 3
      I took it the first time and thought I felt a str...

Effectiveness: 3
      I took it the first time and thought I felt a strength increase for the first 2 exercises but then nothing after that. I felt a little tingling and hyper after I took it but that went away after 10 minutes. I went from 1/2 a scoop all the way to 3 scoops and didn't feel one thing. I was more awake but as far as helping my workouts, I would have gotten the same alertness from candy.

Taste: 7
      Not too bad and not too good, just good enough to get down but not something I looked forward to.

Overall: 4
      I know that Jack3d has gone through 3 different ingredient changes in its history and maybe it worked better in the past (I noticed some of the best reviews for it were not recent at all) but now it may not be as effective but I was disappointed in this to not even help at all.