iSamurai

• Was an active member for 4 years, but hasn't been online since June, 2016

Reviews by iSamurai

April 4, 2016

Pros:
 Cons:
  • Mixes Well
  • Super Clean Protein
  • No Fillers
  • Lactose And Gluten Free
  • Zero Fat And Carbs
  • Good Price
  • A Bit Pricey

Thank you to Nutrabio and SR TROOPS for sending me a 2lb tub of Nutrabio's Whey Protein Isolate. As protein powder has become a staple in the majority of all athletes and regular gym goers supplement arsenal, the protein market has been flooded with competition and some companies who like to take advantage of people who can't accurately analyze ingredient profiles. With Nutrabio, you don't have to worry about that as they have no issue disclosing exactly what's in their product. Let's take a look what's inside and what I experienced...

A...

Attached a pic of the profile.

Again, Nutrabio here delivering a full label disclosure. Very clean, no extra BS...as other reviewers have shared, around 85% protein content from WPI90. Not denatured as well during the process -- *cough Isopure* Also low fat, low carb -- won't interfere with your other macros too much.

Now I had the mint chocolate flavor, and to be honest, I probably should have requested another flavor since i had just finished an 11lb bag from MyProtein lol. But, it still mixed really well...no real issues with clumping. Taste was somewhat bland, but to be expected without all the extra garbage a lot of other companies throw in their product. Very light as well; I didn't feel too weighed down after having a shake.

This proteinz gave me 30lbs of lean muscle in a month with no extra fat! Now we all know that not to be true, but Whey Protein Isolate did everything I wanted it to do. Helped with recovery and hitting daily protein macro goals with ease. I primarily consumed this post workout and whenever I needed a quick protein intake, but I also incorporated it preworkout as well. I've become a huge fan of periworkout nutrition and one of the main issues I was having with the MyProtein concentrate is that I would feel somewhat bloated if I drank it about an hour preworkout. Now this was probably my favorite part about Nutrabio's WPI as it seemed to be digested extremely fast. I typically would pair it with a bowl of low-fat cereal or some fruit, and going to the gym I would feel like I had just enough in my body to power me through my workout.

You can grab a tub of this for around $40 for 32 scoops, so a little over a dollar per serving. Yeah, in a very competitively priced market, this is somewhat on the higher side. However, you are paying for quality here and a full ingredient panel with nothing to hide. Can you get a tub of protein cheaper? Absolutely. But, I personally have no problem dishing out some extra $ for a quality product. Not to mention, they have a 5lb tub of 80 servings for $80.

Side Effects

None...no digestive/GI issues whatsoever.

Conclusion

Again, thank you to both SR TROOP and Nutrabio for sending me another product to try out. Whey Protein Isolate did not disappoint. Although consumers may be able to find products a bit cheaper, you must keep in mind what is actually in those products? I'd prefer paying the extra cash for a high quality product, from a reputable company who stands by their product with nothing to hide. WPI tastes good, has arguably one of the cleanest isolate profiles I've ever seen/consumed, and extremely versatile to fit any athlete or weightlifters protein needs. Great job again guys!

February 27, 2016

• Helps With Recovery
  • Increases Hydration
  • Reduces Doms
  • Cheap Cost Per Serving

Thank you SR TROOP and Nutrabio for sending me a tub of Intrablast to test out and review. Nutrabio has become one of my favorite supplement companies with their transparent labels and quality sourced ingredients. Like everyone, I'm a huge fan of intraworkout/BCAA products for muscle recovery/growth/endurance. With Nutrabio producing such great products that I've had great results with, I had high expectations with Intrablast.

Attached a picture of the profile.

So a properly dosed profile including BCAA's (2:1:1 ratio), EAA's, Betaine, and electrolyte mix in a 1 scoop serving size -- what more can you ask for?
    Probably the most comprehensive profile I've seen and with a transparent label, so you know exactly what you're getting in each scoop.

I had the Orange Mango flavor and it tasted great. Not too overwhelmingly sweet, but quite refreshing to drink during your workout. No issues mixing either -- slight foaming due to the leucine, but dissipated quickly compared to some of the higher BCAA ratio products (8:1:1 and 10:1:1).

I really can't say anything negative about this product since it delivered in every way I wanted with an intraworkout product.

Muscle recovery was definitely enhanced as I would rarely get any DOMS, and if I did, it would be gone within a day after training. I also felt recovery between sets was improved as well since I was ready to go much quicker than what I'm typically capable of, even with the compound exercises. Usually when I'm working into my heavier sets with 1-5 rep ranges, I'll usually rest between 3-7 minutes. However with intrablast, I was ready to go much quicker than my norm.

No muscle cramping whatsoever which is huge for me since with the injury in my right hip and glute, that area tends to cramp up pretty quickly during PC exercises. Definitely a huge relief being able to do sumo pulls without it cramping, especially when I tend to get muscle cramps pretty quickly when working with 400+ lbs.

You can get a tub of this for around $30 for 30 true servings. With the profile of Intrablast, you can't beat the value IMO.

Side Effects

None. No GI issues/stomach cramping.

Conclusion

Nutrabio did it again! I was more than impressed with the results I experienced with Intrablast. Tastes great, no stomach issues, enhanced recovery and increased performance, at a great value -- how can you beat that? I will definitely be purchasing this product again!

6.7
    Thanks to Brainfinity for sending it out!
      February 27, 2016

• Has Caffeine
    • Good Focus When It Delivered
    • Too Inconsistent

Thank you SR TROOP and Execure for sending a bottle of this to test and review. I'm a big fan of Nootropic supplements, when they work of course, primarily to use during my work day and sometimes in conjunction with stim free preworkouts for an extra edge. With such an impressive profile IMO, I had pretty high expectations for this product. However, it was a little too inconsistent for me.

Attached a picture of the label.

Attached a picture of the label.

Loved how they included multiple sources of stimulants -- from the time released caffeine, to green tea extract, synephrine, etc. I'm also a huge fan of Vinpocetine for cognitive enhancement, I've experienced pretty great results from supplementing with it alone. Now with the combination of cognitive enhancing ingredients paired with the variety of stimulants Brainfinity has to offer, I was expecting really great results. However, as the title states, it ended up being too inconsistent for me. I'll elaborate more below.

1-2 pills a day depending on the user. I typically utilized 2 pills, experimenting with different timing and dosing protocols. Usually 1 pill, split every 4-6 hours depending on the day's activities.

I'll break this up in a few different sections

1.) 1 pill serving - first few times I used this, it worked pretty well. Nice clean and sustained energy, slight cognitive enhancement, but it seemed that I built a tolerance to it pretty quickly as the effects seemed to dissipate much quicker the more I used it.

2.) 2 pill serving - split 4-6 hours - I started utilizing this after my tolerance started to build up. Again, the second serving would deliver quite well, but then the effects would diminish pretty quickly. Some days it would hit pretty strong after the second pill, and then other times, it just didn't deliver. When it did deliver, I felt like I was tuned in with everything. Work responsibilities became easier and felt more motivated to do them, as well as paying attention to details much better.

3.) 1 pill w/ a stimulant free preworkout - This is where Brainfinity shined for me. I used this with a few servings of DNO preworkout and I experienced some of the best workouts ever with this combination. Tunnel vision and energy was on par with some of the best preworkouts out there that I've tried. Unfortunately, I don't know which product shined more here, or if the synergy of the ingredients in both products just worked extremely well for me. Definitely a noticeable difference than taking DNO and Brainfinity as a standalone.

Bonus - Now one of the first few times I tried this product was when I was making 6 hour trip back home to NY. I usually start to get drowsy after 4ish hours (yeah, idk why, it just happens -- I could never be a truck driver lol), but I was hoping Brainfinity would help overcome this issue. I took a pill 3 hours into the drive, waited 45 mins - 1 hour for it to kick in, and felt nothing. So I took another pill, and then again, nothing. Idk if it was because I wasn't physically active, but I was surely let down.

You can purchase a 30 pill bottle of Brainfinity for under $17. Can't really beat that...especially if you respond very well to this product.

Side Effects

No issues.

Conclusion

I mean, after reading the reviews on here and other websites, it seems to be a hit or miss product with people. Which also seems to be a similar trend with Nootropic products -- just need to find the best ingredients that work well for your specific body. Although it was too inconsistent for me specifically, for the price and profile, I would still recommend others to give it a shot as we all know supplements affect people differently. Again, thank you for sending me a bottle to try -- it just didn't hit the mark for me.

Overall
    Thanks to apsu nutrition for sending it out!
      February 19, 2016

• Superfood
    • Good Profile
    • Immune Support
    • Joint Product Not Effective

First I'd like to apologize to APSU Nutrition and SR TROOP for this review coming in so late...I've been without a computer for about a month now, and finally got everything resolved w/ Dell (their customer service is pathetic). Anyways, thanks to both parties for sending me a bottle of their multivitamin w/ joint support to give a run. Multis are always a primary staple in my supplement regimen, and I'm always interested to try different products to see works with me best. Now, I have tried a ton of multivitamins, from synthetic to whole food based, bare minimum formulas to "all-in-one" type formulas. Now the only multi that I thought is somewhat comparable to this would be Orange Triad as they have a joint support formula as well. Let's see how this stood up...

Attached a picture of the profile.

So nothing too crazy here...decent amounts of vitamins and minerals. I enjoy the "Fruits and Vegetable blend" with the large variety of super/green foods for overall health benefits and antioxidant support, as well as the enzyme complex they've included. Only issue here is that APSU promotes this as a multi w/ joint support, however their glucosamine, chondroiten, and MSM are considerably low. I was hoping for more adequate amounts with the type of marketing from this product.

2 tablets a day...I usually split them with breakfast and dinner for the sustained release. Can't be much simpler.

Now everyone has their own way of analyzing the effectiveness of multivitamins....with me, the main thing I look at is my overall health and well being. If you look at other multi reviews I've done, one of the main things I highlight is whether I get sick or not. Here in Pittsburgh, the weather fluctuations have been crazy...some days it'll be in the 40's, and then others, it'll drop down to the lower teens or below. These weather fluctuations usually cause some havoc with my immune system and I eventually get a cold for a few days. However, while supplementing with this multi, I didn't have one symptom which is a huge plus in my book.

Additional notes: Digestion seemed to be working well with the inclusion of enzymes...bathroom visits were very regular and easy. I also felt that I had some improved natural energy and just felt better overall.

Only issue was the lack of joint support and anti inflammation I was hoping to receive. Earlier in January, I tweaked my glute/hip area...again...during deadlifts. Nothing too crazy, but it took a couple weeks for me to feel comfortable doing lower body compound lifts. I was hoping that the G/C/MSM would have helped aided that. HOWEVER, please note...G/C/MSM works differently on everyone and typically takes about a month to fully kick in. But, on the other side of the coin, would have it made a difference with the amount of each ingredient is in the profile? Can't really say for certain.

You can get a month's supply for a little under $20. Honestly,that's a very hard value to beat for a quality multi.

Side Effects

None. No yellow pee from excess B Vitamins or anything. Good to see I'm not peeing away the supplement lol.

Conclusion

Overall, I think APSU did a goodjob creating this product. Solid amounts of vitamins, minerals, very nice super/green food blend, enzymes, and some joint support. Only thing I would improve on would be that joint support complex. I'd have no problem dishing out extra cash if it would take care of me buying an additional joint support formula. Again, thank you for allowing me to give this product a shot, and would recommend it for ppl looking for a new multi at a more than reasonable price.

January 21, 2016

• Good Focus And Mood
    • Moderate Weight Loss
    • Solid Thermo
    • Good Appetite Suppression

As usual, thank you both Cellucor and SR TROOP for sending me a bottle of the new Cellucor Super HD Xtreme. I was a huge fan of the original Super HD, and was my go to after the ban of OxyElite Pro, so I had pretty high expectations for this. Keep in mind, I have not taken a fat burner in over a year, but I have tried several through my fitness journey, so I have a solid understanding of what to expect from these products. Also, I wasn't trying to lose weight rapidly, more at a 1lb a week pace. I wanted to do everything I could to maintain my strength, while shedding some extra fat. So results may differ from someone who is doing a ton of cardio and dieting towards rapid weight loss.

Attached a picture of the ingredient profile.

One big proprietary blend. Nothing too groundbreaking here; I like the inclusion of both caffeine/XCELICOR and TeaCor for the quick boost of energy from the caffeine and sustained energy from TeaCor. Now one ingredient that I wasn't too sure of what zembrin which is an herb that is supposed to help support positive mood. With the stress of my job, this would be a huge added benefit lol!

Simple: 2 pills a day, preferably 30 minutes before breakfast and lunch or mid afternoon stack. Pretty typical.

(8.0)

Starting weight: 216. Ending weight: 210. (Keep in mind that I was sick for a week half way through this run, which prevented me from taking this product for an uninterrupted 4 weeks.)

Energy: (9) - I loved the energy this product delivered. From my first experience with TeaCor, I became a fan of the sustained energy it delivered to me. I would pop one first thing in the morning, and would start feeling it kick in right before I had my breakfast. The energy was solid enough to get me all the way to my next dose without having to purchase a coffee or a Monster for the pre-lunch slump. I also felt that I didn't build much of a tolerance to the energy aspect as it seemed to deliver consistently each dose.

Thermogenic: (8.5) - The first few days I started, this was a little rough for me. I dont know if it was because I hadn't taken a fat burner in a long time, or my body just having a weak tolerance for these ingredients, but it hit me really hard the first few days. As if I had gotten the flu with the body temperature fluctuations -- I would be cold, but be sweating at the same time. After day 3, this started to subside and become much more tolerable. Thermo stayed pretty solid during the entire run and worked tremendously when days I used it as a preworkout.

Appetite Suppression: (9.2) - Probably this best quality of this product IMO. I mentioned before how the energy would keep my sustained until my lunch serving, same deal with the appetite suppression. This was the main reason I wanted to try this product. I have some issues snacking before and after lunch since I sit at a cubicle for 8-10 hours a day...and as you can imagine, it can get boring which leads to snacking. This kept my snacking to minimum, if at all. Huge plus here.

Mood: (7.0) - This was too inconsistent for me. I'd have days where it would hit me pretty hard and have me in a good mood during work, but then other days it just wasn't there. I'm sure it has to do with the stress from my job, but I was hoping it would take the devil out of me after talking to idiots on the phone all day.

(6.0)
    Now this will cost you a pretty penny....$70.00 for a month's supply, if you stick to the 2/day protocol. This is the only real negative I see in this product, especially since most competitive fat burners are in the $30-$40 range.

Side Effects

Other than the unpleasant thermo feelings during days 1-3, nothing really after that.

Conclusion

Overall, I think Cellucor has a solid product here, especially directed towards the stim junkies as this product delivers quite well in that department. As I just mentioned, my only issue with buying this again would be the price. I honestly couldn't justify spending $70 on a fat burner, when there are so many good ones out there in the $30-$40 price range. If/when the price point drops, I will definitely consider buying this again. Solid product, just a very steep price.

January 5, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Restful Sleep
    • Relaxation
    • No Test Boosting Effect

As I mentioned yesterday, apologies for this coming in so late, but a huge thank you to both Cellucor and SR TROOP for allowing me to test the P6 PM! I'm a huge fan of sleep aids, especially now that I have a 13 month old son. What I was looking for is a sleep aid that would not only aid in recovery, but provide me with enough of a calming effect to put me to sleep, but not knock me out so that I wouldn't hear my son if he woke up in the middle of the night.

Pros: ZMA, L-Theanine, Passionflower, GABA
    C...

Pros: ZMA, L-Theanine, Passionflower, GABA
    Cons: Tribulus, Melatonin

I'm a huge fan of L-Theanine, magnesium, and GABA, they work really well for me. Tribulus I feel is a non-factor, other than the potential libido enhancing properties, and melatonin usually either doesn't work at all for me, or it gives me a sleep hangover. More below.

Simple, 4 pills 30-45 minutes before bed. No complaints here.

(7.3)
    As a sleep and relaxation aid, this product works tremendously. The combination of L-Theanine, ZMA, passionflower, and GABA definitely started to kick in within 30 minutes of taking P6 PM. As I mentioned before, I'm a huge fan of L-Theanine especially, it works extremely well with me -- especially if I'm feeling any type of anxiety or restlessness before bed. I used to supplement CALM, which is a magnesium supplement in powder form, during my work days to help me stay...well...calm haha. The synergy of all the main ingredients here worked really well for me...no complaints at all...no sleep hangover from the Melatonin either. Now as I mentioned in my intro, I was looking for a product to help me relax and get to sleep, but not knock me out to the point where I wouldn't wake up if my son started crying -- and this product delivered here. Even when I fell into REM sleep, as soon as my son started crying, I'd wake up almost immediately. Not the most alert at times, but was still able to perform daddy duties.

Recovery...well, wasn't quite what I expected. Granted, most nights I don't get a full 6-8 hours of sleep due to the little guy, but I was hoping for some kind of recovery assistance. However, I failed to notice any enhanced effects in that department.

In regard to test boosting and tribulus...well, I did notice a slight increase in libido, but nothing to indicate an increase in test. We all know by now that Tribulus doesn't really do jack poo in increasing test levels...the same with Zinc.

Overall, sleep/relaxation = A, increase in test = F.

So you can buy a 30 serving container of this for around $40; coming out to more than a $1 a serving. Not a horrible price, but you can definitely find similar sleep aids, or build your own for cheaper.

Side Effects

None, as I mentioned earlier, no sleep hangover with the Melatonin.

Conclusion

Unfortunately, this will be a hard product for me to recommend. "But, you said it did what you wanted it to do." Yes, it did, in regard to the sleep and being able to wake up for my kid. But, it's hard for me to justify paying $40 for a sleep aid, where I can literally build my own for cheaper. If the test boosting properties were there, without a doubt, I'd purchase this product again. However, tribulus isn't a huge selling point for me. Thank you again SR TROOP and Cellucor for providing me a bottle of P6 PM to try. I wish I could recommend this product, but the value just isn't there for me. Now, if y'all would take out the tribulus and/or add L-Dopa, and not market it as a test booster, I would definitely purchase this again lol.

January 4, 2016

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Good Energy
    • Lack Of Pump
    • Lack Of Focus
    • Pretty Expensive

First, I'd like to apologize to both SR TROOP and Cellucor for this review coming in so late. With the holidays and being sick for 2 weeks, as well as my 1 year old son, it's been quite difficult to find time to do everything. But, I would like to thank both parties for the opportunity to try and review Cellucor's C4 Mass. I was a huge fan of the original C4 back in the day as it was always a safe bet for me in regard to effectiveness. Once I saw the new line come out with all the new C4's, I figured I'd give C4 Mass a shot since I'm a huge fan of intraworkout carbs. However, C4 Mass fell a little short for me.

As usual, I've attached a picture of the ingredient profile.

Main highlights: Beta Alanine, Creatine Nitrate, N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, Caffeine (150mg per scoop), TeaCor, and their Creacarb blend which resembled a carb pump matrix from a previous product plus creatine, I think M5 Reloaded?

The main thing that caught me off guard and had me cautious, was the 11g of fiber per scoop, which I missed when claiming this lol. So I was pretty worried about how it was going to impact my training w/ emergency bathroom runs. I'll elaborate more below.

I had the Icy Blue Razz and I thought it was fine -- tasted decent, not too sweet, no mixing issues. Pretty similar to the OG C4's flavor w/ Icy Blue Razz, but a little thicker consistency from the amount of powder per scoop.

(7.0)
    Now I used 1.5-2 scoops for the entire tub, and this is where I was a little let down. I knew from the beginning that 1 scoop wouldn't do the job due to only 150mg per scoop, even with the addition of TeaCor. Now I didn't see much difference with 1.5 vs 2 scoops, other than a slight increase in energy.

I mean the energy was decent and about the same as the OG C4...no real complaints in the energy department. However, the pump and focus was what was lacking for me. With the inclusion of N-Acetyl-L-Tyrosine, an amino acid that typically works very well for me, I was hoping more for that muscle mind connection/tunnel vision, however experienced none of that -- more than likely due to it being underdosed in that prop blend. Also, the pump was very mediocre as well. I really enjoy nitrate based products, however it was just too inconsistent. Some workouts, the pump was pretty decent, and then others, no real increase. Which was a pretty big shock since pump agents like nitrates, arginine, agmatine, CM, etc. paired with carbs, usually produces a huge pump for me.

Overall, other than the energy aspect, I was pretty disappointed with what I experienced with C4 Mass.

(5.8)
    You can pick up a tub of this (30 scoops) for around $35-$50, depending on the retailer of course. Now if this was a pure 1 scoop serving, the value would be much better, but considering most of us will use 1.5-2 scoops per workout, the value diminishes a lot. It such a competitive market, it would be hard for me to purchase this product again due to the subpar results and the somewhat hefty price tag.

Side Effects

(3.0)
    Ahhh the fiber! Well luckily, it didn't hit me as hard as it did Robert, but still had a couple scares. The first workout I used C4 Mass with was a heavy-ish squat session, and things got a little uncomfortable and ended up having to use the bathroom. Felt bloated and uncomfortable for the remainder of the workout. Luckily, this only happened 2 more times, and the rest of the workouts were all pretty solid. I noticed this seemed to happen when I had a full meal 2 hours before my workout, in comparison to my typical protein/carb shake.

Conclusion

Again, thank you to Cellucor and SR TROOP for providing me with a tub to try. I was hoping this would be one of my go to's for preworkouts like OG C4, however this just didn't deliver the way that I hoped. When the opportunity comes along again, I'll try another version of C4 and hopefully receive some better results.

December 18, 2015

• High Quality
    • No Bloat
    • Extreme Endurance
    • Improved Recovery
    • Can Be Expensive Depending On Serving Size

Once again, thank you to SR TROOP and Nutrabio for providing many of the TROOPers a tub of SuperCarb. I'm a huge fan of periworkout nutrition, specifically with utilizing amino acids w/ fast acting carbs. I've tried so many different combinations including CytoCarb, Karbolyn, HBCD w/ BCAA's, EAA's, etc. I'm a huge fan of Intra-MD because of the combo of HBCD and EAA's, but SuperCarb is right up there with it. (Also, your guys' care packages are the best with the extra goodies!)

Again, Nutrabio is n...

Attached a picture of the profile.

Again, Nutrabio is notorious for providing transparent labels so consumers know exactly what they're getting. I'm a huge fan of HBCD, it's my favorite carb source to date as it gives me no digestion/GI issues, and works extremely well for me. Does an awesome job replenishing glycogen stores, during and after a workout, and seems to enter/leave the stomach very quickly.

25g of carbs coming from HBCD, plus the inclusion of electrolytes for performance, endurance, and potential muscle cramping. Really easy to utilize, only thing I would've like to seen included would be the addition EAA's and/or BCAA's.

(9.0)
    I had the Orange Mango flavor and it was delicious. No issues with clumping/mixing...did just fine with a blender ball.

I typically used 1-2 scoops intraworkout, depending on the intensity of my workout.

(9.0)
    I actually used this both as a standalone and in combination with BCAA's.

Standalone - recovery and endurance was enhanced, but typically had DOMS for 1-2 days after the workout. Noticeable recovery between sets, no digestion issues (emergency bathroom runs), could feel it during the entire workout.

w/ BCAA's - the best combination ever. This even tops my favorite Intra-MD. Not only was my recovery amazing, very little or no DOMS a day after intense workouts, but performance in the gym was top notch. I felt like I was recovering significantly faster between sets, no muscle cramping, and had significant strength gains while using this product. Again, I won't contribute all of my strength gains to SuperCarb, but I definitely felt like it assisted my training and hitting my macros around training times. Other carb sources I've tried before, I have rarely felt an increase in energy from the carbs, but with SuperCarb, I was able to feel it every workout -- definitely a nice change of pace. Keep in mind, it's not like a stimmed out energy, but moreso to the fact that it helped me power through each workout when preworkouts were starting to fade.

(8.5)
    Now this is a tad expensive at around $55 a tub for 60 servings. Less than $1 a serving, but if you utilize more than 1 scoop per workout, you would cruise through this bottle pretty quickly. I have no issue spending $55 for a tub of this -- it tastes great, is extremely effective, and comes from one of the better supplement companies out there (IMHO). You get what you pay for here.

Side Effects

(0)
    I've had issues in the past with other carb sources -- primarily having me run to the bathroom halfway through the workout or causing stomach cramping/bloating. No issue with SuperCarb at all. +++

Conclusion

I have yet to be let down by a Nutrabio product. I believe, as I mentioned previously, that they are a top notch company that produces great products w/ transparent labels, and listens to what consumers are looking for. Again, thank you to both Nutrabio and TROOP for allowing me to test and review this. I will definitely be purchasing this again and recommend this to all who are in the market for some HBCD/carb products!

December 1, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Awesome Pumps
    • Dense Muscular Pumps
    • Great Vascularity
    • Pills Were Inconsistent

As usual, thank you to Cellucor and SR TROOP for sending me a bottle of their new N03 Chrome G4. I used the original N03 Chrome previously with mediocre results, but was interested to see if the new version would yield better pumpz -- and it did quite well. I've used a ton of pump products previously with agmatine sulfate, yok3d, arginine, noxygen, hemavol, etc. etc. so I can definitely differentiate which products work best on me.

Attached a picture of the profile.

So a combination of Arginine Nitrate, a blend of: patented Nitrosigine (I...

Attached a picture of the profile.

So a combination of Arginine Nitrate, a blend of: patented Nitrosigine (Inositol Stabilized Arginine Silicate), Citrulline Mallate, and Grape Seed extract. With the blend only being 750mg per serving, the CM is definitely underdosed. I typically respond very well to nitrate based products, but not so much with arginine by itself or in AAKG form. Although the profile was somewhat of a mystery to me as how I would respond, I was quite pleased with how the product delivered.

Meh, this is where my title comes into play. For the first week, I tried 3-5 pill servings, anywhere from 15 minutes to 1.5 hours before my workout to see where the sweet spot would lie for me. However, the pumps were too inconsistent. After reading about others emptying the pills into their preworkouts, I figured I'd give it a shot as well. And this is where the product shined for me. I tried again 3-5 pills during various workouts and didn't notice much of a difference between the serving size in regard to results, so I typically stayed with 3 pills, emptied into my preworkout, 15-30mins beforehand. No bad taste or anything, may have made it a little bit more bitter, but not a deal breaker for me.

(9.2)
    Man, I loved this stuff when I started using it in powder form in my preworkout. I would notice my muscles starting to get more dense and an increase in vascularity during my warmups -- which was awesome since it didn't take me to get half way through my workout when I started to notice it's effects. It started to really shine when I started doing more higher rep accessory and optional work, after my strength based exercises. I remember after doing some John Meadows Stretchers with mini band facepull supersets -- I don't think I've ever seen so many veins in my arms, chest, and shoulders...even when I weighed 30lbs lighter at 185.

Now the best combination I used was when I paired this with Nutrabio's SuperCarb (HBCD). The pumps and vascularity were amazing, but it was one of the first times where during certain exercises, my muscles would get so full of blood that it would literally hurt, more than the typical muscular endurance pain, and then trigger an insane pump. I could literally feel my pulse throbbing. Pretty awesome.

(8.0)
    Now this is a bit expensive, with the price range typically around $40 a bottle for 60 3 pill servings. Now if you follow the 3 pill serving, the value is actually pretty solid since you'll get 60 workouts. However, if you're like some of the other users who use 4-5 pills per serving, this is where the value will diminish. Overall, I think it's a pretty decent value even tho I consider pump supplements more to be a luxury supplement rather than a staple.

Side Effects

No issues at all.

Conclusion

At the end of the day, I would highly recommend this product based on the results I received. I would recommend busting the pills open and emptying it in your preworkout for the best results. Definitely one of the best pump products I've used to date. Only thing is that it's a little expensive at $40, but not a deal breaker for me at all -- I will probably be purchasing this again in the near future. I believe this would be best suited for bodybuilding type athletes who focus on hypertrophy. Again, thank you to SR TROOP and Cellucor for the opportunity!

5.2
    Thanks to Royal Sport LTD for sending it out!
      November 23, 2015

Pros:
     Cons:
    • Awesome Taste
    • Electrolytes
    • Cheaper Alternatives Out There.
    • Mediocre Recovery

Thank you once again to Royal Nutrition/Cellucor and SR TROOP for providing me with a tub of Charge to test out. As most of us utilize BCAA and intraworkout products as staples for periworkout nutrition and recovery, Charge takes an interesting approach with combining BCAA's and SAA's to assist with recovery and endurance. On paper, it looks solid, however it failed to deliver for me, unfortunately.

As usual, I've attached a copy of the ingredient profile.

As usual, I've attached a copy of the ingredient profile.

Highlights per 1 scoop - 5g's of SAA's, 4g's of BCAA's in 2:1:1 ratio, and a glutamine/hydration blend.

We all know what BCAA's and glutamine do for us, so no need to reiterate any of that information. If you want to read a solid write up of what SAA's are and are intended to do, please take a look at garlicks review of this product. Basically another form of recovery, potentially protecting testosterone levels, as well as cellular regrowth.

(8.5)
    I received the Raspberry Lemonade flavor and I enjoyed it a lot. Tasted pretty good, slight foaming, but all settled after a few minutes. Significantly less foaming in comparison to the BCAA products that have a hefty dose of L-Leucine.

(6.5)
    I've only tried one other SAA product before and that was when BPI originally came out with Blox. So much hype so I decided to grab a bottle. Unfortunately, this product did nothing for me in regard to recovery and I could have sworn that I just paid $40 for a tub of overpriced Kool-Aid.

Recovery is where this product was lacking for me. The 2:1:1 ratio for BCAA's is solid IMO, but only contains 4g's. The additional 5g's of SAA's is what's supposed to make up for it, I'm assuming. Don't get me wrong, I did feel like this product did aid in recovery, but minimally. There were days where I was still having DOMS from workouts 3-4 days before, which typically never happens when I'm running straight BCAA powders, which is why I gave it the lower rating.

The positives are that I thought the hydration/electrolyte blend were solid. No issues with cramping or feeling dehydrated during my workouts.

(5.2)
    Seems to be the reoccurring theme with Royal Sports products -- Charge is pretty expensive. Around $40 for a 30 serving tub -- not awful, but considering you can get an adequately dosed BCAA product for around $30, it would be hard for me to purchase this again, especially with the subpar results I experienced. Paying a little over a $1 per serving/workout. I do understand SAA's are expensive which is why I'm assuming the price tag on this is a bit higher than the norm in this category.

Side Effects

No issues whatsoever.

Conclusion

Overall, this would be a hard product for me to recommend. I know some others have had success with SAA products, however it seems that I may be a non responder. Again, I appreciate Royal Sports and SR TROOP for allowing me to test out a tub, but with the lack of positive results I experienced while running Charge in comparison with 2:1:1 and 8:1:1 BCAA products at a more reasonable price, it would be a hard sell for me.